Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
147 registered (8ude, 36251, ajames, Al LaPorte, alerique, 36 invisible), 1753 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By AZNpianoI do have more information to update since my last post on this topic, but the new information will only solidify my previous opinions. I actually hope that you don't. The context of this thread does not fit that kind o
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice - and what happens when there isn't any? by scgrant @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By ajeales As a little, personal anecdote: as a teenager I learnt with the same piano teacher as my cousin. My cousin, however, routinely vomited behind a bush in her garden almost every week before going in for his lesson. Such w
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Just starting... by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Quote: . . . Nowadays I realized, for one hand, Roland has 10 levels of sensibility, what approximates it of an acoustic piano (I guess so), for another hand, Yamaha has just 5 levels. . . The "number of "touch" levels" does not
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Toddler2 @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

I always find it annoying when people are derogatory about a musician's talent because they don't like their music. Saying she isn't talented or is a mediocre writer is just silly. I suspect she has more talent and motivation than anyone belittling h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing Renner Hammers by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:00 PM

It is more difficult to bring down a shrill, harsh toned hammer and gain a stable, warm dynamic responding instrument than it is too take a dull, wooly toned hammer and bring it up. You bring up tone by reducing hammer mass, (especially in the top th
Piano Forum
Old Mason & Hamlin grands had straight legs with brass ferrules at the end, rather than the spade legs that your piano has. The underside view of the piano shows that the legs have been replaced.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mephisto Waltz (score book) -- new listings by pv88 @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

The previous seller "KALANEE" has apparently dropped out from the listing although the price has gone up again with the other seller, here:
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By INBoston We did not do any If there's something you'd like to do then why not just ask the teacher? Your teacher does not have telepathy and does not know what you would like to work on, or are just curious about, unless you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By JimF... Mrs JimF has days when my piano is an icepick in her ear... Oh dear. This must be hard for both of you! Fortunately, Brewer (says he) does not mind my practice, and puts in ear buds to do whatever he is doing. Rig
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: What is Jazz??? by Music Me @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

Michael Brecker - TOTALLY AGREE! +1
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GF and let-off by lolatu @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

I think the tabs were removable in the RM3 action, because it was an optional feature. In the GF action I have a feeling that they're not, although I don't have any photos and it's been a long time since I opened my CA95, so I can't fully remember.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By johnlewisgrantOn backcheck checking distance Reblitz at p. 187: Each hammer should check exactly 5/8" (16mm.) from the strings (rack). Igrec at p. 174: Typically, backchecking is adjusted between 1/2 and 5/8 (12 to 15 mm.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New member - need help identifying age of my Mason & Hamlin by PatrickBateman @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By Rich Galassini Thank you for the back up BDB. And of course if that IS the serial number, then the piano is not 5'4". They did not make model B's that early. We look forward to hearing more from you, PatrickBateman. (Plea
Piano Forum
The B is not the only 5'-4" piano they made, but that is definitely not a T.
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By acortotIf, on the other hand, the hammer is very light, to get the same amount of volume, while keeping the sound full (by not making the hammers hard) you necessarily need more velocity to get the same strength of tone. Erard Pi
Piano Forum
Those ersatz legs have GOT to go. Karl Watson, Staten Island, NY
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by MarieJ @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Hi, Drgnfly. Welcome to the wonderful world of Einaudi Groupies! Lots of information, advice, encouragement ...
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Ca 63 buzzing noise by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Bellicapelli, it may be worth contacting a Kawai dealer in your area, and/or Kawai's Italian distributor Furcht pianoforti to seek assistance. Even though I gather that you purchased your CA63 second hand, the dealer/distributor may still be willing
Jump to new posts Re: I've bought the Kawai CA17! by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

konstik, according to my colleague in distribution and logistics: L1490 x W700 x H530 (mm) I hope this helps. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing Renner Hammers by Seeker @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

There is a very interesting book and DVD by Andre Oorebeek called "The Voice of the Piano". I imagine, since the man has strongly held opinions and tastes, that there are those that disagree with him, but I believe that it is a book worth
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 or MP11: Redux by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By mezzopianoI was in the very same situation as yours, deciding between the MP11 and VPC1... Very interesting, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Reblitz vs Igrec on Backcheck and Rep Sprin regulation specs by johnlewisgrant @ Yesterday at 07:01 PM

My current rule of thumb is to rough in the backchecks at about 12 mm from the string, and then, to go back and forth between a spring tension that isn't so much as to permit the hammer to escape from check or to bobble against the string on light bl
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Sound Routing Question by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Yes, the UPRIGHT/MONO features two mono piano patches: 'Mono Pop Piano' and 'Mono Concert'. I hope this helps. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New member - need help identifying age of my Mason & Hamlin by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By BDBI suspect it is a very early Model A. 1906 seems reasonable, but the number under the keybed is probably not the serial number. If you look at the plate near the hitch pins for the lowest notes, the model designation is probab
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by acortot @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

I've been meaning to write something on the relationship between momentum and touch in the piano action. Early Pianos had light hammers, as pointed-out. Pape and Pleyel Pianos went out of their way to lighten the hammers as much as possible, even b
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A pin block question
by Thermodog
45 minutes 57 seconds ago
145 progression
by johan d
58 minutes 30 seconds ago
UpstairsDavid New-To-Me Kawai
by UpstairsDavid
59 minutes 22 seconds ago
Study Group: Gluck Melody from Orfeo (Sgambati)
by Michiyo-Fir
Today at 02:18 PM
Study Group: Chopin Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4
by Michiyo-Fir
Today at 02:10 PM
Forum Stats
82,532 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,390 Topics
2,493,959 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission