Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
93 registered (AZNpiano, babybearyan, accordeur, anamnesis, 25 invisible), 1048 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lessons hampered: my digital piano vs. her acoustic piano by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 03:42 AM

I'm wondering if you were to put your question to the Digital Forum - someone there might have a solution. There are many more Digital users there. Even between playing different uprights, can mean a different feel. My teacher had a new YAMAHA gra
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 03:37 AM

Hi there Iori .... predictably you're going to rile someone again. It's hard being misunderstood. But as I've said before, I admire your enthusiasm. We both know that Bach is BACH ... and impossible to replicate. But the time and e
Pianist Corner
I never knew they were there!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time Signature Question by Celdor @ Yesterday at 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By AlexRBIf this is a dumb question I apologize, I tried searching the forums and googling it. If I see a piece in 6/8 time with a bar full of 6 eighth notes grouped in sets of 3, do I tap my foot after each set of 3? Ex. (1) 2 3
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I played Grand Piano ... by Celdor @ Yesterday at 03:19 AM

It's funny thing because playing Grand Piano wasn't really my main intention. I went to that piano store to test one of those CLP 5xx and CVP 6xx DPs of Yamaha. As found Grand Pianos there, I compared their sound and action. I was absolutely surprise
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By JytteReporting in... Retired a tad early last night (midnight), and got up to 45 messages in my inbox this morning That has to be a record! Haven't time to read all posts right now. PS88 sent me the tune last night. Uh... this
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Key Sensitivity/Dynamics by maurus @ Yesterday at 03:12 AM

With your background I consider the cheapest, but still half decent digital pianos to be the Yamaha P155/255, and Kawai ES7 (perhaps ES100 - I haven't played it, some people like it). In terms of action alone, the Yamahas (with GH action) get my vote
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Eric Heidsieck Chopin recordings removed from Youtube by Opus_Maximus @ Yesterday at 03:10 AM

I was about to write an article about under-appreciated, under-known pianists. To top my list would this fabulous pianist, whom I first became aquatinted with from this forum. What grabbed me most was his Chopin - 24 Preludes, Ballades, etc.. Upo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for bridle straps? by Mark R. @ Yesterday at 03:08 AM

Keith, With "original", I presume you mean new straps of the original design. But I'm having difficulty picturing this part, especially the part I've emphasized: Originally Posted By kpembrookThe straps are glued on using an inserter made
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By keystringI can't work that way. I think that PianoStudent88 said something similar. I think PS88 doesn't want to feel there's any pressure to hurry and would like the luxury of time to work on a piece - that's understandable an
Piano Forum
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. I'll definitely look for the Kawaii in particular tomorrow at some local shops that might have one. Beyond that, is upgrading my keyboard the only solution? I'm still thinking about the average kid or teenag
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time Signature Question by Brian Lucas @ Yesterday at 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By EM DeekaSo in OPs case shouldn't the equivalent /4 time signature be 2/4 ? Yes, if you wanted 2 groups of 2, instead of 2 triplet feels, then yes, the equivalent would be 2/4. Originally Posted By Smurfette...the strongest beat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Do chord substitutions need to be diatonic to the key by DeadPoets @ Yesterday at 02:43 AM

E.g. I-IV-V in C major I want to substitute the G dominant with a B flat chord let's say. Or the F with an A major chord of some sort.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By boltCheck out the Kawaii VPC1 Also a good board, but needs a sound module or computer attached and the action is not as nice as the MP11, which has longer keysticks. Still, it is considerably cheaper.
Piano Teachers Forum
The question in this thread is about exams. For some reason, Guild was mentioned a few posts into this thread, after which we got the explanation that Guild isn't involved in exams. But the discussion keeps going back to what Guild does. That woul
Piano Forum
Check out the Kawaii VPC1
Piano Forum
Try the Kawai MP11. Its action is by far the closest you'll get to the real thing. I go from it to my Steinway downstairs and tbs difference isnt so shocking that its bothersome. Same action also as the CA65 or CA95.
Adult Beginners Forum
Reporting in... Retired a tad early last night (midnight), and got up to 45 messages in my inbox this morning That has to be a record! Haven't time to read all posts right now. PS88 sent me the tune last night. Uh... this must be the 2nd easy versi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by keystring @ Yesterday at 02:30 AM

Is this setup of "claim cycle" only for music created by you, Polyphonist? Are the others still doing their music according to the system we've been using up to now? I can't participate in the "claim cycle" type of setup - I can
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by lluiscl @ Yesterday at 02:25 AM

My understanding that it was also a project from Paulello pianos: http://www.stephenpaulello.com/sites/def...henpaulello.pdf http://www.stephenpaulello.com/sites/def...henpaulello.pdf
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "cuivrez" dirin Messiaen by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By FerdinandBruceD, Dolmetsch behaves the same way on my computer as you describe, if the browser window is not maximized. But if the browser is expanded to fill the entire screen, the dropdown menus act normally, allowing the rang
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice about Yamaha upright piano by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 02:23 AM

It'll be a YUX. I bought a 1980 UX new - the YUX was the later upgrade model. Sold at a small premium $$ over the U3. My recollections from 1980 when I tried both: The U3 had a brighter - almost too bright - tone. It also had a Sostenuto pedal.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By SwissMSI just finished # 19, Tchaikovsky "In Church". Hopefully I will have another completion by the end of the week. That will be half way through the 40! That was really good, I think my version lasts 3 minutes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And so the search begins... by michaelha @ Yesterday at 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By CaineWithindale- I suppose what I meant by that comment is that it's not unlike buying a car here in the US where the process is so off-putting that many consumers avoid it. My thought was that if it were easy to determine wha
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different action in piano by BDB @ Yesterday at 02:13 AM

I think that if you had the skills to replace a soundboard, you would have known the answers to your questions before you started. Have you thought about how you are going to glue up the soundboard? How you will clamp the bridges and ribs to it? How
Page 22 of 22 < 1 2 20 21 22
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha C2 from 2003
by RaindropPrelude
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
"Tone" and "balance"
by qazsedcft
Yesterday at 05:38 PM
Which Beethoven sonata has this rhythm?
by JoelW
Yesterday at 02:56 PM
Shipping a concert grand by air cargo...How do they do that?
by Piano Practice
Yesterday at 02:51 PM
A pianist's 'touch' affects sustained tone - NOT!
by prout
Yesterday at 01:40 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,446 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,386 Topics
2,411,445 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission