Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
This guy: Quote:Tony Cicoria was a doctor specializing in orthopedic medicine. He was struck by lightning one night and instead of dying like a normal person, grew an intense need to play beautiful piano music. Despite never being interested in musi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Mason & Hamlin Tension Resonator: Help or Hype??? by musicpassion @ Today at 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: BDB, I would point out that very few people voice pianos ever, so the odds of someone "voicing up" a piano are slim, Good point. I have my pianos fully maintained, and sometimes I suppose I assume other people do t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by musicpassion @ Today at 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: tdv<Better than either of these will be the Walter 175> Of course, you are not prejudiced are you Del?! Well, he didn't say the Fandrich upright. That would be really prejudiced. However he could have. It is better.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by dire tonic @ Today at 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: joflahI find that the VPC1's downweight is over 70g, and upweight is about 50g. That seems to be higher than what I've read is usual for grand pianos- maybe 45-50g and 20-25g. It's beginning to seem too much. I've used a strip o
Piano Forum
While I am loathe to cater to Paul678's long-time insecurity about buying a piano, I would point out that very few people voice pianos ever, so the odds of someone "voicing up" a piano are slim, particularly doing it in an area where the no
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Mason & Hamlin Tension Resonator: Help or Hype??? by musicpassion @ Today at 03:10 AM

The killer octave being too bright is a red flag. It often means someone has voiced it up in volume to overcome the fact the soundboard is dead. [EDIT: after reading BDB's post I realize I should fix this statement. I've seen this problem before i
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by gsmonks @ Today at 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: ScottMIt might interest you to know that my primary composition professor was a student of Hindemith's and a model of what a composition teacher should be. I don't think there's any constructive outcome to this discussion. Th
Pianist Corner
I did not know how much I missed piano until quit after 7 years of lessons. My parents said once quit no going back,so I tried live life not to listen to any music. I tuned out all the music around me. Yeah both my parents and I were stupid and stu
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by bgiles @ Today at 02:48 AM

Digitalguy, I guess you're right, my requirements may be different to others. I do a lot of Musical Theatre work that requires a strong desk arrangement for multiple scores that I need to annotate. So this was on my 'check list' when choosing a table
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by wimpiano @ Today at 02:47 AM

Congratulations Cheryl!! My non-AOTW is that my teacher went on a holiday. For a whole month!! Anyway, the upside is that he told met that I could play anything I liked as long as it wasn't too far ahead of my current abilities. So I intend to sur
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Michael Sayers @ Today at 02:41 AM

Hi Mark, as I am sure you know, it is possible with the right types of staccato touch to get pedaled through staccato lines in music by Chopin and other composers to sound quite different than if those keys had been played legato. This is an easy av
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ Today at 02:35 AM

dynamobt - I don't think that there is truly any "easy" Chopin - but it is all beautiful and music for the soul - enjoy your piece! Brian - How great to have a repertoire building up so beautifully. My ATOW isn't really any achievement, b
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: teaching in a studio vs independently from home by AZNpiano @ Today at 02:02 AM

Give it a try. It's like throwing your name out there, and you might get even more word-of-mouth referrals. And if you don't like the place, you can always quit.
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by peterws @ Today at 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By: peterwsNot to mention the long term finger health issues . . . now don`t you lot go selling your VCP1s; a permanent cure for arthritis is surely just round the corner . . Pete, may I ask if you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polish rebuilding at SAP by phacke @ Today at 01:56 AM

Thank you very much for the explanations about the aging repetition springs. Best regards-
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Sonata "Programs" by Liszt_BG @ Today at 01:50 AM

I leave the programmatic aspect to my subconscious. I find it more intuitive and organic that way.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: wr Out of hearing it a gazillion times, I can remember maybe two that actually seemed to "get" the period and project a real "machine age" esthetic in their performance. Most pianists seem to see it as sort
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: July Concert Program - Performance Thread by hreichgott @ Today at 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Tim AdriansonMy one thought is that you might want to provide a separate thread to discuss potential "themes". That could provide impetus for participants to provide material they especially like and play well. I thi
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesI can console myself with the fact that it's hard to decorate around a divan anyway. Reminds me of some of Oscar Wilde's last words, on his death bed: "This wallpaper is absolutely hideous - one of us has to g
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: teaching in a studio vs independently from home by Candywoman @ Today at 01:31 AM

I highly recommend you not work at the studio. Of course your ego is touched by the kindness of the person asking. Do not fall for this ruse. The only possible benefit to working at a studio would be meeting another colleague who could become a frie
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polish rebuilding at SAP by Del @ Today at 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: bkw58Have you ever found that when, say, a 70 year old S&S grand is rebuilt and the old whippens are retained - they all 'look and feel good' - that, due to a renewed interest and pleasure in playing, the piano is played muc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piano do i have? by Paul S. @ Today at 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: backto_study_pianoI'm have a feeling that Conn had a 552 model - but more likely in the 1960s. I also think Conn organ company (not sure of their formal name) had some links with some piano companies in the 50s and 60s, so whet
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What IS this song? (And yes, I mean "song"!) by Mark_C @ Today at 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: BruceDBut, Marc_C, it's not a direct quote! It's darn close. Quote:....compare.... That makes a big difference. No it doesn't. I honestly sincerely mean that. But I know it's a matter of judgment. I'd grade the similarity a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piano do i have? by backto_study_piano @ Today at 12:40 AM

It definitely is a piano? I'm have a feeling that Conn had a 552 model - but more likely in the 1960s. I also think Conn organ company (not sure of their formal name) had some links with some piano companies in the 50s and 60s, so whether they did &
Piano Forum
I noticed higher-humidity from my swamp-cooler filled in a crack in my guitar. Can a damp-chaser do the same for a piano's cracked sound-board?
Page 12 of 31 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
166 registered (accordeur, airdis, Alex-SapRenovation, 46 invisible), 1872 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75579 Members
42 Forums
156266 Topics
2294895 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sheet Music Retainers
by MargaretUK
07/29/14 05:20 PM
piano contest
by wkurashima
07/29/14 04:47 PM
piano contest Clavinova
by wkurashima
07/29/14 04:39 PM
Proper chunking method
by Edtek
07/29/14 03:10 PM
Lamp for Piano
by DancerJ
07/29/14 03:08 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission