Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
124 registered (bennevis, accordeur, AZ_Astro, 44 invisible), 1815 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Random Piano Thoughts by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

Please stay cat, oh! If I play more legato? (Shakespeare was baptised 26 April 1564. And no, he didn't write the above. And yes,he would have used an "s" instead of a "z" in baptised.)
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: jazz chord voicings by jjo @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

I second KlinkKlonk. I'll include the root in my voicings in the right hand. In fact, sometimes I think we overdue the rootless chord thing. I've been looking at a Horace Silver transcription recently and he plays plenty of roots in the left han
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Was Rachmaninoff a spy? by sfhombre @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

Whew! Don't know if English is your primary language, but I suspect whatever language is your first, it does have punctuation available. You might try it: it helps readers. Thanks
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Home Concert XTreme: How do I split MIDI tracks? by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

I'm pretty sure the free MuseScore can be used to split a MIDI file up in two tracks, and export it to a new MIDI. Anvil Studio might be able to do it. The core application of Anvil is free, but you have to pay for add-ons, and I don't know if you ne
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Settling in your new piano by Twindad @ Yesterday at 01:48 PM

I'd also suggest taking any seasonal weather issues into account. For example, here in California, we've been transitioning from a higher humidity wet winter into a drier summer period. Until I had a Dampp Chaser installed, the seasonal humidity sh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kenya burns stockpile of ivory by accordeur @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

Good idea. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36176756
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Settling in your new piano by DiarmuidD @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

Yes I'm basically giving mine about a month or until I can hear it going out of tune enough to bother me.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Settling in your new piano by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

We give a standard reminder for all pianos to be tuned about a month after delivery because it is simple. For a new piano, I advise waiting 5-6 weeks, allowing the piano to drift with play. We come sooner if there is a nuisance issue that takes a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Settling in your new piano by twocats @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Give it 2 weeks to let the piano adjust to your home. And enjoy
Jump to new posts Re: Quick FP-30 review by rychubil @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

Saying "better sound" I meant on built in speakers only. I checked in music store both Rolands - side by side. On headphones this same for me.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Was Rachmaninoff a spy? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

I think Rachaminoff music probably concealment for real truth about spy activities he was hired probably by German government to spy on America intelligence during WWII from various sources I have information such as & Wikipedia you can decipher
Jump to new posts Still working on those Ii-V-I combinations! by Vanacari @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

OK, I've been working on two sets of II-V-I combinations for a month or so. I'm getting pretty good at going around the circle of 5ths and Also inserting some of these progressions into tunes. My concern is that, while I'm pretty good with the theo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Settling in your new piano by Beemer @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

I have just taken delivery of a new Bluethner Model A upright. It was tuned to my liking before delivery and has been very acceptable for the three hours I have been playing. As part of the deal and when I ask, it will be tuned again by the same pe
Jump to new posts Re: Quick FP-30 review by Edb123 @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

I tried the FP30 and the sounds are the same as my F20 - 6 piano 7 electric piano and 22 other giving a total of 35 sounds Did not sound any different or better - FP30 is simply an F20 made of plastic with the pha4 keys I jus prefer the wood - wha
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: knucklehead? by Dale Erwin @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

The knuckles can be removed and new ones installed
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Turns by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By Eric399Gertrude's Dream Waltz??? What? Gertrude's Dream Waltz Attributed to Beethoven. Regards,
Jump to new posts Re: Comparing Kawai CA63 to new sub $1600 pianos by jamf @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

Thanks for the input! So much good info on this forum. Just to make things interesting, there’s a CN34 within a few hundred miles for $1200. I gather that the basic differences between the CA63 (RM3 Grand) and CN34 (RH2) actions are wood vs plast
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage uprights really not worth rebuilding? by Dale Erwin @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

Value is in the eye of the beholder. There is always room for a new product and that may be a very expensive Victorian upright rebuilt from the ground up. They are not going to make anymore of these and most of the decent ones have died on the east c
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By CareyYes - the action is wood (non-WNG) with Renner Blues. Thanks for listening !!!!! I guessed as much. That configuration has much more of that classic M&H sound than the newer models, IMO.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching scales, what method... by keystring @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By Piano d'AmoreIt seems to me that this order is sequential in order of difficulty, and is, consequently, easier to learn. I'll admit that I asked the question in order to begin an exploration of ideas, depending on your thinking.
Jump to new posts Dave Frank/Pat Martino Master Class in Philly 5/22 by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

You are chord-ially invited to join us at Cunningham Piano (thanks Rich Gallasini) in the Philly area on Sunday May 22nd, for a live taping of a master class with guitar legend Pat Martino) We will discuss Pat's career, musical philosophies, and Pat
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts The Piano Music of Charles Ives - Master Class by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 12:33 PM

Spend an hour with America's Greatest Composer! Little known pieces written by Ives are played and discussed, FUN! https://youtu.be/otGAvFUYDMk
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing Genuine Ivory Keytops by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

I remove glue residue with water, original waffers come out easily with hot water, leaving a nice and clean wood surface on the key. I clean also the ivory with hot water. I then use a new waffer and a hot brass plate pressed with spring clamps. I
Jump to new posts Re: Good PA System for jazz piano combo gigs by Tom Fort @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

What I've read indicates a good set of PA speakers or the Spacestation are the preferred keyboard amplification options. There's 155 pages of comments on the Spacestation on this thread: http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads...oar#Post2602284 M
Adult Beginners Forum
I kept plugging on the Overture Theme, I got it up to a pretty good speed now although I notice I have a tendency to let my mind wander when I'm playing this one and that does not result in accuracy ha ha. Hopefully we'll move on to the next Alfred's
Page 14 of 24 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails?
by Gadzar
6 minutes 39 seconds ago
Adding Muffler Rail to Upright Piano
by johnbarnesiii
Today at 01:58 PM
Printed piano music
by Isabelle1949
Today at 01:53 PM
Tuning high-layer pinboards?
by Beemer
Today at 01:46 PM
THERE WASN”T A 30 DAY recital WARNING BELL!!!!
by piano_primo_1
Today at 01:02 PM
Forum Stats
83,475 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,341 Topics
2,520,327 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission