Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
72 registered (AmateurBob, AndrewJCW, Bachus, accordeur, Anticlock, 16 invisible), 838 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano by MaximLuchnik @ 21 minutes 7 seconds ago

I just noticed the KAWAI CA97 do you think it is a good model?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by BDB @ 33 minutes 14 seconds ago

So which standard was correct? If they cannot agree, does it matter?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts New Piano by MaximLuchnik @ 33 minutes 30 seconds ago

Hello, I am a quickly advancing piano player that has been playing the piano for 1.5 years I want to get a good quality piano. I was interested in Technics piano because of their qua;it, but I found no parts or retaliers in the US to fix it if it bre
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Hakki @ 52 minutes 38 seconds ago

It seems that Gergiev was under pressure and had to obey the orders. But at least the deal seems to be limited only for the competition. Now he is acting by his free will.
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 01:11 AM

When I took my CTE exam, with Bill as one of my examiners coincidentally, I had a friend with a Cyber Tuner. I asked if it was calibrated. "Oh yes. It came from the factory perfectly calibrated." I checked my fork. It registered flat. I fil
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by rysowers @ Today at 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPTAfter the firestorm I created among the PTG examiners by asking a simple question, I got the Sanderson Beat Rater by UPS on Thursday. I had personally never needed such a thing but I do try to help a lot of peopl
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By WalkingintheAir I am so tired of being controlled by sheets of paper. I want to break away from it. Ayup. I feel exactly the same way. And I memorize all my pieces that I play at retirement homes. But I'm still tied to the shee
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Slow down, gradually build up the tempo. I wish you the best. Worth repeating A few years ago I finally decided to learn more about how to practice. I could transfer some things I'd learned about how to learn doin
Jump to new posts Re: Keyframe corner rounded at una corda spring contact by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:31 AM

When the key guide plates are replaced, just try the pedal and see how it works. It will need a little grease on it to work well and retard wear. If it feels too hard to the foot, replacing the spring with one that fits the keyframe may be the wisest
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:23 AM

Wessell, Nickel & Gross offer the option of slightly different heels on the whippens of the sharps to bring the black and white keys into convergence as regards the magic line. I think it is overkill.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiring a tech to FIND a piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:18 AM

What do you know about me Norbert. We have never met. Unless you were the one sometime back making crank phone calls to me screaming "do you want a piece of me". Was that you? The accent sounded German. Anyway most readers can see through
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I had a fire with a lot of soot/smoke damage. by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:13 AM

I have never seen a Vose grand that I could justify rebuilding unless the owner was attached for emotional reasons. In the US, $15K could get you a very nice condition Baldwin or Chickering grand from the 1950 to 1980 era. It will take some searching
Adult Beginners Forum
Walkingintheair, I'm sorry that you are sad by the responses. My dad played by ear, so did my son. Problem with playing by ear is you really have to have the sounds of the music in your head, you have to already know. If you don't know it, you won't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By MarkarianI think the main reasons, from a buyer standpoint, that one WOULDN'T want to post the price they paid would be: 1) Hurting their own resale value down the road. 2) Souring their relationship with the dealer, who is oft
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Messian prelude - question on notes by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By Eric NYCI have to admit that I haven't really "gotten" the music yet... That's part of the reason why I'm taking a step back into the preludes. Sometimes working through a piece at the piano is a great way of getting to
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Olek @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Magic line attained just before letoff How do you manage the sharps then? Do you use a smaller here on them? On some keyboards I measured, I find the sharps sitting on the magic line at rest while the white keys pass them at 0.4mm Hence less re
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New piano. Now I hear all my flaws. by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By ArghhhCongrats on the new piano!!! Yes!!! Originally Posted By hreichgott....Now that I'm practicing on it, I just hear all my flaws. It's sort of embarrassing. I made a quick recording of the second movement of the Beethoven
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Olek @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By Ed FooteOriginally Posted By Roy123 My models show that the ratio is quite constant throughout the key stroke (until letoff, of course), increasing somewhat because of the jack hitting a slightly different part of the knuckle a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I had a fire with a lot of soot/smoke damage. by Rickster @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By dejavoodoo114I don't really know anything about piano's except that I love listening to them and learning to play. Would I be better off with a rebuild or a newer one? I really shouldn't be giving advice here, but I can't help my
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question on attitude , psychology and piano. by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By Johan BThe best about psychology and piano is......... Just remember that 95% of humanity plays no piano........... Regards, Johan B Wow, ambiguously cool statistic,, we need to get music teachers movin' their methods.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner trying to self teach to recognize notes by ear by WalkingintheAir @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

I'm really sad by the responses. I am also confused. Many people have said the ability to play songs by ear is something you can learn. Do they mean songs can be played by ear when you are given the chords? My problem is: I can play a song 5,000
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: July Piano Bar S. Rachmaninoff Romance op8. n2 by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

I don't know if i should post this ...as this is only a practice ; I feel it takes quite more than a few weeks to get this to form- beyond my skill,but it is written in the same key and has very similar chord progressions to "Lullaby of the bells "
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by peterws @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Seems that optical requirements change greatly as we progress through this maelstrom called "time"! As one who has 20/20 vidion (minus 20 that is) all i can add here is that every optician, sorry, optemitrist, gives me a different prescrip
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New piano. Now I hear all my flaws. by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

Congrats on the new piano!!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I had a fire with a lot of soot/smoke damage. by dejavoodoo114 @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

I don't really know anything about piano's except that I love listening to them and learning to play. Would I be better off with a rebuild or a newer one?
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Piano
by MaximLuchnik
07/05/15 01:41 AM
Suggestions for program of "New Age" pieces
by gingko2
07/04/15 10:22 PM
Messian prelude - question on notes
by Eric NYC
07/04/15 07:38 PM
Center pin lube, "green stuff"
by Keith Roberts
07/04/15 07:28 PM
regulating/reconditi
oning an old piano

by Eric NYC
07/04/15 07:00 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,298 Topics
2,424,045 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission