Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
128 registered (agraffe, 36251, Adelheid, amadeus90, accordeur, 38 invisible), 1438 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Beemer @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

Ed, The dampers are sitting so lightly that some of the strings are sounding sympathetically. There is clearance at the sustain rod. The damper felts have significant grooves as do the hammers. My reluctance to bend the dampers wires was because
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 02:11 PM

What a great celebration moonsh1ne! My AOTH, is that after botching the 3rd movement of my sonatina in my lesson, I buckled down to some serious focussed study and have made a real leap forward in smooth playing. If I keep this up, Ana I plan to, I
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Using someones Synthogy samples by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 02:07 PM

When using the iLok manager, we don't have to log in to view or use the licences on the iLok dongle. Then I think you can ask your friend to activate the licence on your iLok dongle, and then you can use it. (Just a deduction, I have never tried) Th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Resource on Learning how to play by ear by sonhnguyen @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I did a search but couldn't find much information. Does anyone has any online resource (youtube video, site, blog, etc) that teach how to start playing by ear? Thank you in advance.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

Slow way down. Go really slow. Then stop right before the place where the mistake happens and think before playing. Be sure to repeat correctly several times and always end your practice on a correct repetition.
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

Personally, I don't understand how anyone who is a musician and especially a piano technician can't name a note as Paul described. I always could since I was a child too. I have already said that and I do it instantly as well. Whenever I go up to
Jump to new posts Waldorf blofeld by Edb123 @ Yesterday at 01:48 PM

Has anyone got one or tried one ? Are the sounds good ? Let me know your thoughts Seems like a decent little module and well priced too Cheers
Jump to new posts Using someones Synthogy samples by rychubil @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

I think about purchasing Synthogy Ivory II American Concert with iLok. My Friend is owner of Ivory Grand Pianos II. Is it possible to use his samples on my laptop through my iLok? We could exchange samples each other. Any one tried to do?
Jump to new posts Re: Hammond A-405 vs Roland AT-900 platinum edition by stringless @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Roland c-330 (and c-380) Not seen it in person, but these two specifically emulate pipe organs. The Atelier series is more of a lounge-lizard organ. http://www.roland.com/products/c-330/ Not sure on MSRP for the Classic organs, I think 330 is arou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by David Farley @ Yesterday at 01:41 PM

Try the passage with a metronome, fast, slow, in-between. I've found when I get stuck on a passage, using the metronome forces my brain to work it through correctly.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Keep making the same mistake by Adelheid @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Although I practice everyday and even zoom in on the part where I make the mistake (misplacing the one finger) and repeat and repeat, I keep on making that same mistake. My teacher tells me to try and feel the keyboard but that seems a bit abstract
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by Vid @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By JazzyMacI'm glad I found this thread! Bottom line question: Debussy class or Baroque class? I LOVE Debussy, but have a feeling the Baroque might give me a better spread of the composers? Any thoughts? Bruce covered it well.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by Docc @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Oldmancoyote (do you have coyotes in Switzerland?) - I have been told, mainly by Yamaha dealers, that I would be surprised regarding newer Yamaha and Kawai sound. Haven't heard them yet. If the piano comes from the factory bright and loud, and has to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by torquenale @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

I'm also late to the party. I've been so busy and now I'm incredibly tired, so that I try to avoid computer time outside work. The online streaming player allowed me to listen while working... a really impressive recital!! I hope I will be able to c
Adult Beginners Forum
Decided last week to try and get back some pieces I learned 20 plus years ago. Focus now on Beethoven Op. 14, No 2. Months ago when I tried this it was a complete disaster. In my mind it was gone. Retrying and having more success. Separating problem
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wanting to learn to play a little bit of EVERYTHING by peterws @ Yesterday at 12:57 PM

I reckon thats as good as it gets for now. But no harm asking for a few jazz classice to whet the appetite. .sounds like he will feed them to you in manageable chunks. Your teacher seems like a good un!
Originally Posted By dmdOriginally Posted By KridlatecListnening to their Chopin's Nocturne demo and comparing it to real recordings is enough to make all conclusions about sampled pianos) Possibilities to sing melody (to build musical phrases smooth
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by jotur @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By jotur1. . . 10 11.Softly, Good Tummas 12.The Black Nag 13.Jack's Maggot 14.The Female Saylor 15.Mad Robin 16.Courante - Mattheson 17.Zephyrs and Flora 18.Sellenger's Round 19.Honeysuckle Cottage 20.Sion House 21.Take Me Out to th
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts 20% OFF TICKETS TO GARRICK OHLSSON - MAY 26 2016 by PhilharmonicSoc @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

SPECIAL OFFER 20% OFF WITH CODE: BALLADE Garrick Ohlsson, piano THURSDAY| MAY 26 | 8PM Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall Pianist Garrick Ohlsson closes out the Philharmonic Society’s 2015-16 season with a Romantic recital program showcasin
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Beemer @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Ed, The nuts were tight and no evidence that the action bolts had been wound out. Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Wanting to learn to play a little bit of EVERYTHING by marimorimo @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

Early in my piano journey, I realized that I wanted to learn to play a little bit everything. If someone asks me "What do you want to play?" I'd answer: "Classics. And Pop. And maybe some jazz. By the way, ragtime sounds fun so I've ad
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 119 vs Schumann Op. 12 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

Are you joking or did you really think that was what I meant? I meant this: Originally Posted By CareyI'm not sure how much time you actually have to learn something new...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by Cheeto717 @ Yesterday at 12:34 PM

I won't try to answer the original question but I have observed that as far as technical challenges I find Beethoven much more awkward to play than Mozart. Of course there are big challenges in both of their music but it seems as though Beethoven alm
Originally Posted By KridlatecListnening to their Chopin's Nocturne demo and comparing it to real recordings is enough to make all conclusions about sampled pianos) Possibilities to sing melody (to build musical phrases smoothly) and also resonances,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by wr @ Yesterday at 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949And, Beethoven was deaf while still composing!!! How does that happen? Same way it can happen for composers who aren't deaf - imagine some music, and write it down.
Page 15 of 24 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
15th harmonic on a piano string
by Ricochet75
05/26/16 02:00 PM
Ragtime
by fatar760
05/26/16 12:23 PM
Should you take lessons from same teacher as your child?
by ViennaAutumn
05/26/16 10:42 AM
My upright is good enough for me
by Beemer
05/26/16 08:09 AM
Damper Spring Rail?
by Beemer
05/26/16 05:39 AM
Forum Stats
83,760 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,940 Topics
2,527,948 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission