Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
98 registered (Anne'sson, beet31425, bhmpower, Almaviva, Beethoven17th, 27 invisible), 1291 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by bill5 @ 5 minutes 32 seconds ago

I think the diff's between various DPs' sound, as well as the diff between them and a "real" piano, has continued to shrink where they are smaller than many would care to admit, frankly. The least of my worries is hearing one years from no
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers who refuse to take "beginner" adults by Stubbie @ 14 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Opus Maximus....The problem with some adults (which may explain the discouragement of those teachers you spoke with), typically is that, as others have mentioned, they have no real idea of what it takes to learn the piano..... H
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used) by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 17 minutes 25 seconds ago

I responded to this post on the Piano forum.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used) by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 19 minutes 30 seconds ago

It would be most important to engage the services of a piano technician you trust to inspect the piano. Portland is a very benign climate for piano longevity. You will want to verify the age by the serial number. A well preserved Model A in satin eb
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: K3 or U1 by terminaldegree @ 20 minutes 30 seconds ago

As long as the dealer an authorized one (for purposes of warranty coverage), there shouldn't be any issues, no. If you're concerned, compare the performance of this piano against the newer version K300 in the same store.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: K3 or U1 by yulinxp @ 24 minutes 2 seconds ago

Maybe I need to update the subject for this post. I don't want the comparison between U1 vs K3. I'd like to know if there could be any issue for K3 after it has been sitting in dealer's for 2-3 years. Maybe it is fine.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Am I being "bad" by not memorizing pieces? by Anne'sson @ 31 minutes 49 seconds ago

Louis, thanks for the link to the NYT article--it's a really well-articulated essay.
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by 8 Octaves @ 33 minutes 45 seconds ago

The lifespan of this thread seems to be more than 5 years. I don't know of any studies, but I bought my Yamaha CLP-550 in 1990 brand new (I think I paid something like $4,500). I quit piano about a year in because I didn't have a teacher and failed
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by bill5 @ 40 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By MacMacMacBill, you're wasting your time. ChrisA hasn't been around here for several years. ? Thx but really I could give a rat's behind. I'm just interested in the topic in general. Originally Posted By fizikisto the idea tha
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by fizikisto @ 47 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By MacMacMacBill, you're wasting your time. ChrisA hasn't been around here for several years.Originally Posted By bill5Originally Posted By ChrisA... look at what they call a "bath tub curve". This is a graph of probabilit
Jump to new posts Re: CUBASE by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 10:42 PM

Jerry, You don't run Pianoteq (stand alone software) and Cubase at the same time. That's why you are getting the error. The ASIO driver isn't available because Cubase is using it. Cubase is a VST host. You open the Pianoteq plugin within Cubase
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by MacMacMac @ Today at 10:35 PM

Bill, you're wasting your time. ChrisA hasn't been around here for several years.Originally Posted By bill5Originally Posted By ChrisA... look at what they call a "bath tub curve". This is a graph of probability of fail vs. time. Like a bat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi im NEW by dmd @ Today at 10:26 PM

I would say ... go ahead and do what you are planning. AND ... start saving your money regularly (a little at a time) until you have at least 500 dollars and then get yourself a nice instrument which will allow you to enjoy your playing much more.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi im NEW by earlofmar @ Today at 10:24 PM

hi DigitalC and welcome to the forum, Everyone is different so there is no real way to answer "when will I be able to play such and such a piece". However although the journey can be tough at times there is no reason why you cannot learn
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used) by Tickle88ivory @ Today at 10:19 PM

I'm on the search for a grand piano in the 10K range and am in the process of narrowing my local options. So here's a question for everyone out there: What would the expected lifespan be for a 1952 Mason & Hamlin 5'8" grand that has not bee
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers who refuse to take "beginner" adults by Opus_Maximus @ Today at 10:06 PM

Sorry to hear of your discouraging experience, Smiley. Sadly, many piano teachers are indeed close-minded and discouraging. Keep searching though, it's a big world out there. I recommend you seek out a university or conservatory student - somebody yo
Piano Teachers Forum
I agree with the thought up thread about staying away from Guild and MTNA lists. I've had the best luck and the most flexibility (as an adult beginner) by working mostly with degreed freelancers. I've been able to start and stop as I needed or wante
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I want to publish a thank you. Please check. by Gene Nelson @ Today at 10:02 PM

Looking forward to reading it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi im NEW by DigitalC @ Today at 09:59 PM

i forget.... my lesson are a hack learn and master piano dvds and cds (no money to play lessons and youtube is to much and not than organize and in i was thinking start next week with piano marvel... any thougs?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a place to practice piano in Washington DC by Tickle88ivory @ Today at 09:51 PM

Yeah definitely call Levine. I used to teach there and they could probably offer something if you have flexibility on the time- Saturdays are really busy from about 9am-4pm (and they have a number of nice instruments...) Some of the churches also h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Hi im NEW by DigitalC @ Today at 09:42 PM

hello guys this is my first post and i want to say thank you for acept my request to this forum..... im 36 and i just feel the need to do something always want ...play a instrument so i bought a old second hand crapy keyboard piano casio ctk 496 for
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed by Markarian @ Today at 09:28 PM

As far as I understand it, running a radiator 18" from an acoustic piano is nothing short of a recipe for disaster.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Check out this keyboard! by iLaw @ Today at 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By 88Key_PianoPlayer I would like a Steinbuhler version of that one. Seriously. If anybody could build one of these and fit it to a modern grand, it would be David Steinbuhler. I'd give a lot to spend a month or so with that keybo
The apps are not available in Thailand store.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Check out this keyboard! by Charles Timbrell @ Today at 09:05 PM

Greetings AJF, I am doing research on the Clutsam keyboard (and earlier curved keyboards). Can you tell me where in Poland you found this Ibach? Many thanks!
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used)
by Tickle88ivory
Today at 10:19 PM
Hi im NEW
by DigitalC
Today at 09:42 PM
I want to publish a thank you. Please check.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
Today at 08:55 PM
new Yamaha P-105, headphones don't turn off speakers
by carojm36
Today at 07:28 PM
Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used)
by Tickle88ivory
Today at 06:57 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,941 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,317 Topics
2,397,167 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission