Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (accordeur, ando, 36251, anotherscott, 37 invisible), 1609 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Piano sound characteristics by Veelo @ Today at 01:18 PM

I only have a digital piano, and to my shame I've never realized how different real pianos can sound like until I was messing around with a program that was emulating a bright, medium and mellow grand piano. I'm not familiar with the language used t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Competitions by Piano*Dad @ Today at 01:13 PM

Pavanne, Do you mean this federation: National Federation of Music Clubs They do indeed sponsor low pressure graded events, but they also sponsor high level competitions with awards.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Talented Transfer Students by bennevis @ Today at 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneI'm not sure I agree with your position that learning to read by counting up or down form Middle C is a good "first principle". To me it seems very inefficient. This is how I "learned" and I was not t
Piano Teachers Forum
Interesting reduced size 7/8 piano keyboard video on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBfDN9DBsnk - Part 1
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by dire tonic @ Today at 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By andoat the bottom of a key stroke a player should feel a release from the weight of the hammer and the directness of the mechanism - it's part of what they call aftertouch on an acoustic piano. I'm sure the idea of 'release' fro
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Technical difficulty - some thoughts by Ganddalf @ Today at 12:59 PM

Many of the PW threads discuss technical difficulty of pieces in some way or other. Hardest etude, most difficult ballade or similar... Of course I see that gradings of pieces may be relevant when selecting a new composition for study. But my experie
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
The lamp hitting the string could have caused it to go out of tune.
Originally Posted By BDBNo, that should not cause the tuning to change. And yet, this seems to have happened! Well... maybe that's not the cause. I've been thinking of anything else that might have happened in those two hours. There was one suspi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Competitions by pianofan1017 @ Today at 12:33 PM

Great to know that you allow your student to compete as long as they want to. My teacher only send the good ones out. She didn't even bother to send the not so good ones even if they want to. In my opinion, if won't be too much pressure for students,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2000's Baldwin L Artist? by KurtZ @ Today at 12:27 PM

A question hasn't been answered. When gibson first put out their new baldwins they were okay but unremarkable pianos made by Parsons ( I think). The "new" Gibson Baldwins are made in a factory that Gibson controls and these new pianos ar
Adult Beginners Forum
If you watch concert pianists, they will always have the music desk down or taken off completely when they perform. This is so they can better hear what they're playing. The music desk gets in the way and blocks the sound partially. Whereas from the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 5-Finger Position? by Nahum @ Today at 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By keystring I'm curious - did Chopin teach beginners? No, he was known to not accept any. That is H. Neuhaus invented it ? Originally Posted By keystring It is the C that surprised me because I someho
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How to know if a composition is original by Morodiene @ Today at 12:20 PM

Wasn't is Stravinsky who said the best composers steal? All joking aside, do not be concerned with being "original". That is a surefire way of stomping out the creative process at best and at worst, creating something original that is jus
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by DallasJazz @ Today at 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By Minnesota Marty One of the few giraffes that I have played was a Schimmel-Nelson at the National Music Museum in South Dakota. Well, it was old and tall and didn't speak German, or even 'Sotan, eh? This raises a number of
Composer's Lounge
I totally agree with the title of this post. It's the most frustrating yet rewarding thing you can do...and that makes it so addicting I listened to your piece. I think you have some good ideas and you just need some work on developing them. First
No, that should not cause the tuning to change.
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music on the tablet, Touch PC, ... by Digitalguy @ Today at 12:10 PM

Surface pro 4 is out, but the rumors were partly true, there is a second larger device, that it's not even called Surface pro 4 but Surface Book that is a true laptop with detachable screen. It is 13.5 inches with 3:2 ratio like SP3/SP4, but what's a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by Hakki @ Today at 12:10 PM

Shishkin's 10.1 and 10.2 etudes are good. And I was disappointed when he did not advance at Tchaikovsky. But his 10.3 was a total disappointment. Soulless, syncopated, dry. I am not sure whether he will advance. Maybe just for the sake of his techn
...the piano to go out of tune? A strange question, I know. Last night I spent some time hunting down a buzz that's been bothering me on and off for years. It was only doing it when the sustain pedal was depressed, so I placed a heavy box of books
Jump to new posts Re: A noob says "Hi!" by adamp88 @ Today at 12:09 PM

Hi SynCallio, Welcome! I see you're in my neck of the woods! I don't have any particularly exciting appointments on the books, but if our schedules match up I wouldn't mind an inquisitive audience. And it just so happens that our next Nebraska P
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by ando @ Today at 12:08 PM

It's funny, when I look at that picture, the key is in its depressed state, but the hammer is in contact with its felt stopper rather than settling back down a little. That would be equivalent to the hammer getting stuck on the string if it were a re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on White Pianos by KurtZ @ Today at 12:07 PM

If I had a cottage style interior I'd take a white piano in an instant. I don't favor high gloss black. I'd much rather have satin or a nice cherry finish but not so much walnut or mahogany unless it has grain or burl. Most stained wood pianos loo
Adult Beginners Forum
DanL I have similar experience I have a big grand at home and when I play it does not sound loud to me, I always thought perhaps its not a very powerful grand, and on your second point I have the exact same experience as well, it seems like the not
Piano Forum
I'll second the K800/600 recommendation. I also add that the Albert Webers (built by Young Chang as a premium brand) are designed to be less brash than the Young Chang line which competes head to head with the "Japanese" sound. Note th
Piano Forum
I don't know what's really in the 40k to 70k range these days, allowing for discounts, hard bargaining, and trade-in allowances. That said, the two modern piano key surfaces I like best are Grotrian and Steingraeber. I play two modern Steinway Bs
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Marc-André Hamelin Cliburn Concert -- Webcast Tonight
by kcostell
10/06/15 02:24 PM
Piano sound characteristics
by Veelo
10/06/15 01:18 PM
Technical difficulty - some thoughts
by Ganddalf
10/06/15 12:59 PM
Can holding down the sustain pedal for hours cause...
by beet31425
10/06/15 12:10 PM
How people from different positions hear the piano sound?
by DanL
10/06/15 11:51 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,955 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,333 Topics
2,452,247 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission