Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

You will in 99.9% of the cases spend more on the piano then you will get in return when selling.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tight Key ?? by ando @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: GadzarOriginally Posted By: BDBYou are raising the key above its normal height? That is not a good thing to do. It will bind on the balance rail pin, which can damage the key while causing the effect you are seeing. Most keyset
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano lower than standard pitch by Olek @ Yesterday at 10:29 AM

The main problem of pitch reconstruction is the bridge tilt, raise of downbearing but mostly at the back of the bridge. Counter measures are necessary as precautions, an this is to be sold as a repair, not maintenance, in my opinion. (above a few Hz
Prout suggested Vallotti's 1799 temperament for Schubert. I looked up the tuning sequence, and it's similar to tuning mean tone. I'll give it a try on the Seiler and see what it sounds like.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr Super-Hunky Casinitaly Nothing really compared to those high school dances [and everything that goes along with them :), hehe! so if I can rekindle some of those dance floor memories for you I'd be happy too. aw
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by NormB @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Inertia of course isn't a 'bad' thing per se. An imaginary piano with weight derived from mass but with no inertia would be unplayable because it would be uncontrollable and because there would be nowhere to store the dynamic energy imparted by your
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTI don't believe ETDs can measure to the accuracy some of you are claiming. They only measure the frequency of one partial and no two strings have the exact same inharmonicity.The Verituner works with monitoring
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by turandot @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Rickster Not sure I have a good answer...... One of my goals is to learn how they (pianos) work and learn how to get them in top shape for my own playing satisfaction. So, yes, I view all my pianos as an investment to an ext
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!! by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 10:17 AM

Happy birthday Earlofmar - wow what a lot of Leos we have in our community! Hope your day is wonderful !
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Music competitions are rife with corruption says JLWebbr by briansaddleback @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

I'm sure there is some level of bias in all competitions , people aren't perfect but no one is out there to maliciously fix the competitions. This is stated from someone who didn't win much and using a very small sample size. How do you make blanket
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday torquenale !!!! by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 10:15 AM

Happy birthday Torquenale! Hope your day is wonderful!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday torquenale !!!! by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 10:13 AM

Happy Birthday! And many happy returns of the day
Thanks, DoelKees, for the recordings: they are very interesting! They don't accurately depict what is happening in the piano, but it is interesting. How are the tones simulated? All three recordings had an upper partial beat. Based on the timestamp
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Exclampt @ Yesterday at 10:04 AM

Two musicians meet at the union hall. "What instrument do you play?" asks one. He replied, "Saxophone. And you?" "Virginal." "What's that?" "It's a harpsichord made without a single solitary screw.&q
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by jotur @ Yesterday at 10:04 AM

Congratulations, WiseBuff! I like the "play me pianos" idea, but the one in the Railyard park here was awful, and had no bench :\ And felicitations to your niece - I'll be in Fort Collins in a couple of weeks for my niece's wedding. Good f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!! by jotur @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

Well, I said so in another thread, but in case you're archiving this one for sentimental reasons, happy birthday Cathy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday torquenale !!!! by jotur @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM

Happy birthday - Cathy
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: compositional methods by RogerW @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

Hmm... no wave smiley available... But hello to you too Nikolas! Yes, haven't been around in a few years. I'll try to check in more often.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: what do you think piano teachers about it? by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: briansaddlebackwhy do you always refer to yourself in the third person? Certainly the playing style with the rather active, seemingly exaggerated finger movement reminds me of the playing style of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by jotur @ Yesterday at 09:57 AM

Thank you again, Sam - I check in every day to see if there's news. Cathy
Adult Beginners Forum
Whizbang, you mathematician you Happy birthday, earlofmar Cathy
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Mark R. @ Yesterday at 09:55 AM

Yes, keystring, of course I cannot discount the possibility. But you did not present it here as a more or less remote possibility, or as one entry in one of your books. Rather, you presented it as the norm and general practice "in German":
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by joyoussong @ Yesterday at 09:53 AM

Can't remember when I last posted here - just wanted to check in & say that, apart from the 2 weeks after I fell in the spring (March 27-April 10), I've played every day. I had a really busy May-June, lots of tutoring. Summer hasn't really slow
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: what do you think piano teachers about it? by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: briansaddlebackwhy do you always refer to yourself in the third person? I'm not sure it could be answered, since we don't know the criteria by which the judges made the award. I never know it's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By: WiseBuffHad a great trip to Seattle for my niece's wedding and some sister time. While we were there we were at the Seattle Center (by the space needle) and found a grand piano outside as part of the art. It was painted a sky
Page 15 of 19 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
86 registered (barmassimo, Atrys, accordeur, AZ_Astro, 20 invisible), 1255 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156326 Topics
2295889 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
piano technician cost list
by ascc
08/01/14 01:36 AM
Liszt on Steinway A3
by Reno
08/01/14 01:35 AM
Roland RD800 initial impressions
by fizikisto
08/01/14 12:28 AM
Connected Slurs
by TX-Bluebonnet
08/01/14 12:17 AM
Recital 35 --- Call For Submissions
by AB Forum Recital
07/31/14 10:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission