Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
79 registered (Baroque Style, Beakybird, agraffe, AlbertoA, 19 invisible), 1602 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By emeneltonIf you look at the third beat of the forth measure of Misty, you'll see a dom. 7th. functioning the same way. So, with Misty in 'C' you mean the Bb7 leading back to the Cma7. Earlier, you say Quote:...it does however,
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tiny hands by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

Insist on using 1-2-3-4-5 for five-finger patterns. Maybe you can spend some time with them writing out all the finger numbers in their pieces. Also, make sure they are reading intervallically. If they are really reading the intervals, then they sho
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by emenelton @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By Mike AThis is a blues ... not in 12-bar form, but a blues just the same. The Eb7 is a straight-up blues chord, IV7, every place it appears in the tune. I noticed you referred to the Eb7 as a IV7. If you had to describe bars 1
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorizers are the best at Ear by Albunea @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

Yes, RaggedKeyPresser, what you've said sounds very advanced for me, but I do understand that the knowledge helps you remember the piece. I've found interesting what you said about scales. I was feeling I should practice them too, but there's only so
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Nord Piano 3 - no 73 key keyboard by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

I'd be seriously tempted by either a 73- or 76-key version.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by Albunea @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

Bésame Mucho did it to the list, Greener. Tell us when you've finished it. I'll be doing some very famous Spanish songs to give ideas. Spanish songs = Songs in Spanish, not just from Spain.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by Albunea @ Yesterday at 01:59 PM

In case someone wants to follow a list, or have a list to pick from: First We Did: Happy Birthday Old MacDonald Love Story Joy to the World Be Like the Blue Bird You’ve Got a Friend Yesterday Imagine Something Talked about and may want to do s
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by emenelton @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

dire, Fair enough. I did change my post to not directly infer things to you but you must have copied it before I changed it. If you look at the third beat of the forth measure of Misty, you'll see a dom. 7th. functioning the same way.
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by Mike A @ Yesterday at 01:55 PM

This is a blues ... not in 12-bar form, but a blues just the same. The Eb7 is a straight-up blues chord, IV7, every place it appears in the tune.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tones visually by ando @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveThat looks really pretty, but I have to say I don't understand what I'm looking at haha Indeed! "Signal" and "Intensity" I can work with, but "Hilbert Transform": what the heck??
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

I'll write some comments on your comments later, but I'd like to thank the organizers of the recital and especially to: Alexander Borro, Montuno, peterws, J Soo, Justin Davis, piano_primo_1, kris shendo, Ralphiano, zrtf90, casinitaly, MarieJ, JoBert,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by Greener @ Yesterday at 01:48 PM

Sorry, I've not done a better job of keeping up in this thread (or many). I have and do continue to work on the odd by ear concept as a result more now though. So, that is a good thing for me. My schedule has been turned upside down and I chase snow
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Tiny hands by clarikeys @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

I have two 8-year old beginners with hands so small that they cannot comfortably play a 5-finger scale using the correct fingers. They are working in Piano Adventures Level 1. Both have a tendency to use creative fingering and resist my corrections.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

Now, time for the the newcomers. Welcome to ABF recitals 15. qazsedcft - Prelude in F This Prelude is beautiful and you played it very well. I'm glad you decide to participate in the Recital. Welcome! 26. Piano2138 - BWV 514 Schaff's mit mir, Gott
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By emenelton Dire, I understand you are reacting to me, but applying your response to the OPs' first post is essentially telling him 'I don't value your question and I don't know the answer'. True, I'm responding to both of you bu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to structure an improvisation? by hyena @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

I understand, still thanks a lot for your time/help! I'll try to find them in the songs I hear!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts My recording of Les Barricades Mystérieuses (Harpsichord) by haydnseek @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

Please leave feedback! Thank you!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tones visually by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

That looks really pretty, but I have to say I don't understand what I'm looking at haha
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by prout @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

Yep. In the sixties, there was a short-lived, futile attempt to record a symphony orchestra in an anechoic chamber. The idea was that recording stereo in a hall, then playing it back in your own 'hall' distorted the sound. By recording totally dry,
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by emenelton @ Yesterday at 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By jjo The Eb7 is easy to play over and sounds like it fits right in. But what is it's function? OPs' original inquiry Once you understand the mechanics, you can identify these things in other songs. Dire, I understand you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: fingering chopin etude op10 no4 by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

I am more than happy to play that 1315 or even 1215, because the etude is not played at a speed where that particular efficiency is important. If you do the fingering 1325 then you will develop better technique, and more fluidity in your fingers.
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 01:26 PM

I pretty much agree with everything you said. In fact, if the "goal" of a DP is the perfectly fully-modeled piano, then the goal for stereo listening would be perfectly modeled, head-positioned-tracked, occlusion-compensated binaural outp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 01:25 PM

24. Pavel.K - Prelude in D flat Major Op.28 No.15 So so nice. I love Chopin and I always admire those who have the guts to play it. It's hard to choose what is my favorite Prelude but this one is, for sure, on the top of the list. I think you know th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Going through Alfred (or any method book) with a Teacher by lakers4sho @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

Thank for the valuable responses. I have only been with this teacher (my first one) for about 3 lessons, and she pointed out that i needed to work on finger independence, so we worked through a couple of exercises last session. The lessons are only
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by prout @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By GombessaOriginally Posted By proutNo, not true universally. It is possible and also done by sampling in stereo as you say. The point is that a modelled DP has to create the stereo effect, whereas a sampled DP 'may' create the ef
Page 14 of 22 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8
by Joe Garfield
Today at 07:17 PM
good source for digital piano ratings?
by childofparadise2002
Today at 05:40 PM
Yamaha P85 Amplifier/PA/Speaker Connection
by 7sax
Today at 05:22 PM
Casio Privia PX-360 - Thoughts/Opinions?
by John from KC
Today at 12:03 PM
Attaching different speakers to the Privia 850
by pianopi
Today at 11:09 AM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,828 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,887 Topics
2,577,476 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission