Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
58 registered (casinitaly, AndrewJCW, Batuhan, beeboss, barnaby, 15 invisible), 919 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLEYEL piano, any comment by trandinhnamanh @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By acortot Modern Pleyels should be therefore evaluated simply on the sound and not because of their 'heritage' in my opinion, since they sound little like the real Pleyel factory pianos, which basically didn't survive the world war
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By anotherscott And although I haven't tried the combination personally, triggering Pianoteq from the Casio will add the technical advantages of high resolution MIDI velocity and the third sensor. If you don't mind me asking or bu
Adult Beginners Forum
This thread is cute. Something funny. How we call this composer in Spanish: Serguéi Rajmáninov And also Sergey o Serge, y Rachmaninov, Rachmaninow, Rahmaninov, Rahmanyinov o Rakhmaninov, Rakhmaninoff o Rachmaninoff.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Humans Need Not Apply by Tunewerk @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By wouter79Ok maybe I missed it, but I saw just a lot of common knowledge and did not see any message in that video except the oneliner I just gave. Completely true that it can be summarized that way I guess.. but the thinking forw
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left/Right hand independence by grace_note @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Hi lionus, I remember learning Blow the Man Down HT because the LH helped keep the RH on beat in that song. I don't think that fosters good hand independence, because when you (well, me) learn HT I tend to play each hand at the same volume, when ac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by Rickster @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By FurtwanglerModerators: I think this one has about run its course - don't you? I agree. There's a difference between healthy debate and "in-your-face" finger pointing. Time to move on... Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 10:20 AM

Thank you!
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by RonTuner @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Ryan, interesting developments... I have been uncomfortable for the longest time with the way that the PTG/RPT is used to offer an economic advantage to tested, paying members.(when so few of working technicians in the country are members.) I joined
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Traditional One Month To Recital Thread by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 10:17 AM

Very good advice Richard! I agree that recording during the learning process and not just at the end is very valuable. Also, slightly slowing down the tempo to record or perform is something I am very conscious of doing in order to relax. With that
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Another video of a Chopin-period Pleyel by acortot @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

This one is played better than the previous ones I posted months ago and it's played by a pianist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWKl6e5BU8s recorded with a handheld Tascam recorder
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLEYEL piano, any comment by acortot @ Yesterday at 10:05 AM

Just a few words about Pleyel pianos and their history. It is not odd for for a french piano to sound dark and soft (round), as they were much softer-sounding and sweet than today's pianos. Debussy et al played on pianos that had a soft and dark so
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by Furtwangler @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

Moderators: I think this one has about run its course - don't you?
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2016 by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:56 AM

Appreciated.
Jump to new posts Re: Waterproof piano update by Chuck Behm @ Yesterday at 09:56 AM

Thanks, Cy. We made a dozen specific modifications on the piano, but it's all experimental at this stage. Weatherproofing and security from tampering we our two concerns. We will evaluate at the end of the summer season when the piano is returned to
Jump to new posts Re: Progressive Beat Speeds Tuned Aurally in One Pass! by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By pyropaulOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By pyropaulOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By pyropaulOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTWay too much hostility here. I think some of y
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio WK 7600 CTK 7200 by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By BachusOriginally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By BachusOr they buy a Casio PX that hs the same technollogy build in.. Actually, the PX is very different from these boards. Just have a look at the px560 it has the
Jump to new posts Re: Progressive Beat Speeds Tuned Aurally in One Pass! by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By Chris StorchMark, Imagine you're a beginning piano tuning student trying to learn temperament. You experience the frustration of trying to hear beats in an octave, a fourth, a fifth, and thirds and sixths. The frustration of j
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teachers in Houston, Tx? by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

That's the advice I'm given by my Chinese friends. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by jotur @ Yesterday at 09:35 AM

Happy (belated) birthday, casinitaly!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left/Right hand independence by Albunea @ Yesterday at 09:27 AM

Andrew, you need to get some stability on your keyboard! I'd think all that movement is hindering your practice. That little blues would be a challenge for me. Looks like fun.
Jump to new posts Re: Progressive Beat Speeds Tuned Aurally in One Pass! by pyropaul @ Yesterday at 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By pyropaulOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By pyropaulOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTWay too much hostility here. I think some of you need to reread the forum r
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By DoelKees Let me try to guess how to proceed, finally, after setting the contiguous M3's F3A3C#4F4A4. I'll try first for my own piano which has F3G#3=C4E4. Next I would tune F#3, making F#3A3 = C#4F4. Then A#3 making A#3C#4=F4A4
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:Norbert, Estonia aren't Fazioli either... great pianos for the money, incredible value, but I'd still take a Fazioli or the usual German / Austrian group That's funny: we just had a customer considering a larger Fazi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left/Right hand independence by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By lionusim on a waltz called Blow the man down on the Alfreds book: If it's of any help I covered this piece/issue here: Blow the Man Down
Jump to new posts Re: Humans Need Not Apply by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 09:14 AM

Piano tuning Unit #573324 here...Trans android...I realized I really identified with my android self...I believe its called "android identification" these days...we androids don't worry about gender identification...hope that doesn't hurt a
Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Does a responsive touch mean more resistance at the bottom?
by DeadPoets
07/31/15 04:10 AM
Teaching Friends' Kids
by AZNpiano
07/31/15 03:57 AM
What These Markings Indicate?
by Batuhan
07/31/15 01:43 AM
visited Pianoworks this week
by terminaldegree
07/31/15 12:07 AM
Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older!
by Musicdude
07/30/15 10:42 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,201 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,880 Topics
2,431,525 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission