Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
142 registered (AndreaH, accordeur, augustm, anamnesis, 34 invisible), 1901 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I think original RD-700 was released back in 2000 or 2001. Back then 64MB ROM was considered big. At around the same time, the original Motif had only slightly more than that. I agree that virtual instruments on laptop would give you a lot better so
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano advice by DiarmuidD @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

Then I would advise a 10-20 yer old C6 or C7 or a new Chinese 7ft+ grand. The best value options. But you could find a great deal on an old Bluthner/Bechstein/Bosendorfer and a good rebuilder.....just make sure they know how to finish it to a high st
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano advice by pirke @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

And I do know my closest dealer is also a respected tuner and technician. They can give good advice, but in my experience everyone who sells pianos is not really objective in their advice. And I'm weird in the sense that I'm considering an expensive
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

Many thanks Will. I have already ordered to Schaff shank/flange and whippen samples to test them on the Centennial. If I had known what you say I had not ordered anything. Anyway it makes no harm to have some Samples. Everything in this piano is
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By JoelW Neither are very good. Haha! In case this is actually meant seriously, let me point out that, at ten years old, both of those pianists understood more about music and played better than you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By JoelW It's not just Mozart. Every composer sounds contrived when played "properly", but for Mozart this is especially true in my opinion. The problem is you have "musicality" b
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by petes1 @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By rolfieDo piano Pianoteq not make use of samples at all , it is calculated/modelled from math ? That is its whole point -- no samples, all calculated on the fly. You can tell that this is so, for one the footprint of the program
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by EPW @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Yep purely modeled from math. As a counterpoint Truepianos is a hybrid modeled from initial samples. Love it for mixes not solo piano work. Unfortunately it seems no more work is being done on it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scam symptoms by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By iLawOriginally Posted By wouter79 But if you cashed it anonymously, the bank has nobody to tell it was a fake. How do you cash a check anonymously? Your name is listed as the payee on the front and you've signed it on the bac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano advice by pirke @ Yesterday at 07:22 PM

I live in the south of The Netherlands. 50 square meters is perhaps larger than average for a living room, it is effectively split in two areas: one area has sofas with a home cinema setup (we don't have a TV, just a projector for everything), the o
Such beautiful instruments! I really like the concealed control panel. It's a nice touch (among other nice touches)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep open your sheet music. But how? by iLaw @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Spring-type clothespins. They're scattered all over the music room. I think every Manhasset has a couple clamped to it. They will definitely anchor more than a few pages at a time. Larry.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: jazz fantasy on mozart by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By charleslangA really nice start into this kind of thing! Your improvised lines create brief exciting moments but end up aborted; you need to work on sewing them together into a whole that makes sense melodically. Transpose this
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by boo1234 @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Mozart is like the swimsuit competition in a beauty pageant. There is no room to hide your imperfections!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano advice by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 07:17 PM

Another point worth remembering, with such a large room, is that used grands are similar to some other items in that the small to medium sizes are more expensive than the very large ones. So you can get some amazing deals on 2.8 metre concert grands.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By dogpersonOriginally Posted By JoelWMozart pianists are bad at Mozart. Joel, do you consider this bad Mozart? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4FRmVbiAg Or this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Jump to new posts Re: Splicing a bass string that's too short by David-G @ Yesterday at 07:16 PM

If anyone would care to give a quick explanation of how a splice is done, I would be really interested to know. Not because I intend to do it! I would just be interested to know.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep open your sheet music. But how? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Music page holder--four prongs. Can be positioned with a few pages free to allow page turns. For large books, place the inner prongs only several dozen pages back, and it will still hold the book open. http://www.the-music-store.com/store/ind...CFdM
Headphones pose a recurrent challenge to piano VSTs. While no VST piano sounds exactly like an AP in any direct listening situation, the difference seems mitigated when using speakers. Part of this mitigation is probably the result of VST designers t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts How much does a piece's length matter in a competition? by johnnygor @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

I'm going to start working on a piece for a concerto competition, and I want to do the 4th movement of Scharwenka's 4th piano concerto because I really like it, but it is only 7 minutes and it seems like every pianist that does well in this competiti
Jump to new posts Re: Pin block or wrest plank? by David-G @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

The Oxford English Dictionary gives the following definition for "wrest" as a noun: "A key for tuning a harp or piano (archaic)". I have found some examples of its use. In "William with the Ring: A Romance in Rhyme" by
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By JoelWMozart pianists are bad at Mozart. If this is not meant humorously and "Mozart pianists" means pianists famous for their Mozart playing, then frankly it's
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by Vid @ Yesterday at 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWIt's not just Mozart. Every composer sounds contrived when played "properly", but for Mozart this is especially true in my opinion. The problem is you have "musicality" being taught by the academia, or pr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are you shy when playing in piano showrooms? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusI usually test the high end grands by playing Great Balls of Fire so I guess I'm not shy. Surely you're joking? Or, you're making fun of me... that's what I do. Seriously, I like "Whole lotta shakin goin on&q
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by rolfie @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Do piano Pianoteq not make use of samples at all , it is calculated/modelled from math ?
Page 12 of 27 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baldwin Model R
by AndreaH
05/05/16 03:04 PM
Larry Greenfield Hand Exercise
by sus4
05/05/16 02:30 PM
Grand Piano Depreciation Information? (Steinway A)
by peterspiano
05/05/16 02:25 PM
Is Soler severely underrated and underperformed?
by pianoloverus
05/05/16 01:37 PM
Clouds Hovering Above My head - improv
by Panolof
05/05/16 10:54 AM
Forum Stats
83,519 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,430 Topics
2,521,546 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission