Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
78 registered (ando, Bortholomew, Brian Jenkins, Brinestone, 19 invisible), 1583 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Piano90X... I have never seen a comment from someone who spent a significant amount of money on a piano and who later regretted it. Cool. How much do I have to spend to make sure I will not regret it?
Piano Forum
Jacobs Music in Chadds Ford PA if you are interested in Yamaha or Steinway...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Worth it for Part-time Tuner to Join PTG as Associate? by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 09:01 AM

I too was shown the basics, then learned the rest by working on the process alone. 50 years later I'm still learning tricks and refinements. I found that books with tables of numbers and formulas were discouraging and frustrating. I just went with w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for new pieces! by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

When I was a student looking for stuff to play, I'd borrow volumes of Bach, Scarlatti, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Chopin, Mendelssohn, Brahms, Grieg, Rachmaninov, Prokofiev etc from the school music library and look (i.e. sight-rea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When things get rough... by outo @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

Originally Posted By chopinoholicHi outo, I didn't realize you had these problems. I knew you were having trouble with your memory that it is hard to get thing ingrained. I'm so sorry for this. I haven't read all replies, but I think it would be a go
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann: Romance Op. 28/2 by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

Originally Posted By ValenciaFor 1-4, when I'm at the piano and I play it several times, then I can play it from memory. but next day when I first try I can't. So its not quite there yet. But since we will cycle back to it I won't worry too much abou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for new pieces! by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 08:35 AM

I do not wish to post links, but I hope it's ok to offer some suggestions... 1. Prokofiev Visions fugitive. Small but very charming. Not particularly difficult yet challenging stylistically a little I think. 2. Shostakovich 24 preludes and fugue. S
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by outo @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

It is possible to change the order by me when I'll put the recital online. If I have a clear vision of what to do, then it shouldn't be too complicated, just takes a little more time. I personally prefer random order more, but whatever you people w
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My First String Change by contrapiano @ Yesterday at 08:31 AM

Thanks to everyone who replied with suggestions. I visited the piano yesterday for the first time since the string change. The pitch of the new string had dropped about 6 or 8 cents. It tuned up very smoothly, quite unlike the nearby somewhat rust
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Single note repetition - technique by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

Repetition etude of Cramer is very nice to take a look at: when I play repeated notes, it is almost always different. Usually I change fingers but sometimes it's 1-3 or 1-2-3 or 4-3-2-1 or 2-2-2-2-2 3-3-3-3-3, etc. It depends on the situati
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Nord Piano 3 anyone? by CyberGene @ Yesterday at 08:26 AM

What's going on with this piano? On Thomann it's listed as shipping in September and since that's approaching I am wondering if anyone actually managed to get one earlier? It would be interesting whether the Virtual Hammer Action technology really co
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by Moonsh1ne @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

I was just at the Greenwich hospital in Connecticut to visit a newborn nephew, and they have a Steinway D in the lobby The receptionist said I was welcome to come back anytime. I guess that's why I play the piano.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by doughnut hole @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

I loved the practice piano they gave me. I only got 2 hours over 2 days on it, but it was very nice. I didn't love the concert grand, however. I'm not blaming it for my performance - that was nerves and rushing and not getting enough preparation/p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 08:18 AM

Is it possible to change the order of submissions with the e-cital software in an easy way? It would be nice to order them a bit. Don't get me wrong, if it's not possible it will still be a great recital! I see the charm of the 'mix', but I also see
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 08:12 AM

Thank you all for the very nice comments throughout! They are amazing. I will try to make some time to do some comments of my own. I'm sorry but I haven't got the time to comment on all of your submissions. I will listen to them all for sure. Thanks
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upright with a Silent System? by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 07:57 AM

Yamaha has two silent models, SH and SG2. Depending on how important the digital silent part is to your friend, he may want to compare ATX-2 to SH/SG2. Yamaha does not equip the B series with the better SH system, only P series and U and above. Per
Jump to new posts Re: Need help choosing a piano by Doug M. @ Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By ProtoPianoHi, I'm having trouble deciding between the recommended pianos that I've read on the forums and wanted to know if you guys could help. Kawai ES-100, Roland FP-30, Yamaha P115, Casio PX-160, Casio Px760, and Arius 143.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help Me Name Our Store by Rickster @ Yesterday at 07:53 AM

Originally Posted By MarieJPianoSuppliesPlus.com? Rick
Jump to new posts Re: roland lx17 ringing sounds by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By Cinjero I would say the software technology is great, but I don't think any of here meant to put down the type of cash and get these results. Well, if you wanted an idealistic (and artificial) "piano" sound without nas
Jump to new posts Re: digital piano standing vertically - is it OK? by JoBert @ Yesterday at 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By MarieJthere was not enough room on the bed for it and us at the same time. If you don't have enough room in your bed for yourself and your piano, you're just not a dedicated enough pianist!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Suggestions for new pieces! by gwhilton @ Yesterday at 07:31 AM

Hello! I was looking for suggestions of new pieces from either the classical/baroque/romantic/neo-classical era. There is just too much to choose from and would appreciate some suggestions. To give an indication of difficulty, it has just taken me
Piano Forum
I think it is revealing that concert pianists, when given a choice of several top-tier pianos to choose from, can change allegiances depending on what they're playing. And don't forget that the vast majority - probably all - have been brought up on S
Jump to new posts Re: roland lx17 ringing sounds by Cinjero @ Yesterday at 07:24 AM

This is a great post topic since I posted something similar awhile ago with notes near/after C4. Nothing you change within the settings really makes the quarks go away, but I found once you become more proficient with a piece it becomes less notable.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When things get rough... by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 07:23 AM

Hi outo, I didn't realize you had these problems. I knew you were having trouble with your memory that it is hard to get thing ingrained. I'm so sorry for this. I haven't read all replies, but I think it would be a good idea to change the lesson sche
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading a score with bifocals by TomInCinci @ Yesterday at 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88I love my computer/piano glasses (the same focal length works for both uses, for me). I have three pairs: one at work, one at home on my piano, and one in my piano bag to go to lessons. The piano bag paid were sor
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This just makes me so sad.
by Brinestone
08/29/16 11:25 PM
Is It Customary to Tip Tuner/Technician?
by newbert
08/29/16 11:15 PM
Looking to buy a new 48" piano
by Pivolin
08/29/16 10:12 PM
kabalevsky piano concerto in d major (9 years old)
by audrewh
08/29/16 09:14 PM
NPTG syllabus--help!!!
by chasingrainbows
08/29/16 09:05 PM
Forum Stats
84,820 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,846 Topics
2,551,527 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission