Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
122 registered (AprilE, agraffe, Beauxhomme, AndyP, anrpiano, Alan T., 35 invisible), 1530 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ Today at 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By JohnnyRebJay, Can you give me your thoughts on the two questions I asked earlier since you work for Roland please? 1. I tried the Roland LX-17 in a store - loved it...but the built in stand causes the bottoms of pages to catch
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: eCommerce by David Boyce @ Today at 11:06 AM

It's an interesting thought. I have pondered something similar myself. But what can we offer that clients can't find for themselves already on Ebay at cheap prices? Guaranteed quality, I suppose, and a potential market with whom we already have
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by oldmancoyote @ Today at 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By RobertJMI think a lot more thought it going to have to go into this. I think the OP is here... meaning not too sure of what the actual priorities are now that he's tried a few things out "in reality" as opposed to discu
Piano Forum
Essex EGP-173 ($22K+tax) Yamaha GC2 ($24K+tax) Yamaha CX2 ($28K+tax) Young Chong Y185 ($15K+tax) (keep in mind these are CAD price) I tried them all out...and here is what I felt.. The Essex and Yamaha feels very similar to me, the Yamaha sounds a b
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By argerichfan Quote:K141(this one is also often ruined for me by a tempo too fast) But is this really too fast? It seems quite right in the context. I guess it's fair to say I am not much of an Argerich fan...I have n
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by Maartin @ Today at 11:04 AM

Do you mean doesn't compare as in the acoustic piano was 'better' or just that it felt different? Because the CA67 action is supposed to feel like a grand piano rather than an upright I believe.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lesser heard Piano Concertos by gooddog @ Today at 11:03 AM

John Field wrote, I think, 4 piano concertos. I've heard at least one and it was lovely. Some of the Brahms concertos aren't played a lot. There's always Bach.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: An old style composition by Ganddalf @ Today at 11:03 AM

Piano_primo_1, Thanks for your comments and sorry for being sloppy with the notation. My intention was to keep the chord of the second last measure to the end. I have been using the notation program too little to actually be good at it. I hope that
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 11:01 AM

The CA67 and the Yamaha YUS1, 3, 5 are very different instruments no, Robert? I feel like you're all over the map now on what you're looking for, so difficult to recommend. Do you want an acoustic with silent system? A digital console style piano
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones with a Kawai CA series. by Tom LC @ Today at 11:00 AM

The new headphones at 250 ohm are great. However, not the 770 which is a closed set. I returned those for the 990 pro. Which are an open headphone. The sound is very much the same as without headphones. Set "wide" as James suggested.
Sure the VR-09 is highly popular and rightfully so. Just over 12lbs 3oz with Organ, Piano, Synth, Drums and GM parts, it's loaded with sounds. Runs on 8 AA batteries. It's a good compromise if you want this thing for busking and more typical gigs.
Pianist Corner
Favorite Fast: K.119 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiebZLfvIhA and K.332 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXPwu2iNot0 Overplayed: K.380 K.27 K.466
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Lesser heard Piano Concertos by Sean P @ Today at 10:48 AM

Hello everyone! I'm so sorry, I just realized that I only ever post hear when I need a question answered or suggestions! Hopefully this on hasn't been asked too many times. Basically, my teacher has (more or less) given me free reign to choo
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Heh, heh, heh ... I'm hitting the strong beat on that final pic of the feet, not on the heel. Didn't expect that, but I guess anything's possible with Carl Sonny on the bench.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slightly OT by Stubbie @ Today at 10:29 AM

So you've made your move?! How does your piano(s?) sound and feel? Will you be getting a teacher? Are you fully retired now? Will you miss China? How does the weather/climate compare between where you lived in China and where you are now? Whe
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: An old style composition by piano_primo_1 @ Today at 10:28 AM

Hello Ganddalf, I am glad you posted your score as I can study it (for composing ideas). You play and compose piano wonderfully. I am super new at this and don’t feel comfortable or skilled at all with composing but, never will if I don’t keep
Jump to new posts Re: ISO PDS-32 control box by David Farley @ Today at 10:17 AM

There are five PDS-32 control systems for sale on eBay. Some maybe working, some offered for parts, depending on how much you want to spend.
Jump to new posts Re: No line-in input: recording question by Stephano @ Today at 10:11 AM

Alright, so assuming the CSL's line-in is stereo, would it still be wiser to get the Lexicon Alpha Studio? There are also these alternatives: Link 1, Link 2
Jump to new posts Re: eCommerce by Gene Nelson @ Today at 10:05 AM

No need to reinvent the wheel I have had that for years and so has many techs that use PTG member Tremaine Parsons to host their web site. Check him out, he'll set you up very inexpensive.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: So there's this thing next year... by Kenan @ Today at 09:50 AM

I find your name "Startwithbach" funny. I also recently bought the urtext edition of the two and three part inventions.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by RobertJM @ Today at 09:50 AM

Thanks James. It looks a superb instrument. My issue is we live in a block of flats/apartments and so a) space and size is of considerable importance and b) I don't want to fall out with the neighbours! Has anyone else any experiences living in a f
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By RerunWhat part of the step are you coming up with this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH7JivVFhlY
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slightly OT by Dave B @ Today at 09:44 AM

Being an Adult Beginner is fun, regardless of location. Hope your enjoying Bulgaria.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Identifying Triads By Ear by keystring @ Today at 09:41 AM

What MoB brought up, open and closed triads is extremely important, first if you want to do more than study for passing exams and actually want to use theory to help with playing music - second because of what comes after at more advanced levels. Th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts New for me within $12,000 budget by Greg_the_learner @ Today at 09:41 AM

Hello, First of all sry for my broken English. Let`s start from beginning. I started to learn piano 3 years ago [I`m 34]. I bought upright piano without fully care about condition and brand. I just needed to buy it cheap to check if I will be persis
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What are the definitions of 'double" and "triple" octaves?
by Chris Leslie
06/30/16 05:50 PM
Yamaha NU1 vs Mason & Hamlin actions
by ivorytux
06/30/16 05:16 PM
Name of song
by Tango
06/30/16 04:36 PM
Can This Be Done?
by newbert
06/30/16 04:02 PM
Yamaha B3 Silent Piano - MIDI
by RobertJM
06/30/16 01:31 PM
Forum Stats
84,158 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,668 Topics
2,537,630 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission