Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
161 registered (accordeur, ajames, Adam Malone, Alexmos, Almaviva, 36 invisible), 1789 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: They Don't Really Play by jdw @ Yesterday at 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_CPeople putting their drinks on the piano. This is the worst for me too. But I have a dear friend who puts her glass of water on the music desk of her vintage Steinway (with a coaster, but still!). Since she has owned it f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: They Don't Really Play by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

I'm not getting any takers on the painted piano trend. I can appreciate that "mother-in-law's tacky console" really might look better painted to blend with the decor. However, I have seen this done to a Charles Walter piano. **Sigh**
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 05:56 PM

Welcome to the forum Sandeebee, divorce can be so tough but so liberating and life changing in positive ways as well.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Farewell by cefinow @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

Ugh... Farewell thread based on false premise for being offended... Well that's awkward! At any rate, I hope Sandalholme can eventually laugh the whole thing off and continue to post! (Or even continue to post while privately seething? Would that be
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-gluing Ivory Key Top by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

I once tried "Gorilla" glue on an ivory top as a test. The problem was that it did not seem to bond to ivory very well and it lifted off easily. Of course the top needs to be clamped and then excess foam trimmed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning classical piano by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

This forum is one of the best resource you will ever find. If you do not know about it already you can pick up free classical sheet music at imslp.org This spreadsheet may also become very handy in selecting pieces.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Get your tech to double check that all ribbon cables were properly reconnected and re-seated. That sounds like a misconnection problem from re-assembly Jay
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital pieces and repeats …. by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Honestly, my rendition is quite humble. I realized my lack? of skill after listening to many versions on youtube, some by pianists who started playing piano before they were finished with breast weaning…… But I’ll try to make up for that some
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Preferred chords for 12 bar blues, etc. by Nahum @ Yesterday at 05:50 PM

Selecting key of blues associated with the instrument. On guitar easier to play with open strings - blues in E, in A. On the piano is easier to play blue notes , slipping from black keys to white - Blues in C, in F, in G. In these keys play
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 - update (new issue) by Ocram @ Yesterday at 05:46 PM

Hi Jay Well, it seems I spoke to soon... The key is indeed fixed, but unfortunately another (seemingly more serious) problem has arisen. When I press any of the first four tone buttons, the tone button two across also lights and that sound is laye
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts MY New Piano! by Sandeebee @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

I just bought my first piano! I have yet to take delivery as I need to "prep" the area where I am planning on putting it. I'm in the middle of repairing, redecorating/updating and de-cluttering my house and need to get that room painted!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to practise to play relaxed by Sweet06 @ Yesterday at 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By johan dDoes anyone knows of finger/hand exercises to do on a table to improve 4th (and 5ft) finger independence? I don't know whether this will help, but I used to do it regularly during the many yea
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: They Don't Really Play by TimV @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

Drinks on the piano is a pet peeve of mine. I recently had a party slightly larger than my apartment can comfortably hold. I knew drinks would wind up on the piano whether I liked it or not. I just closed the whole thing up including the fallboa
Jump to new posts Re: Preferred chords for 12 bar blues, etc. by Farmerjones @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

I come from a background that's mostly folk, rock, and country string-band, so I'm in G, D, and C a lot. Sometimes E. Sometimes A. What I'm trying to say is get familiar with what the rest mostly play in. If you're not playing with other folks, don't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano (1), Inherited by Brian Kenny @ Yesterday at 05:30 PM

We obtained an appraisal and submitted a paid advertisement to pianoworld for approval. Thanks everyone for your help. Brian Kenny txtmsg 602.697.5754
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by Sandeebee @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

Hello I'm 53 years old, divorced about 6 months ago after being married for almost 29 years (35 years as a couple). The divorce was quite a shock so I'm still recovering. LOL I have no children and used to show and breed dogs. I played the flute a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some kind of a guide into Jazz Piano? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

I'll also experiment with what you said there, Crocus. Thank you. ClarinetOnBroadway, I am very very new to all this, but from reading on the topic and listening to music, I've come to the conclusion that the nicest music on the piano is arranged
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 2015 Seiler ED 186 by Raamo @ Yesterday at 05:26 PM

We're looking at Grand Pianos around the twin cities and have looked at both Boston's and the Seiler ED 186. Seiler is cheaper and I'm told better then Boston. What are peoples experience with the Seiler ED 186? Piano Book has good things to say
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Yesterday at 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By winston9t4Getting back on topic, she also really liked the Estonia 190 at Classic, and of course the Bosendorfer 225. Unfortunately, I missed her playing those as I had to go pick up the kids. Bummer, looks like I missed out on
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buy a new grand piano...showroom or factory? by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 05:23 PM

I think with a showroom piano you know what you are getting, or starting out with; with a new from crate piano it's a bit of an unknown. These are not really computer controlled robotic mass produced items. They are musical instruments with subtletie
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

I'll clarify, I have no problems with Campanella's participation or any other industry person (assuming they're not just spamming like some do around here) - I was just suggesting, for his, and the brands he represents, own sake, to avoid getting int
Piano Teachers Forum
Brian, I think you're right in essence but here it is moot. Piano teaching is not an open to the public, retail establishment. It a form of privately contracted consultancy. If an architect doesn't want to draw commercial buildings, he doesn't acc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Buy a new grand piano...showroom or factory? by marshill88 @ Yesterday at 05:17 PM

I want a new kawai grand, and the dealer is pretty adamant that I buy their showroom one. I have never bought a piano before, but when it comes to other things, I never like getting showroom stuff just because I like the psychology of "brand ne
Jump to new posts Re: Preferred chords for 12 bar blues, etc. by Adam Malone @ Yesterday at 05:02 PM

I think it's really up to your own preference. I tend to like keys that have the root on a white note, and the minor third on a black note (C, F, G) for some reason. I would recommend learning in a "depth-first" sort of a way. Meaning, s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 05:00 PM

Let's be clear: I have some trouble with the brochure speak on which Campanella12 keeps falling back but I welcome his input as much as I welcome Bob Snyder's or Don Manino's contributions when their brands come up. I don't think ANYONE should be m
Page 14 of 31 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 30 31 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Numa Compact keyboard
by Michael H
04/28/15 02:41 PM
Simple Music
by Rogerx
04/28/15 08:24 AM
Jazz and Latin transcriptions
by Adrien
04/28/15 07:53 AM
My CA97 has arrived - issue?
by tabber
04/28/15 07:48 AM
Pearl River upright
by PhilipInChina
04/28/15 06:38 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,075 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,612 Topics
2,400,713 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission