Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
132 registered (accordeur, ando, Almaviva, Amosdoll, 43 invisible), 1544 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question about scales by Albunea @ Today at 03:30 AM

Thank you, fizikisto.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by EssBrace @ Today at 03:29 AM

Okay, thanks Richard for explaining. By the way I haven't listened with good headphones yet but my first impression is that the Bosendorfer sample is richer and more to my taste than CFX. And James, I'm disappionted that you misinformed me about Ri
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mental practicing by chopin_r_us @ Today at 03:29 AM

You mean like: Quote:Luckily, we also have the ability to use our imagination to move away from bad results, and this is exactly how I teach people to project calm, assertive energy. If you don’t think you can be calm and assertive, then imagine yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Tier 1 piano search - let the fun begin! by windwardmusic @ Today at 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:It is proving nearly impossible to find a grotrian or sauter. Kassmann Pianos in bay area has them: a formidable place to compare these 2 pianos!! Plus the hugely impressive new 6'10 Estonia 210, a piano chosen seve
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Tier 1 piano search - let the fun begin! by windwardmusic @ Today at 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibOriginally Posted By windwardmusicIt is proving nearly impossible to find a grotrian or sauter. If you haven't found a piano you absolutely love, consider taking a road trip to try out some other instruments. You can g
Jump to new posts Re: New Clavinova CLP-585 & recordings by pv88 @ Today at 03:10 AM

Here is a recording with the Bosendorfer preset (in the default settings) and I am quite impressed with the full bodied resonance and dynamic range that is available to the player in the Elegie, Op. 3, No. 1, of Rachmaninoff: https://app.box.com/s/v
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Video: Rachmaninoff - Prelude op. 23 no. 6 by Lafi @ Today at 03:09 AM

Wonderful piece from Rachmaninoff https://youtu.be/-x3d-FqFdvY
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Piccolo Notturno by DAVIDE CHERCHI @ Today at 03:08 AM

hope you enjoy it.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiHULVqQ5vs
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Norbert @ Today at 03:04 AM

Quote:For some reason, you have seemed to take Campanella's posts much more personally than other participants. Yet you have not mentioned any experience with Petrof pianos. Do you have any? To me this is the clincher of the question. "Do you
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Video: Rachmaninoff - Prelude op. 23 No. 2 by Lafi @ Today at 03:01 AM

One of my favourute preludes https://youtu.be/xYOei_yoU_A
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Video: Moszkowski Etude - Op.72 No.11 by Lafi @ Today at 02:56 AM

One of my favourite Etudes https://youtu.be/F9wGvVJlgyY
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Mental practicing by piano_friend @ Today at 02:33 AM

What do we know about this? And if that somehow could be applied in our everyday life? Another words if mental practicing is the key to solve problems in a musical world, can it also be a key to create the life we want? I find it very inspiring, guy
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By wrOriginally Posted By Tim AdriansonHi, Nikolas! IMO, just a bang-up good piece! And Heather presented it very effectively, as others have noted. Although you gave it a descriptive title, I related to it more as "absolute&q
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone actually played a Kawai CA-97? by PhilzPiano @ Today at 02:25 AM

I was lucky enough yesterday to try out a Kawai CA67 finished in rosewood, a CA97 finished in black, a Yamaha CLP-575 and a Roland HP-508, all in the same store. I preferred the sound of the Kawais to the Yamaha and Roland by a considerable margin, a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin 2015 Prelimary round winners video links by Lemongrass @ Today at 02:11 AM

Thanks for posting these. I recognize Kausikan Rajeshkumar from the Andras Schiff masterclass on Youtube (Schiff wasn't very nice lol, but Kausikan handled it well). Funny how masterclass students end up in later competitions. Khozyainov for exampl
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Music name by BruceD @ Today at 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By DamonTeddy bear is the 2nd movement of Beethovens Pathetique sonata. ... and "Littlecat" is Schubert Impromptu in E-flat, Op. 90, No. 2. Regards,
Jump to new posts Re: GHS - Very Interesting Fact . . Black keys by peterws @ Today at 01:49 AM

Hooray!!! You're hard work you lot. . .
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by Stubbie @ Today at 01:27 AM

Arghh! Point taken. Thanks.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's swing Hanon No.1 by rintincop @ Today at 01:26 AM

Here's the authentic swing:
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by hreichgott @ Today at 01:25 AM

Hi teelions, first of all you are not alone, we all get nerves and "new mistakes" when playing a piece in front of other listeners for the first time. It is actually helpful to make mistakes in front of your teacher. Being both a teacher a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How many is too many instruments? by MRC @ Today at 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By SmileyMWell, I've decided that sometimes 'honesty isn't the best policy' after all. I'm not going to mention these other instruments to any of my teachers. They don't need to know since it's not relevant to the particular instrum
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by turandot @ Today at 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By Retsacnal The premise of this thread is "are Petrof's overpriced?" Is it really credible for the guy who imports and distributes Petrof's to show up and effectively post "no, Yes. It is his right to defend hi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How many is too many instruments? by MRC @ Today at 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By Polyphonist2 is too many instruments. The less instruments you play, the better you will be at each of the instruments. Nonsense. Playing more than one instrument opens your musical horizons. You become a more complete music
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Crocus @ Today at 01:10 AM

Cathy - Thanks much for your note. If the software can't handle "swearing" as mild as "h***" just think what it'd do if we threw in some of the really great swear words we all know. Maybe a whole sentence full of them. It's te
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by bill5 @ Today at 01:04 AM

Anyway......getting back to the topic of the thread..... Did some digging but found basically nothing. I guess it's like how many licks will it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop drop; the world may never know.
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha CP4 Best Buy!!!
by tnsettlemo
04/26/15 09:43 PM
Grand Piano House name change
by newgeneration
04/26/15 08:59 PM
Exercises for syncopation
by DeadPoets
04/26/15 08:54 PM
Valentina Lisitsa--web site
by Bech
04/26/15 08:04 PM
Ebony Satin Hamburg, Two Fallboards
by WhoDwaldi
04/26/15 06:09 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,055 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,569 Topics
2,400,072 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission