Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Michael Sayers Maybe Piano World can look at dispensing with anonymous accounts. That and charging a minimal fee for membership would get rid of a lot of the harassers. Why pay to harass someone
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer electric piano sound by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

I'm undoubtedly bias, but I think the EPs on the MP11/MP7 are really great. There are some nice Reed (Wurlitzer) EP demos on the MP website: http://www.kawaimp.com/mp11/media/audio/ The Yamaha CP1/CP5 also had excellent EPs. Cheers, James x
Pianist Corner
Tony - What pop and classical pieces do you already have in your repertoire?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Famous mistakes by concert pianists by JoelW @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Roland sale finalized by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

PianoMan Chuck gives his thoughts on the matter.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Good popular and classical songs for a piano gig? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

Fur elise and Fantasy impromptu are really good songs.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by JoelW @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Neither of them are at fault. Markings are simply what the composer hears. Whether to actively try to emulate that or not is another discussion.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: faulty_DamperOriginally Posted By: VidYes, Hamelin seems to use rubato where the score indicates rall and a tempo - such liberties! This is the difference between a musician and a typist: a musician can hear on his own, a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: faulty_DamperOriginally Posted By: VidYes, Hamelin seems to use rubato where the score indicates rall and a tempo - such liberties! This is the difference between a musician and a typist: a musician can hear on his own, a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael Sayers Maybe Piano World can look at dispensing with anonymous accounts. That and charging a minimal fee for membership would get rid of a lot of the harassers. Why pay to harass someone here when it is possible to do
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by Hakki @ Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: gooddogOriginally Posted By: HakkiIf you haven't done so yet, you might enter amateur competitions. I am sure, by the end of your third competition that last bit will drop to 5%. Ha Ha! That's both scary and encouraging. It's so
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Grands then playing The New Roland by dewster @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: sullivangI played a grand briefly (before the shop assistant yanked me off)... Must have been in one of those Australian adult piano shops I keep hearing about.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Good popular and classical songs for a piano gig? by Tony Romo @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Here is an incomplete list of pop and classical songs I am considering doing for an upcoming gig. I am mostly playing for an older audience. Please add to it, I am in need of some suggestions!!! You can suggest popular classical songs too!! Cha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: gooddogOriginally Posted By: Michael SayersWhen I see the trolls posting I don't even want to get involved in the thread as one's voice risks becoming immersed in a sea of "sound and [of] fury, signifying nothing." Tha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by faulty_Damper @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: VidYes, Hamelin seems to use rubato where the score indicates rall and a tempo - such liberties! This is the difference between a musician and a typist: a musician can hear on his own, a typist must be given instructions.
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by Macy @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: MacMacMacIf you're just playing the piano software, you won't need an SSD. It's a waste of money for this purpose. I'd recommend just the opposite. SSD's solved all my piano problems with Ivory II. I'd never use anything but an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano player wanted... by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

step 1....forge myself a clam license step 2....become a piano player step 3....get a green card (how hard could that be) Ok I'm in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mystery Alternate Ending to Rach's 2nd Concerto by Louis Podesta @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: doctor SI dunno...I played this once...with all the notes. Entremont sounds like he might have been running out of steam? It sounds like he's simply playing descending octaves in both hands: C B A GG E (?) (you wizard transc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

Aside from Godowsky's technical achievement in the composition of this work, there is also the musical element, and there are some very beautiful passages in both the prelude and the fugue.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by MALDI_ToF @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

A lovely recording! Amazing what can be done with one hand.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Famous mistakes by concert pianists by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Schnabel had a giant memory slip in the last movement of the Mozart K488 concerto, and improvised for a while while the orchestra stumbled confusedly along. Rubinstein made the same memory slip twice in the scherzo of the Chopin B flat minor sonata
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by gooddog @ Yesterday at 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: HakkiIf you haven't done so yet, you might enter amateur competitions. I am sure, by the end of your third competition that last bit will drop to 5%. Ha Ha! That's both scary and encouraging. It's something I've been considering
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Grands then playing The New Roland by sullivang @ Yesterday at 07:02 PM

I played a grand briefly (before the shop assistant yanked me off) and it felt dreadful compared to my Casio PX-330 - it just didn't work at all for the somewhat "technical" piece I was trying to play - the action and the sound, AND my fing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by gooddog @ Yesterday at 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersWhen I see the trolls posting I don't even want to get involved in the thread as one's voice risks becoming immersed in a sea of "sound and [of] fury, signifying nothing." That is so unfortunate and is tr
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer electric piano sound by sullivang @ Yesterday at 06:59 PM

I think there's a fair bit of choice now - that PX-5S demo does sound very good. (better than the sound Roger Hodgson uses live these days, that's for sure) I liked the demo recordings of the Kawai MP11 too. Nord's sounds ultra-real: https://www.you
Page 8 of 22 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 >
What's Hot!!
LAST CALL - Piano Newsletter Ideas!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
76 registered (BarryDMD, Al LaPorte, ando, AndrewJCW, Allard, 23 invisible), 1295 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75498 Members
42 Forums
156117 Topics
2292573 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How To Improve?
by Xagan
07/24/14 05:59 AM
Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro
by sislermi
07/24/14 02:42 AM
Need advice on buying a Yamaha Disklavier
by Lady
07/24/14 01:17 AM
Surge protection?
by TX-Bluebonnet
07/24/14 12:01 AM
Opening up an old Piano
by musicNow
07/23/14 11:11 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission