Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving to Intermediate Level by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 12:19 PM

Gisele, if you're going to use the series for review and polish at her current level before moving on, let me tell you what I generally do with the series. First, about half the pieces, perhaps 2/3rds, were written originally as studies of one type
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: gynnisI wonder if we should start a new thread on unison tuning. This Viennese vs sustain vs DOA is a whole large issue in itself. Do a search here on Piano World. You will find it has been discussed ad nauseum.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by turandot @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Rich GalassiniHello, These pianos had a fair amount of inconsistency and flaws that may or may not have been corrected by the store or a piano technician. I say have the piano examined for any original manufacturing issues
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 12:07 PM

A443, I have not heard the term "hold" when describing the sound envelope. Could you please define hold, as well as the 3 other components. When you say lighter hammers with "flatter" strike points, surely you don't mean that the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing slow is only part of it by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 12:05 PM

Morodiene I think that's great advice! I'm reminded of that old saying, If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every problem starts to look like a nail. I think it's well worth remembering that what you need to solve a problem in one pie
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: teaching in a studio vs independently from home by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: TimR I had a friend who did this and didn't read the fine print in his contract. Turned out he couldn't quit, he was obligated for a year; and the owner threatened legal action. I can't remember how it ended up but he was very
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC But, unfortunately... I didn't press the "record" button, so it was a "false start" and I've to start all over again. I really hate it when that happens
Pianist Corner
15 is the sarabande from the 5th French Suite. 8 is SO familiar, but I can't place it and it's driving me insane...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

Hi, mellifluous! And welcome to Piano World! Well, Brahms didn't write a whole lot of shorter solo piano works; but, having said that, you might have a look at his four Ballades -- early, not late Brahms. Within Op 116, I'd take a look at No 3, whi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms by bennevis @ Yesterday at 11:57 AM

Why not play Op.118 Nos.1 and 2 as a pair? No.1 leads nicely into No.2, and contrasts well with it. Or else play the Ballade of Op.118 by itself, as it has a contrasting middle section.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Piano Around The World by karmanathan @ Yesterday at 11:55 AM

You should check this guy out - Dotan Negrin. Interesting guy. I saw him play in my town. He is travelling the world with his Upright Piano and just plays wherever he can. He records and blogs and posts pics about his experiences. He is on Facebook
Pianist Corner
#8 is quite familiar and I'm 'pretty sure' it's Bach but I have no idea what. I looked it up in the "Dictionary of Musical Themes" and was surprised it's not in there.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to Elton John's 'Nikita' by slipperykeys @ Yesterday at 11:51 AM

First bar G Second bar B Minor Third Bar C Fourth Bar A Minor 7, G, C. According to the sheet music. If you Google, Nikita Sheet Music Images, it may help you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SSRS by barbaram @ Yesterday at 11:50 AM

Well my SSRS finally arrived yesterday, after I had almost given up hope. Luckily I was well-prepared for this NOT to be a "dive straight in" type of book, and yesterday I didn't do much other than read it. I'm resisting the temptation to s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by karmanathan @ Yesterday at 11:50 AM

So I know I need to stay disciplined and keep working through the basics and learning through the Alfred's Basics Adult Books, but I really want to learn more Jazz, Blues, Ragtime, and more popular pop stuff, some Billy Joel, etc. Thats the stuff I r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bored kid at Cosco.. by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: backto_study_pianoOriginally Posted By: JohnSprungBritney Spears was good at something? What? Who? And, great playing, Jake. She's a great cautionary tale. Look her up on youtube and any tabloid gossip sheet.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: casinitaly! Many happy returns of the day! by barbaram @ Yesterday at 11:45 AM

Happy birthday! Hope you are having a lovely day
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: laguna_gregWell, my M&H is almost 100 years old. It had a partial rebuild in 1981, action, strings and case work, and it sounds absolutely gorgeous. I've been told by several people that the soundboard has excellent crown
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 11:44 AM

Hi phacke! Well I'll be! I'd read somewhere long ago that sine wool was electrostatically charged, it repelled water. That's why it made such good winter clothes. I will say it keeps my string from rusting and the soundboard clean if nothing else
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: FarmGirlI did not know how much I missed piano until quit after 7 years of lessons. My parents said once quit no going back,so I tried live life not to listen to any music. I tuned out all the music around me. Yeah both my par
Pianist Corner
My father was my inspiration. He had a Phd in mechanical engineering, but he always loved music. He played trumpet as a child and later euphonium and baritone horn in marching band at college. Then in his 40s he started taking formal singing lessons.
Piano Forum
Does anyone know who Renner Pianos of Houston, TX, is? I've been in Houston for over a decade, and I've never heard that name before. Not that it really matters....
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Mason & Hamlin Tension Resonator: Help or Hype??? by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 11:36 AM

Well, my M&H is almost 100 years old. It had a partial rebuild in 1981, action, strings and case work, and it sounds absolutely gorgeous. I've been told by several people that the soundboard has excellent crown still. My experience has been th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by phunqe @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

You slip on basic plastic because it does not absorb sweat from your fingers. The likewise porous plastic imitations are pretty decent nowadays, I haven't noticed any issues with my MP11 for example.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano lower than standard pitch by A443 @ Yesterday at 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: gynnis"An anecdote illustrating this came from a friend (now deceased) who once did a lot of tuning for recording studios in NYC. He was legally blind but that had nothing to do with his tuning ability. He finally got tired
Page 13 of 18 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
76 registered (AndrewJCW, Art_Vandelay, Atrys, a-z0-9, beet31425, 18 invisible), 1315 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75581 Members
42 Forums
156276 Topics
2295047 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Coming up with new compositional methods.
by gsmonks
14 minutes 9 seconds ago
Impromptu in A
by Ritzycat
Today at 12:42 AM
what do you think piano teachers about it?
by Maximillyan
Today at 12:15 AM
picking a fight: how many movements in op.110?
by beet31425
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Old Wurlitzer (circa 1940s) baby grand, Worth Picking Up?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission