Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by BrianDX @ Today at 09:07 AM

They own Bosendorfer...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things are not working out for me by Morodiene @ Today at 09:05 AM

I feel where you're at. Believe me, every musician goes through this. Let me tell you that first of all, just because you're in a slump doesn't mean all is lost. As far as being able to teach kids in a school, you do not need to be able to play the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by biasa199 @ Today at 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By: malkinToo bad they didn't let you listen to the "important" visitor playing the pianos! Hehe. I actually came back a few minutes later just to listen to her play. It sounded like she was a jazz musician. It made me w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by BrianDX @ Today at 09:04 AM

I have been there myself several times over the years, but not since my piano education adventures started almost a year ago. I have a new C2X in my home and love it. Without getting into the whole "what I paid for my C2X" firestorm again
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: UVI has a sale on 5 grand piano sounds by Digitalguy @ Today at 09:03 AM

They have it on sale every 3-4 months. But hardly anyone seems to buy and the very few comments I have found don't sound very encouraging...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by malkin @ Today at 09:00 AM

Too bad they didn't let you listen to the "important" visitor playing the pianos!
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer electric piano sound by Dave Ferris @ Today at 09:00 AM

I'm not a huge EP aficionado these days , but when I do use them, I want them to sound good. I had always thought the Nord had the best Wurli & Rhodes (they still are excellent and work fine for the majority of applications) - that is until I s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things are not working out for me by Saranoya @ Today at 08:58 AM

Hi Teodor, I think you are just in one of those "ruts" we all get stuck in from time to time. If you got started late in life (did you really go from no previous experience to "an almost finished music education" in three years?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering what to play by CarlosCC @ Today at 08:58 AM

Back in 2009, when I joined PW, I realized that memorization wasn't a "natural process" for everybody. I saw several threads and discussions about it and this seemed a bit strange to me. In fact, I don't need any special effort to memorize
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Halloween Fantasy by Axtremus @ Today at 08:56 AM

Publishing two new short pieces this week, both for Piano Solo. This is Halloween Fantasy. (The other is Tag!) Previews, recording, and more information for Halloween Fantasy at http://www.PianoRecital.org/Halloween-Fantasy/ But if you just want t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by biasa199 @ Today at 08:53 AM

I visited Yamaha's flagship store today (located in Ginza, Tokyo), and was fortunate enough to try their C1X that was on display. It was hands down the best grand I've played so far. It was very responsive (faster than all the Steinways I've played).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by gsmonks @ Today at 08:53 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoCome on guys.. this is so lame.. There has never been a big public for classical or at least serious (good) music. Ok, there where some hypes but no, the common man never went to conservatory. In reality a lot of music b
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Tag! by Axtremus @ Today at 08:53 AM

Publishing two new short pieces this week, both for Piano Solo. This is Tag! (The other is Halloween Fantasy.) Previews, recording, and more information for Tag! at http://www.PianoRecital.org/Vox-Tag/ But if you just want to listen to the recordi
Adult Beginners Forum
I would laugh but just today I realised I have a whole song recorded with me hitting b flat instead of b in one of my videos. I tried to play it the right way but it sounds really wrong to me now. At the end of the gotta go with your own ears!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moderators: Why was my Old Steinway Thread Deleted? by the nosy ape @ Today at 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: AJFTalk to the average 9-12 year old about what they've got access to on the internet in 2014 and I think you'll realize that it's awfully naive to think that a child is going to come across ANYTHING on PW that shocks or offends
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie Needs Help by Morodiene @ Today at 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXOriginally Posted By: MorodieneThere are a lot of things you say here which are common misconceptions that beginners have that I'd like to address: 1) You have had a lifelong dream of learning to play piano, which is gre
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with MIDI: One question. by 90SITA @ Today at 08:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai James Connect the line output from your laptop into the input jacks on your keyboard, then disable the 'Local On' MIDI setting on your keyboard. Hi, thanks for the reply... (forgive me, I'm just trying to understand bett
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Things are not working out for me by Teodor @ Today at 08:45 AM

I really can't believe it was me who played in all those recitals in the last 3 years. Looking back on it everything I went through seems like a distant dream. I cannot keep up with repertoire and I haven't practiced seriously in over 4 months now.
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by sullivang @ Today at 08:45 AM

MacMacMac: You are taking the same overly simplistic view that I had, IMHO. There have been at least two reports that I'm aware of now (one from Macy - I forget who the other was) from users who were able to use a smaller audio buffer size, after sw
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by gsmonks @ Today at 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By: BrainCrampMarkarian, some of what you're seeing is simply demographics in the US. It crosses many occupations and industries. The baby boomers are a big population, and for a variety of reasons they aren't retiring at the age an
Jump to new posts Re: Surge protection? by Morodiene @ Today at 08:39 AM

We have UPSes on all our computers in FL because power outages are quite common there. It has been so helpful to not have everything shut off unexpectedly! This is the one I have: http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/APC-Back-UPS-650-UPS-390-Watt-650-VA/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by gsmonks @ Today at 08:38 AM

Originally Posted By: phackeOriginally Posted By: gsmonks I know musicians all over the UK, Europe, Canada and the US. We're all in pretty much the same boat. There is still some work out there. I'm in the process of buying a 23-passenger bus &
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by MacMacMac @ Today at 08:36 AM

I don't follow this ...Originally Posted By: sullivang[Drive performance] ... may have an indirect affect on the latency, if it allows one to use a smaller audio buffer size.Plainly, higher drive performance can allow you to lower the instrument prel
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Piano Practice @ Today at 08:35 AM

I may have missed it in the replies above and hopefully Iím not falling off into the weeds when I ask thisÖ Arenít elementary school age kids in countries in Asia, such as Japan, required to take piano? (Emphasis on the word "required".) T
Adult Beginners Forum
rpw, Fingering indications in sheet music are just suggestions. Not everyone has the same hands, and if you find a different fingering that is more comfortable for you, take a pencil and change it on the score. Also, the suggested fingering for
Page 13 of 22 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 >
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
148 registered (36251, AndrewJCW, AmateurBob, 42 invisible), 1778 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75509 Members
42 Forums
156142 Topics
2292925 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pianist Noah Landis - Lowell, MA Sept. 6th
by Piano World
07/24/14 06:09 PM
Guidance for Publishing
by Dachshund
07/24/14 06:02 PM
Keith Emerson Playing NY in October!
by Piano World
07/24/14 05:52 PM
Action parts any different from 80s,90s, 2k Charles Walter?
by Gatsbee13
07/24/14 04:36 PM
Question about finger reach!
by Plopsy
07/24/14 04:23 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission