Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
151 registered (accordeur, ajames, al reds, agraffe, 36251, 33 invisible), 1748 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by PM7 @ Today at 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By NikolasApparently not, since you keep offering a negative opinion on millions of people (if not billions). Confirmed. I have a bad opinion on lots of people, including many aspects of my own abilities and character. Originall
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts OT: Copy.com closes down by TheodorN @ Today at 02:07 PM

Hello everyone, Has anybody been using Copy.com? They've closed the shop. I didn't use it much, found the interface rather confusing and not intuitive. Shared a file once on the Casio forums, hopefully nobody will need it in the future. I li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by Alexander Borro @ Today at 01:56 PM

I got a recording down this evening too, first one, also count me in with another Einaudi piece Underwood from in a time lapse. By far the longest I ever did to date. The piece clocked in at 4:20 Einaudi, the original was 4:18, but perhaps that is
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: An impro by hreichgott @ Today at 01:48 PM

It's really fun I don't know if I understand the reference/background but I enjoyed listening. Heather
Piano Teachers Forum
I agree that your son is doing very well. As he grows he will gain more control for nuance and expression, but for his age, you should be proud. Also, while I am not fond of doing lots of technical exercises, I do realize that there are some people w
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by casinitaly @ Today at 01:46 PM

Oh, WOW, !! Very exciting!!! Can't wait to meet you in person!!!!!!
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by Piano World @ Today at 01:38 PM

Booking flights as we speak. Thanks for all the info. We arrive 30 June 8:30 am Will be leaving from Venice on 7 July. Very excited! Have to book our hotels next.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by laguna_greg @ Today at 01:37 PM

You might also consider a degree in music history, or theory/composition, both or which would require minimal piano skills.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by NorwichTim @ Today at 01:35 PM

Good job Cymbliss and Montuno on Scherzino. I have found all of Rachel's selections very enjoyable to study and play. Montuno, when I worked on that piece mine sounded very much like your 4 Feb post. I felt it was close to what Rachel demonstrated a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student not ready for exam by Morodiene @ Today at 01:32 PM

Since you gave her a deadline of the end of February, you should stick with that. When that time comes around, however, I would have a conversation with her if things aren't up to snuff. Let her know that you are doubtful, and list the reasons why (b
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: An impro by laguna_greg @ Today at 01:31 PM

Very cool, and well played!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By briangmoore Just listened to it! Theres a lot good there! You played through the "hard" part very smoothly, sounds good (I still can't do that--working on getting the fingering right, need to practice it more). The o
Pianist Corner
Thanks Greg. I'll take a look.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By argerichfanHands down (so to speak) one of my favourites in the E minor, Hoboken 34. (Easy to locate on IMSLP.) For some reason the transition from 2nd to 3rd movement is always an 'ah!' moment. Recently I heard our local keyboa
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By argerichfanHands down (so to speak) one of my favourites in the E minor, Hoboken 34. (Easy to locate on IMSLP.) For some reason the transition from 2nd to 3rd movement is always an 'ah!' moment. Recently I heard our local keyboa
Originally Posted By Mental NomadOriginally Posted By Kawai James - Improved note-on timing, with ability to trigger notes from the let-off point This is an interesting (and valuable) tidbit I've yet to see anywhere else. There are two (2) other d
Piano Forum
Keep in mind that most pianos get brighter or louder with playing, and the hammers compact. The K&C will probably climb just right in tone, while the Hallet Davis is already there, and may climb too bright with play. The longer K&C usually
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 XLR versus Jack output level by Mr Zaxels @ Today at 01:13 PM

Bear in mind, most audio interfaces with XLR inputs have said XLR input routed directly to a mic preamp, which assumes a much lower signal level than line level. XLR to 1/4 TRS can be done directly through a male-female plug or just a cable with dif
Pianist Corner
There is a specific period of time in a musician's life where they can and must devote most of their waking hours to developing themselves technically and artistically. It's usually in the early adult years, and everybody has to go through it if the
Jump to new posts Re: Role of each sensor in a triple sensor system by spanishbuddha @ Today at 01:13 PM

See the Kawai MP keyboard touch explanation.
Pianist Corner
Hands down (so to speak) one of my favourites in the E minor, Hoboken 34. (Easy to locate on IMSLP.) For some reason the transition from 2nd to 3rd movement is always an 'ah!' moment. Recently I heard our local keyboardist Byron Schenkman give a siz
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hallet, Davis & Co. vs Kohler & Campbell by Ramzi @ Today at 01:09 PM

Sounds good. Thanks for the advice! I'll go back to the store this weekend to test both with a bigger variety of pieces
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By ghosthand This is why young progidies can be excellent at technique, but it seems that you need to mature as a human being - call it AGE - before you can get the real musical understanding. If you listen to a recording, there is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hallet, Davis & Co. vs Kohler & Campbell by Rickster @ Today at 01:03 PM

I tend to agree with Ben_NZ; the longer model K&C would likely serve you well and retain a bit more resale value. I know many members here discourage buyers from considering resale possibilities as part of their choice, and to stick with the here
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano under 1500$ by Charles Cohen @ Today at 01:01 PM

FWIW - If you can stretch your budget to buy the Roland F140, it's a good choice. You have good taste. The Yamaha GHS action is lighter than most acoustic pianos. The GH action is heavier, nicer to play, closer to an acoustic grand piano.
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tuning Pins on Baldwin R
by Golden Chords One
02/12/16 03:23 PM
Posting pictures of customers' pianos
by BenP
02/12/16 03:15 PM
OPEN SCORE editions The Forty-Eight Fugues and Four Preludes
by Raindrops
02/12/16 02:39 PM
OT: Copy.com closes down
by TheodorN
02/12/16 02:07 PM
I promised myself I wouldn't post one of these but...
by gooddog
02/12/16 12:30 PM
Forum Stats
82,568 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,444 Topics
2,494,721 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission