Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
146 registered (5pence, Ahmedn1, alexii, 36251, ajames, 38 invisible), 2462 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Concert Grand by Carey @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By DavdocA few months ago, an apparently high-school student posted here inquired about obtaining a Young Chang G275 concert grand, also made in 1988. He also lives in Colorado. Here is this past thread. If I counted it corr
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By CareyAnd while we are on the subject......here's yet another alleged photo (death-bed this time) of Chopin taken by Bisson. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/03/10/AR2011031001937.html To me, that p
Pianist Corner
And while we are on the subject......here's yet another alleged photo (death-bed this time) of Chopin taken by Bisson. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/03/10/AR2011031001937.html
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dampp Chaser Dehumidifiers in Baldwin M? by rysowers @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

80 degrees won't cook the piano! You really have to get it to 160 degrees to make sure its safe to eat - stick a meat thermometer into the soundboard to make sure.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Here are the product CN37 and CN27 product videos from Kawai Europe (German language first, English to follow shortly): Enjoy! Cheers, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Inability to adapt to heavy keys? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Hi Nicholas, I don't remember the exact weight, but I own a piano with a fairly heavy action and one of the things I like about it is exactly what you mention -- fast, technical passages are more difficult on my piano than on almost any other piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there an official "One Month to Recital" thread? by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By MarieJI'm a long way from running out of challenging Einaudi pieces to learn, so no prizes for guessing who my composer will be. I'm attempting 'Leo' - if I can get my fingers around those trills! Can't wait to hear it!
Jump to new posts Re: "Best" piano sound - Kawai, Yamaha, or Roland? by TonyB @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisI had to tweak my V-Piano to get the sound I'm used to from acoustic grands. (I wrote a long post about my customized settings for several well-known brands of acoustic pianos.......about six years ago ). I agree that
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Concert Grand by Davdoc @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

A few months ago, an apparently high-school student posted here inquired about obtaining a Young Chang G275 concert grand, also made in 1988. He also lives in Colorado. Here is this past thread. If I counted it correctly, this city now has th
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By JoelWDoes anyone know anything about the Bisson studio? I wonder if it still exists. Nope. from Wiki..... "Louis-Auguste Bisson (French: [lwi oɡyst bisɔ̃]; 1814–1876) was a 19th-century French photographer. Bisson
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dampp Chaser Dehumidifiers in Baldwin M? by kpembrook @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By Ed A. HallAre you rods plugged into a humidistat? If not, your setup is missing a key component and could be damaging your piano. It's like having an air conditioner or furnace or portable heater without a thermostat!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stride Piano by john f @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

He sure has a fast hand. Sounds good. I wonder at my age if I can ever get my hands to move even half that fast.
Jump to new posts DP for 6 year old beginners by SSK @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Hello all, My 6 year old twin girls have started their piano lessons recently and I am in search for a good Digital Piano that they could use for practicing (and some fun) at home for next few years. I have no experience or knowledge about pianos, o
Jump to new posts Re: "Best" piano sound - Kawai, Yamaha, or Roland? by polo1 @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

All of this talk regarding tweaking the Roland to sound great... is very interesting...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Hi Sarah, Thanks! In this case (Nobody Knows the Trouble), what you are hearing is the output directly from the digital piano into the camcorder. I have Pianoteq on the computer and it was recording the midi (although I can record directly to a usb
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by Beakybird @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Maybe the neighbor is pestering him because the Casio is so noisy. I would also look at the Roland FP90 (which I own) because it has a great feel and has great piano sounds in it already. It's the same price as the VPC1, and as a controller, it's a
Pianist Corner
Does anyone know anything about the Bisson studio? I wonder if it still exists.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By chasingrainbowsAs an update, I held this teen's spot open for 6 weeks. Tomorrow was her return date, and today I received a text from the mom saying the teen does not feel well, has a fever and her
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by Ottawa58 @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

Personally, and everyone is different, when I was looking around, I couldn't find the combination of action and sound that I liked. I loved my old Kawai action but disliked the sound. My next set up when it's replacement time will separate the two. I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By XenondiFluorideLiszt grosses Koncert solo I realize you're having fun here, but I have a soft spot for the Liszt. Certainly the great B minor sonata of a few years later is far more satisfying, but for those of us who dearly love
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

Hello mdjanalyst, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new piano. Thank you for the kind words. May I wish you both all the best learning a new instrument! Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Ah, that's also a good consideration. Same action as the CNs, with EX, SK-EX, and also the SK-5 samples. Cheers, James x
I have a Korg Kronos-2 88. And I play classical piano 95% of the time. The action is surprisingly good - and certainly superior to all the acoustic junk I take lessons on at the music school. It is not quite as good as my old MP10, but almost, and th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsI haven't replied, b/c this is my opportunity to tell her I closed her slot (which I planned to do this evening at work). For some reason, I am conflicted. I often am concerned about the effect dropping a student
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By Orange Soda KingSchumann's Toccata Op. 7 is a great way to open a recital with a bang! Then where does one go from there? I'd start with the Czerny Toccata, of which the Schumann is clearly modeled on. Otherwise... I once we
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help Identifying a Piece
by alexii
17 minutes 53 seconds ago
what can be said of a 20 year old Baldwin grand?
by rotundra
Today at 01:59 PM
"I" and "We" Composers
by pianoloverus
Today at 11:42 AM
New Piano Sound
by RonaldSteinway
Today at 11:16 AM
The Royal Academy of Music Museum. London, UK.
by Maximillyan
Today at 11:13 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,284 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,837 Topics
2,589,589 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission