Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
123 registered (AndrewJCW, ando, alerique, agraffe, accordeur, 29 invisible), 1603 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Yamaha YDP-S52 by Fer De Armas @ Today at 06:22 PM

Hi, i hope your daughter enjoy it a lot... and what about key action in both DP's?, how compare this feature in both units?... Cheers!.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Hi everyone! I have been lurking here for the past few weeks and figured it was time to come out of the shadows. I started playing again recently after about a 16 year hiatus. Mostly the hiatus was because of kids, job, grad school. I had forgotten
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Yamaha YDP-S52 by magnil @ Today at 05:59 PM

Yes, we bought the F-140R. Happy with it, especially Bluetooth midi and line in input. Like the sound with headphones but it could definitely be better with the speakers, maybe the Yamaha had a little better sound with speakers. One other thing I thi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by jdott @ Today at 05:58 PM

PM7: Statements such as your "pop is not equal to classical music in any way, and it is out of question that at least it is way easier to make and perform pop music, therefore listener should be aware that it's nothing special, as well as anyon
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Can't find information on Kimball piano by cowgirl524 @ Today at 05:56 PM

Hello, I'm new! I got a Kimball baby grand piano for free this week, and I'm really excited about it! It seems to be in relatively good shape, but needs tuning of course. I've been trying to search for what year it is using the serial number, but I a
Pianist Corner
I'd be happy to try to answer some of your questions, but "the 3rd one under Sgambati" was of no help to me in trying to find the score you are talking about. There are a number of excerpts from the operas of Gluck transcribed for piano, b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to make a Piano less Loud? by Moose776 @ Today at 05:49 PM

Well you can see where the strings hit, like there's a bit of an indentation. Is that something serious? I really don't know, this is my first piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
BSW I'm sure your musicality will come along as you study more and more with your new teacher. My teacher has stressed being musical ever since I started with her. But my teacher always, always, always sounds so much better than my playing even aft
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts cole porter bulldog song from yale by ihavetubes @ Today at 05:39 PM

Anyone know where I can find the sheet music for this song?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas by BruceD @ Today at 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiThese threads are interesting because, despite a tendency for those posting to simply cheerlead for what they happen to own , a collective wisdom emerges reflecting recent scholarship, teacher/player preferences, and/o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by ihavetubes @ Today at 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By sam abdelHello fellow Pianoworld peeps. I had a piano as a child from age 5-25. Never had formal classes. Taught myself here and there. Nothing serious. in my teens learned fur elise and pop music that I would buy from the mus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is what I am doing beneficial? by JohnSprung @ Today at 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By dogpersonI'm surprised by your statement that you don't hear much new to you that you want to play... other than Big Band, what are your interests? It's because I've been a commuter in LA most of my life. I've pretty much
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Student not ready for exam by Arghhh @ Today at 05:31 PM

I have a student who has been preparing this year for her Gr. 8 RCM exam. It is her choice to do this. At the beginning of the year I set out a timeline for when things need to be finished in order to be allowed to register. But, she wasn't practi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Estonia ... by BruceD @ Today at 05:30 PM

John: If you're talking about my "style" of playing popular music, I have never had any specific training in that genre, nor have I had any training in theory, harmony or keyboard harmony. My only training has been in classical piano wher
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How does this piano sound? by JLmac @ Today at 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By BosendorffOriginally Posted By JLmacSo this is something that can be done with tuning technique, and not a sign that the strings or pins or whatever needs some sort of replacement or repair? Hard to tell without being at work on
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By shirlkirstenMore of a close-up of the 1911. ..It's hard to believe that no work was done on this piano.. the last tech in an appraisal said Original strings and hammers.. Greetings, It sounds like the original dampers ar
Jump to new posts Re: A pin block question by Ed Foote @ Today at 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By ThermodogI my tuner says that the tuning pins on the low strings (the single string notes) are loose. He suggested that the piano should be laid on its back and have cyanoacrylate poured in the pins to tighten them up. I called
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to remove a hammer butt? by BenP @ Today at 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By WeiyanOriginally Posted By BenPA couple drops of vinegar will also do wonders loosening up hide glue. In fact, if you're replacing the butt anyway (which it sounds like you are), you can soak that whole end of the hammer shaft in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 145 progression by Farmerjones @ Today at 05:17 PM

As others have mentioned, familiarize yourself with how a minor chord interacts within a major key. The music is made by the timely transition from one chord to the next. So it behooves one to have a "model" song one can listen to and try
Piano Teachers Forum
INBoston, in all honesty, I am interested in seeing a response to what I wrote addressing your questions the first time round - but this time after you take the time to consider what I wrote. It may also be helpful to you. I am aware of both sides
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kosenko, Poem Legend, Op. 12, No. 1 in Em by RachFan @ Today at 05:15 PM

Hi Heather, I'm glad you were able to hear this piece. An early playing of the work appears on an old record (at YouTube I think), probably 1940ish, and was even faster than my tempo. There are a lot of ornaments in there too. If the tempo were to b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Estonia ... by JohnSprung @ Today at 05:15 PM

Bruce, musically you're where I want to be. How did you get there? TIA for any advice....
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by primdaisy @ Today at 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By dogpersonBe careful that 'How Far Can I Go' does not lead to 'I'm Not Getting There' or 'I'm Not Getting There Fast Enough': these last two are killers of motivation and lead many to quit. As adults we have a lot going for us, b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by Rod Verhnjak @ Today at 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By DrewBone , or you get inbetween norbert and Rod engaged in a Steigerman induced pursefight on the check out line at Safeway... LOL!!! Regards, Andy LOL Nice rides!!
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Yamaha YDP-S52 by CaptainMusic @ Today at 05:11 PM

The decision should be your daughters. Both companies make fine instruments. Yamaha is a piano company, they represent high standards worldwide for pianos. I had a chance to play the Roland F140. It's good, but I felt that the tone was a bit unna
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 2/9/14
by Dfrankjazz
02/10/16 07:27 PM
Introduction and Question about recording video/audio
by Jen Weir
02/10/16 06:01 PM
Can't find information on Kimball piano
by cowgirl524
02/10/16 05:56 PM
cole porter bulldog song from yale
by ihavetubes
02/10/16 05:39 PM
Student not ready for exam
by Arghhh
02/10/16 05:31 PM
Forum Stats
82,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,397 Topics
2,494,055 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission