Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
142 registered (accordeur, Anita Potter, 36251, ando, 39 invisible), 1636 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guide to Teaching by AZNpiano @ Today at 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: keystringAlgebra is something we use in other things: piano is something we do. I don't think it can be compared. I think there are lots of similarities between Algebra and piano. Both rely on a complex system of symbols. B
Piano Forum
Congratulations for your fine decision, this year would certainly be the Merriest Christmas for you and your family. Please post pictures here for our Christmas celebration together
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores? by Le Chiffre @ Today at 02:24 AM

Thank you all for your thoughtful responses. Just to give further shape and form to this discussion, it might be helpful to compare Kassman's Yelp ratings with those of his nearest-by competitor: DC Piano West Berkeley 49 Yelp Reviews Overall Yelp
Pianist Corner
I was too sad over it to reply. R.I.P., Josť.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores? by Norbert @ Today at 02:07 AM

Quote:I don't know if that's true or not, but I don't think it's fair to conclude that without evidence or statement. Tire kickers sometimes become purchasing customers. This is true. In a way every shopper is "kicking some tire" = part of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clarifying arm weight technique by Nahum @ Today at 02:06 AM

Still impossible to play the piano with convenience, if not familiar with the mechanics of piano, mechanics of fingers (hand) and their interaction. Finger presses key, but also key presses on the finger. Pressure of key continuously, it helps to the
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scarlatti Sonata in E Major, K380 by Mark_C @ Today at 02:05 AM

Nice for sitting down and playing it, but needs work. The main thing is rhythmic stuff, which I think you could take care of by listening closely, including maybe listening to the recording, which often reveals these things better than even the mo
Piano Forum
Quote:Thanks for sharing thoughts Not necessary. You already have narrowed down your final choices: both are formidable instruments within their own rights! As Estonia dealer,we're honored to be in the final row with Hamburg Steinway - an honor!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clarifying arm weight technique by pianolearnerstride @ Today at 01:52 AM

Thanks for the replies.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Josť Feghali, winner of the 1985 Van Cliburn by Paul678 @ Today at 01:34 AM

Quite sad. I first saw Jose here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGiR2CA-7x8 In Celebration of the Piano (Steinway). R.I.P.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A 4ths and 5ths sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 01:12 AM

There is a lot of interesting material here, but I will be presenting a class in Denver on a bisecting temperament sequence that I have been using, and the first step I use is to choose the best octave size. (Interval sizes are all set with RBI and c
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by musicpassion @ Today at 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: The MonkeysYou meant your sight reading is still improving even at your current level as time goes on? I thought it would be like your reading skills in a natural language, your reading speed will somehow reach a ceiling somewhe
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guide to Teaching by musicpassion @ Today at 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: TheHappyPianoMuseMost teachers do NOT want to acknowledge two facts. The first is that most students won't be taking lessons for more than three or four years before other activities take precedence in their lives. We don't
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relax Stretch exercises by joyoussong @ Today at 12:54 AM

This is a drummers exercise to prevent tendonitis & carpal tunnel <http://boingboing.net/2009/03/31/carpal-tunnel-syndro.html>
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pearl River vs. Samick by musicpassion @ Today at 12:44 AM

Welcome to the forum! I don't know the specific models you are considering, so this is just general information. Most of the Samick's I've played were larger grands (someone in my region made good money selling them to churches), and I think the ab
Oh, interesting, I wonder if I heard the Barnes rep incorrectly. Does DC itself make the undercover for grands? And, do you know the price of the back cover sold by DC for uprights? Good point regarding internet research. I tend to over-research th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1929 Aeolian upright player - decent quality? by JoeThePro @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

So, not a single key has felt in the balance pin holes. I wonder if they all rotted/fell out, and the tech/owner at the time decided it wasnt worth replacing? There isnt any excessive slop in the keys to speak of (based on my limited experience with
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Never thought it would end up at that instrument ... by Markarian @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Shhh, BDB. Let me cost-justify in peace. ^_^
Jump to new posts Re: Bottom of hammer hitting top of damper on upright by JoeThePro @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Yep, that was it. Thanks again, I really appreciate the quick replies. This is a great forum to be a part of.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: phantomFive So they're listening to the finger noise, not the tone of the piano. For the listener, the noise of knocking finger is an integral part of sound pianist, not of instrument , as well as the resonator amplifies t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The New custom-modded VPC1 by RavenworksDesign! by PianoManChuck @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

My conclusions / final review is here: http://youtu.be/mgihu6P2RDo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Getting better by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Everyone figures out their own path at a piano. Teachers did too. With teaching, you get the benefits of an oral tradition. Teachers can help you avoid blind alleys but also not all teachers agree on all topics. I'm a firm believer that a teacher i
Jump to new posts Re: Bottom of hammer hitting top of damper on upright by JoeThePro @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: rysowersBDB is correct - if the action is NOT pushed ALL the way in, the hammers will travel further than they should and will run into the top of the dampers. It is normal for the hammers to hit the dampers when the actions out
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clarifying arm weight technique by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

Yes, one finger (any finger) can support the weight of the arm. This is more about coordination and finger independence than about strength. I watch 3- and 4-year-olds do this all the time naturally -- one of those little fingers can't press down a p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pearl River vs. Samick by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

According to the Piano Buyer's Guide (the link is usually on the left side of this website), the Samick goes for $4600 new. I couldn't find the Pearl River model you refer to on there though. I have not played Pearl River, but my first grand (it was
Page 12 of 28 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 28 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
is my piano tunable
by d3c0
12/22/14 05:45 PM
SSHD running VST
by daz100
12/22/14 05:01 PM
do you recommend further service?
by ShannonG
12/22/14 04:34 PM
Is this now real enough?
by Philip_Johnston
12/22/14 04:21 PM
Quick question
by Phil Greenough
12/22/14 03:51 PM
Forum Stats
77398 Members
42 Forums
160065 Topics
2350617 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission