Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
141 registered (accordeur, Anne'sson, ando, 38 invisible), 1410 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by joe80 @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

I don't think practising on a piano with an overly heavy action achieves anything - in fact it can be damaging. It can cause too much tension in the muscles, and it can actually make you bang and rush when you are faced with a piano with an overly li
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teachers in Houston, Tx? by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

Talk to a couple of public school music teachers, church organists, and local cabaret pianists. Finding a teacher via the classical music fraternity will most likely not be a good fit for you. The last person you want is a teacher of young hotshots.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Forrest Halford @ Yesterday at 03:09 PM

In related news, MIT PhD candidates are now required to demonstrate slide rule profiency to seven decimal places.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parson's Buys a Significant Interest in Grottrian by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

This article from a few days ago: Grotrian-Steinweg setzt auf Expansiion in Asien says that it's about expanding distribution of Grotrians in Asia--that China is a large growth market--and the consequent expansion of production and job creatio
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Attention to detail and Leschetizky-Schnabel "lineage" by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

I tend toward score-faithful nitpickery with lots of stopping-reworking-restarting (from my first teacher), which later could irritate my conservatory teacher, who wanted to hear the whole blessed thing with some sort of big interpretive concept befo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach 1st Partita by Vid @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Thanks for sharing - very well played, its clean, even and your trills are perfect. I can't help but feel you are rushing a bit in places (particularly in the first movement and beginning of second). It seems like you are trying to push and pull the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By EntheoOriginally Posted By pianoloverusI'm sure one can find equally qualified pianists who say the opposite. by all means; be my guest! Originally Posted By pianoloverusDid you ask him why? i didn't have to; he said heavier
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts original composition, opinion? by pianistforever238 @ Yesterday at 02:55 PM

Hello, I recently started composing piano pieces and i would like to get some feedback on the tempo, the melody the chords progression. Thanks for listening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBgi83pRH8&feature=youtu.be
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts original composition, opinion? by pianistforever238 @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

Hello , I recently started composing piano pieces and i would like to get some feedback on the tempo, the melody the chords progression. Thanks for listening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBgi83pRH8&feature=youtu.be
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca67 vs acoustic piano by pmh @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

Unfortunately, even this simple statement, i.e.' +1 for acoustic if playing classical', needs qualification in my view. Most of the higher end digitals are attempting to emulate the touch, feel and responsiveness of a grand piano. In this respect the
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

What have I missed? First octaves A3A4 and F3F4 need to be tuned with a higher accuracy than just "Tune a pure 4:2" or "Tune a wide 4:2/narrow 6:3". The flow chart shows that. It was created after consulting with actual tuners r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann P212 Grand Piano by joe80 @ Yesterday at 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By RAY930But who is the current owner of Brodmann? An Amercianan entrepeneur or Parsons at China? I believe current models have nothing to do with old 212 grand. This may help.... http://www.pianobuyer.c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parson's Buys a Significant Interest in Grotian by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

Baldwin buying Grotrian? These pianos are kind of opposite extremes soundwise. Any clue why are they purchasing Grotrian interest?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parson's Buys a Significant Interest in Grotian by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

Thanks. I corrected it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann P212 Grand Piano by JDRPiano @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

The owner lives in Noe Valley (San Francisco) and he said he bought it from a seller in Texas. My teacher said to keep it on my list, she said it had a very beautiful sound, but, it was difficult to keep the middle register quiet when she was testing
Not interested in the next step until the earlier steps are explained. Too much is assumed.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My "new" Bluthner is ready for collection! by twocats @ Yesterday at 02:30 PM

It's a very lyrical piano, and so is your playing-- just lovely! The notes sound like bells to me. I hope your carpal tunnel is getting better... it's tough, but resting is the best way to heal these things.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My "new" Bluthner is ready for collection! by joe80 @ Yesterday at 02:30 PM

https://soundcloud.com/dolgorukov1/mozar...medium=facebook Here's a bit of Mozart for you which demonstrates some more of the singing quality of the piano. It sounds mellow in general but, if I need it to, it will go very bright and has incredible po
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My "new" Bluthner is ready for collection! by joe80 @ Yesterday at 02:26 PM

Thanks Will, very kind of you. Yes, the piano does have a beautiful tone, and I'm a sucker for a good sound.
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 02:26 PM

Still nobody wants to guess at the next step in the sequence? I thought there was some interest in this. I guess I was wrong.
FAQ - Piano Forum
This would be better posted in the piano forum, but it sounds to me like that piano requires more work. If you post it on the piano forum, and tell us what work was done to the piano regarding the reconditioning, and perhaps if you want to share, w
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 02:25 PM

It ignores the fact that beating partials add up. If you can reduce the sum of the beating, the octave sounds cleaner. My research is showing that. Your method is a guess; expand and hope it is enough and not too much. By using checks, we know exactl
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Pianos by JDRPiano @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

Well, less than $2000 preferably because I am also purchasing a grand piano as well. I looked into a Kawai CN25, but some of the people here on the forum said that the CN35 would be a better option.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by Robert 45 @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

Gokelly, Congratulations on acquiring a beautiful Yamaha CX1 grand piano! When artists of the calibre of Richter and Glenn Gould chose Yamaha pianos, you are in good company! All the best! Robert.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Nocturne op 9 no 2 by lautreamont @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

Overall, a good job. You managed to get the more difficult parts under your fingers. I think a lot of what could be done better are just things that will improve with time. For example, especially in the first half of the piece, there was often a
Page 16 of 27 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150?
by som
07/29/15 03:47 PM
CA 67 is here but I have a question
by origen
07/29/15 03:31 PM
Looking for easy Chopin pieces that fit my constraints
by Some Pianist
07/29/15 03:17 PM
Schafer & Sons piano identification
by kaliona
07/29/15 02:20 PM
2008 Yamaha C3 from eBay ($15,000) vs C2X ($27,000)
by Forevertwentyone
07/29/15 02:08 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,191 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,835 Topics
2,430,961 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission