Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
60 registered (Adelheid, alerique, alwatson, AZNpiano, augustm, 13 invisible), 1402 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Pocomoto @ 09/28/16 03:02 PM

I pretty much assumed that Kawai set up the 'normal' touch curve to give the most natural representation of their grand pianos, but a clear lack of sensitivity starts to plague the sensors after 80. My biggest issue with light as that because of the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music for 20th Century Songs by dogperson @ 09/28/16 02:54 PM

I'm not sure of your level when you are not looking for not 'simple stuff'... but the Earl Wilde transcriptions of Gershwin are wonderful and very substantial They are published as 'Etudes' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOnDPCTegx8 https://ww
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Metronome Recommendations by JohnSprung @ 09/28/16 02:53 PM

A neat trick is to use a phone app playing into a Bluetooth earpiece. You can hear it, but nobody else can. You can record a clean track while hearing the clicks that way.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music for 20th Century Songs by JohnSprung @ 09/28/16 02:46 PM

Google "Dan Coates" for more substantial arrangements of GAS tunes. For public domain (1922 and older), google "Lester S. Levy". The Levy collection is hosted at Johns Hopkins, they have downloadable PDF's of much of the PD mat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult Practice Help by ajames @ 09/28/16 02:45 PM

The power of habit is strong- make it work for you! Pick a time where you sit down every day, and before you know it, you'll look forward to it.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Look at my homepage by David Boyce @ 09/28/16 02:42 PM

Some years ago I obtained a book of four-hands Gottschalk sheet music for two two retired friends who got together once a week to play duets. I forget whence I obtained it!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult Practice Help by Schubertian @ 09/28/16 02:39 PM

I won't add my voice to the chorus of scolds because I'm sure you know we are right - we are always right! - but still: no point in taking lessons if you don't practice. My thought is that it may be sufficient, for now, to just log some bench time -
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz melodica - tutorial by Nahum @ 09/28/16 02:35 PM

Start improvising There are plenty of various manuals and self-teaching books for studying jazz harmony, improvisation in jazz style, blues, country etc. Some of them are very basic and primitive, and some are on a high academic level. But all are b
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Old Steinway upright- double flanges- question by Nathan Monteleone @ 09/28/16 02:32 PM

In the US at least you can get them from Schaff...
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha NU-1 questions by spanishbuddha @ 09/28/16 02:27 PM

OK so I have an NU1, nearly four years now, and I have a (free) extended warranty for 5 years, and intend to call Yamaha out before those 5 years are up to service it, regulate the action and upgrade the firmware. The action does not NEED regulating
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha NU-1 questions by peterws @ 09/28/16 02:23 PM

Can`t help with most of your queries unfortunately. But I believe earlier NU1s had some issues (enough to put me off buying one ) which have been resolved on later models. The shop model is most likely an earlier one. Might well come up for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Novice question by Qazsedcft @ 09/28/16 02:23 PM

That piece is really simple. It's just a melody with some chord accompaniment. I think it could be done much earlier than 2 years, but it all depends of course.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by Gary D. @ 09/28/16 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By Gary D. As a teacher I am pretty much stuck with second rate arrangements of very good tunes, and I can't legally arrange them myself, to make something that works better. T
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Bambers @ 09/28/16 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacPocomoto: Nice catch in finding the "hidden" hi-vel samples. Are you saying that the uppermost sample set CAN be reached, but only on the LIGHT setting, and only then when using hammer-fisted technique? If th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by Gary D. @ 09/28/16 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By Gary D. As a teacher I am pretty much stuck with second rate arrangements of very good tunes, and I can't legally arrange them myself, to make something that works better. The copyright status of pl
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Jeff ClefThe first time I read this... "...the keys will be different because Hanon's pattern uses only 5 fingers..." ...I thought the poster might be a person with a mutation which had gifted him or her with a sixth
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by Gary D. @ 09/28/16 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By Gary D.As a teacher I am pretty much stuck with second rate arrangements of very good tunes, and I can't legally arrange them myself, to make something that works better. Theoretically true, but in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What song is this? by Qazsedcft @ 09/28/16 02:09 PM

Yes it sounds like an improv rather than a specific composition.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Hamburg Steinway by James Guo @ 09/28/16 02:06 PM

Oh, why is that? Because of some of the clauses?
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Pocomoto @ 09/28/16 02:06 PM

The uppermost velocity layer cannot be reached on 'normal' or 'light' setting by normally playing the CA67 it can only be reached at 'light+' setting. It is not really an exact science what is ff, fff or ffff but the characteristics of the sound rec
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about VAT by James Guo @ 09/28/16 01:59 PM

Hi, thank you so much for your prompt reply! So do I claim my VAT when leave Germany or I claim my VAT after I get back to US through the American government?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Arghhh @ 09/28/16 01:55 PM

This thread is so long, so it's quite possible what I'm looking for is already written above. So sorry! For those of you who moved from PA Accelerated into PA 3A, how did you find the transition? Was there much overlap of concepts, or was it good
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weird change in action by OrgantoPiano @ 09/28/16 01:42 PM

I wonder if the action was rebuilt and regulated to be a bit more stout (probably a bad descriptive term) because it's a public instrument and will be played a lot and possibly abused? When I was a student at Westminster Choir College, the main recit
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by 9190 @ 09/28/16 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By Willem63Is wav or mp3 recording restricted to the internal piano sounds? Hello Willem. From the Manual, page 55: "The audio recorder will only record sounds produced by the instrument. Devices connected via the LINE IN jacks
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Sheet music for 20th Century Songs by DiarmuidD @ 09/28/16 01:35 PM

Hi all, I've played classical music virtually all my life and am now looking to get a bit of popular repertoire. I'm interested in things like Gershwin songs, Cole Porter etc The great American songbook type of stuff. Since there are so many collect
Page 15 of 19 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Practicing: memorizing or reading sheet?
by Adelheid
09/30/16 04:58 AM
Semi-OT: Piano store owner's story of getting stiffed
by Mark_C
09/30/16 12:43 AM
Considering Yamaha CP 300
by dmd
09/29/16 11:53 PM
Ritmuller GH212R's difference from smaller size grand ?
by pianoforte365
09/29/16 11:39 PM
casio vs korg for realistic sound
by Bolster
09/29/16 10:00 PM
Forum Stats
85,111 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,427 Topics
2,559,167 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission