Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to play classical pieces like Chopin... by Kaushal @ Today at 12:52 AM

Thanks Noir
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to play classical pieces like Chopin... by Kaushal @ Today at 12:51 AM

Thank you so much Richard for your reply!!! I'm planning to upgrade to a silent piano soon. So, that advice taken in. Problem with me is that I cannot go to a teacher. I've a passion for piano but could not pursue early in my childhood due to varied
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
One time before starting to tune a home piano, some of the keys weren't working and when I opened the piano up and looked inside I saw a little velvet bag that had a drawstring on it. I removed the bag (which immediately remedied the problem btw) an
Piano Forum
I'm assuming you'd want a grand piano. I've never been a fan of Steinway uprights, but even their cheapest one still starts at over $22k. Steinway's smallest grand (the 5'1" S model) starts around $51k. Most financing options will give you a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Yamaha Advant Grand N1 owners by kippesc @ Today at 12:31 AM

The N1 is a good piano. I practice FAR more on my digital pianos than my AP. My AG is the only piano I've played for a week. It's a very useful practice tool. Having said that, Yamaha's marketing claims are sometimes over the top.
Piano Forum
My strategy for making financial decisions, even taking on debt, has always been to have a plan (duh?...though bear with me). Not just the path you want to take, but plan B's, or specifically, exit strategies that would allow me options without inc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding inversions by keystring @ Today at 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Brian Lucas True, an inversion is defined by what note is on bottom, regardless of the voicing. That simple definition was missing in my theory rudiments book which moved along 3 levels (grade prep. to gr. 2). And I think that
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grotrian Steinweg 220 by piqué @ Today at 12:13 AM

in the 1970s, the grotrian grands used renner hammers. the modern grotrians have abel hammers. but this is rather meaningless because in both cases the hammers were pressed to grotrian specs.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
If you are looking for fantastic keyboard/piano parts in Rock/Roll, theres only one name which comes to my mind - Nicky Hopkins ! Here are some tunes he has played on : John Lennon - Jealous Guy, Crippled Inside, Oh Yoko Rolling Stones - Sympathy f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!! by ShiroKuro @ Today at 12:05 AM

Bennevis, thanks for the link. Wow, I didn't know all that. That's very interesting. Sam, are you swayed to change your opinion? Casinitaly, I knew she played in the movie, but I didn't realize the music was composed with her in mind. Now I want t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grotrian Steinweg 220 by piqué @ Today at 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTGrotrians are few in number. There was a dealer in the Seattle area up until about 25 years ago. I have serviced several of the grands he sold. I have noted several issues with these pianos: 1. Bridge caps spl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) by piqué @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

best to you, too, bill! and wimpiano, thank you for the kind words, and thank you for buying GRAND OBSESSION!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time ever with an acoustic piano ! by bharatbash @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

Thankyou everyone for their thoughts! Well, I just played the piano again( for the 2nd time ) and was pretty much able to produce the right sound this time, although couldn't really control the sound yet again. I suppose it'd take me a while. Anyw
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

You'll be out of school before you know it. Don't become a slave to a piano payment before that!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

Norbert, Glad you found some humor. I don't get it. You do know what they say in show business don't you-"comedy is difficult--dying is easy!" And Jurgen is bored and peeved with us!
Jump to new posts Re: Re-stringing an 84yr old Grand.....? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

What brand piano is it? Steinways and Masons have quarter-sawn, laminated maple pin blocks and they are very durable if housed well. Older Chickerings and others had flat-sawn, laminate maple pin blocks-they don't hold up as well. Same goes for the
Jump to new posts Re: What causes 3 strings to be flat after tuning 3 on pitch? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

Chris and Prout, Stroboscopic displays, (visual beats) have time dependent accuracy. When you try to compare below 1 cent, you have to observe the pattern for some time to be sure it is not moving. Hearing plus 1 cent difference is rapidly assessed b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money? by Atrys @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

Scores won't sell for prices like that. It just won't happen and it's a waste of time to try to make it happen. If what we are witnessing here is the start of a paradigm shift of the musical arts, you have my nod, but this just isn't something that
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha AvantGrand vs Roland V Piano - touch by bernpiano @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Dave, can you please elaborate on your sound system setup for the N1, perhaps including specific speaker models? This would be really helpful for those of us wanting to get the most pleasing sound out of this cost-effective but very nice instrument.
Jump to new posts What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano? by That Tooner @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by ando @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

I'm surprised the RX5 is the same price as the Ritmuller. The RX5 is a substantially bigger piano. Maybe they are selling it cheaply to get rid of it so they can display only the new GX Kawais. I would certainly take the RX5 - especially at that pric
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money? by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: talfi composer But that's not what I'm selling to wealthy people. To them, I'm selling the concept of freedom which is behind my work, and the uniqueness of the handwritten score. I know a few wealthy people and I won't say the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand by Almaviva @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

You are way too young and way too meagerly paid to buy a Steinway grand at this point in your life. If you must have a grand piano right now, there are plenty of makes of pianos that you might like and would cost less than a Steinway. Consider buyi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kawai vs Ritmuller by cromax @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Hi pianoworld forum! This is my first post here, in fact I just registered myself! I'm an intermediate/advanced level student (I think :P) - i'm "playing" (trying to play :P ) pathetique sonata, liebestraume n 3 and a few chopin studies -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Brian, to the best of my memory the posts of yours that I have read have always been clear. I guess what I wrote was a reminder to all of us including myself. Meanwhile on the learner side, asking questions and more questions is the way to go. Orig
Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
85 registered (angelsong, bkw58, bennevis, 36251, branchpoint, 24 invisible), 1299 Guests and 34 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153538 Topics
2250133 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
Today at 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission