Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
157 registered (Almar, agent8698, alwatson, 36251, Albunea, Bambers, 44 invisible), 2013 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq - an audiophile experience by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By 8 Octaves Once you've learn how something is supposed to be played, I too prefer to have the crappy sounding recording of something properly done than an audiophile quality recording of an artificial piano sound that isn't exactl
Update. I got the Piano Designer app to work, at least for some time. I loaded the European Grand into all four slots: Select slot 'Concert Grand', select "European Grand" in app, go to the config tab in the app, and "Save to piano&qu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fair and unfair criticism by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By Isabelle1949Nothing can be more cruel than being insulted by the leader in a Master Class. Been there, had that done to me. I had one who literally hit my arms. It was q
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dodeka keyboard by gooddog @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

I don't see any benefit. It seems you find your way around the keyboard entirely visually without any tactile indicators. That might work for simpler pieces or improv but not more difficult classical music. Also, the keys seem awfully narrow which wo
Update: Connecting the phone to the LX-17 using a USB cable does not work. I've tried the following: 1. A -> MicroB ("phone cable") in the A (flat) port. 2. B -> A -> A-to-MicroB adapter in the B (square) port. 3. B-to-A adaptor
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

Anyway, I was just mesmerised by that toy ... I think the key word is ... toy. My local music store also had that keyboard on display. I choose to ignore it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Classical piano 4 hands by BDB @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

I see that elsewhere you mentioned playing a Moszkowski etude. Look into his op. 23, From Foreign Lands. They are exciting pieces of moderate difficulty.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steingraeber 138 by Silver Handprint @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

I've tried the following so far 1. Crane Freddy the Frog 2. Venta Airwasher Kuubel (LW45) 3. Vornado Evap40 Evaporative Humidifier 4. Essickair Space Saver 831000 5. Essickair Console HD409 6. Essickair Tower D46720 General notes • The coverag
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By Dave Horne[i] Start a new f****** thread. I will, another day, seems noone ever talks about it though, I don't know of anyone owning one here, seeing it is still a keyboard of sorts. Anyway, I was just mesmerised by that
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Maybe we are at cross purposes. I'm sticking to my guns. To my mind it's effectively the key activating the sensors. If the sensors were where they would be struck by the reciprocal weighted part of the hammer, i.e., the hammer 'head', then I'd agree
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fair and unfair criticism by JoelW @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By Isabelle1949Nothing can be more cruel than being insulted by the leader in a Master Class. Been there, had that done to me. I had one who literally hit my arms. It was quite shocking. I'd walk
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By EssBracePartly true for the wooden action Kawais and the Yamaha hybrids. But all others sense key press velocity. To my knowledge no other actions measure hammer velocity or position. Hmm, I'm pretty sure that is incorrect. Lo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dodeka keyboard by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

It looks like they replace conventional notation with something that looks like a piano roll with reference lines. With all the keys at the same height, there are no slide-offs and we lose the easy black key pentatonic scale. It looks sort of like
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Have a Look at what the ROLI seaboard is capable of in terms of musical articulation and expression in the world of synths via VSts, but also in producing real acoustic instruments like saxophones, string instruments etc sound very convincing indeed.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by JayGVan @ Yesterday at 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By EssBraceOriginally Posted By JayGVanOriginally Posted By EssBraceHi Jay Did you play a pre production RD-2000 before you left by any chance? No sir. I did not even hear a whisper about it. Jay Okay, interesting. I just wo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fair and unfair criticism by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Nothing can be more cruel than being insulted by the leader in a Master Class. Been there, had that done to me. I had one who literally hit my arms. It was quite shocking.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dodeka keyboard by Vid @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

Looks interesting but annoying that they dismiss the current system that has developed over centuries as being "stupid". The keys on their keyboard look too narrow to be practical.
The piano tone is called 'Power Grand' on the Yamaha workstations, or at least it's the same piano sample as Power Grand. I can't help you with the mush playing alongside the piano sound. As I said before in relation to the clip this Yamaha sound is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By SonatainfSharp Anything created is automatically and immediately copyrighted to the person who created the material work, period. Doesn't have to be registered, doesn't have to have a (c), nothing.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven in Havana by Music Me @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

As we say in Cuba "Tiene Sabor"! (translation: ...it has flavor...)
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By Gombessa...I just haven't seen any evidence that any modern hammer-weighted action cannot reliably generate hundreds, if not thousands of levels of velocity sensitivity. It's a physical mechanism, the key accelerates a hammer whi
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By JayGVanOriginally Posted By EssBraceHi Jay Did you play a pre production RD-2000 before you left by any chance? No sir. I did not even hear a whisper about it. Jay Okay, interesting. I just wondered because you have got y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Dodeka keyboard by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

New experimental Dodeka keyboard and music notation system. Any thoughts?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Loss of soundboard crown by HelloMrZebra @ Yesterday at 06:26 PM

How do technicians measure loss of crown? It is not discussed in great detail in my materials. I have been offered a 1928 Chickering 5'8" grand for free. It is meant to be a learning project and possibly a personal piano. It has a crack in the s
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By pianistje My Kawai is able to execute all 21 layers perfectly, but lesser actions could handle those 21 samples in an underwhelming fashion...i guess.... So that is my personal criterea for a good action and i believe that all c
Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Trouble reading Deck the hall sheet music
by LevelA
01/21/17 12:08 PM
Ship to Us from musicstore.de. Bad idea?
by KHen
01/21/17 09:44 AM
Ivory II Studio Grands + authorization without iLok
by CyberGene
01/21/17 07:14 AM
Synth decision Yamaha MX49, Roland JD-xi or Microkorg XL?
by markalien
01/21/17 06:47 AM
About the VPC1 hammer action
by Badboy
01/21/17 04:30 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,332 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,912 Topics
2,590,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission