Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
76 registered (anamnesis, 36251, beeboss, AndrewJCW, 26 invisible), 1190 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevisYou couldn't have told it was him playing here, because Bach's concertos just doesn't allow for that kind of individuality. Not contrary to what you are saying but that's kind of what I like about these concertos. They
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Careful with kitchen slicers! by TwoSnowflakes @ 06/24/16 05:03 PM

I was not as vigilant as I should have been, no doubt. I was trying to finish dinner quickly while the family was clamoring and that's when it happened. Lesson (painfully) learned. I am tempted to solve the problem by never preparing foods that ne
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by cathryn999 @ 06/24/16 04:57 PM

Hello Cheryl, Possibly a dumb question but will I need to bring a coat, or would a normal (suit-type) jacket do (for cool evenings)? Luggage is limited and I'm trying to figure out what to ditch! thanks in advance.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from 2014 K-6 to Baby Grand? by gnuboi @ 06/24/16 04:52 PM

That is an excellent price. A new one is over twice as much.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: June Piano Bar by cathryn999 @ 06/24/16 04:46 PM

@Jen - silly me! Let's try this one! Clementi Opus 36 No 6
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from 2014 K-6 to Baby Grand? by pianomise @ 06/24/16 04:36 PM

I see a Kawai RX-2 for $8500 from a local private party ad online. Made 1999, two owners Seems to have been well maintained. Is that price reasonable for an RX-2 in absolute, tip-top shape?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by coaster @ 06/24/16 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By justarobertTo all of those who have regrets from how they played, the Submediant's "Pianist Misses Notes In Recital, Says Pianist" is highly relevant. Personally, I really enjoyed both coaster's and fuzzy8balls's semif
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Concerto for piano and strings orchestra by bennevis @ 06/24/16 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogIf the recordings or performances you have heard lack interpretative diversity, then, IMO, it is probably due to the weakness of the artists or the quality of the recordings. The subtlety and passion found in the Bach conc
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Avantgrand N2 - 6 months on by enzo.sandrolini @ 06/24/16 04:27 PM

Hello Chris I will try to answer your questions: I have first tried with a iMac (Mid 2010 version, therefore an icore I3, 3Ghz..or something similar) with 4 Gb RAM I got some sound trouble, glitches etc... I have given this imac to a friend and bough
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by Peter071 @ 06/24/16 04:06 PM

To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red text included. Please make sure to use the most recent version when you add your own! Bortkiewicz - Prelude op.33 no.1
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Playing from memory observation by dmd @ 06/24/16 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By NahumMaybe you are playing the other voices of chords too loud, and the melody cannot be heard ? No, that is not the issue. I think the issue is that when I play a chord using an open voicing, I do not "See" the chor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by justarobert @ 06/24/16 03:46 PM

To all of those who have regrets from how they played, the Submediant's "Pianist Misses Notes In Recital, Says Pianist" is highly relevant. Personally, I really enjoyed both coaster's and fuzzy8balls's semifinal rounds.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by coaster @ 06/24/16 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By Carey And your interpretation of the Brahms Opus 118 No. 2 was one of the loveliest I've ever heard. Aw, thanks!!!!
Jump to new posts Re: Avantgrand N2 - 6 months on by Chris Warren @ 06/24/16 03:43 PM

Hi Enzo I'd be really interested to learn more about your set-up. I presume you use.a midi to USB cable into a laptop (what spec?), and then how do you connect to the N2 line-in? Do you use a DAC or equivalent? Presumably using Ivory/Galaxy, you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Carey @ 06/24/16 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By coasterOriginally Posted By Isabelle1949 You did an awesome job, really enjoyed your performances. Thank you, so much, Isabelle!! And your interpretation of the Brahms Opus 118 No. 2 was one of the loveliest I've ever h
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by ElmerJFudd @ 06/24/16 03:32 PM

The SL88 Grand uses Fatar's TP-40W action. It is a compromise action for portability, shorter keys with the mechanics underneath the keys, It is quite light feeling, ok for playing many different keyboard parts like organ, synth sounds, elect
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by coaster @ 06/24/16 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949 You did an awesome job, really enjoyed your performances. Thank you, so much, Isabelle!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trills - Tone or Semitone? by fatar760 @ 06/24/16 03:09 PM

Those were my instincts, thank you to those who helped clarify!
Adult Beginners Forum
24 June 2016 Today working at Händel Suites.... Suites I can handle it...... Best regards, Johan B
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone own the Roland HP603? by strawberry fields @ 06/24/16 03:05 PM

I have played the 603. I bought the LX17 but the 603 shares the same keyboard and sound engine. I would recommend it over the competition because of the modeled sound which I believe to be superior in responsiveness and dynamics to sampled sound (inc
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
One of the most experienced in the field. Joe Garrett, RPT (503) 357-4713 http://gpianoworks.com/about_me
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from 2014 K-6 to Baby Grand? by maurus @ 06/24/16 02:55 PM

A good RX2 or RX3 is a step up (if in very good shape). The RX3 pianos (I played several before getting my grand) are nice instruments, in particular. An RX1, not so much. And the GM series is below the GL, I would not consider them.
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones with a Kawai CA series. by Tom LC @ 06/24/16 02:53 PM

I know what it is. (Of course I had to look it up.) However, just turning down the volume on the DP that low destroys the tone. So I am hopeful that I can keep the volume level up on the piano without giving myself a headache. No problem, I real
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Careful with kitchen slicers! by WhoDwaldi @ 06/24/16 02:42 PM

Sorry for your slice. Cutting (half frozen) bread is another pianistic danger. Gee, it won't slip, what could happen? 😀
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by RobertJM @ 06/24/16 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By Doug M.Originally Posted By RobertJMHi All, If you are considering the CA17, I would suggest comparing that with the Roland HP603, as this comes with fully modeled piano sounds. Also, the PHA-50 action is worth trying your
Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland Kiyola KF-10
by Dscally
06/26/16 06:46 AM
Left Handed Pianist Needs advice
by Rusco
06/26/16 06:00 AM
My first piano exam
by Timpskie
06/26/16 05:16 AM
Discussing stretch with a professional tuner
by Beemer
06/26/16 05:16 AM
Acrylikey to Fill Excess Gap between Ivory Head and Tail?
by Musicdude
06/25/16 11:50 PM
Forum Stats
84,110 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,573 Topics
2,536,526 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission