Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Del Well, I think I said JB weld -- which is, I think, what you are referring to -- is "inappropriate for this kind of repair". That means, no, JB Weld would not be an appropriate adhesive for this kind of repair. I'll
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Consignment Split? by chernobieff @ Today at 09:59 AM

I have pianos I sell on consignment to get my brand out there. Dealeres usually want 45-50% for placing on the showroom floor. I negotiate terms such as advertising, marketing, videos, concerts performed on etc.... I would be curious as to what other
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Funny but true... by peterws @ Today at 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Silver KeysIt could be that her parents owned the establishment. Anyway, I do think that it's awesome that she's out there as an early beginner. What my teacher told me about gigging out is that "it just has to sound good
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by Paul678 @ Today at 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Rank Piano AmateurI think that wimpiano may basically have the right idea here. If one is selling a piano, one might want to know what the typical division of the selling price is between consignor and marketer/retailer, althou
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Schumann Upright bass bridge Salvageable? by chernobieff @ Today at 09:48 AM

Get the Reblitz book as suggested and learn to do a bridge repair the standard way. Great learning experience.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by barbaram @ Today at 09:19 AM

Now that the kids are back in school I'm getting a lot less practice time than before. It makes the FOYD all the more useful to give me focus, but also it's a bit frustrating! Since last time: Schumann Op 68 #26: progressing nicely. I plan to recor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by fizikisto @ Today at 09:10 AM

Some very nice posts guys! Thanks! Here's a fun short one. Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King arranged for piano and played by paul barton
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by JimF @ Today at 08:55 AM

I'm still enjoying each and every journal update, Sam. Hoping the zero yesterday eases the various aches and pains. You're a little ahead (south) of the foliage change, but that and other signs of Fall should catch up to you pretty soon. Today you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need recommendations for where to buy a piano? by Tony Maggio @ Today at 08:51 AM

swpiano I was just kidding. This is a buyers market and there are many pianos to be sold -- it may take a seller of a quality instrument a year or more to find a buyer. You can always negoiate! A common theme on this forum is to pay a certified pia
Originally Posted By: OlekPS the Renner centers procedure is not translated (yet), but I have no much interest to translate things I know as no thank you or interesting commenst came from sending technical informations from the German "classical
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Morodiene @ Today at 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: malkinOriginally Posted By: earlofmarOriginally Posted By: peterwsHow's everyone doing? Are there any easyish short ones left? Your idea of easyish peterws is vastly different to mine Yes. I'm afraid that peterws' easyish
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by malkin @ Today at 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: earlofmarOriginally Posted By: peterwsHow's everyone doing? Are there any easyish short ones left? Your idea of easyish peterws is vastly different to mine Yes. I'm afraid that peterws' easyish corresponds roughly to my im
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Hi guys.. So I shifted the speaker a bit.. put it on a stool instead of a desk and that seemed to do the trick .. to some extent at least.. eventually i'll get a pair of studio monitor stands for the job but for the time being this seems to work. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Funny but true... by Silver Keys @ Today at 08:07 AM

It could be that her parents owned the establishment. Anyway, I do think that it's awesome that she's out there as an early beginner. What my teacher told me about gigging out is that "it just has to sound good." (Meaning that, for the m
For this money (underlined and bold) it's hard to find something better than TP40GH on SL990-XP. Some rather expensive keyboards (Kurzweil, Nord Stage 2) still are using this keybed with some ajustment and selling for 5-8 times more money.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Today at 08:03 AM

Just checking in with you fellow Faber students if you are still out there in the cyber world...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by zrtf90 @ Today at 07:53 AM

What a great weekend that was, especially with Rupak showing up and adding some great stuff. I'm still not finished the Corr's - but helpfully, YouTube seems to remember where I last got to these days. I'm over halfway now. I never really listened t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha c1 or GC2 by BrianDX @ Today at 07:50 AM

myip; It seems you have two nice choices here. Please keep in mind that even the 2003 is over 11 years old, and depending on how it was used, cared for, and maintained it may have more issues than the 1996. However, if both were to pass muster fro
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching beginners by Olek @ Today at 07:47 AM

As Jonkie said, I am happy to give or call myself some colleagues in case of hurry or non availability but will not subcontract. Only on re stringing it may happen, or on case work, but i ten to do it all now. I know a colleague which is very effici
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Consignment Split? by Rickster @ Today at 07:45 AM

I know this is unrelated, yet related in a way... A member of our church was the sales manager at a local Ford dealership. One morning, out of curiosity, I asked him how much commission a salesperson usually made on the sale of a new car/truck (if
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: San Marino competition by outo @ Today at 07:41 AM

The finalists: Xu Gehui China Huang Miao Germany Kim Hee Jae Korea Kim Sangyoung Korea Melnikov Alexei Russia Park Sun-A USA I would have replaced one Kim with Taratushkin, otherwise no surprises there...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by zrtf90 @ Today at 07:37 AM

I've settled on some Dvorak, two pieces, for the next ABF Recital that I learnt early last year. I had problems restoring some passages, making huge mistakes in parts that felt quite familiar and still in memory but I've worked through them now and I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Essex EGP 155 or Yamaha Gc1 by wimpiano @ Today at 07:29 AM

Oh, by the way, the answer to your original question is: On pianobuyer (www.pianobuyer.com/acoustic_database.html) you can see the: MRSP (what the manufacturer suggests to the dealers to charge) and the SMP which is the Suggested Maximum Price to pay
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Essex EGP 155 or Yamaha Gc1 by PhilipInChina @ Today at 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkarianWelcome to Piano World. Quick questions: 1) Where do you live, generally speaking? 2) Why these two pianos in particular? Are they used or new? 3) What's the price difference? 4) What is the average cruising velocit
Hi there! I'm tempted to sell my PX-135 for buying a new PX-150. But I wonder if there are rumors or someone knows if Casio has plans to substitute the current PX-150 by a new model relatively soon. Thank you so much!
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles.
by OscarL
09/15/14 08:30 PM
WEIRDEST passage in Chopin?
by Mark_C
09/15/14 08:16 PM
Cleaning my piano.
by pianosNpreschooler
09/15/14 07:24 PM
1981 SCHIMMEL GRAND
by mellie62
09/15/14 07:14 PM
Wholesale price for piano dealer?
by dcnm50
09/15/14 07:01 PM
Who's Online
119 registered (AndresD, A Guy, 36251, ando, ajames, 32 invisible), 1307 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76209 Members
42 Forums
157549 Topics
2314103 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission