Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
147 registered (5019, anamnesis, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1666 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Étude in D# minor by Bullard @ 1 minute 5 seconds ago

To all parties involved: I must say, I meant no disrespect, it is, after all, an internet forum, so, being said, no one should, in fact, give a damn. Here, I present, original music, and so, that should be, the only focus, of, concern. Yolo, Bull
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whisper project - things learned, thoughts discussions by Greener @ 2 minutes 45 seconds ago

I agree.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Étude in D# minor by Steve Chandler @ 6 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By Steve ChandlerAll I was saying was that I enjoyed listening to it. I actually listened twice. Having done so I won't listen again nor respond to you as it turns out you seem to be a troll. How unfo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann - The Wild Horseman by Shabbat Shalom @ 17 minutes 0 seconds ago

Haha brilliant!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whisper project - things learned, thoughts discussions by PianoStudent88 @ 19 minutes 29 seconds ago

That's very thoughtful of you to offer, but I don't see why that should matter. There's no expectations in the Fixed List cycles that the recipient starts work immediately.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Octaves & small hands - sometimes the solution is so simple! by Shabbat Shalom @ 20 minutes 55 seconds ago

So sad...who needs to stretch when you have the pedal?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How a pianist's 'touch' affects tone - NOT! by Shabbat Shalom @ 22 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Michael SayersOriginally Posted By bennevisPersonally, I like banging , but would do so only if the composers wrote something like col pugno. ffffff, con fuoco, etc doesn't mean 'banging'..... Hi Bennevis, One thing to c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Octaves & small hands - sometimes the solution is so simple! by WhoDwaldi @ 24 minutes 33 seconds ago

Wasn't there an organ teacher at one of the major conservatories who would break down the webbing between students' fingers so that they could stretch? Pianists and members of the (American) football team would go to this teacher, also. (In the foot
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by Rerun @ 28 minutes 16 seconds ago

CYCLE ONE, harder tune Polyphonist - composer 1. dire tonic COMPLETED 2. Alexander Borro COMPLETED 3. casinitaly COMPLETED 4. PianoStudent88 COMPLETED 5. Jytte (RETURNED) 6. Greener COMPLETED 7. Rerun COMPLETED (it's in the mail)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whisper project - things learned, thoughts discussions by Saranoya @ 30 minutes 47 seconds ago

Re: turnaround time, you guys should know that I will be going to bed soon. So perhaps I should not be first in the cycle.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What did you practise today? by Pover @ 31 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By hreichgott Same here with today's lesson on Op 2 no. 2 last movement! Possibly one of my favorite movements. This sonata is so underplayed, perhaps due to its difficulty, but I think the last movement is so gorgeous (albeit ex
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Should a child begin his lessons on a digital piano? by ZeroZero @ 31 minutes 41 seconds ago

Just wanted to say I see both sides of this argument. Plenty have other opinions. In my experience (subjective) I have never had an issue with a digital keyboard (I've had about twenty) they just went. Many did not have good sound but the did not bre
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Octaves & small hands - sometimes the solution is so simple! by anamnesis @ 36 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Shabbat ShalomYou're sweet, P5, and I appreciate the confidence (unfounded, as it is), but I'll stick to what works for me: imagine what I want, then put my hands on the keyboard and play it that way. No need to worry about wher
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whisper project - things learned, thoughts discussions by Greener @ 37 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By SaranoyaOriginally Posted By PianoStudent88Originally Posted By PolyphonistI'll start the cycle in a few hours, and it would be nice if before that time I could get some more input on what the excerpt should be like. Two pitches
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whisper project - things learned, thoughts discussions by dire tonic @ 40 minutes 51 seconds ago

Don't forget we have the right to pass (RETURNED) and to add a line to the list of players. We might as well get into the habit of taking a few chances where there's little to risk. Whatever happens, I would expect the completion time for a CYCLE t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time Signature Question by Jytte @ 40 minutes 56 seconds ago

Now, that sounds like something we gotta hear Recital material?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C7 with Player Piano system by Cflux @ 41 minutes 1 second ago

I'm curious too. Also, the unit is a Disklavier Mark II XG.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Intro to 'Steppin' Out' live by Visalia @ 41 minutes 40 seconds ago

Trying to figure out this song. Here's my thoughts on it so far. It starts off using some notes that seem to be based around an F maj 7th chord. There seems to be an arpeggiated C minor brought in at 0:14/0:15. You can later hear him walking down i
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by newbert @ 42 minutes 18 seconds ago

I know that this thread is about the MP-11, however, it's gotten my attention as I have a VPC-1 being delivered (by UPS) on Monday. Based upon people's experience with Kawai, if a unit is going to fail is it usually a case of DOA? Or do units fail
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whisper project - things learned, thoughts discussions by Jytte @ 45 minutes 46 seconds ago

I'm interested, but I can't quite gauge the level of this. Might take me longer than you guys, not sure my 'regular practice' will allow for that. Would be fun though. But, I'll sit the first one out, and then see what you all do.
Jump to new posts Re: Should a child begin his lessons on a digital piano? by markalien @ 47 minutes 55 seconds ago

viettube22 It's really good question you have given this forum. You might get some biased opinions with this being the digital piano forum - but at least reasonably well informed. I think your best bet is hire each for a month. One very good dig
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by Greener @ 49 minutes 37 seconds ago

Glad you will be joining, Heather. I think we will also need to mark the cycles as FULL, if fixed size or reached a cut off for a claim cycle. IE. Cycle 1 v2. Is still in progress but is full in terms of new sign ups. Or, maybe already in the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lessons hampered: my digital piano vs. her acoustic piano by wouter79 @ 49 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By amv256I've been taking piano lessons for about a year now, and enjoy them immensely, but hands-down the biggest stumbling block has been the enormous gulf between the [comparatively] heavy action of my teacher's Yamaha baby grand
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training Logistics by Jytte @ 50 minutes 5 seconds ago

Roger!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 51 minutes 47 seconds ago

27 Pollox This has (you gave) a relaxing feel to it which was very pleasant indeed, there`s a lot o` involved rhythms and stuff in there. Loved it! 28 Johan D The Tch. stuff is indeed brilliant, whether advanced or otherwise. Great job, man! Th
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 37 38 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Intro to 'Steppin' Out' live
by Visalia
05/29/15 04:10 PM
White chalk-like substance on metal rods at bottom of piano
by kiwik
05/29/15 03:51 PM
Key requires more velocity to achieve same volume as others
by Schick
05/29/15 03:05 PM
Returning to piano after 11 year absence
by Isabelle1949
05/29/15 01:12 PM
European Pianos in Canada
by Juli_et
05/29/15 08:16 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,462 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,428 Topics
2,412,221 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission