Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
55 registered (alwatson, bSharp[C]yclist, Cassia, augustm, AZNpiano, 9 invisible), 1691 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Reading this thread, I've thought of you again, Timothy = Thread Just make sure you really want to prepare to enter the conservatory. Learning for exams and learning just for sake of learning can be very different. The way it is in Spain, I thin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: lifetime of well maintained higher class upright pianos? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 11:27 AM

You live in Minneapolis. There's no such thing as a 100 year old piano in decent condition!! (At least, not without a ton of rebuilding work) For that matter, I can't cite a good, original condition piano I ever played in 8 years of living/teaching/
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By MuoveQuote: ... Grades 6,7,8 are considerably harder than grades 1,2,3 for adults who never played piano as a child. Having played a lot of piano while very young is the key. My children found grades 1,2,3 hardest, but they gli
Adult Beginners Forum
To all: I don't know what "Conservatory" means in your countries, but here it is something like "Official School of Music". In general, it's children who start at it, but there are possibilities for adults too. If we can start at
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by Keith D Kerman @ Yesterday at 11:21 AM

Hi AJB, When I say radically different I am referring to the Phoenix belly vs the Steingraeber belly which is a classically designed belly with a solid spruce soundboard and maple capped bridge with controlled down bearing. I think maybe you though
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Almost certainly natural wood. Ebonized finishes were rare on uprights unless they were expensive models before WWII.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: RD-2000 or CP4? by Macsaint777 @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

Doug and James, thank you both for your input! Doug, like Dave you have been very thorough in your response. I have played a CP4 for a bit in a store a few months back, I wasn't really considering it at the time, just messing around. I remember not l
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Losing your old teacher by AJB @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

Very interesting post. PD. I was super enthusiastic as a young child when I started, but my memories of my first teacher (Mrs Grimes - with the emphasis on grim) are that she was a a crazy old lady who used to hit me over the knuckles with a wooden
Jump to new posts Re: Best Way to Clean an Old Antique Alligator Finish? by Steve Senseney @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

Is this a natural wood or ebonized finish?
Adult Beginners Forum
Timothy, what you said you are going to do is the first you need to do: Get information from your Conservatory. Maybe they talk to you about it themselves, but if they don't, what you need is a teacher who knows about the exams to enter the Conserva
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Scale Harmonization by cmajornine @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

For an explanation on Harmonization see http://www.thejazzpianosite.com/jazz-piano-lessons/the-basics/harmonisation Download This Midi File on Scale Voicings. https://app.box.com/s/lx66byywmkbexqq0h3k3h1no7agsfbcx The data file is in Midi Format.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest piano work by nationality by BruceD @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverus[....]the question becomes somewhat silly.[...]
Jump to new posts Re: PHA-50 key action issue.. am I being fussy? by Monnet @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By Goss*update* Well, disappointing. The tech did some tests with other PHA-50 equipped key actions, and found similar discrepancies with all of them - he tried 3 pianos. He contacted Roland, and they responded this issue cannot b
Piano Forum
Well, we sent the piano off to the shop! [img:center][/img]
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Piano Picture by Justin Davis @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

picture of piano
Jump to new posts Re: RD-2000 or CP4? by Doug M. @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesI'm a big fan of the CP4, perhaps more so the EPs than the APs. I have yet to try the RD-2000, but wasn't bowled over by the RD-800's EPs. The CP4 is an older model, but it's still a great board in my opinion. Howev
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by UnrightTooner @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTTune an 8:4 octave and then try to tune all pure 5ths within it? Are you saying there will be no wolf? Not possible IMHO. The test for an 8:4 octave is the m6/M3 test. Like F3-C#4 beats the same as C#4-F4. Got
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions Please - Boston vs Charles Walter by Karl Watson @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

cmb13: Not even close. Chas. Walter every time. Karl Watson, Staten Island, NY
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by SonatainfSharp @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

When I was a brand new teacher out of college at 22 years old, my second student was a woman older than 80. It was fabulous! My oldest student now is a very young 66.
Jump to new posts Re: RD-2000 or CP4? by Doug M. @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By Macsaint777 From what I can surmise from YouTube videos, the V-Piano sounds in the RD-2000 sound good, but there is a realism to the CP4 sound that modeled pianos don't seem to have. Now, I know many of you here have the CP4 and
Piano Forum
I think people are forgetting the strength of the USD over the GPB and Euro. These price savings probably wouldn't be so much if we were talking about this a few years ago. Nonetheless, it doesn't make it not true. I would hope US Dealers are ta
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: wnat to improve sightreading by dogperson @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

You need to differentiate the difference between developing 'sight reading' and developing 'reading' skills. Sight reading means you play through at a reasonably accurate tempo and believable (not accurate) notation, without stopping. Think about
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By trigalg693Well it seems I need to make a correction, I went on their website and it seems between yesterday and today the prices have been changed quite a bit. Now they are just slightly discounted to the equivalent size Steingra
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Writing a fugue(without a prelude before it?) by SonatainfSharp @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

Study lots of fugues, then write one. You can either follow all of the rules of a fugue and counterpoint, or just write whatever the heck you want. That's the beauty of composing (and the arts in general)! You don't have to answer to anyone but your
Jump to new posts Re: Client database ideas? (Need some experienced input) by P W Grey @ Yesterday at 10:27 AM

Rick, If it integrates seamlessly with Quickbooks you've got a sure customer here. Pwg
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Historical middle tone temperament
by Maximillyan
25 minutes 3 seconds ago
What is to be gained from belly work?
by PeterSim
Today at 12:10 AM
Steinway Model M
by woohoo123
Yesterday at 07:22 PM
Digital piano as a music player vs slab piano + stereo
by Alohaneko
Yesterday at 06:03 PM
Slow hammers
by Ahmedn1
Yesterday at 05:57 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,788 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,703 Topics
2,601,645 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission