Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
123 registered (ando, accordeur, ajames, 36251, Akuden, 32 invisible), 1593 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The new VAX MIDI Keyboard Controller by doremi @ Today at 01:56 AM

It may not be difficult to make the modular controllers stackable http://orladirect.co.uk/jamkey/ It would open up additional market segments.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano technique by chopin_r_us @ Today at 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: TheHappyPianoMuseOriginally Posted By: chopin_r_usLaissez tomber les mains. Maybe it's just the French .... but you said in "quatre mots" .... everything I struggled with in hundreds. Chopin actually.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diversity in Music Education by Norbert @ Today at 01:54 AM

Turondot: I admire you for your zest battling the battles you do. Except they leave most of us here somewhat detached and..er..bored! Now, what was it again yer were trying to say in your last post? Norbert
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Just Alan @ Today at 01:50 AM

Thanks Sean, I've been reading the discussions on this forum about the v1.10 software update. It seems that there are some very advanced users who have come up with a few problems, and who are thinking of going back to v1.05. I understood that v1.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 2001 or 2002 Estonia asking 8k? by overeat @ Today at 01:37 AM

Saw it from Craigslist, and scheduled to see it next weekend. Was assuming, it's a great price, due to the age, but read some posts regarding the new improvement for newer Estonia. Is the cheaper price due to the older design? And is it still a good
Piano Teachers Forum
I think MissBelle's deposit concept are similar to gym's first and last month fee. In my opinion, not a "registration" fee. Many teachers collect registration fee every September when school start, but I think MissBelle's deposit is not col
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by outo @ Today at 01:29 AM

25.1.2015: I've been working on the same things every day this week... Schumann: Still trying to memorize...can play through but get stuck on trying to read the complicated parts Scarlatti: Mostly practicing the difficult part on the first page and m
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin Dilemma by carey @ Today at 01:10 AM

FYI - There's a M&H 2003 BB listed for $23K (reduced from $25K) by a dealer in Tarzana, California (you can find the ad on Ebay). $23K is an exceptional price for a 12 year old BB - assuming it's in good condition. Every piano has a personalit
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to make my baby grand piano sound better? by rysowers @ Today at 01:06 AM

EllieYama, I know exactly what you are saying about being "in a different sound zone" while sitting at the piano. I also prefer how a piano sounds out in the room instead of at the bench. Removing the music desk helps bring sound closer to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diversity in Music Education by turandot @ Today at 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: NorbertQuote:I cited two examples, each very different. Are you suggesting that Curtis Institute and/or Middle Tennessee State University made their decisions with the wrong motivation? No, because I don't know what their 'moti
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another new student by Steve617 @ Today at 12:54 AM

thanks all for the info. Im very excited to start playing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin Dilemma by carey @ Today at 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: andoIf you like it that much, maybe you should run the idea of a trade-in by your dealer? Sure you'll make a loss, but it might be an acceptable loss. The fact that you've had work done on your C7 means the dealer won't have to
Jump to new posts Re: 4 Hz Pitch Raise in One Pass! by Gadzar @ Today at 12:49 AM

The quickest and closest to "turn all the tuning pins at the same time" is a silent pitch raise in which you sound and tune only one string per note and the second and third strings are just pulled up or down by estimation without sounding
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A nice thought by PhilipInChina @ Today at 12:49 AM

I don't know a thing about condition. Being a Hamburger there is obviously potential there!
Piano Teachers Forum
Sounds like what missbelle calls a deposit is what other teachers might call a registration fee.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A nice thought by Spuds @ Today at 12:36 AM

As Mahler once said, "If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music." So, the piano designer is telling us what exactly with this design? That piano is quite something, and someone will lo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A nice thought by PhilipInChina @ Today at 12:35 AM

I am buying for a different dynamic from most of you. I can't say it appeals to me but might well appeal to some clients! I am not going to make an offer but if I did I would put that one in the music room and move the B into the ballroom. That one w
Adult Beginners Forum
Only ONE best thing? Where to start?! The very first which comes to mind is finding out that there are companies out there that will spiral bind your music albums. Thank you to whoever recommended it; I've now had all of mine done. I'd never have th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Hailun or old Yamaha? by Udi Eshel @ Today at 12:33 AM

Thank you all for your replies. Originally Posted By: JohnSprung The old Yamahas were better when they left the factory. But after 15 years, the wear, repair, and history of the individual instrument trumps everything else. (The 15 year old C2 tha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM Show 2015 - See You There? by Piano World @ Today at 12:32 AM

Always great to see you Don. We will be back tomorrow to play some pianos
Jump to new posts Re: 4 Hz Pitch Raise in One Pass! by Dave B @ Today at 12:28 AM

I have experimented with different approaches and combinations of approaches to pitch raises over the years and the only true constant I have observed is 'the faster the better' regardless of which sequence is used. It would be great if we could tu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Stubbie @ Today at 12:23 AM

This week the focus is on trills and playing without tension in my left hand. Mozart K.545. I started this last week with measures 1-28, without doing the trills and mostly focusing on getting the notes under my fingers. This week I've added the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A nice thought by harpon @ Today at 12:22 AM

I LOVE it! of course you'd need a proper pumpadour powdered wig to complete the look while playing it. Philliiiip!
Jump to new posts Re: Stevie Wonder at NAMM by Dave Weiser @ Today at 12:05 AM

Excellent!
Jump to new posts Re: Cheaper Alternative to Protek CLP? by phacke @ Today at 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: rysowers There are many solvents that can have a temporary effect on verdigris, but I wonder if any solvent based solution can last. The Xylene should eventually completely evaporate out, but all the crud will still be in the pa
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What are the pros for strip muting?
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
01/25/15 07:27 PM
Schirmer Piano Company
by Steve617
01/25/15 06:26 PM
Aeolian M&H BB
by nwpiano
01/25/15 05:42 PM
Technical/sight reading question
by readmyscore
01/25/15 03:57 PM
Steinway Player
by Steve617
01/25/15 01:49 PM
Forum Stats
77836 Members
42 Forums
160919 Topics
2364024 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission