Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
97 registered (anamnesis, accordeur, AllanH, ando, anotherscott, 26 invisible), 1164 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how much is my piao worth? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

Yes, I'd say it is a fair starting point. You can do a Google search and see what other sellers are asking for a similar year model U1 as yours to see if you are in the ball park. The U1 is a very popular piano. If you don't get any responses you c
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts New Grand - Carpet Underneath?? by richpink @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

Hi, I hope to purchase a used grand piano soon and wanted opinions about putting a carpet underneath? Also, and pardon my ignorance, will I be able to roll the piano so that I could put a carpet underneath after it is in place? Do cups under the
Piano Forum
Caine, I'm glad that you enjoyed the Arabesque performance -- and thank you for sharing about your mother's love and performance of that piece. I'm sure you'll do justice to it. The BB is an excellent piano, a gift so to speak from your parents. P
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by fnork @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

Well, a little search shows that Lukas has performed the 2nd concerto several times, with some performances being on youtube. The little I had time to listen to does sound promising.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: July Piano Bar by Inlanding @ Yesterday at 09:36 AM

Great to see you back at the bar, Newman, and as usual, your singing and solid accompaniment is stellar! Glad you've been playing guitar with the intention of getting back with a band for live music. Glen
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have I Moved to the Dark Side? by piano2 @ Yesterday at 09:34 AM

All of us teachers encounter times when a student is resistant to trying something at the lesson. I generally ask the student if they'd like to try it at the lesson or practice it at home first. Then the student chooses what they are comfortable wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Summerkeys 2015 anyone? by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 09:33 AM

Walked back to Georgia! Sam that's crazy and fantastic at the same time. I went Summer keys a couple of years ago. Enjoyed it very much. For me the beautiful quaint town and cool weather was something of an unexpected treat. Living in Arizona, I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how much is my piao worth? by Jzw @ Yesterday at 09:30 AM

Knock, knock, knock? Plan to post an ad on craiglist today as I am going to take delivery of a grand soon. But need to sort out the offering price. Is $4800 a fair starting point? btw, I live in NJ/NY area. Thanks
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Search not working? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 09:28 AM

latest version of safari, os x = still happening latest version of firefox, os x = still happening
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reverse sticker-shock? by markmilo @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

Thanks once again for all the comments. You have been so helpful! I'm now thinking much more about how much I liked the instrument rather than what a bargain it might be. The dealer's over two hours away, but I'll be going back to play it again soon.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by Rickster @ Yesterday at 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By sirwormsalotYou have to watch out on this board, because in almost everything said there is personal, financial motive behind it. What you say may well be true, but, usually, the motive behind the motive is to help someone else,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How complex is piano tuning? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 09:15 AM

Quote:When I asked him to come over and voice the Yamaha U2 'coz it was too bright for my room he said "Eh? What's that?" It's worrying to consider that someone who is taking money for tuning, doesn't know what voicing is. I am sure it'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:12 AM

For me Johan B's from last week are working fine, but Mr. Super Hunky's from 2010 aren't showing up. His house is beautiful beyond belief though!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by markmilo @ Yesterday at 09:12 AM

I just posted a price I was quoted for a Seiler 208 on another thread ("Reverse Sticker-Shock?"). I was a little uncomfortable doing so, but several other members had posted comments that brought me back to earth, so I didn't think it would
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by sirwormsalot @ Yesterday at 09:09 AM

Anyone who has visited the digital piano section will find a nice, if cumbersome thread to navigate on the prices paid for instruments. @ BrianDX These forums are an interesting bunch. You have to remember that a lot of them are dealers/ are trying
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Search not working? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 08:54 AM

I just heard from Frank Baxter, and he said it works fine for him... He asked me what browser and operating system I was using. He's checking into it... Thanks, Rick
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 08:49 AM

It will be interesting to hear something other than a bad regional orchestra "studenty" performance of Tchaikovsky's 2nd (which is all I've ever heard of this). Might get that again, however. 😀
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 08:42 AM

I'm all for transparency, but has to go in both directions in order to be truly useful. Most people who post prices don't bother to mention: 1. New, new "old stock", used, rebuilt (what was done, by whom?), former rental? 2. Manufacturer'
Piano Teachers Forum
Well we went through this experience less than two years ago, not knowing a damn thing about this process. The first teacher we interviewed was renting her house. Now that may not be an issue in all cases, but for us that was an immediate red flag.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is right hand D7 supposed to be this hard? by outo @ Yesterday at 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By lionushmm ok well this way is fairly comfortable for me. my 1 and 5 can span one octave with great comfort, any more and i'm pushing it - not sure if this is big or average. But interesting point outo i've jotted down another qu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why C major scale is the hardest one? by indigo_dave @ Yesterday at 08:27 AM

My observation (right or wrong) is that because there are no black keys for the fingers to differentiate, it's easier to get off track while playing a C scale. As for the playing of the C major scale, it seems to me that if you pull you hands back j
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by Rickster @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

I suppose the bottom line here, and the point I was trying to make, is that if you come across a pretty good deal on a piano, and post the information on the internet, including the make and model of the piano, the serial number and what you paid, (a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniLet me throw an additional curve into this thread. Let's say we are comparing two rebuilt Mason & Hamlins. The work done seems the same on the surface, but each phase of the rebuild may have many differences t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:14 AM

One of the first posts I made on this forum was after I purchased our C2X. I commented on what a buyer's price "should be" based on our experience, but I did not post our actual price. Well, I nearly left the forum that day with all of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by JimF @ Yesterday at 08:10 AM

#13 is a blast from my past,the pop song Stand By Me. It's the first song I've tried from "First 50 Popular Songs You Should Play On The Piano." Easy piano arrangement that sounds pretty good. Fun to play. 1. Silent Night - have to look u
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which piece describes your mood now?
by Arghhh
06/29/15 09:08 PM
Discovery learning
by Arghhh
06/29/15 07:49 PM
Help on a Piano Piece
by PianoMaster757
06/29/15 07:37 PM
Roland LX-15e and Yami CLP 585
by Grandman
06/29/15 07:22 PM
Ragtime tuning
by Weiyan
06/29/15 07:20 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,824 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,174 Topics
2,422,298 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission