Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
128 registered (Albunea, Auntie Lynn, anotherscott, anamnesis, accordeur, Augustina, 36 invisible), 1447 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By hreichgottI can't put my finger on it but there is something quite condescending about the view of adult beginners in that article. It's as if she assumes ABs have half the motivation and 1/10 the attention span of a small child.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Campanella12It is great to see passion about highest quality pianos run this strong. However, experience has shown that it takes a very good piano in combination with strong distribution and marketing to succeed. How did Faz
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By fizikistokeystring Just to play devil's advocate, there are also some teachers who emphasize fundamentals to the exclusion of actually making music, particularly music that their students recognize and enjoy. If you give up
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by casinitaly @ Today at 05:46 AM

Just as a point of interest --- how many people should be in a cycle? It don't think it is logical to have a very big group. There needs to be a cut off point where you stop and go back to check the original version. Maybe restrict each cycle to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by Michael Sayers @ Today at 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By CinnamonbearAh-ha. A recording. I suspect that the pianist who gave these examples *could* clearly hear the difference at the keyboard and in the room. Unfortunately for us, we stand hardly a chance to hear the "clear"
Adult Beginners Forum
Nikolas dire tonic Alexander Borro Valencia casinitaly PianoStudent88 Jytte Greener Polyphonist Rerun
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by armani @ Today at 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By lophiomysHello IMOL, Don't know what to explain more. The key clicking got more and more audible over time. Maybe some videos would help? YT: MP7 Edwin Key Clicking D4 short YT: Kawai MP7 Edwin RH2 KeyClicking C2 C3 The
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by armani @ Today at 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By armaniCould it be possible to download the pdf elsewhere ... onedrive is really a pain need to sign in Did you try the link? I could download the PDF without needing to sign in. James x of co
Pianist Corner
Very cool.
Originally Posted By BrometeoDon't you hear overhelming growing resonance with frequency mix that hides original frequency? I have played this again today and I hear nothing I think I should not hear. Then again, I know for a fact that my ears are n
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Scriabin67Even Glen Gould did all sorts of tape edits on his recordings, to get closer to the musical perfection he wanted. Gould is hardly a good example - he happily admitted to manipulating all his recordings in the most
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P105 or P45? by T E Bekken @ Today at 05:04 AM

I have a P-35 and a Casio PX-150. Both are excellent inexpensive pianos. The Casio has better keys, I think, but the Yamaha has better internal speakers. For a beginner, I believe any one of them would do. The P-105 too... Choose the cheapest.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dire tonicwhy haven't you signed up! I`m about to shovel chippings . . . you know, Sunday morning relaxation . . .
Jump to new posts Re: What to check for when buying a used DP? by Hendrik42 @ Today at 05:02 AM

Yes, check the keys while it is turned off to check for funny noise or funny feel. Check if the pedal is fine. Not only with foot, but also by hand. If the volume control is a turn-knob or slider (and not a +1/-1 digital control), check if it works
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7-year-old on metronome practice by bennevis @ Today at 04:59 AM

I hardly remember any of my teachers ever using the metronome with me - I can recall that once or twice, they used it with exam pieces, but only to check the tempi where the metronome mark is given, never the rhythm (i.e. I never played along with it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano notes vs another instrument by keystring @ Today at 04:59 AM

I think I explained myself clearly the first time around, and trust that it will be helpful for whoever needs it.
Jump to new posts Re: How long to wear out a DP ? by Hendrik42 @ Today at 04:57 AM

I think the maintenance level (things like cleaning, action lube touch up) and the usage level (single player, family, school) are the most important variables. Then comes environment (Dusty? Extreme temperature? Humidity?) and other things. Of cou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song from my youth by prody @ Today at 04:48 AM

Nope, I don't sing professionally. Thanks for everybody who helped out. Special thanks to bennevis and ando! Just found the sheet music, it looks more difficult than what I've seen so far.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by verqueue @ Today at 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By AndyMc I enjoyed the sensitivity of your playing, a light touch with just the right amount of darkness in the climatic passages Thank you, AndyMc. Originally Posted By zrtf90 I thought perhaps the ends of the of the groups in M
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Today at 04:34 AM

Why haven't you signed up!
Jump to new posts Re: Convince me? by dire tonic @ Today at 04:31 AM

I would be wary about splashing out. Do you definitely want another Steinway? These days, I keep four pianos on my desktop from time to time switching between them occasionally, not too often, just to listen to the difference. In the comparison, FW
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by Works1 @ Today at 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By SvennoThanks for all the suggestions, but i'm afraid I was wrong - I have too much other repertoire to learn, to learn another piece in such an amount of time. I think this is wise.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By 8 OctavesI find derogatory expressions targeting "Chinese", "Hispanics", "Blacks", "Girls", unacceptable. Expressions like "he runs like a girl" or "she runs like a girl&quo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by Svenno @ Today at 04:06 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions, but i'm afraid I was wrong - I have too much other repertoire to learn, to learn another piece in such an amount of time.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Today at 04:05 AM

Nikolas dire tonic Alexander Borro Valencia casinitaly PianoStudent88 Jytte Greener Polyphonist
Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Problem with CASIO CDP-200R
by Peter188
05/24/15 05:29 PM
Sweet Spot in Piano Size?
by nwpiano
05/24/15 04:11 PM
Assistance appreciated (intermediate-ish?)
by Venividivici
05/24/15 03:35 PM
Messian "La colombe"
by Eric NYC
05/24/15 02:47 PM
Charles Walter - Recent Pricing
by gte937k
05/24/15 02:08 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,399 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,307 Topics
2,410,013 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission