Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
174 registered (Allar A, alfredo capurso, Almaviva, AndyP, 45 invisible), 1774 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts I need advice on everything please! by rose49 @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Hey everyone, I'm in year 11 at school and want to start teaching. I've done 7th grade classical piano and 3rd grade theory, but I have absolutely no teaching experience at all. Nothing. I've posted ads online but I'm nervous for if I actually get
Piano Teachers Forum
Hi Cynthia, I have noticed with every adult student I've ever had (or adult students I know who study with other teachers) that their expectations of themselves are unreasonably high. They need to be patient with themselves and allow themselves to be
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Revolutionary new piano unveiled by Hungarian pianist by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: LJCI've said it before you need to hear and try an instrument in person. You cannot judge a piano from a recording. You can hear things in a recording. In the recording here, I will tell you the things I think I can hear: 1)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Advanced piano lessons - what can I expect? (reposted) by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Varun916I know that there are some amazing pianists who can look at a piece like that & pretty much sight read it perfectly, up to tempo, the first time they see it. Doesn't mean they like how they sound playing it! As we
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: StellviaIn all honesty this is pretty standard for many pro keyboards on the market, especially the more complex stage pianos and workstations. The more complex they are, the more issues can occur that aren't found till testing/
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Just AlanIt strikes me that there might be a whole stack of MP7 owners out there who have never upgraded from v1.00, simply because they have never seen this forum or ever checked the Kawai website. I wonder how they are all ge
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Beginner Coldplay by Steve617 @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Just got my keyboard 4 days ago just thought id share.
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 as MIDI controller + USB to host by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneThe problem is when I try to play #3 above back, it will not play back through the MP11 sounds or the audio out on the Macbook. Which sound (tone generator) do you wish to hear? The MP11's sound, the Macbook's sound,
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Mazurka? by stumbler @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

This one I could probably play. The one part I needed to retake to make sure I was reading it right was the end of bar 22(and 30), my ear expectecd soemthing more than B with the G. As usual, quite enjoyable.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Advanced piano lessons - what can I expect? (reposted) by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

I'm a late intermediate, early advanced pianist and, with a teacher, it is taking me about 5-6 months to work up a main piece (a Chopin Nocturne, a Rachmaninoff Prelude, a Brahms Intermezzo) that is designed to challenge my current skill level. I'l
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Mp11 : damper pedal unrealistic amplitude by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

Good news, and thanks for coming back and letting us know. I'd like an MP11 myself.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts the mystry of voicing the "correct" way by ascc @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

This is someone who's preparing for the RPT exam and is stumbling upon voicing. I've read many perspectives on voicing from different authors. Randy Potter, Kawaii voicing manual, various technicians, and it seems like there are many different ways
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The New New York Steinway store by Calgary Mike @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob SnyderHello everyone - First, I want to apologize to WiseBuff for this experience... it certainly does not reflect who we are, or what we do... I am sorry! Thank you. Very classy response. My experience in our local Stei
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Polonaise by stumbler @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

This one is beyond my level but I did manage to slowly limp my way through. I particularly enjoyed the secion around bar 21 and the ending is very satisfying.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Mp11 : damper pedal unrealistic amplitude by doudou @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

I've udpdated the mp11 to os 1.10 : the damper pedal (after new recalibration) behaviour is now ok, more controllable Another feature needed to improve in the MP11 is the sheet music holder : too far from the eyes (you need to have very good ones
Pianist Corner
Thanks for the replies! It's good to get some perspective on how long pieces take various players to learn. I think I'll be getting some sight reading practice songs. I've never really drilled sight reading before, apart from MTAC certificate of mer
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: doudouMy input after OS 1.10 install in my MP11, my main concern -as a classical pianist- was the damper pedal which sustained too early. It's now ok after recalibration, it feels closer to a real grand piano than before. Tha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to score ascending or descending lines by Ilion @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

In jazz charts it's typical to see #9 chords with an enharmonic spelling: E-Bb-Eb for C7#9. But in general for me personally, I'd prefer to see chords spelled correctly as I tend to think harmonically when sight reading. And C-Eb-Gb-A doesn't regi
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by ZikO @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

You should probably look for a decent Audio Interface with USB connection for your MacbookPro. There are interfaces which use FireWire but you don't really need them. I can only speak of Focusrite because I've got one. E.g., Focuserite Scarlett line
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

Hello again Alan, I've just seen your most recent post. Originally Posted By: Just AlanWould you recommend doing a total back up of the brand new v1.05 MP7 before I upgrade it to v1.10? If you do not store any adjustments to memory, I don't believ
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by doudou @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

My input after OS 1.10 install in my MP11, my main concern -as a classical pianist- was the damper pedal which sustained too early. It's now ok after recalibration, it feels closer to a real grand piano than before. Originally Posted By: Just Al
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Advanced piano lessons - what can I expect? (reposted) by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Also, ~2 months to learn and solidify a piece like that, and of that length, is not at all uncommon.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: IBLA Competition? by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

Thank you all for the very helpful and informative replies. After listing your many concerns, I was able to talk my former student out of competing this summer.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Finger Can't Straighten by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

well the x-rays won't show anything wrong with the soft tissues unless they were done by a world-class tech. The MRIs and the PETs will show everything. If the doc comes back after the radiology report is finished and can't really tell you anything
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Just AlanI sincerely appreciate the time and detail which you have all put into your replies... Would you recommend doing a total back up of the brand new v1.05 MP7 before I upgrade it to v1.10? Thanks everyone. @ Ju
Page 15 of 30 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29 30 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Reputable piano dealers wanted!
by jenlyn8984
32 minutes 33 seconds ago
Studying Mozart "Fantasy in d minor" (K.397)
by griffin2417
Today at 04:10 PM
Tension...
by Justin_B
Today at 02:31 PM
Recording session gigs
by Thomas Williams
Today at 02:08 PM
Ravenscroft in ivorys cantabile
by daz100
Today at 01:55 PM
Forum Stats
77890 Members
42 Forums
160967 Topics
2364718 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission