Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kristian Bezuidenhout on Mozart and his piano music by David-G @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: dolce sfogatoI'm so glad that no modern pianist does what the 'authentic' school prescribes: here and there some silly ornament, very unsteady rhythm, not very impressive virtuosity, it all is a hoax. Dolce, did you listen to th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: PaintedPostDaveHello Bosendorff, What are you plotting on the y-axis? It looks like it may be in cents but is it the deviation of the first partial as observed by a line spectrum from the fundamental as defined by equal tempera
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by kalee21 @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

I had a Steinway B in my London house for over 20 years maintaining 50% RH +/- 5% by means of an active system for the entire room (pretty much covers the entire house really). The piano was extremely stable in all respects. No problems at all with
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: KreislerThe Liszt is harder to perform successfully. But not because of the technical difficulties. Let me guess... the musicality?
Pianist Corner
The Liszt is harder to perform successfully. But not because of the technical difficulties.
Piano Forum
Sam, with all due respect, what you just said with respect to rebuilds does not make any sense.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by johnlewisgrant @ Yesterday at 02:47 PM

I've used Damp-Chaser for 20 years. Good, not great. Perfectly regulated humidity pays off big, big time. Not just keeping the piano IN TUNE; but in the action and feel. HUGELY important. Solution.... http://www.thermomart.com/humidity-control-
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

Scorpio, You might want to check out Roland's RD-800 which has a phenomenal action and a lot of versatility. Also, I haven't played Yamaha's CP4, but it seems to get really good reviews in terms of the quality of the action. If you like the ya
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Memoirs ! ( Impromptu in C# ) by bharatbash @ Yesterday at 02:40 PM

Greetings ! I was reminiscing about my old days and long lost mates, and this is what i wrote with those thoughts : http://soundcloud.com/bharat-ssarma/memoirs It's in the key of C sharp. All improvised and in one take. Pardon the background noi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by Art_Vandelay @ Yesterday at 02:36 PM

Personally, I'm fine with a so-called disciplinarian, as long as I know that the method behind their discipline will get me results. Nothing wrong with some tough love.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by PatrickBl @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

Thanks Lennert for the links. It's a great sound. Might be tricky wearing the MP7 around the neck though :-) I note that Casio PX-5S owners have a thriving setup-file exchange hosted through their Casio forums. I wondered if Kawai might eventually h
Piano Forum
Personally, I'd rather steer well clear of a rebuild, for my money I'd rather have either A new piano or a good original condition second-hand one. Don't get me wrong I'm well aware there can be nothing wrong with a rebuild, especially if it's don
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by Dave Weiser @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

For all work applications (Broadway shows) I use Macbooks with SSD. Over the past few years I've purchased and set up around 100 of them - very robust and reliable. We use RME interfaces because they're also quite reliable. But on these shows someone
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Who's inspiring you right now? by jjo @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

Listening to a lot of Woody Shaw,much of which has Onaje Allan Gumbs on piano.
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: slipperykeysIf anybody uses music stands like I do, stacking one book on top of the other until it is all unmanageable, some feeble clips on the back would actually be useless. I agree it seems wrong for Roland not to include th
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: rock accompaniment block chords - 7ths by tim treford @ Yesterday at 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: synthplayer But I was just curious, aren't there times in rock songs where you'd WANT that thuddy sound and play all tones of the 7th in the right hand like in my example above? Hi there In my opinion, a lot of good things are
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can't play to my fullest potential without a good grand by sandalholme @ Yesterday at 02:27 PM

There's an old saying: it's a poor workman who blames his tools.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano/keyboard with lighter keys? by toddy @ Yesterday at 02:26 PM

Well the DGX-305 seems to have an ordinary spring key action, not a hammer action keyboard like a piano. It would not be suitable for learning piano on, I don't think - your P105 is better. If possible, when you play, use the weight in your forearm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by sandalholme @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

A writer will tend to regard words as expressing what s/he means and that others will understand; a painter similarly through painting; a composer through music. What is (and I know some will disagree) clear - to me at any rate - is that one art form
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Correcting Heavy Piano Touchweight in Grand Pianos by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 02:21 PM

To James Carney, popping off the hammers and doing the side taper may be a possible solution, but it depends. If any side tapering has been done before, then it would be awkward to do any side tapering other than by freehand on a sander. It's not g
Pianist Corner
Many of you think it's "childish to compare 2 difficult showpieces" and whatnot. Nevertheless, i'd appreciate you guys' opinions. What do you think - which of these 2 pieces has the more ferocious technical difficulties? simply, which do y
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scriabin: Sonata #2 in g-sharp minor, op. 19 by Emanuel Ravelli @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

This is a wonderful performance -- the turbulence and tenderness so characteristic of early Scriabin come shining through in your interpretation. I'm not sure why you think of this as a work in progress. Only a few false notes here and there; when
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by dewster @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

Ran across this the other day, I had no idea ARM processors had reached this point: http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G138745696275 A single board 1.7GHz quad core computer for $65 - retail! I forget - could someone pl
Adult Beginners Forum
Putting both your chord sequence (which isn't yet quite correct) and melody to one side, look again at your left hand pattern for the first chord. You've got the right notes but in the wrong order (I think there's a joke about that somewhere...Andre
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by Atrys @ Yesterday at 02:07 PM

No, don't look for a "disciplinarian", which is a terrible idea. Simply look for someone who teaches well and in the correct way.
Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
75 registered (barbaram, AndrewJCW, 36251, Allard, BarryDMD, 25 invisible), 1377 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75553 Members
42 Forums
156220 Topics
2294280 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best Digital Piano for Touch
by JoeCPiano
Today at 04:50 AM
Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear!
by Kuanpiano
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Finger "Tapes": Purpose?
by CleverName
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
Accessories needed for grand pianos.
by Stevio55
Yesterday at 08:31 PM
Schulze Pollmann 113e Moderno detail information?
by pdxfz1
Yesterday at 07:12 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission