Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CLP 585 - CS 10 - LX 15e by PianoZac @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Welcome to the forums! I have a friend who is in a similar position and was considering all of the pianos above. He chose to go with the Yamaha NU1 instead as the hybrid approach made the most sense for him for the combination of real action, the new
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
The straps are a last resort method of returning the hammers. They are not necessary for playing, but if the springs are not working right, they can compensate. Your technician may not have replaced them if you did not want to pay for them. Chances a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to make high-quality keyboard videos? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas MihailaOriginally Posted By: pwlUnfortunately "This video is private." . . . As I mentioned earlier, though, the camcorder is very insensitive to volume changes. Uh-oh! Find out if "automatic gain
Adult Beginners Forum
Alex, Your "Nadia's theme" really sounds great! How do you get the strings track? You should post it to the Piano Bar thread. "There's no Business like Show Business" is coming along, I'm just trying to bring it up to speed now.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by JimF @ Yesterday at 05:57 PM

Catching up on the ones that got zapped the other day. Sorry to be so slow everyone. I seem to be extremely computer-challenged in recent days. 15. dynamobt/Marilyn - Prelude in d minor No 6 WTC Book I Some people sound as though they were born to
Jump to new posts Re: Mass Production Keytop Replacement? by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Gene NelsonJust hang on and we will get a 28,000 page regulation that makes things clear. The way I see it is that when you tell the authorities that your piano has ivory key tops you will be incriminating yourself - something w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it always Steinway in concert hall by Show Pan Boogie @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisIn the last Chopin Competition, only four out of the ten finalists chose to play on Steinway - yet no other prestige German/Austrian brand made their concert grands available to them (read my previous post about this). W
Jump to new posts Re: Is this normal?: Technician left many bridle straps ripped by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

Yes, it does indicate that expensive work is likely. Bridle straps are important for helping the hammers to return back to rest position. If the hammer butt springs or loops are gone as well, then most likely the hammers will not return when you rel
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Too ashamed of lack of progress to go back for lessons by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Saranoya! Everyone, every every everyone, has trouble progressing as much as they'd like during a break in lessons. I can tell you as a teacher that when students have more than 2 weeks between lessons, the one who even gets to the piano and practic
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scientific Study on Pianist's Brain Structures by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: wrhttp://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2295453/The_Brains_of_Pianists.html Surprisingly, it quickly degenerated, not into a discussion over genes! but wh
Pianist Corner
Nice playing for a year and a half, kobethuy! congratulations Why do you have earphones in while you play?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: iLawSatin ebony grands now have glossy polyester fallboards (the better to ward off fingernail digs, I'm told). But I don't know exactly when the change took place (within the last few years I'm pretty sure). I wish I could
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by JimF @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Starr Keysbut then I of course would have also had to sing it, which would have surely made it much worse. Nah, I've heard your lovely voice, so I'm not buying it. However, If you want to hear really bad, just ask me to sing i
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: wrhttp://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2295453/The_Brains_of_Pianists.html Surprisingly, it quickly degenerated, not into a discussion over genes! but whether it is possible to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach pieces by wr @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Roland The BeagleIf you choose to play Bach without the pedal, different fingerings and techniques will be required for maintaining legato. Speaking of legato - one of the most useful things I have learned by playing Bach witho
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Atrys Smoke weed. Propranolol is safer, and there's no danger of me developing a psychiatric disorder from cannabis use (or ending up in prison....). Apart from whi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert 4-hands by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 05:35 PM

The Rondo in A major, D.951, is at the same level of incredible late-Schubert beauty as the Fantasie, while being both shorter and easier. Check it out. -J
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert 4-hands by bennevis @ Yesterday at 05:33 PM

Marche militaire No.1 (D733, Op.51) is very attractive, and everyone knows (or think they know) the tune. Or play all three marches.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues by Michael Martinez @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

HARMONY wise: It's about reharmonizing the chord progression. You're the first step there by extending the chords, but that's only part of it. You need to know when to alter tones and when not to. Also you will need to rehamonize some of the chord pa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new Grand Piano; SoCal Area by Norbert @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

Tried the 5'6 grand? It's an equal beauty - and cheaper... Norbert
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Drinking and drug addiction is rife in the classical... by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Atrys Smoke weed. Propranolol is safer, and there's no danger of me developing a psychiatric disorder from cannabis use (or ending up in prison....). Apart from which, cannabis might be sooooo calm
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Too ashamed of lack of progress to go back for lessons by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 05:29 PM

Quote: I feel that I am not just profoundly unexceptional, but flat-out disappointing. You have been fighting to be treated as normal (probably all of your life) and now you have won there is no shame in being normal. Give yourself permission to be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First In-House Tuning by Rickster @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

I'd say an hour and half to two hours on average. I heard a piano tuner bragging once how they could tune a piano in 45 minutes; however, I'm a little skeptical of how good that 45 minute tuning sounded (unless the piano just needed a few unisons cle
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Atrys Smoke weed. Propranolol is safer, and there's no danger of me developing a psychiatric disorder from cannabis use (or ending up in prison....). Apart from which, cannabis might be sooooo calming that I'd play the Mephisto
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FLAT-STRUNG PIANOS by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 05:24 PM

@A443 Maybe with youtube there is an issue on the download end? Or maybe everyone doesn't upload 192 kbps audio?
Page 7 of 18 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
98 registered (angga888, Anticlock, 25 invisible), 1189 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75890 Members
42 Forums
156826 Topics
2304337 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
Today at 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Molotov Cocktail Piano
by Robert W. Weber
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
20 inch tablet for sheet music?
by Sand Tiger
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission