Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
173 registered (ajames, accordeur, A Guy, 49 invisible), 1745 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone / iPad as MIDI Controller for AvantGrand N2 by andythefiredog @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Sorry for the delay. So far it hasn't worked the other way but it's most likely the apps I'm using. Hoping for someone to share apps they've definitely done this with, and like using. I want to connect and play midi files from my iPhone and hav
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Bogányi piano with carbon-fibre soundboard by bennevis @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

In the BBC interview, the dude said that there's already a waiting list for orders already placed....... But, in case anyone's bought one and doesn't like it, I'll take it off his hands for free .
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Sound Canvas by susanmusic @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Thanks so much for the heads up. So far I'm just playing (piano teaching) midi files that I've stored in Dropbox. The app sounds great for that purpose.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by joe80 @ Yesterday at 05:35 PM

For starters you're too close to the piano, so your elbows are too far back, which limits the leverage you can get from your arms. Your posture is not a train wreck, but you should get a good teacher.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Are prices negotiable at a piano dealer in Europe? by mycnyc @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

I'm interested in purchasing a brand new C Bechstein 124 or Steingraeber 130/138. I found the prices advertised on some European dealers' websites quite much lower than one would expect at an American dealer. This phenomenon has already been mentione
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried IRockU? by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 05:29 PM

Fatih, The book is piano focused. Most of the audio examples are done on an acoustic piano. Way out in chapter 14 there are about 5 pages of small pieces that show some styles for Rhodes/Wurlitzer pianos and the Hammond or Vox organ. Earlier in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by DeadPoets @ Yesterday at 05:17 PM

I agree in theory with what you say... but when I try sitting with no back support my lower back gets ripped up and quickly. I've learned how to use sitz bones, etc but it was no real help. Back support has been the only way I can play. I'm 5'11
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by DeadPoets @ Yesterday at 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: WhizbangYou look a little close to the keyboard and you're leaning back. I think your position is going to get a bit cramped if you need to lean into the music. I also think that my default playing position has me reaching out
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Having goals to aim for by TonyB @ Yesterday at 05:09 PM

My goal is to learn to play new age, boogie woogie, and cocktail piano styles. First, I am working through the Duane Shinn 52 week Crash Course to get a good foundation, and then am moving on to a bunch of Willie Myette (Piano With Willie) lessons t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Sauter Schulpiano by Jean Claude @ Yesterday at 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusMust be the model favored for Jewish synagogues. Not so popular in other types of synagogue then?
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES7 v1.15 software update - now available by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 05:06 PM

Hi Riley67, try this link http://www.kawai-global.com/support/updates/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 275 by Jean Claude @ Yesterday at 05:06 PM

As the Euro drops in value I just get poorer.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any other albums like these? by Goldberg @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

Don't miss Liebermann's Album for the Young, either!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Jytte @ Yesterday at 05:01 PM

Hello Shey, this is the main page: http://playingpianoblog.com/learn-to-play-the-piano/ about half way down (in orange) it says How to Participate in the Free Online Piano Course Click Register Now at the sign up page. Then enter your name, email
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by Moonsh1ne @ Yesterday at 05:01 PM

Hello, I've posted a few messages here and there. I've been playing since Sept 2013 when my son started piano and we got a hand-me-down console. Granted I had some music training as a child (played the flute somewhat haphazardly), so could still rea
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Your favorite punch or method by accordeur @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

To break beckets when removing strings in preparation for restringing. I have been using a hollow punch for years, and the one I have is not so efficient anymore. Just thought I would ask before starting my shopping. Thanks
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

You look a little close to the keyboard and you're leaning back. I think your position is going to get a bit cramped if you need to lean into the music. I also think that my default playing position has me reaching out a bit for the keyboard; that i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by gooddog @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

I'm no expert but I think you look too slouchy: 1. You are sitting much too close to the piano. 2. You should be sitting on the forward 1/3 of the chair, not all the way back. Push the chair back. 3. You should not be leaning against the back of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Shey @ Yesterday at 04:53 PM

Hi, I have been online for 4 hours trying to find the free 8 lessons for this site. All that comes up is a YouTube ad for his site about the free lessons but with no access to the free lessons. I really have been all over the place looking at many
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Having goals to aim for by Jytte @ Yesterday at 04:53 PM

My main long term goal is to be so decently playing, that I can take some nice tunes, classical as well as pop, that I happen to like and 'make them mine', as in learn them, memorize them, and be able to play them nicely. I'm not shooting for the sta
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by Moonsh1ne @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

Looks good to me. I would wear shoes, otherwise pedal is not easy to control. Regarding posture, it worked for Glenn... My posture in general is also terrible. Years of computer work can't be easily undone.
Jump to new posts Roland Sound Canvas by David Farley @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

People here might be interested in this. I presume if you have any MIDI interface that works you can plunk away at all the sounds with a keyboard. (I haven't purchased it.) http://www.roland.com/products/sound_canvas_for_ios/
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by torquenale @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Go for it earlofmar, it's easier than it sounds!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM Show 2015 - Follow Up Reports by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

Quote:One of their consultants was a maker of petri dishes. Kathy said that makes this Bluthner a real part of the "Piano Culture" :-) That hurt. :-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

Arms good, wrists at a good level, feet look solid, shoulders look weak and rounded. Suggest doing a workout to strengthen your upper back, it can take years to fix.
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Repeated notes technique
by Brad Hoehne
01/30/15 01:38 PM
Need gearchoice help - the "ultimate" setup
by Auver
01/30/15 01:31 PM
A few questions (sustain pedal, key touch) about imminent DP purchase (probably ES7)
by Corvus
01/30/15 01:27 PM
Ivory II
by wakemetal
01/30/15 12:54 PM
Squaring hammer crowns?
by Beemer
01/30/15 12:51 PM
Forum Stats
77932 Members
42 Forums
161069 Topics
2365969 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission