Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTThe simplest way to approach making an action is to unify the production of the tone quality and dynamic range with the feel at the key. That is what pianists are after, they don't care what the numbers say. It
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: upgrade from Kawai CN34 to CA65 - how much to pay by khopin @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Morodiene, The MP11 is no available, so it is not an option at this time. I can ask the dealer if he could bring for the next time. Anyway it is not the model I like the most. Kapelli, thank for your comments, i agree with you. dmd, I not a beginne
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by keystring @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: A443Score reading is not about hand-eye coordination: it is an intellectual process that occurs primarily AWAY from the piano. One must first learn how to read the score, in order to see the patterns--none of that has anything t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: JoelW Even the first prelude is more difficult than most think. How is it more difficult? Of course a Schiff or Gould will forever play it better than a beginner, but this prelude is one that can very well be played by a begi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seiler 186 Maestro Grand by Sam4 @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Yeah it seems that all you can get is Ebony on the 2nd hand market, although I have seen a few satin mahogany ones in Scotland, really if I'm spending that kinda money I'd like to get what I want right? I should shouldn't I? I don't mind ebony bu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Were these old Richmond Studio uprights any good? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

I'm thinking about restoring this one: http://tucson.craigslist.org/fuo/4630372717.html The owner said about 3/4 of the white keys were chipped, so that will be some work to replace them. She wasn't sure about when it was made. I'll give it a rou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Thanks, Ed, for steering things back to the topic.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unison detuning? by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyIn my opinion the notion altering the tuning or coloring of a unison for sustain is merely compensation for a deficiency in voicing, scaling, or some other flaw in the inherent tone of an instrument. I see this differen
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: A443Score reading is not about hand-eye coordination: it is an intellectual process that occurs primarily AWAY from the piano. One must first learn how to read the score, in order to see the patterns--none of that has anything t
Jump to new posts Re: Ivories: To save or not to save by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

About how long does it take to replace all the ivories on an upright piano? I do have an industrial heat gun, but not sure I have enough clamps....
Jump to new posts Re: Ivories: To save or not to save by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

Oh my gosh, Thank you Ed, That means a lot.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seiler 186 Maestro Grand by aesop @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

Hi Sam, If you really love the sound of Schimmel Konzert, then why not consider to accept an ebony one? I know that Schimmel can make their pianos in several kinds of appearences, and they are really good at doing this - more pretty, and artistic lo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by Carbonblob @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

hey pover, I've been working on this piece for a couple of months. This seems to be a pretty advanced piece given your time at the piano but I was pretty well along at 3 years too. You sound like me! Here's what I did and maybe it will help. There
Jump to new posts Re: Ivories: To save or not to save by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

No standard that I have heard of. The key-top work you did for me was the best I have ever seen.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Real piano makes star happy, Agree? Disagree? by Barry1963 @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

I own both but love my acoustic
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: SiFi No argument about the cultural decadence point either. I don't think it's as bad as some people think (I never listen to "From the Top" but I know there's some serious talent going on there), and, with respect to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trinity ATCL exam questions by slava_richter @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Thanks for the reply, Heather. That's actually very helpful - now I know exactly what 'long repeat means'. The last exam I did was 18 years ago (RCM) so I have completely forgotten about all the rules and common practices. I will time the Haydn with
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

I know when I look at the picture of the action for the "Mammoth Upright" that it is unplayable because of inertia. It is certainly a tour-de-force of mechanical ingenuity on Mr. Chernobieffs part. I know Chris is an exceptional mechanic, c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pain in hands while playing piano - looking for advice! by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Justin_BI do have a piano teacher, who thinks my technique is correct after explaining all of this to him and showing him my technique. ... Iím always tense while playing them slowly. ... I seem to keep putting pressure on notes
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Real piano makes star happy, Agree? Disagree? by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

I think there are a lot of digital owners who never experienced working on a piece of music from beginning to end completely on a good acoustic piano, especially when pedaling is part of the music. Good acoustic meaning well maintained, well regulat
Jump to new posts Re: Unison detuning? by Olek @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyOriginally Posted By: Paul678Interesting discussion. In the recording world (or electric guitar world), when you add a chorus effect on a sound, you take a copy of the original and pitch shift it up and down slightly, an
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: jim ialeggio Nothing of what Ed or Del is saying is "new". Rather, as your well designed Chickering action is quantifying, Chickering, from the factory, designed and implemented an action, which relative to anything
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottPlenty of Bach looks and sounds easy, but is actually quite hard. Even the first prelude is more difficult than most think.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trinity ATCL exam questions by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

"Long repeat" means any more than 8-12 measures, as far as I know. Yes, it seems odd to skip exposition repeats, but it's conventionally done in adjudications and competitions -- they aren't really performances, and you have a time limit.
Jump to new posts Re: Unison detuning? by Olek @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

I was under the impression that the tuner "control" the phase when tuning, even if we only can hear the effect, Seem to me that perfect phase is not attainable with 3 strings, only at the moment of impact and under ideal conditions the 3 s
Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Arpeggios! How and how much do you practice them?
by malkin
09/21/14 04:17 PM
Canon in D in 2+ parts/voices
by kobethuy
09/21/14 02:50 PM
Advice on Hammer purchase.
by plns
09/21/14 01:37 PM
Light Hammers- Computer Analysis of 3 Grand Piano Actions
by chernobieff
09/21/14 01:12 PM
Kawai AT-120 47" From 1995?
by johnntran123
09/21/14 01:11 PM
Who's Online
139 registered (accordeur, 36251, alans, 45 invisible), 1476 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76277 Members
42 Forums
157671 Topics
2315938 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission