Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
56 registered (5/1/19249, augustm, Alux, AndrewJCW, AndyB, acadia, 16 invisible), 1418 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Would you keep this student? by Jeff Clef @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

"...no amount of magic dust on my end is going to transform a frog into a prince..." Dust, AZN? As I remember it, the recipe called for a kiss.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By Jay RolandSpeculation Threads are always my favourite ones. We're just over two weeks away from being able to reveal all. Jay Really excited to see what's coming!
Originally Posted By NotaBeneOriginally Posted By 36251 Forums are opinions, I agree, but I just happen to have empathy for the people who visit this site for information and might be misguided. It's just common courtesy like using blinkers in your
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: will changing bass strings improve richness of bass sound? by Nathan Monteleone @ Yesterday at 11:45 AM

The problems with straightening out the coil are that you'll weaken it, and that it will be very difficult if not impossible to get a good tight (read: stable) coil back on the pin. Not sure if you've worked with piano wire or not - it isn't terrib
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:31 AM

BDB, So when I encounter a piano with string buzzes in the capo section, and I carefully remove the existing strings, reshape the V-bar to a true V-shape, and carefully reinstall the original strings with the result being no more string buzzes; that
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Would you keep this student? by TimR @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsAs I said, this student selects music that I bring in a play for him, or music I suggest. He has never given me any clue as to what he wants to learn, despite my prodding. That was me at that age. If you asked
Jump to new posts Re: Help Regarding a Yamaha P-105 by Muli @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaIf you're in the USA, you should, might, be able to get the part from their online store? That's where I would start. Alternatively cannibalise a used non working model from eBay or Craigslist etc, assuming it has a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guide mains/French translation needed by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:20 AM

I found the beginning at 0:32 too garbled for me to understand (French is an acquired language, not my native language). But the narrator was very comprehensible. I went on to watch the documentary because I found it quite interesting, but only had
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Bsw @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

Hi all, welcome Owen. My lesson this week was probably the best I have had since changing teachers and switching to Faber. Played Theme from "The Surprise" Symphony by Haydn and he was thrilled. Said it is the best I have played any pi
Jump to new posts Re: Help Regarding a Yamaha P-105 by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

If you're in the USA, you should, might, be able to get the part from their online store? That's where I would start. Alternatively cannibalise a used non working model from eBay or Craigslist etc, assuming it has a different fault. My first step wou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-5-1 Chord Progression ??? by jjo @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

SiFi: The "-" is one way of indicating a minor chord, so what you said is the same as what I said! And you are rights; this is a way of playing the progression in every key, a very basic and key drill for jazz.
Jump to new posts Re: The scale of difference by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

The difference between the same model acoustic can be huge. It just depends!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: bwv 926 by BruceD @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By iamandersInteresting answer! It is nice to know how to analyse this piece but...it's not enough. It has to be second nature so that you can actually inprovise or play something from your heart. How did you piano improvisers take
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: finding silent grand by Chewbacca @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Technicians in this forum can chime in to confirm / infirm, however it is my perception that today's top silent systems (PianoDisc and QRS mainly) can be added to almost any piano with a limited footprint (due to optical sensors under the keybed), no
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: inexpensive tuning apps by bellspiano @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

I used TuneLab for pitch raises and annoying pianos toward the end of my tech career -- excellent program, easy to use, developed by an intelligent, kind, and helpful man, Robert Scott, whom you will see at PTG conventions --
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by Toddler2 @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Hi Logan, My comments on cars and pianos were based on a college student who said they were "very stressed" about assuming a large debt. Not a doc who could pay for an M3 without taking on debt. If you choose to spend as much on a piano a
Originally Posted By 36251 Forums are opinions, I agree, but I just happen to have empathy for the people who visit this site for information and might be misguided. It's just common courtesy like using blinkers in your car, even when you think it's
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Program crafting by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By Eric399Pianoloverus: shouldn't one attempt to create some sort of unity in a program? I think excellent programs can exist with or without unity. By "unity" I mean something other than the typical "composer unity&q
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a Piano off of Craigslist by Greener @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

If you've decided you're going to look at a Piano you've inquired about on CL, of course be sure to go with someone else. If not your technician, someone else. Caution and common sense is of course good advise, but beware that even that may not alwa
Jump to new posts Re: Any opinions on the GSi Gemini by Pocomoto @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

The Guitar hardware you mention use modelling technology, but sound modules use sampling technology. Sampling requires lots of hdd space to achieve good quality. For example if you buy Native Instruments Kontakt you get 43GB worth of samples. Roland
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

Hi all, Thanks to all who have commented on my submission. It is really a good feeling to have somebody listen and comment on something that you have done. I will respond to some of the comments later. I have been enjoying my holidays and did not ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By dogperson3/4 time is often found in waltzes. I would suggest the following to improve your feel of the beat in 3/4. - Play a waltz (many are found on You tube). Dance around the room with the music, stressing the first beat-
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin SF-10 by gynnis @ Yesterday at 10:35 AM

These were still nice instruments in this time frame, but their popularity faded in the '70's. Just remember, this is a BIG sounding piano.
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 10:34 AM

Speculation Threads are always my favourite ones. We're just over two weeks away from being able to reveal all. Jay
Jump to new posts Re: Any opinions on the GSi Gemini by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By nelsona@Pocomoto: I completely agree with you about the piano controller. As for the sound module, the reason I'd like to invest in a good quality piano VST / sound module is that, even though I'm not primarily a piano player, w
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
So, you want to play a little piano?
by Rich Galassini
08/26/16 06:12 AM
[Lucy] A Tear Before Dawn
by DeeMaxx
08/26/16 01:59 AM
Moving piano cross country v buying a new one?
by ReamusLQ
08/26/16 12:46 AM
Worth it for Part-time Tuner to Join PTG as Associate?
by Musicdude
08/26/16 12:23 AM
Am I behind?
by davidc1215
08/25/16 11:19 PM
Forum Stats
84,773 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,753 Topics
2,550,434 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission