Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about finger reach! by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

You play the triplets with your right hand. Then you don't need a reach wider than an octave (well, not here, anyway ... there are couple of places in that piece that do require a slightly wider reach). FYI (though I suspect it's just a typo): this
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Good popular and classical songs for a piano gig? by Tony Romo @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveDvorak Humoresque, most people in an older generation might even know alternate words to that one Of the same style might consider Stephen Foster Beautiful Dreamer. (Here's a little
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Butt Plate - Replacement part? by musicNow @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Thanks to all for comments and suggestions. I found this particularly interesting: If one has broken, you should check to see if others are ready to break. One quick test is to push each hammer and shank toward the strings with your fingers. Let th
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: RicksterInteresting... Luckily, my grand pianos are located in areas with a concrete slab floor... a little more forgiving of the weight of a grand/baby grand. When my dad built their house years ago, he put the floor joists,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Question about finger reach! by Plopsy @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

Hi all, this is my first topic on the forum, though I've been lurking for a while! I'm only a beginner, playing for a few months. I've only had a couple of lessons and no one near me do lessons during the summer so I'll have to make do with teaching
Piano Forum
I have a wooden house from 1950, and when I settle on a new piano, I'd like to do a side-by-side comparison with the old one. I'm wondering whether it'll be safe to put them next to eachother or if both pianos will end up falling through to the basem
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the purpose of learning a song's chords? by Dave B @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

For me, my development was very stagnant until I started looking at harmony and chord progressions. That might be because it's my favorite part of the music. Enjoy
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyNot bad at all. When the floor is being reinforced, maybe your piano can walk into a bar with a Priest, as Rabbi, and an Imam. I think that joke writes itself
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Installed an LX system on my Baldwin C by Grandpianoman @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Amazing! The recording sounds great. I recommended those mics and digital recorder to Roy. I could do that same setup for the LX, but not for the Ampico...too much mechanical noise from the Ampico mechanisim. When Zenph first came on the scene
Piano Forum
Interesting... Luckily, my grand pianos are located in areas with a concrete slab floor... a little more forgiving of the weight of a grand/baby grand. When my dad built their house years ago, he put the floor joists, wall studs, ceiling joists and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OK so a 700 pound grand piano walks into my house and... by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Not bad at all. When the floor is being reinforced, maybe your piano can walk into a bar with a Priest, a Rabbi, and an Imam.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things are not working out for me by Dave B @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

I had to keep telling my son that in life the view is worth the climb. Last year he came up to me and told me how I am right. Lucky for him he's only 20 yrs old. It took me much longer to realize this. Enjoy
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro by Art_Vandelay @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Wow, that was some detailed instruction! Clearly I need to move and take lessons from you, Bruce.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Surge protection? by bgiles @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: MacMacMacWait until the battery fails. After a year or two, poof. No more protection. And you don't even know it ... until the power goes out. Most modern UPS's carry out periodic automatic battery checks, with an alarm if it fa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Good popular and classical songs for a piano gig? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveDvorak Humoresque, most people in an older generation might even know alternate words to that one Of the same style might consider Stephen Foster Beautiful Dreamer. (Here's a little known fact: the subject of Dvorak
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Good popular and classical songs for a piano gig? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

Dvorak Humoresque, most people in an older generation might even know alternate words to that one Of the same style might consider Stephen Foster Beautiful Dreamer.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Sufficient for a Newbie by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

Nope
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

O Great Ice Princess - Hast thyne own piano risen to the heights of the sampled digital?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Sufficient for a Newbie by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

The unfortunate fact is that most people who start down that path don't choose to stay on it. My question back to you is, how much money are you willing to risk against the possibility you might not stick with it? Another question: If you believe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things are not working out for me by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Donzo - most people regret what they didn't accomplish more than what they did I really like the way you put this.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opening up an old Piano by Eric Gloo @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

Here's a link to a thread I posted a few years ago, containing photos from an Ivers & Pond catalog. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...ond%20Cata.html
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by A443 @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXThis is not at all my understanding, but I'm checking the facts and will post again when I have them. The factory is already gone; I watched it come down myself. The pianos are now 100% made in the suburb of Wiener Neust
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro by BruceD @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

I agree with what Michael was suggesting when he said that this was too "literal" an interpretation of the score; at the moment it lacks a sense of expansiveness that the very title suggests. Indeed, there are some places in the score that
Piano Forum
...it turns out the sub-floor under my house in that area really does not like the whole idea, a lot. The piano is in the middle of the sub-floor joist span to start with, and all three piano legs are resting on the 3/4 inch plywood sub-floor with n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Sweet06To say that people enjoy music because of flaws I can't really get on board with. I think its just a defensive mechanism because we CAN'T be perfect, not because we SHOULDN'T strive for it. I think people SHOULD strive t
Page 11 of 21 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 >
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
85 registered (AndrewJCW, ando, Alux, andwi, AndyG123, 24 invisible), 1354 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75509 Members
42 Forums
156147 Topics
2293099 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mendelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
Today at 04:08 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 02:46 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 01:47 AM
Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear
by khopin
Today at 12:54 AM
How struts define pitch variation between tunings
by Bosendorff
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission