Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts What did you play tonight? by Johan B @ Yesterday at 05:10 PM

Hi there, Perhaps nice to know and inspiring. What did ABF-members play tonight? I played this evening; Piano Some intro to make my fingers smooth Nocturne nr 13,John Field Sonate Pathetique part 2 & 3, Beethoven Organ Offertorio C-dur, Domin
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mixer for live-use by Oasismfg @ Yesterday at 05:07 PM

A hum usually means a ground loop exists in the system, and by using a DI box you're effectively isolating the ground from one part of your system (your keyboard) to the rest of your system. That means your are addressing the symptom instead of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading books or resources for a beginner? by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo Robles Thanks for all these recommendations earlofmar! Also thanks to fizikisto who gave a bit more insight on sightreadingfactory.com This site looks amazing! Looks like it may be cheaper and more dynamic than gett
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for Blue Felt by Herr Weiss @ Yesterday at 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Roger LThanks to all who pointed me in the right direction on this. I contacted Jurgen at pianoforte.com. He had exactly what I need and very reasonable priced as well. PianoForte dot com is for sale for $72.500.00!!! www.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Peyton @ Yesterday at 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: ShiroKuroAtaru074: Quote:jigsaw puzzle performance This why I think it's important to be specific about what kinds of recording, and editing, are being discussed. I don't like the idea of a "jigsaw puzzle performance"
Jump to new posts Novice in love with Kawai and seeking advice! by Ellisande @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

Hi all, I'm very pleased to join what looks like a great community (thanks Pierre for telling me about this forum!). I've been playing the guitar for some years but not very regularly. I recently had to stop playing guitar but found that something
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuning career prospects 2014 by Emmery @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

One negative thing as far as future which has not been mentioned is that many well established piano technicians don't simply quit at age 65 and pack it in. Instead they "wind it down" slowely and maintain a steady income based on their ab
Jump to new posts Re: Mixer for live-use by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenYou'll get similar function from the Behringer "small-format" mixers The problem with the little Behringer mixers is they use a proprietary power supply. If it ever gets lost or damaged, a replacement mig
Jump to new posts Re: Screw stringer parts needed by Emmery @ Yesterday at 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: chernobieffWhen those spare parts run out someday, there is still the option of having a machine shop make the part. I tend to underestimate what a good machine shop can do these days myself. I had a Broadwood that had a unique
Jump to new posts Re: issues with my new VPC 1 by Banshee @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

Concerning the F-30 pedal, I own the original Fatar labeled version, the VFP3-10 D, which is exactly the same product but with another label on it and I can confirm exactly the same noise and behaviour as in the video posted. The right pedal feels t
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: chasingrainbowsThat's the way the technician demonstrated. what other way is there pianoloverus? I and my tech think that one has to listen for the "useful" portion of the sustain. In other words, if the volume drops o
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano K4 EX, tell me more... by leafhound @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

I tend to stay away from anything with sliders on.
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for Blue Felt by Roger L @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

Thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction on this. I contacted Jurgen at pianoforte.com. He had exactly what I need and very reasonable priced as well.
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

That's the way the technician demonstrated. what other way is there pianoloverus?
Jump to new posts Re: Mixer for live-use by Auver @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

I just ordered Yamaha MW8. I got more and more lost as I looked at more and more models, so I just took a leap of faith in the MW8 (and my teacher, hehe) despite being very little info about it online. Thanks guys.
Jump to new posts Re: issues with my new VPC 1 by Starboard @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisPedals - all the pedals - on well-regulated acoustics respond and return to their original positions almost instantly. Advanced pianists often use 'flutter-pedalling' to 'warm up' the sound in rapid passagework (includi
Jump to new posts Re: midi files for QRS Pianomation by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Handweaver This is all pretty confusing in light of your being able to play MP3's in a previous software version. The ability to play both MIDI and MP3 files rather than being locked into QRS's library was a major factor in thi
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: chasingrainbowsThank you William. He showed me how to time the decay of a note. After playing a few, each had a decay time of at least 15 seconds or more. I will do the pluck test you describe. I appreciate your help. Sounds
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 03:59 PM

Return the piano and get your money back. The whole thing sounds like a disaster to me. Don't let them pressure you into saying everything is better after some attempts are made to fix things. Even if there is some improvement. IMO the sustain in th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grigory Sokolov releases album by Serge Marinkovic @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

He is the greatest pianist alive since Richter passed away in 1998. He is simply the most of everything you could ask for. I will make a pilgrimage to Amsterdam next year to hear him play.
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: KorbenDallasI found this video on Youtube, it's about rebuilding a Steinway. In the beginning Robert talks about the soundboard, then goes on to address the other components as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3wwW4c0nSo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by BruceD @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

I just gave away a prime seat for Wagner's "Das Rheingold" not because I don't like Wagner but because our local company (whose production got a very good review) is doing it as Wagner intended it: three hours with no intermission. At the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 03:51 PM

Message placed in wrong field. Withdrawn.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXUnless things change, the piece I will be submitting will be 2 levels down from where I currently am, simply because the "record" button is on. Everyone has the same problem. I could play a RCM Level 4 pie
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Sounding Strings at Break by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: lamhfhadaHi there sorry for the late reply I was away from the piano for a few days. I have tried plucking the strings and they still sound dead compared to the other strings in the bass section. So Im guessing my problem is in
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is A443 banned definitively?
by Olek
35 minutes 54 seconds ago
Ritmuller Grand Pianos - Help!
by Mike RSA
40 minutes 42 seconds ago
J.D.Grandt Bass Strings Opinions Please
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:48 PM
Which Electronic Sounds & Feels Most Like Real?
by MinstrelandMuse
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
fun music theory
by David Farley
Yesterday at 07:56 PM
Who's Online
67 registered (angga888, Anne H, beet31425, bjorn of brekkukot, Beemer, 13 invisible), 1117 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76633 Members
42 Forums
158462 Topics
2327024 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission