Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
93 registered (ando, Beakybird, BeeceUK, augustm, 24 invisible), 1631 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Just tested a Kawai CA-97... have some questions/issues by travis524 @ 9 minutes 39 seconds ago

That's interesting. My current keyboard is a Yamaha, about 10 years old. So maybe my ears are just used to the "bright" sounding piano. The one thing I didn't mess with was the wall EQ (forgot about it). Everything seemed to be on the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by malkin @ 9 minutes 50 seconds ago

Are you further north than you were last year? This time of year, I put up lots of lights and light things on fire.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet Another Yamaha U1 vs U3 Thread by cphollis @ 20 minutes 2 seconds ago

You'll be fine. Go buy yourself a piano!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid Pianos - any advice? by ThaiBlue @ 29 minutes 45 seconds ago

I love the Casio GP500. I have an acoustic as well but now spend most of my time on the Casio.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Importing antique pianos from abroad with ivories by Just Steven @ 34 minutes 51 seconds ago

Get an experienced lawyer who can mow down the custom officers. So many custom officers can't read well. Their brain melted after reading a paragraph in the regulation. What they know is what they hear from others who have half cooked understanding.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Survey for a School Project by prout @ 54 minutes 46 seconds ago

It occurs to me that maybe pianists are the wrong people to be asking about the sound of a piano. Based on thousands of posts on the various forums here over the years that I have read I observe the following: They think that sound is important to
Piano Forum
Thank you, I will get back to you with the required details.
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe, Theatre, & Reed
Jump to new posts Should I buy this Hammond organ clone? by sinophilia @ Today at 09:17 AM

Hi, I just stumbled into a beautiful electric organ at a flea market, it's a Farfisa R250 (Italian maker). They are asking €160 for it, but I found the same model online, apparently in even better conditions, for €50 - the guy claims he is sellin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid Pianos - any advice? by wouter79 @ Today at 09:08 AM

Did you try them already alongside a decent acoustic piano? Espeecially since you already have an acoustic?
Jump to new posts Re: Importing antique pianos from abroad with ivories by Patrick Draine @ Today at 08:55 AM

The exporter is smart to insist on removing the ivory -- they don't want any blowback when the piano is stuck in a US Customs warehouse and you're unhappy. As Frank wrote, use a good import agent if you're intent on doing this. Even if you think your
Thanks,BDB -- sorry for my ignorance -- I saw "diode" and "solenoids," and my eyes glazed over --
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Fall-board Applique by Bob @ Today at 08:54 AM

Call Kimball Internationl in Jasper indiana 800.482.1818 Or try Decals Unlimited 651-429-4465
Jump to new posts Re: How to fix fallen string bar by Bob @ Today at 08:49 AM

Nice pictures on the third link. There are indications of moisture damage in several areas. Rust seems to be on plain wire strings and damper spoons. There are moisture stains on the bridge and soundboard. Some of the felts look too new for a 193
Piano Forum
Hi Miguel, I don't want to be misunderstood. My suggestion to ignore concert grand pianos when forming opinions of a brand (unless one is particularly looking for a concert grand) is a general one. Excluding concert grands, manufacturers are after
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, so I've been thinking about Max's cardboard fix by Maximillyan @ Today at 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By Herr WeissThank you Max!! I will try your method as soon as I buy some new strings. Do you have any information on the Brazilian Tech? Dear Herr Weiss. It would be desirable to have a high-quality translation into Portugues
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Hybrid Pianos - any advice? by caseous @ Today at 08:40 AM

Hi there. I have a Yamaha U3 that I've played for years and thinking about getting another piano for my studio. I feel comfortable with my understanding of what's out there with digital pianos, but hybrid pianos are new thing for me. I tried the Y
Jump to new posts Kimball Fall-board Applique by TimeDoc @ Today at 08:28 AM

I recently acquired a Kimball Viennese Classic grand. Everything is great about it with the exception of the fall-board decal. It's not really a decal, but an applied brass like emblem. It appears the glue let loose and it was lost or discarded at so
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tune an autoharp? by Bob @ Today at 08:24 AM

Any decent Chromatic tuner will do. The biggest issue we had were loose tuning pins, and a couple of models had a weak string anchor system that would move during raising pitch. The other possible issue could be missing felts on the chord bars, whi
Member Recordings
[NEW] Crainer - SSUNDEE DISS TRACK 2.0 (Piano Cover + Tutorial) Any Crainer and Ssundee fans out there? Trollcraft? Enjoy my piano cover on Crainer - SSUNDEE DISS TRACK 2.0 Piano Cover https://youtu.be/bp0XpvsP97E Piano Tutorial https://yo
Member Recordings
[NEW] Steven Universe - I Could Never Be Ready (Piano Cover + Piano Tutorial) Steven Universe enthusiasts Here is my piano cover on the new song called "I Could Never Be Ready" showcasing baby Steven and le father. Piano Cover https://y
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about the physical by R_B @ Today at 08:11 AM

I think the "as if you are holding a bubble" is apt and an improvement over the "holding an orange". Oranges have weight, bubbles not so much - and they are fragile. The hands shouldn't be "GRASPING", they should be held
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet Another Yamaha U1 vs U3 Thread by lophiomys @ Today at 08:07 AM

If you are close to a final decision, you could ask/pay an independent piano technician to join you at the shop and give you his advice right there. That should not cost too much and give some peace of mind.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano adventures: level decision by pianist_lady @ Today at 07:39 AM

Hi there, I have two students who just reached the end of MFPA book B-- one is continuing on to book C as the reading is not quite fluent yet, but the other is progressing well and is ready to move more quickly. This student is going to do Unit 7 to
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by JoBert @ Today at 07:32 AM

Originally Posted By BellicapelliNothing, my fault: i read superficially and thought the post was about the original touch sensitivity / sample behaviour. Sorry. Any news aboit this matter? Ah, I see. No, I have no news about the velocity issue
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Q - Composing / Improvising - Steps by dmd @ Today at 07:20 AM

You may wish to search the internet for "composing music on the piano" and see what jumps up. I just did and this jumped up ... https://www.artofcomposing.com/how-to-compose-music-101 Good Luck
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
What's Hot!!
Our Latest Free Newsletter!
-------------------
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hybrid Pianos - any advice?
by caseous
12/04/16 08:40 AM
Kimball Fall-board Applique
by TimeDoc
12/04/16 08:28 AM
End of the recording road..
by Chris Warren
12/04/16 06:38 AM
Bulgaria 2017
by PhilipInChina
12/04/16 04:03 AM
Sheet music commission?
by Varun916
12/04/16 02:00 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,758 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,785 Topics
2,576,114 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission