Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
89 registered (ando, amv256, Alkanaut, AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, 27 invisible), 1237 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

My teacher has a straight strung Kirkwood that has been restored to a really lovely instrument. It's a very clear sound. I'd like to hear Barenboim's concert grand. I'm sure it has been painstakingly crafted.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How Much are Modern Piano Recordings Digitally Edited? by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

If I wanted an exact, perfect performance, I'd listen to sequenced MIDI. An honest live performance is much better, despite a few loose notes or failures. what was it that Beethoven said, again? classical pianists have really gone too far in their
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88In a claim system, the person who has finished a recording can't send it until (a) someone has claimed it and (b) they themselves have gotten back online to see that there's a request for it. True. However, I think
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 06:59 PM

It's not clear to me that a claim system would move faster. In the current system, as soon as someone is done with a recording they can send it on. In a claim system, the person who has finished a recording can't send it until (a) someone has claim
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Greener @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

Sign up is all. The 2nd cycle sign up was posted for hours (already with a duplicate) before I added my name. Then, it seemed to fill quickly. I am sure there will be plenty of more opportunity.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Line-outs by Cue Zephyr @ Yesterday at 06:52 PM

Headphone jacks are present in all the models I've looked at, many even have two. It's the sub-grand price range, by the way.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where does Schumann's Siciliana end? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 06:50 PM

I posted this on the other thread as well, but I think it should end at 24.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scarlatti K424 & 425 book for exam by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By NikolasOriginally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By HakkiOriginally Posted By Missha318"I can't take photocopies to the exam." -- unfortunately I need a book or original copy... Huh? Weird. Why not? I don't have
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where does Schumann's Siciliana end? by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

Seriously, either location is a bit unsettling and unsatisfactory. I've tried to get into Schumann's head on this one, without success. I suspect he was shooting for a perpetual mobile, but came up a bit short. Plus he clearly states to not take
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I played Grand Piano ... by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Celdor, Interesting read, Thank you for sharing your experience. The idea of trying a nice grand one of these days scares me in a way, may be not, but my gut feeling tells me if I did it would become an obsession I want one even more, Not that I do
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By dire tonicdelivered! CYCLE TWO : Nikolas - composer 1.Valencia - COMPLETE 2.Whizbang - COMPLETE 3.Greener - COMPLETE 4.Polyphonist - COMPLETE 5.keystring - COMPLETE 6.dire tonic - COMPLETE 7:casinitaly - PENDING It will be i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By keystringAm I seeing that some people are doing than one of them? I seem to be seeing some names in more than one cycle. What do we do to be able to do that? Well, these cycles were trial runs and there were no clear regulatio
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Albunea @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

Haha, Alexander.
Jump to new posts Re: Line-outs by SoundThumb @ Yesterday at 06:40 PM

May be the price range, but you can always get the audio out through the headphone jack, or is that also missing?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by keystring @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Am I seeing that some people are doing than one of them? I seem to be seeing some names in more than one cycle. What do we do to be able to do that?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaOriginally Posted By casinitaly Be warned, mine is significantly slower than Alexander's version! That means he had fun improvising. Haha joking I sure did, I deleted it from the recording ... may be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I played Grand Piano ... by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By Celdor I am going to have a Grand Piano, eventually me too but when ever I visit a piano store it is only the pianos over $30,000 that interest me. Always had expensive tastes
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different action in piano by JIMBOB @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

It sounds like the pinblock is beyond hope and that some form of "tightener" was used that turned it to mush. Ethylene glycol was used in the pass that swelled the wood but it ruined the wood fibers. I would say to hook up with someone an
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Dreamer by Cmin @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Hi! I just wanted to share my video. Dreamer on Youtube For the recording I used a Roland FP-80 keyboard with Pianoteq. Enjoy!
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

Jay, what's the word on the action they chose for this board?. More similar to the FA-06 and VR-09 or the one on the Jupiter 80?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Albunea @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By Nikolas But... I don't have Cheryl's file yet, so I don't know if I should post the original version... Let the woman sleep! Casinality, for half an hour I'll be restraining them here. You can go to sleep.
Jump to new posts Re: Key Sensitivity/Dynamics by Mace @ Yesterday at 06:03 PM

Thanks again for all your comments. I agree that I may not be entirely happy with most DPs, especially in my budget. However, it's not a permanent or full-time replacement. I have taken a job which requirements me to work and stay in another city dur
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 05:59 PM

I've sent Cycle 1, Tune 1 to Jytte. CYCLE 1, TUNE 1 Polyphonist - composer 1. dire tonic COMPLETED 2. Alexander Borro COMPLETED 3. casinitaly COMPLETED 4. PianoStudent88 COMPLETED 5. Jytte PENDING 6. Greener 7. Rerun
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by prout @ Yesterday at 05:57 PM

In reply to the OP, who asked about staccato marks with the sustain pedal engaged, here is a test. I have recorded 4 forte arpeggios using four different attacks - first staccato from well above the keys, second staccato from close to the keys, th
Jump to new posts Re: Spacestation v3 keyboard amp for AP sounds by moleskincrusher @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

Thank you, David Farley, for starting this thread. I got my SSV3 less than 2 weeks ago and am very happy with it, but I've had to change my notions of a lifetime of amplifying keyboards. The SSV3's creator described the sound of the little amp as a
Page 5 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How practical is amateur piano tuning for one's self only?
by amv256
05/27/15 01:46 AM
What are some cool piano facebook groups?
by brucepiano
05/27/15 01:36 AM
Lessons hampered: my digital piano vs. her acoustic piano
by amv256
05/27/15 01:34 AM
Kohler and Campbell SKG-600s opinions please
by ThePawn
05/26/15 10:30 PM
Piano Texas, anyone?
by ec
05/26/15 09:32 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,428 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,364 Topics
2,410,899 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission