Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Hi Joe, I can't agree any more with you. But...if you came up with two instruments, both of which reached your technic desire (e.g. a Schimmel Konzert and a Sauter), wouldn't the characteristics still be of little importance for your choice?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Opinions on Roland F130R by Laerai @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

Has anyone tried one of these yet? I can't find a single one to try out in any local store. I'm thinking about buying one, but even YouTube videos are sparse because of how new this DP is. I would really, really appreciate if anyone has any first
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by briansaddleback @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

thanks for the clarification.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

Isaac, have you sent that film Piano Mania, with the Steinway tech Stefan Knupfer? I think of what he was doing with Alfred Brendel trying to get different qualities of tone with the unisons to suggest different instruments... All from the same piano
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Ksi @ Yesterday at 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungYou want to use a local tuner/tech with the understanding that he'll be your regular tuner if you buy the piano. Having the inspection done on your nickel means that your best interests are foremost. If the seller pa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Damon @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

Very well. Different strokes, I suppose.
Jump to new posts Re: M-Audio Oxygen 88 vs. StudioLogic Numa Compact by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Semi-weighted does not equate to piano feel. That said, some SWs are better for piano than others, and I think the Numa Compact is pretty good. I'm not sure whether or not I've played the Oxygen 88, but I've never played an M-Audio SW that I thought
Jump to new posts Re: Synthogy Ivory II Yamaha C7 Studio Grand 5 bad sound by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Yes, there's definitely something wrong with that recording - I'm hearing audio break-up every 1 second or so. Aside from that, the actual piano sound is fine to my ears. pake10, if you haven't already, download the ASIO4All audio driver and select
Jump to new posts Re: USB hub recommendations? by toddy @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

It probably shouldn't happen, but my system came to grief when I sent MIDI information and digital audio through the same address - which I think must happen if you use a hub. I ended up not only with delays but with blue screens in the end. Disaster
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: DamonI wonder what you might have said if you didn't know it came from the New Yorker. The order of events was: I read the joke; I thought it very well-written, even professionally written, for many reasons, including the parti
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: A443Yamaha pianos, for example, can last 2-3 times as long in an institutional setting before requiring a rebuild, compared to S&Ss--when properly maintained. I'm told the secret is in the resorcinol glue.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Damon @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: beet31425 For example, the way each "like" is separated by commas suggests someone who actually cares about grammar and punctuation a lot. If he cared that much, he wouldn't have used "like". I wonder w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Ksi @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

Got it, thanks for pointing that out, Turandot. I understand the idea of conflict of interest, as well as fiduciary, very well, so my plan is to ask the seller to have the piano tuned at their expense, and then we will decide whether it would be w
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by joflah @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Someone in the forums has said that digitals are harder on the hands because there is no decrease in force after letoff is passed. I can't find any information online about how much less the back force on an acoustic is after letoff, right from the k
Originally Posted By: A443 I can usually even much of that out with NSL tension. What is your process for doing so on a pre existing stringing?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: briansaddleback thanks but this meaning we need to submit a piece by 14th or declare we will do a certain piece? 'closing on aug14th' implies that we submit a recorded piece because joplin recital was open indefinitely. just su
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by joflah @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

I think the downweight is what moves the key down to but not past the letoff, and the upweight is the weight that will keep it from moving up. At any rate, I did some poking around and found this: http://www.pianosinsideout.com/action.pdf (Excerpts f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by albumblatter @ Yesterday at 07:40 PM

Here's an excellent joke for the pianists. Chopin's 4th scherzo.
Originally Posted By: gynnisIf falseness due to incorrect string bending is such a big problem, why don't the manufacturers singly terminate the strings? Space? Variation in the non-speaking length? What? Some makers do. I have to keep a single s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: casinitaly! Many happy returns of the day! by briansaddleback @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Happy Birthday Cheryl!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: WeakkyChords seem quite different, quicker, and so is the melody. The chords are the same, as mentioned. Yes, they are coming faster. Twice as fast, yes? Each chord is half as many beats. That's why. Play the same pattern in L
Jump to new posts Re: USB hub recommendations? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

- it's all beginning to make sense. I'm thinking now of trying out the Ivory American D. That would immediately put 3 items on the hub Ilok Audio interface (UR22 powered from the USB) VPC1 (self powered) Which on the face of it demands little mor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by briansaddleback @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: joturThe call for submissions will open Aug 1, and close on Aug 14th, and read the thread carefully for what time it's closing on Aug 14th Cathy thanks but this meaning we need to submit a piece by 14th or declare we will do
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by Del @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Grandman[quote=Del][quote=tdv]<Better than either of these will be the Walter 175> Del, what is different about the 175 in scale design from the 190 to make it your preference? Ten years of design experience helped. I w
If falseness due to incorrect string bending is such a big problem, why don't the manufacturers singly terminate the strings? Space? Variation in the non-speaking length? What?
Page 15 of 33 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 32 33 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
153 registered (ABC Vermonter, accordeur, 36251, anamnesis, 46 invisible), 1692 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75584 Members
42 Forums
156289 Topics
2295309 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Shostakovich and Prokofiev
by Verbum mirabilis
22 minutes 10 seconds ago
Used piano buying choices
by BrianDX
27 minutes 37 seconds ago
You & Your Piano
by DancerJ
Today at 05:12 PM
Fun etudes?
by chasingrainbows
Today at 04:41 PM
Music competitions are rife with corruption says JLWebber
by pianoloverus
Today at 02:51 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission