Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
120 registered (Alexander Borro, Anne'sson, 38 invisible), 1308 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakes[...] If not, I'll just prepare for each lesson by leaving a stiff drink for the teacher on the piano for when she arrives. No! No! No! Please! Everything else, OK, but please, no drinks on the piano! What a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What These Markings Indicate? by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

In older music you can find da capo al fine or al fin. I don't know why but in my old Italian books I found both. The notation on the op screen doesn't look right to me. There is no double point for the repetition and the double "s" doesn't
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Waterproof piano update by Chuck Behm @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

The downside is that as a chapter group, we logged 2 sessions where everyone (about 10 members) was working for 2 hours. Add to that the time I spent by myself, and the afternoon that a good friend of mine and his wife came up to put the finishing
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 01:30 PM

I jumped from the GHS to a casio tri-sensor and it was very worthwhile. Heavier, yes, but that just demands some practice for adjustment. Better responsiveness makes for better trills, one of the first things I noticed. That said, I had the same p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video on the Value of Slow Practice by tangleweeds @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

If I don't clean things up with a metronome, there's still a phase in my learning process where I'm slower on hard parts than on the easy ones. That ain't rubato, that's just a mess. I do prefer a metronome that indicates the first beat, and find i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- Call For Submissions by peterws @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Heh! Just got the darned thing in. The rest`ll follow. Eventually . . . .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What exactly is unique about an Acrosonic? by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Acrosonics used two different drop actions, and then they started making some consoles. I have also seen one old piano labeled Acrosonic which was a Hamilton on the inside and a fancy case on the outside, before Baldwin made Hamiltons with fancy case
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another video of a Chopin-period Pleyel by acortot @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Hi, Thanks for the nice comments! Maybe it's the pianist or maybe the hammers have slightly been worn-in The piano is my propriety, although I may put it on sale if I find someone who can take care of it and showcase it better than I am able to at
Jump to new posts Re: Waterproof piano update by rocket88 @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Chuck, if your innovative work raises the bar for street pianos, that would be a wonderful thing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it always the same? by Carbonblob @ Yesterday at 01:26 PM

Plowboy +1 When a member cuts a check for "the one they liked best", that's cause enough for celebration and a pat on the back. So congrats gokelly........lets see some pix! blob
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards by peterws @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

An interesting aside. The GHS is the successor to a previous Yamaha action, AE or "Action Effect" (other definitions have been mentioned) which was deliberately light for younger fingers whilst having the general feel of a piano set up; th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What These Markings Indicate? by Purkoy @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

I wonder if this is from someone who's been using one of those music notation programs for the computer. It looks like the instructions overlaid on the sheet (the S sign and the FIN) aren't quite complete. These instructions are customarily in Italia
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What These Markings Indicate? by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

oh, those italians and their prestissimo segnos...
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Windows 10 by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

I'm waiting for the Baidu edition. kidding, made the jump to the free and ad-free Linux many, many years ago...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- Call For Submissions by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 01:15 PM

Monika I didn't imply playing along with metronome. Instead I was wondering if metronome speed is your yardstick for quality
Adult Beginners Forum
Noonie Dru is right, go real slow. The hand coordination will come. I had a hard time with Beautiful Brown Eyes and finally got it together. Now struggling with Little Brown Jug. I found the video on slow practice really helped me to understand.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- Call For Submissions by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 01:13 PM

> 9. peterws - hjkl () You lost the composer and title of your piece? Or is it too explosive to release yet?
Jump to new posts Re: Spacestation v3 keyboard amp for AP sounds by Dave Ferris @ Yesterday at 01:13 PM

If there is anyone in the LA/So Cal area looking on and interested - I have my SpaceStation v3 for sale. $650 cash with cover. Sorry but local pickup only. I am willing to meet part of the way if someone is coming from up North or San Diego area.
Adult Beginners Forum
Noonie Dru is right, go real slow. The hand coordination will come. I had a hard time with Beautiful Brown Eyes and finally got it together. Now struggling with Little Brown Jug.
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Windows 10 by bill5 @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddI use OSX or Windows 7 at the moment. But now that they've decided to stop monetizing the OS I'll give 10 a try. Why not.Because Win 7 is an excellent and proven OS while Win 10 isn't. And MS is notoriously erratic w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- Call For Submissions by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 01:03 PM

Oh, I don't try to play the whole piece to the metronome, wouter. Einaudi uses too much rubato for that to work. But I had thought I was playing at the proper tempo, when obviously I wasn't. I'll play along with the metronome enough times to inter
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- Call For Submissions by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

Monika, IMHO checking the metronome speed is not the way to check if your piece is ok. But yes if you feel it's a drag then maybe it needs more practice
Jump to new posts Re: Waterproof piano update by Chuck Behm @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

The idea for the modifications which were made to this piano was to insure that all 88 notes would work come rain or shine. No cover needs to be provided - it can and will sit through cloudbursts and whatever else Mother Nature can throw at it. Also
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Staff accompanist by bellamusica @ Yesterday at 12:41 PM

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted anything but I do lurk here a few times a week! I'm checking in to get some opinions from you guys, especially those who have experience in the accompanying field. I may possibly be getting a position
Jump to new posts Re: Waterproof piano update by rocket88 @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

A perfect solution to unwanted pianos. Several years ago Ybor City (near Tampa, Florida) had street pianos. I played them all, but only a few were anywhere near playable, and some just about could not be played (numerous dead keys, horribly out of
Page 14 of 25 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Buying a piano "out of town"
by nancyde
1 minute 25 seconds ago
At long last! My new grand piano...
by williambonard
57 minutes 1 second ago
Baldwin Piano
by gracegren
58 minutes 32 seconds ago
Please identify this music!
by WildHorseMan
Today at 02:08 PM
August Piano Bar
by Inlanding
Today at 12:22 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,214 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,914 Topics
2,431,935 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission