Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
96 registered (agraffe, Anita Potter, anadyr21, 90minIPA, 25 invisible), 1379 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingernail hardeners? by BDB @ Today at 02:33 AM

Or a guitar pick. There was a time when I thought they might breed in pianos. I pluck the strings with plectra made from old keytop tails.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano under 1500$ by Charles Cohen @ Today at 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By Luigi Attorresi . . . I recently went to the biggest Shop near my town but I found only a few digital pianos and I didn't like them that much. . . . Which ones did you try? And what did you like, and not like, about them? a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Harpsichord Key Width by BDB @ Today at 02:23 AM

There is information here.
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano under 1500$ by Luigi Attorresi @ Today at 01:56 AM

Thanks Charles, I am looking for a piano which only reproduces an high quality sound and has a touch similar to an acoustic one. So I don't need extra sounds, audio-recording, accompainment and all the extra funcions. It's going to stay home, I don't
Jump to new posts Re: Places to haunt for late-model used DP? by jimb100 @ Today at 01:52 AM

Local Piano stores may have trade ins. Worth a call.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Suggestions for Well Tempered Klavier? by cathryn999 @ Today at 01:42 AM

I'm like a kid in a candy store - my Urtexts have arrived! The complete Mozart Sonatas (cloth bound, beautiful), Beethoven Sonatas Volume II (I already have Volume I), the whole Loutky (Puppets) by Martinu and joy of joys, The Well Tempered Klavier V
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By INBoston I guess I was trying to make it sound less mechanical by varying the tempo, but it is likely not what the composer intended. A little rubato pushing and pulling at the tempo is definitely ok, and intended by the compos
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Harpsichord Key Width by phantomFive @ Today at 01:28 AM

Were the keys narrower on harpsichords in the early 1700s? (compared to a modern piano) Secondly, what about the distance that the key must be pushed? I've been playing Baroque harpsichord music, and I can't shake the feeling that the piano is a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingernail hardeners? by JohnSprung @ Today at 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By RealPlayerOne caveat: You need to have SOME amount of white nail showing to enable you to pluck strings inside the piano, even if it's just a little. ... Why not pluck with a chip of wood? That was common factory practice in
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning your chords by Nahum @ Today at 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By malkin "If we treat people to use our heart, we are easy to get some really good friends, isn't it?" And adding: then the language of communication will come spontaneously.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: TuneLabs vs Veritune vs Others? Dell Laptop Specs? by JohnSprung @ Today at 01:16 AM

Thanks, guys. I have a Shure SM58 microphone here that I can try. I'm thinking a laptop because the screen is big and easy to see, it can sit on top of the piano and tilt to a convenient angle, and I get a discount on Dell. My phone is a dumb
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Me playing "Beautiful Love" on AG N2 by AprilE @ Today at 01:12 AM

I really enjoyed listening to your playing this evening. Thanks for sharing it!
Pianist Corner
Since those first few times being at first mildly shocked and then really hearing Einstein on The Beach (when it was brand new and i was in art school) I have always loved Philip Glass music and it been exciting to see how the composer, the audience
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Old Heintzman Upright or new Kawai K-800 by jimusic @ Today at 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By Rickster...Now, if someone called and said they had a 1930's model Steinway upright or grand for free, I'd jump on it like a fly on honey... Rick Hey Rick, I've got a 1930's model Steinway for free. Oh wait.............
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ Today at 12:52 AM

Hi Medved - I'm with you, the useful tips, the ways other people think about practicing, about approaching hard parts, or structuring their learning, or how they use their time, are all helpful to me, even if it turns out something a little different
Pianist Corner
Schubert: Sonata Op.42, 2nd movement - Ganddalf Norman Dello Joio: Sonata #3, 1st Movement - Tim Adrianson Adolphus Hailstork: Eight Variations on "Shalom Chevarim" - Tim Adrianson George Walker: Spatials - Tim Adrianson Leonard Bernstein:
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By PoverHey everyone. Due to extreme time constraints, I have to apologize for not being able to do the Mozart K.331 1st movement and submit it. If anyone else wants to do it they're free to do so. Sorry again! I would love to pick
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student not ready for exam by Arghhh @ Today at 12:16 AM

Isn't it great when you ask a question and get all the possible answers in response The exam would be in mid-June some time. I'm using the deadlines recommended by another experienced teacher here who has been doing these exams with her students
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway piano shuffle and sample of my Steinway A by shirlkirsten @ Today at 12:12 AM

Thanks for the information.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway piano shuffle and sample of my Steinway A by shirlkirsten @ Today at 12:11 AM

And yes, my former tech, Israel Stein, who retired to Israel warned me of this re: the "feel" alteration re: damper work..... Enough of a red flag to just enjoy the piano as is... and besides, it's my second piano not the primary which is b
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A pin block question by Maximillyan @ Today at 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By Thermodogif the tech. from the shop wants to use a more traditional approach that's OK with me. The glue option is still there if that doesn't work. For bass string it's method can be using too,I'm think https://youtu.be/pOB
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Medved1 @ Today at 12:08 AM

This is an inspiring thread - thank you all so much for posting - really has helped me focus on my goal for this year, which is learning music more efficiently, as opposed to my history of "banging my head against the wall" as I spend what
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by Whizbang @ Today at 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By sam abdelI think students need to learn how to be good students As an adult student, lots of stuff to like in that post but I think this is the key bit. Some comments, from my experience, maybe not applicable to you: * It's a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what to play?!?!?! by supersport @ Today at 12:01 AM

This page is kind of wonky for some reason. I don't see another link but would definitely like to have it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what to play?!?!?! by RealPlayer @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Shenandoah is so beautiful. I remember accompanying singers on this piece. In certain arrangements, it was impossible to get through it without tearing up.
Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Please help evaluate pin block & bridges
by Bez
02/12/16 09:47 PM
New Steinway Tokyo showroom with unusual design
by pianoloverus
02/12/16 08:37 PM
What to do with older pianodisc system?
by mosspianotuning
02/12/16 08:02 PM
Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude
by Ramzi
02/12/16 08:00 PM
Roland FP-30 or Roland F140R
by Keyes
02/12/16 07:35 PM
Forum Stats
82,572 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,455 Topics
2,494,819 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission