Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
99 registered (ando, agraffe, Almaviva, 36251, Alexjr1543, 24 invisible), 2176 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to automatically sharp or flat in the key by TomInCinci @ Today at 02:56 PM

What a great thread, or at least for me. I've played guitar since dirt was invented. Key changes can mean just moving the same pattern up or down the neck. From day one I've been saying that I will never be able to learn all the major keys on the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by bennevis @ Today at 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88Why do you think the piano player is in the lead, more than any of the other instruments? That hasn't been my impression at jazz concerts I've been to, unless it's a group specifically formed and named for the pian
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI ES8 BAG - WORTH IT?? by drewr @ Today at 02:54 PM

Nsetiap, in your original post you quoted $330 CAD for the Kawai branded ES8/ES7 bag. This appears to be full retail/msrp. Did your Canadian dealer not offer any discount? When I bought ES7 in Fall 2014, this same bag retailed $300 USD, my US dealer
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting Late Beethoven by hreichgott @ Today at 02:52 PM

I haven't played the late sonatas yet, unless you count Op. 90, but am working on the Diabelli variations and have played the Op. 126 bagatelles for many years. There are a lot of extremes in late Beethoven. Extreme volume, extreme contrasts in regi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 02:48 PM

Why do you think the piano player is in the lead, more than any of the other instruments? That hasn't been my impression at jazz concerts I've been to, unless it's a group specifically formed and named for the pianist.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGX650 by pwl @ Today at 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By CsRif yamaha p115 is comparable with the other models i can't understand why dgx650 is not so often mentioned,because every review i see makes me think that dgx650 is way better than p115(except for a few little features). A reas
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Curtis Boston Upright (M. Steinert & Sons) by Piano Tipping @ Today at 02:44 PM

Just got this delivered. Cleaning it out now. Here are some pics: IMG_7378 by Jamie Whitney, on Flickr IMG_7379 by Jamie Whitney, on Flickr IMG_7380 by Jamie Whitney, on Flickr IMG_7381 by Jamie Whitney, on Flickr IMG_7383 by Jamie Whitney, on Fl
Jump to new posts Re: Problems Recording/Saving Songs On Kawai MP7 by Polkahero @ Today at 02:42 PM

Think I've got it figured out after going through the manual step by step. I was using an old 256 MB thumb drive and it wasn't recording the entire song! Switched to a 64 GB and it's all there now.
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 headphone choice: Sennheiser HD600 vs HD650 by euphoria @ Today at 02:41 PM

great, yes i'm going to use it with pc with some vsts, (mostly ravenscroft by vi labs) i saw that the jotunheim has pre-out xlr outputs, can these be connected to active monitors? thanks
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Beginner! by Qazsedcft @ Today at 02:40 PM

Welcome to ABF, William! You seem like you're off to a good start. I suggest you take a look at the MOYD and 40 Piece Challenge threads for good motivation. The most important thing is not to give up.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to Live to Continue Teaching??? by Peter K. Mose @ Today at 02:36 PM

PM, you are raising significant issues for the self-employed piano teacher. You might poll your students now regarding their thoughts on your future address. You could also purchase a digital piano for teaching purposes, or a pair of them: they coul
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting Late Beethoven by Vid @ Today at 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By RubberFingersOp 111 is absolutely amazing, and frankly not terribly hard to play. Well, at least the last movement isn't except for one of the variations. "Op. 111 is not terribly hard to play."
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Where next in jazz piano/improv? by Simon_b @ Today at 02:27 PM

I concur with jjo, very nicely played. Playing without the left hand at all in the solo section is another option used by some very famous Jazz pianists over years. Cheers
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WTC Favorites by TwelfthRoot2 @ Today at 02:26 PM

Book 2: G#m (fugue) Bbm (fugue) The textures from the Bbm fugue blow me away every time. I usually have to pause and not listen to the major preludes following these fugues because I'm not ready for such a huge emotional change so quickly. TR
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway K45 piano by bonnierose @ Today at 02:25 PM

Boy, thank you all for your helpful input. I really appreciate it. It helped me make up my mind - I am NOT getting the piano. Thanks again. I am now "Steinway" anxiety free.
Piano Forum
My 13 year old, who'd been playing for 6 years (allowed to pick her own music, very encouraging non formulaic teachers) was starting to lose interest, mostly due to struggling to balance a new found middle school homework load and all her other inter
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano or Synth. by Rally @ Today at 02:23 PM

If your looking for something with 76 keys, great piano samples and ability to sound design, take a look at the line of Kurzweil keyboards with V.A.S.T. capability.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WTC Favorites by gooddog @ Today at 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By VidOriginally Posted By gooddogOriginally Posted By VidImpossible for me to pick a favourite. They're all good. Okay, here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McxgBeF9W1s Love that one! If and when I get to the WTC, I will
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts New Beginner! by WilliamMc @ Today at 02:03 PM

New beginner here, and I'm very excited to get started. MY only Piano experience is the old spinet our family inherited from grandma when I was young (Late 70's) I loved to fool around on it, but never got serious as I was a "Guitar guy". N
Originally Posted By PolkaheroI'm trying to record some solo piano material on my Kawai MP7, save them to a USB drive, and then transfer them to my computer for uploading. I've formatted the USB drive and the Kawai appears to be saving the songs to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway K45 piano by SonatainfSharp @ Today at 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By bonnieroseA Steinway has always been a "dream" to me and I am wondering if this just might be an answer to my "prayers". Don't get a Steinway for the sake of having a Steinway. (My in-laws got a garbage 1098 j
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WTC Favorites by Vid @ Today at 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogOriginally Posted By VidImpossible for me to pick a favourite. They're all good. Okay, here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McxgBeF9W1s Love that one! If and when I get to the WTC, I will have to try it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: BruceD hits 20,000 posts! by Vid @ Today at 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogOriginally Posted By gooddogCongratulations Bruce! You have always been a knowledgeable and gracious contributor here at Piano World, (and a valued friend as well.) Yeah, he's usually so quiet, it's hard to believe he has
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WTC Favorites by gooddog @ Today at 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By VidImpossible for me to pick a favourite. They're all good. Okay, here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McxgBeF9W1s Love that one!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway K45 piano by BDB @ Today at 01:47 PM

There is a Steinway K model and a 45 model, but no model K45. That serial number would be from before the earliest of either of those models.
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
An Interesting Buzz
by rysowers
01/16/17 09:10 PM
Anyone looking for an Arranger Keyboard - PSR7000
by Doug M.
01/16/17 06:38 PM
Baldwin digital piano DG100A keyboard repair
by ChasD
01/16/17 06:05 PM
Pictures of DU1A
by ivorytickler76
01/16/17 05:59 PM
New AB: my story... need advices from experts!
by ARpiano
01/16/17 05:30 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,259 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,798 Topics
2,589,063 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission