Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
128 registered (AZ_Astro, AndrewJCW, Bellicapelli, 32 invisible), 1618 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Semi-decent stand for my ES7 by nodal @ 2 minutes 0 seconds ago

Here is another option. I use it for my ES8. It is very solid and reasonably priced. It gets very good reviews. I was a little concerned about it interfering with pedal access but it has not been a problem. http://www.amazon.com/Stage-KS7350-Heavy..
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different colours by Chris Leslie @ 14 minutes 53 seconds ago

I don't know. It was the second time I saw green hammers on a tuning so I took a picture.
Jump to new posts Re: Semi-decent stand for my ES7 by Finfan @ 26 minutes 14 seconds ago

Actually, even a double X stand would be an improvement over what you have. I found the single X design to be too flimsy when I upgraded my piano and the P105 isn't even that heavy.
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by prout @ 33 minutes 40 seconds ago

John, Can you explain what the numbers below (260, 170, 160, 122) mean? Are they amplitudes? "Measuring A440 Verituner + Samson (2nd partial/target): 260 Verituner + Apex 220 (2nd partial/target): 170 Tunelab + Samson (2nd partial/target): 1
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the piece starting at 7:18? by Ralph @ 37 minutes 6 seconds ago

I love this forum!
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by toddy @ 40 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresser I haven't tried any of the Yamaha monitors. But this surprises me a bit. Have you disconnected all inputs at the back of the monitors, turned up the volume, and checked the hiss/noise level? It's important to ha
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Laredo_5 @ 43 minutes 4 seconds ago

Went hands-on with the RD 800 and a few others at a local music shop earlier today. Predictably, it feels excellent and I'm sure I'd be very happy with it. I made the killer mistake, however, of trying out a piano well above my budget; the Nord Stage
Jump to new posts Re: External Speaker System by Finfan @ 48 minutes 16 seconds ago

Is this going to be for gigs or just home use? If it is just for home you might try a home stereo amp and speakers then run the piano output to the Auxiliary input of the amp. I do that with my computer so I think it will work with a piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT. . Just Wondering by peterws @ Today at 05:49 PM

John, I guess you beat me even if it is in the other direction. . .I got some contact lenses two years ago which arent much cop, but ok for reading. Sort of. I then guessed at the shortfall in dioptres for each lens and ordered an on line pair o sp
Adult Beginners Forum
6 February 2016 In the morning played a lot of Buxtehude.....among others Preludium Bux WV 163, original for organ but also beautiful on piano...... Buxtehude, Book 3 In the afternoon.......Haydn Sonatas....mmmmmm What did you play today?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by Rich Galassini @ Today at 05:46 PM

phantomFive, Maybe something like this?
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by Ralph @ Today at 05:42 PM

Amazing how life can make a full circle. I remember that movie very well, like I saw it yesterday. It is one of my all time favorites. Powers Boothe was great. I've often thought of that movie through the years and always felt haunted by that musi
Jump to new posts Re: External Speaker System by FrankDaddy @ Today at 05:38 PM

For less than a grand you can even get the StagePas 600i. It has a bigger woofer an d more power. Most times you can get this bundled with stands or from a online retailer offering coupons. I have a StagePas 600i with my Kawai MP7. It sounds gr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering Question by Ataru074 @ Today at 05:36 PM

As completely different alternative I would use the standard fingering for scales in sixths, so 5-2 to 4-1 in the first two. then switch to 5-2 on the D-F# and 1-4 for the C-A To me is easier to keep a light touch on a sharp # if you can use any othe
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Blog post on Paul Bley and Pierre Boulez by indigo_dave @ Today at 05:36 PM

Actually, I should mention some of the things the pianodao.com link above have. In case someone isn't curious enough to click. I'm listening to "All the Things..." as I type this. I love a good juxtaposition. I actually have a juxtaposit
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by johnlewisgrant @ Today at 05:35 PM

I should mention that the Apex and the Samson were calibrated BEFORE I ran the comparison test. So it appears that even when calibrated microphones of different design produce different readings of partial information. Why would that be the case?
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 with GF action. by Marcos Daniel @ Today at 05:34 PM

You are right, but I was trying yo understand why they move in opposed ways in each market. By the way Mason & Hamlin also use composite in their actions.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by phantomFive @ Today at 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By KurtZAs per the usual, I find myself swimming against the tide. This piano does nothing for me but the 190 is a dream piano of mine. I like streamline, moderne, metro type styling though it isn't often found on pianos. Ku
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 with GF action. by Frédéric L @ Today at 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By Marcos DanielI don't understand why Kawai uses wood in digital pianos and composite in grands... You seem to see a difference. From the photos I have seen both actions are similar* : a wooden key and the rest of the action in o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overcoming nerves by scgrant @ Today at 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By PamDDI'm still not sure what a teacher is supposed to teach, but that's for another discussion. There is another thread started by INBoston, I think, that addresses some of that issue. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea.
In my post five posts above, I made an error in the following sentence: "This necessarily entails approximation, by which the accuracy of the measurement is inversely proportional to the time-length of the sample." It should read "Th
Jump to new posts HELP - GEM RealPiano RP800 - PROBLEM by PocatelloAVS @ Today at 05:10 PM

I have an RP800 that has worked great since we got it, and it has recently stopped working. The power light comes on, but the display doesn't come on anymore. Has anyone experienced this same problem? I have an electronics and automotive backgro
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering Question by Tubbie0075 @ Today at 05:08 PM

Or you can keep the fingering 1-4 for F# and D in the second measure, then use 1-3 (or 2-3) to play A and C. To make it legato, keep your 4th finger down on the D, lift your 1st finger off the F#, then play A and C with 1-3 (or 2-3) and lift your 4t
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 with GF action. by Marcos Daniel @ Today at 05:07 PM

I don't understand why Kawai uses wood in digital pianos and composite in grands... Anyway I believe that some day, probably with the exception of the soundboard, pianos will be made of artificial materials.
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by Dave Horne @ Today at 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By FrankCox I have the volume here set to what I think is reasonable; anyone who doesn't like it is welcome to go to another theatre. When I'm playing a job I like to think that my sound level is reasonable. If a customer tells m
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
HELP - GEM RealPiano RP800 - PROBLEM
by PocatelloAVS
Today at 05:10 PM
Speaking of Estonia ...
by BruceD
Today at 02:15 PM
What is the piece starting at 7:18?
by pianoloverus
Today at 01:41 PM
Really? Just a short story about a beginner
by missbelle
Today at 01:26 PM
Summers & Son spinet piano question
by TeeBach
Today at 12:38 PM
Forum Stats
82,498 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,312 Topics
2,492,859 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission