Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (alexk3954, Al LaPorte, Abby Pianoman, Almaviva, Amosdoll, Amir, 35 invisible), 1338 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by Nikolas @ 55 minutes 55 seconds ago

Hem, A note that no matter how much I'd like to attend, I cannot, at the moment confirm anything. What I said is that my sister in law lives in Geneva, so there are chances, but that's about it... Sorry to dissapoint, but I'd hate for you to think
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by Pete14 @ 58 minutes 8 seconds ago

You could try partly blending Pianoteq with the CA97's on-board (lower register) sound. Since the CA97 allows for note-per-note volume edits, you can mute/lower the volume of all but the bass notes on the Kawai, so that only the CA97's bass notes ar
Jump to new posts Re: Finally upgraded: Roland FP4 to Roland RD800 by ando @ 58 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By suniilando: I'm agreeing with you in most circumstances, but she has toughen up by going through very hard life! Living in boarding houses age group ranging from 9-18 as family made her mature a lot. Until last year I scan throug
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoman9Originally Posted By NikolasI've said it before but... why is the age a factor on whether we like something or not? Every person grows older. If I am to listen to anything I'll listen because I like the sound, the perf
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Themed Recital Discussion Thread by Peyton @ Today at 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By torquenaleOriginally Posted By PeytonVerqueue, ... I would like to hear what you do with someone you understand and like! Just go to the Pianist Corner and listen to her Chopin: February 2015 PW Concert Program It was kin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in front of other people by Medden @ Today at 08:20 AM

I think 'stage fright' is a bit of a misnomer for this, to me it's more 'distracted playing'. Having someone watch or listen means my mind is wondering what they think, when I need all my focus on my playing. A simple solution is to to add distract
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By izalduOriginally Posted By Michael SayersHi Joe, I wasn't suggesting that Jasmine Weiss will be the second coming of Horowitz, rather that in general the earlier one gets technical objectives out of the way, the better. It is b
Jump to new posts Cash Registers, Computers, Pianos by McBuster @ Today at 08:11 AM

Here's a thought ... Long ago, far away, I worked for an American company that made "Electronic Cash Registers". Components included the power supply, mother board, memory, keyboard, printer, display and cash drawer. In essence, a comple
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha N1 Delivered!/First Impression by peterws @ Today at 08:09 AM

I tried one o` those last time I was in the piano shop. It was really good; dare I say, a mite better than my DGX . . But the bass was a tad quiet, as though you were listening to it from the privelidged front seats, instead of playing it! It`s go
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts piano quiz #4 by Michael Sayers @ Today at 08:09 AM

Anyone want to guess the identity of the piano? If I didn't know what it was then my chances of a correct guess for this one would only be about 1%. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ConIeiqwvg The reverb is the natural sound of the space.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by Celdor @ Today at 08:09 AM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaSome days I don't feel that I want to practice. Usually if I make myself it all goes wrong. Does this happen to anybody else? Do you force yourself and risk getting things wrong or do you just not bother. I am plea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by Medden @ Today at 08:07 AM

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserThis might not come out the same on an acoustic grand piano. But one thing that is for sure after working on this, is that my upright cannot do this justice whatsoever. Interesting point. Does anyone have Pianoteq
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Saranoya The other day, I was playing HWV 437 on my grandparents' piano. My grandfather mentioned that he likes that kind of music a lot, and told my grandmother in passing that "she should play things like that".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by Medden @ Today at 07:56 AM

I read once on here that you should sit down at your piano for a minute or two, and if the enthusiasm to practice doesn't arrive, shut the lid and go do something else instead. Taking away the pressure that you 'must' practice will stop it becoming a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Obsession by Perri Knize by Moonsh1ne @ Today at 07:53 AM

Sorry, resurrecting an old(er) thread to be sure. But I bought my piano from George @ Altenburg's earlier this year and it looks like he hasn't changed in the last 15 years at all
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Preparatory Exercise for Blind Octaves No. 2 by Sayers ;-) by Michael Sayers @ Today at 07:52 AM

Hi Everyone, This composition is played entirely with the thumbs, including the final measures. The score can be viewed here: http://www.michaelsayers.com/preparatoryexerciseforblindoctavesno2.html The reverb is the natural sound at Västerha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by malkin @ Today at 07:50 AM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI do find Chocolate helps. That much is certain. I haven't felt "it all goes wrong." I think my practice is more like a normal curve: sometimes this end, sometimes that end, mostly like the big bump in
Adult Beginners Forum
Good to hear of your health and piano resurrection, Ron. Welcome home!
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by dire tonic @ Today at 07:16 AM

Are you saying that Philip's Garritan performances remained unconvincing for that fussy 0.02% (or whatever it was deemed to be) only because the sound and production were too good?
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by TonyB @ Today at 07:10 AM

I think the way to conduct such a test would be to have an acoustic piano and a digital piano in the same room, maybe behind some partition made of material that minimizes loss of sound. The reason is that if you are comparing a recording of a digit
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard Classics - "Is Your Soundboard Healthy?" by Rich Galassini @ Today at 07:08 AM

Bassano, I like the illustrations and it does cover the function of a soundboard in an easy to understand way. Thank you for sharing. Just curious, but when was this magazine published?
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Bellicapelli @ Today at 07:05 AM

Originally Posted By jimb100 I would have thought enough blind 'tests' have been conducted using "discerning players", beginner, moms, housewives, doctors, lawyers and Indian Chiefs to have resolved this issue. How many threads titled &quo
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Dave Frank - jazz teaching with humor by Nahum @ Today at 06:48 AM

I've already looked at alot of video lessons of Dave Frank ,and decided to turn to him with а open request: Dave simply must devote one of future lessons to a sense of humor in jazz, jazz improvisation and jazz teaching. I am more than sure that D
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by Peter K. Mose @ Today at 06:46 AM

Only you know what "it all goes wrong" means. In the bigger picture what matters is that you are spending time at a piano making music.
Jump to new posts Re: A Fun Voice - "Toy Piano" by Marko in Boston @ Today at 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesI should point out that this voice does not employ 88-key sampling. Love it!!
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
George Kolasis adds Mason & Hamlin among his top picks
by Chewbacca
03/27/15 08:48 AM
Roland BK-7m auto-accompaniment chord recognition features?
by fizikisto
03/27/15 08:36 AM
Cash Registers, Computers, Pianos
by McBuster
03/27/15 08:11 AM
piano quiz #4
by Michael Sayers
03/27/15 08:09 AM
Dave Frank - jazz teaching with humor
by Nahum
03/27/15 06:48 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,662 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,745 Topics
2,388,932 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission