Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I understand that you connect USB MIDI to distant PC over wireless, but I dont understand how you get the audio back to your DP/headphones. Nevertheless, I have never seen wifi with quite low latency, or more precisly, with low jitter in latency. I h
Jump to new posts Studio monitors for a digital piano by diegopefm @ Yesterday at 05:18 AM

Hello all, Iím new to the forum and I write here to ask a question about my digital piano studio monitors. My piano is a Korg PA588 and last year Iíve bought a pair of active studio monitors called ESI Near05 http://www.thomann.de/es/esi_near05_akti
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by chrisbell @ Yesterday at 05:11 AM

Great discussion about books! I know that feeling - got to stop ordering books This weeks Jam of the Week; Work Song:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bone chilling ending to pieces by bennevis @ Yesterday at 05:06 AM

I'd say that the ending of Tchaikovsky's Piano Trio gets my vote - the funereal thread of two notes on the piano dying away.... In the same vein is Ravel's Le gibet - though here, it's the tolling bells as the unfortunate victim swings slowly from t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by littlebirdblue @ Yesterday at 05:06 AM

I'm here but barely alive. Actually, I have been fighting a horrible cold for a couple of weeks. My DD's teacher understandably has no sick student policy so I haven't started my piano lessons yet but I have been practicing!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by trigalg693 @ Yesterday at 03:54 AM

One of my favorite pieces, still listening to it but you should get a better recording setup. A pair of Naiant omnis and a cheap interface or a portable/handheld recorder to plug into, something like that, and isn't too much more to carry around vs.
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 02:57 AM

I was playing tonight, and thought about the "Pianoteq has weak bass" problem: . . . Pianoteq (even the "Stage" version) has a built-in graphic equalizer! If you want more bass, just draw your low-frequency boost onto the EQ gra
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a record by my Sauter grand, model alpha by aesop @ Yesterday at 02:54 AM

Welcome~~
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 02:40 AM

The CP33 is a funny case. It's rather old, released in May 2006. But it has a loyal following among stage players -- I think you'll find a thread about it, here. Another thread: http://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/old-roland-rd700-vs-new-yamah
It'd be really convenient to have a wireless USB hub at the digital piano. I have a desktop in another room that I could run my software pianos on, and I don't want to have to buy another mini-PC just for this purpose. I could plug in the piano MIDI
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: chernobieffAh Ed, Ed, Ed, "My Data is the Pianos!" Really?! What an artful dodge. Clearly however, you do not want to provide the standard action measurements e.g. Upweight, Downweight, friction, Inertia, Hammerweigh
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Refusing "Every Other" week lesson by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: ezpiano.orgI am sorry, I need to clarify: 1. In my opinion, less lessons per month doesn't means student is not serious. It could be other reasons that I do not know. 2. Being diplomatic doesn't means I have to lie. 3. ANZ,
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by MossySF @ Yesterday at 01:51 AM

Horrible is probably overly strong in describing Yamaha's low-end action. Light & fast would be more accurate ... which is how their acoustic pianos are also. I was just at a Yamaha dealer and tried a wide range of acoustics. The keys are FAST
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by Sand Tiger @ Yesterday at 01:43 AM

The models mentioned by others are a good list to start with. If you are near a major city, visit some stores. In the U.S., the big box stores, such as Guitar Center or Sam Ash will have several models to try. Someone else mentioned a visit to a Kawa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to piano, advice on slow learning process by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: roninproMy primary reason for quitting was due to learning only the notes of a piece way too slowly, leaving me burned out before finishing; I couldn't finish anything toward the end. While music comes easily to some, it doesn'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by michaelha @ Yesterday at 01:10 AM

Reminds me of an approach that Ulrich (PW member) did to his new Kawai RX-7. Seems like his tech is from a similar camp as Ed & Del: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2210732
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 01:08 AM

roomservicetaco, the instruments you list are all 'slab'-type models, meaning that they are portable. Is this important to you? The alternative is a 'console'-type instrument, where the stand, speakers, and pedals are integrated within the piano.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts What books do you use for teaching beginners? by Daffodil @ Yesterday at 12:54 AM

The John Thompson thread had me wondering what books the teachers here use for their beginners. All of my beginners work from at least two books at the same time. I like at least one of them to have a CD for the child to play along with at home. I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a record by my Sauter grand, model alpha by readme @ Yesterday at 12:49 AM

very decent sound!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by SiFi @ Yesterday at 12:38 AM

Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz would be a clear winner if it was a piano piece. I think the tempo indication "slovenly" is the de facto default mode of many musicians (jk). "Cresc. or not" works well too. Wondering if "Riga
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is most common size wire to break? by BDB @ Yesterday at 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Eric GlooIt's usually either (a) somewhere around 15...or (b) the wire that must be threaded under the bass strings and looped around the hitch pin located right next to a plate strut. I think those in situation b are the ones
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by bnolsen @ Yesterday at 12:36 AM

oops double post
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by bnolsen @ Yesterday at 12:35 AM

go to a kawai authorized dealer and check out their stock as well. i don't think any of those yamahas have triple sensors. For under 2k you have roland and kawai to choose from. if you can wing it the kawai vpc1 should get you the action you want.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: DelIn actual comparison testing I have found that reducing hammer mass, raising the overall action ratio and reducing key travel gives the pianist much more control over the music being produced. Very true and a quite interesti
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by Gerardo Melara @ Yesterday at 12:31 AM

I really recommend you to stay away from those Yamahas, they all have the horrible GHS or the regular GHE action that is not going to be helpful to your son when switching to a grand piano, I believe that in this moment the best option is the Casio P
Page 16 of 22 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tips for Reducing Key Noise
by Dwscamel
1 minute 21 seconds ago
DVD recording
by jtattoo
Today at 12:45 PM
upgrade from Kawai CN34 to CA65 - how much to pay
by khopin
Today at 12:39 PM
Seiler 186 Maestro Grand
by Sam4
Today at 12:13 PM
Pain in hands while playing piano - looking for advice!
by Justin_B
Today at 10:15 AM
Who's Online
122 registered (accordeur, alfredo capurso, allakart, Abby Pianoman, Alex75001, 37 invisible), 1369 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76260 Members
42 Forums
157643 Topics
2315539 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission