Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
83 registered (36251, augustm, beeboss, ando, Abby Pianoman, 20 invisible), 951 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Dave Frank - jazz teaching with humor by Hidden son of Teddy Wilson @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

Fats Waller, Erroll Garner, Dizzy Gillespie, Nat King Cole (at the piano), Slim Gaillard ?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sound difference? by Maths @ Yesterday at 10:09 AM

Yes, OneWatt, you're right, by sharp I meant bright. By the way, I can't find the EQ function on my piano. I checked out all the functions but can't find this one; what does EQ stand for, though? Also, my manual says that I should use stereo headpho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by jotur @ Yesterday at 10:08 AM

PianoStudent88 - as far as I can tell, and IMO, you can make those decisions yourself. I don't see hard and fast rules here - what I see is an idea to help spur us to play more pieces so that we're not stuck on 5 or 6 hard pieces in a year. A way f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM

sinophilia that was lovely. More than I can do on this keyboard of mine well done. I can't look at sheet music and play since I stare at my hands a lot. I might pick a short, easy piece and try to do that or attempt it at least. PianoStudent88 th
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to know you're not damaging tuning pins? by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTEd says he uses the flex, BDB says you should not pull up or push down on the pin. Who's right? Greetings, The definition is in the details. I did use the word "slight". The amount of lateral s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Help on repeats and double bars... by Kawai Player @ Yesterday at 09:53 AM

Hi, I am not sure what to do if a piece has the following.... (its 'little brown jug' p119 of Alfreds Adult all in one) It has a double bar half way through and at the end it has a Repeat indication. Do you repeat from the beginning as normal or onl
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't DPs have more historical keyboard sounds? by MossySF @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

I've seen way higher SSD failure rates than 1.5%. For a while, every one of our Linux servers used SSDs for the boot drive but half of those have died already on nearly no disk writes (e.g. boot-up only reads). Since then, we've gone back to using
Jump to new posts Re: Inexperienced pianists by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

Finally someone has developed photoshop for video!!! ;-) Seriously, that kid is possessed. In a good way of course.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 09:46 AM

I'd like to join in. Do I prorate to 30, or shall I aim for 40? What about pieces that I've read through a few times before, but not concentrated on really learning -- can I use them if I take time to really learn them now? I need to inventory wha
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By BDBI have not been able to understand what this whole topic is supposed to be about, and Mark's explanations just make it worse. All I hear in the recordings are notes which are more or less tuned. Hi BDB, I'll give it a go,
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by R_B @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

I can remember "tests" from the early 80s that "fooled" music students, teachers, professors of music, etc. on SOUND alone. I really don't expect many PLAYERS to be "fooled" by keyboards set up with curtains in front of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Computerized Piano Exercises? by Vadomorbido @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

Hallo, I started with Alfred. Good method but no immediate feedback. Now I'm using Piano Marvel since 3 mounths. Very interesting and exciting. No, boring, very progressive. I play on Kaway CA15 and I'm on it every free moment (my wife hates it),
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by MossySF @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

I've got the opposite problem. I work mostly from home so I'm always looking to finish individual projects/requests faster to hit the keys (or my skates).
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kinds of recital programs by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

I'm a great fan of the "theme" recital. For example, when I participated in the Boston Amateur Competition in 2005, I programmed the three rounds entirely on composers based in New England. If the Chicago Amateur Competition is held in 201
Jump to new posts Re: How to know you're not damaging tuning pins? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Ed says he uses the flex, BDB says you should not pull up or push down on the pin. Who's right?
There are two modes split & pianist mode. The first recognizes chords played in the left hand. The second ascertains the chord across the whole keyboard. Its not always correct if you are playing straight melody against a baseline. So most improv
Jump to new posts Re: Finally upgraded: Roland FP4 to Roland RD800 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By suniilMorodiene and Marko: She plays only Acoustic gigs, most of the venues are reluctant to use Stereo setup and Sound engineers tend to ignore my request as she is still not a major artist. At home we have Adam A3x studio m
Jump to new posts Re: Setting an aural stretch to an ETD by Bob @ Yesterday at 09:15 AM

The problem I have with tuning all the "A" notes by ear is that I can't do that without using other notes as a reference. In other words, when tuning by ear, the stretch develops as I tune the piano. Stretch is not pre conceived. Even roo
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By TonyB Ok thanks. It was certainly a fair question. There are a number of Youtube performances of concert pianists playing the V-Grand. However, much as I like the V-Grand, I have never considered a Youtube performance to be in
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Thanks again, Andy. I had also posted the Righini variations with score on youtube with some commentary, in case you're interested. (link here) The date I find for the Sussmayr variations is 1799. I agree that these early pieces have elements of
Jump to new posts Re: Setting an aural stretch to an ETD by RonTuner @ Yesterday at 09:06 AM

Tunelab isn't set up to use that additional data to change the calculation in the way you might hope... It still forces a smooth(ish) curve onto a single partial(of the technician's choice) based on the projected interval match for each section (als
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By Ben BouleI would say I do regret not spending more. My first time around (2000) I purchased a Yamaha P80. I thought it was great stuff but I constantly had trouble at lessons with dynamics and I had a hard time working around i
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by TonyB @ Yesterday at 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By dire tonic The question was for Bellicapelli. The series of 'is it real enough' threads asked specifically if the *Youtube* performances would convince their audience. Ok thanks. It was certainly a fair question. There are a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Themed Recital Discussion Thread by peterws @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

60 Barbaram 68 26 Unusual rhythm! Flowed superbly and voiced nicely Lovely playing, you made it sound easy. 61 Torquanlae Allessandra 68 28 Your piano still sounded good and fit for purposeThis doesn`t sound that sad, but has a normal nostalgic
Jump to new posts Re: Setting an aural stretch to an ETD by prout @ Yesterday at 08:57 AM

It is possible to measure and put into the Tunelab file memory the inharmonicity of every note on the piano. I believe this will give you the most accurate stretch that Tunelab can offer.
Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best and worst to work on?
by PhilipInChina
03/28/15 06:26 AM
New Kawai CA97: first impression and some problems
by Brometeo
03/28/15 05:34 AM
Used Transcribe to Slow Rick Wakeman's intro to "Awaken"
by pianoman9
03/28/15 01:31 AM
Musicality of a piece
by piano_friend
03/27/15 07:44 PM
Petrof new grands - overpriced?
by Piano_Brazil
03/27/15 07:07 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,673 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,764 Topics
2,389,271 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission