Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
126 registered (anotherscott, anamnesis, Albunea, accordeur, 36251, 32 invisible), 1611 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Phone Book (Schirmer Ultimate Collection) by debussychopin @ 4 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiJust noticed that Schirmer (Hal Leonard) is publishing a big ol' book of Chopin--the complete Ballades, Etudes, Mazurkas, Nocturnes, Polonaises, Preludes, and Waltzes. Comb binding. 724 pages. Interesting. I think it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cory Hall (BachScholar) appears to be in legal trouble! by schubert960 @ 5 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Svenno But about him being a teacher... his students probably haven't found out about his youtube channel yet. Shockingly this appears to be where he acquires most of his business. If you're in the mood to be really irritated,
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Students who "test" you by Morodiene @ 7 minutes 40 seconds ago

It is possible that emotionally, he's not quite sure what to do with all this one-on-one adult attention, and thus acts up to try and figure out where the boundaries are. With children like this, there are a few ways of helping them figure this all
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bought a new piano by Byrotte @ 10 minutes 15 seconds ago

The piano was fairly out of tune not horribly. What is the general price range for tuning a piano which is fairly below the normal pitch that tuners would tune (For maintenance) and probably need some tech work? Thanks for the answers!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cory Hall (BachScholar) appears to be in legal trouble! by Evaldas @ 13 minutes 30 seconds ago

Ooh ooh, I know what he is, he is not a better pianist than most of us on this forum (as someone said previously), but rather he's a better correct button/key presser than most on this forum
Pianist Corner
He's uber-arrogant indeed... I listened to his La Campanella... the whole 5:30 minutes of it. Too slow, and so incredibly dry... a MIDI would be more exciting to listen to. His technical shortcomings forced him to omit quite a few notes. 0 dynamics.
Jump to new posts Re: Bought a new piano by Olek @ 21 minutes 20 seconds ago

why not asking advice before buying ? It is (possibly) the mortises that are worn, the keys are not guided and feel sloopy while having too much friction at the same time Those Fazer did not have very good cloth in the key bushings AT the same tim
Jump to new posts Re: Bought a new piano by BDB @ 23 minutes 2 seconds ago

The capstans probably need adjusting to take the lost motion out of the action. Leaving the front board off lets the inside get dirty, which eventually has an adverse affect on the piano, but if you put it back on when you are not using it, it may n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Very confused about grey market Yamahas by joe80 @ 23 minutes 7 seconds ago

Regarding the 'seasoned for destination' point sometimes made by Yamaha and raised by Jason most recently: I don't really buy it either. But what I do think is that a piano that has spent several decades in very humid parts of Japan, won't fare so w
Jump to new posts lacquer for sharps by Olek @ 30 minutes 52 seconds ago

Hello I have those keys Steinway , where the (ebony ?) sharps have been sealed/lacquered then polished , with a black lacquer of course the lacquer is gone in the central part of the keyboard I am not willing to strip the sharps but I will use al
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by Rickster @ 43 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By twocatsWe rented goats. Well, I've got 11 goats myself... This past spring, one of my females died a week or so after she had twins. I raised the twins on a bottle. Surprisingly, goats can make a good pet, and a good lawn mower!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Baby Goats by Rickster @ 45 minutes 13 seconds ago

Feeding my baby goats
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggiated chords by Isabelle1949 @ 50 minutes 16 seconds ago

PianoStudent88, I've never seen a chord with squiggly line and arrow down! Where's that been all my piano life??!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cory Hall (BachScholar) appears to be in legal trouble! by Evaldas @ 51 minutes 32 seconds ago

I thought the lawsuit was something directly related to his piano videos, like a copyright issue etc... I personally don't like his playing either, sorry
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Students who "test" you by AZNpiano @ 57 minutes 3 seconds ago

I have had quite a few students who tested my patience and sanity. I have a student who says no more than one or two words during her entire lesson, and I have to ask the same question 14 different ways before I get any kind of physical response. S
Pianist Corner
[s][/s]Originally Posted By debussychopinHe is not a poor pianist. He is a decent piano teacher and plays lot of his genre of ragtime very well. He is technically all right with classical but the problem is his claims about himself in relation to how
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano Girl RMG @ Today at 03:33 PM

Not so many brides this summer. But I have been thinking a lot about beaches. Here's my new essay, ridiculously off topic, but fun, nonetheless. BEACH SONG I love the ocean. The most musical of earth’s components, its pulse—rhythmic yet unpredi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Classical improvisation in real time by bennevis @ Today at 03:32 PM

I'm listening right now to Robert Levin on BBC Radio 3, live:. www.bbc.co.uk/radio3 - he's been talking during the interval about how he improvises the cadenzas. He's just played a couple of Mozart concertos (on the harpsichord), improvising the cad
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggiated chords by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 03:31 PM

Distinguish between descending only, vs. ascending then descending (and vs. ascending only, but that's been covered.) I have seen the squiggly line for arpeggiating, with an arrowhead pointing down attached to its bottom end. This indicates to arpe
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best way to be fired? by AZNpiano @ Today at 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By christineka Current teacher is Russian, trained at the Moscow Conservatory. All great pianists are either Russian or Russian-trained. (She told me about the latest finalists for the Tchaikovsky competition. 4 are Russian and
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By MALDI_ToFOriginally Posted By schubert960 It's an even worse idea to set up a fundraising campaign asking complete strangers to pay your legal fees. Particularly when the lawsuit is of a personal nature. I know of a few peopl
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By schubert960Originally Posted By MALDI_ToF I am curious what the other side of the lawsuit is about. What exactly is he accused of doing that would result in him leaving to a new state? Essentially his wife's ex husband is suin
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By schubert960 It's an even worse idea to set up a fundraising campaign asking complete strangers to pay your legal fees. Particularly when the lawsuit is of a personal nature. I know of a few people being hit with lawsuits from
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Very confused about grey market Yamahas by Steve Cohen @ Today at 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By andoIt's also likely that the cost of those grey imports will also come down to a point where it keeps them attractive to some. The Japanese wholesale price will reduce, the importer will buy them in bigger batches (reducing unit
Jump to new posts Bought a new piano by Byrotte @ Today at 03:04 PM

Bought a cheap piano that had been standing for a while. It was a Fazer piano. The piano was out of tune and I noticed the keys felt a little sloppy or loose. All the keys worked and produced equal and even sound but I got the notion that the keys f
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
lacquer for sharps
by Olek
07/07/15 04:04 PM
Classical improvisation in real time
by bennevis
07/07/15 03:32 PM
Bought a new piano
by Byrotte
07/07/15 03:04 PM
pedal issue on yamaha p115
by franciobr
07/07/15 01:49 PM
Relative beginner taking Jazz lessons needs advise
by Gumbysgroove
07/07/15 12:58 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,910 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,364 Topics
2,424,863 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission