Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
My experience, with jazz festivals and single performers, is that most prefer a fairly bright instrument. With a solid drummer(percussionist)and amplified instruments, a mellow piano can get lost. Small groups; quartets/sextet can live with a quiete
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning a piece under a deadline, good results? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

Definitely better results if I learn it first, then have a long interval of time in between, then perform it. Performing freshly learned material is stressful, and I don't have as thorough a grasp of it yet (even if I can play the whole thing). Of co
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Revolutionary Etude by Batuhan @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: ChopinLives81Not my best performance since this was while I was re-learning it, but this is somewhere around 130bpm or so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVoSopqkqVA&list=UUawz4Gw0on_3DXjRVO9WR_Q why you lift your finger
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano K4 EX, tell me more... by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

Greg, I think if/when a VPC2 is developed, we will stick with the 'piano like, minimal interface' of the VPC1. I believe that there may be just enough room in the market for a MIDI controller with a very high quality keyboard action, pitchbend/mod
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: TX-BluebonnetIt took longer than I thought it would, but I finally finished up "Chiapanecas" this evening. Tomorrow I'll start "Auld Lang Syne." I may just stick with one Alfred's piece at a time for a while
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Learning a piece under a deadline, good results? by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 10:05 PM

Can anyone recall if you've had good results learning a piece within a deadline as opposed to learning it by your own schedule? I wonder if the motivation to learn the piece for a performance or something has a positive effect on the outcome.
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano K4 EX, tell me more... by thercman @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

Thanks Gary. I read the article you linked to. It is pretty hard to find a decent weighted 88 key midi controller with after touch. It seems that the manufactures discount both in their designs. Personally I think after touch is a must have for pla
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

voxpops, thank you for your post. Eric Harrison, thank you for your post too, and the positive comments. The shipping delays are a headache for all concerned, however we're grateful for everyone's patience while the situation is resolved. It's gre
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuning career prospects 2014 by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

Technicians in general have to be better business people these days. There was a time when technicians I talked to were complaining that they didn't return calls anymore because they were too busy. Today, we need to use creative methods like asking
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

I think plenty of people saw the post, and gave the reply that it merited. BTW, I didn't notice anything about a "permutation."
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by fnork @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: iLawOriginally Posted By: Batuhan i hate Schoenberg, Wagner, Brahms, Ligeti, Stravinsky, Ravel, Xenakis, Cage, Haydn, Berg, Hindemith, Penderecki, Prokofiev ... That's what makes the world go round. I'm working on pieces by th
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

ando, it's good to know that someone understands what I am describing. I didn't think this was possible in a rebuilt piano.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by fnork @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: beet31425 Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: JoelWOr shouldn't you? There have got to be some major composers that you don't like. Not everyone likes everybody. Well? I try to learn what I can from all of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Family Member... His name is Charles Walter by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Benn I can feel the smoothness of the action. Passages that I used to struggle with time and time again, just effortlessly roll off my fingers on it. Id love to have my acoustic at least redone, the hammers anyway , I n
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning strings by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Thank you.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Gors Spangenberg by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Does anybody know anything about this brand?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by iLaw @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Batuhan i hate Schoenberg, Wagner, Brahms, Ligeti, Stravinsky, Ravel, Xenakis, Cage, Haydn, Berg, Hindemith, Penderecki, Prokofiev ... That's what makes the world go round. I'm working on pieces by three on your list right now
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 with IOS device by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Hello Jon, I'm not aware of any hardware changes to the VPC1, so I expect the situation is unchanged. Even when using the VPC1's AC adaptor, connecting directly to an iPad/iPhone doesn't appear to be successful. As mentioned above, adding a powered
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Korg M1 by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bonesymy wife's uncle just gave me an old Korg M1, but no owner's manual. ... Thanks in advance for any tips. You can download the manual from Korg's web site. Or google: korg m1 manual
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Korg M1 by David Farley @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

I know nothing about Korg M1s, but this looks like a good link to a Korg M1 manual. Enjoy. http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Korg/Korg_M1_Owners_Manual.pdf
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Rach - Etudes-tableaux op. 39 (selections) by fnork @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

These practicing recordings were made by a tired pianist by the very end of a long practicing day. Have mercy. And if you have any feedback, do write. Op. 39 nr 5: https://app.box.com/s/y1rr324z5m0lv9i7x8b6 Op. 39 nr 6: https://app.box.com/s/f0rznq
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 'Classical music revamps image to attract younger audience' by pianosNpreschooler @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Doritos Flavoured 2. same sex now reproduce? they are raising other people kids As a hopeful adoptive parent who has worked hard to raise 'someone else's kid' that is kind of hurtful. My son is my son, the girl I babysit i
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Bob @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: BDBThe bidder may have more than one technician. But there is always that old saying, "You can have it cheap, you can have it good, you can have it fast. Pick any two!" The bid winner said he was the only tuner, but
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading books or resources for a beginner? by Barry1963 @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: earlofmar"Improve Your Sight Reading" by Paul Harris is a good series I can recommend (I have several) and I have one "A Line A Day" which is fine. In essence I think most of these books are similar. I just
Jump to new posts Help with Korg M1 by bonesy @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

First post. I am a beginner (playing 3 months) and my wife's uncle just gave me an old Korg M1, but no owner's manual. Is anybody familiar with this synth? How do I operate its basic functions. Specifically, how do I change sounds? Right now I am stu
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pianos of Downton Abbey
by Almaviva
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Learning a piece under a deadline, good results?
by ChopinLives81
Yesterday at 10:05 PM
Gors Spangenberg
by PhilipInChina
Yesterday at 09:28 PM
Help with Korg M1
by bonesy
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
Screw stringer parts needed
by tenspan
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
Who's Online
83 registered (ando, Alux, anotherscott, Almaviva, 18 invisible), 1066 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76620 Members
42 Forums
158431 Topics
2326641 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission