Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha FC3 Pedal Squeak by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

If you just want a heavy, inexpensive "on/off" pedal, M-Audio makes a good one. It's around $20. Otherwise, make sure that what you buy is compatible with the P105's "half-pedalling" feature (if it has one). . Charles
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by A443 @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Gadzar From Wikipedia: Perfect intervals are so-called because they were traditionally considered perfectly consonant, although in Western classical music the perfect fourth was sometimes regarded as a less than perfect conson
Jump to new posts Re: Synthogy Ivory II Yamaha C7 Studio Grand 5 bad sound by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

Is there a defect in the recording? Or are you actually getting frequent dropouts?
Jump to new posts Re: USB hub recommendations? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 06:52 PM

It depends upon your use case. For keyboard/mouse/printer, any hub will do. For USB drives, no. If the hub is meant simply as port expansion on a PC, the cheap hub can be the expansion for sundry items, leaving "good" ports on the PC for d
Adult Beginners Forum
I want to branch out too karamanathan. I'm going to at least finish book one before I really focus on anything else. I think the basics of piano, reading both staves, understanding chords, keys, timing, dynamics... These things are essential and it d
Jump to new posts Re: Levitan C lever results w/Verituner/Koval, and the I436 Mic by Grandpianoman @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

Here is a picture of how I use the i436 for most of the piano...no need to raise the lid.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Senior Recital: Schumann Arabeske Op.18 by Louis Podesta @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Thank you for your kind and "respectful" words. In that you mention "singing melody," it is not the same type you would want for Chopin or Brahms. Each of the famous composers of the Romantic Period had their own distinct voice.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Who doesn't like classical music? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Well, I can sort of relate. Most of the older classical styles isn't my thing either. I wouldn't use the word hate, but I view some of it as "exercises on a musical instrument." However, there are several TV shows or movies that have m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: casinitaly! Many happy returns of the day! by peterws @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

Cheryl, you have 25 minutes left to enjoy . . . you do have British Summer time in Italy?
Jump to new posts Re: Digital keyboard actions and price range question. by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Indra123It might be best until I can save up a solid 3-4 grand and get something that feels exactly like a grand and will last me till I get a top-end piano. At what price range do digital keyboard actions start to feel complet
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet Music Retainers by briansaddleback @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: MargaretUKHey that's a good idea Brian - I'll try that - thanks so much! Make sure you get the ones that are broad, they sometimes come in yellow. I think you can get these at Target. They are broad enough to clip onto the mid
A DOA is very poorly self centered, in fact it only have an envy, to settle, if not "pushed" originally in a determined direction I think it can adopt any kind of stable posture. Probably not very long lasting because so much energy is use
Originally Posted By: SMHaleyI think there is a fine line however between a unison with a hint of color or energy, and one that is just a little sloppy. And that slight color better not widen to a slowly beating unison after a bit of Prokofiev. It
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet Music Retainers by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 06:28 PM

Clothespins work well too (the clippy kind). Also, some pianos have a piece of suede or microfiber glued to the part where the music sits on top of which prevents it from sliding everywhere. Maybe look into applying some sort of adhesive there with t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polish rebuilding at SAP by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: DelOriginally Posted By: bkw58Have you ever found that when, say, a 70 year old S&S grand is rebuilt and the old whippens are retained - they all 'look and feel good' - that, due to a renewed interest and pleasure in playing
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by Olek @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

I just relate what 2 colleagues told me , their experience with the wood species they work with, Too much sharpening, the tools wear too fast in the end. Both builders, Forte copies , harpsichords. not occasional use. Nobody said they did not cut w
Unisons should never beat, nor should they ever move/detune with any amount of banging on by a pianist--no matter the unison style. However, consider this: a DOA unison (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) that slips to (0.0, 0.0, -0.2)--for whatever reason--is far more
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polish rebuilding at SAP by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTYes Bob, I know what you are saying but putting in a new set of whippens in an already well rebuilt action is not that big a deal timewise. Two days downtime if scheduled right. Of course the cost is not minor as
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyI think there is a fine line however between a unison with a hint of color or energy, and one that is just a little sloppy. And that slight color better not widen to a slowly beating unison after a bit of Prokofiev. And
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: CarlosCCOriginally Posted By: chopinoholicI'm thinking to joining this recital. I will not give away any spoilers only that it will not be Chopin I just hope you guys will appreciate it. The struggle with the red dot can
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by Grandman @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: DelOriginally Posted By: tdv<Better than either of these will be the Walter 175> LOL. Of course, you are not prejudiced are you Del?! Kidding aside I drove to the Walter factory a year or so ago just to play the 175. Th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: CarlosCCOriginally Posted By: chopinoholicI'm thinking to joining this recital. I will not give away any spoilers only that it will not be Chopin I just hope you guys will appreciate it. The struggle with the red dot can
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by A443 @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

I Baldwin pin blocks and bridge pin angles. I don't know the whole history of what changes were made when, but fine tuning on those pianos tests my maximum limits of civility; S&S is not much better, but in this case [pun: insert laugh here],
Originally Posted By: Ed FooteOriginally Posted By: prout I find, in my analysis, that three strings tuned DOA ( at least using my measurement technique, within 0.01Hz on A4 ) that the final measured result of all three strings together is about 0.5H
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 06:03 PM

I think there is a fine line however between a unison with a hint of color or energy, and one that is just a little sloppy. And that slight color better not widen to a slowly beating unison after a bit of Prokofiev.
Page 7 of 18 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
61 registered (Allard, barbaram, AndrewJCW, 20 invisible), 1226 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75581 Members
42 Forums
156278 Topics
2295073 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help with dynamics
by noobpianist90
07/30/14 03:53 AM
Using Kawai MP6 faders/knobs with virtual instruments?
by chicolom
07/30/14 02:35 AM
Coming up with new compositional methods.
by gsmonks
07/30/14 01:58 AM
Impromptu in A
by Ritzycat
07/30/14 12:42 AM
what do you think piano teachers about it?
by Maximillyan
07/30/14 12:15 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission