Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
75 registered (anamnesis, Allar A, AZNpiano, 21 invisible), 1026 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is This Possible to Do? - Realtime Accompaniment by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

iReal Pro for iOS?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Squaring hammer crowns? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: BeemerPoint understood and appreciated. However I still would like advice on the act of shaping. I doubt that technicians would have time to pluck 220 strings. Ian You don't mate the single strings and most of the hammers m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Best Piano Accessories (add yours) by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: RaggedKeyPresser38% sounds way too low. 60% RHI is a common recommended humidity level. Actually according to the Piano Technicians Guild the ideal is 42%. Anything from 38-48% is fine, but 60 is much too high. My piano star
Jump to new posts Re: The Right Words At The Right Time by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 02:07 PM

These weren't really words, but more an experience... I starting tuning out of frustration. I was frustrated with the way my piano sounded even after it was freshly tuned. I knew I was trying to create a sound I had been looking for since I was 15.
Jump to new posts Re: Travel Keyboard by Kai C @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

I will try my M-audio 49 in my large suitcase. I believe the keyboard is too long to fit, but I will try. Even if it does, you still have to bring along your laptop to make the keyboard work. If it would work with an iPad, maybe that's a go. Yes
Jump to new posts Re: What else do I need to tune a grand? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

How will you tune? Mute strip? You need two more, three total. Open unison? You should be ok with your wedges. ETD? You're fine. I am a professional full-time piano tuner. I have been tuning for 15 years. I only have a regular extension hammer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (updated! pics) by DeadPoets @ Yesterday at 02:05 PM

My teacher does understand good posture and originally started me off doing all the "right" things. But as time went on and I was unable to play due to low back issues she became more lenient and told me to "go with what works and does
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (updated! pics) by EM Deeka @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: chopin_r_usOriginally Posted By: EM DeekaOriginally Posted By: sinophiliaNo offense intended, but if you are self-learning... get a teacher! .... If only all problems were solved just by having a teacher ..... !! Yeh it ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Best Piano Accessories (add yours) by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

38% sounds way too low. 60% RHI is a common recommended humidity level.
Jump to new posts Re: Squaring hammer crowns? by S. Phillips @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

But that is exactly how it is done. It is called fitting the hammers to the strings. Starting with a cleanly filed hammer that the strike point is perpendicular to the sides is a starter but, yes we pluck all strings or adopt another method of hear
Jump to new posts Re: Cheaper Alternative to Protek CLP? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: rysowersGo ahead and pull the action and lubricate all the centerpins, and I think the spring cushions are a good idea too, especially the damper springs. Another good spot to hit with the Protek is the damper levers where the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by landorrano @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Glenn Gould couldn't express everything through his voice, so his fingers had to take over. That's the secret to his technique ... that is his technique.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: StubbieSwissMs, wishing your husband a swift and full recovery. We focus on piano, sometimes even flirting with obsession, but then when the health of a loved one is threatened, we know where our true focus lies. SwissMs, My
Jump to new posts Re: Replace side panels on MP7? by IMOL @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

hi acoxcae I sent you a P.M. Have you received? rds
Jump to new posts Re: Help! Pedal to piano korg c-26 by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

I have searched the manual and there doesn't seem to be a standard jack to plug a generic pedal. Instead, the manual (p. 3) show how to assemble the (specific) stand and plug the connector for the pedals (with a specific plug according to the schema
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried IRockU? by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

You're on your way. Rock on! I'll remind you that there's a sub-forum just for non-classical piano playing. "Pianist's Corner-non classical" That, and the adult beginners forum are great places for you questions. We're technically off
Jump to new posts Re: Squaring hammer crowns? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

I gently press the hammer against the strings. Then raise the whippen so the back check touches the catcher, pressing on the back check. This serves to raise the damper. Press so gently that all three string ring when plucked. Press a little harde
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New piano coming today! by jazzyprof @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesunlike other pianos, telling what it is suggests where I Iive and reveals exactly where I got it from. Oh no...you just gave it away!!!! (Pleyel in Paris )
Jump to new posts Re: Need gearchoice help - the "ultimate" setup by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

You don't really need anything. If you bring the Nord Stage, MOX, and the Lead- all 3, you have all your bread and butter sounds. Take a look at your amplification system and how you are handling Audio and MIDI routing to make an improvement in your
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
It is always interesting to learn directly from the teacher about his aesthetic views and principles!
Jump to new posts Re: Squaring hammer crowns? by Beemer @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

Point understood and appreciated. However I still would like advice on the act of shaping. I doubt that technicians would have time to pluck 220 strings. Ian
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should I buy used small upright or big upright? by bleak @ Yesterday at 01:51 PM

The Yamaha U-series pianos have a middle pedal that activates a mute rail, which significantly lowers the volume of the piano for quiet practise. I don't when Yamaha implemented that feature, but I'm pretty sure that it has been offered for at least
Jump to new posts Re: what is a piano strings expected life span? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinaOriginally Posted By: Dennis R in WAThanks for the quick reply. The piano will be moved into my apt living room for my own use. It was good to learn that some surface rust is not as bad as I feared. It sounds like
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by griffin2417 @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

Hi SwissM. I just want to wish your husband a speedy recovery from his surgery. I'll hold you both in my thoughts.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 01:41 PM

Ivan, I get the impression pretty much it is up to you. Do what you feel comfortable with. The way I see it if you pick something that is challenging it can useful for constructive feedback where to improve over an easier piece, even if you can't ma
Page 10 of 16 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano tuning hammer case
by schragermitchell
01/31/15 02:56 AM
Yamaha p115 !
by Yussnan84
01/31/15 02:53 AM
Advice?
by Saskatuner
01/31/15 02:28 AM
How do we teach phrasing
by piano_friend
01/30/15 11:12 PM
Octave stretch kind-of
by jim ialeggio
01/30/15 09:47 PM
Forum Stats
77938 Members
42 Forums
161080 Topics
2366179 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission