Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
127 registered (accordeur, 36251, Adypiano, 39 invisible), 1862 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by Bob @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

Do not put money down on a piano sight unseen...especially if you already have an idea of the type of sound you prefer.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: gooddog Originally Posted By: careyDeborah - THIS IS FASCINATING !! And it explains a lot.... Thanks for sharing !! How interesting that my top students are almost always musicians. BINGO !!!!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway k-52 by Almaviva @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

Ed, I was under the impression that the studio-size Steinway vertical models had tuning problems, but I wasn't aware that the big Steinway verticals had problems as well. My piano teacher had a Steinway K-52, and I didn't notice anything wrong with
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Moving abroad with a digital by bjorn of brekkukot @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

Thank you—yes I neglected the fact that the Roland has inbuilt sounds. I am sure I could find a digital in Hong Kong. The problem is that I will be traveling elsewhere for a couple weeks at a time, so I wanted something I could take along. I've d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway k-52 by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTBDB, So if a piano has a defect that a customer doesn't notice, you never inform them of it? Even if it is bad enough to affect resale value? So after you tune a K52 with a bad treble and the owner complains abo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: terminaldegreeWait - you're going to select a piano based on online recordings? Really?? I echo terminaldegree's disbelief! Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by neuralfirings @ Yesterday at 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90Chopin may tell a story but the Baroque writing is one prevailing mood, one 'affekt', one emotion. No story. Bach takes a thematic idea and turns it upside down, back to front, augments it, contracts it, and maintains the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by neuralfirings @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoOriginally Posted By: neuralfirings 2) I don't really understand what this piece is about. When I play other pieces, a story usually pops into my head. Sometimes it's a memory, sometimes it's an emotion. When I play Bac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have a burglar step on his grand piano? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:26 PM

I have had hard-wired alarm systems in both the US and Canada, and it seems to me that "in this day and age" (as they say), one is asking for trouble by not having a system, particularly if one is absent from home for extended periods of ti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You probably already knew this but it's gratifying by gooddog @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: careyDeborah - THIS IS FASCINATING !! And it explains a lot.... Thanks for sharing !! How interesting that my top students are almost always musicians.
Pianist Corner
Deborah - THIS IS FASCINATING !! And it explains a lot.... Thanks for sharing !!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Loose hammer heads: test! by A454.7 @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

When hammer heads are loose (i.e., the two wooden surfaces significantly detached from one another) an audible click is easily heard at the keyboard during performance, especially when playing pianissimo. As a follow-up, technicians often attempt to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

I don't disagree that an institution of learning is an ideal place. That is its purpose after all. But, as Jim pointed out, articulating methodology as well as, in my view, defining a control to compare against the test subject is everything. In m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by neuralfirings @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist Originally Posted By: neuralfirings- Anything surprised you during the past five days? (themes you've missed before, a surprise dark horse sonata that you now like more/dislike more) Beethoven always has something n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have a burglar step on his grand piano? by Carbonblob @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Swampwiz, Really sad to hear, I know what its like. Like you, cleaned out twice while living in Hollywood. Glad the piano is intact and you're taking measures. If only we citizens were allowed to rig a shotgun to the doorknob, I would have no proble
Jump to new posts Re: Using a headphone make me feel a bit dizzy by Peter071 @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

Hello Ian, No, it is a Kurzwell Micro Ensemble. Peter
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by neuralfirings @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: verqueueOriginally Posted By: neuralfirings I practiced last night and realized I actually don't understand your advice. Sorry, but what do you mean articulation to ALL voices? Do you mean articulating all voices at the same tim
Jump to new posts Re: Using a headphone make me feel a bit dizzy by Beemer @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

Hello Peter, Are you using the Kurzweil MicroPiano? Is there a pseudo stereo setting that alternates left/right sound that results in a horrible warbling. Ian (Kurzweil K1200 Pro user)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: CarlosCCWhat instrument is she playing...? I believe this is a new instrument call a Hang developed by the Swiss maker Panart Hang. There also seem to be a variant call the Handpan. They seem to be instruments related to the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suites recital - fifth batch by carey @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Tim Adrianson My introduction to de Severac occurred some 40 years ago, when I purchased an album from Musical Heritage Society (remember them?) entitled "The French Piano School -- from D'Indy to Roussel". Of the six
Jump to new posts Re: Best Headphone for CLP-585 by Beemer @ Yesterday at 01:05 PM

Maybe if you had replied to the replies sooner we would have a clue as to your requirement? We could go on and on describing many brands but many might be irrelevant if they are too expensive for your requirement. Have you tried any headphones? Ia
Adult Beginners Forum
In practice, most teachers will try to accommodate the occasional need to reschedule, especially if given enough lead time. However, there's always someone who will abuse this, and the no cancellation policy is a fall-back to protect them. This is
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert D 784 by Hakki @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

Can, both your Liszt Ballade and Schubert Sonata are superb. I can only say that I would prefer a lighter playing for the Mendelssohn. Congratulations on your placing at the competition!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Five Pianos and One Decision by Norbert @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

Quote: You're english is very good. It's not perfect but it's clearly written and easily understandable. It's a long way from "sucks". You should be proud of your efforts to learn it. P.S. me too... Norbert
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by ando @ Yesterday at 12:55 PM

Couldn't you take a trip down to Hamburg or Bremen or somewhere like that? They have a lot more range in Germany.
Page 15 of 26 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 26 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
C. Bechstein M-180 made for American climate?
by Twindad
11/23/14 01:42 PM
what's the best price for a ritmuller 188r?
by zhengy4
11/23/14 01:11 PM
Can twisting bass strings make them brighter in sound
by Silverwood Pianos
11/23/14 12:36 PM
Kawai CA95 - Any Firmware Updates
by McBuster
11/23/14 10:45 AM
Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C?
by Pover
11/23/14 09:54 AM
Forum Stats
77013 Members
42 Forums
159292 Topics
2339957 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission