Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
114 registered (angga888, Art_Vandelay, AldenH, Anticlock, babybearyan, ando, 25 invisible), 1199 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts I played Grand Piano ... by Celdor @ Yesterday at 07:25 AM

I played Grand Piano last Sunday. That felt so incredible. What can I say. Everyone should do have that experience! I played Yamaha for more than £8,000. There were also other GPs for £36k and £43k :p. I thought at the beginning the keys were too
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Am I expecting too much from my piano teachers? by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By Utkonos My question is: do you think I should look for a different teacher? Or are my expectations of what a piano teacher can do unreasonably high, and these sort of piano lessons are pretty typical? Are most piano teachers, for
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs acoustic, $400 budget by Bellicapelli @ Yesterday at 07:11 AM

At every given budget i guess an acoustic is always a better choice, especially for learning purposes, provided one can manage the "noise", and that one is able to research the right piano in good condition, a condition which i think def
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Greener @ Yesterday at 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By WhizbangForwarded to Greener. This game should be subtitled "Nikolas gives ABF an earworm." Difficulty level just right, IMO. You guys are making me want to hear this. I guess I'll b
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More String Leveling Fun by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 07:06 AM

Greetings, The trichord agraffes are often so uneven that you will have a high or low string in the middle or side that cannot be bent level. In these cases, the hammer has to be mated by uneven filing to meet the strings. However, on una corda
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A thought about having 2 different lessons by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 06:46 AM

Originally Posted By Albert BrightenI'm considering ask my teacher we alternate our weeks by what I am learning. One week we work on my repertoire and the next week on Alfreds-2. Albert, this makes a lot of sense. Keep us posted. Sometimes it takes
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 06:46 AM

Hold this thought. I have an idea to check out.....
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 06:44 AM

....the viable alternative, I suppose, is to stick to one thread with each post bearing a heading (ideally in eye-catching bold) to indicate the cycle or whatever. A lot of scrolling possibly but maybe that's a minor concern.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 06:33 AM

If this proves to be popular and we have concurrent tunes at mixed levels (also I think Poly has some additional ideas on the lines of layering harmonies on a suggested melody) should this be moved to another forum where we can keep each stream to it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 06:26 AM

JimF, please accept my condolences. I hope you have many happy memories to help you through this time.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P105 or P45? by FormulaGoat @ Yesterday at 06:19 AM

Thank you very much for your valuable input. I ended up buying the Yamaha P105 as it seemed like a very good deal for 200€ off and since the P115 did not seem like such a big improvement.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 06:16 AM

51. blackjack1777 - Greensleeves - blackjack, welcome to ABF recitals! 8 months and you're doing this? That's great! I would play it a little bit soft in some chords, but your pedaling is fine. Good job! 52. outo - An die Zugvogel in Suden op 11-1 -
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by Bachus @ Yesterday at 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By phunqe I know some think that having this instead of controllers with a bunch of VSTs must be some kind of statement, but seeing this myself, my fingers starts to twitch. You don't get that in front of a computer screen, no m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 06:03 AM

Yes once a cycle is complete, for fun. Otherwise I think it gets confusing. Your naming system sounds good. Time zones are an interesting twist on the game
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: John Thompson's Modern Course by TheGift @ Yesterday at 06:00 AM

It might just be a viable alternative, malkin. I seem to have stumbled upon a road block after five months of smooth sailing - more like a brick wall! Was wondering if this is common for "mature" beginners? I'm ploughing through at this
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By casinitalyJytte, you're on the cycle two list but there's no reason you can't have a try with the cycle 1 pieces. However, I think it could be confusing to have two cycles of the same piece going at the same time. How to manage
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 05:50 AM

100 miles per hour? Yikes! hmm. Glad I got Polyphonist's !
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By JytteNikolas, and anybody else with experience in this... the secondo recording.. I assume I can play it on the piano (a DP)... can it also be played at slower tempo you think? Haven't tried anything like this on my DP. I'm just
Jump to new posts Re: Quiet Practice Mode Question by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 05:41 AM

In UK terminology it's called a Celeste rail and the material Celeste Felt. In USA parlance, a Muffler Rail and Muffler felt. I second Scriabin67's comments.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha 1982 YUS Action material by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 05:29 AM

Plastic jacks are common in Yamahas of that vintage.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 05:24 AM

Jytte, you're on the cycle two list but there's no reason you can't have a try with the cycle 1 pieces. However, I think it could be confusing to have two cycles of the same piece going at the same time. How to manage this? I suggest that when we
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs acoustic, $400 budget by Lester Burnham @ Yesterday at 04:58 AM

At that budget, for me, it's an easy answer. Casio PX-150 (it's as near as damnit to the budget limit). Yes, it's possible - if you're very lucky, informed and the stars are all aligned, for you to be one of the few that manages to bag a decent aco
Adult Beginners Forum
Nikolas, and anybody else with experience in this... the secondo recording.. I assume I can play it on the piano (a DP)... can it also be played at slower tempo you think? Haven't tried anything like this on my DP. I'm just thinking, that in the begi
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Nikolas EDIT: Jytte: Your score was shipped yesterday, so it should be there soon. And there's a full recording of the whole book on youtube. Check it out! Thanks, looking forward to that The full recording I have already, did
Adult Beginners Forum
are they both going to trickle down to us?
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kohler and Campbell SKG-600s opinions please
by ThePawn
05/26/15 10:30 PM
Piano Texas, anyone?
by ec
05/26/15 09:32 PM
Is an Inexpensive, Half-A@@ed 88 Key keyboard Midi a Dream?
by Schick
05/26/15 09:30 PM
String covers?
by Grandpianoman
05/26/15 08:47 PM
Need advice about Yamaha upright piano
by babybearyan
05/26/15 08:16 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,428 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,361 Topics
2,410,880 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission