Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
108 registered (anamnesis, AZNpiano, 36251, ando, 23 invisible), 1518 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Hello. I'm a 21 year old student. I began playing piano around 1 month ago on a Yamaha YTK-220. This keyboard however is really bad as it only has 64 keys, not touch sensitive and not heavy graded. I bought it to see if i would like to play the pian
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: fingerings for this walking bass line? by dire tonic @ Today at 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By NahumLaw of motion physiology states as follows: [i]in a given playing situation possibly huge number of wrong movements, and only one correct. lol!- there's good and bad technique but this is a fiction. (btw, you need to
Member Recordings
Hello Steven Universe enthusiasts! Here is my piano cover on the very awesome duet called "Don't Cost Nothin' " sung by Steven and his dad Greg! It has a beautiful melody, enjoy! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/vg-MNwyK__c Piano Tutori
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best edited version? by BDB @ Today at 02:32 AM

If you need fingering, you should see what figuration is giving you problems, and find an exercise, like Hanon, which deals with that figuration, and use the fingering given for that. In the case of K. 1, it would probably be an exercise for broken t
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding between CA67 (maybe CA97) and HP605 by Kawai James @ Today at 02:22 AM

kapelli, I do recall when the CA97/CA67 first began shipping, some customers experienced difficulty playing a key very gently without always triggering the note. This sensitivity can be adjusted using the instrument's 'Minimum Touch' setting. Aside
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best edited version? by Lakeviewsteve @ Today at 02:20 AM

Edited version? I always thought originals are the best. Urtext versions are the closest to originals having been documented back to the source. Sometimes the composer will leave the fingering, and pedaling for that matter, out on purpose. I t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asbestos in Pianos by PhilipInChina @ Today at 02:17 AM

I have just read through this thread. It seemed to be somebody desperately wanting to find asbestos and being genuinely disappointed to discover that there is no asbestos in pianos. I simply wonder what his motivation was in the first place. That wa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To share or not to share? by Tonedeef @ Today at 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By AndrewJCWOriginally Posted By bennevisDon't bother with YouTube - piano videos there are a dime a dozen (or whatever the simile is), and people tend not to say anything complimentary - even if you're the world's greatest virtuoso
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding between CA67 (maybe CA97) and HP605 by kapelli @ Today at 01:40 AM

James, It would be too hard for me to find the links, but I know people have noticed same issue as Coolman with playing pp/ppp. If Im not wrong Besides search engine here is not too good By saying problem I mean that the instrument did not allowe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Possible Rachmaninoff Committed Suicide by Cigarette? by Serge Marinkovic @ Today at 01:12 AM

I did not know that that the association was seen in the 1950's
Jump to new posts Re: Asbestos in Pianos by BDB @ Today at 01:11 AM

Odd that you would be resurrecting a dead topic for this, but it is odder still that the felt would have tested as synthetic or cellulose. There are no synthetics used in hammers, except for oddballs like the Yamaha CP60-70-80 electric pianos. Synthe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Advanced recital songs? by BruceD @ Today at 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By wrI really should know better by now, but when I saw the subject line, I started to think of, like, you know, actual songs. By Medtner, Faure, Poulenc, Debussy, Rachmaninoff, Duparc, etc. [...] I, too, thought that same thing,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1915 Mason BB Now Being Restored. by BDB @ Today at 12:53 AM

What will happen if the amount of contact is 1.1 mm wide?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Carpal tunnel surgery by Serge Marinkovic @ Today at 12:42 AM

Well I am a urologist and pianist in that order. I had symptoms of Carpel Tunnelfor 5 plus years and did nothing to admit it even to my wife. I saw a neurologist and had an EMG for both hands with both hands demonstrating moderate to severe Carpel Tu
Jump to new posts Re: Asbestos in Pianos by tim0001 @ Today at 12:24 AM

I recently had 3 samples of felt and one piece of cloth from a Haddorff piano tested for asbestos. The felt was used in the hammer and back check. The felt on the hammer had yellowed with age. The piano serial number indicated that it was made in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1915 Mason BB Now Being Restored. by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:21 AM

What I suggest is that the profile of the V-bar should be done before finishing the casting. It needs to be a definite V shape not a U shape so the strings can pivot at the termination. The actual string contact should be less than 1mm wide and the p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas or a type of finish? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:17 AM

If you have a filled-grain wood finish done, it is important that the grain filler be a very dark red/brown hue. This is the way they were originally done and it sets the grain pattern off wonderfully. Satin sheen is also the only way top go if you w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good price for a used Steinway Model M? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:12 AM

One important technical specification that almost all piano manufacturers and many rebuilders fail to meet is the proper shape of the V-bar. This affects the treble tone and the longevity of the strings. The V-bar should be a definite V-shape and it
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bennevis The interesting thing is, from what I recall from my student days, everyone was adept at sight-reading. Maybe those who could not would soon drop out the ABRSM system because they could not cope with the demands? On th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Advanced recital songs? by Carey @ Today at 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By Pianist808Hi everybody, I am looking for a song for my upcoming recital. I have been playing for 6+ years so I need a song that's pretty challenging. Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thank you! Welcome to the forums.
Jump to new posts Re: DP with good orchestral sounds? by Radio.Octave @ Today at 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddOk, I have a better idea of where you're coming from because you've shared a budget. Please take a look at the Casio PX-560 @ $1199.99. See if you can get your dealer to bundle the CS-67 stand and SP-33 triple pedal.
Originally Posted By MediocreSamThe main board had heat and water damage, the keybed was sunken, and the metal case was dented. Wow, it sounds like the instrument had really been in the wars - certainly not the 'excellent condition' you had anticip
Jump to new posts Re: Preparing to record, with lots of questions by emenelton @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

24 bit does sound better than 16 bit, there's 8 more bits of sound at any given moment. Can you post the 96/24 track too? BTW believe it or not - if your going to sample rate convert to 44.1 kHz, your tracking sample rate is suggested to be set to 8
Jump to new posts Re: DP with good orchestral sounds? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By Radio.OctaveI checked out some boards at Guiter Center this evening (really the only place around me that has a decent selection). I played around with the Yamaha YGP-535. I thought the strings sounded pretty good, but it doesn
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good price for a used Steinway Model M? by jcgee88 @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalSupply and demand is a fickle mistress. Perhaps [rebuilds] don't sell for as much, but perhaps the profit margin is still quite good. Obviously, rebuilding Steinways is a viable business. If we had real data to analyze,
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain, David Rosenthal, Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Youngsters at the organ.....
by Johan B
Today at 02:19 PM
How much should you know about your piano?
by jcgee88
Today at 02:16 PM
List of voices - anyone else amazed it's never in the manual
by bill5
Today at 01:28 PM
NEW BALDWIN 178
by Karl Watson
Today at 12:43 PM
Piano Summit 2017 - NY March 13-15 Join Us!
by Piano World
Today at 12:34 PM
Forum Stats
84,455 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,187 Topics
2,543,735 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission