Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
161 registered (AllanH, accordeur, 36251, acortot, 37 invisible), 1566 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
If there were mistakes in there, I sure couldn't hear them - I thought it was great! I'd be over the moon if I could play Scott Joplin like that!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time Signature Question by joyoussong @ Today at 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By Brian Lucas True of any time signature. The 1 will always be the strongest beat. Not always! Syncopation has the "[a]ccent on 2nd and 4th beat of a measure instead of the usual accent/stress on the 1st and 2nd beat. Als
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano VST buyer-advice please! by Alexander Borro @ Today at 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By rnapleWhen you go to the pianoteq website. At the top is "community". It brings open forums and a "FXP Corner". Go to the FXP corner. It's part of the forums. That is a place people upload recordings with pres
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different action in piano by Zeno Wood @ Today at 10:29 AM

Good luck!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Greener ... I had another listen last evening of what I had received and posted in this cycle. Now also, the original and the final. I had altered (mistakenly) one of the quarter notes in ending phrase to a dotted eighth. Oddly
Jump to new posts Re: Can someone tell me if the piano will fit? by Zeno Wood @ Today at 10:27 AM

Still kind of hard to say. How about you take some cardboard boxes and make an object that matches your piano's dimensions, and then see if you can get it through the staircase.
Jump to new posts Re: Line-outs by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 10:26 AM

Excellent choice. Perfect for the amateur, semi pro, and pro even looking for light weight, a good action and bread and butter sound set with 256 note polyphony. It also has the 1/4" unbalanced outputs you desire. And, just because they could
Pianist Corner
I think the huge majority of her fans don't care about her recent activities and, despite some wanting her career to be over, nothing like that will happen.
Piano Forum
Dear Hakki: Thanks so much. I list a order listing,can you check it for me? 1.one Zoom Q8 2.two Roder NT5 3.two microphone connect lines(i don't know that kind to buy?) 4.two mic booms Do i miss something?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by toyboy @ Today at 10:13 AM

OK, would someone with more knowledge of the history of pianos than me (i.e. just about everyone on this forum) help me with this? I've been reading posts saying things like how the antique straight string piano they have played has such a clear tone
Jump to new posts Re: Line-outs by Cue Zephyr @ Today at 10:12 AM

My budget is pretty much one grand right now. Home use but I have pretty good monitor speakers (KRK RP6 G2). I've got my eyes on the Privia Pro PX-5S as we speak.
Originally Posted By WithindaleOriginally Posted By kennyzThe only real problem may be in with your tuning lever. A quality one is not particularly cheap, but a must for you to truly feel the movement of the pin. The cost of a good lever can be as mu
Jump to new posts Re: Line-outs by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 10:04 AM

Are you looking for a console style digital piano (amp, speakers, stand, pedals all built in) or a stage piano (slab - you'll be traveling with it and will use an amplifier, connect pedals, place it on a stand, etc.). That's the first question to an
Jump to new posts Re: More String Leveling Fun by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 10:03 AM

Talcum (dusting) will prevent sweat from rusting the strings. I couldn't find a picture of the string lifter in Reblitz. Maybe I didn't learn about it there. Here is a picture of mine, made from a bass string:
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts String lifter by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 10:01 AM

String lifter
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Grand Model R questions by Rickster @ Today at 10:01 AM

Congratulations on your new-to-you Baldwin L! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Rick
Pianist Corner
Well... judging from her public letter to Holloway, I'd think that she's not ready to give up speaking SO bloody much! Certainly her career is not over, but I'm not sure who will be able to trust her anymore...
Originally Posted By kennyzThe only real problem may be in with your tuning lever. A quality one is not particularly cheap, but a must for you to truly feel the movement of the pin. The cost of a good lever can be as much as a professional tuning. G
Jump to new posts Re: Great tuning but did not last by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 09:48 AM

I believe the OP stated that the piano was tuned many times with no problem and just recently did not stay. The comment of the gentle push may refer to "settling the pin down in the hole" as one tech explained to me. NSL analysis shows cl
Jump to new posts Re: Different action in piano by bellspiano @ Today at 09:47 AM

BDB and Dave, I agree with you. The OP tends to do first, ask advice second -- not a good situation for me to pay attention to --
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by acortot @ Today at 09:45 AM

the difference with a Steinway wouldn't be one of tone so much as one of color in the different registers.. as you can see in the pics, a straight strung piano has the bass bridge right beside the spine of the piano so it is not free to vibrate like
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Follow-up on the Ukrainian satirist's Toronto concerts by Shabbat Shalom @ Today at 09:40 AM

I doubt her career is over, but keeping your mouth shut goes a long way in preserving one.
Give it a try, as David said you can use the trial version of tune lab for a start. It will make you pause after tuning a few notes but then will continue, this does add time, but for just doing a few notes it's tolerable. I would also encoura
Jump to new posts Re: Line-outs by Cue Zephyr @ Today at 09:38 AM

Looking at the Casio Privia models, either no line-outs or unbalanced line-outs appear to be the only option. The only other model I saw having line-outs is the Yamaha P-115.
Pianist Corner
I had a discussion about VL today morning (A few hours ago, for those who are not in Europe... heh), and my sentiments haven't changed. She's paying the price... That's what you get when you do what she did. Thanks for bringing it to me (our) atten
Page 13 of 23 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
"Tone" and "balance"
by qazsedcft
05/27/15 05:38 PM
Which Beethoven sonata has this rhythm?
by JoelW
05/27/15 02:56 PM
Shipping a concert grand by air cargo...How do they do that?
by Piano Practice
05/27/15 02:51 PM
A pianist's 'touch' affects sustained tone - NOT!
by prout
05/27/15 01:40 PM
Will Steinway really pay me to downgrade my Bösendorfer?
by Thrill Science
05/27/15 01:36 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,439 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,383 Topics
2,411,345 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission