Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by beethoven986 @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyThe question I have about WN&G replacement actions is the ability to customize the product to the specifications of the OEM designers. Could one install a WN&G action in a Steinway and have it feel like a
Pianist Corner
I am going on vacation to France in June (Paris, Bordeaux). Before I go, I would like to do some reading about the history of French classical music and opera. Is there a good one-volume introduction? Or should I just read the parts about France
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Piano Composition + a Drawing by leandrobrunapiano @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

This piano composition is called "To cry, to shout, to run away". I made a drawing accompanying the song. It is a very emotional piece and I hope you like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAnesw5Vz_Y
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:48 AM

Are you advocating making every "practice" piano to the lowest common performance standards found on stage pianos? If we stay with that no one could "improve" the piano in any way over what would be found on stages. A sort of tyr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's in a Name? by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyOriginally Posted By: bkw58I only have a name for the digital in our closet. (Remember--This forum is Family Friendly) Check your PM my Nordic cousin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!! by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

"The Heart Asks Pleasure First" has the distinction of being the only piece that has ever made me go out and buy sheet music from a movie! And I love me some Val, so it's a nice collision of things for me!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Roy123Originally Posted By: BDBNon-existent corrosion resistance? Like, compared to that of iron? There have been spectacular failures of composite materials in piano actions. So for each new material, we have to ask, how do yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's in a Name? by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Posted by Scorpio in the "Elton John" thread. Four Pianos in One Place…What Are the Odds? Thanks Scorpio.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai mp7 vs Roland rd-800 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: david_kaCan you layer 4 sounds on the mp7 as you can on RD800? Yes.
Jump to new posts Re: calling all sound engineers by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By: lolatuOriginally Posted By: Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By: lolatuCA95's [trandsducer] is 15W. No, it's 45W. Why does it have "15W" printed on it then? I don't know, but the specifications show 45W.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's in a Name? by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: bkw58I only have a name for the digital in our closet. (Remember--This forum is Family Friendly)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Theme identification by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: malkinOriginally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes...Also, behold the glory that is Svetlana Zakharova. Wow! She is amazing! Originally Posted By: Polyphonist I much prefer this waltz the way I am going to play it - a solo piano pi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elton John's Yamaha by scorpio @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

Thought I would pass this picture along - four (Nina, Nikita - the Red Piano, Kay and Diana) of Elton's pianos in one place. Four Pianos in One Place…What Are the Odds?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By: JessiebearHi Shiro, thanks yes I'm stoked. Just a shame I can't play straight from the book as it would ruin the spine having to flatten it out. I know what you mean! I copy all the pieces I want to play and leave the book wit
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's in a Name? by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 10:20 AM

I only have a name for the digital in our closet.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!! by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungWow -- What an amazingly bad cover photo. It makes her look fat. Gee, I wonder if anyone would make a similar comment about a man wearing a kaftan or other loose-fitting garment. For those who don't know, V.L.'
Jump to new posts Re: calling all sound engineers by craig son of berg @ Yesterday at 10:12 AM

Originally Posted By: DeffieOmnidirectional? Sure, they exist, here's one company (and I'm sure there are others): http://www.duevel.com/home/loudspeaker.shtml Not cheap, although considering the high-end speaker market they don't seem out of line.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: jim ialeggioI've been thinking about this phenomenon, and various explanations of it...and experimenting with the readout in Only Pure. If I tune 1 string to target frequency, nailing it, then mute that string and tune a second
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P140 sluggish keys : how to fix? by dmd @ Yesterday at 10:07 AM

It all depends upon what you have more of ... time or money. Nothin' but time ? Give it a shot. Flush with money ? Forget it. Sell it.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Morning Mist: a ballade for piano by larryz @ Yesterday at 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistThe ridiculous trills sound like bird songs. Mind, it is a midi-recording, and may thus be not a shortcoming of the composition.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: About the Blues scale by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 10:05 AM

Of course you can also play blues in a conventional major or minor scale. There are no hard amd fast rules.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP range advice please by joe80 @ Yesterday at 10:04 AM

AP are the model designation for Casio's Celviano Digital Pianos, which are kind of their answer to Clavinova. This would be better on the DP forum
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: peterws[...] 31 Chopinoholic/Paul de Koning 72 14 Wonderful piano, school hellish (takes me back to my primary school, now demolished . . .) head teacher walking past, me trying to hide behind the pillar . . . Enjoyed this ver
Jump to new posts Re: calling all sound engineers by craig son of berg @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: lolatuOriginally Posted By: Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By: lolatuCA95's [trandsducer] is 15W. No, it's 45W. Why does it have "15W" printed on it then? lol kind of like how a lady always lies about her dress
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP range advice please by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM

I wasnt aware casio had a AP range!
Page 14 of 36 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
93 registered (adultpianist, Atrys, AZNpiano, alberto, Akshay, 15 invisible), 1155 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153538 Topics
2250092 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
04/18/14 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
04/17/14 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
04/17/14 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
04/17/14 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
04/17/14 10:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission