Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
116 registered (albumblatter, alfredo capurso, Abby Pianoman, Allochi, ahoffmann, Amosdoll, 29 invisible), 1331 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By MacMacMacI don't own standard equipment. Do you? You're being obtuse...I mean like for like.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by anamnesis @ Yesterday at 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By Saranoyaanamnesis: interesting concepts. "Hearing with your eyes" is what Gary describes when he talks about audiating a score in CD quality. "CD quality" is not what I would say my own ability to hear by l
I don't own standard equipment. Do you?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: George Kolasis adds Mason & Hamlin among his top picks by RealPlayer @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

It's interesting to see his perspective that the new Masons are equal to the "golden era" Masons, whereas it seems to be the general opinion on this forum that they are quite different instruments tonally. Yet he does mention that the clas
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spring issue of Piano Buyer now online by phacke @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By Piano*DadIndeed. It would be useful for studying the piano market if you could keep all of this information in a database that one could access. Definitely, or table, spreadsheet, graph, what have you... Best wishes-
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 02:11 PM

anamnesis: interesting concepts. "Hearing with your eyes" is what Gary describes when he talks about audiating a score in CD quality. "CD quality" is not what I would say my own ability to hear by looking at a score results in.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By hreichgott Reading at the same time is one more task, and if I have to do it, there is less mental bandwidth available for all the other stuff. The big benefit of memorization is eliminating reading thus enabling me to be a more
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! I'd like to discuss my piano competition repertoire. by albumblatter @ Yesterday at 02:08 PM

And yes, I quite adore Saint Saens 5. Such an underrated masterpiece -- the second theme of the first movement melts my heart every time I play it. And yes. What a finale, too! I have prepared Chopin 1, Mozart 22, Mozart 27, and Saint Saens 5, and I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

Anita, I didn't get the link to your piece. In fact, lately I haven't been getting the link to anyone's pieces in their posts, but I DO get the link if someone else "quotes" it in their comment. Weird!!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! I'd like to discuss my piano competition repertoire. by albumblatter @ Yesterday at 02:05 PM

Thank you kindly for the input! The first stage requires me to play a Beethoven sonata and a piece of my own choice. Since I am allowed 25 minutes, I figured that I'd go for a shorter piece by Poulenc, which I quite love. The competition is Hamamatsu
Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddEven if we all agreed on the testing method our results would vary greatly. Not at all. Not if we're testing measurable, i.e. non-subjective, parameters with standard equipment.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 1 by Vid @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

Fair enough - I didn't express myself well. I just mean you share something called a Chopin Prelude but what is actually presented is something entirely different. In a previous post you have said that you could call it 'inspired by' or something l
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 72 BPM is too fast for Bach's Goldberg Variations Aria by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

I'd stay away from one-size-fits-all statements like the metronome is crucial, or that it's helpful for anyone learning a given piece. It depends on your skill level, and your particular strengths and weaknesses. In my own case, subtleties of phrasi
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann - Sonata G minor op. 22 by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By verqueue I didn't think about it to be humorous, but now I think you're right. I have a problem with playful music ;), in real life I'm not cheerful, so for me it's hard to find this kind of moods. For this I think the piece is
How the attack of the sample is edited, to allow a little more breathing space at it's attack component, should be ignored in a test like this. It does contribute to how the piano feels(as in hitting it's stride) but the initial attack is the point
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Sand Tiger @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

Rnaple, good to see your pixels again. Stubbie, a grand piano? Congrats on moving towards that upgrade. Ben Boule, congrats on your new acoustic rental. Sounds like a few folks have been going through a piano funk. I remain in a similar boat. What h
The click of the pen on the key occurs at contact. Any acoustic player knows sound occurs at hammer contact with string and we push our arms and fingers into the instrument for musical events to occur when we desire them to. Any latency is naturall
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice about Gutting Baldwin Piano by ando @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

Are you sure you want to trash the piano? It looks to be very salvageable with a bit of attention from a technician. I've played the SV1 and I'd have to say a maintained Baldwin upright would be more satisfying to me. If you are determined to proce
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 1 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By VidI have to wonder if as a listener we are being duped somehow - bait and switch. Hi Vid, I don't understand how the observation applies here. I don't accept money in connection with music making, either related to performing
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 1 by Vid @ Yesterday at 01:41 PM

One might categorize it as something akin to a 'paraphrase' maybe? But I agree with Bruce that its too much of a distortion to claim its a performance of Chopin's Op 28 No 1 prelude. I have to wonder if as a listener we are being duped somehow - bai
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: open-ended questions: weight of 7 footers by ChickGrand @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

If you research Chickering, you will find an incredible range, with all sorts of plate designs, ranging from light to very heavy. I'll wager the cost of my next moving bill if I'm wrong. I paid five times the cost to move it last time that I paid fo
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 1 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDI don't understand how "I like it this way" nor the discussion about modern Steinway construction can be a justification for the total distortion that suddenly cutting the tempo to less than half brings to this Pr
Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By emeneltonI take exception with the Vintage D being in the number three position. The clip waveform clearly shows earlier activity than the others. ...hang on, I'll just go and change my glasses....
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by Molto lombardo @ Yesterday at 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D. Because my students start on easy Chopin in well under 5 years, and they read the music. Define easy Chopin. Is there such thing as easy Chopin? Mazurkas?
Originally Posted By MacMacMacRe: Acoustic piano ... Key tap? Does that start at the top of the key stroke or at the bottom? And how would you compare either of those to a digital piano. There's no way to detect either one on a digital! Surely you
Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
WONDERFUL BOOK for understanding piano music, Bach and
by frankdavid
03/29/15 07:47 AM
WONDERFUL BOOK for understanding classical music, Bach and
by frankdavid
03/29/15 07:33 AM
Feinberg - Sirodeau plays 2 preludes from Op. 8
by 255
03/29/15 06:22 AM
Do Schumann's pieces have to be played as sets?
by Pover
03/29/15 05:09 AM
A Visit to the Wizard's Workshop (trip report)
by phantomFive
03/29/15 03:24 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,692 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,797 Topics
2,389,724 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission