Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum by Rickster @ Today at 10:10 AM

Well, if an older piano has a name on the fallboard, or plate, and a serial number, most likely an approximate age can be determined; as far as its worth, itís worth what a buyer is willing to pay (perhaps to the dismay of the seller). I donít know
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: prout Wow. to me, that piano sounds like ****, but it is most likely do to the mics used and their placement. Nevertheless, the sound is brittle, completely unmusical. Could be Chick's playing as well. great I am not alone (
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by BrianDX @ Today at 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr Super-HunkyBut to be perfectly clear what the original intentions of the ABF recitals were'....Well, just what I said. To emulate a 'real', actual live recital. We originally all agreed that our online recital would come wi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forster vs August Forster by turandot @ Today at 10:03 AM

They are completely different pianos made by different companies. A legal dispute over who actually owned the name resulted in Petrof getting the legal right to sell pianos under the name in certain countries and descendants of the original German fa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by ShiroKuro @ Today at 10:03 AM

Wimpiano, thanks for responding to my comment. I look forward to reading what you've written up.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Uneven piano keys by Steve Peterson @ Today at 10:01 AM

Shah, To me, it sounds like your action needs regulation. This is a typical service for pianos, and will result in a much better playing piano. The technician will fix all sorts of issues with your action, including key height. The fact that this
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by wimpiano @ Today at 09:55 AM

Hi ShiroKuro, it reflects these opinions to some extent keeping the goal of resembling a live recital in mind. It's an FAQ and guidelines, not rules, it is to help people understand the purpose of the recital: Becoming a better pianist and sharing yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ambitious Jazz beginner by Ruan @ Today at 09:52 AM

Thanks Ron I was speaking to a guitarist friend and he gave me similar advise. I guess i should be more patient and slowly build up a strong foundation. Saw a copy of the real book at a local 2nd hand book store. Will pick it up. I just need my han
Pianist Corner
I had 6 weeks to learn the first movement of the Bach D minor concerto while working full time. I thought it would be impossible but it went well. (Caveat: I was able to perform with the score).
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grigory Sokolov releases album by Kreisler @ Today at 09:45 AM

It wasn't recorded "for" the yellow label, it was recorded live in 2008. Just now the rights have been assigned to DG.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by ShiroKuro @ Today at 09:44 AM

8 Octaves was referring to me in the earlier post, for any who have forgotten or weren't here then. And the comments 8 Octaves made sum up a part of the problem. But here's the other part. A lot of people have talked about a lot of different kinds
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by Goomer Piles @ Today at 09:39 AM

I didn't forget anything.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by wimpiano @ Today at 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: 8 Octaves"what me? I'm not playing for the recital." Rofl.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum by Marinelife @ Today at 09:34 AM

Wow, I've never been told that a piano would increase in value. The owners I know who overestimate their piano's worth usually have pianos that are at least seventy years old, look nice or have a famous name, play fairly well, have sentimental value
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by 8 Octaves @ Today at 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: wouter79I'm getting nauseated with these same discussions on this every 3 months. How about pointing back to old discussions when the 'month to recital thread' is opened? And ask everyone who comes up again in the main thread
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nodame Cantabile by Peter071 @ Today at 09:21 AM

Where can I see the drama version ?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Books did Chopin Study? by wr @ Today at 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: chopin_r_usYou need to play a lot of Hummel. Indeed. Chopin revered Hummel both as a composer and as a person. And Chopin was not usually much of an admirer of other living composers for the piano - Hummel was something of a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by 8 Octaves @ Today at 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoOk, before multiple people start doing the same thing: I have already volunteered to write an FAQ and written it. I have asked Monica K, Mr SH and Casinitaly to provide feedback. Yay!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nodame Cantabile by DancerJ @ Today at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Vialliyou guys should watch the nodame cantabile 'drama' instead of the anime. I find it much much better after watching all the episodes, it motivated me to get back to piano I thought that was what we were talking about. I wa
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help for first purchasing! Need some suggestions. by anotherscott @ Today at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Zanna83it seems to me that the volume is quite low (from internal speaker) also at maximum level.. i mean that for me playing it's enough but when at maximum level, i would define it "normal" rather than "high&quo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by outo @ Today at 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Goomer PilesI think topics like this reflect and encourage low-effort thinking. Any composer who lived long enough would likely have a body of work big enough that there's sufficient variety for anybody to find something to lik
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some Questions About "Piano Magic" by newbert @ Today at 09:12 AM

Thanks for the informative reply, Rerun! I signed up for Piano Magic last night and plan to start my journey later today. I can't set aside playing from sheet music totally right now, since I want to participate in next month's recital with a piece
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by 8 Octaves @ Today at 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Ataru074Originally Posted By: 8 Octaves I always say you should perform something you've memorized as it is the custom for piano recitals. However, even in live student recitals (for my children), I've seen a few students perfo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos by Rich Galassini @ Today at 09:05 AM

Joey Calderazzo is a jazz pianist and member here at PW. PM him for his experiences with Lindeblad. I am not sure if he has published them here.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grigory Sokolov releases album by wr @ Today at 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoI heard this last night on the radio and thought you might be interested. http://www.deutschegrammophon.com/us/gpp/index/grigory-sokolov-signing "His first album for the Yellow Label, a recital of works by Mozart
Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
YAMAHA U1E polished mahogany
by CYBERSPRITE
19 minutes 49 seconds ago
What did you play tonight?
by Johan B
23 minutes 3 seconds ago
Novice in love with Kawai and seeking advice!
by Ellisande
29 minutes 42 seconds ago
SF Symphony pianist at Steingraeber recital / reception
by master88er
Today at 03:31 PM
Ferdinand "???" Piano from Vienna?
by TheloniousPunk
Today at 02:20 PM
Who's Online
151 registered (accordeur, alfredo capurso, anamnesis, 35 invisible), 1580 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76631 Members
42 Forums
158446 Topics
2326886 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission