Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
147 registered (accordeur, A Guy, 36251, 41 invisible), 1767 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KG 2S or older but rebuilt Knabe? by bleak @ 10 minutes 37 seconds ago

I wouldn't rule out the Baldwin either.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai's, Virtual Technician and "piano rumble" by dewster @ 16 minutes 30 seconds ago

I like the sound of piano, not sure I'd change that. But I would like to see more basic ergonomic work done regarding the key actions, rather than the blind copying of existing AP weighting and quirks. Try to find something that most would agree is
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai's, Virtual Technician and "piano rumble" by sandalholme @ 17 minutes 13 seconds ago

IMHO no DP, whether through its native sounds or through sampled software pianos or software modelled pianos, provides the complexity of sound of an acoustic, which is indeed difficut to control. However, software pianos get closer than DP native so
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An una corda problem by phacke @ 20 minutes 41 seconds ago

Hello, MRC- Effectively, the voicing at different points along the lateral width of the hammer head are different. The points on the hammer head where groves typically develop, the default, un-shifted position, may lead to the brightest sound depend
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ 22 minutes 47 seconds ago

39. Silver Keys - Fur Elise - I think this is one of the famous piano pieces of all time; it is, for sure, one of Beethoven's most popular compositions. I'm sure that if you control a little better the pedal it will be a success at your teacher's rec
Jump to new posts Re: DP choice by peterws @ 29 minutes 2 seconds ago

ES7. Sounds good on default. Best playing action imo by far. Try these out for size. The low profile ones might not suit your feet (pedal distance too short) or your head, (music stand too small and too low) but some people here will have no real
Jump to new posts Re: DP choice by ElmerJFudd @ 35 minutes 3 seconds ago

Here is a recent thread in which the sub $1000 DPs have been discussed. In addition to your list, don't rule out the Casio PX150 or 350 - the 350 having a few more bells and whistles. Lately most people have gravitated toward either one of these
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Yuja Wang plays Scriabin by Ralph @ 43 minutes 55 seconds ago

I do like the dress though. Something tells Yuja isn't going to be getting married any time soon.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KG 2S or older but rebuilt Knabe? by CarlyB @ 50 minutes 40 seconds ago

Thank you, Robert! Some details I left out of the original post regarding the rebuild: the seller told me that this consignment piano is being sold by the heirs of the owner who did the rebuild and who died recently. The rebuild, he said, cost $12K b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by 8 Octaves @ Today at 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By SheyRachel says it may take around 4 years to complete this book in the info at the beginning of the book. So maybe books 2 and 3 are not required. That's for the old single book edition of FK. The new series, the 3 books will
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KG 2S or older but rebuilt Knabe? by Robert 45 @ Today at 03:45 PM

Welcome again to Piano World, Carly! In theory, the newer Kawai piano seems the better choice as it is a longer piano, and the age of the Knabe, despite its 2013 rebuild may count against it. However, until you play and see both pianos it is imposs
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Valencia @ Today at 03:44 PM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. The Schumann Recital will be March 15, 2015. Note: I have tried to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Baldwin Model R or Kawai KG 2S? by CarlyB @ Today at 03:42 PM

I'm trying to make a wise choice for the first piano I've ever purchased. My two boys (12 and 15) have been taking lessons for 4 years, doing well, practicing on a weighted keyboard. Teacher says it's time to get "the real thing." After I
Jump to new posts Re: N1 adding external speakers by Saskatuner @ Today at 03:41 PM

[/quote] I never found the GF to feel like any of the acoustics. The lightness, the empty feeling resistance and the unnatural bottoming out all put me off. I can understand those wanting longer more even keys and an action that's easier and more eff
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you protect your fingers/hands (or not)? by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuse I also don't shake hands. Not to protect my digits as much as to keep from getting colds and flu. Filthy custom. OT: It's not shaking hands that's the problem (you can't avoid
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new grand, room suggestions? by Almaviva @ Today at 03:28 PM

Here is a quote from the website of a local glass company. I am sure that Low-E glass is available in Canada as well. What is Low-E Glass? Low-emittance (Low-E) reflects UV rays from the sun. It has a clear metallic coating on the inside of the ou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Yuja Wang plays Scriabin by Polyphonist @ Today at 03:27 PM

Be ignorant or arrogant, but not both.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New Member..."new" piano! by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:21 PM

I use photobucket but I think there is a way to add photos here as well. I'm not sure how to do the latter.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new grand, room suggestions? by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:19 PM

Thanks for sharing the photo from above! It looks very satisfying and appears well set up to entertain company.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Yuja Wang plays Scriabin by phantomFive @ Today at 03:17 PM

It's not about the enthusiasm, enthusiasm is fine, it's about the lack of substance.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamps for grand piano (pics?) by Piano Practice @ Today at 03:16 PM

Thanks for the idea... I will try this Hopefully my pictures are good and clear. In my quest for a "perfect" piano lamp, I wanted something easy on the eyes, something that was considered small/low-profile and something easy on the pocke
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Yuja Wang plays Scriabin by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:14 PM

Hyper enthusiasms are not abnormal for the young. And sometimes this applies even when one's youth is in the past.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to do about dry skin? by ClsscLib @ Today at 03:14 PM

In winters my fingertips used to split open at the nails to the point where they would sometimes bleed. I've started using CeraVe moisturinzing cream on my hands at night before I go to sleep and usually again during the day. I haven't had the prob
Jump to new posts DP choice by emg @ Today at 03:11 PM

Firstly I apologise if a similar post appears. I have made a previous attempt today and my post seemed to disappear! Please could I seek advice about selecting a slimline DP? I last bought a DP in 2009, so am not up to date with what is available.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YDP-S51 or Roland F130R? by markalien @ Today at 03:10 PM

Anyone else with an opinion on these two pianos? I can't decide myself!
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baldwin Model R or Kawai KG 2S?
by CarlyB
02/28/15 03:42 PM
DP choice
by emg
02/28/15 03:11 PM
Riddarfjärden
by Michael Sayers
02/28/15 02:59 PM
Kawai KG 2S or older but rebuilt Knabe?
by CarlyB
02/28/15 02:38 PM
Bass strings on 52" upright?
by Vivanco
02/28/15 02:17 PM
Forum Stats
78,337 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,920 Topics
2,377,957 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission