Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
12 registered (Greener, Miguel Rey, Isabelle1949, Midlife_Piano, Gene Nelson, 2 invisible), 316 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How did your first years of practice go? by johnstaf @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

I started playing when I was ten. I was thrown out of lessons after two years because I never practised and it was clear I had no interest in it. I wanted to be a guitar god.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: My practice app of choice and how I use it by johnstaf @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88johnstaf, can you say more about why you ended up hating Anki for Japanese? I'm thinking of using it for Latin. ETA: I have used Cerego (another spaced-timing app) for other topics, and found it useful for most of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By sara elizabethMy teacher has suggested that I do my grade 3 exam either in June or August. Of course it is up to me whether I want to take the exam at all. What value have you guys found in preparing for the exam? I'm worried abo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm having an affair with the piano by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Know what you mean. I had played double bass pretty seriously (with some interruptions) for almost 45 years before taking up piano for the first time five years ago. Instantly smitten. Bass now just sits jealously in the corner...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GL50 versus Yamaha C3X by itchycuticles @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By ando I find this post to be rather condescending. You suggest that people who prefer the CX are basing it on superficial early impressions, but people who really think deeply about it will prefer the GX. This is purely your own t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Conover Model 77 Options by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Photos,please! Congratulations on the acquisition.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching special needs kids by hello my name is @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Can I resurrect this thread? I am going to be teaching an autistic girl starting tomorrow. I do have some experience with autism since I work as a SLPA as well, but of course every individual is different. Experiences, anyone?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesOh, I think it looks like spruce from the top and carbon fiber from the bottom (scroll down to gallery at the bottom of page): http://www.phoenixpianos.co.uk/a170/ Oh, got my answer. In the description, it says, "
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanical problems with tangents by Sverre @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Thank you P W Grey and daniokeeper. This was quite advanced for me. I understand a professional probably has to do this. But I hope little things like a replacement of a spring, or an adjustment of parts slightly out of place, can be done by the one
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanical problems with tangents by daniokeeper @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By P W GreySverre, There are a number possible causes for this: 1) Jack spring weak or broken 2) Capstan on key set too high 3) Backcheck set too far away 4) Tight bushing on Jack 5) Key front heavy 6) Any combination of the above
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Oh, I think it looks like spruce from the top and carbon fiber from the bottom (scroll down to gallery at the bottom of page): http://www.phoenixpianos.co.uk/a170/ Oh, got my answer. In the description, it says, "cabon fiber soundboard faced w
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: RD-2000 or CP4? by Macsaint777 @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

I'm not saying that you can't get a decent idea of how something sounds using YouTube or Soundcloud, but it will sound different with good headphones or through a good outboard system, simply because the compression inherent in both of those services
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By PeakskiIt's interesting what you say about being able to learn notes and timing from self-teaching, but not artistry and intricacy. That implies that I don't know what actually sounds good to my own ear. But I think that's the
Piano Forum
Glad to hear that you're having the action replaced! Hope it turns out well. Be careful with that Baldwin...you may fall in love with it!
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanical problems with tangents by P W Grey @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

Sverre, There are a number possible causes for this: 1) Jack spring weak or broken 2) Capstan on key set too high 3) Backcheck set too far away 4) Tight bushing on Jack 5) Key front heavy 6) Any combination of the above 7) Something else Quite d
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by Gray44 @ Yesterday at 07:57 PM

I'm happy too. At first I had the piano on my desk (which had a thick cloth on) and the speakersound wasn't good, then my pianostand arrived and wow that was a BIG improvement. I later found there is an option in the settings to tell the piano it's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Conover Model 77 Options by Rich D. @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Conover 77 very similar to a Mason Hamlin A. Only came across one that was rebuilt many years ago and it played and sounded very nice. As has been said first have a tech do an evaluation of the instrument to
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by P W Grey @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Well, here's the deal: As far as I know, none of us professional tuners would dare tune much of anything other than standard equal temperament UNLESS a client specifically asked for, or through discussion with got interested in, something else such a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nice Video - kudos to PianoCraft by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By Keith D Kerman I think the adjoining grounds are pretty spectacular when in bloom especially! Definitely! There are number of neat little places around town, and this is definitely one of them. 😃
Jump to new posts Re: Slow hammers by Blues beater @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By Ahmedn1I was away for more than a year and I came back home and started to tune and repair my upright piano. The problem I'm having now is some of the hammers are either not coming back down or returning slowly. I have one of
Jump to new posts Re: Slow hammers by Ahmedn1 @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

It is an old German upright piano
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by Candywoman @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

keystring: naturally kids should be able to spend some time as they wish. It's a matter of amount. I do have students who spend many nights and weekend afternoons playing soccer, Saranoya. I can't add it up, but it's an awful lot. In answer to keys
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

You can also opt for spruce soundboard if you want.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Thanks Keith. Is this what the Phoenix carbon fiber soundboard looks like? (brief glances starting at 1 min mark) It looks very similar to spruce.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Model M by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 07:38 PM

Do you mean how much it cost in '68? Or how much one is worth now in original condition?
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which Digital Stage Piano has the Best Action?
by drpharmer
02/25/17 06:27 AM
Historical middle tone temperament
by Maximillyan
02/25/17 03:02 AM
What is to be gained from belly work?
by PeterSim
02/25/17 12:10 AM
Steinway Model M
by woohoo123
02/24/17 07:22 PM
Digital piano as a music player vs slab piano + stereo
by Alohaneko
02/24/17 06:03 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,790 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,706 Topics
2,601,703 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission