Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: A443[...]If the entirety of the issue is whether or not all three string can be placed DOA with a +/-0.1 cent resolution[...] That is the clarification that I need. Do what you can to "arrange it." Thank you in adva
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 12:08 AM

This is getting ridiculous. I know that neither you nor anyone else can do what you say or even remotely imply. BDB called your bluff and so am I. Either put up or shut up. You either put up a video that shows that you have tuned all of the unison
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Krome, Roland FA-08 or Yamaha MOXF8? by Kawai James @ Today at 12:06 AM

Greg, checking 'Spokane WA' Kawai America's online dealer locator, it appears that 'Dan the Piano Man' (great name for a dealer!) is very close by. While the store does not stock the stage pianos, they may be willing to special order the instruments
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

Obviously genetics plays a huge role is what each of us ends up being excellent in. But I will quote Lang Lang, who stated something to the effect that although some people have more natural (piano) technique, that you cannot assume you can get the
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Bill Bremmer RPT, no, you know that YOU cannot achieve anything like that, so you arrogantly assume that no one else in the world can do it either. That part, I can understand: it is human nature. What I cannot understand is why anyone would say tha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Be here Monday- my first piano in 6 years! by BruceD @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

Harpon : Congratulations on the new-to-you piano! You are going to have to have the piano tuned once it settles into your home environment. At that time have the tuner/tech look at the problem; it's undoubtedly easy to solve. Don't try to solve
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: no parents allowed by outo @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevis As for any male teacher touching any student........ I assume you mean inappropriate touching Seriously, a student can be made uncomfortable even without actual touching. And gender isn't a limiting factor here eit
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ibach baby grand by BruceD @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

I think time is on your side. That is, you won't have time to negotiate the inspection, the playing and the move, and that factor may well have saved you considerable grief. If, on the other hand, you have missed out on a good thing, console yourse
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Repinning is your best option.
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

It is up to you to prove what you are saying and I know that you cannot do that. Not, "I don't think you can do that", I KNOW you cannot.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts October Piano Bar by ladypayne @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

Starting up the october piano bar My own arrangement of I've got Peace like a River https://app.box.com/s/cmzl4ogrd9c82eo0nlxg
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Krome, Roland FA-08 or Yamaha MOXF8? by thercman @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesGreg, regarding keyboard actions, the marketing materials can only tell you so much about what they do, or how great they play. However, at the end of the day, you need to get out there and play the instruments with
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by outo @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: trigalg693 for that very reason it's also a fallacy to assume it's all genetics. Sigh...Of course it's not ALL genetics, as I think we have established several times in this thread.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by outo @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: JoelW"Smart" is such a generalization. Someone can be very brilliant in certain areas while being myopic in others. That's so true...I find myself a good example...I have always been considered smart by everyone (inc
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTThere will be no video produced of any such thing that has been claimed. If there is any video at all that is offered, it will be nothing but a hoax. Purely pathetic! LOL...amazing.
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Krome, Roland FA-08 or Yamaha MOXF8? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: thercmanHey Morodiene, I only threw the RD-800 out there as an option thinking that it will be cool to have the Roland's sounds and board (which I have wanted for a while). Also I would like to have a different action than the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Be here Monday- my first piano in 6 years! by harpon @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

YAY! Piano delivered today- pretty excited- playing it some, tired otherwise. The serial number seems to indicate it's circa 1980- I was guessing mid-70's it's in pretty good tune and nice otherwise - What sold the deal for me was when I looked at
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to thank BDB for pointing out what really should be obvious. If there is a beat that is so slow that it can only occur after the string has already stopped sounding, then it falls into the inaudible or indiscern
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

No, Cinnamonbear, I will do nothing until it is clear to me what needs to be demonstrated--I will be the judge of what is necessary and how to go about doing it. If this back-and-forth is to stop, I need to know where the confusion is (i.e., I don't
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: page-turning for tablets by RealPlayer @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

I am getting so ready for a paperless system. I have several pieces that are virtually continuous, no place to lift a hand from the keyboard. They're recently-written pieces though, so would have to accept the composer's computer file of the score
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Cinnamonbear O Dear Collective Tuner/Tech Brain: Does anyone remember the unisons thread where the idea was to post a recording of your unison that remained beatless for at least 3 seconds? Jerry Groot was involved in that one.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher not covering theory and assigns too advanced music? by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

I rather resent the word "theory" regarding the elements and structure of music because of its pseudo-scientific association as well as the misunderstanding of the meaning of the word. But moving beyond that, what does your child actually n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kimbal Viennese by Jennymomofboys @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

How does one tell a regular Kimball from a Kimball Vienesse edition? I have tried to look this up unsuccessfully. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris LeslieMark, my experience with test blows: I prefer to use hammer technique, and mp to mf, to equalise segment tension as much as possible. However, I am not good enough to get it to work all of the time. I like to give a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: no parents allowed by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

I allow full access for parents to attend lessons. The only time I denied access was when an entire family of six (including their maid) wanted to sit in on the lessons - that was simply ridiculous. For the average younger students from 5 up to ar
Page 16 of 32 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31 32 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A study of the practice behaviors of effective pianists
by lyricmudra
15 minutes 12 seconds ago
Ease of play - Yamaha p35 or p105
by DeadPoets
15 minutes 17 seconds ago
piano beats in groups
by SKJP
Today at 09:42 PM
What to look for in a keyboard
by Tikki56
Today at 06:30 PM
Christmas duets for Student and Teacher
by Purpl3keys
Today at 06:24 PM
Who's Online
133 registered (ajames, 36251, anotherscott, BB Player, 37 invisible), 1424 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76396 Members
42 Forums
157937 Topics
2319424 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission