Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
88 registered (anotherscott, 36251, ando, Amosdoll, AndyP, Allochi, 18 invisible), 1035 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
If the child has had five recitals already, she probably started too young. In any case, she knows enough to know it's not going to contribute to her current success. Why not just let her learn pieces at her own pace? Is this about stage fright or
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A realization by MRC @ Yesterday at 05:05 PM

I often use the fourth finger, and sometimes (rarely) the fifth. In The Art of Piano Playing, Heinrich Neuhaus writes that there are eight different fingerings for chromatic scales, six which he considers to be so well known that he doesn't bother t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New NY Steinway vs. New Shigeru SK6 by phacke @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

Thank you very much Mr. Kerman- Much impact and much overtones, with warm resonance behind. the side bar in youtube has many other versions for comparison Yeol Eum Son, From the Van Cliburn competition 2009, also on NY Steinway. www.youtube.com/wa
Piano Teachers Forum
Some of those pieces I got to skip. Others, the teacher's pulled out the "asparagus clause"; eat it because it's good for you not because you like it. She offered to let me skip Psalms because she knew I was a non-believer. I laughed
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniOriginally Posted By mabramanWell, they prefer to do the job at the store, that's all what I know. I guess it takes some good hours to tune and voice, and we're five minutes from each other, by car. My gut tells m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital pieces and repeats …. by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1I have a piece that I wanted to play in the next general recital, but it has many repeats that make the song 2 or 3 times longer than it would be without. like maybe 6 mins Understandably, if I were singing it, it--
Pianist Corner
Why try to emulate pianists who are gifted with easy learning capacities? Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli had a great career based on only a few works, which he played again and again in concert. Richter might have learnt a lot of music but he played
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by dmd @ Yesterday at 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaSo this, at its highest level, would be like "singing" at the piano without voice. I mean, music would come out of you the way it comes when singing. Maybe I should practice recognition of notes more than sight
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 04:49 PM

I've heard "Taranta Project" but I don't have an opinion about it, yet... And you?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by keystring @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

KurtZ, I'm following this thread with some interest. Can you give a bit of a quote, because I'm lost in regards to what you are responding to re: reading.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Traditional (less than) One Month to Recital Thread by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

I did some takes today just to hear the piece and understand which details I need to improve. So, I'm almost ready to do the final take.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital pieces and repeats …. by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

piano_primo_1, it's not a matter of "duration", and you shouldn't be worried about that in particular. You may present what makes sense for you, and that means being faithful to the score OR playing your version. Anyway, go for it!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

Let's be careful our terminology. Reading is knowing what the dots and lines mean in pitch and rhythm and using those skills to learn or play a piece already learned but not yet memorized. Sight reading is playing a piece from sheets, hands toge
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music holder not big enough by MRC @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

You could get an Adapt-a Stand. Alternatively, and maybe even better, get a woodworker to make something similar, in keeping with the style of your Perzina. It should be pretty easy to make.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by pv88 @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By MRCThat little click which is only felt when depressing a key very slowly is not the only thing that defines the feel of a real escapement. The most important feature for me, as I said before, is the decrease in the resistance of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by sirwormsalot @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

thanks Does this work? http://www.mediafire.com/listen/c1r5clirlru75zp/Italian+Concerto.mp3 http://www.mediafire.com/listen/b85bb4im1i17ref/Moonlight_Sonata.mp3 Newbie audio engineer here, had some gain issues with the microphones trying out blum
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by LadyNemesis @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

Thank you so much, that's well explained and surely answered my question! I got confused because I saw various things on YouTube, but your explanation definitely makes sense.
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai RX-3 lower string buzz... by BoisePhil @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Thanks Steve. Yes, I have the string buzz either way. I just sent the following note to my dealer... The "offensive" keys are D#-2, E-2, F-2, F#-2, and A-2. The F# and A are the worst. When you drop the fallboard slightly you can see t
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Did anyone catch the wrong note? Just kidding. A very effective piece and performed very well. Thanks for sharing!
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do I post queries about my piano? by BDB @ Yesterday at 04:24 PM

Post it in the main Piano Forum. I think it will be difficult to identify this piano, but you have traces of a decal. Go to the Decals Unlimited website, and see if you can find one that looks like a likely candidate. You can do this better than
Pianist Corner
I know plenty of (accomplished, of course) pianists like Ashkenazy, Richter, Leslie Howard, Barenboim, John Ogdon and Horowitz, to name just a few off the top my head. Those are just the ones considered legendary, though... I know a teacher from my s
Pianist Corner
Quick note that the concerto starts around 30 minutes into the video, but Christos has a lot to say, some of which will get through, even if it's in Greek! OSK: Thanks mate!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital pieces and repeats …. by Albunea @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

I think 6 minutes is long.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin 2015 Prelimary round winners video links by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

Thank you for posting this. It's really odd that there are no Japanese guys (only women) in the prem winner list. Wonder what happened to them.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by Albunea @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

It's a pleasure to read you, jotur. I might be able to find Christmas carols sheets in some book shop here. I went to several music shops trying to find books for self-learning and checked the ones with sheets too, but the songs are not familiar to m
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rehanging hammers
by rysowers
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
Yamaha CP4 Best Buy!!!
by tnsettlemo
Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Grand Piano House name change
by newgeneration
Yesterday at 08:59 PM
Exercises for syncopation
by DeadPoets
Yesterday at 08:54 PM
Valentina Lisitsa--web site
by Bech
Yesterday at 08:04 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,055 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,573 Topics
2,400,151 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission