Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertical - used Steinway vs. new Bechstein? by Ben_NZ @ Today at 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinaGood chance to start another exchange of posts denigrating a leading brand. Anybody like to start? OK, since you asked. Vika's Steinway Z has even more views than Rickster's piano adventure but I don't care for its
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The piano made it home in time... by Rank Piano Amateur @ Today at 07:01 AM

Fabulous. Thanks for posting it! A piano can be so much more than just a piano. . . .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by Rank Piano Amateur @ Today at 06:54 AM

I think that wimpiano may basically have the right idea here. If one is selling a piano, one might want to know what the typical division of the selling price is between consignor and marketer/retailer, although I suppose it is always subject to neg
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
here just high treble are selected or/and the shanks for the samples : http://youtu.be/JEjzqkTYkRE or sorting was not took on video later. Some shanks have very similar tone , also. On another one the shanks are sorted more completely, for an uprigh
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by kapelli @ Today at 06:38 AM

Few thoughts about this new CN series: - CN35 can be a killer in it's price bracket and probably even in everything up to CA95 / Roland HP506 price - wonder what will be the sound? the CN34 was bit thin, and, samples were not to inviting - second pa
Originally Posted By: jim ialeggioOriginally Posted By: OlekAnd you never sort them, as this is useless is not it? With new action parts, its in sheer number of processes which are tantamount to completely re-manufacturing brand new $1500 sets of p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by Patonpiano @ Today at 06:22 AM

Hello fellow piano lovers! Im a new user and have been playing piano for about 3 years, self taught, never had a lesson. Trying to take it a little more seriously now, and getting my self a teacher and studying for an AMEB exam. I play mainly video
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching beginners by Johnkie @ Today at 05:57 AM

Subcontracting work out to others is a big no no as far as I'm concerned Mark. My clients employ me, not just anyone to tune their pianos. My reputation depends on the quality the work and quite frankly, there are so few I would be prepared to work u
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 05:53 AM

The 40/60 sounds right. They may take as much as 50. Are you selling or buying?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yikes - The Tuner is Coming! by Mark R. @ Today at 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Carbonblobam I ever going to live that down, btw? blob Nope, we're going to hold you to it forever.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert - Wanderer Fantasy by Ganddalf @ Today at 05:39 AM

Phil, I'm highly impressed by your performance. At young age I also purchased the score of this composition and spent a week or two on it before I decided to lay it aside. It was then (and ever since) way outside my capabilities, but the good think
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Ganddalf @ Today at 05:32 AM

Not so much time left now. I was playing through a few movements of "my" suite this morning, and had some thoughts about how to record such a composition. I do not want to give any strict limitations to how you present your stuff, but rath
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
The Sonar Studio version is cheaper than the Producer version. It comes with less tools and instruments than in the Producer. Take a look in the comparison: https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions The studio can make what you want but it do
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K-600 upright model confusion by Ben_NZ @ Today at 05:01 AM

Thanks BDB. I've noticed your opinion on duplex scales is not uncommon (and is probably true enough too). But as a technician of a different kind, soon to buy my most expensive material possession by a large margin, I want to know how its features th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by backto_study_piano @ Today at 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: dcnm50Hi in the piano buying "game", the key is DON'T RUSH. I will stop here. Hi - Sorry - I didn't realise that you don't play - but the same principles apply - don't rush, play plenty of pianos, work out what is
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cost of Lessons in Los Angeles by Opus_Maximus @ Today at 04:57 AM

I'm siding with Morodine here in that I feel conclusions are being jumped to regarding the quality of teaching based soley on OP's teacher using John Thompson. A method book really is only as good or bad as the teacher who teaches out of it, I firml
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by wimpiano @ Today at 04:51 AM

Why do you need to know the typical Split? Is it because of the Boston? Do you want to decide for either the dealer or the current owner what he deserves? Let's make it simple: If you like the piano and can afford it buy itIf you think the piano is
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teachers: Do you use John Thomson method books? by musicpassion @ Today at 04:47 AM

I've used the Thompson book once or twice as a supplemental source for pieces. The students already had it in their book bag and wanted to use it. I've never used "method instruction" it contains. However... for all it's faults a teach
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by wimpiano @ Today at 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: dcnm50 I will stop here. I hope you don't mean: I will quit posting here
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bradbury Petite Baby Grand--$10,000...? by Ben_NZ @ Today at 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: andoI'm confused - is it $1,000 or $10,000? I'm seeing both figures and it's a rather critical point in the equation. $1000 was the seller's asking price. $10,000 is what the first technician said he'd advertise the piano at i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Essex EGP 155 or Yamaha Gc1 by wimpiano @ Today at 04:38 AM

I have the same sort of questions as Markarian but one added: Did you play one of the instruments? If so, did you actually like them? It does not make any sense to consider an instrument if you don't like it. OT: @Markarian, 4 is easy: 1/2 past th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cost of Lessons in Los Angeles by musicpassion @ Today at 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneHowever, I do not like the idea of condemning a teacher based on the method they use when we have no idea to what extent they follow the order and ideas presented in those books - if at all. You raise an important poi
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Incredibly short fugue by Olek @ Today at 04:31 AM

I would begin with a less harsh first phrase then turn to more tortured later. Indeed as said this is not a fugue, really. An invention possibly, but I am not expert enough to say why.
All, I can understand why you use those parts, and believe me I respect the idea and all the thinking behind them and now using them. They may be perfect for the situations you have, with no classical pianist, and pianists used to sounds more in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Essex EGP 155 or Yamaha Gc1 by Markarian @ Today at 04:20 AM

Welcome to Piano World. Quick questions: 1) Where do you live, generally speaking? 2) Why these two pianos in particular? Are they used or new? 3) What's the price difference? 4) What is the average cruising velocity of a coconut-laden swallow?
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Wow, check out this baby!
by Paul678
4 minutes 1 second ago
Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles.
by OscarL
Today at 08:30 PM
WEIRDEST passage in Chopin?
by Mark_C
Today at 08:16 PM
Cleaning my piano.
by pianosNpreschooler
Today at 07:24 PM
1981 SCHIMMEL GRAND
by mellie62
Today at 07:14 PM
Who's Online
120 registered (AndresD, A Guy, 36251, ando, 32 invisible), 1325 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76209 Members
42 Forums
157550 Topics
2314109 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission