Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (aesop, anamnesis, amiller, AndreaS85, AllanH, ALEXANDER DYKER, 37 invisible), 1441 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertigo on the Piano Bench? by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

Thanks, Tom -- that's very helpful.
Pianist Corner
Ah, she seems to be a polarizing one. I remember I loved her playing 5 years ago and I was hoping she would go further back then. I also liked her playing a lot during the Cliburn. However, many of my friends completely do not understand why I like h
Piano Forum
There are people who expose themselves to pianos in circumstances far more "risky" for hearing than your setup. Yet they still hear well into an old age. Here is the story of one of them.
Pianist Corner
It is a completely unfair reference to Fei-Fei Dong, a wonderful young pianist who reached the finals of the Cliburn competition and who in my opinion has a chance to be one of the most interesting and important pianists of the new generation. Some p
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
If I had a better sense of (any) contemporary style and how that style may convey cogent messages to its listeners, I might be able to make some intelligent comment about this work. Not being able to do so, I will simply say that it is an impressive
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Timing for these notes? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By Fatih Guys, sorry i can't get a part in your discussion. I don't get it Not worth a cent - an attempt to mystify what is in fact very straightforward....ignore the discussion and enjoy your blues piece.
Piano Forum
The action is a pretty comfortable medium, I'd say. It's not heavy to where I feel I have to bang on it, but it's not exactly Horowitz' piano either. My tech had explained early on that some of the PERCEIVED loudness has a lot to do with tuning and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Timing for these notes? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By Nahum In fact, this not quite accurate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK37Wv7AiiY - from the beginning . The Memphis slim track bears little resemblance to the entirely formulaic piano blues that Fahir is asking about. Nowhe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

I prefer to learn by ear whenever possible. Classical music requires the music because of it`s complexity and precision. Other music apart from jazz, relies on simple chords plus melody line. Baroque music is typical of this. As long as you know
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is a fair price for a new Yamaha U1 in Canada? by Norbert @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Quote:I am not sure that one can give you a "true street price" of a U1 in Canada. The market certainly varies from region to region depending on local conditions, and your best deal would probably be the one you can make with your local de
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN270 by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By Grandma EllenSomeone donated a Kawai CN270 to my church about 5 or 6 years ago. I would like to buy it at a fair price for my grandchildren to practice for their piano lessons. It looks to be in good condition and all the keys
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertigo on the Piano Bench? by Tom Christian @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibOn the other hand, I've been trying to explain to my better half that the risk factors would be reduced if I got a larger, more substantial piano... At the risk of negating a perfect rationalization to get a new Jansen ar
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Traditional (less than) One Month to Recital Thread by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:07 PM

It`s gonna be Sch 82 1 Eintritt which never saw light of day in the recital. It was my first choice. Or it`ll be "Total Eclipse of the Heart". I`ll have to record that before I forget it . ..
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is a fair price for a new Yamaha U1 in Canada? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

A few dollars? Some dealers quote about 30% more than they typically sell for to take advantage of the uninformed. I guess for a U1 that isn't a huge sum but if you're looking at pianos over $30K that could be one or two tropical family vacations tha
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new 1917 Bluthner by Isidro @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

The most important thing is finding the workshop to do the work. I trusted Aronne Pianos , here in Brazil. If you need to replace the soundboard there's the perfect place to buy it in Italy, the Ciresa which provides soundboards for Bluthner!
Jump to new posts Re: midi keyboard controller as complement to digital piano by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By toddyportability may be a bigger advantage as this second keyboard will be for setting up only for 'sessions' in the house, and for using as the keyboard I take on holiday, to carry on playing.Originally Posted By toddyreasonable
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pedal Notation? by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

No problem! In general, your ear will be a pretty good guide. There may be spots where you want to hold the pedal down over 2 or 3 bars, and other places where you don't want it down at all just to give a little contrast. It can be fun to experiment
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

Sadness! I'll share what I've been hesitant to talk about. There's a used Bosendorfer 225 in CA where the owner wants to find the right home for his beloved piano, and even asked me to send recordings of my playing. I believe him when he said he's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Vertigo on the Piano Bench? by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

I've never had vertigo issues before, but I had an attack while practicing piano Saturday night that was so bad I thought I was having a stroke. Went to local Emergency Room, they ran a full battery of tests: Not a stroke, not a heart attack -- but
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much is a fair price for a new Kawai GX-3 by Radio.Octave @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

This is true, but I've seen some dealers who will try to sell it for MSRP. I wouldn't say it's irrelevant. If you see a price on the piano, it's probably the MSRP. Most dealers aren't going to put Larry Fine's SMP on the sticker. I'm just glad the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult tutor books by lovepianoteaching @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

Many apologies for all the confusion. I am indeed a piano teacher from the UK. I am reasonably new to teaching adults although I have taught children for longer. I am unused to forums and simply thought this would be a good place for advice and find
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Timing for these notes? by Fatih @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

Guys, sorry i can't get a part in your discussion. I don't get it . I will play it as triplet unless you all change your minds . Dire and Charles, i will take these songs to my tutor and see if she thinks i can do any of them. Thanks !
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A revelation on uprights by BDB @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Most actions will repeat more quickly than the reflexes one uses to repeat notes. It is a question of how quick and how far one can lift one's fingers. The repetition action can make a little difference, but it is only in rare circumstances with the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers who refuse to take "beginner" adults by keystring @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

Smiley, it's so good that you are sharing this. We need these kinds of stories in order to get some kind of template of what works and why. It's a new field since adult students used to be rare or non-existent. When I started lessons the first tim
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by Kbeaumont @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

If the action is well designed the keybed should last at least 5 - 10 years or more. I had a CASIO px-330 and 5 years later it still worked perfectly when I sold it. Acoustic pianos don't get moved much. So you have to take in to account how you use
Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tonica Upright
by Hansrott
04/21/15 08:44 AM
Randy Potter in Philadelphia
by Rich Galassini
04/21/15 08:15 AM
Anyone know of good piano Summer camps in England?
by Pover
04/21/15 06:54 AM
Might have to switch from PC to Apple
by Keith D Kerman
04/21/15 06:33 AM
Websites with digital sheet music
by peterpianist85
04/21/15 05:43 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,977 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,403 Topics
2,398,151 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission