Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
83 registered (Almaviva, Adypiano, AZNpiano, babybearyan, a-z0-9, 18 invisible), 932 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7-year-old on metronome practice by outo @ 4 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By wrOriginally Posted By outo Which makes me think...Maybe the idea of a consistent pulse is actually like the idea of beautiful tone. It's partly just an illusion that a skillful player creates to the listener even if the pulse ac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by casinitaly @ 5 minutes 35 seconds ago

Glad things are settling down - I really had trouble keeping up with this! I'd like to do the cycle 4 clip, but I'm going to be busy over the long weekend, can I make a suggestion: For those who are interested in trying it out on their own, could we
Piano Forum
Thanks Michael It's certainly a beautiful sounding piano. It's not so unusual to find a Blüthner in original condition that has managed to retain its beautiful tone. If the piano has been only lightly played and kept closed and covered, in good a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Jytte @ 10 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By jotur(Psst - Jytte - you're talking to yourself) Well, at least I'm answering, my piano isn't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by johan d @ 14 minutes 21 seconds ago

I think it has more to do with their fascination of old instruments. Than to create something new... And about the advertising, well, we all know how advertising works best.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ 19 minutes 41 seconds ago

I'll sort out a new thread....
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by joe80 @ 20 minutes 21 seconds ago

Yes, I think the problem here is that not enough has changed. At the end of the day it's still a standard piano string being hit by a standard hammer over a standard soundboard inside a Steinway D rim and a cast iron frame. I think they need to exp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Nikolas @ 20 minutes 23 seconds ago

I'll admit that I'm having a hard time following what's going on after 15 pages and counting... :-/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7-year-old on metronome practice by wr @ 24 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By outo Which makes me think...Maybe the idea of a consistent pulse is actually like the idea of beautiful tone. It's partly just an illusion that a skillful player creates to the listener even if the pulse actually isn't that consi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ 26 minutes 8 seconds ago

Jytte, all the things you mention are on the 'things to do' - especially a dedicated sign-up thread.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ 29 minutes 15 seconds ago

- this is a 'take your time' cycle. I might have to slip into my smoking jacket, pour a dram... CYCLE 4 Composer - Polyphonist 1 - Valencia 2 - Jytte 3 - dire tonic 4 - 5 -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by jotur @ 29 minutes 31 seconds ago

(Psst - Jytte - you're talking to yourself)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Jytte @ 30 minutes 28 seconds ago

I assume that cycle 4 is a level similar to the previous ones? Might it be a good idea for either Nikolas or Polyphonist to offer a cycle with an 'entry level' piece, for the timid to start on?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by Almaviva @ 32 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By joe80Is anyone else going to say it or will I be the first? On the recording, the Barenboim piano doesn't sound all that different to a Steinway. I'm a latecomer to this thread. I just finished reading the articles and liste
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Jytte @ 32 minutes 58 seconds ago

I'll have to say, unless you follow this thread real close, AND have a good memory, it's hard to know if and when there's a spot open in a cycle.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Jytte @ 33 minutes 53 seconds ago

Meanwhile I'm hopping on cycle 4 (which I had to scroll madly around to find). CYCLE 4 Composer - Polyphonist 1 - Valencia 2 - Jytte 3 - 4 - 5 -
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7-year-old on metronome practice by outo @ 34 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By johan dOriginally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By AZNpiano But first you must acquire a deep and thorough understanding of rhythm, intellectually (mathematically) and physically. And don't be afraid to slow way, way down to c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Jytte @ 43 minutes 37 seconds ago

Morning no takers to cycle 3 yet? Well, we all need to sleep, so in the wee hours of the morning we're not likely to have a lot of traffic here. By now, the part of the world that isn't still asleep is at work, including me. Maybe later in the day
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ 47 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By GreenerThe idea is that you would only claim it, if you planned to work on it right away. Taking the time needed of course. It is not a race. However, it still needs to be claimed. At the moment of c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by Celdor @ 56 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By dmdIf you wish to take the classical music route ... I would strongly encourage you to check out ... http://www.fundamentalkeys.com I can think of nothing better for classical music. Thanks dmd, The method looks really good.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 1909 Blüthner Grand Piano, Presentation by Ute Neumerkel by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:06 AM

Hi Everyone, I very much enjoyed this and found it interesting. I know that Joe80 will appreciate it , and possibly, too, so will others who are here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpKXVkMWgBU
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7-year-old on metronome practice by johan d @ Today at 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By AZNpiano But first you must acquire a deep and thorough understanding of rhythm, intellectually (mathematically) and physically. And don't be afraid to slow way, way down to count. Yes! And I think thi
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
KlinkKlonk,what would you like to know exactly.My students asked a similar question to McCoy when he conducted masterclass in my Academy (group of only 10 students) . His answer was: "I know the same theory like all of you .. EVERYTHING WAS SHOW
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7-year-old on metronome practice by outo @ Today at 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpiano But first you must acquire a deep and thorough understanding of rhythm, intellectually (mathematically) and physically. And don't be afraid to slow way, way down to count. Yes! And I think this is what is often neglec
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By wimpianoLOL@Plowboy. To counter that: @Thrill Science, would you be willing to settle with a Steinway if you can have a Boesendorfer?? Hi Wimpiano, Some of us prefer the tremendous range of colour palette and effects - which ar
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1909 Blüthner Grand Piano, Presentation by Ute Neumerkel
by Michael Sayers
55 minutes 28 seconds ago
Javier Liebana Castillo's improvisations
by Michael Sayers
Today at 02:43 AM
Yamaha C2 from 2003
by RaindropPrelude
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
"Tone" and "balance"
by qazsedcft
Yesterday at 05:38 PM
Which Beethoven sonata has this rhythm?
by JoelW
Yesterday at 02:56 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,446 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,389 Topics
2,411,496 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission