Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by Retsacnal @ Today at 02:00 AM

Schimmelchen?Schimmellein?Schimmelke des Fridi?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts P155 or FA-08 by Yussnan84 @ Today at 01:59 AM

Hi, im thinking about getting a new piano. I already saw the P155 is a very solid instrument, but im not sure if the FA-08 is a good option for me. I want the instrument for home practice and want it to be portable,to have a good action and If the p
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to make high-quality keyboard videos? by Nicholas Mihaila @ Today at 01:54 AM

Here's another video that I made with a few minor recording tweaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJr0DVHoEXA&feature=youtu.be I specifically chose a piece that has a lot of dynamics. Also, as an aside, I realize that the camera wasn't in the
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch. by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 01:48 AM

Heck, for me, it won't probably EVER have speakers. Its whole point is to permit me to play when it's not otherwise feasible to be making noise. If I need to make a sound that is audible without headphones, I have my acoustic. For the studio, tha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin by Elene @ Today at 01:43 AM

An aspect of Polish musical culture we may not have experienced.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHmwVfy3X1E&feature=youtu.be (OK, the song's from Ukraine and the Ukrainian woman is a man, but it's in Polish here.) Elene
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch. by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 01:40 AM

Oh, believe me, I'm using "convenience" only in the sense that most consumers who are not stage musicians would perceive the "all in one" element of it that way. I do not need it to look or act like furniture. I do not want two
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Different Keys Without Playing Scales by fizikisto @ Today at 01:38 AM

jazzwee Yes I agree. I would add that also scales are the foundation of music theory. The playing of scales is about much more than the mechanics of playing/fingering. Of course it's about that too. But if you play scales attentively, and you
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Haggling over makeup by ezpiano.org @ Today at 01:33 AM

Quoting from ChildofParadise2002, the more restrictive the make-up policy, the more likely that parents send *sick* kids to lessons. This is very true. I realize it is no perfect policy, so, I settle down with more flexible policy so that I am not go
Pianist Corner
Scriabin - Prelude OP 17 no 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJPBWp0Yyo4 Chopin Mazurka op 17 no 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idbaPu1gDPg I just had to revive this thread, I'm looking for more pieces to start on!
Adult Beginners Forum
When I read the biography of some masters and how meticulously they practiced their scales, I knew that I can't ignore that. Aside from the issues of fingering and navigating through your scales, practicing scales is a convenient way to build techniq
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Here is a plot of the beat rates also, as a function of where you set F3. Kees
Mark, geometric progression means that the beat rate ratio of A3C#4 and F3A3 is the same as the beat rate ratio of C#4F4 and A3C#4 and the same as the beat rate ratio of F4A4 and C#4F4. Zero error when F3A3=6.9, look closer. Kees
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by turandot @ Today at 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Almaviva that means that Schimmel will now have FIVE piano lines. Or will this new "Fridolin" line replace either the Schimmel International line, the Wilhelm Schimmel line, or both of them? Yes, they will have fiv
I guess there are other parameters to consider. When you speak of dynamic range and controllability I immediately think in a concert grand, but not at all in blow distance. In a concert grand the main difference is the size. The size of the keys in
Jump to new posts Re: An aural and visual demonstration of the Skeleton. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:42 AM

Thanks Kees. When you say geometric, are you creating 7,8,9 type relationships, preserving the arithmetic difference? Because I've said a few times already that I'm convinced that this type of relationship would not be the goal. For the human ear, 8
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to decide by Jennymomofboys @ Today at 12:40 AM

Well, I did not get out to shop this weekend, sadly. I'm shopping online a lot to see what I like. So far I've decided that for an acoustic, I'd need to get a grand/baby grand to be happy at this point. And then tonight, I started looking at digit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan by phantomFive @ Today at 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: outoOriginally Posted By: bennevis I wouldn't pay $25 for any hamburger. In Norway you might, or end up starving You could always try living on a diet of pickled cod?
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating temperament problem. Advice please by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:22 AM

Ok, I'm missing something here. I just tuned a spinet with wound strings in the tenor. I bisected the 4:2/6:3 and the octave was acceptable, even cleanish. A little beating at the 4:2 and a little beating at the 6:3. If I made it a 2:1, holy cow, t
Jump to new posts Re: Am. Ivory II Sound Quality Differences by Chrisl @ Today at 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: 7notemodeHey Chrisl, 7notemode here -- I don't know if this will help, but let me share my workflow. I don't think I was totally clear about it in the video's description. I use two different settings: one to play The Iv.Am.Con
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch. by Charles Cohen @ Today at 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes . . . It sounds like from this thread that a stage keyboard and some speakers are an option here. So I guess my question is, what, if anything, are you giving up by buying an MP11 over, say, a CA95, other than t
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch. by Kawai James @ Today at 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes...what, if anything, are you giving up by buying an MP11 over, say, a CA95, other than the convenience of a case and built-in speakers? Anything? Is there something categoric that I'm missing that really differen
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Blac by Aviram @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

Hey ! This is a new cover I made to the wonderful song "Blackbird" by the Beatles and actually by Paul McCartney . https://soundcloud.com/aviram-spies/blackbird-aviram-spies It's a piano-solo jazz version with plenty of improv parts . e
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Blackbird - Piano Cover - The Beatles by Aviram @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Hey ! This is a new cover I made to the wonderful song "Blackbird" by the Beatles and actually by Paul McCartney . https://soundcloud.com/aviram-spies/blackbird-aviram-spies It's a piano-solo jazz version with plenty of improv parts . enj
Originally Posted By: ChickGrandOriginally Posted By: Del If you were to remove the soundboard assembly—I did not—you would find that it behaves very much like a three-ply laminated (and rib-less) panel. The crown was forced into assembly in the pres
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in method books. by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Brian, that's the responsibility of the teacher - to make you comfortable with the material they are using. I'm glad it's working for you, as it should. I took your comment different, which I now understand is not what you meant. NHNF.
Page 12 of 36 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
158 registered (accordeur, allakart, ajames, 47 invisible), 1660 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157243 Topics
2309498 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
all BBCode tags are broken
by beet31425
50 minutes 10 seconds ago
Write melody contrapuntally
by kobethuy
59 minutes 25 seconds ago
Yamaha N2 or CLP545
by Butteman
Today at 02:14 PM
Scale & Arp exercises that sounds good to people in lounge
by FarmGirl
Today at 01:56 PM
New to Piano World, Seeking Advice on a Spinet Regulation
by HelloMrZebra
Today at 01:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission