Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
149 registered (36251, agraffe, accordeur, agent8698, 37 invisible), 2291 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you use the term 'contemporary classical'? by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

Art music sounds so pretentious! I've seen the even more pretentious "Western art music" (note the initial capital), and to me that evokes the image of a snobby 19th century european white man in a top hat with a condescending look on his f
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by squidbot @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

So an update to that video... the E3-G3 have quieted down over the ensuing week. There is still a small amount of "spring" noise (that's the best I can describe it) but it's now barely audible. A3 still has a very audible "clunk"
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by SSK @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By kickthetigerCongratulations on your purchase. You ended up with something great and should be happy with it for years to come. Thanks kickthetiger! Originally Posted By Kawai JamesCongrats SSK! I hope the piano brings your fami
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to upgrade to a baby grand/grand piano by hello my name is @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:What brands should I be considering? I do favor Yamahas since that's what I am used to, but I'm open to other reputable brands. You seem to give yourself the answer while posing the question. Norbert, I tend to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

I do not do RCM, I do ABRSM, but I really like e-musicmaestro.com. It is a subscription service, but it is well worth it. I also use AuralBook on my Ipad, and I find it helpful as well. Auralbook records your responses and corrects them.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for Playing WTC prelude V - Dmaj by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

The first thing I'd do is ditch the metronome. That won't help at all if you can't play evenly. Did you play this evenly twenty years ago and are having difficulty restoring that ability or are you still struggling to play this evenly now? Are you
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2017 - Waves Grand Rhapsody software piano by Fleer @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Bechstein Grand Digital has the most detailed tweaking capabilities I saw on a sampled grand. String-based sound shaping and M/S sound design gets you from polished to Polish. Maybe try ProductionVoices Grand. Or if you want colour, definitely check
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Key top replacement by kennyz @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

I had thought about making a quick tapering jig, but the more I thought about it it seemed unnecessary. My table saw is very accurate ( within .002"! Incra fence) and I could make it happen with ease, but this is not the place worth splitting h
Jump to new posts Re: 24 bit midi resolution by TonyB @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By FalschOriginally Posted By TonyB Since you quoted my post, I will respond here... I agree with you, on all your reasons, plus one more. I personally don't want any more monthly subscriptions than I absolutely must have. Those
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by Sekel @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

In the CN37 video, finnish of a wooden desk aligning with keyboard looks different from rest of the piano. You can see it from 0:18 - 0:26. Is it just optical ilusion or is it done for purpose?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha SX series? by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By DavdocIt's also interesting how Yamaha prices the SX series (on MSRP) to define its market segment. Apparently they consider it lower than CF series, S7X being "cheaper" than CF4 on the website. Aesthetics-aside (such
Much wonderful stuff has been played on the PX150 using software piano. It seems to connect well, very fit for purpose. Go for it! Pteq trial will cost you nothing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to upgrade to a baby grand/grand piano by hello my name is @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By Beemer I sense some uncertainty as you mention baby grand (or a grand). Unless going for a high quality brand a 'baby grand' is a lesser instrument than the U3. These baby grands were and are made to attract a market that is mo
Jump to new posts Re: 24 bit midi resolution by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacFor me the limit would be when the piano actually sounds like a piano, especially without headphones. I don't get excited over more bits of MIDI resolution, and I'm not seeing any connection to the goal. I reckon we`r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by PianoVibe @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Hi Saranoya, I feel I understand you as I'm in the same situation, questioning myself if I would ever reach an intermediate level. You are already judging your level no more, or very little, improving. I think is related to no more reaching goals or
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to upgrade to a baby grand/grand piano by hello my name is @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By gnuboiOriginally Posted By hello my name isI also don't know that I want to plunk down $$$ because my husband and I would like to be movable and if I don't want to fly a piano across the world, I'd have to sell it and pianos seem
Jump to new posts Re: 24 bit midi resolution by sullivang @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

Reading this, yes, it is clear that the Tera Piano is in fact NOT real time - the real time instrument is 1GB. https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2017-roland-cloud-gives-plug-synths-plug-ins/ Of course this isn't ideal, but it's still very useful IMHO.
Jump to new posts Re: 24 bit midi resolution by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

For me the limit would be when the piano actually sounds like a piano, especially without headphones. I don't get excited over more bits of MIDI resolution, and I'm not seeing any connection to the goal.
Jump to new posts Re: 24 bit midi resolution by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

I think the fact that most manufacturers have not really pushed high resolution midi and people have not been clamoring for more suggestd that there is certainly a limit, and we might already be there or for to it at 128 levels.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Tips for Playing WTC prelude V - Dmaj by BbAltered @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

Hello. Can anyone help me with the WTC prelude V (Dmaj prelude)? I learned this about 20 years ago and it is still giving me difficulty. On paper it looks very easy - LH plays every quarter beat while RH plays 16th notes. My main problem is that
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By Nahum comparable to the love of reading literature. I think you're mixing ideas here. If you spend just a few hours inside America's public schools, you'll immediately notice that almost everybody can read. There is literac
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Source for short (7/8") whippen flanges? by Jake Jackson @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

Hello, Ed. Someone working on the piano a few years ago put in several of the longer flanges, so that the repetition levers hit or scrape against the hammer flange rail. A few of the remaining flanges also simply shattered with age or perhaps over-t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Front Board by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

I would imagine a decent joinery workshop would make one without too much trouble. It isn't ocket science.
Jump to new posts Re: 24 bit midi resolution by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By Gossin other words - with more levels are possible, the more 'random' the results can be, and the more natural the instrument is perceived as. Is there a limit that could be reached that any further improvements would go unn
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by Sekel @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By Hendrik42 CN37 coming out now, get the CN35 while its cheap :-) To be honest, I do not think CN35 is cheap at the moment. The truth is I have seen some price drop just today, but still... Taking Thomann.de eshop prices: KAWAI
Page 12 of 29 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question for experienced piano players
by zwpkhm99
01/24/17 11:21 AM
Might sound crazy...
by Isabelle1949
01/24/17 09:38 AM
just ordered a Roland RD 2000
by Dave Horne
01/24/17 09:33 AM
Sampled Piano Libraries - The Most Responsive Library?
by Yohei
01/24/17 06:38 AM
Roland's subscription-based "Tera Piano" software
by haydnseek
01/24/17 06:37 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,367 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,985 Topics
2,591,783 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission