Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
137 registered (alerique, ajames, augustm, 36251, ando, Al LaPorte, 30 invisible), 1691 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by Rickster @ Today at 08:11 AM

I've noticed a lot of dealers, semi-dealers, wanabe dealers, etc... sell pianos out of their homes, garages, basements, etc... I've sold a few pianos myself, in the process of tinkering or upgrading, but not enough to consider myself any kind of dea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 08:01 AM

The time line of the piano playing learning experience goes from 0 to eternity. So even after several reincarnations (if that is possible) we still haven't "gotten there". By deduction, the only way to do it seems to be to enjoy it while it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by malkin @ Today at 07:55 AM

Sorry about the memento mori, but it does depend rather on how long you are going to live.
Piano Forum
The music has a dreamlike quality, very beautiful!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by chopin_r_us @ Today at 07:52 AM

You won't get many Chopin etudes under your belt but apart from that, if your teacher is good, the piano world is your oyster.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by PM7 @ Today at 07:50 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Polishook But when these sorts of things transfer easily from one genre to another they show us there's less rather than more that separates music in the world. I think it's is exactly opposite. You can make a wall or
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Just an FYI to the OP and others toying with these things: Since the A to D is happening inside the mic with these USB mics, you have to be very careful of the levels. The Apex mic I think only has 105db of internal dynamic range (some other brands
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by Qazsedcft @ Today at 07:42 AM

Memorizing the scales is very easy and can be done in a day. That's not the main problem. IMHO, it's better to work on your scales in many different ways (articulation, dynamics, rhythm, etc) than to learn them in all keys. Frankly, do you play that
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I believe that the Alpha piano uses 'impact sensors'.
I heard an opinion that DP manufacturers use velocity sensors to measure an average velocity between sensor #1 and sensor #2. This average velocity later gets translated into MIDI velocity. Question #1 What's the point to measure velocity and not th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Nahum @ Today at 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By PM7 It's not about like or not like, just look at form and structure, and compare this to some serious music, pop is primitive, and since 80ties it's usually awfully primitive. It is an objective fact. If this applies to the cou
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 or MP11: Redux by Henry Pasternack @ Today at 06:43 AM

I went to the store again and played the CA97 and the MP11 last night, this time without having to listen to Styx and Barry Manilow blaring in my ear. It was cold outside and cold in the store and it took me a long time to warm up and get used to th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Nikolas @ Today at 06:24 AM

Mark: Of course we'll meet! I mean we HAVE to! I will be in the piano meetup next week. Will you be there? But other than that, I still find that there's something about her music which is far more interesting than plenty of stuff. And to be honest,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Mark Polishook @ Today at 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By NikolasTo explain a bit better... Nicholas, you are clearly are drawn to the flame! Like you, I saw Gaga at the Stevie Wonder tribute and said "wow!" Like you I'm a former academic. Maybe escape from the academy is
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by Ataru074 @ Today at 06:11 AM

Originally Posted By sam abdel Haven't really played for 20 years. Now I'm 45. Had 1st lesson last week. I feel like I forgot everything. Question is: With private lessons from an awesome well experienced and highly educated piano teacher... 1- &q
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Ca 63 buzzing noise by Bellicapelli @ Today at 06:02 AM

Well, yesterday evening after work i went back to the piano to study... and the buzz was gone. I guess that's the climate related part kidding me. I'll look into calling a technician if it ever should become worse. Fact is, i'll have to be luc
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by R_B @ Today at 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By sam abdelI would appreciate the professional opinion of any Music Professionals/Teachers. A little about my musicality... I had a piano as a child from age 5-25. Never had classes. Taught myself here and there. Nothing seriou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Rerun @ Today at 05:51 AM

Quote:This is not up for debate. Gaga's songwriting is not in the same universe as Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson, Stevie Wonder, Freddie Mercury, Michael Jackson, Elton John, etc, in the same way that said musicians aren't in the same universe as Bach
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Discoloration in a 30 year old piano by TwoThumbs @ Today at 05:41 AM

Thanks very much!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by PM7 @ Today at 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By rocket88 It is a good thing anytime a piano, a big grand piano, is featured front and center for millions and millions to see. I suspect, that there may be other end of that stick: ignorant people thinking that she plays pian
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Nordomus @ Today at 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By CeldorOriginally Posted By andoCan't people just turn off their own DP? I don't find it hard. My exact thought But it's haaaaard But seriously though it's just nice feature, of course it's not necessity but it's cool and mak
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by sam abdel @ Today at 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By Nikolas1. Quite far if you put your mind to it, I think. Especially if you study 2 hours per day! 2. Yes. Anything to do with musicology, etc, might do the trick, I think. But it depends on where you live, of course! 2. I liv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by Sam S @ Today at 05:35 AM

I have said this many times here, and others have said it too: It's about the journey, not the destination. I restarted 7 years ago. I am now 62. I have had seven great years of playing the piano. If I had not restarted, what would I have? Regret a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by Nikolas @ Today at 05:25 AM

1. Quite far if you put your mind to it, I think. Especially if you study 2 hours per day! 2. Yes. Anything to do with musicology, etc, might do the trick, I think. But it depends on where you live, of course!
Jump to new posts Re: Just starting... by Frédéric L @ Today at 05:24 AM

I agree with Charles, the levels are related to the sensitivity of the keyboard : with a Light level, a mf will sound f or ff, on hard level the same mf will sound mp or p. But all tones could be produced, not only 5.
Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas
by gooddog
Today at 09:49 AM
Kawai US7X or Yamaha U3A and anyway to clean Ivorite?
by Winkplay
Today at 08:53 AM
Avg velocity&sensor positioning vs impact[Kawai,Korg,Ya
maha]

by vince961
Today at 07:06 AM
At age 45, what are the limitations?
by sam abdel
Today at 04:52 AM
Hammer Discoloration in a 30 year old piano
by TwoThumbs
Today at 04:37 AM
Forum Stats
82,532 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,384 Topics
2,493,906 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission