Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
128 registered (afb, accordeur, 17curleyj, 36251, agraffe, 25 invisible), 2165 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by Peakski @ Today at 07:02 AM

Originally Posted By bennevis If you want to be really good at anything technical, you need proper instruction from a teacher. That is a given I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that is not strictly true. Who taught you to walk for ex
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by keystring @ Today at 06:59 AM

How about if kids get to do what they enjoy and they are interested in, without anyone worrying about its use or reflecting their own values. What about swinging on swings, playing with friends, putting together puzzles - if they want to be doing wh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by bennevis @ Today at 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By PeakskiOriginally Posted By bennevis I equate being able to ski groomed pistes (including black runs) with intermediate-advanced - equivalent to playing something like Rondo alla turca on piano. Not playing, say Beethoven's Op.2/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by Peakski @ Today at 06:41 AM

Originally Posted By StubbieAh, I get it Peak_ski. You like to ski. How did you learn to ski? LOL yes! I started off on my own at a local dry-slope in the UK when I was in my early teens in preparation for a school ski holiday, which got me
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserOriginally Posted By guitarjunior19https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjSWu8ZADzI Great video. Very important info in there! Thanks for linking that. A continuation of the mechanical studies can be found here: h
Adult Beginners Forum
LOL..you don't need a teacher to learn to read notation or theory..Get real. I knew theory long before I had a single lesson and it made learning piano easier. Learning notation is not like learning technique...it is cerebral.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest piano work by nationality by pianoloverus @ Today at 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistHow about German? I purposely omitted nationalities where the possible choices would be so numerous that the question becomes somewhat silly. Hence no Polish, Russian, German.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 06:30 AM

Originally Posted By guitarjunior19https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjSWu8ZADzI Great video. Very important info in there! Thanks for linking that.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by kris shendo @ Today at 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1 33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme Impressively clean clear sound and playing, very professional .. enjoyed it a lot !! What a vpc-1? It's a software piano controller made by Kawai - it belongs to a friend who has let
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by pianoMom2006 @ Today at 06:17 AM

Candywoman..I realize that correlation does not imply causation but I definitely felt better hearing that all kids in the math program play an instrument. One of my biggest fears as a piano mom has been that because my son spends so much time playi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by Peakski @ Today at 06:17 AM

Originally Posted By 8 Octaves There isn't such a thing as one correct technique from a piano teacher. There are effective and efficient techniques that work but they are no more correct or incorrect than others. Different teachers teach different
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by Peakski @ Today at 06:05 AM

Originally Posted By bennevis I equate being able to ski groomed pistes (including black runs) with intermediate-advanced - equivalent to playing something like Rondo alla turca on piano. Not playing, say Beethoven's Op.2/1. Not even playing Beethove
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by kris shendo @ Today at 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By Peyton33. Kris Shendo- Kris, did you come home and play this after watching the film? If so, then you have one heck of a memory! Thank you for your kind words. In fact I saw the film twice, and my partner and I both remembered
Adult Beginners Forum
Did she consult with you when she made the changes? If not, why not and what will you do when she's not there? What is she teaching you about fingering with these changes, specifically what principles? Did she make the changes based on how she plays
Adult Beginners Forum
I don't recommend that method. Chords are used in keys. In most keys you'll learn the tonic in root, the subdominant in first inversion and the dominant in second inversion. Learn the standard I-vi-IV-V pattern, throw in the doo-wop alternative, I-v
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest piano work by nationality by dolce sfogato @ Today at 05:42 AM

German: Bach-Goldbergvariations Brazilian: Villa Lobos-Rudepoema British: Benjamin Dale piano-sonata op.1 Hungarian: Liszt-piano sonata Russian: Mussorgsky-Pictures Norwegian: Grieg-Ballade Austrian: Schubert-D.960
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CLP545 vs HP603 vs CA17 by Goss @ Today at 05:16 AM

I can say unless you are playing the same note for an hour on end or so, the Roland wont sound overly synthetic or tiresome ^^ We chose the Roland HP605 ( paid €2000 for it ) for the other properties 8 Octaves mentioned. The behaviour is just grea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Collecting learned pieces in one book/folder by Groove On @ Today at 05:09 AM

I have my favorite pieces scanned as PDFs, and then manually arrange them into a personal collection. The local printshop prints it up and binds it for about $5-10. The one thing with this - is to occasionally insert an extra page or two so that the
Piano Forum
Which remaining lifetime to expect for a well treated, good quality upright piano, especially in respect to its tonal dynamics, expecting that the usual maintenance was/is well done throughout the years, and common substitution of worn parts was/is d
Adult Beginners Forum
The main thing with software music reading apps is that they are designed for use with a teacher or by someone who has had enough lessons to practice reading music on their own. If you are in one of those categories then it's worth weighing the benef
I own a Kawai CA-95 and it is a terrific instrument. I love it a lot. Especially if you want/can play it loud with the internal speaker system. It still is a high-end DP with (close to) up-to-date technology. I find it very close in performance to t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand position by barbaram @ Today at 04:45 AM

I found this very helpful on collapsing joints: http://pianoscience.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/collapsing-fingers-simple-illustration.html I don't have the highly flexible joints described, but I was having the experience of the nail joint collapsing to
https://soundcloud.com/kawai-australia/sets/kawai-ca65-ca95-demos and https://soundcloud.com/kawai-australia/sets/kawai-ca67ca97-demos and then the CN37 https://soundcloud.com/kawai-australia/sets/kawai-cn37-audio-demos
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By master88er First, Hamburg Steinways are sold in the USA . The Steinway factory store in San Francisco, or anywhere else, would be happy to sell you one. The piano you selected, while I'm sure a fine instrument, is not new, and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by MarieJ @ Today at 04:34 AM

32. SandTiger - Fading Light A peaceful, gentle atmosphere here - nice work! 33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme Adapted, improvised, and memorised! Wow! A captivating melody, and the syncopation worked really well. I enjoyed it very much. 34. that's
Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway Model M
by woohoo123
02/24/17 07:22 PM
Digital piano as a music player vs slab piano + stereo
by Alohaneko
02/24/17 06:03 PM
Slow hammers
by Ahmedn1
02/24/17 05:57 PM
I'm having an affair with the piano
by JayWalkingBlues
02/24/17 03:20 PM
Mechanical problems with tangents
by Sverre
02/24/17 03:12 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,788 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,699 Topics
2,601,589 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission