Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
155 registered (accordeur, 3times2, Anne'sson, Alexander Borro, 40 invisible), 1405 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for teaching a basic musicianship class by Morodiene @ Today at 11:19 AM

Missbelle is right, the approach to this will vary widely based on the age level and expectations of those signing up for the class. If these are music majors in undergraduate programs, then that's very different from a class taught to students who a
Pianist Corner
Nice post >scales and related exercises like arpeggios, chords, and cadences IMHO scales and chords/cadences are not really related. scales are about fingering, technique, etc chords/cadences are about music theory This is why I hardly do an
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Lyon and Healy baby grand by David Farley @ Today at 11:18 AM

Of unknown age, but now it's mine. Has a nice tone, and a mostly good, but inconsistent action. It's even mostly in tune except for a couple of the bass notes. There are some issues - the only one causing a noticeable problem is the popsicle stick re
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Choosing between Kawai models by dave11235 @ Today at 11:11 AM

Hi all, Almost 10 years ago (!) when I was still a student, I posted here for digital piano buying advice. I ended up following recommendations for a Casio PX-110, which at the time turned out to be the perfect option for me in terms of overall valu
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoloverusI don't get Chopin(egg beaters?)or Rachmaninov vs. Liszt(both with big stretches and many notes)? For Chopin, could it be analogous to the long, spinning, fioritura that so often marks his writing? Rachmaninov: lo
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Piano VST Shootout: Cast your vote! by Alexander Borro @ Today at 11:01 AM

This could take a long time, and the variable volumes in each at first out me off making it harder. There are not many place with some longer notes and some quieter passages to focus on where I often hear the tell tales. I listened to a few last ni
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Friends' Kids by Morodiene @ Today at 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoRE: contracts That's going to be very difficult. The last time I taught my friends' children, I didn't do a contract with them. As a result, they missed many lessons and did some last-second cancellations. But I also
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by IgorLevit @ Today at 10:56 AM

Since there is an expert here, I allow myself to quote my own message, which I posted on another topic. Maybe you can answer the two implicit questions that I had in this message, about speakers and hiding the screen on the LX : "Where is the R
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:55 AM

I too can pick up any piano sounds that seem out of tune when playing music. The question then is: which note or notes, and how much and which way. You must use beats to accurately test for this.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 by Morodiene @ Today at 10:53 AM

Why don't you try one out and decide for yourself? Touch is a very personal thing, and you can have two people who have different opinions on the same instrument. The only way you will find out if the RD-800 is for you is to get out and try it (or bu
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 by anotherscott @ Today at 10:51 AM

I've mentioned in the past that what I find unnatural about the SN pianos I"ve played in the RD/FP models is that the dynamics seem exxagerated, thst the difference in timbre between ppp and FFF is more extreme than on real acoustic pianos. Howe
Jump to new posts Re: New Roland Pianos Announced by IgorLevit @ Today at 10:51 AM

Where is the Roland HP607 or something like that ? It seems a significant downgrade for me to go from a DP with 60W*2 + 10W*2 (my HP507) to a DP with 30W*2 + 7W*2 speakers, which are also much more little (see http://www.roland.com/products/hp605/spe
Jump to new posts New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ Today at 10:46 AM

We Launched 4 new HP/LX pianos today..... The new LX-17, the successor to the LX-15E. http://roland.ca/products/lx-17/ The New LX-7, the successor to the HP508 http://roland.ca/products/lx-7/ And the HP605/603 which are successors to the HP506 a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Introducing myself and a few questions. by antwilk @ Today at 10:46 AM

Hi Everyone My name is Ant, I am a 34 Y/O average guitarist living in the UK. I have a basic understanding of music theory but i have tended to play guitar a lot by ear and using videos on youtube. I have been thinking of buying a digital piano m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Expanding my repertoire by siden70 @ Today at 10:27 AM

Thank you outo - just the 545 of them to have a go at At first glance they are a bit above my level of ability but I'll start slowly and see where I get to. They will definitely offer the Baroque workout I'm looking for.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By debussychopin We are not really giving back in any way by playing piano music there. Unless you're a professional who plays without a fee. They know you're there for mainly your own enjoyment of playing your instrument I never
Pianist Corner
A very wise and correct post, Cathy. Thanks.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Ballade in F minor by pianoloverus @ Today at 10:12 AM

Trifonov is in danger.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hans according to pianists - famous composers. by pianoloverus @ Today at 10:11 AM

I don't get Chopin(egg beaters?)or Rachmaninov vs. Liszt(both with big stretches and many notes)?
Pianist Corner
Hm. I always have some kind of volunteer work going. It's like, for me, part of being a good citizen. But when I started playing for assisted living/memory care I *was* looking for a two-way street - one where I could scratch my "play out"
Jump to new posts Roland RD800 by mwf @ Today at 10:01 AM

Hi everyone, Long time since I posted on this forum. Just wanted to know any owners of the rd800 had any issues with the touch sensitivity on this board, I read a review (below) that states the board is overly sensitive and exgaragarates your pla
Adult Beginners Forum
Andrew, congratulations on finishing Singin In the Rain. My lesson went as expected yesterday. I continue another week with Little Brown Jug. Just did not go well. Lesson did go well other than that. I am also starting on the next song, Chiapane
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with parent during my "break" by Morodiene @ Today at 09:58 AM

I would schedule a student right after this one, and then have your break before this student's lesson or after the 2nd student. Then it's easy to say, "I have another lesson now. Feel free to email me with questions, or come in at the beginning
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with parent during my "break" by keystring @ Today at 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By keystringI would take that as sarcasm, as not meant genuinely, and such a thing always annoys me immensely. It is not an honest comment. I prefer honesty from the people I deal with, especially anyone
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recitals by Morodiene @ Today at 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By outoWhen I post a message about the recital, should I also post a list of recommendations of easy pieces for those who have not done much Baroque yet? I think that's a really good idea to help people get started in selecting a
Page 5 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Reading widely spaced notes?
by Nicholas Mihaila
39 minutes 51 seconds ago
Need Advice! How to send off antique Howard Baby Grand?
by Cynthia Seiler
59 minutes 57 seconds ago
[OT] I'm moving (away from Greece!)
by Nikolas
Today at 01:24 PM
Can anyone please help me figure out this piano part?
by sfgiantsfan28
Today at 01:16 PM
High end piano suggestions
by elendil
Today at 12:22 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,255 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,986 Topics
2,432,901 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission