Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
126 registered (Albert Brighten, ajames, alerique, 36251, ADWyatt, 26 invisible), 1593 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai kg-2d what do you think? by Kubla @ Yesterday at 06:33 AM

Why not ask someone at the store to play it for you? That's what I did when trying to decide between two Yamaha U3's. The owner was more than willing to play both for me. Coincidentally, he favored the same one that I did.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sydney Piano Competition videostreamed live soon by fnork @ Yesterday at 06:23 AM

Thanks! That prize was not planned in fact, and the jurors paid it out of their own pocket! It seems that a number of really did appreciate the somewhat less usual programming and the little they got to hear of it, and didn't want me to go home empty
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: A couple of issues re Pianoteq by siros @ Yesterday at 06:19 AM

I think it would be easier to solve the problem if you use the specific terms that are actually shown on the screen. I use Pianoteq daily and am quite familiar with the UI, but I am still not sure which part you were referring to. (Or maybe it's just
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 06:12 AM

A couple of things always intrigued me about pianists, first how they could play with two hands each doing something different and not even watching what they were doing, were they wired differently to me? The second was most of them seemed to sight
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by lophiomys @ Yesterday at 06:08 AM

Hello 9190, You could try to turn OFF "String Resonance". With string resonance on, the E4 comes in as an resonant overtone of A2, only if you silently depress E4 beforehand or lift the dampers with the pedal. Playing the cord normally w
Jump to new posts Public pianos by slipperykeys @ Yesterday at 06:06 AM

Good to see this concept getting support from manufacturers. I suppose it may increase their sales figures so is probably worth the investment. https://www.pianistmagazine.com/news/gen...t-digital-piano
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help from other adult beginners and/or piano teachers by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By keystring I think she is trying to write out swing counting. Jazz musicians write it out "straight" and then they "swing" the notes, but it is written out for non-jazz musicians with the approximate note valu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help from other adult beginners and/or piano teachers by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 05:43 AM

Not only did she mess up the rhythm (it should be dotted eighth + sixteenth), the lower part is also wrong. If Do is C then La should be A not F. F is Fa. I think this teacher has too many red flags.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restoring / Repairing Pianos for a Living by Sam S @ Yesterday at 05:41 AM

Originally Posted By HelloMrZebraSam, where do you live might I ask? Are there alot of Techs in your area? YOu have all the education and you learned to tune. Do you advertise? What do you think you could do better to get more work? About an hour o
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts I need feedback from all the composers here :D by Aly Baracat @ Yesterday at 05:37 AM

Hi all, The idea behind this emotional composition developed when I started thinking about my future and where I see my life in 5 years. I realized that I have literaly no clue. I felt completely lost. The moment I start playing this music piece, I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by barbaram @ Yesterday at 05:26 AM

Back from holidays, and another one to go on the list. This is an arrangement of the very popular "Autumn Leaves", from Faber - Jazz & Blues This is a lovely song and it came together surprisingly quickly for me, which is frankly s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Music Composition Books Suggestion by Aly Baracat @ Yesterday at 05:25 AM

Hi all, I have been composing piano music for three years, however, I haven't done any formal studies. I would really appreciate it if you can suggest any helpful music composition books. Here is one of my original compositions called "lost Ins
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional One Month to Recital thread by barbaram @ Yesterday at 05:19 AM

I have a terrible recording of my piece that I did before I went away on holidays. Hopefully I'll get a much better recording in the next couple of weeks
Jump to new posts Issues in Yamaha Digital Piano (Clavinova) by Aly Baracat @ Yesterday at 05:18 AM

Hi all, I recently bought a yamaha digital piano (yamaha Clavinova - clp 535). Till now, it is working perfectly, however, there is something that I don't understand. Why the volume is very low when I try to plug in headphones in the piano? Do I nee
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Yamaha Clavinova CLP 535 (Digital Piano) by Aly Baracat @ Yesterday at 05:16 AM

Hi all, I recently bought a yamaha digital piano (yamaha clavinova - clp 535). Till now, it is working perfectly, however, there is something that I don't understand. Why the volume is very low when I try to plug in headphones in the piano? Do I nee
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by lophiomys @ Yesterday at 05:12 AM

re Double Headphone outputs on the MP12: I would consider buying the MP12 more as a silent practice tool with better key action for home use, rather than a pure stage piano. Therefore for me, double headphone plugs would make sense. Only if it also
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by barbaram @ Yesterday at 05:05 AM

Please can I be excused for Jul 14-23 inclusive, I was on holidays in France and it was just lovely but no piano around Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: DP with good orchestral sounds? by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 05:00 AM

https://youtu.be/BCDjxLluQeE?t=8m28s I thought this sounded pretty good.
Jump to new posts Re: A couple of issues re Pianoteq by peterws @ Yesterday at 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By peterwsPteq display, RH side has a series if button thingies... These? Originally Posted By peterws...the first of which throws up the keyboard speed. Do you mean the 'ACTION' button? Origi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 04:46 AM

Music has always been in my life, albeit in different forms. My mother told me that when she was pregnant with me, she would lie on the bed and play classical music, so that I would be able to listen to beautiful music. I have loved music my whole li
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 9 foot young Chang concert grand by michaelha @ Yesterday at 04:38 AM

Do it. What could possibly go wrong?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 9 foot young Chang concert grand by joe80 @ Yesterday at 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By nathanthepianist In response to Joe: Originally Posted By joe80You need a teacher who knows about tone production, and knows how to teach you to produce a good sound, note by note, on the piano. Until then, and I don't mean to so
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help from other adult beginners and/or piano teachers by keystring @ Yesterday at 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By YevaKeystring, I'm learning (memorizing) to play some pieces. My goal from these lessons (eventually) is to be able to look at sheet music and play it, obviously not everything. If the music is strangely written, by a teacher wh
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova CVP-705 consideration? by pmh @ Yesterday at 03:52 AM

Hi James, It has been a horribly long winded decision process. The things that swung it for me in the end were the extra arranger functions, voices and styles that make playing more fun. If Kawai sold their arranger piano's here in the UK it would h
Piano Teachers Forum
For teaching I suggest you take one of those hydraulic ones, they are much easier and quicker to adjust than those with a turning knob.
Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20 >
What's Hot!!
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How much can a RPT improve a piano?
by chamberbell
07/27/16 01:12 PM
Gould's Goldberg Variations recordings
by Dave Androos
07/27/16 12:57 PM
Wheel of Fourths - Jazz
by hyena
07/27/16 10:32 AM
Summertime physics puzzler
by Robert Scott
07/27/16 09:46 AM
To share or not to share?
by Dave Androos
07/27/16 07:45 AM
Forum Stats
84,442 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,168 Topics
2,543,440 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission