Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
128 registered (AntonJ, ajames, anamnesis, 35 invisible), 1729 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Questions by peterws @ 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By bSharp[Cyclist]Thanks - I went with Standard and Model B earlier today ;0 I made a recording with the midi data I had saved this morning; and now playing with it hooked up directly to the piano. I also like sound of the freebie,
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by peterws @ 5 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Marcos Daniel A concert grand has a longer pivot, so the force to be used doesn't differ much regardless the point of the key you are hitting. Everybody knows that all the best piano players only hit the keys at the edge. So
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by BDB @ 7 minutes 15 seconds ago

His pianos may be fine. That does not mean that his theories are. Have you tried even one of mine?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: And lo, it comes up again... by BruceD @ 7 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By argerichfan... to include the Grave in the expo repeat of the Beethoven Op 13. [...] Some things cannot be repeated twice without trivializing the initial statement.[..] Repeat it twice? Isn't the question simply whether or n
Jump to new posts Re: Whats this synth (and other similar recomendations) by Morodiene @ 10 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By David FarleyThere's a couple videos where he seems to be using the same or similar setups in each one. Here's one of him giving a class. He's using a lot of stuff - not just one synth. I suspect the keyboard is merely being used
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 10 minutes 52 seconds ago

41 Swiss MS Now, one o0 the delights of these recitals is to hear others` pianos. Yours is truly lovely and the piece you play is so charming to listen to. That was down to you! Good stuff. 42 Shubertian Another lovely piano! And you do it jus
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by TonyB @ 12 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Marcos DanielIn the picture in which there is a guy with an accordion next to a Roland (Grand?) digital piano, it is very noticeable the short distance from key's front to their pivot. I wonder how much would add to the price us
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-5-1 Chord Progression ??? by jjo @ 18 minutes 42 seconds ago

prout: you're missing the point of a chord progression, which is a sequence of chords that have a momentum in a certain direction. The 2-5-1 is not the same as 5-5-5. The 5 chord has the tritone in it, which naturally and delightfully resolves to
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by Deep Fish Piano @ 26 minutes 53 seconds ago

Hi, The Monkeys, I am not a teacher, I am a mom. Let's not guessing what the current teacher is thinking. From songs your sons play, I think the high profile teacher is not a good fit. If you let kids go interview with him, if he did not take your s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-5-1 Chord Progression ??? by prout @ 37 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By proutNo matter how you look at it, 2-5-1 is simply another way of describing a circle of fifths. If you continue, you will get, from the start, 2-5-1-4-7-3-6-2-5-1-4-7-3-6...staying in the key of C. Ac
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by AZNpiano @ 39 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By The Monkeys I am surprised that the opinions are so singled sided, based on an assumption that a dedicated performer is not a good fit for recreational students. Why are you so surprised??? The four students who transf
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert impromptu op. 90 no. 2 so far by boogiewoogie123 @ 39 minutes 45 seconds ago

OK thanks bruce I will try to remember to post again when I finish the piece
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Tuner recommendations in San Francisco by TheLoneliestMonk @ 40 minutes 33 seconds ago

I am looking for a new piano tuner in the San Francisco area. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: will changing bass strings improve richness of bass sound? by Nathan Monteleone @ 45 minutes 43 seconds ago

Ah good point BDB. Although if he's willing to live with a non-speaking length splice in the event that he decides to go back to the original string, it's certainly doable. I may be burned at the stake for saying it, but there's really no harm in hav
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stephanie Trick--A great young stride player by Nahum @ 50 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By jjorintincop: I agree. The playing is pleasant and impressive, but no real sense of swing or "greasiness" like you have in the great stride masters. The result of the study on the printed notes?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by bennevis @ 55 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By The Monkeys I am surprised that the opinions are so singled sided, based on an assumption that a dedicated performer is not a good fit for recreational students. If you have a cursory read through Pianist Corner, you'll get
Jump to new posts Re: Whats this synth (and other similar recomendations) by David Farley @ Today at 02:54 PM

There's a couple videos where he seems to be using the same or similar setups in each one. Here's one of him giving a class. He's using a lot of stuff - not just one synth. I suspect the keyboard is merely being used as a controller.
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by Marcos Daniel @ Today at 02:47 PM

Even though I have X-ray vision, I can't see pivots because the picture has been taken in the visible light range of electromagnetic spectrum. Anyway I infer that keys are short because of the angle that pressed keys form with respect to others. The
Many musicians nowadays are OK with their music being distributed (promoted) for free on YouTube and they make money from concert tours instead. We live in a new century, so things are changing. Streaming services are part of the future.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by Karl Watson @ Today at 02:46 PM

Where always is heard a discouraging word: Have you tried even ONE of his pianos ? Shame, shame. Karl Watson, Staten Island, NY
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-5-1 Chord Progression ??? by Mark_C @ Today at 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By proutNo matter how you look at it, 2-5-1 is simply another way of describing a circle of fifths. If you continue, you will get, from the start, 2-5-1-4-7-3-6-2-5-1-4-7-3-6...staying in the key of C. Actually you're not doing a b
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by CyberGene @ Today at 02:42 PM

Here's an idea: how about putting real Renner action into an accordion! I'll not sue you over this, I'd just accept few millions on a good will from Roland or whoever manages to first adopt that bright idea! P.S. Oh, crap, it won't work vertically
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Questions by Frédéric L @ Today at 02:40 PM

Pro Logic, FL, Pro tools are DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), they are applications designed to record, mix and process multiple audio and MIDI sources. (A short and very simplified description) Pianoteq is only a virtual instrument which generates
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by Scooby Hoo @ Today at 02:40 PM

X-ray vision? We have that here? My vision is seeing a rollout of a super trendy Roland accordion with premium Nord-styling, as well as a Roland grand "super-natural" piano. Accordion Rollout!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by S. Phillips @ Today at 02:40 PM

Logan, Used B's are probably the most sought after piano. If you like the sound and have it checked out by a good concert tech it is probably a good deal. Sometimes a piano that does not play well can just be regulated and voiced so that would not
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tuner recommendations in San Francisco
by TheLoneliestMonk
08/24/16 03:17 PM
Noisy keyboard?
by CalUK
08/24/16 01:57 PM
Chopstick Piano
by David Farley
08/24/16 12:53 PM
a petition re. the Lipatti house
by Michael Sayers
08/24/16 12:16 PM
Lesson
by Qazsedcft
08/24/16 11:38 AM
Forum Stats
84,752 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,717 Topics
2,550,004 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission