Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
81 registered (Artur Gajewski, Alan_Dublin, Anita Potter, ando, Anne H, 16 invisible), 1202 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Oy oy oy by malkin @ Yesterday at 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: BrianDX...how do teachers know ...? Seems like a mystical process to me. Good teachers have special powers.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which part of the chord rests by Anita Potter @ Yesterday at 10:02 AM

I've heard super fast-super trilly to a guy playing it at half tempo and about as trilly as I get Sometimes I really like it when a super fast piece is played just a bit slower it gives you a different mood.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway k-52 by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

WilliamTruitt, Thank for your input. Just a couple of questions, based on your post-- Did you advise the client of these issues? Did you make a warranty claim? Do you have other recent "K"s in your care, and are these problems as prominen
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: MacMacMacI'm not thinking about falling-over wobbly. Rather, I mean the not-quite-stable situation where the unit moves when played. Mine is on ordinary pile carpet, and it sways slightly. I'd expect much more motion from "
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C? by Pover @ Yesterday at 09:54 AM

hey guys. I posted this in gooddog's thread, but Mark suggested starting a new thread. Here's the post: "Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but since Mark posted here and has his PM off, I couldn't send this to him privately. Mark, I remember read
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: currawong(Can't access your link, so I don't know what it covers) As far as the Berg concerto goes (which is one of my most beloved works, as I've mentioned a number of times on these forums ) I don't think there's any serious
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by MRC @ Yesterday at 09:46 AM

For something more affordable you could try http://www.edelweiss-piano.com/contemporary-piano-range
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which part of the chord rests by Tom Christian @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Anita PotterThe tempo of this is insane and so much going on. ... I'm not stressed about matching them no way right now could I play at that speed. Right answer, IMHO. One nice thing about Rameau's Tambourin is that it sounds g
Jump to new posts Re: Korg SV-1 by Mind Flayer @ Yesterday at 09:42 AM

Re the RD-800 and CP4, I have not seen any in stores so have not been able to try them out. Plus, they are outside of my budget, which is for something in the $600 - $1,500 range. At this point, I think I have narrowed it down to the Casio PX-5S,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by A454.7 @ Yesterday at 09:35 AM

Yes: there is a large radius involved, but compared to normal hot-n-heavy hammers, these lighter hammers are very flat-looking--like the Great Plains. The goal is not to be flat, per se, but to achieve a wider strike point area in general. A very sli
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Odd Baldwin by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 09:29 AM

It's been about ten years or more since I tuned these. BDB is probably correct. I just don't call exactly how the base detaches. Best to call a local tech familiar with the older Baldwins. Too much pulling this way or that could damage the base. (BT
Jump to new posts Re: Box.com - account & all files [restored]* by TonyB @ Yesterday at 09:29 AM

Thanks pv88! Wonderful playing and certainly a very good showcase for the V-Piano. Tony
Jump to new posts Re: Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 09:12 AM

I'm not thinking about falling-over wobbly. Rather, I mean the not-quite-stable situation where the unit moves when played. Mine is on ordinary pile carpet, and it sways slightly. I'd expect much more motion from "lots of balls".Originally
Jump to new posts Re: questions about tuning the top octave by rxd @ Yesterday at 09:10 AM

Even though there is a little breast beating and mea culpa going on here, the tuner is not always responsible. It is not at all unusual, given conducive atmospheric circumstances, for the top section of strings to go appreciably sharp of its own vol
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music on iPad by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 09:02 AM

I'm pretty sure the Zik reader is going into production even though they didn't hit their fundraising goals ... Anyone using forScore for teaching and annotating? Neuralfirings .. Thanx for sharing that notability file ...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by outo @ Yesterday at 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoThat's a good reminder to spend some more time getting my piece up to speed.. Well, I am still trying to get the first 10 measures into my hands... This will take some time...
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Grantouch GT 10 by Valhalun @ Yesterday at 08:55 AM

Thank you guys so much for the info. Just to be sure when I go to test it, the aux input is 1/8" right?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music on iPad by neuralfirings @ Yesterday at 08:54 AM

I use Notability rather than ForScore. I find that a simple swipe up to page turn works for me. By the time I don't need to swipe up, I more than likely should have the music memorized already. I like Notability because: - You can automatically syn
Jump to new posts Re: Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by toddy @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

....sorry....
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which part of the chord rests by Anita Potter @ Yesterday at 08:47 AM

Thanks. And yeah I was talking about YouTube. The tempo of this is insane and so much going on. The confusion was watching them and their left hands looking like they were still holding something down when they weren't. There's a giant chord my ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 08:45 AM

That's a good reminder to spend some more time getting my piece up to speed..
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which part of the chord rests by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 08:41 AM

Anita, I assume you mean videos on youtube? They should always be taken with a grain of salt. They can be very helpful for helping you to establish the feel and rhythm of a piece, especially if you're a beginner. However, they often also conta
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Anita Potter @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

I work at a senior living facility. There's an upright and an electric on the ground floor, there might be one in the little church area on the same floor and another one up on the 2nd floor in their media room. It's torture I tells ya torture :p
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 08:32 AM

In thinking about this, if you really mean flat as in flat, no radius, this presents practical difficulties. In order for a flat plane to meet the strings at the same instant, the flat must strike perfectly parallel to the strings. I do custom bore h
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Grantouch GT 10 by Pete14 @ Yesterday at 08:32 AM

Yes, it has inputs/outputs for MIDI, audio etc. These are placed on the back; which I prefer, for all the cables remain out of sight (assuming you will place the instrument up against the wall). If the instrument is in good condition, go for it ($2,
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Music reading apps for iPad that use mic
by Artur Gajewski
11/24/14 03:02 AM
About Roland's PHA4 STANDARD and F-130R
by Yussnan84
11/24/14 12:55 AM
Call me irresponsible....
by harpon
11/23/14 11:17 PM
Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3?
by blackjack1777
11/23/14 10:41 PM
Keyboard for $500 - and software to help learn?
by Freebird308
11/23/14 09:35 PM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159308 Topics
2340167 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission