Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (AdrianR, Alexander Borro, Almar, 36251, Barry1963, Anne Francis, 26 invisible), 2391 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by nancyde @ Yesterday at 04:46 PM

I think the very best reason is because it is enjoyable--the time practicing makes the day better. I think you need to love the process rather than thinking about an ultimate goal. I guess it is no different than many other hobbies. People spend l
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Op. 109 Recital by Eric399 @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

Thr trills: I don't count them, but maybe I should... :-)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggios Fingerings 3-octave by Eric399 @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

First 4 notes left hand 5 4 2 1, then right hand 1 2 4 1 2 4 5 next: l.h. 5 4 2 1, r.h. 1 2 4 1 2 4 5 last: l.h. 4 2 1 3 2 r.h. 1 2 4 1 2 4 5
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By dmdIf I was still memorizing (note for note) each piece of music and then moving on to the next one to memorize, I doubt that I would still be doing it. I wouldn't either. I never memorized any piece I learnt as a student. W
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 Keytop scratches by jbcb @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Tkx for the pix Joaoxana - Your wear/tear isn't as far along as mine is but mine started out very similar. And yes, it's disagreeable to run into these pot holes while playing. Again, I don't have this on any of my other keyboards or my acoustic upri
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 Keytop scratches by bennevis @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

My Roland's ivory-feel (white) keytops started showing signs of wear after nearly two years of heavy use (I practice around four hours a day), the surfaces roughening slightly. It didn't affect playing (in fact, the grip even improved slightly becaus
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Arpeggios Fingerings 3-octave by PWF1 @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

Hello, Arpeggios from Hummel Prelude op. 67 no. 1, listed below. score: http://imslp.org/wiki/Préludes,_Op.67_(Hummel,_Johann_Nepomuk) I tried tried a few different hand switching points, but none allowed for smooth, fast playing. How would you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Op. 109 Recital by xvarcar @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

I thought of general tips. E. g. Barenboim talked in a Masterclass about the first Variation and that it should be played a bit slower than the theme, because its a comment on the theme and that there must be a feeling of departure. I talked with my
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by dmd @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

If I was still memorizing (note for note) each piece of music and then moving on to the next one to memorize, I doubt that I would still be doing it. I tired of that years ago. I never really felt that the music I was playing was my music and I wo
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by Goss @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

That price for a floor model is definately taking liberties....
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By Anne FrancisHe looks like he ate something bad. Well, the picture was supposedly taken after his death! He might not have been feeling too well by that time! Originally Posted By Anne Francis But I ag
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by Goss @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

https://www.muziekhuisdacapo.nl/nl/toets...cfcqv0wodezkija 1630 U$ incl tax (21%) and delivery. American prices are just @_@ If that is the range of your budget, might want to give Roland models a go with the pha-50 actions..
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by technical ko @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By SSK I think they told the price to be around $2250. I am not sure if its a lowered price from their boxed piece price or not. The CN37 is listed on Kawai site for $2599. Not sure if its worth spending $2250 on a display piece of
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Anne FrancisHe looks like he ate something bad. Well, the picture was supposedly taken after his death! He might not have been feeling too well by that time! Originally Posted By Anne Francis But I agree with whoever said he wa
Originally Posted By BachusI think the Roland RD2000 looks quite a lot like the Yamaha montage...same knobs.. 8 part performances... 2 sound engines Yeah, Yamaha's new synthesizers look nicer. If they could make their stage pianos look like their
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Op. 109 Recital by BruceD @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By xvarcar[...] I would appreciate some further leading tips. I discussed the interpretation of the sonata with my techer but maybe you have some new ideas. Thanks for all answers . It's rather vague to think of "further le
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Op. 109 Recital by xvarcar @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

Okay, thanks for the suggestion. How do you play Var. VI ? I counted the trill, because first it is a lot easier to play the notes at the right time and second you cant really hear a difference, because of the speed. I play with the Henle Edition bu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The best thing about Scarlatti by BruceD @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By Anne FrancisWow--thank you so much, outo. This is brilliant. I just printed my favourite one! (K. 175.) Very grateful! Since this is a French edition, one assumes that the letter "G" sprinkled throughout the score re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By CassiaPrice just raised to $275! Or maybe we have this all wrong and that's what he's willing to pay to have someone haul it away. Hehehe! Yeah, either they are increasing their offer to haul it away, or perhaps the scammers rep
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise by Rickster @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

Seems to me the only logical explanation, since you checked it out and all seems well, is that something slipped or moved where the string terminations are located. This movement, likely due to expansion and contraction due to humidity changes, cause
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

Interesting Google Search! The first thing on the list is "inexplicable noises!"
Jump to new posts Re: NOTE TO YAMAHA - make your stage keyboards more attractive! by David Farley @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By polo1Yeah, the Yamahas look like ugly, OLD, black boxes... I'm old, too.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Synthesia by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

I use Simply Piano by Joytunes (Apple iOS only, unfortunately) when I want to practice more than what I have from our teacher. Or in holidays when there are no lessons. The daughter then also sometimes uses it. Synthesia allows to do one hand or the
I think the Roland RD2000 looks quite a lot like the Yamaha montage...same knobs.. 8 part performances... 2 sound engines
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by SSK @ Yesterday at 03:45 PM

Good to know. Thanks!
Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need to buy replacement battery charger for SAT IV ASAP
by Piano Danno
Today at 12:09 PM
Teaching kids and keeping high expectations.
by Juan Rezzuto
Today at 10:12 AM
Sheet music that sounds good with e-piano sound?
by JoBert
Today at 09:42 AM
Recording individual notes when piano is tuned
by slobajudge
Today at 09:36 AM
Massive dehumidifier recall!
by kennyz
Today at 09:03 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,342 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,945 Topics
2,591,107 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission