Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Eric Gloo @ Yesterday at 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve CohenOriginally Posted By: Eric GlooTo me, a stencil piano is a piano with an untraceable name on the fall board, and no name on the plate. Are there any pianos being made today where the manufacturer is a mystery? Hi E
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Larry, The Phoenix pianos are now provided with the WN&G composite actions when purchasing through Hurstwood Farms. I don't know if they are available through other Steingraeber dealerships.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Installing plain wire: no twists involved by Adypiano @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

I'd never really thought about it to be honest, but I do see it could make a difference! After many years of stringing, I'm certain the natural rhythm of doing the job ensures all the strings are going on in the same way. I'm mostly working on old Bl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by iLaw @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

The more I think about this, the more I'm surprised that Steingraeber hasn't yet offered a composite action option for Phoenix instruments. How about Stuart & Sons? All the Stuart & Sons website says is that the actions are "Manufactur
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Casio AP range advice please by thamajor7 @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

Hello forum friends. I was hoping to get some advice please on the Casio AP range, as I cannot determine the model number in relation to quality and difference. My fiance is looking for an electric piano, on a stand that looks more like an upright d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP range advice please by thamajor7 @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, the info, and yes indeed I shall pay more attention next time as to where I post! I shall copy the post into digital pianos now, but thank you again.
Jump to new posts Re: New recording - Roland V-Piano by peterws @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

lovely playing on the V piano, but, imo, the bass notes sounded like a digital; ie non-woody. Pianoteq bass notes sound woody. The acoustic was, too, lovely. But for some reason, the bass notes still didn`t sound woody. Every acoustic piano I`ve
Pianist Corner
I saw the Staatsoper "Dido and Aeneas in a fish tank" production in Berlin, which was an amazing staging. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5KlgvD22UE
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by lolatu @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: dewsterIt went in pretty easily, and actually feels like it was made for the outlet. Groping around I imagine even Einstein could screw this one up, which I suppose makes us all idiots who are just asking for it. What happens w
Pianist Corner
I had never heard about Lewis' simplifications until this thread--I haven't heard his Wanderer--but I listen to him frequently (even saw him once), and I can vouch that he's the real deal. Brendel reigns in my book, but compare Lewis' current Beethov
And for those who are maybe traveling this weekend, hope you have a safe trip, & lots of LEG ROOM if you are in the back seat! hahahaha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

Prout -- That would be an excellent test and comparison. Are the wood M&H actions WN&G or are they simply Mason actions? Might they possibly be built by Renner or another company? Anyone know?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's in a Name? by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Jean ClaudeOriginally Posted By: KurtZI don't name things. I keep trying for figure out HOW to explain WHY without seeming like a bigger curmudgeon than I am or like a total loon but it's not working. I will however, leave yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's in a Name? by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: bkw58I only have a name for the digital in our closet. Hey if ya don't like it I'll give it a home
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Embellishing Melodies by RonDrotos @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

I love this topic, since it's really at the heart of jazz, historically. In fact, I think there's a description in Gunther Schuller's Early Jazz of the very early bands having a 2 instruments playing the melody: a violin (I think) playing it straight
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

Next batch: Gingko2 -Mama: Very nice dynamic control and pacing. This is a peaceful, loving piece and you do a beautiful job with it. Earlofmar- Dolly is Ill: What a sad little piece. I really like your expression in this presentation. Very nice
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Really need help - stuck in a bad rut by RonDrotos @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Hi Brad, I've felt the same way, too. And I agree with lots of the advice you've already been given, regarding transcribing and learning harmony better, etc. I'll just add one thing: In the 30 years that I've been a professional musician, I've met a
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Yamaha Advant Grand N1 owners by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

OK, here is an update: First, I experimented with Voice 2 which based on the description in the manual is a smaller parlor-sized acoustic grand. I do not hear the sustain effect at all on any key. Next, my contact at Yamaha called. In a nutshell, h
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: BWV 846I am going on vacation to France in June (Paris, Bordeaux). Before I go, I would like to do some reading about the history of French classical music and opera. Is there a good one-volume introduction? Or should I jus
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by kapelli @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

If the washmachines instructions for americans wouldn't had to have written inside "do not wash you cat or other animal", there would be no need for Roland to for such move which makes me a lot of fun lolz. But as long as it is obligatory,
And the weather this weekend calls for RAIN! FROZEN rain that is! Enjoy the weekend anyways!
And for those who maybe don't know, I'm one of those Born-Again Christians. Yes I am, and proud of it! So just want to wish all my brothers and sisters in Christ a very happy EASTER weekend too!
Jump to new posts Installing plain wire: no twists involved by A443 @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

I'm curious if other piano technicians concern themselves with installing plain wire in a manner that avoid twists (i.e., on pianos that are not individually tied off)? I've noticed that nearly all the strings I've ever replaced, there is usually one
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by jazzwee @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: jazztptI hope you don't mind me sharing this - I have been playing this tune for years but have recently been playing about with it , adding some chords here and there and working out the skeleton of the arrangement. Here's a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money? by FSO @ Yesterday at 01:09 PM

To the OP: Malevich is one of my favourite artists and your comparison is akin to someone drawing a house, admittedly quite well, and saying "well it's better than Webern, isn't it?". Um...secondly...wouldn't you rather drive the price of a
Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
76 registered (ando, bennevis, adultpianist, Atrys, bharatbash, 14 invisible), 1150 Guests and 37 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153538 Topics
2250104 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
04/18/14 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
04/17/14 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
04/17/14 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
04/17/14 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
04/17/14 10:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission