Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano? by terminaldegree @ Today at 12:32 AM

You could use a 12v car battery and a power inverter, though you'd have to lug the battery back upstairs and charge it periodically.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Saranoya Originally Posted By: outoI find it hard to believe that all your teacher's students practice. I'm pretty sure that many of them don't. But isn't this what makes me a good student? The fact that, unlike most, I *do*
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by DoelKees @ Today at 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: UnrightTooner Mark, one comment I have is the apparent assumption that all FBIs are wide. This is true of major FBIs. But minor FBIs, though not as popular in tuning, are narrow and therefore can give the wrong answers to some o
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Search by laguna_greg @ Today at 12:19 AM

Frank, I must agree with my peers here about haggling over the price for lessons. Either the teacher is worth it, or they're not. If they are, then it's insulting to have a relatively ignorant person like yourself tell them they shouldn't get the m
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: MarkHNoobpianist90 - your assertion that performance anxiety stems from improper breathing is glib and dismissive of the complex psychological and physiological symptoms that people who suffer from it experience. I apologize if
Piano Forum
<Ok, I have a question about old Steinways. What's the difference between fully rebuilt or restored? My neighbor's M costs her $39K (fully rebuilt was the term she used). So when you guys say it's possible for me to buy an Old Steinway, it will no
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: peterwsTeachers get paid to teach, they're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. Probably not. But *good* teachers teach despite the fact that they could almost certainly make more money doing something else. My tea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by outo @ Today at 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: JimF 21. outo - Souvenir op 99 nr 3 My wife would probably love for me to play this since she is a native Finn. You play it with a beautiful touch and a lot of sensitivity. Thanks for bringing it to my attention… had no idea Sib
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: bennevis I find it strange that people who wouldn't refuse a beer or a cigarette have qualms about taking a beta-blocker to stop them shaking in performance. Alcohol dulls the brain and slows your reaction time (which is why it'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by laguna_greg @ Today at 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: beet31425Originally Posted By: Louis Podestahttp://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yout...FCFBCC23733DDC5 bing? :0 -J you did NOT just say that...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher issue by piccione @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneIf a student doesn't have any set goal, then I teach them the things that I feel they should know in order to equip them to play whatever they want as their taste defines itself. It sounds as though you had a goal: you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano? by piccione @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Is there any such thing as a portable power supply, battery outlet or something to make my digital piano more portable? Like if I wanted to bring mine down to the basement to practice where there is no AC outlet. I would imagine they would have som
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts on revisiting Chopin Etudes by Lingyis @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Not having been to a conservatory, I never seriously worked on them. I played through a few of them when I was younger, some as a kid (e.g. 10/2-5, 12), some in high school (e.g. 10/8, 25/11-12), some in college (several op25s), but lately I'm revis
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

I tried to solve the quiz, but I quited. I've answered only 6 questions. If I was your student I would also quit your lessons! I'm being honest. It's boring and tedious and tricky and mislideaing. Pure intervals are pure. Wide intervals are wide. N
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Molotov Cocktail Piano by Robert W. Weber @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Hi gang. I recently started a project called Molotov Cocktail Piano and I've been releasing tributes to pop hits, past and current. I'm hoping that you might take the time to check me out on YouTube. Please subscribe to the channel if you like what y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Drinking and drug addiction is rife in the classical... by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoI get VERY frightened before recitals, but I find it adds to the performance... if there's not that element of anxiety, it feels like practice to me. I hate it, but I need it. I used to be like that, it helped
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamps for grand piano (pics?) by RGibson @ Yesterday at 11:26 PM

Groucho -- do you like the Yamaha?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by RGibson @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Coming along with my Diabelli Sonatina in F Major. Started this week of putting two hands together.... VERY slowly I took a new approach with learning my left all in chords. It was suggested by my teacher to 'consider' also starting another piece
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 20 inch tablet for sheet music? by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

The HP 21 inch slate looks like an interesting possibility too. But android has pretty limited functionality for music related apps, apparently. So it's pretty expensive just as a sheet music reader. Also, these extra large tablets are comparativ
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chord changes to 'Sixty Years On' by currawong @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

You might get more response if you try the Pianist Corner Non-classical forum
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just Retired - Can Piano Playing Fill the Void? by MarieJ @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Reading Piano World postings (particularly the motivating entries in the Adult Beginners Forum) is another enjoyable way of partially filling any void!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts 20 inch tablet for sheet music? by Sand Tiger @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Fuhu’s 20-inch or 24-inch Nabi Big Tab HD is targeted at other markets, but might become a useful tool for sheet music applications. The smaller tablets show a page at a time, and many have a hard time reading scores on the small screen. For the larg
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: difficulty in sight reading left hand notes by MarieJ @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

I can sympathise - I had one year of piano lessons in the early 60's and my teacher advocated the Shefte method, which meant that throughout that year I played only chords with my left hand. When I retired and was able to start again on the piano, I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by phacke @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Rich GalassiniOriginally Posted By: Markarian I am surprised by what appears to be a heckuva separation in that rim. That should not be there in a new piano - or a 70 year old piano, for that matter. I could be mistaken
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoI get VERY frightened before recitals, but I find it adds to the performance... if there's not that element of anxiety, it feels like practice to me. I hate it, but I need it. I'm with you there. I would need
Page 11 of 16 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
172 registered (acortot, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, 36251, 53 invisible), 1874 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75896 Members
42 Forums
156839 Topics
2304540 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Speaker/monitor quieries
by Enthusiast
20 minutes 49 seconds ago
Rubinstein or horowitz couldn't play op 10 no 1?
by rov
21 minutes 58 seconds ago
For Sale: PE-2 PIANO PEDAL EXTENDER
by TakomaRose
Today at 02:04 PM
How is this possible?
by kaanguner
Today at 02:03 PM
Questions About Piano Magic for Sheet Music Readers
by newbert
Today at 01:51 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission