Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
94 registered (bennevis, Beemer, Arthell, 36251, ando, AJB, 15 invisible), 1904 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bedding keyframe on a Young Chang by BDB @ Yesterday at 12:24 PM

It sounds like the stack is no longer bedded to the keyframe. That can happen with new brackets. Bed the keyframe, then bed the stack to the frame. You will probably need to file some material off the feet of the brackets.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts CLP545 vs HP603 vs CA17 by UncleTomCobbly @ Yesterday at 12:23 PM

We're looking to buy a digital piano at some point in the next 3 months for our family. We'd be using it for my wife and I to get back into playing (after a LONG break - hopefully it's like riding a bike), and for my 6 and 8 year old children to sta
Originally Posted By CalmandoYou usually use the MIDI output from your piano as a source for playing/recording, and route it to the plug-in, which generates the sound. I'm not very familiar with Garageband but I expect somewhere on the tracks you c
Jump to new posts Re: Dynatone by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 12:23 PM

You beat me to it, Ess. That's not a piano. It's a picture of a piano. On a frozen food package they would call it a "serving suggestion".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by Piano2138 @ Yesterday at 12:18 PM

22. dynamobt/Marilyn - Kreisleriana - Sehr Langsam (#4) Deep sound, good dynamics. Loved your sensitive and confident interpretation. 23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2 Beautiful piece, very expressive interpretation. 24. Newbert
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By CandywomanWhat I was hoping people would say is their personal opinions of all these activities, (hobbies, sports, you name it, even kumon math)and whether you see them as valuable. Ah - I see. I t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does the percent increase from SMP to MSRP indicate? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By Miguel ReyOriginally Posted By pianoloverusI'm hoping this thread can get back to the original question I posted in the opening thread. Less than a handful of replies have dealt directly with my question: If the percent increase
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Big Annual "Gig" by peterws @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM

I just love it when nobody pays attention! Trouble is, there's always one son of a b . . . . who obviously plays, and is visibly unimpressed! But the flambe trolley and the kids (not to mention the waitress shouting "More chips!") ensure
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By Franz BeebertI think not that someone can clame they are all the same difficulty. Well, a lot of people have clamed this is a silly question to ask, so you should probably trust the consensus on this one.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Bedding keyframe on a Young Chang by rossleavitt @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

I have a client with an early 90s Young Chang (yes, I just replaced the action brackets) and it badly needed regulation, even with the new brackets and the spread carefully set to spec. Of course, I started by carefully bedding the keyframe, and move
Jump to new posts Re: Dynatone by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By clothearednincompoThey have at least that (piercing?) Yamaha like sound and then this other one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxQoJ9qCyUM A joke, surely?...a sound so thin you could slide it under a door. Sounds like a toy
Jump to new posts Re: New Ravenscroft 275 purchase gone good, but need some help. by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 11:58 AM

You had me there for a moment...I thought you bought an actual Ravenscroft 275!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions Please - Boston vs Charles Walter by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 11:56 AM

Walter many times over. Of course, condition will play a role as well, but there is no comparison in original manufacturing quality.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By CandywomanWhat I was hoping people would say is their personal opinions of all these activities, (hobbies, sports, you name it, even kumon math)and whether you see them as valuable. Ah - I see. I totally misunderstood your ques
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Russian School of Piano Playing by Richrf @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

This is a nice video on the overall intoning technique: Intoning technique I watch it often to observe the technique close-up.
Jump to new posts Re: Dynatone by clothearednincompo @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

They have at least that (piercing?) Yamaha like sound and then this other one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxQoJ9qCyUM There are a few "grand" sounds listed in the documentation, but no demos of those anywhere to be found(?).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Collecting learned pieces in one book/folder by dogperson @ Yesterday at 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By RVDowningOriginally Posted By dogpersonI photocopy and insert into top-load, three-hole punch plastic sleeves. The sleeves then go into a three-hole binder made for music scores so the binder lays flat and the page turns are eas
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 Clavinova - any reviews? by Eveinwonderlands @ Yesterday at 11:41 AM

I get it. Thank you everyone! You really helped Good luck with your playing!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by dogperson @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

Franz, Damon listed these in order of difficulty, based on his opinion, on the 18th. This is in this same thread.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Prelude In D Minor" by Larry G. Alexander @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By RubberFingersGreat use of the sonority of the harpsichord. The piece is well suited to the instrument. Thanks for the good review. Good day to you. Regards, Larry Alexander
Adult Beginners Forum
23 February 2017 Last week bought, among a lot of other books, the English Suites of Johann Sebastiaan....... Today, a holiday-week, made a first discovery of Suite G major.....mmmm.....lot of work to do What did you play today? Best regard
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:29 AM

Some thoughts at random: There is no "correct" in the sense of sitting a certain way, moving a given way, working on a given set of material in a given order in a given way etc. But there are some underlying principles. I was totally sel
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by sara elizabeth @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

Do you "need" a teacher to learn piano? No. I don't think so. But do I recommend getting one? Hells yeah! Why? I have found so much value in my teacher's help. She has pointed out mistakes I had no idea I was making. She gives me shortcuts
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: wnat to improve sightreading by RVDowning @ Yesterday at 11:21 AM

I have recently subscribed to this site: https://sightreadingmastery.com/ They music snippets are very short though, so far only 4 measures each, but I get a new one every day. They do have samples you can take a look at and a free trial.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Collecting learned pieces in one book/folder by RVDowning @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By dogpersonI photocopy and insert into top-load, three-hole punch plastic sleeves. The sleeves then go into a three-hole binder made for music scores so the binder lays flat and the page turns are easy. This is along the line
Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
walking basslines
by iamanders
02/24/17 07:37 AM
lifetime of well maintained higher class upright pianos?
by Wuffski
02/24/17 05:05 AM
Brief RD 2000 vs RD 800 Comparison Chart
by Hamin
02/24/17 01:03 AM
If You Are Struggling to Learn Inversions-Read This
by guitarjunior19
02/23/17 11:40 PM
Sinfonia 13 - which fingering is best? (examples)
by hexentanz
02/23/17 08:42 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,778 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,689 Topics
2,601,380 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission