Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by dynamobt @ Today at 07:50 PM

I haven't been following along. Am I to guess that there is the usual discussion about editing and number of takes? I take an "to each their own" view. If you want to make many recordings, well, that's up to you. I'm not in favor of edi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Soundboard Phenomenon by Gadzar @ Today at 07:22 PM

How is it made? how does it work? Is it like a bimetallic sensor? (in this case a bi-wooden sensor).
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What Piece Is This? by Works1 @ Today at 07:20 PM

Thank you all, beautiful piece!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Black and white dampers by phantomFive @ Today at 07:20 PM

I found a picture, you can see the lines painted on:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Black and white dampers by phantomFive @ Today at 07:17 PM

Sauter paints lines on the soundboard so you can know where to put the preparing items.
Piano Forum
Well, as a matter of fact I was in Washington last week for the meeting of the Federal Advisory Council on Wildlife Trafficking. No surprise. This all takes a very long time. It was a very interesting meeting. I had the chance to speak personal
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to the forum and piano by Barry1963 @ Today at 06:53 PM

Welcome aboard. I can relate to the digital not doing it for you. I started in august last year on a weighted keyboard and by September I had an acoustic in my living room.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA U1E polished mahogany by harpon @ Today at 06:51 PM

Got a mahogany Baldwin Hamilton- I keep cleaning it with SOS pads and it keeps getting lighter and more grain shows. Seems it was covered with a dark stain and god knows what grit.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by earlofmar @ Today at 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: patHTonight I played: Dream Theater - Repentance F.Schubert - Impromptu A flat major op.90/4 Barclay James Harvest - Poor Man's Moody Blues (with a bit of "Nights in white satin") never mind the heavy stuff what ab
Piano Forum
Thanks Rick! Saw it, and responded.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Black and white dampers by JohnSprung @ Today at 06:43 PM

Hmmm -- that might be a nice navigational aid to the tech who has to work on the dampers, not that it's all that difficult to pick out the right one when they're all black. Subtle little numbers would be even better.
Piano Forum
I'd second that I mean, c'mon.... people like Sally are trying to bring some sense in this world... and we need LOTS of it today! Right? Gots me a paypal so...
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: RicksterSally Phillips ... all on her own time and her own dime. Could we set something up here -- maybe a PayPal thing -- to help her out with air fare and hotels? I'll open with $100.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by sirwormsalot @ Today at 06:36 PM

I am just wondering- does anyone know the differences between the C3XA prototype and the C3X? My C3X is ordered by the way and I will probably do a performance comparison between the C3X and a C3 which I have access to.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Novice in love with Kawai and seeking advice! by Ellisande @ Today at 06:34 PM

Thanks Banshee for your explanations regarding the different actions, very useful! No more question until I test these keyboards for real then !! :-)
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By: NahumOriginally Posted By: RiddlerDoes "leaving more space" in solos enhance your pre-hearing, and/or flow? Do you pre-hear mostly in the spaces? Ed First, it creates an important sense of calm. Pauses in a melody
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Frankni @ Today at 06:24 PM

Very sad news. RIP to him and condolences to his family.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping swing feel in very fast tempo by 36251 @ Today at 06:24 PM

So these were played over a track? I think that keeps from locking in on both cuts, although the harmonic concept of the lines are great. 2nd had a few moments that sounded like it was the whole band playing, around 31 seconds...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by Johan B @ Today at 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: patHTonight I played: Dream Theater - Repentance F.Schubert - Impromptu A flat major op.90/4 Barclay James Harvest - Poor Man's Moody Blues (with a bit of "Nights in white satin") Wow.....patH......Impromptu.....re
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by 8 Octaves @ Today at 06:14 PM

I think the Tchaikovsky Theme Recital was rolled up into the ABF Quarterly Recital. So probably....
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by alfredo capurso @ Today at 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: bkw58Originally Posted By: alfredo capursoOriginally Posted By: EmmeryOriginally Posted By: bkw58Originally Posted By: rxdI continue to discover tha vastly different ways in which different people hear the same thing. Not only
Jump to new posts Re: Novice in love with Kawai and seeking advice! by Banshee @ Today at 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Ellisande Since yesterday, I've read a little on the MP7 and it seems a good compromise between a pure piano keyboard and a pure synth keyboard. Am I thinking correctly? Could I use such a keyboard for Jazz as well as Classical,
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Ballade Op 23 by pianoloverus @ Today at 06:09 PM

This is extremely good with many moments showing much musicality, especially considering you've only played for 5 years and are largely self taught. I'm very glad that you like your current teacher and feel she is helping you. When I played this fo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by patH @ Today at 06:08 PM

Tonight I played: Dream Theater - Repentance F.Schubert - Impromptu A flat major op.90/4 Barclay James Harvest - Poor Man's Moody Blues (with a bit of "Nights in white satin")
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1, Kontakt 5 and Galaxy Vintage D by toddy @ Today at 06:04 PM

Sigh! I don't know really. I'm very attached to my dear collection of LPs - and I used to love the old 78s my mum and dad and grandma had accumulated. They were such beauties - the labels especially - the black and white His Master's Voice dog insid
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Communication outside of lessons
by Arghhh
10/24/14 10:23 PM
What is this piece?
by JoelW
10/24/14 09:54 PM
Piano Rankings
by phantomFive
10/24/14 07:59 PM
What Piece Is This?
by Works1
10/24/14 03:43 PM
Suites Georg Böhm
by Johan B
10/24/14 03:40 PM
Who's Online
115 registered (accordeur, ando, a-z0-9, 36 invisible), 1237 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76645 Members
42 Forums
158482 Topics
2327404 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission