Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
135 registered (accordeur, Amosdoll, agraffe, ajames, 37 invisible), 1815 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep open your sheet music. But how? by RealPlayer @ 1 minute 6 seconds ago

You know, I was told long ago that there's a very specific way to work with a new book (music or text) to promote laying flat and preserving the binding. It's rather tedious, but you flatten and press near the binding for the first and last page, th
Adult Beginners Forum
Teacher is a great idea. If you never had choir, band or any music training, start to learn the grand staff. This will take time. Lots of time. That is to be expected. Most of us are not prodigies and sight reading takes years. I took lessons from ag
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice please by terminaldegree @ 12 minutes 1 second ago

The longer piano is the better choice. Even assuming build quality and materials were equal, I can't think of a 5'3" piano I like better than a 6' grand. Also, your statement you heard about the RX being better than the GX is without merit, in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U3 vs Samick Sig 50 by terminaldegree @ 14 minutes 48 seconds ago

It's an economy-minded piano of a good height. With regard to whether it's "good" or not, Chinese pianos that have been imported to the US have certainly improved, so the newer it is, the better. The stuff from the 1990s and early 2000s i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice please by jshelton @ 18 minutes 13 seconds ago

I own a GC1 which I like a lot but would take an RX3 over it in a heartbeat.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice please by Kirshaid @ 21 minutes 49 seconds ago

Oh I see what you mean. Shigeru would be very special, unfortunately it is not available in any showroom where I live and I have never seen in here. Thanks again for your insightful reply.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by maurus @ 22 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By dogpersonQuote from Artur Schnabel “The sonatas of Mozart are unique; they are too easy for children, and too difficult for artists.” My honored first teacher, a lady in her 70's who had taught at the Bucharest national co
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Chick Corea and Stanley Clarke as a duo by jjo @ 23 minutes 17 seconds ago

Awesome concert. Can you imagine being there, where you first hear Wayne and Herbie, followed by these guys? Thanks for posting.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem Parents by MomOfBeginners @ 31 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By wouter79 You can't kick the parents because they are not your student to start with? But if you kick the children you don't need to deal with the parents either. Yes it's a last resort Ah. I take it you mean kick the student
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice please by maurus @ 37 minutes 40 seconds ago

Yes I tried a few Yamahas as well, both C2 and C3 and a few lower priced models but not the most recent series (C3X would be the corresponding size). While they are certainly excellent pianos the sound was not to my liking (too bright). But that is v
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Last Octave by rXd @ 41 minutes 42 seconds ago

Apart from his brief introductory paragraph, Ryan's initial post was entirely a quotation from the 1957 article, nothing more. At least the way I read it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- Call For Submissions by sinophilia @ 50 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By Peyton What's the name of the Memoir? I think, since I seem to be obsessed with his music, I would like to read it. It's "Words Without Music", it was published last year I think. I also like biographies very much,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Last Octave by Bill Schneider @ Today at 11:57 AM

Bill Bremmer, I don't quite get what you're saying in your first paragraph, could you clarify? I agree there's no point in splitting hairs about the top octave, if hairs haven't been split in the tuning below. And as far as 4:2 vs. 6:3 octaves, etc.,
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Eclipse of Sorrow" by Danijelcro @ Today at 11:54 AM

I'm glad that you like it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin serial number question by AndreaH @ Today at 11:47 AM

It seems there were two model C grands: one is 6'3 and the other 5'7. The 5'7 is a newer model. Does anyone know what type of action the newer one has?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep open your sheet music. But how? by Corvus @ Today at 11:41 AM

My local sheet music store will convert books to a spiral binding for a couple of bucks, whether I bought the book from them or not. Another tactic that I've used a lot for the past two years, but somehow never figured out previously, is to place th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Good PA System for jazz piano combo gigs by Charles Cohen @ Today at 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By Skyscrapersax . . . What I'm going to do is order one ZXA1 and a Space Station and a-b them at home. . . I can get both for about a grand, so I think this is the way to go. I'd rather not spend that much money, but I can at le
Jump to new posts Re: I bought an old rd700 by impulse , what to do ? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 11:34 AM

Off-topic: I wanted to find out how to turn off auto-updates for Windows 7. But the Microsoft website knows I'm running Windows 10 -- so it refuses to let me look at the Windows 7 "Help" pages! . . . .GRRRRRRR !
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by Isabelle1949 @ Today at 11:31 AM

Doritos, Sonata Facile can be seen as a study in scale runs, turns, left hand control and arpeggios. It's not hard, if practiced and brought to speed. I have only played with it and that was many years ago. No, I'm not a beginner, but returned to t
Jump to new posts Re: I bought an old rd700 by impulse , what to do ? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 11:29 AM

Yes, you can turn off automatic updates -- http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-choose-how-updates-are-installed I assume previous Windows versions have the same ability. I like the idea of using the built-in sounds for backup
Ravenscroft dry http://www.sinerj.org/~loyer/piano/nocturne_ravenscroft_dry.mp3 Ravenscroft TB isone/hifi mode/HRTF=100% http://www.sinerj.org/~loyer/piano/nocturne_ravenscroft_hifi.mp3
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- Call For Submissions by wouter79 @ Today at 11:28 AM

You are right, I was talking about HMV437. I didn't know HMV 447
Originally Posted By newer playerThanks for the demo Frédéric. Those recordings are clear and show a subtle difference on my headphones. Not sure if better As the Garritan CFX Player perspective mode is partly recorded with a dummy head (similar t
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fazıl Say's jazz fantasy on mozart by Thepianist0606 @ Today at 11:22 AM

thank you for your advices.
Originally Posted By NormBThanks Frédéric. One thing I though I'd mention since Frédéric is using a Garritan piano rather than Pianoteq: I found that TB Isone really helped with Pianoteq. With Ivory II, not so much. From this I suspect the benef
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Clouds Hovering Above My head - improv
by Panolof
05/05/16 10:54 AM
Chick Corea and Stanley Clarke as a duo
by Mark Polishook
05/05/16 09:18 AM
Need advice please
by Kirshaid
05/05/16 07:41 AM
Sheet music
by mikka942
05/05/16 06:11 AM
Two Ellington Tunes
by Simon Hester
05/05/16 05:12 AM
Forum Stats
83,519 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,426 Topics
2,521,471 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission