Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
118 registered (Almar, aluk, Almaviva, accordeur, alwatson, 29 invisible), 2251 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
WallK, welcome to the forum! Cheers, James x
Hello Scott, welcome to the forum. Just to flesh out your digital piano list a little more, I would suggest the following models offer the most realistic (i.e. acoustic piano-like) keybeds available: Non-portable, with speakers - Yamaha AvantGrand
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's the piano in today's society??? by Lakeviewsteve @ Today at 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By huaidongximany of the 'baby boomers' (born 1944-1964) had inexpensive piano lessons from what we would now call 'semi professional' instructors -- educators or 'church ladies' whose main source of income was not teaching piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Studiologic Numa Compact 2 by sullivang @ Today at 07:11 PM

How does the action compare to the Casio range, just out of curiousity? I reckon Casio have a very good piano feel for the total mass of the instrument. Greg.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 1840s Pleyel by bennevis @ Today at 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By bennevisWhat struck me was the shallowness of the action, which made it possible to play filigree fioritura very easily. Also octave glissandi too, BTW - I can't execute these on modern pianos, but on th
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by Kawai James @ Today at 07:07 PM

Thanks Marko! Here's the main product demo: Nice, clear presentation from Adam as always, and some tasty some playing too - love the boogie woogie! Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Studiologic Numa Compact 2 by dtaki @ Today at 07:07 PM

This is practically my dream gigging keyboard... 15 pounds, 88 Fatar TP/9Piano keys with aftertouch, pitch/mod joysticks, built-in sounds in case my laptop freezes on stage... Here's hoping it's not too expensive. I hope to hear more information soo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 1840s Pleyel by Isabelle1949 @ Today at 07:04 PM

Yes, when we visited Paris in the 90's. Incredibly light touch.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's the piano in today's society??? by Lakeviewsteve @ Today at 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By ilzhoI remember reading history when there was a time in society having a piano was a symbol of mobility/moving up. You would play or take lessons as a child. Now it seems even if you have one, it's just a piece of furniture.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Curtis Boston Upright (M. Steinert & Sons) by Piano Tipping @ Today at 07:00 PM

Thanks for the advice Ed. I know just enough to be dangerous but I'm careful. I've only done two tunings before on our spinet. It's a lot of fun working on it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does the accidental apply? by Isabelle1949 @ Today at 06:59 PM

I always though an accidental or change in accidental affected the note/s changed for one whole measure, no matter what octave they were in.
Piano Forum
Hi Orangeaide, After carefully looking into the design in terms of performance and also cosmetic detail. I concluded that the K-300 compares closer to a YUS-1 than a U-1. Therefore in my opinion a comparison to the B-series should not be of any cons
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there an official "One Month to Recital" thread? by piano_primo_1 @ Today at 06:57 PM

I typing this with a beer in hand, but in spite of traditional learning methods ( like a teacher and a score) and being I work nights, and am somewhat half asleep most of the day. I’m using midi2sheet with this piece to help “teach”- me. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano or Synth. by TonyB @ Today at 06:53 PM

Another possible route to take is to get whatever digital piano you want, but make sure it supports mid out (which I assume they all do these days...). Then get a Roland Integra-7 or a Yamaha Motif XS module and connect the midi out of your digital
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New AB: my story... need advices from experts! by Whizbang @ Today at 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By ARpianoI'd like to know form experts what they think about this situation, if I should quit the lessons to concentrate by myself, or just keep learning easy-intermediate pieces which I like but don't care much about. Expert? Wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New AB: my story... need advices from experts! by dogperson @ Today at 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By ARpianoI don't mean that, I don't want a shortcut. I know it will take many years to be able to play what I would like to play (if ever I will be able...). I just don't know if it is productive or a waste of time taking lessons
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ARpianoI don't mean that, I don't want a shortcut. I know it will take many years to be able to play what I would like to play (if ever I will be able...). I just don't know if it is productive or a waste of time taking lessons
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 1840s Pleyel by JoelW @ Today at 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisWhat struck me was the shallowness of the action, which made it possible to play filigree fioritura very easily. Also octave glissandi too, BTW - I can't execute these on modern pianos, but on that Pleyel, it was a piece
Jump to new posts Anyone looking for an Arranger Keyboard - PSR7000 by Doug M. @ Today at 06:38 PM

Hi Folks, I am selling my Yamaha PSR7000 arranger keyboard on Gumtree. Do you know anybody in or near Manchester UK who is looking for a professional keyboard but who can't afford a Tyros? If so, I would be grateful if you would forward them this li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New AB: my story... need advices from experts! by bennevis @ Today at 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By ARpiano I wanted to play Chopin Etudes...... That's about ten years away from where you are now - and that's assuming you have some innate talent. You'll only find out by working hard on your technique and musicianship with your
Adult Beginners Forum
I don't mean that, I don't want a shortcut. I know it will take many years to be able to play what I would like to play (if ever I will be able...). I just don't know if it is productive or a waste of time taking lessons learning nothing new in rel
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ARpianoit is a path I MUST do to reach the practical level I desire... Regardless of what know, mentally, you need to develop the physical skill to actually push down the keys properly in order to play high level music. The tes
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By newportOriginally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By Batuhanall of Chopin pieces are easy to memorize and easy to play[...] [my emphasis] You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? No
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's the piano in today's society??? by gnuboi @ Today at 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By ZMaestroMy piano tuner said that most of his customers are parents whose children play piano. Once the kids grow up, the family piano is sold or sits around as furniture, as the parents generally don't play. He said I'm one of
Jump to new posts Re: Quiet fast trills on Kawai CS11 (or any GF II)? by sullivang @ Today at 06:21 PM

Just btw, this kind of playing is exactly the kind of thing that is supposed to be aided by a tri-sensor action, which I assume the CS11 has. I.e - it is supposed to allow repeats when the key is only released a relatively small amount - just like on
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Anyone looking for an Arranger Keyboard - PSR7000
by Doug M.
01/16/17 06:38 PM
Baldwin digital piano DG100A keyboard repair
by ChasD
01/16/17 06:05 PM
Pictures of DU1A
by ivorytickler76
01/16/17 05:59 PM
New AB: my story... need advices from experts!
by ARpiano
01/16/17 05:30 PM
What would you choose : Yamaha CLP 575 or Kawai ca97 ....
by Vandevelde
01/16/17 04:55 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,259 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,797 Topics
2,589,038 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission