Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
101 registered (alerique, agraffe, ando, augustm, AZ_Astro, 26 invisible), 1864 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is listening to Spotify (etc.) morally dubious? by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By NikolasAs a professional user on the other side, I'm rather against spotify and the such... Royalties are literally pennies and it's a scheme that should put out of work lots of musicians. But I'm repeating myself I think... No
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is PioneerVSX-329 good amp for Focusrite and hi-fi speakers? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By michaelvi Originally Posted By newer playerMonitors with built in amps are a very elegant solution without a lot of wires, buttons, etc. There is just two things that I dislike with them - volume and other knobs are on back side
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Piano Challenge by malcolmpk88 @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

A theater friend asked me to go over to her house to help her learn parts of the Bach B Minor Mass. This was her piano. https://youtu.be/Pr8zGkxUFRw
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: (Slow) Blues repertoire and tips by PianoMath @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

Thanks for your replies! Tax Payer Blues is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for Albert, I know this website, but is it really good? I might try that
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By XenondiFluoride it sure is a wonderful piece, it certainly is exposing many flaws in my technique as well... but that is what etudes are for. Those broken chords right before bar 52 kill me.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Working on Liszt's transcendental Etude No.2 Any tips? by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By Damon My book of the trancendental's are in the most pristine condition. I wish I could help but they are all beyond me. Well thank you for responding anyway. I guess I'm all alone on this one, ha!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann: Romance Op. 28/2 by Valencia @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf90It takes a bit of confidence to drop the bits you've been working on but they'll come back to you very quickly when you next take them up but without your having developed any tempo in them yet. It's easier to fix issues th
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Sam S I'm going to be very blunt - I have no time to waste on such a dead end system. I would rather spend what little free time I have browsing on Piano World By all means, be blunt! I would never want to deny anyone their
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Goldfinger (Bond) question by drewrst @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By FrankCoxAh... pedal. It never occurred to me that there would be a way to play that properly using the pedal. My piano even has a sostenuto pedal that I've never actually used to this point. I now suddenly realize that this wo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: share your scales routines! by Valencia @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

Thanks bSharp and Groove On for sharing and for the links! Yesterday I tried out some scales practice. Started with C# minor since one of my pieces is in that key. Talk about humbling! :\ I think I may spend the week just on this key, then maybe no
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT Required note/chord by keystring @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

We had degus. They look like squirrels with electrocuted tails. I thought something was wrong with E5 on the piano - one of the little mites was sitting on its haunches singing to every E in Fuer Elise. Our last ever baby canary went to the owner
Jump to new posts Re: digital piano standing vertically - is it OK? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

It won't hurt at all. Not for three weeks. Not even for years.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Goldfinger (Bond) question by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By FrankCoxAh... pedal. It never occurred to me that there would be a way to play that properly using the pedal. My piano even has a sostenuto pedal that I've never actually used to this point. I now suddenly realize that this wo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fit and Finish of Keytops by Iggy64 @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

I really appreciate your thoughts, Rickster. Over many years, I've learned to let go of perfectionism to a large extent. I don't have to touch up every little paint chip on my car, or keep every square foot of my lawn nice and green. But my piano
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Upright with a Silent System? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

Dear All: On behalf of a friend, I am asking for advice/experience with new silent system upright pianos. He lives in Florida, and the choices seem to be: Yamaha: B2 SG or B3 SG Kawai K200 ATX-2 or K-300 ATX 2 He would also be open to purchasi
Jump to new posts Re: roland lx17 ringing sounds by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By nelcehey guys, for those of you who have a roland lx-17, i'm wondering if you guys are having a problem with certain notes (mainly in the middle range) having a high pitch ring to the end of it. i've attached a sample here of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT Required note/chord by dogperson @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

One of my friend's dogs yodels to 'The Dingo Ate My Baby'.... purely spontaneous, but hysterical
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Goldfinger (Bond) question by FrankCox @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

Ah... pedal. It never occurred to me that there would be a way to play that properly using the pedal. My piano even has a sostenuto pedal that I've never actually used to this point. I now suddenly realize that this would be exactly what it's ther
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by Schubertian @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red text included. Please make sure to use the most recent version when you add your own! Bortkiewicz - Prelude op.33 no.
Adult Beginners Forum
Standard music notation has its flaws, but it is what it is and has developed over centuries, and has been standardized for the last few hundred years. Which is more than be said for most written/speech language anywhere in the world - including Mand
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha G2: what do you think? by kanadajin @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

I purchased my brand new G2 in 1990, have never regretted it and still love it. When shopping around, I actually preferred it to the specific G3 sitting next to it in the showroom for both keyboard touch as well as tone, and it was a significant impr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tarantella for Solo piano by Harry Fajeon by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

Maybe it's among these opus numbers? http://waltercosand.com/CosandScores/Composers%20E-K/Farjeon,%20Harry/
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ShiroKuro I hope some other people (Sam?) who have played for a long time will look at it, I'm curious what you think about the vertical distance it takes on the page. It looks like it would be *very* hard to sightread because of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do I still need my digital piano by kanadajin @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

I have both an acoustic grand and a digital and I find that I play them both quite regularly. For similar reasons as stated above. Also, they do have different keyboard feel and touch which is good adaptation practice for when one has to play on &quo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That 52 measure Fermata insertion by Liszt in Un sospiro... by XenondiFluoride @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

it sure is a wonderful piece, it certainly is exposing many flaws in my technique as well... but that is what etudes are for.
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bechstein 5'9"
by Works1
08/29/16 09:26 AM
Kawai piano recall- bad glue??
by pianodad11
08/29/16 09:23 AM
Nord Piano 3 anyone?
by CyberGene
08/29/16 08:26 AM
Suggestions for new pieces!
by gwhilton
08/29/16 07:31 AM
Distance learning part time degree in music
by zyxwvu
08/29/16 01:47 AM
Forum Stats
84,810 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,819 Topics
2,551,293 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission