Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
107 registered (36251, ando, agraffe, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1437 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best Chinese Piano? by pianoloverus @ 2 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By George K]So, I ask myself (or tell myself), "I'm 55 years old, a returning intermediate student who's banging away on a 30 year old Baldwin Hamilton. Do I need a piano that'll last 50 years? Nah." It's not an investment
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by pianoloverus @ 15 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By JoelWI'm really not. I simply see a big flaw in the way musicality is approached in the classical field. You can't teach someone to be a good musician, though everyone seems to think otherwise. This is where the distinction lies:
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: For Verituner owners by RonTuner @ 25 minutes 56 seconds ago

Thanks Tim - It seems that the Verituner refers back towards the temperament octave when building the tuning - not sure how much it crosses over, though with double and triple octaves, it must... It should progress really quickly - just jump to sett
Jump to new posts Re: The Last Octave by Bill Schneider @ 28 minutes 39 seconds ago

Ron, which of those should I investigate first?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: I bought an old rd700 by impulse , what to do ? by ando @ 29 minutes 48 seconds ago

I'd give it a go in your gig as is - it might work better than you think. If you think something is lacking, then go explore other options.
Jump to new posts Re: The Last Octave by RonTuner @ 34 minutes 38 seconds ago

Verituner, Entropy tuner and perhaps other newer electronic approaches are able to compare and work with more than one partial match at a time... Ron Koval
Jump to new posts Re: The Last Octave by Bill Schneider @ 38 minutes 10 seconds ago

What is the agenda being promoted? If people come by their agendas honestly, what's wrong with promoting them? It's what we do as enthusiasts that causes us to learn from each other.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by Vid @ 40 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By bennevisSo, if I feel like playing Wolfie in the style of Boulez, I'll do so. Or Boulez in the style of Hildegard of Bingen. And I don't care what others think.......... Should I correct myself, to make myself more correct?
Pianist Corner
I had to listen to this piece for some months while eldest son learned it. I could practically recite each note from memory!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Model R by Rickster @ 51 minutes 48 seconds ago

To my knowledge, the American made Baldwin Artists grands were the M-5'2", the R-5'8", the L-6'3", the SF10-7' and the SD10, 9'. There are a few members of PW who used to work for Baldwin back in the day... maybe they will see this t
Pianist Corner
Not necessarily something you should do in particular, but Prokofiev has a fairly interesting interpretation, especially in the middle section: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjutQ97DRhw
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by argerichfan @ 54 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By JoelWYou can't teach someone to be a good musician, though everyone seems to think otherwise. This is where the distinction lies: Good musicians have personalities. Yes, they get better with mentoring, but most of the growth happ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restored 1859 Erard by pyropaul @ 57 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Craig HairPaul, Thanks, that would be great if you could. I'm interested in how others handle the conservation/restoration dilemma. Craig Hi Craig, the short answer is yes, the √Črard does have the original soundboard. I'l
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: I bought an old rd700 by impulse , what to do ? by rolfie @ 59 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By MorodieneI think that using a laptop is feasible to be reliable on stage. I'm seeing it more and more these days. Of course, the problem with Windows is that it will shut down in the middle of things to update. I'm not sure if th
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
I've been playing a lot of Beethoven Sonatas lately and I've been wondering how to better interpret them/how to possibly improve technique. Here's my recording of no. 23 (Appassionata): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940dgmjZr6U and no. 32: h
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Two Ellington Tunes by Simon Hester @ Today at 07:45 PM

After a short break I'm back up and running with my piano improv channel "The Lonely Pianist" Here are two Ellington tunes from last week Thanks for letting me share best wishes Simon https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRBWMwQJBcKtH
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purpose of Middle Pedal On An Old Upright? by johnbarnesiii @ Today at 07:43 PM

Thanks Jean Claude, do you happen to have any links to such a product online? I heard that QRS Music makes one called the Upright Stop Rail however I don't see any links for it online. Would like to see visually how this works and get an idea for pri
Adult Beginners Forum
What does your teacher say about this?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano advice by Oasismfg @ Today at 07:40 PM

If you have the budget and room for a grand, get one. As others have said, the only way to know for sure which one is THE one, is to audition them - lots of them. Don't rush it. It took me many months to find the one I love, and when I did I knew
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep open your sheet music. But how? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 07:32 PM

Twinkle twinkle is all on 1 page so it isn't a problem. That is some Czerny that a friend of mine plays when she is here.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: May Piano Bar by BillM @ Today at 07:27 PM

Ed - a departure from what I have come to expect from you. Very cool Latin/Jazz fusion performed with your usual flair and musicality. Another highly listenable Piano Bar selection.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best Chinese Piano? by Bosendorff @ Today at 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By Edward Sanderoh and what about Steigerman.That brand has also disappeared, but they indeed had good sounding grands for the price. Currently, the best Chinese piano brands include Brodmann, Hailun, Ritmuller and Perzina. When I w
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Copyright question by slowtraveler @ Today at 07:24 PM

Melodies are protected by copyright; chord progressions are not.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Model R by Retsacnal @ Today at 07:20 PM

Yes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by bennevis @ Today at 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By JoelWI simply see a big flaw in the way musicality is approached in the classical field. So, with your immense experience of music - past, present and future - of all types
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mason & Hamlin Visit & ProRecord MIDI System
by Piano World
Today at 05:53 PM
retrofitting MIDI on a grand piano
by peterspiano
Today at 05:08 PM
Is this possible to pass piano conservatory exam for me?
by PM7
Today at 04:53 PM
Larry Greenfield Hand Exercises
by sus4
Today at 04:50 PM
Baldwin Model R
by AndreaH
Today at 03:04 PM
Forum Stats
83,519 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,437 Topics
2,521,610 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission