Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do pianists care? by toyboy @ 34 seconds ago

ed you won't have to worry about me exasperating you. i just realized i probably can't afford you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by Riddler @ 3 minutes 16 seconds ago

47. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Sonata No. 17 in D minor, Op. 31, No. 2, 3rd mvmt Paul, that was spectacular! What a stupendous accomplishment! You are the envy of us all. If there were any train wrecks in there, you hid them well. I really enj
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer by Carbonblob @ 4 minutes 32 seconds ago

Ahh.......I get it now. She was pronouncing the rest of the name differently too but when I use your pronunciation it now sounds identical to hers. Thanks bennevis!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MY NEW PIANO by Carbonblob @ 7 minutes 15 seconds ago

Javier, Congrats. I watched your videos. Well done, very nice touch and the tone is awesome. It's like you picked perfect pieces to show off the piano's abilities. I bought my first acoustic piano about 17 months ago (Kawai) and I'm as thrilled toda
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CA95 and HP-508 by KlaverZD @ 11 minutes 10 seconds ago

Either that or over the Internet. The problem is, I don't find myself qualified enough to know what will be better, as I am not a very experienced piano player. This is where I need inspiration. For instance, a lot of people call the CA95 action bett
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer by bennevis @ 15 minutes 45 seconds ago

ö is often written as 'oe', as in Schönberg = Schoenberg. That gives you some idea of how to pronounce it in English. Similarly, ü can be anglicized to 'ue' (Blüthner). Though Boesendorfer looks somewhat odd, as does Bluethner..... (Fuer Elise, any
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do pianists care? by Kreisler @ 18 minutes 12 seconds ago

I think the problems are largely logistical: If you're a performer, then you likely play on a lot of different instruments and don't have any say in how they're tuned. And there's not much use in getting accustomed to a certain temperament when you'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer by Carbonblob @ 22 minutes 21 seconds ago

question ya'll, is it pronounced "booze" or "Bose", as in Bose speakers? I watched a clip on Cunningham Piano's website and she's pronouncing it as "booze" but the narrator is German (I guess). I don't speak German so h
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Use Audacity to SEE, HEAR, and MEASURE beats. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 29 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: A443Mark Cerisano, RPT, your mistake was in titling: the "see" and "measure" part is confusing people. Yes that is possible, and yes that is awesome too, but the exciting part for pedagogy is the hearing part
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new Grand Piano; SoCal Area by Glenn Treibitz @ 31 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JonathanNVMy two cents: (1) I bought a new Estonia L168 this past March. It is a marvelous piano, mechanically delightful to play and wonderfully sounding. (2) I purchased this piano from Benjamin Kim of Kim's Pianos. His pri
Jump to new posts Re: Use Audacity to SEE, HEAR, and MEASURE beats. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 36 minutes 38 seconds ago

Rafael, we obviously misunderstand each other. I have been teaching for 10 years and I've taught over 200 students. I have already run through your hypothesis of teaching tuning that you write about and applied it in practice, and found its defects.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Here's a Paranoid Question: by Steve Cohen @ 38 minutes 14 seconds ago

The overwhelming number of reputable dealer wouldn't mind 50% deposit wit the other half paid COD.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FLAT-STRUNG PIANOS by ando @ 43 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Karl WatsonMichael: Very kind of you, but NO, I don't like the examples at all. The irony about all of this is that the recorded example I like best is the one by James Bonn, and I'm convinced that the piano is a CROSS-STRUNG
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do pianists care? by RealPlayer @ 47 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ed FooteThe change of temperament is a change to the sensual nature of the intervals, and trying to make something meaningful out of it with only words is doomed. Its effect on music written with a harmonic palette in mind is t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts YAMAHA SILENT PIANO HQ 300 SX - Information please! by ernani @ 49 minutes 3 seconds ago

I have an opportunity to buy a YAMAHA SILENT PIANO HQ 300 for my son. He is 11 and ready for an upgrade to a decent piano. When looking for a Yamaha U3, I came across this model for sale. It looks like a U3 with the SX Silent Piano system and a Diskl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FLAT-STRUNG PIANOS by BDB @ 51 minutes 45 seconds ago

The pianos may represent Beethoven's reality, rather than his intentions. Reality often falls short.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CA95 and HP-508 by Morodiene @ Today at 10:38 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with either, and in the end, it has to be YOUR decision and not some stranger on the Internet who decides for you. Make a list of the features and things you like about each one side by side. The one with the most wins
Del, do you recall the purpose of the "rib-like" strip of spruce atop the SD10 soundboard? I have forgotten.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: on revisiting Chopin Etudes by trigalg693 @ Today at 10:24 AM

In my current state of technique, I think 25/6 probably does take 20x the time almost any other etude takes (the exceptions being 10/1,10/2, I spent a solid 6 months on 10/1, and 10/2 is insanely hard as well and I don't want to learn it right now, 2
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts MY NEW KAWAI GM-12 by Jvmvidela @ Today at 10:13 AM

Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: DamonOriginally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: DamonIt's not surprising that Horowitz couldn't play it. I don't understand Damon sometimes. You just aren't trying. "It's been scie
Jump to new posts Re: Are you must always make A4= 440? by Robert Scott @ Today at 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: MaximillyanHere tells that 432 even good for our health: http://attunedvibrations.com/ Rachmaninov sounds divinely 432. Is that so? http://youtu.be/TpqL_zDOrkY This is all scientific rubbish. The site claims that 432 a
Piano Forum
The Tech that came to tune it was very impressed with mine as well. This is a guy that tunes the top pianos in the country.. Which includes two Bluthners a few Bosies, and countless yamahas. Apparently there is a Bosie in the City Capital so I migh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Here's a Paranoid Question: by joe80 @ Today at 10:00 AM

It's pretty much impossible to know if the piano is stolen unless the police keep an inventory of stolen piano serial numbers for you to cross check, which isn't likely. Paul, sometimes you can buy the piano on Hire Purchase, or sometimes the store
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: on revisiting Chopin Etudes by Lingyis @ Today at 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By: SiFiOriginally Posted By: beet31425Lingyis, The "musicality" and the "technique" should be thought of very related, possibly even the same thing. The surest path to technical mastery is thinking about musica
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
116 registered (36251, ando, aesop, beet31425, 33 invisible), 1620 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75920 Members
42 Forums
156886 Topics
2305193 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
YAMAHA SILENT PIANO HQ 300 SX - Information please!
by ernani
47 minutes 29 seconds ago
CA95 and HP-508
by Alpiano
Today at 09:47 AM
Help - kawai rx2-c conservatory limited edition
by KungPaoPanda
Today at 08:53 AM
What kind of fingering should I be using for these phrases?
by Jormungandr
Today at 03:04 AM
Mason & Hamlin BB Long distance purchase – a few questions
by bigun
Today at 02:26 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission