Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
75 registered (AGPianist, Amosdoll, Akino, augustm, 25 invisible), 880 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with parent during my "break" by Publishing Guy @ 1 minute 45 seconds ago

I have this happen, too. Slightly different scenario, but the same root problem. I'm usually eating during my break, so I say, "Give me about 10 minutes and I'll be with you. Gotta finish my sandwich. I'm grouchy without food since I'm hypogly
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recitals by outo @ 3 minutes 50 seconds ago

Yes, I have settled with Sam that we can use the software and promised to take care of the thing. But I didn't want to announce it before the August recital is over, so that people won't get confused with so many of them
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My visit to the Steinway Piano Gallery to assess pianos by Furtwangler @ 21 minutes 24 seconds ago

Interesting. How would you compare that 5'10" Boston with your new Baldwin?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Performance at Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facilities by debussychopin @ 24 minutes 56 seconds ago

I've had held a couple of piano recitals at the one I go to weekly. My fellow piano classmates and I played for about 45 mins, I made the program, scheduled with the events coordinator, and got the word out. Somehow the week before my first recital t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What exactly is unique about an Acrosonic? by gracegren @ 25 minutes 32 seconds ago

Nice to read this thread about Acrosonics and see the posted photo. The family piano I learned piano on in the 1950's was an Acrsonic, and I had at least six solid years of practice on that piano in elementary school. I wonder where it is right no
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Piano by gracegren @ 36 minutes 34 seconds ago

Thanks all, I think I will wait, and educate myself much more on this vast topic of what piano might I want to buy in the future. Right now I am happy with the pianos I do have.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha p35 by debussychopin @ 37 minutes 48 seconds ago

Just my experience. P35 is very difficult to play on the black keys on certain arpeggios and hand positions due to seems to be the fulcrum positioning that is too close to the front which I feel is the case. Even though I understand that it has the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WIPAC - Washington Amateur Piano Competition by SiFi @ 39 minutes 13 seconds ago

Can't find any results. So we have to wait until tomorrow.
Jump to new posts Re: quality digital piano by fizikisto @ 42 minutes 32 seconds ago

dbelmont2 In that case there are several contenders that might be suitable. The Roland RD-800 might also be worth a look. It has an absolutely phenomenal action (among the most realistic feeling actions available on a DP) and a variety of sup
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WIPAC - Washington Amateur Piano Competition by SiFi @ 43 minutes 2 seconds ago

OK, here's my selection for the finals. I have NOT seen the actual results, so this could be really really embarrassing. Cheung, Michael - Canada/France Sung, Max - USA Liao, Andy - USA Liu, Joseiph - Taiwan/USA Fesdekjian, Lara - Canada Berro, Mir
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recitals by wouter79 @ 45 minutes 18 seconds ago

Is this recital still going to happen? I have a piece already recorded that might suit this
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet questions by AGPianist @ 45 minutes 40 seconds ago

Thanks for the info, Mikegmo. That seems like a great solution; definitely let us know how it works out for you! I'd be interested in something like that for home practicing, which is what I'm assuming you'll use it for, but it does seem a bit large
Jump to new posts Re: GEM RP90 successful repair by Kumi_27 @ 46 minutes 16 seconds ago

In the "bootloader" part of the RP100 (90/100/120/150) firmware there are some text strings like REALPIANO * RP100 * BALDWIN * PIANOVELLE RP100 * REALPIANO * RP150 However, this may be some obsolete code, because the firmware is used in RP
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WIPAC - Washington Amateur Piano Competition by SiFi @ 54 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By musica71I too wanted to leave the premises at the ("Wild Jadg) , surprised the piano was still standing! Yay! I am not alone!
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing a digital baby grand by Or Moyal @ Today at 01:16 AM

Interesting. I was under the impression the baby grands played better than the smaller digital pianos. I like the aesthetics of a grand piano look, but if the only material difference is the 'pregnant' cabinet I may have to reconsider.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for removing leather key bushings? by BDB @ Today at 01:00 AM

For field repair of worn catcher leather, I just glue over new leather the old leather. If the job is ever done right, it is no more difficult to remove both layers than it is to remove one. But I have never had anyone who wants to put in the money t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with parent during my "break" by Peter K. Mose @ Today at 12:41 AM

There's no clear good answer here. You work in a music store, so dad is confronted with teaching materials most parents never see. And he has a built-in half an hour to look for new books to suggest to you! Moreover, we are all forgetting that in a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for removing leather key bushings? by rbstewert @ Today at 12:33 AM

I found good results with a Jiffy J-2000 steamer, and a curved pipe hose attachment, available from Jiffy (http://www.jiffysteamer.com/Accessories/viewdetails.asp?productId=504) Added in a variac for precise temp control, so neighboring glue joints
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts My visit to the Steinway Piano Gallery to assess pianos by shirlkirsten @ Today at 12:16 AM

Steinway and Sons is reaching out to the piano teaching community for feedback. (around the country) I sampled a Steinway B, a Boston grand, and Essex upright as these were the options for the evaluation. And then I filled out forms for each with var
Jump to new posts Re: quality digital piano by dbelmont2 @ Today at 12:05 AM

Hello All -- Thanks for the replies .. to be clear - I want to find a light digital piano with a very good piano sound to use at gigs instead of my Receptor ... I am looking for something that has the acoustic piano sound onboard ... Thanks
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

My tech finally came today! He spent about 8 hours here, some of it spent chatting and having lunch, but he probably spent several hours just working on voicing with me. He said that overall, Bo was about 25 cents flat (which indicates to him that
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Daniel Richter @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

Don't feel bad about that because I actually edit the first post after your post. Thanks for your info, BTW. I am currently unable to test these new DPs to review it, but before the end of this year I should and post the proper info. Sadly I didn't
Pianist Corner
As for that piano--you might be pleasantly surprised I know of one place with a really nice new Yamaha grand.
Ack! I went back to review the initial post and saw in very plain large letters "Superceded by the P-115". I have eyes but I cannot see.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Cinnamonbear P.S. Greet each person individually on your way out. Shake their hand, touch their shoulder, look them in the eye -- whatever you can do to make contact. Even if you don't get a response, what you do goes in and b
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My visit to the Steinway Piano Gallery to assess pianos
by shirlkirsten
08/02/15 12:16 AM
Famous pianists who were not child prodigies?
by deckard
08/01/15 10:53 PM
Tips for removing leather key bushings?
by machineintel
08/01/15 10:17 PM
Help choosing a digital baby grand
by Or Moyal
08/01/15 10:12 PM
Piece identification request....
by TwoSnowflakes
08/01/15 08:47 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,214 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,922 Topics
2,432,058 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission