Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
82 registered (augustm, anamnesis, accordeur, AZ_Astro, asiantraveller101, 22 invisible), 1507 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When things get rough... by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

A very good friend of mine is going through end stage MS. It is a heart breaking situation at the young age of 50. If life gets to the point where going on living is up for question, then who cares about piano. Until then, keep playing, keep doing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

17. Pathbreaker (Tarik) - Variations on an Original Theme, Op. 21-1 Lovely playing. This seems a different side of Brahms, quite different from other works I have heard. I love the restrained drama in it. 18. Ganddalf - Rondo D-major, K485 Beautiful
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When things get rough... by AZ_Astro @ Yesterday at 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By outoI think what annoys me the most is that I don't have any lack of motivation to practice. I also do not question the point of playing anymore now that I can already butcher my favorite composers. I am mentally ready to tackle
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Vibration on pedals and bass section of the keyboard by Rguroo @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Hi, I got a broken wire and a technician changed it and did a fine tuning. Apparently he touched some other sections and regulated the piano (grand 7 6 feet) however, after a few hours practicing I felt a completely different touch and a big vibrati
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by coaster @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

Hooray Dr. S and Tim!!!! Congratulations!! So glad for Noah, too!!!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by jazzyprof @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

3-Round Competition Winners 1st place: Michelle Steffers 2nd place: Noah DeGarmo 3rd place: David Swenson Additional Awards: Most original programming: Noriko Masuhiro Best contemporary repertoire: Tim Adrianson Best romantic repertoire: Mari
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by dogperson @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to find a great tuner/tech? by Bob @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

Do you have university with a decent music department near you? You might email them for recommendations.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by ElaineAllegro @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

Voila! 1st place: Michelle Steffers 2nd place: Noah DeGarmo 3rd place: David Swenson Additional Awards: Most original programming: Noriko Masuhiro Best contemporary repertoire: Tim Adrianson Best romantic repertoire: Mari Ito Best classical reperto
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best Essential and "High-End" Digital Piano by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

Morodiene (and others) thanks for explaining that. I also hadn't thought about the X getting in the way. Even if your knees didn't bang into the stand, if you ever wanted to keep the piano set up, you couldn't slide the bench under it when not in use
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Raffi Arto - boogie woogie boy by Nahum @ Yesterday at 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79Interesting but I'm not too impressed. Perhaps in your area there are a lot of such children; in our - no one.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by prout @ Yesterday at 02:08 PM

The question really is - Is good piano technique required and consistant across all genres? If so, can that technique be taught without resorting to classical repertiore?
Jump to new posts Re: Best Essential and "High-End" Digital Piano by JoeT @ Yesterday at 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By drewrstCollapsing stand ...... ouch! With typical new portables weighing in around 25 to 60 pounds, it would require either an exceptionally flimsy stand design or perhaps a so so cheap stand supporting a negligent user with way
Jump to new posts Re: Raffi Arto - boogie woogie boy by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

Interesting but I'm not too impressed. The amount of echo from the church is a very bad fit with this fast boogie stuff.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading a score with bifocals by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

I love my computer/piano glasses (the same focal length works for both uses, for me). I have three pairs: one at work, one at home on my piano, and one in my piano bag to go to lessons. The piano bag paid were sort of an accident: I thought I'd los
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Individual Hammer felt replacing by Davemaster84 @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

Oh I see, thanks. Actually he is quite good but he hasn't work on it the sufficient ammount of time, I'll ask him for a full voicing and regulation and let him decide the curse of action, if doesn't work I'll asking again here soon. Thank you all
Jump to new posts Re: Best Essential and "High-End" Digital Piano by drewrst @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

Collapsing stand ...... ouch! With typical new portables weighing in around 25 to 60 pounds, it would require either an exceptionally flimsy stand design or perhaps a so so cheap stand supporting a negligent user with way too much gear and forte. I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have you ever seen an Astin-Weight? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Perhaps in the intervening 4 years the OP has lost a bit of interest. Have you seen the site rules about people in the trade?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have you ever seen an Astin-Weight? by BrihgamLarsonPiano @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

Yes! Our store has refurbished quite a few. They are wonderful pianos. Here's a video of one we recently refurbished. https://youtu.be/7Tj8koCysbQ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha G2: what do you think? by Bellicapelli @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

Hi, i recently found a used 1984 G2 medium grand for a good price. Looks good outside, sound on the inside ( to my not so trained eye) , and i like to play it ( sound is not sooo bright, and action is agile ) . I still have to show it to my teach
Jump to new posts Difference between Roland S2 and Lx-7 or Lx-17 by augustm @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

I played today a Roland S2, which is priced between the Lx-7 Lx-17. It is described here: http://www.maene.be/websites/1/uploads/files/products/folder-s1-s2-roland_7-6-2016_14_13_14.pdf It seems to have a six speaker system - which makes it simila
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by coaster @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

I guess we are not going to get to watch them give the results, as it says the Live Stream is ended. I keep refreshing the Facebook page but haven't seen anything yet.
Originally Posted By michaelviOriginally Posted By emeneltonIt's a mistake to buy an amp based on your ISP speakers. Get the Pioneer and a new set of speakers to suit if you want your setup to perform both for your dp and your home stereo or get a pa
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Albunea @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

Hey, this thread is now full with good and happy news.
Pianist Corner
The Alfred Masterworks Edition (ed. Maurice Henson) notes: "Liszt made two revisions: 1) A slow chordal section was inserted at the end of the second cadenza, prior to the final statement of the main theme before measure 53 (of this edition).
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
digital piano standing vertically - is it OK?
by jeroppi
Today at 08:05 AM
roland lx17 ringing sounds
by nelce
Today at 03:12 AM
Goldfinger (Bond) question
by FrankCox
Today at 01:56 AM
OT Required note/chord
by PhilipInChina
Today at 01:48 AM
S90 ES Switching Patches
by DIDC
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Forum Stats
84,794 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,796 Topics
2,551,034 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission