Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
104 registered (ando, AdrianR, 7sax, András Lieber, accordeur, 22 invisible), 1992 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practise with Goals by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:20 AM

I prefer goal-orientation along with "work on this goal until it gels and don't look, at the clock", but that isn't always practical. I freelance, work comes unexpectedly, unpredictably. Sometimes I'll have 15 hour days (nights). On thos
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By prout In a DP, the 'stereo effect' is created by artificially distorting the computed waveform, using the above mentioned effects. Wait, is this true? Is it true universally? I've seen pics of multi-mic'd sampling sessions that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone play any of Handel's Suites ... ? by prout @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

Handel was big into double dotted performance style, even though the music is marked single dots. Have fun playing with the interpretation. Hard to beat the clarity of the harpsichord. Glad you are enjoying the Handel using that sound. Isn't it int
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by scorpio @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

31. Hallelujah! by Martha Mier from Jazz, Rags & Blues Book 1 ( https://youtu.be/F7-_KcolBhU )
Jump to new posts Nord Piano 3 - no 73 key keyboard by lance111 @ Yesterday at 11:13 AM

I have been holding out for a 73 key keyboard that has a more realistic feel while also being lighter weight. I believe that keyboard would be the Nord Piano 3 - 73 key keyboard. However there is a catch. Nord only makes the Nord Piano 3 with 88 k
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: GoPro for Piano Recording by prout @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

In addition to the digital capability, I am also very impressed with the audio on my iPad pro. I use it for signal generation - the app I use disables the filters and allows an absolutely flat audio output from 20Hz to 21kHz at a vanishingly small T
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone play any of Handel's Suites ... ? by pianopi @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

Right now I am working on the Suite in G Major (HWV 441). I have a relatively good digital piano (Privia 850) and it is interesting and really enjoyable to play it on the harpsichord setting. No dynamics, so you have to rely on other methods of artic
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by emenelton @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By jjo That ending, in effect, starts a turnaround, aborts it, and starts it over again. The Eb7 served the function of getting you back to the tonic to start the turnaround again. That, however, doesn't explain it's function in
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginners: Strengthening the left hand by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

Play something simple with the right hand, like a 5-finger pentascale going up, then mirror it in the left hand by playing a 5-finger pentascale going down. Make the left hand feel like the right hand while playing. If it feels different, see if you
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by prout @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

Does your headset jack have three segments - a tip, a ring, and a long sleeve? That is a stereo jack. If it has just a tip and a long sleeve, it is a monaural headset.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

10. Kris Shendo - Cattle Call, Opus 17, No.22 I think that Grieg is one of the "forgotten" composers of these recitals. I mean, there are several contributions of his music at recitals but I think he should be more played. Look at this pie
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practise with Goals by malkin @ Yesterday at 10:45 AM

I never really have any idea how long it will take to accomplish anything. My goal for practice is to "work on this." Maybe I'll get it or maybe I will need to work on it more another time.
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by prout @ Yesterday at 10:42 AM

Keystring - you are using audacity. Try this. Record a short segment of music, a scale, whatever, into audacity using the setup you have. Left Click on "Audio Track", select "split stereo tracks". You will now have two independe
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginners: Strengthening the left hand by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 10:41 AM

How old is the student? Big difference between a five year-old and an 80 year-old.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital "Grands" by Major Major @ Yesterday at 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By Piano WorldMajor Major, I'm curious what it is you miss about your digital versus your acoustic? I can understand why most would think it a foolish move but I am not completely thrilled with the new acoustic. It has consta
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsI called the mom, who didn't answer, but the "teen" immediately called me back to ask why I was calling. I replied that I wanted to speak to her mom prior to her lesson. Mom called me and I explained th
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy this used VPC1? by newer player @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Assuming this VPC1 is being offered in the US, use caution with both eBay and PayPal. Neither is close to "bullet-proof". You can find plenty of damage-return nightmare stories on the internet. eBay and PayPal's revenues are driven by vol
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorizers are the best at Ear by Sam S @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

When I memorize something, I know that if I cannot hear it play back in my head, I cannot play it. My teacher had me do an exercise where I slowed the piece down so much that it no longer sounded correct in my head - and my memory failed at that poin
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by JoBert @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

The stereo separation of the CA 97 sound (bass on the left, treble on the right) is very noticeable with headphones. So I would start at the beginning: Connect your headphones and try if you can hear that the sound of the lowest key comes more from
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Old vs new Schimmel grand piano models by klutz @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

Finally got around to starting to shop for an acoustic piano. I particularly enjoyed hearing and sorta playing a Schimmel K125 upright. It had such a strong and clear bass register compared to a C120 sitting next to it. Of course it was kinda pric
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by jjo @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

In the second ending, it makes some sense. That ending, in effect, starts a turnaround, aborts it, and starts it over again. The Eb7 served the function of getting you back to the tonic to start the turnaround again. That, however, doesn't expla
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tones visually by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

Thanks, How are the X,Y and Z axis defined on the screen and what form is the input signal in? Do you have some pictures of perfectly phased and in tune notes?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 10:26 AM

02. MeganR - Sonatina in G Playing Beethoven after only 20 months of experience is something I could not achieve... So, I've to congratulate you by this two movements. You really know what you're doing. Nice nice nice. 40. noobpianist90 - Waltz in
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pricing advice for a Grotrian Steinweg grand
by AdrianR
12/09/16 09:26 AM
What difference does a key make?
by hyena
12/09/16 07:42 AM
Roland RP401r, Casio AP-460 or something else?
by András Lieber
12/09/16 07:40 AM
Prelude in G minor by Rachmaninoff: counter melody
by symbol60
12/09/16 04:34 AM
Solo Concert at Mezzrow in NYC 11/16
by Dfrankjazz
12/09/16 01:35 AM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,824 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,880 Topics
2,577,341 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission