Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Roy123Originally Posted By: KurtZOTOH, most of us at least semi-sophisticated and educated reader shed the occasionally excessive hyperbole exhibited by some dealer members (not just E.McM.) without having to demand a grand-ju
Adult Beginners Forum
You just have to go to your doctor and explain your symptoms. He should be able to take it from there. Of course, if you stop playing piano and the pain goes away that would be a hint.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 01:13 PM

Hi there, SiFi -- Very musical, satisfying performances! If you enter the 2016 Van Cliburn Amateur and play at that level, you're virtually assured of getting into the Semi-Finals, IMO. Thanks for sharing these!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: DVD recording by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:13 PM

Any camera that allows you to take videos which can be downloaded to a computer will give you a product which you can transfer to a DVD. That means most modern digital SLR cameras as well as some point-and-shoot compact digital cameras. Even a smart
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ Yesterday at 01:07 PM

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of the great postings this week. I'm looking forward to posting some classical music on Sunday. Here is something by Joni Mitchell that I've enjoyed listening to. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts DVD recording by jtattoo @ Yesterday at 12:45 PM

I am considering entering a competition that requires a DVD of a selected work. I don't own a DVD camera. Any ideas on how to proceed with this project? Thanks
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unison detuning? by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 12:45 PM

I had to "de-tune" unisons on one occasion. For an elderly person with two hearing aids clean unisons just didn't sound right. Had to go back and put a slight wave in each treble unison. It was both lengthy and maddening. Glad it only happe
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unison detuning? by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 12:44 PM

The really great thing about pianos is that they have auto-detuning unisons.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a piano by TBell @ Yesterday at 12:42 PM

I see KG-2 models that often appear in the private market such as CL. You might consider broadening your search area and like others have said, be patient.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts upgrade from Kawai CN34 to CA65 - how much to pay by khopin @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Hello Finally I had the opportunity to try a CA65 today and could appreciate the BIG differences between both. The GF action is definitely much better. It's very very nice, realistic, easy to play and enjoyable. I was very surprised after playing on
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by Pover @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

PL, I meant to say that when I kind of just do it, it somehow works. If I keep doing it then it becomes much more precise, but I still want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. (Meant to say that if I ease up on concentrating too hard on lining it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Something for a saturday afternoon. Love this with just the piano, my favorite version of my favorite Bowie song:
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: chernobieffAxiom #2 You can have heavy hammers and a light action. Why? Because focusing on one element of the design is the problem with the light hammer idea. Actually, I think its rather gimmicky. Only if static downweight
Jump to new posts Re: Musescore playing my dp ? by Pollux @ Yesterday at 12:30 PM

Thanks Wildpig, I didn't expect to have it up and running so soon. This will make a nice addition to a showcase of my gear. Now I'm having a look at VanBasco player; this one should be a piece of cake... Benoit on CVP407
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: SiFiOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveThe hardest one is the one that has technique you are not good at. I don't think anyone's played Ligeti Etude 14A, though. Whether that's because it's hard, or because
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a piano by Carbonblob @ Yesterday at 12:25 PM

hey Tim1889, Having a Blak model (in the RX series) was very different from a regular RX at the time of my purchase. There was actually a lot of changes in the RX vs RX Blak. Some structural and many cosmetic. Terminal mentioned all GX'x have the B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seiler 186 Maestro Grand by Sam4 @ Yesterday at 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkarianCorrect me if I'm wrong, but isn't any grand that's been properly prepped for sale a display model? As much as I love unboxing videos, I don't think it would be practical with a grand Yes it probably is, what he's on
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a piano by Sam4 @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

Good advice. I;ve always found Kawai's interesting despite their rather more budget status (atleast that's what they're price like around here in Glasgow) on the used market in comparison to everything else, but they do seem to make very competent pi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seiler 186 Maestro Grand by Markarian @ Yesterday at 12:19 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't any grand that's been properly prepped for sale a display model? As much as I love unboxing videos, I don't think it would be practical with a grand
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Seiler 186 Maestro Grand by Sam4 @ Yesterday at 12:13 PM

Hi guys I've just noticed that the Edinburgh Piano Company has just put up an ex-display Seiler 186 Maestro for £24,500. Looks pretty good, I've heard good things said of Seiler Pianos, I have played their 116 upright I think it was, and I really
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: PoverPL, I tried practicing the LH with the metronome, cycling it like 10 times to make sure I get the correct movement in the arm (I felt that if I had a constant arm movement which kind of just cycles then I can ease up on the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How is this possible? by kaanguner @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Can i move the second Ped Sign's ending point one note forward? This way it's just not ergonomic. There is no good fingering for it... And I think Kissin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yepl8MG6vRg here plays the same way mostly except the one I'm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by Pover @ Yesterday at 11:52 AM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. PL, I tried practicing the LH with the metronome, cycling it like 10 times to make sure I get the correct movement in the arm (I felt that if I had a constant arm movement which kind of just cycles then I can ea
Jump to new posts Re: Recording p105 to mac by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 11:52 AM

It seems that Yamaha devices are not MIDI-USB Class compliant and then need a specific driver. A look at the MIDI-USB driver sources of Linux shows 3 initialization functions : * for USB MIDI Class compliant devices, * for Yamaha devices, * for some
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenOriginally Posted By: voxpopsCharles, thanks for your impressions. When you say RD-80, do you actually mean FP-80 (the one with built-in speakers)? Or do you mean the RD-800 stage piano (with no speakers). I assume
Page 15 of 26 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 26 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Marche Funèbre d'une Marionette
by Minnesota Marty
Today at 10:09 AM
Tired and groggy
by PhilipInChina
Today at 08:26 AM
Digital piano key noise
by bigsmile
Today at 03:15 AM
Hans von Bulow's piano
by phantomFive
Today at 01:57 AM
Rubinstein teaching style
by phantomFive
Today at 01:52 AM
Who's Online
150 registered (Aljon, alfredo capurso, accordeur, A Guy, 42 invisible), 1462 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76260 Members
42 Forums
157665 Topics
2315875 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission