Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
69 registered (Alexsms, AndrewJCW, AZ_Astro, agraffe, augustm, 16 invisible), 891 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ViennaAutumn I'm guessing a fair number of you AB's also have kids who take lessons. Do you share a teacher with your kids? If it's a good teacher than it definitely makes sense. This is why I started taking piano lessons in the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Normal Sound decay vs. Ringing...how to differentiate? by Jean Claude @ 9 minutes 23 seconds ago

Your dampers are badly regulated. If your tuner told you that this is normal he is either incompetent or a crook. Get another tuner. Regulating the dampers on an upright is not a big job, it ought to take no more than an hour or two. The bad news i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3? by oldmancoyote @ 12 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Schatzi011 Also, I asked about grey market and then saw that same term again. I didn't realize that it means pianos that are imported, which were not originally made for that specific market. So when someone referred to the Kawai
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales, chords and arpeggios by h8dk97 @ 19 minutes 47 seconds ago

Thanks a lot All for your replies, although I ended up more confused than I was before. I trust my teacher and I'll stick with whatever exercises she gives me for now. The reason I started this thread was, I was trying to see if there is a different
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeats? by phantomFive @ 39 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By SiFi And his argument that the 4th movement of the Pastoral Symphony is merely a "slow introduction" to the finale that happens to actually be fast has always struck me as ludicrous. Did he at least recognize that the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why are scale fingerings important? by johan d @ 45 minutes 10 seconds ago

They might be just the most proven and easiest way to play that specific scale...? no more, no less
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano solo or accompaniment only? by marimorimo @ 59 minutes 8 seconds ago

Thanks everyone. That made sheet music make more sense to me, and it's very helpful for making future purchases I'm not advanced yet to play the sample I put up either way, so I will have to shelve it for now.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Joyce Hatto by PhilipInChina @ Today at 02:53 AM

I hesitate to post here, as I do not consider myself a pianist. I thought members might be interested to listen to this on BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tt6f6
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Why are scale fingerings important? by marimorimo @ Today at 02:53 AM

This is probably an ultra-n00b question but I've always wondered about it so please bear with me. The importance of correct fingering is emphasized when practicing scales. However, when I play a piece, I don't actually feel like the fingerings are o
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Roland HP/LX Series Firmware by Jim10538 @ Today at 02:48 AM

Hi Jay, The Roland UK website is currently only offering the Firmware version 1.05. Can I safely download version 1.09 from the global Roland website and use that in the UK on my new HP603? Many thanks, Jim
Adult Beginners Forum
Just an observation: Most of the time when a small child has private lessons, the parent is already both present and involved. It is definitely the case here. Meanwhile when a parent takes lessons with a teacher, this has nothing to do with the chi
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Charles Cohen @ Today at 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By brooster . . . I tried a RD-800. It had too much mechanical sounds in the samples or the modeling for me. I noticed it most starting at middle C going up two octaves. Has anybody tried the RD-800 and the FP-30 side by side? Do
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How big are your hands? by Carey @ Today at 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By hreichgottI am Beethoven-sized at 5'2". My hands reach 9ths in most configurations and some 10ths, but usually 10ths take careful plan
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Craigslist Ad real? Shigeru Kawai by boxijie @ Today at 02:24 AM

C'mon OP you need to deliver.
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Kawai James @ Today at 02:22 AM

Regarding the FP-30 action vs the RD-800 action, this was clarified by Jay Roland, here: Originally Posted By Jay RolandJust a point of clarification. The Action in the FP-30 is in fact the "PHA-4 Standard" where the RD-800 has "PHA
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How big are your hands? by RealPlayer @ Today at 01:59 AM

Tenths are fine as C-E, but extensions like D-F# work best for me only if occasional...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Belmont U. Free Sight Reading Material by bolt @ Today at 01:54 AM

Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by peterws @ Today at 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By Edb123The FP-30 has the same set of sounds as my F20 - 6 piano 7 electric piano and 22 other - 35 in total I would imagine the sounds on the RD800 are much better - u cannot compare them since RD800 is £1699 and FP30 is £469
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano solo or accompaniment only? by peterws @ Today at 01:11 AM

Music for accompaniment takes several forms. Elody, sung, at the top, accompaniment is on the 2 staves beneath, and may, or may not reflect the melody either completely or in part. Sometimes you can get a piano version for solo, but you may lose o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeats? by Polyphonist @ Today at 01:03 AM

Taking that repeat in Islamey is just silly.
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Rex Tremendae @ Today at 12:56 AM

So I bought the FP-30 but it's still in the box at home. Will post an opinion when I've spent some time with it - for what my opinion is worth!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
0.5 mm aftertouch is too little. I still am not certain what is happening. When the hammers bobble, do you feel the shanks taking a hard bounce on the jacks, a softer bounce on the repetition levers, or a bounce from the backchecks? (That last one
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vertical with extremely heavy action by mellowmeyer @ Today at 12:43 AM

I'm not sure if this would be the case on that piano, but on mine, after I put new hammer return springs in, they did their job too well. Felt like I was pressing teeter-totters... I bent the springs so they were not overkill, and that made a big d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeats? by SiFi @ Today at 12:43 AM

Oh and yes, while we're at it, note the rests with fermatas in both examples. Did Mili really expect that at the audience would stay quiet for a whole paused bar before the repeat, or even after it??? Maurice too. Q. How long is a paused eighth no
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning keys by mellowmeyer @ Today at 12:36 AM

I usually just use a paper towel with a little lemon juice on it. Particularly suited to ivory, and bonus of no chemical, for any customers that might be sensitive to such things.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Joyce Hatto
by PhilipInChina
53 minutes 19 seconds ago
Why are scale fingerings important?
by marimorimo
53 minutes 27 seconds ago
Normal Sound decay vs. Ringing...how to differentiate?
by Ludwig016
Yesterday at 07:44 PM
500$ to spend - need help with choosing digital piano
by AlexHerrmann
Yesterday at 07:14 PM
New Roland HP/LX Series Firmware
by Jay Roland
Yesterday at 03:50 PM
Forum Stats
83,826 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,038 Topics
2,529,391 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission