Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
142 registered (ajames, alerique, alwatson, agraffe, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1512 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by Tuneless @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

Well, I think the average artist is a starving artist. The cream make it really big, but not the average.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasHi, IMHO if you are looking for the quietest key actions (wooden or plastic) available in the market, you must go directly with the Kawai brand. Regards!. Sigh.... Ok. Nothing has changed... I wondered. Jay
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by Fleer @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Nope. No cumulative use of discounts.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purpose of Middle Pedal On An Old Upright? by guyl @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

My Chickering grand from 1884 also lifts the bass dampers. Apparently this quite a common purpose for that pedal back then, even in quality instruments.
Jump to new posts Re: Used choices: Yamaha P105 vs Kawai CN33 by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

CN33 has the PHI sound engine, as our CN35, which I think is quite good. For sure it is better than the P series by Yamaha, just compare in the high end / discant. CN33 does not have three sensors in the keys, I think. That came with the CN34. But n
Jump to new posts Re: Good PA System for jazz piano combo gigs by ColoRodney @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By SkyscrapersaxAssuming mono is acceptable, what are everybody's thoughts on the Bose (and similar) systems? Not quite sure which Bose you mean, but for gigs like this I use a Bose L1 (model I) with one bass unit that I bought us
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kenya burns stockpile of ivory by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

I don't know but given that many tons were destroyed a few days ago the price will remain buoyant and poaching will continue to be attractive to people who don't mind doing it.
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

My children always wanted to do what we parents did. So many examples. I once brought a small black calculator at Staples because my two year old (or less, don't remember) saw a resemblance to my mobile phone and wanted a "phone" for hersel
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts How can I better learn jazz piano? by Claire Davas @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

I'm decent at the piano. I know my chords, scales and arpeggios. That includes blues scales and various 7th and 9th chords. However, I'm not very good at jazz piano still. I feel like there is this disconnect between knowing these things and being ab
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

Does it have 17 bass notes or 20?
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts FNAF Song - Never Be Alone - Shadrow (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

Hello FNAF enthusiasts, Bringing you a piano cover on a relatively new FNAF 4 song called "Never Be Alone" by Shadrow, it is extremely catchy and you will enjoy this one for sure if you liked TLT's FNAF 4 song as well. Piano Cover https://y
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

Gadzar, Is this D a "Centennial"? It would be about 8" 6". What is the finish type?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music theory - composition by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By Robert CunninghamOriginally Posted By Morodiene So while music theory is not composition, it's a component of the process. Improvisation is another component of the process. Listening to other works is also a component. Or choos
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Charge to Replace a Tuning Pin? by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By David Boyce Does anyone have success just putting in CA when there is already a sandpaper or card shim in place? Does it work OK? Worth a try, I think. I'm know as it's work. If the cardboard didn't help, it is possible to re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano vs Fully Rebuilt Differences? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

In the case of Steinway scales, Mason & Hamlin scales, and others, they were not done with technical drawings that resemble what we would call "blueprints". They were done by developing patterns and fixtures that produce the desired des
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was Chopin a Spy? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By Doritos Flavouredpianists do hold key information, huh? Ooh! That was sharp!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

#6 is up. http://nhpianos.com/diabelli-variation-6/
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Piano Models History by Just Alan @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Kawai's website has a history of the MP range from MP9000 to MP6, but of course, they manufactured, and continue to manufacture, many other digital pianos than what is in the MP range. http://www.kawaimp.com/mp11/background/history/ They also
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Is The Most Difficult Piano Piece Ever Written? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

@Andy Totally agree that music does not need to be the most difficult to be beautiful. Interesting that we never see a thread 'what is the most beautiful easy classical'. The gravitation is toward what is the most difficult that will display virtu
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by BDB @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

If you are going to do this, establish your credentials with Steinway. Steinway parts are now a lot better than they used to be, and some are hard to get elsewhere. Also, they have quite a bit of information about the differences between action parts
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Movie Impromptu by Ottawa58 @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Didn't see the movie. But I doubt it. Back in those days a piece was hand written. Not the clean sheet music we see today. So even just reading it would be hard. However, a top pro today can do pretty impressive sight reading - especially if th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano vs Fully Rebuilt Differences? by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung Pianos that are ready for a complete rebuild are mostly several decades old. Their original scale design was from before the computer age, so the rebuilder now can do a better design. That's how the rebuilt piano can
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

I've talked with the owner. No WN&G. I will refurbish the action and back action. So I will go with the epoxy repair of the action rails, only stripped holes. I will put new flange/shanks Steinway type (not genuine), Abel maybe, new hammer head
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Is The Most Difficult Piano Piece Ever Written? by DrewBone @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By Raman KumarWhat is considered by the majority of piano virtuosos, the single most difficult piano piece to play, that has ever been composed? I imagine you would have to ask THEM. As a fairly accomplished player, all the super
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano vs Fully Rebuilt Differences? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Pianos that are ready for a complete rebuild are mostly several decades old. Their original scale design was from before the computer age, so the rebuilder now can do a better design. That's how the rebuilt piano can be better than it was when it
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mozart, difficult to play?
by Isabelle1949
05/03/16 10:36 AM
Learning Jazz Piano need advice on timing practice.
by happyhacker
05/03/16 04:45 AM
CPU Urgently needed.
by JonHig
05/03/16 02:34 AM
I'm returning to piano. How can I get started again?
by frenebo
05/03/16 12:30 AM
How can I better learn jazz piano?
by Claire Davas
05/02/16 10:25 PM
Forum Stats
83,491 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,364 Topics
2,520,787 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission