Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
115 registered (a2mandel, ADWyatt, accordeur, A Cerulean State, 34 invisible), 1455 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7/8 and 15/16 piano keyboards (ESPKs) the future ? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 02:40 PM

It is interesting that pianists are expected to transcend technical difficulty and limitation, while opera singers eternally excusing themselves with "that doesn't suit my voice" and a whole system of classifications (lyric, spinto, mezzo,
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about hymnal to practice (sight)reading by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

I use the Methodist hymnal for sightreading. It's easy to read and the various cross-referenced indices are nice. The tunes are very pretty.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Chewbacca @ Yesterday at 02:34 PM

For those looking for performance in a small yet stylish package, when can we expect the new sound engine and keyboard to make it to the DP series? Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Mainstage 3.2 by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

I don't have MainStage, but I get some pops or glitches when loading too much virtual instruments (or other applications). I think a CPU problem would be quite fast to appear (a virtual instrument doen't need more CPU with the time). With the memor
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: Dream come true. Boston to Steinway by czernylavion @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

It was designed at the NY Steinway factory for Tanglewood in 2006 and was used during the season of 2014 by a "famous" conductor, name withheld for privacy reasons and sat on the floor at M. Steinert for a year. I was told by my dealer that
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Presentation thread by jmw @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way..." I can't remember the country singer, but the tune still lingers. John
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Abba's Dancing Queen piano up for auction by Thrill Science @ Yesterday at 02:07 PM

I love that song!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strategies for Passing Part 1 of the PTG Tuning exam by Robert Scott @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By kpembrookOriginally Posted By Robert ScottOriginally Posted By Olek I am unsure also that partials are created when the fork is laid on a surface. If so where do they come from ? Was it tested? (you could source some of your affi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to get not published ABRSM exam pieces? by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

You can use music from any source if it is a standard repertoire piece, such as a Bach invention or a Sonata movement. One tip though - you cannot use a photocopy for the exam, so I would avoid the online free scores. They may be legal, but I would
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Grandman @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

What I'm really interested in knowing is how it sounds through the external speakers. In these youtube videos and the promotional videos, quite often it is the digital recording you are listening to, which always sounds good. Not really sure what we
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interval reading by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoChords and intervals on staff are nothing but common shapes with distinct angles. If you can recognize shapes quickly, you start to recognize common patterns. That's why most pianists would have to slow down when they r
Links to Additional Sources
Jump to new posts ->THE<- New youtube channel to follow absolutely !!! :D by Kyfran54 @ Yesterday at 01:55 PM

Hi everyone, I have to introduce myself , my name is francky , I 'm 26 and I'm french . I practice the piano for a year and I learned alone. I created a youtube channel do not hesitate to come see my compositions , like them, comment on them and s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Abba's Dancing Queen piano up for auction by Markarian @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

Abba still can't hold a candle to these guys Link
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By HwyStarThe audio distorts in certain places but an example is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B6QIH676OA Thanks for sharing the link! Sounds like real progress in string resonance. Impressive. They need to get a b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by dat77 @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Hi everyone: I hope it's ok for me to be here. I am not using the faber aio. I am using the regular faber books. I wish I did start out with faber. I started out using alfreds basic adult. I did books 1 and 2. My teacher moved me over to faber
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Hiiii Everyone , Kyfran54 présentation :D by Kyfran54 @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Hi everyone, I have to introduce myself , my name is francky , I 'm 26 and I'm french . I practice the piano for a year and I learned alone. I created a youtube channel do not hesitate to come see my compositions , like them, comment on them and s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who made my piano? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

Piano pseudo-heraldry is an interesting topic.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Positioning by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

Thanks for the input thus far. For D /A the furniture will be a stereo stack with two Magnepan speakers and a wall book shelf. Similar to this
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who made my piano? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

It might help to post some more pictures of the entire piano and some details of the action, bridges, etc.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Positioning by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

Probably D or A -- I'm not sure what the piece of furniture is that would be behind you in the corner in those drawings. The good news is that you don't have to commit to an exact position. With a friend to help, you can make small adjustments i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Self-Taught Bach Lover - Practice Tips by sor @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

I have to memorize everything also, but with practice becomes easier and faster, I have also noticed if you practice slowly once you get the notes under muscle memory playing it faster becomes easier.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Positioning by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

I would go with "D". Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by AmandaH @ Yesterday at 01:15 PM

I looked the app up last night and downloaded it. It's pretty neat... Not sure I have anything worthy of playing yet... My username is MixyChan.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Positioning by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

As a player, I get SO tired of playing to people behind my back. I'd put the piano at a 45-degree angle with a couch angled parallel (also at a 45-degree angle) with a listener's view of the keyboard, if I had my druthers (but that takes a rather lar
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by HwyStar @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

The audio distorts in certain places but an example is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B6QIH676OA
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dampers on my 100 Year old grand
by Musicdude
08/29/15 06:53 AM
Yamaha CLP 535, Roland HP 504 or Yamaha CLP 575?
by CR37
08/29/15 05:30 AM
you tune the first string
by Olek
08/29/15 01:59 AM
Has anyone used Leila Fletcher method?
by blueston
08/28/15 10:35 PM
Beginner self study resources for mostly non-classical music
by Hine
08/28/15 06:56 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,560 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,498 Topics
2,440,082 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission