Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
64 registered (ando, AndyP, AZNpiano, AprilE, 16 invisible), 1469 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to structure an improvisation? by hyena @ Yesterday at 10:09 AM

Thanks, that info helped a lot! https://soundcloud.com/dario-sanchez-martinez-417965971/practice I've tried applying it here. Though, I also change progression. Is that logical?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach Invention 13 BWV 784 by prout @ Yesterday at 10:06 AM

I ALWAYS play all the left hand leaps in the Italian Concerto second movement completely legato using no pedal! Talk about stretch!
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs. Acoustic by John Keller @ Yesterday at 09:56 AM

Something to consider, if you are relatively new to the piano you might want to start a journey trying many different types, brands, and qualities of acoustics before you invest in one. How do you know what you like until you do? To me, its like marr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by scorpio @ Yesterday at 09:56 AM

I have been waiting to see if Anne checks in with us. I will contact the administrators and get things set up for the new thread. At the same time, I will look into updating the badges for the current year.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with recording Yamaha P255 by prout @ Yesterday at 09:46 AM

The Yamaha has individual line outs for Left and Right Channels which should be connected to the Channel One and Channel Two inputs on the Presonus. The purpose of the Presonus in this case is just to provide an ADC to USB link to your DAW. These
Jump to new posts the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by keystring @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

I've written CA97 because that's what I have now, but I'm sure most other better dp's fit the bill. This is a thing I've begun wondering about now that the basic things are going smoothly. So: I have the jack outlets marked "left" and &q
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MX100II Disklavier shut down and doesn't startup anymore by MikeOregon @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

Thank you very much Pro-TAC. I've been able to get the service manuals, including schematics and parts lists. Indeed, I suspect one or more of the electrolytic capacitors has failed even though there are no physical signs of it (e.g. bulging or seepi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorizers are the best at Ear by Albunea @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Rerun, I've been now thinking that it works both ways: when we start "plunking", we'll also be using more our memories, to remember the little bits that are good. After some time, your musical memory might have been improved considerably, e
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with recording Yamaha P255 by toddy @ Yesterday at 09:18 AM

Wouldn't the best solution be to keep the signal stereo? Then you will not have the detrimental effects of phase cancellation (which happen when stereo signals are bunged into a single mono channel). And you'll obviously maintain the benefits of ster
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with recording Yamaha P255 by nylan3 @ Yesterday at 09:15 AM

Morodiene, I already tried that solution and I still got the same weird quality
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practise with Goals by keystring @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

I think what I was hearing is that Ehnes has reached a new stage in his life where he is definitely no longer in the position of 100% student (like the music majors he was addressing), but is in the middle of "life". He is a new father of
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy this used VPC1? by Doug M. @ Yesterday at 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By AlbertoAI think I can get it for less than $1000 and could return it if not satisfied. I almost brought a VPC1 in mint condition for £600 (at the time about $954). With dints and scratches, I'd be pulling off $200. Also, I'd a
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy this used VPC1? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:06 AM

I would not buy it if you can't go pick it up yourself. As James says, the shipping may make it unusable.
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with recording Yamaha P255 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:04 AM

+1 what peterws said, but also, pianos sound better in stereo. So instead of getting one stereo cable, you should use two mono cables, one for the L and one for the R. Your Audiobox has a L and R input, so just be sure to plug each into the correspon
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Albunea @ Yesterday at 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By scorpioI am not sure if we have, or have not, lost Anne H. Her last post on PW was in May. Going forward we may need to find someone to take over the 2017 thread. If Anne H is unable to continue, I would be happy to take over
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorizers are the best at Ear by Albunea @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By Rerun Plunking around on the keyboard got me half way familiar with where sounds were located like C chord, F chord and G chord and then I started to hear the relationship between those sounds. Ah...that! A lot of plunkin
Member Recordings
[NEW] Dead Rising 4 OST - O Christmas Tree (Piano Cover + Tutorial) Zombie games anyone? Here is my piano cover on the spooky version of "O Christmas Tree" from the new zombie game "Dead Rising 4" - that has appeared in many YouT
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SKIII or Yamaha CX3SH? by EP @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

Don't underestimate the value of the MPA visit. I just had mine yesterday, and he worked magic on my already-gorgeous SK-5L. Regulating and voicing to my preference and to the room made a huge difference, in spite of the fact that I already have a gr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:26 AM

As the 40 pieces a year challenge starts to wrap up for 2016, I thought I would bump back up the 2015 thread for some context. P.S. It is always a bit sad to go through an older thread like this, to see posts from folks that we have not heard from f
Member Recordings
[NEW] SEVENTEEN - Don't Listen In Secret (Piano Cover + Tutorial) Hello SEVENTEEN and KPOP enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on SEVENTEEN's new pretty-sounding song from their mini album called "Don't Listen In Secret". Piano Cover https
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by Greener @ Yesterday at 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By dmd... When you play using chords TO GUIDE YOU, you are not memorizing how to play the tune. You have the chord progression memorized but not exactly how to play the tune. So, there is a lot less stress on remembering exactly h
Jump to new posts Re: First Taste of my own Roland HP-605... by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

Colorful.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by Just Steven @ Yesterday at 08:19 AM

Keep switching until going nowhere.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to structure an improvisation? by dmd @ Yesterday at 08:19 AM

Much better. Some thoughts ... The part from 0-20 is a great start. Play that again right away. That is your HOME theme. Then play some other right hand stuff that utilizes the same left hand accompaniment as in the HOME theme. Then play th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:18 AM

Final list for 2016... 01. Aurora Borealis (Faber) (OC) 02. King William's March (Clarke) (OF) 03. Toccata in C (Op. 101, No. 29) (Czerny) (OF) 04. Maple Leaf Rag (Joplin) (AR) 05. Menuet en Rondeau (Rameau) (OF) 06. Climbing Mountains (Faber) (OC)
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Solo Concert at Mezzrow in NYC 11/16
by Dfrankjazz
12/09/16 01:35 AM
New baldwin pianos
by Reaper bond
12/08/16 10:12 PM
How heavy are the keys on the Roland FP-30?
by halfaura
12/08/16 08:29 PM
Best Sheet Music Resources and How to Print
by greensam
12/08/16 06:50 PM
Help me!
by willo
12/08/16 05:03 PM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,816 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,876 Topics
2,577,288 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission