Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
99 registered (AZNpiano, aesop, AZ_Astro, 27 invisible), 1181 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Seiler ED 186 by Norbert @ 2 minutes 9 seconds ago

Quote:Seiler is cheaper and I'm told better then Boston. What are peoples experience with the Seiler ED 186? Nice pianos they may be. But knew they weren't the real MCCoy the moment I tried them. Tough to convince a guy who grew up within one hou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: VISIBLE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HAMBURG & NY STEINWAYS by Norbert @ 7 minutes 12 seconds ago

There may be a number of "visual" differences between these two piano but anybody who plays 2 keys on either one of them would normally quickly recognize which is which. IMHO Norbert
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai RX-7 BLAK or????? by michaelha @ 14 minutes 27 seconds ago

That seems like a pretty great deal. I have an RX-5 and love it. I was right in your price range too and was looking for something new to ~10 years old. American, German or European pianos of that age were either out of my price range or were hard t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some kind of a guide into Jazz Piano? by johan d @ 27 minutes 27 seconds ago

I bought the Improvising Blues Piano book by Tim Richards. His 2nd book is Exploring Jazz Piano , but is more advanced, so i would start with the Blues book. Great theory and great exercises with CD to check if your doing it right.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baroque by chopin_r_us @ 52 minutes 12 seconds ago

You could try a search for tambourin at imslp.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: They Don't Really Play by toyboy @ Today at 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakes Signs the piano is being used heavily: 1) You can't find the piano from underneath the sheet music. Mail from days past are sitting in piles near where the piano probably is. 2) Eraser shavings are creating inter
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College audition pieces? by Orange Soda King @ Today at 01:19 AM

I also agree with maybe doing the Ravel over the Gershwin preludes. Best of luck with your auditions! All good schools.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Korgs SP170S : new and a question by Vandevelde @ Today at 01:16 AM

Verry happy with it, sound and quality, price, ... But, I miss some Piano sound reverb ? (I used to have a Fatar sl 880 + korg Module years ago ... with a lot of choice, with a 'sustain' botton I think) The piano sound is very short on my Sp170s (
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: VISIBLE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HAMBURG & NY STEINWAYS by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 01:11 AM

Some customers of rebuilds/refinish choose fallboard decals that are not original design. Some like the contemporary logo on older pianos. Some like the Victorian logo on newer pianos.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: They Don't Really Play by tickler @ Today at 01:10 AM

When we have parties, I drape a tablecloth over the grand and prop a sign on it, that reads in LARGE letters, "This piano is over 100 years old. Do NOT touch!" Don't generally have problems with people messing with the piano when we do thi
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Preferred chords for 12 bar blues, etc. by rintincop @ Today at 01:00 AM

Agreed, the piano key layout lays best for blues in C, F and G. Here's Oscar Peterson, probably the greatest blues pianist ever, style 12 bar gospel blues style changes: | C7 | F7 | C7 | C7 | | F7 | F#dim7 | C7 | A7 | | D7 | G7sus | C A7 | D-7 G7
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Free sheet music? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 12:56 AM

It's like going out looking in the stores for free food. There is no such thing. Somebody has to produce it and not under slave labour.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by PFred @ Today at 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By Mario2015I was curious to know the following: How long did you practice each day? How often did you practice each day? How much time did you spend on each chapter before moving on (1 week, 2 weeks, etc.)? Did you use 1, 2, 3
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: They Don't Really Play by outo @ Today at 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusMy point was that pianists shouldn't think using a piano purely as decoration is ridiculous. I do because I find them so ugly, especially grands But I still want to have as many as my finances and space will allo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Norbert @ Today at 12:44 AM

Quote: I don't think ANYONE should be made to feel their contribution is not welcome whether it be Mike Carr, William (t-dot) Ori, Norbert, anyone. You're sure to include "Mike Carr"?? [sorry, true name and persona not known..] Norbert
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Spinet Regulation by OperaTenor @ Today at 12:37 AM

My business is called "No Piano Left Behind" for a reason. If it can make music in someone's home, it's worth caring for.
Welcome to PW, Is there a reason you did not let your current and trusted technician perform the restoration work on your Steinway L? Larry
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buy a new grand piano...showroom or factory? by Norbert @ Today at 12:35 AM

What marshill88 has described above has long become a preferred way of purchase by many Chinese buyers. While having had problems with it in the past myself, I have learned to respect this preferred method and am doing quite a bit of it now. Provide
Jump to new posts Re: Malcolm Love by David Boyce @ Today at 12:32 AM

What causes a car to enter its twilight years? Pianos last longer than cars, but they do wear out. The normal 'lifespan' of a piano is about 70 years. All the felt and cloth parts get worn in the action and it no longer plays well. The shape and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Farewell by Auntie Lynn @ Today at 12:23 AM

C'mon, sports fans, I've been taking it on the chin here for years but continue to hang on in the eternal hope that someone, somewhere will send me a Bit Waltz that I don't already have...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: They Don't Really Play by jazzyprof @ Today at 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakesSigns the piano is a piece of furniture and not an instrument: . . 4) There's no piano lamp or any lighting anywhere near the piano. 5) There's no evidence of scores, pencils, notes, metronomes, or anything else t
Greetings! This is my first post on Piano World (which I am glad to have recently discovered), and my posting will be somewhat lengthy, so I apologize if this is not the best way to put this out. But I value the knowledge and experience of this com
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by MarieJ @ Today at 12:13 AM

I've just discovered Elodie Sablier. Here's something special ...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College audition pieces? by hreichgott @ Today at 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By Christoaster12I was mostly concerned that many of my pieces are short You'll only get to play 45 seconds of everything anyway so never mind the length! With those schools, you'd better be ready to knock every piece out of the pa
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meeting with prospective parent/students by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Teach him chopsticks! Seriously. Every now and then, with a student who seems to be having trouble finding himself or herself, I see if they know some of the crazy little ditties. Heart and soul is another. After we have a good laugh, they seem t
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Voicing & regulation issues on a newly restored Steinway L
by EricJ
04/28/15 12:17 AM
Free sheet music?
by PamDD
04/27/15 11:17 PM
Kawai RX-7 BLAK or?????
by kneman1
04/27/15 10:28 PM
Meeting with prospective parent/students
by Arghhh
04/27/15 10:16 PM
Ehrbar baby grand
by Geeta
04/27/15 09:48 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,071 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,603 Topics
2,400,521 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission