Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
71 registered (Bellicapelli, augustm, 5/1/19249, beet31425, AB99, 16 invisible), 1411 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 07:50 AM

Hi all, Tomorrow I have my lesson again. These past two weeks had their ups and downs. I feel I made progress on some pieces, but also have feelings of underachievement. I had days were I practised two hours and also days, sometimes two days in a ro
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by lvojnovic @ Yesterday at 07:48 AM

Originally Posted By michaelvi Congratulations for your achievement !!! I also started this January and I also can practice up to 1 hour on workdays, and 2-3 hours a day on weekends. I just was going to write here about what got me excited this week,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 20 Year old Bosendorfer 200 - but never played? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 07:35 AM

Personally, I do not particularly like a player system on an acoustic piano either; especially if I'm the one who is going to be playing it. But some piano owners/buyers do like them and they have their place, I suppose. With that said, I've read
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Hamilton baby grand by Pianohopeful @ Yesterday at 07:22 AM

Hello, I need a bit of advice. I was given a baby grand piano and before I had a chance to have it moved some idiot tried to push it on carpet and broke a leg off, of course causing the piano to fall. I am now hesitant to get it in fear of way to muc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ Yesterday at 07:07 AM

Well done lvojnovic! Michaelvi, it's so easy to fall into the trap of measuring ourselves against others. This "Achievement of the Week" thread is *really* not about that! It's about finding something positive in our piano week, no matter
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Seeking piano teacher recommendations in London, UK by Nadia @ Yesterday at 07:07 AM

Hello, I am an adult player and just recently relocated to London, UK. I've had good luck finding a teacher through this forum in the US, and so I'm trying my luck again I've been learning Liszt's Un Sospiro and Rachmaninoff's Barcarole for 4 hand
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Accoustic Piano in silent mode vs Digital/Hybrid Piano by pianistje @ Yesterday at 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By NotaBene It won't be perfect the first day, but that piece with its repetitions is really nothing hard to play on a silent piano when you play it everyday and have adapted to it. Now if you had been talking about Rimsky-Korsakov'
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need help finding a piano teacher in Chicago by Nadia @ Yesterday at 06:54 AM

I used to study with an excellent teacher around Logan Square, though I'm pursuing the classical piano playing off sheet musics route. I can't really comment on his abilities to teach improvisation and jazz piano, but he was extremely nuanced with cl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 20 Year old Bosendorfer 200 - but never played? by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 06:52 AM

Thanks for the replies. The pedal function seems fine. In all ways the piano feels comparable to new 200's I have tried. I would rather it did not have the player system, but it doesn't fell like it has any affect in how the piano plays. The store ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by michaelvi @ Yesterday at 06:51 AM

Originally Posted By lvojnovicI got myself a piano after my 30th birthday in December and found a piano teacher in January. I always wanted to play a piano so I try to practice whenever I have the time; around 1 hour on workdays, and 2-3 hours a day
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 20 Year old Bosendorfer 200 - but never played? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 06:45 AM

I would suggest focusing on its condition, rather than how frequently it was or wasn't tuned.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 20 Year old Bosendorfer 200 - but never played? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 06:44 AM

Have you checked the function of the pedals thoroughly? That can be a problem sometimes with older player system retrofits, and not an inexpensive one to fix, if it bothers you.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue by Menachem @ Yesterday at 06:37 AM

Played by Menachem Har-Zahav from the album "Piano Classics" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_nzYDwjQe0
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Competition by I like Piano @ Yesterday at 06:34 AM

Hello GrandPants, I understand that accuracy is a key point in competitions. That is why I focus on practicing slowly in the places I mess up a lot. Especially in the Haydn sonata, inaccurate notes are not too friendly to the pianist. Great job in t
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: Using Laptop To Play MIDI on Yamaha MX-100 Disklavier? by grandpianodave @ Yesterday at 06:28 AM

That's great, I'm getting the MIDISWING going now. As for midi files, I really like them all if they're from live performace. Especially high-level jazz.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By lvojnovicHi, I am rather new to the forum. I got myself a piano after my 30th birthday in December and found a piano teacher in January. I always wanted to play a piano so I try to practice whenever I have the time; around 1 hour
Quote:What you don't measure here is that no matter what piano you're playing regularly, it will never be the piano you're playing when you're asked to play outside of your home, and you need to develop a technique to adapt to what it is as is in min
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Rachmaninoff Prelude, Op. 32 no. 10 by Menachem @ Yesterday at 05:53 AM

My name is Menachem Har-Zahav and I am a touring concert pianist. I've played in the US, UK, Italy, Switzerland, Holland and Germany. I currently live in Germany and play about 60-70 concerts per year depending on how many can be scheduled. I don'
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Pocomoto @ Yesterday at 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By MossySFVisually, that does look like another sample layer. I guess the next question is whether on a real acoustic Kawai these samples were recorded from, do you need to do a karate chop to hit those notes? Of course, this is t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 20 Year old Bosendorfer 200 - but never played? by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 05:51 AM

yes, there 'could', but there is no problem intrinsically in that situation. your description sounds consistent with a piano that has been in a stable condition, and one not likely to need more than average maintenance, if it was being played by the
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Bambers @ Yesterday at 05:49 AM

They do blend, see the mp7 entry in the dpbsd thread.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Semi-Detached House by Narj @ Yesterday at 05:44 AM

I'd imagine that if it's not a solid floor, a lot of the lower frequency sound transmission will head next door through the joists. I was told that castor cups can help minimize this (with at least a layer of rubber).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about VAT by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 05:21 AM

I purchased a Bechstein in Germany and the dealer subtracted the German VAT (19%) and then added back the Swiss VAT (8%). This was a dealer near the Swiss border who regular dealt with Swiss customers. In Switzerland, you are supposed to declare anyt
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by lvojnovic @ Yesterday at 05:10 AM

Hi, I am rather new to the forum. I got myself a piano after my 30th birthday in December and found a piano teacher in January. I always wanted to play a piano so I try to practice whenever I have the time; around 1 hour on workdays, and 2-3 hours a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 20 Year old Bosendorfer 200 - but never played? by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 05:09 AM

I am considering the purchase of a 1996 Bosendorfer 200 that has not had much use. A father purchased it for his daughter to play, but she quickly lost interest. It has a player system installed, and reportedly they only played the piano that way. I
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Semi-OT: Piano store owner's story of getting stiffed
by Mark_C
09/30/16 12:43 AM
Considering Yamaha CP 300
by dmd
09/29/16 11:53 PM
Ritmuller GH212R's difference from smaller size grand ?
by pianoforte365
09/29/16 11:39 PM
casio vs korg for realistic sound
by Bolster
09/29/16 10:00 PM
FREE Blues Piano Licks
by Greg Lloyd
09/29/16 07:10 PM
Forum Stats
85,111 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,426 Topics
2,559,145 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission