Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
136 registered (36251, accordeur, 255, akin, Adam Schaaf 58265, AndreaS85, 32 invisible), 1704 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
That sentence wasn't meant to be rude, it was just to stress the importance of the third point. Sorry if it sounded offensive.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Clavinova CLP-585 & recordings by pv88 @ Today at 04:32 PM

Does anyone else wish to review the recordings? Compare the "CFX" to the "Bosendorfer" Imperial: https://app.box.com/s/85w0sme9pddio6r2l4d5op9gdkzzd7xv Here is the "Upright" for WaterDweller: https://app.box.com/s/1z
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: (Sight) Reading material with prerequisites by malkin @ Today at 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By 255 Please don't recommend things that do not fulfill these requisites, especially the last one. Okay, I won't. Good luck!
Piano Forum
Yes Bleak, I DO know. I developed and executed Prambergers marketing campaign in 1997 and 1998. I am also a Baldwin dealer and have developed marketing strategies for them that are being used by many dealers. American scale design pianos can be manu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Johan B @ Today at 04:23 PM

25 april Playing only Haydn today..........Sonates from series Hoboken 15, 16, and 17. Can't stop playing........ Regards, Johan B
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's swing Hanon No.1 by Nahum @ Today at 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By rintincop [video:youtube]http://youtu.be/P6bRIQgEifE[/video] There's a problem with video clip. And here- no!
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by pv88 @ Today at 04:18 PM

Bottom line: My opinion is that I could really care less either way as to whether or not Yamaha will end up adding a simulated "playing off of the jack" feature into their Clavinova line as I certainly will never make use of it. Have foun
Adult Beginners Forum
Wow so many people checking back in! It's great to see everyone still active. Lady Nemesis thank you for your comments! My teacher told me my pace was very good today and not to worry I'd get to the level I wanted over time and with practice. So th
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Steve Cohen Although during the piano’s “golden age” (approximately 1880–1940) there were well over 100 manufacturers producing pianos with American scale designs, today there are only a few: Steinway, Baldwin, Mason &am
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts A question about scales by pianoaspirant @ Today at 04:14 PM

Say a piece is played in A-minor; what does that mean in other words than "it depends on the a-minor scale". If someone would explain it more in detail I would be greatful. Thanx!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's swing Hanon No.1 by rintincop @ Today at 04:10 PM

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/P6bRIQgEifE[/video]
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by Jack Elliott @ Today at 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By Alan TrippJack, that is what mine looked like as well, though this "upgrade design," I'm fairly sure, is just Kawai carefully bending the component since it takes up less vertical space at a ~45 degree angle than a 90 d
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By ClsscLibI've been to great cities and small towns in Europe and around the Pacific Rim. You can't find a fresh, hot Krispy Kreme anywhere. So don't tell me about your haute cuisine, okay? My least favorite donut but I'm used
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Ok, let's swing Hanon #1 by rintincop @ Today at 03:55 PM

I like the left hand work too:
Yes. It depends on how cleverly the re-allocation software works. A few years ago, synths and other keyboards only had 4, 5, 6, or if you were very rich, 8 note polyphony, and you could do a lot even with that - and 16 voices even if it was working i
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by MRC @ Today at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By EssBraceAre we missing the point though? The feeling of the escapement is an unavoidable (and undesirable) consequence of the grand piano action. It's a necessary evil. If there was a way to incorporate the same mechanical charac
Adult Beginners Forum
BlackJack, getting as far as you have in just 8 months with zero musical experience is a pretty big achievement I'd say! It's great and inspiring to see other adults pursue their dream to learn to play an instrument Bud, like Silvia I also enjoyed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts (Sight) Reading material with prerequisites by 255 @ Today at 03:43 PM

I need sight reading material, or just reading material: I care about learning to read the notes fast so I can learn new pieces faster, not much about actually sight reading, which is about never stopping, accompaniment, etc, but I guess that doesn't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New NY Steinway vs. New Shigeru SK6 by Ralph @ Today at 03:43 PM

The American "bright" sound is very different than the European "bright" sound. The later has a brittle and glassy sound to my ears. The sound in the Horowitz recording is the quintessential American bright that most of us love.
Well again for me it's not about playing. I have neither the talent nor interest in playing classical or anything where the # of keys themselves, even with a ton of sustain, will ever begin to approach 64. It's when I'm recording and possibly using
Piano Forum
I prefer tunings on a somewhat regular basis. The technician I use is always on the lookout for regulation and voicing issues that can be tweaked when he visits, and it is much easier to do that when the piano is visited and tended on a regular basi
Pianist Corner
I liked Natalie Schwamova's 4th Scherzo. Especially for the non distorted rhythm ́of her middle section, which almost all other competitors somehow distort the rhythm there. Another competitor I would like to hear more is Ning Yuen Li. For his pa
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by rocket88 @ Today at 03:28 PM

Thank you, Keystring. BTW, as for playing in public strong material that the musicians know very well, I recently read an article about Willie Nelson. He travels with the same band, and the material they play for their first set (about 45 minutes)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by Greener @ Today at 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By bennevis... pure sight-reading is an essential skill of many jobs in music. People who have poor sight-reading abilities may still be great performers (from memory, or from the score), but they cannot work in many fields of music
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks for asking - Just did the second one with the new instructor (one on one) and he's doing great. I'm sitting in as a fly on the wall and learning too. He is up to page 20 in Alfred's book and, with the instructor, really spending time working o
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 14 15 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Re-gluing Ivory Key Top
by akin
40 minutes 26 seconds ago
A question about scales
by pianoaspirant
Today at 04:14 PM
Ok, let's swing Hanon #1
by rintincop
Today at 03:55 PM
(Sight) Reading material with prerequisites
by 255
Today at 03:43 PM
Regular tunings or only when it's out of tune?
by LS35A
Today at 03:13 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,032 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,535 Topics
2,399,705 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission