Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to encourage practice by The Monkeys @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Colin ThomsonJust some thoughts: Giving children a bit of responsibility in their time management can go a long way. One idea is to basically have a 1:1 minutes practice time with screen time. Or perhaps something like minutes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert 4-hands by frida11 @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestions; I'll check them out.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by A443 @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTHakki seems to be implying that any formal or paid education is not needed because the internet is full of free resources. I think we have successfully shot done that argument. No, but the internet is changing
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Michael SayersOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveWhat kind of piano is that? It has quite a sound It is a Hamburg Steinway. The "Alfonsi" might be the name of a dealer or a rental agent. To me it sounds as though the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Much Can I Sell My Kawai KG-3C? by Rich D. @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

Tune the piano before putting it up for sale. Folks advertising pianos that have not been tuned raise a red flag in my book. A lot of folks looking for a small grand will automatically cross it off their list when they read that. Rich
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Sushi Hammer @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

Just a quick update: Shipment of my F-103R is delayed. I'm hoping to get it early next week.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by slipperykeys @ Yesterday at 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: GWILLYCanadian accent? Peter Jennings John Candy Jim Carrey Mike Myers Justin Beiber... Ally G... Should I go on? Go on? Aboot what?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano? by Troy 125 @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

Would one of these work? http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-1403-Outle...t+socket+outlet
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: USD20000 for a grand piano. What are my choices? by Hornblower64 @ Yesterday at 01:30 PM

A restored piano often sounds like a new piano, particularly if the soundboard has been refinished; and it will be too expensive. My advice: -Find an unrestored piano. -I like Steinway As, Mason and Hamlins, some Baldwins, some Bluthners, some othe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: piccioneIs there any such thing as a portable power supply, battery outlet or something to make my digital piano more portable? Like if I wanted to bring mine down to the basement to practice where there is no AC outlet. I wou
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to encourage practice by Donzo @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

Thanks for the comments Colin and Chasing. Practice sessions have been a bit bumpy over the last 2 weeks - we've dropped back to 3 days a week. This is because the schedule is different on the weekend, so we've only been practicing on weekday's, b
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by petes1 @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Roland RD800 Questions about Sounds and Live Sets Regarding sounds #0007 NX Concert Grand and the several NX Piano sounds below, what does "NX" stand for? Is this in reference to the RD-700NX?#0019 St.Piano 1 through 5, what does "St.
You don't need the Steinway hammers, you simply need to match the mass (i.e., and the style of voicing). Take your M&H hammers, have them fully "lacquered," a small lead added to each moulding to match the uneven heavier Steinway hamme
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Verdi-Liszt Miserere, Giovanni Bellucci's magnifico interpre by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveWhat kind of piano is that? It has quite a sound It is a Hamburg Steinway. The "Alfonsi" might be the name of a dealer or a rental agent.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Drinking and drug addiction is rife in the classical... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Opus_MaximusI've taken them at different points in my life. They do tend to help (although it may partly be a placebo). Beta Blockers will lessen (Though not rid completely), the pounding heart and sweaty, shaky, hands. Xanax (w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by TrapperJohn @ Yesterday at 12:55 PM

37. SwissMS/Doris - Samba Lele - really delightful little piece and very well played - I remember Villa-Lobos from my days as a classical guitar player, although I can't remember if they were original guitar works or transcriptions from piano lieratu
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by A443 @ Yesterday at 12:55 PM

I find myself in general agreement with Johnkie. I too applaud the effort, but find the approach too "wordy." Remember, you are attempting to describe an aural event with words...why?!? Maybe words are making the learning process happen sl
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by Hakki @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT Hakki, why do you care about this? Is it because you got put down in that other thread. I had nothing to do with that. What other thread?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Bach Prelude and Fugue No. 21 BWV 866 in B flat Major by Rachmanny @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

Hope you all enjoy! I don't like the dynamics in the recording, they sound flat. Any suggestions? I recorded with the built in mic my canon DSLR has. Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJZ4Fl5zWWs
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinhoven... where's the discussion? by RealPlayer @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: RicksterMy pianos sound really good to me when I sit and play them; they sound ever better when I stand back and listen to someone else play them. Of course, I'm sure it has something to do with my playing ability as well, as
Pianist Corner
What kind of piano is that? It has quite a sound
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Drinking and drug addiction is rife in the classical... by Opus_Maximus @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

I've taken them at different points in my life. They do tend to help (although it may partly be a placebo). Beta Blockers will lessen (Though not rid completely), the pounding heart and sweaty, shaky, hands. Xanax (which I also tried once), actually
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: HakkiOriginally Posted By: Johnkie Personally, I would find it more useful if there was much more doing rather than so much talking. I sometimes wonder whether you are shooting yourself in the foot by being so passionate and w
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by Hakki @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT Hakki seems to be implying that any formal or paid education is not needed because the internet is full of free resources. I think we have successfully shot done that argument. In fact no, I don't imply suc
Hello, I am shopping for a grand piano of longer than 6 ft. I really like the sound of Steinway pianos however my limited budget is not sufficient for a purchase of a Steinway grand. I figured the closest piano that I can get to the Steinway is Maso
Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
101 registered (36251, Allard, Abby Pianoman, aesop, Alux, 19 invisible), 1236 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75898 Members
42 Forums
156858 Topics
2304801 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Do you use a method series to teach jazz? What series?
by Maechre
08/22/14 07:39 AM
Tuning my piano with an app
by johan d
08/22/14 03:14 AM
Tuning a piano
by johan d
08/22/14 02:14 AM
Yamaha CLP-430 or Roland RP-401?
by masterboy
08/22/14 01:22 AM
NY Steinway in Russia
by victor kam
08/22/14 12:38 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission