Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
142 registered (ajames, Almar, agent8698, alwatson, almondtea, 30 invisible), 2166 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP-600 series release date? by peterws @ 8 minutes 46 seconds ago

Y`know, you can listen to stuff folk write, and listen to what you hear. But if you don`t know how to handle the piano in question, like, different settings, onboard pianos, etc etc, and you can hardly see the little black buttons in the showroom, y
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by pianopi @ 10 minutes 46 seconds ago

I really quite disagree with assigning rigid practice requirements for students. Especially when it is based on received information from the practice methods of music examiners, well-known concert pianists and the like. What right do we have to ass
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha N1 or Yamaha upright or used baby grand? by Loga @ 11 minutes 48 seconds ago

Hi wouter79, thanks for your reply! Since I already used to have a baby grand, I would say that practising from 6pm to 8pm is fine for the neighbours. I plan to try the Yamaha N1 in Wien next Thursday, however, from youtube samples I am not amazed.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 6ths, 9ths, Rootless chords by Nahum @ 12 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Greener For diminished 7th use root and 6th. The first 5 overtones make the strongest foundation for a chord, as in the case of minor, they are contained within the octave intervals, perfect fifth, perfect fourth, maj. tenth
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq - an audiophile experience by login @ 16 minutes 48 seconds ago

One thing audiophiles will never get is that a lot of artist don't look up for fidelity or super bright clean sound. Today artists are looking to reintroduce the imperfections of yesterday recordings through tape simulation and saturation software.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relative humidity in the 70s by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 18 minutes 25 seconds ago

We don't know, but what I can tell you is that is about 10 years, your piano will have rust all over it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by Montuno @ 19 minutes 40 seconds ago

WilliamMc, welcome to the fun. Enjoy the ride and good luck! Here's a couple of links that I found incredibly useful for self-teaching: Dr. John Mortensen A piano professor from the Cedarville University, everyone who wants to self-teach (well, an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by OrangeredStilton @ 20 minutes 21 seconds ago

Oh boy, I forgot entirely: could I file an entry on the Excused list for Thursday? Must've been a 24-hour bug or something similar, since I'm feeling much better today, and managed to get a good half-hour in at the piano. I'm feeling fairly good abo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Palmpirate @ 21 minutes 33 seconds ago

I have been working on my Chopin Nocturne Op 27 no2 for about 18 months now and can play it all through,and am so very nearly there. I wish I have so much more practice time! Because I've so many 'sections' out of context it has been a revelation to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha N1 or Yamaha upright or used baby grand? by wouter79 @ 23 minutes 25 seconds ago

Did you already try good acoustics and a N1? A good acoustic always wins over a top DP. You need to estimate your practice hours. I also live in an appartment and practice on my grand between 7 and 9 pm. Neighbours are fine with that. But if you pl
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Morodiene @ 30 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Dave HorneOriginally Posted By MorodieneOut of curiosity, why do you require a receipt? Does the Roland warranty transfer to 2nd users or something? Well, the seller stated that the piano was three months old. In earlier commu
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by pianistje @ 34 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Falsch If the action is the same (which it is between the FP-90 and RD-2000) and te engine is the same (which is probably the case as well), both piano's should play and sound the same when played through the same headphones, if
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Totally and Completely Discouraged by Morodiene @ 35 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By peterwsOriginally Posted By PhilipInChina You are by no means alone. In fact I imagine that a trouble free path from beginner to virtuoso is possibly unheard of. I guess we`ve all been there, done that . . . .hang on, I`m missi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Relative humidity in the 70s by charleslang @ 37 minutes 20 seconds ago

I am considering placing a good piano in a basement area of a house, where there is a dirt floor. The space is maybe fifty feet wide, and has a high part where the dirt is dry, then a lower area where the dirt is wet and at the lowest area there is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paralyzed left fingers by wouter79 @ 39 minutes 5 seconds ago

>I ... have therefore no feeling in the pinky and ring finger > Paralyzed_left_fingers Now what was it, paralyzed or no feeling? Paralyzed means you can not control the movement of the fingers. 'no feeling' suggests you can still control the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by Palmpirate @ 41 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By StubbieOriginally Posted By WiseBuffAloha! Missed one day (January 15)on the return from a wonderful vacation to Kailua Kona, Hawaii. We rented a weighted digital yamaha for a week and when the others were sleeping early in th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by Palmpirate @ 44 minutes 41 seconds ago

I missed reporting out for Wednesday 18th Jan. Not that I really minded - we went to hear Emanuel Ax at the VSO playing Beethoven's Emperor! What a treat! I got in a bit of practice before we left and when we got back so it was only one day. Facing a
Jump to new posts Re: DPs Exposed! - Kawai MP7 Lot 142 by lophiomys @ 49 minutes 3 seconds ago

No sorry. Dont remember. The most recent repair was done by qualified service technician. He knew it by heart and was doing it really quick.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Totally and Completely Discouraged by peterws @ 49 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By PhilipInChina You are by no means alone. In fact I imagine that a trouble free path from beginner to virtuoso is possibly unheard of. I guess we`ve all been there, done that . . . .hang on, I`m missing the T shirt . . . .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rhythm question Brahms Op. 118 no. 5 by Anne Francis @ 59 minutes 4 seconds ago

Yes--I was thinking about this just now, and I think bar 4 could be described as a hemiola, but not what comes before.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Classical piano 4 hands by Isabelle1949 @ Today at 10:40 AM

Originally Posted By BDBLook into the Paraphrases, by Borodin, et al., to see what can be done with Chopsticks! Oh, my Chopsticks. When I was little, my dad and I would play that together on the piano. He was a pipe organ builder/piano repair man
Piano Forum
"Dealer prep" is doing what is necessary to bring the piano into reasonable good condition, in tuning, tone quality, and touch. Some pianos come out of the crate needing little, others need more work. This issue isn't whether or not the d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by jjo @ Today at 10:34 AM

It's certainly less common for drummers to be a leader, but Art Blakey didn't let that stop him.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paralyzed left fingers by Falsch @ Today at 10:33 AM

Instead of a chord, you can also try an arpeggio (broken chord). I've played quite a lot of Irish/Celtic Airs from fake books, so there's no left hand (they're mostly written for solo flute or tin whistle). A left hand that works really well is the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paralyzed left fingers by jjo @ Today at 10:32 AM

I don't have any specific advice, but you might be inspired by reading about a great jazz pianist, Horace Parlan, who had a wonderful career despite a similar issue: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Parlan
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Relative humidity in the 70s
by charleslang
01/20/17 11:11 AM
Paralyzed left fingers
by Sarah64
01/20/17 07:44 AM
Eavestaff minipiano
by foxpianotuning
01/20/17 07:34 AM
Blue third
by johan d
01/20/17 07:20 AM
Yamaha N1 or Yamaha upright or used baby grand?
by Loga
01/20/17 06:43 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,316 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,888 Topics
2,590,324 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission