Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
80 registered (AndrewJCW, anotherscott, 36251, Bachus, Anne H, 22 invisible), 1017 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older! by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By MusicdudeMozarts are not created, they are born. that is a myth but exposing from an early age people who might have a natural skill for the kind of concentrated thinking classical music demands goes a long way towards produci
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older! by pianofan1017 @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Though I am not teacher. I think the early we learn the better? I don't know because I don't have this kind of opportunity as a kid. I always wanted to learn piano as a kid and go to conservatory when grew was my dream since I was very young. But my
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older! by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By musicpassionOriginally Posted By AZNpianoPersonally, I won't teach any kid who can't sit for 30 minutes. My friend asked me if I would teach her son, and I told her to wait until he's 10. And I'm being conservative with my esti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I enjoyed this little comic by cefinow @ Yesterday at 02:41 PM

If, as the author of the comic states, this prototypical married man, working full time, with two small children, should have six hours of free time to spend as he wishes, I would assume the other partner in the marriage must be picking up most if no
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video on the Value of Slow Practice by rocket88 @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By Noonie I think there is value in both approaches. A wise approach which is often the correct answer to the various methods/styles of practicing. My philosophy is to keep an open mind and never discount anything that has bee
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Emanuel Ax gives a 19th Century Lesson at the MM Festival by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/01/arts/m....html?ref=music
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Windows 10 thread? by bill5 @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

oops. posted in wrong sub-forum, pardon
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video on the Value of Slow Practice by Noonie @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

For those of us less experienced it's hard to say counting aloud is better/worse than a metronome. I bet some of the more experienced have different methods but would be close to equal in terms of how well they play a piece. But for the rookies, we
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By Doritos Flavouredsure, I play Bach with sensitivity set to 1 and a werckmeister tuning in the harpsichord in my DP This is one of the nice things about digital pianos - you can adjust such things to suit the music you're p
Jump to new posts Windows 10 thread? by bill5 @ Yesterday at 02:30 PM

?? What happened to it? Didn't see it anywhere else......
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older! by Musicdude @ Yesterday at 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By Doritos Flavouredif you stop exposing kids from an early age to the piano, how will you discover natural talents that actually enjoy it? parents that do it are right: they're trying to discover a path for their kids from an earl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: visited Pianoworks this week by Rickster @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

I've never met Sam personally, but I have exchanged a few emails, PMs and a phone call or two with him, and there is no doubt that Sam, his family and his business have a great reputation in the Atlanta area and the piano community in general. Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
Got it. When you're going slow, are you trying to keep to a consistent timing with a metronome? Reason I ask, I can play the first two measures at a good pace (say, 100bpm), but the next two measures is where I stumble, so I slow right down. If
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by Rickster @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By kalionaThanks for all your input. Now just have to decide if I want rent a trailer and make the drive to go get it. At that price, you might want to call and double check before you head out to make sure they still have it...
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By michaelhaI spoke with a couple tech's about action terminology and then did a little reading on my own. The terms I learned were downweight, upweight, inertia and balance weight. I found this article pretty helpful: http://www.p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: visited Pianoworks this week by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

Thank you for the kind words. I had fun, too.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

sure, I play Bach with sensitivity set to 1 and a werckmeister tuning in the harpsichord in my DP
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it always the same? by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 02:09 PM

why can't everyone accept tastes are different? why open up a can of worms with a troll thread like "please, choose the piano I should buy" If one is interested in a piano, just buy it. There's plenty of piano makers for all tastes and p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What exactly is unique about an Acrosonic? by DeadPoets @ Yesterday at 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By BDBAcrosonics used two different drop actions, and then they started making some consoles. I have also seen one old piano labeled Acrosonic which was a Hamilton on the inside and a fancy case on the outside, before Baldwin made H
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By Doritos FlavouredI jumped from the GHS to a casio tri-sensor and it was very worthwhile. Heavier, yes, but that just demands some practice for adjustment. Better responsiveness makes for better trills, one of the first things I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by kaliona @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

Thanks for all your input. Now just have to decide if I want rent a trailer and make the drive to go get it.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTMark, My proposal to evaluate the rebuilders skills would be to have the committee examine several examples of their work. The criteria would be written out and well defined. Think of how valuable that criteria
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older! by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By musicpassionSo.. you're suggesting the best age for learning is an age when a child learns more slowly? more slowly? going from absolutely nothing, without any experience whatsoever, they learn to walk and talk and aprehend abo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- Call For Submissions by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79Monika I didn't imply playing along with metronome. Instead I was wondering if metronome speed is your yardstick for quality Of course not, wouter. Playing it the way Einaudi plays it is my yardstick for quality. An
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My music by Brian As Himself @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By larryzI like your music. The first piece (piano only) is a set of variations. Where each variation is varied by rules governed by the minimalistic style(1). If my assessment of the style and form of you piece is correct, and yo
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice and info request: Colley & Co 1800's Square Grand
by PaulMarentette
08/01/15 06:59 AM
Yamaha p35
by ZeljkoM
08/01/15 06:25 AM
Steinway Console F Model
by DeadPoets
08/01/15 02:52 AM
A fresh Rachmaninov Paganini Rhapsody
by argerichfan
08/01/15 02:03 AM
Wedding Prelude Music
by Arghhh
08/01/15 01:59 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,214 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,906 Topics
2,431,817 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission