Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
71 registered (AndrewJCW, angga888, AprilE, Andrei Kuznetsov, Baroque Style, Alan F, 18 invisible), 1081 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: THANKSGIVING by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, and whatever Tiny Tim would have said for Thanksgiving had Dickens written "A Turkey Tale." 😂
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By hreichgottSvenno, if THAT was the one negative comment, your performance must have utterly rocked. Hats off. Thanks! Now that I think about it, that was indeed the only negative criticism i've gotten... Even my piano teacher
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Frank. by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

Why crossed keys?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Overcoming Injury - Personal Stories by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 06:04 PM

I did develop injury as a teen: tendonitis and ganglion cysts. Two teachers noticed problems with wrist tension immediately but couldn't tell me anything other than "try to relax more" and it got worse and worse from ages 13-18. Those teach
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Belated Birthday Orange Soda King! by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

Thank you! It was wonderful, and now I am spending the rest of the week with my family
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestion for tuning kit... by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 05:57 PM

Please not that there is no free trial version of Tunelab for iPads/iPhones.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by peterws @ Yesterday at 05:54 PM

Some of us want our pianos to sound like straight strung uprights. . .Not gona happen, is it?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to learn advanced piano techniques (ex: piano runs)? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 05:47 PM

Quote:Does anybody have any idea on how to learn or create complicated runs? Runs are usually based on scales or on other repeating patterns that have the same notes in the same order in every octave for a few octaves. The trick in playing them is us
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano concerto performance criticized for LACKING VISUAL STYLE by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By Svennomusic theory and composition teacher, who is also a music critic. Also, that should tell you enough right there
Pianist Corner
Svenno, if THAT was the one negative comment, your performance must have utterly rocked. Hats off.
Pianist Corner
In general, the things that bother me when a pianist plays a concerto: 1. (Males) not wearing what the conductor and orchestra are wearing. 2. Walking out on stage and approaching the piano with no confidence, as if marching toward a guillotine. 3.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by Garf @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

It looks like thomann.de just took 220 EUR off of the original list price.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Isolating notes for acapella singer by Dru Morgan @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

In retrospect, I see that there are a LOT of pages. But, perhaps one or two of the more lyrical ones will help her out. Thanks for the consideration.
The Vintage D is a better piano, but the Grandeur is easier to control. It takes talent to handle the wide dynamics of Vintage D. It's not for the heavy handed. But under the right control it sounds better than the Grandeur. VD was a top choice whe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Disney Piano Songs by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 05:16 PM

I don't know how easy you're looking for, but there are a lot of piano books for easy disney music. These are all very easy arrangements. http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Collection-...ds=disney+piano http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Piano-Solos...ds=disn
Adult Beginners Forum
24 & 25 November 2015 Played a lot of Buxtehude suites, see other posts..... 26 November 2015 Today a long day at work, did many advice calls with students and their parents at my college till 22.00h, I am teacher and study advisor, but........
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard stand for 50lbs keyboard by Possum SP280Krome @ Yesterday at 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By nsetiapThx again for the input guys!! Dealer just told me that ES8 has arrived. Will pick it up in 2 more days! Congrats! I am really enjoying it so far- the speakers are excellent and I personally love the action- later on I
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Choice of Piano for 8 Year Old Son by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 05:14 PM

It's great to hear supportive parents! Your son is very lucky. Do you have a budget in mind? What about space? Do you want a grand piano or an upright? If you let us know what your requirements are, we might be able to recommend some models to l
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Garf @ Yesterday at 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By lolatu The music rest on the HPs are on top of the piano, spinet-style. The music rest of the LX-17 is the lip of the fall board. So any pins would stick out when you put the lid down. I don't think it's a big deal. The Kawai CA
Jump to new posts Re: Tested a bunch of Kawais & Rolands today by Garf @ Yesterday at 05:00 PM

I'll try the CLP-545 when I have a chance. Yamaha is stocked by most music stores so it's likely I can test it locally. 575 is over what I'm comfortable spending. I agree the let-off is more pronounced on RM3/GF2 than anything else, but it felt pro
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Disney Piano Songs by BDB @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

You will have to buy a book, as Disney guards its copyrights assiduously. There should be easy arrangements. It is the advanced arrangements which are difficult to find. Incidentally, this probably belongs in the non-classical area.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: buying a computer to put near digital piano by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

You can get the same things that hold a laptop as well like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W58D4KI/ref=s9_al_bw_g229_i2 might be a good option? I really like the idea of having a proper computer hooked up not only because you get tons more
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By wouter79 LOL you will never become a pop star Well then thank god that it's the last thing i'd want to become!
Jump to new posts Re: Tested a bunch of Kawais & Rolands today by Garf @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By peterwsSome of those pianos have multiple instruments and rhythms but are not convenient for recording multi track stuff. If you like doing this, you need an on board multitrack recorder. I would use my current arranger for t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok Suite op. 14, no. 1 by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

Maybe this guy can give you some hints or inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r5kecJfS2I I don't remember the particular passage since I played this piece more than a half century ago!, but I remember seeing some videos where (for a differ
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to all our members and guests from the U.S.!
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Playing piano topless
by PhilipInChina
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Students with A.D.D
by Elysia
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Orange Soda King!
by pianoloverus
Yesterday at 04:13 PM
Special Thanks on this day to all the techs on PW
by chasingrainbows
Yesterday at 04:05 PM
Disney Piano Songs
by Marie101
Yesterday at 03:50 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,560 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,588 Topics
2,469,951 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission