Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
166 registered (ajames, A Guy, accordeur, 45 invisible), 1725 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

You look a little close to the keyboard and you're leaning back. I think your position is going to get a bit cramped if you need to lean into the music. I also think that my default playing position has me reaching out a bit for the keyboard; that i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by gooddog @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

I'm no expert but I think you look too slouchy: 1. You are sitting much too close to the piano. 2. You should be sitting on the forward 1/3 of the chair, not all the way back. Push the chair back. 3. You should not be leaning against the back of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Shey @ Yesterday at 04:53 PM

Hi, I have been online for 4 hours trying to find the free 8 lessons for this site. All that comes up is a YouTube ad for his site about the free lessons but with no access to the free lessons. I really have been all over the place looking at many
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Having goals to aim for by Jytte @ Yesterday at 04:53 PM

My main long term goal is to be so decently playing, that I can take some nice tunes, classical as well as pop, that I happen to like and 'make them mine', as in learn them, memorize them, and be able to play them nicely. I'm not shooting for the sta
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by Moonsh1ne @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

Looks good to me. I would wear shoes, otherwise pedal is not easy to control. Regarding posture, it worked for Glenn... My posture in general is also terrible. Years of computer work can't be easily undone.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Roland Sound Canvas by David Farley @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

People here might be interested in this. I presume if you have any MIDI interface that works you can plunk away at all the sounds with a keyboard. (I haven't purchased it.) http://www.roland.com/products/sound_canvas_for_ios/
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by torquenale @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Go for it earlofmar, it's easier than it sounds!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM Show 2015 - Follow Up Reports by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

Quote:One of their consultants was a maker of petri dishes. Kathy said that makes this Bluthner a real part of the "Piano Culture" :-) That hurt. :-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

Arms good, wrists at a good level, feet look solid, shoulders look weak and rounded. Suggest doing a workout to strengthen your upper back, it can take years to fix.
Jump to new posts Re: what is the very best epiano software collection? by pspicer @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

ZZ, there might be nothing here, but Apple just updated (Jan 28th) Logic Pro X with a bunch of sounds - don't know if EPs was part of the update though. Ref here... http://en.audiofanzine.com/general-sequencer/apple/logic-pro-x/news/a.play,n.19809.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reputable piano dealers wanted! by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: AlmavivaHappy Birthday, ClsscLib! Thanks, Almaviva. I'm only three years old as a pianist, but older by my "belly-button-birthday."
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by Skylover @ Yesterday at 04:34 PM

Does anyone have played on the new CA series?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any other albums like these? by Vid @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

Prokofiev - Music for Children Op. 65 Bach - Little Preludes and Fughettas Grieg - Lyric Pieces (like the Mendelssohn SWW some are easier than others)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Critique my posture (updated! pics) by DeadPoets @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

vs vs
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Calling teachers - Critique my posture (pics) by DeadPoets @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

Looking at sheet Looking at hands
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Having goals to aim for by jjo @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

I'm studying jazz, not classical, so that may have an impact. But one of the good things my teacher does is always figures out something to do in a lesson even if I haven't practiced much. With work and travel and all the commitments I have, some w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Critique my posture (updated pics) by DeadPoets @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

vs vs
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM Show 2015 - Follow Up Reports by Piano World @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

NAMM Show 2015 Pictures Continued Frank Baxter (me) with Dr. Indrek Laul, owner of Estonia Pianos Indrek is also a talented concert pianist, a friend, and a gentleman Unusual Mason & Hamlin Grand Piano White outside, black inside, and pretty
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES7 v1.15 software update - now available by Riley67 @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Greetings all....new subscriber and first time poster..!! I am just getting to know my ES7 having purchased it at the end of December. Overall, it is quite an amazing instrument and I am enjoying it immensely. Not a keyboard player by any stretch as
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Having goals to aim for by Moonsh1ne @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Saranoya I did go into lessons with a long-term goal in mind (to play a Chopin Nocturne). But then I reached that goal two years in (much sooner than I had expected), and for a while, I lost my motivation entirely. Ouch, that'
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

I hope you make it torquenale, I would love to see you play Le Petit Negre which after your last recital, partly inspired me to begin to learn it (maybe that was not the wisest move on my part )
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Pleyel damper rail recondition and modification by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

Reviving this old thread for the record. I had the opportunity to recondition and modify the damper rail of an 1847 Pleyel. I replaced the screw type damper wire blocks with cross screws to facilitate removal and service. The old damper wire block
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts The Spiritual Nature of Jazz by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

*NEW* http://youtu.be/KKxzWQ0osR4
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: WhizbangOriginally Posted By: piano_primo_1I have a question to (speculate?) . If I were to submit a piece which was recorded direct cable audio , and also the midi recording which was done concurrently , but played through a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Un Sospiro Fingering by dannylux @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony RomoStill think that 5-1-2-1 may be simplest, but you have to know how to get from the 1 to the 2 smoothly. I like 5-1-3-2, although r.h. on C isn't bad, either. Mel
Page 12 of 35 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 34 35 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Promotional pens?
by RonTuner
01/30/15 10:20 AM
New piano coming today!
by TwoSnowflakes
01/30/15 10:17 AM
Kawai production numbers
by Radio.Octave
01/30/15 09:22 AM
mystery hammer from Steinway model L
by Alan1724
01/30/15 08:32 AM
A Question for Kawai James
by evamar
01/30/15 08:26 AM
Forum Stats
77923 Members
42 Forums
161061 Topics
2365875 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission