Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
104 registered (AndrewJCW, Amusingprofessor, beet31425, 31 invisible), 1209 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why are scale fingerings important? by rocket88 @ Today at 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By fizikistoContrary to popular opinion, the practice of scales is not a medieval torture technique designed to make students hate their piano. Whenever a student complains about scales, I play the Christmas Carol "Joy to
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Elton John's run by dire tonic @ Today at 11:30 AM

start with G,Eb together then down in single notes through D,C,A then back up through C,D,Eb,E,G,C down to B etc. There should be enough info there, the second run is based on the same idea.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By hreichgottI often reposition students' hands, fingers, arms and shoulders using my hands during lessons. Virtual reality has to get a lot better before I can do that over skype That may be a factor. My teacher did some of th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Joyce Hatto by Ralph @ Today at 11:24 AM

There are several old threads about this lady. I was floored when I first heard of it some years back. Hard to believe they got away with it for so long.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP30 out of tune? by Jay Roland @ Today at 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By oldmancoyoteMy understanding is that Jay is an employee of Roland whose name is Jay or begins with J (just like James Kawai is an employee of Kawai called James). My observation as a reader of the boards - and owner of a Yamaha
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Thank you for taking your time to write your post. In the meantime he already had a performance he was practising for. Just for the reference, here is the video taken a week after the above rehearsal. This time he did slow it down at the end a litt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to get cabinet spare parts for Petrof? by wouter79 @ Today at 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By swampwizI've decided to not sell it. Dealers want too much of a cut for me to get cash out, although perhaps I could still sell it on my own, but even then, I was not all that impressed with even the biggest of the uprights. I'
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jake Jackson @ Today at 11:15 AM

I'm looking forward to the rack module that has these pianos. In a year? Two years? Like many other people, I simply have too many keyboards that I don't want to sell or put away--my GEM RP2 or my Moxf7 or my Halo with the old Perfect Piano samples.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeats? by Ralph @ Today at 11:10 AM

If repeats are going to be played, and I think they should be especially with Beethoven, the second playing should be played differently than the first. There's always something else that can be brought out of a section if carefully thought through.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Queen Elisabeth Competition by hoohah2 @ Today at 11:09 AM

I've only caught up with the competition via recorded streams. Simply wow! The jury seemed to have done a fine job with the results. No complaints. The performance that sealed the deal for Lukas Vondracek - truly spectacular.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Soft pedal problem after tuning. by strawberry fields @ Today at 11:04 AM

Thanks Bob, I will check for this at my next lesson.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by oldmancoyote @ Today at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By BruceDIt's obvious why Bocelli wouldn't be influenced by the appearance of any instrument. He is the equivalent in the vocal world to what Liberace was in the piano world: glam, glitter and showmanship and much less to do with m
Jump to new posts Re: New Roland HP/LX Series Firmware by Jay Roland @ Today at 10:53 AM

Yessir, you should be good to go, using the global site. That's where I go for all my updates. Jay
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Craigslist Ad real? Shigeru Kawai by ebonykawai @ Today at 10:52 AM

I was, too, and hoping for some great pics and recordings! I hope the OP updates us, regardless. Maybe he got busy with other stuff. I myself am having a roof put on today, or I'd be out and about in the beautiful weather!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by Ralph @ Today at 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By Tim Adrianson Many thanks for sharing this; I hope a great many PW members have gone to school regarding this masterpiece! I know I have. This has been a truly great thread. I loved the playing and have learned a lot about a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Chopin Vs Liszt? by Carey @ Today at 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By Tim AdriansonHi Well, that may be true, but for me, virtuosity is too much the point in Liszt's output, whereas with mature Chopin, virtuosity is in service to larger poetic musical visions. Bingo !!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Faune vs La mer by Carey @ Today at 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By Mark_CDid you not know that the expression is figurative? You sure it was being used figuratively in this case? Even if I say the name "Samuel Taylor Coleridge"? But oh! that deep romantic cha
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: English Horn Concerto by Steve Chandler @ Today at 10:43 AM

It sounds like something Handel could have composed. As one who has noodled oin flute I'm aware that double reeds can play far longer without needing to breathe but I think your phrases stretch that toward the reasonable. The music is pleasant enough
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Thanks for the getback Jen. I'm so glad it went well.
Originally Posted By fizikistoAlexHermann, One notes that you could also get the excellent (for the price) Casio Privia PX-160 for that price, new and with warranty. It may be an option worth considering. Of the ones you listed, however, ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by chopinoholic @ Today at 10:42 AM

more.. 18. Medden (Simon) - Nuvole Bianche Truly played in the Einaudi way. A very dreamy performance with good use of dynamics. The hangover worked! 19. Brian Moore - Handel, Sarabande in D minor Beautiful Sarabande. Your trills are very nice. It
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Joyce Hatto by Isabelle1949 @ Today at 10:38 AM

I saw act show about this awhile back. Claim is her husband did this out of his love for her. I bet he loved his trips to the bank more! That's some nerve!!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Chopin Vs Liszt? by Tim Adrianson @ Today at 10:35 AM

Hi, Andrei! First, to answer your query: Chopin, and by quite a margin. Why? In broader terms, I regard Schumann and Chopin as THE most significant composers of piano music in the early Romantic era, wherein new freer forms of musical expression
AlexHermann, One notes that you could also get the excellent (for the price) Casio Privia PX-160 for that price, new and with warranty. It may be an option worth considering. Of the ones you listed, however, have you play tested them all?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano with a built in screen by BruceD @ Today at 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By RicksterOriginally Posted By BruceDWhy not upgrade to Office 2013? Once upgraded and for a modest annual fee, upgrades are continuous and keep all components of Office up to date. Regards, Good suggestion, Bruce. I suppose I'm
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Voicing
by ebonykawai
28 minutes 46 seconds ago
57 compositions combined into one piece
by Cassia
Today at 08:19 PM
Results, 2015 Roland Digital Piano Design Awards
by ElmerJFudd
Today at 07:33 PM
RD 800 : Weird high frequency sound on key D5
by Homerun
Today at 06:41 PM
Do you "hear" one hand more than the other? Should I?
by Ralphiano
Today at 06:36 PM
Forum Stats
83,837 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,053 Topics
2,529,656 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission