Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Beginner inspired around here - playing some Bach by tuncay @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Hi everyone, I was 28 years old last September when I finally decided to realize a dream I was scared of : playing the piano. It was mostly inspirations from people and this forum where I thought I can still do this despite not having the chance e
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Advice about scales by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: leodvOh , Guess I will have to start from the beginning .. thanks man that was pretty helpful.. It will be faster this time, don't worry
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

I've made use of recalling during my performances what my professor told me about not thinking about previous mistakes. It was in his voice instead of mine too.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: PianoTeq typical configuration at home/studio by lolatu @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

My set-up: Code: PC / Pianoteq <-[USB]--> UR22 Audio interface ---[Line]--> CA95 --> Headphones ^ <--[MIDI]--> | --
Piano Forum
Lots of urban legends being perpetrated... Find the retail price of the smallest piano in the line, divide by at least 2, and that is what the manufacture can build the piano for AND make a profit. Production costs will vary by manufacture, but the
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Advice - Digital Keys/Piano for Worship Band by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

Since you don't need speakers, I would say that the sound and features of a Kurzweil SP4-8 are way ahead of the PX-350. However, the Casio action is better, and is a lot easier to move around (24 lbs, vs. 39 lbs for the Kurz). I think the Kurz is o
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Have you tried to record the beats with something like Audacity in order to tag it with an accurate beat rate?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, here I go! Deep breath....Brahms 118/2 by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Given the comments in your opening post on this thread, I understand that it takes considerable bravery to expose yourself to the public in this fashion. For that, I commend you. I could, as I often do, make lots of comments on details, both musica
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by bennevis @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

I believe I'm in touch with my inner karma - at least, that's what those monks in Tengboche monastery blowing their long Tibetan horns told me last time I was there - so I'm at peace with myself. Peace, man.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Steinway Class Action Settlement by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Yesterday a notice of proposed settlement of the class action suit against Steinway Musical Instruments came by mail. The "Background of the Transaction" section made for some interesting reading. Samick was in a no lose position. They cou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

"inner game books"? "tool making"? "self chat"? What are we talking about here, and how does it relate to piano performance? Regards,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "B" Purchase Question by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

PD4, One of the things which can be helpful about pricing, in a general way, is "A&D Piano Buyer" by Larry Fine. You can find the free, online version at: http://www.pianobuyer.com/ It has several articles on pricing of both new and
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, here I go! Deep breath....Brahms 118/2 by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

Great job. I played this piece 2 years ago and regret not making a final video. I have a practice video which made me realize that opening section came out too loud (you do not have problem. Your opening is very graceful) and I realized that I did n
Good thoughts all around, but it seems like our budget keeps coming back to the PX-350 or PX-5S. We don't need the speakers, so the preference would be the PX-5S, but I can't find one for as cheap as the PX-350. I did find a Kurzweil SP4-8 for $8
Jump to new posts Re: How long d'ya keep your piano? by lolatu @ Yesterday at 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisWhen I buy something, it's with the intention of keeping it for life. Yes, it's old-fashioned in today's throw-away culture where everything is obsolete the day after you buy it, but that's the way I was brought up (and
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: PianoStudent88I wonder if you have reacted by trying to make bargains with the universe. Along the lines of "If I work like an exceptional student, then I will get to keep this wonderful piano teacher I have found."
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "B" Purchase Question by PianoDad4 @ Yesterday at 12:55 PM

Thanks Marty - Can a technician help me on pricing? I guess when I buy a used car I can look at blue book and the mileage and the condition of a car. Here I feel like I not the slightest clue as to whether or not I'm getting a decent deal or not.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: For Heavens Sake - Improvisation Scales by jjo @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

I'll leave the technical stuff to others, but when I play a half diminished chord, followed by an altered dominant and then landing on a major 7, I think of it as a surprise. You ear is thinking one thing will happen, but another happens. Then, the
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning my piano with an app by Johnkie @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

Sorry Max I should have said anywhere between 11 and 1 .... the tuning levers don't yet allow for minutes
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, here I go! Deep breath....Brahms 118/2 by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Overthink it? What, me? Can't be! Seriously, though, I really oscillate between wondering if I'm overthinking or underthinking. I know there is a big gap between what I'm doing and what I ought to be doing. Sometimes that is fixed by getting ext
Jump to new posts Re: How long d'ya keep your piano? by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 12:46 PM

Until my boss makes me sell it off my sample account....then ON TO THE NEXT! Jay
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's your typing speed? by 88 Fingers Jeff @ Yesterday at 12:43 PM

I tested at one of the web-sites referenced in this thread. I came out at 66, 67 and 66 WPM -- surprised at how high the number were to be honest. I'm not sure this is a good metric for my typing skill. I think it would be more accurate to measure
Jump to new posts Re: Using a piano tilter safely by TunerJeff @ Yesterday at 12:43 PM

Dear Ya'all, When using a tilter I always slide two short pieces of 2x4 under the piano first. Takes a little lift to slide them in, as they are raising the piano off the wheels/casters. Easiest with a helper, but a quick jab with a foot can get the
Jump to new posts Re: Outdoor piano by Emmery @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

There are sprays now that are incredible Superhydrophobic coatings....Never Wet is popular and now comes as a 2 part spray paint kit and also a new single spray out recently for clothing... If the keys and their bushings were sprayed with this they
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interviewing for a piano teaching job by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: AZNpiano You can always advertise through these students and ask their parents to find you more private students. If they like you, they'll help you out. Actually, that's a very good idea. There are several very effective t
Page 15 of 35 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34 35 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
147 registered (Alex75001, Abby Pianoman, ando, anotherscott, 46 invisible), 1359 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75959 Members
42 Forums
157086 Topics
2306873 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai ES100 vs Kawai MP7
by gbitw
Today at 08:28 AM
Better Practice, Hands Together or Separate etc.
by Sionos
Today at 08:04 AM
Timing of the trill Invention no 1
by DreamOfSleeping
Today at 03:55 AM
Consolation 3 played by Paul Barton question
by briandang
Today at 01:37 AM
Toccata Boogie -- piano solo
by Axtremus
Today at 01:11 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission