Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
139 registered (agraffe, 8opus, alwatson, AndrewMac, 27 invisible), 2353 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova clp-950 stopped working. by Goss @ 4 minutes 58 seconds ago

Not a big fan of the casios myself - did not like the sound of the samples used, but generally I don't like sampled piano sound on the whole anyways so my opinion is not all that valuable ^^ Out of curiosity looked up salty air protection. Seems bes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: VINTAGE NORTH AMERICAN UPRIGHTS by Karl Watson @ 6 minutes 26 seconds ago

Carey: Funnily enough, my maternal grandparents had a tall McPhail that I remember being a really nice old piano, in fact, I don't think that I've ever played an American tall upright that was finer. But then I've never played a Bush & Lane. O
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Small hands by gooddog @ 7 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By gooddogWhen you open your hand to its widest, can you stretch it so your thumb and pinky are parallel? If not, then you have room to gradually and carefully improve your reach. Literally parallel?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by zrtf90 @ 7 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By SonatainfSharpEvery scale has the same fingering: 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 (RH) and 4 3 2 1 3 2 1 (LH), it just varies on WHICH FINGER STARTS from either the three-group (1 2 3) or four-group (1 2 3 4). You only use 5 at the ends of [some]
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: podcast recommendation? by dogperson @ 19 minutes 37 seconds ago

Chopin documentary: The Women Behind The Music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rOOLm3n6GY Rubenstein Documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFEsLdERZwI Horowitz: The Last Romantic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey2SHijm9fk&list=PL9
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by SonatainfSharp @ 20 minutes 31 seconds ago

Every scale has the same fingering: 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 (RH) and 4 3 2 1 3 2 1 (LH), it just varies on WHICH FINGER STARTS from either the three-group (1 2 3) or four-group (1 2 3 4). You only use 5 at the ends of [some] scales. Examples, RH: C major: 1 2
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Bulgaria 2017 by malkin @ 20 minutes 52 seconds ago

Furiously scouring airfares.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student comes in with a piece.... by malkin @ 22 minutes 29 seconds ago

I wonder what kind of pie my teacher would like? Probably anything other than a pie-in-the-face.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by Richrf @ 24 minutes 6 seconds ago

There v is no intellectualized method for developing body memory (e.g. scale/finger patterns). The only way to create body memory is via repetition. The more repetitions the c faster the body learns. The more relaxed the repetitions, the faster the b
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova clp-950 stopped working. by ELAD1990 @ 26 minutes 21 seconds ago

the tech says I should consult the dealer the next I buy a piano on order to get a solution for this issue. of course i'm going to buy a new one. Casio I want to buy this one: A460. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpuD1isS_tU Is casio a recomm
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best app for learning classical piano peices? by Goof @ 27 minutes 15 seconds ago

Not really all that difficult to read music if you giv it a serious try. once the basics are known all the little signs just drop in.
Jump to new posts Re: Cheap headphone amp recommendation? by Digitalguy @ 37 minutes 22 seconds ago

I have 2 HA400 too and am very happy with them, lots of power and zero noise at any volume, I use them with my HD598 (50 ohms) and all my other headphones so that they all have the same volume, and above all they allow me to lower the volume on both
Jump to new posts Casio Natural Grand Hammer Action Keyboard by Vid @ 43 minutes 28 seconds ago

https://actioninmusic.co.uk I just ran across this on the interwebs and wondering if anyone has tried one of these hybrid keyboards? The action looks promising.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by guitarjunior19 @ 44 minutes 24 seconds ago

Richard, thank you for that in-depth answer. That did help clarify some things about the small differences in minor vs. major...Also, I am from the camp of learning by ear and patterns vs sheet music. I can read some music (previous violin student),
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Small hands by pianoloverus @ 44 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By gooddogWhen you open your hand to its widest, can you stretch it so your thumb and pinky are parallel? If not, then you have room to gradually and carefully improve your reach. Literally parallel? For my left hand, the angle is a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by guitarjunior19 @ 50 minutes 52 seconds ago

I appreciate all the answers, but let me clarify. I am not looking for answers that say to practice longer or harder. I am looking for the best technique to learn the scales besides just long hours and memorization. I think I will memorize patterns l
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Challenge of Aural Piano Tuning by David Boyce @ 53 minutes 1 second ago

Quote:you can usually count on the fact that most people do not hear out of tune intervals and if you just focus on clean unisons you will likely be ok Indeed. That reminded me of comments by technician Linda Marten, on p65 of Steve Brady's excellen
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Packard Serial number / age by thrashercharged @ 58 minutes 1 second ago

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have a small Packard Grand, I believe serial# 135,810 (found this stamped into the wood on the underside underneath the keyboard). Could someone tell me the year it was made? Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: podcast recommendation? by Miguel Rey @ Today at 03:07 PM

try coursera
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova clp-950 stopped working. by Goss @ Today at 03:04 PM

Ouch =/ Sorry to hear that.. I hope the tech gave tips as to how to avoid this from happening with your (hopefully) next piano?!
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 Clavinova - any reviews? by paxel @ Today at 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By Goss... The Roland PHA-50 action is a little on the heavy side ( 65 grams on middle C ) but the Yamaha CLP585 for example is 68 grams - heavier still. The feel may be influenced by many things. You mention you tried Kawais going
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by zrtf90 @ Today at 02:54 PM

The alphabet contains 26 letters. Not only do you have to recognise all of them but many of them have different shapes for the capitals than for the smaller letters and different shapes for different fonts. On top of that we also have to learn the o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Small hands by gooddog @ Today at 02:51 PM

Welcome to the forum Supercrazyflipper. As bennevis said, it would be helpful to know how far you can reach. I have small hands and can reach an uncomfortable 9th but there is very little I can't play. Strategies: Have you tried shifting notes be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by bSharp[C]yclist @ Today at 02:50 PM

For learning scales and such, I found the following (and my teacher) to be very useful. Start with B major https://www.amazon.com/Scales-Chords-Arpeggios-Cadences-Complete/dp/0739003682
Piano Forum
I think there was a thread here on this subject but I cannot find it. Ian
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio Natural Grand Hammer Action Keyboard
by Vid
02/20/17 03:25 PM
What does the percent increase from SMP to MSRP indicate?
by pianoloverus
02/20/17 02:37 PM
Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns
by guitarjunior19
02/20/17 02:09 PM
VINTAGE NORTH AMERICAN UPRIGHTS
by Karl Watson
02/20/17 12:11 PM
Small hands
by Supercrazyflipper
02/20/17 12:09 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,738 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,607 Topics
2,600,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission