Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
104 registered (Anne'sson, AndrewJCW, AB Forum Recital, Anita Potter, 30 invisible), 1198 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio WK 7600 CTK 7200 by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By BachusYou are mistaking technollogy(hardware) with the programming (software) sure there are small differences between the software, but the soundengine is the same.... In general, if there is anyone only remotely smart at Cas
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

I'll try. For different octave spreads that can be measured with beat rates, I have assigned a qualitative description; beatless or rolling. I measured the spreads of the different octaves that tested as beatless. I found the following: Octave
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Split-Treble Upright Action by Rickster @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Most upright pianos I've ever dealt with had an action made on a similar design; a metal bracket frame with 4 pedestals (bottom) and 4 mounting brackets (top). I'm not sure if there was a convention/commonality in the design that dictated where the s
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Pianos by JDRPiano @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

I live in California in the East Bay. And I will need both so that I can play on the grand piano (when my sister is gone) and on the digital (when she is resting). Thanks!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
This Masquerade is an excellent tune. It is my absolute favorite cover by Karen. Although, not original to the Carpenters. Many other Carpenter's tunes and covers would also fit the bill: Close to You We've only just begun Rainy Days and Monda
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The tremendous pressure while recording, then tempo Rage! by debussychopin @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOne thing that might help with not pushing the tempo as you get deeper into a long piece would be to have a metronome click in headphones. Traditional motion picture scoring sessions are done that way, everybody has he
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I enjoyed this little comic by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

I enjoyed it. I can identify: "I used to play piano as a kid. I really regret giving it up." Of course, the epilogue in my life is that I took it back up! As I read the next comments above I was surprised by the sexism comment, because
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Split-Treble Upright Action by Bob Seeley @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

By "split action," I mean that the treble section(32 keys)of the upright action as interrupted by a plate strut the width of two butts, hammers, and back-checks, with 16 key assemblies on each side. The above list of examples is short comp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Rerun @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

Kites: http://www.chonday.com/Videos/harmony-peace-kites
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Attention to detail and Leschetizky-Schnabel "lineage" by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

It is remarkable that most EVERYBODY'S teacher "genealogy" goes back in some way or other to famous composers, performers, and pedagogues--people like Clementi, Haydn, Beethoven, Czerny, Chopin, Liszt, Deppe, Leschetizky, Matthay, Schnabel,
Jump to new posts Re: RPT's in Bay Area? by Anne Francis @ Yesterday at 01:34 PM

Thank you all--I have passed on these recommendations to my client. I appreciate you all! Anne
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner needs some buying advice for a digital piano by PhilzPiano @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

Whatever you buy, make sure you have 88 full size, weighted keys i.e. get a proper digital piano. Any of the Casio Privia PX pianos will seem fabulous compared with what you currently have. I know because I swapped a keyboard similar to yours for a P
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Split-Treble Upright Action by ando @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

What do you mean by "split" action? How is it different to a regular action?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 01:26 PM

I managed to get my quarterly recital piece recorded today. It is not perfect, but it represents where I am at with the piece right now. Mozart is so transparent, and unforgiving. Still I am pretty happy with it. So- one more for my list! So my l
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by rXd @ Yesterday at 01:25 PM

I'm not sure that tuning is the basis for all listening in piano work. . I have known many people skilled at tone regulation who don't tune at all. They only exist in larger cities or factories. Fred and later, Joe at Steinways and Jeff here in Londo
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner needs some buying advice for a digital piano by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneWell, just because something new is coming out doesn't mean that the old one isn't worthwhile. +1 No matter what you buy, it's going to be "the old model" in just a few years. Unless the new version has s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Split-Treble Upright Action by Bob Seeley @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

(I have already posted this in the technicians' forum, but this forum seems more appropriate.) Is this a mere talking point/sales pitch, or is there something inherently superior related to the scale of these pianos with split-treble actions? Other
Again, this didn't answer anything for me. There's a huge jump in logic right here: Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTBecause the difference in beat speeds is so small, barely noticeable AND the wide 4:2/narrow 6:3 sounds good (if the best 6:3
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left/Right hand independence by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaAndrew, you need to get some stability on your keyboard! I'd think all that movement is hindering your practice. +1 You're fighting that shaky stand -- and winning -- but it'll be a lot easier for you if you get somethi
Adult Beginners Forum
My process is to try 3 to 5 takes on any given day. Record them all. Store them all. I do this for three to five days in a row. Then I listen back take the best of the batch and upload for the recital. That's it. No pressure. I can let go of the perf
Adult Beginners Forum
One thing that might help with not pushing the tempo as you get deeper into a long piece would be to have a metronome click in headphones. Traditional motion picture scoring sessions are done that way, everybody has headphones with a click track syn
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by Dru Morgan @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

I also want to share that I bought an Alfred's book of Sacred Music that goes along with this book. Starting at the beginning, it is great, as I don't know these songs, but I am able to play them, basically from first look, just by sight reading. For
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By TunewerkOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTYou'll have to be a little more intelligent in your criticism or I can't counter. This "silly thing" you name is the essence to the method. If it's so silly, you should ha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Seeing those pictures, I'd definitely grab it. If you don't, let us know where it is and someone here will..... ;-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by Dru Morgan @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

Almost to the end of the book. Working on The Entertainer now. I remember playing (some version of) this as a kid. It must have been a very simplified version, as this one is tricky. Perhaps it was just one hand. I love that the difficult timing fo
Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older!
by Musicdude
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
WIPAC - Washington Amateur Piano Competition
by SiFi
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
OT: Windows 10
by doremi
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Recital 39 --- Call For Submissions
by AB Forum Recital
Yesterday at 10:13 PM
Grade 10 RCM Examination Questions
by Rothwell
Yesterday at 09:13 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,201 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,875 Topics
2,431,473 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission