Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 - Are You Booked?? by terminaldegree @ 26 seconds ago

Will be there, as an attendee. Usually, I stay off-site (way, way off-site) for cost reasons.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yep, if I notice a clear slanted tendency, it is not a problem even with una corda, as the hammer can follow the same slant and moves parallel. Never anymore chasing for a "perfect" horizontal level when that mean bending so much the w
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Wish You Were Here - by Pink Floyd - Performed by Chris Hueb by Arizona Sage @ 6 minutes 37 seconds ago

Agreed. Great job. Your left hand arpeggios make this song flow very well on the keys.
Jump to new posts Re: Octave Sizes by Hakki @ 7 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT 6:3+ and 4:2- Young's Is this a typo? You mean 6:3- and 4:2+ ? Or we have different nomenclatures. Let me make my understanding clear for you. Provided that A4 is fixed and A3 is FLATTENED in each step
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: First sonata by BruceD @ 15 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DameMyraBefore you move onto a sonata would you consider learning a sonatina first? A little longer than some of your aforementioned pieces with a little more complexity. Clementi and Kuhlau are standard for most pianists before
Piano Teachers Forum
Morodiene, you are absolutely right! I was there many years ago, and I am ashamed in front of my former students , when I remember ! But never again! I use every free moment while working with student on voicings or phrases of improvisation to
Adult Beginners Forum
I totally agree, and that is how I felt when I used the grades for my other instrument. Do you always memorize your pieces and do you find this difficult? I've never memorized my music and I don't even know how to go about it. I am with a new teacher
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the P-35 vs. P-95 vs. P-105 by DeadPoets @ 20 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Michael HOriginally Posted By: mick297If the p-105 felt like the p-35 that wood be.the one to get. Surprised? I sure was. The p-35 has a heavier, more authoritative, precise feel. I know Yamaha says they are both the same GHS ac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Be here Monday- my first piano in 6 years! by BDB @ 22 minutes 51 seconds ago

You still have not used any of the standard nomenclature. Look at the diagram that I linked to.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimbal Viennese by BDB @ 24 minutes 28 seconds ago

There was a smaller model, as well.
Jump to new posts Re: Viennese Action by Bernhard Stopper @ 25 minutes 51 seconds ago

The viennese action has a unique property, that is completely missing with modern actions: the key remains in permanent contact with the hammer even after let-off (through the hammer center pin, sitting directly on the key), allowing some sort of ton
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by BDB @ 28 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: A443Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTOriginally Posted By: A443 Never attempt to misrepresent someone like that again, Bill Bremmer RPT; I am capable of expressing myself--your assistance is not required. Are you backing
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts NAMM 2015 - Are You Booked?? by Piano World @ 31 minutes 0 seconds ago

Reminder that the lodging for NAMM 2015 opens today at 11:00 a.m. EST. Are you going? Have you booked your hotel? Attending as an exhibitor or attendee? Do you know which piano/keyboard/organ manufacturers will be there this year?
Jump to new posts Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... by rungabic @ 33 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: mrmacmusicOriginally Posted By: ChoPraTsWhat happened with your Kawai MP11? Why returned? Have you returned two MP11 or you bought two and now you will use only one? I've returned two MP11 as I wasn't happy with the mechanical
Jump to new posts Re: Octave Sizes by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 35 minutes 29 seconds ago

I believe you are right. Given ideal iH progression within Tremain Parson's "hockey stick" (sorry, don't know who he referenced when creating his iH graph) 4:2+ pairs with 6:3- always. But these octaves test out like this on real pianos w
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher not covering theory and assigns too advanced music? by ezpiano.org @ 37 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JonathanThese are basic matters. From my perspective, so-called theory is the easiest part of learning music - the hardest part is gaining control of technique. I am 100% agree with you! It is so easy such as learning 3/4 time
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary a classic base to play virtuosic jazz ? by Morodiene @ 41 minutes 21 seconds ago

Plus, many jazz piano teachers don't want to spend time teaching technique (due to time needed for improv, I'm guessing), so if a student has a classical beginning then hopefully they were given a good foundation in the basics.
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by shah @ 45 minutes 37 seconds ago

Great to hear that it is just my unit. I will inform the technician about this tomorrow. Peterws, the noise is coming from outside the headphone. It is too loud to be a simulation of piano key back noise. I have tried several acoustic pianos. Macb
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fun Fugue Favorite Fiesta by kobethuy @ 51 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Lorenzoid I hadn't really listened to that CP 9, or WTCII 22.. To add to AoF, CP 6 on organ is bomb. No. 1 in C is the first fugue I ever learned. Struggled. I first heard of CP9 in one of Bach's documentary (played by Ton Koo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need a stool of some kind by PianoWorksATL @ 54 minutes 10 seconds ago

I've seen some folding, padded and slightly adjustable keyboard benches from many makers. The Digital piano forum (next door) can probably recommend specific makes an models. I remember some from "On Stage" as a place to start. The bette
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: page-turning for tablets by jazzyprof @ 54 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BarlyWell, before a system reacts to my raising an eyebrow Well, how about one that reacts to you turning your head: Magic Reader
Ah. Thanks for the memory jogger. Some of us used to level strings the opposite way. By pushing down on the hi ones with a piece of pedal rod stock with a groove in the end instead of pulling up the low ones with a string hook. Overly aggressive st
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff: Prelude in C-Sharp Minor Op3. No.2 by decibel101 @ 58 minutes 53 seconds ago

Nice playing! Thanks for posting.
Jump to new posts Re: Viennese Action by A443 @ 58 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BDBBecause they do not work as well, and they are difficult to service. That's not true--unless it is someone that never works with them (i.e., in some parts of the world, these are still very common). They are pretty stable cre
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by decibel101 @ Today at 11:38 AM

Nice playing!!! :clapping:
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
NAMM 2015 - Are You Booked??
by Piano World
26 minutes 24 seconds ago
Music stores in Boston
by Jamie_from_Canada
Today at 09:39 AM
Need a stool of some kind
by GeorgeStorm
Today at 09:19 AM
Schoenberg's Kammersymphonie Op. 9 (for piano)
by jeffreyjones
Today at 08:48 AM
Old Schumann Upright
by UnrightTooner
Today at 08:24 AM
Who's Online
153 registered (36251, alans, ajames, accordeur, 43 invisible), 1670 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76389 Members
42 Forums
157920 Topics
2319260 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission