Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
95 registered (36251, alerique, al reds, accordeur, 30 invisible), 1464 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
I have a technical question. I've noticed I hit a speed bump on MM17 in the LH. I think I could improve the fingering, but everything I've tried feels awkward. Here's what I'm using... i - Low B octave - 5-1 ii - ACF#A - 5421 iii - GBD#F# - 5321
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by CarlosCC @ Today at 06:02 AM

Good news Monica I've got tickets to see Ludovico's show here, in Lisbon, next 21st April!
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Hendrik42I wonder: the students who do not practice at all, do they last long? Like, more than a year? And if they last long, there is some progress, right? I find that if a student is well taught and has an adequate lesson tim
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts playing minuets by iamanders @ Today at 05:38 AM

Hi fellow piano players! I've been practising some minuets lately. One thing that always comes up in my mind is: music should be natural (even though you need practice). In some music you may play a rhythm that sounds like a train or you have field h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Rerun @ Today at 05:36 AM

Having listened to some pop since the 50s, it appears to me that the evolution of it has more to do with what artists are doing differently with rhythm/catchy beat than say one artist out-singing or playing an instrument better than another even tho
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Harpsichord Key Width by musicpassion @ Today at 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By BDB There is information here. Excellent information in that article. The modern reproduction harpsichords I've played tend toward a narrower octave (smaller keys), but I've never measured. Harpsichords and certain pipe organs
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: encore career? by Sam S @ Today at 05:34 AM

Update! I passed the last of the PTG RPT technical exams yesterday. I started back in October, but failed the vertical regulation test - was not prepared for how much the model was screwed up by the examiners! Did well on the grand regulation and rep
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Harpsichord Key Width by CJM @ Today at 05:30 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveWere the keys narrower on harpsichords in the early 1700s? (compared to a modern piano) I can't say for all of course, but my harpsichord (based on one by Nicolaus Bach from around that time) certainly has narrower k
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Nikolas @ Today at 04:45 AM

While I'm quoting both wr and Greg, I'm not actually referring to these two. Originally Posted By wrOriginally Posted By laguna_greg Although, there are a few objective distinctions one can draw. Pop music is quite unsophisticated compositionally,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Awkward songs and time spent! by peterws @ Today at 04:43 AM

Considerable time spent! Schumann 28 2 is a truly lovely piece, but it comes at a price. Time! Now if you see how the music is written, (3 staves) youll know what I mean. So I tries to write it in two. I got the first couple o bars done and that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 04:32 AM

I have to chuckle a bit here. I was roped into a "Super Bowl" party and have no interest whatsoever in Football ... or pop music. But I have to agree .. the game wobbled on for hours and Lady Gaga did indeed offer a bright moment. I no
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-30 or Roland F140R by peterws @ Today at 04:30 AM

Hop on a boat to Liverpool, you should get one there. Talking about tha FP 30, sounds like a good un and its new. If you needed to sell it on youd get what wbat you paid for it. Youd have to think about a stand though. I think youd enjoy that pian
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Jen WeirOriginally Posted By INBostonJen, I agree with everyone's critique about the sustain pedal or legato (or both). I feel like you could use a bit more of both. It could be the recording in combination with using a keyboard
Piano Teachers Forum
I wonder: the students who do not practice at all, do they last long? Like, more than a year? And if they last long, there is some progress, right?
Jump to new posts Re: Brass Spring Wire by RonB3 @ Today at 04:20 AM

BDB, I looked at the web site and I will be emailing and calling them every day until they reply. They have the brass spring wire in both .032" and .036" in 133' and 100' lengths respectively for $32.50 each. I believe you have led me the r
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by casinitaly @ Today at 04:09 AM

Frank- which airport are you and Kathy flying in and out of ? Once you pick your hotel I'll write up directions for you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by earlofmar @ Today at 04:07 AM

looking forward to the opening of the recital to see what everyone has been up to.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by outo @ Today at 03:54 AM

Done...I had to submit a sort of a trial recording because it is unlikely that I will have the opportunity to record again until deadline...Better to do it now than miss the whole thing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by outo @ Today at 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By Ganddalf Quite different rules in themed recitals like the upcoming Baroque Recital. There you can make more than one submission. Actually not the Baroque one unless we end up changing the rules. We decided for only one submi
Jump to new posts Re: Brass Spring Wire by RonB3 @ Today at 03:50 AM

phacke, I am interested in both C510 Bronze Alloy Wire and C519 Phosphor Bronze, but the temper or hardness is also key. Some manufacture specs list the temper I am looking for as H08 and some call it full-hard and some call it spring. I cannot find
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoloverusNot a Sonata but quite sensational....his Capriccio in G major. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5uRYySwgR0 Magnificient! Very fun to listen to. Somehow it makes me think about Beethoven's Eroica variations.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 2/9/14 by Nahum @ Today at 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By DfrankjazzIn the snow One can only imagine: Buxtehude, covered in snow; organ, covered in snow; public ...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Weird Pianoworld Internet Problem Solved by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:46 AM

Just in case this happens to someone else, here's the story: I had a very strange thing happen trying to log onto Pianoworld on my new machine at home. Type in pianoworld, or google it, and instead it would pop over to facebook, or maybe it was a
Pianist Corner
Another unknown gem: A flat major Hob.XVI: 46.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by Ganddalf @ Today at 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By cathryn999Woot! I did it. Two pieces. I'm not afraid of no stupid red dot! (brrtt, I am so!!). But I was brave, both first takes, one sight reading and playing for the first time (not really what the recital is for, it was just a
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
PROBLEMS WITH NEW PIANOS...
by Norbert
02/13/16 08:19 PM
Practice
by ee375
02/13/16 07:30 PM
Moskowski F major op 72 6 vs Chopin op 25 12?. Which is more
by rov
02/13/16 03:58 PM
Boston 118 Piano?
by Kenan
02/13/16 03:58 PM
Need Recommendations
by jimpeggins
02/13/16 03:52 PM
Forum Stats
82,584 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,483 Topics
2,495,106 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission