Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
55 registered (AndreyK, AntonJ, ando, Amosdoll, AndrewJCW, 10 invisible), 1157 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth waiting for the forthcoming Yamaha new DPs? by NotaBene @ 11 minutes 28 seconds ago

Now about the hard bottoming and the excessively poorly adjusted keybed leading to huge lateral movement of the keys, the absence of a proper damper mechanism, hence the loose spring on the damper pedal, the fact that the samples are old, that there
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts inexpensive tuning apps by stevenpn @ 16 minutes 38 seconds ago

What is the purpose of the all the inexpensive tuning apps for smart phones and tablets, marketed for tuning pianos? Can they really be used for tuning pianos, considering they don't take inharmonicity into account (with a few exceptions)? How good w
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth waiting for the forthcoming Yamaha new DPs? by Groove On @ 27 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By peterwsI think it needs to be understood that everything written here is "imo" and absolute truth in an argument simply doesnt exist ... thumbs up - even if a poster believes and states something as an absolute truth
Jump to new posts Re: The scale of difference by Groove On @ 32 minutes 25 seconds ago

Just to clarify .... So you are saying that the differences within the category of acoustics or digitals is greater than the differences between the categories?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Program crafting by Eric399 @ 38 minutes 14 seconds ago

This is a great idea! I like corresponding keys in concert programs and actually thought of c minor and E flat myself, although with completely different pieces, a c minor sonata by Johann Christian Bach (op 5/6) and/or Haydns c minor Sonata plus Cho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by earlofmar @ 41 minutes 43 seconds ago

As with everything with piano IMHO I think it is good to practice our weakness's not our strengths. However after 10 days I would not expect you to be able to think about reading, rhythm, fingering, as well as counting all at once, so no surprise you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Acoustic Piano by Fabiogrs93 @ 43 minutes 11 seconds ago

Thank you For Your answer. My problem is that since I am at a good level I don't know if it is better to spend less for an upright thinking to a grand piano in the next years or spend more to get a very good piano like u1 or k500. Another possibility
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Public Domain Teaching Methods by stevenpn @ 46 minutes 38 seconds ago

What are your favorite public domain Piano teaching methods, and/or piano teaching music? I'm interested in beginning to early intermediate levels in this inquiry--Pre-Bergmuller, for instance. I know my list would include the first volumes of Bart
I would assume that if the core wire is not standard piano wire, the inharmonicity calculator may not work properly. I tried looking up the source of that calculator, but it led back to the assumption that piano string vibration is periodic. That fl
Jump to new posts The scale of difference by peterws @ 49 minutes 11 seconds ago

Between different acoustics and between different digitals is far greater. Imo. . Particularly when assessing the digitals through headphones. . . In fact, Id go so far to say that, through headphones there is little difference between em tonewise
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth waiting for the forthcoming Yamaha new DPs? by NotaBene @ 53 minutes 6 seconds ago

Quote:It's just forum etiquette to acknowledge when you state things as fact that they're actually opinion. Sort of a disclaimer to avoid endless debate. Say it, express that you're aware it's just onion - however strongly held, and everyone can let
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by AndrewJCW @ Today at 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By keystringIs 65 pages and 35 pages in only 10 days a good idea, I wonder. I can't speak for the other book but Alfred's has a very slow difficulty ramp at the beginning, 30 pages a week at the start wouldn't be strange at all.
Would DX7, Moog etc... be the starting points for these bubbly funk sounds?
To your iH question... https://www.vcalc.com/wiki/KurtHeckman/Inharmonicity Core diameter and resulting wire stiffness has a very large impact. best wishes-
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by BDB @ Today at 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTBDB, So you have never experienced a piano with string buzzes in the capo or V-bar? Never experienced a string buzz at an agraffe? Have you ever experienced a piano with an odd noise coming from the duplex segment
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Program crafting by justarobert @ Today at 02:38 AM

I've been musing over the notion of a recital in C minor (with slow "movements" in Eb), since many of my recent pieces have been in C minor. I'm curious as to whether any of you have thoughts on this approach generally or suggestions as to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-5-1 Chord Progression ??? by wouter79 @ Today at 02:37 AM

I think he wants to play C: II-V-I F: II-V-I Bb: II-V-I etc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by keystring @ Today at 02:16 AM

Is 65 pages and 35 pages in only 10 days a good idea, I wonder.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help Me Name Our Store by johan d @ Today at 02:05 AM

shouldn't URLs be short? musicshop.com, pianogear.com or so
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha CF6-help please!! by BDB @ Today at 01:59 AM

I still do not know what you mean by notes not sounding. Do you mean that if you play some of the notes as soft as others, they do not sound? Do you mean that sometimes notes do not play at all, that the key goes all the way down and the hammer does
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by johan d @ Today at 01:58 AM

If you have a smartphone, try using TimeGuru metronome. It can randomly silence out clicks/beats, so you have to train you inner metronome. You can increase gradually. It is not as boring as constantly hearing the metronome clicking topic on Time
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Guide mains/French translation needed by Molto lombardo @ Today at 01:33 AM

Hi, Could someone who is more fluent in French than me sum up in few words what is beeind told in this video beginning at around 0:32. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5lVqKg-0E What is their conclusion about guide mains? Bad, good or just neutral/
You need to decide whether the stand fits outside the dimensions of the piano or underneath it, utilsing the screw holes for fixing. Now, if you buy the triple pedal unit, it comes with a support which will determine the exact width of the stand. The
I think it needs to be understood that everything written here is "imo" and absolute truth in an argument simply doesnt exist except in the mind of the opinionator. Or is it "opinionater"?
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha CF6-help please!! by TheTuner @ Today at 12:55 AM

Each key should have a little bit of side play. That means if you hold your key with the thumb on the top of the key and with the index finger on the front of the key, you can feel a very very tiny amount of freedom if you wiggle from left to right.
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
inexpensive tuning apps
by stevenpn
08/25/16 04:14 AM
Public Domain Teaching Methods
by stevenpn
08/25/16 03:44 AM
The scale of difference
by peterws
08/25/16 03:41 AM
Program crafting
by justarobert
08/25/16 02:38 AM
Guide mains/French translation needed
by Molto lombardo
08/25/16 01:33 AM
Forum Stats
84,760 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,731 Topics
2,550,144 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission