Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
121 registered (angga888, AndreiN, Anita Potter, accordeur, amv256, 35 invisible), 1361 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Will Steinway really pay me to downgrade my Bösendorfer? by Thrill Science @ Today at 01:36 PM

I got this offer today: http://steinwaysanfrancisco.com/graduate Quote:For a limited time, you can trade in your acoustic, upright, digital, or grand piano and receive up to 100% of what you paid towards a new Steinway, or Steinway-Designed Boston
Pianist Corner
Co-incidentally, she's just released a 2-CD album of Philip Glass's music (including film music), which has garnered good reviews. Her career is in the ascendant........
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can someone tell me if the piano will fit? by Troy 125 @ Today at 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By mp69I assume you are moving it yourself? Cat mentions calling piano moving companies, so I'm guessing that is the route they are going. I have moved pianos before, but would not attempt to move one downstairs on its side like yo
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Second cover - Mezase (One Piece) by QnT @ Today at 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By MRCI cannot hear any appreciable difference between the four samples. There might be tiny differences in the percussive sounds of the fingers hitting the keys, but nothing of any consequence. Now it would be interesting if someb
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Diane HidyI'm so pleased that my blog post generated so much exciting conversation. I certainly never expected my Lima Bean Souffle analogy to be so so thoroughly scrutinized. Here's another post which some of you might also fi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7-year-old on metronome practice by Vid @ Today at 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuseHuman beings have an internal "metronome" ... the beating of their hearts. It is not difficult to tap out a beat. To force a young student to use this horrid device is almost guaranteed that they
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by JaneW @ Today at 01:09 PM

I recorded some sound samples on my own Roland F-130R is any of you guys are interested in checking out. The sound quality is really good, the only complaint I have is the key noise, I haven't tried that many digital pianos to know if it's a typical
Yeah doing an exact replica would be best imo. Make sure to do all dimensions because the space under the keyboard could give you that little extra space you need to to maneuver around the 'U' turn in the stairs and be very mindful of the front legs
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Nikolas She's paying the price... That's what you get when you do what she did. She should!!
Adult Beginners Forum
They may not be as pretty, but they taste better LOL
Adult Beginners Forum
I have another plant to add as a metaphor to the watermelon. I bought seeds for a white ground cover plant called Alyssum, started them indoors, and eventually planted them so that they would meld into the stone border. The seed company mixed up th
Originally Posted By amv256(This sounds like it might be a common question so I apologize if I missed it elsewhere.) I understand that truly mastering piano tuning (or even achieving reasonable proficiency) takes years at least, and I'm not looking
Jump to new posts Roland F-130R review by JaneW @ Today at 01:02 PM

Hi all, roland F-130R is a digital piano I definitely recommend. The keys are a bit lighter to touch than acoustic pianos, but they are responsive to touch. The only downside is the key noise, which prevents me from practicing late at night. (If any
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Today at 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistI didn't think it would be THAT popular. - maybe I'll go and eat...
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin etude op 25 no 12 "Ocean" by QnT @ Today at 12:52 PM

Was nice overall, but too much pedal, I think.
Thank you again. So it seems I should spend my time looking at upright pianos instead.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by BDB @ Today at 12:47 PM

Cross-stringing puts the bass strings closer to the tenor strings, so there is more acoustic coupling between the two areas. This can make a richer sound when the damper pedal is used, but that also means that it is not as clear. I had not noticed th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by Ronnie J @ Today at 12:43 PM

I just want to start out by saying thank you to everyone who replied! I definitely did not expect this much support! After reading all the post I took sometime to really think about my goals and I've come to the conclusion that classical music is go
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 12:39 PM

I find it interesting that the first airing of this piano will be DB's series of Schubert Sonatas recitals. Alfred Brendel has written that Schubert makes more sense with the Bösendorfer tonal palette, among other observations: Once in a while a pi
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By S.H.LeeDear Hakki: Thanks so much. I list a order listing,can you check it for me? 1.one Zoom Q8 2.two Roder NT5 3.two microphone connect lines(i don't know that kind to buy?) 4.two mic booms Do i miss something? As TBe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by phantomFive @ Today at 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By toyboyOK, would someone with more knowledge of the history of pianos than me (i.e. just about everyone on this forum) help me with this? I've been reading posts saying things like how the antique straight string piano they have p
Adult Beginners Forum
I think at the end of the day it will all work out nice, and probably has. Sometimes it's frustration talking from other parts of our lives. That was certainly true for me. Fwiw, this has been a really great idea, and it's already giving a number
The CLP585 - according to its specs - has a better keyboard too (Natural Wood with escapement and counterweights)
Originally Posted By viettube22 I live in the UK. Do you think £3,000 can buy an old upright piano that is really good and can last many years? Definitely. You can even buy a decent new one for that. Have a look at Pianist magazine, which has r
Page 12 of 39 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 38 39 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha C2 from 2003
by RaindropPrelude
45 minutes 55 seconds ago
"Tone" and "balance"
by qazsedcft
Today at 05:38 PM
Which Beethoven sonata has this rhythm?
by JoelW
Today at 02:56 PM
Shipping a concert grand by air cargo...How do they do that?
by Piano Practice
Today at 02:51 PM
A pianist's 'touch' affects sustained tone - NOT!
by prout
Today at 01:40 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,439 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,384 Topics
2,411,398 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission