Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Intel NUC / Gigabyte Brix for Kontakt Libraries ?? by propianist @ Today at 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOne option to consider with a device like the NUC is to leave the mouse, keyboard, and monitor disconnected, and control the Windows PC wirelessly via a VNC app running on a smartphone or tablet. Kind regards, James x
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Wonderful!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rondo a la Jazzed up Turca by pianoloverus @ Today at 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By supersportThat shows not available at present due to copyright issues. This seems to be the same as far as I remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jmpXFXsJdA The info on this link indicates that this is, in fact, a combin
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning advice please by prout @ Today at 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By DoelKeesOriginally Posted By proutOriginally Posted By The Cincinnati KidYeah...on the E = F to clear up. A perfectly tuned guitar E string = F key on the piano. Therefore the E on the piano needs to be tuned up to be correctly p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Market value of Santos Rosewood Steinway Model A by pianoloverus @ Today at 07:41 AM

As a starting point, you could use the depreciation schedule in the Piano Buyer(see free link in left column)for a 10-year-old piano. Start with the current selling price for a new Steinway A in rosewood and multiply by the factor in the depreciation
I sacrificed space for cost and performance.... I've put a Dell T20 under the table where the keyboard is not sure if same elsewhere - but in the UK you can pick up a Dell T20 - with a Xeon quad core (Haswell) X1225-V3 - with 4GB RAM and 1TB 7200 r
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Daneel Olivaw When I started with book #2 my aim was reaching the chromatic scale part by the end of the year but it's clear I won't make it. You and me both brother! lol
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Musical Personality by hyena @ Today at 06:44 AM

Some anime I've watched (Nodame Cantabile for example). Always include some kind of concept in their story, that if you feel a certain way, you probably play different pieces better. For example, if you might feel depressed, some works of Beethoven c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Right index knuckle issue by Qazsedcft @ Today at 06:43 AM

Maybe the teachers here can advise but have you tried simply letting your hand fall? Don't try to press down. Just let it fall and hold the key down with your index. You don't need to put any strength into it. You're also doing the tiger grip thing w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Innate Talent / Hard Work by JimF @ Today at 06:29 AM

Adam107, Quote: So just to recap, I was just trying to figure out can I keep progressing for a while without completely banging my head against a wall, and I feel like the answer is yes I can. Which means I can buy one of the pianos I'm discussing i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Innate Talent / Hard Work by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 06:23 AM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By RaggedKeyPresser[The purpose of nails is exactly that...To hold pieces of wood tightly together. In furniture making it may be a temporary task of the nail. But in framing a house in construction e.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: chord progression and patterns lessons by Sam S @ Today at 06:11 AM

Look for a textbook for a college level "keyboard skills" class. I'm using Alfred Publishings "Group Piano for Adults" by Lancaster and Renfrow. Comes in two volumes. It teaches all these things and more. Sam
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By JohnSprung Um, you're playing 1-3 octaves? Hardly anybody can do that. Octaves are usually done 1-5, thumb to pinky. Why is that? Normal hand can. Another thing is that the 1 - 3 is used together
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny Excercise by zrtf90 @ Today at 06:02 AM

I'd be cautious about doing exams without a teacher. You need to know the curriculum and the requirements, i.e. what will pass and what will fail, as well as know when you're ready. If you consider Alfred's as sight-reading material then it's not wo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mordent Question by zrtf90 @ Today at 05:57 AM

I play the ornament as a turn, DCBC, using a triplet and putting the principal note on the third semiq. I use 'threepenny bit' but you can try 'Strawberry jam' and put the accent on STRAW not on jam. That'll help tie it to the beat.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Right index knuckle issue by peterws @ Today at 05:56 AM

A trip to the quack is in order here. There`s a tendon pr joint problem which needs sorting. Might be slipping out of position when force is applied. I had something similar when I got something called trigger finger. It has everything to do wi
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Buckster @ Today at 05:55 AM

has anyone directly compared the FP-30 and Casio (PX-5S but I think the Casios are all practically the same) keybeds please ? I'm thinking more from a noise point of view - I've read completely different views on which is the noisier keybed - and my
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by Buckster @ Today at 05:50 AM

not sure that video shows it off in a great light (not the best of recordings for one) I'm waiting to try a FP-90 in store, but from the videos I've listened to on youtube - I personally seem to prefer the FP-30 piano sound than the FP-90, the FP-30
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Right index knuckle issue by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 05:20 AM

Why do you lower your whole right hand and arm, as an afterthought each time? You don't do it with your left hand...look at the video. Initially, it looks almost right anyway. Try playing shorter notes and add something else with other fingers, to b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Right index knuckle issue by pabletek @ Today at 05:11 AM

hi everybody, ok I'll try to explain something that is happening to my right hand, and I'll try to do it as good as I can as English is not my mother language and the whole issue is somewhat complicated to explain. I've been learning to play the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuse Bhagavad Gita ..." Work without regard for the fruit of your labors" That means to work for the sheer joy of the process. Not for wealth or acclaim or rewards. For the act itself. Yes an excellent po
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self taught 13yo needs advice by bennevis @ Today at 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By NomiddlenameSo I've been playing the piano for 6 years and considering that I was mostly self taught (apart from my piano tutor who just assigns me homework) If you have a 'piano tutor' who is (presumably) a living human being
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mordent Question by Qazsedcft @ Today at 04:43 AM

Right. But in that footnote it's the last note of the mordent that has the accent mark so I was wondering which note should fall on the beat. The first one or the last one?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: chord progression and patterns lessons by johan d @ Today at 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By Groove OnPattern Play for Improvisation Chord Play for Arranging Whats the difference between Improvisation and Arranging in this context? I have ordered the Chord Play 1&2 books as the (old) Pattern Play books are not to be
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Mark, I'll seek it out today. Ian
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Our Latest Free Newsletter!
-------------------
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Your Video Christmas Card from TromboneAl
by TromboneAl
12/02/16 04:54 PM
Digital Piano for Never Ever Adult
by vintagevt
12/02/16 04:53 PM
Looking for some info on my Piano
by Corey617
12/02/16 02:06 PM
Thumb whilst playing - Straight or Bent?
by dbach
12/02/16 11:50 AM
Just want to say thanks ...
by pianopi
12/02/16 11:46 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,749 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,756 Topics
2,575,813 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission