Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
95 registered (bennevis, Beemer, Arthell, 36251, ando, AJB, 16 invisible), 1875 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does the percent increase from SMP to MSRP indicate? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By Miguel ReyIn my search I found a dealer on the East Coast of the US selling a 212 w/ carbon fiber for 59k just a few months back. As has been discussed many times on this forum, these one-off examples usually mean there are some
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By keykeyzkeysMay I know why spinets and studios and consoles are not as popular as upright? Especially studios? Studios are cheaper and they look quite identical to Uprights. Thanks Guys They just don't sound good enough. If you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 07:50 AM

There is no one correct way. The important things include good (healthy) posture that supports long periods at the instrument without injury and increases (or doesn't obstruct) facility. In the main, that means weight supported on the sit bones and f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does the percent increase from SMP to MSRP indicate? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By PeakskiBut there are loads of reasons why MSRP might appear too high e.g. exchange rate fluctuations, changes in demand, competition, age of the product, deliberate marketing strategy or simply the manufacturer being over-optimis
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Major 6 Diminished Scale by Nahum @ Yesterday at 07:39 AM

OP touches upon the topic, called the approach chords, or just the approaches. Approach ch. always bound with following chord, which is already known ; ,so dim7 always plays the role of dominant7/b9 (without root) in relation to the next chord.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:38 AM

If it's the "Library of Piano Classics" (AMSCO), it has music from a wide variety of composers, Baroque through modern (one Satie, six Debussy, one Scriabin, etc). Nothing atonal. It's "intermediate" in difficulty, mostly, with
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First, Learn to Practice by Tom Heany by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By Wuffski...what is your opinion about your "Playing the Piano for Pleasure" book by Charles Cooke? Until I found Chang's Fundamentals it was always inspiring and much in it that I re-read. There's a lot of good value in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does the percent increase from SMP to MSRP indicate? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:36 AM

I'm hoping this thread can get back to the original question I posted in the opening thread. Less than a handful of replies have dealt directly with my question: If the percent increase from SMP to MRSP is large compared to average or median of othe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Now We're Talking Real Pianos :) Suggestions Appreciated :) by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 07:34 AM

Spinets are not made anymore, and their design is compromised on many levels (tone, action, serviceability), so they are generally not recommended. Studios and consoles are shorter than "full" uprights, and they don't tend to have the sam
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 07:33 AM

Don't worry too much about this "collective wisdom". It's just that some people are louder and more persistent, and like to repeat the same concepts over and over. Their way is not necessarily the best way for you. Why do we always want to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserOriginally Posted By guitarjunior19... https://www.udemy.com/how-to-play-piano-go-from-a-beginnerintermediate-to-a-pro/ ... Is this course a good starting point? I looked at that site and the course. I would not
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does the percent increase from SMP to MSRP indicate? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By RwingguyOn a practical note, in the U.S. I suspect the true price of all "top tier" pianos is probably, in the end, relative to the price of the comparable Steinway. For example, how much more will people pay for a Faz
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Dynatone by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 07:26 AM

I wouldn't touch an unknown brand. It's not just you, Dave.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student comes in with a piece.... by jdw @ Yesterday at 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By hello my name isOriginally Posted By Gary D. I can't generalize. I start out in lesson one with a keyboard chart. No letters, just a diagram of the clefs with the lines so that the correct lines go behind the keys. Then I point t
Jump to new posts Re: RD2000 or FP90 + another stage piano down the road by Doug M. @ Yesterday at 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By music4thoughtHello, Background: Classical and solo jazz pianist by background both on pianos post ~1896 as well as forte pianos and harpsichords. Never owned a digital piano because I have despised the action/sound and lack of a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:00 AM

First understand that people have biases. You're not going to get someone who has spent years perfecting their technique to tell you it's not important. What is important is motivation. And the truth is, now you've got it, and soon you're going to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Big Annual "Gig" by jdw @ Yesterday at 06:53 AM

Congratulations! That kind of playing takes real stamina, as well as skill.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by Franz Beebert @ Yesterday at 06:52 AM

I am not looking for what to play next I just want to know you opinions.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First, Learn to Practice by Tom Heany by Wuffski @ Yesterday at 06:52 AM

Thanks, Sam! agraffe, what is your opinion about your "Playing the Piano for Pleasure" book by Charles Cooke?
Jump to new posts Re: Dynatone by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 06:42 AM

http://www.dynatone.co.kr/site/eng/intro/company-overview.php I've never heard of them. I'd rather pay a little more and buy an established and better known brand, but maybe that's just me.
Jump to new posts Dynatone by Sarah64 @ Yesterday at 06:37 AM

I'm going to buy a digital piano. There is a shop here where they sell the "Dynatone" brand, for me, an unknown brand, but it is a very versatile piano. And the price is nice. Anyone who knows anything more about this brand? Thank you all
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 06:35 AM

Originally Posted By guitarjunior19Hey RaggedKeyPresser, Thanks for your reply. I decided to take this course to start. Even though it goes over basic scales it goes over what I think I need for gospel music. Please see the course description. http
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts The correct way to learn? by Peakski @ Yesterday at 06:26 AM

I've been reading this forum for a week or two now ahead of beginning my journey into learning the piano and just pondering a few things while I await the arrival of my new piano tomorrow (which I'm hugely excited about BTW!) Having asked a few foru
You usually use the MIDI output from your piano as a source for playing/recording, and route it to the plug-in, which generates the sound. I'm not very familiar with Garageband but I expect somewhere on the tracks you can select a MIDI source. If y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First, Learn to Practice by Tom Heany by Sam S @ Yesterday at 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By johan dWhat do you (does he) mean by "Practice movement"? You practice the hand movements necessary to play something. When you learn that hand movement, you have learned it. My new teacher is big on hand movements -
Page 15 of 27 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
walking basslines
by iamanders
02/24/17 07:37 AM
lifetime of well maintained higher class upright pianos?
by Wuffski
02/24/17 05:05 AM
Brief RD 2000 vs RD 800 Comparison Chart
by Hamin
02/24/17 01:03 AM
If You Are Struggling to Learn Inversions-Read This
by guitarjunior19
02/23/17 11:40 PM
Sinfonia 13 - which fingering is best? (examples)
by hexentanz
02/23/17 08:42 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,778 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,689 Topics
2,601,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission