Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
187 registered (ajames, ando, Almaviva, accordeur, anamnesis, 49 invisible), 1653 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Pandora Selfridge is the reincarnation of Joyce Hatto.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
That is not how the sostenuto pedal works. Some Chickerings did not even have movable tabs, like early Steinways. The only thing they do differently is that the sostenuto bar will not go down until all keys are released. What you probably need to do
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by wjc @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Yes I prefer new.. Maybe The first choice Is a American Steinway D, but other opinions is important.. I like Yamaha, great dynamic range, but i prefer the lush sound, you know more romantic, no too bright..
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: March Piano Bar by Elssa @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By kenjazzElssa - Beautiful playing on Ebb Tide. I don't know if it was your video or my browser (probably the latter), but the video came out as one of those fast-stop-action things that they use for horror movies. It was a cool
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restore or buy new? Disappointing rebuild... by Kins @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Clef - I certainly would love the SK-7... I had the opportunity to play the SK-6 recently and it was quite a piano. It seems like any SK instrument sings the melody without much effort, almost like cheating... I still think the maximum size that I wo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Fake "Pandora Selfridge concert pianist" discovered by Opus_Maximus @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Ok, so, who is she?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Sleipnir @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Howdy, I've asked a bunch of questions about the RD-800 and MP7 in a thread I started about the organ sounds in these to stage pianos, but I have a specific RD-800 question I figured I would ask here. The 4 ASSIGN knobs, based on what I can unders
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By wjcYes the auditorium is around 500 seats, more to a solo recital, an small orchestra, and chamber music. maybe jazz, pop..sometimes You have many, many viable choices. Are there some brands you would be more able to audition?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

Stitched my latest project together end-to-end for the first time today, very slowly! This one seems to be coming together much faster than my previous. (Famous last words.)
Jump to new posts What should you use to lubricate Sticking Sustenuto Tabs? by pianoman9 @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

These are the sustenuto tab or lips in a grand piano. Several are sticking in my Chickering grand, so are not engaged by the sustenuto pedal. Protek CLP? If not, what else would be best?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: March Piano Bar by Peyton @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Elssa- it's neat to watch your rolls mixed in with those octaves. Very smooth. Greener- I love that walking bass! Verqueue... Absolutely beautiful. That's very cool that the composer asked that you record it. (And thank you very much for your commen
Jump to new posts Re: Full Compass iH picture by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By kennyzWhere did you get 88 fingers? 😀....very cool ! I'm sure all this is interesting to some, but my very first impression was in line with Kenny's comment. This guy has 88 fingers! That's the picture I'd like to see.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the music rack on Liszt's Chickering - two high res. photos by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Stunning. Would it be usable to put music on, or more decorative? It doesn't look flat in the photo. And wide music could be a problem if the candles were lit. Or are the candles forward of the main stand so they would shine on the music?
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to identify 41 key piano (Herrburger Brooks) by Steve Senseney @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Thanks for the interesting history!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by wjc @ Yesterday at 07:40 PM

Now exist a Yamaha C6.. but I thing is no enough.. Maybe like second piano
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording your practices by Anita Potter @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

What I did yesterday I'd record but after a bit I'd have some latency issues and the recording would "skip" or it wouldn't record certain spots. I would convert the file to mp3 after normalizing it then delete the audacity files and data f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by wjc @ Yesterday at 07:36 PM

Yes the auditorium is around 500 seats, more to a solo recital, an small orchestra, and chamber music. maybe jazz, pop..sometimes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 07:36 PM

Sometimes (definitely not always) companies will briefly place an instrument in a hall, in order to audition it. With a few choices side-by-side, you could then feel confident you've made the best possible decision for the space. Have you spoken to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there joy in playing only for yourself? by jotur @ Yesterday at 07:33 PM

I played just for myself for 5 or 6 years when I restarted, but I've been playing for assisted living/memory care units 1 to 3 times a week for 5 or 6 years now, and it's great. It's not just the residents who enjoy it, but the staff, too. I think it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano - U1 vs B3 vs.. digital? by Norbert @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

Thanks Chris! Thinking you're always best man to ask these things! Norbert
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 baldwin sd 10 concert grand by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Signatures on a piano can add interest, but rarely if ever add value. I'm guessing Joe Cocker signed a few pianos but I wonder how many Kevin Costner signed? Is there a crazy Costner fan club to advertise to? If the signatures weren't significant
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: I bought new DP last week(Yamaha CP4) and played it. by Lester Burnham @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By peterwsPity . . . . . Pete, perhaps you can create your own YouTube channel, uploading videos that feature the DGX-650 and a view overlooking the Blackpool illuminations? Big ask... the Blackpo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 2 piano pieces by PieterJan86 @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

http://prntscr.com/6ctg6c http://prntscr.com/6cth2p http://prntscr.com/6ctgvp http://prntscr.com/6ctgqz
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restore or buy new? Disappointing rebuild... by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

It's a shame your rebuild was not finished to your liking. The vintage Mason & Hamlin sound is lovely. I don't know if there is something with the aged wood or what. I know I fell in love with my vintage BB which had been rebuilt before I boug
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

There are quite a few choices for an outstanding concert grand, and the opinions you will get here are biased (even if you get an educated opinion). But rather than starting with my opinions... Back to your hall...how many seats? Piano solo or cha
Page 12 of 37 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 36 37 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ervin Nyiregyhai and Gloria Swanson -previously uncirculated
by Michael Sayers
03/05/15 12:00 PM
Organizing and hosting a piano Meetup group, Ottawa, Ontario
by Dennis in Canada
03/05/15 11:24 AM
Tulsa OK VS Boston MA
by Larry Buck
03/05/15 11:06 AM
feeling stupid with chord progs - again
by Maarkr
03/05/15 11:00 AM
Another snow day.
by TwoSnowflakes
03/05/15 09:35 AM
Forum Stats
78,414 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,100 Topics
2,380,050 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission