Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
155 registered (accordeur, 36251, A Guy, 32 invisible), 1941 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Travel Keyboard by Scott Hamlin @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: pspicerKai C, shame you can't string two of the Xkey 37's (or the other size) together. That would have been quite nice. You absolutely can do this!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Squaring hammer crowns? by BDB @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

After a while, you get to know what hammers not hitting the strings squarely sounds like, so you spend more time on the ones that sound like that than the others. But it involves plucking to correct it.
Bennevis, we posted about the same minute, your experience you just shared reflects my own, except my videos are not nearly that long.
Jump to new posts Re: Squaring hammer crowns? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTI gently press the hammer against the strings. Then raise the whippen so the back check touches the catcher, pressing on the back check. This serves to raise the damper. Press so
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are prices negotiable at a piano dealer in Europe? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: evamarYes, of course you can negotiate. So can they. Here you have a good example on how to deal... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2iZjxSGca8 Hilarious!
There is a lot of variety between pedals (both those associated with acoustic and digital pianos) in terms of how much physical resistance they provide. Usually for me adjusting from one to another hasn't been a serious issue, but I can imagine that
Originally Posted By: TheodorN Still, if anyone wants to walk the syncing walk, here is a good video explaining that. According to it, the reason audio and video drift out of sync, is that the video recording device and the audio source, record audio
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by gooddog @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

In addition to the above, he had his piano tweaked to give it a more harpsichord-like sound.
MacMacMac, I'm not sure I understand the setup you're thinking of. Are you talking about AUX/LINE OUT on the piano - into Presonus - then into your computer, for the audio, and simultaneously recording the video with your webcam? Is such a setup poss
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

Radu Lupu has had chronic back pain these last 40 years. He uses the chair back to avoid it, so he's not necessarily a good example to emulate.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which way to go? by EM Deeka @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinahttp://www.irocku.com/_resources/piano/notelearner/ Without comment! I guess you got lost in the website and confused their Note Learner resources as actual lessons !! Similar to the Flash Card Type exerci
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated notes technique by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Hi Brad, Use the technique that 1- feels better, and 2- works consistently and evenly. The way you describe your teacher's recommendations, it sounds like he/she is suggesting that you use a more vigorous extension of the fingers as opposed to flex
Jump to new posts Re: Travel Keyboard by pspicer @ Yesterday at 03:45 PM

Kai C, shame you can't string two of the Xkey 37's (or the other size) together. That would have been quite nice. I also travelled with the M-Audio Keystation 49 (just a little too long for the suitcase - mod wheel and the other one made things jus
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried IRockU? by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: laguna_greg[...] Relative pitch is where you do need a reference tone to identify the primary correctly. this is the kind of aural skill taught in music schools, and most people learn this fairly eas
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai production numbers by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

I'm sorry, I read your question too fast. The serial does not reveal that information, but you may be able to contact Kawai as Robert suggested.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai production numbers by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

Kawai Piano Serial Number Production Dates
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are prices negotiable at a piano dealer in Europe? by Rank Piano Amateur @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

The only people I know who bought a piano in Europe and shipped it home were an extremely wealthy family who bought a new Hamburg Steinway, something that was at least at the time (35 years ago) not available here. Incidentally, at least you used
Jump to new posts Re: The Right Words At The Right Time by accordeur @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

Stretch is not something you do, it's something that happens.
Jump to new posts Re: The Right Words At The Right Time by Tunewerk @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

I had a very similar experience.. driven to solve the constituents of the tuning 'equation' because poor-sounding results were so common. It couldn't be that difficult to tune a piano well, could it? Why aren't technicians just doing it right? Well,
Jump to new posts Re: Is This Possible to Do? - Realtime Accompaniment by newbert @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: ElmerJFuddiReal Pro for iOS? Nope - I just bought iReal Pro for iOS. While it has lots of nice features, it appears that auto-accompaniment isn't one of them. Thanks for the other suggestions, guys. I'll look into them.
Jump to new posts Re: Help! Pedal to piano korg c-26 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:09 PM

I would contact Korg directly to see if they have any replacement pedals you can buy from them.
Jump to new posts Re: Need gearchoice help - the "ultimate" setup by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

I agree with what's been said so far. Really take a look at your current PA system and see if that's lacking. What kind of gigs are these really? Will you be a one-man band type thing, or playing keys in a band? What style of music? Rather than look
Jump to new posts Re: Squaring hammer crowns? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

And going from what Sally said, fitting the hammers to the strings is but a first step in voicing. There are many steps in good voicing some of which wanders in to action regulation as well as shaping the hammer and defining hammer weight. Remedial
Jump to new posts Re: Need gearchoice help - the "ultimate" setup by Lester Burnham @ Yesterday at 02:47 PM

Just to add to the comments already said, really. Sometimes people think they need to throw money or kit at the solution - but your audience, the listeners are almost certainly oblivious to any enhancements. It's nearly always all about the playing
Adult Beginners Forum
This is where all my new pieces are at. But, I understand why. I can make the end product sound pretty good. Even if it takes me months to get there. So, why should I stay at easier level pieces when I can eventually figure out more difficult wor
Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Age of tech vs. quality level for a DP?
by JeepnHeel
01/31/15 02:09 PM
Where is Mark C?
by ando
01/31/15 01:47 PM
Uninspired by my MP11
by Markarian
01/31/15 01:43 PM
Question on Yamaha T118
by sjcby
01/31/15 01:23 PM
New Kawai CA95sb arrived
by Johan B
01/31/15 01:21 PM
Forum Stats
77944 Members
42 Forums
161093 Topics
2366389 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission