Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pull-out Stands for Digital Pianos by doremi @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

The issue for a home hobbyist like me is that no single set up is perfect for the various things I do. For example, at one time I want to play my DP + synth on top, at another time I want to mix/record with a DAW/large computer screen, which ideally
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why are pianos measured by external dimensions? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Building larger than needed cases for uprights is an old trick of unscrupulous manufacturers.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Walter on Craigslist by MaxR @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

wow thanks for the quick reply. I will give it some thought and go visit the piano(s). I know the one piano has been very well kept, but they are asking just too much. I couldn't offer them a $2000 discount. The older lady was so sweet on the pho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by Greener @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

34. Ganddalf - Bruremarsj etter Myllarguten (Op.72 no 8) This was a very pleasant listen for me, Ganddalf. It is nice to be introduced to works I have never experienced before by skilled and experienced performers. Thank you for this. 35. wjf - B
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Lucky Man By ELP - Perf. by Chris Huebner by Michael Forbes @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

Awesome, Chris!!! Love the video accompaniment.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pin block not contacting plate flange by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

Ok! I've got it now. Sorry for the confusion. The pins are resting in the bushings, which in turn push on the plate and part of the strings's pull is going also to the pinblock which is held by the plate by the surface in contact with the plate. An
It was something that was already invented in the early 1800's and used in some french pianos. http://www.palacepianos.com/en/uploads/pianos/1288966680_jean-henri-pape-grand-4188-4.jpg is one example I think the idea being that it would resist the
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Starting new recording project - need feedback by Marc VT @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

Thanks for the feedback.. I'll play with the equalizer function to see if I can get it better balanced. I was mic'ing from the belly of the piano to keep any mechanical sound out. Maybe I'll try to move it to the side to see if that lessens the noise
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why are semi-concert grands so expensive? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Glenn TreibitzThe reason they charge those high prices on new Steinway is because the can! Mason & Hamlin also made in USA and based on the smaller numbers more hand made than Steinway yet is significantly less. I guarantee
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi again. Just wanted to give a little update on my piano learning journey... Well, what to say... It got a bit complicated after a 15 days vacation trip with my family, as in i forgot to play most of the pieces i learned! Strangely enough, i did re
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you "swing" your Courante? by prout @ Yesterday at 06:40 PM

Handel was big into notes inégales. It is a "courante" after all. Swing away.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Walter on Craigslist by Benn @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Thanks and will keep you all posted when delivered! Max, I'm afraid I don't know how much help this will be, but if it helps you put your price in perspective, I got mine new for $7800. Includes taxes, delivery, and 1 in home tuning. Mine is a Walte
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: If you don't think Liszt is awesome... by Damon @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOn the subject of the awesomeness of Liszt, here is a lovely piece of his which is not particularly well-known to my knowledge. Valse Impromptu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Upright by MaxR @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am deciding how interested i am and i will make sure a tech comes with me. I got the serial number today and I think it is 1991? Serial No. 1491369 Any concerns with Baldwins made at this time?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Different Keys Without Playing Scales by Greener @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Morodienebest get on them and quit whining about it . It takes all of 5 minutes a day. Who is whining? I'd rather make a coffee.
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin-Godowsky Etude no.1 (after op.10 no.1 first version) by Dennis in Canada @ Yesterday at 06:34 PM

Wow!!! That's what I call playing the piano. Beautifully done.
Jump to new posts Chopin-Godowsky Etude no.1 (after op.10 no.1 first version) by trigalg693 @ Yesterday at 06:29 PM

Hi everyone, in light of the recent bunch of Godowsky posts, I present to you a Godowsky piece that you guys probably won't enjoy listening to as much hehe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=177Jwwx8c6I&feature=youtu.be Audio only: https://soundc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach well tempered clavier vs goldberg variations by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 06:29 PM

We don't know if the OP meant just one P&F or the entire Well Tempered Clavier. Obviously, if they meant just one P&F it's easier than the Goldberg Variations. If they meant the entire WTC, then I'd vote for the WTC.
Jump to new posts Re: Starting new recording project - need feedback by Damon @ Yesterday at 06:26 PM

It sounds a bit heavy in the mid-range to me. Also, I hear a lot of mechanical noise. Maybe the mics are too close to the front of the piano or are touching the piano. It sounds slightly distant as well so the gain might be poorly set.
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ Yesterday at 06:25 PM

Bill Bremmer RPT, you've been careless with your words and your accusations--it's a distasteful habit that has followed you for years. You were given the opportunity to drop it, and you chose to continue. Please learn from that mistake. Do you still
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Walter on Craigslist by MaxR @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Thanks for the postings! I am so happy for you and pls keep us posted after delivery. Just a quick question. For a 1985 does 3700 sound good? i was hoping to get it a bit lower, but i know others are looking at it and are probably interested. It
Pianist Corner
It looks like there are as many differing opinions on fingerings as there are pianists . I've just had a glance at the edition by Godowsky, who gives two different fingerings on the first descending figure, neither of which I've considered......
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in method books. by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneI have started using Piano Town and I really like that. It does move at a faster pace than the other methods. Also, with Faber I just dread going into books 2A/2B, 3A/3B…it seems to take forever to move "up" i
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Recognising Slash chords by ear by Visalia @ Yesterday at 06:07 PM

Looking for some good examples of slash chords in songs. I think you're ear needs to be yet that bit more acquired to recognise them. The best example I can probably think of is that Ab maj with an Eb in the bass in the main riff of "Someone Sav
Jump to new posts Re: Starting new recording project - need feedback by BruceD @ Yesterday at 06:02 PM

This sound in this recording comes across as being somewhat muffled. It's not just a case, I don't think, of over-use of the damper pedal; the overall tone quality is not clear. I also have some difficulty with your timing irregularities, but that
Page 11 of 19 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
145 registered (ajames, accordeur, Allard, 48 invisible), 1451 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157233 Topics
2309361 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Player Piano Bellows Question
by UnrightTooner
09/02/14 09:40 AM
do you memorize a piece when you learn to play it?
by Peter071
09/02/14 06:13 AM
Which classical (piano) music may I like?
by Stefo
09/02/14 05:50 AM
When to compose?
by noobpianist90
09/02/14 04:16 AM
First Recordings on the New Steinway!
by Markarian
09/02/14 04:11 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission