Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
65 registered (ajeales, 821, augustm, agraffe, alerique, AZNpiano, 9 invisible), 875 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Big discovery on how the brain processes music by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

This one is good too
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is what I am doing beneficial? by agraffe @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

Ah, yes, the cry (cri de coeur) of the dilettante! Be patient with yourself; discipline is required, of course, but piano should not be a punishment. Your wish to play more or less "finished" pieces may grow with applied practice, and with
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I ordered a piano bench from Germany by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By Gatsbee13I was tempted to buy a similar style bench from an online vendor (US-based) but I called the vendor and they said since I have carpet, the bench may be a little unstable. My carpet is thin but I still didn't want to take
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By dogpersonI asked AZN about the student who IS prepared, who DOES practice even though there is no parental involvement. What if the student is self-motivated without parental motivation and therefore is not clueless? Sure, IF
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: hunidifier system by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

I wouldn't. I would hate for something to go wrong and the vicks keep pumping out steam. You need to keep the humidity controlled by something relatively accurate. Sound like for you it's best to go with a damp chaser system or similar.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by PM7 @ Yesterday at 02:50 PM

Pop music is bad enough itself, but Lady Gaga and alike performers are a distaster. David Bowie, mentioned here before is a good comparision- with all respect to him (I bet that in different environment, the man had enough talent, intelligence and c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group? by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 02:50 PM

Great! That would be cool! That prelude is deceptively simple looking but actually difficult to make it sound good because of its repetitive nature and repeating bass chords. Often it sounds too square and lacks a kind of musicality if you will.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group? by INBoston @ Yesterday at 02:47 PM

I would do the Chopin Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 (last one on your list) since I've already been trying to learn it. Maybe it will get me to memorize it or at least get it to a passable level. It's overall pretty simple with the exception of those
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 02:45 PM

I was thinking of a LINE-OUT of the Focusrite, but if a headphone plug does work it could be fine too.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Photo hosting on PW by agraffe @ Yesterday at 02:45 PM

Congratulations, Rick! I just figured out how to post a picture last week.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Is what I am doing beneficial? by INBoston @ Yesterday at 02:41 PM

My favorite way to enjoy my time at the piano is sitting down with a new piece and trying to sight-read the first page or two. Usually, it's music I've heard before, but sometimes not. Usually, it's a little easier than my level and written in an &qu
Jump to new posts Re: Just starting... by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

Yggor, Those are both excellent choices from very good companies. I personally prefer the action and sound on the roland, but many others would prefer the yamaha. It really comes down to a sense of personal preference. It's hard to tell which o
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rach's Prelude Op. 3 No. 2 by mjames @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

Thank you so much for your advice, I appreciate it! Don't worry I'll take your suggestions into consideration and I'll post an update soon. The piano's not mine, it's the school's but I will fill out a repair request form today. Again, thanks for li
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I ordered a piano bench from Germany by Gatsbee13 @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

I was tempted to buy a similar style bench from an online vendor (US-based) but I called the vendor and they said since I have carpet, the bench may be a little unstable. My carpet is thin but I still didn't want to take the chance. I ended up gettin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Study Group? by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

I remember I've seen study groups on the forums (I can't remember if it was ABF or pianist corner). I'm interested in doing a study group for a piece if other people are interested as well. I love the idea of learning a piece with other people and
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice - and what happens when there isn't any? by agraffe @ Yesterday at 02:36 PM

Thank you for sharing that article, ajeales. Pianodao sounds like a kind, humane teacher who really cares about the persons s/he teaches; though I think it is the relentless excusemanship regarding missed practice and phony emotional baggage between
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by prout @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79>NIST and the equivelent organization in other countries provide audio frequency standards via radio, phone, and internet. Even with atmospheric errors, jitter and the like, the accuracy exceeds the precision of the ET
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I ordered a piano bench from Germany by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

Got it. Ordered on Jan 29, delivered after 7 working days from Germany. Very comfortable, no squeaking and solid as a rock, the adjustment is fantastic. Came in already assembled, the box was a little roughed up but no damage or scratches to the b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand Strength by jdott @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

Greg, I had to Google the Taubman Institute for the piano-I'd never heard of it. It's great that you had the opportunity to be a participant in that. In my youth, I too wanted to be a physician; however, after a couple of years in school I discov
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Photo hosting on PW by Rickster @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

I really didn't want to start another thread about posting photos on PW, especially since Frank locked the other thread; but I finally got it to work and posted a photo. I figured this was good news and worth creating another thread. Frank or the
Jump to new posts Just starting... by Yggor Yulcatan @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

Hi, everyone! My name is Yggor. I don't speak a very good english, then, sorry about that. I'm a piano beginner student and I want to buy a digital instrument. I've a doubt about these two models that have their prices on the limit I can pay for (the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice - and what happens when there isn't any? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

I find troubling the idea in the pianodao article that if we have practice expectations, those must translate into spending the lesson shaming and lecturing the student and feeling disappointed and angry. I have practice expectations for my students
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

>NIST and the equivelent organization in other countries provide audio frequency standards via radio, phone, and internet. Even with atmospheric errors, jitter and the like, the accuracy exceeds the precision of the ETD being calibrated. Interest
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by dogperson @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By Puylly FogIndeed, but in this case they mentioned a 6 year old. I still think parental involvebment is required for as long as they are the invoice payer No offense, but this is a real-life question. I started lessons at the a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS by Piano World @ Yesterday at 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By RicksterIt is evident that the image/photo uploader is working for some members, because there are some recent photos in the image gallery. However, it still doesn't work for me, on my home PC, or my computer at work. Here is t
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Learning your chords
by johan d
02/10/16 01:31 AM
Seeking advice on a compact digital piano
by joshjackson
02/09/16 11:19 PM
Piano Competitions Need to use new Concerti - J. Biegel
by Piano World
02/09/16 05:29 PM
2016 Chicago International Duo Piano Competition
by Piano World
02/09/16 04:48 PM
International Piano Competition - CA - March/April 2017
by Piano World
02/09/16 04:40 PM
Forum Stats
82,529 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,377 Topics
2,493,771 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission