Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Fully-Rebuilt Pianos Versus New Pianos by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

If the fully rebuilt pianos only use the original frame and plate, and the rim material doesn't affect the tone that much: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2302409 Then why not just buy a new piano, and stick a Steinway sti
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Hiss in Pianoteq by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 08:11 PM

TheodorN: I don't think any of this advice will help with hiss. The 44.1 kHz sample rate is standard. Leave it be. The ASIO helps with latency, so use it. But it does not cause hiss. (Nor will you get hiss just by omitting ASIO.) Computational loa
Pianist Corner
Faulty, by the way, I like that you have criticized Horowitz. It has given me something insightful to think about. He's one of my favorites, from whom I draw much inspiration. Your thoughts on him have not offended me in the slightest, because I k
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fascinating Restoration Video by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: WilliamTruittI'm going to assume that the tight spacing front to back is to give more side bearing in the top section, and that is where we most often see the least amount of side bearing angle (and sometimes too little). Ac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing my piano after being away all week... by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

Just back from a long weekend and in a very last minute decision put the digital in the car. Only got a few minutes each day on the piano and felt so guilty not doing scales and sight reading practice. Strangely however upon return I do think the re
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Sweet06LOL omg. There's clearly only one way to settle this. Atrys and faulty_damper and beenevis all need to post videos of their BEST playing and I will judge it. Whoever has the best work will be correct in their opinions
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Edinburgh Coursera - Fundamentals of Music Theory by Riddler @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

I keep having dreams that I'm in the Scottish Highlands. I am trying to scale huge mountains, but I can only take half steps. I see an Army major up ahead, approaching a cliff, he walks up to a ledge, he falls off a ledger line, and gets turned upsid
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Interviewing Transfer Students by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

I want to try to address some of the things AZNpiano described in his opening post, from the side of the student, or parent, or both. He is describing scenarios where misteaching has definitely been going on. If a student has been mistaught, then h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you identify the melody on a sheet of music? by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

That's generally correct, but as the music gets more advanced, it can get really ambiguous.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Transitioning from Digital to Acoustic by gooddog @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

I own both a Steinway O and a P95 Yamaha digital. I took the digital with me on vacation, (the Steinway wouldn't fit into the car),worked on my Liszt and thought it sounded pretty good. When I returned home, I was horrified by how much my music had r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

I started to read the Chopin Etude thread and after a few minutes suddenly lost the will to live
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Volume by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By: JohnSprungThe dynamic range of a DP is typically narrower than an acoustic, so you can think of the volume control as a movable window into that wider range. That's a pretty good suggestion actua
Pianist Corner
Faulty, I did not mean to suggest that. I love challenges. People often find me challenging. What I notice is that the posters here are not respsonding to the challenges you offer as much as to your energy. Yes, I mentioned you and Atrys by name,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts How do you identify the melody on a sheet of music? by Alex1 @ Yesterday at 07:38 PM

If I understand correctly, only the very top notes on the treble clef are the melody. So if you want to play the melody, you just play the top notes and leave the rest. Is this correct? I've attached a picture as an example.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by Sweet06 @ Yesterday at 07:33 PM

LOL omg. There's clearly only one way to settle this. Atrys and faulty_damper and beenevis all need to post videos of their BEST playing and I will judge it. Whoever has the best work will be correct in their opinions of how to correctly play the
Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: rpwDon't know if I'm abusing mine, but playing something staccato makes a heck of a noise. What kind of noise? Thumping mixed with rattle. http://youtu.be/slUEaYcY8LY
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moderators: Why was my Old Steinway Thread Deleted? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678 Also, there was useful information in that thread, regardless of a few bad posts. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, as they say. It might have been a little better to just delete everything from the first
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Volume by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

The advice I was given was to set it at relatively high, and keep it consistently there. Ofc you have to adjust for what you need for ear phones vs. speakers.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: faulty_Damper What you're suggesting is that the status quo must never be challenged. You will find as you may have already that this is a problem here. Many members find the appeal to authority a delicious treat that is accep
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by faulty_Damper @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: BB PlayerI'd advise the two participants engaged in the tit for tat personal insults to knock it off right now. And I mean right now. One more volley from either and they're going to get some time alone to reflect on the value
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_CCarlo said it well. We're reacting to stupid stuff and trying to put it in some perspective. I think we've done what we can -- but forget about resolving anything. Their baloney will never end. And this seems like a good
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Roland The BeagleI think practicing on a crap piano and learning to get a decent sound out of it is excellent exercise and will make you sound even better on a ballin' piano. i will agree with you that is the most noblest purs
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it important that th pinblock ... by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 07:16 PM

You have a point load of about 160 pounds at each pin, and no crushing there. The block acts pretty much as a uniformly loaded beam, which collects all those 160 pound loads -- maybe 230 of them. That's what adds up to significant tonnage that has
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by BB Player @ Yesterday at 07:15 PM

I'd advise the two participants engaged in the tit for tat personal insults to knock it off right now. And I mean right now. One more volley from either and they're going to get some time alone to reflect on the value of their contributions here.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YDP142 vs Casio PX750 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

What Morodiene said. . Charles
Page 21 of 22 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 >
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
153 registered (36251, Alex1, Akpianoman, Al LaPorte, 37 invisible), 1774 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75483 Members
42 Forums
156069 Topics
2291839 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kristian Bezuidenhout on Mozart and his piano music
by bennevis
07/22/14 05:05 PM
Hard Starting Intermediate
by frankeric
07/22/14 04:48 PM
And what about this one?
by leel
07/22/14 04:23 PM
No music rest for Roland stage pianos?
by Delphian2001
07/22/14 04:20 PM
Where is the new blood?
by Markarian
07/22/14 03:53 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission