Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistNow that I have been shown to be quite correct in my prediction Poly, dear boy, this was a bennevis flame war. He is the only one acting out of frustration and rage instead of remaining civil and objective in the dis
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing a piece through by Mr Super-Hunky @ Yesterday at 07:24 PM

Over time, I've observed that peoples minds and reactions are not all wired the same. Some peoples immediate reactions to things are rationally thought out, while others have a much more knee-jerky reaction. In both cases, their reactions will be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

The reason for being specific about bIII that it gives greater flexibility for more sophisticated music with lots of modulation or something at least not staying within something that is diatonic. If I am in the key of C major but want to use an Eb
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 07:22 PM

@bennevis More fallacies! You are effectively saying nothing You are clearly not thinking before you write your posts. A thinking person cannot commit themselves to fallacy in the way that you do. Maybe it's just your lack of understanding of mat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by currawong @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: FSOCurrawong...I feel I have to say that I'm genuinely touched that you read one of my "shear rants" (they're very wooly). I know you struggle with my formatting more than most, I'd wager. Um...it really means a lot to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding inversions by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Brian Lucas The term "inversion" really has 2 meanings. When we're talking about chord inversions, there aren't rules as to how to play them. (except in figured bass, which is rarely seen anymore). You can play any inv
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: bennevis Atrys, you've Googled the wrong website (belonging to a bottled water company, probably) - for the umpteenth time. Or else you're about twenty years behind the times, when such 'advice' (esp
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistI can feel another Atrys flame war coming on. Your limbic system must be dysfunctional Now that I have been shown to be quite correct in my prediction, perhaps we can consider the pos
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisI know of what I write. Haha! Clearly not. Spreading misinformation is not "knowing". You've gone far past the line of absurdity
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Klavins piano - their concert grand by BDB @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

Bigger does not necessarily mean louder. I think you are more likely to get hurt falling off it!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: AZ_AstroOhmygosh I just listened to number 34 (34. Morodiene - Souvenir de Hapsal Op. 2 No. 1 Ruins de Chateau) by Morodiene. Incredible pacing, phrasing, and mood. Wonderful! Thank you! This one really drew me and original
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Klavins piano - their concert grand by doremi @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

Very impressive, but I don't want one, I don't want to go deaf
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Mozart K310 fingering by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

I'm working on K310 1st mvt, and wondering what fingering I should use for LH m. 42-43. The measures in question are the 2nd and 3rd measure below: At first I was doing 4-1-3-2-4-1-3-2, etc., but was wondering if there's another option that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: TimVOriginally Posted By: bennevisYou're a danger to people. Have you really read and thought about what you're saying? I don't know how hard any of you all practice, but hyponatremia is usually the result of extreme physical
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevis Atrys, you've Googled the wrong website (belonging to a bottled water company, probably) - for the umpteenth time. Or else you're about twenty years behind the times, when such 'advice' (especially in lifestyle magazi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison (DSU) Tuning Technique by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Very much appreciated Paul. Thank you!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

There must be a number of systems around. Thank you for pointing this out, Gary, because I wondered about that myself. Brian, is there a particular system you use? I was trying to puzzle this out. If a piece toggles between Bb major and G minor a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

And Atrys is the one who goes around accusing people of having superiority complexes.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: Old ManDrink when you're thirsty This is incomplete. If one is feeling thirsty, it's already too late. The whole point is to avoid the feeling of thirst. It follows that one should be drinking water r
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by FSO @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Atrys...on behalf of someone that does not even organize written language....You do not make any propositions, you do not attack any propositions, and commit yourself to fallacy by attacking the person....They said the same of J
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by TimV @ Yesterday at 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisYou're a danger to people. Have you really read and thought about what you're saying? I don't know how hard any of you all practice, but hyponatremia is usually the result of extreme physical activity (e.g. marathons)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevis Wow, you really are a hopeless case. You really have no insight, or even self-awareness. Like an infant, in fact. (Children have no real self-awareness until they are about 18 months old - another medical fact for you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal by S. Phillips @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

Unless they can measure very correctly, you won't know the model until you get there. There was no Academy piano at that time so it is a C. Bechstein. They had aggraffes all the way up the treble. Make sure you look carefully for a cracked plate.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by bennevis @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Atrys Yet, still, you have no proposition, you do not attack a proposition, and you commit yourself to fallacy. Your posts are literally meaningless, so I suppose there's nothing for me to say on that point The least I can do
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Old Man Wrong. The purpose of the thirst mechanism is to signal that water is needed. Exactly! You've contradicted yourself, Old Man. The logic is simple, I'm sure you can find the line and follow it if you try. Originally P
Page 16 of 36 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
158 registered (Adam Coleman, accordeur, 36251, 41 invisible), 1758 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74217 Members
42 Forums
153528 Topics
2249883 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Why 88 keys?
by gsmonks
Today at 03:01 PM
Casio AP range advice please
by thamajor7
Today at 01:38 PM
Installing plain wire: no twists involved
by A443
Today at 01:12 PM
Disney - Mulan - Reflection (arr. by K. Landry)
by Gi Dy
Today at 12:32 PM
A good introduction to history of French classical music?
by BWV 846
Today at 10:50 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission