Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
151 registered (accordeur, alfredo capurso, A Guy, anamnesis, 36251, 38 invisible), 1500 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts How to play this piece without three hands? by Valencia @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

I found a Bortkiewicz piece that looked interesting to me so was trying to sightread through it. The piece is Op. 37 No. 5 --"The Enchanted Castle". However I got to the end of the piece and had no idea what to do: https://app.box.com/s/s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Frédéric Chopin! by Damon @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWNobody plays that coda better than Horowitz. Nobody plays opus 44 better than Horowitz. Nobody plays Chopin better than Horowitz.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

That's really droll!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by jotur @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

I started my 5th one today. Next week is the re-scheduled Denver piano party and I can play them then and then count them in my official total. Anita - that was delightful Moonsh1ne - a lovely piece - congratulations on your first Chopin. And you'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Valencia @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Well let’s see. My playing of my Schumann recital pieces stinks. It’s as if its gotten worse lately. At this point, I hope I can get through them enough to get a recording for the recital. Maybe I’ll be lucky and they will improve in this next
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why not a worm drive to tension strings? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Worm drive tuners for pianos would have to be too large to fit within the tuning pin field area. The tension on some of the largest wound strings is in the vicinity of 400 pounds. Maybe some form of amorphous metals may be strong enough, but that ma
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Direction by Markarian @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By beethoven986As someone who is not particularly fond of Steinway, I'll say that their new instruments, within the past few years, are better than I've ever seen them. Same here. I am a pretty die-hard Steinway fanboy, but I gott
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best interpreter for Brahms? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By Pogorelich.Originally Posted By Liszt_BGYould should also consider Idil Biret. Complete recording available - Naxos. I must respectfully disagree. With a severe passion. No. Just.. no no no no no. Dunno what to say about
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Diversions" by Larry G. Alexander @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By pavanne1Very nice you play very well Doreen Hall www.palomapiano.com Thanks for listening and commenting, Miss Doreen. Regards, Larry Alexander
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By John v.d.BrookYes, but at a party, can you whip off Happy Birthday in a jazzy style? I don't play jazz, but I can do Happy Birthday in the style of Bach, Brahms or Boulez (or Mozart, Mendelssohn or Messiaen ). Jazzing up tun
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Frédéric Chopin! by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By argerichfanHappy Birthday, great man! What a fabulous piece this is. Our local classical station (you here, gooddog?) played the young Kissin's performance. But Horowitz, unsurprisingly, is worth a lis
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chickering Quarter Grand by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

I have some brass extrusion raw sostenuto blanks that I purchased from Charles Ramsay. They are out of business now. You will have to cut away the flange where the brackets go, and fabricate and install the wire hook for the monkey. You can PM me.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone to watch for - Eric Lu by A Guy @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

And if he decides to: he'll also be at the international chopin competition in Warsaw... At 17 years old
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Direction by Swarth @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

When you proclaim to produce "The Instrument of the Immortals" eventually someone is going to try and hold you to it. I'm thinking the new billionaire dude bought Steinway for himself and will not only protect it from corporate raiders but
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best interpreter for Brahms? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By SiFiBrahms 2 with Richter and the Chicago Symphony with Erich Leinsdorf. They did the second movement in one take. I only have one recording in my library of Brahms 2, and that is the one! Didn't know about the second moveme
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by Mike. @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

Organ will be much more fulfilling because I love the music that flows from the organ. it is also an instrument that can be played in solidarity or with other musicians the problem, is that i am always playing by myself and the banjo being a treble
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Frédéric Chopin! by JoelW @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

Nobody plays that coda better than Horowitz.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by Karaba @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

I remember a time when I was 8 or maybe 9. I was in music theory class, really really bored, I hated music, I was there against my will. We were doing a music dictation, the worse thing in the world. The teacher was playing the notes and suddenly I s
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New CS200 bosendorfer by Almaviva @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By Brother MethiasAlmaviva, the piano is 6'6- I kind of snuck it under the radar, after all doesn't sound too much larger than 5'0 right? Patrick Yeah, right! The missus must be deaf as well as blind! Don't worry, your secr
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New CS200 bosendorfer by Almaviva @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Sorry, I meant to say the piano is 79 inches long, not 7'9". My mistake! You lucked out big time!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: March Piano Bar by Riddler @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

Ken, Fascinating recording, it is always fun to spice thngs up by weaving in and out of the harmony like that, if you can pull it off smoothly, which you obviously can. Like those chords! Your piano has a really good sound to it. Who is playing the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: GEM RP90 successful repair by Ed NL @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

Hi, This is my first post. My name is Ed, I'm from the Netherlands. I've played piano as a kid until I was 18 years old. At that point, I didn't like the weekly piano lessons. Also, the piano I played on was a bit irritating with stuck keys, being o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Frédéric Chopin! by JoelW @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By argerichfanHappy Birthday, great man! What a fabulous piece this is. Our local classical station (you here, gooddog?) played the young Kissin's performance. But Horowitz, unsurprisingly, is worth a listen. The harm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Frédéric Chopin! by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistGreatest pianist of 20th century playing greatest composer of 19th century: Essentially the benchmark for this piece, period. One wonders about his Liszt B minor. When I die and go to pianist heaven, will that perfo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Frédéric Chopin! by JoelW @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

If Horowitz's octaves don't put a smile on your face, you had better give this whole thing up.
Page 15 of 36 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bach English Suites by András Schiff
by pianoman9
20 minutes 37 seconds ago
College Audition Help
by LGR_Plox
Today at 05:32 PM
Opinions on Kawai KDP90?
by mnh
Today at 04:58 PM
Share your favorite/most useful practice tools!
by Pover
Today at 04:02 PM
Korsakov-Cziffra Flight of the Bumblebee - my recent perf.
by ecm
Today at 02:27 PM
Forum Stats
78,373 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,003 Topics
2,378,873 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission