Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
91 registered (AndrewJCW, anamnesis, AndyP, accordeur, 30 invisible), 1174 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Notation question by gioioso @ Yesterday at 03:05 AM

Make a separate voice of this note, which means that you separate the stem directions. In the normal case, the top note has the stem in upward direction, while for the rest of the chord, the stem direction is downward.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Best angle for filming piano at home? by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 03:00 AM

It depends. If you want to make an artistic video then combining several different angles will give the best effect; from behind above the shoulder to show technique, from in front to show facial expressions, from the right for a "concert hall&q
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Pianists being able to see the keys in their mind by bananasushi @ Yesterday at 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By Dru MorganSo funny you posted this. As I was reading it, I noticed my son playing the piano with the cover on it. I guess it would be good for germaphobes. Or for those who don't want to look at the keys. https://plus.google
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535, Roland HP 504 or Yamaha CLP 575? by OrganAssist @ Yesterday at 02:45 AM

I am currently looking at replacing my VERY old Clavinova (25 years and still going) and am considering a similar range of instruments. Personally, I am waiting until next month to try the new Roland HP 605 model (which is cheaper than the 575) as
Jump to new posts Re: Leaning Towards a Kawai ES8 by peterws @ Yesterday at 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By AZ_AstroI don't think there are any ES8s in the US yet. They may already be released in Europe, as Kawai James noted that the ES7 is very popular there and Kawai may get a boost by selling there first. Darn good marketing, i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by jazzwee @ Yesterday at 02:39 AM

periscope stream I had a few drinks and I still broadcasted on periscope. At least we give this a try as a share. Valid for a day.
Jump to new posts Re: Leaning Towards a Kawai ES8 by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 02:38 AM

Finfan, that can even happen to you in a Kawai dealer, if its one that specializes in acoustics.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7/8 and 15/16 piano keyboards (ESPKs) the future ? by RubberFingers @ Yesterday at 02:33 AM

They should make all riders in the Tour de France use the same size bicycles!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing my mind? by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 02:31 AM

wouter, I think there is a fixed number of slots in the OP's schedule at the store. Every time a slot is vacated, that empty slot is filled up quickly with a new student. There is a ceiling to the number of available slots, but as long as the ceiling
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any good sight reading software? by bananasushi @ Yesterday at 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftNot at all. Music also contains many repeating patterns: chords, progressions, arpeggios, ostinato, melodic ideas that repeat... These function as words and good sightreaders will recognize these patterns. For sight rea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any good sight reading software? by bananasushi @ Yesterday at 02:26 AM

Thank you for the program and book suggestions and also the warnings. I was aware that everything has crapware bundled in it. I learned my lesson once and then got tricked once. I always click on the custom/advanced installation to uncheck those bo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dampers on my 100 Year old grand by Musicdude @ Yesterday at 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By InlandingAdvice from another learner...it's been an interesting experience so far. If you're learning about damper regulation, you should do all the necessary steps correctly and meticulously, especially if you're going to do th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Earthworks QTC-40mp mics. by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 02:16 AM

Sounds all fine to me. Good balance. No clipping so you have the volume set ok. The tenor range sounds a little bit restricted, maybe because the close mic'ing or maybe this is just how your piano sounds. I am not a fan of close mic'ing but that'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Conservatory Teacher Trial Lessons by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 02:09 AM

Great news! Welcome home. Care to elaborate? For example, what were you doing/playing when you appeared to be resonating the most with teachers? What were your most challenging moments? What were the things you felt you needed the most work on and
Adult Beginners Forum
No I cannot. Any piece or scale transposed sounds the same, just higher or lower (if you don't count the changes in piano tone). Of course it's easy to tell whether a scale is major or minor, but that's all. While I do have good pitch recognition, I
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing my mind? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 02:05 AM

Was your promise made for the store job or for your private studio job? Either way, there is a limit to the amount of students you can take, and the store can not keep assigning you more students. Or are you supposed to do subcontracting to other t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which edition for Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 02:02 AM

My Henle edition of the WTC Bk I (I have Bk II in other editions as well as other editions of Bk I) has lasted virtually for decades, not of constant use, admittedly, but for decades of regular use. I have never had any problem with Henle editions s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne op 9 No 1, bar # 23 notation question by briandang @ Yesterday at 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By briandang Please see the notes in this pdf link: http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ftp/Chopin...at_minor-a4.pdf Brian Refer to the linked pdf, bar 33 is the same as bar 25, except 33 RH high B doesn't have (b) flat sign as in #25
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Earthworks QTC-40mp mics. by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 01:53 AM

Oh, those are definitely some clear microphones
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it OK to dance on your piano lid? by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:53 AM

I would hurt you if you cannot outrun my lawyer!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading vs Memorizing Tug of war by bananasushi @ Yesterday at 01:53 AM

Yeah thanks I will look into those books thank you all.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Piano places in Boston by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 01:52 AM

Following up on a discussion of Boston pianos, are there any interesting piano places in Boston the city? (Try doing a search for "Boston Pianos" and you won't get much about the city )
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone used Leila Fletcher method? by Candywoman @ Yesterday at 01:40 AM

All methods depend for their success on how they are taught. I have used Leila Fletcher Book One and Book Two. I use many of the pieces in Book One and 50% of the pieces in Book Two. It is not outdated and continues to sell. I find the tunes very mus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading vs Memorizing Tug of war by bananasushi @ Yesterday at 01:34 AM

Quote:One thing I noticed, this almost never happens at the beginning of the piece....always several lines in. Then, when I regroup and pick back up, I play smoothly again until several more lines in... does this happen to you also? I'm not sure.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by jazzwee @ Yesterday at 01:30 AM

It cut off right at your solo. LOL. Bad timing.
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 11 12 13
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
And YES, you can save 10% AND still get free shipping on Jansen Artist benches!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do you store your sheet music and books?
by TwoSnowflakes
08/31/15 12:23 AM
New Teacher Recommending Less Practice?
by TX-Bluebonnet
08/30/15 11:03 PM
What should I do after high school with the piano?
by boogiewoogie123
08/30/15 09:51 PM
Carrying bag for NP11 ?
by indigo_dave
08/30/15 07:40 PM
Steinway Piano #600,000
by phantomFive
08/30/15 06:46 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,575 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,549 Topics
2,440,573 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission