Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
142 registered (accordeur, Albunea, AndrewJCW, A Guy, Anne'sson, Alexander Borro, 31 invisible), 1804 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Models not in Piano Buyer by Ed A. Hall @ Today at 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By Rickster Good question, Kurt. In fact, it seems to me that anything currently "Baldwin" is somewhat of a mystery, except the last of the Baldwins out of the US factories pre-Gibson. We've been told they are trash plag
Pianist Corner
Stephen Hough will be playing Saint Saens 5th "The Egyptian" tonight and tomorrow at Jones Hall in Houston. Believe it or not Hough played this same concerto the last time he was here about 4 years ago. It was fabulous then and I assume it
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
There are some things which are more valuable left alone as a historical artifact than restored. You should decide whether this one is.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Well, this question is not particularly easy to answer. First, to rule out any other external issues, make sure you're running just Kontakt (or the DAW you're using) in the system. Disable automatic Windows Updates, these tend to cause a lot of audi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Models not in Piano Buyer by Steve Cohen @ Today at 03:27 PM

The Baldwin Artist grands have not been in production for a few years. this includes all U.S. production. They were listed in prior editions since many dealers still had them in stock. The "new versions" of the R,M, and L are the BP165, B
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Have you changed your "platform manner"? by bennevis @ Today at 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgott...... what I've taken from them is to cut down on movements that I don't know I'm making. The more self-aware I am about it the more I realize that upper body movement actually distracts to me on a level I wasn't aware
Wow, looks somewhat similar to my Chickering 33b from underneath. However, plate design is different and yours doesn't have plate port holes nor the model number cast into the plate. Also, the dampers appear below the strings on yours. This one ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by neciebugs @ Today at 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By RerunOriginally Posted By neciebugsOriginally Posted By Rerun ... I reallly like that painting/musical theme over the fireplace. Good color and good use of lights and darks. I commissioned an artist friend of mine. I love it n
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Updated Mozart: Rondo Alla Turca by boogiewoogie123 @ Today at 03:03 PM

yes you are definitely right about that. I should definitely make them softer and make them 8th notes.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need teachers opinion by keystring @ Today at 02:58 PM

This looks like a kind of crowdsourcing, and the site itself seems to be for any kind of topic. As I understand it, students would be looking at ideas posted by anybody who has tried to learn to play the piano. I wonder how teachers feel about thei
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Assessing the difficulty of potential repertoire..... by pianoloverus @ Today at 02:57 PM

For the future, if you think some pieces are too difficult but your teacher thinks differently, I would discuss why you think the pieces are too difficult with your teacher to get more specific feedback.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by raubucho @ Today at 02:47 PM

Hey, everybody. I hope you are all doing well. I have not returned to my Faber books yet, as, I still have a couple weeks of class which uses the Alfred's. These last couple of weeks will require me to complete two more songs from that book, a new p
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Need teachers opinion by D1N @ Today at 02:46 PM

Hi everyone, I was learning a lot in the last 3 years about productivity and self learning in order to create a new kind of application named eXtrigo, but no matter how many researches and graphs I saw there’s nothing like real experience from real
Jump to new posts Re: Updated Mozart: Rondo Alla Turca by pianoloverus @ Today at 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By boogiewoogie123 in my score it doesn't say to play the first C and the E staccato. I listened to multiple pianists play it and some play it with staccato, some play without. Personally I like it better without staccato. If you do
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Menuet 116 JS Bach Study -- by piano_primo_1 @ Today at 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By Qazsedcft Way too many ornaments. I 'm sure you meant musically, but what about the chandeliers? -and mirrors? Could you imagine having to polish those? WOW!!!
Jump to new posts Chickering grand; under-damper with multipart plate by Craig Hair @ Today at 02:41 PM

I am hoping that more learned parties might help me zero in on a production date for this piano. It is twice curious; as you see. The number 7681 can be just made out, along with an illegible name, on the side of the first key. Thank you
Hey all - This was a few minute improv session just to work through some creative ideas on the fly. It's more of a meditative thing for me, but always looking for seeds of critique to make to overall experience deeper. Enjoy, and feel free to commen
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Me playing Ravel, would appreciate feedback! by MrAdam134 @ Today at 02:38 PM

Interesting comment! Although also amusing, as another pianist friend of mine just listened and told me I need to bring out the melody more!
Jump to new posts "Pianist" Digital Piano Guide 2016 by bennevis @ Today at 02:35 PM

As most people here won't have heard of this bimonthly British magazine, may I recommend the current issue (December 2015 - January 2016, issue No.87) which may be of interest to DP users & purchasers. It comes with a 32-page booklet called Pian
Jump to new posts Re: Audio dropouts... Ok but, who is guilty in my system? by Alexander Borro @ Today at 02:34 PM

Something else. Make sure any energy saving features are disabled. Another issue, if the disk idles a lot, and not being used because most of the stuff is in RAM can be managed fine that way, the disk will go to sleep, and then suddenly needs to
Piano Forum
On a related note (so to speak), does anyone have a current recommendation for an acceptable consumer-grade hygrometer? My old Bionaire model died a long time ago. I know from searching PW forums that nothing short of scientific-grade hygrometers (
Pianist Corner
I do want to improve my general technique so that music will not always be beyond my grasp..otherwise why take lessons? I could just reasonably play some particular styles at a fixed level of where I am now, and be content. I am currently working
Piano Forum
Kins, good points about the design of the Essick vs. the old Bionaire W6 I have - yes, those tank caps are nerve-wracking. The one thing that still appeals me about the Venta is the lack of wicks to change and greater ease of cleaning, but perhaps th
Jump to new posts Re: Sennheiser HD598 on sale for $95 by Possum SP280Krome @ Today at 02:25 PM

sold out now! Thanks to the OP for posting- was able to get in on this last night
Jump to new posts Re: Fatar TP40 Wood vs Kawai RM3II vs Yamaha NW vs Roland PHA50 by Possum SP280Krome @ Today at 02:23 PM

Hello Marko, I have been playing the RHIII for 3 days now and it is really comfortable and gives a nice response back. Probably the best action I have owned since my Fatar Studio 900's- which was a similar action used in the long running Kurzweil PC8
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
playing music benefits your brain the most!
by Keith D Kerman
11/28/15 04:18 PM
Q: Piano Pedagogy. Learning piano vs. Learning a song.
by bananasushi
11/28/15 03:53 PM
Saint Saens Piano Concerto 5 in Houston tonight and tomorrow
by John Pels
11/28/15 03:44 PM
Need teachers opinion
by D1N
11/28/15 02:46 PM
Chickering grand; under-damper with multipart plate
by Craig Hair
11/28/15 02:41 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,577 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,636 Topics
2,470,489 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission