Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
55 registered (casinitaly, Chris Leslie, cfrederi, Bellicapelli, 17 invisible), 1006 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage uprights really not worth rebuilding? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 07:24 AM

Quote:The thing is most people don't want to spend more on something than it is worth. Most old uprights having been rebuilt would be worth far less than the cost of the rebuild. So unless there is a compelling personal reason to rebuild, why would y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What They Didn't Tell You About The 10,000-Hour Rule by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 07:21 AM

Originally Posted By 8 Octaves It means you can’t come home, do the dishes, mow the lawn, take care of your kids. Someone has to do that stuff for you. That was my argument, Is science saying I can stop mowing the lawn? You don't need to tell me
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared Piano? by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 07:11 AM

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 07:06 AM

PS88, with the Schubert book, even if you just do first and second species you've got a nice basis. And that is a great book. In my opinion the best contemporary book there is. The grandfather of contemporary counterpoint books is http://www.opus28.c
Jump to new posts Re: Who appreciates tone quality more? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 07:04 AM

Fitting new damper felts to an overdamper action is a job I have only ever done once. I used the correct 'end grain' felt (which I don't know if you can still get from the supply houses) and the little hard strip for the last few treble ones. It was
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by mcoll @ Yesterday at 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By mcollTo conclude - progress or no progress? Which do you prefer?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by Compianist @ Yesterday at 07:01 AM

I sit upright, hands held straight and horizontally at the keyboard and fingers curved perpendicularly, at the middle C region of the keyboard.
Jump to new posts A 435 tuning fork needed. by music kitchen @ Yesterday at 06:58 AM

I wish to request for any possible assistance from any member of this forum to get a copy of A435hz tuning fork. I have tried to get from any available dealer online but to no avail.Any information as to how I can have a copy is highly appreciated.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Similar pieces to Pachebel's Canon în D by Compianist @ Yesterday at 06:54 AM

For some reason, I think Friends Forever, by Vitamin C, sounds very similar to the Pachelbel Canon in D by Bach. I think the harmonic progression is the same throughout the whole song.
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by slobajudge @ Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By JoeTOriginally Posted By pianophilThank you JoeT, you are the first one who noticed this bug. We will correct it. I didn`t notice either. Salute to you JoeT. Waiting for Modartt.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by TonyB @ Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Duane has another product tat really isn't a "course", but is a collection of 14 DVDs, each focused o one subject. These are modulation, pedaling, improvising using minor 7 chords, transposition, waterfall runs, 2-1 and 3-1 chord breaks, m
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by JoeT @ Yesterday at 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By pianophilThank you JoeT, you are the first one who noticed this bug. We will correct it.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I played it worse at home. by pianoMom2006 @ Yesterday at 06:47 AM

My 9 year old son generally plays the best at his lessons, second best at home, and worst at recitals. I'm not sure where testing fits in exactly though since he's only been tested once. Interestingly though, my son does speak better in front of a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by Sam S @ Yesterday at 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By RicksterThe Atlanta Craigslist is pretty much dominated by one particular used piano dealer with his various, and numerous piano ads. I've mentioned it so many times here I'm kind of tired of talking about it. But whenever I look
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by JoeT @ Yesterday at 06:43 AM

Originally Posted By mcollWhat do the 20-year old uprights have to do with what I've said? The upright piano action behaves like what you know as two-sensor digital piano action since it came into existence. If you can't play upright pianos properly,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by DiarmuidD @ Yesterday at 06:41 AM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By bennevisAnd yes, the different piano tones when heard in such context is immediately apparent. I'd love to see you in a real blind test, the number of people I've seen stumped (myself included) w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by Leaviathan @ Yesterday at 06:30 AM

Lots of great responses! I think a CD is possible. Native Instruments has Akoustik Piano which features the Bechstein, Bosendorfer and Steinway, so it's possible to sample every one on the market. (each individual model)
Bingo! The sloppy and inaccurate use of words in their commonly accepted meanings is central to this diversion. Even the journalist who appears to write under the banner of the University of Chicago has a penchant for writing tabloid style sensatio
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by pianophil @ Yesterday at 06:24 AM

Originally Posted By JoeTOriginally Posted By Scherbakov AlexYou have included a curve "note-off" in Pianoteq? (It is disabled by default.) Note-off velocity is not involved. If the damper is immediately lifted again, a note should continue
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by Beemer @ Yesterday at 06:10 AM

Originally Posted By ghosthandOriginally Posted By Beemer The middle of my concert seat is exactly in line with middle C. This of course is not in the middle of the piano. Ian Yeah, it could be a difference of several millimetres. *lol* In case
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Books on Pianos and their Story by Withindale @ Yesterday at 06:05 AM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiThe Book of the Piano, ed. Dominic Gill. Although published in 1981, remains one of my favs. Thanks for the recommendation. Good articles; interesting photos; great sketch of Schnabel; discographies; etc. On Amazon UK
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 05:56 AM

I was taught to sit at Middle C, so that is the general place where I sit... I do not measure it, but just check that I can reach the pedals comfortably and that it feels right... so somewhere in the vicinity of Middle C.
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by mcoll @ Yesterday at 05:54 AM

What do the 20-year old uprights have to do with what I've said? Or maybe there have been major technological breakthroughs in the upright action in the last 20 years that I'm unaware of. I was merely making a case for progress as opposed to ignorin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What They Didn't Tell You About The 10,000-Hour Rule by noobpianist90 @ Yesterday at 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By ghosthandI guess that every sane person interprets the "rule" as "to reach mastery, you usually must work +10000 hours, even if ever so talented". We shouldn't forget that if one keeps practicing while playi
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by maurus @ Yesterday at 05:41 AM

Dave is right (and indeed this has nothing to do with a certain JC). Let the kid play with whatever she wants. If it's a real piano, fine. If it's a ball, dolls or wooden bricks, or anything else, fine. Don't even think about a special pedagogical
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bad classicists
by mischeli
04/30/16 04:52 AM
"Avoid Notes" sucks
by mischeli
04/30/16 04:46 AM
Advice on used Charles Walter 1500
by maxbet777
04/29/16 10:36 PM
Comparing Kawai CA63 to new sub $1600 pianos
by jamf
04/29/16 10:34 PM
SPORTS (MUSICIANSHIP) PSYCHOLOGY AND SELF EFFICACY
by sam abdel
04/29/16 09:51 PM
Forum Stats
83,459 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,302 Topics
2,519,888 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission