Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
88 registered (amv256, Alkanaut, angga888, Art_Vandelay, AldenH, 23 invisible), 1226 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different action in piano by Bellyman @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

With the thing all apart anyway, it would be a waste not to replace the pinblock. They're not usually that hard to make. Have you ever seen anyone make one? Maybe one of the local techs in your area would allow you to watch them make and fit one.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by dewster @ Yesterday at 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By phunqeFor me, I want the pitch controller as far to the side as possible so it's easily controlled with one finger only (thumb). Yeah, I was kinda rushing it. How's this? Also, I moved everything over so the screen lines up w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 02:21 PM

RonnieJ, It would help us offer you advice if you could tell us a bit more about your goals? Do you want to go the traditional route learning to read sheet music and playing classical music? Or are you more interested in playing some modern st
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Scarlatti K424 & 425 book for exam by Missha318 @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

I am from Vancouver and looking for someone who has this book. My exam is on June 2nd. Long & McQuade screwed up my order. I placed the order end of March, they kept telling me that it's coming until last week they advised they ordered from the S
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts More RD760 by dewster @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

ditto
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by Jytte @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

outo, all very true. And one of the first things people will tell you, Ronnie, (I hope) is to make sure you develop both hands equally.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by outo @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

I am also right handed, but I often feel my left is more in control. And it has better reach. The reason why people generally can play better with their right is probably not so much because they are right handed, but because most piano music is wri
Adult Beginners Forum
When I've tried this before, scoring something by ear, I'd always find it on the piano, then score it fully, chunk by chunk. But then, this was usually a lot longer pieces, had no time constraint, and the end purpose was in fact a score to read/learn
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By JytteA metronome count? Oh, sure, no pressure there Not necessarily to aim for the right tempo but just to let the group know what it's supposed to be. I doubt the composers are going to write pieces that are racing along anyw
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By casinitalyOther observations: I realized at once that I would have to write something down, but I just wrote the letters and used underlines for the lengths of the notes. Interesting about note lengths which were more or less l
Adult Beginners Forum
A metronome count? Oh, sure, no pressure there
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by Jytte @ Yesterday at 02:01 PM

Hello Ronnie, welcome to Piano World My guess is, that being right handed, and playing (from scratch) better with your left hand, is probably atypical? Maybe others will disagree on this. Do you have a teacher? Otherwise I'd suggest finding one to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 01:59 PM

The apparent impatience is just first-night nerves, I think. Once we've seen a couple of these things through, we'll know what to expect. At the moment this is a bit like watching a kettle boil but "a watched kettle never boils". On the te
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano VST buyer-advice please! by Jennifer Ann @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Thanks for your response-you're probably quite right! I likely am just going to have to take the plunge and buy one. I am hoping to not spend quite as much as the Vienna Imperial warrants-it's quite expensive! Can I ask what made you disappointed wit
Adult Beginners Forum
PS: I for one might also have a bigger problem with the actual playing, time wise. But then again, it isn't about how fast or smooth we play it, is it? as long as it can be heard what it is. It is about being able to deduct a piece of music by ear.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bolan silent system by Larry L @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

Hi, Stef, I went through the whole process of contacting all piano silent system manufacturers and finally installed the piano silent system myself last year. Just want to share with you some information. I contacted all the piano silent syst
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How about SONY HDR-MV1 (Music Video Recorder)? by Hakki @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By S.H.LeeOriginally Posted By Steve PetersonOne consideration is that the best place to videotape the performance may not be the best place to record it from. This is especially true if you have difficult acoustics and you need to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different action in piano by mp69 @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Pinblock was pretty bad on the bass side, where some of the tuning were pretty bad. It was bad enough that when I turned the tuning lever, it would immediately loosen again I could watch the tuning lever swing counter clockwise. The pinblock was da
Adult Beginners Forum
So this must've been the 2nd version then? Haven't seen any yet obviously, but have followed the posts here. The speed thing sort of crept up on us, didn't it? So maybe we should think about what it is we want to achieve, apart from some fun. Do we w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

I'm not a big fan of Barenboim's Schubert, but I might just make an exception and go to one of his Schubert recitals in London's Royal Festival Hall, just to hear his new piano......
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Jay Roland re RD64 by Woodstockz @ Yesterday at 01:41 PM

RE: RD-64 Hi Jay, I am interested in the RD-64. I have checked it out in a local store. It seems to have most of what I want...But not exactly... It is only a few inches shorter than the F20 next to it in the shop. One common complaint that I have
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

ok, well, I have done it.... but there are actually 2 issues for me one is the listening and figuring the notes, which is not "too" hard - this piece took me about 35 minutes including recording time, because I had trouble with the "
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Beginner piano player with no prior experience by Ronnie J @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

Hey Everyone! This is my first posting so hopefully I don't mess it up to bad! I just started learning to play the piano a few days ago and I'm just trying to grasp how to go about doing so. I started with the 12 major cords from C major to B major
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by schwammerl @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

At the bottom of this news article you can see more pictures of the piano, i.e. in the development stage with 'Maene' stamped on the frame: Maene-Barenboim schwammerl.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scarlatti K424 & 425 book for exam by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By Missha318I am from Vancouver and looking for someone who has this book. My exam is on June 2nd. Long & McQuade screwed up my order. I placed the order end of March, they kept telling me that it's coming until last week they a
Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How practical is amateur piano tuning for one's self only?
by amv256
05/27/15 01:46 AM
What are some cool piano facebook groups?
by brucepiano
05/27/15 01:36 AM
Lessons hampered: my digital piano vs. her acoustic piano
by amv256
05/27/15 01:34 AM
Kohler and Campbell SKG-600s opinions please
by ThePawn
05/26/15 10:30 PM
Piano Texas, anyone?
by ec
05/26/15 09:32 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,428 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,364 Topics
2,410,894 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission