Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisHow far from the edge did you place your strip of wood on which the weights were sitting? That's what I meant by normalising. Instead of trying to balance on the tip (and you must have been at least a fraction in) you c
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Claude Debussy: Valse romantique (1890) by danielcarr @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

Wonderful playing. Clear, clean pedaling. Nice "pearly" tone in middle section. Definitely show this as early Debussy -- with hints of Impressioism to come. Also like left hand-playing around 3:06. Looking forward to hearing more of yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by Starr Keys @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

I'm not at the recording stage yet. I thought I had my arrangement for a vocal version of Emily set and just needed to polish up the piano solo sections a bit, but once again I was inspired by another ABF member's abilities to try to raise the bar a
Jump to new posts piano contest Clavinova by wkurashima @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Check this out! I'm plaing YAMAHA Clavinova CLP440 and entered Van Cliburn video contest 2014 for amatuer pianists. Url link is my video entry: http://www.cliburn.org/competitions/amateur-competition/amateur-video-contest/submit-video/#!/entry/7
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts video contest by wkurashima @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Check this out! I'm plaing YAMAHA Clavinova CLP440 and entered Van Cliburn video contest 2014 for amatuer pianists. Url link is my video entry: http://www.cliburn.org/competitions/amateur-competition/amateur-video-contest/submit-video/#!/entry/7
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
That is the pure awesomeness of having flexible unison types: DOA, like the people, don't move very much, and when they do, the death rattle can be an intense experience for the observer! Colour Unisons have the ability to move in both directions,
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: Mazurka in G-sharp minor, Op. 33 No. 1 by danielcarr @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

Definitely a good start. Would like to get more of a dance-like feel. The true "mazurka" accent on 3rd beat feel. And perhaps a bit less pedaling. Has some nice phrasing and impressive to hear after only 1 day of working on it. Looking
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamp for Piano by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

The thing is, you need a lamp that isn't going to rattle and buzz. A floor lamp with a reflector spot bulb is a safer choice if you have a big vibration problem. But I've done OK with a swing arm halogen desk lamp. It has a heavy solid base, which
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by bennevis @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

A pianist played Mozart's K545 on the composer's own Walter fortepiano beautifully - so beautifully that the ancient instrument felt obliged to compliment the pianist on his grasp of its master's music. The pianist replied with pride, "It's my
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Paul678Originally Posted By: carey Sent you a PM. I didn't see it? You will now.....
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by bennevis @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: dire tonicOriginally Posted By: bennevisI think people are measuring their key weights in a different manner here. I measured mine down to and not beyond the let-off notch. I see no evidence of differences that can't be fully
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: DamonThat would have been funnier if it had been funny. No kidding. That wasn't even a joke.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Ksi @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

I will repeat myself - I am so glad I found you all! You talk about pianos as if they are living creatures, with such love! How wonderful and right! Well, to update - I just spoke with a technician, and he will do an appraisal for $70. Not bad
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Proper chunking method by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

In some music, phrases and measures line up, but often the phrase boundaries aren't on the bar lines. A lot of Cole Porter's stuff is like that. I like to do chunks of a phrase or two, plus the first note or chord of the next phrase. The start poi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

-What do you get when you throw a piano down a mineshaft? -A flat miner.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got my piano by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

I'm growing more blonde these days too... Nice picture. Nice piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital keyboard actions and price range question. by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles Cohen From what I read on this forum, there's no digital piano that would make the grade, yet. "bennevis" (on this forum) loves his Roland V-Piano, but he doesn't quite say: . . . This plays and sounds like
Setting the temperament for Prout's smiley unison is a bit easier too.
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by gynnis @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

I find the width of the unisons depends a lot on the piano. I tune my Seiler pretty wide since it has a pretty short resonance time (although pulling the pitch back to 440 from 438 seems to have fixed that to some extent). My Chickering I tune narr
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by gynnis @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Thanks, I'll look it up. Something like Kirnberger III is probably too strong for this era. My thinking was that if Viennese unisons could "pull" the pitch a bit, it might interact with the temperament especially in the area of the "
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: teaching in a studio vs independently from home by TimR @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: malkinAsk the studio about their benefits package for employees! And bonuses! There is probably a decent Christmas bonus, at least 15% of salary would be reasonable.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: carey Sent you a PM. I didn't see it?
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by A443 @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyAm I beginning to sense a bias here? I remember noting a favoritism towards... what was it... a Japanese chisel or some such thing? No, that is not a bias, that is the expression of my experience. Yamaha pianos, for exam
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by gsmonks @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: A443Composition in university is approached differently these days, than in the past. These days, in America, it is more about bashing and thrashing around without functional knowledge, and that is indeed in an attempt not dupli
Jump to new posts Re: USB hub recommendations? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: David FarleyDitto on the powered hub. Save yourself some headaches up front. - thanks, even Amazon's feedback is hinting at that. It's in the balance...
Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
61 registered (AndrewJCW, Allard, bennevis, beeboss, barbaram, 19 invisible), 1205 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75581 Members
42 Forums
156278 Topics
2295077 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help with dynamics
by noobpianist90
Today at 03:53 AM
Using Kawai MP6 faders/knobs with virtual instruments?
by chicolom
Today at 02:35 AM
Coming up with new compositional methods.
by gsmonks
Today at 01:58 AM
Impromptu in A
by Ritzycat
Today at 12:42 AM
what do you think piano teachers about it?
by Maximillyan
Today at 12:15 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission