Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
80 registered (AprilE, AndrewGleibman, Amosdoll, anamnesis, AndrewJCW, 21 invisible), 1469 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Acoustic Piano by Fabiogrs93 @ Yesterday at 05:36 AM

Thank you. I will try them again next week and I hope to decide. Anyway I will post my opinion about the pianos. I am also worried about the power of the piano inside my room. It is about 4 x 4 meter and I don t know if I can put a piano higher than
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Acoustic Piano by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 05:27 AM

I have no idea about the price difference, maybe it's just that Yamaha's are renown for being very stable and reliable - which would be another reason for buying second-hand, but you've made it clear that you want a new piano. I hated the Kawai (not
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts CA97 cable illustration by JoBert @ Yesterday at 05:17 AM

Beware: Image is mirrored!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP-2000 - your opinions please? by Nordomus @ Yesterday at 05:12 AM

Cheapest good digitals for learning are only from Yamaha in my opinion. "P" series as stated earlier. Don't buy this old Roland. Not enough keys AND outdated technology.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help me - my grand stinks! by pianobirds @ Yesterday at 04:24 AM

The nature of the odor is musty or the bad smell of old wood...For you it seems ridiculous and for me the smell is unbearable!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann: Romance Op. 28/2 by peterws @ Yesterday at 04:23 AM

You shouldve said down to tempo instead of up. . .its the hardest thing in the world to play slow. Like, your concentration flies out the window. . . My effort was too fast. I also need to cultivate a stupid up in the clouds (away wi the mixer) exp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By PeytonOriginally Posted By CarlosCCOriginally Posted By Peyton32. Carlos- The neat thing about the music you play is that you always make it yours. You know what I mean? Peyton, thank you. I'm not sure if what I think it's what
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
I don't know of any websites dedicated to the history of old piano companies. I found a mention of C. Siewert piano production beginning 1872, but no mention of when the company went out of business. Maybe the Great Depression or the World Wars? If
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Acoustic Piano by Fabiogrs93 @ Yesterday at 03:19 AM

Why do you hate kawai? I have tried it( Kawai k300) and a part for the metallic sound of the bass section ( only of For Forte and Fortissimo) i Like the sound. I Like also Yamaha. Yamaha b3 is very similar to U1 but its price is 4500 euro and Yamaha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is aluminum keybed an innovative idea? by BDB @ Yesterday at 03:09 AM

Hardman grands had cast iron frames for their keybeds.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is aluminum keybed an innovative idea? by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By look_alive Wow. Would love to read or hear more about these pianos! I would think that aluminum would be too sensitive to temperature changes for that use, no? Read on...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By The Monkeys It would be quite a bit of hassle for her to make room for the boys in her only remaining day and also for us to re-arrange everything all over again. In other words, the teacher doesn't want to teach your kids
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok, For Children by Peter071 @ Yesterday at 02:28 AM

Thank you for your answers. I know Les cinq doights.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by Norbert @ Yesterday at 02:12 AM

'Authenticity" IMHO does not automatically equate with "excellence" and even less with "comparative excellence" Excellence of an instrument is not something that needs explaining or justification just like 'love' - it eithe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Acoustic Piano by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 02:09 AM

Fabio, have you played the Kawai? Personally, I hated it. Yamaha's are very different - but of course it's a matter of personal taste. I like the sound to be clean and transparent. Last year my tech softened the hammers just a little in the middle ra
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best "vintages" of Baldwin pianos? by Piano90X @ Yesterday at 01:58 AM

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I actually have no intention whatsoever of buying it, and he doesn't intend to sell it. I was just inquiring out of curiosity.
Jump to new posts Re: New to me" Roland XP-80 by Just Alan @ Yesterday at 01:54 AM

Wow! What a wonderful present. The old Roland XP80 is a lovely synth, and the semi weighted synth action is sweet.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best "vintages" of Baldwin pianos? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 01:51 AM

I like to believe that Baldwin was in its prime in the post-war period, and into the 1960s, perhaps up into the 1970s. After that, they were periodically struck by a variety of problems, mostly financial but that had consequences on product quality a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: And lo, it comes up again... by D. S. F. @ Yesterday at 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottI like repeating it and here's why. For me, the fact that the Grave theme keeps coming back throughout the movement indicates that it's important thematic material. It's right there at the beginning of the development i
Member Recordings
Have you seen the kid who sang the viral "I Play Pokemon Go Evareeday" song? Well he's back with a vengeance making a song ranting about big names like Leafy, Pyro, Keemstar etc. called "Cyberbully Channels are..." You can check o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best "vintages" of Baldwin pianos? by Piano90X @ Yesterday at 01:04 AM

I get what you're saying. Everyone says that pre-1930s Mason & Hamlin pianos are that brands best vintage. I was just curious if the same can be said of Baldwin (which has had a similarly unusual corporate history).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by Piano90X @ Yesterday at 12:47 AM

Thanks, Carl. Please do PM me shops who you trust to do good work on a Mason & Hamlin.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone ever had to back up? by outo @ Yesterday at 12:47 AM

If I wanted to play a piece perfectly every time before moving on, I would probably still be on my first piece ever My cognitive and motoric skills are inconsistent and I had to accept that to get anywhere with the piano. High level of consistency
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough controversy by BruceD @ Yesterday at 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By Miguel ReyMaybe interactive apps would be something interesting. Something in real time that users could follow along with orchestra and learn about what they are hearing. Brief history, instrumentation ,form , scores etc...
Jump to new posts Re: New to me" Roland XP-80 by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 12:35 AM

I gigged the XP-80 for over 10 years. Great keyboard. One of Roland's nicest semi weighted actions. Packed with JV era sounds and room for sr jv expansion cards. I recommend taking a look for some used based on your interests. Popular cards like
Page 12 of 26 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
self study testing - metronome, cheating?
by halford
08/25/16 12:54 AM
Steinway CEO Michael Sweeney Out
by iObsessed
08/24/16 09:38 PM
Is piano popular in Middle east?
by marmagedon
08/24/16 09:16 PM
Seeking piano teacher in Houston, Texas.
by Piano90X
08/24/16 08:26 PM
Does anyone have the Yamaha P-115 ? Please help me !
by Davidkian
08/24/16 06:31 PM
Forum Stats
84,760 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,726 Topics
2,550,120 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission