Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
133 registered (accordeur, Alegretto, ando, Anita Potter, 27 invisible), 1509 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: turandot The total of Yelp reviews for all actual piano dealers in the NYC/North Jersey area, (including big players such as Steinway Hall, Faust Harrison, and Klavierhaus) is one half of the total recommended reviews for Russe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brand New Grand - how much "damage" is OK? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Agreed with the others- pictures would be tremendously helpful. Having said that, the underside of the keybed (what you'd see if lying on your back, looking up at the piano) is often badly finished on new pianos. I've seen nicks, marks, empty screw h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why did my piano come with a chair rather than a bench? by George Palmer @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

You wouldn't rock in this chair for fear that you would fall. It's old.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: High school piano accompanist by BruceD @ Yesterday at 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: AZNpiano[...] This is the part of the job description that would raise some concern: "Provide other non-musical assistance to the High School Choral Director as directed." You better iron this out before you accept t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: turandot Michael, I have a question about the Yelp search box entry that you linked to in your post here. You entered “piano dealer” near “San Francisco, CA”. Search results yielded a piano moving service in San Jose, but did
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The definition of absolute pitch by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: KlinkKlonkI just want it to impress ladies At least you're honest!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brand New Grand - how much "damage" is OK? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

A couple of pictures would help us here tremendously. The word "cracks" has me worried. Gouge less so.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-5S Pro Stage Piano and Yamaha P105... by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Thank you for giving your testimony. I can partly relate to it, I had the P85 (Yamaha) and upgraded to PX-5S. Noticed a big improvement in dynamics right away. However the Yamaha DGX650 would be interesting.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The definition of absolute pitch by KlinkKlonk @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

I just want it to impress ladies
Piano Forum
Although not as common as the modern bench and the older round stool, piano chairs, many of them adjustable, have been around for some time. It was the custom for piano manufacturers not to make their own benches/chairs/stools, but to have them manu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brand New Grand - how much "damage" is OK? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

It's quite possible that you are referring to the bolts that hold the left and right key blocks. I can't think of any reason why the key bed to which the blocks are attached should have a couple of cosmetic blemishes. However, if this is a reputabl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: High school piano accompanist by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

Some questions to ask at your interview: 1) How many sites and/or schools? If there are more than one site, would your time and mileage be covered for traveling between sites? 2) Is there a stipend for rehearsals/performances and festivals? 3) If
Composer's Lounge
This is a strings & choir piece, by the way. The lines are meant to be vocal.
Composer's Lounge
Here's the score. I know- it's hard to read. Pencil doesn't scan well. http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/gsmonks/media/fugue1.jpg.html http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/gsmonks/media/fugue2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3 http://s1191.photobucket.com/use
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The end of the year .....blues by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

RaggedKeyPresser, hreichgott, Johan B , TheodorN , earlofmar, Elssa, AndyP, peterws Thanks for the encouraging comments, They are felt kindly. I guess the lack of motivation feeling, could be from some other problem I might not be facing o
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning problem or maybe something else... by BDB @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

The 161 may have been an older piano when you bought it, which would make it more stable.
Originally Posted By: anotherscottI agree that size isn't everything. There are numerous DPs that I think are better than the Kronos' with its 4.7gb pianos. But a 2 gb piano program from the same company that provides a 77 gb version is clearly not g
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Johan B @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: earlofmarmy recent ATOW of my first public performance was captured by my No 1 fan. Ordinarily I would be too embarrassed to post this, as the piece itself does not even come close to my performance of the same piece in the Nove
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning problem or maybe something else... by Piano RX @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

Jim, I have to assume that the design of the 161 and the 178 is similar just 6" longer. There were no problems such as this with the 161 and much to the contrary it was magnificent for it's size and price range. I'll work on getting you the
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: joturQuote:For 2014 - I'd like to continue the focus I was building up in 2013 during practice sessions. It just made so much difference that the rewards are incentive to keep going. I'd still like to average more than 1.5 hou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Your new musical goals for 2015; post it here...... by Johan B @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: joturI have a suspicion this is going to be a year of re-grouping. I think work will become more routine in Feb and I'll have space to think of playing again. I think at this point I'm just going to follow my nose and see what h
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The definition of absolute pitch by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: KlinkKlonkInteresting. What was your transcription process? I do a lot of them myself, but I'm such a hack. Did you do it by singing? What's all this fascination with acquiring AP? It's really not that useful. And having AP
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning problem or maybe something else... by Piano RX @ Yesterday at 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Patrick DraineYou probably should get a good referral for another highly qualified technician to tune it and give you an overall evaluation (measure tuning pin torque, recommendations for optimum damper and pedal response, etc.)
Jump to new posts Casio PX-5S Pro Stage Piano and Yamaha P105... by D7K @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

I've been playing for abut 2 years and thought I post a few things that I now know versus questions I had when I was first looking. 1. The Yamaha was a great first EP. The only thing I had any issue with was the slipperiness of the keyboard when I w
Adult Beginners Forum
I have a suspicion this is going to be a year of re-grouping. I think work will become more routine in Feb and I'll have space to think of playing again. I think at this point I'm just going to follow my nose and see what happens in 2015 - I think I
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
NAMM 2015 predictions?
by PianoManChuck
22 minutes 24 seconds ago
Regarding Chopin's Op. 27 No.1
by LFYM
45 minutes 24 seconds ago
Yamaha 5'7" Grand Piano Model GH2 - $6995
by Paul678
50 minutes 7 seconds ago
Best high-end compact Digital Piano ?
by oibaf
Today at 10:59 AM
Coursera: Introduction to Classical Music
by scorpio
Today at 08:59 AM
Forum Stats
77466 Members
42 Forums
160193 Topics
2352342 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission