Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
96 registered (AndrewJCW, Andy C, acadia, Andy W, anamnesis, 33 invisible), 1925 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By AndrewJCW . . . I would go back to 75-80 bpm (which will feel painfully slow to you) and get the timing right. There is no point playing something at any tempo with the timing wrong. Slow it down until it's easy and relaxed, pr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best "vintages" of Baldwin pianos? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

That is a great story Jason! Thanks.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland LX 17 / KAWAI CS 11, some questions by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

I wouldn't worry much about whether a DP "peaks out" at MIDI velocity = 115 or 120, instead of 127. Many "software pianos" (Pianoteq, Ivory, etc) let you set up a "velocity map", that translates the keyboard's MIDI velo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano creak? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

Could be the legs on the bench, or the pedal lyre, or the legs. I don't know how the plate on your piano is supported at the rim but if it is wood dowels beside the rim bolts and under the plate like a Steinway they can creak sometimes. I don't see h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wegman Piano... year? Any other info? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By Logan E. W. M. All of the info we currently have is that it is worth 65k after total restoration. Where on earth did you get that info?? (I mean, I'm happy that you're happy with your piano, but that valuation is crazy talk..
Jump to new posts Re: Hi from new member by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

a) What kind of "office" is this ????? b) I suggest that you visit your local piano store, and re-acquaint yourself with the feel of a few acoustic pianos. Have fun --
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by LJC @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Toddler likes to impugn anyone he doesn't agree with. I would be a cheerleader for whatever piano someone wants, Toddler. Toddler likes to put words in peoples mouths. Toddler obviously has something against Steinway sales people but he can't possibl
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

Actually, there are some newer DP's which have un-looped sounds, reasonable sustain, and reasonable resonance (e.g. the Roland LX-17 and "SuperNatural modelled" cousins). They're not cheap (yet) -- outside Daniel's list of models. Pianote
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Advanced repertoire quickly by BruceD @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

Each of us is equipped with different learning skills so each of us learns differently and we assimilate materials at different rates. So, the first question that comes to mind is: Does your teacher think that you are able to learn major repertoire
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Feurich 125 vs Kawai K200 vs Kawai K300 by KeithPiano @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

how is your Feurich 125? Do you still like it?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by halford @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Thank you very much Andrew for taking the time to listen to my recordings. By first recording, do you mean the one with the metronome on? If so, the pictures also happen to show where the mistake happened. I know I got off the metronome after a wh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Program crafting by Sean P @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

I think that's gonna be a program that mightn't please either camp. Musically inclined people may find the constant C minor/E flat annoying and the musically uninitiated might find the music too difficult. Which isn't to say its a bad program, but I
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: (Slow) Blues repertoire and tips by Rerun @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

Here's a slow one you'll probably pick up quickly ... Tax Payers Blues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8blRJul7...tion_3498503333
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Learning Advanced repertoire quickly by Sean P @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Hey all This is a massive problem for me but I'm trying to remedy it. Very very often my teacher sets me difficult pieces of music to have done for a weeks time, or two weeks, etc. I know why, as a teacher, he does this, I'm fairly sure he wants me
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by Carey @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By CinnamonbearSo Ron, Judy, and Dave made it to Round 2? And Tim got the "Lion's Paw"? Did I read that right? Where did you find that info Andy ????
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Johnny B. Goode by Piano Tipping @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

It's Chuck Berry week at my house.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Florence Foster Jenkins the Movie by musdan @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

I enjoyed watching the YouTube bio on Florence Foster Jenkins. Learned what made Florence, Florence. She loved music and singing, but sadly music and singing did not love her. Loved the movie - Meryl Streep, Hugh Grant and the actor who played for
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flood damaged piano by Blues beater @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By David Jenson young man plays flood damaged piano in Louisiana The unisons seem a little wobbly. Could have sounded about like that before the flood! Don in Austin
Jump to new posts Hi from new member by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Hi everyone, I'm a longtime lurker, new member. I've been in the market for a DP for a few months, and it seems 75% of all Google searches pointed me here, so I thought I might as well join and start contributing I'm a *horrible* piano player w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By Arghhh Originally Posted By BortholomewSo I may be displaying my ignorance, but if you liked the Kawais but wanted more of a Steinway sound, did you try any of the Boston Grands at the Steinway dealer? I understand it's hard to l
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Salute him? For what? The entire thread can be condensed into a simple statement: Digital pianos have poor sound because: 1. The sounds are looped. 2. They lack resonance. 3. They lack sustain. etc. etc. etc. The same is true for them all. Perhaps t
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts (Slow) Blues repertoire and tips by PianoMath @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Hello everyone! I finally decided to learn the blues, and I'm starting by watching the David Bennet Cohen's video series. Although these videos are a great resource for learning, I feel that I learn a lot more if I pick blues songs by ear, but I'm h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

BSW congrats on passing your pieces! I think you will enjoy working on a Minuet from Anna Magdalena's Notebook. I just finished one in G Minor and I'm working on one in D Minor now. They're probably my two favorite pieces I've ever worked on. Look f
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Pete14 @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By EssBraceOver five million views. Amazing. Dewster, we salute you, wherever you are. And please come back... +1.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By halford With the metronome on, it kind of feel like I'm cheating myself. I would recommend not moving on until you can comfortably play the piece without the metronome. I think the metronome is fine to help you internalize t
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to find a great tuner/tech?
by ebonykawai
15 minutes 36 seconds ago
Individual Hammer felt replacing
by Davemaster84
Today at 06:19 PM
Fit and Finish of Keytops
by Iggy64
Today at 05:49 PM
Favorite Works of Music in Art
by WhoDwaldi
Today at 05:32 PM
lyre-piano?
by David Farley
Today at 04:54 PM
Forum Stats
84,780 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,769 Topics
2,550,604 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission