Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyNow, let us all enjoy a performance of 4'33" Can 4'33" be performed on a parlor grand, or is a full concert grand needed to truly do it justice?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best Keyboard/Piano £600 light up keys by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

I think you may have a problem: . . . There are not many "good" keyboards (88 keys, weighted-hammer action) . . . that have light-up keys. They are considered a feature for raw beginners. The Casio PX-x50 (PX-150 / PX-350 / PX-850 etc)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K200 by michaelha @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

Kawai's K series are good pianos, so don't worry - you're not buying a POS. The K-200 is on the small side so a K-300 is usually a better place to start, and worth the price difference. The price seems very fair.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Embedded ads? by jotur @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Yea, Peyton! How *anyone* could possibly think a program like that would do the program's *owners* any good is beyond me :\ Cathy
Jump to new posts Re: Surge protection? by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: MacMacMacWait until the battery fails. After a year or two, poof. No more protection. And you don't even know it ... until the power goes out. At my former employer there was one under almost every desk. Over 1000 of them in th
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: andoNewbie question from somebody who doesn't use any sampled pianos anymore. (Only PT.) What is the difference between buffer size and preload size? I always thought they were the same thing - not that I ever gave it much thou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help!! by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

I said bad tool, not broken tool. A top quality screwdriver of the wrong size will also damage your screws.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

Strobos hide us part of what is happening, so what we see is an incomplete succession that can be missinterpreted. What I've posted is a ultra high speed video, exactly the opposite. It hides nothing to our view as strobos do. Your analogy is inva
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Increasing practice time by Cardinal201 @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_gregSo here's a question to take our minds off the price of gold: What pieces exactly is this 6-year old playing? The OP mentioned "études". What would those be exactly? Certainly not the Op. 10. What reper
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Embedded ads? by jamie_vt @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Personally I would probably run a scan with an antivirus, both Sophos and Avast do free editions for Mac, or look for some antispyware software, as otherwise I suspect it will reappear Remember that Macs are not immune to viruses they are just rare
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Increasing practice time by keystring @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_gregMy experience has been that a really talented child will want to spend that much time. It won't be an effort or a chore, and it will not require hardly any prodding from the parent. Thank you for explaining your view
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

Prout, The video was addressed to BDB. Don't tell me you also believe partials do not exist! Do you?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: briansaddlebackOriginally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: briansaddlebackFor older folks I've been asked a few times to play Blue River. I dont know how to play it but they keep asking for it. The crowd is in their 80s and
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

there's unlikely to be a demand for such a massive preload with fast drives - even basic HDDs. I'm running an SSD. In Kontakt, vintage D piano preloads a mere 9mb.
Jump to new posts Re: Surge protection? by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: MacMacMacSinewave technology! Wowzer! Just imagine! Please don't be fooled by "sinewave technology". It snake-oil market-speak. Of course it has sine waves. What else would it have? Or, in the same vein ... My flo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about finger reach! by MALDI_ToF @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: GreenerOriginally Posted By: MALDI_ToFMight I suggest that if a roll is needed, and it is in a place where musically it might make sense, you use some rubato ... I will agree that this may make sense in some instances and be p
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Butt Plate - Replacement part? by musicNow @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

PM sent. - Thank you Craig.
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by bnolsen @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: lolatuOriginally Posted By: bnolsenI don't know about these piano programs but logic would tell me that they preload everything into ram. From what I've heard, they just load the first second or two of each sample, then stream
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve CohenOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: Steve CohenOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: Steve CohenOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveI do feel that something was lost when the Steinway
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about finger reach! by Greener @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: MALDI_ToFMight I suggest that if a roll is needed, and it is in a place where musically it might make sense, you use some rubato ... I will agree that this may make sense in some instances and be preferred. Not here though f
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Increasing practice time by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

My experience has been that a really talented child will want to spend that much time. It won't be an effort or a chore, and it will not require hardly any prodding from the parent. Also, they'll be able to sustain the intense focus needed during pr
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by ando @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

Newbie question from somebody who doesn't use any sampled pianos anymore. (Only PT.) What is the difference between buffer size and preload size? I always thought they were the same thing - not that I ever gave it much thought.
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Grands then playing The New Roland by bnolsen @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

A salesman told me that 97% of concert halls in the US have steinway grands. That tells me that if you don't have a steinway in your house for practice you may as well hang it up and call it quits because there's no way you're playing a *real* piano
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can't play to my fullest potential without a good grand by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungOriginally Posted By: Roland The Beagle However, I imagine that learning to play on a wide variety of pianos is extremely challenging for the brain to handle and yet it can learn to do so very well with a lot of pract
Piano Forum
Jamie is a qualified tuner and a technician himself, although your right in saying an independent or 2nd look over is a good idea, dunno I don't really like Bechstein's sound all that much, I'm still tempted by either the Schimmel or the Weinbach, ha
Page 12 of 36 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
117 registered (Barry1963, AndrewJCW, 36251, Aleksandra Bukala, 36 invisible), 1715 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75528 Members
42 Forums
156187 Topics
2293586 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New set of studies probing Does Practice Make Perfect?
by music32
7 minutes 15 seconds ago
Toyama Piano- A Year On.
by TheAccompanist
Today at 09:39 AM
Frederick Historical Piano Benefit Concert - July 29 2014
by Terrytunes
Today at 09:25 AM
Using a (continuous) sustain pedal as expression
by barmassimo
Today at 09:06 AM
PianoDiscs and Synthesia
by pianistfromSG
Today at 08:49 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission