Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Two Snowflakes, does this mean you've switched teachers permanently?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you cope? by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 11:29 AM

I've not lost anyone too significant yet, but it's bound to happen in the near future unfortunately. I do have a bit of an issue though, since I composed a (great, imo) work for solo piano for my dad and my dad in law, since both of them seem to be
Piano Teachers Forum
Well, the OP has been here 6 years and made 280 posts, all but a handful within the past year, all but a handfull on the Piano Tuner and Technicians forum. So he's not really a stranger, just not a prolific poster on this forum. The topic is not wi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 11:27 AM

This is my overall impression aside from the keys that sound "dead" or "twangy." It sounds like a rebuilt "old" piano. Does that make sense? Is that possible that a completely rebuilt piano could still sound old?
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: KorbenDallasQuote:...the rebuilder advised no tuning was needed after the move. I disagree. It really sounds out of tune. I also notice after playing for an hour, that a full octave in the bass has begun clicking when those keys
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stumbled across this today - Hiromi by pianolearnerstride @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Amazing player, and I really like the music she composes. She mixes up a lot of things... jazz, fusion, prog rock, classical.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: paraphrased ShiroKuro Also, I would like to gently remind everyone that the ABF Recitals would not have gotten off the ground were it not for the hard work, dedication, and participation of numerous members. The ABF Recitals d
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: KorbenDallasOriginally Posted By: chasingrainbows...they installed a new Alaskan sitka spruce soundboard and bridge caps, new Renner Steinway action and Renner blue hammers, new strings, tuning pins, pin block, agraffes, key bus
Piano Teachers Forum
Just a small observation. The person who asked for help has not been back, and has not responded to a single post in this thread since opening it. Shall we perhaps wait for such a response?
Thanks for the clarification, Isaac. Our counting methods are the same. 3.5 to 4.5 swings seems quite tight to me (but I'm always eager to learn or be corrected), and this had prompted me to ask about the counting method.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Eric Harrison @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

Thanks so much fellas for the feedback. Actually, I've already purchased the MP7 from an online dealer that we've bought our last MP6 from. We've just been waiting for a month for delivery. I could have purchased the MP6 and received it in a matter o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Sight-reading books or resources for a beginner? by Giancarlo Robles @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

I have been taking classes for five months now and would like to start developing sight-reading skills as part of my normal practice schedule. However, I am unsure of what book or resource to begin using. I'd like for something that begins simple and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a real Steinway? by Carbonblob @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

Hi, I saw the same thing BDB saw. It's hard to tell but the profile above the cheek block differs too. Could be the picture though. They sure look alike though.
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by joflah @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Frédéric L About adapters, one problem is that many adapter are made to plug a keyboard to a PC (USB host), but adapters to plug a keyboard to a module (USB device) are more rare. The USB-to-MIDI adapter I have, and those I s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arghhh!!! by musiccr8r @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

but it gets really fun with aging eyes, when naturals start to look an awful lot like sharps (and, of course, vice versa). Oh dear heavens, jdw, don't get me started on aging eyes. And why editors of acapella music choose to print the piano reduc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Typical % markup on price dealer pays for a piano by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

Mark up on manufacturing cost has so many imponderables it is not as simple as it might seem. For example are you talking about the mark up on the marginal cost (probably fairly big) or the mark up on full absorption cost (frankly I am amazed how che
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 40 year old self-taught in love with Bach - What to do? by David Farley @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By: TimROriginally Posted By: Doritos Flavoured you want to play only Bach? ok, then why not begin with material he himself wrote for instruction of his own kids? Little preludes, minuets, 2-part inventions, etc... Off topic, b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody know roughly the age of this Bosendorfer 200 by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:27 AM

I would have said that that is a decent price for a Bosendorfer. Also there are plenty a LOT older than that still doing yeoman service.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

The reason this topic comes up again and again is because not everyone sees it in the same way. I think that's worth repeating, and thinking about for a minute. People have different opinions about what's acceptable and what's not. Discussions work b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Typical % markup on price dealer pays for a piano by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 10:24 AM

It's generally been said that the dealer cost of a piano is ABOUT half of what a customer pays. What is the typical manufacturer cost to build a piano compared to what the dealer's wholesale cost is? I realize that this can vary based on many facto
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you cope? by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: SteveChandlerI got quite good at putting one foot in front of the other and gradually my viewpoint changed. Originally Posted By: Like2Play"It's just one foot in front of the other until we're out of here. That's the only
I am NOT up to date with all this, but if you go the software route with a GOOD keyboard, e.g. Kawai VPC there are a couple of things to bear in mind a) The "open" architecture allows updates/upgrades over time as technology follows Moore's
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 with IOS device by Jdjeb @ Yesterday at 10:09 AM

Hi, Dose anyone know if the ipad/iphone now works with the ac adapter or do you still need a powered hub? Also if it dose need a hub dose it need to be powered? Cheers Jon
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some Questions About "Piano Magic" by dmd @ Yesterday at 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: newbertOriginally Posted By: RerunOriginally Posted By: newbertI'm an adult beginner who has taken up piano after a 45 year lapse. As a child I had a few years of formal piano instruction, which taught me to read music and play
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Sam4 Hi felaas James's site is now working again and I've found out that the Bosendorfer 200 is actually from 1974 or there about, jeez £25,000 is taking the rip there abit even if it does go up in value year on year, I certainl
Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Forster vs August Forster
by eazydyonizy
10/23/14 03:43 AM
Grigory Sokolov releases album
by wimpiano
10/23/14 03:11 AM
Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos
by brahms
10/23/14 02:54 AM
Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms.
by TwoSnowflakes
10/23/14 02:13 AM
Pianos of Downton Abbey
by Almaviva
10/22/14 11:58 PM
Who's Online
60 registered (Beemer, angga888, beet31425, 15 invisible), 1069 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76620 Members
42 Forums
158436 Topics
2326670 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission