Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
some rebuilders of vintage pianos and antique furniture dealers recommend humidity 55-65%. If you buy a damp chaser then your only option is to use the wet version , i believe it's set at 50%RH. Better yet is another adjustable system called moist
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Proper chunking method by Ataru074 @ Today at 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: TimR With easy beginner pieces that may not be as much of a problem. But one of the reasons for chunking is to simplify enough that you can play something at tempo. So I would suggest adding in at least a little bit of work wi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz pianists and posture by keystring @ Today at 01:32 PM

I disagree with much of what is in this post. Originally Posted By: Sweet06I think you guys are super caught up on something that's not important. From a physical therapy point of view, posture is good to keep well for your own health sake, unless y
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by prout @ Today at 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: keystringOriginally Posted By: Mark R.By the way, in German, we do exactly what you are calling for: we simply call the intervals a fourth ("Quarte") and fifth ("Quinte"). When I first started formal music th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with a Bluthner by Gatsbee13 @ Today at 01:28 PM

I would be kind of weary of that piano.. It is coming from a piano rental shop so who knows how many times it's been rented
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mac mini for software pianos? by David Farley @ Today at 01:23 PM

Something from the rumor mill... http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/07/mac-mini-mid-2014-briefly-appears-in-apple-support-document/
Jump to new posts Re: M-Audio Oxygen 88 vs. StudioLogic Numa Compact by Digitalguy @ Today at 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: KbeaumontI have owned an M-Audio 88 Key controller/piano a ProKeys 88. Are you sure it's the same action as the Oxygen 88? There are some positive reviews on the Oxygen 88 on the web, eg http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboard
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a setup for jamming at home by Gretel @ Today at 01:22 PM

Is the loop station on your computer or is it a dedicated device? Do you control it in realtime while you play?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by BruceD @ Today at 01:20 PM

J.S. Bach had twenty-three children and he practiced on the spinster in the attic! Cheers!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz pianists and posture by paul abrahams @ Today at 01:19 PM

I"m a jazz piano teacher and feel that good posture is essential. Yes, Keith Jarrett goes into contortions and his health suffered badly as a consequence. My students, because they are improvising and 'getting into it' they hunch forward, tap th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some interesting finds in a museum visit today! by LarryShone @ Today at 01:12 PM

And finally a collection of old instruments And this. Cant remember what it is called
Originally Posted By: KariniozaYamaha DGX650. But it is expensive and I was looking for a digital piano with the same sound qualities and touch but maybe with less features. I was wondering if I could spend less than $400... Yamaha P35 has the sa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some interesting finds in a museum visit today! by LarryShone @ Today at 01:11 PM

And round the corner, this organ, the nameplate saying Estey? Pipes!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Some interesting finds in a museum visit today! by LarryShone @ Today at 01:06 PM

Took the kids to a butterfly world today, and next to it is a museum which we visit every year. It celebrates times past, how people lived in the old days, and I spotted an old upright but on close inspection I saw it was a player piano. No name but
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Plowboy @ Today at 01:06 PM

My tech told me at one visit she'd need to do a pitch raise on my Essex. She always went through the tuning twice, so the pitch raise didn't seem any different to me, and there was no extra charge. Must have been very minor. Originally Posted By: Tw
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Arnaldo Cohen by vlhorowitz @ Today at 01:04 PM

Couldn't agree more about the Scherzos and your assessment, wr. I heard him perform these on Sunday, and my goodness, he's a wonderful pianist... @sophial: It's not a typo. I can't say whether or not he LEARNED to play the scales at age 21 (unlikel
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by keystring @ Today at 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark R.By the way, in German, we do exactly what you are calling for: we simply call the intervals a fourth ("Quarte") and fifth ("Quinte"). When I first started formal music theory lessons in English, after
Pianist Corner
When I was a kid, I already liked listening to music. And my parents listened to classical music a lot. Me and my sisters all started with piano lessons at the same age (about 7), and I turned out to not be too bad. So I stuck with it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Help with a Bluthner by Classicalist @ Today at 12:54 PM

Hi PianoWorld, I currently have a deposit down to hold a Bluthner at a local store here in Los Angeles. The piano itself seems to be from the early 1900s. And the store owner explained that it has been very lightly used and not much restoration has
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by keystring @ Today at 12:54 PM

I have disagreed before with the suggestion that fifth (or third), when teaching music theory, should be taught without a qualifier. That would create confusion later on as the theory advances. I taught the three levels of rudiments as per the RCM
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a piano: under $11k by Norbert @ Today at 12:37 PM

Quote: - Ritmuller GH160R (5'3'' grand): I absolutely loved both the sound and the touch! Fullest, warmest sound of any chinese/indonesian/korean made baby grand thus far, and the action was quick and responsive. The bass was not compromised, and I
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: PlowboyOriginally Posted By: MkenThis guy: Quote:Tony Cicoria was a doctor specializing in orthopedic medicine. He was struck by lightning one night and instead of dying like a normal person, grew an intense need to play beauti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to study harmony through Bach by laguna_greg @ Today at 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: RogerW Bach's harmony was most certainly not rudimentary. Yes, it was. It was ingeniously implemented, but still rudimentary compared to harmony from the romantic, impressionist and 20th century eras.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Plowboy @ Today at 12:33 PM

The Well Tempered Cleaver reveals the shocking story of JS Bach's secret life as a serial murderer haunting the streets of Leipzig.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: earlofmarWould love to hear a your version of Nights in White Satin. The Moody Blues were one of the first more progressive type bands I started to listen to and always have a soft spot for them. I always used to hear those ly
Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
117 registered (a-z0-9, 36251, A Guy, Abby Pianoman, 33 invisible), 1682 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156292 Topics
2295368 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Marc-André Hamelin discusses Rachmaninoff
by vers la flan
30 minutes 39 seconds ago
Baldwin E250 1998
by sort
Today at 08:11 PM
Shostakovich and Prokofiev
by Verbum mirabilis
Today at 06:01 PM
Used piano buying choices
by BrianDX
Today at 05:55 PM
You & Your Piano
by DancerJ
Today at 05:12 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission