Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
168 registered (accordeur, 36251, Almaviva, ajames, 40 invisible), 1763 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Steinway L price by overeat @ Today at 11:45 AM

I understand about the out of tune, but it's a private party, so any suggestion or experience on how to get it in tune first? Just get a tech to check and tune at same time?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Gadzar @ Today at 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: kpembrookOriginally Posted By: Gadzar But then I don't understand why you launched this thread. To my knowledge you are alone in using the DSU technique, so nobody can comment... Not alone by any means. Virgil Smith was one o
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by login @ Today at 11:42 AM

100-150 is very cheap for a quality audio interface, all the decent ones are in that price range. Almost any other solution will require an upgrade later (those creative cards and other audio cables). I al so live in a third world country, I know s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Truecrypt's take on Chopin's Barcarolle by Hakki @ Today at 11:32 AM

Truecrypt's interpretation of these measures is as wrong as it could be to roll Chopin in his grave. In general, his interpretation of this piece belongs to early last or late 19th century, when concert pianists regarded themselves above composers.
Bluesman, Is the fit and finish of the H2 as impressive as it appears in the pictures?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: IBLA Competition? by phantomFive @ Today at 11:30 AM

So really the question she wants to ask is, does she have any chance of winning, or is the jury fixed, so only the pre-chosen students can win? I think it's really a shame how most competitions have an age limit.
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by Alexander Borro @ Today at 11:28 AM

I would second the ElmerJFudd post as +1. I wouldn't spend a 100 - 150 Euros on a decent audio interface in this instance to begin with, no matter how good the headphone out of the audio interface it will not combat the limitations of the piano sou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Snow by Pathbreaker @ Today at 11:26 AM

I'm told it's more than 28" outside but I'm just inside having a lazy day. (saving my strength to clean it up tomorrow of course) It's so cold that it's just light fluffy stuff. No big deal. Easy to clean and no trees falling on the house (yet)
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by toddy @ Today at 11:26 AM

Italian Snow said: Well, I don't know about garageband samples and why do I need to use other piano samples at all. I want to record clean P-35 piano sound, "my" sound, that I hear when I play it, not just other simple samples... That is
Jump to new posts Re: Applying Superglue to Tuning Pins by Maximillyan @ Today at 11:25 AM

http://youtu.be/61PVFDejOyw I may be wrong, but CA pours into the bushing only. Canadian man laid paper towel, but I have no doubt that it's need
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: RetsacnalOriginally Posted By: PhilipInChinaI keep thinking this thread is over, then it proves me wrong. Agreed. I cringe each time it floats back up in the topics list. The best choice then is not to post to it.
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by jtsn @ Today at 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: ItalianSnowSo this is a problem. I don't want expensive cards because it's meaningless with my piano and I'm not looking forward to make much work with the recording, and too cheap models can make no other difference from mac.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway B price by Keith D Kerman @ Today at 11:22 AM

If it is a nice B, that is a very good price.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
All that jazz New Scientist vol 168 issue 2270 - 23 December 2000, page 48 It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing. But what is swing? WHEN the musical West Side Story opened in London in 1958 the producers had a real problem. They di
Jump to new posts Re: what is a piano strings expected life span? by OperaTenor @ Today at 11:21 AM

I have the good fortune of owning a 1921 Hamilton Manualo that to me sounds the same as the day it came out of the factory. It's all original, except for the bridle straps, and the hammers were resurfaced once in 1977 (while I was apprenticing). It g
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by jtsn @ Today at 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: ElmerJFuddBut also, you have a Mac Book Pro! Download Garage Band if you haven't already, the Piano samples that come with it are surely a step up from attempting to direct record your P35. In no way they are. http://www.piano
Jump to new posts NEW AVANT GRAND ? by Karl Watson @ Today at 11:18 AM

OK - now that the NAMM show is over, did the rumoured new Avant Grand materialise ? Karl Watson, Staten Island, NY
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need advice on everything please! by laguna_greg @ Today at 11:16 AM

Rose, the advice given so far is very good. A couple of other points: 1- It's easy to appear "professional". Dress the part as best you can. Show up on time or early (if you're teaching at home, just be ready before they get there). Co
Music Perception: An Interdisciplinary Journal 2002 University of California Press Abstract: The timing in jazz ensemble performances was investigated in order to approach the question of what makes the music "swing." One well-known aspe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: H. Steinway watch ? by Jean Claude @ Today at 11:15 AM

I've got a Sauter washing machine.
Pianist Corner
That is a nice and well told story. Mechanical pencils seem much better than the alternative. There is nothing to throw away unless one of them breaks, and no need to hassle with sharpening them or with possible smudges of graphite powder.
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by OperaTenor @ Today at 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: bkw58Originally Posted By: OperaTenorThank you for taking the time to explain all of that, Bill. That covers every bit of my reasoning on it as well, and, coming from you rather than me, it carries more authority. Well said. S
Originally Posted By: chrisbellOriginally Posted By: GreenerWhen asked, what is swing? One can also approach it the scientific way. There is always a bit of a dichotomy between Art and Science. Swing is visceral. Study and analysis may help in
Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPT...How about this one? https://app.box.com/s/q7vosp2amts8b83kuy8t I would add that it is in a key that is not supposed to work in non-ET. The very reason why such a temperament should never be chosen! It wa
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Sushi Hammer @ Today at 11:07 AM

Great! As I've mentioned before this is the first keyboard, I've purchased with no regrets.Now, 5 months later -- I feel the same. Here's a tip though. One thing my kids (who play piano) told me the day it arrived, is that it did not sound as good a
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recording session gigs
by Thomas Williams
23 minutes 3 seconds ago
Ravenscroft in ivorys cantabile
by daz100
35 minutes 29 seconds ago
Shopping for grand piano
by Scott U
Today at 01:03 PM
Price of Buying a new Boston Upright UP 118E PE
by Kartik
Today at 01:00 PM
NEW AVANT GRAND ?
by Karl Watson
Today at 11:18 AM
Forum Stats
77890 Members
42 Forums
160964 Topics
2364619 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission