Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
121 registered (ando, accordeur, bennevis, barakbk, Beemer, 30 invisible), 1678 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By JoBertOriginally Posted By JohnSprungIf there is a difference, it's because the dampers aren't lifting completely. You need a tech to regulate them.I agree. Because of how the piano action works, it's impossible that there shoul
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gender ratio among pianists by TrevorM @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Fwiw, all of my music teachers throughout school were male. Only my piano teacher as a child was a woman. My teacher now, as an adult, is male. Funnily enough, most of the piano YouTubers that I subscribe to are female. Ymmv, I guess!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Movie Impromptu by boogiewoogie123 @ Yesterday at 09:23 AM

Have any of you guys ever seen the movie Impromptu about Chopin? I was just wondering because I just saw it and in a scene in the movie Liszt sees that Chopin just published his set of etudes, so he goes down to the piano and just starts playing one
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Sand Tiger The Olympics are coming up this summer. Virtually no one on this forum is at the equivalent of Olympic level at piano. I will probably watch many of the Olympic events. I will not despair that I can't sprint at 25+ mph
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 09:20 AM

Ah, Zarlino! Thanks, Mark. I figure one can never have too many antique music theory texts. I do find myself thinking about (and this is an idea I learned from Gary D.) the gap between what people write in books and how musicians or composers actu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is Kawai's Equivalent to Yamaha's U3? by johnbarnesiii @ Yesterday at 09:19 AM

TwoThumbs thanks for the info! Right now I just have a starter piano, a Baldwin Hamilton 1961 in satin black. I paid $1400 for it. It's been great for what it is, but I crave a bit taller piano with more low end and darker tone overall. Something o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Similar pieces to Pachebel's Canon în D by dogperson @ Yesterday at 09:15 AM

ABSRM grades this as a Level 3 in their system.. of course, this is inexact. You might want to look at the link below for Level 2 and as well and see if anything is appealing. http://www.abrsm.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=21791 Here is anothe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by Alan T. @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

1. Bosie 2. Steinway 3. Yamaha 3. Steingraber. My favorite.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Minute Waltz by boogiewoogie123 @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

Thanks guys so much for your comments! I posted this a while ago and it definitely has improved since I posted it. I will make sure I took your comments into consideration because you guys are totally right. I am currently working on two other waltze
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by ZeroZero @ Yesterday at 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By maurusDave is right (and indeed this has nothing to do with a certain JC). Let the kid play with whatever she wants. If it's a real piano, fine. If it's a ball, dolls or wooden bricks, or anything else, fine. Don't even think a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Sheetmusic for piano solo by daz100 @ Yesterday at 09:04 AM

Where to download sheet music for modern pop music that is written for piano only .I only want to see 1 Treble cleff and 1 bass cleff. I am aware that musicnotes.com do this but I think they are to expensive.I dont mind £2.50 for a download but no
Jump to new posts Sheetmusic for piano solo by daz100 @ Yesterday at 09:02 AM

Where to download sheet music for modern pop music that is written for piano only .I only want to see 1 Treble cleff and 1 bass cleff. I am aware that musicnotes.com do this but I think they are to expensive.I dont mind £2.50 for a download but no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By BeemerI have been wondering if I sit wrongly at my 88 key upright. The middle of my concert seat is exactly in line with middle C. This of course is not in the middle of the 88 keys. Where do you all sit? I usually start mos
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P22 vs Yamaha M3 by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

Keep in mind that the P22 was originally made in the U.S. Subsequently production was moved. I believe, to China and now Indonesia.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone tell me the name of this piece? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By Michiyo-Fircsiko's post from Sir Charles' precious music box II. It has been conducted by Charles Groves with the philharmonia orchestra Here's a piano version. http://youtu.be/5Fn7atSfW0A Is it just a pastiche of classical
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Petrarca Sonnets by joe80 @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By DamonThanks for sharing those. I love all three....and if you can spare 10 hours.. what do you need the ten hours for?
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 08:42 AM

Johan, you can definitely teach yourself counterpoint from a book. But, having said that, it's best studied in a class or with a teacher. Because there are so many nuances and subtle points that can't really be conveyed in the books but which come ou
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By earlofmarOriginally Posted By 8 Octaves It means you can’t come home, do the dishes, mow the lawn, take care of your kids. Someone has to do that stuff for you. That was my argument, Is science saying I can stop mowing the l
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Organ Showcase Number Thirteen" by Larry G. Alexander @ Yesterday at 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By Steve ChandlerOriginally Posted By Larry G. AlexanderThe title line is incorrect. This is my "Organ Showcase Number Sixteen". So it's not your unlucky organ showcase, that's good to know. This is a fun romp. Thank yo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

Variation 3 has been uploaded. http://nhpianos.com/diabelli-variation-3/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by itsfreakingmeout @ Yesterday at 08:24 AM

Your supposed to sit in front of the C. I lean forward slightly before I play to make sure I can easily spread my arms and hands up and down the keyboard
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P22 vs Yamaha M3 by violarules @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

I teach music in public schools and am split between three schools (I teach Strings only). In one of my schools, I have a P22 that was "original equipment", bought when the school was built in the mid-1980's. In the other two schools I have
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by TimR @ Yesterday at 08:05 AM

Originally Posted By laguna_greg Originally Posted By TimR Where i disagree with you is in the idea that the majority of music is learned that way. Piano students are a small subset of musicians. Well, then we do disagree. To begin with, pian
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: High end piano suggestions by Ottawa58 @ Yesterday at 08:04 AM

For keyboard feel, I like the Kawai slabs; for piano sound quality I prefer Pianoteq and Ravenscroft to built-in sounds; and for pure all-round flexibility and tailoring I like the new Kronos K2-88. I'm waiting around for the next iteration of the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by outo @ Yesterday at 08:00 AM

I tend to sit more into the right, centered around the E...
Page 15 of 28 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 27 28 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kenya burns stockpile of ivory
by accordeur
04/30/16 01:43 PM
Was Rachmaninoff a spy?
by JoelW
04/30/16 01:22 PM
Still working on those Ii-V-I combinations!
by Vanacari
04/30/16 01:20 PM
Settling in your new piano
by Beemer
04/30/16 01:14 PM
Dave Frank/Pat Martino Master Class in Philly 5/22
by Dfrankjazz
04/30/16 12:39 PM
Forum Stats
83,463 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,312 Topics
2,520,001 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission