Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: casinitaly! Many happy returns of the day! by joyoussong @ Yesterday at 09:25 AM

Cheryl, Haven't been around PW much lately, & just noticed I missed your birthday - hope it was HAPPY!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by JimF @ Yesterday at 09:23 AM

Oh boy, looks like we need two cakes today. Happy birthday to both of you!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear! by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 09:17 AM

Hey! Happy birthday, from the poolside! ; I'm on vacation right now, thus my total lack of replies, posting, etc... But enjoy it while it lasts (your birthday I mean... Then it's your whole life to enjoy! ^_^ )
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by A443 @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

Miltonx, I don't particularly enjoy a piano voicing set-up that aims for long holds. To me, that sounds a bit boring (i.e., musically): it is a straight sound, that then falls off quickly. I prefer a swell-back in the decay portion of the sound, as i
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: compositional methods by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 09:14 AM

A very quick hello to RogerW. It's been so long since I last saw you. Hope you stick around!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: compositional methods by RogerW @ Yesterday at 09:07 AM

If you want to take composing seriously, then the answer is yes, it is worthwhile to compose even if you are not feeling inspired. As someone whose income comes only from writing music, I can say that a lot of the time I am not feeling very inspired
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: compositional methods by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 09:01 AM

Hi Michael, For me composing is an arduous process. It's not that I have any difficulty stringing notes together, it's that I want those notes to mean something. For example I posted a nocturne for the summer composition competition. It's fairly der
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by RonTuner @ Yesterday at 08:54 AM

Also, since all 4 of mine are the same temperament, (only stronger/weaker) to tune from one to another only needs the slightest adjustment... Ron Koval
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Well, I did it again... by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 08:54 AM

^^ Piano Commander?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday torquenale !!!! by UKIkarus @ Yesterday at 08:49 AM

Happy Birthday
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used piano buying choices by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:46 AM

*** Breaking News *** Choice 3: 2003 Kawai K-18EA in ebony for $3300.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday torquenale !!!! by torquenale @ Yesterday at 08:41 AM

Great card Carlos, thanks!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Marc-André Hamelin discusses Rachmaninoff by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Dwscamel EDIT: there was also a famous comment, not mentioned, by some critic whose name escapes me that Rach's music is the kind that 'any pianist could come up with sitting in his backyard'. Not sure how many would say that no
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: You & Your Piano by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:29 AM

About 25 years ago I starting taking piano lessons when my daughters were quite small using Alfred's. Bought a nice Kawai DP and took lessons for about 2 years. At that point my teacher moved away, I got stuck, the lessons stopped and the Kawai was s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday torquenale !!!! by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 08:26 AM

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Piano pictures by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 08:25 AM

Piano pictures
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!! by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:25 AM

Many happy returns of the day! Have lots of fun!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!! by torquenale @ Yesterday at 08:19 AM

Happy birthday! I already posted the same in AOTW thread, I'm using a smartphone and at first I missed this place!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Well, I did it again... by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:16 AM

Rick, one more purchase and I'm going to have to forward your name to Discovery Channel for that new series they have been discussing, Piano Hoarders!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by torquenale @ Yesterday at 08:14 AM

Happy birthday earlofmar! We have the same birthday day!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used piano buying choices by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:12 AM

Sorry I should have made my intentions clearer. This will be a practice piano to be used in our spare back bedroom. We are looking for a good piano at a low price. Our C2X ain't going nowhere
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Jon Page @ Yesterday at 08:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris LeslieOriginally Posted By: Jon PageUntil Ron Koval's temperaments surfaced, to introduce someone to WT's you'd use either the Moore or Broadwood's Best. That's funny. I'm sure there's been another guy here who develope
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 08:10 AM

Wow, Sam S! What an adventure! You are an hero! Looking forward to read your updates
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:08 AM

Glad to be of help! The good news is that the books are relatively cheap. The only issue that I have with Faber is that at the beginner level there are three different paths to choose, and these paths are not completely interchangeable using their
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Using Kawai MP6 faders/knobs with virtual instruments? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:05 AM

Originally Posted By: chicolomJames, which setup on the MP6 would be good for using it as an external midi controller? You can theoretically use any SETUP, provided you configure it correctly. Some SETUPs may work 'out of the box' for specific sound
Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
77 registered (ando, barbaram, aesop, Ben_NZ, barmassimo, 17 invisible), 1122 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156326 Topics
2295907 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
piano technician cost list
by ascc
08/01/14 01:36 AM
Liszt on Steinway A3
by Reno
08/01/14 01:35 AM
Roland RD800 initial impressions
by fizikisto
08/01/14 12:28 AM
Connected Slurs
by TX-Bluebonnet
08/01/14 12:17 AM
Recital 35 --- Call For Submissions
by AB Forum Recital
07/31/14 10:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission