Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

I don't see how Op. 54 is weird at all.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by pianorigami @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

MarkC: does it , your weirdest, happen to be in Op. 54?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: My digital piano choices by Valhalun @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

When I tried the F130 at the store I had a chance to play pretty much all of Roland's newer actions and most of them seemed to be fairly similar. The DP90 is certainly nice but the keys are only minutely different from the F130, definitely not $600 d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Wow, check out this baby! by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Wish I had the space AND the money!! Haha! http://tucson.craigslist.org/msg/4665734139.html Wonder if it sounds and feels as good as it looks? (We all know this is not always the case, and not just in the piano world!)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Picking up practice after vacations by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Just sit on the bench and play something.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Great replies! Nobody has said the passage I had in mind, but (hint!).... It's not in the Polonaise-Fantaisie. (BTW to Joel: Good to see you! I think you haven't been around much lately, but then again neither have I.) The thing about the Polonais
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching beginners by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

I understand what you are saying Johnkie and Olek. The truth is, most of my customers are residential; they are not that discerning. And for those times that a less than ideal job is performed, we just add "prefers Mark" to their record. Ha
Jump to new posts Re: Please recommend a dp for classical pianist by wildpig @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

I have to second pianoteq.... After I started using pianoteq, haven't turned my px120 volume bk up anymore.... Visit yr local shop to try out the action nothing beats firsthand... Then after decided on keyboard get pianoteq and a good set of headphon
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by WinsomeAllegretto @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

http://euge.ca/2014/08/09/introduction/ Maybe this? Haha Or maybe the very end of this same piece.
Jump to new posts Re: Please recommend a dp for classical pianist by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

There are several options that you have to choose from in your price range: Morodiene's suggestion of using a software piano might definitely be worth considering if you want the best possible sound. Software pianos use your computer (and its speak
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning my piano. by Left-CA @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

First use a micro grain cloth and dip it in vinegar / warm water solution. (usually 1.5 t-spoons vinegar and a little more than a cup luke warm water. Then apply this or any other polish http://www.pianosupplies.com/pianos/SHG-8.html My recommen
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Ye old saw ..... by johnlewisgrant @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Re-recorded it. Completely different interpretation. http://youtu.be/wMYFLX7KiU8 JG
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interested in chords of this song by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Morodiene....sometimes chords are implied via melody and counter-melodies (vs. a strict chord harmony), but in this case, I'm not sure one can say there's a chord progression so much as an ostinato as Bruce pointed out. This is
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Scordatura @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

However, as entire Chopin pieces are concerned (which I realize is off-topic strictly), the Fourth Scherzo is decidedly weird (unless put alongside, say, Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique 1st movement) But it least it works in its own bizarre way, leavin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Seattle Piano Tech Recommendations by Markarian @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

Angie's List can go to piano heck (every grand is out of tune and owned by a rich family that doesn't play). Don't pay to use a service where businesses can pay a monthly fee to have their reviews rank higher on the list. Just my personal opinion.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusI think this is a big oversimplification(although I do not know the details of some prior post about a Boston). One part of knowing whether "the piano is worth it" is knowing what the dealer's % is. Many p
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No more free consultation? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

I don't call it a free lesson, because I don't teach anything. I do, however, assess where the student is at and talk about their goals. I give out my policy and info, discuss scheduling, things like that. I don't charge and I don't think I ever woul
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teachers: Do you use John Thomson method books? by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Many in my generation, myself included, also started with JT. That it was one of the few methods available back in the dark ages hardly means that significantly better pedagogical materials haven't been developed in the 60+ years since. A huge leap
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

In my opinion... 6:08 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AqTY0jkCM&t=6m8s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wholesale price for piano dealer? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Maybe half or some other percentage the SMP. Of course, there are other factors so any percent would be an average cost. The list price is utterly irrelevant in terms of what the dealer pays and should be irrelevant in terms of what a buyer pays. T
Jump to new posts Re: easy to move keyboard by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

I, too, would be concerned with getting mugged with something like that. Especially with a Nord - that would really suck to lose one of those! Might be better if you have a regular gig to see if you can just leave it there (in a locked closet) along
Jump to new posts Re: V-Piano? by TonyB @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Charles Cohen There are two different, but related _real_ issues here: 1. Is the DP a perfect substitute for an AP ? 2. Is the DP a good enough instrument to be played seriously, and have good
Jump to new posts Re: easy to move keyboard by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

If portability is your main concern, you have several options available to you. You just need to decide on the price/features. Sand tiger has already made some excellent suggestions about the things you should consider. At the high end of the spe
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles. by OscarL @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Hi,as a DIY hobbyist,I'm in the process of overhauling a 1980 ZIMMERMAN Baby Grand,and at this stage I had replaced quite a few components and made adjustments,with quite satisfactory results,the piano is now playable and at last it's showing,it's [o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Scordatura @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Climax of the Barcarolle, nothing near comparable harmonically speaking by any composer at that date IMO.
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baroque Pitch - The Well-Tempered Clavier
by Badinage
09/16/14 02:25 AM
Need Leutke Leipzig info
by Gardenergirl
09/16/14 12:26 AM
Best digital approximation
by TEHunter1
09/15/14 11:49 PM
Wow, check out this baby!
by Paul678
09/15/14 09:31 PM
Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles.
by OscarL
09/15/14 08:30 PM
Who's Online
75 registered (barbaram, AZNpiano, AEMontoya, aesop, 17 invisible), 789 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76209 Members
42 Forums
157554 Topics
2314208 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission