Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
110 registered (Auver, BB Player, anotherscott, Anita Potter, AZ_Astro, ando, 28 invisible), 1499 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do we memorize a piece on the piano? by Forrest Halford @ Yesterday at 12:24 PM

Zrft90 speaks the truth!! I now memorize from the moment I decide to learn a piece. I hope the flowing helps. -------------- PIANO PRACTICE METHODS: 1. Section by Section Practice. Divide your piece into small sections and practice each secti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: chopin_r_usYour man had several doctors all prescribing medications without any knowledge of each other. That's true, but it doesn't mean he wouldn't have had the stroke without the medications. Strokes ran in his family, s
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts "Danny Boy" cover for piano, viola, and saxophone by hsheck @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

"Danny Boy" cover for piano viola, and saxophone by Harrison Sheckler, Patrick Jones, and Aaron O'Leary. Enjoy! "Danny Boy"
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Shorter Solo Works - Editions? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusWhy do some think the Henle is superior to the Hinson edition which is specifically designed for non professionals? I think that good and heavily edited editions(in terms of fingering and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a used Grand. To Pass or buy? by Markarian @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

I had a similar experience where I bought a B that I thought was in good shape, only to find that the soundboard was in worse shape than I thought. I never had an independent tech look at it and it turned into a very stressful situation. Thankfully
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to Forum by Tom Christian @ Yesterday at 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: AgfinguyI'm a VERY Late bloomer with my interest in playing the piano.Sorry, but I'm afraid the Late Bloomer category on this Web site is already well-populated by people with considerably more... ummmm, "maturity". I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuning hammer case by BDB @ Yesterday at 12:18 PM

All of my tuning equipment fits into one of these.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $15,000 budget for upright--suggestions? by Tweedpipe @ Yesterday at 12:18 PM

To the poster who said, "With a 15000$ budget, an upright is absurd. You should look for a grand, which is the REAL thing." Please, which planet are you on? The above comment is truly a lot of old 'pony' (a disguised, part rhyming-slang te
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New piano coming today! by malkin @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes...If only proximity to Curtis had some kind of magic halo effect on my playing. Wouldn't that be terrific? Maybe it does!
You could probably use the scale of a Steinway B, or better yet, you could just figure one out for yourself. My scaling spreadsheet is available here. Fill in the lengths and experiment away!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by ivan.d @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

Thank you for your replies Alexander Borro and casinitaly,i will just play each piece ,and in certain moment i will pick the closest to my heart.So good luck and have fun from me.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slipped and fell on ice today by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 12:13 PM

By last night, I felt like I'd been hit by a train. But, more with it this morning. The bruise on my left hand/wrist is deep. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a "practice challenge" put out by my teacher. Of course, I could bow out.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by BruceD @ Yesterday at 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: laguna_gregOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: laguna_greg All the more reason not to emulate Lupu, don't you think? If Lupu uses the chair with the back to help him with hi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

I do not take seriously those who criticize Gould.
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: rXd[...]One of my colleagues that I follow often (the most senior tuner here) tunes the most fantastic still unisons. I don't quite know what he's doing and he can't explain it either. I have been trying to emulate his unisons f
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan Yamaha CFX...unimpressed... by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 12:06 PM

Great news! Not sure if this is enough of an excuse for me to buy it but definitely moving in that direction
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: FarmGirl[...struggling with the very awkward parts as you illustrated. The one in which my left hand goes on top of the left hand. [...] I agree; that must be very difficult!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Shorter Solo Works - Editions? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusWhy do some think the Henle is superior to the Hinson edition which is specifically designed for non professionals? I think that good and heavily edited editions(in terms of fingering and pedaling)are far superior fo
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuning hammer case by schragermitchell @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

Fujan doesn't sell a pouch. I'm thinking of using a shure microphone pouch.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a used Grand. To Pass or buy? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Haydn 20 I dont want to pass on what could be a good deal on a used Steinway, but I have concerns that the neglect this piano has seen in the past may come back to haunt me in the future and at 23K im not looking for a fixer-upp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do we memorize a piece on the piano? by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90I don't have a photographic memory but I read well enough to find my place in an orchestral score when I'm listening to a symphony and I can hear enough of it in my head. I wouldn't personally call that reading, because b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (updated! pics) by Jytte @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

As I see it, a 'good' position at the piano is all about balance. Meaning, when I'm in balance I can move all over the keyboard without tensing up, or fall over for that matter. I may have an advantage in being a (horse)rider. This is also all abou
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

This is quite difficult to do. I've said in the past that I would share my settings but before I could do it I ended up hating my setup and abandoning it. I have something that I like now for what I'm currently playing (Mozart). It seems to lend well
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by bjorn of brekkukot @ Yesterday at 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Jonathan BakerThe digital clarity of Gould's technique is not that hard to achieve if that is all one is aiming for. Keep fingers close to keys, mostly detaché with emphasis on evenness of sound/dynamics/touch, and play on a pia
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do we memorize a piece on the piano? by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

What I do is: Learn it as sound by reading the score and listening to recordings until I can sing it in my head from memory. If I don't have a recording I may be able to pick out passages at the piano well enough to compensate but I can sing from th
Page 16 of 34 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
VILABS (Ravenscroft) - Support Issues
by dmd
02/01/15 08:32 AM
Am I crazy? 1921 Baldwin with “History” (PICS)
by look_alive
02/01/15 02:23 AM
Rhythm question about "Un Sospiro"
by Tony Romo
02/01/15 01:55 AM
Awesome!
by piano_friend
02/01/15 01:50 AM
How hard is the Rach 3?
by Tony Romo
02/01/15 01:48 AM
Forum Stats
77944 Members
42 Forums
161113 Topics
2366709 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission