Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
188 registered (accordeur, 36251, A Guy, 53 invisible), 1641 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you protect your fingers/hands (or not)? by Pogorelich. @ Today at 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogAfter I sliced off a good sized chunk of my index finger while cutting vegetables, my son gave me a cut-resistant glove for my left hand. I found out my piano teacher, who is a concert pianist, uses one too. Mine is an ine
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Upright? by Treepete @ Today at 01:00 PM

Thanks great info. How do you post s photo on here?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by Spitfire @ Today at 12:58 PM

Crap. Campaign had ended. Now I have to buy through amazon
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By dewster Guitar is so much easier for the beginner, it's mostly just pattern recognition. Surely this not true unless you have different objectives from the outset. If you are only going to play a limited range of chords then,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by doctor S @ Today at 12:52 PM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. The Schumann Recital will be March 15, 2015. Note: I have tried to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Schumann Recital - Call for Submissions! by Morodiene @ Today at 12:52 PM

OK, everyone, the recital software is open for business! Click here to submit your piece: http://recitals.pianoworld.com/ A few reminders: -You have until 9pm EST on March 14th, 2015 to get your piece uploaded -By submitting a piece to the re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the pianos Paderewski recorded on by Robert 45 @ Today at 12:49 PM

A propos of Paderewski's pianos, there is a C Bechstein concert grand (circa 1902) which the maestro used on a world tour which ended in Auckland, New Zealand where he sold the piano. It is still playable and looks beautiful, but its sound is failing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Morodiene @ Today at 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf90I saw Erster Verlust had been dropped again. This was too good to be left out and as I have it in my repertoire I made First Loss the first submission! I took the liberty of tidying up the list while I was about it. Th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Metronomes - good or bad? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By PhilipInChinaI hate mine. I hid it and told my teacher it had been stolen. She got out her phone, on which she has a free app metronome and even plugged it into my computer speakers... Wait--How old
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What can I do to eliminate "Pupil/Master" fear? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 12:42 PM

Playing with anybody else in the room is always harder. You have to get over it! I always try to play if anybody comes to my apartment. That helps. Your teacher will understand this. He or she will have been at that stage once as well. My teachers a
Piano Teachers Forum
Nahum, Thanks for the link to that resource. I've been looking for a source of varied rhythms to work on. What always throws me sightreading are the syncopated patterns that I haven't seen and worked on. Most of my musical experience is not jazz s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by zrtf90 @ Today at 12:36 PM

I saw Erster Verlust had been dropped again. This was too good to be left out and as I have it in my repertoire I made First Loss the first submission! I took the liberty of tidying up the list while I was about it.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas Too by Gerry Johnston @ Today at 12:35 PM

Very well done Lucas - Congratulations!! You have made your mentor, Bill Bremmer, justifiably proud of such an accomplishment.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by PhilipInChina @ Today at 12:35 PM

I think a lot of hypnotherapy is a self fulfilling prophecy. If you have a mental block and you want and expect it to work, it will work, but I can't see how it can get over any other problem. It cannot replace structured lessons and practice. Also
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by zrtf90 @ Today at 12:34 PM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. The Schumann Recital will be March 15, 2015. Note: I have tried to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts March Piano Bar by kenjazz @ Today at 12:33 PM

I've been out of commission for several months. No opportunity to play or even check on any social media. Sheesh. Well, I got back enough time over the last few days to get something down for posterity. Here is my rendition of All Blues by Mi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Today at 12:33 PM

55. ivan.d - The Ludlows/Legends of the Fall - ivan, I saw the movie, I know the music. You know what? Music played with the heart is always beautiful - and you did it. I can listen this all day long. Thank you.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Lever System by Seeker @ Today at 12:27 PM

Thanks to all for your comments and advice. I decided to go with Tom Driscoll's solution. At $195 with shipping, it wasn't inexpensive, but it wasn't nearly as expensive as the Fujan. I don't tune pianos 5 or 6 days a week, so I just couldn't justif
Originally Posted By LarryManThe salesman said that even acoustic pianos of 3000 euros have better action and sound than of a digital of the same price range. I am wondering if such a statement is correct .......Actually what I had in mind, was at
Originally Posted By TonyBHere is Roger Linn's take on a controller... The keys seem too close together, but worse it doesn't seem to allow for purely tactile playing - I don't want to have to constantly look at my hands (and there is the "watch
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Upright? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 12:23 PM

The serial number puts date of manufacture as in the first decade of the last century. So the good news is it is an antique. It is also by one of the greatest piano manufacturers in the world. Some would argue that the Bechstein uprights are the best
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Today at 12:20 PM

49. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Cavalleria Rusticana Intermezzo sinfonico - I can't remember when I heard this piece for the first time, but it was long time ago for sure; and I always get amazed by the beauty, the strength, and the message be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Upright? by BDB @ Today at 12:19 PM

A Bechstein would have the name inlaid into the nameboard and cast into the plate.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New CS200 bosendorfer by Almaviva @ Today at 12:15 PM

Amen, Brother! I am curious, though. How did you sneak a 7'9" piano past your wife, who had agreed to only a "baby grand"? The lady in question must be one of three things: 1) blind as a bat; 2) someone who considers a grand les
Jump to new posts Re: N1 adding external speakers by Ishkabibble @ Today at 12:14 PM

The dps that have nice grand-like actions also have electronic sensors and, for lack of a better expression, computer boards of various types, specialized amplifiers, speakers, etc. etc. I think it's not too far from reality to say that the N serie
Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Snowy day and a cool video
by Rich Galassini
03/01/15 03:06 PM
YUNDI Li Vancouver 2015 Chopin solo Recital @Orpheum July 2
by pianoconcert1990
03/01/15 03:06 PM
"The Mill" sheet music
by Dktenor
03/01/15 01:25 PM
Need recommendations to modify my 52" upright.
by Vivanco
03/01/15 01:03 PM
Schumann Recital - Call for Submissions!
by Morodiene
03/01/15 12:52 PM
Forum Stats
78,357 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,961 Topics
2,378,375 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission