Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by noobpianist90 @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

Finally found some time to listen 01. Jayden (Jayden Traynor) - To Zanarkand Nice, balanced playing. You perfectly played my favourite part of this piece, which isn't the ending, but the arpeggio part where it suddenly gets heavy and dark. A bit aft
Piano Forum
Aural Quiz: Excerpt from a live performance of a concerto for two pianos. Two new grand pianos. Same manufacturer. Same piano tuner. Same piano voicer. Professional archival recording. Pianos are identical with one possible exception: Q: Are the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Some more help needed!! by gbitw @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Any further insight on the ES7 as I am considering one? Do current owners of the ES7 enjoy their purchase? Any complaints?
Jump to new posts Re: RECURRING DEFECT IN KAWAI DIGITAL PIANOS (review) by slowtraveler @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: TunelessI found the post useful, as it is an indication that other brands/models have warts too. It reaffirms the correctness of my decision to keep my FP-50 even tho I find the hard knock annoying every so often. But I certai
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: 88 Fingers JeffIt seems perfectly reasonable to me that a larger soundboard would be a more efficient, but I don't really know it to be true. My assumption is that this must be the case at least at certain frequencies, but agai
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Mooozart Effect by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 10:23 PM

"Recent studies show that Liszt played on flat-strung pianos works best . . . "
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Silly" question: why a longer piano is much more expensive by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

A443, As an educated musician, I don't understand your use of the term "descant." It is a compositional term which defines a melodic or harmonic relation to a given range of pitch. It is not a specified range such as bass, baritone, alto
Piano Forum
I'm still trying to understand where the "scam" comes into play. In our case, the price points of the CX series clearly narrowed our choices to either the C1X or the C2X. After final dealing, the C2X was a much better value than the C1X, a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by 1RC @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Roland The BeagleIn terms of the kind of self-chat where you predict your own failure and then react because of it, I feel that this is something that will simply take time and life experience to go away. Negative thinking like
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Any interest in reviving the Denver area piano group? by Strings & Wood @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

I am in, keep me posted. Carl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Different Keys Without Playing Scales by Maarkr @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

I think of scales (and i do triads/inversions up and down) and blues scales as painful, but I try to do them often, sometimes slowly, always mistakenly... I like to think it makes playing songs and soloing better in the long run. Only been doing thi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Silly" question: why a longer piano is much more expensive by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyUm John, I believe that Philip was being quite facetious. Who?? Me??
Jump to new posts Re: RECURRING DEFECT IN KAWAI DIGITAL PIANOS (review) by Tuneless @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

I found the post useful, as it is an indication that other brands/models have warts too. It reaffirms the correctness of my decision to keep my FP-50 even tho I find the hard knock annoying every so often. But I certainly understand how something t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

AOTW: I quickly passed the last two stragglers in Faber Level 2, and now I'm 100% in Level 3A. Played and passed "Sakura" in 3A, and earned a sticker for it. No I'm not kidding. I've probably played over 300 pieces during my first year, a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An aural and visual demonstration of the Skeleton. by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: GadzarOriginally Posted By: Herr WeissOriginally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT As always, polite, constructive criticism is appreciated. Sorry, the word polite made me laugh out loud. HW Me too! Mark, In the lower s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by Kreisler @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Can we get back to the topic, please? The topic is: The role of self-talk as described in the performance psychology literature. Thanks!
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinaSo let me get this straight. A 9' piano is quieter than a smaller one and gives a less distinct sound. So that is why they are used in huge venues and for professional recordings I suppose. Assume everything else on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Monica K.46. BrianDX - Parasailing: Congratulations on your first AB forum recital debut! After hearing your piece, I can see why so many teachers use the Faber books. I like how the piece incorporates important skills (runs,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: August Piano Bar, drinks on the house by Elssa @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Well, besides the video I first posted here in this thread of this song, about 8 years ago I made an mp3.. I just imported it into my Studio 12 video editing program. I started in key of C and modulated to key of Eb. In key of C, the melody note of
Jump to new posts Re: How long do you keep piano box? by Scott Hamlin @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

I am a box keeper of pretty much anything electronic I may need to transport and or/sell. I have a nice corner in the garage stacked up pretty high.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Family Member... His name is Charles Walter by Benn @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Earl, Charles must have been busy at the time, somebody else picked up; lol. Monica, Thank you! Lost that advantage though and will be getting one probably pretty fresh off the assembly line. While the dealer was preparing my piano, he found a defec
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Brahms Op. 76, Capriccio in f-sharp minor: [Requested] by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

I was asked to post this recording so here it is: https://app.box.com/s/6rk0plazteiozwkcj5t9 There is an old thread where I basically just managed to get through the piece. I have made a number of recordings since then until I decided to take a bre
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel by 89grand @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The piano was given to me, the only cost I had was the cost of moving it and the cost of my technician's assessment. The previous owner did not want to spend money for maintenance, eg replacing broken strings, chipped key
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by Roland The Beagle @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

I've always had a very vivid 'mental life', and I find it indispensable to everything, including music. It can work for you or against you. I find that I rehearse and work on music away from the piano, just as I would do planning my day or what I h
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: For Heavens Sake - Improvisation Scales by 36251 @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: 36251 "fit three appropriate notes in between" Originally Posted By: Michael Martinez "If you just willy-nilly pick the three, it's not going to work." ????
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
153 registered (36251, accordeur, 88 Fingers Jeff, *windowlicker*, 47 invisible), 1328 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75979 Members
42 Forums
157127 Topics
2307545 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First time purchasing an acoustic piano, need some help.
by Lockon52
08/28/14 07:14 PM
Yamaha Clavinova CVP-83s Parts needed
by Jason Solis
08/28/14 06:57 PM
Yamaha Clavinova CVP-83s Parts needed
by Jason Solis
08/28/14 06:40 PM
New here and REALLY need advice on two used pianos!!!
by skj
08/28/14 05:23 PM
Thoughts on Johannes Seiler GS160
by sekelmaan
08/28/14 05:01 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission