Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
135 registered (anamnesis, Almaviva, AndreiN, alfredo capurso, ando, acortot, 38 invisible), 1404 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: descending thirds with right hand by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Having just recently learned Chopin's Op.25 No.6 Etude, I can say that if your hands are relaxed and flexible, just about any fingering can be played legato. All the suggestions here would work provided you practice them a few times. I will add tho
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching a Four Year Old by DameMyra @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Thought I would fill you in on our first lesson. My just-turned (she keep forgetting she's not 3) 4 year old loves music. She sang some songs including "You're a Grand Old Flag"! She can count up to 100, but didn't do it in the lesson. An
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha c3x vs shigeru sk3 by Norbert @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Quote:I have a friend and customer that owns both an Estonia L190 and a Kawai SK3 for several years. She is a piano teacher. While she certainly enjoys both, she prefers her Estonia (I can't resist the plug). She also often recommends Yamaha for her
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Seasonal warning by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

"If thine neighbor offends thee, buy each of his children a drum" Kurt
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A long over due update... by Les Koltvedt @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Thanks for the kind words.... I miss everyone, not to mention the recitals....I would like to record some soon, with access to some NICE pianos at the store, which includes a Sauter Omega 220, Petrof 237 and my fav so far is the Hailun 218.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by petes1 @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddYa, fair enough. Roland's FA-08 should be in the running. I'd love to put in the RD800, but it's over budget. It's an amazing beast but it also weighs a beast's weight. Love it for my small office studio though!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by keystring @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By TimRYeah, and he needs to buy a tuner. <evil grin> There's one guy who never learned his major scales! So much for trying to be on topic. You are aware, I think, that Shankar played Indian music which deliberately uses
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A long over due update... by jotur @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

Hi, Les! It's great to see you here again! I remember you coming back as a piano tech - glad to see it's still working for you. What a great story that was. Yup, bumps in the road I see. But do you still play that great swinging music? Or just dance
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Sohmer Upright piano model 34A by dbf @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

There is a Sohmer upright piano - model 34A, serial number 149074 that is for sale by private owner who is asking $500 OBO. I have yet to see it, but the pics look like it's in good shape - no scratches or dents on exterior. I can't seem to locate th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tastings Ep. 8: Grotrian at NAMM by master88er @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniSo sorry that it has taken sooo long to get NAMM episodes done and posted. Thank you for your patience all. There are a few more NAMM episodes and some pretty cool "other" episodes coming as well. Please
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A long over due update... by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

such a wonderful story, learning piano is difficult enough without all those bumps in the road. You have been very fortunate but more than likely pro-active in changing your future, fantastic.
dire tonic: Yes, I am "monitoring" the VSTi track, in the sense that I had to enable monitoring in order to get it's signal into the receiving audio track, using a Send. This could be important - I agree. Regarding an "idiot's guide&
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts A long over due update... by Les Koltvedt @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

It's been a long time since I last posted here. I started my search for a piano on this site, heck it's gotta be 8-9 yrs ago. It lead me to purchasing a restored 1919 M&H A. I made a lot good friends here, have attended the Mason & Hamlin
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by TimR @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By BDB Even if the music is written down, improvising keeps it fresh. I was once musing to Toots Thielemans about how Rachmaninoff came to hate his prelude, and Paderewski hated h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: For when you've had it with music theory.... by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By TonyB To me (and this is from experience gained hindsight), many people make music theory MUCH harder than it needs to be. For most of us, there is really very little theory we need to know to aid in our actually making music.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha c3x vs shigeru sk3 by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Hello Fang, In reading your posts, I would guess your daughter is a teenager and currently "brand obsessed" without looking any deeper. If you recognize this tendency in her other choices, then, simply put, you have to be the parent. At
Wifi midi is sluggish... No where near capable at the moment of delivering the low latencies you will get with the USB cable. In other words, you'll play a key in the CLP and wait a moment for the software piano to react. A MacBook Pro is a great
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales/Arpeggios/Block Chords Book? by Groove On @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

I have both those books and both are excellent, but Scales Bootcamp is the one that's permanently camped on my piano. It only covers Major, Harmonic Minor and Chromatic Scales but it does it well. The author has a knack for teaching and makes the pre
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Ripples in the Harbor" by Music Me @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Beautiful Very reminiscent of Michael Nyman's "The Piano" score. Can you give details of the Mics and Pre-amp? Sounds great.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha c3x vs shigeru sk3 by Markarian @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By michaelhaOriginally Posted By Fang The fun thing is my son loves Estonia, my daughter said she would only practise on yamaha grand, and I still like Shigeru, even I has not spent enough time in the store. So if you bought an E
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tightening plate bolts on a grand by Ed Sutton @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

The simple, safe answer is don't do it. For a comprehensive answer, see Del Fandrich's article in the February 2015 Piano Technicians Journal. You can cause serious damage tightening bolts on some pianos.
@MacMacMac and @ElmerJFudd - Wow, very helpful. Does anyone care care to say what software and what virtual pianos you have had best results via controlling with a Clavinova? I'm mainly interested in Windows but a MacBook is a possibility. @MacMacMa
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Piano Movers Tightened a Leg Bolt too Tightly by pianoman9 @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

On my Chickering Brothers Acousticgrande. This caused the tip of the screw to penetrate the keybed and the key-frame, which froze it's position. No wonder the una corda pedal didn't work, and the action was hard to remove! This was a rookie move
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales/Arpeggios/Block Chords Book? by Trevor May @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Just checked, and I paid $19.99 for my Scales Bootcamp book. Might be worth emailing the author directly as that price on Amazon seems very wrong. http://insidemusicteaching.com/scales-bootcamp/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Seasonal warning by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

My neighbors have lawn which they mow with a machine using an internal combustion engine which wastes fossil fuel, creates exhaust, and makes a bloody racket. This performance is followed by a blower to throw all their dust and debris into the air.
Page 8 of 19 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1000 dirty pianos
by Davepost
Today at 08:04 AM
sluggish action in Weber vertical
by Davepost
Today at 07:53 AM
Influencing Digital Piano Manufactureres
by anotherpianoplayer
Today at 06:48 AM
April Piano Bar
by kenjazz
Today at 06:25 AM
Playing notes at the same time
by Badinage
Today at 05:35 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,727 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,903 Topics
2,391,084 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission