Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: andoTo reject the whole idea of light hammers on the basis of using tiny hammers with a totally inappropriate contact point/felt/voicing - that doesn't hold up to any kind of analysis. Ed McMorrow is very forthcoming with what h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Proud new owner of a Yamaha P22 by Rickster @ 4 minutes 5 seconds ago

Big congratulations!! And, welcome to Piano World!! Yamaha is a fine piano! Rick
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, check out this baby! by Paul678 @ 5 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Sam4]Personally I prefer wood finish pianos, but this Petrof looks stunning, here's another great one for you to drool over Lol. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosendorfer-290-...=item2a42b78027 I've never tried a Bosendorfer, but
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spontaneous vs. non spontaneous performing by Derulux @ 7 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: DeruluxYeah, I agree with you there. What I keep coming back to is the idea that a recitalist more or less defines exactly what's going to happen through a long and arduous process, and that's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, check out this baby! by Paul678 @ 9 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyPetrof has a model to satisfy any taste. That one is perfect for spilling drinks onto the soundboard!! GREAT!!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 13 minutes 35 seconds ago

BDB, Sheets of hammer felt have graduated density from bass to treble.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Quarter Gand project by Dale Fox @ 15 minutes 32 seconds ago

Pacific Piano, who imports a lot of the Tokiwa parts into the USA, is a good source for information on these old Chickerings. I don't believe that they have a shank that will utilize the old brass flanges but I know from first hand experience that
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Trapwork by lamhfhada @ 25 minutes 2 seconds ago

I have tried google, the problem is I have a box of parts which I am unfamiliar with, I could make a new trap work more like a modern version but I would like to use the original pieces or what is left of them. I am sure that there are pieces missing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by TX-Bluebonnet @ 32 minutes 42 seconds ago

EnGee, I agree the Alfred's book is a little light on the details. Since I don't have a teacher I tend to watch a lot of youtube videos as another learning resource. And make use of these forums, too, of course. We're still here and making progress,
Adult Beginners Forum
There is such an ocean of different between the repertoire listed, I'm not sure where to start. How does your teacher feel about Rachmaninoff? 23-5 is probably in line with the concept, but I have no familiarity with your abilities. Why not do the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: easy to move keyboard by Morodiene @ 36 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: analaranaThank you so much! I've never played a gig, so I'm lost here. Might I recommend that you try to figure out a few things before you start playing gigs? It's hard to determine what you'd absolutely need before you even
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, check out this baby! by Minnesota Marty @ 36 minutes 35 seconds ago

Petrof has a model to satisfy any taste.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering for "Wind (Naruto)" excerpt by Derulux @ 39 minutes 49 seconds ago

I like Morodiene's fingering. Depending on the effect you want, I might not repeat the same finger on a note (unless pedaled or you want the separation). If you want to try it without repeating, you can play 3-2 on the G, and 2-1 on the Eb and keep
Jump to new posts Re: Questions for those that use dremel for hammer shaping. by kennyz @ 40 minutes 27 seconds ago

I use a dr. Scholl's callus remover. The metal side makes quick work of getting the rough shape done. Then you can flip it over and use the sanding side for a first pass, then I switch to my shop made boards to finish up. Works great.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by Ed Foote @ 41 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eugene_bbOriginally Posted By: Ed Foote Greetings This isn't what I hear professional pianists around here say. It is not at all uncommon to go through a new piano's action after the first 100 hours of play and find wildly
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by MossySF @ 43 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wildpig Not sure if it continously record. I think you do have to hit the record button before it starts recording unless they changed that in the latest ver. Pianoteq continuously records. Everytime you pause for roughly 5
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: That awkward non-playing hand... by TX-Bluebonnet @ 44 minutes 1 second ago

Thanks, everyone. I guess I was under the impression the hands should always be in the ready position. Some times I take things too literally. But after reading all the comments and becoming more familiar with the piece I'm working on, it does seem
Jump to new posts Re: The Quarter Gand project by kennyz @ 46 minutes 9 seconds ago

Thanks Chris...I'll keep it as an option.
I have used Dremel with action out of the piano. The variable speed model on slow setting and w/o the guide so you may see better. Another tool is a coarse woodworkers file.
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by wildpig @ 52 minutes 27 seconds ago

still need to have a real acoustic piano to play PluckingA . Unless that will get modelled somehow.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7bMbQPInsc-3RoUjw
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Proud new owner of a Yamaha P22 by BrianDX @ 57 minutes 28 seconds ago

Welcome amanda416! My wife and I actually looked at the p22 before buying an older m500 for our practice area. Very nice instrument at a reasonable price. BTW: Please check for photo links; they are nor working for me.
Piano Forum
Who said anything about rejecting the whole idea of light hammers? I thought what I did told me a lot about the idea, more than anything the advocates have said, and it was quick and easy to do. If you think the Ed McMorrow is so forthcoming, do w
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by wildpig @ Today at 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Vid I think technically Pianoteq continuously records things in midi format that playbacks the pianoteq sound. You have to export a recording in order to get a .wav file. I haven't done this but I think its also possible to load
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing for ~9 months.. Where to go next? by BluesNotes @ Today at 09:24 PM

http://m.youtube.com/#/user/Lypur try this link andrew is a free online piano teacher, its got all you could want andrew furmamczyk
Adult Beginners Forum
Well, you have a lot of issues to deal with. It would seem the only advice I can give would be to work on these things with a teacher. It could be that what you consider too long is actually quite normal and you are simply too impatient with your
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Proud new owner of a Yamaha P22
by amanda416
Today at 09:04 PM
Returning to piano, advice on slow learning process
by roninpro
Today at 07:57 PM
Anton Kuerti and Cyprien Katsaris
by pianoloverus
Today at 07:09 PM
Pianists' tessitura
by Riddler
Today at 06:54 PM
Fingering for "Wind (Naruto)" excerpt
by longyodel127
Today at 05:28 PM
Who's Online
124 registered (accordeur, 3times2, A Guy, ando, amanda416, 34 invisible), 1249 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76233 Members
42 Forums
157592 Topics
2314807 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission