Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
154 registered (ajames, Almaviva, Allochi, Aceituna, alfredo capurso, 47 invisible), 1602 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts 6 month intensive study - what to do? by anais77 @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

I've recently started working flex hours which allows me quite a bit of free time. I'm hoping to now practice 2-3 hours per day, and I have one hour lesson each week. How should I fill up my days in the most effective way? I returned to piano as a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying advice by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

PM sent.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozetich Prelude - short Canadian piece by Vid @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Wonderful playing and thank you for making me aware of this piece! (Go Canada!)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Unevenness in scales by CowNorris @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

Over the past few weeks I've been trying to speed up my scales to around 160bpm, and what I found that the evenness starts to break down after around 110bpm. The places I've most difficulties with is right hand ascending and left hand descending whe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Recitals by UNKNOWN pianists. by bennevis @ Yesterday at 01:18 PM

I don't think any of those pianists would get out of bed in the morning for less than $$$$$ for that evening's concert - unless it was a prestigious venue like the Verbier Festival or similar..... To cover the costs of a first-class air ticket to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by ando @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By Stevie SteveI understand a lot of what has been said in terms of branding and price signalling but the magnitude of the differential in pricing is beyond my comprehension. In the UK (hardly the cheapest place to buy a piano), a P
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By deypoThanks for the replies, I've seen the privia px-5s I gonna try it. It seems a very good stage piano, a 73 key version would be awesome but I think I could deal with 88 keys with its light weight. I've read bad comments abou
Pianist Corner
Thank you for sharing this! I have sent you an email.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Themed Recital Discussion Thread by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By JytteOh thank you Primo. I care very little for Schumann, except for a few pieces, I find his writing about music is great. Sorry , I thought I was in Hyde Park...... on a Soapbox,,, I'll put it away now....
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Should I apply for bachelor or master degree? by Pogorelich. @ Yesterday at 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By carey Or - you can get your foot in the door (so to speak) if you have a Masters degree in piano performance and are willing to start out as an Instructor of Music at the college/university level. But if you seek promotions - an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Should I apply for bachelor or master degree? by carey @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By tobevirtuosoHi I have got a bachelor degree but not in music. I am willing to study music (piano) seriously in music conservatory. However, I don't know which degree(bachelor/master) I should apply for. Please advice. Thank you
Jump to new posts Re: Mozetich Prelude - short Canadian piece by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiPogorelich, this is really beautiful playing. [...]It came like an oasis in the middle of a desert after the recent BS around here. Yes, decidedly! Regards,
Jump to new posts Re: Mozetich Prelude - short Canadian piece by Hakki @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

Pogorelich, this is really beautiful playing. You are such a wonderful pianist and musician, that I am glad that we have you here. Please post more. The piece is very good too. But if it weren't you, I am not sure whether I would like it as much a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Equal finger pressure on chords by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 12:59 PM

If the pinky is playing first, the joints on the longer fingers might not be strong. Check that the first joint (next to the finger tip) is not bending backward when you play. You can also imagine that your hand is pressing down to grasp a cushion or
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to amplify Yamaha CP-70 by Inspectorkrum @ Yesterday at 12:57 PM

Thanks for the follow up Ed. I will make sure I use someone with experience tuning this piano. As for the amp, I'd love to hear more opinions. Am I way off with the Marshall class 5? I want something I can get a clean piano tone from and also exper
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you live and how's business? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

Pretty good here, but in Small New England Town there are only 2 of us piano teachers with established studios that I know about, plus a few who teach from Local Music Store. In neighboring Slightly Larger New England Town, there are a lot of piano t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Should I apply for bachelor or master degree? by carey @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By J Joe TownleyOriginally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By Morodiene[...]Most people don't care about degrees, they just want to be moved by your music. If you go into education, having the degree can be a slight advantage, but
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: P.W. at 666 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:52 PM

Hi Joe, Thanks for the information! And what a great line to use about it. Here the devil indeed really is in the details!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Norbert @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Quote:the world is full of also-rans that believe they are as good as someone or something else. Sometimes it's true. Sometimes it's not. But simply demanding equal treatment (or price) without building the commensurate mindshare is a loosing proposi
Piano Teachers Forum
I'm not a teacher, bu an adult student. I've been taking for four years now from the same teacher. I'm definitely a senior citizen. At my teachers recital a couple of weeks ago, she gave out a special award to a student who she had taught from 1st g
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Incredible russian pianist - Ekaterina Mechetina by stembol @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

http://www.meloman.ru/concert/gosudarstv...hetina/#webcast
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching a Four Year Old by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 12:43 PM

Hi DameMyra, I teach 4-year-olds often. I agree with all of pavanne's suggestions above. I would say further: Reading should wait until the child can read short sentences in English, whenever that happens. 2-hand playing should wait until the child
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Royal conservatory certificates, are they worth the hassle? by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Frankly, you might get more mileage out of *not* having a diploma, Yadie. It makes you look like someone operating at the "street" level, and less of an idealist. Keep on with your pitch, and your idea!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Adding a soundcard for VST playing on my setup? by idfpiano @ Yesterday at 12:34 PM

I have Asio4all installed with 0 in/out compensation and with ~500 samples, force 44.1k OFF, allow pull ON. I use Kontakt with The Grandeur piano. The setup is for playing at home. When it works correctly, sound is awesome. LatencyMon is all green.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Memorizing After Learning Process Or... by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

Whenever you memorize, it's always a good idea to follow the score some of the time when practicing a memorized piece, because invariably there are details (dynamics, articulations, ritards etc.) that get forgotten.
Page 16 of 37 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Duets on 1 or 2 pianos?
by chasingrainbows
04/01/15 10:58 AM
If your life was described by a piece of music
by pianoloverus
04/01/15 10:46 AM
When - and why - does a pianist become 'famous'?
by bennevis
04/01/15 10:32 AM
1000 dirty pianos
by Davepost
04/01/15 08:04 AM
sluggish action in Weber vertical
by Davepost
04/01/15 07:53 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,727 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,906 Topics
2,391,112 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission