Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Friends will be friends (ask for sheets) by Lilia Ahmetzyanova @ Today at 04:33 AM

Thank you Kevin! ;-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano by johan d @ Today at 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: peterwsNot only that but once you've tuned one octave the others need pulling up too, even if you done it already!The cleartune app spans more than 1 octave.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano by peterws @ Today at 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenYou're posting in the wrong place. There's a "Piano Tuner-Technicians" forum. The people there might be biased (you're offering to take away their livelihood!), but they'll tell you why you _shouldn't_
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ Today at 04:03 AM

ATOW this week goes to my surgeon and the great staff at my local hospital, who had me in this morning (after I had done my morning scale session ) and removed a benign lump on my arm. I was home again within four hours and may actually tickle the i
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed…Kawai VPC1 by Maxpiano @ Today at 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: EPNot wishing to get into a fight over this, I will concede to emenelton that it cannot be done with no issues. If the OP truly wants no issues whatsoever, I'd advise staying away from software pianos period. I'm not familiar wi
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed…Kawai VPC1 by Maxpiano @ Today at 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: dmd I have come to a place where I realize that my main mission has to be learning to play and not worrying about the "tone" of my instrument. I have noticed that if you find someone that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do pianists care? by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFive[...] However, I do know that a perfectly in-tune piano sounds so clean and nice, it can make an 'old' piano sound 'new.' [...] My tuning slogan is, "Hearing a piano in tune is like breathing fresh air through y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can we strengthen the fingers? by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottScales, slowly, listening for an even sound and watching the finger joints one by one. Instead of scales, I've tried using just one note, but playing it five times, once with each finger. The goal is to develop even
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano by earlofmar @ Today at 03:48 AM

It is possible to do, there are youtube clips and actual piano tuning programs (piano tuning is highly complex), some of which are free as well as phone apps "gstrings" for example. But of course there is nothing to beat experience and if i
Jump to new posts Spring of sounds - My 4. self composed piano piece by stylerhun @ Today at 03:42 AM

Dear Everybody! I have been playing piano only for 7 months. This is my 4th own piano piece. I would be happy to read your opinion about the song.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomer[...] So when you call it a window [...] I think of it as threading a needle. --Andy
Jump to new posts Re: Ballade Pour Adeline and River Flows in You by stylerhun @ Today at 03:40 AM

Hi! I was a complete beginner and pressed my first piano key 6 montsh ago Thanks for reply!
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for SoCal retailers to try an RD-800 or MP7 by Kawai James @ Today at 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Delphian2001Kawai James, thanks for the info. Any in Orange County? The only Kawai dealer I can think of in that area is Kim's Piano, but as you have found, this store does not carry the MP range. Kind regards, James x
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Summer Song" -- Brubeck/McPartland/Rowe by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: DamonGood work, both times Andy! Third time's the charm: Summer Song on the Yamaha G3 As related in the Tuner/Tech forum, today I tuned the Yamaha G3 at the church where I play and recorded Summer Song again (can't seem
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello to Everyone and to PianoStudent88 by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 03:15 AM

Hi Gene! Welcome! Glad to see you here.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano by johan d @ Today at 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenYou're posting in the wrong place. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2318423
Jump to new posts Tuning my piano with an app by johan d @ Today at 03:14 AM

Hello, Now that i have this app on my phone "Cleartune" which i use to check if notes i sing are correct. Would it be possible if i saw someone tuning my piano, that i could do the same afterwards with the help of my app? Is this reasonable
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can we strengthen the fingers? by Lingyis @ Today at 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottOriginally Posted By: LingyisNot to hijack the thread, but what kind of exercises would you do so that the nail joint doesn't collapse? For some reason my left hand 2nd finger is the only finger that collapses (the ki
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: TX-Bluebonnet With that book, plus "A Dozen a Day", "Pathways to Artistry", and Alfred's AIO method book, I feel like I've finally got some good stuff to work with. Just like to share my experiences fro
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 03:09 AM

First of all, prout, pinkfloydhomer and charleslang--Thank you so much for listening and commenting! I really do appreciate it, and your words mean a lot to me! Originally Posted By: charleslangYou win. Only a sucker would prefer the Steinway rec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music question by de cajon @ Today at 03:05 AM

Perhaps you could start thinking about and practising patterns in the score. When your eye sees notes on the middle three lines of the stave, for example, your fingers ought to be forming a shape, eventually almost of their own accord, and a mental p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I have been deceived by tksler @ Today at 02:56 AM

I think that lyric got Rolling Stones in trouble with one of the church choirmaster when they were recording that...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano by Charles Cohen @ Today at 02:53 AM

You're posting in the wrong place. There's a "Piano Tuner-Technicians" forum. The people there might be biased (you're offering to take away their livelihood!), but they'll tell you why you _shouldn't_ try it. About 50 years ago, I had
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker/monitor quieries by pwl @ Today at 02:51 AM

FWIW, I use and like the Tannoy Reveal 502's. Don't know what else to say - so just use this as a data point, I guess!
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker/monitor quieries by Charles Cohen @ Today at 02:47 AM

_One_ ElectroVoice ZXA1 is within your budget, and it meets your other specs. It will fill much more than a medium-size living room. But you'd be giving up stereo sound. . Charles
Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (aesop, *windowlicker*, acortot, AaronM, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1414 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75907 Members
42 Forums
156873 Topics
2305037 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baldwin BJ124 and other New Pianos
by Benn
08/22/14 07:30 PM
Tuning levers
by AaronM
08/22/14 07:17 PM
Buying a Piano
by boppy75
08/22/14 06:24 PM
Midi file format on Roland Piano Partner App
by Banzai_Ed
08/22/14 05:58 PM
Imperial Concert 61 Phase Piano
by DanPianjo
08/22/14 05:34 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission