Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fully-Rebuilt Pianos Versus New Pianos by joe80 @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

Hi Barnard, the 85 note model B and A are still rebuilt at Steinway Hamburg, they turn out more or less the same except for the top three notes, but yeah I know it's an important point and difference because it limits repertoire,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 05:12 PM

I just want to let y'all know that I am leaving tomorrow for a much-anticipated trip to Italy with my hubby to see Einaudi in concert and celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We're supposed to have free wifi at the hotels we're staying at, but I'm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Kristian Bezuidenhout on Mozart and his piano music by bennevis @ Yesterday at 05:05 PM

One of today's foremost (forte)pianists has interesting things to say about Mozart's keyboard style, ornamentation (and its implementation), the use of rubato.....and pianos. He also touches on Beethoven and Schumann. www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02316
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Ben_NZ @ Yesterday at 05:05 PM

I'm 34, and I've met some piano techs and salespeople around my age. I suspect my tech is probably younger than me - I haven't asked her. I don't know anyone who owns a piano though. I would expect more young people in the industry if demand were in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

My tuner is 35 and I am 31.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

Yes, I've always found it bizarre that Roland doesn't even offer an *option* of a music rest for their stage pianos. The could do like Nord, drill two holes in the chassis (o.k, not quite, but pretty close! to slip in a music stand and then s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by Greener @ Yesterday at 04:57 PM

Hello Sam, I have and will continue to follow with much interest. Clearly, you are not a newbie to this. It is very inspirational. Next time I start whining on my second K of a two kilometer canoe portage, I'll be thinking of you and ... I will sto
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: patH Statement: Grass is green. This is true for humans who are not colorblind. But it is not true for intelligent lifeforms who have a concept of colors, but perceive colors differently than humans. Good on you for actually tr
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Saranoya If you want to have any credibility when accusing other people of using 'ad hominem' attacks in lieu of solid argumentation, then you should probably refrain from insulting others when you can't make your point, yoursel
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Hard Starting Intermediate by frankeric @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

Just starting my 4th year, 1-2 hrs / day 7 days a wk. The last 4 months have been a big jump for me since I'm engrossed with the Modern Jazz Quartet, mainly John Lewis, what a master. My first week was just looking at the songs in this book since it
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: AtrysAgain, something cannot be true for you and be false for me; something is either true or it is false. You will not be able to find a counter-example to this claim. Yes I can. Statement: Grass is green. This is true for hu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Pianos will never go out of style. But they are not as mainstream as they once were, that is true, and they probably won't be again. Piano tuning and technology is not the bright career it once was, so let's face it, less people are attracted to it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Vid @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: VidThe trolls are well fed today and two of them have teamed up apparently. I wouldn't doubt they are one and the same. If you're thinking of the same ones I am, I very much doubt they are the s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysI've addressed yours and Vid's points; don't get frustrated that you don't really know what it is you're asking (or doing). I have two "pro tips" for you. After that I will leave this thread alone, because benne
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

I was annoyed that the V-Piano has no music rest when I decided to buy it, but the store threw in a Stagg music stand (the sort used by orchestral musicians) gratis, and it works perfectly - I have the rest just poking over the back edge of the slab,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And what about this one? by Markarian @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

I played that for like, a minute. Pretty slick, but a bit out of my price range.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time to change teacher? by A443 @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: AZNpianoWhat if the 3-4 teachers all disagree vehemently with each other? Who's right?Why would teachers vehemently disagree with each other?!? They are not there to disagree with each other, nor is it a student's place to info
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

It's not just the piano industry where this is a problem (not enough younger people interested in the field/trade); it's also a problem in other industries and the trades. I suppose there are lots of reasons the younger generation is not interested i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need name of this music by EM Deeka @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: neuralfiringsAnd if all else fails? Transcribe the music yourself or pay somebody to do it. Here's somebody who does this for $5 http://www.fiverr.com/scribeemusic/transcribe-your-music-into-sheet-music (if you look around the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough - Advice for talented piano students by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

I'll get right on it. Or, thinking better of it, I might as well keep working on making the Brahms sound good because my audience is unsatisfied with it as it stands. My audience is, of course, a small select club of only two people: me and my pi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: UnrightToonerOriginally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT Again, the real elephant in the room is beat speed sensitivity. If you can't tell if F#3A#3 is between FA and GB, you won't be able to get good accuracy on ET, IMHO. Does an
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting Sound During Restringing by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

It seems to me that the discussion of flat strung pianos is essentially an academic discussion for others that distracts from the task at hand - BillJZ is looking for a used piano. The likelihood of him coming upon a flat strung piano that is less th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts And what about this one? by leel @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

Do you drive it or fly it? http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/msd/4548058749.html
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting Sound During Restringing by A443 @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: BDBI am sure that in your travels around the world by horse and buggy, you have seen lots of flat-strung pianos.My generation uses airplanes to travel from city to city. Originally Posted By: BDBNone of them are in business any
Piano Forum
Haha good one Joe. Nah I don't reckon I'll be posting that very soon, I'm not that daft, I know what I can realistically spend, and that is a no-go for me, atleast for another 20-30 years anyway. All's I was saying was, the Weinbach looks naff to
Page 10 of 22 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 >
What's Hot!!
U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Concert Grand
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
70 registered (36251, bennevis, AndrewJCW, angga888, beeboss, 20 invisible), 1253 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75487 Members
42 Forums
156081 Topics
2292029 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk?
by CarloPiano
Today at 05:04 AM
Another Improvisation
by Polyphonist
Today at 02:55 AM
4/4 measure in 3/4 time?
by caters
Today at 01:10 AM
Mac mini for software pianos?
by Mta88
Today at 01:10 AM
Installed an LX system on my Baldwin C
by SpectrumMan
Today at 12:04 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission