Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
102 registered (Amir, anamnesis, Albunea, 36251, 12Tone, Alexander Borro, 26 invisible), 1177 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Étude in D# minor by Bullard @ Yesterday at 05:57 PM

How else, then, would I,,,convey, , the profoundness of, , ,,, the words, I type? ------^^^-__----^-------( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_----- Riggeroni, B diggles
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by Jytte @ Yesterday at 05:56 PM

Can files get jet lag ?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C7 with Player Piano system by Cflux @ Yesterday at 05:56 PM

Gotcha. I just don't like acoustic pianos that play themselves
Adult Beginners Forum
so are there simultaneous pitches happening in cycles 5 and 6? don't know if I have a hope of those. maybe after people will have to post tips for figuring those tunes out.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By David BoyceCheck 1) the backcheck - has it got pushed forward somehow, or is it in line with its neighbours at rest? 2) that the jack flange is secure in the wippen and hasn't risen out of it due to the glue joint failing 3)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by Greener @ Yesterday at 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88... Or they may not want to bother with that, and just record it and pass it on at the tempo they received it. I think that's perfectly fine too. TL;DR: metronome marks optional, for those who care to use them.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by Jytte @ Yesterday at 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By GreenerOriginally Posted By Polyphonist ... From this point forth, tempo ... will be noted at the start of a new cycle. Are we supposed to pay attention to it too? Dunno about this one. That i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C7 with Player Piano system by BDB @ Yesterday at 05:49 PM

An original Disklavier is more valuable than if it had been an add-on unit.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 05:49 PM

CYCLE 6 Difficulty level - Intermediate Length - 6 bars Suggested metronome mark - 72 to the half note Composer - Polyphonist 1 - dire tonic 2 - Saranoya 3 - Greener 4 - PianoStudent88 5 -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by Jytte @ Yesterday at 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By dire tonicPublish and be damned. Go right ahead I passed on that one.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by Greener @ Yesterday at 05:48 PM

CYCLE 6 Difficulty level - Intermediate Length - 6 bars Suggested metronome mark - 72 to the half note Composer - Polyphonist 1 - dire tonic 2 - Saranoya 3 - Greener 4 - 5 -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 05:47 PM

[cross-posted with lots of people. I see Polyphonist has said this already, and more succinctly.] Greener, I don't think you would have to use a metronome. You can listen to the tempo as you receive it, and see if you can record it and pass it on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 05:47 PM

CYCLE 6 Difficulty level - Intermediate Length - 6 bars Suggested metronome mark - 72 to the half note Composer - Polyphonist 1 - dire tonic - PENDING 2 - Saranoya 3 - 4 - 5 -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:46 PM

is cycle 6 available already? I've just signed. It might help me sleep.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

CYCLE 6 Difficulty level - Intermediate Length - 6 bars Suggested metronome mark - 72 to the half note Composer - Polyphonist 1 - dire tonic 2 - Saranoya 3 - 4 - 5 -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 05:44 PM

CYCLE 6 Difficulty level - Intermediate Length - 6 bars Suggested metronome mark - 72 to the half note Composer - Polyphonist 1 - 2 - Saranoya 3 - 4 - 5 -
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By PianoStudent88 keystring asked whether people experience being misled (either aurally, or in other circumstances when reading a score) by what they expect the music to continue on doing, so the person doesn't grasp what the music
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whisper project - things learned, thoughts discussions by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By PolyphonistI'm beginning work on the Cycle 6 excerpt. I'm going to err on the conservative side in terms of difficulty level. 8 bars again or something shorter? It is 6 bars.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By GreenerOriginally Posted By Polyphonist ... From this point forth, tempo ... will be noted at the start of a new cycle. Are we supposed to pay attention to it too? Dunno about this one. That is not a whisper ... to me. I rar
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By dire tonicPublish and be damned. So be it. Also - ANNOUNCEMENT: CYCLE 6 OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by Greener @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By Polyphonist ... From this point forth, tempo ... will be noted at the start of a new cycle. Are we supposed to pay attention to it too? Dunno about this one. That is not a whisper ... to me. I rarely use a metronome. Suppose
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 05:39 PM

CYCLE 6 Difficulty level - Intermediate Length - 6 bars Suggested metronome mark - 72 to the half note Composer - Polyphonist 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Publish and be damned.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Keith D Kerman Pretty sure he dislikes the content and approach to their marketing rather than its results. I get that, but you have to admit it's been a great success.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By GreenerWhere did Cycle 1 V1 end? This one should be the same. We were just waiting for 2nd file to complete. But now, I can't remember. Cycle 1 V1 finished with Rerun. Cycle 2 V2 also finished with Rerun, except Jytte did not
Page 8 of 19 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway Centennial Square Grand?
by Eric Gloo
05/30/15 09:23 AM
First acoustic piano
by Dave Androos
05/30/15 08:46 AM
Use of volume in digital pianos (with and without headphones
by Albunea
05/30/15 08:26 AM
which sound card for using Kontakt with Yamaha YDP-181
by LHC
05/30/15 07:02 AM
Gabriel Morel
by musicpassion
05/30/15 02:04 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,466 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,438 Topics
2,412,439 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission