Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
You know I find books limited, for me on line videos are better...you can hear and see
Adult Beginners Forum
EnGee, For what it is worth, I love ear master pro. I think it is well worth the $50 or whatever. I still use it about 15 min every day to warm up my ear before I practice. Be advised, if you don't already have a great ear it can be REALLY f
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by tdv @ Yesterday at 08:19 AM

The writer of this ad should go into the business. It is the best written ad for a junk piano I have ever seen. :-) ********** "Behold the greatest piano your money can't buy! Imagine your home filled with the sweet sound of music spewing fort
Maybe think about band in the box software? This way you can hear what other real pianists are doing, in various styles almost instantly, you can slow it down, change key., loop a couple of bars, etc and emulate of course. I think you need to listen
Jump to new posts Re: Fascinating Restoration Video by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 08:18 AM

Jim, here is another question: Kudos to you for the great care that you are taking to make sure the bridge pin holes are centered and drilled straight. As you have described it, I see no reason why you would not have greater consistency and less li
Jump to new posts Re: Missing Pedal rods for Bramburg (1890-ish?) by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 08:17 AM

Pssssst! I can make you a set for $499.98 with free shipping.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:14 AM

Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I've been so worried about my mom going through this that I haven't really been allowing myself to grieve over losing my father. Now that I'm back home that process is beginning, but it will take a whi
Jump to new posts Re: Missing Pedal rods for Bramburg (1890-ish?) by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul678Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTI can make you up a set for about $500? Ok, so since the company appears to be long out of business, then making a custom set is the only way? Possible to find replacements on Eba
Jump to new posts Re: best non-traditional piano teachers online by ZeroZero @ Yesterday at 08:05 AM

BTW Willie has a sale on of his older videos in a bundle, about $99. There are some very good videos in these sets, he is dumping them from his site as the video tech was not so hot and it was his early stuff. Still marvellous really.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Spanner by UnrightTooner @ Yesterday at 08:03 AM

Spanner
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: earlofmarEach recital will usually have a clear winner, although I don't how we would solve a tie break I vote for a hot dog eating contest.
Jump to new posts Re: best non-traditional piano teachers online by ZeroZero @ Yesterday at 07:59 AM

Could not agree with you more Nickalette. I have the Sprunger stuff its very good in its way. Willie Myette is the best I have found, I have possibly 40 lessons sets covering stuff from melodic minor harmony to funk latin and blues. He's a very good
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N1 vs N2/N3 (TRS and keytops) by Pete14 @ Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Kona_V-PianoIt should be called "Force Feedback" or "Rumble Effect" instead of having the word "Sound" and "Board" involved. "The Resonator II"
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Mendelssohn Preludes & Fugues Op35 set complete by BachMach2 @ Yesterday at 07:48 AM

These are performed at 60-90% "average concert" speed. Number six is comparatively 'rough' due to lack of rehearsal. Deceptively difficult, I feel they are generally played too fast. By that I mean, though a fast performance (well crafted)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you identify the melody on a sheet of music? by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:45 AM

Melody is commonly in the upper notes, but not always. Listen to this recording of Sweet Dreams. At 0:46 the melody moves into the left hand. At 1:17 it's ambiguous as the LH starts to subside and the RH starts coming in. Then in the A' part (A B
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My fingers know what my brain has forgotten by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 07:44 AM

To add a bit to the discussion, I find that the more I practice the more my fingers take over, especially for the subtle parts. An example: If I am playing a broken chord in my left hand that is doing a kind of "one two three" waltz patter
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Piano by nirob @ Yesterday at 07:34 AM

I checked, it's legit... (Frank B.) The US Treasury Dept will be auctioning off an American limited edition art case concert grand piano, custom midnight blue lacquer with mother-of-pearl stars finish, by Steinway & Sons. Preview on Wed. 7/23 f
Jump to new posts Re: Really need help - stuck in a bad rut by ZeroZero @ Yesterday at 07:30 AM

I am with The Wind and others, don't see the point of transcribing complex stuff. When I play something seemingly very complex to me its made up of simple building blocks, you must know how to recognise these, create them at will. Although notation i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 07:28 AM

A father is irreplaceable...my thoughts and prayers are with you Morodiene.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 07:26 AM

Would love to hear a thread with the "greats" (i.e. Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Bach, Debussy and other proven talents) and listen to them advise each other. Any ideas on what it would sound like?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Interviewing Transfer Students by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By: outoIn a way yes, but of course being open in general does not mean that we haven't had moments when I question a lot (even on that first lesson) and I have had moments when I thought of quitting due to losing faith of EVER gett
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Roger Ransom @ Yesterday at 07:20 AM

And some people are just very impressed with themselves. They are not worthy of getting upset about. They actually come across as pretty silly.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11. Can't get sound right by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 07:15 AM

Originally Posted By: PatrickBlThey're all necessary. Of course, same as 'the shoes'.
Just an observation. I recently took to watching Steve Gadd Utube videos and fantasized that my keyboard was like his drum kit. Obviously its not, but you can fantasise that each octave is a p[articular drum, or the cybal is a particular trill etc. N
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 07:00 AM

I think some people in the pianist corner just like to check the thickness of the skin of the "visitors"... for some of them music is a job, for other is life and most of them ( listen to the recording ) play pretty damn good... and that pr
Page 19 of 22 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
What's Hot!!
U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Concert Grand
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
99 registered (AndrewJCW, angga888, accordeur, 31 invisible), 1394 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75487 Members
42 Forums
156079 Topics
2291977 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
4/4 measure in 3/4 time?
by caters
16 minutes 25 seconds ago
Mac mini for software pianos?
by Mta88
16 minutes 29 seconds ago
Installed an LX system on my Baldwin C
by SpectrumMan
Today at 12:04 AM
Join the false-beat revolution: get your wires straight!!!
by A443
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
What brand of solid string to use?
by Grandpianoman
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission