Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
112 registered (anotherscott, anamnesis, Auver, BB Player, Anita Potter, AZ_Astro, 30 invisible), 1528 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: Paul678Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: Paul678If you notice on Johnathan Baker's website, there are absolutely NO samples of his playing.Probably because he himself doesn
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Where is Mark C? by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

Drowned in his own post count?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Where is Mark C? by Hakki @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

No he is around.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

It's not actually about technical ability.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (updated pics) by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

I think that looks awesome. On the other hand, you can sort of create it yourself with a regular adjustable bench of that style and a foam wedge. I wonder if I would want that as a permanent thing. The reason why I think I like it in general is th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Where is Mark C? by ando @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

Sorry, didn't know where else to ask this, but I haven't seen Mark C on the forum for quite a while. Does anybody know the reason for this? I miss his contributions.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slipped and fell on ice today by Tom Christian @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: dynamobtI'll be paying better attention to what I'm doing from here on in. Better get started: there's another storm headed your way!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (updated! pics) by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Oh, I forgot to say you get the effect by blocking up the back legs of your stool by an inch. Another difference - horsesh*t doesn't come out of a piano (though that can depend on the player).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA95sb arrived by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

That looks like a solid piece of piano, Johan. Congrats!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: Paul678If you notice on Johnathan Baker's website, there are absolutely NO samples of his playing.Probably because he himself doesn't know how to play 1/1000 of the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Project Scriabin by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: jdwSome of the Op. 22 preludes are not very hard (even I can play them). Some fun stuff going on in the left hand. And there's the little gem Desir, op. 57. But maybe you're thinking of something more ambitious. No, I'm specif
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $15,000 budget for upright--suggestions? by Hakki @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: Hakki Hence, the best way to spend (if he really needs to spend that kind of money) that money is on a grand. At least it will look elegant and better decoratively. What if he doesn't have the space
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Uninspired by my MP11 by Markarian @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

Hey all, So I will admit off the bat that I haven't scoured every single one of the quite numerous MP11 threads on here, though I have contributed to quite a few. I will also admit that going between a Steinway B (downstairs) and the MP11 (upstairs)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slipped and fell on ice today by Johan B @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

Oh my god.......that's bad...... Hope you will soon recover......best wishes... Regards, Johan B
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Project Scriabin by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

Here's one of the Scriabin books: Here's the etude I'm thinking of. My finger is on the measure that has this little...dissonance that whatever it is, it makes me want to cry: Rachmaninoff does this every once in a while. All I know is that i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $15,000 budget for upright--suggestions? by ando @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Hakki Hence, the best way to spend (if he really needs to spend that kind of money) that money is on a grand. At least it will look elegant and better decoratively. What if he doesn't have the space?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $15,000 budget for upright--suggestions? by ando @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Jason74Sorry, bad choice of words. No, of course it's not that I don't play classical that puts me in that advantageous position. The point I was trying to make is that because I have a clear understanding of what I do and don't
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (updated pics) by DeadPoets @ Yesterday at 01:34 PM

Any thoughts on this inclined bench
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by alfredo capurso @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTOriginally Posted By: bkw58Someone please explain how a "unison" impure or deliberately de-tuned to a desired effect has musical value? The only "value" is to give an otherwise sterile soun
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Project Scriabin by jdw @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

Some of the Op. 22 preludes are not very hard (even I can play them). Some fun stuff going on in the left hand. And there's the little gem Desir, op. 57. But maybe you're thinking of something more ambitious.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Shorter Solo Works - Editions? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusI think that good and heavily edited editions(in terms of fingering and pedaling)are far superior for most students. Yes. We wouldn't want students thinking about the music for themselves; rather, we should have the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA95sb arrived by Jytte @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

Congratulation!!! Looking good Have a wonderful weekend with you new Kawai. And let's all hear something soon.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin finally at home in Brazil by Nick Mauel @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Thank you very much! What prompted the unveiling though, was a buyer. I had been waiting to put this in my home once I had wood floors installed. Thanks, Nick
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Question on Yamaha T118 by sjcby @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

I recently joined the forum after spending hours absorbing all the information here. What a terrific resource! I am looking for a piano for my 6 year old to start piano. I know that I likely want a used piano to get a bit better value for money, e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts New Kawai CA95sb arrived by Johan B @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Hi there, Mmmm....my new digital piano arrived today......Kawai CA95...... Like it... I know what I will do this weekend........ Best regards, Johan B
Page 14 of 18 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
VILABS (Ravenscroft) - Support Issues
by dmd
02/01/15 08:32 AM
Am I crazy? 1921 Baldwin with “History” (PICS)
by look_alive
02/01/15 02:23 AM
Rhythm question about "Un Sospiro"
by Tony Romo
02/01/15 01:55 AM
Awesome!
by piano_friend
02/01/15 01:50 AM
How hard is the Rach 3?
by Tony Romo
02/01/15 01:48 AM
Forum Stats
77944 Members
42 Forums
161113 Topics
2366712 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission