Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
158 registered (acortot, AldenH, 5019, accordeur, 40 invisible), 1663 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will Steinway really pay me to downgrade my Bösendorfer? by Rank Piano Amateur @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

It is very unlikely that the dealer would allow you to trade your Bosendorfer for any piano that has a lower price than your Bosendorfer. You would have to "trade up," something that seems very unlikely to happen given the two brands at is
Adult Beginners Forum
"What we have here, is a failure of communication" (I like movie quotes) I don't have any music
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How a pianist's 'touch' affects tone - NOT! by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By Michael Sayers[quote=prout]Here is a good example of how a pianist's control of key acceleration effects tone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-cPrIePZO4 And [not with that link] notice how in some of Josef Hofmann's live
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Here's another BBC interview, this time for the classical music station Radio 3, which was broadcast earlier today. There's a better clip of the piano's sound here: www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05w80j8 (from 38:00)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to identify 2 pieces by Works1 @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Bump, in case someone didn't see the first thread and may recognize the first and/or third piece. Also, any updates Kevin?
Adult Beginners Forum
somebody? link?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How a pianist's 'touch' affects tone - NOT! by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

I think all the recordings sound the same.
Adult Beginners Forum
CYCLE 3 [CLAIM CYCLE] Composer - Polyphonist 1 - Jytte (PENDING) 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - just wating for the link now.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Albunea @ Yesterday at 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By NikolasCycle 2 The initial version (by me) can be found here: http://picosong.com/jmUm/ CasItaly version can be found here: https://app.box.com/s/sp6z9mcbd2j51jl1j4m5xwwt5k32p64w The notes are correct... Impressive, Cycle 2!!!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Schick Yes, but that 48 note polyphony is a limitation of the internal sound generator of the piano itself. It won't affect the polyphony of any virtual pianos (or other instruments( that you might be using from within your DAW (which will be li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By casinitaly I had this thread on my watched list, but took it off - I was up to over 100 posts, and they were almost non-stop! Such enthusiasm is indeed fabulous but hard to keep up with and a bit more time consuming than I wish
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by MRC @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveThe cross-stringing allows for longer strings. Longer strings give a truer bass. That is my understanding. On a concert grand the difference in string length is minimal, even if the rim is identical, as you can see
Adult Beginners Forum
As Polyphonist does not seem to be here at the moment, maybe you, Keystring, would hand it over?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

go, Jytte!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

Absolutely. Better to indicate some idea of level at the outset for both fixed and claim threads. Perhaps the word 'claim' could be in large font, flashing red so there's no confusion.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Should a child begin his lessons on a digital piano? by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By BachusI dont think there are many upright acoustic pianos under 10k that can compete with a Kawai MP11, it got better keyfeel then most of them and several great piano sounds.. And top of all, your kids can excersise with a head
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How a pianist's 'touch' affects tone - NOT! by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By proutThis well-worn topic refuses to go away, in spite of overwhelming evidence that that the pianist cannot control the sound of a single note, except for the velocity of the keystroke, all other factors (use of una corda, susta
Adult Beginners Forum
If it's up for grabs again, I've got time now, and would like a go?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by keystring @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

I saw a post by Polyphonist offering to let me have a go at the next one. That's all I saw, so I responded. Now I see it's the "claim cycle" which I still don't understand fully. And whatever Nikolas wants to do, he can't do, because I ha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs kawai by Twindad @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

Congratulations on your new piano! In a similar fashion, I too bought a grand with some of my inheritance after my parents passed away last year, and it has been wonderful in every way. I can't help but think that they would love the fact that the
Adult Beginners Forum
Albunea, you can't go to bed any more, or you'll be totally left behind in this thread. I got up this morning to bing bing bing... pages of emails from this thread LOL
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

RonnieJ You'll likely get some advice that your best option is to get a good teacher. But of course, it can be hard to find a good teacher (not all piano teachers are good ones) and some people simply lack the funds or the time (sometimes peopl
Adult Beginners Forum
And Cheryl's point is good, there should be 'easier, harder...' levels (marked by composer) for different members to get into. A beginner in this field might like to try, but won't trust themselves to a difficult challenge. Others might want more of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs kawai by Mariedybeedy @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

I haven't been on this or many other websites this week as I've been enjoying the new piano too much? It's been played almost all day, everyday by somebody and the best part is watching my five children squabble over who gets to play it next! Maurus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Albunea @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By Jytte I'm not sure how much to say here, but I certainly did not get 8 bars. LOL I just started reading today's episode.
Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
things learned - thoughts - from the Whisper project
by keystring
05/28/15 10:58 AM
Aeolian Cable Piano
by 5019
05/28/15 10:29 AM
Barenboim-Maene Piano: Just Hype?
by Scriabin67
05/28/15 10:17 AM
What should I do now?
by Maximillyan
05/28/15 09:13 AM
Need help to choose from 1982 YUX and 1992 WX3
by babybearyan
05/28/15 09:10 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,447 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,399 Topics
2,411,607 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission