Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by puff @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

david-ca ; " If this is how it works that's great" That's correct, and control the Nord's volume with the dedicated Input slider on the MP7. Not that i've used the audio ins yet though. Ive mostly been creating my own tailor made versio
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by A443 @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: rnapleYou ever wonder about carpal tunnel syndrome in people typing? It is overuse injury. They aren't typing wrong. It's overuse. They need compensatory movements to overcome that. They just keep doing the same thing all the ti
Jump to new posts Re: The Best Choice ? by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 03:27 PM

Morodiene Thank you for your advice. I will select a bundle option from Kraft. I have two foldable music stands already. So I will looke for an option that gives me a small amp and headphone.
Piano Forum
Hi all, seems like a universal advice to just move the piano out completely and find a friend with a floor space to spare in their house for the duration is the best bet. I guess it's time to find a good mover and find out prices so we can budget f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber by Withindale @ Yesterday at 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: A443TIP: listen to the video at 1080; the audio is less compressed. Seems to 360 only, how to listen at 1080?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

evamar Good work, and excellent progress on your second take. This is what it`s about. I see you lot making progress; I struggle to hang onto what I have! Have fun . .
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by A443 @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

@EM Deeka, I'm not sure what your level of understanding is, but let me break this down for you. 1. Composers compose whatever they want. 2. Theorists then come along--after the fact--and try to figure out ways to explain and organize different musi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

Pathbreaker Very well played, sounded quite the pro . . .lovely stuff!
Piano Forum
Hi all, we have a Kawai K8. love it. Anyway, we've been experiencing mysterious disappearances of various items that are associated with this piano.. first was our felt keyboard cover. one day we took it off to play and then it went missing. th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

Elssa The Platters were good. You make me very aware of my age. Wife says "About time too" . . the second one, Twilight; I`ve played that somewhere, but can`t remember where . . . You`ll like this;
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by keystring @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: rnaple Bear in mind also. The fingers in golf are the opposite of piano. In golf, you eliminate any control from the fingers. In piano, the control in fingers is everything. Actually .... that view might actually explain your
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven 10/3 Study Thread by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

Well, Ganddalf, I read this right after getting back from Easter services and feeling a sad sense that I'll miss playing this piece every day, so maybe I will indeed make a recording before taking it out of the "high priority" music crate
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by fastlanephil @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: david_kaWell, the first thing I thought of was to be able to layer them. Using pads from the nord with piano from the kawai. If the pads on the Kawai is good, then I may not need to layer them. If so, it could be better to use
Jump to new posts How did YOU get started on software pianos? by doremi @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

Receptor? Laptop? Pianoteq? Ravenscroft? Hardware has been moving towards software, the question is thus directed to those pioneers that made the switch, thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: clavinova clp 115 by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

Peter's right. This is an old (2003) model, and bottom of the line. Not a very good piano in any case (32 note polyphony, one-level sampling). So the price quoted is much too high.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT: John Passion by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 03:00 PM

The John Passion is a little less known here then the Matthew Passion, the Matthew Passion is a big thing around here in the weeks before Easter. Maybe even bigger than in Germany. I love the John Passion because it's more intense then the Matthew P
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by EM Deeka @ Yesterday at 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: A443@EM Deeka, music theory is understood in terms of the keyboard. That is the origin of the current analytical system of organising and understanding compositional structure and relationships. Theory IS piano/keyboard. You cou
Piano Forum
Sounds like you really need to move the piano out and back again. Leaving it in there during such a major rebuild of the house doesn't seem like a good idea! Pianos like a stable environment of temperature and humidity; packing in plastic while the h
Piano Forum
+1
Adult Beginners Forum
1.) If you are in pain, don't play. Repeat, don't play. That will make everything worse. Take a few days off (or a few days right hand only if the right hand doesn't hurt). If a few days rest don't help then go to the doctor. Once the pain is gon
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber by A443 @ Yesterday at 02:55 PM

uhhhhh...well...mmmm....I guess my point was: perhaps we could talk about ANY aspect of piano that doesn't lead to a commercial agenda. That is not interesting; that is not a discussion; that just is...[stupid]. OK, so we shouldn't talk about techni
Jump to new posts Re: clavinova clp 115 by peterws @ Yesterday at 02:50 PM

The CLP 115 is of 2003 vintage. It`s probably 12 years old, and won`t have any benefits over the new model you`re considering, which is a tried and trusted safe option. With the usual guarantees. I would forget it. Happy fishing!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Piano_Brazil @ Yesterday at 02:50 PM

@CalvinB: Thank you for all the important information you shared about your product since the first post. As I understant, this forum exists exactly to be used with this purpose, with no ethical impairment. Unfortunatelly, after the first pages this
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Polyphony with Polyphonist - Installment 1 by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 02:46 PM

I will include imitation in the next installment tomorrow.
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil SP5-8 as main studio keyboard/stage piano by Thomas B @ Yesterday at 02:46 PM

Around 1000€ there are few alternatives from what I know. You might get a good deal on a Kawai MP-6 now that the MP-7 is out. Other alternatives would be a Casio PX-5S or the new Studiologic Numa Stage which feature actions that are more "pian
Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
104 registered (angga888, antony, Ashish, Anne'sson, accordeur, 31 invisible), 1230 Guests and 45 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153619 Topics
2251509 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Noodling board
by Maarkr
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
New Movement Composed "To Rule" 4/20/2014
by hsheck
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Understanding Sharps
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 08:18 PM
When a beginner is not a beginner anymore?
by Eight Octaves
Yesterday at 08:09 PM
DEBUSSY-"Serenade for the Doll" from 'Children's Corner'
by Hal Freedman
Yesterday at 07:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission