Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
138 registered (accordeur, AmateurBob, Albunea, anamnesis, 32 invisible), 1413 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
well perfect progressive thirds . how are the 5ths and the 4ths ? do they progress too ?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Pianos by David Farley @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By Scott HamlinOriginally Posted By MacMacMacYou say you're buying a grand piano, too? In that case, the best digital piano is ... that grand piano. Skip the digital. He need to be able to play while his sister is resting. The
Jump to new posts Re: Una corda stop felt by Olek @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

it is not unacorda stop, if this is on the left in the cavity, that piece locare thé action lterally. very important to have the hammers well centered under the choirs, before moving many shanks right the condition of the cloth is checked, and shims
Pianist Corner
This is a familiar argument, whether to be completely loyal to the score or to express the music. How can we tell exactly what the composer was trying to say? How can we not add something of ourselves to the music? There seems to be a trend today am
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By DoelKeesOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTWhat have I missed? First octaves A3A4 and F3F4 need to be tuned with a higher accuracy than just "Tune a pure 4:2" or "Tune a
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Chuck Behm @ Yesterday at 07:42 PM

Well, here we go again. It seems everytime this topic comes up, this is exactly the direction things go. Technicians arguing about their heart-felt beliefs about what the best way to tune a piano is. It's resembles a religious war, in that neither si
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Boogie Woogie video! Estonia Piano at World Expo 2015 by WurliFan @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

MAN, that is all some FINE boogie woogie! Great Playing, guys! Great to see the music still alive.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with a reconditioned Bechstein grand by Sam S @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

I have a 1927 Bechstein that I rebuilt - love it. You've had it a month? It's going to adjust to the environment in your house and there will be subtle changes in how it sounds. You said reconditioned, but not rebuilt. Do you have a list of what wa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Mario2015 @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

Hi Brian, Is it just the lesson books which I would need to update? Because I bought all four books of the core series a long time ago for both level 3a and 3b. Regards Mario
Jump to new posts Re: Una corda stop felt by BDB @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

It is usually thin white action cloth.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca67 vs acoustic piano by upbeat @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By pmhUpbeat, I guess not all digitals are same in respect to pedal responsiveness. Some high end digitals are much better at simulating this. I always worry when a thread goes from the specific to the general i.e. acoustics are muc
Jump to new posts Una corda stop felt by machineintel @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

Can anyone advise on a good type of felt or cloth to use for the una corda stop on the left side of a grand action? I don't think I have ever seen this particular piece being called out by name in literature or distributor catalogues.
Adult Beginners Forum
28 july Today played around in these albums.......Composers A-Z Piano A-Z Editor Margarete Babinksy.......... Babinsky Best regards, Johan B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I apologize in advance.... by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

guess the habanera was a later development...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by Sam4 @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

People sometimes just like to moan about stuff, don't take it personally Joe, everybody has their own interpretation of tunes and their own style, which is what makes playing interesting. I'm having a good time learning about the Disklavier and what
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with a reconditioned Bechstein grand by Robert 45 @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

That is disappointing for you as a well restored 1923 C Bechstein should be a very fine piano. Rebuilt pianos usually have new strings which take a year or so to settle completely and that could be causing the problems you mention with the treble so
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for finding customers? by That Guy @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

I would suggest magnetic signs on your vehicle. A rolling billboard! A website is a must these days. There are places you can set one up for free.
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for finding customers? by That Guy @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

Quote:I had a couple of people not want to let me in their house when they saw my long hair and beard. I just said "no problem it is your house" and I went away. How sad. It was definitely their loss! What year or years was that anyway?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I apologize in advance.... by BDB @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

He wrote three ecossaises.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By wouter79Baldwin buying Grotrian? These pianos are kind of opposite extremes soundwise. Any clue why are they purchasing Grotrian interest? Baldwins were the opposite of Bechstein when they owned that company.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by joe80 @ Yesterday at 06:34 PM

Well, I have a degree from the Royal College of Music, and the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, and I've never written a book, but I've toured Europe as a concert pianist and recorded one album, and although I've never headed a department at a univer
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
One of my favorites from the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Album - Classic! Anything by Dan Fogelberg.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By hreichgott In particular I think it'd be interesting to hear from folks from the Russian/Chinese lineages since the approaches can be very different. I don't know whose school my last teacher (the only one of my four teachers wh
Piano Forum
Absolutely fantastic videos throughout this thread. I love to play this kind of music, so great to see some others playing it so well for a bit of inspiration. I was also surprised at how comfortable the Estonia was with that kind of music. Thanks fo
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Pianos by Scott Hamlin @ Yesterday at 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacYou say you're buying a grand piano, too? In that case, the best digital piano is ... that grand piano. Skip the digital. He need to be able to play while his sister is resting.
Page 12 of 27 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150?
by som
07/29/15 03:47 PM
CA 67 is here but I have a question
by origen
07/29/15 03:31 PM
Looking for easy Chopin pieces that fit my constraints
by Some Pianist
07/29/15 03:17 PM
Schafer & Sons piano identification
by kaliona
07/29/15 02:20 PM
2008 Yamaha C3 from eBay ($15,000) vs C2X ($27,000)
by Forevertwentyone
07/29/15 02:08 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,191 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,835 Topics
2,430,950 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission