Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: moy71that buddha statue isn't scratching the surface i hope That figurine is not a buddha. It's a Ho-Tei. A (mainly) japanese deity that represents contentment and happiness. Classical buddhism has no deities or spirits. S
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Anne'sson @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

As many have commented, Marty was often the first person to welcome s newcomer to the forum. That was true for me. I'll miss his wit and his passion for the piano. I gather from his partner's comments as relayed by Rick that he valued his privacy.
Piano Forum
Here's 84877, (I don't read French either) Looks like the piano was someones Christmas present in 1902
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: bennevis I believe that the chance of someone winning the lottery is smaller than the chance of being struck by lightning. I'm living proof of that!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! by legatoboy @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Initially I liked the P105. Of course the FP80 is a classier piano all around. The P105 responds well for Jazz and Traditional/Classical music for the $. But I found the P105 lacking in louder contexts compared to the P95 which I still own. Also the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Maple Leaf Rag -- need some feedback by Erik BerikHerik @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Thanks a lot! I am working hard on the Black and White rag at the moment, but play The Maple Leaf rag a lot in between..
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by AJF @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Thanks for the info Rich. Marty will be missed here. I loved his sense of humor and wit and wisdom. And he was always one of my favorite sparring partners here over the years. Rest peacefully Marty
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by master88er @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Very sad news indeed. May his memory be a blessing to all who knew him.
Piano Forum
I was able to copy them easily. 1) prtscn 2) use ms-paint Ctrl-V 3) crop and save as
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXRemind me to send a memo to my inner demons to cut the Cr*p Don't waste your time with a memo. Inner demons prefer chocolate.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday Charles Ives!! by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

You may enjoy this class on 5 little-known pieces by the old grand-master). Free fun. http://youtu.be/G3RHUUOvdV0
Jump to new posts Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! by peterws @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

Noticed you have the Leslie 145 amongst your collection. . had one of those myself many years ago. A real growler when you tried to push it beyond its 40watt capacity! BTW how does your FP80 compare to the P 105?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: patHOriginally Posted By: BruceDWhy would we want to bring classical music to young people "on their terms"? If they are encouraged to behave "like in a rock concert" what happens to the silences, the pauses
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Ribs on an OLD board ?? by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Craig HairSo, this is not your project? Well, the first thing that will happen, as soon as the old ribs are removed, is that the board will re-dimension itself; it will shrink perpendicular to the grain, and he will lose purcha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Rerun @ Yesterday at 01:07 PM

In my mind, when Milli Vanilli lip sunk that tune for the grammy, I'd have to say that's getting down into DWI territory, while on the other hand if someone fell off the piano bench, got back up and finished the recording but didn't admit why they ed
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:01 PM

Well, the conservatory has recently dedicated a second building which is brand new that adds tons of rehearsal space, performance space and practice rooms. There IS something to be said for all that, too. They did it amazingly well. Instead of ins
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital to replace a Boston GP with? by 36251 @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

I don't have room for a grand and own/love my N2. Just so you know, even if I moved to a large house, I might buy a grand but I would not sell my N2. It's a great workhorse for practicing and a pleasure that it's always in tune.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The brain has some pretty fixed maps... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

Love it, Bruce! I'm sending it to all my fellow old, decrepit ballerina friends.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Maple Leaf Rag -- need some feedback by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

- very relaxed feel and because it's slower you're swinging it instead. You could play this rag really well but it needs a lot of polishing. I suppose it's possible that you'll acquire the extra needed skill by working on other pieces...it takes a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

Hello All, I just communicated with Marty's friend and partner, Bill. He expressed how much Marty enjoyed being active here. He also appreciates how many people here Marty considered a friend. I have had PMs and posts here asking about an obituary,
Adult Beginners Forum
In a recent solo piano recording, Chick Corea plays some Scriabin, but he alters the score and improvises some on it. So clearly he's combining a deep knowledge of the score with a knowledge of how to improvise over a harmonic structure. I will say
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by panino @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: IMOLI also do not hear the differences Also you have never used the damper pedal I used the damper pedal - thx for this comment! Now I recorded pure sustaining by using the right pedal and was always wondering about the short
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Blurry vision after playing by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

imustlearn, it really sounds to me like you need some piano glasses, and maybe reading glasses in general. And I definitely recommend a visit to an eye doctor rather than trying to pick some out yourself at a drugstore. Also, if you haven't had your
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 12:45 PM

- if I've disrupted the natural flow, feel free to leap-frog my 2 bars and pick from PP's diminished!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts False beating and unison tuning by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 12:41 PM

Beemer's post on false beats just reminded me of an interesting topic that has passed. I recall our outspoken proponent of unison colored tuning hammering on the proper way to restring to avoid falseness. It does seem odd that one would go to such le
Page 12 of 31 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Original method for harmonic hearing development
by Nahum
10/21/14 03:19 AM
First Digital Piano - Advice needed
by chicobalay
10/21/14 02:37 AM
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
10/20/14 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
10/20/14 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
10/20/14 07:58 PM
Who's Online
65 registered (Al LaPorte, barbaram, 36251, 20 invisible), 1081 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158395 Topics
2325958 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission