Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
154 registered (A Guy, Amosdoll, anamnesis, 36251, accordeur, 41 invisible), 1350 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By Kawai JamesPlease understand that representatives such as Jay, Mike, myself, and a number of others who have contributed to the forum over the years, do so largely in our own free time. James, I do very much appreciate your and J
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about dynamic range by maurus @ Today at 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By CyberGeneHowever this could be a biased view since I am very picky about that problem and might have decided that there are "many" people complaining while in fact they are only a few. I
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by 9190 @ Today at 10:55 AM

Thank you for your detailed answer. I didn't expect it to be so complicated in this matter. Later I will slowly read your comment several times to better understand the question, which is not easy for my understanding. First of all, I became interest
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
More evidence of the value of listening to the jazz musicians one admires. I think they more than threw a record or CD on. They actively listened, with minimal distractions, and continue to do so.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you protect your fingers/hands (or not)? by griffin2417 @ Today at 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By gooddog...You only need one, since the hand holding the knife is safe. Unless you are extremely klutzy! Yes, there are days like that for me. I don't think a second glove will correct that, howeve
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KG 2S or older but rebuilt Knabe? by joe80 @ Today at 10:43 AM

Plus one to Swarth. I was answering the question as if it was a fait accompli that these are the only two pianos available to you.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KG 2S or older but rebuilt Knabe? by Swarth @ Today at 10:41 AM

I would advise patience, your boys have practiced for four years so far and as you go full on into the teen years there are two things that can help retain their interest, as that is where I've found most kids give it up, 14-16. If you can get them t
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about dynamic range by dewster @ Today at 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By Alexander BorroSome time afterwards I was reading the pianoteq manual and it states on page 54 that 50 dB is a sort of typical figure for an acoustic piano. I wonder where they got that figure from, and if it applies to a single
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone to watch for - Eric Lu by pianorigami @ Today at 10:40 AM

Pretty sure they messed up. George Li won best sonata. Eric Lu won best concerto.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing your musicianship by Dru Morgan @ Today at 10:38 AM

One, flat three, four... five, flat seven one! (yep, silly and totally memorable)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by wimpiano @ Today at 10:35 AM

Nope, I am not, however my better half is (still) less advanced at the piano. I have no doubt however she will catch up soon and leave me far behind .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone to watch for - Eric Lu by verqueue @ Today at 10:33 AM

They put the results on their site - http://chopin.org/2015-Chopin-National-Competition-Press-Release-2015-Winners-Announced.pdf
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing your musicianship by sinophilia @ Today at 10:33 AM

I took the course last year, it's very nice. I can still remember the pentatonic scale only because the teacher made up that silly song! Cool guy.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by Tom Christian @ Today at 10:31 AM

Originally Posted By wimpianoRobert Schumann himself suffered from a severe hand injury which prevented him from pursuing a concert career. Of course, Robert had Clara, by reputation the better pianist in any case. Problem solved. We're on our own!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wm Knabe & Co 1894 upright grand piano by Swarth @ Today at 10:21 AM

Only a qualified restoration expert could tell you if it even possible or worth the cost to bring your piano up to snuff. Uprights of this age are 95%+ useless as a piano and hold value mostly for sentimental reasons. The exception to this is those
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Moonsh1ne @ Today at 10:19 AM

Recorded Chopin's 4th prelude for my 40 piece challenge, and my first Chopin piece. Woo hoo!
Jump to new posts Re: N1 adding external speakers by Carlos-CR @ Today at 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By Bennevis I'd keep the PHA-III. The AG action is hard work (though not insurmountable) and I can see why there are concert pianists who like to do repetitive technical stuff on it late at nights, with the volume turned down. But
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone to watch for - Eric Lu by Valencia @ Today at 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By verqueue Sorry for offtop, but do you know who get other prices? There is no information about it on their site... Sorry I can't remember their last names, but George won 3rd and Rachel won second. and then George won a prize
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing your musicianship by Dru Morgan @ Today at 10:16 AM

Yes, my daughter is a singer and laughs every time he tries to sing the intervals. But, I can mentally skip past that part and am learning a lot about the makeup of scales, triads, and now major and dominant 7th chords. And, for my money, learning th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by Greener @ Today at 10:12 AM

Originally Posted By noobpianist90Originally Posted By Greener... We looked at this in a study thread along with several other Clementi works ... Thank you. Which thread is that? I would like to take a look at it. I haven't really done any analysis w
Originally Posted By lolatuOriginally Posted By peterwsTook a year for the shop to sort it out. That must have been quite a repair bill... Covered under warranty. Trouble was, I'd screwed two handles on it for carrying purposes. . . and used it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by wimpiano @ Today at 10:08 AM

Lol! I've gotta try Mendelssohn.. does he have anything accessible?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing your musicianship by Medden @ Today at 10:08 AM

I took the first two weeks of this course. It was easy to follow and interesting. The teacher's mucical style wasn't really to my personal taste, so I quit, but don't let that put people off trying.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by peterws @ Today at 10:05 AM

Originally Posted By wimpianoRobert Schumann himself suffered from a severe hand injury which prevented him from pursuing a concert career. It might have had to do with his own music. (Although possible mentioned reasons include: A mechanical device
Adult Beginners Forum
I follow a simple process of telling myself... Teachers know when students are making mistakes because of nerves. Teachers know pupils play much better unwatched, without distraction, and they expect and compensate for this. My teacher will notice
Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
String Covers and Volume reduction
by chickenlump
7 minutes 16 seconds ago
What piano chords are these?
by MJB97
26 minutes 11 seconds ago
Bach English Suites by András Schiff
by pianoman9
Today at 06:38 PM
College Audition Help
by LGR_Plox
Today at 05:32 PM
Opinions on Kawai KDP90?
by mnh
Today at 04:58 PM
Forum Stats
78,377 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,006 Topics
2,378,896 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission