Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
141 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, A Guy, ajames, 34 invisible), 1706 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts A new clip of the great Don Pullen in action by rintincop @ Today at 01:38 PM

. . Fast forward to 5:00 minutes for a close view of the fireworks. He was so unique:
Piano Forum
The CFX at Yoshi's may have been a Yamaha concert reserve piano. They are kept in a warehouse that the movers operate.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Tuning Software: Focusing on Beats ! by PaintedPostDave @ Today at 01:36 PM

Interesting. Looks like the price has gone up to $20. Also, this post does look like an advertisement.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts How are powered monitors connected to a KB? by Dennis R in WA @ Today at 01:34 PM

This is an aptly timed thread for me since I have been wondering about either a small amp or powered monitors for the last couple of weeks. I am currently using headphones (Sony 7506 based on reviews here at PW) and they sound much better than my K
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: AlmavivaOriginally Posted By: michaelhaI've never seen a CFX at a dealer in the Bay Area. Michael, Piedmont Pianos in Oakland carries the full line of Yamaha pianos, including the CF series. Surely they have at least one CFX.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: michaelhaI've never seen a CFX at a dealer in the Bay Area. Michael, Piedmont Pianos in Oakland carries the full line of Yamaha pianos, including the CF series. Surely they have at least one CFX.
Jump to new posts Digital piano Actions MP11,RD-800,CP4 by oliver123456 @ Today at 01:26 PM

Dear fellow pianists,Could any body describe the above keyboards actions,and how they differ.i.e Touchweight.Which has the lightest action to play,Most sensitive to very gentle finger touch ppp,Easiest for presto pp passages.Least tiring on fingers.T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Baldwin Howard Piano by Deegs23 @ Today at 01:24 PM

Hello everyone. New to these forums. I am in the market for a piano. My wife played quite a bit as a child and wants to start playing again while teaching our daughter (5 years old) to play. I have absolutely zero experience with pianos... I ha
Jump to new posts Don't you just love..... by D7K @ Today at 01:23 PM

the email that has your shipping number for your new piano:) I do. Can you hear "anticipation" by Ms. Simon?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: ppianistHello this is my first post on the forum. I have a problem on B major scale which ascend and descent bar 26. And a problem on melody trills from bar 67-75. How should I practice them? Thank you Before anyone can say
Piano Forum
Quote:over 100 pianos with all their detailed specs are constantly on my desk. Ha, meaning "specs" only of course....my bad.. Norbert
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learn a Song in 7 minutes: Carol of the Bells by Hugh Sung @ Today at 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: JuscaI can easily see an hour or two to get the whole piece working together. I'm only accounting for my learning experience with other instruments. Very important suggestions for learning this piece: 1. Take your time 2. Hav
Adult Beginners Forum
I can easily see an hour or two to get the whole piece working together. I'm only accounting for my learning experience with other instruments.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Kenny Barron and Dave Holland by Mark Polishook @ Today at 01:11 PM

That is a great CD! There's also a great book of Kenny Baron transcriptions called, appropriately, "The Kenny Baron Book" with assorted notes about his style, licks, and all sorts of interesting things ... It's at Amazon and all the usual p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Salesperson Dilemma by Almaviva @ Today at 01:10 PM

+1 for Kurtz
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by piRround @ Today at 12:59 PM

Congratulations and Merry Christmas, Sam. Your journal was so fun to read, and inspirational too.
Composer's Lounge
Originally Posted By: Michael SayersWhy not Paul Scofield as well? Because the first melody more expressive!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: hreichgottPersonally, I cannot imagine any situation in which I would want to perform or record Chopin etudes. But if you folks want to, I will listen happily Its a dangerous proposition isn't it? And then Godowsky makes the
Coursera is free, they have excellent courses, there is also one on sound design with synthetizers.
Piano Forum
I know the PT forum would already know what caused it, but it was a big surprise to me. (Steinway M grand, 1917) kept closed for various reasons. https://arioso7.wordpress.com/2014/12/18/the-mystery-of-note-clicking-b-is-solved/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Language of Taste - Pianos, Wine ... and Birds by phantomFive @ Today at 12:54 PM

I would suggest there are some common elements that should be taken into consideration: 1) Need to listen to how the notes sound differently across the scale, in the bass, the treble, and the highs. Especially pay attention to the point where it swi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do YOU count? (when practicing) by Nahum @ Today at 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Arghhh I do sometimes use specific syllables for counting, and I guess it is called the McHose/Tibbs system of counting syllables, as can be seen here on page 6, or here labeled as the Eastman system. So we're talking ab
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learn a Song in 7 minutes: Carol of the Bells by EM Deeka @ Today at 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Hugh SungOriginally Posted By: keystringWhile your title says "learn a song in 7 minutes", you didn't really mean that a student would only need to practise the piece for 7 minutes, and then it would be learned, right?
Jump to new posts Re: Good Practice Amp for Roland FP7F? by Scott Hamlin @ Today at 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: TheloniousPunkI was hoping to stay under $200. I have been told that bass amps work well for pianos, so I am thinking of sticking a piezo tweeter in one of my guitar cabinets and connecting it to a Bassman clone I built. If yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video available from "How It's Made" by Michael Sayers @ Today at 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Rich GalassiniWe just can't keep a beautiful selection because our sales outpace our production constantly. I suppose it isn't the worst problem to have, but it is a problem. That sounds like a good problem to have. The video i
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A new clip of the great Don Pullen in action
by rintincop
12/18/14 01:41 PM
A new clip of the great Don Pullen in action
by rintincop
12/18/14 01:38 PM
Digital piano Actions MP11,RD-800,CP4
by oliver123456
12/18/14 01:26 PM
Baldwin Howard Piano
by Deegs23
12/18/14 01:24 PM
Don't you just love.....
by D7K
12/18/14 01:23 PM
Forum Stats
77340 Members
42 Forums
159957 Topics
2349111 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission