Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
140 registered (5pence, agraffe, alexii, AlbertoA, 31 invisible), 2390 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By jonnyboy126you guys. horowitz's carmen or the schumann toccata are NOT recital openers. True. Both the pianist and the audience would be worn out and ready to go home after either of those !! OK,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

My AOTW is was taking place today at the end of my practice session. Got my paint-brush-like one note sequences of 4-3-2-1-end on staccato on 3 up the next chord tone....in the RH fluently and moving the pattern up on chord tones 3 times, and ending
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Retailers: Close and cover pianos? by S. Phillips @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

I'm in the "closed lid" category. The pianos that I own in my inventory are an investment to me in addition to my clients. I prefer the pianos to have a fresh out of the box cleanliness to each one. Keeping lids closed and covers on them
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Haydn Sonatas by tend to rush @ Yesterday at 03:33 PM

You might consider re-posting in the Pianist Corner and/or Piano Teachers Forum. This one is really for discussions of instruments.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

I think one should work off one's rage (at the audience's coughing/talking/sneezing/sweet unwrapping/popcorn chomping - and of course, one's own inadequacy as a pianist) in the opening number: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHetvDqnkzE
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by Carey @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By jonnyboy126you guys. horowitz's carmen or the schumann toccata are NOT recital openers. True. Both the pianist and the audience would be worn out and ready to go home after either of those !!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by polo1 @ Yesterday at 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneSince you have something to gig with, and you want to use software pianos, then the VPC1 is perfect. It has a great action and nothing else! Why is your neighbor bothering you? Or is that unrelated Wait a minute... w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by 5pence @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

Hi there, well after spending a couple of weeks reading through threads etc I decided it best to not be shy and actually join up. I have spent a while playing while synths and have a in-the-box studio and have always fancied learning how to play an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's the piano in today's society??? by JDavid @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

We listen to a lot of music in our household, and have pretty eclectic tastes. Shortly after my eldest started taking piano lessons, her teacher showed her Van Cliburn on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qROema2MDI). Our daughter was 4. T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BB or Estonia 210 by Fred Riley @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

Hi Quindecima, My name is Fred Riley of Classic Pianos in Portland. I work closely with Dr. Indrek Laul. If you would like, I could ask that Dr. Lual contact you personally to discuss his L210 model design. Dr. Laul has sent another shipment of gran
Jump to new posts Re: "Best" piano sound - Kawai, Yamaha, or Roland? by polo1 @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneI get a kick out of the latest slew of threads on "best" things. This field, as many, is so subjective, that you might as well ask "who has the best opinion"? Sure if you don't know what's good and y
Jump to new posts Re: "Best" piano sound - Kawai, Yamaha, or Roland? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

I get a kick out of the latest slew of threads on "best" things. This field, as many, is so subjective, that you might as well ask "who has the best opinion"? Sure if you don't know what's good and you're just getting into it, it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by Fugue14 @ Yesterday at 03:07 PM

I think the Bach-Busoni Chaconne is the perfect opener--it's grand, dramatic, and shows off every conceivable (normal) technique.
Piano Forum
it weighs about what - 250kg or more? I would get some help moving it a little lol but unless you just drag it along, it wont do any more damage than what that hardwood floor has already had done it it most likely
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By BDBThe completely restored U1s are probably not in much different condition from this one. there you go ^^ Get some more info, and haggle who knows, you might end up with a very sweet piano - or learn a lot in the process
Piano Forum
I think what Steve meant was that this is an older piano from before Yamaha officially exported to the US, and therefore the strings are quite old. Plenty of "grey" pianos out there doing well per expectations.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by JDavid @ Yesterday at 03:00 PM

1. March by Daniel Tuerk 2. Melodic Tune by Louis Koehler 3. Andantino by Louis Koehler All of these are in Masterwork Classics Levels 1-2. Short and simple.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Haydn Sonatas by Juan Rezzuto @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

At WKMT we have started promoting our Research Project on Haydn Sonatas http://www.piano-composer-teacher-london.co.uk/haydn-sonatas Please feel free to share your thoughts. Our Piano Teachers will be eager to respond http://www.piano-composer-teache
Jump to new posts Re: Best System for Pianoteq by David Farley @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By GossIf you got a tablet or smartphone David you could use an app like Pulseway ( free) and control everything on your pc with it, from simple updates on its health to remote desktop actions Most of the time the computer is off
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An Interesting Buzz by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

And a fine example of terrible sounding bass strings or something effecting the tone!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by jonnyboy126 @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

you guys. horowitz's carmen or the schumann toccata are NOT recital openers.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Lessons Online by TimR @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By keystringI'm really mystified why we're the only ones experiencing this problem. I did a test with my adult son, who is set up in his room. My sound came to him loud and clear, and his voice came t
Pianist Corner
I seriously doubt this is authentic. If it were the media here in Poland would already be all over the story but I didn't hear or read a thing about it. To me it just looks like a photoshoped version of the known Bisson photograph.
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

Since you have something to gig with, and you want to use software pianos, then the VPC1 is perfect. It has a great action and nothing else! Why is your neighbor bothering you? Or is that unrelated
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 02:36 PM

That Bizet Carmen Horowitz Concert Variation Fantasy, or whatever it's called.
Page 15 of 26 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland RD-900...? :)
by polo1
01/18/17 05:40 PM
Physis Piano H1 Unboxing Video & 1st Impressions
by Markarian
01/18/17 05:07 PM
Help Identifying a Piece
by alexii
01/18/17 04:22 PM
Encouraging children to practice
by hello my name is
01/18/17 03:58 PM
LX-17 unable to connect via Bluetooth Midi to Piano Designer
by Falsch
01/18/17 03:52 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,284 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,843 Topics
2,589,640 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission