Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
84 registered (anamnesis, accordeur, bananamber, alerique, 36251, 24 invisible), 1358 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha p255 or p120 by cuchuoi @ Today at 05:46 AM

In my country, used p155 is only 600$ and p120 is about 350$. With 700$ i can afford used CA91 for superior keys, sound resonance and vibration
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Level Classic Repertoire by SadieLady @ Today at 05:43 AM

I like the K. Snell Essential Piano Repertoire books. There is also a matching theory book that goes with each one.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Zimmermann piano by Gregor @ Today at 05:24 AM

Originally Posted By RicksterI think the Zimmerman is a Russian/old East German (before the wall came down) brand piano. I've seen a few myself in piano shops. I don't think they are known for high quality Zimmermann was founded in 1895 (long befo
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V Grand by joe80 @ Today at 05:18 AM

A cracked frame can be cold stitch welded, the soundboard and pin block can be replaced, the action can be replaced or rebuilt, in the UK such work costs about £20,000 and you'd end up with a very beautiful piano, but whether it's worth paying the m
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By outoI can see why Rach was so popular in US. And to suggest that he should have "trimmed" (=watered down) his compositions to better fit public's taste is quite arrogant To each their own I say... Rachmaninov regularl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Level Classic Repertoire by barbaram @ Today at 04:57 AM

There is a whole graded "Classics to Moderns" series, Book 1 is ~ Grade 1, Book 2 ~ Grade 2 and so on. I think the difficulty spread is much tighter in these than in the volumes you describe, Albunea. Book 2 also features a list in order of
Member Recordings
Hello to those who has seen the awesome gameplay of Ben And Ed. Here is my piano cover on the catchy main theme called "Let The Show Begin". Enjoy~| Piano Cover https://youtu.be/a8oRQl5AoD0 Piano Tutorial https://youtu.be/8MHHQMQ-7
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Tarantella by timq @ Today at 03:40 AM

Magnifico!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Playing from memory observation by Nahum @ Today at 03:34 AM

Maybe you are playing the other voices of chords too loud, and the melody cannot be heard ?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Need a 25 key piano for away practice. by happyhacker @ Today at 03:23 AM

I am learning Jazz and I need to practice whilst away or more quietly at home. I am looking at 25 key midi devices but I also need one with battery or p/s operated with good quality keys with a piano voice played into headphones. So a sort of midi un
Originally Posted By zigDoes the CS 11 compete with the NU 1 or the N1? The CS11 competes with the Roland LX-7PE and Yamaha CLP-585PE, although both models are a more expensive (depending on the market region). Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by Kawai James @ Today at 03:07 AM

Hello again Robert, Originally Posted By RobertJMThe CA17 - Does this feature MIDI capability, via USB connection, or only via the older MIDI I/O connections? The CA17 features both standard MIDI IN/OUT connectors and a 'USB to Host' for sending/re
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trills - Tone or Semitone? by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 03:03 AM

The trill will be in the key that is in that particular bar. So for example, if the F has not been made natural in that bar, you will trill E and F#. If it has been in the same bar, then trill it E and F. If in the same bar the F has been made
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 02:57 AM

Bruce, thank you very much for making this process less daunting for me! As an adult returner to the piano, and someone who has never participated in a piano program, who also has not performed publicly or for a masterclass in about 10 years, you've
Piano Teachers Forum
In the process of working with students (not too young)   I nudge them aside of independent thinking. Encountering problems, the student is required to ask the questions: "what went wrong", "why?" not only to teacher, but also to
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by Kawai James @ Today at 02:52 AM

Hello Robert, Originally Posted By RobertJMI had to ability to try out a few today and my notes are as follows - please add your own thoughts. 1) ES8 - Really great sound, good action and nice overall feel. 2) M11 - Better action and feel, no quest
Jump to new posts Re: Need help recording audio from a Roland FP-30 by Thomas B @ Today at 02:52 AM

Hi Keyes, if you can not get it to work with your current gear which should be capable of producing a decent recording it won't make it easier with more gear. I would not recommend buying the Focusrite interface. You need to adjust the levels on bo
Mil, direct comparisons are difficult. The CE220's action will likely feel closer to an acoustic piano, due to the mechanism of the action and movement/material of the key. However, the ES8's action is more modern, with 3-sensor key detection, let-
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Our Adventure to the NEW Grand w/pictures by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 02:45 AM

Medved, I have not played one myself but my piano teacher has performed on one. She said that strangely enough, after about 20 minutes of playing on it, her body naturally got used to the intervals and she was able to perform after a 30 minute rehear
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An easier way to placing "Pivotal Tones" CM3's? by erichlof @ Today at 02:41 AM

Hi Chris, Agreed! :-) After a while of using this method, I got a 'gut' feeling of how fast the initially guessed A3-C#4 is supposed to beat (at least pretty close). Then there is less time needed for correcting those initial notes - and more time
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1996 George C. Stack 5'5" vs 1995 Baldwin C 5'7" by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 02:38 AM

Good luck on your search. But just for your information, a decent upright (I would recommend 48-52 inches) are perfectly fine instruments up to a very advanced level. I know quite a few university students and diploma certified pianists that have
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by SiFi @ Today at 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_CP.S. Not to stir up any trouble ....but what about this thing Kreisler said..... Originally Posted By KreislerI have a feeling gender bias is going to be a topic of discussion. Did y'all notice what all the finalis
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An easier way to placing "Pivotal Tones" CM3's? by Chris Leslie @ Today at 02:15 AM

Erich, that method is another variant on the principle I suggested earlier . Maybe better because it initially gives you F3-A3 which is a good place to start.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by phantomFive @ Today at 02:12 AM

That's too bad, I was hoping to hear your concertos
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lol by phantomFive @ Today at 02:10 AM

Debussy shows very clearly that it's a G
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chopin Fantasie-Impromptu Op. 66
by Dktenor
46 minutes 45 seconds ago
No line-in input: recording question
by Stephano
47 minutes 57 seconds ago
Some Damper Levers Too High
by bananamber
49 minutes 49 seconds ago
What music is this? Brahams I think
by Isabelle1949
Today at 08:42 PM
Two Young Chang Options: G-150 4'11" or PG-185 6'1"
by PianoPapaNC
Today at 08:15 PM
Forum Stats
84,101 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,554 Topics
2,536,254 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission