Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Mp7 advice / help by Banshee @ Yesterday at 11:24 AM

In addition to what James suggested you might also want to check the memory contents if the flash was successful and your EEPROMs are healthy. To do so, please perform a factory reset first (important), go to SYSTEM -> Reset -> Factory. Then t
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Green guitar comping. by rintincop @ Yesterday at 11:20 AM

Garner's bouncing quarter note technique... you can barely see that he's doing it even in slow motion video. His fingertips land allowing a slight rolling action on the fingertip pad and then his wrist gives a vertical lift. This vertical impulse
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Steinway event by Radio.Octave @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

This seems to happen yearly, even though the mention it's "the first time ever in northern Ohio." Not sure if this is worth checking out, or if it's just a typical sales ploy?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Isaac, Remember that general consensus on this forum is that "swings" refer to half-oscillations. So, if the hammer swings back and forth, then back = 1st swing forth = 2nd swings back = 3rd swing forth = 4th swing etc. etc. So 7 to 8 swin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by iLaw @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Deleted. (I realized after reading the other responses that BrianDX is probably more concerned about the local dealer's mark-up and profitability than Yamaha's). Larry.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

When you say, 10-15 percent of retail. Do you mean that you could buy the wood and metal bits for that and still have an unconstructed piano with no place to store it and no budget to ship it or market it? People just as smart as us (at Yamaha) ha
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

I see. It's crazy. And I guess the owners won't be happy with the results. Unless the bidder is a company with 4 tuners available which will tune 4/5 pianos per day each...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Some Questions About "Piano Magic" by newbert @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

I'm an adult beginner who has taken up piano after a 45 year lapse. As a child I had a few years of formal piano instruction, which taught me to read music and play from scores (only). Although I've picked up much of what I had learned back then on
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by kbing @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

USER LOCATION: Manistique, MI USA MAKE: Kawai MODEL: CE220 CONDITION: New (B stock) PRICE PAID: $1499.00 (No Tax) DELIVERY CHARGE: 0 VENDOR LOCATION: Milwaukee area, Internet VENDOR NAME: Kraft Music PURCHASE DATE: 10-21-2014 Hoping my choice to go
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by UnrightTooner @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: BobThe job: Tune 105 pianos, twice a year, in 30 locations spread over an area of several hundred square miles. Tune at A=440, minor voicing, check action, adjust pedals and dampers, tighten bench legs, tighten/replace hardwa
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by alfredo capurso @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: EmmeryAlfredo... for many of us techs beatless is beatless, its like virginity; there arn't different degrees of it.... its a plain "is" or "it isn't" type of affair. I actually dislike hearing that term bein
Jump to new posts Re: Explanation article - False Beats by prout @ Yesterday at 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: jim ialeggio I guess my question is how does a string know what a direct vertical blow is? Jim Ialeggio Being round, the string is struck (theoretically) at a zero dimensional point, or a one dimensional line segment. This
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by David Farley @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

Many pipe organ voices are imitations of "real" instruments (strings, brass, etc.) so if you have some basic "pipe organ" mixes that are usually included (foundations and foundations with mixtures) you could probably fake it with
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

The year has 365 days. Half a year has is about 183 days. There are 105 pianos. On a well made schedule you have enough time available with only one piano tuned each day! Why do they want all the pianos to be tuned the same week?
Jump to new posts Re: How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Yes, springs add water to the analogy. That is a good point. I was taught the swings are less, but I really like a sensitive touch. 9 swings does not make noise. Also, we must consider current humidity. 9 swings in summer is not good because in wint
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by Emmery @ Yesterday at 10:35 AM

Ian, I am sure vitality is a worthwile endeavor to rectify on a piano, expecially if it dreadfully lacks it...I think however, the approach of tweaking unisons is 2/3 hearted, leaving the single strings untouched....do we end up with an ugly transiti
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by dewster @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: anotherscottWhy do you think pipe organ emulation with stops would be so much easier/cheaper than tonewheel organ emulation with drawbars? Actually, if tonewheel emulation in present (layered voices with mixing) adding a stopped
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by ColinDS @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

Can you suggest a good MIDI box with good pipe organ sounds? My friend is not too technical so things like Hauptwerk running through a computer are out of the question.
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

I would not be surprised to see this institution trade all the pianos for digital ones within five years. The conclusion they will draw from "service" provided by this contract is that pianos do not stay in tune and are unreliable.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Mp7 advice / help by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:20 AM

IMOL, please try turning the MP7 on while holding the STORE button. The OS version number will be shown in the LCD display. If this is v1.05, the update was successful and you are using the latest publicly available OS. If you still hear something u
Have fun with your purchase! There's really nothing wrong with the CE220. Another couple of years and the new models will likely outclass anything sold today just like the CE220 was high end not long ago.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can Classical Study and "Chord Playing" Co-exist? by gingko2 @ Yesterday at 10:14 AM

Time and focus are limiting factors. What skills are most important to you? Sure, you can do it all, but maybe not all at once. Just try to have productive practice sessions. Making pieces sound musical and being able to read well are most impor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by ando @ Yesterday at 10:08 AM

I can hardly believe he's gone. Like a few others, I thought Marty was pulling another dramatic stunt and he'd return sometime later and act like nothing had happened. I wish that were true. I hope this isn't construed in a disrespectful way, but I'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Pianniversary by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:05 AM

One day.....
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

Come on Brian, let it go. Mr Super Hunky has the very best intentions and I have not a single doubt that your recording will be real to him as well. Let us please leave this behind us. You are allowed to do anything as long as you keep the goal of th
Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is this a real Steinway?
by chernobieff
10/21/14 11:51 PM
DGX-650 TOPIC
by Jtreimer
10/21/14 11:24 PM
Janko keyboard video
by Michael Sayers
10/21/14 08:28 PM
RECOVERING PIANO HAMMERS
by Steinway K
10/21/14 07:31 PM
Help with forum for Musette in D Major...
by ieatglitter14
10/21/14 05:27 PM
Who's Online
115 registered (anadyr21, accordeur, 36251, A Guy, 31 invisible), 1281 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158405 Topics
2326236 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission