Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I seek exercises for piano by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: keystringOriginally Posted By: Bennzrtf90, Thank you for explaining what you meant. Certainly, there are different schools of thought and one pianist may say "do this", and another says, "NO, never do that, do thi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moonlight Sonata by Quietly Alive @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

Hello All, I'm new to the Forum so go easy on me please, the only gripe I had with this thread is its in adult beginner forum and I think Firefinch is far from a beginner, (that's a complement) I still class myself as a beginner, I got to grade 5 abr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

Thanks Allard, my browser is happy. Sounds good. Maybe back off the RH at 3:30, the repeased notes are too much IMHO, the LH has more interesting things at a few places.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Stefo @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

As a self taught beginner (been playing for about six months), I am enjoying very small things :D . I tried to play this piece of music about a month ago, and failed miserably. Last week, I managed to play trough the first minute (not well, but with
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: kenjazzOriginally Posted By: wouter79I like that happy Autumn Leaves Waltz. I don't dance but is it a bit fast for a waltz? Thank you Wouter79. I should clarify that this is a jazz waltz as opposed to a regular waltz. Jazz s
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss by Tango Vic @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Gadzar! Good, so long as I can hear it, I'm sure I'll be able to learn to distinguish the beats. Thanks again for your fast answer! Vic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

Next time we get to feeling that S&S is being unfair in what little they try to hold on to, think about all of the USA manufacturers that have total aftermarket control. There is inconsistency in a system that says it's okay for you or I to compl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr Super-Hunky09. wouter79 - Romanian Folk Dances (Sz. 56, BB 68) I'm always impressed with your playing and attention to detail Wouter. This is another excellent example. Thanks! Originally Posted By: Allard 09. wouter79 - Ro
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Bill Evans - Bill Evans master class by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: mc9320For me, simply the most magical touch of any jazz pianist ever.. Among jazz pianists, in touch, he was one of the greats . . . however I would place Art Tatum higher in that regard, I wouldn't go as far as you do!
Jump to new posts Re: Pin block not contacting plate flange by Bob @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

No....It's not a Kawai.....I would imagine a plate flange adds stability to the plate, helping prevent the plate bowing higher or lower in the middle. A rocking pin block has a different type of instability than stretching strings of a newer piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Different Keys Without Playing Scales by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Starr KeysOriginally Posted By: GreenerDid you need to really practice and know a C major scale well, in order to play a piece written in C? No. Same applies to all other keys. Follow the score if you read, or follow the lead
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in method books. by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

Chris-- Perhaps it's the type of students I accept into my studio, but I'm not noticing that particular problem among my own students. In fact, I am trying to get the kids to stay in method books for as long as possible. My personal preference is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I seek exercises for piano by Benn @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

I am glad you got it straightened out, keystrong!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by James Carney @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

It's a bit of a shame that this thread wasn't titled "Hybrid Piano Wire" or "Paulello wire" as there is a great deal of excellent information here for future readers - on a subject that very few people know much about. I'm just
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: A443 I will fly the c.5000 miles--at my own expense--to demonstrate how I would have serviced that piano, given the institutional setting. Since words will not suffice, that is the only way we are going to know if the sound coul
Pianist Corner
Pistos, Everyone here has made good suggestions. I have a very simple one, which my teacher showed me for this piece specifically. Every time there is a repeated note, play the first one away from you, towards the fallboard, and the second one clos
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 275 by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 02:49 PM

To A443, I will be in Vienna again late this year. If you are there at that time I would love to meet you in person.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 275 by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFive So are you saying the 280 is a bad piano? Maybe my earlier statement was wrong, then. phantomFive, Although I am not speaking for A443, I do suspect that he is saying that to the Viennese, it is a departure from w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I seek exercises for piano by keystring @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Bennzrtf90, Thank you for explaining what you meant. Certainly, there are different schools of thought and one pianist may say "do this", and another says, "NO, never do that, do this instead." Who does a per
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: musicpassionBTW, have you researched your rebuilder carefully? There is a huge variance in quality of work. Great advice. +1
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I seek exercises for piano by Benn @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

zrtf90, Thank you for explaining what you meant. Certainly, there are different schools of thought and one pianist may say "do this", and another says, "NO, never do that, do this instead." Who does a person listen to? Each person
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "And This Is My Beloved" from Kismet by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: CinnamonbearActually, Bruce, I did *not* know that! You're kidding! I guess you're not. I first learned this 'tune' way back in summer camp. We were lucky to have a counselor at the camp who was a g
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "And This Is My Beloved" from Kismet by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: BruceD[...] Such a favourite of mine is this work that I have three recordings: The original (1953), featured Alfred Drake, Doretta Morrow, Joan Diener and Richard Kiley, originally on Columbia (CBS) (Columbia CK 32605). Anot
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel by musicpassion @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

With the rest of the story... I think it's reasonable to spend some money fixing the piano and see if you like it. If so, keep it. If not, sell it. BTW, have you researched your rebuilder carefully? There is a huge variance in quality of work.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in method books. by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 02:21 PM

Chris, my students never leave my studio without having played through the music being assigned and understanding the new concepts being presented. So I guess the question should be, how long does it take to introduce a new concept/topic at the less
Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
80 registered (Allard, AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, 21 invisible), 1052 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157227 Topics
2309233 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
"railroad track" symbol in Debussy
by Eric NYC
09/02/14 02:52 AM
P155 or FA-08
by Yussnan84
09/02/14 01:59 AM
Blac
by Aviram
09/01/14 11:56 PM
Blackbird - Piano Cover - The Beatles
by Aviram
09/01/14 11:49 PM
Kawai CA95 Recordings
by wolferblade
09/01/14 11:32 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission