Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
118 registered (barbaram, Bambers, anamnesis, augustm, ando, alwatson, 34 invisible), 1790 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer response/String Resonanance on AP450 by Evaldas @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

And also try turning up the volume and abruptly pressing down the damper pedal with your foot with highest and lowest string resonance setting :-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by Dashy @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Dashy Seeing people post videos online "look at me playing Goldberg Variations after only a year with NO prior experience!" makes me a little envious. YouTube is the bane of adult students
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer response/String Resonanance on AP450 by Evaldas @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

I have the ap450 and these settings do make some difference. The lid does not have to be open for them to work. For string resonance try holding down the damper pedal and playing the highest notes loudly at different settings. And the hammer response
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai Uprights or DP for a first piano by Rickster @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Hello, and welcome to Piano World! It sounds like you are doing your research and doing your homework, so you can make an informed decision. Even so, it can be a difficult choice to make. There are benefits to both a digital piano and an acoustic.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Gershwin! by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

I heard Wild play his Fascinatin' Rhythm as an encore at Carnegie Hall a long time ago. By then he had the audience eating out of the palm of his hand and applauding (wildly). Then he comes out again and walks along the flat side of the piano to its
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Obscure sheet music - coenen by Gmthompson1 @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

Hi - I'm looking for piano sheet music for Nocturne in Eb Major by Willem Coenen.....does anyone have any info on the composer or leads on the sheet music? I heard the piece on Michael Van Krucker's "Nocturnes" and would love to have the s
Jump to new posts Re: Used LX15e or new LX17 by drewr @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By Jay Roland Don't worry too much about the output wattage. The LX-17's speaker system benefits from extremely efficient drivers. Making the difference in tone and volume from it's predecessor, negligible. The LX-17 speaker is
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer response/String Resonanance on AP450 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:57 PM

Have you tried to hear the difference with headphones? Otherwise, I'd try with the lid up. Also, did you try these with the damper pedal? I'm not sure if this would help (not sure what hammer response corresponds to), but sometimes it does.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By JoeTQuote:An efficient way is to compute: Velocity = table[ timing ]. That requires memory access, increasing the part cost hundredfold and adding latency. A simple bit flip doesn't. Low-level hardware engineering is hard. Let's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by Dashy @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneWhat you are experiencing is perfectly normal. Piano study is like building a brick wall: you do it one brick at a time, and while you are placing those bricks horizontally (if one "brick" - one day of practice
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Digital or Second Hand Upright? by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

will share a recent experience. over the summer, considered replacing my older model roland digital with a portable to travel with. the roland is my early hours (midnight to 0600) practice tool, and for now decided to get another acoustic to put in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Gershwin! by Keith D Kerman @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By prout 'Fascinatin Rhythm' sounds much more difficult than it actually is. SHHHhhhhhhh!!!!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By Nahum I propose a small change: Hoome stretch to two notes , and At The sing at third quarter in a dotted rhythm . You can't be serious. Why fix something if it's not wron
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Gershwin! by prout @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

I just got Wild's Seven Virtuoso Etudes on Gershwin songs. Interesting. The pieces are perfectly written by a pianist for a pianist. The notes lie beautifully under the hands. 'Fascinatin Rhythm' sounds much more difficult than it actually is. I wa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Dashy Seeing people post videos online "look at me playing Goldberg Variations after only a year with NO prior experience!" makes me a little envious. YouTube is the bane of adult students
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By Dashy Seeing people post videos online "look at me playing Goldberg Variations after only a year with NO prior experience!" makes me a little envious. YouTube is the bane of adult students. Ignorance really can be bl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By Dashy . .. . My teacher says I'm progressing: that my only problem is I get too easily frustrated and I need to have more fun with it. . . . I suspect that you should listen to your teacher. Learning piano is hard -- harder
Piano Forum
The K-3 is a nice piano. Unless the K-300 really stands out to you, I'd go for the K-3. I've had the opportunity to play a K-3 quite a bit and it has a nice touch and tone.
Jump to new posts Re: Used LX15e or new LX17 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

a) How important is $2000 to you? b) Doug M's suggestion of an FP-90 and a pair of speakers is intriguing. You can get really good speakers for $1000 per pair. No worries about "Is there enough power?", with that option. I admit to bias
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Charlie Osgood's pianos by Duke of Dunning @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

Yesterday, Charles Osgood hosted the CBS "Sunday Morning" show for the last time after a run of more than 20 years. Among the various tributes and recollections was a piece about his musical talents as a pianist and banjo player. During one
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Used Kawai Uprights or DP for a first piano by MaidMarian @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

Hi, I'm lost in the sea of piano options and need some sound advice as well as honest price suggestions. I played piano for 12 years as a child, now I have children of my own (6 and 9 year old boys) and my 6 year old says he would like to take less
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Technique Question.... by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By fiver Problems with the Fifth Finger in Piano Technique +1 on the Mortensen videos. You need to fix this as your first priority. It's like going 100 miles an hour towards a brick wall -- everything seems fine until you ge
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By mischeliSo, you can clearly hear the difference here. . . . In his 5-note tests, the Yamaha and Roland are played staccato (or at least detache), while the Casio is played legato. I don't know if that was deliberate, or n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who knows something About an Obermeier grand piano by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

yes, obermeier made various sizes of grand pianos. they might have made white pianos, but there is no image or record accessible to me of any that they made. knowing the history of the individual instrument, how it was kept and maintained, if it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Loss by torquenale @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Music can help you to feel a connection with your Mother.
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Grand Piano in Semi-Detached House
by Sepharite
55 minutes 1 second ago
Sound of an Erard Piano
by Seeker
Today at 08:47 AM
Competition
by I like Piano
Today at 07:53 AM
New digital Paino
by dmcgeown
Today at 07:30 AM
New digital piano
by dmcgeown
Today at 06:37 AM
Forum Stats
85,081 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,367 Topics
2,558,450 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission