Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
112 registered (Andriuska, AZNpiano, 36251, Anne Francis, Anne'sson, 25 invisible), 2012 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by xyzzyFL @ Today at 07:10 PM

Although I'm not overly fond of classical music, I knew it would be helpful with fingering and reading so I picked up a couple of song books and have sort of mastered my first song. Included was a CD with piano examples of all the songs which helps o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you play piano? by David Farley @ Today at 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By David FarleyI came back to it much later, but now I consider myself a piano nerd. I like piano nerd. Can I be a piano nerd too? Sure - it can be my gift to Piano World.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yep, GHS/GH/NWX are all folded actions so like Roland's, the weighted rods are underneath the keys (and they do stick out, but not far enough to see in the angle in that photo. Here's a closer look:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you play piano? by Keith D Kerman @ Today at 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By JollyOriginally Posted By Keith D KermanOriginally Posted By JollyAt what point can you call yourself a pianist. Or simply a piano player? Is it after a certain number of lessons? Is it when you can perform a certain piece? Is
Adult Beginners Forum
Good luck for your application at the conservatory! Keep calm, and concentrated... Concerning the title of your thread, and throwing in some idea which you might want to think about for rating and preparing yourself: I don't think that leaving the b
Originally Posted By GombessaOriginally Posted By Marko in BostonOriginally Posted By 36251 the Roland could easily move their pitch bend above the keys. 88 notes makes the thing long enough. That might work. Something like this: My guess
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Ballade in b minor, S. 171 by gooddog @ Today at 06:52 PM

Very nice indeed!
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Ballade in b minor, S. 171 by D. S. F. @ Today at 06:44 PM

Amazing piece of music here. You play it with a dramatic sweep and great precision and control, and I suspect it would be quite a storm to be in the same room with this. The recording tames it a wee bit. Great stuff.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha SX series? by master88er @ Today at 06:37 PM

From my observations at the NAMM show, the main differences on both the Yamaha SX series and Bösendorfer VC series (from their brand counterparts) is in the rim. Both are incorporating harder woods: for example, the Bosie VC now incorporates Beech,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Frequency analysis of piano tone by Del @ Today at 06:22 PM

Look for the work of ("Painted Post Dave") Dave Koenig on YouTube. Here is one link to get your started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sfalZ_-EnY Dave has probably done more work on analyzing piano sound than anyone else just now. Del
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dodeka keyboard by malkin @ Today at 06:20 PM

They are making an app, sheet music, a xylophone and a keyboard, with which they will "fix the mess of music theory."
Originally Posted By Marko in BostonOriginally Posted By 36251 the Roland could easily move their pitch bend above the keys. 88 notes makes the thing long enough. That might work. Something like this: My guess is that Roland (and Yamaha wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by BrainCramp @ Today at 06:08 PM

Please count me in. I need this. BrainCramp
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
It is a worthy aim to be able to tune your own piano, but do not underestimate the amount of skill that it takes to do so, or the time that will be required to master it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bluthner 238 by David-G @ Today at 06:02 PM

I thought Joe is saying that they are not generally weak.
Hi Luke, Very much enjoying listening. I especially like the rhythmic dimension of your playing. It's infectious and it makes me want to dance. Thanks for posting! Heather
Jump to new posts Re: Recording individual notes when piano is tuned by Steve Senseney @ Today at 06:00 PM

I would recommend Tunelab for your purposes, and Strongly recommend that you practice tuning on an older less important piano. Tuning takes some time to get used to. If you have a "new" piano, it will probably not require much tuning fo
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By MaximillyanOriginally Posted By David-GThank you Max. I think this instrument is about three years older than my Bluthner grand. here have № 13067 Thanks, I am always interested in old Bluthners. Mine is no. 16189.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by bSharp[C]yclist @ Today at 05:56 PM

Keep writing, keep playing. Sometimes people's creativity isn't appreciated until much later in life, or even after their own. I guess I would consider what you would do in its place. If it's watching crack cocaine television, then playing piano or w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise by Retsacnal @ Today at 05:51 PM

Oh, man... so the piano's not haunted. On to theory number two. Many moons ago--back in the mid-eighties--I stopped at a barbershop for a haircut. When I'd been inside a few minutes waiting, a policeman walked in, looked at me and said, "is th
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Ballade in b minor, S. 171 by hreichgott @ Today at 05:50 PM

I enjoyed listening and hello again!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by hreichgott @ Today at 05:50 PM

Hi Saranoya! Perhaps your boyfriend needs to get used to the idea that he has to write a lot of lousy material, or just noob material, before he starts writing anything good. Piano students already know that we won't sound like concert artists on d
Jump to new posts Re: Key top replacement by rysowers @ Today at 05:45 PM

Its always important to look at some sample notes. Take a look at the thickness of balance and front rail felt and paper punchings. Also check for shims under the front rail and balance rail. This can save a lot of hassle later.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just getting to the bench by alans @ Today at 05:40 PM

Thank-you all for your encouragement and advise. It helps tremendously! I am familiar with moyd but I thought you could only join at the start of the year, will check it out. Whenever I feel like quitting I always visit this forum and I get incredibl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cord/Key Conflict by hreichgott @ Today at 05:39 PM

E natural. It fits the C7 harmony, just not the home key. Music often involves pitches that don't belong to the home key.
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Suggestions for contemporary piano pieces?
by piano2002
01/22/17 10:41 PM
Let's see your home made tuning hammers!
by Tom Delmonte
01/22/17 10:12 PM
Bösendorfer CEUS discontinued?
by Corvus
01/22/17 08:49 PM
Cord/Key Conflict
by TomGould
01/22/17 05:06 PM
Key top replacement
by kennyz
01/22/17 03:21 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,345 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,952 Topics
2,591,251 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission