Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
70 registered (Azeyic, augustm, BillChow, Bellicapelli, 10 invisible), 950 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway, Steinwas - and now, "Steinnot" by iLaw @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

OK, I know a pianist who bought a rebuilt Steinway (including new soundboard and plank) and asked the rebuilder to put the Steinway name on the fallboard in a (significantly) newer style than would be correct for the year the piano was originally man
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts the dueling bumblebees by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

I may have posted this to one of the other forums about a year ago, or maybe not. A little humour every now and then can be a good thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKNAFKEavSM
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP series Piano sample SOUND question by maurus @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Well said. Especially the bit about the personalities behind the screen names.
Jump to new posts Re: Self Taught Musician Considering The Yamaha MOXF8 by SelfTaught99 @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Hello, Thanks so much for the response! I will be upgrading from the Yamaha YPG235. You are certainly right, I don't "need" the MOXF, but I definitely desire it. I'm most certainly looking to be able to record my own songs, which will cons
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: open-ended questions: weight of 7 footers by Withindale @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By S. PhillipsThere are too many variations to consider to find a lot of commonality in the methods of construction, except to say that the materials used have a huge impact on the sound. Sound is the key point, I think. Steinway
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher- Best Piano Book Method? by Opus_Maximus @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

I think it's important to note that any method is only as good or bad as the teacher that uses it; there are many fine teachers using Bastien (Not my favorite), and terrible ones using Piano Adventures (which I like). In the case of truly outstanding
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP series Piano sample SOUND question by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By OneWattIt makes one question whether exchanges like these ever make it up the corporate ladder. Originally Posted By dewsterReps here at PW have clearly indicated that they don't like to hear general kvetching about sound technol
Jump to new posts Re: name that tune.... by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Check out this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXGI8EXJVk
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Where to upload video or audio clips. by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

I prefer a streaming site as that makes someone stealing your audio file more difficult. It may not be a big risk, but the risk isn't zero. Soundcloud.com is free and provides a streaming service for just audio and I believe you can allow downloads i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BBC RADIO 4 - "Saving Gazas Piano" by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

I hope it will remain alive. I doubt it though, music is haram to the majority there and there seems to be (seems!) really little room for nuances in the area.
Pianist Corner
I've said it before but... why is the age a factor on whether we like something or not? Every person grows older. If I am to listen to anything I'll listen because I like the sound, the performance, etc and will not cut back on my standards because
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by Upright @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

I use the nylon mutes with springs when tuning overdamper pianos. Works quite well. Like this one http://www.pianosupply.de/werkzeuge/stimmen/kleinteile/332/diskantstimmkeil-nylon
Pianist Corner
And for Beethoven: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AedYedGh0XQ&feature=youtu.be&t=3934
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By Molto lombardoOriginally Posted By Gary D.90% of the money I have made playing demanded that I read the music. I don't know why this is never addressed... That's really another serious issue. We call sight reading here "p
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Many thanks, Chris!
Jump to new posts name that tune.... by paradice @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgiwugLnvps wondering what he's playing at 3:50 in the video, think it starts before that but not sure where he plays the same thing in other 'demo' videos so I think it's an actual piece or is he just messing about?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By currawongOriginally Posted By Gary D.90% of the money I have made playing demanded that I read the music. I don't know why this is never addressed... I don't either. It's probably 95% in my case. And when you think about the mus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts BBC RADIO 4 - "Saving Gazas Piano" by bluebilly @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

More Piano stuff on Auntie Beeb. Saving Gazas Piano (BBC Magazine) Saving Gazas PIano on iPlayer)
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP series Piano sample SOUND question by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By krikorikThe only language the corporate managers listen is annual revenues and market share. If those fail because of the reasons we discussed here, they'll take a deep look and corrective actions, otherwise this is just noise. I
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by krikorik @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

It is only by looking for perfection that you get the flawed DPs we have today. If we were content with whatever we get we would still be playing on a Wurlitzer 200A. The industry could have advanced a lot more. There is no reason to still be worki
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP series Piano sample SOUND question by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By augustmI have not read everything, but my understanding has been that Kawai says you get /A/ full sampled piano. My understanding was that they also try to maintain samples from older models. Looking this week at the ca97 it seem
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

They might be fooled if the Clavinova makers didn`t make acoustics either. . . I can`t think of any reason why digital piano actions aren`t superior to those on acoustics, which are constrained by the traditional mechanical requirements, resulting in
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Transition to wedding pianist by Redhead1 @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

Hi Angela! I've been working as a wedding pianist in Atlanta for about five years now. Check out my site at www.PianoJenny.com to see my pricing and other cool stuff. As far as getting the word out ... Well, it's still tricky! I have a kick-ass b
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By J Joe TownleyYou teen guys out there get ready to fall in love. I was perusing Saint-Saens Concerto No 4 Finales this evening looking for something I might have missed and happened to stumble onto a 15 year-old girl who, on f
Jump to new posts Yamaha N1 Delivered!/First Impression by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

I finally ended up buying the N1 last week and it was delivered to my house yesterday. In the end, no stores in my area had a V-piano to try so I crossed that one out, and I couldn't find an RD800 to demo either. I only found the RD700, and I was t
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Days when it all goes wrong
by PhilipInChina
03/27/15 04:48 AM
72 BPM is too fast for Bach's Goldberg Variations Aria
by pianoman9
03/27/15 02:30 AM
Royal conservatory certificates, are they worth the hassle?
by YadielOmar
03/27/15 12:43 AM
Vince Grantano
by Rich Galassini
03/26/15 10:48 PM
A Fun Voice - "Toy Piano"
by McBuster
03/26/15 09:23 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,662 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,737 Topics
2,388,859 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission