Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by S. Phillips @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: beethoven986[quote=A443] Last year, a colleague and friend of mine replaced hammers on one of their university Ds (approx 25 years old) with pre-hung S&S hammers and shanks. This tech ultimately had to remove these hammers
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "B" Purchase Question by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Hello PianoDad, When you write that the piano's function would be as a "professional piano" does that imply you are scouting around for an instrument for an institution you are associated with (school, church, etc)? The focus on brand na
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Midi on Kawai DPs by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

Hello Bob, Thank you for the information. I'll pass this on to the R&D team. Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Midi on Kawai DPs by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Interesting. To my knowledge, the MIDI files with the method books only use one MIDI channel for the piano (both hands), so this feature must be something that they've added. My only guess is that they take all the notes below Middle C and make them
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Different Keys Without Playing Scales by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: earlofmar Just my two cents - the fingering encountered in repertoire is probably rarely the same fingering as used in the key scale. This is often used as an argument not to do scales, however by being proficient in all scales
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One note suddenly out of tune by BB Player @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: harpon there may be some elementary reading forums with some qualified professional teachers to guide you in correct reading comprehension.... Please lay off the insults and sarcasm. He clearly said it was advice you were f
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering a change by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Lots of things to consider, and I still have the year to figure it all out. Definitely if I teach at home I will have to rearrange some things, though, to make it more private feeling.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin experts: this is driving me nuts by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: FerdinandMark_C, as you conjectured, the version I am thinking of is completely different. Yes -- I'm not surprised, because I know you're always (yeah, I think literally always) pretty on-target. If you can easily find a reco
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

I think that Steinway has managed to remain a supply of parts for their pianos from so many eras has been one of the assets of the brand.
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Midi on Kawai DPs by bhmpower @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Thanks for your reply James. I think all their models. On the Yamahas the CLP and the CVPs and even PSR keyboards all have this option (some hard and some soft buttons). On Roland's (HP and other models) actually have hard buttons that allow you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

So sorry for being late to this party. I want to say that it is absolutely untrue that Steinway inflates the cost of its parts. We buy lots of them. If we are restoring a Steinway and choose parts from another supplier it is never because an alte
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: If you don't think Liszt is awesome... by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

On the subject of the awesomeness of Liszt, here is a lovely piece of his which is not particularly well-known to my knowledge. And here is something else, although this is partly Chopin's doing:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: If you don't think Liszt is awesome... by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: DamonOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistI wonder if the folks who put Liszt above Chopin and Schumann would also put him above Schubert, Brahms et al. This being PIANO world, I don't see anyone other than Chopin as even being
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks for all the replies! These online recitals are such a neat idea. I think anything Schumann is a bit out of reach, but the open seems like fun.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: If you don't think Liszt is awesome... by Damon @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: argerichfan (a) to make some folks aware of what I truly feel is a very neglected and profound piece of Liszt, and (b) an amazingly cogent performance by Lortie. It was everything I had always wished to hear when studying the sc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at 1914 Baldwin by JMN12 @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Thanks Everyone! I will check out the Chickering since it is a short drive. My focus still is on the Baldwin but I agree with MusicPassion and Beethoven- think they are asking too much. JM
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: If you don't think Liszt is awesome... by Damon @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistI wonder if the folks who put Liszt above Chopin and Schumann would also put him above Schubert, Brahms et al. This being PIANO world, I don't see anyone other than Chopin as even being in competition with his sta
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Bob Snyder @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Here is my quote from a couple of months ago - in response to some of the same folks making the same sort of comments then: "We have a recipe that includes the design, the materials, and the process. What we believe to be true is that all three
Originally Posted By: PhloxGood to know that a longer USB cable can give me troubles. That rules out DP's without a real Midi Port. I use this cable and have no problems. 16 foot USB It depends on the cable. Some are very cheap.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Guess I won't be going the French Suite No. 5 either Actually, I just realized no one signed up for Debussy's Estampes. I've done Soiree dans Grenade before so I could bring that back, and I really like Jardins. I like Pagodes too, but I'm just not
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at 1914 Baldwin by jdw @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

All depends on how it plays--a grand piano that plays really well for under $10,000 is a bargain IMO. When I was looking a couple of years ago, grands offered for under $5000 were not good, whatever their brand. I haven't had great experiences with
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch. by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes...Kawai in general is hard to find, and then to find an MP11 and a VPC1 side by side? Unlikely. I guess I could get a sense of the mechanics of it from some other digital piano with the same action installed. But
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Bob Snyder @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678Ok, there is at least one Steinway representative who reads this forum. He responded to one of my posts. What is the official response to these allegations? Is Steinway selling replacement parts at an artificially high
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Issue with chord inversions and left hand by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

earlofmar I do that a lot too. I used to wonder how blind players could manage big leaps without being able to look at the keyboard. It turns out that the answer to that question is "a lot of practice" lol.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 76, Capriccio in f-sharp minor: [Requested] by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

Thanks, Lizzy!
Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
148 registered (accordeur, A Guy, 36251, acortot, 44 invisible), 1386 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76037 Members
42 Forums
157217 Topics
2309123 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recognising Slash chords by ear
by Visalia
Today at 06:07 PM
Hammer blow distance, dynamic range, controllability
by prout
Today at 05:39 PM
Arrangers Comparable to Marilynn Ham Suggestions
by Hunt
Today at 04:13 PM
Bach well tempered clavier vs goldberg variations
by hag01
Today at 04:09 PM
Why are pianos measured by external dimensions?
by smrkdown
Today at 02:11 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission