Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
115 registered (accordeur, agraffe, alerique, 90minIPA, AZ_Astro, 35 invisible), 1560 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Medved1 @ Today at 12:08 AM

This is an inspiring thread - thank you all so much for posting - really has helped me focus on my goal for this year, which is learning music more efficiently, as opposed to my history of "banging my head against the wall" as I spend what
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by Whizbang @ Today at 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By sam abdelI think students need to learn how to be good students As an adult student, lots of stuff to like in that post but I think this is the key bit. Some comments, from my experience, maybe not applicable to you: * It's a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what to play?!?!?! by supersport @ Today at 12:01 AM

This page is kind of wonky for some reason. I don't see another link but would definitely like to have it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what to play?!?!?! by RealPlayer @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Shenandoah is so beautiful. I remember accompanying singers on this piece. In certain arrangements, it was impossible to get through it without tearing up.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing Renner Hammers by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Norbert advice is good here. I would like to add that the technician can also play a very valuable role in educating pianists about what is possible. Depending on the client alone to decide what is possible in tone response for a particular instrumen
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingernail hardeners? by RealPlayer @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

One caveat: You need to have SOME amount of white nail showing to enable you to pluck strings inside the piano, even if it's just a little. You can't cut them all the way back. I made a video for Swiss television a couple of years ago of a piece i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: TuneLabs vs Veritune vs Others? Dell Laptop Specs? by DavidWB @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

If you decide on Verituner, I recommend you get the iOS app to run on one of the Apple iOS devices—iPhone, iPod touch, iPad. If you don't have one of these devices, you can get the latest (6th generation) iPod touch for under $200.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pricing on Yamaha S6 by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

Well I had a chance to play the S6 for all of 10 minutes at Giza; not sure how much I could glean from that, but nothing really jumped out at me. Now after about 30 seconds playing the Bosendorfer, I literally had chills, it sounded that good. I can
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDX1. Aurora Borealis (Faber) (OC) 2. King William's March (Clarke) (OF) 3. Toccata in C (Op. 101, No. 29) (Czerny) (OF) 4. Maple Leaf Rag (Joplin) (AR) 5. Menuet en Rondeau (Rameau) (OF) 6. Climbing Mountains (Faber) (OC) 7.
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

It seems to me BDB cannot accept that wire type differences and scaling using break point information has any basis in science. Well, since there are no absolute, concrete engineering specs for fine tone, we are forced as a profession to develop engi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CA67 vs MP11 - Thoughts? Experiences? by Strat @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Unfortunately, the calculations bring me to slightly over 2900$ and that is without shipping and duty fees. So I'd realistically belooking at 3200$ or more. Over here, it sells for 2655$ taxes included.. As you can see, the difference is staggering.
Jump to new posts Re: A Steinway Pronounced Dead by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

The way the hammers are angled helps produce a center of gravity on the hammer assembly that helps return the hammer from the string, so I would stay with it. I suggest making sure the V-bar is shaped to a true V shape and the contact point for the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coming soon... a new Baldwin 6' 11" by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Hi Rod, My understanding is it will be a new design, not a copy of the SF.
Jump to new posts Re: CA67 vs MP11 - Thoughts? Experiences? by kanadajin @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Hi Strat, I am well aware of the CAD/USD exchange rate issue, but I am wondering about the (non) option you mentioned earlier of purchasing a VPC-1 across the border and bringing it back across through CDN customs. Would this still happen to be less
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing Renner Hammers by Larry Buck @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By RalphOriginally Posted By NorbertOf at least equal importance seems to be the "hearing" and communication of tone between tech and owner. If a tech simply does "what he hears or likes", he may miss the mark al
Jump to new posts Re: Places to haunt for late-model used DP? by Finfan @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

Try Guitar Center's online sales. They have a variety of instruments they get in trade. Your local Craig's List is also a possibility.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: UpstairsDavid New-To-Me Kawai by UpstairsDavid @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. The piano is actually on our ground floor, but I originally took the screen name UpstairsDavid because the Casio, then my only keyboard, is in the upstairs office. Neighbors shouldn't be too bothered - our hous
Jump to new posts Re: TuneLabs vs Veritune vs Others? Dell Laptop Specs? by pinkfloydhomer @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Why use a laptop when you can just use a tablet or a phone you may already have and which is cheaper and lighter anyway? Also, the choice of software is largely a matter of habit and how you like to work. You will get fine results with free TuneLab
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by jotur @ Yesterday at 10:23 PM

Yeah, the tech here is cool I actually knew about the green audio thing, but when I looked at the back of the computer I thought the blue one was green, too (insert roll eyes icon here). But the BLUE one actually has a little input icon next to it,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

In light of what's been written here, I checked the back of my computer to see which audio inputs and outputs I have on my desktop. The usual (green) speaker or headphone output, the pink mic input, an orange subwoofer output, surround speaker output
Jump to new posts Places to haunt for late-model used DP? by Mental Nomad @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Where can one be looking to try to catch someone selling one of the higher-end digital pianos, used? (I'm interested in the US market, but others are welcome to chime in for each other's benefit.)
Jump to new posts Re: TuneLabs vs Veritune vs Others? Dell Laptop Specs? by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

TuneLab doesn't need much resources, so it will indeed work on any computer. I recommend an external mic as it's much easier to position/move as needed. The mic doesn't need to be high quality/expensive though.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by BDB @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

The Robert le diable paraphrase was by Liszt. But my point was that many of the people we consider classical composers now were pop artists, as much as the times would allow, of their time. They only were considered classical artists after time had
Originally Posted By lolatuWhen you hit a golf ball (or a snooker ball, or ping pong ball), the ball flies away at a speed greater than that of the club/cue/bat you hit it with (hence why every shot isn't a push shot in snooker), BECAUSE the cue/club
Jump to new posts Re: A Steinway Pronounced Dead by Ed A. Hall @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

You might consider redesigning the soundboard utilizing Del Fandrich's patented Z-bar soundboard design. https://www.google.com/patents/US5320018...ved=0CDcQ6AEwAA
Page 14 of 29 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 28 29 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland FP-30 or Roland F140R
by Keyes
4 minutes 45 seconds ago
Brass Spring Wire
by RonB3
Today at 06:31 PM
Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude
by Ramzi
Today at 05:25 PM
Exciting discovery - new Mozart/Salieri collaboration
by cathryn999
Today at 05:20 PM
Who sells the best string covers
by shirlkirsten
Today at 04:37 PM
Forum Stats
82,568 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,449 Topics
2,494,774 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission