Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
119 registered (agraffe, Albunea, ando, 36251, 32 invisible), 2167 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yes those 598's are definitely a good buy, and very comfortable fit Large ears here and it all fits in there ^^ They are a little harder to drive though at 50 ohms but should not be a problem with most DP's I imagine - and most definitely are at ou
Jump to new posts Re: Which Headphones do you own and would you recommend them? by TonyDIGITAL @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

The HD598 is a close-back headphone. Correct? Can you also explain the "A/B" that you mentioned? I've seen those settings in VST software but can't relate to what the difference between something like "Studio Recording A/B" vs &qu
Jump to new posts Re: Attaching different speakers to the Privia 850 by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By pianopiI am dissatisfied with my Privia PX850 sound when using the speakers. It has a muffled feeling (like your ears are slightly blocked). I was wondering if I could change the speakers on the Privia, and whether it is worth t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by prout @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

A vibrating string MAY or MAY NOT produce exact multiples of the fundamental frequency. A BOWED violin string WILL produce exact integer partials. A PLUCKED violin string will produce slightly wider than integer multiples of the partials. Bowed stri
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: action part for an old upright/antique by music kitchen @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

Alright, Craig I will send the picture, but it may work better via email i suppose...
Jump to new posts Re: First Taste of my own Roland HP-605... by kapelli @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By GossEven so - we enjoy a very nice pair of loudspeakers in our livingroom which we bought for 400 which when new were about 10k and even those ( Kef Reference Model 3.2 ) powered by an amp that could make a tv dinner and they
Jump to new posts Re: First Taste of my own Roland HP-605... by Goss @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

nice one ^^
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RP401r, Casio AP-460 or something else? by kickthetiger @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

Does the Casio have a line in? With usb midi it's easy to connect to a computer or ipad, and there is plenty of cheap software that will get you sounds at least as good as the extras in the Roland. But without a line in on the piano you'd be left usi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New baldwin pianos by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 03:09 PM

Don't limit your thinking to new pianos. Look at rebuilt and used as well, you often get more for your money that way.
Jump to new posts Re: Attaching different speakers to the Privia 850 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

A possible experiment: Go to the local music store, and rent one (if the PX-850 has a "mono" output) or two (if not) "powered stage monitors" or a medium-sized PA system, for a weekend, wire them up, and listen to them. As Moro
I am NOT a headphone enthusiast, and prior to owning a DP this year, have never spent more than $50 on a headset... That said, I've had a few chances to audition some nice cans recently, and settled on the Sennheiser HD598 open-ear headphones. They'
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tiny hands by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:53 PM

Has anyone ever tried making smaller keyboards for children?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsHi Morodiene, normally I would speak to the parent sooner, but, due to her age and her "prim donna" demeanor, I thought it best to have discussions with her (on at least 2 occasions) to address her latene
really nice those - they are on my list ^^ I'd prefer those over sennheiser most of the time - sennheisers are always a little bright though the HD600 I've not tried. If you are considering going as high as the HD600's, see if you can try out
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do YOU want from an adult beginner by malkin @ Yesterday at 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By Peter K. Mose...Part of my role is to serve as a weekly cheerleader, and witness to this progress. One of my favorite teacher quotes came after I'd gone off at length describing the problems I've had with a piece. My teacher li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Sheet Music Resources and How to Print by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

When you get a little past beginning, there's a great source for pre-1923 American popular music, the Lester S. Levy collection at Johns Hopkins. Google will find it for you. You can download and print scanned PDF's.
Jump to new posts Re: Greased rollers.... by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 02:36 PM

There is a product that I use to clean things like that on pianos. It is called "White Spirit" and is normally used as a safe alternative to dry cleaning fluid. So the rollers are effectively dry cleaned by wiping hard with a clean rag soak
Jump to new posts Re: Which Headphones do you own and would you recommend them? by TonyDIGITAL @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

I'm using Sony MDR-V6 but considering an open-back solution for mixing or even monitoring when nobody / noise is around. What do you think of Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro? It's supposed to have a flat response similar the HD600 but costs much less...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

Vibrating strings and vibrating air columns produce overtones that are integer multiples of their fundamental frequency. Put new notes at those integer multiples, and you get intervals between them, with integer ratios. For instance, 3:2 is a fifth
Jump to new posts Re: HB Tuner v1.6 (major changes) by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

I know how difficult it is to get constructive criticism and polite advise on software, but you have been helpful for me in the past.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pomodoro technique for pianists by twocats @ Yesterday at 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By twocatsActually, by posting here on a site with high Google Ranking, they do get something out of it: SEO value. I'd consider this an ad/spam. I doubt the poster had that in mind. Since the site
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano pieces to play on Christmas by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiI found this score in my iPad the other day (downloaded from Choo's website linked to his YouTube)--it's great, so how did I forget about it? https://youtu.be/iGd_pSjfHDQ What a great piece! Might bring me out of
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do YOU want from an adult beginner by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By John KellerI am a self taught intermediate player but am more than willing to start from scratch. I love to practice and carve out at least an hour a day to do so, many times two. As long as I see progress, I'm happy. It's a ne
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano pieces to play on Christmas by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldi I found this score in my iPad the other day (downloaded from Choo's website linked to his YouTube)--it's great, so how did I forget about it? What a treat! Choo is a fantastic pianist .. full of energy and jo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New baldwin pianos by Duke of Dunning @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

Apparently, Petrof grands come with a choice of a Petrof action or a Renner action, at least on the smaller models. Of course, that goes to availability on the showroom floor.
Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai CA Series Expected Update
by mattmich
12/10/16 05:56 PM
Samuel Barber
by I like Piano
12/10/16 04:58 PM
Perhaps Chopin wasn't 'capable' of liking Rosalyn Tureck...
by scriabinfanatic
12/10/16 03:35 PM
Blüthner Moulding
by PhilipInChina
12/10/16 02:30 PM
Christmas arrangements
by Polyphonist
12/10/16 01:47 PM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,834 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,906 Topics
2,577,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission