Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
103 registered (Ben Boule, anotherscott, Barry1963, Beemer, anamnesis, 34 invisible), 1324 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Enhanced Tuning Stability: Real or Coincidental? by rxd @ 3 minutes 54 seconds ago

While individual strings stayin put forms a good part of a piano staying in tune, this is about a more gestalt aspect of tuning whereby a few successive tunings by the same tuner will cause all sections of the piano to stay in close relationship to e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores? by Rank Piano Amateur @ 4 minutes 32 seconds ago

I think that caution is mandated when using non-juried on line reviews of anything, not just piano stores. There are some sites that might contain reviews that are potentially useful (for example, the knot.com for wedding stuff) but the information
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CMP Grand app for Ipad, Bechstein update worth the money? by Digitalguy @ 6 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: spanishbuddhaAll the iPad piano apps, and I include GarageBand in that, are fun to play around with, but the sound is way behind that of the built in sounds on most DP's and so too that of VST's. The price is relatively low thou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores? by terminaldegree @ 7 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveThis is what I think about whenever I think of online ratings: The day is still early here, phantomFive, but that will undoubtedly be the funniest thing I've read all day! Bravo...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guide to skills level by BrianDX @ 13 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GemgemAs a one year only, older piano learner, I am not taking exams and probably never will. I found this site useful as a guide to what level I am at: www.st-cecilia.com.au Go into the examination tab at the top and it gives
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by TrapperJohn @ 33 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: StubbieSam's boots were made for walkin' Appalachian Trail, they said So that's just what they did Now play your piano again.* Congrats! * Apologies to Nancy Sinatra No - Nancy should apologize to music lovers everywhere
Jump to new posts Re: Experienced pianist: digital piano to "replace" grand by dire tonic @ 34 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bennevisThe V is almost infinitely tweakable, ALL software libraries, both sampled and modelled are 'infinitely' tweakable and hype-able via the signal processors (filters, envelopes, EQs, compressors, gates, reverbs, stereo ima
Jump to new posts Re: The New custom-modded VPC1 by RavenworksDesign! by Pete14 @ 37 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dewsterOriginally Posted By: emeneltonWere the counterweights not part go the original? The Kawai picture for the RM3 specifically notes a counterweight: No clue if they're made of the wrong element, have the wrong mass, o
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Silly video - Easy Beans from Ben Crosland by Nikolas @ Today at 07:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQI7IXjGSS0 It's silly and Ben's calling me "his crazy publisher"! Perhaps he's right... :P What can I say? Anyhow... enjoy!
Originally Posted By: dire tonic From ~3:20, for example, the lower middle RH, particularly where we hear single-notes, is a give away. I've played quite a few acoustic pianos whose mid range sound exactly like that (BTW, I'm listening via the sa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trill technique question by Derulux @ Today at 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By: wouter79Usually 2 and 3 are so close together in a trill that even large forearm rotation would not give any finger motion. It seems to me ineffective use of muscles to do fast 'micro rotation' of forearm for 2-3-trill. Therefo
Piano Forum
Thanks for your responses. Yes, I think it was the right decision and I will surely post some pictures and yt-video of our new quintett, once it has arrived. Honestly speaking, I was not so much impressed of almost all the second hand S&S whic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clarifying arm weight technique by Nahum @ Today at 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: TheHappyPianoMuse For six months, three to four hours a day ... I practiced a series of thirds .... c & e .... then up two octaves to c & e ... then up to adjacent to d& f and back down to octave to d & F
Jump to new posts Re: I just bought a Casio PX-780 by fizikisto @ Today at 07:18 AM

Rozzok According to the specs, the px-780 has a line in, so it should be possible to play the sounds from the computer via the piano's speakers.
You've linked to that performance before. I'm impressed with both the performance and the quality of the recording but while I think the V-piano sounds very good here, to my ears its unexceptional as a simulation. From ~3:20, for example, the lower
Originally Posted By: dire tonicAnd if the OP is still weighing up his alternatives, he should give serious consideration to something like this - both expressive AND convincing (search the page for Shaun Choo if it doesn't automatically jump there)
Originally Posted By: dire tonicOriginally Posted By: toddyYes - it's interesting to hear these V-Piano examples. As usual with the Roland V, you get to hear a quite characteristic quality which could be described (of course, crudely) with words lik
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guide to skills level by Ataru074 @ Today at 06:55 AM

Magrath's guide is excellent for beginners and a lot of adult beginners that for a reason or another aren't able to technically improve in a short amount of time, providing a huge amount of pieces that can be performed, by an even bigger amount of au
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: forum extremely slow? by casinitaly @ Today at 06:55 AM

Ok, now that I understand that adblocker needs some help with picking what to block, (thanks UKIkarus!) I have blocked Hailun pianos and the site is loading properly. Sorry Hailun!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: forum extremely slow? by UKIkarus @ Today at 06:44 AM

Sorry for double posting, Could I ask a favour from those of you having issues with the know-how, using either chrome or firefox? please hit F12 to bring up the developer panel like so. (this is firefox but chrome should be similar) Click on the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lester Betsy Ross Spinet- worth? by LarryShone @ Today at 06:43 AM

I had never heard of Lester Betsy, odd name, then I found a site with lots of queries about them! Big name in America I guess!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pearl River vs. Samick by LarryShone @ Today at 06:39 AM

Seems odd to have narrowed the choice down to two pianos that you havent actually heard yet!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lester Betsy Ross Spinet- worth? by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:35 AM

Originally Posted By: cobalt60Thanks for the replies. I think the keytops are one piece if memory recalls. Yes. They were called a "waterfall" design because instead of having the traditional overhand the piano key's edge looked like wate
Originally Posted By: toddyYes - it's interesting to hear these V-Piano examples. As usual with the Roland V, you get to hear a quite characteristic quality which could be described (of course, crudely) with words like this: Detailed and expressive
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trill technique question by wouter79 @ Today at 05:58 AM

Usually 2 and 3 are so close together in a trill that even large forearm rotation would not give any finger motion. It seems to me ineffective use of muscles to do fast 'micro rotation' of forearm for 2-3-trill. Therefore I think it should not be us
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bottom of hammer hitting top of damper on upright
by JoeThePro
12/21/14 10:09 PM
Getting better
by Kekewak
12/21/14 07:35 PM
Pearl River vs. Samick
by Zekk
12/21/14 03:41 PM
Kawai vs. Yamaha: what to choose
by SeeSharp
12/21/14 02:19 PM
Disklavier Pro Alternatives? C5X Value for money?
by bryan77
12/21/14 01:15 PM
Forum Stats
77391 Members
42 Forums
160049 Topics
2350398 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission