Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by Gadzar @ Today at 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark R.Tune a unison nice and clean. Measure its pitch today. 440.2 Hz. Test/measure the same unison three days later. Still clean, but at 439.9 Hz. I'm not talking about measuring pitches of single strings vs. pitch of the wh
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by Brendan @ Today at 11:28 AM

Link some decent omni mics!
Jump to new posts Re: Just Checked out a Richmond Studio upright by SMHaley @ Today at 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: ChickGrand... Yeah. What Chick said. Thank you Chick. Chick, you don't have to look far in to Paul's postings to realize what the trajectory of [his] intents are, and based on the comments of the piano with a bass bridge iss
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by A443 @ Today at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerHmm. I am not talking about muted vs unmuted. I am talking about TuneLab saying that the same string (which has its two neighbors muted) having moved from when I first tuned it and until I am finished tuning every
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's Norbert? by turandot @ Today at 11:19 AM

One sunny afternoon in a narrow courtyard of a small village, a well-known known gossip called out to one of her neighbors who was hanging damp laundry on her balcony: “Have you seen Norma Luciana? I'm worried about her.” The neighbor put down the
Piano Forum
Very interesting... I have a different approach altogether: I focus on balancing the voicing first (i.e., which requires much lighter hammers than is standard today), then figuring out what kind of action geometry adjustments need to happen to put b
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: MorodieneI think the key with arpeggios and scales, too, is that at first, don't try to do them quickly. Just do them well at whatever tempo that is for you. Accuracy and complete confidence in where each note sits is of greater
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Halo - Main Theme by dannn @ Today at 11:05 AM

link doesnt work,sorry
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN24 vs Kawai CA65 Vs Acoustic by bnolsen @ Today at 11:02 AM

Considering there's no exposed wood it's more a marketing thing than one that affects playing. Modern acoustics even plastic coat their wood keys. Wood does make sense for a long key since it's fairly strong for its weight and cost.
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Offspring - Gone Away piano cover by dannn @ Today at 11:02 AM

I am lifting the sustain pedal at every chord change.Is there something else i should be doing with the sustain pedal? This is the most common method of using the pedal..... Can you give any constructive criticism. How come no one ever even vi
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By: Mark R.Tune a unison nice and clean. Measure its pitch today. 440.2 Hz. Test/measure the same unison three days later. Still clean, but at 439.9 Hz. I'm not talking about measuring pitch
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTHi Mark, That is the Weinreich effect. All three strings drift from their original pitch. Example: String 1: 440 Hz String 2: 440.02 Hz String 3: 439.97 Hz String 1/2/3 together: 439.9 Hz Strings measured
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: CarbonblobThey was using up all kinds of piano measuring' equipment that they had hanging around the piano workshop. They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and they took twenty seven eight-by-ten
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff 2 and broken strings by Markarian @ Today at 10:58 AM

I, too, am really interested to know this. The Rach 2 is one of my all-time favorites and, while I am not an accomplished enough pianist to play it end-to-end, there are certain passages I really like that I frequently approximate that consist of tho
Jump to new posts Re: Ivories: To save or not to save by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul678About how long does it take to replace all the ivories on an upright piano? I do have an industrial heat gun, but not sure I have enough clamps.... I remove ivories with a heat gun and utility knife. Careful the kni
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: bkw58I thought Weinreich effect to be a tuning phenomenon, not a result of post-tuning drift. Yes? No? Yes, as far as I understand it, these are two different effects. Weinreich is immediate.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark R.Tune a unison nice and clean. Measure its pitch today. 440.2 Hz. Test/measure the same unison three days later. Still clean, but at 439.9 Hz. I'm not talking about measuring pitches of single strings vs. pitch of the wh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light Hammers- Computer Analysis of 4 Grand Piano Actions by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:40 AM

That is what I do Jim.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff 2 and broken strings by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:39 AM

One factor in treble breakage is that when one is installing strings it is very easy to inadvertently apply too much tension on the treble strings. So they can get damaged in the installation process by being over stretched. The damage doesn't manife
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN24 vs Kawai CA65 Vs Acoustic by EPW @ Today at 10:27 AM

The wooden keys on the Kawai CA65/Ca95 is a different breed then on the CN series. It is not just the plastic vs wood. The CA series has the long pivot point, more like a real grand piano. The CN series is not bad, but I would suggest you try the CA
Jump to new posts Re: Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles. by Olek @ Today at 10:23 AM

Back cloth does nothing to convergence, and balance height almost nothing. Lining both hack to knuckle and key to whippen imply modification of stack installation, orientation, and eventually the distance between centers in the vertical plane,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by Ataru074 @ Today at 10:21 AM

you might want to try exercises 1a and 1b from here: http://javanese.imslp.info/files/imglnks..._WoO_6_scan.pdf It did help me to get it done.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trinity ATCL exam questions by slava_richter @ Today at 10:18 AM

Thanks a lot for our input, Bruce! I think that either of those programs can work, I just have to figure out the timing. At the very least, this gives me an idea of how to structure the program so that it is balanced and reasonably diverse.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by Gadzar @ Today at 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: bkw58I thought Weinreich effect to be a tuning phenomenon, not a result of post-tuning drift. Yes? No? You're right! The Weinreich effect has nothing to do with tuning stability. As Mark R. said, in the Weinreich effect the p
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: joe80 There's only so much weight that's useful though and it's the speed at which one can move the key downwards that has most effect on tone. I agree but don't want to discount the advantage that weight gives to forte
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
UVi Grand Piano, cant get the MIDI Files help?
by JungleJim
31 minutes 53 seconds ago
Sheet Music for "The Villain"
by johnbarnesiii
48 minutes 43 seconds ago
measuring humidity for piano?
by pianomise
Today at 05:39 PM
52" Samick
by PaulBuck
Today at 04:56 PM
Piano Tuner Recommendation
by DancerJ
Today at 03:58 PM
Who's Online
125 registered (36251, alfredo capurso, AEMontoya, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1546 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76290 Members
42 Forums
157696 Topics
2316311 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission