Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
78 registered (Anita Potter, Auver, AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, 22 invisible), 1244 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At 100 years old, she says music keeps her well by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Thanks for posting that Rich.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: questions about tuning the top octave by Richard Parks @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

I just logged on tonight, after having left quite some time ago due to the arrogance and the many insinuations (character assassinations) in this forum... I must say, I see little has changed since- saving for the fact that it does now appear that so
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Keyboard for $500 - and software to help learn? by Freebird308 @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

Hello, Complete beginner and would appreciate some advice. Looking to purchase a keyboard that mimics an acoustic piano as much as possible. Would like the keyboard to be around $500. Not looking for a ton of special features, but would like some
Pianist Corner
I think the secret of a first piano is one that is well regulated and in tune. It doesn't need to be fancy, but it does need to be competent.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At 100 years old, she says music keeps her well by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Nice human interest story, Rich! Thanks for sharing.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing piano without a piano by Francisco Scalco @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

Train your hand muscles! The interossei and the lumbricals, this will definately help your playing. If you need help with how to train them away from the piano, PM me, I have some exercises I can show you. Also, I'd recommed taking the WTC with you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hailun 161 vs johannes seiler gs-160 by Fabian @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

We sell the HG-161 here in Austin. I can confirm that there was a period of time in 2013 where the Ebony sharps (genuine) had a rough finish. The dealer should have caught that during prep. However, it only takes less than 1 hour of tech labor to
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by Arizona Sage @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: T E Bekkenhttps://soundcloud.com/dr-bekken Here's one of my improvisations, 'Downriver'. Interesting tonality with your piano. Upright?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by Arizona Sage @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

Forth and Back: I really enjoyed the underlying droning chords and the freedom of the melody.
Jump to new posts Re: Tech's visit to fix buzz by rysowers @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

I always forget to look at the thread dates! Although now I'm curious...how did this story end??
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: my struggle to learn pop piano by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Improv comes from doing something planned a lot, and you just remember that and apply it. That means you do have to play it enough in different situations to recognize that as a pattern that can be repeated and applied in different situations. It so
Jump to new posts Re: You can tune a piano, but you can't... by rysowers @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

this thread makes me miss Jerry!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing piano without a piano by Oongawa @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

I thought I had seen someone on here indicate that they use a rollup keyboard when they travel. It wouldn't be as good as a keyboard but it might be worth a look. It might be smaller and easier to carry, though of course fake keys would be no fun to
Jump to new posts Re: ...........making strange noises??? by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTOriginally Posted By: Tim SullivanUh...12 year old thread! Indeed. I wonder what is going on here unless it is an attempt to show that the good old days when the "real" techs were on here (but who ha
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning on a digital by keystring @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Jonathan, I have a digital piano, and for this part "overplaying the key depth" I can see it because we don't really have a choice. Most digitals are set up in such a way that the sensors only register when the key is pressed almost down -
Jump to new posts Re: You can tune a piano, but you can't... by christinabettis @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Eric Gloo...tuna-noodle casserole. lmfao!!!!
Jump to new posts Re: Keyframe corner rounded at una corda spring contact by rysowers @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Yes, you need the brass hardware in there! Best to take a micrometer measurement It would be very easy for a local welding shop or machine shop to make you replacement parts based on the cheekblocks, and a micrometer measurement of the width of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: my struggle to learn pop piano by Oongawa @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

I'm following the same struggle. I've been playing classical for a while and now trying to learn to play from a lead sheet. It is very hard for me to figure out what to play if it isn't written on the page. I can play the melody with the right han
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: my struggle to learn pop piano by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Like everything, it starts with baby steps, and lots of them. Playing in other styles is actually rather easy and more ear-oriented than Bach. Bach is harder, for sure, but since you are not familiar with playing in other styles, Bach is more "c
Jump to new posts Re: Korg SV-1 by Mind Flayer @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it, hopefully picking it up tomorrow or Tuesday. Another reason I decided to go with it is b/c it sounds like they have a great user community and excellent customer support.
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by petes1 @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonRD800 owners, any of you experience a slight static-pop when layering more than two voices. It's very subtle but I notice with headphones. I noticed this a while back. Again very slight but it's a bit annoying
Jump to new posts Re: ...........making strange noises??? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Tim SullivanUh...12 year old thread! Indeed. I wonder what is going on here unless it is an attempt to show that the good old days when the "real" techs were on here (but who have since left in droves) were not much
Jump to new posts Re: "Fully Tempered Duplex Scale" Tech article coming March by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

For those who have doubts that longitudinal modes affect treble tone I have a very recent quote from Richard Dain of Hurstwood Studios regarding the bridge agraffes on the Phoenix Piano. The quote was provided by MiguelAngel07 who PM'd me citing what
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts my struggle to learn pop piano by carojm36 @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Hi, I've been lurking a couple years now. At 65 I took up piano, again, for the umpteenth time. I never had lessons as a kid but have known basic chords and inversions since I was a teen. But I never learned to just play melody and accompany with
Pianist Corner
DaveInJapan - I had the good fortune to perform both of these sonatas. For the No. 1 in F minor, I used the Schirmer edition edited by Eric Simon For the No. 2 in E Flat Major I used the Carl Fischer edition. Both were perfectly fine - and finger
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
About Roland's PHA4 STANDARD and F-130R
by Yussnan84
56 minutes 42 seconds ago
Call me irresponsible....
by harpon
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3?
by blackjack1777
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
Keyboard for $500 - and software to help learn?
by Freebird308
Yesterday at 09:35 PM
my struggle to learn pop piano
by carojm36
Yesterday at 08:51 PM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159307 Topics
2340152 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission