Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
137 registered (AndreaS85, anamnesis, Amosdoll, 36251, Abby Pianoman, Almaviva, 38 invisible), 1448 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by Tuneless @ 4 minutes 29 seconds ago

I have been cataloging my sheet music books with name, publisher and arranger. Most are easy piano, so must be 'arranged'. It seems Hal Leonard Pub. almost never credits the arrangers.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by jtsn @ 6 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddI have a few iLoks. The iLok License Manager software available here: iLok.com It allows me to move my licenses on or off any computer or iLok I have setup as my own. But the license can only reside on one iLok or
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 USB recording length issues by Kawai James @ 6 minutes 17 seconds ago

Okay, thank you for clarifying those points. I'm sorry that the 16GB Sandisk I recommended did not work well for you. I can only share my experience using this device on the MP11/MP7 and other Kawai DPs that support USB audio recording - it works fi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Glenn Treibitz @ 10 minutes 8 seconds ago

In answer to the original question, yes Petrof is way way over priced! I was for a good 10 years running usually the #1 dealer each year for Petrof in the USA. Our success selling Petrof pianos in those days was based on the value for the dollar. T
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Ocram @ 11 minutes 20 seconds ago

Possibly, but while it is certainly more pronounced in mono, it is still there in stereo. It's just a characteristic of the sound's attack that does not appeal to my ear. Maybe "banjo" is not an accurate description, but it does sound kinda
Jump to new posts Re: Latency on SONAR X1 LE by EPW @ 15 minutes 11 seconds ago

The free Sampletank comes with a vitual piano that is not to shabby imho Also I have the full version of Cakewalk Sonar so I don't know what comes with the LE version. You should get a discount to upgrade and if you go to Sonar Platinum it comes w
Jump to new posts Re: Latency on SONAR X1 LE by David Farley @ 18 minutes 10 seconds ago

Lots of stuff here. http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?plug-ins=Piano/Strings
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 USB recording length issues by rungabic @ 18 minutes 52 seconds ago

Hi James, Let me clarify: 1. When I said the SanDisk worked out of the box for 65 seconds and then worked again for about a minute, after formatting in the MP11, I meant that I simply stopped those recordings after a minute or so. 2. When all of t
Jump to new posts Re: Latency on SONAR X1 LE by EddieK @ 19 minutes 38 seconds ago

Okay thanks. And I'm only looking for a piano VST for now. Thanks for the help though EPW. I'm gana start a new thread asking ppl what they think the best VST is.
Jump to new posts Re: Latency on SONAR X1 LE by EPW @ 24 minutes 35 seconds ago

There is this from IK Multimedia http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3free/
Jump to new posts Re: Latency on SONAR X1 LE by Kawai James @ 28 minutes 36 seconds ago

That question is probably best answered by the developers: https://www.pianoteq.com/pianoteq5
Jump to new posts Re: Latency on SONAR X1 LE by EddieK @ 31 minutes 32 seconds ago

OKay thanks. And whats the difference between stage and standard version of pianoteq?
Jump to new posts Re: Latency on SONAR X1 LE by Kawai James @ 37 minutes 33 seconds ago

Glad you're finally up and running. The best packages cost money, however there are a number of free VSTs for various instruments. Try Googling 'free piano VST' and take it from there. There are also free 'sound fonts' that may be worth trying to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Setting an aural stretch to an ETD by Matias Palou @ 38 minutes 12 seconds ago

Ryan: I think its a great time saver to use the average tuning file for a pitch raise. I thought using a predetermined curve would have no use, but as a rough means to get everything in place is a good idea. I´ll also say I share with you the idea
Jump to new posts Re: Setting an aural stretch to an ETD by Matias Palou @ 44 minutes 43 seconds ago

I should study more deeply the different octave styles for the tuning curve and also the deviation curve. I´ve read the documentation on that and still can´t get it quite right. But I think it has to do more with understanding tuning theory than kn
Jump to new posts Re: Latency on SONAR X1 LE by EddieK @ 44 minutes 48 seconds ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH. THERE AINT NO DAMN LATENCY!!! :') Too bad it's only a trial and I have limited black keys. Is there any other program like this without having to pay hundreds of dollars?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Piano Recitals by UNKNOWN pianists. by GeePee @ 47 minutes 37 seconds ago

Hi, you lot in Europe, and I suspect North America as well, just may not appreciate how fortunate you are. I was in Italy and Greece over the month of March and snapped this picture of a poster advertising piano recitals in Florence (Firenze) for M
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: P.W. at 666 by pianoman9 @ 48 minutes 59 seconds ago

If there is a Devil, it resides in human nature, not external to ourselves. Just look at all the greed for power in this world, and you cannot deny it. The diminished chord was once thought to summon the Devil!
Jump to new posts Re: The Kawai CA. Which road do I take? by dmd @ 49 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By ADWyattThanks for your input and opinion. Because of my experience with the costs involved with that search for the "perfect sound", I always try to warn others who are about to go down that same path. I spent a lot o
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by ElmerJFudd @ 51 minutes 5 seconds ago

EUAs have various purposes. Most commonly they are used to define the terms of support contracts and warranties. In addition you'll see them used to avoid liability claims - like where the end user wants to say its the software's fault this happene
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing down a piano by pinkfloydhomer @ 58 minutes 12 seconds ago

Voice down the room also. Thick carpet under the piano, heavy furniture, heavy curtains, stuff on the walls, break angles between opposing walls, ditto the ceiling.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ 59 minutes 19 seconds ago

Ah, gigging in mono? "Banjo sound" on the MP5's 'newer' stereo samples? I wonder if you were experiencing phasing?
Jump to new posts Re: Latency on SONAR X1 LE by Kawai James @ Today at 09:38 PM

The DAW is essentially just software that allows you to record MIDI/audio, however I don't believe it will create any sound on its own - you'll need to select a sound source such as a VST audio plugin. The keys on your Roland will send a MIDI messag
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching a Four Year Old by malkin @ Today at 09:35 PM

Although not in a piano capacity, I have been acquainted with at least 40 4-year-olds each year for the last 20 years. I can tell you with certainty that there is a wide range of skills for typical kids this age. I'd suggest that you meet and get
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRrlB2TL1A
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 35 36 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Recitals by UNKNOWN pianists.
by GeePee
46 minutes 8 seconds ago
Where do you live and how's business?
by pavanne1
Today at 09:33 PM
Having a hard time transitioning to a heavier key action
by symphonicfinale
Today at 07:06 PM
Teaching a Four Year Old
by DameMyra
Today at 06:39 PM
DP + Backing Track
by doremi
Today at 05:58 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,715 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,856 Topics
2,390,481 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission