Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by David Germino @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: GrandmanOriginally Posted By: wimpianoOriginally Posted By: GrandmanYou are wrong. The pianos are made using the original German scales according to Larry Fine. How can you say their pianos have nothing to do with the original p
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher and Performer by chococo @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

Thank you for sharing. It is helpful. I had a hard time for scheduling last month. Changing will not be easy but I will try one at a time. Hope I can manage well balanced schedule.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is There a Static and Universal Musical Truth? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Furthermore, you are into the realm of religious debate, which along with political debate is almost certainly banned here (I've never seen a site where it wasn't).
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is There a Static and Universal Musical Truth? by gizzards @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: gizzardsYou will just be an idiot of you call them anything scientific. First, you're on about a non-issue that is not relevant. Second, scientific hypotheses must start somewhere. The hypothesis asse
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is There a Static and Universal Musical Truth? by Old Man @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: Old Man Also, the existence of god is unfalsifiable, so no proof is possible, either "for" or "against". This is incorrect. Victor Stenger has a book entitled "God: The F
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: argerichfanOriginally Posted By: Polyphonist Rachmaninoff cannot even hold a candle to Chopin, and I think that is pretty close to a fact. Funny thing, we have [censored] at each other so much... but facts are... facts. Now a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: OT Heartbleed by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

I don't believe PW uses SSL for it's login credentials.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: puffJames - You out there having breakfast? I've already eaten. Originally Posted By: puffIs it true about the I-pad routing to a zone on the instrument? Yes, this is correct. If a zone is set to EXT (or BOTH) mode, and it
Jump to new posts OT Heartbleed by doremi @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Seems like almost nothing is happening rather than the predicted catastrophe affecting billions on the internet. Well, 900 got hit at Revenue Canada, which is more than what you can say about the Year 2000 ‘catastrophe’ that did not happen. What’s up
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist Rachmaninoff cannot even hold a candle to Chopin, and I think that is pretty close to a fact. Funny thing, we have bitched at each other so much... but facts are... facts. And thank-you for that. (May I have time
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is There a Static and Universal Musical Truth? by Atrys @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: gizzardsYou will just be an idiot of you call them anything scientific. First, you're on about a non-issue that is not relevant. Second, scientific hypotheses must start somewhere. The hypothesis asserted (one of which I touche
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: TritokGreat review ! http://azpianonews.blogspot.fr/2014/04/K...under-2000.html Thanks for posting - it's quite a read! James x
Jump to new posts Re: Any CA-95 owner got an answer... by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

Just doing my job (albeit unofficially). I should perhaps add that the MP10 and now MP11/MP7 also support Line In recording/mixing to WAV/MP3. Moreover, I recall that there's a noise gate when the Line In level fader is set to the lowest position,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Piano_Brazil @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

BlaBlaBla... I've been reading all the statements here with great interest and respect for every different opinion. Since I'm not a technician but a piano player, I also expect to learn from good arguments... But this last post seems hilarious to me.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by BDB @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: NorbertRENNER USA RESPONSE: "let the other company speak".... I could elaborate, but will suffice it to say we are very familiar with the plastic composites and will continue to use natural m
Jump to new posts Re: Any CA-95 owner got an answer... by lolatu @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

^ That is good to hear, James! Also, important to know, that I'll get better quality if I disconnect the Line-In from my audio interface if I want to record the CA95's internal sounds!
Jump to new posts Re: Different place, different perspective. by Joe Garfield @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

I had a different perspective this week. While instrument shopping I was wishing I could find something like the Boston upright we have in theory class. It seemed head and shoulders above everything I could afford. After 2 weeks of playing my new Ka
Jump to new posts Re: Are the black keys wooden? by lolatu @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesOn Kawai's wooden-key actions, all 88-keys are made from wood. The top part of the black keys is made from the 'Ivory Touch' material. 'Ivory Touch' material = textured plastic, in case anyone was wondering. Not tha
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: dewsterangling the panel down so you can't see what you're doing was a total bone headed move by Roland. Good point.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is There a Static and Universal Musical Truth? by gizzards @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

1 2 3 Some articles from a quick skim on JSTOR. There's loads of this stuff, and it is actually quite interesting whether it offends you or not. If you can't access them, you can atleast look at the abstracts. Pretty cool. So, Atrys, it is over,
Jump to new posts Re: Any CA-95 owner got an answer... by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

Yes, the CA95 and CS10 support recording Line In audio to WAV/MP3, which requires AD conversion, and means that the signal passes through the instrument's digital EQ. Originally Posted By: lolatuc) Line In is captured when recording WAV / MP3 (which
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Mr Super-Hunky @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

I'm running low on corny gimmicks to promote my recital submissions. That is until I heard this incredible cover version of a lovely simple tune that everyone has heard. The only thing is that the tune is played on a guitar so I'm not sure how the
Jump to new posts Re: Different place, different perspective. by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

toddy, slightly off-topic, but am I correct in thinking that you're also an Englishman living overseas, perhaps from Liverpool? I'm planning a trip back to my home-town (Norwich - another footballing city) in the coming months with my significant ot
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sensational review of pianist Paul Lewis in NY Times by square-39 @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Thank-you. I did see the review. I wasn't discussing "keeping up"; I was critical of his "strength".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what is the best book to learn piano by your own..? by EM Deeka @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

When did having the ability to read a music score get equated to that person surely not being able to play by ear ? And similarly how did the ability to play by ear get linked to inability to read music or understand music theory? Both are valu
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
190 registered (accordeur, acortot, 36251, adanepst, 52 invisible), 1794 Guests and 56 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153503 Topics
2249461 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal
by feigede
04/16/14 05:43 PM
Ruben Schoutrop - Nocturne Op. 55 No. 1 in F Minor
by Ruben1
04/16/14 05:14 PM
Question about monitor speakers with keyboard
by peabody
04/16/14 04:00 PM
Disklavier to replace digital piano?
by Big Cheese
04/16/14 03:42 PM
Happy Birthday TwoSnowflakes
by gooddog
04/16/14 02:23 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission