Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Looking for suggestions or assistance. I am researching the history of our Erard Grand Piano (#84877). The piano cabinet was fashioned by Francois Linke. Records I have viewed online, indicate that the piano was originally built from August to De
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by fcar @ Today at 11:46 AM

I can only echo what everyone here has written. Marty is and will be missed.
Pianist Corner
He wants me to practice this Bartok to help me better w. legato...but more specifically, to help me play more musically and less 'digital'. I'm 4/5s done with Agay's The Joy of First Yr Piano. Which was so much better than the Alfreds when I was le
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Ribs on an OLD board ?? by chernobieff @ Today at 11:42 AM

Craig Hair, "Well, the first thing that will happen, as soon as the old ribs are removed, is that the board will re-dimension itself; it will shrink perpendicular to the grain, and he will lose purchase on the rast. He will need to insert spacer
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Inlanding @ Today at 11:41 AM

Marty brought so many gifts to our lives. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends. Glen
Jump to new posts Re: New Ribs on an OLD board ?? by Craig Hair @ Today at 11:33 AM

Olek, Good morning. This may be a tad OT, but as it has to do with old tonewood, it's not that far afield. It is fascinating that your brother actually has long term familiarity with a really fine old violin. He may be the perfect person to make a
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by Polyphonist @ Today at 11:32 AM

I've picked up exactly where you left off. My quota ends just where the measure is cut off in the image.
Adult Beginners Forum
Loads of classical music utilises simple chords which are used in arpeggios and other non chord situations. I like to notate some of my music to reflect this; it helps me "Think Chord" so I know where to put my fat mitts. . .and also to
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with easy presets by David Farley @ Today at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesAh, sorry about that...I knew it didn't look right after posting. I think what I meant to say is that the CP4's organs are just the 'rompler' variety - there's no drawbar interaction, or ability to set percussion, C
Jump to new posts Re: Bluthner 5694 underway by Tuneless @ Today at 11:13 AM

Hi Craig. Has there been more progress? Perhaps another folder?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can Classical Study and "Chord Playing" Co-exist? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: dire tonicCo-exist? They don't conflict so, most certainly, yes. These are two independent representations with the dubious advantage that 'chords' leave a lot up to the player. . . . Pick a song and get stuck in. +1. It's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any clues on frequent third beat notes on a metronome? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 11:04 AM

If a piece has eighth notes, and triplet 16th notes (so three 16's = one eighth note), you set the metronome to eighth note beats. Getting the 16th-not triplets _even_ is a job for your ear, not for the metronome. If a piece has both triplet 16th n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Pianniversary by BrianDX @ Today at 11:01 AM

Keep up the good work Philip!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by BrianDX @ Today at 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: joturOriginally Posted By: BrianDX... I think you may be forgetting what it is like for us folks who are beginners, and what it feels like to put a performance out to the rest of you. It's tough, dude! It's tough for all of us
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Mp7 advice / help by Lennert @ Today at 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: IMOL 1) How can I level out the volume of Setup memories? You have to do that manually by ear I guess. Not really sure what you mean though. Originally Posted By: IMOL 2) It happens to me a strange effect. When you change th
Jump to new posts Re: Explanation article - False Beats by Gadzar @ Today at 10:55 AM

So, falseness is not caused by twists in the string. That's what I suspected. I mean, all of the wound strings are purposely twisted in order to tighten the copper around the core.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by carey @ Today at 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Rich GalassiniOriginally Posted By: Karl WatsonFriends: Woke this morning (mourning?) to find that I was still grappling with this loss, the loss of one that I'd never actually met. It's so obvious that he was an artist and lo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First pianolesson in thirty years by Charles Cohen @ Today at 10:48 AM

Welcome back! . Charles
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by BrianDX @ Today at 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: ShiroKuroI think it's worth repeating that not everyone shares Mr SH's view that editing equals cheating, which I think may be what BrianDX was responding to in thinking Mr SH's posted sounded a bit harsh. Exactly correct! You w
Jump to new posts Re: Mixer for live-use by Charles Cohen @ Today at 10:46 AM

You'll get similar function from the Behringer "small-format" mixers, with USB interfaces. One example: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/Q802USB.aspx You may be disappointed about avoiding the DI boxes. I have a Behringer Xenyx 802
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Rich Galassini @ Today at 10:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Karl WatsonFriends: Woke this morning (mourning?) to find that I was still grappling with this loss, the loss of one that I'd never actually met. It's so obvious that he was an artist and loved everything about pianos. What a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Pianniversary by Barry1963 @ Today at 10:39 AM

Congrats !! glad to hear youre making progress. Oct 21st is my birthday , so we'll both be celebrating that day !!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Karl Watson @ Today at 10:36 AM

Friends: Woke this morning (mourning?) to find that I was still grappling with this loss, the loss of one that I'd never actually met. It's so obvious that he was an artist and loved everything about pianos. What an inspiration ! Karl Watson, Sta
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: BrianDX... I think you may be forgetting what it is like for us folks who are beginners, and what it feels like to put a performance out to the rest of you. It's tough, dude! It's tough for all of us. We definitely haven't for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Pianniversary by wimpiano @ Today at 10:30 AM

Happy pianniversary That's quite good, Auld Lang Syne is not that easy. My pianniversary is equal to my anniversary since my piano got delivered on my birhday.
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
10/20/14 07:58 PM
Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia!
by Jtreimer
10/20/14 07:21 PM
Piano tuning career prospects 2014
by Morrisos
10/20/14 06:56 PM
Ack! My piano is diseased!
by TwoSnowflakes
10/20/14 06:34 PM
Painting Piano Keys
by imustlearn
10/20/14 06:00 PM
Who's Online
123 registered (anamnesis, anotherscott, accordeur, Alkanaut, 38 invisible), 1456 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158391 Topics
2325848 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission