Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
67 registered (Bill Bremmer RPT, AZ_Astro, AprilE, ando, agraffe, 15 invisible), 1650 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal unequal temperaments by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 1 minute 48 seconds ago

Your graphs are completely unintelligible to me, sorry to say. I will rely on those I can actually understand.
Jump to new posts Re: What technique do you use to move pin small increments? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 6 minutes 37 seconds ago

I agree, Bob! I see some pianos that are tight in Summer and loose in Winter.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt - Ricordanza (Transcendental Etude No. 9) by Carey @ 19 minutes 56 seconds ago

A final OT observation..... I was buying sheet music at the local music store this afternoon and came across the Schirmer edition of the complete Transcendental Etudes (edited by Paolo Gallico) that I used when learning "Ricordanza" 44 yea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Our own BDB - in PHILLY! by ando @ 35 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By BDBDecember 5, 2012. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise it had been that long. I got a notification in my Facebook news that mentioned Dec 5th, but didn't state the year. My apologies.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Voyage by roma_10 @ 50 minutes 16 seconds ago

Greetings fellow piano lovers! Just wanted to present my latest track for your critique/hopefully enjoyment. Thanks in advance for listening. Voyage -Robert
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by dmd @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI just can't seem to find any enthusiasm to practice. I enjoy piano but lately haven’t had the time or energy to practice, which leaves me feeling like I’ve lost or quit the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. - Greg Lake by sullivang @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

My main and very fond memory is "Fanfare For The Common Man" used by a TV station back in the day as the main theme for their sports program. (this music was usually the highlight for me - not the sports :P ) Greg.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Our own BDB - in PHILLY! by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

December 5, 2012.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pomodoro technique for pianists by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusAlmost all the posters on PW are strangers(they haven't met) even if they've posted many times before. See Rickster's comments above. Originally Posted By pianoloverusUntil the OP starts charging for his site or g
Jump to new posts Re: How to fix fallen string bar by Bob @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By andoI have an incredibly strong desire to clean the dirt off that soundboard!
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTThe discussion is about the forces and deformation. It's not a technique. Tap if you want, you're still breaking the tension band and the pin is unbending/untwisting. As for less breakage with tapping, I use b
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8 by Joe Garfield @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

You're right - these threads are pretty much worthless. I found another Kawai dealer not too far away who has a CA97 and CS10. I'll go try the CA97 and look at the CS10 tomorrow. I currently have an MP10 and want the newer action, and also something
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal unequal temperaments by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPTI don't think your analysis is at all correct. There are no wide 5ths and the CG 5th cannot possibly be more narrow than a 1/4 Meantone 5th. For it to be that narrow, the CE M3 would have to be narrow. The CG 5
Jump to new posts I tuned a guitar(?) today! by Sam S @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

So I tuned this Kimball Spinet, and when I finished the lady said, "Can you tune guitars?" "Well, sure, it's a lot easier than tuning a piano..." "Because my husband can't get his guitars in tune." There were three ni
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Some conventional methods use a strip mute. DSU is an open unison tuning method. Conventional open unison tuning methods mute two strings and tune the third to a target. With DSU, you tune two together. The main difference is that with conventional
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Watch Trifonov perform live at Carnegie Hall NOW by kbrod1 @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I have his Etude disc and have quite enjoyed them although they do not supplant my favorite Lazar Berman. Berman plays an equally impressive Spanish Rhapsody which makes this otherwise I thought trashy piece soun
Jump to new posts Re: Loosening newly installed strings and pins by Bob @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

The block has to be in good condition when restringing with larger pins. A cracked or delaminated block won't hold. A block that is one sold thick layer combined with 2-4 thinner layers won't hold. A block where pins are sticky won't work as the new
Jump to new posts Re: How to fix fallen string bar by ando @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

I have an incredibly strong desire to clean the dirt off that soundboard!
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Ghost Town DJ - My Boo (Piano Cover + Tutorial) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

Ghost Town DJ - My Boo (Piano Cover + Tutorial) Do you know the "At Night I Think Of You" Song meme? Well after always referring to that song as the "At Night I Think Of You" song, I finally found out what that catchy song's name
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by Sam S @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

That's the book I'm using now in my Keyboard Skills class at University - we're in volume 2 - it's brutal! Sam
Jump to new posts Re: How to fix fallen string bar by Bob @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Before banging the pins down, try soaking in some thin super glue. Remove the action first in case it drips. Let as much super glue soak around the tuning pin as it will hold. Protect your lungs and eye from any fumes from the glue. That usually t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by prout @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By GreenerSome things just sound better in a different key. Hopefully the composer chose the ideal key for it from the outset. Both in terms of being playable and the best sound. Probably so, with most classical I'm guessing. Maybe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Our own BDB - in PHILLY! by ando @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By BDBWell, I am back home, and had a nice trip to the Philadelphia area. It was nice to see Cunninghams and meet Rich, although our visit coincided with another group's visit, so I did not have enough time to chat with him. Some ot
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI just can't seem to find any enthusiasm to practice. I enjoy piano but lately haven’t had the time or energy to practice, which leaves me feeling like I’ve lost or quit the practices. I decided to use “aca
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal unequal temperaments by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

I don't think your analysis is at all correct. There are no wide 5ths and the CG 5th cannot possibly be more narrow than a 1/4 Meantone 5th. For it to be that narrow, the CE M3 would have to be narrow. The CG 5th would be about the same or identic
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I tuned a guitar(?) today!
by Sam S
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8
by Joe Garfield
Yesterday at 07:17 PM
good source for digital piano ratings?
by childofparadise2002
Yesterday at 05:40 PM
Yamaha P85 Amplifier/PA/Speaker Connection
by 7sax
Yesterday at 05:22 PM
Casio Privia PX-360 - Thoughts/Opinions?
by John from KC
Yesterday at 12:03 PM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,828 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,890 Topics
2,577,505 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission