Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
131 registered (ando, Almaviva, accordeur, anotherscott, acoxcae, 38 invisible), 1406 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Done Now you can kill it once and for all
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dangerous Move Yami CFX by KurtZ @ Today at 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersAt least there is no risk of this happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo3ohNxEGkM FWIW, it's not a real accident. It's a set up shot on a set. K
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by dynamobt @ Today at 02:48 PM

Got my recording done today. Sure, there are a few bloopers. But, considering I have struggled with this piece for months, I feel pretty good about what I have. I practiced and recorded after plowing us out from Storm Juno. Easily 3 feet of snow w
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Bluesman @ Today at 02:47 PM

My custom piano - just how I think it should sound https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1q6z9rarc9znfm/physis_piano_bluesman_preset.wav?dl=0 And the physis piano prest 02 - US Stage Grand D https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q729i08qvc52vt/physis_piano_us_stage_gr
Jump to new posts Re: Travel Keyboard by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 02:46 PM

CME Xkey or Xkey 37. Very small and flat. Keys are better than one of those roll up keyboards . But not as nice as a synth action. Needs laptop though for sound.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by jimb100 @ Today at 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: RyanhdOriginally Posted By: JytteYou also didn't mention which kind of music you aim to be playing. Advice might be different depending on that. Well, I like to vary what I play. However, I haven't yet tried any classical, it's
Jump to new posts Re: We Need Someone to Build this keyboard PLEASE! by slipperykeys @ Today at 02:41 PM

So we have this..... Originally Posted By: ZeroZero Imagine a robust non plasticky stage keyboard with 88 piano keys, build as well as the Roland. Each key also pressure sensitive. Which gets this pertinant response... Originally Posted By: a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by wimpiano @ Today at 02:41 PM

If you can get one by referral that would be the number one choice. Get one referred by either a (good) piano store or a (knowledgeable) friend. That, the offline option, seems to work better with personal things such as a teacher. Second option woul
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My piece for piano by JonnyJohn @ Today at 02:40 PM

You did a great job, I enjoyed watching you play. I admire you for retaining the personality of the piece throughout and I could hear stories brimming up here and there. Your final section begins at 2:45 with the theme. A suggestion here is to cut
Adult Beginners Forum
This is a GREAT question! You've already received some good perspectives on this so I'll just add one observation I've made based on my experience teaching adult students over the years. (This may or may not apply to you.) I've seen many times that
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Swing has been scientifically analysed and the theories and hypothesis are logical. You may chose to ignore or not understand it but the scientific studies have been done.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by Ryanhd @ Today at 02:30 PM

So I can see getting a teacher is a popular opinion. That leads me to the inevitable question of, what's the best place to find someone? I'm located in Dorset England. I've googled Dorset/UK piano teachers but there are many sites to choose from. Doe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by Forrest Halford @ Today at 02:28 PM

Well, the journey is long, but a common denominator for success is enjoying the journey, because you will spend more time with the journey than you ever will playing a "completed project" What has been your experience with other undertakin
Jump to new posts Re: James Booker Transcription Project by pete3 @ Today at 02:26 PM

Even in his tremolos (Stormy) there was an astounding amount of intent - directionality and pattern. I left the three note (four?) chords simply notated as tremolos. e.g. Ian Pallister does a good job of breaking down JB's 'shimmers' in Sunnyside tr
Jump to new posts Re: Travel Keyboard by Kai C @ Today at 02:25 PM

PS: I already have one of those roller keypads. I have travelled with it before. It is very hard to play, as the black keys are the same level as the white keys, but better than nothing, I guess. I don't think what I am looking for is out there.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dangerous Move Yami CFX by Rich Galassini @ Today at 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTI would never hire someone to move a piano that way. The list of "what could go wrong" scenarios is huge and with some possibly fatal consequences. But they look really cool doing it... until that fir
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by Ryanhd @ Today at 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: JytteYou also didn't mention which kind of music you aim to be playing. Advice might be different depending on that. Well, I like to vary what I play. However, I haven't yet tried any classical, it's mostly film/TV and video ga
Pianist Corner
gould's technique is only good for playing Bach
Your analogy of not being able to explain an accent using words is absolutely perfect! I've often wondered why a definition of "swing" is so elusive, and this makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by Jytte @ Today at 02:18 PM

You also didn't mention which kind of music you aim to be playing. Advice might be different depending on that.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by Jytte @ Today at 02:15 PM

Ryanhd, I know you were asking wimpiano, just wanted to add, that whatever method books you may choose to use... they in themselves may not offer much in the way of motivation, which seems to be your primary problem right now. Some of the threads her
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Grand Piano action from 1894 by David Boyce @ Today at 02:15 PM

Yes, "rocker capstans". A pain in the posterior. There are pics of an 1884 Bechstein grand with the action out on my Bechstein page about a third of the way down http://www.davidboyce.co.uk/bechstein.php That piano is in a school and had
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by wimpiano @ Today at 02:14 PM

If I am not mistaken it's this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfreds-Basic-Ad...red+adult+piano It could well be that the one you linked is the better option. Perhaps our fellow forum members can help you out on that one. In my humble opinion it is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried IRockU? by Markarian @ Today at 02:14 PM

Here are my thoughts: -Website looks like someone in 2004 forgot to flush -You're paying for one-size fits all lessons on video. Just go on YouTube if you want to watch videos -Here is their laughable answer to "How do I learn to Read Music?&qu
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts American Jazz Pianist Competition by AtlanticMusicCtr @ Today at 02:13 PM

This year marks the 2nd Annual American Jazz Pianist Competition. Our first year Atlantic Music Gold Award Winner is Emmet Cohen from New York City. The first year proved to be a great success. We look forward to discovering the next year of ta
Page 9 of 19 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Having goals to aim for
by Arghhh
01/28/15 11:01 PM
Noise from line in on MP7?
by acoxcae
01/28/15 08:55 PM
Schubert and Alkan
by Polyphonist
01/28/15 08:44 PM
Piano Stand
by swamp
01/28/15 08:02 PM
Brahms Shorter Solo Works - Editions?
by DaveInJapan
01/28/15 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
77904 Members
42 Forums
161007 Topics
2365296 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission