Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
117 registered (andres_1001, Aleksandre, 36251, anamnesis, accordeur, ando, 31 invisible), 1557 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I always roll my eyes when I here people describe equal temperament as having "no color". That is poppycock. Even a person with very poor vision can recognize the difference between a black & white photograph, and one that has color. In
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to become classical musician by bennevis @ Today at 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By the nosy apeOriginally Posted By gnuboiYou know, I think about picking up the viola all the time! And smashing it into little pieces? What's the difference between a viola player and a vacuum cleaner? You have to plug in a vac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by bennevis @ Today at 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By rocket88A cd of signature sounds, that is a great idea. I it will not be perfect, but it should give some clarity regarding the sound. I would buy such a cd. The nearest such CD I've ever found is one where Cyprien Katsaris pl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is this G1 really worth? by ebonykawai @ Today at 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By nhpianosOriginally Posted By PianoWorksATLIt would be fair to say that, when new, that G1 was higher quality than a new GC1. Maybe, unless you're speaking about tonal quality or tuning stability. I can't think of enough bad thin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gender ratio among pianists by Compianist @ Today at 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79Originally Posted By bennevis Males teaching kids (especially on a one-to-one basis) get problems that female teachers in the same situations rarely encounter. ... What kind of problems are you talking about? Referen
Pianist Corner
I registered for David C's listening class, the senior concerto class and adult program. There are a group of new people from our piano group coming this year. Looking forward to see you all again of course!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by Norbert @ Today at 04:57 PM

It's a subject that has been going on for very long time. Without conclusive results. I recently found an interesting documentary about how we "perceive sound" with the basic fact that every person perceives sound somewhat differently. htt
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Here's another peer-reviewed paper that ties perfect pitch into cognition by researchers at McGill University in Montreal. Given the ties to neuroscience and language I suppose those idiots at McGill are wasting their time on this old wive's tale. R
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Here's the thing by toyboy @ Today at 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By the nosy ape Making actuators that can depress the keys with the precision necessary and developing machine hearing sensitive enough would probably be the greatest hurdles. While we worry, engineers are hard at work. https://m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to become classical musician by the nosy ape @ Today at 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By gnuboiYou know, I think about picking up the viola all the time! And smashing it into little pieces?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Set Up for Skype Lessons (Suggestions Pls) by laguna_greg @ Today at 04:54 PM

Noise cancelling makes it impossible for the two you to play at the same time, as does the slight time lag.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P22 vs Yamaha M3 by Norbert @ Today at 04:52 PM

P22! Norbert
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by EP @ Today at 04:48 PM

I too have been through this course and think highly of his method, especially if you are interested in developing a style that might be described as popular, cocktail, etc. Not jazz, but an arrangement style that gives you an essentially unlimited n
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Here's the thing by the nosy ape @ Today at 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By the nosy apeOriginally Posted By JoelWI mean if the brain is just a complicated computer then it should logically follow that we should be able to invent a computer as good as the brain ... Why on eart
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Organ Showcase Number Thirteen" by Steve Chandler @ Today at 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By Larry G. AlexanderThe title line is incorrect. This is my "Organ Showcase Number Sixteen". So it's not your unlucky organ showcase, that's good to know. This is a fun romp.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone tell me the name of this piece? by Aleksandre @ Today at 04:45 PM

Yeah, but I'm trying to figure out what's the name of the piece from 0:00 to 0:30 ..
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Computer software by Phillsmit3 @ Today at 04:40 PM

I'm just about to take delivery of my first piano. It has a USB connection to connect to computers and phones. I have a PC and android phone. I am wondering what software you would suggest to use this connection to its full potential? I am clueless w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by gooddog @ Today at 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By VidOkay - I got the go ahead for time off. Guess I better register now! Seems like there is going to be a big turnout for adults this year (again). Hurray!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Anne H @ Today at 04:33 PM

Updated!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone tell me the name of this piece? by Carey @ Today at 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By Aleksandre Youtube The part when it starts.. Thank you in advance. ,Aleks This is what starts at 1:30 in the video. https://youtu.be/xLBWx_2y4R4 And it is briefly quoted at 0:34 in the video. As for the remainder of t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone tell me the name of this piece? by bennevis @ Today at 04:31 PM

Well, there's a snatch of Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody No.2......
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Random Piano Thoughts by torquenale @ Today at 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By keysandpawsI'd be interested in a "one recording take only" online recital where we all vow to post whatever happens on our FIRST recording run through, whether bad or good! That might help simulate a live performance s
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by Rille Stark @ Today at 04:28 PM

The videos! As it seems, not only for kids! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWWHmPoEcxw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcEbfzAlQkI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srllQWC8b-c Peace
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by rocket88 @ Today at 04:24 PM

A cd of signature sounds, that is a great idea. I posted as much several years ago...a cd that would have the same music or notes played on good examples of each brand, perhaps at the same piano store so as to minimize room differences, and thus to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by torquenale @ Today at 04:22 PM

SwissMS, I was catching up with the AOTW forum when I read that your husband had a surgery a couple of weeks ago... I wish him a good recovery! And, you've met the piano at the train station... it's a nice thing. I'm not frequently there, but I've n
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Replacing Genuine Ivory Keytops
by Keelan Taylor
04/28/16 05:19 PM
Computer software
by Phillsmit3
04/28/16 04:40 PM
Can anyone tell me the name of this piece?
by Aleksandre
04/28/16 04:14 PM
Attending advanced recital: Inspirational or demoralizing?
by INBoston
04/28/16 03:51 PM
Keyboard for a one year old?
by ZeroZero
04/28/16 03:24 PM
Forum Stats
83,445 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,275 Topics
2,519,447 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission