Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
89 registered (AZNpiano, augustm, AprilE, andyvn579, 20 invisible), 1078 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overcoming nerves by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By PamDD . . . My teacher suggested that I record my practice. I like the idea of finally being able to prove I can play, but in the long-run, how helpful would that be since she can't see how I'm playing? Many people find
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is a tone spreader ? by Guapo Gabacho @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Tone spreader or manure spreader, same difference.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kosenko, Poem Legend, Op. 12, No. 1 in Em by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Thanks for uploading the new recording David. I did get to listen. What an exciting and lush piece. Your way of playing it definitely emphasizes the rhythm which I thought was fun. I also wondered what might happen with a slower more wandering tempo.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by INBoston @ Yesterday at 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenQuote: . . . She seems quite gentle in her approach, not that that's bad at all, but I guess I sort of expected the "bull-by-the-horns" "hit-hands-with-a-ruler" type teacher I think that most t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by INBoston @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By rocket88Here is a book that can be a big help with the theory: http://www.amazon.com/Essentials-Complete-Training-Workbook/dp/0882848976 Thank you thank you! I just ordered it and look forward to trying to retain things with
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by Puylly Fog @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

Indeed, but in this case they mentioned a 6 year old. I still think parental involvement is required for as long as they are the invoice payer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

Quote: . . . She seems quite gentle in her approach, not that that's bad at all, but I guess I sort of expected the "bull-by-the-horns" "hit-hands-with-a-ruler" type teacher I think that most teachers who work with adults, find
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by rocket88 @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Here is a book that can be a big help with the theory: http://www.amazon.com/Essentials-Complete-Training-Workbook/dp/0882848976 I use this theory book/workbook with my students. It has proven to be very helpful and user-friendly. It starts out at
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progress reports? by INBoston @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

I was one of those students when I was a kid. I rarely practiced, my progress was normal at first and had slowed down when actual practicing started to matter more. My parents gently encouraged me to practice, but didn't make me. I did it if and when
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ForScore: Bluetooth Footpedal Problem by newbert @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By MacyOriginally Posted By MarieJ (I'm also wondering why you would hold the pedal down all the time, and lift and press down to turn the page. I only press the pedal when I want to turn a page.) I always rest my foot on the peda
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice - and what happens when there isn't any? by ajeales @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Ha! Indeed! Having read the article that TimR submitted, it's written by Tom Erwin, a retired trombone teacher who previously worked at University professor level... So a number of differences are predictable: 1. His advice is geared toward those
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice - and what happens when there isn't any? by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By keystringIt is interesting how the article submitted by ajeales, and the article submitted by TimR, say almost the opposite things. I think the two articles are talking about different things! Sure they both say something about
Jump to new posts Re: ForScore: Bluetooth Footpedal Problem by newbert @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By newbertOriginally Posted By MarieJHave you tried to turn pages in other supported apps such as iBooks, using the Bluetooth pedal? At least that would give you some idea as to where the problem may lie. I'd be very surprised if
Jump to new posts Re: RD 800 volume pedal issues. HELP!!!! by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 01:25 PM

As I understand it: The BOSS FV-500L pedal is a volume pedal that doesn't plug into the "pedal" input of the RD800: . . . It works directly on the _audio output_ (the "Line Out") of the RD800. So you connect _between_ the RD800
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice - and what happens when there isn't any? by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

The brass teacher piece seems to be aimed at setting expectations: you'll not win a competition if you don't practice n hours. On average, I probably spend 20min/day on the piano. Not on some weekdays, more on weekends. We're on this for a year now
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by dogperson @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By Puylly FogHi dogperson, I think I understand AZN point of view. At the end of the day, parents are also part of the team. The teacher only spends a few minutes a week with the students, and that is the time they have to motivate
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: February Piano Bar by Pover @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

Bill and peterws, genuinely enjoyed your performances! Can't comment on specifics since I'm not that experienced on that, but I thought they were both very well played (and sung, Bill) and are great additions to the piano bar this month
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is a tone spreader ? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By PianoWorksATLTension Resonator - metal turnbuckles as structural redundancy for piano's wood frameDoes "redundancy" mean you think/know that the tension resonator is really of no value? I thought there was no proof eith
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

I think Frederic L's suggestion should work fine. One "good" headphone output on the FocusRite will be enough,and the LX-7. The LX-7 stereo input jack is compatible with iPhone-type devices, and you should be able to feed "headphone-
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing Renner Hammers by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

Am looking forward to further advice Rich G has if you can supply info he requested. In the meantime, my experience is there are technicians to whom you can explain the sound you'd like and through well-known techniques and sometimes a little sorcery
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: assessment on a 7 year boy. Is he lack of fundamental skill? by LXXXVIIIdentes @ Yesterday at 01:07 PM

Your son looks delightful! He seems to enjoy performing, and can do so reliably. He is doing very well for his age, and developing a nice sense of musicality. The only thing I might suggest is: where are you? You obviously have access to grand pi
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: A video of my disciple by Nahum @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79I recommend to attach the support struts of the lyre of that piano ;-) I'm not sure that in this case the piano will remain at the same place :):)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by prout @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

NIST and the equivelent organization in other countries provide audio frequency standards via radio, phone, and internet. Even with atmospheric errors, jitter and the like, the accuracy exceeds the precision of the ETD being calibrated. Edit: I wo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To those who think they need a great piano to progress ... by Woody-Woodruff @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

Have you seen your old Tokai after it was re-homed? Molly was wondering.
Jump to new posts Re: ForScore: Bluetooth Footpedal Problem by Macy @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By MarieJ (I'm also wondering why you would hold the pedal down all the time, and lift and press down to turn the page. I only press the pedal when I want to turn a page.) I always rest my foot on the pedal between page turns. It'
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Learning your chords
by johan d
02/10/16 01:31 AM
Seeking advice on a compact digital piano
by joshjackson
02/09/16 11:19 PM
Piano Competitions Need to use new Concerti - J. Biegel
by Piano World
02/09/16 05:29 PM
2016 Chicago International Duo Piano Competition
by Piano World
02/09/16 04:48 PM
International Piano Competition - CA - March/April 2017
by Piano World
02/09/16 04:40 PM
Forum Stats
82,529 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,377 Topics
2,493,761 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission