Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
94 registered (AntonJ, alerique, anamnesis, AndreyK, augustm, 20 invisible), 1650 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is aluminum keybed an innovative idea? by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By look_alive Wow. Would love to read or hear more about these pianos! I would think that aluminum would be too sensitive to temperature changes for that use, no? Read on...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By The Monkeys It would be quite a bit of hassle for her to make room for the boys in her only remaining day and also for us to re-arrange everything all over again. In other words, the teacher doesn't want to teach your kids
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok, For Children by Peter071 @ Yesterday at 02:28 AM

Thank you for your answers. I know Les cinq doights.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by Norbert @ Yesterday at 02:12 AM

'Authenticity" IMHO does not automatically equate with "excellence" and even less with "comparative excellence" Excellence of an instrument is not something that needs explaining or justification just like 'love' - it eithe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Acoustic Piano by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 02:09 AM

Fabio, have you played the Kawai? Personally, I hated it. Yamaha's are very different - but of course it's a matter of personal taste. I like the sound to be clean and transparent. Last year my tech softened the hammers just a little in the middle ra
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best "vintages" of Baldwin pianos? by Piano90X @ Yesterday at 01:58 AM

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I actually have no intention whatsoever of buying it, and he doesn't intend to sell it. I was just inquiring out of curiosity.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New to me" Roland XP-80 by Just Alan @ Yesterday at 01:54 AM

Wow! What a wonderful present. The old Roland XP80 is a lovely synth, and the semi weighted synth action is sweet.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best "vintages" of Baldwin pianos? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 01:51 AM

I like to believe that Baldwin was in its prime in the post-war period, and into the 1960s, perhaps up into the 1970s. After that, they were periodically struck by a variety of problems, mostly financial but that had consequences on product quality a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: And lo, it comes up again... by D. S. F. @ Yesterday at 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottI like repeating it and here's why. For me, the fact that the Grave theme keeps coming back throughout the movement indicates that it's important thematic material. It's right there at the beginning of the development i
Member Recordings
Have you seen the kid who sang the viral "I Play Pokemon Go Evareeday" song? Well he's back with a vengeance making a song ranting about big names like Leafy, Pyro, Keemstar etc. called "Cyberbully Channels are..." You can check o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best "vintages" of Baldwin pianos? by Piano90X @ Yesterday at 01:04 AM

I get what you're saying. Everyone says that pre-1930s Mason & Hamlin pianos are that brands best vintage. I was just curious if the same can be said of Baldwin (which has had a similarly unusual corporate history).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by Piano90X @ Yesterday at 12:47 AM

Thanks, Carl. Please do PM me shops who you trust to do good work on a Mason & Hamlin.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone ever had to back up? by outo @ Yesterday at 12:47 AM

If I wanted to play a piece perfectly every time before moving on, I would probably still be on my first piece ever My cognitive and motoric skills are inconsistent and I had to accept that to get anywhere with the piano. High level of consistency
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough controversy by BruceD @ Yesterday at 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By Miguel ReyMaybe interactive apps would be something interesting. Something in real time that users could follow along with orchestra and learn about what they are hearing. Brief history, instrumentation ,form , scores etc...
Jump to new posts Re: New to me" Roland XP-80 by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 12:35 AM

I gigged the XP-80 for over 10 years. Great keyboard. One of Roland's nicest semi weighted actions. Packed with JV era sounds and room for sr jv expansion cards. I recommend taking a look for some used based on your interests. Popular cards like
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best "vintages" of Baldwin pianos? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 12:29 AM

To authoritatively denote a given period as "best" is beset with problems. To give/take license to self appoint a "judge" and "jury" to litigate the significant factors that must be present to satisfy the highest domain
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff Moment Musical Op 16 No 4 in E minor by BruceD @ Yesterday at 12:25 AM

gynnis: Unless I'm totally missing something here, I don't understand your post. ZeljkoM links the Lugansky performance as one he considers close to ideal as far as performance is concerned, but complains that he can't get the same clarity in his p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fastest way to virtuosity by Nahum @ Yesterday at 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By Keith D KermanIs there any other approach that can generate this level of virtuosity in only 6 lessons? https://www.facebook.com/pianocraft/videos/1240346679351551/ 6 - is the magic number?
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by CyberGene @ Yesterday at 12:13 AM

I highly doubt it it's a new grand that will be announced. Those are just some photos and the grand is there because it looks most "piano"-ish Taking in mind there are only two known people in the world so far who have bought a V-grand, it
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ 08/23/16 11:46 PM

All shall be revealed in good time. I'll post on the 9th with some details. Jay
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by Karl Watson @ 08/23/16 11:46 PM

Dear Piano90X: I can assure you that there are at least five rebuilders that I could name that would take the guesswork out of the equation and give you something truly beautiful, far beyond anything built in Asia, and they would preserve everything
Jump to new posts Re: OT ... an ethical discussion (related to the arts) by OrgantoPiano @ 08/23/16 11:45 PM

This is an interesting question that I've seen on other sites. Besides being a musician, I'm also a writer. I have at present, a novel that took me six years to write, now laying peacefully at the bottom of like Kindle. Never the less, it took more t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by SiFi @ 08/23/16 11:45 PM

Just wondering if everyone got their jury comments yet? To be honest, I found the in-person feedback more instructive, though there were some fascinating observations in the "official" comments. Most interesting thing to me was that there
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Would you keep this student? by Arghhh @ 08/23/16 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbows I usually assign one page, but he always comes back with the entire piece worked on. Since he never does hand separate practice Sounds like me when I was in lessons Hands separate was too boring. Actuall
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
That information would be difficult to give for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that we do not have the language to describe a particular sound. A far more practical approach would be to rescale and restring a few old pianos to get a
Page 15 of 26 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Under €1000 stage piano (used)
by Bachus
08/25/16 08:37 AM
Flood damaged piano
by David Jenson
08/25/16 07:50 AM
Help Regarding a Yamaha P-105
by Muli
08/25/16 07:01 AM
inexpensive tuning apps
by stevenpn
08/25/16 04:14 AM
Public Domain Teaching Methods
by stevenpn
08/25/16 03:44 AM
Forum Stats
84,760 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,734 Topics
2,550,184 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission