Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 02:18 PM

I guess I should clarify a little bit: while I can and do enjoy listening to music from a variety of genres, I enjoy learning, for better or for worse, what's considered the standard classical repertoire. Of course, I don't find that to be terribly l
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Hi TwoSnowflakes, I've been waiting to see when someone would recall Chopin 72/1 ha-ha! Well, who better than Chopin to inspire us? But as you say, once the piece moves along, it takes on its own character. I briefly looked into Kosenko's music se
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by AZ_Astro @ Today at 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: joturAny way, AZ Astro - we can always use more blues in my book Cathy Thanks for the thoughtful response. Count me in this time around. I can whip that baby into shape in a few weeks! Heh heh. (Already tried record
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Improving upright repetition by Olek @ Today at 02:09 PM

What matters with the key fully depressed is the jack position vs the butt when the hammer is at checking distance from strings. Hammer close enough but in standard checking distance, and optimize after touch allow the jack to have less travel b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by noobpianist90 @ Today at 02:03 PM

I tend to get pretty obsessive about the music I listen to. If something captures my imagination, I *have* to play it. It's a compulsive thing for me. What I consider essential is to always enjoy whatever it is that I'm playing. If I don't find the m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Svenno @ Today at 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BrainCrampI think you should subtract some of your planned Romantic pieces and add a couple of Baroque and/or Classical ones. Like i said before in almost all of my posts in this thread: the pieces i listed above are all i've
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 01:57 PM

Heh, "Pianoversary". Love it.
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Yiruma - River flows in you by a beginner by stylerhun @ Today at 01:55 PM

This is the River flows in you by Yiruma . I love to play the piano more and more. I have just been playing piano for 4.5 months, this is the 5th piece, i have learned by my-self. Check my webpage: http://www.leberlaszlo.hu here you can see
Jump to new posts Re: Antique Piano Shop from TN by Tim Sullivan @ Today at 01:53 PM

I have restrung many pianos. I agree that the piano shown in the pictures has been very poorly restrung. I'm quite confident that not only will it be nearly impossible to tune accurately, but it will never be reasonably stable. Tim
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Morodiene @ Today at 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: casinitalyIf you are sure there aren't pianos where you're staying, then why not try to pack the DP as the very last thing so you can pull it out at the end of the day's drive? I don't see how you can do it otherwise...? I unde
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cahn--"Reflections" by Inlanding @ Today at 01:51 PM

Andy~ That's a great little tune and the delivery was wonderful. You play so relaxed and patiently, letting it breathe. Hi Phil!! Glen
Jump to new posts Re: On Temperament strip muting, and other things by Mark Davis @ Today at 01:49 PM

Well, my apologies to all those that are offended with me telling Mark what he can and cannot post. My apologies to Mark too! It is just that one would think that the DSU technique has had at least a thorough hearing here on PW that I was trying t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by casinitaly @ Today at 01:48 PM

You're already way ahead of me, so I don't have suggestions for you - but I do want to say happy pianoversary and thanks for sharing your story! Congrats on all your progress!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Advice About Selling a Piano, Time flies...! by Silver Keys @ Today at 01:47 PM

Try contacting a technician Some of these guys deal too, and they are usually pretty well connected. You'll owe him a fee, of course.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 01:46 PM

I should point out that I am not proud. I will play anything if it serves a musical purpose. I don't have singular goals like "play La Campanella" or any other common warhorse pieces. I also don't need to have something super advanced in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by casinitaly @ Today at 01:42 PM

If you are sure there aren't pianos where you're staying, then why not try to pack the DP as the very last thing so you can pull it out at the end of the day's drive? I don't see how you can do it otherwise...? I understand wanting to keep your reco
Jump to new posts Re: On Temperament strip muting, and other things by Eric Gloo @ Today at 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Davis I have stated that I do not mind Mark.C posting, and have only asked that he not use the thread as a promotion/springboard for his teaching business as this just brings an element into the threads that I think is not
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber by scholarr @ Today at 01:36 PM

I must say I prefer Pandolfi's playing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Morodiene @ Today at 01:35 PM

Hmm, I will be migrating back north in a couple of weeks...I wonder how I can manage to play a little piano on the road? I'm pretty sure my DP will be well-packed in and no way to access it until we unload. I can play before we leave on Friday mornin
Jump to new posts Re: the government and tuning. by Eric Gloo @ Today at 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: kc_lee... and also do you guys pay taxes. I would think much of piano work can be done "off the books" and not have to pay any taxes or anything, ... If one of your first objectives in starting your own business is t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by casinitaly @ Today at 01:26 PM

Palmpirate, once you go in the excused list, you never come off - the date that is there reflects the last date you were excused, not that you have been off since that date Congrats on the soon to be , or new, arrival!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts This day, last year... by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 01:17 PM

...Was my first piano lesson! So forgive me if I lapse into a little bit of reflection mode. I was so excited to start. It was my 40th birthday present to myself to get a piano, and my first two months of lessons were my mother's gift to me. Bi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Midi controller with a good keybed under 1000$ by slowtraveler @ Today at 01:16 PM

Hi Ov3rload, Based on your stated requirements, I think you've identified the two best choices. If you wanted to consider buying an 88-note weighted keyboard _plus_ a separate MIDI controller, you'd have more options, but otherwise, the two boards y
Jump to new posts Re: On Temperament strip muting, and other things by Mark Davis @ Today at 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: adamp88I'm confused as to why you seem to be taking offense to other people offering their opinions on the topic, Mark. This is a discussion forum, is it not? No need to be confused Adam! I have stated that I do not mind Mar
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by Pathbreaker @ Today at 01:13 PM

Just stopped by to congratulate everyone on another fabulous PW recital. I've been super busy lately but I'm listening when I get the chance.
Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (accordeur, Atrys, anotherscott, Auver, 46 invisible), 1408 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153592 Topics
2251051 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio PX 850
by ryand90
Today at 07:41 PM
Am I Too Old?
by HatemTarek22
Today at 07:34 PM
New 52" upright with 10K budget?
by WCSdancer
Today at 07:26 PM
give up on old acoustics and buy a digital?
by carojm36
Today at 06:41 PM
I think I have a problem
by JoelW
Today at 05:02 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission