Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

Bill Bremmer RPT, Gadzar summarised the discussion for you. Did you understand? Or is the topic still too complicated for you to grasp?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Rare Time Signatures by caters @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

I have seen some rare time signatures like for example 4/16 time and 9/16 time. A quarter note would feel like a whole note in 4/16 time because a quarter is 4 times slower than a 16th and a half would feel like a double whole and a whole would feel
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

Also from that article, Originally Posted By: articlea strong correlation between the number of hours chess players have dedicated to chess (deliberate practice) and their current rating. So they couldn't find a correlation between IQ and chess ab
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fun Fugue Favorite Fiesta by BDB @ Yesterday at 02:47 PM

Not for piano, but definitely fun!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 - no midi output by roobarb @ Yesterday at 02:46 PM

Update..... Thanks Kobrakai, I sent the unit back to Thomman who sent it for repair. They subsequently kindly refunded the full amount, so I have re-ordered a new one today. As the original B-grade model arrived to me in a rather tatty box (not their
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Grand Pianos by Lyra @ Yesterday at 02:44 PM

I believe Wilhelm Backhaus preference of Bechstein pianos had something to do with his affiliation with the Nazi.
Adult Beginners Forum
I completely understand the need to move ahead to target levels before we are actually ready in our youth. Now as adults, with absolutely no consequences on what level we are at, the whole RCM thing becomes a labor of love. This is the greatest lux
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: UVi Grand Piano, cant get the MIDI Files help? by Thomas B @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

Make sure you looked for anything "UVI" inside the AU instrument section. I think their sample player is called something like UVI Workstation and you would need to select that instrument and "load" the UVI grands afterwards, but
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by BDB @ Yesterday at 02:36 PM

There is a limit to the accuracy a piano can be tuned. It is more accurate than most musical instruments, but it cannot be done to any arbitrary degree of accuracy.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: page-turning for tablets by Barly @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

Looks like a good idea, but the repertoire is (still?) quite limited, and I'd have to rebuy everything. Still, something like that might be the future.
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: GadzarIt is called the "marshmallow zone", i.e. a range where a string can be tuned in unison whith another string. And here the word unison means that both strings sound as if there was a unique string. Some call thi
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Online piano teacher by RonDrotos @ Yesterday at 02:26 PM

Hi Nikalette. This is beyond the scope of your question, but I thought of this while reading your post: Do you ever get together with other instrumentalists and jam? I've seen that most adult piano students learn some good techniques, but would go e
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by outo @ Yesterday at 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFive It turns out, "After a century of investigation, not a single study with adult chess players has managed to establish a link between chess skill and intelligence." Is anyone surprised? IQ tests are not d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Quick question on zoom recorders by Hakki @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

bennevis: Maybe you can leave a comment on the YouTube page of Oresti Tsonopoulos that I had posted above. Of course if you like the sound in that video (I thought it was not bad)
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 02:21 PM

I guessed correctly when I predicted that what I had to say would send a few people ballistic. Here is a link to the pertinent part of the Gabriel Weinreich article: https://www.speech.kth.se/music/5_lectures/weinreic/mistuned.html Here is the q
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Grand Pianos by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

Hello Beethovenop54, Manufacturers can change significantly over the decades. A Bechstein or Steinway from 1890 has a distinctly different sound from contemporary models. So, I make generalizations about piano brands by the decade, but not by centur
Piano Forum
Hello PhillipInChina, From the gate legged Bechsteins that I have actually seen and observed in photos, the lyre legs in the gate legged grands are relatively plain and simple. Bechstein built extraordinary grand pianos that were both beautiful visu
Jump to new posts Re: Octave Sizes by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

For me, the octave size is not chosen, it is created and then judged. The intervals can always fit into any octave size. They are all out of tune away (beating). We just try to make them progress evenly for ET. ******When we approach tuning to wher
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dyscalculia by outo @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

A most annoying thing for me is that no matter how long I have learned or played my Scarlatti sonatas, I can never remember any of the K numbers correctly...I always have to dig out the scores just to know which piece it is that I am working with
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dyscalculia by Nahum @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: outo I wanted to learn Chopin op 15-3 but had to give up because on the 3rd page the notes start dancing around and trying to focus on them is impossible. I will have to try the coloured paper trick some day... I have been tea
Jump to new posts Re: Refinishing to the Finish by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: OlekOriginally Posted By: chernobieffGene, S/W Polyurethane Varnish. What mean ? Polyurethane based varnishes/lacquers are covering well (used when one want to have a closed grain finish, as Nitro based stay thin and always
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 02:08 PM

It is called the "marshmallow zone", i.e. a range where a string can be tuned in unison whith another string. And here the word unison means that both strings sound as if there was a unique string. Some call this coupling. If we measure th
Piano Forum
Thank you wimpiano for the above photo. That is a truly resplendent looking piano. One of the many fine features of these early Bechsteins was the elegant, graceful proportions of their appearance. Here in Auckland, in a music instrument museum, ther
Jump to new posts Re: Refinishing to the Finish by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: kennyzNice job Gene, looks great! How many hours do you figure you've got int the finish? Thank you. Did not keep track but guessing around 40+
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher not covering theory and assigns too advanced music? by musicpassion @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Ok - thanks for the response. You are right, and I think the OP's kid is probably working with a good teacher.
Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Old Schumann Upright
by UnrightTooner
15 minutes 49 seconds ago
For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)...
by mrmacmusic
Today at 07:38 AM
Modern Jazz Pianists and Compositions
by b4ggy
Today at 07:07 AM
Interview with Leon Fleisher
by vlhorowitz
Today at 04:27 AM
Interview with Leon Fleisher
by vlhorowitz
Today at 04:26 AM
Who's Online
117 registered (ajames, AndresD, amt976, Alexancho, A Guy, 35 invisible), 1298 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76384 Members
42 Forums
157916 Topics
2319187 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission