Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
114 registered (Anita Potter, Anne'sson, Alkanaut, accordeur, A Guy, 27 invisible), 1446 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Harry Truman on Piano Shopping by phantomFive @ Today at 07:07 PM

With inflation, $125 in 1913 was $2,981 in today's dollars.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I think some people have the touch, and some do not. A test such as that given by the Piano Technicians Guild is not sufficient to tell. You need to judge yourself by the customers who do not call you back for several years.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do we play? by Whizbang @ Today at 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: JytteWhy do you play? I don't really know why. I do know that I hate watching sports. It honestly makes no sense to me. But there were sports that I enjoyed doing, however badly. Same thing with music. I will listen to piano
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: forum extremely slow? by Peter071 @ Today at 06:57 PM

I have the same problem. I just started a new thread, because the forum is too slow to use I didn't see your message before. Wouter is a Dutch name, are you also in the Netherlands ? On my laptop it is very slow and it takes minutes to open a page.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Harry Truman on Piano Shopping by iLaw @ Today at 06:55 PM

Wow. 1913. Pre WW1. He would have still been a 20-something farmer. He and Bess wouldn't have been married yet. Now I like him even more. Larry.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problems with the forum by Peter071 @ Today at 06:55 PM

I found the thread.
Piano Forum
Errata: Yuja, not Yaju. Sorry Yuja, your advocate defended the wrong "youja". Note: I can not edit my old post (timed out), and have to post a new one, to spell correctly Yuja's name, as my respect to the pianist.
Pianist Corner
Pover: to be sure I did not learn those pieces in pre-med, but took "lessons" to get rights to a practice room, and continued to play intermittently through med school. Someone was nuts enough to make me a church pianist; I bought a Rhod
Jump to new posts Re: Coming around the backstretch... by David Jenson @ Today at 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678Originally Posted By: RonTuner She had someone out about 20 years ago and was told "this can't be tuned" after about 5 minutes. It was about a step flat, came up to pitch just fine! More proof that when p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video available from "How It's Made" by rocket88 @ Today at 06:52 PM

A wonderful video!
Originally Posted By: bkw58Originally Posted By: rxdAll pianos come out of the factory sharp, sometimes very. If they can be kept sharp in the store, this is a good start to stability. Let them lose pitch by themselves. Tuners of old used to say neve
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: forum extremely slow? by earlofmar @ Today at 06:46 PM

someone else just raised a thread with the same problem and some of my emails are being returned as undeliverable (insert scary music here)
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft by VI Labs… First Look and Sound by sirwormsalot @ Today at 06:46 PM

I am about to step into the digital piano world and get a Kawai Mp11. Now, I'm aware that the default sounds are nothing when compared to a quality VST. I am looking at either the Ravencroft 275 or Galaxy vintage D. Personally, I prefer the sound of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Merry Christmas by MusicaMusique @ Today at 06:45 PM

Merry Christmas, everyone! Am I a bit early? I will not be in front of the Computer during Christmas. Here is a Christmas song Video of me. I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think, please. I have not been practicing for two years....
Jump to new posts Re: Blubbering and friction by accordeur @ Today at 06:43 PM

music32. I should repeat, the video where Mr. Stern explains broken key buttons and what work is needed is spot on. All the best
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales are a struggle by earlofmar @ Today at 06:43 PM

I think this problem will be more common than you think, hence why many people say c major is the hardest scale. My goal for 2014 was to learn all major and harmonic scales in four octaves. While some scales were straight forward I had to play others
Originally Posted By: PianoManChuckAs long as we're on the topic of the Ravenworks modded VPC1, this video deals with how it handles triple-sensor technology: http://youtu.be/z7heUyLkjCY 00:43 - "the first sensor sending a note-on MIDI m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problems with the forum by malkin @ Today at 06:38 PM

Hmmm. Wouter has also just complained of this, but the responders to his thread are not having any trouble.
Jump to new posts Re: Blubbering and friction by accordeur @ Today at 06:37 PM

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2363125 Original post in the piano forum.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by malkin @ Today at 06:36 PM

Some parents promote their kids' education in hopes of the child growing up to become a decent human being.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How about the piano Christmas thread? by MusicaMusique @ Today at 06:36 PM

My decoratíon for this Xmas! and My Version of Silent Night https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwPNBncVIpY?autoplay=1
Jump to new posts Re: Blubbering and friction by accordeur @ Today at 06:34 PM

She did, on facebook, youtube and her blog. Not a big deal, he does seem very competent. I just like to be asked permission for posting videos of me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0bGm2-bfVU
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Problems with the forum by Peter071 @ Today at 06:34 PM

I do not know where I should post this or where I can report problems. Since a few days I have big problems with the forum. On the laptop is very slow and it takes minutes to open a forum or message. On the iPad it does not work anymore. (there is
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai by Charles Cohen @ Today at 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: daz100. . . I will return hopefully when the store is quieter to compare piano sound again. The best thing I have found for sound isolation: . . . A pair of "in-ear monitors" like Shure SE215; . . . A pair of ind
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How about the piano Christmas thread? by MusicaMusique @ Today at 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: ChatNoirThis is what my Estonia looks like in the winter.... nice pic
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Trill technique question
by pianolearnerstride
12/19/14 10:19 PM
Anyone use a seat cushion?
by DeadPoets
12/19/14 08:48 PM
Lester Betsy Ross Spinet- worth?
by cobalt60
12/19/14 08:22 PM
How deep into the tuning hammer should pin go?
by JoeThePro
12/19/14 07:37 PM
The friction, blubbering, and lost motion are eradicated!
by music32
12/19/14 07:15 PM
Forum Stats
77362 Members
42 Forums
160004 Topics
2349644 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission