Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
117 registered (barbaram, anamnesis, augustm, ando, 29 invisible), 1912 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scale Design by 8 Octaves @ 12/03/16 04:57 PM

According to the US Patent office, a patent lasts 20 years. It is complicated by international trade rules and other things, but Steinway generally has no claim on their patents. Has Steinway even submitted a single patent in the last 20 years? It
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by peterws @ 12/03/16 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI tried it but the piano is bigger than the window. All goes to prove how versatile digitals can be . . . . .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the best size for me? by 8 Octaves @ 12/03/16 04:39 PM

All modern pianos are too loud for the home. When I went from a 5'3" grand to a much better quality 6' grand, the latter was actually less loud. That's because the better the piano, the more dynamic range it has, and the more you could control
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P70 - tech/troubleshooting help by Gombessa @ 12/03/16 04:37 PM

Glad to hear you figured it out and fixed it! Bravo!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tune an autoharp? by David Boyce @ 12/03/16 04:37 PM

This thread has reminded me that many years ago I tuned some kind of autoharp-like device, maybe an 'Omnichord', using what's called a Star clock key. A Star clock key has various size diameters of clock key radiating our from a central hub. Whatev
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by Albunea @ 12/03/16 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By LXXXVIIIdentes Absolutely phenomenal - but I could not bring myself to practice afterward. I can't compete with that! I can't compete with this one: How are you feeling, Phillip?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Adam107 @ 12/03/16 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDXGreetings and welcome Adam107! The core books for 3A and 3B are separate levels in Faber Piano Adventures, much like Levels 1, 2, 4 and 5. You will start and completely finish all 4 core books in Level 3A, before proceed
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Survey for a School Project by Hendrik42 @ 12/03/16 04:21 PM

Being a beginner, I still find it amazing how much cognitive capacity I have to spend on the playing. I am better now, but at the beginning I do not thing I had space cycles to listen to myself :-) Had nothing to do with the sound...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Right index knuckle issue by Albunea @ 12/03/16 04:20 PM

The videos are interesting indeed, but I can curve the straight fingers or straighten the curved, depending which pushes the most.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the best size for me? by Nelsthepianoplayer @ 12/03/16 04:19 PM

I have my 7'4" in an 11 x 11 room. The above formula suggests a 4'4" baby grand (is there such a thing?). My piano doesn't sound TOO loud, perhaps because the room has two arches opening to the living room and to a hall with carpet on the
Jump to new posts Re: PHA-50 vs RHIII and RM3 Grand II by Hendrik42 @ 12/03/16 04:18 PM

Make sure you take your own headphones, most shops do not have really good headphones to lend and the acoustics are often not optimal. You'll probably have no issues to feel the differences in action if you already play. Play something which require
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: walk don't run video by Charles Cohen @ 12/03/16 04:14 PM

FWIW -- If you Google: . . . walk don't run ventures lead sheet you'll find some free (and some paid) piano arrangements, guitar tablatures, and lead sheets. Those might give you a running start to learning the piece.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-7 - Worth Repairing? by Charles Cohen @ 12/03/16 04:04 PM

To be fair to Roland, this kind of problem could happen to _any_ 8-year-old circuit board. If you think Roland's service center's repair-cost estimate is out of line (and I agree that it's a lot of money), find a local musical-instrument repair sh
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tune an autoharp? by Charles Cohen @ 12/03/16 03:58 PM

Quote: . . . But also you talk a lot about hammer technique and stability, and I wondered if it mattered here. It is a pinblock after all. That wrench is tiny and didn't give me a lot of control, too easy to overshoot. PMFJI / FWIW / I never tune
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scale Design by Pneuma @ 12/03/16 03:43 PM

Thank you all for your inputs to fill my curiosity. I am not in piano or any music-related business. I am just someone who has lots of curiosity :-)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Survey for a School Project by Corvus @ 12/03/16 03:37 PM

I completed the survey, hoping to help get the OP to his minimum 100 responses. However, I didn't think I had much useful input to provide. The only times I've worried about hearing myself while practicing are when my mom decides to vacuum at the sam
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tune an autoharp? by DavidWB @ 12/03/16 03:36 PM

I couldn't remember but I found this image that gives what I guess is a representative set: https://www.google.com/search?q=autoharp+chords&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&imgil=25dZsAJnEd-QnM%253A%253BO3Jg9bs0jOVtVM%253Bhttps%25253A%2
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
The fingers, wrists and arms pianist have a certain shape and thickness, and their movements are have a certain configuration in different playing situations . However, all these data are not constant: they change in the same pianist from periods of
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By OriPianolovoverus, The premium paid for the rosewood finish is not likely to be recuperated upon resale. Most people want black...and many of those that want or are OK with wood finishes won't pay
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Our own BDB - in PHILLY! by Corvus @ 12/03/16 03:02 PM

Looks a lot like Dave Brubeck. There was some great footage of him in a BBC documentary I watched last week—"1959: The Year That Changed Jazz." It's available here: https://vimeo.com/149802877
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Bellicapelli @ 12/03/16 02:55 PM

Bravo to Kawai, if they're working on it. I'm wondering if they will bother researching and adjusting ( if present) the same behaviour even on older models, as my ca63,where i *think* i canbhear it too.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Generic Issues 1998 Baldwin R? by BillM @ 12/03/16 02:53 PM

Retsacnal and Rickster - thanks for you responses - I appreciate your input.
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tune an autoharp? by BDB @ 12/03/16 02:52 PM

As I recall, autoharps are not chromatic, so equal temperament is not necessary, but I do not remember which keys they play in so I cannot remember which intervals should be favored.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Our own BDB - in PHILLY! by phantomFive @ 12/03/16 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalOriginally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By BDBRickster mentioned the other picture. It is still around here, and features me with someone I have to say was a bit better known than Rich Galassini: But I actual
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Our own BDB - in PHILLY! by BDB @ 12/03/16 02:45 PM

Actually, he was not handing me a check. We were just shaking hands.
Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha DGX 660 or Casio PX860 or Something Else?
by ttDivine
12/05/16 11:32 AM
Yamaha Ydp 131 sound problem (interference)
by Marko_J
12/05/16 11:16 AM
Last day for N.I. Una Corda half price sale ($74.50)
by brooster
12/05/16 09:25 AM
Trills
by johan d
12/05/16 04:19 AM
New Teacher?
by ~Ryan
12/04/16 10:50 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,773 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,801 Topics
2,576,336 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission