Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
48 registered (Bellicapelli, Bach2Black, AprilE, AZNpiano, 10 invisible), 1763 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by 8 Octaves @ 02/24/17 05:27 PM

Apologies for my ignorance on Steingraeber pianos.... Does the Phoenix pianos all have carbon fiber soundboards? Does a carbon fiber soundboard mean the soundboard won't expand and contract due to environmental humidity? Does carbon fiber soundboa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How did your first years of practice go? by Steven Carr @ 02/24/17 05:16 PM

I have been playing since September 2016 , so 6 months. Today, I actually managed to pick out the right hand for the chorus of 'Flieger , gruss mir die Sonne' by ear. I was astonished, because I never was able to do the simplest tunes by ear. So I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by scorpio @ 02/24/17 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By MontunoDoes the lawyer work Pro Bobo?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By music4thoughtThank you Morodiene, spanishbuddha, essBrace, and Doug M. If I understand correctly, the only things I'll miss by getting the FP90 instead of the RD2000 are: -- Live abilities -- Better (significantly?) sounds outsi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest piano work by nationality by Mark_C @ 02/24/17 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusI purposely omitted nationalities where the possible choices would be so numerous that the question becomes somewhat silly. Hence no Polish, Russian, German. I think "Polish," at least, would be extremely i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by Miguel Rey @ 02/24/17 05:00 PM

I think the fair question is how would one compare the Phoenix vs similarly priced instruments. I don't think many Steingraeber aficionados will ever agree that the instruments are remotely similar and will always favor the original. I know if I
Piano Forum
I was privileged to play a Bosendorfer Imperial Grand several months last year for a large choir, and I have played many full size Steinways over the years. To me, the Steinways were the finest pianos I ever played, whereas the Bosie was another life
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Montuno @ 02/24/17 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By RalphianoI think Bobo just hired a lawyer. You infringers are in trouble now! Does the lawyer work Pro Bobo?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Montuno @ 02/24/17 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By scorpio5. Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Arranged by David Nevue https://youtu.be/ej0IEg1Pu_A This is great. I purchased a number of Nevue scores for Christmas and this was one of them. So I will also try to learn
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-300s Restoration Pics by pworld @ 02/24/17 04:54 PM

You mentioned replacing the felt. This is an area I am most interested in as it affects the feel of the keyboard so much. So how did you find the new and improved felt? I am curious how we can change the feel of our pianos by choosing an appropriat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest piano work by nationality by Damon @ 02/24/17 04:52 PM

The greatest Polish piece by the greatest Polish composer and performed by the greatest interpreter of Poles.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ninth Boston International Piano Competition by Mark_C @ 02/24/17 04:51 PM

Aliao: I wonder if you're someone that some of us know! Without blowing your anonymity, can I ask, does your last name begin with M? (Don't worry, I probably won't ask anything else.)
Piano Forum
Stephen Hough is a big fan of Fazioli and the Yamaha CFX.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by sara elizabeth @ 02/24/17 04:49 PM

My teacher has suggested that I do my grade 3 exam either in June or August. Of course it is up to me whether I want to take the exam at all. What value have you guys found in preparing for the exam? I'm worried about getting bored of playing the sam
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by SonatainfSharp @ 02/24/17 04:48 PM

There are a few peaks in the recording, but with high quality headphones I thought the overall sound (minus the peaks) was actually very good. There is too much room reverb for my taste, but I am probably in the minority on that aspect.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by johnstaf @ 02/24/17 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By RealPlayerI'm late to this thread, and haven't read it all, but I listened to the initial video and agree that the sound is odd. Must be because of the way it's miked. The piano's tone (as recorded) reminds me of a clavichord!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Ralphiano @ 02/24/17 04:41 PM

I think Bobo just hired a lawyer. You infringers are in trouble now!
Piano Forum
I've attended Angela Hewitt concerts twice in the past year, and of course she uses Fazioli. Here in NYC, it's supplied by Faust Harrison, here on 58 Street. Funny experience. Hewitt played marvelously, and then a the intermission the FH tech came ou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by PhoenixPianos @ 02/24/17 04:35 PM

No problem - thanks for clearing it up! Originally Posted By master88erOriginally Posted By PhoenixPianos I'm still confused about the "not new" comment though Russell... I apologize, and was obviously in error. I made that assumption ba
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by master88er @ 02/24/17 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By AJBRussell, have you seen and played them both? They are both C212s? They are both excellent of course, but I am puzzled why you think they are "vastly different". The relationship between Hurstwood and Steingraeber
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Birdgolf @ 02/24/17 04:33 PM

Twinkle Twinkle Big Star Scorpio. Dazzling!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
My day job is teaching Software Engineering at a state university. Rule number one is don't reinvent the wheel! If you find the piano technician software offerings too limited, then I'd suggest looking at software for people who do very similar thi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by trigalg693 @ 02/24/17 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By johnstaf The Phoenix 212 on the site is £56,325.40 inc VAT. Correct, the post right under the one you quoted contained the correction... I assume they simply forgot to update the website for a while, because those were the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nice Video - kudos to PianoCraft by P W Grey @ 02/24/17 04:21 PM

Hi Keith, NICE job! Pwg
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanical problems with tangents by Sverre @ 02/24/17 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By BDBThere are diagrams on the internet that will give you the names of all the parts. You should refer to one. What I would check is whether the jack spring is broken, or the jack's center pin joint is too tight. Thanks BDB, I
Page 14 of 22 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha FC3A half damper midi range
by bboris77
02/26/17 12:11 AM
Bach Sinfonias
by earlofmar
02/25/17 10:56 PM
Looking for a smaller grand
by P3T3R
02/25/17 09:00 PM
Which method did you use to learn piano?
by bennevis
02/25/17 08:22 PM
Anyone aware of this? GEWA piano?.....
by EssBrace
02/25/17 05:55 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,800 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,719 Topics
2,601,869 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission