Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts How Much Are Piano Lessons Usually by Korsario @ 5 minutes 21 seconds ago

I recently was able to purchase a piano, an instrument I've always loved and wanted to learn how to play and I'm looking for piano teachers but I don't know what to look for. Don't know how much the lessons usually cost or all that stuff. Do you guys
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A REALLY Indirect Blow Action by JohnSprung @ 6 minutes 49 seconds ago

There are no pedal linkages and Bb is the only black key that's included in the rig. With those long transfer lever sticks, repetition must be quite slow. The long pull-up wires make the thing reminiscent of a spinet action. But all in all, I'm no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: help with finger numbers in this piece... by BruceD @ 7 minutes 13 seconds ago

I would end measure 102 with 4, 3, then: measure 103 : 2, 3, 2, 1; 2, 3, 4, 1; 2, 3, 4, 1; 2, 3, 4, 3; measure 104 : 2, 1, 3, 2; 1, 2, 3, 2; 1, 2, 3, 2; 1, 2, 3, 2; measure 105 : 1, 2, 3, 2; 1, 2, 3, 2; 1, 4, 3, 2; 1, 2, 1, 2; measure 106 : 3 ....
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by Vid @ 13 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wildpig Not sure if it continously record. I think you do have to hit the record button before it starts recording unless they changed that in the latest ver. I do know a few software like FL studio continuously keep the last
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is most common size wire to break? by Dan Casdorph @ 21 minutes 21 seconds ago

I agree with 14 1/2 or 15.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by chernobieff @ 24 minutes 16 seconds ago

Hi Ed, After having done hundreds of actions, can you provide any data to back up what the better way means? It would be great to compare before and after measurements of Hammerwieght, downweight, upweight, and inertia. There are now software prog
Jump to new posts temperament setting in Casio PX-850 by Doritos Flavoured @ 28 minutes 25 seconds ago

hello, guys. Long time no see, huh? I occasionally come here to read useful adult beginner forum tips, but don't usually login. Anyway, loving my PX-850, but I can't seem to set it to different temperaments. I follow in the manual that you have t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A REALLY Indirect Blow Action by Minnesota Marty @ 36 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BruceDPerhaps it's a never published transcription of an scena from Rossini's Il Barbiere di Siviglia! Largo al factotum would have been perfect! Gillett missed a clever tie in. (With Bugs Bunny Conducting!)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A REALLY Indirect Blow Action by BruceD @ 40 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: chernobieffWould the piece happen to be called "A close Shave op. Gillette" I don't think so, but you might be right; I'm not sure. Perhaps it's a never published transcription of a scena from Rossini's Il Barbiere
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by Michael Sayers @ Today at 12:58 PM

It needed a little searching to find but it was worth it to present below what is definitely, and without any question whatsoever, the most difficult to perform music composition.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Refusing "Every Other" week lesson by KurtZ @ Today at 12:54 PM

Would you do it if they took non-prime time hours? I did every other week for a while because I can self-direct pretty easily. I took non prime time hours and it seemed to work for all involved. I don't think my teacher would ever have called me l
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will this Piano Room have good Acoustics? by flamenco88 @ Today at 12:42 PM

I have a friend who is interested in building a home for his very musical family so they would use it for practice and for small gatherings and recitals. I know that round rooms and square rooms are typically poor acoustically but is the alcove truly
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A REALLY Indirect Blow Action by chernobieff @ Today at 12:33 PM

Would the piece happen to be called "A close Shave op. Gillette"
Adult Beginners Forum
To me it sounds like you didn't spend enough time at the intermediate level. One important goal with intermediate students is building reading and note learning skill with longer pieces. Getting from a 16 or 32 bar minuet to full sonatina movements i
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by Hakki @ Today at 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: carey Actually - your performance should have won 1st place. BRAVO !! +1
(i just ask 150 and I will pay fees) and an iLok key is not necessarily required
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A REALLY Indirect Blow Action by Minnesota Marty @ Today at 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: iLawRenner did a study a few years ago that I think pretty conclusively proved that wooden-handled shavers still work better. Larry. R-O-T-F-L-M-A-O !!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: When interpretation varies greatly? by hreichgott @ Today at 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: 3times2the Suzuki recording was the holy grail. I can only speak about Suzuki piano, but in my experience imitating the recording is the goal only in the early years. That's to help get basics correct. Even then they're encour
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A REALLY Indirect Blow Action by bkw58 @ Today at 11:58 AM

Cool!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A REALLY Indirect Blow Action by Carbonblob @ Today at 11:52 AM

They almost have you thinking it's for real. It had me going for a moment. cool commercial........blob
... English not being my native language, and it would appear that Google does not translate properly ... PS: I confess a very disagreeable exchange of mails with Vi Labs, as well as my advanced age and my health deficiente does not help me either t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Refusing "Every Other" week lesson by Morodiene @ Today at 11:50 AM

I would be upfront with them on why you do not take every-other-week students and try to convince them of the merits of weekly. If your reasons for not taking them are purely business because they would take up a spot that can't be taken by someone
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by wildpig @ Today at 11:46 AM

I figure everyone has different opinion about sounds. At least in my case, and maybe also from a combination of personal taste as well as equipment, pianoteq sounds better than my px-120. so I have been using it and turning off my px-120 sound. Di
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by peterws @ Today at 11:45 AM

Trouble is you can`t! There`s so much on there just begs to be tweaked . . . and you can get back to default any tiome you like. It`s a wonderful toy which prevents us over practicing the piano and becoming good enough to swank about it . .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A REALLY Indirect Blow Action by iLaw @ Today at 11:39 AM

Renner did a study a few years ago that I think pretty conclusively proved that wooden-handled shavers still work better. Larry.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much Are Piano Lessons Usually
by Korsario
09/18/14 01:56 PM
temperament setting in Casio PX-850
by Doritos Flavoured
09/18/14 01:33 PM
VI Labs True Keys: From ilok to Hard Drive Activation
by imyself
09/18/14 10:46 AM
A REALLY Indirect Blow Action
by Steve Cohen
09/18/14 09:01 AM
Bone chilling ending to pieces
by lacrymosa85
09/18/14 08:44 AM
Who's Online
140 registered (accordeur, ajames, 3times2, 36251, 38 invisible), 1479 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76237 Members
42 Forums
157603 Topics
2314996 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission