Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Top selling self-taught pianists? by 4evrBeginR @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave BDidn't Glen Gould claim to be "completely self taught?" No far from it. Glenn Gould was very much in mode of your typical concert pianist studied from a young age through conservatory. Even his strange style o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about Chopin Nocturne Op. 27 No. 2 in D Flat Minor by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

It's a pretty hard nocturne, despite starting out so gently. If I recall correctly, you're self-taught, yes? And also fairly new, yes? You might want to start with another nocturne to give you a more manageable toe-dip into Chopin. There's just s
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts song i wrote. people in clubs love it by jedplays @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7aLVNdFWLI tell me what you think!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Walters piano by Colleen05 @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Thanks guys! No, I don't live near Philadelphia, I'm in Connecticut. But I do have relatives in Pennsylvania. Maybe I'll plan a visit.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences? by puff @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

You can download both manuals from Kawai. 4. Pedals.draw You can get the triple ped as an accessory. 5. Setups.draw Not much of an issue as you can use USB stick to add more. 7. Sound Engine. MP7 win The Hammond sim is very good - if you need
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Wise words.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Uneven key balance by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Ya, there are other things, that if not corrected, will cause a lot more problems than front or back heavy keys.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Fazioli "factory tour" video. by R_B @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SmLkRyxgh1U I was a little surprised at how "modern" the factory is, although I knew that they started in early 1980s. Not ALL HAND CRAFTED, intelligent use of power tools and auto
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
in an old upright, 15 year old Yago_Sangria and it was sour
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

I absolutely second what Heather said. What would be wrong with a charming piece you played a few years ago? Certainly, you would play it better now, and there's NOTHING wrong--and everything right--with a simpler piece played wonderfully by an adv
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pinblocks & bridges... How long do they last? by Piano Practice @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

Good input... Thanks everyone! (Keep the feedback coming! Good advice!)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart K310 fingering by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesI have three copies of this sonata. Presser, Weiner, and Henle. All three have the C as a quarter note. What I was doing was hitting the C with the right hand, and then clearing off, LH comes in and holds the sec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!! by Dave B @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

She plays it like a prayer
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

It really all comes down to what's more important to you. Do you need more sounds? Do you need something you can move by yourself? Do you need something portable, but only once in a while? Do you need a great action? Perhaps rate these options on a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 3/4 time for 6/8 time comping patterns? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:04 PM

Standard chord patterns often don't work well for hymns since they tend to be written in note-for-note harmonization -- the chord can change every time the melody goes to a new note. If your playing abilities are limited and you're accompanying singi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Top selling self-taught pianists? by Dave B @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Didn't Glen Gould claim to be "completely self taught?" If you've ever seen George Winston live, you'd know his technical ability is on par with most classical concert pianist.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spinoff: What do we think of "technique seminars"? by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Thanks for the concern. Trust me, it scares me, too. The last thing I want to do, now that I've re-found piano, is to have to put it aside for a while. Or, worse, really blow it and end up with a chronic problem that never really goes away and con
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial v Steinway D by A443 @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

@Keith D Kerman, lol...there is a lot of truth in a joke, that's what makes it funny (i.e., like Minnesota Marty's signature: it's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one)! And, with a 290, the capo section can often be outright ugly wi
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Piano Science by venice1 @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

I wasn't quite sure which forum to post this matter in but would like to share some links about thoughts from physicist Matt Grayson concerning music recognition and the blog post which triggered his response by physicist Tommaso Dorigo who also play
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial v Steinway D by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Somehow I don't think that Katy has the same bass range as the Bosey. Voicing by doggie -- Who da thunk it.
Jump to new posts Re: Just got my MP11! by Dan Clark @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Attached are two drawings of what the shelves should look like. The first is an overview showing the DP shelf with the front facing. I'll try to stain to match the color MP11 side wood. The second pic shows the details of the slider without the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

PikaPianist, the waltz in F# is wonderful. Such panache. I've listened a few times Thanks everyone for the kind comments on my Seasons recordings. I had learned some of the other months previously but used this recital as a worthy excuse to pick up
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Supporting young student by Cardinal201 @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

AZNpiano and hreichgott, thank you both, as well! Unfortunately, the teacher does not allow lessons to be recorded. My son does practice after his weekly lesson--I will encourage him to reflect on and translate his teacher's instructions into a ver
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial v Steinway D by Keith D Kerman @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

Quote:@Keith D Kerman, she's actually not strategically placed to absorb some of the upper partials--which is a common irritant with 290. I was making a joke My Alaskan Malamute wants to know why she doesn't get to lie on the piano!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial v Steinway D by A443 @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

lol...that treble pin warmer is Katy; she just turned 12 and she loves the piano! @Keith D Kerman, she's actually not strategically placed to absorb some of the upper partials--which is a common irritant with 290. That is simply how I have th
Page 10 of 23 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
151 registered (Adam Coleman, accordeur, 36251, Al LaPorte, 46 invisible), 1636 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74248 Members
42 Forums
153579 Topics
2250834 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This day, last year...
by TwoSnowflakes
23 minutes 29 seconds ago
the government and tuning.
by kc_lee
Today at 12:33 PM
Midi controller with a good keybed under 1000$
by Ov3rload
Today at 11:55 AM
Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber
by Keith D Kerman
Today at 11:51 AM
Keyboard stand
by david_ka
Today at 09:42 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission