Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
98 registered (AndyP, Anita Potter, Anne'sson, anamnesis, angga888, accordeur, 27 invisible), 1488 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by Damon @ 3 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: Louis PodestaThank you all very much for "taking the bait." It will be referenced in my BBC News story. There wasn't no bait, and I have a feeling there won't be no BBC story. Double neg
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Going from ETD to aural - only octaves, only bass by Paul678 @ 5 minutes 34 seconds ago

Well, let's face it folks. We are ALL standing on the shoulders of Giants! And as they always say: It's ALL been done before. I personally don't care who invented what. I just want to know if CM3rds will be the easiest way for me to learn how to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: You Usually Get what you Pay for in this World....... by Paul678 @ 14 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Norbert 10, 20 years ago perhaps. Today you can easily get better - "much better". Of course you will have to know 'where to look'... Notwithstanding some fairly incredible auctions... What do you mean, "M
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Just joined by wise_manzard @ 17 minutes 49 seconds ago

I wanted to introduce myself and get to know some regulars on here. I recently enrolled my son into private piano lessons and found myself drifting over into it. I'm 25 years old and have some basic music experience having played classical guitar for
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by Mark_C @ 17 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Louis PodestaThank you all very much for "taking the bait." It will be referenced in my BBC News story. There wasn't no bait, and I have a feeling there won't be no BBC story.
Jump to new posts Re: Going from ETD to aural - only octaves, only bass by Chris Leslie @ 19 minutes 18 seconds ago

Thanks Bill. I just did a quick read about him. Funny thing, it looks like he and Kirnberger had a rivalry. Looks like nothing has changed much!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov Sonatas - 1 vs 2? by Polyphonist @ 33 minutes 44 seconds ago

It seems Jason is unable to keep the snarky attitude (about Rachmaninoff) out of his posts. I will let other members judge for themselves what this demonstrates about the validity of his opinions.
Jump to new posts Re: Going from ETD to aural - only octaves, only bass by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 36 minutes 13 seconds ago

The use of Contiguous Major Thirds (CM3) goes back to Friedrich Wilhelm Marpurg (21 November 1718 22 May 1795). Marpurg, however though they would be equal beating. It is also possible however that earlier Greeks such as Pythagoras and the ancien
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: my struggle to learn pop piano by Oongawa @ 43 minutes 53 seconds ago

My thought is that people might think thay classical is more difficult is that those who play classical usually learn it by reading music. For those who do not read music, sheet music - especially at intermediate level or above, looks very difficult
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: my struggle to learn pop piano by Oongawa @ 44 minutes 17 seconds ago

My thought is that people might think thay classical is more difficult is that those who play classical usually learn it by reading music. For those who do not read music, sheet music - especially at intermediate level or above, looks very difficult
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway legs? by S. Phillips @ 46 minutes 29 seconds ago

In the past several years Steinway has made a reproduction of that piano. The called it the William Steinway Edition. That leg is referred to as the scroll leg. They might be able to supply them to you. You should call them at the factory and see
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: You Usually Get what you Pay for in this World....... by Norbert @ 47 minutes 29 seconds ago

Quote:But other than that, you pretty much get what you pay for in the piano world! 10, 20 years ago perhaps. Today you can easily get better - "much better". Of course you will have to know 'where to look'... Notwithstanding some fairl
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway legs? by Larry Buck @ 47 minutes 36 seconds ago

Call Frankie(Carlos Macancela) at Cantabile Piano Arts, Yonkers
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Compare Steinway, Estonia & Shigeru Kawai by Nxwang @ 48 minutes 30 seconds ago

Thanks a lot to everyone. I have checked those website. And we are going to other piano store tomorrow. I will let my son try more. He prefer Shigeru at this time. But I don't know will he change his mind again. 😉
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by McBuster @ 48 minutes 36 seconds ago

James :-) I really love my Kawais. A 63 93 and now my 95. You folks are on the right track. And I like taking lessons on it and playing it. But That Note, has got to go. :-) Why is it then, wherever I put it, in the middle of the small room
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1875 legs and lyre where to get? by Bob Newbie @ 51 minutes 18 seconds ago

that's my thoughts exactly, if you have a sample leg or if you only need a single leg, let them make all the legs, so that they match not only species of wood but turnings detail and sharpness of the carvings, an older leg the detail is somewhat worn
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov Sonatas - 1 vs 2? by Pogorelich. @ Today at 09:28 PM

Well then we can agree to disagree! And of course I'd never unfriend you
Jump to new posts LACHNIT MK22 by Vas @ Today at 09:27 PM

Hello, Has anyone heard of or is using the LACHNIT MK22 http://www.flkeys.at/Products.html very expensive. Is it worth it?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you play the piano 'for relaxation'? by bennevis @ Today at 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: OongawaIt sounds like rather then 'tickling the ivories' maybe you could say that you 'pound them into submission'? You're right. I will henceforth use that term, rather than tickling ivories . My ingrained propensity for u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Love Single Note Melody Solo Piano Playing by bennevis @ Today at 09:02 PM

There is a lot of classical music where the melody is played as single notes but the hand playing the melody also has to play part of the accompaniment. The accompaniment figuration cannot be redistributed without making things very awkward for LH, a
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 Rumours? by fizikisto @ Today at 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai James For single photocopied sheets, perhaps you can buy a piece of artboard, cut to size, and place it on the music rest? Adapt-a-stand might also work, though I've not tried one myself.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by Kawai James @ Today at 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: McBusterAs part of the ongoing process of elimination, yes, the Dealer's piano was against the wall and I moved mine to be the same. Same settings. Still a problem at home. With the greatest respect McBuster, a room consist
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by MacMacMac @ Today at 08:35 PM

Darn it! You guys are giving me GAS! (Or is that just the Thanksgiving feast?)
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by McBuster @ Today at 08:32 PM

As part of the ongoing process of elimination, yes, the Dealer's piano was against the wall and I moved mine to be the same. Same settings. Still a problem at home.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you play the piano 'for relaxation'? by Oongawa @ Today at 08:30 PM

It sounds like rather then 'tickling the ivories' maybe you could say that you 'pound them into submission'?
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >
What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Just joined
by wise_manzard
11/27/14 10:20 PM
LACHNIT MK22
by Vas
11/27/14 09:27 PM
You Usually Get what you Pay for in this World.......
by Paul678
11/27/14 08:22 PM
Steinway legs?
by Klavimaniac
11/27/14 06:58 PM
1875 legs and lyre where to get?
by Klavimaniac
11/27/14 06:02 PM
Forum Stats
77071 Members
42 Forums
159409 Topics
2341655 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission