Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
58 registered (augustm, Beemer, beet31425, AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, 9 invisible), 944 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Vecsey/Cziffra La Valse Triste by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

I agree, it's my favorite too! I also really love his arrangement of Brahms Hungarian Dance No 5 but that one becomes a little over the top and breaks the flow of the actual piece towards the last 2/3 of the piece if I remember correctly. There wer
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Good PA System for jazz piano combo gigs by Skyscrapersax @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Here's some info from Gollihurmusic: Hi! The Acoustic Image products are not stereo. The multi-channel units (most of them) have a pair of identical channels with access to the onboard effects, and then they are blended to the mono amplifier and out
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Remchi @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

sinophilia, thanks. Well I got a funny story. When I was in elementary school I desperately wanted to play piano, but I didn't have an instrument and there was no possibility to buy one. So I took some textbook on piano, draw keyboard on paper and tr
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital expectations by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbows. . . Having said that, when I spoke to some parents afterwards, their responses were "Really? But she paused...." or "he made mistakes." AFter all the endless hours I spend emphasizing the im
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half an hour in your shoes by TimR @ Yesterday at 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By WhizbangOriginally Posted By TimRWow, 30 minutes on the same strategy, without improvement. Fred was actually playing that measure fluently (if not particularly musically) on a rapid, constant loop, rather than moving on to the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Looking for new pieces! by gwhilton @ Yesterday at 12:24 PM

Hello, I am at about grade 7/8 ability and can play Rachmaninov prelude op3 no2 etc. I was looking for suggestions of pieces around that standard preferably romantic or classical but im open to anything! Thanks, George
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a 100 year old by Beemer @ Yesterday at 12:14 PM

My Tyros 5 has what you want: Ian
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by BDB @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM

$600 is the entire frame. The rails are a lot cheaper.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Withindale @ Yesterday at 12:06 PM

Bruce, Thank you for your perceptive comments which hit the nail squarely on the head. Marcus Roberts says the two pianos are entirely different and that the Shigeru is ideal for a student. If Markus remains entirely unconvinced by this comparison
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is Kawai's Equivalent to Yamaha's U3? by johnbarnesiii @ Yesterday at 12:05 PM

Thank you Rick, I'll keep my eye out for these! All signs seem to be pointing for me to save up for any one of these Kawai K series uprights. I'll do my best to shoot for the taller height model if financially possible.
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by rysowers @ Yesterday at 11:57 AM

The action rails from Steinway are not a bad price from the parts department. I think they are around $600.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano vs Fully Rebuilt Differences? by ando @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTThanks Rich, I enjoy your insights as well. Wine at my house or your house? Hammond, Montana? It's exactly halfway!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kenya burns stockpile of ivory by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

Not if "enough" is more than all the ivory on living animals throughout the world.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by SiFi @ Yesterday at 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By Tim Adrianson -- there's too much else to see and do, particularly for people who haven't been to Chicago before. I would say particularly for people who HAVE been to Chicago before! (But also for those who haven't.)
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5 vs Roland SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By kristiank I am wondering how something like Kawai CN35 (or also Kawai CE220) + Pianoteq 5 (routing the sound back through the DP speakers via Line-in) would compare to a Roland HP 605/603. I have done that. My issue with Pianot
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half an hour in your shoes by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By TimRWow, 30 minutes on the same strategy, without improvement. Fred was actually playing that measure fluently (if not particularly musically) on a rapid, constant loop, rather than moving on to the next measure and trying to wo
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Charge to Replace a Tuning Pin? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

You can apply the CA with the piano standing up. You need low-viscosity CA ("water thin") and a very fine applicator of some kind. Some blister packs of small bottles come with ideal little nozzles, in "Pound Shops" (Dollar Stor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Vecsey/Cziffra La Valse Triste by Cheeto717 @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

This is my favorite of the Cziffra transcriptions. There is definitely some flash but not so much that it ruins the piece. Plenty of depth as well. Thanks for sharing that performance of it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

Hi, SiFi! I thought the same thing, but then it occurred to me that I actually DID perform 4 times in 2014 -- the PreLim and Final rounds (for 2 rounders), then an informal evening session held at Pianoforte prior to the 3-round Finals, and finall
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts - Used Piano Purchase - 2007 Bechstein A190 by ryanmanwich @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Thank you everybody for the responses! This has definitely reaffirmed my belief we bought a beautiful instrument that will bring lots of happiness to our family. I will be showing these to my wife, who most definitely will appreciate that we made a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kenya burns stockpile of ivory by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 10:39 AM

IMHO there's nothing wrong with using and selling ivory. The problem is that wild animals are killed illegally to get it. I think the best solution would be to make sure enough cheap ivory is available.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

Agreed -- this is very bad news, considering where the event is being held (right on Michigan Ave). There are hotels within walking distance, but they're all VERY expensive -- a couple hundred per night even for the cheapest one. I sure hope CPAC h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- Call For Submissions by INBoston @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By MarieJOnce again I submitted as early as I possibly could, and came in at #3. It's not because I want to be among the first, but because I want to stop my endless (fruitless) attempts to manage a better recording, and get on with
Jump to new posts Roland fp4 -Help! by Ayla @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

Hello, I'm thinking of buying the Roland fp4 (not the fp4f). I have the possibility to buy it for 500 euro's, Do you guys think that is a good price? And what do you think about this piano? Thank you!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by BruceD @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By WithindaleIf still undecided, and if you haven't seen it already, this may help you decide between buying the Estonia now and waiting for the SK2: I think that choice lies between the tone of the Estonia (or Steinway in
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
CPU Urgently needed.
by JonHig
Today at 02:34 AM
I'm returning to piano. How can I get started again?
by frenebo
Today at 12:30 AM
How can I better learn jazz piano?
by Claire Davas
Yesterday at 10:25 PM
Kawai Piano Models History
by McBuster
Yesterday at 08:02 PM
Yamaha soundboards and back posts
by andres_1001
Yesterday at 05:13 PM
Forum Stats
83,491 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,361 Topics
2,520,725 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission