Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
124 registered (accordeur, Alexander Borro, AnastasiaT, anotherscott, AllanH, Andre campana, 24 invisible), 1459 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by malkin @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

I attended my daughter's medical school graduation today and bumped my lessons to 1 hour!
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm curious about this religious orientation. I'm aware of a Christian denomination that does not use instruments in their services, but they were fine with vocal music. Instrumental music was ok too, but just not in church.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: John Thompson's Modern Course by malkin @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By TheGift I'm trying to take it slow and I am resisting the urge to color in the pictures! Why resist?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Using VPC-1 with Pianoteq? by newbert @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenThere's a Pianoteq user forum -- free registration. It has quite a few VPC-1 owners. Aha, I forgot about that user's forum. Thanks for the reminder -- I'll check it out!
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Using VPC-1 with Pianoteq? by newbert @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By rnapleI've used the trial version of Pianoteq on my VPC. 1... I used the built in curve. Also set the curve in Pianoteq by playing. That will set it to your personal touch. <snip> Thanks for the info, rnaple. Now y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is "Playing by ear"? by ChazG @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

I agree that playing piano by ear is when you listen to a song and play it instantly without any sheet music. I have learned to play a few songs by ear but still need to develop the confidence to really play all genres of music. In my research of
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A thought about having 2 different lessons by Jytte @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

On the longer vs split lessons issue.... Would it not always be a better option to have 2 lessons per week, rather than one long one? (From a student's point of view.) Seems to me, that if I have a question on my lesson/piece, a week is an awful lon
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By 8 Octaves...I would not choose this piece as it took me more than 5-6 weeks to learn it...I don't think the time spent learning a piece has anything to do with whether or not it should be chosen. A performance isn't judged on how
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By dewsterNot an attack on Jay, just some constructive criticism to Roland: 1. We could have had another octave of keys on the bass end but no, Roland stuck the stick there, like they ALWAYS do. Why not place it up in the wheel sec
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by gooddog @ Yesterday at 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By Cinnamonbear Still, perhaps this one from Villa-Lobos meets your criteria, as you seem youthful, eager, and energetic : That was one of Rubinstein's frequent encores.
Jump to new posts Re: 'More piano' under a grand by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscott... Some of the models you listed are pretty bare bones as it is. But for most piano at lowest cost, you could get something like a PX-150 or P-35, and drive a high quality software piano in your computer, assuming yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diane Hidy - 10 tips for teaching piano to adults by tbonesays @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By JytteWould seem the author offered her own reasoning: "Even if they say they will, they won't practice anything you give them unless they like it. " "It takes an adult longer to learn new physical skills than a ch
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Using VPC-1 with Pianoteq? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

There's a Pianoteq user forum -- free registration. It has quite a few VPC-1 owners.
Jump to new posts Re: How long to wear out a DP ? by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMac Jay, how many repairs were done on those HP's? To my knowledge, they have had a few touch ups of the action lube, but no contact failures so far at all. I am working to get the newer series into that school now. Give
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Greener @ Yesterday at 07:01 PM

dire tonic Alexander Borro Valencia casinitaly PianoStudent88 Jytte Greener
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By Francisco ScalcoOriginally Posted By BruceDAny piece that I would play as an encore would be a piece that I have had in my repertoire for a long time, not one that I had just learned. While some might not appreciate any differen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a recently designed 9 8 grand piano by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By MarkarianCan someone please talk me out of buying one? I know it's useless and kitschy, but it's so adorkable I just... Then there's this to consider. http://youtu.be/1BPn_2pJVjE
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whispers - idea for an ear-training game for ABF by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By Jytte Oh, what the heck, I'll just hope it lands over the weekend Good for you, Jytte! PS88, really pleased to see you there also! keystring, I hope you'll add your name too? I don't think this is difficult. Most of the wor
Adult Beginners Forum
Would seem the author offered her own reasoning: "Even if they say they will, they won't practice anything you give them unless they like it. " "It takes an adult longer to learn new physical skills than a child. They need sure-fire m
Adult Beginners Forum
dire tonic Alexander Borro Valencia casinitaly PianoStudent88 Jytte
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diane Hidy - 10 tips for teaching piano to adults by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 06:26 PM

What I dislike about the list is that it doesn't explain what, if anything, is different about adults from children that leads to it being a good idea to teach adults differently. It also doesn't make clear which suggestions are good for both childr
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By JytteWell, 8 bars RH only seems doable in a day. Only, not when you're already stressed for time. I'll sit this one out, although I'm sorely tempted But I'll follow with interest. Maybe another tim
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf9036. WimPiano - Op. 68 Album for the Young No. 16 - Erster Verlust This is a deceptively difficult piece and many people in the 40 piece challenge thread are finding similar parallels in their own 'easy' choices. Your achiev
Adult Beginners Forum
Where I'm from (Denmark), somebody said to speak 'Chinese' simply meant it wasn't understood, the reasoning being that China was a country so far away, and so linguistically remote from our own language, that most people wouldn't understand a word of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song from my youth by Albunea @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

hahaha I know the song but not getting it myself. I will keep humming and maybe I remember the title or the group. Edit: Oh yes, it's that one haha no group. It's Richard Clayderman, the one they said before.
Page 15 of 30 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Messian "La colombe"
by Eric NYC
36 minutes 15 seconds ago
Charles Walter - Recent Pricing
by gte937k
Today at 02:08 PM
Advice on used piano for my daughter
by AnastasiaT
Today at 01:42 PM
Key Sensitivity/Dynamics
by Mace
Today at 12:15 PM
Looking to buy a small amp.
by Finfan
Today at 11:59 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,397 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,304 Topics
2,409,966 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission