Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 08:33 AM

I agree. Lucas should commended on his progress but in my opinion as an RPT, I would not recommend he attempt the exam. I believe the unisons would not pass. As for your ranting at A443 Bill, I find it distasteful.
Jump to new posts Re: Pin block not contacting plate flange by WilliamTruitt @ Today at 08:30 AM

Bob, you have not identified the make of piano. The question I have here is whether or not it has plate bushings for the tuning pins. Pianos like Yamaha and Kawai (like many pianos)have plate bushings, and they argue that a pinblock does not needed
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by DameMyra @ Today at 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: argerichfanOriginally Posted By: DameMyraI'm not sure why everyone doesn't know this. Well you are quick! I wrote a lengthy Aesthetics paper on the variations in question, so it came to me immediately.
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's Technician by RonTuner @ Today at 08:16 AM

So we are to believe that because there was a system for tuning ET, that technicians actually achieved ET on pianos of the day? How about now? Is there any such system in place? Are there better checks and balances to make achieving ET more like
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by casinitaly @ Today at 08:14 AM

Originally Posted By: TrapperJohnOriginally Posted By: casinitaly 25. TrapperJohn - The Phantom of the Opera (from "The Phantom of the Opera") ... Brilliantly done. You should be justifiably proud of your performance - this is a real gem.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Enjoyable performance! I liked your interpretation of the movement a lot. I'm still working on it myself and I have a lot to learn from the way you did it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by TrapperJohn @ Today at 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By: casinitaly 25. TrapperJohn - The Phantom of the Opera (from "The Phantom of the Opera") ... Brilliantly done. You should be justifiably proud of your performance - this is a real gem. I'm blown away. Thanks Cheryl
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Hi Thomas - thanks. Really I just want a simple solution so I can record my piano music once in a while. I have an ASUS Ultrabook, Series S56C, Intel Core i5-3371U CPU @1.70GHz 64bit Operating system, x64-based processor. I use Windows 8.1 as my ope
Piano Forum
My wife and I recently bought a used 2001 Yamaha M-500 from our local RPT for roughly $2K. We have had this piano in our home for almost a month, and are quite pleased with it. Looking back this would have been the perfect starter piano for us, rat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ok now what do I do? by BrianDX @ Today at 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: PianoStudent88Originally Posted By: BrianDXAlso, she gave me several exercises to help with my thumb going under properly, so that I can start to play this passage more smoothly and consistently. This is fantastic! Just the so
Piano Forum
Ohhhhhhh...now the discussion gets really interesting; thanks, Ed McMorrow, RPT [and Del]!!! All of the awesome/amazing musical properties that I love about floating bridges, less soundboard compression, colour unison, etc. are great for intimate sp
If you just want to record some stuff for fun an external interface might be overkill. If you post the exact specs of your new computer (brand, model, etc.) we can surely help to identify what you need to record. Thomas
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ Today at 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTNobody knows who you are and yo have never posted a recording of a piano that you have tuned.It will be yet a month before I can finish-up my work here in Europe to make it back to the US, but when I do, I will h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by chopin_r_us @ Today at 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Roland The Beagle because it appears that nature is full of wondrous patterns and mathematical laws. appears being the operative word here. I don't subscribe to the view myself.
Jump to new posts Re: How do I record my piano in Audacity? by Thomas B @ Today at 06:59 AM

Hi Mawliet, I would definitely recommend to set up the Scarlett instead of fiddling around with the laptop input. Follow the instructions outlined in the Focusrite manual to install the driver: 2i2 downloads at Focusrite. You should then be able
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear training - what is it? by chopin_r_us @ Today at 06:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Roland The Beagle The next kind of ear training is theoretical. This is where the conscious mind (and some would say left-brain) starts getting involved. The largest part of this is starting to give labels and structure to wh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear training - what is it? by wr @ Today at 06:34 AM

Ear training, labeled as such, was part of my college theory course. It consisted of being trained to recognize intervals, scales, chords, and some basic harmonic progressions. How it functions in my technique isn't something I've thought about ver
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:30 AM

Originally Posted By: 89grandHi. Thanks for your reply. The piano was given to me, the only cost I had was the cost of moving it and the cost of my technician's assessment. The previous owner did not want to spend money for maintenance, eg replacin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by WilliamTruitt @ Today at 06:25 AM

Hi Phacke: Let me address your thoughtful questions. First, let me make a correction. I had read from the wrong cell for the speaking length yesterday - the correct speaking length is 1477 mm. The calculations arrived at were based on that stable
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: GrandmanWell, according to Robert Estrin, in Europe, if the soundboard of a piano is replaced, it is no longer the same piano and one is not allowed to use the name on the fallboard. He draws the analogy to replacing the wood to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Grandman @ Today at 06:10 AM

Well, according to Robert Estrin, in Europe, if the soundboard of a piano is replaced, legally you can no no longer use the original manufacturer's name on the piano because it is no longer considered the same piano. He draws the analogy to replacing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by casinitaly @ Today at 06:03 AM

I've just spent a very pleasant morning listening to the third set - what a great way to start the day! 21. outo - Souvenir op 99 nr 3 What an intriguing piece - it sounds like it is telling a story - and "Souvenire" is after all "re
Thanks Ron. Yes, the Manhattan is cheap, I was just trying to get a verification on my understanding of what it was. I had a look at the 2 brands you mentioned on Amazon and they are both cost significantly more than I feel comfortable with spending
Be carful when buying an adapter. That Manhattan is cheap. See the reviews. Behringer is known for not the best quality. If you want to keep price down and quality. I've heard good things about the Focusrites. I have a Pre Sonus Audiobox USB adap
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does it get easier? by bennevis @ Today at 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Francisco Scalco Have you guys actually been fully satisfied with yourselves at one point or another? I mean, have you actually, when recorded something, thought "ok I like this. I have no problems with posting this on the
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
123 registered (anotherscott, 36251, AndrewJCW, 35 invisible), 1368 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76001 Members
42 Forums
157156 Topics
2308147 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rusty strings- a silly question?
by PhilipInChina
Today at 08:59 AM
Yamaha "reconditioned in Japan"
by NanatoFour
Today at 08:44 AM
New start - wish me good luck:)
by FarmGirl
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Automatic Piano Players...
by tksler
Yesterday at 10:33 PM
No one home?
by ScottM
Yesterday at 08:05 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission