Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
134 registered (Alexander Borro, Albert Brighten, accordeur, alans, 35 invisible), 1436 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strategies for Passing Part 1 of the PTG Tuning exam by That Guy @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Quote:It seems to me that some people would rather sit and be smug rather than doing what is best for themselves. I don't believe anyone can decide for anyone else what is best for them. My therapist says that it's "telling someone their realit
Jump to new posts Re: Strategies for Passing Part 1 of the PTG Tuning exam by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Hi Bill, Nice article. Well written. To the point and lots of good, useful, and clear information. Some points if I may: - According to my research, hearing differences in faster beats is easier. Average sensitivities are 12bps @ 2%, 5bps @ 3%, and
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to the new Casio CGP-700 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

Grrrrr -- . . . They left out the "string resonance" that's been added to the PX-360 ! But the little woofers (4.7" according to specs) are nice . . . I think that my PX-350 (24 lbs) plus EV ZXA1 (20 lbs, roughly) weighs less than t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piece by composer X but it could be taken for composer Y by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Many of Alkan's Chants resemble Mendelssohn's Songs Without Words.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Kawai RX-2C by KawaiDon @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

The 'C' models are made to be less expensive with music schools in mind. The lid is simpler, the plate has less clear coating, there are no brass finials on the plate bolts, etc. The bridge is solid instead of the usual bent bridge with cap. There
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement Hammer Question by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

I find that the biggest determinant of how long hammers will last is usage, followed by age, unless the hammers are unusable right out of the press.
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By CleversonDear Jay, thanks for your kindness on replying. To be honest, I don't know yet what kind of customer I am. Firstly, I'm a classical pianist, though I don't give live performances often. My intention is to buy a digital
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interval reading by PianogrlNW @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

Both note and interval recognition greatly increase the ability to read through music and learn pieces. Once you are past the beginner level, you will encounter 2 and 3 notes in one hand and can identify them as 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, octaves etc. As you
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By CleversonOne more question: do the home pianos have presets for grand pianos only? I would apreciate some upright. I think there's a few uprights in there, but they're not based on the modelled engine as far as I know. Although
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] 5 Seconds of Summer - Jet Black Heart (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 10:33 PM

https://youtu.be/xAKNZ3rmMto
Jump to new posts Re: I just leveled-up by accordeur @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Start a new post. Introduce yourself. Explain a bit where you are at as a technician. Take lots of videos and pictures. Ask precise and concise questions. Your chances of getting responses will grow exponentially. All the best.
Jump to new posts I just leveled-up by PDizz @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

I recently did two repairs from which (and for which) I learned a great deal. Both went well. I have nowhere else to talk about this. You guys are like my nerd support group. I replaced a pair of strings and tuning pins on a Steinway D. Treble s
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement Hammer Question by beethoven986 @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By Seeker I know abour Ronsen and Wurzen felt, but I have questions about durability with them. That's a shame. I only use Ronsen hammers. I've never had a problem with their durability, and I've put them in several institution/p
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Cleverson @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

One more question: do the home pianos have presets for grand pianos only? I would apreciate some upright.
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement Hammer Question by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

The biggest determinant of how well a hammer resists wear is the inertia. A heavier hammer has increased inertia and stays on the string longer and the strings strike it more times than a lighter one each time you play it. Properly tone regulated N
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Interval reading by My Bucket List @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

Still struggling to read better but my question is regarding interval rather than note recognition. How does this improve sight reading? My brain is looking at individual notes. I understand what intervals are but how does this approach speed up the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Hi AmandaH, welcome to the forums. You have done well to progress so quickly! It's taken me almost 12 months for me to get through to Laura. I should be finshing in another month or two. The Stranger is a difficult song because there's quite a lot
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by malkin @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

I'm just giggling to myself about the idea of "fantasy lessons" with some of the regulars over on the piano teachers forum. What would it be like? What would we work on? How nervous would I be? and very importantly, Would they laugh at my
Jump to new posts Re: Double-striking keys on Petrof II grand by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

I agree, call the tech back. Double strike or blubbering hammers on a grand can be the result of several intersecting regulation points. If the escapement is set too close, (and more than a few techs today seem to be regulating actions with escape
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By The Monkeys... learn by imitations, “monkey see monkey do” style, from teachers, and more importantly, from playmates, in daycare and school... Perhaps this is why you call yourself The Monkeys?!
Jump to new posts Re: Touch weight of digital pianos (my fingers hurt!) by damos3000 @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

I had the same experience when playing the YDP162 (GH keys) and YDP142 (GHS keys) side by side at the piano shop. I found the action on the lighter and 'lower end' GHS keys to be more realistic to my experiences with acoustic uprights. So I had to fo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which is better Petrof or Kawai? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By KurtZOriginally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By KurtZ Buy back plans sound good in theory but they are not all that they seem to be. See the linked thread from the FAQs forum. 100% buy back from the FAQ Kurt Bu
Jump to new posts Re: Strategies for Passing Part 1 of the PTG Tuning exam by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By Olek Thanks I was thinking of the diapason installed on a wooden box (resonator) In that case the eventual resonant frequency of the box will not add partials is not it? never had trouble pushing the fork (tight) on the under
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which is better Petrof or Kawai? by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By KurtZOriginally Posted By achi The KAWAI dealers provides 100% trade in 10 years, I think. If my son continue piano and needed to upgrade again, we could do too. (Hope the store is not closed in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for my RCM repertoire learning (prep level) by bananasushi @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Fair enough. Thank you.
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Student Q: Do "Non-Taubman" Teachers teach Forearm Rotation?
by ClsscLib
08/28/15 03:22 PM
Hiiii Everyone , Kyfran54 présentation :D
by Kyfran54
08/28/15 01:44 PM
Mainstage 3.2
by Leonid
08/28/15 12:55 PM
What works better with piano?
by MaggieGirl
08/28/15 11:59 AM
PE-2 Pedal Extender question for owners
by ViennaAutumn
08/28/15 11:55 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,554 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,482 Topics
2,439,900 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission