Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
125 registered (Bachus, 36251, augustm, AndersJ, accordeur, 31 invisible), 1257 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeats? by SiFi @ Today at 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By BDBI heard that Brahms conducted one of his symphonies and was asked why he did not take the repeat. His response was that when the symphony was new, he had to take the repeat, but now that everyone knew it, there was no need. I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why music, when you can improv? by Panolof @ Today at 10:02 AM

Funny enough I had the same feeling the first few times I listened to the improv.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
That's probably my fault, indirectly. Some 9-10 years ago, I mentioned to Roger when Blüthner UK were in Berkeley sq. that an upright with no "soundboard reflection" would be a good thing because an upright for use in a small room that r
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Grammar Nazis and Music by Panolof @ Today at 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By Ken KnappI think a sign of maturity is to be able to resist constantly correcting the spelling and grammar of others.. In reality, it is saying, "See? I'm smarter than you.." I agree, but sometimes - it's better to j
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Have you found 'Your Music'? by Panolof @ Today at 09:53 AM

[/quote] I thought this was a great post and I understood it with no issues whatsoever. It is hurtful that a forum such as this have people with so much criticism. I think the reason I understand every comment on this forum is because of the exten
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by sixfootpianist @ Today at 09:52 AM

Thank you for replying. I've already got the USB Driver setting set to "original" (forgot to mention that in my original post). It's interesting that you have to subtract 1 from your PC number. Changing the PC number doesn't make any diffe
Member Recordings
Hello Undertale and TryHardNinja enthusiasts! Bringing you a piano cover on Tryhardninja's new song for undertale called "Judgement". It has an awesome intro, and the chorus is very catchy too! Enjoy~ Piano Cover https://youtu.be/XrC_pUJQQi
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
If you're looking for Kitten on the Keys (Zez Confrey), it is included in Hal Leonard's "Jazz, Blues, Boogie & Swing for the Piano."
Jump to new posts Re: SennHeiser HD800 on sale for $999 by toddy @ Today at 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By oldmancoyote [where sound quality is concerned] bear in mind that if it gets "taken away" anywhere between the source and the headphone jack, no amount of high end headphone (or whatever else) is going to put it back: a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Have you found 'Your Music'? by Panolof @ Today at 09:45 AM

That's excellent to hear 😉 We develop tastes ... Most average people never do. Music is a universl language, so tonal, atonal, dissonance ... It's all music which we reflect on differently. Keep loving music - especially those late Chopin works -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by Greener @ Today at 09:43 AM

A few more small comments of appreciation from me today. Appreciation of course is global but I'll not complete commenting on every entry of this recital. I think there is and could/should be benefit and something to be said and rewarded for being ea
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by siros @ Today at 09:37 AM

What is the USB Driver setting? If you go to System menu and scroll down, you will see it. It should be "original" (Roland driver). I use Yamaha Set List app on iPad to send program change to RD-800 over USB cable. To go to Live Set B-01,
Adult Beginners Forum
Where does one recommend picking up the first version of Fundamental Keys, Lulu.com? I couldn't find anything on Amazon. Not sure if I can trust lulu, says 3 to 5 days to print. In the current age of instant gratification, I want stuff an hour ago ;0
Adult Beginners Forum
There are certain songs I really want to learn, for example the main one being "The Heart Asks Pleasure (Michael Nyman)", but they are really difficult, require using both hands and will probably take lots and lots of practice to master/per
Jump to new posts USB Cable influence? by stamkorg @ Today at 09:24 AM

Hello, Do you think or do you know whether a high quality usb cable (used as midi cable between the controller and the pc or between the pc and the audio interface) can improve the quality (latency and/or stability wise) of a pc based system for rea
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeats? by BDB @ Today at 09:19 AM

I heard that Brahms conducted one of his symphonies and was asked why he did not take the repeat. His response was that when the symphony was new, he had to take the repeat, but now that everyone knew it, there was no need.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By 8 Octaves I do have a couple of critiques about the first edition of Fundamental Keys that I brought to my teacher's attention. The difficulty of pieces towards the end seemed to me a bit out of order. In particular, the Beetho
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fair value for 1984 Yamaha G-2 Satin finish? by Rickster @ Today at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By Steve CohenHi Rickster. You don't need facebook to view any part of Piano buyer. Here's a link to the depreciation tables. What's It Worth? These tools may not always be spot on, but they are quite useful in most instances.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Beemer @ Today at 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By JohnkieIan: I think you may not be understanding exactly what free play I refer to. There simply must be free play in order for the dampers to seat on the strings correctly. Are you removing or partly releasing the action to te
Jump to new posts Re: What is the lifespan of a DP? by Ottawa58 @ Today at 08:48 AM

If someone has a 20 year old computer that still works fine, I would be very surprised. It should go to the computer hall of fame. Pong........ I know that lots of folks on here have given examples of older keyboards that still work well. But I won
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Montage by Bachus @ Today at 08:44 AM

Originally Posted By Dave HorneThe 88 key Montage is €4000 here. Same here, the MONTAGE8 is €3999 all over europe..
Piano Forum
Invest $5900 for a 5% yearly return and you have $25500 after 30 years... forget the buying price, it's the inflation and lack of interest/dividend income that hurts “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, ear
Jump to new posts Help fixing static noise on Roland FP8 by pete3 @ Today at 08:34 AM

Hi, everyone, thanks for your help in advance. I have a Roland FP8, bought used, with few issues until now. A static kind of noise (like bad radio) develops in the output (both built-in speakers or through headphones from the jack) just after a minu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fair value for 1984 Yamaha G-2 Satin finish? by Steve Cohen @ Today at 08:33 AM

Hi Rickster. You don't need facebook to view any part of Piano buyer. Here's a link to the depreciation tables. What's It Worth? These tools may not always be spot on, but they are quite useful in most instances.
Jump to new posts Re: What is the lifespan of a DP? by JoeT @ Today at 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacLosing data is not a failure??? A failure is when a part loses data while operating inside its design specs. When a flash memory circuit loses its data after 10+ years, it's working as specified. That's the price you
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bechstein in Jerusalem
by David-G
05/28/16 01:55 PM
Questions About Replacing Piano
by newbert
05/28/16 01:49 PM
Moving to ABRSM syllabus from Piano Adventures?
by TrevorM
05/28/16 10:28 AM
Overlapping arpeggios in Chopin's etude in A flat Op 25 No 1
by AndersJ
05/28/16 10:16 AM
I really want to learn the piano..where on earth do I start?
by Cozzie
05/28/16 09:32 AM
Forum Stats
83,794 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,991 Topics
2,528,664 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission