Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
131 registered (AlbertoA, Almar, agraffe, alwatson, ando, 29 invisible), 2255 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Kawai CN37 demo music on Soundcloud Some tracks demonstrating the CN37's various voices
Jump to new posts Re: 24 bit midi resolution by Goss @ 2 minutes 58 seconds ago

hi def midi will without any further investment make modelled sounds much more subtle and responsive - and higher end sampled pianos will become even more work with more velocities sampled and probably more lucrative ^^ What's not to like from a bus
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does someone know the exact title of this piece??? by bennevis @ 5 minutes 39 seconds ago

It starts off with John Barry (as per the comments beneath the video), then from 1:40 to 4:00 it's the 18th variation from Rachmaninov's Paganini Rhapsody. Then back to Barry again.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs. CA97 (and CA67) by Goss @ 7 minutes 56 seconds ago

Rub it in will you Falsch =P Yes, I know -sigh- I really wanted that LX17.. The LX7 was an option at 2700 I almost took blindly, but then I went and checked one out and it was a disappointment - more so considering the price than the 605 was vs
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 6ths, 9ths, Rootless chords by KlinkKlonk @ 8 minutes 17 seconds ago

Nahum, I think what you're talking about is really interesting. Can you give a few examples of voicings that adhere to the overtones series and a few that don't, that aren't stock voicings? What if the bass plays the root? Does that still set up the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 by mom3gram @ 12 minutes 40 seconds ago

I think I hit my first wall for 2017 with Calypso Carnival. I had played through the RH section only and it was easy. I liked the sound and was thinking this one would be fun. Then I tried HT and my brain shut down. LOL! That brought back memori
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by technical ko @ 13 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesCN37/CN27 New Features & Improvements CN37 New: Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand soundsNew: Kawai K-60 upright piano soundNew: Bluetooth MIDI connectivityNew: 'Undamped String Resonance' & 'Cabinet Resonance'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The end of our piano search by terminaldegree @ 17 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPT I prefer it to the larger ones I have played. Could you expand on this comment? Just curious.
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II Studio Grands + authorization without iLok by propianist @ 20 minutes 23 seconds ago

The latest update version of Ivory engine can be downloaded here... http://www.synthogy.com/index.php/support/updates/pc Currently it is Version 2.1.2 and we should all be able to download Version 2.5.0 with the new updated features when it's re
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs. CA97 (and CA67) by Falsch @ 21 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By GossHi James - the LX17's in question were b stock models offered at a discount now about 2 months ago - having shopped around quite a bit I found politely making an offer on an already discounted pianos worked for us - I managed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does technique or playing the notes come first by Farmerjones @ 25 minutes 4 seconds ago

If anything a forum thread is good for is hashing out semantics. To me anything beyong the point of pluncking one's finger down onto a piano key is technique. Any pedaling, any inflection to one's fingering is technique. Yes, plunking can be a tech
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just getting to the bench by Greener @ 26 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By alans... I have wanted to play piano my entire life. I am 57 now and have studied with six different teachers over the course of the last thirty years. My somewhat current teacher is a gift from the gods. He understands the begin
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Source for short (7/8") whippen flanges? by Jake Jackson @ 29 minutes 56 seconds ago

Thanks. I'll check with them. A better way to explain the difference between the older and newer flanges: The earlier whippen flanges have a distance of 10 mm between the middle of the pin and the middle of the screw hole. Grand whippen flanges tod
Jump to new posts Re: Source for short (7/8") whippen flanges? by BDB @ 30 minutes 34 seconds ago

The other thing to do is ask Schaff directly. They sometimes have things which are not in the catalog.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bluthner 238 by Mark... @ 35 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Piano_BrazilWould this help in your decision? Bluthner video 1 Bluthner video 2 Whats the name of the piece in the first video?
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2017 - Waves Grand Rhapsody software piano by propianist @ 46 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By FleerWavesfactory launched the Mercury Grand a few months ago (not years) Sorry, you're right. I didn't know the exact release date, but I had seen it last year in 2016, so I assumed it had been out a while already. The text
Jump to new posts Re: Source for short (7/8") whippen flanges? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:09 AM

Check with Brooksltdonline.com in Connecticut.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The end of our piano search by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:05 AM

Congrats! The piano looks like new and has beautifully uniform workmanship. I also enjoy this model Estonia. I prefer it to the larger ones I have played.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new piano out of the crate by SonatainfSharp @ Today at 10:05 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusThere is nothing wrong with thinking of a piano as a beautiful piece of furniture in addition to a musical instrument. QFT! And if you have a non-playing spouse, sometimes the "furniture" aspect wins over
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does someone know the exact title of this piece??? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:04 AM

The piece is simple enough you might be able to pick it out by ear.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does someone know the exact title of this piece??? by SonatainfSharp @ Today at 10:01 AM

Well, it certainly isn't a piece by Rachmaninov, but in reading the comments, someone calls out the music as being written by John Barry. But, I got that from the YouTube comments, so, who knows, but hopefully that points you in the right directi
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Gary D.I would never call any of the music you listed "classical", and I don't see the logic of doing so. I don't call music classical unless it is from the Classical period. I call it "legit." Quote:It s
Jump to new posts Re: 24 bit midi resolution by NotaBene @ Today at 09:42 AM

Imagine you just rent a studio with a grand piano.. Anyway, how ironic is that, Roland claims the modeling is the future, then this, then in reality in their products, only 64mb virtual slots and a few dozens more mb for the raw data on the supernat
Jump to new posts Re: Who's going to NAMM? by Frédéric L @ Today at 09:39 AM

You forget the Ivory studio Grands bundle (Steinway B and Bösendorfer 225). There is also the TERA piano by Roland (Roland Cloud). And Waves Grand Rhapsody software piano
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The end of our piano search by SonatainfSharp @ Today at 09:38 AM

Ah! As soon as you said your budget was $20k and were excited enough to make a post about your new piano, I assumed it was an Estonia before I even saw the pictures! Envious am I! (I had an Estonia L168, brand new, on hold, but we just couldn't get
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Medeli/Thomann/Gear4
Music stage pianos tested

by Charlielamus
01/23/17 07:19 AM
Does someone know the exact title of this piece???
by Amrei
01/23/17 06:36 AM
pyramid piano
by phantomFive
01/23/17 02:51 AM
24 bit midi resolution
by Bachus
01/23/17 01:24 AM
The end of our piano search
by Pneuma
01/23/17 12:53 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,354 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,961 Topics
2,591,389 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission