Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
94 registered (AndrewJCW, anotherscott, augustm, Augustina, Al LaPorte, 36251, 25 invisible), 1245 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by Hitry Plan @ Yesterday at 05:49 AM

Bumpity bumpy bump
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progressive Beat Speeds Tuned Aurally in One Pass! by Mark R. @ Yesterday at 05:45 AM

Mark, I don't want to cry "wolf" (yes, pun intended), but I think there is something seriously wrong with G#3-D#3.
Adult Beginners Forum
Interesting video. Indeed, even I can hear the differences. I have no idea how the Hungarian Rhapsody is played but can you tell me what is the relevance of the "faking with both hands" comment? What exactly are they faking? And anyway, if
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 v1.07 software update by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 05:29 AM

Updated worked without issues, like the last two (or so) I did. Now I need a upgrade for my left hand, it is still slower then my right...
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Windows 10 by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFudd... But now that they've decided to stop monetizing the OS I'll give 10 a try. Stopped? They have just started. You can not play Solitaire on Windows 10 without looking at ads or buying a subscription...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By DoelKeesOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPT Is that what you are doing; calculating the m3/M3 equality based on formula? That's what I did but there is a choice to be made for the B valu
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca67 vs acoustic piano by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By origen... With that said, acoustic pianos are a nice thing to have in addition to a digital, not the other way around. ... To the point. I'll steal that. :-)
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Pianos by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By debussychopin the kawais i have dealt with (older ones like ES4) have an issue of the black keys crackling 'cracking' 'scratching' sounds when you play them . not sure if they addressed this with newer models. but if not, I won't
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 05:03 AM

Originally Posted By Charles Cohen Congratulations on finding a DP that you like, for _less_ than you expected to spend. Thats always great, isn't it? When we started into the "Can I have a piano, dad", I was also starting with higher expe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sabre Dance by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 05:01 AM

This is a very tricky subject. Most will tell you to practice slowly. However if you practice slowly only you will finally play the piece slowly as well. Cranking up the metronome after that will not be effective and give you maybe a doubling of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What These Markings Indicate? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 04:56 AM

BTW I'm sure you can play the 2nd page note perfect
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What These Markings Indicate? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 04:48 AM

Yes FIN is the end, but after the repeat.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video on the Value of Slow Practice by Celdor @ Yesterday at 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90Originally Posted By johan dVery nice video, but very contradictory against many people here about learning without metronome is better. As a beginner I can ask what to believe...As with most tips, don't believe...try it yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- Call For Submissions by PikaPianist @ Yesterday at 04:26 AM

Submitted
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 04:21 AM

Caro Giacomo, la torts era buonissimo, deliziosa! Ti ringrazio per gli auguri! Thanks Cathy!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- Call For Submissions by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 04:17 AM

Not in my case I have been ready to record for a couple of weeks,in terms of piece preoaration, but haven't felt like recording. I will probably do it in the next day or so.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My music by larryz @ Yesterday at 04:13 AM

I like your music. The first piece (piano only) is a set of variations. Where each variation is varied by rules governed by the minimalistic style(1). If my assessment of the style and form of you piece is correct, and you dont suffer some hubris t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video on the Value of Slow Practice by tangleweeds @ Yesterday at 04:10 AM

Yes, thank you SwissMS for the slow pracice video. It also arrived on my screen at a very opportune moment. It's been quite a while since I've played my piano, so it was a timely reminder of how to get started on the right foot.
Piano Forum
If a piano's action/touch is extremely responsive (like that of a Steinways)... does that also mean that while holding down chords you will feel much more resistance at the bottom? And with this in mind how would I go about searching for a piano th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you practice scales and arpeggios staccato? by tbonesays @ Yesterday at 04:05 AM

Well I tried them super staccato and it was like going back to day 1 (Jan 3rd for me). Every thumb tuck and finger roll had to be relearned.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Teaching Friends' Kids by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:57 AM

I knew this day would come. Finally, my friends' kids are growing up and getting to that age when they want to start piano. But I'm hesitant to take these kids on as students. I think being friends with the kids' parents somehow would compromise t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older! by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By musicpassion I'm not saying there is anything wrong with teaching 4 year olds, but I wouldn't enjoy it and I haven't studied how to do it. Personally, I won't teach any kid who can't sit for 30 minutes. My friend asked me if I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: visited Pianoworks this week by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 03:50 AM

Thank you for the report, Owen. Sam and his father Don are definitely "good people". They are knowledgable and happy to share. At some point I MUST get to Atlanta to see their place myself. Cheers!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older! by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By littlebirdblueI think it's rather unethical for music schools to accept young students who aren't developmentally ready for traditional lessons and place them with teachers who do not have early childhood music training. Yet th
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI VPC1 troubleshooting by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By Curtin1130Does anybody has solution for this? Kindly share with me Are you, like the OP, using UVI+Ravenscroft?
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
quality digital piano
by dbelmont2
08/01/15 12:02 AM
Note with multiple beams in sheet music
by rnd34
07/31/15 11:46 PM
New midi keys for Sibelius
by Woodtrpt
07/31/15 11:38 PM
How to deal with parent during my "break"
by chasingrainbows
07/31/15 09:38 PM
How Effective is the Practice Pedal?
by Dwscamel
07/31/15 09:08 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,214 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,899 Topics
2,431,748 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission