Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
145 registered (accordeur, Albunea, Alexander Borro, 255, 40 invisible), 1413 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult beginner online help by EM Deeka @ Today at 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By Tiggs... Given that Hugh graduated from the Curtis Institute and was a piano professor there for 19 years, what would be my reasoning if I wanted to argue with him about Hanon? Just tell him armchair experts at PW ABF said so
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ Today at 04:24 PM

i will be asking about the new modelling technology during some upcoming meetings at head office, as I am curious as well. Apparently we'll have access to all the new models at that time. But I'm not in those meetings until August 10th and 11th...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lyon & Healy "apartment grand" electrical wiring by Rich Galassini @ Today at 04:22 PM

Hi David, Yes, it looks like you have an old piano there. I see some fine cracking in the bridges at the pins, worn knuckles, worn hammers, etc., etc. Enjoy it for what it is. Have you had a technician look at it yet? I personally feel it is beyon
Jump to new posts Re: quality digital piano by PianoMan51 @ Today at 04:18 PM

Well Dan, I wasn't expecting your answer, because frankly I think you already own and play your solution. I've gigged with a VAX for past 2 1/2 years. Play into a MBP rather than a receptor, but basically the same thing. Why not use what you already
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by lophiomys @ Today at 04:16 PM

I wonder, why in the short description of "SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling" the phrase "physical modeling" is nowhere to be seen? There is a mentioning of "unique modelling process". I'd like to know more about the inner w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lyon & Healy "apartment grand" electrical wiring by David Farley @ Today at 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By RicksterI would say it's more likely from the 1930's than the 1980's. How does it sound and play? I don't think I'd spend a lot of money on it, even though it was a gift. Maybe a good action lube job, hammer filing, tuning a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rode NT55 vs AKG P420 recording test by Piano_Brazil @ Today at 04:10 PM

Thank you, Lee. I like test 002 more, either. Cardioid, spaced over the treble and bass strings, but directed to the open lid, and not to the soundboard. I'll try different positions, and let you know. So far, I am recording using only the Zoom Q8 in
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Ballade in F minor by lautreamont @ Today at 04:01 PM

If the pedal is indeed the soul of the piano, this was quite a soulful performance. The link only increases the mystery, beet31425. I skimmed through it but could not help but imagine the blog with an accompaniment of Dane Rudhyar pieces.
Adult Beginners Forum
One of the pedagogical use of this piece is to learn how to change finger on the same key and produce a nice legato singing line with minimal use of the pedal, the tempo is slow enough to be able to do it and to me sounds better without all the harmo
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Piano VST Shootout: Cast your vote! by daz100 @ Today at 03:52 PM

I like 7 the most and would also say 7 is the real piano.5 would be next on the list and I think its pianoteq bluthner.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Privia PX-150 legs by eibgrad @ Today at 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By somThanks for your replies. I will place it at a 90dg angle with my desk, and use my office chair. Are the Stagg-legs stable, and does it prevent the keyboard sliding around on top? Depends on the unit. As long as the DP's
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Pete14 @ Today at 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By protealQuite impressive how quickly Roland cranks out new actions and sound technology. But I wonder why they still don't offer a full pivot length key like Kawai GF. Anyway, can't wait to give these a try, I might upgrade from
Five hundred dollars for a three year old Yamaha CLP-430 seems like an unusually good deal to me. Check there's nothing wrong with it very well.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By ezpiano.orgOriginally Posted By Doritos FlavouredOriginally Posted By Musicdudealthough I AM getting accustomed to it somewhat. I have to, because about 90% of my students are under 10. But really, I'm only teaching because it
Jump to new posts Re: High end piano suggestions by Pete14 @ Today at 03:44 PM

Based on the measurements of the CLP585 it seems that Yamaha did indeed stretch the instrument to better accommodate the 88 keys, and for aesthetic reasons. The N3 was both stretched and pulled. What is wrong with Yamaha?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Ballade in F minor by beet31425 @ Today at 03:44 PM

Oh, I think there are some surprises. For instance, if you click "Show More" on the video page, you find a link to BachMach2's blog site, whose leading post begins "Though I have not investigated source information, I have been given
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Performance at Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facilities by debussychopin @ Today at 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By RerunOriginally Posted By debussychopinGiving back? I'm sorry but if ever been to some of these places the residents are as sharp, sophisticated, and many a times cynical as much as we are. We are not really giving back in any w
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with parent during my "break" by Tiggs @ Today at 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By keystring So why is it a good idea to suggest to this father that he change his profession? I'm not sure what you've been trying to get at here. I work in tech support, and often a customer will say, "This is happening,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
cordoba, there is a lot of discussion of CA elsewhere in this Forum. It's an extremely useful and effective technique.
Adult Beginners Forum
In terms of other volumes with "careful finger markings" for Ein Chorale, the Neil Kjos edition of Album for the Young (Keith Snell editor) has fingerings that are more detailed than those in the link you shared. Snell approaches the piece
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by proteal @ Today at 03:36 PM

Quite impressive how quickly Roland cranks out new actions and sound technology. But I wonder why they still don't offer a full pivot length key like Kawai GF. Anyway, can't wait to give these a try, I might upgrade from my F130R.
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Pete14 @ Today at 03:35 PM

Have y'all noticed that the HP605 is the HP506 re-arranged. What's up with that, Roland? Did they run out of number combinations? I'd be fine with an HP777, but I'm gonna have to pass on the "605." Sorry, Roland.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hans according to pianists - famous composers. by beet31425 @ Today at 03:33 PM

This was taken from a reddit post of a few days ago. (link) I think it's just something someone did for fun. The creator explained them a bit as follows: Quote:Explanation: Chopin: mixer because he reminds me of one sometimes. Example [links to o
Piano Forum
I would say it's more likely from the 1930's than the 1980's. How does it sound and play? I don't think I'd spend a lot of money on it, even though it was a gift. Maybe a good action lube job, hammer filing, tuning and regulation, and play it fo
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By gooddogThe Debussy is the only one I agree with. IMO, the rest seem pretty ignorant. I think the same. the rest are just generalizations based on 1-2 pieces...
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which great pianists of the past were notoriously nervous?
by pianoloverus
08/04/15 06:10 PM
Can you gess this piece?
by Kénan
08/04/15 05:44 PM
QRS vs Pianodisc
by SF10
08/04/15 05:02 PM
Schumann Op 68 no 4 Ein Choral, to pedal or not ?
by Alexander Borro
08/04/15 02:43 PM
Daily Assignment Suggestions/Question
s

by ChavoPues
08/04/15 02:36 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,255 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,992 Topics
2,433,003 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission