Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for alternative repertoire for 8th grader? by PianogrlNW @ Yesterday at 10:33 PM

EZpiano: I like your suggestion of allocating a portion of time to pieces my daughter connects with. Her teacher has been amenable to that (pieces from anime!) and maybe this needs to continue. At this point it's more important to not turn her off to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by SoundThumb @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

So sorry to hear this. I always had great respect for his opinions and posts. SoundThumb
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by angga888 @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: sirwormsalotThanks for the input guys. I will be buying a C3X soon (hopefully before Christmas!). I played C3x in the showroom and it is absolutely an excellent instrument. You won't go wrong with your decision, congratulation
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First pianolesson in thirty years by zillybug @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Peter, I went back to lessons at 65 after 45 years almost 4 years ago. Yes at first I was both excited and nervous. I got very little sleep the night before my first lesson. I am so glad that I did start taking lessons again. It took some time before
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1983 Hamburg Steinway A by angga888 @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

Hamburg Steinway commands higher resale price especially in USA, because of its rarity. Quality wise, I am sure the newer NY Steinway has been catching up with the Hamburg counterparts, so for that amount of money, you could consider recent-model NY
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by angga888 @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

What a beautiful pics ! I always like Kawai's tone and touch.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital to replace a Boston GP with? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenFunny that nobody mentioned the Roland V-Piano Grand. . Charles It's the size of a baby grand (5 ft) and weighs 375 lb, which is just what the OP doesn't want - a grand........ But I'd recommend the V-Pian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First pianolesson in thirty years by Barry1963 @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

very good for you !! I hope to take a few lessons in the spring. Congrats !!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt - La Leggierezza by Damon @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: argerichfanSorry, CanCakmur, to hijack the thread! Hopefully the activity will get him a few more listens, though why anyone would skip one of Cans' posts is beyond me. Originally Posted By: argerichfan (Who is playing, BTW?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonathan Baker I grew up playing an 1887 Steinway B - a truly majestic instrument with a bronze-like singing tone - and it 'spoiled me' because every piano I play is naturally measured against that magnificent sound, and not
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: rare 1875 Steinway concert grand by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: KlavimaniacSo you would stay away (for technical reasons?) from all of them even if you liked their sound for certain composers? Which among these pre-D models is the best? ( As mentioned I already own a modern C and L and have
Jump to new posts Re: Roland 300GX. Advice please. by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonGot to say that Kurz sounds very nice and rock solid build BUT they really should address the action. It's ok, sort of a GHS-ish kind of light peculiar action. Not bad by any means, but deserves better on a nice D
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: DameMyraA friend posted the following to my FB page. Well worth reading and it touches on many of the wonderful points already made on this thread; http://www.newrepublic.com/article/114221/orchestras-crisis-outreach-ruining-th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Music Me @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

We are the ones left to suffer. I will always remember him for his wit, for making me laugh whenever I read his posts. Marty, thats the best way for me to honor you. Rich, thank you for letting us know.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by Axtremus @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Well, here are my first two bars: With the pickup, I figure my two bar quota runs out somewhere alone that red line. Feel free to ignore/change the expressive text and/or the tempo markings if you want to take it into a different direction. Tak
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Green guitar comping. by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

PaulH, I missed the part of your sig where I see you're in Kent. Which means visit Hurstwood Farms Piano in Seven Oaks if you can. It's a wonderful–actually AMAZING–piano shop and it's where I found my piano. .... just keep at your explorations and
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital to replace a Boston GP with? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Funny that nobody mentioned the Roland V-Piano Grand. . Charles
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Chopin insisted his pupils practice only on the finest pianos (specifically, a Pleyel). Of course, most of his pupils were rich aristocrats so money was not an issue. But he knew that practicing on great instruments makes us better pianists; we hear
Pianist Corner
may i ask which conservatory is this ?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: SiFiOriginally Posted By: Mark_CBe ready to see links to some 19th century performances, or of him himself rolling chords. I saw his You Tube video on the subject and commented on it. About 20 to 25 years ago I read up heavil
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

I am shocked at the suddenness of Marty's passing since he notified us only very recently. Condolences to his family and loved ones.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for alternative repertoire for 8th grader? by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

There is an Alexandra Louie piece in the RCM Repertoire for Grade 6, called "Distant Star". Here's a mediocre recording of it: Distant Star I've also seen a piece by Nakada in a different grade, so I know these types of pieces are pos
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

On those rare occasions when I get to play on a grand piano, I know they they pale in comparison to when I've had the chance to play on a grand piano in a setting such as the one you described. Some of the most inspiring moments in my life were when
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by David Farley @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Not exactly what he's looking for, but this nifty thing popped up on another forum the other day. http://www.midiconcepts.com/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Essex EGP-155C vs Hailun HG 161 by Emissary52 @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

Paleostudent - Before you make your decision, I suggest you try a Ritmuller GH160R and a GH170R. Ritmuller and Essex pianos are both made by Pearl River. The Essex and Ritmuller pianos sound much nicer than the equivalent-sized models in the Pearl Ri
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This is punny
by Tango Vic
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano.
by TwoSnowflakes
Yesterday at 08:07 PM
Mixer for live-use
by Auver
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
Question on Kawai CA65 functions
by ColinDS
Yesterday at 04:30 PM
40 year old self-taught in love with Bach - What to do?
by pinkfloydhomer
Yesterday at 04:23 PM
Who's Online
88 registered (Auntie Lynn, accordeur, Anticlock, AmateurBob, angga888, 26 invisible), 1250 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76591 Members
42 Forums
158373 Topics
2325546 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission