Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vote in the Cliburn Amateur video contest by justarobert @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

Voting for the 2014 contest is open! Here's my entry, the first movement of the Kapustin Sonata No. 2, Op. 54. Other names you may recognize: Judy Darst, Melinda Morse, Stephen Stouder. (All of these pages have links to the full list of entries.)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich and Prokofiev by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Verbum mirabilis Someone (a family member?) claimed Shostakovich had been blackmailed into joining the Party. I saw a documentary not too long ago about Shostakovich in which his second wife describes the circumstances of hi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: teaching in a studio vs independently from home by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Hi Tim, Well, I think there are several issues operating here e.g. good faith, performance, termination, and just compensation. It is possible to stipulate a term of service in a contract, as well as penalties for early termination. However, compe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K48 by Rickster @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

Hi John, I'm not sure about a green bag hanging inside, but I have a Kawai K48A from 1969. I bought it from the estate of a professonal church pianist/organist/teacher. And, she had it maintained and cared for very well over the years. I don't kno
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich and Prokofiev by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

As it turned out, R. Strauss was no Nazi sympathizer. His story is absolutely fascinating, especially his efforts to save the lives of his Jewish daughter-in-law and her family. Edited to add: Here is a book that is on my list of things I ultimate
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: High school student questions.. by DonaldLee @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: ParksOriginally Posted By: DonaldLeeand I could concentrate on musical problems. I hope you meant 'musical solutions.' No, I didnt. Musical problems within myself. Nothing written on a page is ever a problem. We, the pianists,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: A443Colour Unisons within the context of a CM chord (equal temperament)--first without pedal, chord, then with pedal. The resonance at the end of the clip comes from the extra bass notes controlled by the pedal. Please listen i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kawai K48 by johnfin @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

Can someone tell me more about the K48. Quality, level of performance. Cant seem to find anything on the internet. Mine is a 1968, 3 pedal. There also is a little cloth green sac/bag hanging in the piano. What is that for?
Pianist Corner
Any competitions that allow teachers of competitors to also act as judges seems ripe for bias and corruption. There is no way that the appearance of bias could be eliminated, not to mention the possibility of true bias, even if not intended.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by Del @ Yesterday at 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: tdv<The hammers were Ronsen with, if I recall, Wurzen felt. Were I doing it again I'd use Bacon felt which has, apparently, improved quite a lot recently.> Thanks. I was wondering what hammers you used. Last month I put a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by tdv @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

<The hammers were Ronsen with, if I recall, Wurzen felt. Were I doing it again I'd use Bacon felt which has, apparently, improved quite a lot recently.> Thanks. I was wondering what hammers you used. Last month I put a set of Ronsen Bacon hamm
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Connected Slurs by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

Thank you all for helping me out. As you can guess, I'm not very good at analyzing or interpreting a piece... yet. I'm more of a methodical, follow-the-rules type, so when the "rules" don't make sense to me it sort of throws me off. It's so
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bortkiewicz, Fantasy Pieces, "A Dream", Op. 61, No. 2 by doctor S @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

Keep it up, RachFan! So much good stuff dazzling my goldfish brain! I first heard Bortkiewicz on Dannylux's site: his signature line has "My Recordings" http://www.mediafire.com/?4l3a25myjbdjf. On his site the recordings are listed alp
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Michael SayersOriginally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: Michael SayersWhen I was younger there were offers from various members of symphony boards of directors and persons in various governments to make my career if I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: August Piano Bar, drinks on the house by jazztpt @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

Peyton - that doesn't actually sound too easy to me , keeping it going for 4+ minutes and controlling the dynamics seems plenty difficult to me. Well done.
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 12:16 PM

Yes, great teaching. I would have loved to have such a great mentor!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Another reason to love the MP11 by Markarian @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

Those are actually rolled up socks. The monitors usually rest on those grey mouse pads but I am experimenting with trying to get a better angle for hearing the sound. I don't think this setup is permanent.
Do you already have a beater upright?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Music competitions are rife with corruption says JLWebbr by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: Michael SayersWhen I was younger there were offers from various members of symphony boards of directors and persons in various governments to make my career if I would sleep with them. I turned do
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Name of the music so i can learn please by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

Just an update to the OP. I really got curious about the music. I've now had a chance to cover all my students and many of their parents. All of my Korean families tell me it's "very familiar" but they can't quite place it. Perhaps it's
Originally Posted By: Paul678Thanks for the feedback. What I'm really wondering about, is why it appears so dirty and ashen on the inside? Maybe it was stored with the lid open somewhere? Is it normal for a fixer-upper to look that dirty? T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel DUO piano by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

Fun performance on a generally unpractical instrument. It was nice when the piano business had more variety and room for some of these experimental products. However, the extra long music desk will have a lot of fans here. Thanks for sharing.
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by TimR @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: keystringOriginally Posted By: A443Having had to also take music theory in German, I can tell you that "reine Quinte" was never used. It is said simply: "Quint" in my part of the world. Each of us has the s
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Senior Recital: Schumann Arabeske Op.18 by Parks @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: bplary1300I'll be attending the Longy School of Music next year for grad school. Awesome! I went to Longy. Nice to hear it's on the map. With whom will you study there?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: High school student questions.. by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:33 AM

The entire sonata is wonderful - my favorite movement is actually the 3rd, and you will get more play out of the 2nd movement than any of the others if you do any weddings or parties as it's very familiar to most people. Learning an entire sonata is
Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
73 registered (bennevis, AZNpiano, beet31425, Atrys, 18 invisible), 1296 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75609 Members
42 Forums
156349 Topics
2296335 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A new work for Japanese Harp "KOTO"
by Iori Fujita
08/02/14 03:41 AM
Pianos in timber homes vs brick homes
by Jibbers
08/02/14 02:37 AM
Debussy's opinion of other composers
by phantomFive
08/02/14 12:37 AM
Ivory v. Plastic Questions
by Retsacnal
08/01/14 11:50 PM
The worst student in your studio
by Cardinal201
08/01/14 11:43 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission