Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by turandot @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty I cannot understand why you can't accept the fact that I would like to know more about the instrument. Okay. I'll assume your interest is legitimate and that the information on the thread still leaves you in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Getting back into it by Upside @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Thank you both... It does seem that a teacher is really important! Hopefully I will have an income boost soon and figure out a way to do lessons again. I played the Beatrice Miller version of "Jesu, Joy" - so a bit easier version. I will l
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Yes BDB, I have helped many pianists who were complaining of repetitive use problems by reducing the hammer weight and raising the down-weight. Lighter hammers damp the strings less and make it easier to control soft and play louder without hurting y
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Using a tuneable audio filter to help you hear beats by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

I am trying to get MFJ Enterprises to manufacture a unit that would be more compact and portable, with an internal headphone amplifier. It's not easy. There are a lot of hurdles and I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble. If anyone else thinks t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusI'll try to use an extreme example to make my point. If you found out that the dealer was getting 80% of a 10K consignment sale, then many would try to find a similar piano in a private sale. It's not just knowing
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: eugene_bbOriginally Posted By: Minnesota MartyOriginally Posted By: eugene_bbWhy are people talking about percentages and cuts of the dealer. It's the topic of this thread. that is true, but if it was as simple as that, then t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Eldridge @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

I agree--nothing's stranger. Someone described it as "wind whistling over graves."
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fall 2014 Piano Buyer now online by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: turandotOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusI think every piano should have a different ranking even if it requires using two decimal places to distinguish them. To me, any rating system Mr. Fine uses, and he does dabble quite a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Modus F11 - Moving Key Issues by Ryan0751 @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

I just wanted to resurrect this thread with an update. I had the piano repaired once more this year, and it was working fine for quite a while. Unfortunately the moving key part failed once again. After contacting yamaha support again, and going t
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Schumann Upright bass bridge Salvageable? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Del If this is a learning piano, why not learn something from it? From the pictures I'd say you wouldn't need to build a whole new cap. The original cap is already half off and getting the rest loosened shouldn't be difficult. T
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: andoHi James, so going by that designation, the RHIII sounds like an evolution of the RHII action. Can you tell us what has been changed to create the RHIII? Longer keys, perhaps? ando, yes, you're correct. RHIII is an evoluti
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2 other pianos I tried today by Sam4 @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

No, I did say over 3-4 years so you should be able to work out that, if you pay it for any more than 4 years you will be paying interest, I didn't say he offered it interest free for as many years as you take to pay it, so I did cover myself by being
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The piano made it home in time... by Music Me @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Peter, Rich and Tim - I am honored and so proud to know you. Again, you made a dream come true, just like you made my dream come true. Everyone should see this. Thank you,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: alansAfter a break of three months I'm starting with a brand new teacher tomorrow and of course I'm terrified. This meeting has come unexpectedly..I was looking for a teacher and I didn't realize my first lesson would be so soo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spontaneous vs. non spontaneous performing by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: DeruluxYeah, I agree with you there. What I keep coming back to is the idea that a recitalist more or less defines exactly what's going to happen through a long and arduous process, and that's it. There's no intuitive feeling
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2 other pianos I tried today by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

So with 10,500 being repaid at 150 per month you would be looking at interest free credit over 6 years without any deposit. To quote Don Corleone "An offer he can't refuse".
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2 other pianos I tried today by Sam4 @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Hey Ando Just wanted to also mention that, if a dealer offers you something and then adds other conditions like what the interest is or whatnot, if it's a beneficial one it must be a standard thing that that dealer does, so when I mentioned my dealer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by jotur @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Oooo, Libertango. I can hardly wait. Cathy
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching beginners by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: HakkiOriginally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT How many people give these lessons for free? ALL How many charge a fee? NONE Do any consider this as a serious part of your revenue generation? NO Thanks to everyone for respondi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Apparently, Chopin didn't quite know if it was going to be received well. Maybe this is due to its weirdness.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by indigo_dave @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

I play piano. Fool around with a baritone ukulele (tuned like a guitar) and various hand drums. My absolute favorite music in the 20th century might be Ellington/Strayhorn circa 1940's, Keith Jarrett in the 70's (especially the American quartet), an
Jump to new posts Re: First tuning my piano with TuneLab by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

SMHaley makes a good point. Learning to gauge the aural qualities of octaves. for example, is not that hard. I have first hand experience seeing beginners tuning octaves by ear, and they turn out to be very close to the suggested sizes (6:3 in the b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2 other pianos I tried today by Sam4 @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: andoI wonder how Jamie feels about having his no-interest finance offer to you plastered all over the internet? Do you not think it might potentially put him in an awkward position with his other customers who might expect the s
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI to USB adapters? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

While you're waiting, you can add my favorable experience with an M-Audio Uno. Using Windows 8, connecting a three-pedal PX-350 with Pianoteq -- . . . no problems at all. . Charles
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: dolce sfogatoImpromptu nr.2 op.36, the 2 bars that 'modulate' from D to F, quite weird. Yes -- and that passage fits the whole description too.
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering for "Wind (Naruto)" excerpt
by longyodel127
36 minutes 51 seconds ago
A tune I wrote last night
by Arizona Sage
45 minutes 10 seconds ago
Refusing "Every Other" week lesson
by ezpiano.org
55 minutes 41 seconds ago
Undecided in an upgrade - Kawai MP7 vs CE220
by Giancarlo Robles
Today at 04:32 PM
Kawai Console
by landorrano
Today at 03:48 PM
Who's Online
154 registered (accordeur, ajames, 88 Fingers Jeff, ando, acortot, Al LaPorte, 42 invisible), 1375 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76233 Members
42 Forums
157587 Topics
2314734 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission