Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
131 registered (accordeur, ando, anamnesis, 36251, Albunea, anotherscott, 35 invisible), 1467 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What did you practise today? by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 12:16 PM

I'm slugging away at the F Major Haydn Sonata, Hob. XVI/23, whole thing with mvts. in various states of disarray. Would like to decide on a Bach Partita to work on. I'm rather smitten with No. 5 at the moment.
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you both. Yes, I realize it is something of common sense, but I had not thought about it at all, and when I did, I decided it was something very important that I must have into account, to press the keys harder or softer. I can understand I wi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP460 or Kawai CA15 - or now CA17? by petes1 @ Today at 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By lharringtonDoes anyone have any thoughts on how much depreciation I should expect on one of these if I were to sell it in a couple of years time? Myself, I have no idea, but I'm sure much will depend on how well you treat it. Q
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First acoustic piano by KurtZ @ Today at 12:05 PM

My adjustment was auditory more than touch. Your digital has had all the little oddities in sound tweaked out. Modest pianos, especially uprights have little faults in response, tonal evenness and even little odd sounds that can't be (easily) re
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Blues piano method books by gracegren @ Today at 11:59 AM

Stabby, here's a classic bebop jazz blues progression to consider, nice segue from blues to more of a jazz blues mindset. I /IV / I / I IV /#IVo / I / vi ii / V7 / I vi / V7 I C / F / C / C F / F#o / C / Am Dm / G7 / C Am / G7 C One of the fi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0hfO4UW9Kc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Mathias Recalls Chopin by Batuhan @ Today at 11:57 AM

I found this intresting article today. by Georges Mathias ( pupil of Chopin ) http://imslp.nl/imglnks/usimg/f/f7/IMSLP99086-PMLP203579-MathiasRecallsChopin.pdf
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sweet Spot in Piano Size? by KurtZ @ Today at 11:51 AM

Once you've mic'ed the grand, out in the house, it'll probably sound worse than most >$500 digitals unless you got some pretty good mics and a very good, well installed sound system. Kurt
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevis Enjoy Dead Things! http://youtu.be/78xBGQv1Qhg (Don't worry, it only lasts four minutes....) right... if i'm not mistaken, that piece was part of the soundtrack for this movie:
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should I do now? by Maximillyan @ Today at 11:46 AM

translating talk about max: PIANOPARTS.RU Beginner Registration 13/04/2015 Messages 30 https://youtu.be/S78RHaeIl48 This insane man with delusions of grandeur, totally don't understandin
Jump to new posts Re: Any good cliches to recommend listening to ? by gracegren @ Today at 11:41 AM

Could be the best jazz lick ever. I better learn it with extensions in all 12 keys, quick, LOL.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chickering Concert Grand Piano approx 1853 by BruceD @ Today at 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By pv88Originally Posted By Chuck Watsonhttp://postimg.org/image/f4yfy9pel/ Better check those pedals as they appear to be directly contacting (and are flush into) the carpet. Question: Can the pedals be depressed as such and do t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
A Xonar DG or Xonar DGX will do just fine, those have native Asio. Or use Asio4All without a soundcard.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By EntheoOriginally Posted By bennevisCo-incidentally, she's just released a 2-CD album of Philip Glass's music (including film music), which has garnered good reviews. while i've enjoyed some of glass's orchestral works the though
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Follow-up on the Ukrainian satirist's Toronto concerts by Orange Soda King @ Today at 11:30 AM

I highly doubt she's mentally ill... If that's true, nearly every professional athlete is mentally ill!
Originally Posted By KlinkKlonk That said, I though your MLK clip was badass. I'm sorry, I do not speak slang, and do not understand the expression. Anyway, I made a number of similar files with voices of Satchmo, Richard Burton and Red Rodney
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevisCo-incidentally, she's just released a 2-CD album of Philip Glass's music (including film music), which has garnered good reviews. while i've enjoyed some of glass's orchestral works the thought of listening to two CDs'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are some cool piano facebook groups? by Dru Morgan @ Today at 11:22 AM

I am relishing the irony that a spammer chose a "Facebook" thread to jump in.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should I do now? by Maximillyan @ Today at 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTMax, The use of sandpaper as tuning pin shims has been done at least for 70 years in the USA. I have serviced pianos that have had them working well for over 50 years. If its functioning even 5 years it's very g
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: A "new" Kawai 701C by Caine @ Today at 11:16 AM

Seems like a great deal if it's in that kind of condition. It was a Kawai upright in the 70's that got me started with the brand. Watch out for "boat disease!" (just two more feet and it'll be great!)
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By AlbuneaI read bennevis in another thread saying that children learning with headphones in a very low volume would be making terrible noise in a grand piano. Then I realized I always had my headphones and with a very low volume.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By wr From many first-hand reports here, I get the idea that she is "making a sale" at all times when in public, regardless of the environment or who is around. I think that is not really normal. IMO, there's something a
FAQ - Piano Forum
I'm just confused about one thing- what's the pedal for... The kick beat?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7-year-old on metronome practice by Roland The Beagle @ Today at 11:07 AM

Getting the rhythms, i.e. note relationship values right, is really important, but completely separate I think from tempo concerns. I've never been one to overly fret over a steady tempo either in practice or performance. I've always been irritated
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Tone" and "balance" by Sand Tiger @ Today at 11:01 AM

As a flautist I can comment that tone is almost the be all and end all on flute. Producing a clean note, a nice sounding scale can take a beginner a long time. It can take many years for the flute beginner, depending on how clean sounding a scale and
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 17 18 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Why does alfred's teach that the G chord is G7?
by bananasushi
05/30/15 01:13 PM
Hairline cracks in soundboard
by bogdan101
05/30/15 12:54 PM
Mathias Recalls Chopin
by Batuhan
05/30/15 11:57 AM
New Piano
by Ozan
05/30/15 09:53 AM
Steinway Centennial Square Grand?
by Eric Gloo
05/30/15 09:23 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,466 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,443 Topics
2,412,503 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission