Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
100 registered (angga888, Anita Potter, bennevis, accordeur, Anne'sson, 29 invisible), 1469 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Weber piano sonatas: a "hidden" treasure by joe80 @ Today at 01:01 PM

Totally, for starters Bach's children.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Humming noise with MIDI-IN and LINE-IN by Beemer @ Today at 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Frédéric LWith my Yamaha CLP-150, I have tried to plug my PC with MIDI and audio-in, and found an important humming noise (as I have found with USB and audio). I could get rid of this noise unplugging the MIDI-IN (this one is n
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Technique for holding down chords by Derulux @ Today at 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: DeadPoetsOriginally Posted By: DeruluxOriginally Posted By: DeadPoetsOriginally Posted By: DeruluxOriginally Posted By: DeadPoetsI'm playing a Dm7 chord and she's trying to get me to feel the "necessary/good" tension i
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 Rumours? by Beemer @ Today at 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: MRCYamaha, Roland and Kawai will present digital pianos with music rests high enough to support normal-sized sheet music. Ditto. With solid back and high enough that an LED light can be clipped on above the pages, holds 3 pa
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult beginner, what next? by Stubbie @ Today at 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneUpdate: ..........................She told me at her most recent lesson that she would like to go into Adult Piano Adventures book 2 when she's finished with book 1, so that is the direction we will take. I think she's
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov Sonatas - 1 vs 2? by Pogorelich. @ Today at 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: LJCTh first is a heck of a lot easier. You sure about that? After performing both, I don't think they're that apart for difficulty. And the sheer length of the first is something worth mentioning. Not just for stamina, but for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reasons behind notes as letters rather than numbers? by patty5sewing @ Today at 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: acollinsIf you're going to devise a new notation system using only numbers, why not assign each piano key a number from 1 to 88 and start from there? What could be more straightforward than that? I'm thinking, however, that the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording equipment advice by Hakki @ Today at 12:45 PM

What kind of music are you going to record? The microphone you choose might depend on that.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Freelance collaborative pianist - money issues by Pogorelich. @ Today at 12:44 PM

No pay, no play. You think a lawyer would happily continue doing work with a 2 month payment delay? Or how about a sales clerk - wouldn't you quit if they consistently refused to pay you on time? Get your earned money!
Pianist Corner
It is like studying the music that came between Bach and Haydn.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really possible to ignore fingerings? by rocket88 @ Today at 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: rocket88 At the very least, it would be wonderful if, at least with Urtext type works that the purchaser would have the option of a version sans fingerings. I know that with (many, most, all?) of Baren
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 Rumours? by MRC @ Today at 12:37 PM

Yamaha, Roland and Kawai will present digital pianos with music rests high enough to support normal-sized sheet music.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whip those springs into shape by jim ialeggio @ Today at 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Dale Fox I will admit that I am hardly ever satisfied with checking on any piano at PPP, Ahha!!! Me too. This is really bugging the bejutz outta me!! There are two points to consider here: 1- intermittent checking at ppp wh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing at Senior Centers by Teabelle @ Today at 12:34 PM

Update! I played at the nursing home, everything went well. The people there were very sweet and clapped even when I messed up (Which happened more often than I would have liked :P ) Afterwards, I talked with the residents and thoroughly enjoyed mys
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording equipment advice by Markarian @ Today at 12:33 PM

I use a Tascam DR-44WL portable recorder or a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 and a pair of MXL V67N pencil mics with cardioid capsules, but I am thinking of upgrading soon. I recorded this on exactly $600 of equipment The Spark [Draft] The only catch wa
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts HAS ANYONE EVER PLAYED THIS? by LuisFelix @ Today at 12:29 PM

Hello, I recently joined this forum in search of help. I recently obtained music sheets for, Carol of the Bells arrangement by Ricardo Boppré, wanting something for the holiday but man was this piece a bit harder than what I expected. I'm no expert o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Decent Baby Grand for about $2000-$3000 by Stubbie @ Today at 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: amateur101Dear PianoWorld-mates! Thank you so much for your valuable inputs! I'm new to this site and not at all forum-savvy, I had trouble navigating and was upset for not getting any replies, and then - boom, I hit the right b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Weber piano sonatas: a "hidden" treasure by joe80 @ Today at 12:28 PM

Composers like Weber, Clementi, Hummel, Dussek, really open our eyes to what was actually going on in that time frame. Our education system, for simplicity gives us, i don't know: Mozart/Haydn - Classical Beethoven - Classical - Romantic Schubert -
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by Hakki @ Today at 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_CLove it. That first piece I played (if it should be called "playing," and I don't mean as opposed to working) ....the piece I'm only just working on, was Chopin's Waltz in Ab, Op. 42. After that, I played a bu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping cats away from piano? by Markarian @ Today at 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: DeadPoetsOriginally Posted By: MarkarianSeriously, those Ssscat traps work amazingly well and <lifehack>You can use regular canned air instead of their expensive refills</lifehack> What do you mean regular canned a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help for this student.... Notes! by hreichgott @ Today at 12:20 PM

Try using as little verbal explanation as possible. Sometimes you can get into a completely non-verbal rhythm that's almost like a video game (where the task is imitating you, or putting a token on different keys, or getting you to move a colored pos
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Weber piano sonatas: a "hidden" treasure by hreichgott @ Today at 12:13 PM

A great recording can really open our eyes to compositions we hadn't thought much of before, or hadn't been introduced to before.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Technique for holding down chords by hreichgott @ Today at 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: DeadPoetsOriginally Posted By: joe80What Heather said. Excellent advice. I would advise another thing though: Work very patiently with your teacher. Sometimes we get caught up in our piano practice with playing the right note
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Decent Baby Grand for about $2000-$3000 by terminaldegree @ Today at 12:05 PM

Wait - you're thinking of buying a used grand piano, never having played, seen or heard it, long-distance, sight-unseen, from someone you don't know (have you checked the seller's reputation?), without an independent tech inspection prior to purchase
Adult Beginners Forum
If you're going to devise a new notation system using only numbers, why not assign each piano key a number from 1 to 88 and start from there? What could be more straightforward than that? I'm thinking, however, that the end product would turn out to
Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >
What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
LACHNIT MK22
by Vas
44 minutes 6 seconds ago
You Usually Get what you Pay for in this World.......
by Paul678
Today at 08:22 PM
Steinway legs?
by Klavimaniac
Today at 06:58 PM
1875 legs and lyre where to get?
by Klavimaniac
Today at 06:02 PM
"It Don't mean A Thing (If it Ain't...
by prout
Today at 04:43 PM
Forum Stats
77071 Members
42 Forums
159408 Topics
2341647 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission