Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
74 registered (Blackmetalrose, anadyr21, ajeales, agraffe, Bachus, 19 invisible), 1050 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude by benjamink @ 02/12/16 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By jonnyboy126played both, revolutionary is harder. once you learn the ocean, the patterns play themselves for the most part. in the revolutionary, the l.h. has some really tricky, intricate stuff. much riskier to perform, it can ea
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by pavanne1 @ 02/12/16 09:43 PM

My oldest student is 84 a retired dentist. She is doing quite well. There are plenty of careers you can do without being a piano master. I have known adults who have studied the Suzuki method, played through book 7 and then auditioned and attended t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude by gooddog @ 02/12/16 09:40 PM

The Revolutionary Etude requires fast finger work and IMO is much easier than the Ocean. I found the Ocean Etude, with its sweeping arpeggios and voicing, to be much more challenging. The patterns didn't come easily to me and I actually never finishe
Piano Teachers Forum
Don't people realize that they are spending thousands of dollars on lessons! It just doesn't make any sense to me not to secure the right piano and carve out time for practice. I've come to the conclusion some people just like the idea of having t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude by boo1234 @ 02/12/16 09:26 PM

For me, the Ocean etude is harder. It requires a lot of stamina!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PianoForAll by TheodorN @ 02/12/16 09:21 PM

R_B, I might even get the update, probably more enjoyable to watch the videos in HD, and with the extra inserted keyboard, not to mention the added clarity. Dmd, if the videos are in HD, then you have the new ones.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by cmybliss @ 02/12/16 09:18 PM

Montuno Fabulous! I really liked listening to your recording. Hearing those 1/4 notes sounding nice and even is very encouraging. I gave Parallel Motion a go last night and did find it quite simple. Still working on the dynamics. My spinet doesn'
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianodisc install/upgrade pros and cons? by mopac01 @ 02/12/16 09:17 PM

Well, it's been 11 months and perhaps your in laws are no longer in the market. But on the chance you're still considering this..... I would suggest you consider an antique upright and having it rebuilt. You have to go back nearly a century but pi
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Bridge & Pin Block Concerns by Bez @ 02/12/16 08:56 PM

Are these potential problems in an old piano?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: a Finale stem length issue by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 02/12/16 08:52 PM

You guys have me sleuthing how to elongate those note stems. And yes ... you can adjust stem lengths in MuseScore. And now I remember fiddling with the cross beams so they wouldn't collide with the staff lines. Right mouse click and edit.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who sells the best string covers by Chewbacca @ 02/12/16 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By GrandpianomanEdwards String Covers went out of business. I was referred to this company, but have not ordered one yet. http://www.dawsonstringcovers.com/ I ordered from them, they are great. I agree with the other feedbac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts New Steinway Tokyo showroom with unusual design by pianoloverus @ 02/12/16 08:37 PM

http://www.dezeen.com/2016/01/26/salt-steinway-son-tokyo-showroom-piano-components/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by jotur @ 02/12/16 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By barbaramYou are quite correct Charles, there is built in conversion, I never realised. This is what I have: Alesis LineLink Stereo 1/4" Jack USB Recording Cable http://www.alesis.com/products/legacy/linelink I have about a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi. I am new and a learner.. by JaydeesLaydee @ 02/12/16 08:25 PM

BTW you guys can call me Beth. I occasionally upload a video of my practice sessions. Here is the latest one I posted a couple days ago. Sorry it's sideways: my tablet doesn't want to auto rotate like it's supposed to sometimes. And btw I accept frie
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PianoForAll by dmd @ 02/12/16 08:22 PM

I just noticed this thread and I have PianoforAll. So, I just checked mine out to see how it worked within my newly installed Windows 10 environment with a new install of the latest Adobe Reader. Perfect ! Audio clips and movies all work fine. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jen, I agree with everyone's critique about the sustain pedal or legato (or both). I feel like you could use a bit more of both. It could be the recording in combination with using a keyboard vs acoustic, not sure. I really like your rubato, and the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude by jonnyboy126 @ 02/12/16 08:18 PM

played both, revolutionary is harder. once you learn the ocean, the patterns play themselves for the most part. in the revolutionary, the l.h. has some really tricky, intricate stuff. much riskier to perform, it can easily turn into a mess. that bei
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by wr @ 02/12/16 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By laguna_greg Although, there are a few objective distinctions one can draw. Pop music is quite unsophisticated compositionally, and not demanding vocally. I think part of its general appeal is that it lacks that kind of artisti
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi. I am new and a learner.. by JaydeesLaydee @ 02/12/16 08:12 PM

I think what I was asking is if anyone was familiar with the White brand player pianos and what they thought of them. I personally like it. I looked up refurbished ones just like it and about fell over at the cost of them: $20k or more! I am poor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by Monica K. @ 02/12/16 08:12 PM

Glad to hear you got it all worked out, Cathy! I would've hated to miss you in this recital.
Adult Beginners Forum
Welcome home!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I ordered a piano bench from Germany by Ataru074 @ 02/12/16 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By DrewBone"Very shagadelic carpet baby, yeah!" - Austin Powers Regards, Andy Relatively cheap way to dampen the sound of the piano :-) Ok, update. I should have ordered this thing a while ago. It's very comfy and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by Monica K. @ 02/12/16 08:07 PM

Good news after my disappointing flirtation with the concert in Amsterdam: I read on Facebook that Einaudi was appearing in Toronto on October 14th. That's a much more affordable trip from Kentucky than Amsterdam, and I quickly got hubby to agree t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts What to do with older pianodisc system? by mosspianotuning @ 02/12/16 08:02 PM

Hi all- I recently acquired a Knabe upright with an older Pianodisc 128plus system. I have read several threads on converting midi files to pianodisc format and playing them through the system...potentially setting up wireless connectivity. Throu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude by Ramzi @ 02/12/16 08:00 PM

I am currently working on Ocean Etude, and I really like it. I am about halfway there with decent tempo. How does it compare to Revolutionary Etude? I might want to learn that one next. Revolutionary seems to have a faster left hand than Ocean, but t
Page 16 of 27 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Polyester repair question.
by sescott
02/14/16 05:56 AM
Cold hands? Rub wrists!
by Cinnamonbear
02/13/16 11:02 PM
PROBLEMS WITH NEW PIANOS...
by Norbert
02/13/16 08:19 PM
Practice
by ee375
02/13/16 07:30 PM
Moskowski F major op 72 6 vs Chopin op 25 12?. Which is more
by rov
02/13/16 03:58 PM
Forum Stats
82,584 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,490 Topics
2,495,179 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission