Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
95 registered (AJB, Albunea, AdrianR, 36251, Alexander Hanysz, 25 invisible), 1573 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I think one would need to measure the current foams' compression under loads and go for something more dense - not compressing to more -or less- than what it does now under load or else possibly the sensors won't like it
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing - positives/negatives? by bennevis @ Today at 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By hughconway Having done this, it is quite possible that I was misremembering my music theory from 15 years ago or that I didn't actually understand it properly at the time! I believe that it was during a discussion about J.S. Ba
The most piano-like experience on a DP I've ever had was playing a Kawai CS11 a few days ago. Volume set to two thirds or three quarters. Headphones off. Dig into those keys and the thing comes to life. It moves the air and fills a room like nothing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny exercises by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 05:50 AM

The original title for Op. 599, by Carl Czerny is: Erster Lehrmeister Erster: First Lehrmeister: Master (Mentor, Teacher) He does not use the term: Method Book
Jump to new posts Re: problem with my GEM RP800 by EssBrace @ Today at 05:43 AM

Interesting. I'm pleased for you. It also indicates that the new GEM must be more or less the same thing as the old GEM, if the main boards are interchangeable. As advanced as General Music was in its day, things have come on since then.
Thanks. Yes, possibly. And it would compress over time I guess anyway. I could really tell that they have put a lot into the development of that action. The feel is really quite different. It just wasn't for me, which was a disappointment. If I'm hon
Nice write up EssBrace! I wonder if that percussive stop you want could be achieved by replacing the foam strip on the PHA-50's front rails.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lost in method books. Need a little help getting on track. by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By Timothy-NLI just call it being passionate and stubborn. And if my better half is to be believed i have an overabundance of both when it comes to the Piano. I do have enough time to dedicate my life to it. Which seems extreme i
Previous Nord Piano owner here. And Roland RD700-GX(SN). I played Nord Piano 3 a couple of weeks ago together with Roland FP-90 and RD-800. It's a tough call. Firstly I'll say it as clearly as I can - the Nord's piano sounds are just better to my
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question about twelths by Chris Leslie @ Today at 05:18 AM

I should mention also that there are other methods for tuning good and consistent octaves, but since you started looking at 12ths I though the method I mentioned would be a good start and good for training the ear to really listen to the quality of t
Jump to new posts Re: A question about twelths by Chris Leslie @ Today at 05:03 AM

Tuning like I said will produce a reasonable degree of stretch in the octave, and do it consistently. You may find it difficult to tune 12ths because it is wider than a hand reach. It will be necessary for a hand to leave the lever and play a note t
Originally Posted By BDBOriginally Posted By WilliamTruittThe company who shall remain unnamed did a crappy reproduction for me once. Never again. Do you have an alternative? Local machinist, beg for mercy
Jump to new posts Re: A question about twelths by Beemer @ Today at 04:58 AM

Chris, Your information was very helpful. Another little step for my aural tuning progress. thanks, Ian
Jump to new posts Re: A question about twelths by Chris Leslie @ Today at 04:55 AM

If your temperament was correct ET then it means that your octaves are too narrow. 12ths should range from almost beatless to beatless. What you are experiencing is precisely why aural tuners should not tune using a single interval, but should chec
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Wanted to say that as someone who used the 'count the steps' method to build chords - I'd wholeheartedly echo DMD's comments about getting the theory in as a foundation. I learned the way I did because it was what was available and I DIDN'T have a t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: liebestraum no3 by ARpiano @ Today at 04:30 AM

I consider this piece advanced, so I wonder... how can you learn it just by ear?! I use to find by ear some pieces, I like to transcribe them just for pleasure or exercise, but this piece has some difficult passages I wouldn't be able to "unders
Venture out Soundcloud and have a listen to some. (Mind this is all line outputs) https://soundcloud.com/georg-nikolaus-nyman/waldstein-on-digital-yamaha-n1 https://soundcloud.com/kawai-australia/k...-ca67ca97-demos
Jump to new posts Re: problem with my GEM RP800 by TobiPiano @ Today at 04:10 AM

Hello All, Our GEM RP800 is now playing in excellent condition again. !! The team of General music in Finland could provide me with software and a new main cpu pcb. Many thanks to mr Jukka Kulmala, who supported us well in the process of repairs.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By wrOriginally Posted By TedI read the article but have insufficient knowledge of chemistry to derive any insight. I know what you mean - I wish studies would include a non-technical summary for the general public, as a matter of
What do you think of purchasing a floor model digital? If I'd get an AG N1 with a nice discount and full warranty would this be an advicable thing to do?
http://www.ti.com/product/TPA6120A2/datasheet/specifications#SLOS4312460 recommended impedance of 16 ohms, minimum is 8, maximum measurement I can find in their documentation is 64.. In my Roland's case, the HD558 is 50Ω.. All of Roland's house b
Jump to new posts Re: HELP - GEM RealPiano RP800 - PROBLEM by TobiPiano @ Today at 03:59 AM

Hello All, The GEM RP800 is now playing in excellent condition again. !! The team of General music in Finland could provide me with software and a new main cpu pcb. Many thanks to mr Jukka Kulmala, who supported us well in the process of repairs.
Jump to new posts Re: Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO vs Sennheiser HD 598 by JoBert @ Today at 03:46 AM

James wrote elsewhere that the CA67/CA97 has the Texas Instruments TPA6120 headphone amp built in.
Jump to new posts A question about twelths by Beemer @ Today at 03:37 AM

Earlier this week I tuned my piano by using Tunelab for the temperament only. The rest I tuned by octaves. Last night during playing I noticed a 12th strongly beating. On further investigation I found that there was no 12ths beating around and withi
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing - positives/negatives? by hughconway @ Today at 03:28 AM

Frederic L and toddy (and others), Thank you for humouring me! I have always believed that when one cannot explain something simply then one doesn't really understand it so I have gone and done some more reading about the subject! Having done this
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
iPad Pro & Forscore - your experience/recommend
ations?

by cathryn999
02/19/17 06:49 AM
A question about twelths
by Beemer
02/19/17 03:37 AM
Nord Piano 3 v Roland RD-2000 Help me What to buy
by M Spin
02/18/17 08:24 PM
A new "your brain on music" type of study
by wr
02/18/17 07:31 PM
liebestraum no3
by sor
02/18/17 06:44 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,710 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,576 Topics
2,599,808 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission