Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
128 registered (accordeur, agraffe, 36251, Adelheid, amadeus90, 37 invisible), 1445 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Have you found 'Your Music'? by Ken Knapp @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

I think a sign of maturity is to be able to resist constantly correcting the spelling and grammar of others.. In reality, it is saying, "See? I'm smarter than you.."
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by jdw @ Yesterday at 05:17 PM

Lots of good advice here about going slowly--and I like the stopping technique for helping you think about what you're doing. But my teacher emphasizes too that when there's a recurring mistake, there's a specific reason for it--an erroneous motion r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by oldmancoyote @ Yesterday at 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By DoccOldmancoyote (do you have coyotes in Switzerland?) - I have been told, mainly by Yamaha dealers, that I would be surprised regarding newer Yamaha and Kawai sound. Haven't heard them yet. If the piano comes from the factory br
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by scgrant @ Yesterday at 05:12 PM

I read of a radical suggestion, that I have not dared try, but I throw it out there for consideration. The suggestion from a very experienced teacher was try everything, slow practice, step-by-by movement, etc, but if all else fails then explicitly m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by Vid @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By raubuchoBear in mind that, from your description, you have now "practiced" (repeated) that mistake innumerable times. You have learned it, and that is why your brain goes continues to commit the mistake. You must unlea
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Using someones Synthogy samples by JoeT @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

Dongles are very simple to use: They are intended to make software equivalent to a physical item: Who possesses it can use it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Have you found 'Your Music'? by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

I found my music in Bach preludes and Beethoven adagios.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by Vid @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDSome of you dudes are taking this thread all too seriously!! I have a hard time picturing you saying "dudes" in person Bruce!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Have you found 'Your Music'? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

Have we found our music? I would be surprised if each forum member did not have a (Natural?) affinity for composers or periods or genres of music. Can we appreciate others that are not 'our style'? I would certainly hope that would be an appreciat
Jump to new posts Kawai CS-X1 by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

Someone shoot me if this has already been posted or linked to but this video has two stars.. The piano. And the very debonair and erudite Kawai representative introducing the demonstration... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpHNZzH0MkU
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Doritos FlavouredOriginally Posted By Johan B And John Field, Nocturne-The troubadour H.55 and Nocturne 8 E minor H46....they called him Drunk John, Irish composer and went to Russia,....from whiskey to wodka, died of too much wo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 04:34 PM

precisely what raubucho said play that exact troubled spot slowly. As many times as is needed to feel it smooth and natural. Then slowly bring it up to tempo. tired of repeating? then perhaps piano playing is not quite your thing...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: May Piano Bar by Moonsh1ne @ Yesterday at 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By Riddler Moonsh1ne, that was terrific! Too bad you missed the recital date, it would have gone over well, I'm sure. You sound like a real pro on those trills, and the ascending diminished arpeggios. Lots of drama there. Well done.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 118 6 Piano Pieces by BruceD @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

Masterful performances, all! In the true meaning of the word: "awesome"! Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play today? Tip for other pianists? Daily...... by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By Johan B And John Field, Nocturne-The troubadour H.55 and Nocturne 8 E minor H46....they called him Drunk John, Irish composer and went to Russia,....from whiskey to wodka, died of too much wodka.... John Field Also composer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by Adelheid @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

I guess I have been trying to play faster than I can. I will do the slow approach. Thanks for all your tips. It's wonderful to get so many reactions in such a short time, thanks!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play today? Tip for other pianists? Daily...... by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

so many obscure but great suggestions, Johan keep it up, I always find something of interest in this thread
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids of non-musical parents by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By INBostonOne other technique I've been using is to have them critique my playing and "help" me make it better. They really seem to like that and it motivates them to work on their own pieces. That works here as well. Al
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Lester Burnham @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By Gers76Originally Posted By Lester BurnhamOriginally Posted By Gers76Hi everyone. How does the GP500 compare to the Kawai CA97. I have tried them both but it was in different shops and I can't quite decide. Can anyone advise me
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by kapelli @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By Gers76Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By Gers76Hi everyone. How does the GP500 compare to the Kawai CA97. I have tried them both but it was in different shops and I can't quite decide. Can anyone advise me?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Some of you dudes are taking this thread all too seriously!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by Kalos Piano @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Beethoven all the way. I feel much more emotion when I listen to his works. But it's true that, as far as playing goes, I find the Turkish Rondo much more fun to play compared to Fur Elise (I can only compare these two pieces as I unfortunately haven
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by mischeli @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

Ok mischeli, I agree, both Yamaha and Kawai have that typical bright Japanese acoustic piano sound; but it is a very efective sound for cut in a dense mix for live performances. Expensive, i don´t think so, IMHO Roland is more expensive than Yamaha
Adult Beginners Forum
25 May 2016 Sorry, I did not post music ideas for several days........this evening I played a lot of Sonata parts of Joseph Haydn......so nice..... You know there is enough to play..... Sonatas, Haydn What did you play today? Best regard
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
15th harmonic on a piano string
by Ricochet75
05/26/16 02:00 PM
Ragtime
by fatar760
05/26/16 12:23 PM
Should you take lessons from same teacher as your child?
by ViennaAutumn
05/26/16 10:42 AM
My upright is good enough for me
by Beemer
05/26/16 08:09 AM
Damper Spring Rail?
by Beemer
05/26/16 05:39 AM
Forum Stats
83,760 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,940 Topics
2,527,948 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission