Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
97 registered (anamnesis, AndyP, Aceituna, AlanSanDiego, 25 invisible), 1089 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha c3x vs shigeru sk3 by Jeff Clef @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

Sirwormsalot, you may not have the picture, as yet, of the multiplier effect what you say has when you post on a website, like PianoWorld, which is very widely read--- not only by our own members, but also by people who are searching on the web. Wha
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddIndeed, the Roland is a bit overkill, but not by much. It's full of classic roland sounds as well as some of the newer Super Natural stuff you see on their DPs, Jupiter-80, and such. You can just ignore the features
The quick and easy way is to just use the USB port. Your PC has one, your DP has one, done. You would use the USB to Host port, BTW. The other USB connector is for a thumb drive. Wifi MIDI s#cks - sorry to the wifi MIDI fans, but it does. If
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 06:50 PM

Mark, in the end do have any results on your survey? What kind of octaves corresponded with peoples preferences?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: descending thirds with right hand by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

I would use 53 - 42 - 31 - 21. There are many ways of creating a legato effect. Connect the top notes here, and don't worry about using the thumb twice on the lower note. -J
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: For when you've had it with music theory.... by bennevis @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

I'd never heard of the 'Circle of Fifths' until I came upon it in PW . (I learnt theory from my piano teachers as part of the ABRSM exams, then later for school music exams that I also did). And personally, I think it just makes it all more complic
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

Indeed, the Roland is a bit overkill, but not by much. It's full of classic roland sounds as well as some of the newer Super Natural stuff you see on their DPs, Jupiter-80, and such. You can just ignore the features you don't need at $1799. But
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts descending thirds with right hand by pianu_reeves @ Yesterday at 06:40 PM

Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm learning Schubert's Hungarian Melody right now, and it's almost entirely within my grasp, technically speaking. But I'm having trouble with one part that seems like it should be easy. Here's the sco
Basically, MIDI, MIDI-over-USB, or maybe Wi-Fi? I know I could go MIDI-to-MIDI and that has the advantage of no ground loops but the disadvantage of requiring a MIDI dongle for the PC. I think CLP-585 and other Clavinovas might have MIDI-over-USB.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Non-classical repertoire suggestions by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Excellent. I'm neck deep in some ragtime right now. I have a little place in my heart for stride piano anyway, haha. Extra points for those numbers that have familiar lyrics for those that want to sing along. Gershwin is a winner, too. I'll h
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franz Liszt's Resignazione by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 06:28 PM

Hi, Michael! This was genuinely beautiful, both in terms of sound and in the emotional quality: a sweet-sad resignation. Thanks for sharing this!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Non-classical repertoire suggestions by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakes Anyway, given the crowd, they've experimented with throwing in a number from the "American modern hits" (and by "modern", I mean "1930s"), and that seems to be really well-received, too
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Seasonal warning by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

As the calendar, in my time zone, clicks onto 1 April it is worth reminding people of one point. The weather in the Northern hemisphere is warming up. Practicing with the windows open can be very annoying to your neighbours. Another good way is to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Tightening plate bolts on a grand by JMichaelWilson @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Could someone give me some advice on how often and how much to tighten the plate bolts on a grand piano? Thanks for your help.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Non-classical repertoire suggestions by bennevis @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Plenty of music by Latin composers - Gottschalk (The Banjo etc), Nazareth, Mozart Guarnieri (sic), Ignácio Cervantes, Piazzolla (Liebertango etc), as well as ragtime stuff (Joplin, Joseph Lamb, Artie Matthews, William Albright etc) will get those no
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by Dru Morgan @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

Today was a terrible day at work, but, even at my level, coming home and playing the piano is already relaxing. I am very comfortable with the first half of Edelweiss and it feels good to play it. The second half makes me feel like I have blinders an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: P.W. at 666 by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By J Joe Townley The devil is in the details. Yikes! I am so obsessed with details that I must be the devil's daughter!
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by deypo @ Yesterday at 06:21 PM

Roland fa-08 is a workstation? I think I don't need a workstation but I'm not sure. I use cubase when I want to write songs. I like full band music, so will I never use the benefits of a workstation? I'm prety sure I need a stage piano. I would love
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with evenness in scales by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

sounds like you are trying to go from somewhere less than 110bpm to 160bpm in too short a time. You should consider that you will be playing scales for the rest of your life so what is the rush to get to a fast speed in a few weeks? Our fingers tend
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Non-classical repertoire suggestions by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

Yes, yes, I know this is not the non-classical forum, but it's not that far off. Anyway, two friends of mine (one a retired classical dancer, the other a classical pianist) do a weekly hour at an old age home in which one friend engages the group in
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 06:08 PM

Ya, fair enough. Roland's FA-08 should be in the running. I'd love to put in the RD800, but it's over budget.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mountain Top Piano by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 06:04 PM

Nice dog. Not so keen on the piano though.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: P.W. at 666 by J Joe Townley @ Yesterday at 06:03 PM

As the great Jimmy Durante used to say: "Hachachacha, I got a million of 'em."
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Should I apply for bachelor or master degree? by carey @ Yesterday at 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldi"Every idiot that can sort of play hands together." So, if BM stands for "Bitter Musician," what does DMA stand for? "Dumb Musical A$$----" Where I went, there was a "SPAP" desi
Adult Beginners Forum
Beechcraft409, Its a basic 3 vs. 2 Do a 3 vs 2 search here and you will find some threads with good explanations of ways to learn and practice that skill. The mnemonic that works for me is: not-dif-i-cult R---R----R L-------L
Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What happened to Polyphonist?
by JoelW
03/31/15 10:45 PM
Sohmer Upright piano model 34A
by dbf
03/31/15 09:25 PM
A long over due update...
by Les Koltvedt
03/31/15 09:04 PM
Piano Movers Tightened a Leg Bolt too Tightly
by pianoman9
03/31/15 08:17 PM
descending thirds with right hand
by pianu_reeves
03/31/15 06:40 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,727 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,896 Topics
2,390,972 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission