Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
82 registered (augustm, Beakybird, Amosdoll, Albunea, AdrianR, ando, 23 invisible), 1796 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there any guideline for beginners? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

I think you should look for a different teacher, one who has more structure to their lessons rather than just referring you to a book for that. Also, do not practice more than 1 hour. As a beginner, there really is no need and more harm than good ca
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop recommendations for Virtual Piano - CFX by CyberGene @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

As I've confirmed prevously, the CFX lite runs very smoothly at 128-samples buffer on Apple MacBook Retina 12" (yes, distant mics missing, so half the number of samples playing at the same time). Having in mind this is a 1.1GHz fanless netbook r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Is there any guideline for beginners? by Izanami @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Hey guys, I've recently started playing the piano and I did well for the last one and a half month, but now I am having some doubts on my daily routine and I'd like to improve it for better results There are two german piano books which I currently
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another question about the thumb by Karaba @ Yesterday at 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogPerhaps I am showing my ignorance, but it seems to me that "proper" movement of the thumb is being unnecessarily micro-dissected. IMO it is more appropriate to look at the big picture. Position your thumb in what
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop recommendations for Virtual Piano - CFX by newer player @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By stamkorgOriginally Posted By newer player Garritan CFX now plays with no clicking sounds, ultra-low latency & ultra-low jitter. I'm done optimizing system...for now! Great news, having pops and clicks is very irritating.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ranking of most frequently used key signatures? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

AMcC: As a new member, welcome. Be aware of the dates of threads or of the most recent post in a thread; for better or not, you have just revived a four year old thread. Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by pianofan1017 @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

Ok. I just got back from the exam. For the scale, most of them went well. Bb Minor harmonic scale I got totally wrong and even though I have tried to restart couple of times, but still couldn't seem to get it right. Had to restart Eb Major staccato
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet Another Yamaha U1 vs U3 Thread by Minna @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

This may be off the topic a little bit but as a parent I would throw out other thoughts. If your home can accommodate a grand piano and you and your son will advance further, I suggest not ruling out the possibility to own a grand. If you are buyin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Same Pianist Different Piano What Happened? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesAgain, no one seem to know or care what I'm saying regarding release velocity at the Digital Forum, so I bring it up here. How fast you pick up your fingers is just as important as how fast you drop them down on an acou
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by Buckster @ Yesterday at 12:41 PM

as a potential purchaser - was hoping to look at the manual to gleam more about the features - can't find one online anywhere ?
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop recommendations for Virtual Piano - CFX by stamkorg @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By newer player Garritan CFX now plays with no clicking sounds, ultra-low latency & ultra-low jitter. I'm done optimizing system...for now! Great news, having pops and clicks is very irritating. Can you specify at which fre
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

Birdgolf, Welcome to the forums. You should definitely post your updates in here if you're working through Alfred's AIO #2. T here's only a handful of us that are active on this thread regularly, so an additional person giving updates would be grea
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ranking of most frequently used key signatures? by Angus McCulloch @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

This seems like a very rational question. If I wanted to get the most bang for my buck, wouldn't it make sense to lear te Scales for the 10 keys that 80% of the music is written in. This doesn't mean that one ignores the others ... I would just thi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha avant grand: yeah or nah? by AdrianR @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

Went to the dealer today and got a chance to play the AG. I was disappointed :(, it didn't feel nearly as good as an acoustic instrument! So now we're looking at an acoustic grand around the same price. Any recommendations?
Piano Forum
Pianoloverus, I think that we now have greater clarity on the issue that 'finish does not retain much of its original value'. Regarding the depreciation scale and why it can depart from real life pricing, especially in this case (and even if the pi
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGX 660 or Casio PX860 or Something Else? by Beakybird @ Yesterday at 12:25 PM

I sent you a PM. I'm kind of down on Casio because I sold my PX350 after one year because the keys were getting noisy. I bought the PX160 to replace it. Now the PX160 is making noises. I'm going to get it fixed under warranty as soon as my Roland FP9
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Market value of Santos Rosewood Steinway Model A by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 12:16 PM

Speaking for Piano Buyer I would like to make a few points: 1. The purpose of our Depreciation Schedule is to approximate the value of used pianos in a unique and "unruly" market. It is by no means meant to be definitive. 2. It is based o
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Ydp 131 sound problem (interference) by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 12:04 PM

First thing to try is (factory) or system reset.
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by John Keller @ Yesterday at 11:52 AM

For what it's worth, I just completed my search for a portable digital piano that I could take with me on the road when traveling for work. I opted for the Kawai ES100. I like the feel and sound of this unit better than any of the others I tried in t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By ~RyanI've frequented the forum and finally decided to registered and in search of some advice... I'm 45, until 2 years ago I never played an instrument and could not read music. Inspired by a new to us Yamaha G2 and the wonderfu
Piano Forum
I suspect that it is worth no more than what you paid for it, less the cost of moving.
Jump to new posts Yamaha DGX 660 or Casio PX860 or Something Else? by ttDivine @ Yesterday at 11:32 AM

Greetings All: My 13 year-old daughter has been playing piano (mostly, but not exclusively classical) for almost 8 years. She's expressed an interest in having a digital piano, but since we've only owned an acoustic piano (with a brief ownership of
Jump to new posts Yamaha Ydp 131 sound problem (interference) by Marko_J @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

Hi Everybody, sorry for my english, I'm italian. I have an old Yamaha ydp 131 digital piano. It worked good but yesterday when i started playing, when A2 key was pressed an interference noise came out. Something like when you start your pc and it ge
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 11:14 AM

I have an excellent teacher as an adult restarter --- however, I had to verbally express my intent, and demonstrate my intent as an adult before she realized I did not want to zip through music just to check it off a list and move on. You need to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When Did Estonia Become a "Premium" Brand? by MiguelAngel07 @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Hello Ori. Thanks for the clarification. Could you please offer your insights contrasting Estonia’s concert grand design philosophy with the rest of their line-up? In other words, what sorts of tonal compromises they are willing to make (if any)
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Making the switch to playing by ear
by johan d
Today at 03:54 AM
Roland V piano
by johan d
Today at 02:28 AM
Mozart's Death (December 5th)
by phantomFive
Today at 02:25 AM
Practice Schedule
by Abhishek1997
Today at 01:30 AM
Is There Something Wrong With My Thought Pattern?
by motomike1961
Yesterday at 09:55 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,777 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,820 Topics
2,576,535 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission