Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
111 registered (Albunea, Bach2Black, AndraK, ambrozy, augustm, AZNpiano, 29 invisible), 2254 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
PS. this will sell out soon.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 11th Chords by Nahum @ Today at 12:33 AM

Imposition of 11 on X7 is possible in some acoustic conditions: 1. If the note is moved upwards by more than an octave; 2. If below it is the lining of perfect fifths - CGEBb / EbBbF play arpeggiato (broken) C / EBbF - Monk's style
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easy String Calc / Mensurix 5 by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:15 AM

BDB, Did you finally turn in that paper to him you promised on deriving and tuning an equally tempered 12 note to the octave musical scale via the combinatorics method you promote here on PW?
Jump to new posts Re: Easy String Calc / Mensurix 5 by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

Friday I went to an opening of a show and ran into one of my old math professors. We discussed arguments like this and his comment was, "Repeating it is not proof."
Jump to new posts Re: Strange action feeling by rXd @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By TheTunerDear rXd Thanks very much for your input. I already thought about moving the wippen rail. I will take a closer look at possible marks. When I first removed the action from the key, some of the screws were bent. Could be a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Miguel ReyMy favorite living pianists under 40. I think when giving critique one must not forget his age. But that would imply he's only "good for his age", no? No, like other artist
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 wish list by bolobao @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

You're right, of course. And Kawai James has expressed the same sentiment several times before. But the VPC1 is 4 years old now, and it seems there are a number of straightforward improvements that would make a VPC2 a easy home run: MP11 chassis + GF
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks. I'll find a teacher when the fire starts to burn out. Alfred's is a lot of fun right now, I'll stick with Alfred's and find a YouTube beginner channel for the time being. Thanks everyone!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: German piano industry and ?? by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Globalization has been inevitable for some time. And made in USA Baldwin will most likely put the company out of business. Know body in the US will be willing to pay the price neither will the rest of the world. And the rest of the world is where
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Just played in the hotel lobby. Nice for them to give me access. Made tons of mistakes but went ok. Actually a few people came to me and said how beautiful it sounded. Apparently not so many people knew these pieces. Lucky for me. Due to my exc
Adult Beginners Forum
Alfred's will teach you sight reading and the basics IF you stick with it. That is the problem with self study. There you are all full of ambition and then something shiny pops up and suddenly you haven't practiced in a couple of weeks. The struct
Adult Beginners Forum
My dentist used to tell me .... "Only floss the ones you want to keep". The corollary here is ... Only get a teacher if you wish to make steady progress. Good Luck
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Benjamin Grosvenor wins NY Philharmonic's new piano prize by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

This was released ahead of his new CD. I have watched it quite a bit and it outstandingly captures the almost dangerous, secret pleasure implied. And listen to how he caresses the middle section- this is great Liszt playing! Berezovsky, in contrast,
Adult Beginners Forum
I didn't want this thread to fall to page 2, so I'm bumping it up. Blackjack, I see that you have been progressing well in Book 2, and also playing Chopin. Wow! That's awesome! As a self learner, I'm moving lot more slowly. Plus, I've slacked of
Jump to new posts Re: Easy String Calc / Mensurix 5 by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:33 PM

Richard Dain who produces the Phoenix piano used to use bridge agraffes on all the notes of the compass. Without even hearing a piano so configured I predicted one would hear high frequency, pulsing sounds from the top octaves. (These sounds are larg
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 wish list by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

What makes you think that Kawai will announce a new model? They'll do so if there is a business need. But given that the VPC has no competition, I would not expect a new model. Don't hold your breath.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where does all the music go? by Ralphiano @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By OrgantoPiano The sad thing about old music is that it turns yellow and starts to turn moldy, something my allergies don't like. My favorite music, of late, has been an old, yellowing and decaying copy of Alexandre Tansman's P
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by SadieLady @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

I've been reading along with this topic. At first I wasn't getting it at all, even though I can usually pick melodies out with my right hand. I just can't figure out where to start with the left. The lightbulbs starting to go on now, ever so dimly. T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'd like to take a vote... Kawai KG2D or Yamaha G1? by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

generally, the limitation for smaller grands is most obvious in the bass notes. some small grands are weak in the high treble as well, but that was not the case with the 5'3 in. yamaha in my possession many years ago. if you really like a smaller pia
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks Jazzy! Any other input is appreciated :)))
Member Recordings
[NEW] Porter Robinson & Madeon - "Shelter" (Piano Cover + Piano Tutorial by Amosdoll) Recently, a short film called "Shelter" with beautiful music by Porter Robinson & Madeon was trending all over YouTube. Here is my pian
Adult Beginners Forum
Welcome! As far as getting a teacher, the credited response in these forums is that a teacher is the way to go--end of statement. You can do some research for teachers in the area and see if they will work with you for every other week. Some teach
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by Veelo @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

More things I've noticed while figuring out the chords: - I entered the chord names in hooktheory. It's interesting to see the chord functions, e.g. when I was looking for an A diminished chord I couldn't find it among the suggested chords (i, iiĀ°
Jump to new posts Re: Strange action feeling by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

By the way, isn't action ratio equal to hammer travel / key travel, not blow distance / key travel?
Jump to new posts Re: Strange action feeling by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Well, you've just added a few extra steps. You've assumed that we want to keep aftertouch the same, and therefore had to change hammer height to preserve aftertouch. So, we're back at step one. Changing key dip does not, by itself, change blow dist
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway model M (1930s) opinions?
by AndraK
10/24/16 04:29 PM
Disklavier Enspire ST and CL
by gnuboi
10/24/16 02:57 PM
Piece Suggestions?
by pianoplayingpig
10/24/16 02:38 PM
Flexible tape for music sheets
by SoundThumb
10/24/16 02:27 PM
The New Bechstein Digital
by edger
10/24/16 02:21 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,349 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,945 Topics
2,565,475 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission