Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
125 registered (Alexander Borro, anotherscott, anamnesis, 44 invisible), 2002 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: NYTimes review of Aimard's performance of WTC Book1 by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

I agree with Mr. Tommasini exactly 42.8% of the time. Any art critic will write from a seasoned perspective (or should) and if a history of good writing with penetrating insights is evident in their writing then I am interested in reading their per
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXOriginally Posted By: earlofmarsort of an AOTW - out with my cycling buddies this morning on one of the hottest days so far this year (39C) and gave an impromptu performance on a street piano. Never performed to anyone bu
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: anotherscottmaybe a simple 2-character LED display that would let me know which sound I had selected, and line in and out jacks, that would be enough for me, and would justify a $200 price increase A (LED-)backlit LCD would be c
Jump to new posts Re: Humidity and condensation by emenelton @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

Of course if you've got a spare million in your dresser drawer: http://www.composites-manufacturing.com/features/14/20132/354/
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite flange screws by rysowers @ Yesterday at 05:00 PM

Thanks John, I spoke with Renner about the washers, and was told that the washers were separate. They must have stopped using the swaged washer? Anyways, I ended up ordering them from Pianoforte Supply - they were considerably less $$ and look the
Jump to new posts Re: Some keys are much louder than others in Yamaha nu1 by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 04:50 PM

Thanks for the tip. I've had mine nearly 3 years, leave the fallboard open, keys uncovered, ignore the dust on the polyester finish in sunlight, practice or play every day, and have had no problems at all. The service manual describes a diagnostic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping cats away from piano? by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

Did you know cats were the real reason victorian ladies covered their piano legs? Nothing new under the sun etc.
Jump to new posts Re: Humidity and condensation by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Ask for advice in the technicians forum, good luck.
Jump to new posts Re: Inside out piano by Herr Weiss @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Very interesting piano!! I will peruse the photos, thank you. Thank God it's bolted to the wall! (my first thought) HW
Jump to new posts Re: Humidity and condensation by maurus @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

An acoustic piano in these conditions (strongly varying humidity and condensation in particular) will deteriorate so quickly that it will be a quick loss of money and, what's more, much too cruel to a precious musical instrument. Covers etc. won't he
Hi,I'm coming to this late, but I've had a couple of noisy, too-loud keys in my nu1. Decided it might be dust in the sensors, so I gently hoovered the keyboard. Push down each key, hoover hose in proximity but not touching. Seems to have cured it. N
Its a long process. Be sure to bring your water bottle!
Jump to new posts Re: Using a headphone make me feel a bit dizzy by Peter071 @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

Thank you for all the replies. I have the hearing test in two weeks. But I will try my own headphone on a DP in a store, and compare it with a headphone from the store. During the day I play on an acoustic Yamaha. But in the evening I use the DP wi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Blind comparison/review of the interpretation of a piece? by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Definitely the second version, and I haven't even finished listening to it!
Jump to new posts Re: questions about tuning the top octave by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Silverwood Pianos Is a presumptuous pile of crap. But hey lets blame all of those terribly dishonest piano tuners everywhere, because they don’t care, they are tired, they are impatient, and whatever else one can presume about o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by Riddler @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

Thanks to all who listened to my piece and commented so thoughtfully and so generously. I deeply appreciate it. Originally Posted By: jazztpt... 16. Riddler (Ed) - Warsaw Concerto Somehow I know this , the name of the piece and also the melody
Jump to new posts Re: CA95 - Midi - Play From Usb Stick by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

Yes, the CA95 support Standard MIDI File (see page 54 of the manual). But... it will render only the instrument it knows about (or render the notes of a unkown instrument with a default one). If you take a random MIDI file, it will generaly use some
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for a returner by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

You can do it either way. There are a lot who have teachers, and a lot self taught, like myself. If you're in the USA or another country that has community colleges, you might see if they have extension classes for beginning piano.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Hakkicarey, this was very good as always. I am always impressed by your clean and thoughtful playing, be it a little piece like this or a major work. And your piano sounds great. Thank you Hakki. Of course - I can say the sam
Adult Beginners Forum
[quote=Johan B Time to study something new.......surprise her....... Best regards, Johan B [/quote] Alas, it doesn't quite work that way. I'm working on "Begin the Beguine" right now, trying to decide on chords, voicings, dropping
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fairyland in Treble - duets by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: careyI'm sure the composer of the original prelude would approve. Who? What? When? Who on earth gave you the idea that there's a certain someone who composed a prelude that is the original version, huh? I'm very much insult
Jump to new posts Re: Best Headphone for CLP-585 by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: mabraman Most of generic headphones wich are for home use (hi-fi, pc) are not good for piano. They are going to alter the natural sound of your Yamaha. I disagree. Crikey. Twice in one day. I ag
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway k-52 by Kingfish_g6 @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

Space is an issue and I have been impressed with Steinway. If space is not an issue, I might go with a Model M or O. I know there are other good options out there with Yamaha, (others will probably disagree) or Schimmel. My wife has a 2006 Petrof upr
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach WTC: Good Editions? by DaveInJapan @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. Quote:AZNPiano: I've been using Henle, but I might switch to Barenreiter for all of my students. Is there something in particular about the Baerenreiter edition of WTC that is preferable to Henle? Also, are you ref
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by Ganddalf @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

This is one of the few evenings I really had the opportunity to practice. I'm currently brushing up some Mendelssohn pieces I played for the themed recital some time ago (and even a few of the ones I didn't submit for the recital). Then I have been w
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets: Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
"To the memory of an angel" - can we believe composers??
by bennevis
11/22/14 10:31 AM
Trade Regrets - Barry "Bear" Arnaut
by Piano World
11/22/14 10:29 AM
What should dealer prep include
by pinkfloydhomer
11/22/14 06:58 AM
Concert prep
by SMHaley
11/22/14 12:19 AM
Gillette Piano Academy
by Jonathan Baker
11/21/14 11:15 PM
Forum Stats
77000 Members
42 Forums
159260 Topics
2339574 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission