Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
95 registered (AndrewJCW, anotherscott, a-z0-9, accordeur, ando, 34 invisible), 1025 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Until now, aural tuning means hearing the notes produced by the piano, unfiltered, unenhanced or whatever you can imagine. I adhere to this definition. If you are able to use the beats generated by the Sanderson or another beat-rater to set the bea
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland LX-15e and Yami CLP 585 by Grandman @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By Frédéric LAccording to the manual, the CLP 585 has 11 pianos : CFX Grand, Bösendorfer, Bright Grand, Mellow Grand, Ballad Grand, Warm Grand, UprightPiano, HonkyTonk Pf, Pop Grand, Jazz Grand, Rock Grand. (I don't count EPianos
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Anybody can be a ballet accompanist! by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

So I've been toying with the idea of learning how to do some basic ballet accompaniment. My teacher is a professional ballet accompanist herself and is excited about the idea. A great added advantage for me is that she's also a ballet teacher. Ab
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long for an absolute beginner to learn Für Elise? by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDX"How long would it take an absolute beginner to learn the piano skills required to learn a grade 4 piece such as Für Elise"? The answer for many folks would be: At least several years. that's precisely the poi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading application by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

Is there a rhythm component to all this?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long for an absolute beginner to learn Für Elise? by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By Some PianistOriginally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By Some PianistI have been playing piano for just about three weeks now, about one hour practice each day, and I got the first minute of Für E
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Apres une lecture du Dante by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 05:54 PM

Wonderful. I'm picking this piece up in August, thanks for posting.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 OUTPUT Jack not working by yukimister @ Yesterday at 05:44 PM

Hey Alan, That seems to be the case. So it has to be a PA for OUTPUT JACK? Like Roland CM-30 ? Which one are you using? I hope the sound is as good as headphones. I used to own Yamaha P105. the build-in speaker is horrible.
Jump to new posts Re: portable digital piano ruggedness by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 05:41 PM

I have a soft gig bag for my PX-350. It gets out of the house occasionally. I don't worry about it -- I carry its X-stand with me. That, or the PX5s, might do the job. They are about 25 pounds -- luggable, not really light.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Crocus @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

Valencia - Thanks for your response. Was really hoping your idea was going to fix things but no, that doesn't seem to be the fix. I tested it by sending the link to myself, making sure I was logged out of Box.com, then clicking on the link in my
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiring a tech to FIND a piano by Steve Peterson @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:Many piano technicians are not well versed in prices and/or relative value. Which becomes quickly evident when using a number of different techs on same piano. In fact from own experience, techs will also quickly di
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading application by bennevis @ Yesterday at 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By PerecliThis is not computer generated music. It is a sight reading learning tool. In fact it is not music at all on purpose. This is software that is the opposite of music. It is purposely made to be impossible to memorize and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Steinway 90776 by Steve Peterson @ Yesterday at 05:23 PM

Peter, Unfortunately, the odds of finding a particular piano, particularly from an era when tens of thousands of pianos were built each year, are almost nil. Given the age and the fact that it was an upright, the chances are very high the piano is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tree Through House (not mine) by Steve Peterson @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiNeighbor has a vertical gash centered in the back wall of his house, roof to foundation, with--I suspect--severe structural damage beyond the roof structure, since the deck to one side collapsed toward the house (tree bo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Two Part Inventions by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 05:17 PM

The closest analogy I can think of to describe the Two-Part Inventions is a crossword puzzle. There is an overall pattern and often a theme. Each letter (note) fits precisely with all the other letters (notes) to form the whole. Across alone (RH)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question on attitude , psychology and piano. by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 05:10 PM

Forgive me for stating the obvious: ... THERE IS SOME MUSIC WHICH IS TOO HARD FOR ME TO PLAY !!! I'll never put out a convincing performance of the Hammerklavier sonata. I'll never master a Rachmaninov concerto. I may not even get through the Gol
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Tuner, Old Pianos. by Dan Casdorph @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

Hemlock You will find that after a while you start getting retunes. These are usually much easier tunings than new customers who have pianos that have not been tuned in decades. As retunes become an increasing part of your business, your average tu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Valencia @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

Hi everyone, I've been away visiting with family so my practice routine is hit and miss but I'm trying to get to the piano every day. My recital pieces are needing much practice. Someone to watch over me (Gershwin) is HARD. I'll give it to the end
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question on attitude , psychology and piano. by jimb100 @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1I am reading a book on psychological cybernetics. Which is the theory of goal oriented results, within the frame set of a held “self image”. The premise in so many words is that, if one has a negative or narro
Jump to new posts Re: portable digital piano ruggedness by Turbomike @ Yesterday at 04:53 PM

Hi fizikisto, thanks for the info, I've heard good things about the Privia series, but haven't actually tried one, though I have tried the Kawai's and really liked them (blown away by them actually) so have been biased towards them, but maybe I need
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another Recording Question by Rich D. @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

Entheo, Your recordings sound very good. The AKG 420 mics do a great job. Enjoyed your playing as well. Rich
Jump to new posts Box.com by Crocus @ Yesterday at 04:47 PM

I'm taking a bit of a liberty here and may get my knuckles rapped but I've posted this question to another forum and had zero response. It's not directly "synth and keyboard" related, although it sort of is, at least technology-related. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Valencia @ Yesterday at 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf90 When I return in July I'll finally start the Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# Minor with Carl that we've been planning for some time. Richard I'd like to join you and Carl with learning this piece. let me know when you two sta
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another Recording Question by Hakki @ Yesterday at 04:46 PM

Rich, In Lee's recordings the preamps on the Q8 sound quieter that I expected But the unchangeable fish-eye view is really distracting. It is a very simple setup. You just plug-in two mics and you are ready to go. No post processing etc. (audio-
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Valencia @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

My 20th piece is: 20. Liszt Romance Oubliee https://app.box.com/s/quf1wmj4bzioajjihmydx1frqi82ze3s My timing is out in places. The time signature changed several times. Also there were some silences in the piece that correspond to rests, but also
Page 16 of 27 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
YAMAHA DISCLAVIER MODEL MX100B
by JJC
07/03/15 10:29 PM
Buying new Dp Help - Yamaha ydp s52
by TigerPaws
07/03/15 06:29 PM
Why do high-end Casio pianos have less tones than low end?
by FrankCox
07/03/15 05:53 PM
beware of what before buying an antique Lindeman baby grand?
by Lucylu
07/03/15 05:28 PM
Re-learning musc
by Isabelle1949
07/03/15 05:24 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,278 Topics
2,423,760 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission