Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
132 registered (36251, ajames, alerique, accordeur, akosnikowksi, 34 invisible), 1808 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The $10K-$15K Grand Piano Buyer’s Dilemma by JazzyJamMan @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

Malkin, Retsacnal, and Norbert: I was paraphrasing my tech's comments on the Ritmuller. In general, he felt that the known build quality of even a used Yamaha C was perhaps a better bet than a piano that's ultimately made by Pearl River. All that a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best "vintages" of Baldwin pianos? by Karl Watson @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Dear Ret: Of course, YOUR Baldwin, having been built in the year of my birth, is really what I would consider an ideal vintage. I especially like the larger Post-War Grands. In fact, I can't recall ever having played a truly poor Baldwin grand from
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: OT ... an ethical discussion (related to the arts) by Marcos Daniel @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

I don't know your work, but there is a part of this topic that authors and author associations / publishers don't want to see: if there weren't illegal copies of certain works, nobody would know them. No one will go to the cinema to watch some films,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha CF6-help please!! by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By benaliHi Nathan, I have played on a variety. I had a 1908 Bechstein B until recently, and a series of uprights. I played Rach 3 on a Steinway where the touch was definately heavier. I honestly dont think its to do with a heavy ac
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: a petition re. the Lipatti house by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By CareyThank you for bringing this to our attention Michael !!!!!!! It was my pleasure Phil! This reminds me that there is a particular recording of Clair de Lune I am overdue to tweet out - assuredly it will happen thi
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha CF6-help please!! by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

I watched the video. I agree yours is not a heavy action and should function like that cfx. I believe the touch is inconsistent for reasons that I cannot deduce from just reading your posts. It could be regulation, excess friction on some parts, per
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help Me Name Our Store by wolfgangmeister @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

I think I like "EverythingForTheMusician" best of the options that Frank presented. Although "EverythingForMusicMakers" is quite an excellent alternative if available! P.S. Frank is pretty sneaky... looks like he is trying vario
Adult Beginners Forum
Today I played a little gavotte by James Hook :
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by The Monkeys @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By dogpersonSince you have described your sons as non-practicing, this does not seem a teacher/student match I said they almost never practiced scales, and dislike most of the technical exercises. They do practice/play music, 7 d
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by The Monkeys @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By childofparadise2002My point is that as long as you don't feel that you or your kids did anything wrong, don't think too deeply about why the current teacher recommends someone else. You can never know for sure and the important
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca67 sound by Helios @ Yesterday at 01:15 PM

I also have ca67. And think bass is too strong. But only d3 note.
If the piano has agraffes, it is almost impossible to remove and reuse an old string.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: a petition re. the Lipatti house by Carey @ Yesterday at 01:13 PM

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Michael !!!!!!!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By The MonkeysOriginally Posted By AZNpiano In other words, the teacher doesn't want to teach your kids anymore. I don't have a habit of guessing other people's motivation. For example, I have no interest to know why you would
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-5-1 Chord Progression ??? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By musicmadWhat I'm saying is in the key of C the 1st 2-5-1 chords would be Dm7 G7 Cmaj7, correct, Now proceeding a 4th up and 5th down in a 2-5-1 progression, what would the other chord names be? This sound likes practicing 2-5-
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by barbaram @ Yesterday at 01:05 PM

Another batch of comments, I'm going at it a bit randomly but I do hope to get to everyone over the next little while. 19. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Sonatina in G major - 3 movements All three movements, phew! First movement – very pretty, flows al
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by The Monkeys @ Yesterday at 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpiano In other words, the teacher doesn't want to teach your kids anymore. I don't have a habit of guessing other people's motivation. For example, I have no interest to know why you would think this way. There are often
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniOriginally Posted By Piano98 With so much modern technology available to us such that we can effectively do anything to modernize an old piano, why do people only ever restore Steinways (et al)? Because it is in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by KayRock @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

I have been lurking for about 5 years, voyeuristically enjoying the fruits of all of your labors. Thank you! It was the recent reintroduction of a discussion on the controversial repeat in the Pathetique that finally forced me to post! I started pla
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stephanie Trick--A great young stride player by jjo @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

rintincop: I agree. The playing is pleasant and impressive, but no real sense of swing or "greasiness" like you have in the great stride masters.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fastest way to virtuosity by Keith D Kerman @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By Keith D KermanIs there any other approach that can generate this level of virtuosity in only 6 lessons? https://www.facebook.com/pianocraft/videos/1240346679351551/ 6 - is the magic number? In the ca
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Chopstick Piano by David Farley @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

Saw this on Digg. Pretty cool sound. I see a tuning hammer there.
Jump to new posts Re: Any opinions on the GSi Gemini by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

MIDI is rather standard, then you can use any keyboard. But the Gemini controller seems to be made for the wheeltone organ and includes drawbars to mix different tones (I suppose). The (acoustic) piano is not in the instrument list, but may be acces
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-5-1 Chord Progression ??? by jjo @ Yesterday at 12:46 PM

With respect, what you're trying to do doesn't exist. The 2-5-1 is a progression that ends on a 1 chord, and there is only a single 1 chord in C; C major. There is, therefore, only a single 2-5-1 "in C major." Now, you can be playing a p
Jump to new posts Re: How to convert a VST Standalone into a plugin by Shreyansh Agarwal @ Yesterday at 12:45 PM

Thanks Everyone!!! Problem solved...
Page 14 of 27 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 26 27 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland LX 17 / KAWAI CS 11, some questions
by AlexEbel
Today at 01:41 PM
Hallet Davis baby grand with sticking keys
by David68
Today at 12:50 PM
Difference between Kawai pianos
by dreja
Today at 09:53 AM
Under €1000 stage piano (used)
by Bachus
Today at 08:37 AM
Flood damaged piano
by David Jenson
Today at 07:50 AM
Forum Stats
84,767 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,738 Topics
2,550,284 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission