Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
67 registered (alwatson, Alexander Borro, barbaram, 20 invisible), 969 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: No line-in input: recording question by Stephano @ 06/25/16 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By DeskDesignYou could go for a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, or Steinberg UR22. Why? Just read some of the reviews. Cheap = cheap, there's no way around it. About hearing the sound through the laptop; I'm just not sure how this works be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are Weber & Young Chong the same piano? Opinion by terminaldegree @ 06/25/16 12:14 PM

Some regular Webers can be outfitted with them, too, Carey. Got to try one at NAMM this year. Have you had the chance to try an AW piano?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: question on piano exercise ands learning by Nahum @ 06/25/16 12:11 PM

Can formulate it in this way: student sitting near the instrument and explores the music being played, and the process of its performance. Indications of progress: the student finishes the session with a solid feeling that began to better understand
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does your teaching "end"? by Gary D. @ 06/25/16 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By Peter K. MoseIOW, does your studio adhere to a 9-month-or-so academic year? Mine does, and I taught my last lesson today - yahoo! Year-round teaching would be better for the piano skills of my students, and for my wallet, but I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Perth Australia - any other adult learners here? by UnderConstruction @ 06/25/16 11:58 AM

Ihana and Golden Wattle and R0B... thats three. KurtZ Feb 2017, so maybe the inaugural Perth pianoworld party?
Jump to new posts Re: No line-in input: recording question by DeskDesign @ 06/25/16 11:56 AM

You could go for a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, or Steinberg UR22. Why? Just read some of the reviews. Cheap = cheap, there's no way around it. About hearing the sound through the laptop; I'm just not sure how this works because I'm not a laptop user. So
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V Grand by Jherriott @ 06/25/16 11:49 AM

joe80, I feel your pain. I am shocked about Brexit... so sorry. These cracks are bad. And they are in an area with considerable stress. The very old Bechsteins seem to have this reoccurring flaw where some type of rotational torque stresses the pla
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don has a go on the piano by INBoston @ 06/25/16 11:44 AM

Wow! "Played a bit as a kid" lol
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by INBoston @ 06/25/16 11:42 AM

Yesterday I sat down and played one scale. That's it. 2-3 min tops Excuse? None really, other than it was hubby's birthday, daughter had a fever, and I just did not have the time or the energy. I believe I made up for it somewhat this morning though
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Nerves and reading errors by prout @ 06/25/16 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By ee375I have been considering designing a wireless page turner that can be worn like a Bluetooth headset. This would be easier to use than a foot pedal and frees both feet for normal piano pedal operations. Something like this: T
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By terminaldegreeHi Kurt, I think your information is a little out of date now, though I certainly remember the brand lineup being the way you explain it at one point, at least in the US market. Have you actually tried/seen an AW?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V by BDB @ 06/25/16 11:33 AM

Somewhere in the past, there have been topics about these cracks appearing in Bechsteins of this vintage. They were probably due to impurities in the metal or improper cooling. They probably have little effect on the strength of the plate, as most pl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Concerto for piano and strings orchestra by Pathbreaker @ 06/25/16 11:31 AM

Mendelssohn-Concerto in a minor for Piano and Strings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRp3t9xygjM
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Nerves and reading errors by ee375 @ 06/25/16 11:30 AM

I have been considering designing a wireless page turner that can be worn like a Bluetooth headset. This would be easier to use than a foot pedal and frees both feet for normal piano pedal operations. Something like this: The user would shake his/he
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V by Jherriott @ 06/25/16 11:26 AM

My apologies about not posting pics. These cracks are bad. And they are in an area with considerable stress. The very old Bechsteins seem to have this reoccurring flaw where some type of rotational torque stresses the plate frame and pin block in
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone own the Roland HP603? by Jay Roland @ 06/25/16 11:19 AM

Congrats and Thank you Noonie! Make sure you register your purchase with us at Roland Canada... http://rolandforms.ca/register-your-product/ Also, chances are your piano will be on an older firmware version. Here is the link to the firmware 1.09
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Plate Frame cracks on old Bechstein by Jherriott @ 06/25/16 11:10 AM

The Death knell...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V by joe80 @ 06/25/16 11:08 AM

It's fairly common depending on where the crack is, it can be repaired using a technique called cold stitch welding. I've seen it done now on a few pianos, and it seems to work. Whether or not it holds over time I've no idea, but it seems to work.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: June Piano Bar by Jen Weir @ 06/25/16 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By Riddler Jen, a lovely performance, highly listenable, very soothing, and professionally played. Ed Thanks very much! I just realized I missed your piece, so I went back to find the link for "Sunny". That's great pl
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does your teaching "end"? by pianoMom2006 @ 06/25/16 11:01 AM

Just to add, my son is I suppose what you would call a serious student and we would be concerned about him not having lessons for so long. We would be very tempted to find someone to fill the gap and if that teacher offered year round lessons, it wo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Determining Best Fingering for a Piece by Greener @ 06/25/16 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By Cobra1365So, when you are learning a new piece, what tips/tricks do you use to determine the best fingering? ... do you just do what is comfortable? I thought this was the best answer. That, and focusing and listening to the sou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to play Rachmaninoff by cathryn999 @ 06/25/16 10:55 AM

@Fugue14 haha that would be me, and @WhoDwaldi, Bravo! Thanks for the laugh :-)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V by look_alive @ 06/25/16 10:52 AM

I'm curious how a cracked plate is repaired, how long it would last, and how it would affect the sound. I would personally be terrified to spend the amount of money needed for a full rebuild to end up with a piano with a cracked plate that's been rep
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by casinitaly @ 06/25/16 10:52 AM

We're glad to help! Have a safe flight and enjoy your time in Italy before you hit Milano!
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by cathryn999 @ 06/25/16 10:48 AM

Thanks for all your great advice and tips (and organising)! It's 12 hours till my first flight and I can't sleep!
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Polishing Capstans and Keypins w/ Brasso Really Necessary?
by Musicdude
06/27/16 06:33 AM
Young Chang piano
by Wout
06/27/16 05:46 AM
Speakers amd Software (noob)
by Noonie
06/27/16 05:21 AM
Headphone socket switch - tired of pulling it out...
by Brian-YamahaP45
06/27/16 04:24 AM
Walking, counting and execution of swing time.
by Nahum
06/27/16 02:50 AM
Forum Stats
84,124 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,592 Topics
2,536,712 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission