Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
60 registered (AZNpiano, AndrewJCW, Alexjr1543, AZ_Astro, 18 invisible), 1210 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3? by Man @ Yesterday at 04:50 AM

According to an old thread, it is the precessor to the RX-3. Is it correct to think that "Artisan" means highest care, such as in Shigeru Kawais? http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...oder%20rin.html
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What makes a Steinway a Steinway? by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 04:50 AM

As I heard from my technician, Steinway builds the whole instrument under tension. Even the keybed is not flat so it is under tension when fitted. The angle of the left end of the cabinet is not 90 degrees but a bit bigger because of stress they buil
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U1 regulation enigma by lordauriel @ Yesterday at 04:23 AM

yep I just found yamaha's U1 regulation specification paper from 2004.. 3mm letoff, 15mm checking and 47mm blow distance, 10mm key dip. That's not QUITE what I've got, to say it mildly. Well no wonder that thing feels like you're taming a donkey whe
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Word to the wise culled from having done much reading in the digital/keyboard forum, the ideal time to get some feel for how long a DP might last without needing repairs, is at the shop/store AFTER having spent considerable time playing/testing as ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about time signatures by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 04:00 AM

You should play 4/4 as STRONG weak Medium weak. There is a natural accent on the first beat and a slightly weaker accent on the third beat. 2/4 goes STRONG weak STRONG weak. It feels more like there are only two beats. Think of a march where count on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Question about time signatures by A7x @ Yesterday at 03:37 AM

Okay, so i've looked at quite a few youtube videos explaining time signatures and i think i've grasped it quite well, however i do have one question still that i couldn't really find the answer to. So here it is: Say for example, the time signature
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding between CA67 (maybe CA97) and HP605 by Coolname @ Yesterday at 03:31 AM

Thanks for all the comments on this point to far. The point is that ppp seems possible on the Kawai too, if the volume is turned down enough. However, then there is obviously limitations in the max. sound. So, if the volume is set to such a level tha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What makes a Steinway a Steinway? by BDB @ Yesterday at 02:59 AM

I would say that most non-Steinway rebuilders do a worse job than Steinway. Steinway calls rebuilds done with non-Steinway parts not Steinways, but any rebuilder can get Steinway parts.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What makes a Steinway a Steinway? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 02:19 AM

A name is only a name. Whether you call it a Steinway or not, doesn't change what it is. Steinway chooses to not call any rebuild not done by them a Steinway. And this, even though non-Steinway rebuilders do a better job than Steinway. But it's just
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: American music pre-1900 by Nahum @ Yesterday at 02:16 AM

Do not forget the American Chopin - Louis Moreau Gottschalk.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Summer Piano Practice Challenge by Medden @ Yesterday at 02:09 AM

Found a fun challenge on twitter. #30daysofpiano You can read more about it here http://www.pianotv.net/2016/07/vlog-30-day-piano-practice-challenge/ The videos on this site are also very good for beginners.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Aural Tuning Lessons - How Often? by DanS @ Yesterday at 01:51 AM

Thanks for the responses! Lots of good info here. I have a Kimball upright to practice tuning on, and a Steinway A, but I only touch up the unisons there. I also practice tuning on a few other pianos. I understand all the checks (or at least the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Ralphiano @ Yesterday at 01:49 AM

I haven't posted any performances in a while, as I've had a little uptick in the difficulty of the pieces I am working on. I recently enjoyed one of my periodic forays into the local mega mega used bookstore and came upon a couple of gems. The first
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain, David Rosenthal, Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
EBVT for Concerts, Revisited
by Cinnamonbear
07/30/16 12:28 AM
Dgx 630 vs px130
by Bolster
07/29/16 11:57 PM
DD wants to pursue a career in piano
by Momz
07/29/16 11:50 PM
Digital pianos actions today vs 20+ years ago
by ZMaestro
07/29/16 08:06 PM
How can I improve my memory?, any tips
by rov
07/29/16 06:51 PM
Forum Stats
84,461 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,220 Topics
2,544,038 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission