Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
125 registered (Abusu, ARpiano, alwatson, agraffe, 36251, 28 invisible), 2080 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: "Best" piano sound - Kawai, Yamaha, or Roland? by TonyB @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

My view on this would be quite limited because I really have not played all these different digital pianos ad none of the VSTs. I can say that I am satisfied with the sound of my own digital piano, and would sincerely hope that others feel that way
Jump to new posts Re: any pre NAMM rumors? by polo1 @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By Dave HorneI plan to view that link at 18 January, 4 PM Pacific time (which is 1 AM my time). I would personally appreciate if the first person to learn if there's an update for the RD800 would post here. Thanks! +1
Jump to new posts Re: "Best" piano sound - Kawai, Yamaha, or Roland? by pianistje @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

Great, a highly subjective topic where i can stretch my personal opinion, hoping to open a can of worms....... hahaha The BEST piano SOUND ( not playability per see, althaugh one cannot function without the other.... nevertheless) 1 Real piano s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New AB: my story... need advices from experts! by ARpiano @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

Again, thank you all for the support and the advices I'm getting. Honestly I think part of my doubts are the result of the fact I really don't know other musicians, never had a conversation like this, I feel a bit lonely in this "piano world&quo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Verdigris in windings of bass strings. A remedy? by pyropaul @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

Technically "oxidation" is the transfer of electrons. So the formation of copper chloride is also an oxidation reaction, with chlorine being the oxidizing agent. So if the copper loses electrons (and gains a charge of +1 or +2), then it has
Jump to new posts Re: Sampled vs. Modeled... by Buckster @ Yesterday at 04:34 PM

I'm only beginner piano player really but long term musician (violin, clarinet etc) Pianoteq whilst sometimes sounding not quite perfect is the nearest I feel to playing an instrument on my keyboard It seems to react to the mood I want to play in -
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by polo1 @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By Dave HorneIf sound is your first choice, you have a lot from which to choose. Kawai still wins
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Nocturne Eb Chopin classical and jazz version by Mrkeyboard @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Here are my two versions of the Nocturne, the classical: https://soundcloud.com/mrkeyboard/nocturne-eb-chopin and the jazzy version: https://soundcloud.com/mrkeyboard/nocturne-eb-chopin-jazz-version
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano World @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By Redhead1Originally Posted By Piano Girl RMG A hot tip for any of you looking to play weddings in the near future. Check out Jennifer Blaske's book: Giggin' for a Living: How to Make Money as a Musician Playing for Weddings and S
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Finding a teacher.. ( and how to know if they are any good ) by sara elizabeth @ Yesterday at 04:24 PM

I knew my teacher was good right from her first email. She sent me a very detailed reply and wanted to meet to discuss how she does lessons. As adults, I think we prefer information overload to a vague "I will give you lessons".
Jump to new posts Re: Verdigris in windings of bass strings. A remedy? by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

If copper combines with oxygen and other elements to form a compound or salt, green or otherwise, it the process still called oxidation?
Jump to new posts Re: Undecided between KDP90 and CL36 by Seemann @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Apologies for the delay, busy couple of days. Thanks for your help, I decided to purchase the CL-36, heard many good things about it. It's currently on it's way.
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By polo1Wait a minute... what happened to: I think one was a completely open-ended question without any additional detail, whereas here the OP lays out specific goals, constraints, examples, and other considerations. It's the diff
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Redhead1 @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By Piano Girl RMG A hot tip for any of you looking to play weddings in the near future. Check out Jennifer Blaske's book: Giggin' for a Living: How to Make Money as a Musician Playing for Weddings and Special Events. Piano Girl fa
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

As an update, I held this teen's spot open for 6 weeks. Tomorrow was her return date, and today I received a text from the mom saying the teen does not feel well, has a fever and her sister also has a school concert, so they must cancel. I haven't
Jump to new posts Re: Verdigris in windings of bass strings. A remedy? by pyropaul @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Verdigris is what makes copper roofs green, rather than black (if they were copper II oxide). Coins go brown usually, though, which is mainly copper I oxide. Copper carbonate, and many other copper compounds, are green. Paul.
Jump to new posts Re: any pre NAMM rumors? by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 03:57 PM

I plan to view that link at 18 January, 4 PM Pacific time (which is 1 AM my time). I would personally appreciate if the first person to learn if there's an update for the RD800 would post here. Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

What's more important, the action or the sound? If you're looking for a great action, I can recommend the Kawai MP11, that piano has the best action of any digital piano. If sound is your first choice, you have a lot from which to choose.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By jonnyboy126you guys. horowitz's carmen or the schumann toccata are NOT recital openers. True. Both the pianist and the audience would be worn out and ready to go home after either of those !! OK,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

My AOTW is was taking place today at the end of my practice session. Got my paint-brush-like one note sequences of 4-3-2-1-end on staccato on 3 up the next chord tone....in the RH fluently and moving the pattern up on chord tones 3 times, and ending
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Retailers: Close and cover pianos? by S. Phillips @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

I'm in the "closed lid" category. The pianos that I own in my inventory are an investment to me in addition to my clients. I prefer the pianos to have a fresh out of the box cleanliness to each one. Keeping lids closed and covers on them
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Haydn Sonatas by tend to rush @ Yesterday at 03:33 PM

You might consider re-posting in the Pianist Corner and/or Piano Teachers Forum. This one is really for discussions of instruments.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

I think one should work off one's rage (at the audience's coughing/talking/sneezing/sweet unwrapping/popcorn chomping - and of course, one's own inadequacy as a pianist) in the opening number: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHetvDqnkzE
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by Carey @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By jonnyboy126you guys. horowitz's carmen or the schumann toccata are NOT recital openers. True. Both the pianist and the audience would be worn out and ready to go home after either of those !!
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by polo1 @ Yesterday at 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneSince you have something to gig with, and you want to use software pianos, then the VPC1 is perfect. It has a great action and nothing else! Why is your neighbor bothering you? Or is that unrelated Wait a minute... w
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Liebestraum
by Abusu
01/18/17 09:01 AM
Program that detects notes?
by Cutestpuppie
01/18/17 05:28 AM
DP for 6 year old beginners
by SSK
01/17/17 09:32 PM
Inability to adapt to heavy keys?
by Nicholas Mihaila
01/17/17 07:21 PM
Dampp Chaser Dehumidifiers in Baldwin M?
by jrcallan
01/17/17 07:13 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,278 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,832 Topics
2,589,506 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission