Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
131 registered (AmandaH, accordeur, 36251, anotherscott, 41 invisible), 1579 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
I probably can't narrow it down to one, but I'll start you off with one: Liszt's 'Romance' (s169). It is subtitled 'What Is the Point' in French and is written based on a very sad French poem AYouTube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JGDZK
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brand New Pianos Under $5000? by joe80 @ Yesterday at 09:07 AM

Yes tell me about it! I know someone who has bought a Blüthner style 8 (6'3 aliquot strung) from 1896, in completely original condition. Of course it was a wonderful piano, of course it is from one of the world's best makers, and of course it has a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Model R Upright by Erchoukyrie @ Yesterday at 09:03 AM

And just to close out the question of whether there are any differences at all between the Model I and the Model R other than the mere name, I have found one. Take a look at these two pictures, the first of a 1919 NY Model I: http://ancientpoint.com
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by Allard @ Yesterday at 08:54 AM

I don't really post here anymore, but I do still practice daily! Unfortunately, holidays are finally here and I will be without my piano from august 29th to september 4th.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: "Real Enough"? | Part 4 by Philip_Johnston @ Yesterday at 08:53 AM

Replying to Chris Warren: I abandoned my acoustic piano because I wanted to be able to make video recordings, any time, without having to have a piano technician and sound engineer on standby. For all the debates about whether the "real enough
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7/8 and 15/16 piano keyboards (ESPKs) the future ? by jbolt91 @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

From researching it seems the current size was built for your average European large male handed pianist (Liszt and Brahms) , so they are unlikely to want a larger size unless you have very large hands! Then your left with the rest of the popula
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: "Real Enough"? | Part 4 by Philip_Johnston @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

Fscotte, you asked so long ago that you've probably forgotten, but the following is (pretty much) dry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw4DaWNQhA0 Again, Garritan is the sample library, N3 the piano. Not sure if that's what you needed for your com
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts What is the saddest piano song that you have ever heard? by Aly Baracat @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

Hi all, What do you think the saddest piano piece that you have ever heard? Your comments would be very helpful as I am trying to figure out the different characteristics of sad piano pieces.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brand New Pianos Under $5000? by Carey @ Yesterday at 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By joe80Yeah that piano looks like a piano that requires a full rebuild. It's not something that will make you play better - it will make you play worse. A fully rebuilt one is a different story, of course, but that isn't. The price
Piano Forum
Thanks, everyone for these encouraging and thoughtful responses -- food for thought. I'll let you know how it turns out!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for my RCM repertoire learning (prep level) by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 07:56 AM

Originally Posted By bananasushi I'm not "still" playing RCM prep for 6 years. I've only been playing it for the past 4 months. Maybe I do have some sort of learning disability. I guess I could be a slow learner. It often takes me a long ti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Could narrower 7/8 and 15/16 ESPKs be the future ? by Goomer Piles @ Yesterday at 07:52 AM

Human beings have been evolving in a larger direction for some time, so it doesn't make sense to me that keyboard dimensions would get smaller. And gosh, what about all the poor people with fingers so large that they can't fit between the sharps whe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for Salzburg and Vienna? by RonaldSteinway @ Yesterday at 07:50 AM

In Vienna, you must try schnitzel at Figlmuller. The portion is very big. You need to make reservation. The price is very reasonable. To be Vienna is like a U.S city, not interesting, but I love Salzburg!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 07:44 AM

Welcome back Celdor! I hope you had a great vacation. Sometimes a break from playing can make things even better!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brand New Pianos Under $5000? by joe80 @ Yesterday at 07:41 AM

Yeah that piano looks like a piano that requires a full rebuild. It's not something that will make you play better - it will make you play worse. A fully rebuilt one is a different story, of course, but that isn't. The price is way too high for its c
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Birdcage tuning by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 07:40 AM

I have two or three clients with those pianos, and I remove the action and run a felt strip under the damper position. I've never removed the dampers possibly because the action didn't look like it was feasible, or the pianos I have here have a littl
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Voicing the Piano by Inlanding @ Yesterday at 07:22 AM

It would be helpful to hear a recording of the piano's voicing across the register and a bit of playing, to demonstrate dynamic range.
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Voicing the Piano by Olek @ Yesterday at 07:09 AM

Preferences exists, as the possibilities allowed by the piano. But some basics elements are always find, Sustained power (the final proof of good elasticity around the crown) volume, (max density under the crown) dynamic range, "color" (o
Jump to new posts Birdcage tuning by foxpianotuning @ Yesterday at 07:09 AM

I'm a Dublin Piano Tuner and Ireland is full of these. I would say 2 out 3 pianos from new customers are neglected vertically strung, overdamper nightmare machines. They have been handed down through generations, generally havent been tuned in years
Jump to new posts Re: Strategies for Passing Part 1 of the PTG Tuning exam by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 06:58 AM

It's true that the fork on the piano can produce two beat speeds with F2. One at A4 and one at A5. And they can sometimes be different speeds and cause some aural confusion. Putting it near your ear ear may reduce or elliminate the 2nd partial of t
Jump to new posts Presentation thread by Olek @ Yesterday at 06:56 AM

WOuld it be possible to have a thread where the members can present themselves, apart of the profile, This is common on most forums, and it may ease the way new members are received (in my case certainly it would) It would also refrain recently t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non classical piano music by johan d @ Yesterday at 06:46 AM

Is it the "advaced book you guys are takling about, or is there also a complete solo beginner book? http://www.crescendo-music.com/artikel/38505/piano/album_complete-advanced-piano-solos.html
Jump to new posts Thoughts on Voicing the Piano by Musicdude @ Yesterday at 06:31 AM

I'm realizing how subjective voicing really is. Not just what you prefer will never match what a customer prefers, but also the uniqueness of each person's hearing. For example, I also record and mix music, and even with a -2dB high frequency shel
Jump to new posts Re: I just leveled-up by Olek @ Yesterday at 06:23 AM

Hello and welcome I agree that presentation should be the rule, but it is a first for me to see that asked to a new member, there are yet many that post without presenting themselves A good idea would be a "presentation" thread at the top
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for Salzburg and Vienna? by C R @ Yesterday at 06:17 AM

The Musikverein is fantastic, but I think it should not just be seen but experienced - go watch something there! The acoustic is very good, even at the back, in part because it is quite a small hall. Completely out of the theme of the recommendatio
Page 15 of 21 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
DIY touch-up tuning
by bolt
08/29/15 04:46 PM
Sight Reading vs Memorizing Tug of war
by bananasushi
08/29/15 03:40 PM
Any good sight reading software?
by bananasushi
08/29/15 02:50 PM
Blind Pianists being able to see the keys in their mind
by bananasushi
08/29/15 02:33 PM
Can you identify by ear only what key something is in?
by Stubbie
08/29/15 02:26 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,560 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,507 Topics
2,440,157 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission