Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
54 registered (AndrewJCW, alwatson, akurei, Aly Baracat, BachToTheFuture, 17 invisible), 1110 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Carpal tunnel surgery by asiamusicman @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

I'm a 32-year-old pianist and music educator, suffering the last couple years from increasing symptoms that look like carpal tunnel syndrome. I actually have not been playing much piano in the last few years, though I have a fair amount of computer a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel W180 || Yamaha C2X by MusicInTheSticks @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By tend to rushOriginally Posted By MusicInTheSticksI found the action a little light but Im sure this can be adjusted. Am I the only one a little uncomfortable with the above? If the action really bothers you, you might share y
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts jazz solo piano arrangements, particularly bebop style by Jordan Scott @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Hello, I am a new member here and I have noticed how helpful people can be here, So I am hoping i will be given the same courtesy I am particularly looking for a website or websites that offer free public domain piano arrangements for solo jazz pian
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Help identifying my piano? by Quadrifoglio @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM

Hello!! I've been trying to figure out what exactly my piano is for many years without luck. Here's what I do know: Steinway & Sons Serial number 43,330 Year: 1881-1882 It's a black (ebonized) upright piano Has a no frills design (no scrollwo
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova CLP 120 - no sound? Please help! by samofsydney @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Hi "George St" - I am having the same issue with CLP 120 today !!!! I know it was a long time ago but in case you remember how did you fix that sound issue you had with your CLP120 ? I would greatly appreciate your response.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts YouTube Lesson Video - Pentatonic Scales by Piano Tipping @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Here's a video I made explaining major and minor pentatonic scales:
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD100 Loud Keybed by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

Hey Chris, Where are you in the world? I can probably direct you to your local branch of Roland to make inquiries about the appropriate parts and repair procedures for your RD-100. It's a good serviceable board. And probably just needs some love
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing studio policy and lesson fees by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By ArghhhOriginally Posted By Peter K. Mose Regarding the move to 45-minute lessons, you could phase out the half-hour lessons over the next 2 years, and raise your rates by 50% in a similar phase-in. It's been a while since you p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by Palmpirate @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By ClsscLib Those of us on the Eastern Seaboard would love some of that beautiful Victoria weather! I'm 10 days gone from Victoria and miss it a lot! Mmmmm , Life's a bitch isn't it, and it's sunny out there!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel W180 || Yamaha C2X by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:We do however own a Yamaha C2X, and for the money, the combination of tone, action feel, and fit and finish is unbeatable. Have you tried a same sized Ritmuller, Baldwin or Brodmann recently? Norbert Down here
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good price for a used Steinway Model M? by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

Greetings, In response to the dealer's perspective above: If that factory, which I have also visited more than once, is not an assembly line, I don't know what is. The carcasses move from one station to another, having mass produced compon
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI files to the Bach Chorales by MrWups @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

http://www.kunstderfuge.com/bach/organ.htm#Choral-Preludes has a variety of Bach Chorales – not all for piano, however.
Jump to new posts Re: Fine tuning the ES8 by AZ_Astro @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By dmdOriginally Posted By AZ_AstroCould you comment on the sound of the ES8 vs the sound of the VST packages that you own? Well, all I can tell you is that I rarely use any of my software packages now. I try them periodically b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why is Alkan so underrated? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By Sean PIn the same kind of way, I used to find Rachmaninoff to be over the top and bombastic. Now I find there's a certain honesty to his music because of it. Same with Alk
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why is Alkan so underrated? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By Sean PIn the same kind of way, I used to find Rachmaninoff to be over the top and bombastic. Now I find there's a certain honesty to his music because of it. Same with Alkan. Alkan and Rachmaninoff shou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why is Alkan so underrated? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By Sean PIn the same kind of way, I used to find Rachmaninoff to be over the top and bombastic. Now I find there's a certain honesty to his music because of it. Same with Alkan. Alkan and Rachmaninoff should never be mentioned in t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Confused on finger numbering. by Okarin @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

Would I start middle C on the left hand with my second finger seeing how my second finger was already on middle C to begin with on the fourth measure of the third line. Would I be right in doing so?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why is Alkan so underrated? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistAlkan is not that good. Are we saying things that aren't true? I want to play!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Advanced Students by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

Keystring, your thoughts - as usual - are for me on the mark and worth stating. I would indeed expect a teacher to lay groundwork for a student's commencing an advanced piece in many ways. Through analysis, through discussion of technical skills requ
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By PalmpirateSo Tuesday 26, Wed 27th Thursday 28th Pianoless in Victoria. Rush visit between events and no time to think of dragging keyboard along.Please excuse! Lucky you. Those of us on the Eastern Seaboard would love some of
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why is Alkan so underrated? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

Alkan is not that good.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Best edited version? by Serge Marinkovic @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

Which is the best (fingered) edition of Scarlatti K1? If someone can email me a copy? serge1127@yahoo.com. Everything is without fingering and this is a delicate and difficult piece. Thanks to everyone who can help me.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Moonlight Sonata by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Work on four-note broken chord exercises while you're getting ready to play the Moonlight. When you can play them easily in all keys at your desired tempo for the 3rd movement you're ready to learn it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relearning Forgotten Repertoire - who's done it? by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Hmm, never heard of the Leitner system. Off to google!
Jump to new posts Re: DP with good orchestral sounds? by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

http://www.roland.ca/products/fa-08/ Great workstation with about 2100 very good quality sounds and a nice key action. If you don't find the exact sounds you're looking for, you go here: http://axial.roland.com/category/fa-06_fa-08/ The expansion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Target EMTECH EM6600 Raven Black Lacquer
by vsi1600
07/27/16 12:54 AM
American music pre-1900
by JoelW
07/26/16 11:52 PM
Carpal tunnel surgery
by asiamusicman
07/26/16 11:05 PM
jazz solo piano arrangements, particularly bebop style
by Jordan Scott
07/26/16 10:55 PM
Help identifying my piano?
by Quadrifoglio
07/26/16 10:50 PM
Forum Stats
84,442 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,160 Topics
2,543,345 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission