Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
74 registered (bennevis, AndrewJCW, agoriaket, beet31425, Benvolio, AmandaH, 16 invisible), 1000 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne op 9 No 1, bar # 23 notation question by briandang @ Today at 01:47 AM

JimF, Thank you for taking time to explain this. It sounds so basic but this is the first time I see score with accidentals in (), and also courtesy signs. All I know from self study books is that accidentals only last for that bar, and those books
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
It is not clear what he did. May be he took some blocking material left from delivery. He is working above one soutenuto guide. It was not the damper stop that was too high in the end? I suppose the piano was happy (!) he was in need of tuning
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Olek @ Today at 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTThere are two basic hammer techniques; slow pull and impact/impulse. Slow pull involves moving the foot, so you need to be a bit off the pitch. You may have to turn the pin a bit to get off pitch. Then the slow
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535, Roland HP 504 or Yamaha CLP 575? by 8 Octaves @ Today at 01:28 AM

Correction: Just realized I confused the HP504 for the HP506 and what I wrote was for the HP506. I think the difference in price was about $500 a few months ago. I was actually not that impressed with the HP504. Sorry for the mistake. I would agr
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Music books, texts by BruceD @ Today at 01:26 AM

Music books, texts
Jump to new posts Opera scores by BruceD @ Today at 01:25 AM

Opera scores
Jump to new posts Piano scores by BruceD @ Today at 01:24 AM

Piano scores
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Conservatory Teacher Trial Lessons by pianorigami @ Today at 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By Peter K. MoseOriginally Posted By pianorigamiThere were three teachers at three different schools from whom I think I would benefit a lot, and two of these three seemed to like me at least a little bit What a delightful dilemma
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Conservatory Teacher Trial Lessons by pianorigami @ Today at 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakes Care to elaborate? For example, what were you doing/playing when you appeared to be resonating the most with teachers? Being musical and not being (too) nervous. Quote:What were your most challenging moments?When
Jump to new posts Opera scores by BruceD @ Today at 01:01 AM

Opera scores
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you store your sheet music and books? by benjamink @ Today at 12:59 AM

My bookshelf has evolved over the years. I originally had many cheap walmart bookshelves. My current shelf can be seen in the below photo. I got the bookshelf off of craigslist, it fit perfectly into the space I wanted it. It would have cost several
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you store your sheet music and books? by BruceD @ Today at 12:58 AM

All my scores are stored in my study; my living room is my formal performance space and no scores are stored there. My piano scores are all stored flat in this bookcase, organized by composer, so even though I can't read the titles of single sc
Jump to new posts Music Cover by benjamink @ Today at 12:56 AM

Music Cover
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about hymnal to practice (sight)reading by David Farley @ Today at 12:56 AM

Just FYI - at least part of the 1906 edition is available on IMSLP. http://imslp.org/wiki/The_English_Hymnal_(Various)
Jump to new posts Score storage by BruceD @ Today at 12:55 AM

Score storage
Jump to new posts Re: Seems be "damper" noises?(click like sound) by S.H.Lee @ Today at 12:55 AM

Today the Japan Kawai technician visited my SK7L. All the problem have gone. This question maybe is delivery process cause. The MPA open the keyboard and fix something like above. Then problem solved. Finally he ask me want side logo or n
Go to the site, click on "shop online" near the top of the left side menu. Then under "browse by category" click on "CDs and DVDs." There you'll find the journals. It's not really intuitive, but after you sort of figur
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7/8 and 15/16 piano keyboards (ESPKs) the future ? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:53 AM

Since about 1870 the width of the 88 notes at the playing end has been either 48" or 48 1/4", (this is called the "head scale"). Steinway, Mason & Hamlin used the wider head scale, Baldwin, Kimball, used the 48". After WW
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts How do you store your sheet music and books? by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 12:23 AM

I've accumulated quite a bit of music over the years. I've also become the repository for my teacher's library other than a few essentials because she has nowhere to store it herself for the time being. She only uses it to teach out of anyway so it
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Weird little prelude by JoelW @ Today at 12:21 AM

Something I composed on a whim in my spare time. It's not too serious. http://picosong.com/JYFP/ (E. Piano) http://imgur.com/hfB4ltn
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does sight reading help in general? by SiFi @ Today at 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiFine. Wonderful. Sight-read-unseen-ever-before-for-the-first-performance to your heart's and paycheck's content. At some point, however, there is a conundrum. You've read through the thing enough to need to actually pra
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What should I do after high school with the piano? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:19 AM

I suggest selecting a teacher by audition of their students. Go to one of the teachers group playing class or group recital. If the students play with good relaxed technique and not too much performance anxiety, that is a good sign. If the atmospher
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Ataru074 I always find "thinking" being the biggest issue in learning the piano in beginners. There's some truth to that, but there are a couple of issues: - It's not that easy to completely turn off intelligent
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ Today at 12:08 AM

I think my ear playing is paying off, at least a little. I can "see" in my head the intervals of a tune I'm playing in my head I started 2 more 40-pc challenge ear pieces, and I have 3 gigs week after next, so I may be able to add some mor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does sight reading help in general? by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 12:03 AM

Fine. Wonderful. Sight-read-unseen-ever-before-for-the-first-performance to your heart's and paycheck's content. At some point, however, there is a conundrum. You've read through the thing enough to need to actually practice it, because it starts to
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
And YES, you can save 10% AND still get free shipping on Jansen Artist benches!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My first piano, I appreciate your feedback.
by agoriaket
49 minutes 52 seconds ago
schubert Impromptu op 90 no 3
by sor
Today at 02:47 AM
How do you store your sheet music and books?
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 12:23 AM
New Teacher Recommending Less Practice?
by TX-Bluebonnet
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
What should I do after high school with the piano?
by boogiewoogie123
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,575 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,554 Topics
2,440,605 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission