Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
Starts March 13 in NY!
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
127 registered (Almaviva, agraffe, agent8698, ajames, 20 invisible), 2428 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by John Habeeb @ Today at 05:23 AM

Great
I have just swapped my Yamaha P95 DP for a Kawai ES110. Why? The P95 sat unused for a couple of years after I bought my new-to-me grand. But when our quiet neighbourhood became a hive of building activity, recording the acoustic turned into a frustr
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 vs LX-17 by Doug M. @ Today at 05:20 AM

Originally Posted By pinkfloydhomerIf only used with headphones, are the two exactly the same with regards to sound and action? In other words, could he do the same thing on the FP-90 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPJP65EMK50 Only way to know is
Jump to new posts Re: re: the digital thump by Goss @ Today at 05:12 AM

If this noise was heard on the video camera's recording using an external mic : was the auto gain switched off? Also, I have a canon video camera with an externally mounted mic that changes its function according to the visual zoom used - it switches
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" --- NEW THREAD by Peakski @ Today at 05:11 AM

USER LOCATION: UK MAKE: Roland MODEL: GP-607 CONDITION: Showroom demo (1 month old) PRICE PAID: £4000 DELIVERY CHARGE: Free VENDOR LOCATION: UK, Surrey VENDOR NAME: Anon PURCHASE DATE: Feb 2017 Just emailed all the official Roland dealers offering
Jump to new posts Re: Sound Reproduction? by Peakski @ Today at 05:02 AM

Great explanation Goss. Keys - if you simply Google "Hybrid vs Digital Piano" you will soon pick up the differences.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 vs LX-17 by Goss @ Today at 04:59 AM

Yes Homer, they are exactly the same. DP603 HP603 HP605 FP-90 KF-10 LX-7 LX-17 GP-607 áll the same.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by barbaram @ Today at 04:59 AM

Just to add to the above - it was Cat_W in May 2015 who played the piece for left hand alone: http://recitals.pianoworld.com/wiki/index.php/Nocturne_-_for_left_hand_alone_-_Wunder,_Patrick_M._-_Cat_W_(Katharina_Wittfeld)_-_Recital_38_May_2015
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rolling the LH by Ted @ Today at 04:58 AM

On the occasions I do write this sort of figure out I prefer to write it exactly as I play it, using a compound time such as 12/16, then there is no ambiguity about swing conventions or triplets. This page illustrates the effect I would try to play i
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 vs LX-17 by Peakski @ Today at 04:51 AM

A quick check on the Roland website shows that they both use exactly the same PHA-50 keyboard and they both use exactly the same SN sound modelling. So there should be no difference through headphones in either sound or action.
Jump to new posts to upgrade,that is the question...! by jamess @ Today at 04:49 AM

Hi All. I've got a much loved Yamaha YDP161 which I've had since new. I've realised this is quite old now and maybe an upgrade might be worth it (?) - The sound and keyboard feel seem to have progressed a lot in the newer pianos I've played a Yama
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by barbaram @ Today at 04:48 AM

Well done on the move SwissMS, and I'm guessing that you managed to get your rental piano moved too given that you made it to the bench afterwards- kudos! ToneDeaf, your trip sounds great. I had no idea about St Pierre et Miquelon, I'm feeling a lit
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 vs LX-17 by EssBrace @ Today at 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By pinkfloydhomerI'm asking whether the keys, action and sound engine are exactly the same. I'd put money on them being the same. Any perceived differences will be just that, perceived, possibly due to the difference in physical
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: School of Ragtime by Scott Joplin by Nahum @ Today at 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By john fIs this advancing of the beat done mostly at chord changes? Or at other times also? Both - within the chord and between chords. Imagine that in the second bar the harmony is changing ; in the previous bar in the left h
Jump to new posts Re: School of Ragtime by Scott Joplin by john f @ Today at 04:30 AM

Today I downloaded the suggested levels of Scott's pieces. I also downloaded Something Doing. Something Doing looks a lot easier than The Entertainer. I will sort of follow the suggested levels as a guide while learning Scot Joplin's pieces. Rome w
Jump to new posts Re: re: the digital thump by EssBrace @ Today at 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddRe:transmitting through the floor. Yes! I do think a slab on an X stand adds to the thumpiness. But a stereo condenser mic is usually shock mounted as well. So I don't believe it's coming up the stand to the recordin
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No wood bush into iron plate? by Maximillyan @ Today at 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By BeemerOriginally Posted By BDBThe pins go in the pin block, which is just below the metal plate. The hole in the plate is bigger than the hole for the tuning pin. The pins do not touch the plate. I think he made an interesting
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts The general definition of "improvisation" by Nahum @ Today at 04:23 AM

Improvisation - a spontaneous reaction of human being to what is happening at the moment inside and outside of him , through the use of means accessible to him.
Jump to new posts Re: School of Ragtime by Scott Joplin by john f @ Today at 04:22 AM

Is this advancing of the beat done mostly at chord changes? Or at other times also?
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 vs LX-17 by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By GossI think perhaps Peter means the 'feel' will be different - the LX17 has the mass of its cabinet - the weight of it and perception of it, behind it, while the fp90 would sit on a stand. Psychological difference and difference
Jump to new posts Re: Sound Reproduction? by Goss @ Today at 04:22 AM

The soundboard transducers are interesting in that they produce a sound using a soundboard, just like a real piano - the sound will come from a very large surface area on the back of the piano. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voIP4agegL4 The main b
Jump to new posts Re: No wood bush into iron plate? by Beemer @ Today at 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By BDBThe pins go in the pin block, which is just below the metal plate. The hole in the plate is bigger than the hole for the tuning pin. The pins do not touch the plate. I think he made an interesting point. Whilst I accept tha
Jump to new posts Re: No wood bush into iron plate? by Maximillyan @ Today at 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By BDBThe hole in the plate is bigger than the hole for the tuning pin. Is it bigger 1-2 mm?
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 vs LX-17 by peterws @ Today at 04:18 AM

I'll take my headphones. I'll be comparing them with good ole Pianoteq!
Jump to new posts Re: Fatar tp40wood "Ivory Feel" by EssBrace @ Today at 04:15 AM

It isn't quite matte. It has a satin sheen. It is the 'grain' or pattern in the surface that is possibly a tad exaggerated. I'll go and take some pictures.... It is nothing like most modern acoustics - which ironically just have plain shiny plastic
Page 8 of 17 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 a worthwhile investment?
by pianano
03/01/17 02:06 PM
No discounts for Essex pianos?
by Matgab
03/01/17 01:31 PM
How often should a piano be tuned... A good video clip!
by Piano Practice
03/01/17 01:04 PM
Tips For Making People Feel That Your Performance Is Effortless?
by keykeyzkeys
03/01/17 12:30 PM
1982 Steinway L Tuning Instability
by Brock Tyler
03/01/17 12:24 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,848 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,811 Topics
2,603,114 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission