Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
57 registered (augustm, ando, alwatson, AZ_Astro, 15 invisible), 1070 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about nails by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

I don't think you're curving too much although I haven't seen you play. Many people's nails click when playing the piano, usually in certain passages only. Kind of depends on the shape of your fingers and nails. For example Lang Lang's nails clic
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fazıl Say's jazz fantasy on mozart by Cheeto717 @ Yesterday at 10:39 AM

Needs some more cleaning up. More slow practice in the harder sections.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- Call For Submissions by briangmoore @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By wouter79Hey, Händels Sarabande! From the XIth suite? Very nice piece! I did it for sight reading and now give a bit more time to get it polished and to get that first variation down. There must be more than one D minor Suite.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts A Week of Waltzes by Simon Hester @ Yesterday at 10:24 AM

Here's a set of 7 short Waltzes, one for each day of the week, which would suit intermediate to advanced pupils. Currently looking for a publisher! https://soundcloud.com/simon-hester-sistermusic/sets/a-week-of-waltzes
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: chirping sounds by Bill Schneider @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Let me know how it goes.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: TB Isone: a remarkable plugin for Pianoteq and headphones by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

I have put 2 files : Nocturne Op 27-2 dry : http://www.sinerj.org/~loyer/piano/nocturne_close.mp3 Nocturne Op 27-2 with TB isone, HiFi speaker, 0dB gain, other settings by default : http://www.sinerj.org/~loyer/piano/nocturne_close_hifi.mp3 This
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- Call For Submissions by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 10:17 AM

Hey, Händels Sarabande! From the XIth suite? Very nice piece! I did it for sight reading and now give a bit more time to get it polished and to get that first variation down.
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by stevelup @ Yesterday at 10:15 AM

Looking at the photo of the PCB it looks like the headphone output is just driven off an op-amp so it's not entirely surprising. Your Fostex headphones are essentially small head mounted speakers with their large drivers and fairly low sensitivity.
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by bennevis @ Yesterday at 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By ai_enabledHi guys, Just bought this model and frustrated about the power of headphones output: I've tried all the headphones in the house and can say that even my lowest impedance headphones (Fostex TH-600, 25 Ohm only) produces
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem Parents by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By MomOfBeginnersOriginally Posted By wouter79You can always kick students if they frustrate you too much. But I would not bother too much. Maybe you should not expect too much from your students. As long as they pay and you can d
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiHe collaborated with Sir Georg Solti for a BBC series in the early 90s that wasn't a dilletante romp. His "Orchestra!" series with Solti was one of the musical highlights on TV for me, as a teenager: https://
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Acoustics in piano showrooms by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By twocatsI do feel that the louder a piano sounds, the lighter the touch feels. And the volume is so tied to acoustics... so it's just disappointing to me that it's hard to properly evaluate pianos that are in a boomy cement room.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Last Octave by Bill Schneider @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

Ryan, Im glad you brought this up. In the days before the electronic tuning aids, I was forever lowering top octaves that were practically whole tone scales, instead of chromatic, in the top few notes. I prefer to tune aurally, as the effect you men
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem Parents by bennevis @ Yesterday at 09:41 AM

I can hardly blame my parents, as they knew no better (and knew nothing about music, let alone piano playing). But at least they had the good sense to (try to) keep up with the Joneses (our cousins' family, who lived 100 miles away), which was how a
Originally Posted By sfhombreAny chance you could upload comparison audio files to soundcloud or elsewhere? I am reluctant to provide such samples because they could be quite misleading. Such samples would be dependent on my side on both my Pianote
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by ai_enabled @ Yesterday at 09:27 AM

Hi guys, Just bought this model and frustrated about the power of headphones output: I've tried all the headphones in the house and can say that even my lowest impedance headphones (Fostex TH-600, 25 Ohm only) produces a quite low volume. It's about
Pianist Corner
Well he was classically trained at Oxford university (where he was also a college organist), and then became a well respected jazz pianist playing in London clubs. He was firstly a musician before becoming famous for other things. In later intervie
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Chick Corea and Stanley Clarke as a duo by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 09:18 AM

The riches of Youtube! Chick Corea's collaborated for decades with Stanley Clarke but but the two of them have never recorded in a duo format. So below is a link to just that - Chick Corea and Stanley Clarke as a duo. I love this video for several
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin serial number question by Rickster @ Yesterday at 08:44 AM

I found this info online at http://www.coloradopianobuyersguide.com/baldwin_piano_faqs.htm "1.There are many connections and similarities between Baldwin, Steinway, Yamaha and Kawai pianos. Like their competitors, Baldwin Piano Company builds a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U3 vs Samick Sig 50 by chouinam @ Yesterday at 08:44 AM

It's amazing when you ask around. I have a friend with a Pearl River EU122 that he will sell for $800. Sounds like a good deal. Just not sure if Pearl River is a good piano? Thoughts? Marc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By Markus03...The salesperson was willing to take a deposit to secure both pianos for me, so long as I was willing to sign a contract that I would purchase one of the two (which is fine by me)... That's great! I'm looking forward
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem Parents by Piano*Dad @ Yesterday at 08:36 AM

Originally Posted By MomOfBeginnersOriginally Posted By wouter79You can always kick students if they frustrate you too much. But I would not bother too much. Maybe you should not expect too much from your students. As long as they pay and you can d
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by JoeT @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By R_BI vaguely remember that CD recordings were similarly accused of being too sterile, synthetic sounding. Some people took a long time to adjust to the greater dynamic range - having suffered RIAA compression for so long. Nowaday
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How can I better learn jazz piano? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

Jazz is the music genre where there is no such thing as a wrong note, right? I thought so. Maybe that is why I like it. Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm returning to piano. How can I get started again? by ghosthand @ Yesterday at 08:16 AM

You need some kind of feedback and goals. This does not mean you have to take lessons every week. As an adult, living more than 1 hour drive from my teacher, I take lessons just every 3rd week or less, depending on my life schedule. Even if you are n
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New piano action settling?
by Beemer
05/06/16 03:29 AM
Music Notes & Keyboards Swimming Pool
by Piano Valentine
05/05/16 10:59 PM
Little help from Kimball owners
by Davemaster84
05/05/16 10:42 PM
Mason & Hamlin Visit & ProRecord MIDI System
by Piano World
05/05/16 05:53 PM
retrofitting MIDI on a grand piano
by peterspiano
05/05/16 05:08 PM
Forum Stats
83,527 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,443 Topics
2,521,680 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission