Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
88 registered (A Guy, Bellicapelli, Almaviva, benjamink, 24 invisible), 1146 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by currawong @ 6 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesI have yet to meet a chair back that is supportive for active vertical sitting rather than simply a place to recline against when static reclining is an option... I just can't figure out how one would even really u
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Spiritual Nature of Jazz by rocket88 @ 9 minutes 29 seconds ago

Thank you for sharing that, Dave.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone recommend a piano lamp for a vertical? by PhilipInChina @ 14 minutes 19 seconds ago

Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: piano compositions for beginners by currawong @ 21 minutes 6 seconds ago

haha. Yes, I picked the gems and didn't tell the kids they were supposed to find them boring. Thanks for starting the new thread. I'll see you there.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by rysowers @ 29 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTI tuned the way RXD says for 10 years until I found out about the distinct advantage of using strips. I have never gone back since. Yes, but you are not tuning ET. Any slight variations that occur when removin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Shorter Solo Works - Editions? by TwoSnowflakes @ 32 minutes 18 seconds ago

I also tend to get editions that have more than one work (multi-band editions of "complete xyz Composer"), or group genres of works together (xyz Composer Preludes). And when I do that, I lean towards Henle or Wiener Urtext. You know--sta
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by rysowers @ 32 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTQuote:Of course, faulty unisons cannot be tuned from. Deliberately impure unisons, if they are of musical value, should be uncomplicated to tune from by the tuner who tuned them that way and should be tuned from,
Jump to new posts Re: 1928 model L with original action, seeking thoughts and idea by kpembrook @ 34 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTThe hammers look like they might still give good results. The knuckles look hideous. If the action centers are not gummed up, (highly unlikely), you "might" get pretty good results replacing the knuckle
Jump to new posts Re: mystery hammer from Steinway model L by rysowers @ 37 minutes 20 seconds ago

Then who made the standard supply house hammers back in the late 80's early 90's?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Shorter Solo Works - Editions? by DaveInJapan @ 39 minutes 59 seconds ago

(Continued) These things can sometimes be a bit complicated.... Checking the Henle site, I noticed that their former item #122, the Brahms Klavierstücke op. 118 (URTEXT), edited by Monica Steegmann with fingering by Walter Georgii, has been revise
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Sauter Schulpiano by Almaviva @ 42 minutes 15 seconds ago

I'm sure this is a nice upright piano, but $28,000 is a high price for an upright piano to be sold to schools. I hope they offer steep institutional discounts.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade T-bar wrench use tuning piano by Maximillyan @ 45 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: cyclotronWhen I didn't have access to a tuner in Saudi Arabia I had my machine shop make a tuning hammer for me. They machined each half of a half cylinder to match the taper of the pin, welded the two halves together, turned th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do we teach phrasing by TwoSnowflakes @ 49 minutes 52 seconds ago

Well, with specific regard to how it is taught, I guess it's not too broad or overly simplistic of a question. I know, watching my teacher introduce basic phrasing to my daughter, that she has her physically lift the wrist up and out of the phrase,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
One way to adjust the "sensitivity" of the tone, to varying touch: . . . Use a software piano to generate the sound, rather than the . . . tones built into the DP. Pianoteq (and probably other software pianos) lets you do two things: .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 12:15 AM

Just looking at the OP's pictures, the only scenario in which looking at the keyboard is an option without totally shoving the neck completely out of alignment is the last one. It seems to me that you need to be able to pivot forward at the hip, bri
Jump to new posts Re: RM3 regulation by Joe Garfield @ Today at 12:12 AM

Thanks James. I don't think I personally want to do much, at least not yet. I messed around enough with the Casios and Yamahas trying to get them to play more to my liking, and they weren't quite the investment. This one is for playing. I sent an em
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 12:05 AM

I get some pretty bad lower back pain and am also prone to a mid-back spasm. Want to know what exacerbates it? My "ergonomic" office chair. My captain's chair-type cushy leather driver's seat with lumbar support. Sitting properly on a
Jump to new posts Re: mystery hammer from Steinway model L by Del @ Today at 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: rysowersI once ordered a "bag-o-hammers" from Schaff for misc repairs. Many of them looked like this. By the late 80's Pratt-read had transformed to Pratt-win when Baldwin bought out the company. These may have been ma
I had the P155 (I tried the 155 and 255 side-by-side and made that choice), but I now have a Kawai. I tried the ES7 and liked it - it plays nice and I almost got it. To me it felt like a clear step above the Yamaha. The ES7 has the same 5-setting to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do we teach phrasing by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Frankly, there isn't enough time or space to talk about phrasing in a single piece, let alone in a period style or composer, or how it changes over time, and especially in terms of color, articulation and/or rubato. The obvious thing to say is far t
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano to grow with by Joe Garfield @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

I went through 4 or 5 digital pianos in my first 6 months, then finally went for broke and got the Kawai MP10. It does everything I need it to (feels good and sounds good) and I have stopped wondering what digital piano would come next. I don't even
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated notes technique by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: DanSTry keeping your forearm and hand as relaxed as possible. You can practice with and without accents, but don't use weight to accent, just finger. Also, and this one helped me a lot, make sure that each finger hits the same
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: piano compositions for beginners by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

New thread: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2380244.html#Post2380244 But curra: CZERNY?!?!?! (I know what you mean. There are a few gems in there, but only a few! :Grin:)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Sauter Schulpiano by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

It is a piano meant to be knocked around. It is a nice idea. We add stuff to pianos to make them stand up to the abuse that they get in places like schools, and this piano has them, and a few extras as well, all standard equipment.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music for beginner [General Discussion] by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

Youngster and generally young kids will have, to begin with, limitations due to their small hands. Especially 4/5 year olds will have quite a few hurdles to overcome. On the other hand the hands of 8 and 9 year olds (I have plenty of those in my stud
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 ... 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do we teach phrasing
by piano_friend
01/30/15 11:12 PM
Octave stretch kind-of
by jim ialeggio
01/30/15 09:47 PM
Yamaha cvp-20 parts help
by crosstalk
01/30/15 08:33 PM
Slipped and fell on ice today
by dynamobt
01/30/15 06:14 PM
Brodmann PE 187 vs Ronisch 186 vs Yamaha C3x
by Sitbon
01/30/15 05:38 PM
Forum Stats
77935 Members
42 Forums
161077 Topics
2366151 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission