Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
100 registered (AZNpiano, Ankur Sethi, agraffe, Andriuska, 36251, 24 invisible), 2032 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise by PhilipInChina @ Today at 09:31 AM

This house creaks and snaps all day and night. I love it but anybody of a nervous disposition probably would not. I contacted my technician. He suggested that it was probably due to humidity, or rather lack thereof. So I have got my patent humidifie
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano - Help with shortlist! by Bambers @ Today at 09:17 AM

Can't hear any key noise? There's some creaking/tapping but it's not in time with the notes, I think that's a case of poor cameraman creaking the floorboards, or possibly a kid/dog messing in the background. Actions can get quite clunky with age but
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Massive dehumidifier recall! by kennyz @ Today at 09:03 AM

http://www.recallrtr.com/dehumidifier Check this website, you'll need your make, model and serial number. There are 3.4 million units, manufactured by quite a few companies including frigidaire, kenmore,keystone that are under this reca
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano - Help with shortlist! by petes1 @ Today at 09:02 AM

2001? -- stay far away from that keyboard. Anything made in the last 3 years will completely blow that model out of the water.
Piano Forum
Thank you Max. I think this instrument is about three years older than my Bluthner grand.
Piano Forum
EU131 is a good pick in today's market. Lots of value. The Hardman 117 that was mentioned years ago, may still be the front runner...it's pretty well built, no plastic in the action and seems like it would work well for a family that wants new, but
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by hreichgott @ Today at 08:43 AM

For context, here's the kind of list my daughter's teacher puts in her notebook. She's 8, playing Kabalevsky "The Clown" and a lot of easier pieces with a traditional (non-Suzuki) teacher. This takes about 20-25 min a day at the beginning o
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano - Help with shortlist! by Mizpah @ Today at 08:41 AM

Just adding a quick follow up! I just found this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262815825991?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true - but was a little put off by how old it is (2001!? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clavinova) - I then foun
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just getting to the bench by Rerun @ Today at 08:38 AM

Hey Alans, from experience I'd tell you to find what's fun in playing ... there is probably some element of this journey that is fun to do that you haven't stumbled on yet. For me it was working with rhythm plus playing tunes I like and friends/fam
Adult Beginners Forum
Try playing a melody using one finger or one finger from each hand. Using just the middle finger of each hand you will probably keep the finger still relative to your hand and just use arm weight. This is the basis of pianoforte technique. Pick a so
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by hreichgott @ Today at 08:33 AM

Well, bear in mind for this level the pieces are very short so it takes maybe 45 seconds to play a review piece. For that kind of focused short section work then playthrough on a working piece, maybe 3 minutes if everything is fresh in their minds (i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Frequency analysis of piano tone by Charles Cohen @ Today at 08:31 AM

I don't know what publicly-available resources are available for acoustic pianos. I'm sure that the makers of "sample libraries" for sample-based software pianos have lots of knowledge, and guard it carefully. As do the makers of Pianoteq
Yamaha P115 vs Roland FP30 vs Kawai ES110
Jump to new posts Digital Piano - Help with shortlist! by Mizpah @ Today at 08:17 AM

Hi Folks, Long time lurker - but first time posting! I am in the market for digital piano, and after some research have put together a features shortlist - but I am looking for help rounding up the piano's I should be considering based on the short
Bonners NAMM - Yamaha P115 vs Roland FP30 vs Kawai ES110
Bonners at NAMM - Kawai ES110
I never complained about the XL+ tone quality. If you don't like the sound of a patch, you can change it. I recently bought a whole new sound-set for it, from "psalm37", via eBay. Lots of really nice basses and pads, around $20. There's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Frequency analysis of piano tone by Davdoc @ Today at 08:05 AM

I have had this question in mind for a while, and I apologize if this is not the right forum to ask. I am not referring to the description of piano tone, which is individual and of course highly subjective. Not being a scientist/engineer in this fi
Member Recordings
[NEW] MARKIPLIER - Back That A$$ Up - Cool Songs (Piano Cover + Piano Tutorial) Hello Markiplier and fans Enjoy my piano cover of Markiplier's "Back That A$$ Up" by Cool Songs. Hope you like my piano arrangement of it! Piano Cover https:/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to upgrade to a baby grand/grand piano by lkplatow @ Today at 07:54 AM

You are going to get a much better value for your budget by limiting yourself to used grands. This forum is full of piano techs who see people get burned all the time buying junk on ebay/craigslist as well as dealers who make their livelihood selling
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha SX series? by Davdoc @ Today at 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeI believe there were two on display- one in the premium piano room (by appointment only this year) and another in the main Yamaha room. If I recall my conversation with the product designers (note: this conversation
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by brooster @ Today at 07:53 AM

Bonners at NAMM with Kawai model overview including CN27 ans CN37 Bonners at NAMM - CN37 Bonners at NAMM - CN27
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulties playing mezzoforte and with a good tone by Charles Cohen @ Today at 07:51 AM

Quote:Another part of the problem seems to be the difference between my upright at home and the grand at school. It's puzzling. The keys of my upright have more resistance than the grand, they feel 'heavier'. But then it feels counterintuitive that t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new piano out of the crate by Davdoc @ Today at 07:47 AM

While Yamaha pianos are indeed known for fair consistency out of factory (I/family have owned 3 over the years), I did notice some tonal variation of the same floor models in my local dealer's same showrooms at two different visits. It might be due
Adult Beginners Forum
Just do what your teacher tells you to do and you will be just fine.
Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Suggestions for contemporary piano pieces?
by piano2002
01/22/17 10:41 PM
Let's see your home made tuning hammers!
by Tom Delmonte
01/22/17 10:12 PM
Bösendorfer CEUS discontinued?
by Corvus
01/22/17 08:49 PM
Cord/Key Conflict
by TomGould
01/22/17 05:06 PM
Key top replacement
by kennyz
01/22/17 03:21 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,345 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,954 Topics
2,591,265 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission