Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
143 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, alfredo capurso, Abby Pianoman, Amir, albumblatter, 35 invisible), 1613 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Johannes Brahms' Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 by joe80 @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

I don't agree with you that this is a proper representation of the 19th Century style. Or, more importantly, I don't think this is how Brahms would have wanted this piece played. Obviously we can't go back and ask him, but why is the tempo all over t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by Abby Pianoman @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By Just AlanDear Iophyiomis, I am astounded that you have had to return 3 MP7s and are currently awaiting your 4th. For Kawai to replace your MP7 3 times, they must have agreed that each time you had a valid problem I think it s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anything like Rocksmith for keys? by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

there is Synthesia here
Originally Posted By MacMacMac Were you to run any of these pianos on my old laptop, the latency figures would be poor on all of the pianos. Even with an upgrade/outboard sound card, the ASIO had to be set to 18 ms to eliminate crackles. So the diffe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by zillybug @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

Happy Birthday mom3gram Judy
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by jimb100 @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By BellicapelliOriginally Posted By jimb100 Are you saying that all acoustic piano's are equal? The $125,000 concert grand and the Yamaha B1? Even the $100 Craig's list spinet? What I'm hearing is that some mythical piano from Plat
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Johannes Brahms' Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

This is more properly a representation of a 19th century style of play than the two Chopin Prelude recordings. It is from a series of test recordings done at home of excerpts of various compositions to hear how they would sound. https://www.youtu
Pianist Corner
I think you linked the wrong album.
Originally Posted By emeneltonSo my impression, number 3, shows 6ms and numbers one and two are about 7ms. Am I reading it correctly? Ivory starts to become non-zero at around 7-8ms, pianoteq around 11 or 12ms. The others range in between. I have
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA97: first impression and some problems by lophiomys @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

Quote: What do you want it for? Just to get a general idea of the real world sound of the new SK samples. I will not make it to a musik store with a CA67 for another few weeks.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice about Gutting Baldwin Piano by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

Before you remove strings why not set up your electronic keyboard assembly and see if you get any complementary sounds from an undamped piano. Likely it will not be complementary but it wont hurt to take a listen before you take it completely apart.
This is surely NOT meant to be semantic.Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By ElmerJFuddLike for like isn't standard equipment. You can rely on my distancing myself from this kind of pseudo-semantic dispute. If we run tests on "s
Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By emeneltonI think it's a real good test for the internal's while these other things are not a component of your test. So I am for your test and the snapshot of what it exhibits. I think that's the w
Done. I have no actual interest in any debate about acoustics vs. digitals. I own and use both many times over. I just think the test is bogus unless the tester is willing to give an equipment list and detailed description of procedure and methods
Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddI'm going to have to call it out as not scientific, not empirical, and the results of the test should be ignored by the forum. Good luck with that!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by jotur @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

Happy birthday, mom3gram! Cathy
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Crazy recordings by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiRecently, Members Recordings forum is being populated with these. I hope moderators take action soon. And I find Michael Sayers's efforts (that's who you're talking about obviously) to be interesting, musically informed d
I see the usual suspects are out trying to use semantics to discredit your tests. So much effort on their part in trying to maintain acoustic piano superiority in this single arena where you have demonstrated what most already intuitively know: late
Sorry, mate. No name calling or personal dispute here. No anger, only good vibes here. Just discussing the topic of the thread. Unless you are willing to offer what's been asked for, I'm going to have to call it out as not scientific, not empir
Jump to new posts Re: My VPC1 sustain pedal problem (is) history by Myon @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Hello, maybe you are interested in a similar project with a Honeywell hall-sensor shown here: http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?pid=937672#p937672
Originally Posted By emeneltonI think it's a real good test for the internal's while these other things are not a component of your test. So I am for your test and the snapshot of what it exhibits. I think that's the whole point; it's a take of just
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Crazy recordings by Hakki @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Recently, Members Recordings forum is being populated with these. I hope moderators take action soon.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Withindale I am still thinking about the spring pushing up the repetition level and the knuckle of the hammer in the nick of time before the jack arrives on its way back. Greetings, In fast repetition, the hammer doesn't
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA97: first impression and some problems by Brometeo @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneI suspect you will need to do some tweaking in the Virtual Technician section to get the effects that you desire. What is your damper resonance set at? I think that set to a lower amount will resolve your issue with the
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: temperaments and tuning - why it matters for pianists by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By alfredo capurso Hi Ed, You wrote: ..."..any third wider than 13.7 cents is "out of tune"."... I do not know for sure, really, perhaps there exist those who need irregular key/chord geometries and do not
Page 15 of 32 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 31 32 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
too funny . . .
by Michael Sayers
Today at 12:59 PM
The Kawai CA. Which road do I take?
by ADWyatt
Today at 12:30 PM
Latency on SONAR X1 LE
by EddieK
Today at 11:50 AM
Cubase 1.0.7 F and G clef, not showing at the same time
by ster100
Today at 11:43 AM
*That* chord in Chopin's prelude in e minor
by Lapinou
Today at 10:49 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,696 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,805 Topics
2,389,813 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission