Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
124 registered (A2mom, anotherscott, albumblatter, ando, Albunea, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1215 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by michaelha @ Today at 04:12 AM

Anyways people post the prices you paid. It's the right thing to do. I seriously don't get why people don't do it. If you benefitted by reading what someone else wrote AND you didn't post your price, then you're a leach. Sorry, but it's true. The
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Box.com by Crocus @ Today at 03:57 AM

Thanks Tyruke, Google Drive was also one of the possibilities suggested by ElmerJFudd (although he had very good things to say about DropBox also) so I'm looking at all of them. Really appreciate your input.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Hakkihttp://tch15.medici.tv/en/performance/mariinsky-ii-st-Petersburg Gergiev's regret, "OMG What have I done?" 04:08:40 Sometimes people's need to prove themselves right results in them making a fool out of themsel
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Mark_C @ Today at 03:42 AM

I was surprised to see the one who sang Queen of the Night singing Queen of the Night. But I realize it's been a grueling couple of weeks.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by kcostell @ Today at 03:37 AM

It used to be the vocal competition was thought of by many as sort of a sideshow to the other three. The New York Times in 1994 talked about the decision "not to award first prizes in the three main categories", waiting until paragraph 16 t
Jump to new posts Re: Buying new Dp Help - Yamaha ydp s52 by spanishbuddha @ Today at 03:36 AM

A Casio PX350 (with wooden stand) is within your budget and compares well against the Yamaha. Unless there is something in the specs (sounds, connectivity, options) that favours one over the other for you, you would really have to get to a shop and t
Pianist Corner
Plentnev's Scarlatti is quite unusual (and personally I hate it). So if this composer and baroque music appeals to you, please try something else too. Some of my favorite Scarlatti recordings: Andras Schiff Alexis Weissenberg Aldo Ciccolini Dubravka
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Olek @ Today at 03:25 AM

The knuckle friction is used to manage the energy accumulation and release. It gives a sort of guarantee to the pianist by sending back in the key the amount of energy stored while allowing to reduce or to amplify it yet a tiny bit, before the note
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning musc by ChopinAddict @ Today at 03:22 AM

Most people re-learn pieces they have learned before with less effort than if they had to start them from scratch.It might look like you have completely forgotten them, but when you start studying them again you will notice that they are have not bee
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Olek @ Today at 03:20 AM

Any idea why the flange screw to center (hammer shank) did enlarge, while at the same time the knuckle you center did. II seem to appreciate 16mm and 10mm knuckle.lighr hammers but not extra light Then there must be an appreciation of the shank an
Pianist Corner
http://tch15.medici.tv/en/performance/mariinsky-ii-st-Petersburg Gergiev's regret, "OMG What have I done?" 04:08:40
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning musc by outo @ Today at 02:54 AM

I think it depends on your personality and learned thinking patterns (which will be extremely difficult if not impossible to change in older age). If you are prone to getting frustrated in not being able to play the things you did before, then I thin
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/l6Zbp_Qh340 This Amosdoll Music aurally arranged and performance showcases a live advanced original piano cover on 나인뮤지스 9MUSES - 다쳐 Hurt Locker. Note: I did not compose this song; however this is my original self-rea
Pianist Corner
The work of Erin McMullen & Jenny R. Saffran, psychology professors, about the general attributes of human language and music: http://www.cogsci.ucsd.edu/~rik/courses/cogs260_s10/readings/McMullenSaffran04.pdf The process of mastering the nativ
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Diminished Arpeggios (AMEB) by currawong @ Today at 02:17 AM

Tubbie, you and your teacher need to check the exam requirements carefully. I haven't entered a student for an AMEB exam since the last syllabus change, and I'm away from home for a few days so I don't have my syllabus here. It seems to me that your
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet pulled in another direction again! by jotur @ Today at 02:10 AM

You're in good company around here. Whizbang coordinated a Joplin recital here in the ABF awhile back - ABF Joplin recital and fairly often there are Joplin pieces in the quarterly recital. Welcome to the club! Oh! and I went to hear Marcia B
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by torquenale @ Today at 02:09 AM

Photos, please?
Pianist Corner
i went ahead and bought the Scarlatti sonatas as i don't have anything Scarlatti in iTunes. I bought it at a place here in Los Angeles called Amoeba Music. For those not familiar, it's one of the biggest and last places to buy CD's and vinyl. There w
Jump to new posts Clavinova CVP-87A Motherboard by VentureJD @ Today at 01:55 AM

Anyone know where I can pick up a Clavinova CVP-87A motherboard? I had pulled mine out and shipped it to Jaydon Electronics in Jacksonville for repair, and FedEx actually lost the package! They tell me they've looked for weeks and cannot find it, so
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By AndrewJCWI recorded Amazing Grace today. Quite frustrated with it, tough to get the pedaling and timing right. I've played it enough that I know I really should just move on and it's just get more frustrating and not much better
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by newport @ Today at 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By da96103Originally Posted By newportDid she say it's 'shameful' because she saw an extra 't' in the spelling of the word 'poverty', or did she saw one 't' and insisted on adding an extra 't'? She was upset because people added T
Piano Forum
"As difficult as it might be to come up with accurate price information, confusion and ignorance about pricing for such a high-ticket item is intolerable to the consumer, and can cause decision-making paralysis. I strongly believe that a reasona
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by tbonesays @ Today at 01:25 AM

Wow reading all of these options makes me thankful, for the first time, that I have wacky astigmatism. One pair of glasses, that must be strengthened every year, for everything and no thought involved.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Yet pulled in another direction again! by Isabelle1949 @ Today at 01:25 AM

Living on New Orleans, you can't help but love the music here. Dixieland Jazz, Ragtime, Blues, Funk and everything else. Somehow I started looking at the music of Scott Joplin and decided to give it a try. It's not a "hard" piece, but it wa
Adult Beginners Forum
I recorded Amazing Grace today. Quite frustrated with it, tough to get the pedaling and timing right. I've played it enough that I know I really should just move on and it's just get more frustrating and not much better if I keep at it. The version
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio PX160 observations
by Possum SP280Krome
44 minutes 56 seconds ago
Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168
by gokelly
Today at 11:27 AM
Internet falls in love w/ homeless man who plays piano in FL
by ShiroKuro
Today at 11:23 AM
Beginner trying to self teach to recognize notes by ear
by WalkingintheAir
Today at 08:42 AM
gig to thin hammer shanks with a router
by Olek
Today at 05:30 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,289 Topics
2,423,902 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission