Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
91 registered (Amir, anotherscott, aesop, Allar A, anamnesis, 36251, 19 invisible), 996 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: March Piano Bar by verqueue @ Yesterday at 05:08 PM

Here is my March Piano Bar piece: Simone - Piano Ballad About composer - I know only that he wrote this piece and asked at reddit if someone could record it. I volountered. How can I put here a soundcloud link in a manner from the first post?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: I bought new DP last week(Yamaha CP4) and played it. by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By VikaKimi am not good at speaking English. so I am really sorry that i cant explain something very well. i like to share something goods to other people. so i decided to upload my videos. i am very happy with my brothers helps and
Tactile response, not really - but you could boost the bottom end. You would feel it in certain ways, but probably not through your fingers. You can feel it on the CA95 because the whole instrument is one solid unit. It might be worth a go - you migh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there joy in playing only for yourself? by Ragdoll @ Yesterday at 05:02 PM

Well for me there's joy in playing period. I live alone and my family is far away but I send them thumb drives for comment and friends are nice enough to listen and comment as well; I also do the rest home thing a couple times a year, but if I didn't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help! Did kawai sell me a used piano? by mabraman @ Yesterday at 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsOriginally Posted By mabramanMmmmmmmm...but technicians say that proper tuning has a lot to do with reducing harshness and whistle-like tones (or I misread something). Room acoustics are very important, too. A brig
Originally Posted By peterws Who would blame you for marketing yourself? Initiative is a good quality. You certainly have what it takes . . And I`d love to hear you play that DGX . . I`m sure it would sound heaps better than the CP4. . .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restore or buy new? Disappointing rebuild... by ando @ Yesterday at 04:55 PM

It sounds like emotions are still running raw with your current piano. I don't think it makes sense to buy another M & H just to rid yourself of these emotions. It's so much money for so little benefit. I think you would be better off just gettin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin, Rondo's by Damon @ Yesterday at 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By DamonOriginally Posted By PolyphonistGodowsky made one of his chromatic transcriptions of Opus 16, I'd like to hear that but couldn't find a recording on Youtube. The score is on IMSLP. Unfo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano - U1 vs B3 vs.. digital? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By ChrisVenablesTherefore, you should ensure that the piano you buy is the one you have chosen in the dealer's showrooms. Write down the serial number to be sure that the piano you get is the one you auditioned, not the one that w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the key of your life? by Nahum @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

OP is essentially the second question; First question : : "What is the pitch of your life." In this regard, there is an exercise on the piano "5 minutes" - when you absolutely calm and relaxed sitting near the piano for 5 minutes
Piano Forum
I think you should resize the photos. They don't really need to be such high resolution. People opening the thread on tablets, phones and expensive mobile data plans will be all be grateful!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by ando @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeJust about every piano manufacturer that sells pianos in North America has a distribution network, and someone overseeing that. In some cases, they have multiple layers of distribution representatives, by country,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the key of your life? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

My solfege and composition teacher told me I'm D major.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

Okay, it took me way too long, but here's my last batch of comments. Let me extend a general congratulations to everybody who participated, and a general heartfelt thanks to all of you who have taken the time to comment on the entries. I know I app
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there joy in playing only for yourself? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

>Is there joy in playing only for yourself? Of course! Playing only for yourself is what almost all piano players do? The family and neighbours probably rather wouldn't hear you. So why else would you pick up playing piano? But, is there joy in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By Markarian...Still haven't had a chance to even see an Estonia in person... This was my experience for quite a while. We were even planning to look for them while traveling. Then, my husband happened
Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddI'd rather watch this than 90% of what's on television. Everyone with a talent to share should have a YouTube channel. I wish you many views and with any luck a paycheck from Google. Same for a Philip and Chuck who
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there joy in playing only for yourself? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

I can see why you're asking, because you were accustomed to having this external motivation to help drive you forward. Now that's gone, and it's hard to plug along. However, things take on a different angle this way. You can learn to be motivated ju
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there joy in playing only for yourself? by Greener @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By Farmerjones... I've played for nursing homes and assisted living centers. DO IT!!!! ... I'd Love to do it. Where I live, it would be easier to get a paying gig. The application process and "Vulnerable Sector Screening"
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Share your favorite/most useful practice tools! by griffin2417 @ Yesterday at 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By griffin2417Originally Posted By Mark_CMain #1 thing, by far, whatever else I do: LISTEN So true! Lately, I've come to understand the importance of listening to myself play the music AND payin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by Norbert @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

Quote:Is that also a 210???? Yes it is the 'new' 6'10 grand And it costs less than a 6' Sauter Delta....sigh Norbert
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the key of your life? by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By wrOriginally Posted By BruceDThis thread makes about as much sense to me as did the thread on the emotional meaning/significance of intervals. Next up: foods linked to chords. F major triad in 1st inversion is pommes frites,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Restore or buy new? Disappointing rebuild... by Kins @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Hi all, I've been reading through a LOT of discussions on instruments and would appreciate some candid feedback on my situation. I recently paid a technician for a rebuild of a 1918 Mason & Hamlin A. Currently, I am thrilled with the work done by
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by Furtwangler @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Is that also a 210???? Wow
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: the .925 silver music rack on Liszt's Chickering by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

It has been determined thanks to the input of Rich Galassini and Karl Watson at the Piano Forum that this Chickering is in Budapest, not at the Liszt-Haus in Weimar - and that there are no Chickerings at the Liszt-Haus in Weimar.
Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
help with counting
by dmcgeown
03/05/15 05:58 AM
Question to the stage piano's users
by stamkorg
03/05/15 04:20 AM
Roland RD-700GX ivory key wear
by AlexanderLee
03/05/15 03:03 AM
Opened up my Chickering Brothers Grand
by pianoman9
03/05/15 02:45 AM
the best piano music
by mery
03/05/15 02:17 AM
Forum Stats
78,392 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,093 Topics
2,379,945 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission