Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
116 registered (andyvn579, accordeur, 821, Anita Potter, 28 invisible), 1456 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Ca 63 buzzing noise by Bellicapelli @ Today at 06:02 AM

Well, yesterday evening after work i went back to the piano to study... and the buzz was gone. I guess that's the climate related part kidding me. I'll look into calling a technician if it ever should become worse. Fact is, i'll have to be luc
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by R_B @ Today at 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By sam abdelI would appreciate the professional opinion of any Music Professionals/Teachers. A little about my musicality... I had a piano as a child from age 5-25. Never had classes. Taught myself here and there. Nothing seriou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Rerun @ Today at 05:51 AM

Quote:This is not up for debate. Gaga's songwriting is not in the same universe as Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson, Stevie Wonder, Freddie Mercury, Michael Jackson, Elton John, etc, in the same way that said musicians aren't in the same universe as Bach
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Discoloration in a 30 year old piano by TwoThumbs @ Today at 05:41 AM

Thanks very much!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by PM7 @ Today at 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By rocket88 It is a good thing anytime a piano, a big grand piano, is featured front and center for millions and millions to see. I suspect, that there may be other end of that stick: ignorant people thinking that she plays pian
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Nordomus @ Today at 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By CeldorOriginally Posted By andoCan't people just turn off their own DP? I don't find it hard. My exact thought But it's haaaaard But seriously though it's just nice feature, of course it's not necessity but it's cool and mak
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by sam abdel @ Today at 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By Nikolas1. Quite far if you put your mind to it, I think. Especially if you study 2 hours per day! 2. Yes. Anything to do with musicology, etc, might do the trick, I think. But it depends on where you live, of course! 2. I liv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by Sam S @ Today at 05:35 AM

I have said this many times here, and others have said it too: It's about the journey, not the destination. I restarted 7 years ago. I am now 62. I have had seven great years of playing the piano. If I had not restarted, what would I have? Regret a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by Nikolas @ Today at 05:25 AM

1. Quite far if you put your mind to it, I think. Especially if you study 2 hours per day! 2. Yes. Anything to do with musicology, etc, might do the trick, I think. But it depends on where you live, of course!
Jump to new posts Re: Just starting... by Frédéric L @ Today at 05:24 AM

I agree with Charles, the levels are related to the sensitivity of the keyboard : with a Light level, a mf will sound f or ff, on hard level the same mf will sound mp or p. But all tones could be produced, not only 5.
Jump to new posts Re: I've bought the Kawai CA17! by konstik @ Today at 05:24 AM

Thank you, James. That's exactly what I need.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by f3r @ Today at 05:16 AM

It took two months (November - started lessons in September) before my teacher gave me some scales to work on. Reason is that he would like me to learn from pieces and nice etudes, instead of consuming myself in mechanical, boring scales. I guess one
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Discoloration in a 30 year old piano by Johnkie @ Today at 05:16 AM

It isn't anything to worry about and certainly not any form of mould or discolouration. ... the grey was there when brand new and part of the manufacturing process.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Goldberg variations - Glenn Gould's tempo by BeeZee4 @ Today at 05:10 AM

Love Angela Hewitt's! In addition to Maestro Schiff I've added Igor Levit's reading to my collection, a fascinating collection which includes Beethoven's Diabelli's and Rzewski's "People United Will Never Be Defeated", 3 sets of monster var
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts At age 45, what are the limitations? by sam abdel @ Today at 04:52 AM

I would appreciate the professional opinion of any Music Professionals/Teachers. A little about my musicality... I had a piano as a child from age 5-25. Never had classes. Taught myself here and there. Nothing serious. in my teens learned fur eli
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by Qazsedcft @ Today at 04:41 AM

Well, you won't play at Carnegie Hall but I don't think there's any limit to what you can learn. It just takes a long time so enjoy the journey. Also, it's better to practice every day than to take 2 days off per week. Even 15 minutes is better than
Jump to new posts Hammer Discoloration in a 30 year old piano by TwoThumbs @ Today at 04:37 AM

Hello! I'm wondering what's the cause of the grey discoloration of the hammers in an older piano, which looks to be fairly symmetrical across all the hammers. My piano tech says this is normal and not worrisome. The piano has been stored in a tropic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by sam abdel @ Today at 04:29 AM

Hello fellow Pianoworld peeps. I had a piano as a child from age 5-25. Never had formal classes. Taught myself here and there. Nothing serious. in my teens learned fur elise and pop music that I would buy from the music store. Then learned Beethov
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Hammer Discoloration by TwoThumbs @ Today at 04:27 AM

Discoloured hammer
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by Celdor @ Today at 04:15 AM

Right. This time only good news I couldn't understand that after little use of the interface it simply broke. I have gone through the entire manual which took me whole afternoon; I missed practicing >.< It turns out that the interface has a
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By scgrant There have been several threads on this forum lately about this issue of lesson anxiety and how to overcome this impediment. Could you (or your cousin) share any approaches that helped in overcoming the anxiety (I'm assu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is what I am doing beneficial? by dogperson @ Today at 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By INBostonThanks everyone, all good points. Quick question... if you know the melody and have heard the piece played before, does it count at sight-reading? Obviously, I find it easier to sight-read something if I know the way it's
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking advice on a compact digital piano by Garf @ Today at 03:56 AM

Kawai ES8 and Roland FP-80 should be great options, much better than that Yamaha. The VPC1 is an option if you're willing to deal with having to turn your computer on if you want to play. Good software pianos can be had for USD100, if you're going t
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Celdor @ Today at 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By andoCan't people just turn off their own DP? I don't find it hard. My exact thought
Piano Forum
thanks, I made lot's of videos using this way of iceface tuning but my latest one is completely 24edo and you might be interested as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilkkvAkotF8
Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Melville Clark Baby Grand- any info??
by Shell1250
02/10/16 08:46 PM
Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 2/9/14
by Dfrankjazz
02/10/16 07:27 PM
Introduction and Question about recording video/audio
by Jen Weir
02/10/16 06:01 PM
Can't find information on Kimball piano
by cowgirl524
02/10/16 05:56 PM
cole porter bulldog song from yale
by ihavetubes
02/10/16 05:39 PM
Forum Stats
82,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,399 Topics
2,494,093 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission