Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
108 registered (albynism, alfredo capurso, A Guy, ando, 29 invisible), 1150 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rach 2 mvt 1 by computerpro3 @ 16 minutes 49 seconds ago

I think that if you want to play it at a quick tempo it is best to begin with the left hand as written instead of the right. I just went and played around with it and I think it is much more difficult to do it with the right hand. What helps me kee
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by jtsn @ 18 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo RoblesOne question, would there be a difference in quality if I were to purchase a Behringer UCA202 versus a Focusrite 2i2 or a Steinberg UR22 if all I want to do is to have as little latency as possible when playing V
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a used Grand. To Pass or buy? by Retsacnal @ 22 minutes 53 seconds ago

Yeah, if you're going to spend 20k, get it checked out by a technician. Depending on where you live, an inspection is about 150 (+/-). A technician can tell you about those things, and also look for hidden stuff that you can't even imagine. You want
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Chords by johan d @ 26 minutes 54 seconds ago

Hello, Anyone know of a (free) good "chords" book available that covers everything to learn about chords, inversions, etc likewise for Scales and Apreggio's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a used Grand. To Pass or buy? by BDB @ 29 minutes 32 seconds ago

If you have a piano for your daughter already, you should have a technician who maintains it. Have that person evaluate the piano for you. If you do not have a technician, possibly because you have an electronic instrument, you should still find a t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Refinish an Ancient Ornate Steinway or Not? by BDB @ 32 minutes 7 seconds ago

If you want to refinish a piano, I suggest you start with a more ordinary piano first. It is a much bigger job that finishing a guitar. You might even start with some other pieces of furniture. People do not start learning to play the piano by playi
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by ItalianSnow @ 32 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: loginOriginally Posted By: ItalianSnowOriginally Posted By: login100-150 is very cheap for a quality audio interface, all the decent ones are in that price range. Almost any other solution will require an upgrade later (those cr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Buying a used Grand. To Pass or buy? by Haydn 20 @ 33 minutes 47 seconds ago

Im looking at a 1990 used Steinway grand piano for my 15 yr old daughters birthday. She is curruntly playing at level 7 Want to know if I should pass on this or Keep it. Basically, Im looking at a 1990 Steinway model L. For around 20K. It has some r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dangerous Move Yami CFX by BDB @ 38 minutes 16 seconds ago

Protecting the finish is an important part of piano moving.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by rXd @ 41 minutes 37 seconds ago

The unison is a most important aspect of tuning. I can't understand relegating all of them to a position of almost an afterthought, one last chore to be completed long after the clean breezes of freshness have departed and immediately before leaving
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by Kawai James @ 50 minutes 20 seconds ago

lolatu, many thanks for your detailed response. You make a number of observations - some I agree with, others less so. However, I respect your opinion, and will certainly pass-on this useful feedback to the development team. Regarding my signature,
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need advice on everything please! by rose49 @ 57 minutes 10 seconds ago

Hi everyone, Wow! Thank you all so much for such great comments! Thanks, Laguna Greg, for all those helpful tips and thank you, bennevis, for that encouragement! hreichgott and AZNpiano, what is the best way to proceed if I can't get a lot of time
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dangerous Move Yami CFX by Grandman @ 57 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyOriginally Posted By: dynamobtThey set the long side down on the edge of the stairs MANY times. Not very good IMHO!!! It may come as a surprise to some but a grand is meant to be moved on its side. The case had plastic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Bogányi piano with carbon-fibre soundboard by CJM @ 59 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveHow does it compare to Steingraeber? I take it that you mean the Phoenix rather than the 'standard' Steingraber? Obviously we haven't tested every piano on the market but the Phoenixes we have looked at still don't co
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dangerous Move Yami CFX by albynism @ Today at 01:05 AM

I used the same company, they're based in Sydney, not sure if it was the same two guys, but the piano got chipped on the side. emailed the company and they didn't respond. It was only a Yamaha G2 but I won't use them again.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Un Sospiro Fingering by Michael Sayers @ Today at 12:56 AM

Hi Tony, It isn't only about if it works in tempo, but also about bringing out the initial C in the bass line with sufficient arm weight/momentum abruptly after the A-flat which precedes it. The measure can be made to sound as though three hands ar
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by EM Deeka @ Today at 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Dennis in Canada.... I have been playing piano for approx 15 years, though much of my progress has really been in the last six years since having a professional piano teacher. ... Are you saying that your 7 weeks of free le
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof IV 172cm 1985 by RAY930 @ Today at 12:49 AM

[quote=leece]Thanks SoundThumb. Maybe it is just variability? The touch on this one is not light. It's not heavy either. Must be perfect! ...and lucky you! L You can always contact Petrof with the serial number of the grand, and they will send you
Pianist Corner
Then there is this one by Rossini:
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by kpembrook @ Today at 12:38 AM

What were you using to measure the frequencies? Not, I hope, an ETD . . .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Silly question about Italian pizza songs by argerichfan @ Today at 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: currawongYour second one is funiculi funicula Great tune, memories of the golden tones from the great Pavarotti. Well who else could sing it so splendidly? It fits his voice like a glove. And I suppose it's worth pointing
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Silly question about Italian pizza songs by JoelW @ Today at 12:05 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by lolatu @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Brahms88Charles, that's a good recommendation. The FP-80 is excellent, my primary issue is that it doesn't use the new PHA-IV keyboard (new for 2013-14). It's been discussed ad nauseam earlier in this thread, but to re-iterate,
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on piano Kawai - Cn-35 or Ca-15 by JulianinJP @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

I was wondering as well which one to buy. From the keyaction point of view the CA-15 feels better but the USB-option is missing. When I went to a store (in Japan) a couple of days ago, I was told that the (new)CA-17 is coming out next month. I was re
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Silly question about Italian pizza songs by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

I'm not 100% sure about this, BUT Tarantella is an Italian dance (of that I'm sure), that got it's name from the spider Tarantula. The Italians would be bitten by the spider and then the advice was to dance off the venom, and they'd go into this wil
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chords
by johan d
01/28/15 01:40 AM
Buying a used Grand. To Pass or buy?
by Haydn 20
01/28/15 01:33 AM
Happy birthday, Mozart!
by Dwscamel
01/27/15 11:19 PM
Silly question about Italian pizza songs
by JoelW
01/27/15 09:01 PM
Travel Keyboard
by Kai C
01/27/15 08:50 PM
Forum Stats
77890 Members
42 Forums
160974 Topics
2364872 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission