Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
80 registered (AmateurBob, ando, Almaviva, 36251, 17 invisible), 1702 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by Beakybird @ Today at 07:18 PM

Hurray! Let's start a new thread for user experiences.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another question about the thumb by gooddog @ Today at 07:01 PM

Both, depending on what you are playing.
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts 7th Piano Bridges Amateur Competition, July 2017, Russia by pianobridges @ Today at 06:59 PM

Dear friends! The 7th Piano Bridges International Competition for Amateur Pianists will be held in St. Petersburg, Russia, from July 2-8, 2017. We welcome amateur pianists aged 17 and above from all c ountries, people of various occupations for
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Tony007That's a very convincing performance, I like it! Sometimes a certain nervousness is not bad, since it can shift us into a "transcendental" mental state That's exactly how I hear it on this recording! Old treas
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Another question about the thumb by Karaba @ Today at 06:51 PM

When the thumb moves by itself (excluding the forearm), is it more correct to move it from the second joint or from the wrist joint in order to play? Thank you for your replies.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by Ralphiano @ Today at 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI think many people lack drive at this time of the year. I certainly do. Me, too. I can't fini...
Originally Posted By SvennoWonderful!! Thank you !! ....and I thought your Prokofiev Toccata performance was superb!
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by MatthewS @ Today at 06:41 PM

USER LOCATION: Sydney NSW Australia MAKE: Roland MODEL: FP-90 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: $2999 including stand (KSC-90), pedal unit (KDP-90) and bench DELIVERY CHARGE: 0 VENDOR LOCATION: Canberra, ACT Australia VENDOR NAME: Better Music PURCHASE DATE
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: distance between tones by keystring @ Today at 06:39 PM

You are probably right, Prout. My main context would have been melodic, especially within major scales because of the Solfege thing as a child. I will hear chords as a I V cadence, but won't necessarily hear G7 - C, and C7 - F as being different.
Jump to new posts Re: Prokofiev - Toccata by Carey @ Today at 06:39 PM

Bravo !!!!
Jump to new posts Re: End of the recording road.. by sullivang @ Today at 06:34 PM

Thanks - I like the sound quite a lot. Unlike the previous ones, I actually think it has a nice ambience whilst at the same time sounding rather intimate. I personally don't think it needs more reverb. (unless you want a typical classical sound, whic
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by MatthewS @ Today at 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By PercivaleIn my opinion, Dawson's demo was terrible - in terms of recorded SQ. A stuck sustain pedal, too much compression? Perhaps, the couple of black keys in upper register being stuck confined all the playing to the middle of
Tony - It has been several months since we've heard from you - and now we know why....you've been practicing !!! I listened to your Beethoven Opus 10 No. 1 recording two times yesterday from start to finish and enjoyed it very much. Your inter
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by TrevorM @ Today at 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By Adam107But the accompanying books - in this case Ragtime, Classical, and Jazz and Blues - all say 3A-3B on them. So while we're going to do all the 'core 3A' books together and then of course proceed to the core 3B books, what
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by TrevorM @ Today at 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By Mario2015 Plateaus are another issue. I think your idea of playing such a beautiful piece as Pure Imagination is a good one. It would be just the thing to motivate you to get back into swing and possibly start climbing again.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: distance between tones by prout @ Today at 06:02 PM

I think your long association with music, especially the listening experience you have had, has solidified the recognition of intervals for you. As I said earlier, IMO, only countless hours of listening to and indentifying intervals, will create the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ljud's piano beginner thread by dmd @ Today at 06:00 PM

The farther along you get the more you will hear ... Use any finger that works for you. That is what it comes down to. Pure logic will work for you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ljud's piano beginner thread by Ljud @ Today at 05:57 PM

Thanks to the both of you. I see now. It's "simply" what's the most efficient, what finger placement is more beneficial for continuing the piece. But it sure would be nice to have something to go by Having a teacher would be splendid, but
Jump to new posts Re: End of the recording road.. by prout @ Today at 05:47 PM

Nice playing and nice sound Chris. Did use use line out or usb for the transfer to Audacity? Also, I really like the intimate sound of the recording. It's what I am trying for on my AP. However, you could play with adding a bit of reverb. DON'T us
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ljud's piano beginner thread by Sam S @ Today at 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By LjudTo make an example. If G is my first note to play, and my second note to play is another G (moving an octave upwards/to the right). What finger placement is best then? The thumb on G both times? Play octaves with 1 and 5,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ljud's piano beginner thread by JoBert @ Today at 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By LjudThanks for replying. That makes a lot of sense, but it still makes me a bit confused about how to know the optimal finger placement. So, there is no general idea? If G is my first note to play, it could be justified using eit
Piano Forum
Retsacnal, Thank you for your comments. I think that the following (some of which was buried in my previous posts) relates and explains to your finish comments. Please note that this is not specific towards Steinway but true towards other piano make
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best Recent Recordings (since 2000) by benjamink @ Today at 05:34 PM

Maria Lettberg's Scriabin set was from 2010 as well.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Importing antique pianos from abroad with ivories by Klavimaniac @ Today at 05:26 PM

What about importing to Canada first? The Besbrode sales rep also mentioned the option of exporting from private address in Europe. Or what about sending the keys separately ?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ljud's piano beginner thread by Ljud @ Today at 05:15 PM

Thanks for replying. That makes a lot of sense, but it still makes me a bit confused about how to know the optimal finger placement. So, there is no general idea? If G is my first note to play, it could be justified using either 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5? No
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Teacher?
by ~Ryan
Today at 10:50 PM
Roland FP-90 User Experiences
by Beakybird
Today at 09:54 PM
7th Piano Bridges Amateur Competition, July 2017, Russia
by pianobridges
Today at 06:59 PM
Another question about the thumb
by Karaba
Today at 06:51 PM
HB Tuner v1.6 (major changes)
by Hakki
Today at 05:15 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,770 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,794 Topics
2,576,263 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission