Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
I sense two quasi-separate issues here, one of which is definitely technique-related. (The other is a toss-up, based on the knowledge of just one post.) Regarding a "percussive tone": I have translated this to mean Each. Note. Sounds. Sep
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal by terminaldegree @ 3 minutes 56 seconds ago

I would guess it's a model M, which was about that size and was probably produced at that time. Probably not very many from that time period here in the US.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest song ever written by bennevis @ 5 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: catersI once saw in a list of videos 2 pianos 16 hands. It is impossible to have 4 players on 1 piano so it is impossible to have 2 pianos 16 hands. I've no idea of what you're on about in your second paragraph, so I've delet
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday TwoSnowflakes by jdw @ 7 minutes 46 seconds ago

Happy birthday, neighbor!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ 11 minutes 5 seconds ago

@bennevis You never really have a point in your posts; it's just "words, words, words" fueled by obvious frustration (even here, still). You consistently resort to attacking the person instead of their proposition, another fallacy. Your
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Minnesota Marty @ 12 minutes 55 seconds ago

Rick, you make a very good point. Sometimes there is an immediate negative connotation to the term. Yet, in some instances, it is merely used as an explanation. Certainly, most people who have some knowledge of the workings of the piano biz would
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday TwoSnowflakes by currawong @ 13 minutes 25 seconds ago

Happy Birthday (and PianoDay!), TwoSnowflakes. Enjoy the music. And the cake!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal by feigede @ 18 minutes 58 seconds ago

I am a university Technician and don't run into Bechsteins very often. Someone here is selling their parent's estate. they have a circa 1952 Brechstein Grand. They say it is 5' 9" but when I did some research I don't believe there is a model
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Rickster @ 21 minutes 48 seconds ago

Not sure if it's a "Stencil" piano or not, but I have a Howard (Baldwin product) made by Kawai (same as a Kawai model 550) from 1969. It's actually a pretty nice piano, for what I paid for it. So, I guess the moral of the story is that ma
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by bennevis @ 22 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AtrysEven more so when they're coupled with misinformation and irrelevance. Luckily there are some of us here to "fight the good fight". So, you're hoping to dig yourself out with a bit of levity now? What was it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Minnesota Marty @ 22 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: JohnSprung Come to think of it, Essex and Boston belong in a much different category based on make-believeness: The company that distributes them is a real piano company, not a department store. They
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Klavins piano - their concert grand by subcontra @ 25 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BDBI went back to the website, noted that they seem to have built only one piano so far, and listened to the recording. As is often the case for odd pianos like this, it sounded odd, and not necessarily better, particularly in t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Question about monitor speakers with keyboard by Digitalguy @ 33 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: peabodyI do believe that the headphone out jack is louder... at least when wearing headphones. If that is the case what should I do? Also, since the Krome does not have xlr outs I am using a quarter inch to xlr adapter and then
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by Candywoman @ 34 minutes 18 seconds ago

You're not married to your students. While it might be nice to refer them to another teacher, it certainly isn't necessary. Make the break and wish them all the best. I would not start with Skype. I would just move on and cherish the moments I've sha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Grandman @ 35 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungOriginally Posted By: Minnesota Marty We all seem to agree that "house brand pianos," and the reuse of the name of a defunct manufacturer, would be considered a "Stencil." No, only the house br
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ 38 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bennevis Do you get it now? There's nothing to get Your posts are often filled with words, but no substance. It's obvious you're still mad, but that's okay. You also seem to be upset with knowledge and often resort to a &qu
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching U Iowa Piano Pedagogy Videos? by Marco M @ 41 minutes 53 seconds ago

Thank you so much!!! I use it since, I think, almost one year now. Great work!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you put in a larger tuning pin? by Emmery @ 45 minutes 30 seconds ago

Sandpaper shims are bit dicey to do these days since the addition of small amounts of silicone, AKD and ASA are added to the paper in the pulping process and after. These chemicals help keep the paper more water resistant and add additional strength
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by bennevis @ 47 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: bennevis Atrys, yet again, you tried to backtrack slightly (no doubt after Googling), but just not enough to admit you've offered stupid advice.....for the nth time. Next time, just admit you've been
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Ruben Schoutrop - Nocturne Op. 55 No. 1 in F Minor by Ruben1 @ 48 minutes 45 seconds ago

Hello, Wanted to hear your opinions about my performance in this video: It's the Nocturne Op. 55 Nr. 1 in F Minor from Frédéric Chopin! Enjoy
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ 49 minutes 5 seconds ago

That wasn't a refutation at all. Svenno's point stands, yours does not. OP ought to drink plenty of water (as we all should). Yet again, just more nonsense.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by bennevis @ 54 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SvennoBennevis, in order for someone to experience severe or possibly even lethal hyponatremia due to excess water intake, one would have to drink vast amounts of water, and doing so by accident is very, very rare. A lethal amou
Jump to new posts Re: Question about monitor speakers with keyboard by peabody @ Today at 04:59 PM

I am already using the -10db setting
Jump to new posts Re: Question about monitor speakers with keyboard by slowtraveler @ Today at 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: peabody... I am using a quarter inch to xlr adapter and then running the other end of xlr into speaker... not sure if that matters either You don't need the XLR adapters. The LSR308s have TRS 1/4" inputs which you should be
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Today at 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevis Atrys, yet again, you tried to backtrack slightly (no doubt after Googling), but just not enough to admit you've offered stupid advice.....for the nth time. Next time, just admit you've been stupid, OK? Or else shut up
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 ... 40 41 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
190 registered (accordeur, acortot, 36251, adanepst, 52 invisible), 1794 Guests and 56 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153503 Topics
2249461 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal
by feigede
04/16/14 05:43 PM
Ruben Schoutrop - Nocturne Op. 55 No. 1 in F Minor
by Ruben1
04/16/14 05:14 PM
Question about monitor speakers with keyboard
by peabody
04/16/14 04:00 PM
Disklavier to replace digital piano?
by Big Cheese
04/16/14 03:42 PM
Happy Birthday TwoSnowflakes
by gooddog
04/16/14 02:23 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission