Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
112 registered (Anita Potter, 36251, Aspirant, anotherscott, Artur Gajewski, 39 invisible), 1438 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by rysowers @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Hi Prout, I checked McGill's website and the only thing I saw was that the Schulich School of Music offers something called "Music Technology" but I couldn't find any information about a graduate program in piano technology. Am I looking
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: neuralfiringsWhat emotion does the C minor Fugue make you feel?Ooh, very subjective! I don't get an emotion that I can name like happy or sad. It's a C minor mood, a feeling. The Prelude has a prevailing sense of philosophical s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: casinitaly8Octaves - I can't wait to get my tuner in -your piano sounds delicous! That's a very pretty pieces of music indeed! "Delicious!" What a wonderful comment for my piano! I have to remember that.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by verqueue @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

53. ElaineAllegro - Mozart Sonata K332 2nd movement-adagio Generally: You have a problem with tempo. When playing 'Adagio' pieces by Mozart it's important to maintain the even pace. There are some spots you are speeding up a little. As always I rec
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

Ryan I believe you are correct. Perhaps its unfair but I didn't place FSU in my top list of music schools for piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

OK. So as a starting point...I do want to get to the tone...but as a starting point, you want to lighten the hammers, though lighten is a relative word. As you say, the touch must also be addressed when you reduce the mass at the end of the shank.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

Swap the wood for concrete.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway k-52 by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: NorbertQuote:Originally Posted By: Norbert Steinway is doing other dealers a huge favor with their known, inflexible pricing. No opposition from us.. wink Yes, we consumers love having to deal with the "used car salesman&
Jump to new posts Re: Gillette Piano Academy by rysowers @ Yesterday at 03:07 PM

It shows that pianos are still alive and well in society's consciousness!
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by prout @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: rysowersI thought Florida State was the only school to offer a Masters in Piano Technology. So does McGill.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by pinkfloydhomer @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: joe80No, you don't have five years to choose something else. You have a five year warranty which will come into force if the piano has a fault. Not liking a piano just because, doesn't count as a fault - at least not here in Bri
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You probably already knew this but it's gratifying by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: doctor S....(Does the fact that such improvisation is heard less now than in the past, suggest that less brain power is available now?) No, I think we just re-direct our improvisation to things like random sequential googling,
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: doctor S(Does the fact that such improvisation is heard less now than in the past, suggest that less brain power is available now?) I'm guessing that it's probably more due to improvisatory skills not being emphasized as much
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by pinkfloydhomer @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

Double post.
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by rysowers @ Yesterday at 03:00 PM

I thought Florida State was the only school to offer a Masters in Piano Technology.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by Jonathan Alford @ Yesterday at 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerYou all seem to have this figured out. Except you don't factor in the things I wrote, or provide alternatives. Yes, I could go to Hamburg or similar, but it's not like it's just around the corner. Also, I would be
Jump to new posts Kawai CA-65 bench in North American market by Pierrerion @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

After holding on for more than a year, I finally made the decision to get the Kawai CA-65 and ordered one from my local dealer for 3350 C$ before tax. Estimated shipping is about 2 weeks. Now a question I have, is the bench that comes with this DP
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suites recital - fifth batch by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Hi, Andy! Just thought I'd pass on some additional information regarding "Les Muletiers devant le Christ de Llivia". This is from the liner notes of a record album that introduced me to de Severac, some 40 odd years ago: "After Blanch
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help identifying Young Chang grand by electone2007 @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: terminaldegree I don't think a Del-designed 7' YC is for sale here in the US. That's what I thought. From information I could gather online I think the longest YC grand piano that Del designed is 185 cm. Your reply seems to su
Jump to new posts Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by Valencia @ Yesterday at 02:57 PM

Hi Everyone, I need some ideas about reducing the sound of the ‘thump’ of my digital keyboard keys through the floor. I live in an apartment, and my downstairs neighbour has been good so far but she does tell me it sounds like I am ‘exercising’ up
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by A454.7 @ Yesterday at 02:53 PM

jim ialeggio, my first step is to identify the parameters of the situation (e.g., the space and pianist(s) involved). As trite as it sounds: I begin the process with careful observation of how the pianist physically/musically interacts with the piano
Jump to new posts Re: Gear4Music-who makes these? by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkarianYeah, Larry, I have played these Williams pianos at Guitar Center and they are utter shyte. I know you're on a budget, but I would strongly advise you to keep looking and saving your pence. Well I have no intention of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by joe80 @ Yesterday at 02:40 PM

No, you don't have five years to choose something else. You have a five year warranty which will come into force if the piano has a fault. Not liking a piano just because, doesn't count as a fault - at least not here in Britain. Be very careful. I me
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

FarmGirl : how cool that you're going to do a violin duet - and that Carey will be there too! What great fun. I checked your reference to Edward (as relates to Brahms Op10 N1) It isn't about a king , but it is a folk song/story. http://en.wikipedia
Jump to new posts Re: Ever suffer burnout? by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

Time to take on an apprentice.
Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C?
by Pover
11/23/14 09:54 AM
100 years old and music keeps her active
by Rich Galassini
11/23/14 07:45 AM
At 100 years old, she says music keeps her well
by Rich Galassini
11/23/14 07:36 AM
Chopin waltz in E minor (Op. Posth.) or Op.70/1
by Works1
11/23/14 06:22 AM
Antique Piano
by NeoNeo78
11/23/14 03:29 AM
Forum Stats
77013 Members
42 Forums
159288 Topics
2339890 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission