Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
165 registered (accordeur, ajames, A Guy, Al LaPorte, 40 invisible), 1844 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Other Yamaha DGx 640/650 owners here ? by peterws @ Today at 08:03 AM

At the price it`s unbeatable imo. A Clavinova CVP would have facilities for muting backing tracks. Maybe the 660 will . . . . at the moment I rest content. Piano playing isn't my only hobby so really - the simpler the better. Recording couldn`t b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by Louis Podesta @ Today at 08:03 AM

As a classically trained pianist/scientific empiricist philosopher, I have waited (in regards this website, and its associated vilification of my thesis) for this very day. And, I knew that one day it would come. For the record, Dr. Mark Cannon is
Jump to new posts Re: New piano student by MossySF @ Today at 07:59 AM

I'm unsure what you're saying. 1) You've previously learned piano in the past on your own but just started official lessons and your teacher is teaching you Grade 5 material right now. 2) You've never learned before, just started lessons this month
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping cats away from piano? by Jytte @ Today at 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: MysteryMusicThat room (along with the dining room, which is also a no-cat zone) are where we keep the breakable objects on shelves, the nice furniture, the good rugs, the plants, the china, the Christmas tree with the glass/crys
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ask Santa for piano music? by Artur Gajewski @ Today at 07:40 AM

I didn't ask Santa for piano music, I asked for piano itself.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Odd Baldwin by John Pels @ Today at 07:36 AM

It was my understanding that this style was a "conservatory" version. It was likewise ebonized One of my students in the distant past acquired one and we moved it. My recollection was that it was essentially an M. There were no sonic ill ef
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Mark your calendars! by Rich Galassini @ Today at 07:30 AM

"How Its Made" is a documentary series that offers a glimpse into how products all around us are manufactured. You might remember that The Matchless Cunningham episode aired two months ago. Well, that all started when the producers had the
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by BubbaMc @ Today at 07:21 AM

My dealer will be fixing the key spacing issue under warranty. I'm told it's a known issue, Kawai Germany is advising my dealer on how to make the apparently very simple adjustment. Very happy with the customer service from Kawai and my dealer (Snad
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Harmonic Analysis by hreichgott @ Today at 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By: musicpassionOriginally Posted By: AZNpianoFor students on the CM path, they have to learn harmonic analysis all the way up to secondary dominants, Do you find that your students are generally playing secondary dominants long be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing at Senior Centers by hreichgott @ Today at 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By: OongawaI can play well enough to do this, but I have no memorized music, I can ONLY play from sheet music, and I cannot improvise. Do you all take music with you or do you have your pieces memorized? No one will mind if you u
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $3,400,000 PIANO by Rank Piano Amateur @ Today at 07:07 AM

Lots of things sell for amounts that have nothing to do with their intrinsic worth, such as stamps, coins, and paintings. . . . In a few years, when no one (alas) sees Casablanca any more, this piano will be worth a whole lot less. But as anyone wh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Technique for holding down chords by hreichgott @ Today at 07:03 AM

You could just try some dead-weight drops -- hold your hand outstretched over the keyboard, then relax all the muscles at once, letting your hand drop down onto the keys (doesn't matter what keys you hit.) That gets people used to making sound at the
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by Rich Galassini @ Today at 07:03 AM

Wow, I am only just seeing this now. Chasingrainbows, I have no idea what you are doing with this piano at this point, but you should not be in the position you are in right now. Some of the things you've shared simply don't make sense from a qual
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov Sonatas - 1 vs 2? by wr @ Today at 07:02 AM

The 2nd is better.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rameau by johan d @ Today at 06:56 AM

The piano will be delivered next weekend and was wondering if i could give it of polish of beeswax as we do with our "oak" stairway? Any idea it will be a good idea? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beeswax http://www.localhoney.co.uk/products/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Technique for holding down chords by anamnesis @ Today at 06:55 AM

Originally Posted By: DeadPoetsOriginally Posted By: anamnesisTo feel the structure of your bones, yet feel you relaxed you need to use the intrinsic muscles to support your hand on one hand and the shoulder/back at the other, like two ends of chain.
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 Rumours? by Marko in Boston @ Today at 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai James If I were a betting man, I'd put money on an RD-400, too. Well, not too sure about betting on a RD400 yet. How would you price an RD400 when the FA08 is already at $1,799US? I would imagine an RD400 would use
Pianist Corner
Here is MY take: In the late 19th early 20th century there was this Russian teacher overwhelmed by the bright, brittle and harsh tones of his piano under cold Russian weather. He was trying to convince his students to play with less volume but they
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Today at 06:38 AM

21. outo - Keyboard Sonata d minor K9 - Not much of a Scarlati fan, but I think you did a pleasant work. I love the chord progression starting at 00:56. Good job! 22. Daren - Pavane - Daren, thanks for bringing Hawes to this recital. This is a simpl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by Piano Doug @ Today at 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark_C Quote:You wouldn't have gotten so much better in the last 10-15 years without all that hard work. And that has equipped you with the ability to let go and really make music! That's a nice boost. I hope it's at least part
Piano Forum
I'm a Steingraeber owner, though I also love a good Steinway. FWIW, to me the key phrase in your comparative assessment is, "...incredibly easier to play, I didn't want to stop." Isn't that how you want to feel about the piano you'll play
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "cottage" piano hammers by ssenseney @ Today at 06:06 AM

Here is a picture. The dampers are all single dampers, no bird cage. The lowest 2 tenor strings are wound doubles. The next 3 are wound, and triple strings.
Jump to new posts Re: Other Yamaha DGx 640/650 owners here ? by Jytte @ Today at 06:03 AM

Hi, I'm also new here. I see you had a Yamaha PSR E433, so I'd like to ask you a few questions, if I may? I have a Yamaha PSR E313, almost 5 years now... and I've actually been very happy with it. 90% of the time I only play 'grand piano' (am still
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Steinway # 33414 by ssenseney @ Today at 06:00 AM

1876 vintage
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Compare Steinway, Estonia & Shigeru Kawai by Dara @ Today at 05:36 AM

Originally Posted By: NxwangWe spent almost whole day today to let my son tried many pianos. Now we have three choose. Could anyone give us some suggestion? Thanks a lot! 1, Steinway Model M, 1993, $38000 2, Estonia Model 168, new, $28000 3, Shi
Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Price of Knabe WMV-121?
by blackjack1777
11/26/14 04:36 PM
Audiobox USB vs Audiobox 22VSL
by mitzysman
11/26/14 04:33 PM
Production Grand
by mitzysman
11/26/14 04:05 PM
Have you seen this person/these people anywhere?
by Mark Davis
11/26/14 03:55 PM
Humming noise with MIDI-IN and LINE-IN
by Frédéric L
11/26/14 03:41 PM
Forum Stats
77053 Members
42 Forums
159378 Topics
2341169 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission