Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moderators: Why was my Old Steinway Thread Deleted? by PaintedPostDave @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Careful monitoring is a subtle, sometimes not totally effective, means of discouraging cheap shots, negative comments, childish bickering, self promotion and soap box declarations. Because of it, IMHO, PW is often interesting, informative and sometim
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by doremi @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Thanks for the comments, guys! It got me reading 'remove junkware' articles such as http://www.pcworld.com/article/2141881/beat-it-bloatware-how-to-clean-the-crap-off-your-pc.html for existing comps. Also thinking about spending extra $ for the next
Jump to new posts Re: Roland sale finalized by dewster @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Woo hoo! With this shake-up and the newly focused management team, perhaps we'll finally get a music rest on the next Roland flagship stage DP! Though I'm guessing full sampling is probably still too much to ask for at this point. It is only 2014
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano player wanted... by David Farley @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

I would not take the job because I hate clams.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Another Improvisation by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano player wanted... by Brian Lucas @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: briansaddlebackOriginally Posted By: earlofmarstep 1....forge myself a clam license step 2....become a piano player step 3....get a green card (how hard could that be) Ok I'm in lol all that so you can get minimum wage hey
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by Roland The Beagle @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

We should all be so thankful that Hamelin exists - he was clearly born to play Godowsky, and if it weren't for him we wouldn't get to enjoy so many works like these. There's something very distinctive about Godowsky's counter-point - it's a unique i
Piano Forum
You can chalk up my use of the word Gestapo to my own ignorance. I thought that word was a reference to 1940's whistle blowing billy bat carrying keystone cops. After seeing the negative reaction to the use of that word I googled it and to my horror
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Brian Lucas @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneThe only reason I chose to engage this person (after my first experience with them and realizing that they are not really dispensing any knowledge) was for the sole purpose to make it clear to newcomers to the thread or
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What brand of solid string to use? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Certainly appears to have had some work over the years. Certainly encouraging. I wonder if the scale has changed in the restringing.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: faulty_Damper Expressive markings are there to help the performer hear, not necessarily perform. This is probably a remnant of the 19th-20th century where boatloads of students took to the instrument
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Opening up an old Piano by musicNow @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

About a year ago, I bought an old Ivers Pond upright which I have fixed up and enjoy playing... (It was a significant amount of work, a labor of love). About two weeks ago, I bought an even older Ivers Pond for parts. Thought some of you might get a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by carey @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: faulty_DamperLast comment about expressive markings and performance: There are many times that performers take expressive markings and overdo them to the point where the music sounds farcical. Take for example Beethoven's Op.1
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Another Improvisation by JoelW @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

Hmm.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: July Concert Program - Signup and Planning Thread by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

Good - only five to go, and the recital will be airing on Friday, if I'm correct.
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

Aside from the acoustic transmission of sound, one cannot forget that variations in the ear will color our perception. I have one ear more sensitive to hi frequency harmonics than another thanks to an MD rupturing one as a child. It can be helpful or
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: July Piano Bar and techy question by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Hello , I haven't been posting, and haven't had a chance to listen to posts because of - work . It is a new job and relearning knowlegde in a different environment is an adjustment in it's own right. But I do plan to, or hope to be, in the next
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: July Concert Program - Signup and Planning Thread by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

I also have submissions in from doctor s and Tim Adrianson!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Volume by Brian Lucas @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: TheodorNJust wondering, but is it possible that speaker volume is not the only issue for someone who wants to learn to play delicately, or over the whole dynamic range? I mean, does the Yamaha P105 have enough dynamic range (or
Jump to new posts Unusual Big Key Depth Yamaha Motif Xs7 by Ivan Jochner @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Hi guys, I bought recently Motif XS 7 and was surprised with amount of key depth it`s got. There is about 14 mm key depth when key is fully depressed to the bottom of the key bed. Is it quite normal for this model XS 7 to have such big 14 mm ke
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Butt Plate - Replacement part? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Probably, machining any alterations as needed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie Needs Help by Brian Lucas @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisI'm not sure that I'd recommend a digital for a beginner whose main interest is classical music, unless there are neighbor and/or space issues (like I have). I echo this thought. People wanting to play only classical mus
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Three-Part Invention by Ritzycat @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

I think this is a pretty good score, based off of my knowledge of score aesthetic design I'm not very good at sight reading, but I may spend a week or two on your piece and see what I can do. Have you tried Finale at all? I don't have any experie
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you identify the melody on a sheet of music? by MALDI_ToF @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Alex1Thank you all for the many good answers. I don't fully understand all of them yet because I am a beginner, but they resolve my question. The piece is John Barry's Somewhere in Time: http://www.johnbarry.org.uk/sheetmusic/s
Originally Posted By: A443 I'm saying any deformation in the speaking length is not a good idea: it causes falseness in the string's tone... ....my procedure it to push down first (i.e., since it is common for technicians to yank upwards when levell
Page 15 of 43 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 42 43 >
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
156 registered (accordeur, AmateurBob, Alex1, 88 Fingers Jeff, 44 invisible), 1811 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75506 Members
42 Forums
156138 Topics
2292843 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question about finger reach!
by Plopsy
2 minutes 5 seconds ago
OK so a 700 pound grand piano walks into my house and...
by BrianDX
19 minutes 7 seconds ago
Digital Piano Sufficient for a Newbie?
by DancerJ
38 minutes 35 seconds ago
E.Tubin - "Ballade on a theme of Mart Saar"
by Svenno
47 minutes 14 seconds ago
What key signature are you?
by Saranoya
48 minutes 3 seconds ago
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission