Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
123 registered (accordeur, A Guy, Auver, 36251, 38 invisible), 1559 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
And I thank the PW techs, Phillips and Foote for well advising on the problem. Like I said, we pianists need to take piano technology courses to familiarize ourselves with the workings of our instruments. Sadly, fine pianos in small communities are o
Learning experience did not fail. The technician FAILED and profusely apologized. I think you're way off base. The piano is now to undergo its scheduled voicing, regulation phase without having extreme issues as occurred with faulty action securing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Anyone use a seat cushion? by DeadPoets @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Any recommendations for a good seat cushion (ergonomic I guess)? The chair I sit in is solid as I rock and I tend to get back pain after awhile.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a Beethoven sonata by symphonicdance @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Stephen Kovacevich Master Class on Waldstein (together with PS No 31) is good. It is Xmas Sale time, and you may find discount when purchasing this DVD. I largely followed his suggestions on PS No 31 when doing my FT. Very practical. Prokofiev P
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano Actions MP11,RD-800,CP4 by Enthusiast @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: oliver123456Dear fellow pianists,Thank you all for the information and advice you have offered.It is as i expected,it is a purely subjective thing.One mans medicine is anothers poison.I will have to take 100 mile return bus trip
Jump to new posts Re: Experienced pianist: digital piano to "replace" grand by Enthusiast @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: anotherscottOriginally Posted By: integrisI can't believe that even in 2015, digital piano actions are still way too light for any serious preparation for acoustic piano play. OTOH, many digital actions feel heavier than my Yam
Piano Forum
We have 2 cats and 2 dogs. The dogs do indeed get along better with the cats than the two cats do amongst themselves although the cats have, after a few years, reached a reasonable detente. I like the cats; the two we have are numbers 4 and 5 for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do we play? by newbert @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryShoneThat's it. Personal private world. Solace. Escape. And a love of the sound a piano makes. THIS! I play for relaxation. (Even though some frustration is involved in the learning process, my goals are not to pass som
Jump to new posts Re: The New custom-modded VPC1 by RavenworksDesign! by littlebirdblue @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

I managed to find pricing on the site. I didn't realize there was a link that took me to more info. For me, at that price point (almost $5K for the controller alone), I'd rather patiently wait for Roland to release a new version of V-Piano.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Lester Betsy Ross Spinet- worth? by cobalt60 @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

Hi everyone! I have been lurking here for a few weeks for information. I bought a Hailun 151 today over a Yamaha/Kawai ( yes $$ was a factor). My question is regarding the Lester serial #317397 which based on my lurking, was made in 1960. It has se
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Hi everybody, here you have some of my last composition by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

A wonderful treat! It is so refreshing to hear a composer play his own work ... not just a computerized score read-out. It's also good to know there are composers who actually PLAY their instrument. Electronic keyboards have given birth to so m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AB needs to accompany a young Suzuki violin student by littlebirdblue @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Since so many people were both helpful and encouraging, I thought I'd come back and update on the progress or the lack there of. Playing with a temperamental 4 year old violinist who wants to be in charge was a challenging task. Still, we did survi
Piano Forum
I have had many pianos moved and I have not enjoyed watching the process at all. However, they never damaged or scratched any of my instruments. It sounds like they did their job correctly in your case. Don't worry; be happy!
Jump to new posts Re: Which Treble Mute works the Best? by beethoven986 @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris LeslieBeethoven, your mutes looks like it has the same end as the treble stick mute. If so, don't you find that the leather covering wears out after a few tunings, especially if you insert it inside unisons? I'd say they
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales are a struggle by dmd @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryShoneF is particularly tricky, the tuck from finger 3 to 1 on F# is a stretch! Well, if you are doing that ... No wonder it is difficult. For the F scale the fingering is 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4
Adult Beginners Forum
OK. All ready. Almost that is. Plus I feel a sneeze coming on so decided to record tonight. Here is ... Grown up Christmas List
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do we play? by Gemgem @ Yesterday at 07:39 PM

Hi everyone, just joined, new to all this so bear with me please. I am in my 50's, started piano exactly a year ago. I was experiencing health issues and playing has brought me joy. While it was frustrating trying to master different pieces, everytim
Jump to new posts How deep into the tuning hammer should pin go? by JoeThePro @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

I just bought an inexpensive tuning hammer, and my upright pins will insert to about 9/16" deep into the socket. Is this an adequate coverage, or is the socket too small?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas Carol Medley 2 by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:36 PM

Terrific arrangements even more terrifically played!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales are a struggle by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryShone CM is the easiest one. I can get that down easy compared to D or B! Chopin taught his students scales starting from B and saved C as one of the last scales. B fits under the right hand REALLY well. Your long finger
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Merry Christmas by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Awesome arrangement there!
Jump to new posts Re: The friction, blubbering, and lost motion are eradicated! by Silverwood Pianos @ Yesterday at 07:22 PM

Operating the mechanics in this instrument for 25 years without a proper and comprehensive preventative maintenance schedule and this is all over. Wishful thinking. It seems apparent the learning experience failed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales are a struggle by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

But CM isnt a hard scale, its the simplest because you just play all white keys! When i was a kid i always played tunes in C. Lazy habit.
It was all about tightening the stack screws.. that was it, in total, so again I thank Sally Phillips and Mr. Foote for their input. My tech let me film the repair. Thank God I have my piano back. What a learning experience! http://youtu.be/2uOQuwY-Y
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Harry Truman on Piano Shopping by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

With inflation, $125 in 1913 was $2,981 in today's dollars.
Page 14 of 31 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need help picking a Beethoven Piano Sonata Slow movement
by oaklandraiders76
Today at 04:50 PM
What are some great ways to learn the blues?
by brucepiano
Today at 04:37 PM
Do you recommend a back cover on upright with Dampp-Chaser?
by thestar
Today at 03:56 PM
kawai model SA-8E upright
by EthanHawaii
Today at 02:28 PM
Piano Felt
by Modern Conner
Today at 01:37 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160021 Topics
2349944 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission