Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (36251, accordeur, anamnesis, Anita Potter, allakart, 31 invisible), 1323 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Gerry Johnston The contiguous thirds method of tuning has been around since before Bill Bremmer was born. It is the approach that Bill advocates, but it has nothing to do with switching from ETD to aural. If you watch the beg
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Grotrian 6'3" v. Steinway B by backto_study_piano @ Today at 03:56 AM

I've a 7'4" Grotrian. The Hamburg Steinway (we don't get NY) and Grotrian are VERY different. I guess it's a bit like saying "is that 4 bed/3 bath 2 storey home superior to that 4 bed/3 bath single storey home". They're both similar
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Today at 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Alexander BorroOriginally Posted By: CarlosCC 29. Alexander Borro - A sort of ... Mission - Alexander, this is your 1st recital, right? Welcome! And what a presentation; I love this. Your improvisation and arrangement are just a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should Lack of Humanity Matter? by musicpassion @ Today at 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: AZNpianoThis thread is beyond bizarre. I can't imagine any piano teacher (or any teacher, period!) talking to a student in such a manner. It's completely unprofessional. Please find yourself a new teacher. There are lots of
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Other Yamaha DGx 640/650 owners here ? by Jytte @ Today at 03:50 AM

Thank you Vinciane, found the data list for the E433 (that was in fact the model I'd been looking at) and realize that it offers me little that I do not already have, and not what I'm looking for at all. You prompted me though, to look at the S650,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Decent Baby Grand for about $2000-$3000 by musicpassion @ Today at 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: amateur101I'm thinking to get this Kimball Viennese(e-bay #201226573432) if I'll be able to bring the price down to 5K. I've read only good things about this model. I don't like its appearance though: too stout, too flashy gold.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you play for? by Medden @ Today at 03:40 AM

"What do you play the piano for?" Normally, for about half an hour, most evenings. But longer if I can! I find it challenging, rewarding, therapeutic and it has opened up a whole new world to me.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by mabraman @ Today at 03:39 AM

Those notes sound weird via headphones, so it's not a matter of positioning the piano too close to a wall. It's either in the sample or it's some hardware/software issue which affects various models. I agree that a true, lively sound is more pleasan
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Wanted to give jazz a chance, reverting back to classical by Artur Gajewski @ Today at 03:31 AM

For long time I felt like I really wanted to learn jazz/blues piano. But the more I tried to figure out how to structure the 7 chords and throw the melody into the mix, the more I started craving to go back to playing classical. I have no idea why as
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should Lack of Humanity Matter? by AZNpiano @ Today at 03:28 AM

This thread is beyond bizarre. I can't imagine any piano teacher (or any teacher, period!) talking to a student in such a manner. It's completely unprofessional. Please find yourself a new teacher. There are lots of great piano teachers out there
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should Lack of Humanity Matter? by AZNpiano @ Today at 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: The MonkeysOriginally Posted By: Chrisl like telling me he picks up women off craigslist, how women want men to 'pay for' sex like a dinner etc... Originally Posted By: hreichgottSounds like not a normal person .... Is that
Jump to new posts Re: New piano student by MRC @ Today at 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: IWG.The thing is, i do feel that i need it. The PX150 IMO is good enough for a hobby but not good enough to express the piano pieces. But i do like the functions of a digital piano ( ie. able to adjust volume, silent, able to pr
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft by VI Labs… First Look and Sound by Superbaffone @ Today at 03:18 AM

I asked him to reduce the size of rav (I have a mac 128gb hd), the answer from vilabs: We will soon (probably by the end of the week) release a new version that uses a lossless compression of the ufs file which will bring the size of he library down
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by lolatu @ Today at 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: AndyJoe Record the notes to WAV and upload them to Soundcloud? Wow!! That's way beyond my pay grade - I wouldn't even know where to start. All I know is I've got a perfectly good set of ears and in common with others they are t
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: currawongOriginally Posted By: bjorn of brekkukotIt seems that my brain simply cannot ignore fingerings. If they're on the page, my fingers automatically follow them.I'm the opposite. I have to force myself to look at fingering
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by lolatu @ Today at 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: McBusterThose in this thread that are very pleased with these notes, Is your piano up against a wall with 2-3-4" separation? If so, is the wall Equalizer On or Off? . Yes. Wall EQ off. Tried it but didn't like it.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by lolatu @ Today at 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: lolatu This is more surprising, because for Concert Grand 2 (I assume that's what you're referring to), I can clearly hear the stretch groups: if you start at Middle C and descend chromatically, you sho
Pianist Corner
So more possibilites for my contribution: 1) Rachmaninoff - Prelude op. 23 no 4 and Prelude op. 32 no 10 = 11 minutes 3) Rachmaninoff - Sonata b flat minor op. 36 movement 1 = 11 minutes (Horowitz's edition) 4) Rachmaninoff - Etude a minor op. 39 no
Jump to new posts Re: Are Composite Shanks really Better than Wooden ones? by Chris Leslie @ Today at 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Herr WeissOriginally Posted By: harpon (I think I see room on the butt for a male stud though.) Interesting. HW Maybe then the shanks will be screwed.
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with mothergoosetools.com website by daniokeeper @ Today at 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: DavidWBWhy don't you call Joe (208.278.5257). Perhaps he's aware of this being an issue for some people with his website; if so, he may know what's causing it. David Bauguess I'll try after Thanksgiving. Thanks David -Joe
Jump to new posts Re: New piano student by PtJaa @ Today at 02:21 AM

IWG, if you attach your PX150 to a computer and download the trial of Pianoteq, you'll have dynamics in spades. Just make sure you have low latency. I agree that the internal sound of PX150 and many other DP's are lacking in many respects - that's wh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording equipment advice by Norbert @ Today at 01:51 AM

The best recording I know made "cheap" is by the Zoom 4. A truly amazing little tool, worth a try: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/600761-REG/Zoom_H4N_H4n_Handy_Mobile_4_Track.html Norbert
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you play for? by Elssa @ Today at 01:40 AM

I enjoy being creative.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by ando @ Today at 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: lolatu This is more surprising, because for Concert Grand 2 (I assume that's what you're referring to), I can clearly hear the stretch groups: if you start at Middle C and descend chromatically, you should hear that each group o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you play for? by Johan B @ Today at 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: OongawaI returned to the piano after many years because it was a way to be creative without making "stuff" that has to be stored somewhere. I always enjoyed crafts, amd I am good at that stuff, but tired of all the pa
Page 12 of 34 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33 34 >
What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway legs?
by Klavimaniac
51 minutes 29 seconds ago
1875 legs and lyre where to get?
by Klavimaniac
Today at 06:02 PM
"It Don't mean A Thing (If it Ain't...
by prout
Today at 04:43 PM
Yamaha CP33?
by Possum SP280Krome
Today at 04:16 PM
E4 Just Won't Come Into Tune
by Cobra1365
Today at 03:49 PM
Forum Stats
77071 Members
42 Forums
159406 Topics
2341624 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission