Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
170 registered (Adrien, Alan Tripp, ajames, Alexmos, Adam Malone, 43 invisible), 1686 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some kind of a guide into Jazz Piano? by ClarinetOnBroadway @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

Thanks for you reply!! Good advice I'll have a play around And yeah I've actually got that Exploring Jazz book for the clarinet, great stuff!! Can I just ask how far you feel you've come with Jazz?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College audition pieces? by Christoaster12 @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

I am planning on applying to schools like Boston Conservatory, New England Conservatory, Manhattan School of Music, University of Michigan, Oberlin, Indiana and several others. I was mostly concerned that many of my pieces are short, which some of y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital pieces and repeats …. by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 02:09 PM

Thanks for the responses… I’m planning on submitting the Led Zeppelins’ “Stairway to Heaven “ piano solo. V’s 1-2 repeat V’’s 3-4 repeat Then another verse to the end. AA BB C …. It’s not a difficult piece, yet I may cut it
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Ataru074on Deer, we do put chocolate on Deer meat :-) and mushrooms. It's absolutely delicious Yes, I saw a Michelin-starred chef do that a few years ago - it's haute cuisine . Similarly, for spicy chocolate (chocolate wit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Farewell by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

Sandalholme, I echo what Pover said -- and, by the way, what Pianoloverus said is important too: You may have misunderstood the intent on the other thread. I very much hope you'll decide to stay. Your posts are among the ones I look for the most and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some kind of a guide into Jazz Piano? by Crocus @ Yesterday at 02:01 PM

Hey ClarinetOnBroadway - I know exactly how you feel, I struggled with this myself for a long time. There is just so much instructional material out there, it's hard to wade through it all. Some points that will help you: - if you can find a goo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bass String Replacement by Keelan Taylor @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Thanks David! That's what I was leaning towards. Just a little nerve-wrecking. So I just drop the the bass string down 3/8 from the neighbouring unison? How much string will I need exactly for my loop? (I've made loops before but only in practice, no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts They Don't Really Play by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

Decorators. Gotta love 'em. Yet some treatments of pianos scream, "They (the homeowners) don't really play." The newest ones that I've seen are 1) placing a flat-screen TV on the wall over an upright piano and 2) painting the piano and th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to get over 40,000,000 clicks on YouTube... by bennevis @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

I really like this - much better than the original song, which I haven't heard (and have no desire to ). They should extend the same treatment for all pop songs of a similar rubbishy nature . Presumably, that Yamaha will now be exclusively use
Jump to new posts Re: Bass String Replacement by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

Keelan, welcome to this Forum! Assuming Schaff have sent the new string with plenty of spare length beyond the winding, to make the loop from, do it yourself. Practice on a few lengths of piano wire first. I am assuming it's a "German eye&qu
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Bravi, Nikolas and Heather both! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recording.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers who refuse to take "beginner" adults by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDXI'll try to make my point one more time and I'll promise I will move on. A private piano teacher can obviously choose to accept whatever students they wish, given that certain conditions are met. As long as the choice is
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin 2015 Prelimary round winners video links by Hakki @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By FarmGirlThank you for posting this. It's really odd that there are no Japanese guys (only women) in the prem winner list. Wonder what happened to them. You are welcome. There were only 3 Japanese guys among 25 total Japanes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Farewell by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By bennevis[...] Even I (with my mediocre computer skills) know how to use the 'quote' function, when I'm directing my reply to one specific poster, or one specific point. (Or else, I specify who I'm addressing, by his user name). S
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fazioli Piano I wish to buy by R_B @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

So, as I read the question it is: What is 12 years of "in store" depreciation ? {In this case "in store" seems to mean that it has been out for trials, demos, performances, whatever_all_else.} Greater, less than or equal to 40%
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude 25-5 unique opening melody by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:26 PM

The "più lento" section of this Etude is one of my favourite moments in all of Chopin's writing. Regards,
Pianist Corner
I do, quite honestly. I really hoped she would go through.
Jump to new posts Bass String Replacement by Keelan Taylor @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Soooooo. Rookie mistake. I went on a job that had some broken strings. Replaced some treble strings. They look neat and sound great now. They also had a broken bass string. It was the F3 unison. It broke right at the hitch loop. I thought, maybe I'll
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude 25-5 unique opening melody by Hakki @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

I don't know whether this influenced the jury's decision, but she did not advance.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By careyApparently Ms. Dong didn't make the final cut. Interesting. Yes. I'm sorry to see that, and surprised but not shocked. I know that many people will nod in approval. I weep.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fazioli Piano I wish to buy by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDXI guess my question was a more generic than that. My thinking was, of all of the 6 foot (or so) pianos whose MAP is listed around $100K brand new at Piano Buyer, which ones could compete with a 20 year-old Fazioli? I'll
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Some kind of a guide into Jazz Piano? by ClarinetOnBroadway @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

Hello everyone So I've enjoyed Jazz music for a long time, and love to play jazz on my clarinet and sax, however on the piano I had generally just played classical music, with a little bit of other genres thrown in. I always wanted to be able to pl
Pianist Corner
BTW, SWSNBN, had reached Stage III back in the 2010 competition. Now, it is time for her to put her hat in front of her, and rethink her recent style since 2013.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin Etude 25-5 unique opening melody by ConcertEtudes @ Yesterday at 01:13 PM

[b][/b] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jHCZS5mNUs In the link (from the Chopin competition), the pianist plays the Chopin Etude 25-5 as the first piece. In the opening she brings out a melody line that is unique from almost all other pianists. Sh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

I need to be excused for today. Miserable head cold and fever.
Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Simple Music
by Rogerx
04/28/15 08:24 AM
Jazz and Latin transcriptions
by Adrien
04/28/15 07:53 AM
My CA97 has arrived - issue?
by tabber
04/28/15 07:48 AM
Pearl River upright
by PhilipInChina
04/28/15 06:38 AM
Eisteddfod in 4 days... I think I have RSI
by AtomicBond
04/28/15 06:09 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,075 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,611 Topics
2,400,674 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission