Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
178 registered (255, ajames, Alexander Borro, accordeur, A Guy, 45 invisible), 1553 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Recording your practices by Anita Potter @ Today at 01:23 AM

I finally have a microphone and I want to start recording my practices. I have Audacity and was looking at their Wiki about how much space certain settings use per minute. Using it at the default settings they say it takes 20mb/minute and then chan
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by ElaineAllegro @ Today at 01:21 AM

I got sidetracked watching the live streaming of the National Chopin Competition... Thank you for the most recent set of comments on my Mozart K332 #3; I'm blushing and grateful to have a nice response for all that work. It's more gratifying than an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Frédéric Chopin! by MarkH @ Today at 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By JoelWRachmaninoff is half the musician Lisitsa is. This has been proven. Is this a joke? Lisitsa would be the first to cry out at how untrue this is. Thank you for existing Chopin. Yours was one of the great souls.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by outo @ Today at 01:17 AM

It seems I have a problem. I've had an elbow pain for a couple of months now, it comes and goes. What I just realized is that it comes from practicing this Schumann piece which is a real challenge for my right hand. I spend about an hour on it yester
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin by Elene @ Today at 01:11 AM

Happy Chopin's 205th birthday.
Adult Beginners Forum
Great! By the way, kudos for finding and trying out a piece that's "off the beaten track". I do wish more people would dare to do this. Let us know how it goes!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by Anita Potter @ Today at 01:03 AM

I started out four months ago and would practice hands separately (usually RH first then LH) then work on bringing them together. Until recently, probably about two months ago I started with HT and have been doing that since. So it does take some t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ Today at 12:56 AM

@zillybug I either take the SD card out of my cell phone and put it in my micro sd adapter that I then place into the sd card slot on my computer. After I transfer it to the computer I take it into Windows Movie maker (unless I need to take it into
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Complete beginner with a few questions by Tony Romo @ Today at 12:55 AM

1. Being able to improvise at jazz takes a certain level of piano technique which might take a few years to develop. However, its never too early to start listening to jazz, and slowly learning about how jazz fits into the other topics you are study
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Burn out and joy by outo @ Today at 12:53 AM

When I think about it I often feel burned out about piano playing. Interestingly I hardly ever feel like that about my job even when it's really bad. I don't really feel much joy about just playing because it's always such a struggle to get through
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by DragonPianoPlayer @ Today at 12:53 AM

Well, there is a couple of mental shifts that occur as you improve. You go from 10 fingers and controling each independently to two hands to one hand with 10 fingers working together. Sometimes a piece is complex enough that the final shift takes a L
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ Today at 12:49 AM

Thanks guys. Gonna try to finish up recording tomorrow (trying to find a computer mic was an obnoxious feat that took some time) then start work on the Suite in G Major (1 of 4) Z. 660 Prelude. Too bad the actual harpsichord sound on this keyboard
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by earlofmar @ Today at 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By Tony Romo Other then that, don't over-think it I would agree with this, playing HT coming into piano seems like the biggest mountain but quickly becomes so natural as to be a non issue. Unfortunately there is a whole mountain
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restringing an old piano, little help? by aoto34 @ Today at 12:26 AM

Thank you! Also, is it absolutely necessary to replace the tuning pins? Not to doubt your judgement, seeing that I am certainly not a piano technician, just trying to save a little labor and money. It's not necessarily a matter of finances being str
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Acoustical Piano Actions vs High End Digital Piano Action by backto_study_piano @ Today at 12:23 AM

If you're only considering purely the action, the DP may possibly be the equal of a low-price acoustic. However, when you consider the whole, I, and I would suspect all pianists would far prefer playing an acoustic. There are many more aspects to a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by OneWatt @ Today at 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesHello 9190, No the v1.00 firmware is not online. I'm not sure there is any reason to use this beyond historical interest. However, if there is demand to make the original firmware available, I can perhaps upload it (i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by Mike. @ Today at 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By earlofmarOriginally Posted By Mike. I also paid my dues of hours and hours of practice and I would HOPE that my 30 plus years playing banjo will make it much more attainable to play the piano/organ. I am afraid it doesn't work
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Today at 12:15 AM

Hello Dave, Okay, I'll see if I can find the time to update the relevant pages of the manual. The changelogs are intended more for my own reference - I hadn't planned on posting this information until you queried the differences between recent owne
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What can I do to eliminate "Pupil/Master" fear? by Tony Romo @ Today at 12:05 AM

Best way to get over that fear is to go rent "Whiplash", its out on DVD.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by Tony Romo @ Today at 12:03 AM

I only practice "Hands Separately" if I am figuring out how to finger something difficult, or I am having trouble with some aspect of that phrase that needs specific attention. Otherwise, "Hands Together" is preferable. You seem
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Dave Morrill @ Today at 12:01 AM

Kawai James, That would be great if you could refresh the manual for the next update. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate having a single definitive reference for the MP7 instead of a set of change logs. Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas Too by DoelKees @ Today at 12:01 AM

Congratulations Lucas and Bill too! Did Lucas tune all aurally, or just the midrange? I guess he also qualified to become a CTE. How many records did he break? Like youngest ever to become RPT, youngest ever to qualify for CTE? Kees
Jump to new posts Re: Why not a worm drive to tension strings? by Tunewerk @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

That's a good question.. Some say the piano is meant to go out of tune, and the ability of strings on pins to give, along with the crown of the soundboard is supposed to maintain downbearing in the system over time. As far as putting worm drives on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by lunobili @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Nice question, thanks for posting it. Unfortunately I do not have any answer, but surely I will be watching this thread. I was wondering the same myself. For what is worth (I am a beginner), I do the same as you do. I think of music as a sequence w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Snowy day and a cool video by PaintedPostDave @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Stunning performance and beautiful sounding piano!
Page 7 of 20 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Unknown (to me) Grieg Op 3
by jdw
Today at 07:32 AM
Dynamic Quality of recordings
by peterws
Today at 05:47 AM
Wm Knabe & Co 1894 upright grand piano
by Dwinchester
Today at 01:38 AM
Recording your practices
by Anita Potter
Today at 01:23 AM
Yet another hand coordination question
by nw31304
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
Forum Stats
78,370 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,992 Topics
2,378,741 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission