Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
169 registered (aesop, anamnesis, ando, alexk3954, Almaviva, Amir, 39 invisible), 1342 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by Markarian @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By JustHarmonyYour questions are interesting. You asked first about a good piano for Romantic piano music. Then you asked about a piano suitable for a particular hall and its acoustics. These could be different questions entirely
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By ChopinAddictOriginally Posted By EM DeekaOriginally Posted By MRCInteresting story. I imagine the joker decided to see how far he/she could push the thing before somebody cried "fake. Congratulations on being that somebody.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by JustHarmony @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

The above post aside... I would choose an instrument for your venue that had the widest tonal and dynamic range possible. I love Shigeru for this... they certainly have full resonant lush tone, but what I love about them in particular, is how they f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should one learn "easy" arrangements? by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

I don't see how it could hurt you, so if you like it, play it!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there joy in playing only for yourself? by Brandon Sip @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

Nothing better for me than when I'm practicing alone and I just make a piece sing, knowing it was *I* who did that - genuine satisfaction. I do love playing for an audience - I'm an extrovert for sure - but if I never had an audience, I would still
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by JustHarmony @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Your questions are interesting. You asked first about a good piano for Romantic piano music. Then you asked about a piano suitable for a particular hall and its acoustics. These could be different questions entirely. Modern day piano recitals/c
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Concern about changing bass strings............ by ando @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By GrandpianomanI see, thanks for the clarification.....perhaps that would work I don't see though, how an old brittle guitar is analogous to a grand piano, with its incredible amount of tension on the bridge and soundboard. Old gu
Jump to new posts Re: Concern about changing bass strings............ by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

GP...the temporary disruption is something that is often done. The belly will re-equilibrate when the tension is re-applied. Just don't listen to the remaining plain wire strings while the tensions down, because the change in forces on the board coul
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restore or buy new? Disappointing rebuild... by Kins @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

Yes, it can - with the new strings it slowly drops out of true pitch, but less so now that it's settling in. I did ask each of the 4 technicians I have had over to confirm that pinblock holds the pins very well. The concern is that the pinblock doesn
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restore or buy new? Disappointing rebuild... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

I am so sorry your rebuild is not to your expectations. This can be very frustrating. I do have a couple of questions I need answered before I can give you any meaningful advice. Can the piano be tuned to an impeccable state of intonation? Do the tu
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Carolina Shout --- James P. Johnson by Hrodulf @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Thanks.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Fake "Pandora Selfridge concert pianist" discovered by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By EM DeekaOriginally Posted By MRCInteresting story. I imagine the joker decided to see how far he/she could push the thing before somebody cried "fake. Congratulations on being that somebody. But we here discovered and
Pianist Corner
Pandora Selfridge is the reincarnation of Joyce Hatto.
That is not how the sostenuto pedal works. Some Chickerings did not even have movable tabs, like early Steinways. The only thing they do differently is that the sostenuto bar will not go down until all keys are released. What you probably need to do
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by wjc @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Yes I prefer new.. Maybe The first choice Is a American Steinway D, but other opinions is important.. I like Yamaha, great dynamic range, but i prefer the lush sound, you know more romantic, no too bright..
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: March Piano Bar by Elssa @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By kenjazzElssa - Beautiful playing on Ebb Tide. I don't know if it was your video or my browser (probably the latter), but the video came out as one of those fast-stop-action things that they use for horror movies. It was a cool
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restore or buy new? Disappointing rebuild... by Kins @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Clef - I certainly would love the SK-7... I had the opportunity to play the SK-6 recently and it was quite a piano. It seems like any SK instrument sings the melody without much effort, almost like cheating... I still think the maximum size that I wo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Fake "Pandora Selfridge concert pianist" discovered by Opus_Maximus @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Ok, so, who is she?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Sleipnir @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Howdy, I've asked a bunch of questions about the RD-800 and MP7 in a thread I started about the organ sounds in these to stage pianos, but I have a specific RD-800 question I figured I would ask here. The 4 ASSIGN knobs, based on what I can unders
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By wjcYes the auditorium is around 500 seats, more to a solo recital, an small orchestra, and chamber music. maybe jazz, pop..sometimes You have many, many viable choices. Are there some brands you would be more able to audition?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

Stitched my latest project together end-to-end for the first time today, very slowly! This one seems to be coming together much faster than my previous. (Famous last words.)
Jump to new posts What should you use to lubricate Sticking Sustenuto Tabs? by pianoman9 @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

These are the sustenuto tab or lips in a grand piano. Several are sticking in my Chickering grand, so are not engaged by the sustenuto pedal. Protek CLP? If not, what else would be best?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: March Piano Bar by Peyton @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Elssa- it's neat to watch your rolls mixed in with those octaves. Very smooth. Greener- I love that walking bass! Verqueue... Absolutely beautiful. That's very cool that the composer asked that you record it. (And thank you very much for your commen
Jump to new posts Re: Full Compass iH picture by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By kennyzWhere did you get 88 fingers? 😀....very cool ! I'm sure all this is interesting to some, but my very first impression was in line with Kenny's comment. This guy has 88 fingers! That's the picture I'd like to see.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the music rack on Liszt's Chickering - two high res. photos by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Stunning. Would it be usable to put music on, or more decorative? It doesn't look flat in the photo. And wide music could be a problem if the candles were lit. Or are the candles forward of the main stand so they would shine on the music?
Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Another snow day.
by TwoSnowflakes
03/05/15 09:35 AM
help with counting
by dmcgeown
03/05/15 05:58 AM
Question to the stage piano's users
by stamkorg
03/05/15 04:20 AM
Roland RD-700GX ivory key wear
by AlexanderLee
03/05/15 03:03 AM
Opened up my Chickering Brothers Grand
by pianoman9
03/05/15 02:45 AM
Forum Stats
78,392 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,096 Topics
2,379,990 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission