Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: wr[quote=SiFi] The "Ligeti thing" is for player piano (ad lib. living pianist) - and it has been played
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Piece ID by IstvánE @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

I have this ear worm which I can't remember who wrote! For solo piano, and there may or may not be an orchestra accompanying. I initially thought it sounded like Rach, but now I've no idea. Here's a midi that's probably incorrect and out of the corre
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pre purchase inspection by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

Any piano that old can use some evening up of regulation issues. If the wear is so low that the hammers do not need shaping after 33 years-the piano has been little played. You didn't indicate your geographic location. If your locale has a highly v
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: height of piano bench by EBB @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Thank you very much. I saw a concert pianist somewhere on this site say that your forearms should be inclined slightly to the keyboard. Since I am a newbie I don't know where that was but it generated my question above about this. I am six feet
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NON-CLASSICAL COMPETITIONS FOR ADULTS? by Markarian @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

Hey, do you have any links to your music if you have managed to make any recordings? Understandable if you don't have them. If you ever make it up to Seattle, you're welcome to use my studio, if you like. I have played on digital pianos all my life
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Advice Digital Piano < 800 GPB by bnolsen @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

wrt the cn24 vs cn34 it depends on what you want to do. if mostly just piano the cn24 will be fine. the cn 25/35 is coming soon so that will impact pricing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light Hammers- Computer Analysis of 4 Grand Piano Actions by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Will, I added a clarifying sentence to my previous post. I have used the three softest felts Ronsen offers and all work. I do use the silver maple moldings. They are the best. I also have Ray make the treble hammers narrower than the rest.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do Parents want to hear the truth anymore? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

First before I address this question, please do not be discouraged! Sometimes in a studio you wax and wane. You go through changes where you refine your teaching style and the kind of studio you wish you have, and this results in those that don't fit
Jump to new posts Pre purchase inspection by mellie62 @ Yesterday at 10:00 PM

Hi to all, Have been looking to buy a small grand and I've found a Schimmel 174 1981 grand for sale that I like the sound and touch of very much. It's being sold on consignment by a tuner/technician and appears to be in excellent condition, one own
Nice!
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: OlekThe first thing I evaluate when tuning is what is the minimal force to use that allow the string to move. I must feel it moving, with the pin, in the lever. If the wire does not move as expected I first play more often.
Jump to new posts Re: Postings in this forum by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

This did happen on the Piano Teacher's forum several years back. There was a teacher - who shall remain unnamed - whose husband would often post in her stead. He was not a teacher, it was my understanding. I never quite figured out which one of them
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai AT-120 47" From 1995? by johnntran123 @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Thanks! I'll ask my piano tuner his thoughts.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Do Parents want to hear the truth anymore? by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

I have lost 10 students in the last several months. This is more than I've lost in years. All of those students (with one exception) were never prepared for lessons, forgot or lost their music, routinely missed lessons, and barely practiced, if at
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light Hammers- Computer Analysis of 4 Grand Piano Actions by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Thank You Ed, You certainly have developed an interesting method there. I appreciate you going into more detail about it. I think I get it now, you have a certain feeling that you like, and you can duplicate that same feeling every action. You feel
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: jeffreyjones Scriabin's music is so awkward to play, and the Fifth Sonata isn't even the worst example. The Tenth Sonata might be the most extreme. All of his sonatas have a kind of diffused counterpoint that is hard to control
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: height of piano bench by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

The bench should be where when seated your elbows are level or just slightly higher than your wrists.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

To be successful serving pianists, technicians must learn what pianists feel when they play. I don't find a tremendous divergence in what pianists like. They like pianos that perform well and which make them feel comfortable playing. Some adjust fas
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light Hammers- Computer Analysis of 4 Grand Piano Actions by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Ed, I just read your post - thanks for putting some flesh on the bones you have been tossing us. It is now much more tangible and understandable. I do want to be clear about this - at the beginning of the process, you have removed most or someti
Jump to new posts Re: Postings in this forum by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

I am definitely Kawai James then. ;-)
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

Thank you, RXD for your contribution. Mark's question is legitimate. Sometimes, flanges are so loose that you can move them with your fingers. I would go back, in this case to the spinet piano that we worked on. One can roughly space the hammers w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light Hammers- Computer Analysis of 4 Grand Piano Actions by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

Hi A443, Yes i understand that, and you can go back and forth between tone regulation and action regulation to settle it in. Thats the way i was taught. But Ed is talking about a different approach, with some kind of an integrated process and someho
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light Hammers- Computer Analysis of 4 Grand Piano Actions by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

As I have said before. Starting the tone regulation process without, (or at least with very few once you are experienced at judging tone/touch and judging what your customer likes), key leads lets you sense the control of the hammer at the key. You l
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light Hammers- Computer Analysis of 4 Grand Piano Actions by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

"There weighed as they are" Do you mean, "There, weighed as they are." If so, what "they are"? Or, did you mean, "They're weighed as they are". Still the same question. I don't understand what you are tryi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggios! How and how much do you practice them? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

I think the key with arpeggios and scales, too, is that at first, don't try to do them quickly. Just do them well at whatever tempo that is for you. Accuracy and complete confidence in where each note sits is of greater importance than speed. If you
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piece ID
by IstvánE
Yesterday at 10:14 PM
Pre purchase inspection
by mellie62
Yesterday at 10:00 PM
Do Parents want to hear the truth anymore?
by chasingrainbows
Yesterday at 09:28 PM
DEBUSSY- 'The terrace for moonlit audiences'
by Hal Freedman
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
Baldwin PS2500 ram battery
by mooh320ps
Yesterday at 07:47 PM
Who's Online
48 registered (bennevis, Altair, alfredo capurso, beet31425, 7 invisible), 887 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76281 Members
42 Forums
157681 Topics
2316085 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission