Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
66 registered (AZNpiano, AndrewJCW, Acco, BachToTheFuture, augustm, 18 invisible), 944 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Four Pieces (Liszt, Lyapunov, Alkan) by Nemaara @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

Made some recordings to test the tuning of my piano. As it turns out, I've been playing on out of tune pianos for so long, I can't even tell when it's in tune anymore. -__- Anyway, music for those who want something to listen to: (Liszt) Hungarian
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best Bach Pianist by monelle @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Love Tureck and Fischer. There are not too many recordings, but if you can find them, those of Kapell and Lipatti are also extraordinary.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: How much time do u spend practising ? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

It's not about the time, but what you do with it. The soreness in your back/shoulders means you're posture needs some work. So does mine, but mine is overall bad posture that I'm trying to correct with help from a chiropractor. So I don't sit for a
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Fantasie Op. 49 - Eek, This is a Hard Piece! by Nemaara @ Yesterday at 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By SiFi I played this again today and it was even worse. What is going on? I must have played it a couple of hundred times - at least - without mistakes at home. Yet this afternoon I kind of got lost twice and still feel bad abou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First ever (as an adult) live recital was today by Medved1 @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

re alcohol - regardless of what's in your flask, make sure there's a drink in the hands of the audience members..........
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin preludes ranked by musica71 @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Well I for one have spent years on Prelude Op. 45...fooey to you! Seriously..I love it!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polished ebony:Lacquer vs. Polyurethane vs. Polyester by Pianocat3 @ Yesterday at 09:58 PM

Lol I said IF I want it to look good. It's usually dusty since I'm not much of a housekeeper. Good tip though, didn't know.
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade piano stand by nightertale @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDThat's an interesting piece of work that you have created. My only thought is that, proportionally, the feet look much too small, dainty, and delicate for the rest of the piece. I hope it serves the purpose well. Regard
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning the transition away from method books by ebonykawai @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

That's awesome, Brian, you got through that book really quickly!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mellow Piano Question by Rickster @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By johnbarnesiiiI think definitely the added height adds to the warm rich tone I'm going for. Just not sure that my Baldwin studio would ever achieve that, even with voicing. Thanks for the complements, John, and oldmancoyote. I'm a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Hi WenJ, Having the parent take notes on a notebook or practice sheet is very normal with children of an age likely to misunderstand or forget their practice assignments. I don't personally, but I do take time to explain the practice assignments to t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin preludes ranked by JoelW @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

I thought you were talking about the Allegro de concert. My mistake.
Jump to new posts Re: How much time do u spend practising ? by Yohei @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

As a beginner, I'm still going up and down some scales and basic chords. Normally within 2 hours my body gets worn out and I suppose it's because my body hasn't accommodated enough to sit on a piano chair, relaxed and move all the body parts efficien
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Too young to teach piano? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Be sure to observe some lessons for beginners and young children given by an excellent teacher. That's the best way to learn. And yes do consult with your own teacher on an ongoing basis.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids of non-musical parents by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

^ or doing it despite being told not to every week The one thing different with musical parents is that they really do see music as a valuable activity that should be done daily. They're more likely to immerse their kids in good music, and to suppo
Jump to new posts Re: Roland / Yamaha by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

Yes, good call.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann Artist Series (AS) Grand Pianos by Jonathandavid @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Norbert. On what YouTube link?
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts 1908 Chute & Butler Player Piano by Leepee @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

I just got a 1908 Chute & Butler player piano. The guy I got it from says it's a 1908. I have no idea how to tell. The serial number is 53070. I have a lot of work ahead of me to restore it. The bellows have been removed. The bellows were re
Jump to new posts Re: Roland / Yamaha by torhu @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

Or the Casio PX-5S, which can still be used for piano practice in a pinch...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by Jonathandavid @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

I feel bad for the OP. We have hijacked his post. Norbert. You are correct in saying Ritmullers are NOT a stencil piano. I sell Hallet Davis which there signature series is built by Pearl River despite what Mr. Fine says in his book.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by jotur @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

5. peterws - 4 Notes, Great fun! I love the rhythms. I want bad habits like this 13. Newbert - Nearness of You What a great feel to this - an old black and white movie with couples dancing in a restaurant. Tasteful backing, too. 21. Copper - Goodn
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Simple (?) music theory question. by scepticalforumguy @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftCheck out: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_(music) All the other intervals have a major and a minor version. The major scale only uses some of these intervals and the minor scale uses others. I think this m
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts My new cover by Acco @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

Hope you like it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mellow Piano Question by johnbarnesiii @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Love the video Rick, the piano sounds great, as does your playing I think definitely the added height adds to the warm rich tone I'm going for. Just not sure that my Baldwin studio would ever achieve that, even with voicing.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how to regulate your grand piano by yourself ? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

My brother-in-law arrived today from Jakarta, and I was telling him about your situation. If you're near Jakarta, PM me and I can give you the names of a couple good technicians.
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Easy lead sheet classics
by johan d
05/24/16 03:20 AM
Cleaning keys
by musicbased
05/24/16 01:58 AM
protective case for studiologic gl88 grand
by Mta88
05/23/16 11:26 PM
Is my Chickering (Chicago) Acoustigrande worth the rebuild?
by imnickb
05/23/16 08:39 PM
Rib eye vs Sashimi
by Keith D Kerman
05/23/16 07:32 PM
Forum Stats
83,736 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,888 Topics
2,527,213 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission