Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesI can console myself with the fact that it's hard to decorate around a divan anyway. Reminds me of some of Oscar Wilde's last words, on his death bed: "This wallpaper is absolutely hideous - one of us has to g
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: teaching in a studio vs independently from home by Candywoman @ 4 minutes 19 seconds ago

I highly recommend you not work at the studio. Of course your ego is touched by the kindness of the person asking. Do not fall for this ruse. The only possible benefit to working at a studio would be meeting another colleague who could become a frie
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polish rebuilding at SAP by Del @ 14 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bkw58Have you ever found that when, say, a 70 year old S&S grand is rebuilt and the old whippens are retained - they all 'look and feel good' - that, due to a renewed interest and pleasure in playing, the piano is played muc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piano do i have? by Paul S. @ 35 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: backto_study_pianoI'm have a feeling that Conn had a 552 model - but more likely in the 1960s. I also think Conn organ company (not sure of their formal name) had some links with some piano companies in the 50s and 60s, so whet
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What IS this song? (And yes, I mean "song"!) by Mark_C @ 42 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BruceDBut, Marc_C, it's not a direct quote! It's darn close. Quote:....compare.... That makes a big difference. No it doesn't. I honestly sincerely mean that. But I know it's a matter of judgment. I'd grade the similarity a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piano do i have? by backto_study_piano @ 55 minutes 20 seconds ago

It definitely is a piano? I'm have a feeling that Conn had a 552 model - but more likely in the 1960s. I also think Conn organ company (not sure of their formal name) had some links with some piano companies in the 50s and 60s, so whether they did &
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Will a Damp-Chaser fill in the cracks in a sound-board? by Paul678 @ 59 minutes 11 seconds ago

I noticed higher-humidity from my swamp-cooler filled in a crack in my guitar. Can a damp-chaser do the same for a piano's cracked sound-board?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is a Yamaha P35 appropriate for church services? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 12:33 AM

FWIW -- If you have the budget, consider a Casio PX-350. The action is at least as good as the P-35 (I think it's better), and the PX-350 has: . . . Line Out (stereo and mono) for the PA; . . . A good selection of organ and electronic piano sound
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bored kid at Cosco.. by backto_study_piano @ Today at 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungBritney Spears was good at something? What? Who? And, great playing, Jake.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital keyboard actions and price range question. by littlebirdblue @ Today at 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Indra123 At what price range do digital keyboard actions start to feel completely identical to a grand? Supposedly, Yamaha N1 as well as N2 and N3 have keyboard action that is identical to a grand piano but opinions on this va
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Jordan P @ Today at 12:30 AM

Thank you for your response, Bill. You addressed something that has always been a source of confusion for me with ET. I have had a hard time understanding what the point is of composing music in different keys when all keys sound essentially the sam
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear by Charles Cohen @ Today at 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: khopin. . . The experience with the HD360 is much better than with the 6400, the sound is richer, louder and I notice that the difference is higher in the basses. Here the sound is a lot better and make the piano sound much pow
Adult Beginners Forum
Just when I thought this week's lecture is too easy, the double and triple dotted note was introduced. Very interesting. I've never heard of a double dotted note. For a double dotted quarter note, the time would be a quarter + an eighth + a sixtee
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What IS this song? (And yes, I mean "song"!) by BruceD @ Today at 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark_C[...]I mean, I'm convinced -- utterly convinced -- that other stuff in West Side Story was "gotten" from classical things, whether consciously or not. Best example: That great song, "There's a Place For Us.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bored kid at Cosco.. by JohnSprung @ Today at 12:14 AM

Britney Spears was good at something? What?
Jump to new posts Re: Digital keyboard actions and price range question. by Charles Cohen @ Today at 12:09 AM

FWIW -- [quote] . . . something that feels exactly like a grand . . . [quote] "Exactly" is a funny word. What you're looking for is a "blind test" result: . . . which digital keyboard (including its sound generator) cannot
Piano Forum
http://masonhamlin.com/crown-retention-system/ There's a 5' 8" M&H I'm looking at, that is supposedly about 100 years old. It's priced cheaply at $4,500 most likely due to the many cracks in it's soundboard. And it does have the tension
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piano do i have? by JohnSprung @ Today at 12:02 AM

Grand or upright? Where does aunty live? Can she e-mail you some pictures that you can post?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What IS this song? (And yes, I mean "song"!) by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Hmmm -- I've been confusing Bernstein's "There's a Place for Us" with "A Time for Us" -- which is by Nino Rota (who did the Fellini movies), 1968.... Bernstein Place Rota Time Bernstein Place Rota Time I'll try to remember...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by littlebirdblue @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXPerhaps I need to understand a bit more of your piano history It's a long, long story but to make it short, I took piano lessons from age 4 to 9 then, I tried again when I was 17 before I left for college with a teacher
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Senior Recital: Schumann Arabeske Op.18 by bplary1300 @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Hi Louis, I hope part of your harsh criticism is a result of the shoddy recording quality in my school's recital hall but I feel this is a piece you could spend a lifetime with, and unfortunately I only had 1.5 months to prepare it for this recital
Jump to new posts Re: Digital keyboard actions and price range question. by ColoRodney @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

I have a Kawai grand piano, and a Kawai ES7 (slab piano with speakers). They feel different, but I have no trouble at all playing good music on both of them. I gig a fair amount, so the easy portability and decent built-in speakers on the ES7 are a b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What do you think made you passionate about music/pianos? by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Sweet06Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: ParksOriginally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: Spuds I would love to hear pianist's experiences with what triggered their passion for music. Getting girls mo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts What piano do i have? by allana @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Hi All, My aunty has an old Piano that she calles a "Con552". she said it was made in May 1952 (thus the 552), but I don't know what brand it is. Any ideas as she lives far from me so I cant go look! She needs to get rid of it! Thanks
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Jon PageHere's what just came in from the piano teacher with the M today with KVEW: Well, Jon, I won't disappoint you! Hear the difference? I had to look several times to be certain you hadn't removed my Mr. S. and brought in
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
101 registered (angga888, Atrys, Anticlock, Art_Vandelay, ando, 29 invisible), 1297 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75569 Members
42 Forums
156242 Topics
2294606 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Will a Damp-Chaser fill in the cracks in a sound-board?
by Paul678
07/29/14 12:36 AM
The Mason & Hamlin Tension Resonator: Help or Hype???
by Paul678
07/29/14 12:06 AM
What piano do i have?
by allana
07/28/14 11:43 PM
Moving to Intermediate Level
by Gisele
07/28/14 11:15 PM
Mixer
by doremi
07/28/14 10:48 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission