Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
83 registered (36251, anamnesis, amt7565, Almaviva, 28 invisible), 1736 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano related goals…. by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Further progress? , on the sides of the piano shell. I tried steaming the luan veneer but it was a problem with the double bend and it cracked. And, also from the bubbling inner ply from steaming. So I kerf-ed it , and what a job ……. It bent
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FA vs. INTEGRA 7 by TonyB @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

I did - Integra 7 and a Roger Linn Linnstrument midi controller. Lots of fun. Tony
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Semi-Detached House by Bob @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

I have to commend those that are considerate to neighbors - When one is not, things can go bad. I've seen a piano teacher kicked out of an apartment building for playing with open windows, and one client got sued by the adjoining neighbor for too mu
Adult Beginners Forum
I just listened to Michelangeli played the piece, and he did just that. Too bad most film or video didn't show the player's fingers but the sound confirmed it. Regards, Brian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music theory and piano playing by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

It's easier to interpret a piece if you understand the language.
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones - low volume and distortion by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

It's impossible to guess at the reason for the problem -- need more data. Borrow (or buy with option to return) another pair of headphones (I'd bet on Senn HD280 or Sony MDR7506, or AKG K240 (all old, proven designs) if you can find them), and see i
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer response/String Resonanance on AP450 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

How "string resonance" affects the sound more or less, depending on what you're playing. For some Debussy and Satie, it really makes a difference. The long-sustained notes in the bass get picked up (by resonance effects) in the treble, an
Piano Forum
Sr.Rey, if you have a vintage Bechstein B you're starting out ahead, anyway. what are you in search for ?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Hamburg Steinway by James Guo @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

Thank you for replying! The thing is that in London I wouldn't have as much choice as I have in Germany. I wanted to go the factory and pick one there and then buy it from a German dealer or order it through a American dealer.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: help needed keys by dmd @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

You take a piano lesson on Friday and Saturday each week ?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Hamburg Steinway by Lakeviewsteve @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

I shipped my Bösendorfer 170 from Brussels to Chicago. Bösendorfer shipped a packing crate from Vienna to Brussels. The airfreight around 10 years ago was $ 7,500 including insurance. It was only out of my sight for 2 days. I heard of a horr
Quite a few well-known classical concert pianists own a digital as well as a grand. The digital is for learning the notes and repetitive practicing late at night. It also saves wear & tear on the acoustic.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By huaidongxiunless the piano shopper is able to play the market patiently and probably travel a bit to inspect pianos, $30 k. won't go too far with steinways, for the reason you raise about brand name premium. there are variations
Adult Beginners Forum
You are welcome ! I would think this can indeed be applied for many composers. Of course, it can also depend on the context, but for this piece, I'm totally sure it is correct.
Jump to new posts Re: Any opinions on the GSi Gemini by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Pianos on the GSI Gemini rely on the "Adaptive Sample Player", it is a kind of "ROMpler" that doesn't limit itself to playing back samples in a cold and static manner. The GSP-01 can change its internal structure according to the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Competition by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Spare a thought for anyone playing, say, In the Mists..... BTW, I am pretty sure that 'number' refers to the numbering of the piece, as in Sonata No.3 in B minor, Op.58.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 by lakers4sho @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

How does the Alfred All in One series compare to the Bastien series? I have Alfred tucked away somewhere but my piano (group) class uses Bastien so I'm sort of stuck with Bastien for a while. Alfred has 3 books while Bastien has 2, at first glance.
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you!! It it the general method for playing those out-reached chords? Regards, Brian
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Competition by Vid @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Everything is clear but the third space (Round 1 Solo Piece #1 No.) - maybe that's referring to the order you intend to perform them? Some pieces like Beethoven's sonatas have an Opus number and just a number indicating the order as they may appear
Adult Beginners Forum
Simply play the two lowest LH notes first, then all the other ones, as a slow appoggiatura. My SO plays this piece beautifully and that's how she does it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Hamburg Steinway by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but one wouldn't have to pay US local sales tax if importing form Europe? Just the 4-6%? Also wonder if you can use AMEX and get the preferential exchange rate?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music theory and piano playing by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

From discussion with teacher, and especially when we are looking at new piece..having theory really helps, and would make learning the piece a lot easier. I would say you need theory. There is so much grammer in a score, I struggle to see how you d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Competition by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By I like PianoHello Everyone. I decided to enter a piano competition and the deadline for the application is 9/30. I just did not know how to fill in a few parts. To name the first solo piece, it says to list: Round 1 Solo Piece
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA 67 vs CS 7 vs Yamaha CLP 575 by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Ha...mine was similarly back ordered, shipped from japan..then customs...I wasn't too patient in the last week...😊
Adult Beginners Forum
For a normal human hands, I can’t reach Bb and Eb with LH 1 and 5, nor RH Bb and Eb with 1 and 5 fingers. How do you play the notes? Regards, Brian
Page 12 of 21 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Possible to get lessons only once a month?
by Lekla
09/28/16 10:12 PM
Drilling Tuning Pins on a Kranich and Bach "Violyn Plate"
by Prodigal Son
09/28/16 07:03 PM
Roland FP-30 and headphones - read if you want to buy one !!
by Misiak
09/28/16 06:13 PM
Brodmann PE-187 vs Seiler ED-186 vs Cunningham Parlour
by Pneuma
09/28/16 03:43 PM
Sheet music for 20th Century Songs
by DiarmuidD
09/28/16 01:35 PM
Forum Stats
85,111 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,396 Topics
2,558,884 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission