Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
107 registered (ando, 36251, AprilE, aluk, agent8698, 30 invisible), 1837 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P70 - tech/troubleshooting help by nunosga @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Hello again, Here's where I got so far (I tested the components without removing them from the pcb): Multimeter set on diode: Diodes 502 and 501 both read around 660 Set on 2000k Ohm: TR501, positive pole in the middle: reads 239 and 235 TR50, neg
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Generic Issues 1998 Baldwin R? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

Baldwin had some known production issues in the 1980s. Take a look at this thread for some of the details: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2467177/Baldwin_E_-_Restore_or_not?.html Those comments may not be relevant to a late
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for some info on my Piano by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

You're right that the middle pedal isn't important, particularly on an upright.
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Pro5 @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

Thanks guys. Yes I do suspect it's been opened and it's from a company that has knowingly sent me 'new' b-stock gear which I returned, a compressor, (gear4music). The box looked like it had been opened but only in one small area + a bit inside with t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by drewr @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

Not meaning to pry but the way you said that you cannot find enthusiasm suggests this is the present situation but during a prior time you were finding it. Keeping in mind that everybody usually has some ups and downs, have you contemplated and or i
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Math? by prout @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

I agree. For me, math is a form of art. The elegance of a formula that you derive yourself, without any foreknowledge of the architecture or construction of a language that solves a problem, THAT is a sublime experience, and one I was fortunate to ha
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for Never Ever Adult by vintagevt @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Thanks, guys! I'm actually going to head over to Sam Ash tonight. They have both the P45 and PX160 as floor models. I may not be able to play, but I can see them in person and see what the keys feel like. Will report back. I've written off the P
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a quick fling with a Charles Walter. by Jolly @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

Bought a piano, yet? If so, may it be a joy forever. If not, find a Walter before ending your hunt. They are very good pianos. I should have bought a 190, after finding a good deal on a very nice one several years ago. I just didn't have the $20K i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HELP PURCHASING FIRST GRAND PIANO! by Jolly @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

A good piano is where you find it. Most of the Essex 155's we've run across have been "meh". But one was really good for its size. Go figure. Without hearing it, the bigger Brodmann is where I'd zero in, and compare all others against
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by outo @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

18. Schubertian - Nocturne Op 62 No 2 Wonderful playing and a wonderful piano! 19. Sand Tiger - Noah and the Raven Amazing what you people can do! 20. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Sonata op.57 F minor mvmt 1 I'm confused...aren't you chopinoho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Musical Personality by Oasismfg @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

The wonderful thing about music is, if you allow yourself to become totally immersed in a piece, it can change your tune (for a cheap pun). If you're having a bad day, the right piece can brighten it, and be therapeutic. Certainly our mood and/or pe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Right index knuckle issue by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Look up Jaak Sikk, and go through his first lessons slowly, taking time. This will help you understand how your hands function on the piano. The introductory overview by PianoOlogist will give you an idea of how the whole body works together. What
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for Never Ever Adult by drewr @ Yesterday at 07:02 PM

As far as a new DP with modern design in your price range, PX-160 is probably the best bang for the buck out there. If you go with an x-stand or similar econo stand as opposed to the furniture stand accessory, you will have a few $$ left to possibl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self taught 13yo needs advice by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By NomiddlenameOriginally Posted By bennevisAre you playing the orginal versions of those pieces, or simplified ones? I'm playing the original versions. As for what you said before, I understand. I'll put Rage on hold for the momen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by outo @ Yesterday at 06:54 PM

I'm very late commenting, but now I finally had some time to do it. 01. wouter79 - Mazurka, Op. 6 No.1 That was excellent, you're getting really good! 02. MeganR - Sonatina in G Well played and with good spirit. 03. JoBert - Piano Sonata No. 12
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for Never Ever Adult by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

The PX-160 has a better action, and better sound generator, than the PX-130. . . . I'd spend the extra money, for the newer DP. The PX-350 for $480 is a great deal, but it _is_ an older model, and it _will_ be discontinued. It's got way more sound
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by Macy @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneJeff contacted me and kindly confirmed I can share those configs with you but wanted to stress out it is mandatory to backup your original file before doing any modifications because it can get messed and crash the piano
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When Did Estonia Become a "Premium" Brand? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By OriMy best guess is that this is the date sir lurksalot purchased his Estonia piano...but, if you'd like, I can provide here a rather accurate 'map' of the development of the brand that will explain the gradual changes. Actuall
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Switching methods by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D. The reason letter don't work is that it requires a translation. It's one of the most serious problems in people never learning to read music well. +1 This is the prime reason why most kids can't sight read hymns or p
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Vido @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

Does anyone know why the km6 files of the mp11 cannot be read by the mp7? I thought all sounds of the mp11 are included 1to1 in the mp7...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Any Generic Issues 1998 Baldwin R? by BillM @ Yesterday at 05:24 PM

I am looking for an acoustic piano and today played a 1998 Baldwin R that is being offered locally by a private party for $9700. Looking through the PW archives it appears that there were some known issues with the Baldwin pianos made around this tim
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mordent Question by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

OK thanks.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Math? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By proutThe thread could morph that way. It certainly morphed from the OPs simple request - if I may rephrase it - As a pianist, are you good in math? My answer is yes. My wife's answer is no. About half my professional musician
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for Never Ever Adult by kickthetiger @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

The price on the px130 is steep. Amazon is selling the P-45 holiday bundle for $400. Comes with furniture style stand, bench, and dustcover. The P-45 comes with a cheap plastic sustain peddle. Fine to start out, you can add the triple peddle to the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin L or Boston 193PE? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 05:14 PM

Congratulations! I hope it brings you much joy.
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
What's Hot!!
Our Latest Free Newsletter!
-------------------
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to fix fallen string bar
by Dr.Gaga
12/03/16 04:15 AM
Scale Design
by Pneuma
12/03/16 02:24 AM
How do I tune an autoharp?
by TimR
12/03/16 12:19 AM
Any Generic Issues 1998 Baldwin R?
by BillM
12/02/16 05:24 PM
Your Video Christmas Card from TromboneAl
by TromboneAl
12/02/16 04:54 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,749 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,763 Topics
2,575,937 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission