Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
100 registered (BeeceUK, Abby Pianoman, AlbertoA, agraffe, 36251, Adam107, 29 invisible), 1872 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Today at 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By Piano2138Thank you CarlosCC for your nice comments. Actually, as mentioned on this thread earlier, I also have a couple of years experience 25 years ago. Anyway, it's a really nice job
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Sibelius's piano music by Verbum mirabilis @ Today at 04:32 PM

Since today is Sibelius's 151th birthday I feel it's a good time to discuss his piano music. While the piano isn't exactly Sibelius's forte (pun intended), I (and many others) feel it is neglected without reason. Sibelius did write some opuses that c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by Piano2138 @ Today at 04:23 PM

Thank you CarlosCC for your nice comments. Actually, as mentioned on this thread earlier, I also have a couple of years experience 25 years ago.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by AZNpiano @ Today at 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbows Mom: she is very busy with college applications High school seniors can get crazy busy this time of the year; however, that does not excuse her for being absent minded or disorganized.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach Invention 13 BWV 784 by SonatainfSharp @ Today at 04:18 PM

Definitely 5 then 5 again there. No finger subs, no legato, 8ths should be detached in this piece. Finger technique back in this era was quite different from today. It wasn't unusual, for example, to use 4, 5, 4, 5, 4, 5, scale-wise when you run out
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By JohnSprung The Soviet Union is yesterday, gone about a quarter century. So, the book is quite old. What might it be missing? Perhaps the Taubman ideas? Nothing is as monolithic as it seems, or claims to be. Even within t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: fingering chopin etude op10 no4 by SonatainfSharp @ Today at 04:16 PM

Although there are fingering "rules", in the end, fingering is very personal and it's up to you, as long as the intended nuance remains and YOU DON'T HURT YOURSELF!! Which pianist was it who said that they never fingered music the same way
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scale Design by Del @ Today at 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By DelThose of us who are actually involved in the practice of designing scales consider the scale design to be somewhat more involved than this. And here things start to get a little fuzzy. Yes, the Brodmann 187 was derived from a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by Charles Cohen @ Today at 04:01 PM

Speaking as a (very) adult student: It's not likely that she'll change her behavior. So, assuming she continues to be late and un-practiced: . . . Do you get enough pleasure (and payment) out of teaching this student, . . . to make it worth yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SKIII or Yamaha CX3SH? by BLS30 @ Today at 04:00 PM

Thanks very much for your replies, I will revisit the SKIII this weekend with my wife, see if the magic (pianowise) is still there :-) The option of a separate digital is certainly interesting, maybe the dealer has a suggestion in that direction. Th
Adult Beginners Forum
If some of you are learning Spanish, you'll prefer this Bésame Mucho. The one above is Diana Krall, it seems.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I suspect entrenched dealerships, perhaps some tarifs due to the pianos being imported goods? There's a thread concerning the introduction of the new roland models that spans 60 or so pages, read some comments of people visiting dealerships and those
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Going through Alfred (or any method book) with a Teacher by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 03:50 PM

lakers4sho, have you spoken to your teacher about your concerns? Have you spoken to your teacher about your goals? I would think the teacher should be helping to choose the materials and topics to achieve the right balance, based on the student's g
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By laguna_greg Recordings can really get in the way of a student forming an opinion, if they are used incorrectly. They also interfere with the development of their ability to listen to themselves while they are playing, which is t
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by Mike A @ Today at 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By emeneltonI have no problem with the IV7 in blues but I just would ask that you consider that referencing standard I7-IV7 sections of songs and thinking that they are the same as the turn-arounds and vamps as discussed in Groove M
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorizers are the best at Ear by Albunea @ Today at 03:45 PM

I think I get it now, Sam! You simply hear PIANO music in your head. Of course... I've never. Maybe I can try. I've kept thinking before sending the post, and, really, this is something one needs to experience to really understand completely. But
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By JohnSprung The Soviet Union is yesterday, gone about a quarter century. So, the book is quite old. What might it be missing? Perhaps the Taubman ideas? When I look at the lady play and then watch some of the famous Sovie
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chickering serial numbers and models? by Greg Bennett @ Today at 03:38 PM

Hi SSkraly, My apologies for the slow response. Further apologies in that my interest in Chickering tapers off at around serial number 90,000 (give or take) corresponding to around year 1900 (give or take) as mentioned in an earlier post at the beg
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By GossFrom my own gadgetgeeking investigations and some searches and calls made I managed to find an Roland HP605 (b-stock) at 2000€ with adjustable stool to go with it. I had lessons as a child but having no piano at home ju
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by emenelton @ Today at 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By Mike A You seem troubled by Eb7 analyzing as IV7, rather than a V7 of something else, like bVII. But that's one of the characteristics of the blues. IV7 is dominant in form (likewise I7), but doesn't have the normal dominant
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tiny hands by Gary D. @ Today at 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoInsist on using 1-2-3-4-5 for five-finger patterns. Maybe you can spend some time with them writing out all the finger numbers in their pieces. Also, make sure they are reading intervallically. If they are really reading
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorizers are the best at Ear by Sam S @ Today at 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaOriginally Posted By Sam SWhen I memorize something, I know that if I cannot hear it play back in my head, I cannot play it. My teacher had me do an exercise where I slowed the piece down so much that it no longer sounded
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My Poor Man's Bosendorfer by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By TimeDoc the original is an applied metal applique Is there any trace on the fallboard of where the inlay was? If not, the wood may have been sanded down. As a watch maker, perhaps you'd be able to make one out of sheet brass
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginners: Strengthening the left hand by Gary D. @ Today at 03:31 PM

I haven't ever seen a left/right problem in beginners of any age re coordination. For all pianists hands specialize to some degree. No matter how hard you push equality between the hands the RH is going to get more passage work and the LH is going t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: GoPro for Piano Recording by prout @ Today at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By prout..., then the question is why video? .... In this case, it's because the OP already has a GoPro. He just wants to use it as an audio recorder. Well then, he should just record with it
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best Sheet Music Resources and How to Print
by greensam
12/08/16 06:50 PM
Help me!
by willo
12/08/16 05:03 PM
Sibelius's piano music
by Verbum mirabilis
12/08/16 04:32 PM
Tiny hands
by clarikeys
12/08/16 01:42 PM
R.I.P. - Greg Lake
by PianoManChuck
12/08/16 11:52 AM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,816 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,873 Topics
2,577,224 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission