Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
105 registered (Albunea, 36251, accordeur, Andre campana, 33 invisible), 1594 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Are today's concert ppianists boring? by argerichfan @ Today at 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By Incongruous Famous classical musicians aren't usually that wealthy... I do wonder what pianists such as Argerich, Pollini, Schiff, Andsnes, etc are worth. Current prominent opera singers probably do better, though with Pavarotti
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: delete by 88Key_PianoPlayer @ Today at 01:59 AM

*deletes myself* *waits* Oh. that didn't work. Oh hey while I'm in this thread, I vaguely remember a thread several years ago that started out in a not so good way, like people hurling insults at each other or something like that, then turned into
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to locate a video of one of Liszt's pupils. by argerichfan @ Today at 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldi Grunfeld is remembered for giving Lang Lang and Kissin this to play . . . http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpXO9lfjow Thanks- that was fun! If you check out IMSLP, there are a bunch of other Grünfeld scores. The sp
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording a tuning by rysowers @ Today at 01:24 AM

That's exactly what I do Mark. I was taught to use a strip mute but was never satisfied with the stability. I would carefully tune all the center strings only to find that things subtly shifted after bringing in the unisons. Once I started tuning uni
Adult Beginners Forum
For me it's not just the feel of the action. It's the sound. Digitals are quite predictable. Acoustics on the other hand can be very unpredictable in sound. So when I sit in front of an acoustic I know that I will need to adjust my touch and balance
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital pianos - Can they get better ? by B3boy @ Today at 01:00 AM

I think I need to clarify myself because I believe it is more than being spoiled by a Steinway. I actually prefer the sound of a Rhodes on my CP4 or Nord piano to any of the acoustic piano sounds. The Rhodes must be much easier to capture digitally
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tightly fitting grand piano in small room by Steve Peterson @ Today at 01:00 AM

Depending on the size and power of the piano and room, and how reflective the walls are, you may still find it too loud. You can purchase acoustic paneling bass traps and the like to control the reflections and make the piano sound better in the roo
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By BrianDX Besides, there is a practical side to it. Hopefully at some point in the not-too-distant future I will "graduate" from my method books. At that point, picking a repertoire that is ability-appropriate is made eas
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Looking for Galt MacDermot piano sheets by frysh @ Today at 12:18 AM

Hello everyone, I'm desperately looking for piano sheets of Galt MacDermot following 2 tracks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikgvEKANy00 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeqNnH5Vcjw I looked everywhere but could not find anything. I even cont
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiCould be a second generation Lisztian: a Leschetizsky student, which casts a wider net. Or it could be just about anyone. I just did a little digging and found out that my grad school piano prof studied with Gyorgy
Piano Forum
Much like trying to locate an apartment to live in, being in the right place at the right time often works the same way when looking for a piano. Two months or so ago I was travelling towards a local shop on unrelated business when I found myself ap
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
I like this. Distinctive, not at all "canned" as some performances are. I don't agree with every interpretive decision, but I would really love to hear you play this on a better instrument with more dynamic range and better sound projecti
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 5-Finger Position? by Nahum @ Today at 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By Gary D. To me your "non-standard" fingering seems logical. I'm assuming this is swing because of the 8th note tripet, and where you have 5 would likely be over a chord change. I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Incredible Bosendorfer by Cassia @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

grace_note, I think more will probably eventually be made, but I didn't ask. So far, the only two have both gone to Classic. Rich, that may be what it is. It's times like this I wish I was a wealthy person. That would be my new piano if I could affo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Incredible Bosendorfer by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

It sounds like the latest version of the Bosendorfer 280. They are certainly wonderful instruments.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Incredible Bosendorfer by grace_note @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

Is it a new piano, and they've just now only made two...with more to come? I go to Portland a few times a year. Darn, I'm not due to go for awhile.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Casio PX-360 as a second DP? by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

The pivot point is at the same spot, however the hammers fold back under the keybed to keep it compact for our smaller cabinets and our portable smaller "slab" pianos... Jay
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Daniel Richter @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

I tried very few models: Yamaha P105, Casio PX-350, Casio PX-150, Casio CDP-120 and Kawai ES100. Many of the opinions here are base on other people comments, not only my experience.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: delete by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

May I take this opportunity to promote this amazing product to all you [delete] piano customers! Next time you have a cocktail party and invite your friends to get inebriated around your [delete] piano, you should have several of these around to soa
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Casio PX-360 as a second DP? by WarrenY @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Thanks Jay, for the additional details! Does PHA4 Standard have a shorter "pivot point to front" distance vs. PHA4 Premium? ... pictures will be nice if available.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What used grand piano would you buy with $16,000? by sam abdel @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By FurtwanglerSam...old buddy, old pal. Let me give you a little advice - now, this is strictly MY OPINION. Ok? Any Steinway A3 you might find that sells for less than $16k is most likely going to be shot. In need of complete rebu
Member Recordings
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to not "choke" when starting to play a piece? by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By HappyBeeMy teacher told me to never start playing until I am ready, and I tried taking a moment to pause before starting to play the song in my head, read the notes ahead, calm myself, look at the keys to locate the notes for the
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Casio PX-360 as a second DP? by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By Sandbo Despite of it being good, still not quite available in Ontario yet Arriving in our warehouse late next week Sandbo! So the news is getting better! Jay
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Talented Transfer Students by Brinestone @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By Piano*Dad 3. Families of neurotic parents who are always searching for just the right teacher, and Johnny never gets into a groove with anyone. Ha! I love your choice of the word "neurotic.&quo
Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The downside of the Nord stage 2
by Bachus
10/10/15 03:52 PM
Mustonen plays Prokofiev's Third Concerto
by Janus K. Sachs
10/10/15 01:47 PM
Baldwin info
by Mark...
10/10/15 01:07 PM
Micro-environment for piano in wood-heated home
by gingko2
10/10/15 12:02 PM
Kawai CA67 and 97
by joe80
10/10/15 11:39 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,993 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,432 Topics
2,453,794 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission