Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
137 registered (Anne'sson, AlexHerrmann, augustm, agraffe, anamnesis, 37 invisible), 1539 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dare to challenge your own "musical taste"! by Riddler @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

What an intelligent, thoughtful, articulate, and civil group this is! Just had to say that. Ed
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by aliash @ Yesterday at 09:58 AM

Thank you mark, yes i have read the line where you mentioned the steingraebers qualities and after a second, or even a third opinion here i will give them a try. i have contacted them already.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Dave Frank/Pat Martino duo - Lean Years by DrBekken @ Yesterday at 09:55 AM

Great playing!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how to regulate your grand piano by yourself ? by tirta @ Yesterday at 09:55 AM

Ed & musicbased, it seems both of you are correct, the damper is late to go up, it goes up only when the hammer is very near the string. can this cause bobbling hammers? my keydip is 10mm and the key height from key bed is 65mm. thanks for the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My upright is good enough for me by Rickster @ Yesterday at 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By BeemerRick, No they are not weighted. The fun with this instrument is its accompaniment capability. I have literally every available instrument available and many variations of each. Brass, woodwind, strings, acoustic and electr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano solo or accompaniment only? by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Mari, I don't know how you can read that!!! If you can, that's great. I've tried and there is just too much on the page. If you think about it as chords + melody rather than just a splotch of 20 notes it's quite ma
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

A long time ago in this thread I made some comments without, I think, mentioning Steingraeber. Or maybe I did. But in any case, l'Il second what Toddler 2 said about build quality of Steingraeber. If you haven't ever touched one or seen one they real
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Jazz Tutorials by Riddler @ Yesterday at 09:42 AM

For those who are interested in learning jazz, here are links to a couple of new tutorial videos: Jazz Theory Explored Music Theory/Jazz Improvisation Techniques These videos are each about two hours long. They start with basics, but event
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: question on piano teachers by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By DameMyraiamanders, I'm not totally sure I understand you and what you're asking. Could you describe a typical lesson? Do you have assigned scales or technical studies? Do you get assigned specific things to practice? As a teach
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by aliash @ Yesterday at 09:33 AM

to toddler2: i appreciate the review and your opinion, yes it's a tough choice to make, wheater to have the greatest looking piano, or the greatest biult piano in detail or the best sounding, somehow i never considered a steingraeber, but have bosend
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano solo or accompaniment only? by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 09:33 AM

Mari, I don't know how you can read that!!! If you can, that's great. I've tried and there is just too much on the page.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales, chords and arpeggios by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 09:31 AM

I've started doing Czerny and B Major scale as a warm up. Occasionally I will also work on chromatic scale as a warm up. Seems when I do this my practice goes a little better. But Hanon, no, been there done that.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By harpsichorderAn interesting difference, also, for me- being on the short side with graduated eyeglass lenses, the music rack on the CA97 was too high to read from comfortably! (The CA10 is much better, but maybe a tad low....).
Piano Forum
It won't hurt the piano to have it tuned either, although it might need tuning again after it settles for a couple weeks.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Montage by JoeT @ Yesterday at 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By BachusThe flaw in your numbers is that you indicate only CPU power consumption.... The numbers are the typical power consumption of entire contemporary notebook and desktop PCs, while being used for digital audio work. Specifical
Originally Posted By harpsichorderI am not sure if I will add my speakers to this piano- it sounds pretty darn good "as is". And pianoteq? Perhaps I don't need it, though I love the old piano sounds and the harpsichords. Can I play pianote
Originally Posted By harpsichorderI know the CA97 has all the new features in it, but somehow the CA10 sounds more "real" to me. What about the CS11? The same "new features" as the CA97, but with the same "real" look&am
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha grand pianos and a few beginner questions by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:00 AM

Originally Posted By BrianDX Since everyone's hearing acuity is a bit different, one person's "bright" is another person's "soft". A piano will also sound different depending on the space. Pay attention to whether you are test
Originally Posted By harpsichorderI have to figure out how to get it home- doesn't fit in my car. Will probably rent a van and a dolly. Too heavy for me-(225 lbs). maybe use UHaul's forearm forklift and harness for 2 people. Anyone have any experien
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Technique Book? by f3r @ Yesterday at 08:51 AM

Never read that book but It will be hopefully out by this summer and available on Amazon. Read the comments written by Susan McKeever on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKXUswFm9b4
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how to regulate your grand piano by yourself ? by Ed A. Hall @ Yesterday at 08:45 AM

Here is the correct tool for adjusting the repetition spring strength on a piano with a butterfly spring. https://youtu.be/514vPQQ8gt8
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: question on piano teachers by DameMyra @ Yesterday at 08:35 AM

iamanders, I'm not totally sure I understand you and what you're asking. Could you describe a typical lesson? Do you have assigned scales or technical studies? Do you get assigned specific things to practice? As a teacher, I make assignments, thing
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Montage by Bachus @ Yesterday at 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By JoeTOriginally Posted By NotaBeneAbout Fukushima and electrical bills, the point is simple, a workstation is about 15 to 30W/H under 1A, when a DAW station with all the peripherals, is easily 300 to 500 Watts under 3 to 6A. Peopl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should you take lessons from same teacher as your child? by ViennaAutumn @ Yesterday at 08:26 AM

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm glad to hear that sharing teachers works well for some families, and even has its advantages. In the end I think Peter reinforced some qualms I had about sharing a teacher with my daughter. This is because of ou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 200 disklavier—is this E3 PRO? by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By CorvusThe Bösendorfer website touts the availability of the E3 disklavier in their 200 model, but there is no mention of whether this is the higher resolution E3 Pro system (used in Yamaha's C3X and larger grands), or the regula
Page 16 of 23 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Samick and Saturn
by Cafman1979
05/31/16 02:42 PM
Repertoire for Competition
by I like Piano
05/31/16 01:47 PM
Suzuki CTP-88 classroom teaching piano
by maninironmask
05/31/16 01:06 PM
Play Life More Beautifully
by pianoloverus
05/31/16 12:58 PM
Elton John's run
by Visalia
05/31/16 08:45 AM
Forum Stats
83,834 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,046 Topics
2,529,561 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission