Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ Today at 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTHasn't anyone seen Isaac's video where he bangs on the hammer to demonstrate stability? He clearly tunes two unisons; one dead on and one coloured but still beatless. The difference between a "dead" u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales by zrtf90 @ Today at 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By: johan dSince last week i am practising the C major scale (4 ocatves)...will the others be easier to learn?...I know others have mentioned it, but my teacher says the whole 4... so.Yikes!!! I find it impenetrable that you're aski
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Jamie_from_Canada @ Today at 09:44 AM

Olek, I applied a stronger alcohol solution again this morning. We'll see how that works out tonight. I'm hoping this will work because right now I don't have the tools, supplies, or knowledge to change a pin.
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ Today at 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTAre you backing down from your claim then? Where will this all end up? I saw "-0.1 0.0 +0.1" and you claimed that you could do it, so let's see the proof and I mean real proof and I don't mean on just
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Sushi Hammer @ Today at 09:43 AM

Quote:I hear varying 'clanking' or 'thumping' sound inside the panel. Like wooden pegs hitting each other. It really sounds like something loose inside. Hi, sorry for the delay in replying to your urgent sounding post. I definitely do not hear such
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Jamie_from_Canada @ Today at 09:42 AM

Mark, I hadn't even considered that. You're probably 100% correct though, like the old fashioned metal coils in a thermostat with two different metals on each side that expand at different rates. I'm curious then, as the season changes if I'll see co
Jump to new posts Re: Viennese Action by musicbased @ Today at 09:39 AM

Yes definitely. They can be refurbished,new parts are available etc,but changing it to a modern action is much harder.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Music stores in Boston by Jamie_from_Canada @ Today at 09:39 AM

Hello folks, I'm going on a vacation to Boston this weekend and I was wondering if someone could tell me of any music store(s) that have a good inventory of classical music scores. Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 09:35 AM

Hasn't anyone seen Isaac's video where he bangs on the hammer to demonstrate stability? He clearly tunes two unisons; one dead on and one coloured but still beatless. The difference between a "dead" unison with no projection; tone that seem
Jump to new posts Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... by ChoPraTs @ Today at 09:35 AM

What happened with your Kawai MP11? Why returned? Have you returned two MP11 or you bought two and now you will use only one?
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Sushi Hammer @ Today at 09:34 AM

The DP-90Se will then be the prime candidate for my next upgrade!
Jump to new posts Re: Viennese Action by PhilipInChina @ Today at 09:32 AM

So the answer would be to keep the Viennese action working as long as possible?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales by wimpiano @ Today at 09:31 AM

Your teacher is always right.. My teacher says two, always hands together. There's multiple thruths
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Jazz Pianists and Compositions by Arizona Sage @ Today at 09:25 AM

Since you mentioned Glasper... Try some Esbjorn Svennson Trio stuff or some Brad Mehldau perhaps for some interesting arrangements of popular music. Both very unique styles.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales by johan d @ Today at 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoOthers have mentioned it but the 4 octaves are really unnecessary at this stage. I know others have mentioned it, but my teacher says the whole 4... so.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Op. 10, No. 1 for small-to-medium hands by anamnesis @ Today at 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Tim R Stinnett I hardly know what to say to Anamnesis's remarks about "profound" misunderstanding of legato. Pontificate all you want, but at least base your remarks on the conversation going on in the thread so that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading: Rhythm over correct notes? by Arizona Sage @ Today at 09:19 AM

My problem is simple....Everything I want to learn is beyond my current ability. I just take my time and learn things bar by bar while committing as much to memory as possible. Then when I finally figure out a piece, the musical notation is just a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Need a stool of some kind by GeorgeStorm @ Today at 09:19 AM

Hi, Been a while but I've moved back to my university town, and I brought my Kawei ES7 with me, but there isn't enough room for me to use my desk chair with it (not a bit enough gap between the piano and the bed) so I was thinking of getting a stool.
Buzzing doesn't come from imprints [or, at least not entirely]: it is caused by the wire--usually being bent upwards by heavy hammers--acting against a termination point that is too round [on a hard blow]. This metal is so hard that it has remained p
Jump to new posts Re: Viennese Action by musicbased @ Today at 09:17 AM

Changing the action from a Viennese to modern style is very,very,very involved!-it's not just a simple case of take the old one out and put the new one in,there are massive differences in the design which make changing it a real challenge.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales by wimpiano @ Today at 09:16 AM

1 Crescendo. And btw. start with 2 octaves. Others have mentioned it but the 4 octaves are really unnecessary at this stage.
Just a few random things in answer to PM's. There is a lot of interest from those who would rather not join on the fray. If the inserts are, indeed harder than music wire, they should not be grooved or worn. The first time I heard one of these pia
Jump to new posts Re: KawaiMP.com now online! by Kawai James @ Today at 09:04 AM

Thank you Marcos! I'll revise those points tomorrow. Cheers, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales by johan d @ Today at 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesYou could try a slight crescendo going up and decrescendo going down next. Say playing 4 octaves in a row, is that 4 crescendos on each octave, or 1 crescendo from note 1 to the last note of the 4th octave? Or 1 octave
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: First sonata by DameMyra @ Today at 08:56 AM

Before you move onto a sonata would you consider learning a sonatina first? A little longer than some of your aforementioned pieces with a little more complexity. Clementi and Kuhlau are standard for most pianists before tackling a sonata.
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
NAMM 2015 - Are You Booked??
by Piano World
10/01/14 12:09 PM
Music stores in Boston
by Jamie_from_Canada
10/01/14 09:39 AM
Need a stool of some kind
by GeorgeStorm
10/01/14 09:19 AM
Schoenberg's Kammersymphonie Op. 9 (for piano)
by jeffreyjones
10/01/14 08:48 AM
Old Schumann Upright
by UnrightTooner
10/01/14 08:24 AM
Who's Online
158 registered (accordeur, 36251, alans, ajames, 46 invisible), 1696 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76389 Members
42 Forums
157920 Topics
2319266 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission