Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Distance between the Black Keys . . ? by Enthusiast @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: peterwsOriginally Posted By: slipperykeysPersonally I want a keyboard that replicates an acoustic in design and realisation as closely as possible although I would like to try a keyboard where a low narrow ridge moulded into the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by bledredwine @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Rachmaninoff has been my favorite composer since age 14. I just haven't found a composer who can parallel his combination of texture (see Rhapsody on a Theme by Pagannini), orchestration (flute taking theme in Rach 3, ahhh), bravura, nationalistic r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing a piece through by carlos88 @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

The self-recording process has really been the breakthrough change for me for playing a piece all the way through. The stress level is pretty equivalent to playing in front of someone. Maybe worse :-) I have to set rules for myself when using rec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Top selling self-taught pianists? by Derulux @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Sand TigerOriginally Posted By: DeruluxYour information on Watson is, at best, misinformed. ... So, he was surrounded by great golf, and coached by outstanding golf coaches for most of his amateur life. Bearing that in mind, I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Norbert @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM

Quote:Since posting the negative assessment of W,N&G actions in Mr Meyers communication-your offer to "represent" W,N&G to the German piano industry must be considered moot-or am I wrong as usual? It's not a "negative asse
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

It's not lactic acid that's the problem, this would be very obvious to the OP. It's also not the infamous DOMS, as this too would be very obvious. bennevis doesn't seem to understand fluid depletion very well. Let's also remind him that there are n
Pianist Corner
I only discovered her the other day, by accident while perusing youtube. She's fabulous. Just what classical needs. A bit like Nigel Kennedy for piano.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein grand agraffe by BEN120N @ Yesterday at 12:07 PM

Thanks for the reply. The dimensions are as follows; Height from shoulder to top; 12mm Width as viewed from front; 11mm Bottom section depth; 6mm Top section depth; 8mm Hope that makes sense. I shall try to email a photo. I hav
Originally Posted By: PianoBoennaI have now started to save up for a AG N1. Hopefully it will be my christmas present for my self B. What about a silent piano for that sort of price? Based on my recent experiences at the shops I'd much rather g
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing a piece through by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: noobpianist90Here, go through this: http://www.bulletproofmusician.com/what-every-musician-ought-to-know-about-stage-fright/ A great entry in a great blog, to which I have now subscribed. Thanks for posting this!
Jump to new posts Re: Midi Keyboards with Looper and PC by Var @ Yesterday at 11:58 AM

Absolutely. I'm interested in seeing how well everything works together, including either a DAW or the software that comes with both pieces.
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison (DSU) Tuning Technique by Toni Goldener @ Yesterday at 11:57 AM

Thanks Marc very much for your video and your illstrations. At home I have a book of Otto Funke. He suggested to tune each unison first, even when setting the temperament. For me it is not so easy to understand everything (language problem), so if I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Premier Piano of New York by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 11:52 AM

It's not the name on the fallboard which brings joy, it's the piano when it sings to you. I agree, if the piano is in decent shape, that's a very fair price. But, it doesn't mean that you can't do a little bargaining. Hiring a qualified tech is ve
Jump to new posts Re: "Shoe box" sound by Toni Goldener @ Yesterday at 11:48 AM

Dear technicians First thanks a lot for all your advices and help witch I really appreciate. Unfortunately I had only a short moment of time at the grand, I wasn't even able to take out the action, nor to take a closer look at the grand, just play a
Pianist Corner
I agree with her wholeheartedly. If I'm to be honest, I wish that classical music could even abandon the dress codes, black + white aristocratic vibe that it has. I do think that it would increase the mass appeal. We can go anywhere and see jazz/bl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Premier Piano of New York by FenderJazzMan @ Yesterday at 11:20 AM

thanks for that.... I am indeed going to make sure I get a tech to look at it. My impression from just looking at this once, is that it was babied and not played too much over it's life.. The idea of buying something hand crafted in America for th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Troubleshooting the Gravity Drop/Weight Transfer etc. by bledredwine @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

Hey guys. I'm a long time follower here that just hasn't posted in years I've followed all of the great arm weight debates with Niklaus's/KeyboardKlutz's weight + Kitty's fingers etc.... Anyway, I've been struggling with my sound and feeling comfort
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is There a Static and Universal Musical Truth? by Old Man @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark_CNo A wise man, indeed.
Originally Posted By: AlfredoIn order to achieve a good ET progression, Prout, once you are addressed correctly, you need years of attentive and scrupulous work. I think that partials do not need to be predicted, but heard and put in the right place.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Valentina Lisitsa talks about elitism, concert etiquette.... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

I also thought it was effective and engaging. One vocal woman in the audience shouted something to the effect of "just play the piece!" and was promptly shushed by the rest of the audience, but the mood was blown and she promptly did get t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cracks in my soundboard?? by sophial @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

I'm not a tech but don't see anything terribly alarming here or abnormal. See what your tech says and in the meantime try not to worry too much.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: About the Blues scale by JamesPlaysPiano @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

We've arrived at an interesting "place" regarding the blues scale... On one extreme, you can play using only the six notes of the minor blues scale, and you get a very distinct, authentic sound. On the other extreme, you can add so much chr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Norbert, Since posting the negative assessment of W,N&G actions in Mr Meyers communication-your offer to "represent" W,N&G to the German piano industry must be considered moot-or am I wrong as usual?
Pianist Corner
I've been to two of her performances. One was a paid, traditional performance in a recital salon, where she didn't speak, and she played exactly what was on the program. The other was a free performance in a church, where, halfway into the performa
Jump to new posts Re: Accepted Procedure for Having a Piano Tech look at a piano? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

When you hire a technician to inspect a piano you are considering purchasing-the technician is working for you. The information he/she gives you is for your use. Not discussing the piano in hearing range of the seller lets you think it all through
Page 12 of 40 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 39 40 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
120 registered (Atrys, accordeur, antony, AZNpiano, Arizona Sage, 32 invisible), 1361 Guests and 50 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153514 Topics
2249603 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Morning Mist: a ballade for piano
by JoelW
04/17/14 12:27 AM
Insanity
by Polyphonist
04/16/14 11:55 PM
Yamaha P140 sluggish keys : how to fix?
by Bambell
04/16/14 11:52 PM
Cristina Perri - HUMAN piano cover
by SAO
04/16/14 11:12 PM
Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!!
by ShiroKuro
04/16/14 10:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission