Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
104 registered (AlbertoA, Albunea, Amusingprofessor, AdrianR, 21 invisible), 2235 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Hello kawaiplayer, congrats on your new CS8. If you need to reduce the volume of the Line In signal, I would recommend using the control knob located beside the input connector (on the jack panel) ahead of adjusting the level via the software functi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Going through Alfred (or any method book) with a Teacher by lakers4sho @ Yesterday at 07:40 PM

Hi all, I (elementary) recently hooked up with a piano teacher. Right now we are only working through Hanon/Czerny to build up finger strength/dexterity. But I would like to progress my overall piano skill, as well as have a bit of a structure with
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Bulgaria 2017 by Piano World @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Don't give up Philip, I'll mention it in the next newsletter. Been super busy redesigning and building the primary Piano World site (have 150+ pages built so far) so a little behind. The new site (not the forums, they are licensed) will be neater, c
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Career Academy anyone? Alternative Piano Lessons by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D. Try this at home if you want to seriously hurt yourself Doesn't get more stupid than this. In all fairness, there's 8:46 of warm-up in the video ahead of this point, and just before, she tells beginners not to tr
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

Hello Andrew, Yes, for this purpose the MP7 can also work very well. I would also suggest considering a Bluetooth MIDI adaptor such as the Quiccosound mi.1 or Yamaha MD-BT01 for connecting the iPad to the MP7 wirelessly (for MIDI)...although having
Jump to new posts Re: Requesting suggestions for a mid-range digital piano. by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Thanks for the update Hwtele - congrats on your new piano! By the way, you must have quite a large Christmas tree if you fit a boxed CN25 under there...I expect wrapping it took some doing too! Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: I fiddled around on CA97, LX17, and GP500 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

Hello Doug, Originally Posted By Doug M.Some people have commented their dislike of Kawai headphone sound quality. Have they? Can you provide some examples please? Originally Posted By Doug M.I think the subjective nature of it means that it's al
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Career Academy anyone? Alternative Piano Lessons by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

I'm in a position where in some ways I'm probably fairly advanced, but because initially as a child I self-taught for years, I've had a need to revamp the physical end of my playing through fundamental things that support everything. At this point I
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy this used VPC1? by newer player @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Alberto, I am a big fan of buying B-stock and bang-up gear with significant discounts. For example, my Kawai es100 and laptop were both B-stock. This is risky business so I have some personal caveats to minimize risk: 1. Unit is exactly what I wa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to structure an improvisation? by dmd @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

You have to know the chord progression of the music you are working with.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: GoPro for Piano Recording by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Can you run Audacity or anything like that on an iPad? Does it interface with Focusrite boxes? To do justice to a flute, violin, and piano, that's the direction you'd end up going eventually. If not, it may be a step in the wrong direction.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By BellicapelliConcerning the touch sensitivity / sample behaviour, i monitored this thread and upon your last post, i even checked a few pages backwards, and didn't spot any prior statement. Did i miss something? No I don't bel
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Hamilton--1985-86...just purchased by martin snow @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

We bought 30 Baldwin Hamiltons along with 30 Baldwin grands in 1985 for the practice rooms at Boston University School of Music, I was there then and I'm still there now as head piano tech.! Our Hamilton's were the oak ( cheapest finish) cabinet b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts How to structure an improvisation? by hyena @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

I know how to improvise. I find it quite easy. Though, that's because I do it without a plan. My improvisations don't have any structure, they don't create a 'whole' or so to speak. How do I structure an improvisation? For example, I heard Mozart im
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Back to School - at 62? by Sam S @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By blackjack1777 Your random timer idea sounds interesting and I could definitely use some help with public performance and memory slips...what app or product are you using to generate the random alarm? It's called "Random Ti
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by emenelton @ Yesterday at 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By jjoEmenelton: can you explain what you mean? Just before the turnaround the Eb7 is used in a pretty standard I-IV movement. How does that help explain its presence in the turnaround? This chart: http://www.guitarcats.co
Piano Forum
Keep in mind that in the U.S. they don't realize that the unit of weight they use is actually the 'short ton', which they have shortened to 'ton'. The 'long ton' was used in England and now, every country in the world except for Burma, Liberia and t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Back to School - at 62? by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

Sam congrats on finishing your first semester. It sounds like a ton of work! Your random timer idea sounds interesting and I could definitely use some help with public performance and memory slips...what app or product are you using to generate the
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by Palbroman @ Yesterday at 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaOriginally Posted By PalbromanHey people, new member here. I took delivery of a new ES8 today and the plastic lcd-display has a good amount of scratches and nicks on it. Is this normal? Should there be a thin protec
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pomodoro technique for pianists by prout @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By RealPlayerI assumed that properly holding a pomodoro will teach you correct finger curvature. I think it is a liitle too large, so it might cause tension, though it would be great as a timer for the sauce.
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 11 12 13
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help me!
by willo
12/08/16 05:03 PM
Sibelius's piano music
by Verbum mirabilis
12/08/16 04:32 PM
Tiny hands
by clarikeys
12/08/16 01:42 PM
R.I.P. - Greg Lake
by PianoManChuck
12/08/16 11:52 AM
Has anyone ever tried to use Piano For All on Kindle Fire?
by BillTheSlink
12/08/16 11:50 AM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,816 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,872 Topics
2,577,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission