Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
101 registered (AndyP, A Guy, AmateurBob, Almaviva, 30 invisible), 1122 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tulsa OK VS Boston MA by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Hi Larry: My mother was from Amarillo in the Texas Panhandle. I still remember visiting Palo Duro Canyon State Park as kid long ago. Really spectacular. http://www.palodurocanyon.com/ Worth a visit. Will
Pianist Corner
Do you mind if I ask how your reading skills are? The difficulty of this project will be determined by how well you can read through pieces. I think if you can sight read through any of the nocturnes, even if it's at a super slow tempo, you are ready
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Do purchase it then! I hope you know where to find the score... Since I'm visiting London for the Music Education Expo, I had to stop a think on what "music education" means and I decided that music education doesn't stop at the age of 10
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another snow day. by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 12:38 PM

I'm sure the crocuses are up, but who can see them under the blanket of snow? Indoors, my lemon tree has bloomed, and my fig tree is...figging. My teacher is going to come today and give a lesson to my daughter. She laughs in Russian (to the ext
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another snow day. by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By chopin_r_usNot exactly t-shirt weather here but the crocuses should be out any day now. Better dig out my Rustle of Spring Or Vår ["Spring"] by Oskar Lindberg and at the link below as played by Lars Roos. https://
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 3/3/15 by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Haha, it's interesting to hear which notes he sings along with when he gets into it. It's often a slow-moving inner line, sometimes the top melody. There was minimal coughing, he seems to be coming to terms with that these days, even inviting it duri
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Question to the stage piano's users by bennevis @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By stamkorgFor those who play on a stage piano + monitors at home, Don't you feel disconnected by the lack of vibrations in your fingers? Oddly enough, it's not the lack of vibes (vibrations ) in the keys that bother me - I ne
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do we memorize a piece on the piano? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 12:35 PM

She used to post in here until she got too busy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by joe80 @ Yesterday at 12:34 PM

- Karl, you know how museums are usually pretty good at a little smoke and mirrors - so perhaps it is one of the Streichers that Brahms used, but used it quite a lot. Clara Schumann also used the piano. It might not be the one that was bombed in the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt in his upper floor salon, again very high resolution by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By careyOriginally Posted By Groove OnThese are fantastic images. Where exactly is this room, Weimar? Budapest? Philadelphia, I believe. The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by thems
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt in his upper floor salon, again very high resolution by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By Groove OnThese are fantastic images. Where exactly is this room, Weimar? Budapest? Weimar.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Which Forum Would Render Technical Help Doctoring an Audio ? by Joey Townley @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

I've gone through the list of forums and cannot find one specifically tailored to this situation: I want to turn a video of my music score, which SnagIt screen capture rendered in MP4, to Avi so I can edit a new audio onto the video; Windows MM does
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another snow day. by DanS @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

Palmgren-Snowflakes
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: feeling stupid with chord progs - again by Maarkr @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

here's the reference I saw... I may not even have the chords right. it's a mash of many pop country songs with the same prog and other features... https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1026261527390221&pnref=story
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update - USB Recording by lophiomys @ Yesterday at 12:19 PM

OneWatt, Your intention to help is very much appreciated. But since USB recording is flawed with my MP7, no matter how many diffrent USB sticks I give it a try with, I doubt you would be able to help, without the access to the source code of the fi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another snow day. by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakesI don't know who else is on the East Coast of the United States, but gee, how much more snow can we get? Early this year I made a special request to the Creator for the last surge of snow and ice in Sweden to be tran
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another snow day. by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 12:12 PM

Not exactly t-shirt weather here but the crocuses should be out any day now. Better dig out my Rustle of Spring
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to wait for the right student? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By piano_friendOh, I see, so out of 20 students only 4 would be great. You can't really slap a number on such a thing. I used to run a studio of 80% talented, motivated, and exceptional students with super-supportive parents. No
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: feeling stupid with chord progs - again by dmd @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

Chord progressions can be anything a composer wishes to use to accompany his melody. If it sounds the way he wishes it to sound it is right. The only reason there are progressions we consider "standard" is because they are used most often
lophiomys - Thanks for your prompt followup. I appreciate you don't want to be a beta tester (me neither!) but without the additional context it's hard for Kawai or anyone else to begin to figure out the cause of a problem to be fixed. Two side-by
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tulsa OK VS Boston MA by Burnside Piano @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

Tulsa is known for an active live music scene; there should be a local independent newspaper that lists the highlights for that week's issue.
Originally Posted By Kawai JamesI wonder if Modartt will port Pianoteq to the iPad... Cheers, James x Modartt have been asked many times but there are no plans. I guess the problem is financial. Why should they do it if they are getting much lar
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!! by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By pianoman9 Later on, you can drop the counting, because you know what the patterns sound like, but the beginner must start from the fundamentals. I teach my kids to count beats, and it helps them. I know you are new to teaching,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tulsa OK VS Boston MA by Karl Watson @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

Larry: I once drove from Oklahoma City to Houston and found it a pleasant but not too interesting experience. The one important distraction was that I was driving a vintage Thunderbird from the mid '50s - ivory colour with red and white interior an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By Michael SayersOriginally Posted By MarkarianThat was a fantastic post, though if we're talking about the late Romantic/Early Contemporary composers, like Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, and Scriabin, it's hard to imagine banging out P
Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hi, I'm new here
by trumpet89
19 minutes 22 seconds ago
Fingerings in the 1800s?
by InfiniteClouds
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Transition to wedding pianist
by Angela62213
Yesterday at 08:39 PM
Is the Roland DP90e still available in the US?
by JEB NYC
Yesterday at 08:22 PM
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - Hard Rock Piano - vkgoeswild
by Gi Dy
Yesterday at 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
78,418 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,125 Topics
2,380,346 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission