Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Normal regulation should allow for enough yet. Friction of course as weight, on a vertical action, is just to even things a little and have better timing of the keys. DW UW, on a vertical, should measure Springs to be of any value.
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by Olek @ Today at 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: EmmeryAlfredo... for many of us techs beatless is beatless, its like virginity; there arn't different degrees of it.... its a plain "is" or "it isn't" type of affair. I actually dislike hearing that term bein
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Allard @ Today at 03:22 AM

My ultimate dream is to play every single note of my recital piece separately and splice it all together into one piece that would otherwise be way over my head. It will be glorious! And you think Horowitz played the impossible!
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by Olek @ Today at 03:21 AM

Total incomprehension due to the way the mind envisage piano tone. Funny, as I have read what your friend Chad say about the impossible use of anything but hammer acceleration to modulate tone, and the fact it is not modified After let off. No
Adult Beginners Forum
To all appearances one of most effective methods for development of harmonic hearing : http://www.mediafire.com/listen/o6ogl4hwqzo1c6r/hearing_development.mp3
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES100 splitting point by Dave King @ Today at 03:12 AM

The ES100 features Split Mode. Although not explicitly documented, the split point appears to be fixed. The user interface described on pages 16 (Split Mode) and 59 (Operations Guide) of the ES100 Owner’s Guide supports adjustment of the sounds a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Pianniversary by PhilipInChina @ Today at 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoHappy pianniversary That's quite good, Auld Lang Syne is not that easy. My pianniversary is equal to my anniversary since my piano got delivered on my birhday. I wanted to learn a Hebrew tune. Hava Nagila is, clear
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by Emmery @ Today at 03:04 AM

Alfredo... for many of us techs beatless is beatless, its like virginity; there arn't different degrees of it.... its a plain "is" or "it isn't" type of affair. I actually dislike hearing that term being used to describe something
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by dire tonic @ Today at 03:03 AM

- this is probably as neat as I'll get it.. -afterthought; probably should have been more chromatic like the opening (put this one in a reserve pool?)
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by KorbenDallas @ Today at 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: chasingrainbows...they installed a new Alaskan sitka spruce soundboard and bridge caps, new Renner Steinway action and Renner blue hammers, new strings, tuning pins, pin block, agraffes, key bushings and felts. The soundboard
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by KorbenDallas @ Today at 02:40 AM

Quote:...the rebuilder advised no tuning was needed after the move. I disagree. It really sounds out of tune. I also notice after playing for an hour, that a full octave in the bass has begun clicking when those keys are played. First post on the fo
Jump to new posts First Digital Piano - Advice needed by chicobalay @ Today at 02:37 AM

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum and would really appreciate your help. I need to buy a digital piano for a 8 year old boy who has just started learning to play the instrument. I'm on a 1000€ budget so I have narrowed my search (lo
Adult Beginners Forum
Appreciation for the price of possible embarrassment and regret. Why do people need it so much?
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by tonyster220763 @ Today at 02:15 AM

yeah, we had a similar situation with a base station roll out a couple of years ago (different numbers but same situation). The supplier managed to do this burning out most of the engineers. The involved engineers all quit due to burnout syndrome..
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by alfredo capurso @ Today at 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: EmmeryI have wondered how the tenor is blended into the single string bass section if one is tweaking a bichord unison for the "effect". Is it good to loose uniformity on tone through the entire expanse of the keyboar
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by phantomFive @ Today at 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: phantomFive Originally Posted By: pianoloverus Loud means angry?? Well then tell me, what would you do to represent anger musically? Loud could mean endless things depending on the music that's
Jump to new posts Re: Mixer for live-use by Kawai James @ Today at 02:08 AM

Okay, well it might be worthwhile simplifying things momentarily in order to find the source of the hum. Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by Kawai James @ Today at 02:07 AM

panino, it's difficult to comment reliably on this topic due to the issue with your F-30 pedal unit. However, it should be possible to adjust the sustain using the EDIT menu parameters, such as DCA/DCF Decay. Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Mixer for live-use by Charles Cohen @ Today at 02:04 AM

A USB cable from either PX-350, or microKorg, to the computer, makes things worse. But the hum is there, even without that cable. Too many variables for a clean analysis, I'm afraid. . Charles
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by fizikisto @ Today at 02:01 AM

The nord C2 Line has modeled tone wheel and transistor organs, but includes a pipe organ that is sampled. One presumes that modeling a pipe organ is not an easy task.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Whizbang @ Today at 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr Super-HunkyBut now that it's been brought up, no-way am I going to avoid making a comment since others seem to constantly want to 'bend' and 'relax' the non existent rules. NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo! I'm an Internet veteran an
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by panino @ Today at 01:37 AM

Hi James, thanks for confirming my suspicion. I recalibrated the right pedal and half-adjust with no success Could you tell me please: Is the normal sustain like it´s in my recording = SHORT and kind of "not-audible"/ transparent? When
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Norbert @ Today at 01:30 AM

Marty's humanity was legendary. Noble in spirit with those who agreed with him - and those who did not. Many personal pm's and private exchange of ideas underline he was indeed a great [piano] man. Rest in peace. And keep twinkling your eyes. Which y
Jump to new posts Re: Bluthner 5694 underway by PhilipInChina @ Today at 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: TunelessHi Craig. Has there been more progress? Perhaps another folder? +1. An update would be welcome.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tackle my goal. by Sand Tiger @ Today at 01:11 AM

A person can poke away at the piano and sound out the melodies. You are already reading sheets so it is one more step to transcribe the single note melody lines. Recording is another tool. If a person can sing, they can record voice versions of the
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Janko keyboard video
by Michael Sayers
10/21/14 08:28 PM
RECOVERING PIANO HAMMERS
by Steinway K
10/21/14 07:31 PM
Help with forum for Musette in D Major...
by ieatglitter14
10/21/14 05:27 PM
The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum
by chernobieff
10/21/14 02:44 PM
Heroic Polonaise help please...
by ChopinLives81
10/21/14 02:28 PM
Who's Online
117 registered (accordeur, A Guy, ajames, 38 invisible), 1380 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158403 Topics
2326213 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission