Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
159 registered (A Guy, Al LaPorte, Alan Davis Jr, ajames, 45 invisible), 1626 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by Ishkabibble @ Yesterday at 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By bgilesOriginally Posted By Ishkabibble Very nice stand. do you have a link? Hi Ishkabibble It's a Bespeco BP 100T with the 2nd tier arms, then inverted (with a feet/cap swap) to accommodate a music desk. Unfortunately it may
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Stefan Abels playing one of Chopin's Trois Nouvelles Etudes by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

It is quite a plush interpretation and slower than what we usually hear which is why I am sharing it [and because I prefer this Etude on the slow side ]. This music is so great that it isn't easy to not enjoy it no matter what the tempo is. ht
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!! by Nahum @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

BTW - who is the source of this nonsense that learning music develop mathematical abilities?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading vs Memorizing by Dru Morgan @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

That's kind of what I thought, too. But, I've heard people here mention that they memorize a piece before moving on.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading vs Memorizing by dmd @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

Being able to play WHILE reading is such a valuable skill that I think you should stay with only that for as long as you can. Once you begin to memorize pieces, you may decide to stop developing your reading skills. I think that would be a shame.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to identify 41 key piano (Herrburger Brooks) by JustHarmony @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

Followed this thread from another forum to see what folks here had to say about this odd little piano. Sounds like for most practical purposes, it's pretty much useless and worthless. I woudn't give up entirely, though - I'd dust it off, clean it u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should one learn "easy" arrangements? by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By Groove OnI found this very useful for picking songs near my level. Graded Pieces Sorted By Difficulty (PDF) FULL LINK: http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/files/Graded_Pieces_Sorted_By_Difficulty.PDF I wouldn't really use that l
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!! by missbelle @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

There is a difference in counting note values and measures. Qtr Qtr Half-note or 1 1 1-2 or ta ta ta-aa is easier to follow than 1 2 3 4. And yes, then adding 3/4 or 2/4 time? Yikes! Rhythm must be felt. I learned Duckwo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

Memorised my next micro-piece. Nothing spectacular with harmonies in this piece...just some I,V,V7. Simple A-B structure. will spend another day on getting the teacher part fluent,and singing the student part at the same time. Another perfect candida
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Forum Would Render Technical Help Doctoring an Audio ? by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

Don't download, then. There are online file format changers that will upload your video and then present you with a link for download where you get an avi. I am sure there are other risks, but they're probably minimal. If you are unsure, you cou
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!! by Nahum @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By pianoman9If you don't think counting should be a part of learning to read music, they why not get rid of the time signatures?!? Those are numbers too! 4/4 time, 3/4 time, 2/4 time! All numbers to count! Don't underestimate
Jump to new posts Re: Strong Overtones on CP4 S6 Sound. by Alan Davis Jr @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

Yes. I'm positive I could capture this direct. I will do so. You can hear it the same through the headphones. That clip was recorded being played through a Bose L1C amp.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By TonyBI want Roland (Yamaha, Kawai, ...) to be around in 15 or 20 years, and able to repair my V-Grand (or RD-800 or LX-15, or ...). Wishful thinking! I wonder what Roland would say to me if I enquired about service, repair or
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Computer problems. Problems? by Jytte @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

The good thing about science and nature programs (both of which I really like) is, they usually show up on YouTube afterwards, AND in the original language (in this country everything gets dubbed in German, God forbid you should have to read). That's
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 3/3/15 by erichlof @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

Hi Dave, Good to hear that about KJ relaxing his silence policies. I too enjoy his live solo piano flights very much. Do you know if a recording or video of his recent concert will be available soon? Thanks!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Glenn Gould on Richard Strauss by pianoman9 @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By jeffreyjonesI love the Stimmungsbilder.. simple, heartfelt, naively honest music. But I'm glad he didn't compose like that for his entire career. Hmmm....not exactly my cup of tea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65UeHLmzCz
Jump to new posts Re: Strong Overtones on CP4 S6 Sound. by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Possible to get capture this direct?. Do you also hear it in headphones? Ambient noise in the room and other vibrations... Maybe the speakers or what the speakers are mounted on? Are a little distracting.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tulsa OK VS Boston MA by Larry Buck @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Karl, It is an August Forrester 170 with a Piano Disc in it. It is a very sweet piano with a strong fundamental tone for it's size. I like that is able to be resonant in an interesting way without over playing it. It does not want to be a "
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Fake "Pandora Selfridge concert pianist" discovered by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

That is odd, indeed. But the playing was not fake. It was just someone else. Sometimes it was dubbed, but often it was both the real video and the real playing, either cropped so only the feet were visible, or if the pianist had dark hair and her
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Computer problems. Problems? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

Most TV channels stimulate moronism. They even insert the laughs at appropriate places, so that one will know how to and won't need to do it oneself. I haven't had a TV since 1990...last century. Don't miss it...feel a relief not to be subjected to t
Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 16 17 18
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rosebud March - Scott Joplin - Pino Marvel visualization
by Erik BerikHerik
03/06/15 01:15 PM
kawai es 100 just purchased
by markiemark
03/06/15 12:08 PM
How would a PX-350 fare using VSTs during live play @ church
by Giancarlo Robles
03/06/15 12:07 PM
How Sheet Music Looks Before & After You Practice
by Piano World
03/06/15 11:19 AM
Full Force -The Story of a City, New York
by Dfrankjazz
03/06/15 10:55 AM
Forum Stats
78,429 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,141 Topics
2,380,543 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission