Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
65 registered (bennevis, Buckster, barbaram, Andre van Haren, alwatson, beeboss, 10 invisible), 1646 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Beakybird @ Yesterday at 10:15 AM

+ Torching a keyboard because the stunning music stand (of course you can choose among dozens of music stand for your needs) cannot accommodate a sheet music stand behind it - this is very silly and nit picky.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does technique or playing the notes come first by keystring @ Yesterday at 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By ChemblueStarted playing piano in November with a teacher. Two weeks prior used Internet to learn the notes rather than finger numbers. Had 6 1/2 hour fortnightly lessons. Want to play with the right technique does this develop la
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Teaching kids and keeping high expectations. by Juan Rezzuto @ Yesterday at 10:12 AM

Veronica Haro on: "Dedication" January 22, 2017 | Veronica Haro DEDICATION... We always had heard that “A genius is one percent inspiration, ninety nine percent perspiration”. I have seen it while being a piano student and now being
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does technique or playing the notes come first by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 10:07 AM

Technique is playing the notes! It's just that there are good ways of doing it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: JULIUS BLUTHNER, LEIPZIG, K.S.HOF.FABRIKANT, upright piano by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:03 AM

If I owned that one, I think I would find a really good rebuilder and get him to go to work! It has to be a very special upright to be worth rebuilding but that would be a candidate.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you play piano? by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 10:02 AM

Why is a dancer a dancer but a pianist is a pianist only under certain circumstances? I am a pianist. I might not be good or great, but that doesn't change anything. Besides, I like the term, "Amateur" because it implies a love for somethi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM

That has cheered me up no end, Ed.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Beakybird @ Yesterday at 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By 9190USB-port for memory flash drive located on the back panel, which would be very inconvenient for me if I would considering this keyboard. The headphone jack is also on the back. Their keyboard_stand would be also unusable for
Originally Posted By brooster Bonners NAMM - Yamaha P115 vs Roland FP30 vs Kawai ES110 That's a great video. I was waiting for this in a long time. In this video you can clearly hear how the Roland FP30 sounds so much better than the other two. It
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise by Ed A. Hall @ Yesterday at 09:54 AM

Yes, had a piano that made a strange and unfamiliar noise. I looked closer and the plate had cracked. The piano sounded haunted afterwards, massively out of tune and dampers no longer functioned.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By zrtf90Try playing a melody using one finger or one finger from each hand. Using just the middle finger of each hand you will probably keep the finger still relative to your hand and just use arm weight. This is the basis of piano
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP-600 series release date? by mwf @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

Perhaps read all the messages in this thread and you can clearly see my answer to this question. Yamaha announce new digital pianos at musikmesse not namm anymore, so you will have to wait until April to find out what they have developed, I expect a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new piano out of the crate by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 09:50 AM

Why are you considering buying the piano out of the crate?
Jump to new posts Re: About the VPC1 hammer action by peterws @ Yesterday at 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By mwf I have a yamaha cp4, I love it, one of the best pianos I've ever owned. I was thinking obviously of using that to play the software pianos through, is it good enough for that may I ask or do I need a vpc1? Are the touch curv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By Saranoya...So yes, maybe I play things that are too difficult for me, but then again, maybe that's kind of the point . So there you are! I'm in this camp too. I do enjoy the thinking and work of practicing. Although, I m
Jump to new posts Re: About the VPC1 hammer action by mwf @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

Thank you, how does ivory play and sound compared to the built in tones of your clp 150 and other more modern digital pianos? Is there a massive difference? I realise ivory etc.. Use gb samples as opposed to mb samples in digital pianos.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Sheet music that sounds good with e-piano sound? by JoBert @ Yesterday at 09:42 AM

Hi, I have various pieces in my repertoire that sound good with a piano sound, but I would also sometimes like to make use of the various e-piano sounds that my digital piano has built in. Nothing from my current repertoire really sounds good with t
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by 9190 @ Yesterday at 09:41 AM

USB-port for memory flash drive located on the back panel, which would be very inconvenient for me if I would considering this keyboard. The headphone jack is also on the back. Their keyboard_stand would be also unusable for me: because of its const
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you play piano? by Rerun @ Yesterday at 09:39 AM

There's no way I"d live long enough to learn to sight read, but I caught on learning to play by ear pretty quickly. I'm good with a piano player label. If someone asks, I say "mmm I play a little bit", but Council On Aging and the l
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Charles Cohen . . . As you play louder, the tone is _supposed_ to become harsher ! ... Get used to the idea that the piano is a _tuned percussion instrument_, not a violin, and for sure not a flute. ... That's interesting! Yes
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano - Help with shortlist! by Mizpah @ Yesterday at 09:36 AM

Thanks Petes1 / Bambers: Yup I am starting to think the wish list is a stretch - I deliberately avoided looking at prices whilst writing a wish list so I wasn't unduly influenced! I have just seen a demonstration of the CVP 709, with the 'learning
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Recording individual notes when piano is tuned by slobajudge @ Yesterday at 09:36 AM

Hello to everybody, I know there is no shortcuts when somebody wants to learn to tune piano but just one question. Is it possible to record individual notes of piano when piano is tuned and then use that recording to match pitch later when it is not
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 09:33 AM

1. For the Beauty of the Earth - Traditional Hymn - Bastien Religious Favorites 2. What's That Noise - Mier 3. Sidewalks of New York - Favorite Melodies the World Over 4. House of the Rising Sun - Alfred's Adult AIO Bk 2. 5. Sakura - Alfred Adult AIO
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 09:31 AM

This house creaks and snaps all day and night. I love it but anybody of a nervous disposition probably would not. I contacted my technician. He suggested that it was probably due to humidity, or rather lack thereof. So I have got my patent humidifie
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano - Help with shortlist! by Bambers @ Yesterday at 09:17 AM

Can't hear any key noise? There's some creaking/tapping but it's not in time with the notes, I think that's a case of poor cameraman creaking the floorboards, or possibly a kid/dog messing in the background. Actions can get quite clunky with age but
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
pyramid piano
by phantomFive
01/23/17 02:51 AM
24 bit midi resolution
by Bachus
01/23/17 01:24 AM
The end of our piano search
by Pneuma
01/23/17 12:53 AM
Suggestions for contemporary piano pieces?
by piano2002
01/22/17 10:41 PM
Let's see your home made tuning hammers!
by Tom Delmonte
01/22/17 10:12 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,345 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,959 Topics
2,591,339 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission