Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (AndyP, accordeur, Anita Potter, aceydawg, A Guy, 31 invisible), 1435 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lessons learned from taking piano lessons as an adult by Tom Christian @ Today at 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By: leelYou bet it's never too late--I started at 79, never having had any music instruction EVER.Having started playing piano at a youthful 67, and with years of clarinet playing behind me (far behind, like from the Pleistocene), I
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by Brometeo @ Today at 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: AndyJoe A more serious problem I have experienced is that it is very difficult to play very softly - a problem I think others have eluded to on forums. I have played Kawai CA95 for many months now after owning a CA93. When I pu
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
harpon, the troll is attempting to take swings at other people, and you're choosing to take the hit. What the troll does not know first-hand, the troll does not know--hence all the bashing with nothing being said. Trolls are very slow witted creature
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: HakkiOriginally Posted By: gooddogOriginally Posted By: HakkiOriginally Posted By: gooddogInteresting story, Hakki, but I still am trying to understand how my teacher gets so many different tones when he plays. Yes, the hammers
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: gooddogOriginally Posted By: HakkiOriginally Posted By: gooddogInteresting story, Hakki, but I still am trying to understand how my teacher gets so many different tones when he plays. Yes, the hammers strike the strings, but how
Piano Forum
I have to say that the only response to the salesman is that the M has been consistently and invariably mediocre, an instrument that has, from my perspective, virtually nothing to recommend it. Karl Watson, Staten Island, NY
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: HakkiOriginally Posted By: gooddogInteresting story, Hakki, but I still am trying to understand how my teacher gets so many different tones when he plays. Yes, the hammers strike the strings, but how the heck can he get this per
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by Pover @ Today at 10:08 AM

Wow.. Just as I was about to congratulate Mark, I read Louis' comment. In short, you're pathetic, Louis. Mark probably declared "he wasn't a pianist" because he was too humble to categorize himself with the world-level pros. It's understan
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts HAPPY THANKSGIVING by musdan @ Today at 10:07 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Piano World friends. Enjoy the day with family and friends and play a happy tune or two.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does a dealer have to reveal? by terminaldegree @ Today at 10:04 AM

No.
Piano Forum
It's helpful to hear the RPT, teacher, and musician perspectives. My takeaways: play both pianos a lot more, maybe set up camp at the dealers. This is THE serious upgrade, my piano for life, not anyone else's. While I'd love to be rearranging the
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: gooddogInteresting story, Hakki, but I still am trying to understand how my teacher gets so many different tones when he plays. Yes, the hammers strike the strings, but how the heck can he get this percussion instrument to sound
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you play for? by Jytte @ Today at 09:59 AM

Amen! Well put.
Pianist Corner
Interesting story, Hakki, but I still am trying to understand how my teacher gets so many different tones when he plays. Yes, the hammers strike the strings, but how the heck can he get this percussion instrument to sound like weeping, like a cello,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trade Regrets - Barry "Bear" Arnaut by Plowboy @ Today at 09:53 AM

RIP. He seemed a friendly bear here on the forum.
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone got any thoughts on the Yamaha Motif XF8? by anotherscott @ Today at 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Vijay '82My biggest concern is the weight of the keys. The main thing is, I don't want to spend 3,000+ on a glorified PSR. If I'm not mistaken, the XF6 and XF7 have light plastic keys - like the Casio CTK-601 that I'm using at
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mark your calendars! by leel @ Today at 09:51 AM

For those of us not in the know--what channel is this on?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you play for? by neuralfirings @ Today at 09:45 AM

I thought about this while practicing last night. There was a similar question in another forum recently. So you know when you watch a movie, I mean a really good movie, it takes you on an emotional rollercoaster. You're happy, shocked, tense, sad,
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by LFYM @ Today at 09:44 AM

They definitely sound different but... Oh well, thought I should give a different brand a chance. I'll certainly let you all know what I'll get. The CFX certainly seems like a good choice. It has a very nice sound indeed. Dont know if you can downlo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by Steve Chandler @ Today at 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Louis PodestaAs a classically trained pianist/scientific empiricist philosopher, I have waited (in regards this website, and its associated vilification of my thesis) for this very day. And, I knew that one day it would come.
Jump to new posts Re: questions about tuning the top octave by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 09:40 AM

Bill, please!... You are cracking me up! When I lived in Worcester, Mass, there was one beautiful late spring, early summer day that my wife, toddler son, and I were spending at Elm Park. From across the pond, at the far end of the park, in a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you play for? by Farmerjones @ Today at 09:32 AM

Well, a piano has a unique voice compared to the rest of the instruments I play. It fills a void. A fellow can get muddled in all the "glass" and "Rhodes" voices one can get from a modern DP. I often come back to the "grand&q
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ask Santa for piano music? by Cobra1365 @ Today at 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: scorpioIn the past I have asked for gift certificates for sheet music. I have much fun buying throughout the year. And I get what I want as my needs and desires change (not that I have many needs for sheet music as an early le
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with mothergoosetools.com website by Grandpianoman @ Today at 09:31 AM

Just tried it from my laptop...not a problem here, and it ususally warns me of with "WOT" warnings...(Web of Trust app). Perhaps it's been 'fixed'.
Jump to new posts Re: Nonflammable action lubricant by bellspiano @ Today at 09:29 AM

Dear friends, please be careful! I speak to you as a ex-professor of chemistry and as an RN. Too many articles in the American Chemical Society magazine these days about serious injuries from open flames and ordinary-sounding liquids. We now return y
Page 13 of 18 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Avantgrand N1 manufacturing date
by farain
36 minutes 32 seconds ago
Is it really possible to ignore fingerings?
by bjorn of brekkukot
Today at 08:29 PM
Recording equipment advice
by aceydawg
Today at 07:48 PM
Whip those springs into shape
by A454.7
Today at 06:29 PM
New Yamaha CLP-545 or used CLP-270/280 ???
by Panpiano
Today at 06:28 PM
Forum Stats
77064 Members
42 Forums
159384 Topics
2341295 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission