Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Sara, As people before me mentioned, please don't think too much. If u haven't practiced, just ask her to work with you on sight reading, theory or technical exercises that does not require prep. Then it's not waste. Actually learning sight readi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Drinking and drug addiction is rife in the classical... by Steve Chandler @ Today at 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: noobpianist90Originally Posted By: bennevisI breath fine, thanks. If that were the case, you wouldn't get anxious or tense that easily Proper breathing allows one to control the heart rate much better than unregulated breathin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn Internet Competition by RonaldSteinway @ Today at 03:39 PM

I agree, if we omit the sentence stating that he got his the first piano at 17, he has an impressive piano background, and it will make his performance not comparable to his background. However, that sentence really cast a doubt, whether all of those
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing Jumps and Speed by Morodiene @ Today at 03:31 PM

I highly recommend that you get back to basics: do scales, chords and arpeggios. Depending on what your skills are right now, you may need to start with doing just one octave for these, and then when that's easy in all keys, do two octaves, and so on
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by Herr Weiss @ Today at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Hakki Ok. I have to search the posts. Maybe it was 500. Maybe the posters here just exaggerated all the time. I am not sure. But it was a high number. I do believe you are right, it was 1000 pianos. The thing is, if one focus
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed…Kawai VPC1 by EP @ Today at 03:26 PM

I can think of a number of ways you could use the VPC1 with piano marvel. If you have a multi-client midi driver and a decent computer, you could run both piano marvel and a software piano at the same time. Or, if you don't have a multi-client driver
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by A443 @ Today at 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: proutA443: Yes, that makes sense. A stable piano will return to where you tuned it if the original conditions are regained. Thank you for clarifying the context of your claim.No worries, I completely understand: I seem to say
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by prout @ Today at 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: DoelKeesOriginally Posted By: prout(Edit: A change of one degree Celsius in the air temperature changes the perceived pitch of the sound (due to the change in the speed of sound) at 440Hz by nearly 3 cents, let alone the change
Adult Beginners Forum
Just stop ovethinking Guess what? When I go back to my lessons after the summer my teacher always seems surprised how much I've practiced during the summer, because most of her students don't, some hardly touch the piano. I find it hard to believe
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: bennevisI breath fine, thanks. If that were the case, you wouldn't get anxious or tense that easily Proper breathing allows one to control the heart rate much better than unregulated breathing, and significantly lowers anxiety
Hello everyone, I am currently residing in a 3rd world country where it is the norm for technicians to try to BS you to take your money. My fridge technician told me I had to replace a 500 dollar part, when in fact I was able to fix my fridge by let
Adult Beginners Forum
Addressing the part where you feel embarrassed for not having worked on piano as you think you should have or "could" have, and that your teacher will see that. I think that almost every student who takes music seriously and has been at it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Drinking and drug addiction is rife in the classical... by Steve Peterson @ Today at 03:16 PM

Interesting, but I think this issue isn't unique or special to classical musicians. You see common themes among popular musicians, comedians, athletes, actors...really anyone in situations where you have to perform, and there is no "do-over&quo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamps for grand piano (pics?) by PianoWorksATL @ Today at 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: pyropaulAs for sag, I haven't had any problems so far - but I try not to keep too many books on the desk at once. If you start to notice a problem, you can make a spacer block of of wood to sit around the tuning pins but under t
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Saranoya Under the circumstances, I feel almost like I "have to" go back. It would make no sense for me to have done all of the above, to possibly have been part of the catalyst for legislative change, and then to deci
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Practicing Jumps and Speed by Xari @ Today at 03:11 PM

I was wondering if there were any exercises to practice jumps and speed-playing. I quit taking lessons a long time ago and halted music theory. In essence, I'm the guy who can read notes and play intermediate pieces, but when it comes to advanced an
Adult Beginners Forum
OK, the story about epilepsy may be confusing the issue a little, here. To be clear: yes, back in March, for a while it looked like I wouldn't be going back to piano lessons. But although I never set foot in the solfège class again (except once, fo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn Internet Competition by carey @ Today at 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: HakkiAfter reading Mr.Garcia's bio, I was more surprised about his performance. Really I wasn't expecting such a bio. If I knew, I would have expected a much higher level of playing. I had the same reaction upon reading the bi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by dynamobt @ Today at 03:06 PM

24. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Little Suite (to do) It is a major accomplishment to finally get pieces you’ve worked hard on. A better sustain would hold this together better. But that’s not you. It’s your instrument. Lots of little counter activity g
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by DoelKees @ Today at 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: prout(Edit: A change of one degree Celsius in the air temperature changes the perceived pitch of the sound (due to the change in the speed of sound) at 440Hz by nearly 3 cents, let alone the change in the length of the wire, wh
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by A443 @ Today at 03:05 PM

Hakki...yes, of course, it always has been a very high number thrown around. A thousand sounds right...but those are in the days of the 'just do what I do' kind of instruction. IMHO: one tunes with the mind, knowing the body will follow. When techni
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Too ashamed of lack of progress to go back for lessons by Tom Christian @ Today at 03:04 PM

Implicitly, I believe the choice that lies before you is whether you wish to use piano lessons as a way to make a social statement for the greater good of society, or as a way to further your knowledge of music and playing the piano for your own enjo
Adult Beginners Forum
My thoughts would be that there are pioano teachers who may have experience of the health problems you have, which shouldn`t be unsurmountable to anyone who wants to learn. You do want to learn. That`s an advantage you have over some spotty faced f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tracking down a grand piano in Vancouver, BC by Jay Roland @ Today at 03:02 PM

Check with Manuel at Showcase Pianos too. His big teaching room at the Richmond location has a grand in it. Jay
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Sean POriginally Posted By: NikolasI doubt composers go through anything like that. I would say, of the ones I know, they're a bit more into their... "creativity" drugs, if anything. Peter Maxwell Davies, the forme
Page 5 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
135 registered (accordeur, 36251, 88 Fingers Jeff, aesop, anamnesis, 44 invisible), 1335 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75890 Members
42 Forums
156818 Topics
2304225 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much Can I Sell My Kawai KG-3C?
by barryman9000
Today at 07:38 PM
Chord changes to 'Sixty Years On'
by Visalia
Today at 06:43 PM
Cloud piano
by Bosendorff
Today at 06:35 PM
How many years?
by schumoney
Today at 06:30 PM
Schubert 4-hands
by frida11
Today at 04:59 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission