Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
108 registered (Almaviva, aesop, AmateurBob, accordeur, ando, 31 invisible), 1300 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will a 7-footer be too big for my living room? by Campanella12 @ 05/05/15 06:43 PM

For many years I had a Bosendorfer Imperial in a room about double yours and it worked great for me unless some of my real pianist friends came over. The Bosie 225 is a wonderful piano and I think will do well your place.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by soundsquire @ 05/05/15 06:41 PM

Just a quick update. Hope everyone is practicing! I am spending some time with the second piece on page 28 1st ed. For this piece I am focusing on the home notes, intervals and playing with tempo. Learning the bass clef is proving a challenge. My p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is my Kimball Piano worth? by Phil Greenough @ 05/05/15 06:40 PM

Maybe manners are more relaxed in your country Look alive. In England we tend to start a sentence that has a request in it with please and end it with thank you, if nothing else it is common courtesy. If you went into a piano shop and asked the OP'
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 by bennevis @ 05/05/15 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By GlendeneLooks like you got great service from Roland. Question, has any one had issues with their Service or communicating with Roland. I don't have any experience of any other DP manufacturer, but I certainly can't fault Rola
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is your go-to piano sound? by 8 Octaves @ 05/05/15 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisSoftware pianos (i.e. Pianoteq, which is the only one that offers free trial, and therefore the only one I've tried) definitely cause a problem for me in the 'feel' when playing, which I presume is due to latency problems
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Young Chang 9' G-275 Opinions by Campanella12 @ 05/05/15 06:37 PM

I am not so familiar with the older Young Changs in terms of materials and workmanship but I will say that Del Fandrich has done miracles for their company in terms of bringing a completely new design philosophy to the table. I have experienced a c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: About SK-7 logo? by WhoDwaldi @ 05/05/15 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By backto_study_pianoWith my previous Schimmel, people would either ask what it was, or wander over and open the lid to have a look. I thought I'd answer the question before it was asked this time. I always get, "Howard? Wh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Campanella12 @ 05/05/15 06:30 PM

Norbert, let's admit it: We are in one of the most enjoyable businesses there is! @ Pianodad: Originally Posted By Piano*DadFrankenstein sounds like an excellent German brand! Competely hand-crafted at their Castle Factory with only the best par
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite keyboard amp, anyone? by 36251 @ 05/05/15 06:29 PM

Center Point Stereo SSv.3
Jump to new posts Favorite keyboard amp, anyone? by T E Bekken @ 05/05/15 06:27 PM

I have an old Roland KC-350. The amp has served me well for many years. I have used it with Roland, Yamaha and Casio stage pianos. It sounds good, maybe a little bass heavy if you don't turn the bass down a bit. Do any of you people out there have an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by earlofmar @ 05/05/15 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By TrevorM Anyway, proof (of sorts) that I'm actually playing! I hope to get my work laptop hooked up to my piano at some point and do some more of these. good stuff TrevorM. would love to hear more but just as important I thi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dog for sale. by WhoDwaldi @ 05/05/15 06:22 PM

My grandmother used to manage to spill coffee on at least one of my scores every time she visited.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by earlofmar @ 05/05/15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By barbaramHere's my Indian Serenade recording: Martha Mier: Indian Serenade very tender playing of this really beautiful piece
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is your go-to piano sound? by bennevis @ 05/05/15 06:16 PM

Software pianos (i.e. Pianoteq, which is the only one that offers free trial, and therefore the only one I've tried) definitely cause a problem for me in the 'feel' when playing, which I presume is due to latency problems - and which doesn't occur on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- Call For Submissions by chopinoholic @ 05/05/15 06:02 PM

Yikes. I haven't been very active in contributing to the forum lately. Only lurking... Been very busy with all kinds of stuff like a new job, new house, family and pianoplaying! But I have nothing new ready at the moment. Maybe I can get a good rec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by TrevorM @ 05/05/15 06:01 PM

Just discovered that I recorded my #2 track, Largo from Musiah lesson 55. I was playing with the Pianoteq demo at the time and forgot I recorded this one as a test. Anyway, proof (of sorts) that I'm actually playing! https://soundcloud.com/antikew
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is my Kimball Piano worth? by Rickster @ 05/05/15 05:58 PM

I would disagree that all Kimballs were crappy pianos... I owned a Viennese model Kimball baby grand (5'8") with the Bosendorfer plate designed (with the big sound holes) and laminated sound board. It sounded and played pretty good to me. It he
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Debussy Octaves Etude by A Guy @ 05/05/15 05:56 PM

This is a recording of me playing the Debussy etude. All/any comments are welcome. Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Serial number importance? by tjbron @ 05/05/15 05:42 PM

Rich, that is what I was hoping was the answer. Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Norbert @ 05/05/15 05:39 PM

Quote:The marketer clearly has an incentive to puff up minor construction differences into major tonal (or durability) advantages for their particular product, whether it has a wide tail (Schimmel) or narrow tail (Steinway), a tunable duplex or not,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wrist weights - you've got to try this! by AZNpiano @ 05/05/15 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By gooddog This is not, repeat NOT about weight training. You do not use wrist weights to make you stronger. If you have gotten that impression, please reread this thread. Use the weights intermittently for a few minutes a day for a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is my Kimball Piano worth? by look_alive @ 05/05/15 05:33 PM

I agree with pianomom, but didn't want to say it as I have no expertise. Kimball was a mediocre furniture maker that happened to make a lot of really crappy pianos, especially in the later years of the 70s, 80s and 90s. Even in excellent condition, i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Piano with tascam device by Charles Cohen @ 05/05/15 05:29 PM

The Zoom H2n will do a _lot_ better than a laptop. Is there any way you could get two, and then return one of them? Your own ears will be a better judge of quality, than anything we can say. . Charles
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Set hand positions? (very elementary) by Charles Cohen @ 05/05/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung The thing that goes wrong with "fixed positions" is that it needs to be emphasized that they're a temporary stepping stone. Those who get locked into the idea that everything is fixed positions have to unlea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Serial number importance? by Rich Galassini @ 05/05/15 05:26 PM

Hi tj, Rick found the serial number in an easy place, but the serial number is in many places in most pianos. Your technician will quickly verify the serial number. Cheers!
Page 16 of 26 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Where to practice piano in Brooklyn, NY?
by Miguel Lescano
05/06/15 10:46 PM
is the touch on my Kawai upright too heavy for me?
by carojm36
05/06/15 06:24 PM
CP33 Controller for Pianoteq
by Peakly
05/06/15 03:52 PM
Lots of Instruments
by Groove On
05/06/15 03:34 PM
Is a free Schilling baby grand worth picking up?
by RanK
05/06/15 03:23 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,176 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,803 Topics
2,403,569 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission