Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: joe80Sam - if I may say, your main problem is your lack of experience as both a pianist and as a piano buyer. You are coming from a terrible piano that is clapped out, to new grand pianos, rebuilt pianos and all these variations
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: A443 Regardless, that is why it is soooooo important that the keyframe and action brackets [and the blocks] are installed in the piano's ultimate playing position before setting the action rails! <----that is the secret to ge
Adult Beginners Forum
This must be the 10th time I say it, but well, I'm really surprised to all the help you're willing to give me guys. It's definitely unusual, especially for someone that just joined the forum like me, so here again, thank you, I mean it. Quote:Just c
Piano Teachers Forum
Gary, I think that's a great piece. And it's perfect for the early advanced player who isn't ready for the big programmatic works but needs to develop their imagination.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Gary D.You may be overlooking the fact that transposing instruments have different pitches. I taught trumpet for many years, so I am very familiar with the fact that Bb trumpet, for instance, is a whole step higher than piano wh
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Tim Adrianson After listening to Vid's Rachmaninov, I'm kind of intrigued by the tempo. I've never cared for this prelude, and one of the reasons is the apparent disconnect between the menacing "A" section and the year
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by Del @ Today at 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Karl WatsonRickster's new Baldwin R calls to mind that it's very close in size to the Steinway M. There are those, like Keith K., who believe that this scale is one of Steinway's very best. Others, like myself, have never play
Pianist Corner
Video Game music, specially piano arrangements of Final Fantasy Series
Pianist Corner
I recall that I was 10 years old in the 4th grade and the school held a talent show. I remember coming home in tears that I couldn't do anything at all. My Mother told me I could take piano lessons on my Grandmothers old upright (she lived next doo
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Jordan P @ Today at 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed FooteOriginally Posted By: Jordan PWhen you (meaning anyone reading this) tune for clients using this temperament or any other than ET, do you tell your client beforehand? Or do you just do it then hope they like it as well
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by GWILLY @ Today at 01:47 PM

Having said that - all things being relative - The RD800 is fantastic, and I hope to try it out with Ravenscroft software later this year! I think I could be downgraded as a future purchaser by a number or two!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by scorpio @ Today at 01:43 PM

Maybe I am over exaggerating the plastic key issue. But when I practice at home (P155), sometimes I tend to slip on the keys. I do not experience the same during my lessons on an acoustic. I suppose I could be doing something wrong.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: gooddogFor me, it was about the example set by my parents. I grew up surrounded by the recorded sounds of Heifetz, Rubinstein, Horowitz, the New York Philharmonic, etc. and I loved it all. I often think of my father, exhausted f
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Greener---- As for your lastest Synth, Weaky. On the first Am. LH plays A then E but then goes back down to A ... dull. Instead of going down to the A, go up to the higher A. Then back to E then up again to the higher C then bac
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What IS this song? (And yes, I mean "song"!) by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 01:15 PM

*sigh* I am doomed never to figure this out, I think. I either must learn the Raindrop prelude with the idea that learning serves to paste over any prior associations, or NEVER play it so I'm not frustrated with not being able to figure it out. U
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by musicpassion @ Today at 01:11 PM

Either of them can be excellent pianos. I've never had good examples side by side to take notes on how they sound different.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What IS this song? (And yes, I mean "song"!) by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 01:10 PM

Sadly, no to Jesus Christ Superstar and West Side Story. But creative. Think the mood and pace of Moon River, or theme to Love Story, though they are not it, and are actually getting a bit in the way of me putting my finger on it. I can definitiv
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Ed Foote @ Today at 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Jordan PWhen you (meaning anyone reading this) tune for clients using this temperament or any other than ET, do you tell your client beforehand? Or do you just do it then hope they like it as well as you do? Greetings, N
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by dire tonic @ Today at 01:10 PM

- I don't see that there's any way to define an ideal weight. In any case I doubt anyone would advocate 'as heavy as possible'. If the idea of working with a heavy action is to avoid being ill-equipped to cope with uncertain actions in strange plac
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by GWILLY @ Today at 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: dewsterOriginally Posted By: StarboardAny modern $100+ smartphone could probably store and power an OS and piano library engine of greater size and complexity than even the toppest-of-the-line DPs, so it's depressing that we can
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by Michael Sayers @ Today at 01:08 PM

Spoiler Content Even this? (you can spare your ears by not listening . . . ) Spoiler Content
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by Olek @ Today at 01:04 PM

That sound more an more strange How can you center the hammers above the shanks when their CG in vertical mode asks for at last 1 tilt, and the rotation creates a lateral displacement of 2-3 mm. An instrument can only give what he have. crispness
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: PathbreakerOriginally Posted By: hreichgott Johann Sebastian Bach Invention no. 1 in C major BWV 772 - Performed by Vid Invention no. 2 in C minor BWV 773 - Performed by Vid Such a great sound in this recording. I assum
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polish rebuilding at SAP by bkw58 @ Today at 01:00 PM

Hi Ed: Have you ever found that when, say, a 70 year old S&S grand is rebuilt and the old whippens are retained - they all 'look and feel good' - that, due to a renewed interest and pleasure in playing, the piano is played much, much more and wit
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by GWILLY @ Today at 12:58 PM

Just a question for Marko if you're out there. The case that you were recommending (the one you use personally for the RD800) am I to assume, you're able to use it even with the power chord modification? Also, any issues with using the rollers on th
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
147 registered (ando, accordeur, ajames, 43 invisible), 1866 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75560 Members
42 Forums
156229 Topics
2294471 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is a Yamaha P35 appropriate for church services?
by Giancarlo Robles
07/28/14 03:59 PM
Need suggestions for Music Room
by Gatsbee13
07/28/14 03:39 PM
Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions
by Dwscamel
07/28/14 12:52 PM
What do you think made you passionate about music/piano?
by Spuds
07/28/14 11:45 AM
Tune lab question
by RonTuner
07/28/14 11:32 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission