Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
129 registered (AmateurBob, A Guy, Almaviva, Al Quinn, ABC Vermonter, 31 invisible), 1288 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By SMHaleyOriginally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By GrandpianomanI see, thanks for the clarification.....perhaps that would work I don't see though, how an old brittle guitar is analogous to a grand piano, with its incredible a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By NikolasWell... If someone has the time to go through this (again). http://www.corentinboissier.net/Corentin_Boissier,_composer/6._Performed_Works.html Just check with the pianists who performed his music! Well, a couple of v
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Homage to Debussy: I. Introduzione by Michael Sayers @ Today at 02:02 AM

Hi Everyone, This little musical introduction is a modernistic composition. Up until the D Major/B minor key signature it is based on scales other than the traditional Major-minor ones. The Introduzione opens with an allusion to Debussy's La cathĂ
Pianist Corner
Well... If someone has the time to go through this (again). http://www.corentinboissier.net/Corentin_Boissier,_composer/6._Performed_Works.html Just check with the pianists who performed his music!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By mellie62Monsieur Boissier writes music that is very sophisticated and mature for someone having just turned 20. Some of those You Tube clips were apparently composed by him in 2009. That makes him just 14 at the time. If it l
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zj7GXDCik4&feature=youtu.be
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
This is part of a new work we just published, by Italian composer Andrea Granitzio. I will admit that I had never heard of Andrea before, but he approached me to publish his collection... for contemporary kids... I tried to persuade him that this m
Pianist Corner
The website has recording of his compositions. But are they real? http://www.corentinboissier.net/Corentin_Boissier,_composer/5._To_listen_to_my_compositions.html
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by JustHarmony @ Today at 01:47 AM

Well, that was an interesting listen. I liked it better than I expected to, I have to admit. The volume seemed a bit jacked up to me... this instrument seemed to have a range of close-to-fortes that I have never before heard on a clavichord of any v
Pianist Corner
Monsieur Boissier writes music that is very sophisticated and mature for someone having just turned 20. Some of those You Tube clips were apparently composed by him in 2009. That makes him just 14 at the time. If it looks like a sheep and smells
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: the .925 silver music rack on Liszt's Chickering by Michael Sayers @ Today at 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakesLooks just like the one on my piano! I, too, have one like it! I would share photos of it but gold doesn't photograph very well.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by Norbert @ Today at 01:44 AM

Aesop: You're 100% right, Thanks also for the offer - am honored! cheers, Norbert
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I've been using a Gibraltar drum rack as a stand for a Kawai VPC1 for the past few months. I have it adjusted down to 20 inches to fit my daughter and it would easily go much lower. It's rock solid, and can be easily broken down for transport. Here's
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Ariana Grande - Adore (NEW Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Today at 01:39 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DrUObpBSyo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Fake "Pandora Selfridge concert pianist" discovered by Michael Sayers @ Today at 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakesOh Pandora, how we miss you. I ultimately contacted the various artists whose music he/she'd ripped off or whose competition wins were co-opted. Later I saw the website was down so I figured the 15 minutes of fame
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording your practices by Charles Cohen @ Today at 01:34 AM

A suggestion: . . . Don't monitor your playing with Audacity. You won't be able to avoid the latency issues, I think. If you're running the DP's output into the computer, get a Y-cable for the DP, and run one of the sides to the computer, and the
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By backto_study_pianoStunning. Would it be usable to put music on, or more decorative? It doesn't look flat in the photo. And wide music could be a problem if the candles were lit. Or are the candles forward of the main stand so
Pianist Corner
He would probably not even be the first one who created a fictional character and then killed it.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakesIs that Beethoven's bust at the top in the zoomed-in picture? Who are the other two busts in the wider picture? It's hard to see. I presume that is Liszt in the engraving in the middle. (Edited to add: Aha. T
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By andoI think you should resize the photos. They don't really need to be such high resolution. People opening the thread on tablets, phones and expensive mobile data plans will be all be grateful! Quite right! Us non-users of por
Pianist Corner
Outo, that had certainly crossed my mind!! His facebook page doesn't reveal much and , quite frankly, this whole extravagant escapade is beyond bizarre. As Alice said in her Adventures in Wonderland, it's "Curiouser and Curiouser"
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 baldwin sd 10 concert grand by AZ_Astro @ Today at 01:07 AM

I think the Baldwin SD-10 is too much piano for a moderately sized house. It is likely to be very loud when you play it and the sound will permeate the entire household. But, with carpeting and other sound dampeners it might be fine. But do you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by Michael Sayers @ Today at 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By MarkarianThat was a fantastic post, though if we're talking about the late Romantic/Early Contemporary composers, like Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, and Scriabin, it's hard to imagine banging out Prelude in Gm on an 1830s Pleyel So
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by Michael Sayers @ Today at 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By wjcHello, My question is the size an the brand ideal for Chopin, Liszt, Schumman Etc. Thanks a sorry for my English. It has more to do with a pianist's personal preferences in piano sound and touch/feel than with the music.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there joy in playing only for yourself? by Whizbang @ Today at 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By earlofmar"resistance is futile" That never stopped Captain Picard!
Page 19 of 20 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingerings in the 1800s?
by InfiniteClouds
03/05/15 11:53 PM
Transition to wedding pianist
by Angela62213
03/05/15 08:39 PM
Is the Roland DP90e still available in the US?
by JEB NYC
03/05/15 08:22 PM
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - Hard Rock Piano - vkgoeswild
by Gi Dy
03/05/15 07:40 PM
Piano Cover Vendors Comparison
by iObsessed
03/05/15 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
78,418 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,123 Topics
2,380,326 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission