Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
72 registered (Ben_NZ, Chris Warren, AndrewJCW, b_astro, 17 invisible), 937 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: February Piano Bar by peterws @ 19 minutes 0 seconds ago

I`ll listen in tonight (baby sitting, good time for it). Meanwhile . . . Another one piano - ised from an ensemble piece which I wrote for trumpet. Now, the trumpet on the DGX was, I thought, terrible by itself, so I thought I`d use it and see the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recording advice needed by wouter79 @ 24 minutes 49 seconds ago

Quote:Any ideas on optimal input levels? Yes the ideal is to have 0dB headroom left on the final recording. This is because that gives you the least amount of noise. However, if you would play even the slightest bit louder than in your test, your re
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unwanted harassment from parent by Nikolas @ 33 minutes 7 seconds ago

Yes, that video part of the lessons, in case there's a legal issue against the teacher also strikes me as bizarre unfortunately (I remember the discussion). I just don't want to come to terms that we need to over react to everything. Wearing your s
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by wouter79 @ 40 minutes 52 seconds ago

Frank, it's great to have you in this discussion as an apparently responsible and knowledgeable movie operator Can you confirm that the top level of current movie systems is 105 dB ? Did you measure the actual sound levels in your theater? How much
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unwanted harassment from parent by keystring @ 42 minutes 0 seconds ago

Nikolas, in life we must take precautions to stay safe. When you lock your doors at night, you are not accusing your neighbours of being thieves - but the reality exists that people do enter houses, steal things, and even hurt or kill the occupants.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano Girl RMG @ 46 minutes 44 seconds ago

I love Mrs. Patmore, too. But if she heard me playing her theme song she might chase me with a wooden spoon. Plowboy and Rocket88, thank you so much for your comments on my story. It warms my heart to know people actually read these things. I apprec
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by peterws @ 54 minutes 43 seconds ago

At the price, the FP30 is an excellent bet although it may be lacking in some connections for gigging like lineouts. And if you want something better, youll lose very little when you sell it on. . .
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By TwoThumbs As a related question: Is it true that the lifespan of a piano is about 50 years if its well cared for? I seem to recall somewhere in the pros and cons of a used Japanese piano that some people say they will go about
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coming back to piano, how did it go for you? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 04:23 AM

Patience is the key and following a true path. The teacher can guide you in this. I started more seriously on classical piano @65. Just chords, scales and popular music before that and nothing well organized and structured. Now, memorizing new things
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by MilanP @ Today at 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By StefanMThanks for the feedback CPShines, but I think the HP605 doesn't have the large 10" woofers that the LX7/LX17 have. Those most certainly add something to any HP605 hissing you may be hearing. It is not my imagination
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unwanted harassment from parent by Nikolas @ Today at 03:51 AM

You mean that this comment (below) is not set up against someone who is not here to explain himself, or what not? Quote:All the dad has to do is arrange things so the kid is not there at lesson time...the teacher finds that out after she walks in an
Member Recordings
Hello Undertale and Natewantstobattle enthusiasts, Enjoy my piano cover on his new song released yesterday called "Promise Me" made for undertale. It's a calming melodious song. I've included a free tutorial teaching you this song if you wa
Member Recordings
Hello Undertale and Natewantstobattle enthusiasts, Enjoy my piano cover on his new song released yesterday called Ashes made for undertale. It's an upbeat song with a catchy melody! I've included a free tutorial teaching you this song if you want to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I ordered a piano bench from Germany by dogperson @ Today at 03:39 AM

Jansen has a reasonably priced, imported bench http://www.jansenpianobenches.com/blackpianobench.html Did you look at this one first? Just curious, because the price is quite reasonable.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unwanted harassment from parent by keystring @ Today at 03:33 AM

Nikolas, nobody is "ganging up" on the father, and nobody is labeling him as a probably rapist or as anything. This is pretty standard for the lives of women. If there are warning signs, you don't take chances if you don't have to. Thing
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Nordomus @ Today at 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By kapelli3:10-3:30 Absolutly incredible what stars at 3:25! WOW! I wonder, how it sound on other pianos though. It's diffrent but same. Same but diffrent No, but jokes aside, resonances are same on all pianos in this series. Dep
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unwanted harassment from parent by Basia C. @ Today at 03:25 AM

Nikolas, there is a very different view on security and safety in US compared to Europe. According to me they exaggerate many risks. I think it's bad if you can only trust your own family or people in your own group, there should be trust in a societ
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overcoming nerves by earlofmar @ Today at 03:25 AM

I think nerves at lessons are quite normal and especially when you have not been playing long enough to build up much confidence. What might help is to push yourself into playing in some even more nervous situations like playing in front of family,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A human can be as exact as a metronome?. help!! by Opus_Maximus @ Today at 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By rovIs this little difference in tempo of 1-2 bpm something to worry about? Hi Rov, I think you have a slight misconception about tempo/metronomes. Except for the times when you are actually playing WITH a metronome, playing is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Coming back to piano, how did it go for you? by Giin @ Today at 03:17 AM

I'd like to hear from others who played as a child and then came back as an adult. How did things progress once you came back to playing? My story is probably fairly common. I played for some years as a child, gave it up in my teens and am now tryin
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progress reports? by AZNpiano @ Today at 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By Candywoman Truth: (Name) never sight reads at home and has no curiosity. I have been unable to inspire him to crack open a new or old music book all year despite years of effort. Written comment: (Name) would benefit from more
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I ordered a piano bench from Germany by wouter79 @ Today at 03:15 AM

Looks good! Maybe you can update us when you received it - how it really works, if it's stable (no wobble), does not squeak, etc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by torquenale @ Today at 03:15 AM

This is my fourth year of MOYD, and it's ingrained in my life. It's a pleasure, not hard work. Except that yesterday I did not play at all. No really excuse, but after a stressful week full of every kind of obligations... I completely forgot!! T
Piano Forum
Twocats: I've had a decent look around this piano but I'll say that in my eagerness I didn't do everything I should have done (such as checking with Steingraeber about the actual age once I had the serial, if only to verify the facts) and of course I
Pianist Corner
rov: You asked almost exactly the same question just over a month ago. It seems to me that the answers are essentially the same now as those you got then. Fussing over 1 bpm seems to me to get in the way of making music. If that little variation i
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Coming back to piano, how did it go for you?
by Giin
02/06/16 03:17 AM
Tone of light soft hammers
by Klavimaniac
02/06/16 01:12 AM
I ordered a piano bench from Germany
by Ataru074
02/05/16 08:58 PM
Roland RD 800
by Laredo_5
02/05/16 08:46 PM
Used Piano, age misrepresented. Still a good deal at $7000?
by TwoThumbs
02/05/16 07:26 PM
Forum Stats
82,486 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,293 Topics
2,492,640 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission