Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear by khopin @ Today at 12:54 AM

Has anybody tried the headphones Sennheiser Momentum On-ear. I have no possibility to try them with a digital piano, therefore I'am asking here. How do you compare them to the HD models Thank you in advance
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Starr Keys It seems to me that even in classical music, knowing where the essential harmony notes are in relation to the melody note without having to read them is important to flow. I'm wondering if other classical players fin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:34 AM

Most pianos are scaled so the elongation curve is reduced for the notes at the bottom of each top treble section compared to the notes at the top of the section. This means that for a given dimensional change the less elongated notes will change pitc
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I bend the same way using round-nosed pliers. It is easier to thread a replacement string under the capo and damper that way. A quick bend the opposite direction lets the wire hold to the hitch pin without a clamp, and directs it down toward the plat
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by backto_study_piano @ Today at 12:21 AM

Hi - what sort of piano, and size?
Jump to new posts Re: Surge protection? by TX-Bluebonnet @ Today at 12:20 AM

Thanks everyone! I took a look at the links that were kindly provided. The APC brand does look pretty good except for quite a few complaints about the batteries dying within a matter of months. I still may go with one of those, but based on some of t
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: MikeN I personally think Godowsky's greatest music lies in the Sonata, Passacaglia and Strauss transcripts with glimmers of great ingenuity here and there. For me, his best is in the Strauss arrangeme
Jump to new posts Re: Headphone Amp? by OneEye @ Today at 12:18 AM

Will a soundcard make the sound better?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moderators: Why was my Old Steinway Thread Deleted? by phantomFive @ Today at 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: RetsacnalOriginally Posted By: AJFThere used to be this show on the Canadian comedy network called 'Talking with America' hosted by a famous Canadian comic named Rick Mercer. In one episode he had a US senator congratulate Prime
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by Tararex @ Today at 12:08 AM

I immediately selected Eb Major and A Major. Then listened to the soundclouds and had a good laugh. Perhaps there's something to this because my first reply whenever asked for my employment title was always "Grand high emperor of the Universe,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An Apology to Rich Galassini & Cunningham Music by turandot @ Today at 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Rich Galassini I am not speaking for Mahermusic, Nor do you need to. Various opinions of the Matchless Cunningham have nothing to do with Mahler's public apology. My point was simply that the guy shouldn't be beating hims
Adult Beginners Forum
I think it's so awesome that everyone got to meet up for this.. Looks like all had a fantastic time. And what a gracious host! Carlos, well done! I want to be a European party goer!
I was originally taught to do everything in the way that Ed Foote describes. I did that approach for many years. In the end, I choose to deviate from that path for a number of very specific reasons (i.e., it didn't happen haphazardly). Since I monit
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello I'm a newbie :-) I'm glad I found this thread as I have read through some of the others in the adult beginner forum and most were well over my head! I am working on 2 Alfred L1 books - the basic adult piano course and the one for the later beg
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveAm I reading your chart correctly, that some of the strings are getting sharper over time? Yes. Here in the summer, RH goes way up, so if your house has no climate control, piano pitch goes up.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by AimeeO @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Hey! Glad ya'll liked the Fiona Apple.. Can't understand why it wouldn't link right. Recaredo, I was impressed with the finalists I saw. We saw only 4 of the 12. I'm hoping I can catch the finals on Sunday. I think poor BillyO got his fill Tuesda
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve CohenOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveI do feel that something was lost when the Steinway family gave up control of the company, though. What was lost? Motivated leadership that cares about pianos. Similar thing happen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Am I reading your chart correctly, that some of the strings are getting sharper over time?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts How struts define pitch variation between tunings by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

It's time for another tuning - last one was 6 months ago - and here the RH change between summer/winter is drastic. I already noticed that before, but this time after transferring the pitch variation of each key on a graph, it becomes even clearer.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you measure progress? by dmd @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

I stopped measuring progress long ago. I am not sure if I ever did that. I am not trying to "get someplace". I am just doing something I enjoy doing. I play pieces that I enjoy the sound of and seem to be able to play after a reasonabl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: July Concert Program - Signup and Planning Thread by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgott....It's disappointing for sure, and I feel badly for those who didn't get to play because a spot was taken by someone who then ended up not playing at the last minute. I hope that next time performers will be more rea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

rpw: Thanks for clarifying, and I'm in agreement with you on that. Seems like saying the finger number would just slow things down and make it more complicated than it needs to be. But other than that, I think this method will be a great way to help
Piano Forum
I'm totally unfamiliar with Pratt Read so I was unaware the sticker in the pic was representative of the action manufacturer.. Any info on Pratt Read, particularly in the Charles Walter?
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

At any rate, it is an illustration of "ill-temperment".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by woodog @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

Key of Be. Forrest
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 >
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
68 registered (AndrewJCW, angga888, a-z0-9, ando, 20 invisible), 1204 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75509 Members
42 Forums
156147 Topics
2293084 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mendelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
Today at 04:08 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 02:46 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 01:47 AM
Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear
by khopin
Today at 12:54 AM
How struts define pitch variation between tunings
by Bosendorff
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission