Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

When I'm on the road, Jeff, I like a bit of driving music... Safe journey!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: TimR Fnding a good teacher who is a fit for the student is often difficult but ultimately that is the parent's job, not yours. And what qualifications does a parent have to enable him to select the next teacher who will contin
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The Best Choice ? by kapelli @ Yesterday at 11:37 AM

Farmgirl, The mp are stage pianos. So they are constructed to be used on stage, so thereis no need for them to have amps and speakers. They do not have any manufacturers-ready stand. The ca65 will cost you much cheapaer. To practice chamber music, y
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: NikolasBut a 10 year student - teacher relationship, is not a project... So... The 10 year student (assuming 10 years with (a) decent teacher(s) is on pretty safe ground. He will have a solid base in technique as well as musi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by TimR @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

I don't think you are obligated to find a teacher of equal ability for each student. Fnding a good teacher who is a fit for the student is often difficult but ultimately that is the parent's job, not yours. If you built that studio in 4 years, it i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Chopinís Ballade 1 by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 11:29 AM

Hi Paul, Originally Posted By: chopinoholicOriginally Posted By: zrtf90Starting next week at M208-216! That's some progression! Have you gone through everything up to this? No, I've done nothing worth the mention since 1984. I was going to start wit
Jump to new posts Re: Just got my MP11! by doremi @ Yesterday at 11:24 AM

The drawing looks wrong to me, in particular: hinge instead of key fulcrum, keyboard front-back reversed. I suggest you re-confirm things with Kawai support.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Consolation 3 and sustain pedal question by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: briandang"Play the music as written", but where in the score it says to use sostennuto?It doesn't say to use the sostenuto pedal but using it will allow you to play the music as it is scored, i.e. sustaining the D flat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Shabbat Shalom: Interesting way to think about it, and a good shabbos to you, too. I've run myself through the gamut this year, experimenting with just about everything, and also despairing when I lapse back into whatever it was I WAS doing if I do
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song requests? by Greener @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: kent2012 I bought/downloaded the song but youtube won't let me upload just an audio file. If you subscribe to box.com (it's free) you can upload the sound file there and provide link here. There are other facilities like it ..
Jump to new posts Re: The Best Choice ? by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

Hi guys. I am late in the discussion and a complete novice when it comes to digital. I am ready to purchase MP11 but have lots of silly questions. MP11 seems to be perfect because it has the most acoustic like actions like CA65 and cheaper, right?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand by BerndAB @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

There is an important sequence in life, it is named "Westphalian Trironman". Which should not be mixed up neither in error nor in will... Short version: tree - house - son. Elongated one: plant a tree - build a house - testify a son A
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand by kapelli @ Yesterday at 11:15 AM

It's one of the most stupid things you can do in your life. If you are stupid enough to buy it, but it. Your financial ( as well as other people here ) knowledge is zero. If you would have any bit of it, you would not ask this stupid questions, for w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Walters piano by Colleen05 @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

Thank you all so much for responding! Sir Lurksalot, hehehehehehe, you cracked me up. I'll definitely take the 's' off Walter if it means a discount. mahermusic, no, I haven't checked any prices but do love the furniture styles. Is the 152
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by AZ_Astro @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By: peterwsHere she is Astro . . .AND the music! Enjoy . . . Ha! Ah, yes. I see the inspiration now. And I heard a lot of your piece in hers. Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by R_B @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

Ahhh, we seem to be back to the skills, knowledge and experience of technicians. Is it the case that they can be trusted with felt, lacquer and needles - but with composite action parts - - not so much ? One man's innovation being another man's ti
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song requests? by kent2012 @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Thanks for your replies, TheodorN well yes the song is "Hope by Matthew L. Fisher" I bought/downloaded the song but youtube won't let me upload just an audio file. I think it's a beautiful piece and I would love to play it!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: R_BPersonally I would be more interested in research on hammer facings/coverings, i.e. where the VOICE is created. As far as the felt is concerned, there has been a great deal of discussion and the available choices are extensi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

But a 10 year student - teacher relationship, is not a project... So... Plus as with every project based work, one can quit with some penalties and restrictions some times (especially in the building industry and the software industry), but...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by Suzannah @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

Thank you everyone for your advice. I live in St. Croix Falls, WI, which is along the St. Croix River Valley in NW Wisconsin. I know there are other teachers in the area, but I know very little about them. One of the better teachers in the area
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!! by Sam S @ Yesterday at 10:47 AM

I don't want to argue, really. I do like Einaudi and Nyman and the other composers like them, they are just pretty far down the list of things I want to listen to. And it's the things that make their music unique that I don't like - the repetitivenes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Dale Fox @ Yesterday at 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: R_BOriginally Posted By: Minnesota MartyDoes anyone know if there has been any study of using a composite hammer core? I don't know, but that does seem like a subject worthy of a whole thread of its own. 3D printers could cre
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song requests? by Greener @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: kent2012 So it's agreed that it's most likely in Db? no its minor as DT has pointed out. So, if you want to work on this, suggested you play it (find an arrangement) in Am ... all whites. Instead of all blacks which will be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song requests? by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 10:41 AM

To your original question, kent2012, would you like to suggest a song, and see if anybody would like to learn it with you? If it happens to be a song I want to learn, I'm ready to join in with you. Then we can start a thread about it. There is such a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by mc_2 @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Millennium III is the name of Kawai's ABS/carbon-fibre composite action. From what I've read, it's been used in their RX pianos since 2004, while models from before 2004 have their previous-generation ABS action. Someone who has directly compared the
Page 18 of 24 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
101 registered (36251, AmateurBob, accordeur, Alux, 27 invisible), 1242 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153568 Topics
2250653 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Upright - Please help identify
by awyaks
Today at 01:00 AM
song i wrote. people in clubs love it
by jedplays
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Fazioli "factory tour" video.
by R_B
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
Piano Science
by venice1
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences?
by Marko in Boston
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission