Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by peterws @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: wildpigOriginally Posted By: Doritos FlavouredBought pianoteq 5 stage. Just wonderful. My px-850 concert sample is ok, but pianoteq's D truly offers a lot more punch and harmonic overtones. Plus all the reverb options and such
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 black key noise? by rungabic @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Thanks for your response. Well, I hadn't thought about that, and it's true that it spent the weekend in FedEx's Miami warehouse (which if not climate-controlled, was definitely hot and humid). Now it's in air conditioning and will remain so, but I've
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What happpened to the "edit" button? by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

It was recently shortened, for a number of reasons, some of which have already been mentioned.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding "technique" by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

I would definitely ask the new teacher(is she permanent or was this a one time lesson?)to explain in detail exactly why she feels her technical approach is better than the one you were using? Do you think your previous teacher was not knowledgable co
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ivories: To save or not to save by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Gerry JohnstonI really don't disagree with anything you have said here. But the harsh reality is currently that using old ivory for any commercial purpose (patching old keyboards, etc) without first obtaining government required
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What happpened to the "edit" button? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

I think it's configurable, and I've seen it behave in a variety of ways here on PW. For example, I made a post on 3/7/13, and edited it on 4/17/14, nearly six months later. You can see the post here to verify the dates. Lately it seems to disable
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding "technique" by Hakki @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

Francisco, Articulation of fingers, wrist might be suitable for some music, like baroque, early classical etc. But for romantic music many consider the weight technique more appropriate. However, there is one thing that you must be cautious about.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN24 vs Kawai CA65 Vs Acoustic by PtJaa @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

The design of Kawai wooden and plastic actions differs considerably (see here vs. here ). If similar design would be possible with plastics is anyone's guess. I believe that the most important qualities of wood with regards to the Kawai wooden acti
I don't know how you mute strings. But for speeding up the coarse tuning I suggest you to strip mute the entire piano. Tune A4, tune A3 , then tune from the lowest note of the treble bridge up to C8. Then tune from the highest note of the bass bridge
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's Norbert? by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

Haven't you people seen Beetleguise?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light Hammers- Computer Analysis of 4 Grand Piano Actions by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: A443 What was described is indeed very important, but as long as the hammers are light enough, the leads aren't in the keys, and the action geometry setup correctly, then this is usually what happens. No? I'm assuming starting
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and groggy by dpaws @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

I feel like when I practice groggy or not feeling well, I make a lot of mistakes and it feels counterproductive. I try to stop myself and just walk away before I inject too many mistakes into whatever I'm working on. Sometimes when I'm tired and gr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by Riddler @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: indigo_daveHi Riddler (Ed?), I recorded a short illustration. Kind of slowed down. I hope it helps. I also did a rough notation - instead of doing # and b for sharps and flats, I simply use an up arrow or down arrow. I find i
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by Luca33 @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

CN25 and 35....very interesting. According to you when Kawai will release new CA 6x/9x.
Jump to new posts Re: Ivories: To save or not to save by Silverwood Pianos @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Gerry Johnston But the harsh reality is currently that using old ivory for any commercial purpose (patching old keyboards, etc) without first obtaining government required paperwork is a felony. I you re-use old ivory, do so a
PS: The goal of the first pass is not tuning but to make the soundboard move.
I read you measured 88 notes. In fact Verituner only gathers iH info up to C7. You have not to measure from C#7 to C8. Also you can tune while the Verituner fills the I's, so in fact there is no measuring time. The only I's you have to fill complete
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by Carbonblob @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback Pover. I think you're going to go far! I'm self taught too. I didn't care if I had to learn one measure at a time, I was going to learn original pieces and not the easy versions.......lol. This isn't about me so I won't bor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bone chilling ending to pieces by Kuanpiano @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottMy head is in Tombeau de Couperin at the moment, so I'm biased, but I think the end of the Prelude is very bone chilling. I always imagined the end of the prelude to just be a sort of "peaceful restlessness"
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding "technique" by Kuanpiano @ Yesterday at 12:58 PM

I know it's always being discussed, but I've realized that making gross statements about technique hasn't really helpful to me. Because I don't have a teacher, nor any time for lessons, having a total overhaul of my technique isn't really in my inter
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by Kuanpiano @ Yesterday at 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoSince someone mentioned Scriabin, what do you guys think of his 7th sonata? It seems VERY difficult, not just for the fingers but mainly for the brain. It's one of those pieces that are so hard to grasp, let alon
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by Kuanpiano @ Yesterday at 12:52 PM

I found that a way to practice any rhythm that is n/ n+1 (3/4, 5/6, 10/11, etc) is to just do the following: Assume the RH plays 6, and the left hand plays 5 for example. Start by playing both hands together. The alternate between the hand with mo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff 2 and broken strings by Piano Practice @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

Im guilty of breaking a couple of strings along the way (nothing like the Rach 2I dont think I could get pass the first three or four measures if I tried). In both cases it was in the treble end of a Steinway D (circa 1987) and Yamaha (older than
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

I have these: http://www.earthworksaudio.com/microphones/qtc-series-2/qtc40/ Hooked to this preamp: http://www.gracedesign.com/products/m201/m201.htm So, ok, these cost A LOT, but I swear they are worth it! Every single penny!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Exorcist movie main theme
by Danijelcro
30 minutes 53 seconds ago
Free Cunningham Piano Company Grand Piano
by Rich D.
Today at 11:05 AM
Baldwin capo: a metallic-buzz sound generating system
by A443
Today at 11:00 AM
MP11 sustain pedal (F30) release: possible issue?
by kanadajin
Today at 10:59 AM
Chopin - Scherzo 1 Help
by YoungNoir
Today at 10:22 AM
Who's Online
144 registered (accordeur, ando, Alex75001, ajames, 46 invisible), 1582 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76290 Members
42 Forums
157709 Topics
2316513 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission