Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
75 registered (36251, ando, Albunea, Anita Potter, Anne H, Andre campana, 15 invisible), 1054 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Good luck Brian. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By dire tonicWell, this is really racing along! Reports of delays have been greatly exaggerated. I see Alexander is offline but I can PM you, immediately, the very same source file I sent him (my rendition of PP's original) if you'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Control at the piano. What is it? by Greener @ Yesterday at 06:19 PM

Control at the piano is demonstrated by playing with accuracy at tempo with good tone quality. It is achieved by being effective as all Persons of Heather's example, practice and experience. ... i think.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Lessons DVD's by TonyB @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

btcomm - I am definitely interested, and would be willing to pay you something more if you need it. These would fit in beautifully with some other of Willie's course that I have! Thanks, Tony
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Control at the piano. What is it? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 06:05 PM

hreichgott, that's very interesting. I'll have to start training person A too. More things to learn! Looks like keystring also has that person A. Rerun, fortunately I am not planning to perform publicly. I guess it would have been a difficult part
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By BrianDX I'm not sure either why memorization seems to be a big deal. You can of course, participate in the Guild and bring your music with you, as a hobbyist. I thought you had to play all your pieces from memory when doing the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By ValenciaOk, I sent my attempt on to Whizbang. How was it? I don't think it was too difficult, was it?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs acoustic, $400 budget by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

These are true: Bachus: At that price range most acoustic pianos are low quality. Me: Some digital pianos in this price range are wonderful. And these opposites are also true: pianoMom2006: I couldn't stand (the digital piano) and we found a good ac
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Using VPC-1 with Pianoteq? by newbert @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

Thanks for all of the info and your thoughts, everyone. I just placed my order for the VPC-1 and K&M Table Stand from Musician's Friend (both at 15% discount). Looking forward to getting it up and running!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Control at the piano. What is it? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By AlbuneaOriginally Posted By malkinPart of control is consistency. And what is consistency? To have the intention to play a passage in a certain way and to play it that way every time. That indeed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 05:57 PM

Fandango by Soler. What would it be nice to have a harpsichord just for this piece alone. Thinking of playing it on the piano. Not sure how it would sound though!
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By MomOfBeginners But I do not believe that you lose some memorization skill because you become good at reading. You lose memorization skill because you don't practice it. There will always be musicians who are much better
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Saranoya...... for those to whom memorization represents an extra hurdle, Guild auditions may amount to torture. At the very least, those people will lose valuable time, memorizing pieces they already
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Greener @ Yesterday at 05:43 PM

Nice work casinitaly and Alexander. I was following along today and realized I may need to record tonight. Possibly even this round at this rate, or both. Yesterday I was thinking more like end of the week. Not now. Will set up now.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Well, this is really racing along! Reports of delays have been greatly exaggerated. I see Alexander is offline but I can PM you, immediately, the very same source file I sent him (my rendition of PP's original) if you're not expecting him to complet
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any tips (suggestions, help) for an Intermediate'ish player by Venividivici @ Yesterday at 05:36 PM

Hello! I've only played the piano for about a year but I have some tips regarding music theory. 1: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE21681C348DD0567 Those videos are short and concise, they helped me a bit at the earliest stages. Also pretty
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital apprehension by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By oldbegonia....... It's just a piano recital. Whether you crash and burn or play brilliantly, your mere presence give the <9 crowd someone to look up to. And even in failure, you can show the younger ones how it's done. Whethe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Cat_W @ Yesterday at 05:34 PM

Time for a second round to thank you for your wonderful comments. Hope I figured it out correctly with the quotes... I would have never guessed before this recital that I would receive so many kind comments. :-) Originally Posted By peterws 50 Cat
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Saranoya...... for those to whom memorization represents an extra hurdle, Guild auditions may amount to torture. At the very least, those people will lose valuable time, memorizing pieces they already know how to play, while they
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDX..... 26) Medieval Piper (N Faber) 27) The Bear (Rebikov) (OF) 28) Rehoboth Rag (BrianDX) (OF) 29) Prelude (Op. 137 No. 22) (Bertini) (OF)
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs acoustic, $400 budget by kapelli @ Yesterday at 05:26 PM

The other not mentioned thing is, that, due the high and increasing popularity of digitals, which are going better and better each year, the prices of classical pianos dropped down...
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs acoustic, $400 budget by Edtek @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

There are lots of good acoustic pianos on Craigslist for $500. I bought a nice Baldwin Hamilton studio for $500 and sold it two years later for $500 when I bought my new Yammie. The Baldwin played rings around any digital I have ever played both to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Quiet Practice Mode Question by Scriabin67 @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By Stevie MarsMy piano has a "curtain" which drops down in front of the strings for the hammers to hit so the sound is much quieter when the system is activated. My question is: Could this be bad for the voicing and/or r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sweet Spot in Piano Size? by Norbert @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

Estonia grands all have their own "sweet spot" Interestingly enough: regardless of size... Try the smallest: you'll be surprised! [I *was* when becoming dealers 18 years ago..] Serious: still got 2 churches who bought the earlier 5'4 models
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

And done! Sending it on to Pianostudent88 This was the easier of Polyphonist's compositions. I'm ready to try the slightly harder one!
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recital Revisited
by johan d
05/26/15 01:58 AM
Yamaha 1982 YUS Action material
by Weiyan
05/26/15 01:15 AM
Old Sample Pianos
by lgarcia
05/25/15 10:49 PM
What well-known piano piece does this opening resemble
by hreichgott
05/25/15 09:13 PM
Pure G1G4 and G1B4?
by Weiyan
05/25/15 08:36 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,419 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,337 Topics
2,410,518 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission