Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
78 registered (BearLake, Beakybird, Baroque Style, agraffe, 21 invisible), 1549 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Sheet Music Resources and How to Print by hello my name is @ Today at 12:49 AM

Is it because you need glasses or because you're just starting out at reading music? If the latter, it will get better! On my Mac if you click "print using system dialog" there is an option to increase the scale %. It's definitely doable
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tiny hands by hello my name is @ Today at 12:43 AM

I can't quite imagine it either, unless you're wanting that 5-finger scale to be legato then I could see it being a problem to have tiny hands
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginners: Strengthening the left hand by hello my name is @ Today at 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoIt's hard to say. Maybe he has some issues with his left hand?? You can always try Hanon with L.H. alone. He actually has double jointed knuckles (the ones closer to the fingertip), does that count as an issue? It's p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Watch Trifonov perform live at Carnegie Hall NOW by Polyphonist @ Today at 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By toughboI had gotten a bit bored by The Triff myself Then you must be an idiot who doesn't know the first thing about music. According to some here, at any rate.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My first orchestral track - What do u think? by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

I like it! One of the very few computer generated pieces which I feel has some real knowledge of composition operating behind the scenes. You melodies are beautifully supported by the orchestra. More please!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Nord Piano 3 - no 73 key keyboard by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Take a closer look at the Kurzweil Forte 7. http://kurzweil.com/product/forte7/ 76 keys The action is similar to the NP3 It does great pianos It does much more than great pianos - the NP3 does not do more than great pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Nord Piano 3 - no 73 key keyboard by cphollis @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Well, not so fast. The Nord Piano is all about trying to recreate the acoustic piano experience in a stage piano that's lightweight. There are those of us who would argue that 88 keys (and three pedals) are integral to that experience. I'm OK wi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pomodoro technique for pianists by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

I would try it out, but I haven't allocated any time for trying out new websites!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New baldwin pianos by Lakeviewsteve @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Have you contacted Baldwin to ask them more about the silver stuff? Here is a link to where you can send them questions. Best of luck to you in your search! http://www.baldwinpiano.com/Contact-Us.aspx Steve Bösendorfer 170
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal unequal temperaments by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By Lucas Brookins RPTMaybe I can make a video of me tuning the outer octaves of the EBVT tomorrow.. Maybe you can start a different thread if you want to talk about EBVT. Kees
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsI called the mom, who didn't answer, but the "teen" immediately called me back to ask why I was calling. I replied that I wanted to speak to her mom prior to her lesson. Mom called me and I explained th
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Want to learn Jazz - looking for song book by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

The Tim Richards "Blues" book says that it needs "intermediate skills", and I think that's right. He has a lot of tunes written-out, and lots of ideas for licks, and lots of suggestions for how to structure improvisations. It
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By keystringI've written CA97 because that's what I have now, but I'm sure most other better dp's fit the bill. This is a thing I've begun wondering about now that the basic things are going smoothly. So: I have the jack outlets
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By proutYep. In the sixties, there was a short-lived, futile attempt to record a symphony orchestra in an anechoic chamber. The idea was that recording stereo in a hall, then playing it back in your own 'hall' distorted the sound.
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by prout @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacDoes anyone wish to drop the chatter ... and respond to the OP's inquiry? I see Charles Cohen has. Does anyone else remember poor keystring? The OP's questions were answered early on in the thread, if you had taken tim
Jump to new posts Re: Casio touch response settings by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM

I also run my PX-350 on "Heavy" touch. I found that gives me a good range of MIDI velocities (about 13 to about 117), without pounding, or needing too-light-to-be-consistent "ppp" playing. I learned as a kid on a baby grand, and
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginners: Strengthening the left hand by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

Keep calm and keep practicing and don't be frustrated about being a beginner.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Sheet Music Resources and How to Print by FrankCox @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

You can print a PDF at any size you like. Many printer drivers have a "scale" option that you can set (look under Printer Options or something similar to that.) You can also load a pdf into something like gimp and scale up or down to what
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tiny hands by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

I'm having trouble picturing hands that small. I teach students as young as 3 and I have yet to see hands that can't do 12345 on a 5-finger scale.
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with recording Yamaha P255 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By nylan3Oh my god what a relief. I tried what Morodiene said once again and used two mono cables and it worked. Turns out I did not understand that I had to put the channel input to stereo haha... Thank you guys so much for helpin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Coppelia waltz - piano transcription advice. NOT 4 hands by sedgecumbe @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

Thanks so much Hreichgott, Yes i have had a look and i think it is just what i want. not sure what sort of "level" it is but as you say not super easy and not super hard. I'm sure it will still be a little challenging for me as i'm only ju
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsI called the mom, who didn't answer, but the "teen" immediately called me back to ask why I was calling. I replied that I wanted to speak to her mom prior to her lesson. Mom called me and I explained th
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

Does anyone wish to drop the chatter ... and respond to the OP's inquiry? I see Charles Cohen has. Does anyone else remember poor keystring?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Coppelia waltz - piano transcription advice. NOT 4 hands by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

The first link by Eric is not the same publication but looks to be exactly the same arrangement I've used playing this for dancers in variations class. Not super easy but not hard either and I think it's about as straightforward as possible without l
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: fingering chopin etude op10 no4 by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

1215 for me, makes rotation easier. I understand the benefits of 1325 though.
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8
by Joe Garfield
Today at 07:17 PM
good source for digital piano ratings?
by childofparadise2002
Today at 05:40 PM
Yamaha P85 Amplifier/PA/Speaker Connection
by 7sax
Today at 05:22 PM
Casio Privia PX-360 - Thoughts/Opinions?
by John from KC
Today at 12:03 PM
Attaching different speakers to the Privia 850
by pianopi
Today at 11:09 AM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,828 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,887 Topics
2,577,477 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission