Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
141 registered (255, accordeur, adrienschmitt, ajames, Adelheid, 46 invisible), 1545 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Have you found 'Your Music'? by Groove On @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Yah, the grammar-checking is not helping us find our Music.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Unofficial Kawai ES8 Comments/Reviews Thread by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By A1AHi everyone, I really do love my Kawai ES8, one can play so expressively on it like on a real piano. However, at a gig a while back after packing up to go home I left the included note stander/rack in the elevator of the 8 o
Jump to new posts Re: How much time do u spend practising ? by Groove On @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

The most successful practice strategy for me has been to devote 5-10 minutes a day to a subject - for x7 days. So each day I cover several "TO DO" items, in 5-10 minute increments. For priority subjects, I might re-visit them the same day f
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-30 vs Kawai ES100 vs Yamaha P115 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

USB MIDI is perhaps more convenient as you can connect directly to a computer using any cable, but restricts connecting to other instruments. ] Standard MIDI is more flexible as you can connect to other instruments, but a little less inconvenient as
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

There are definitely people who can tell what note is being played, while others who cannot. The degree of accuracy is variable.
Giancarlo, it seems that the KawaiUS.com website was down for a few hours yesterday, but appears to be back online now. I'll try to find out what happened. Unfortunately, the KawaiUS.com dealer locator shows the dealer closest to the address entered
If it is a range of dampers that do not lift, it is probably a bad damper lift bar hinge in the back of the action. If it is individual dampers, it might be that the damper lever cloth is eaten by insects. Either way, it should be easy to see from th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin etudes vs preludes by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By CareyBut what about the Impromptus ?? We should just execute anyone who performs an Impromptu or purchases the score of one.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 vs. Roland V-Piano by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasIMHO the Kawai MP11 key action wins hands down and even Kawai ES7 has a better key action... Cheers!. Fer, may I ask why you felt the need to bump this 10 month old thread? Kind regards, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin etudes vs preludes by Carey @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By boo1234Originally Posted By JoelWHow about this. Waltzes vs nocturnes Mazurkas vs polonaises Barcarole vs fantasy vs polonaise fantasy Ballades vs scherzi Etudes vs preludes Sonata 2 vs sonata 3 Concerto 1 vs concerto 2 No cop-
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transpose your playing? by keystring @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

I wonder if rolfie was referring to fingering. For example, while a C major scale would start with fingers 1,2,3 (RH) if starting on the tonic, in Db major you would not start the Db with the thumb, so for the first three notes you would not use fin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts MESSIAEN - Theme and variations by PatrickCaldwell @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Hi, This is my first post here. I'm starting to look at Messiaen's theme and variations for piano and violin and finding it quite difficult! So I was wondering if anybody here has played the piece and has any tips. -Patrick
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

No one "has" "it". Acquire the book by Franz Mohr, My Life with the Great Pianists and read Chapter 8, beginning on page 107 for a humbling perspective on the matter.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OK. Where do I start? by dmd @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By Doritos Flavoured...rather than an obnoxious and impatient kid. Ok ..... So you have had an unpleasant experience with an "obnoxious and impatient kid" ?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids of non-musical parents by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By INBostonI should probably rephrase... To the kids I put it more as "Why are we doing music lessons in the first place if you are not going to practice?"... I wouldn't recommend that discussion either, as it gives the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Fair value for 1984 Yamaha G-2 Satin finish? by newbie78 @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

Hi everyone, a private seller is selling her 1984 Yamaha G-2 for $5,900, I am wondering if this is a fair value for it given that it is in excellent condition. Thanks so much for any comment on this. Best,
Jump to new posts Upright piano sustain pedal doesn't work on some keys by Ahmedn1 @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

I got an old piano and I'm working on the repairs myself. Here is the thing that I don't get. The sustain pedal was not working at all so I checked it and the wooden thing attached to the pedal was out of its place so I put it back and it worked but
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transpose your playing? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

^ yes, the key signatures. For example: In C major there are no sharps and no flats. In E flat major the Es, Bs and As are all flat. So in C, to play a I triad, one uses three white keys. In E flat, one uses two black keys and one white key. That's
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids of non-musical parents by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Great tips MomofBeginners Originally Posted By INBostonHeather, So you don't think there is anything wrong with pushing back if they decide to up and quit? They are also quite young, so maybe I can say something like "Sure, you can quit when yo
Jump to new posts Re: Brand new piano modelling VST plugin - Pianoteq rival??? by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

Not good. I'll check back a few versions from now.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Queen Elisabeth Competition by fnork @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

I do know that there are radio streams (and commentary) during the competition, not sure what the video setup is. I'm sure we'll find out, sooner or later!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by oldmancoyote @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By Docc PianoWorks ATL - your comments appreciated. I am looking for a more mellow sound than I had with my Yamaha M204. The brightness of that sound was a too loud/bright for the room in which the piano will reside. I have tended t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Aliash, Although I haven't tried all of the exact models of the pianos you've mentioned, I've tried most of the brands in the concert grand size. I actually have a thread previously about my experiences with each with sound clips. I tried quite all
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin etudes vs preludes by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By boo1234Originally Posted By JoelWHow about this. Waltzes vs nocturnes Mazurkas vs polonaises Barcarole vs fantasy vs polonaise fantasy Ballades vs scherzi Etudes vs preludes Sonata 2 vs sonata 3 Concerto 1 vs concerto 2 No cop-
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By jotur 22.I Want a Girl 23.For Me and My Gal 24.Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue 25.Spanish Eyes 26.Crying Good songs for a sing-along.
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai CS-X1
by EssBrace
05/25/16 04:37 PM
Cunningham Piano/Dave Frank- Pat Martino master class 5/22
by Dfrankjazz
05/25/16 03:21 PM
Resource on Learning how to play by ear
by sonhnguyen
05/25/16 02:04 PM
Waldorf blofeld
by Edb123
05/25/16 01:48 PM
Using someones Synthogy samples
by rychubil
05/25/16 01:45 PM
Forum Stats
83,748 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,924 Topics
2,527,651 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission