Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (Anne'sson, Anita Potter, 36251, anamnesis, Al Quinn, 38 invisible), 1525 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
That kind of silent movie accompaniment was often improvised.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Beethoven Sonata Op.79 by Works1 @ Today at 11:14 AM

Can someone please post the right hand fingering of the first 4 measures of the third movement (vivace) from the Henle edition of this sonata if they have it. I checked IMSLP but this edition is not there. Thanks in advance.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Audio Differences by emenelton @ Today at 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By OneWatt Thank you for clarifying - sounds like we all agree that the signal path as you've described it shouldn't make any difference. I don't agree, signal path can make a big difference, absolutely, but so can headphon
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Audio Differences by OneWatt @ Today at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By GA MP6Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By OneWattQuestion: Are you listening to the XLR>DAW recording using those same headphones? Or are you listening to this recording through studio monitors or other speake
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Please help - new Steinway B by chasingrainbows @ Today at 10:58 AM

I posted in March about a 6 year old Steinway B I purchased in January. It sounded wonderful in the factory, and after some minor cosmetic work, I returned to the showroom, where I thought it sounded slightly out of tune in the store. I should have s
Jump to new posts Re: BEST FOR CARRYING AROUND? by fizikisto @ Today at 10:53 AM

If money's no object, I'd look seriously at the Nord Stage 2 EX HP76 (weighted action - 27 lb) or the Stage 2 EX Compact (Semi-weighted action, 21 lbs. If you can afford one of those, you'll be hard pressed to find a board as versatile and light we
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Mellow sound of Chopin's piano by Maximillyan @ Today at 10:51 AM

Yours grand piano have deep matte mysterious bewitching bass, I'm liked it's Here also Chopin Nocturne op 55 NO°1 (Bluthner grand piano) https://youtu.be/GdhCjtzJoRY see from 5: 51
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Special Needs or, behavior issues, or normal? by chasingrainbows @ Today at 10:51 AM

Heather, we can't hang curtains - it's a studio precaution so that lessons are visible to the parents, etc. It seems that everything sets her off. When I attempt to instruct, she says my talking distracts her, when we play duets, she says that dist
Piano Forum
I'm pretty sure it's from a Mozart opera.
Member Recordings
One of my favourite pieces https://youtu.be/5oPo3R5ceb0
Piano Forum
Good day everyone, The theme I am searching for is in this video, you can clearly hear it at 0:00 an 0:46 (a bit faster). Villain theme I want to search sheet music for this but I don't know the name of this piece. Does someone here know the
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Audio Differences by Alexander Borro @ Today at 10:41 AM

I wonder what headphones it is model etc and what it is not connected directly to the piano but when recording. I doubt it would make that drastic a difference, but headphones impedance can very a bit in some cases over the frequency range and depend
Jump to new posts Re: BEST FOR CARRYING AROUND? by gracegren @ Today at 10:41 AM

I have been doing a lot of research on the topic of a lighter weight, weighted 88-key pianos. There is the Numa Compact at 17 lbs, that sells at Kraft Music, but have been unable to try it and it appears to be semi-weighted. At 24 lbs. there is the
Piano Forum
Thanks to everyone for your feedback! The potential piano is at a private buyer, and not even in my state, so if it even gets to that point I'll be visiting and deciding whether to commit. Someone else (some complicated transaction) has first dibs
Piano Forum
Could anyone give me the "average" street price for a U1 in the US, ignoring those very low prices that I alway hear about? From one post in this thread, I am hearing $6000 US. That is 717434.74 Japanese Yen, which is about $7350 Canadian
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
My guess is that the piano is an upright. Learning tuning is difficult if you are doing it on your own. To my ears you need to learn to tune much quieter unisons. There is a lot of movement in them as they are now. Are you tuning each string using a
Thanks James, will definitely considering getting one of those then :-)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Short list of music you'd like to play by Okay @ Today at 10:36 AM

Chopin - Impromptu n°3, opus 25 n°1,2,4,6,7,11 (revamping the op 25 full set, but playing those numbers only next month)
.......just to put this polyphony thing in proportion, a jazz or rock band going full pelt may produce around 20-30 notes at once (2 guitars, bass, handful of drums and percussion and keyboards. It would be exceptional, though – an end of Sgt. Pepp
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will a 7-footer be too big for my living room? by pianoloverus @ Today at 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By KurtZThat calculation in Piano Buyer is based on a long ago dismissed myth that bass waves need room to develop. That simply isn't true and a moments thought about bass waves and headphones will show it to be the gibberish that
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Audio Differences by GA MP6 @ Today at 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By OneWattQuestion: Are you listening to the XLR>DAW recording using those same headphones? Or are you listening to this recording through studio monitors or other speakers? Good point. Listening
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Might have to switch from PC to Apple by KurtZ @ Today at 10:23 AM

Funny, After bleeding the five colors for 25 or so years, I'm thinking about switching the other way. Kurt
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By dire tonicIs there anywhere a recording of your piano playing, OneWatt? Luckily, not publicly. Originally Posted By dire tonicTaking up drums might accrue some benefit in learning to sight-read syncopated rhythms (if we were bo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ Today at 10:19 AM

Ragdoll - Ouch! That sounds horrible. I am glad you are doing better!
Piano Forum
That calculation in Piano Buyer is based on a long ago dismissed myth that bass waves need room to develop. That simply isn't true and a moments thought about bass waves and headphones will show it to be the gibberish that it is. In terms of your s
Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fundamental Keys Group
by soundsquire
04/21/15 10:01 PM
New Clavinova CLP-585 & recordings
by pv88
04/21/15 09:55 PM
Advice on entering a concerto competition?
by johnnyl
04/21/15 09:05 PM
Ardour 4, now built for OSX and Windows
by ElmerJFudd
04/21/15 08:23 PM
Faulty key on new RD-800
by Ocram
04/21/15 07:31 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,977 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,424 Topics
2,398,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission