Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
146 registered (accordeur, agoriaket, 8ude, AjLongsPiano, 34 invisible), 1685 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Charles Cohen @ Today at 01:01 PM

It would have been nicer if the video's music had been music from the new piano, rather than orchestral dreck. But this could be the end of "Casio only makes watches. What do they know about music?" And if the samples (if it uses sample
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How Do You Store/Organize Your Sheet Music by EpsteinofSC @ Today at 12:59 PM

Check this link out for filing your sheet music...http://www.oblique.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42&Itemid=123
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: sweeper soundboard cleaner (made in Sweden) by David Boyce @ Today at 12:57 PM

HansC2, I've fixed my Soundboard Cleaning page. It works ok now on Chrome, Firefox, Micrsoft Edge and Internet Explorer (and I presume, other browsers too).
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Those LH octaves in the Heroic by Hakki @ Today at 12:54 PM

sking why are you doing this? why? I really want to know. WHY?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Busoni Piano Competition by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By Orange Soda KingOriginally Posted By HakkiBusoni competition without a Busoni concerto? Now that I agree with!! At least the Indian Fantasy? Or Op. 17 or Op. 31a? And the Bach Chaconne transcription just for Mark_C! 😀
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 Hamilton Baldwin or Steinway Vertegrand? by David Boyce @ Today at 12:49 PM

Wow hard choices! Take them both - get rid of a bookcase somewhere to make room! The Steinway Vertegrand is among the best upright pianos ever made; according to some sources, the best. And if you have been told that this one is in good shape, it's
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA17 vs CA67 by pe2Dave @ Today at 12:49 PM

Thanks Hendrick - much appreciated. I'm going to see a Kawai next week, not sure I have the experience, but I'll try the two (side by side), see if I can tell them apart!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Those LH octaves in the Heroic by sking @ Today at 12:48 PM

I use 5445. Just think fingertips and getting your fingers stronger. It will give you more control. When you go up for the 2 black note octaves your wrist should elevate but it should go back to where it was when you get to the E and B octaves. At f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Busoni Piano Competition by Hakki @ Today at 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By da96103Fellow musicians and enthusiasts, calm down. Just bear with Hakki for another 29 days. He is in the final stages of withdrawal before his favorite competition commences. Then he wound post more uplifting comments. (May
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by pianoloverus @ Today at 12:41 PM

If it's price is "name your own" it sounds like they are basically giving it away. So chances are it's not in decent condition but anything is possible. Could it be a "decent" instrument? ... depends on your definition of decent.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA17 vs CA67 by Hendrik42 @ Today at 12:41 PM

Yes, the sound source and the sampling should be the same. The sampling is HI-XL and they both have the Kawai EX and the Shigeru Kawai EX, but the CA67 has one additional Shigeru Kawai (SK-5) sample. If you mostly play through headphones, the two ad
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by Rickster @ Today at 12:39 PM

At that age, if it has never had any work done on it, it's probably more furniture than musical instrument, but not necessarily. If you can "name your own price", I'd gamble a bit more and go ahead and hire the tech to check it out. That'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by Olek @ Today at 12:37 PM

180 cm is a very decent size, often the models that size are better balanced than larger ones) I do not know that brand, the only one I did see (around 1900, not me, the piano) did have a really weird action and an horrible touch, very difficult t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Busoni Piano Competition by da96103 @ Today at 12:37 PM

Fellow musicians and enthusiasts, calm down. Just bear with Hakki for another 29 days. He is in the final stages of withdrawal before his favorite competition commences. Then he wound post more uplifting comments. (Maybe...)
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By VisaliaDo you challenge yourself with what inversions you play to improve your overall muscular memory on the instrument? Use inversions to improve the arrangement. For example if you are playing a stride accompaniment on G chor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated Notes (Chopin Op.18) by sking @ Today at 12:31 PM

It's whatever works for you that gives a clean staccato. I use 323232 on the E-flats and then 212121 on the Fs. Then....it's 23 on the E-flat to A-flat to get my thumb on the C, not 24.
Adult Beginners Forum
Hasn't happened yet but it's about to. Right now I can always find the time to practice. But I generally have to do it alone otherwise my husband is watching Tv so I have to do it when he is way. We both work at the same place of work. We both wo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Michael Logozar - Reverie by MichaelLogozar @ Today at 12:28 PM

Hello everyone! I wanted to share a new composition with you from my upcoming album: https://youtu.be/-Mc0Xo833HM Comments are welcome.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Alexander Borro @ Today at 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By ando It's an unusual looking action - not a pure acoustic action by the looks of it. Time will tell how it plays, but having Bechstein involved sounds promising. In that polish youtube video it looks quite springy/bouncy when h
Pianist Corner
Bear in mind . . . Some institutions are persnickety enough put additional charges on private music lessons. Also, a jury (final performance exam before the rest of the faculty) may be required even for non-majors depending on credit hours for the
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by dire tonic @ Today at 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By andoCasio has really lifted its game over the last few years. Good to see them pushing the big guys. Looking forward to trying one of these babies. I only hope the samples match the action. Hopefully they are new samples not hear
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Wind Etude arpeggios by sking @ Today at 12:19 PM

What you want to do is use 5241 for the most part of the piece. I do this so I really don't have to think too much about using other fingers. I use this fingering with a few variations. in bars 41-44 I use 1425 exclusively. just practice it slowly pl
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA17 vs CA67 by pe2Dave @ Today at 12:17 PM

Thanks Hendrik. Of interest - better action (I thought they may be the same). Do you know if the sound source is the same? The sampling or generation. My focus is on one or a few piano voices, through headphones.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By David BoyceIt's only good for light dusting, not for real CLEANING. It's interesting too that the promotional photo shows the grand piano with the lid already removed - not that easy a task in itself. A seventy-year-old piano w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 1907 chickering grand by christineka @ Today at 11:57 AM

I can send my technician over to look at a 1907 chickering and son's 6 foot grand. Assuming decent condition, is it worth sending the technician over? Could it be a decent instrument? (Assuming it's in good condition.) Price is "name your ow
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland wifi/bluetooth connections
by pe2Dave
09/02/15 01:18 PM
Steinway "steel" frames?
by Erchoukyrie
09/02/15 01:06 PM
1907 chickering grand
by christineka
09/02/15 11:57 AM
Chicago Amateur Piano Competition - Aug 2016
by RonaldSteinway
09/02/15 11:56 AM
What kind of piano is this?
by Justice Post
09/02/15 11:48 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,598 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,629 Topics
2,441,389 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission