Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
101 registered (Blues beater, bennevis, Bortholomew, Bellicapelli, 28 invisible), 1518 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What would you say to a colored Piano harp plate? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Color (or colour) choices are individual and personal; it's your choice. Regards,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Casio PX360 vs Kurzweil MPS20? by Radio.Octave @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

I'm considering both of these keyboards, but there is a big catch: I don't care much about the piano sound. I'm mainly interested in orchestral sounds, especially strings. I'm leaning towards the Kurz because many people say they generally have gre
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

My AOTW is resuming lessons after almost two months off. It's good to get back to lessons, though (sigh) they never get easier nerves-wise.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts What would you say to a colored Piano harp plate? by LanceMilton @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

Refurb project right now is an antique baby grand (1910's to 1920's) about to be broken down for repainting the plate and refinishing the cabinet. Then it'll get all new strings, dampers, and the action restored and regulated. This weekend I'll strip
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Carpal tunnel surgery by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Pardon the repetition, but.... Quote:Why are you so quick to be thinking of surgery? Kudos to how most of the posts talk about making sure to get a good diagnosis, and to the several posts talking about other approaches besides surgery. Surgery ca
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Target EMTECH EM6600 Raven Black Lacquer by vsi1600 @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

This is my gun. Haven't started researching tips yet http://m.harborfreight.com/20-oz-professional-hvlp-gravity-feed-air-spray-gun-68843.html I know it's a big job but I have a lot of time, and calendar wise 2/3 of that will be spent doing resea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relearning Forgotten Repertoire - who's done it? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Hi Valencia, I read pretty well as a professional accompanist, but still I prefer to memorize solo pieces when I really want them to sound good. I can sound "fine" playing from the score but there is just another level of musicality possibl
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer softening BY DIYer by Musicdude @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By Blues beaterYeah, yeah, leave it to an expert. I know! But I have had fair success on working on my four uprights so far. One of them had new Abel hammers within the last year or two, and they have now become extremely bright.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To share or not to share? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By JazzyMac like I was deciding to get 50 different piercings or swim across the world or something. It is a bit like that sometimes!! Dave, you've had much great commentary here, I'd just add that Facebook filters posts-- what
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Update from Beacon Chris by Piano*Dad @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Hi Chris!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by dogperson @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By malkinYou guys are making me wonder which of these categories my teacher would place me in, but all the same, I'm glad I don't know. As long as he keeps on being my teacher, I will keep on following his instructions. At lea
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

You guys are making me wonder which of these categories my teacher would place me in, but all the same, I'm glad I don't know. As long as he keeps on being my teacher, I will keep on following his instructions.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by Blues beater @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Because I got classical lessons as a kid I learned fingering and a little bit about chords. But in the late 50s, early 60s, as an adolescent, nighttime in the winter brought in AM radio stations from hundreds of miles away and I immediately bonded w
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: What's normally taught in jazz piano lessons? by Nahum @ Yesterday at 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By Eric399May I try to translate this back into English? In their conversations, Jazz musicians most often talk about harmonic problems, but all of these problems are more or less "an old hat" from the point of view of Eu
Jump to new posts Hammer softening BY DIYer by Blues beater @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Yeah, yeah, leave it to an expert. I know! But I have had fair success on working on my four uprights so far. One of them had new Abel hammers within the last year or two, and they have now become extremely bright. Bottom bass and top treble are O
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:To the OP question- $55,000 for a 2012 M is a reasonable price. If people would realize [many do..] what bombshell $ 55,000 buys in today's market, above opinion may IMHO need to be revisited. +1 6' 10" B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1915 Mason BB Now Being Restored. by Nelson Muntz @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

I'm working up a post about undercarriage work but want to include pics of the work as it was done. Unhappily I can't at the moment find the pics so I'll try to hunt them up and post tomorrow. You might find it interesting.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Update from Beacon Chris by Beacon Chris @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Howdy all! Just wanted to touch base and say hello to anyone here who might know me. I've been mostly off of this forum for the past couple years while continuing to sing and teach. Idaho is treating me kindly! I was out in the NYC/Philly area th
Jump to new posts Re: Asbestos in Pianos by Dale Fox @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By BDBOdd that you would be resurrecting a dead topic for this, but it is odder still that the felt would have tested as synthetic or cellulose. There are no synthetics used in hammers, except for oddballs like the Yamaha CP60-70-80
Jump to new posts Aural Tuning Lessons - How Often? by DanS @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

The title says it all. How often should one have tuning lessons? I've been studying aural tuning with a local RPT for several months. He's very busy and only has time to fit me in every 4 or 5 weeks. I'm slowly getting better, but it's very slow
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By chasingrainbows AZN, this is exactly what I mean about cases where a teacher has no choice but to lower expectations -- we are not miracle workers. We do our best in every lesson to inspire and edu
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best piano technique book? by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

IMO, and just my opinion, I was assigned Hanon as a young student and found no merit whatsoever when it came time to play advanced repertoire. And they are relentlessly boring to me. However, I found Czerny School for Velocity exercises very valuab
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts PIANO SUMMIT 2017 - Attention All Piano Lovers! by Piano World @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

You Say You Like the Piano? Then you gotta see this post... http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2559340.html
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By bill5...is anyone else amazed that companies don't include a list of all numbers of every voice in the manual? Originally Posted By MorodieneWhat DP or keyboard are you referring to? Originally Posted By bill5No one in particul
Jump to new posts Re: Target EMTECH EM6600 Raven Black Lacquer by Dale Fox @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Do you have spray equipment? If so, what kind? What size tip and air cap? Have you aver done a piano quality finish on anything before. Counter tops don't count here. There is saving money by "doing it yourself" and there is making more
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain, David Rosenthal, Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Strings
by pianoloverus
07/29/16 09:51 AM
RIP Einojuhani Rautavaara
by Nikolas
07/29/16 09:16 AM
Piano teacher/player "lineage" - does it matter?
by Pianodao
07/29/16 08:35 AM
Question about time signatures
by A7x
07/29/16 03:37 AM
Summer Piano Practice Challenge
by Medden
07/29/16 02:09 AM
Forum Stats
84,456 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,202 Topics
2,543,864 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission