Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
84 registered (AprilE, AZ_Astro, angga888, anamnesis, 20 invisible), 1257 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by login @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

thomman.de has Pianoteq physical copies, which are cheaper that the download at the modart site http://www.thomann.de/intl/modartt_pianoteq_3.htm?ref=search_rslt_pianoteq_115279_2 218 USD for standard before VAT, free shiping in europe I believe.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By johan dThere are a lot apps only for ipad when it comes to music learning tools. Would an ol d "iPad Mini 16 gig" do for these apps? sightreadingfactory, forscore, irealB, now this "Wessar sight reading",...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital expectations by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 10:47 AM

bennevis, that's why we are piano teachers/musicians! I was fortunate to be surrounded by music - my dad sang on the radio and played the trumpet, I started lessons in 7th grade, was a member of various school choral groups, musicals, etc. I always
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Mozart, difficult to play? by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Why is Mozart considered so difficult to play? Is the difficulty all smoke and mirrors or is it a fact? Years ago I had a piano teacher who said he didn't teach Mozart's music because it was too hard. Not sure this is all true. Your input appreciat
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:34 AM

Because of the developmental stage that a child is at during their first year of life, playing an actual piano - even one that is less - is really not possible or a good idea, IMO. Better to get the child enrolled in a general early music class like
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Piano Models History by lance111 @ Yesterday at 10:27 AM

I just logged on to send James a message to see if there was a place that lists the Kawai models and when they were released. Great minds think alike!
Adult Beginners Forum
Less is more. With music, I was taught this and always have generally believed it. Yet, we strive for more and more challenges. Indeed, the most beautiful is not the most difficult. For me the fun is in trying to choose pieces with the beauty and c
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by Craig Hair @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

Gadzar, Nice piano. We are working on one, too. Like yours, ours suffered from some pretty ghasly repair work. If you like, it might be mutually beneficial to compare notes. At the very least, I can give you a good idea of the original bass and plain
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kenya burns stockpile of ivory by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

I am not convinced that anything would lower the price of ivory.
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:10 AM

Possibly, but I doubt it. The finish looks original.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Theme with variations e-cital: Part 2 by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 10:09 AM

Hi, Ganddalf! Thanks for the commentary -- just an FYI: you can Google "Spatials" and listen to George Walker's own presentation. In addition to his composing activities, he was a concert pianist, and can expertly play anything that he wr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Is The Most Difficult Piano Piece Ever Written? by DrewBone @ Yesterday at 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By dogperson@Andy...Totally agree that music does not need to be the most difficult to be beautiful. Interesting that we never see a thread 'what is the most beautiful easy classical'. The gravitation is toward what is the most di
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by Greener @ Yesterday at 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By bennevis... (BTW, I'm talking classical music only here). I know a few piano teachers and professional musicians (in orchestras, chamber groups etc), and none of them ever play anything from memory. In fact, most told me they've
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was Chopin a Spy? by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By Doritos Flavouredpianists do hold key information, huh? Ooh! That was sharp! And yet the joke fall flat.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by bennevis @ Yesterday at 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By GreenerIt was stated in the rules that performances from sheet music or memory would both be accepted. Also, this contest I think represented a fair cross section of Amateur pianists in Canada as it targeted all ages and all skil
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67 SK Concert decay bug (Kawai James?) by alerique @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

Alex, thanks. Exactly same behaviour here. _Technically_ it decays, but in a very, very slow fashion. One might argue that big piano means long decays, but to me sounds very unnatural, especially comparing to EX sample, presumable of the instrument o
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Charge to Replace a Tuning Pin? by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By Hemloch Maximillyan that is a very interesting and helpful video. It would be glad if it's information will help you in solving the problem of loose tuning pins of your upright piano Regards,Max
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Theme with variations e-cital: Part 3 by RubberFingers @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

Thanks for listening, Ganddalf. It was a fun project.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Jazz Piano need advice on timing practice. by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

Since you mention jazz I presume you mean something like this: There are different ways to read this kind of rhythm. If it says "straight" then you count it the classical way. The crotchet is split into 4 semiquavers; the dotted quaver l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm returning to piano. How can I get started again? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By freneboI recently decided to return to piano after not having played for a few years. I'm around 14, and I haven't played since I was around 12 or 11. I stopped because my piano teacher was pushing me too hard in my opinion. (If
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ Yesterday at 09:10 AM

#7 has been posted: http://nhpianos.com/diabelli-variation-7/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by RubberFingers @ Yesterday at 09:09 AM

Ah, thank you. I'll have to listen again with that in mind. Really enjoying your approach.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by Greener @ Yesterday at 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By bennevis I believe that ABRSM sets great store by sight-reading skills - more so than other exam boards, probably - and none whatsoever by memory skills, because they know the the 'average amateur' in the UK (ever since Victorian
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Theme with variations e-cital: Part 4 by Ganddalf @ Yesterday at 08:57 AM

My comment to Brahms: Variations on a theme by Händel. Op.24. performed by Jeffreyjones This must have been an enormous task to study and perform. My only previous knowledge about this piece was the title - I never heard it performed before, and I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Mark... @ Yesterday at 08:55 AM

I bought a new Estonia 190 in 2008 and had to sell it because of terrible metallic overtones. Nothing the dealer did to it in attempt to fix it worked. So glad its gone...
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Getting confused in my journey to hunt a piano_help!
by FayeHsu
21 minutes 15 seconds ago
Help me read Lili Kraus's mind
by Mark_C
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
The Importance of the 7th Chord?!
by MacMorrighan
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Not a piano but....
by PhilipInChina
Yesterday at 10:51 PM
What piano wood do you prefer?
by andres_1001
Yesterday at 06:37 PM
Forum Stats
83,498 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,382 Topics
2,520,998 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission