Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
130 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, Aly Baracat, agoriaket, ando, 38 invisible), 1479 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with KAWAI CE-7N by Chris Leslie @ 21 seconds ago

Sometimes pianos that sit idle for a long time can develop stiffness but usually if sitting in garages. However I have not seen this in those Kawais. and many do sit in houses for a decade or more after the kids lose interest. Your's is from the 1980
Jump to new posts Re: Concert tuning or not by Chris Leslie @ 7 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By David JensonOriginally Posted By TunerJeffConcert tuning? Oh, do you mean tuning a piano that has just been rolled from another room or storage, plopped onto a cold stage, baked by the stage lights, while lighting engineers run a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Arabian piano music by Aly Baracat @ 23 minutes 1 second ago

This is a piano cover of Arabian soundtrack of a TV series (Saraya Abdeen). I was playing it for a while so I thought of recording it to get feedback. I would really appreciate comments concerning all the aspects of the performance.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mainstage 3.2 by Macy @ 38 minutes 30 seconds ago

Did you look at the OS X Activity Monitor as someone else suggested? Anything gobbling up CPU in the background? Something abnormal must be going on. Someone asked you about Spotlight indexing. Assume you checked that? I'd disconnect everything possi
Jump to new posts Re: Concert tuning or not by David Jenson @ 39 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By TunerJeffConcert tuning? Oh, do you mean tuning a piano that has just been rolled from another room or storage, plopped onto a cold stage, baked by the stage lights, while lighting engineers run around shouting up at the booth, a
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II or Vienna Imperial on 432 Hz by rychubil @ 40 minutes 3 seconds ago

I know that both of the VSTs have tuning control. My question was about A = 432Hz strictly. Do you know as a user with experience? I have Nord piano 2. There is 431.9Hz or 432.2Hz, No 432Hz - impossible for tuning. BTW - I can't find manual operation
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by David Farley @ 45 minutes 21 seconds ago

I meant to add - that looks like a very nice find. I hope it turns out to be in good condition.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by David Farley @ 47 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By christinekaNow that it's in my house and has been cleaned of the dust (on the outside anyway), what can I use to make it into pretty furniture? Polish for the pedals? Some kind of furniture polish? I have no clue on these sort
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Legato Thirds Difficulty by Morodiene @ 49 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By QazsedcftI have to play this legato: This is a real problem for me as RH 4 finger doesn't lift up enough to go smoothly from 5-3 to 4-2 on black keys. I have to twist my hand sideways to do it and it doesn't feel natural. Does
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Trouble with Learning Some Aspects of Jazz by newbert @ 55 minutes 9 seconds ago

I'm a late beginner/low intermediate starting to learn to play some basic jazz. On occasion I "stretch" my capabilities and try playing something a bit above my current level. That said, I'm currently working on the tune and the arrangeme
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Beemer @ 59 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Mike_MartinAren't there browser plug-ins that allow you to watch Youtube and other video sites without Flash? If not what sites do you guys recommend? Mike, In this thread I can in my Chrome Browser view all the posted video
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Bach Partita #2 Caprice - Second Take by SiFi @ Today at 05:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjILUShbAUs&feature=youtu.be Bit faster than take 1 and repeats are included, along with some dynamic and touch variation. Can't explain the wrong notes at the beginning of each section! Still too many fluffs, a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Legato Thirds Difficulty by bennevis @ Today at 05:11 PM

I think you have a common problem here - your weak 4th finger. You can try a five-finger exercise specific to your piece: with your RH fingers resting on F, G, A flat, B flat and C - do a five-finger (F minor) scale up and down (1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1),
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Mike_Martin @ Today at 05:09 PM

In an effort to please you guys quickly, I uploaded audio files were provided to me many months ago using a prototype and I did not record them myself, I'll be taking them down a recording new ones as soon as possible. To the comment about hearing
Adult Beginners Forum
Oh great, Foolish Heart is in following Tim and Glen's submissions. Well at least everyone will be clearly educated in the enormous differences between two real players and a hack. Events of the summer kind of derailed my plan to revive and
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Zippo @ Today at 04:47 PM

Normally demos are way better than what we feel in person. I hope this time could be the opposite, seen the demo here are very bad imho. The sound is close, compressed. The samples seems short and lifeless. Casio with Px serie was already well equipp
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "steel" frames? by ando @ Today at 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By ErchoukyrieNot quite all, ando. If you click on "unique models", you will see "P 237 Monsoon Steel Piano" with the following write up: "Grand Piano P 237 Monsoon with steel frame was built based on the r
Jump to new posts Re: Double-striking keys on Petrof II grand by HansC2 @ Today at 04:30 PM

Doctor S I am sorry to read your post. It is a real shame. It is very hard to find a really skilled piano technician. Despite of all kind of certificates it is nearly impossible to get a good inside in the quality of a piano technician before they m
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II or Vienna Imperial on 432 Hz by Frédéric L @ Today at 04:29 PM

1/ Yes, there is a tuning function on Ivory : "The four up-down arrows above the Tuning switch control the basic pitch of Ivory’s piano. A4 pitch sets the pitch of the A above middle C. This value defaults to 440.0 Hz, but some recording or pe
I tested the B1 sustain, out of curiosity, on my DP and it is 23 seconds before really straining. But it depends of course how hard the key is pressed, and how loud the volume is turned up, also whether listening via headphones or speakers. So it cou
Jump to new posts Re: Roland wifi/bluetooth connections by Hendrik42 @ Today at 04:27 PM

Apps such as Piano Maestro, Synthesia, Piano Tutor etc. all have generic MIDI over USB support. Which means that is does not matter if your DP is from Kawai or Roland, Casio, Yamaha, Korg ... they all support that. Bluetooth I have not tested, no i
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: Dream come true. Boston to Steinway by Ben_NZ @ Today at 04:22 PM

If you've got the photo as a jpeg on your desktop, first you need to upload it to a website so that it's available on the internet. You can't just attach photos to your post here like you could with an email, unfortunately. You can only include links
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Legato Thirds Difficulty by Qazsedcft @ Today at 04:14 PM

I have to play this legato: This is a real problem for me as RH 4 finger doesn't lift up enough to go smoothly from 5-3 to 4-2 on black keys. I have to twist my hand sideways to do it and it doesn't feel natural. Does anyone know of a solution or
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by Rickster @ Today at 04:13 PM

This may not be possible for you, but whenever I get a new-to-me old piano ( ) I use compressed air to blow out the dust and debris as much as possible. You can only get so far with a hand vac or vac hose. The compressed air works very well, but the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Selling my 2007 Shigeru Kawai SK7 by terminaldegree @ Today at 04:12 PM

Sorry to hear you have to sell your piano. I would suggest purchasing an ad here (otherwise your post will probably be deleted). Also, pianomart, craigslist, let your technician know, post something on the bulletin board at any university music dep
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Arabian piano music
by Aly Baracat
22 minutes 40 seconds ago
Trouble with Learning Some Aspects of Jazz
by newbert
54 minutes 48 seconds ago
Legato Thirds Difficulty
by Qazsedcft
Today at 04:14 PM
Ivory II or Vienna Imperial on 432 Hz
by rychubil
Today at 04:10 PM
Selling my 2007 Shigeru Kawai SK7
by RussjayB
Today at 03:31 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,611 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,654 Topics
2,441,702 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission