Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
114 registered (Ankur Sethi, agraffe, Andriuska, 36251, Anne Francis, 29 invisible), 2069 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by David Farley @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By SaranoyaWell, David Farley, when looking at it from that particular angle, we might be tempted to say that 'classical music' is "everything not explicitly identified by any other name". I posted that as an example of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by Pianocat3 @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

Piano makes my heart sing in way few other activities do. I get frustrated like anyone, but I like tackling hard projects. I didn't realize there would be so much time commitment when I resumed lessons, but it's worth it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to automatically sharp or flat in the key by Pianocat3 @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

My teacher too, I practice thoughtfully, and nope, ain't working. I'm doubling down on it, try some more. Maybe I'm slow. I guess we all have different challenges on piano!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just getting to the bench by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

I've taken lessons from a teacher where I scheduled the next lesson at the end of the current lesson. Worse, we've left it open that "I would call when I wanted a lesson". And those strategies ended up with me skipping weeks, sometimes many
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2017 Thread by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

A few things I saw today.... A ContraBass Trumpet! A hotrod Seiler. A visit to Kim's Pianos, the Los Angeles dealer for The Matchless Cunningham pianos. Also a cool new app. for the Disklavier ... that the general public
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by J Soo @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

You are not going to find a satisfactory explanation or justification for music if you take a purely utilitarian, "objective" point of view. Music has many virtues; to me the highest of these are transcendental, hence ultimately beyond expl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha SX series? by Davdoc @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

It appeared that Yamaha introduced a new line called SX series at NAMM, with available sizes that seemed to complement the CF series. Is there any business insider here on PW, currently attending NAMM, who can provide some insights to this new line
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Ship to Us from musicstore.de. Bad idea? by newbert @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

I'm NOT supporting the idea to get it shipped from abroad for all the reasons mentioned in the thread. However, FWIW -- The VPC-1 can optionally get it's power from your computer's USB port. This might make the question of power brick compatibility
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by JazzyMac @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By Peter K. MoseThis sounds like a fine way to craft the often-problematic structure of master class teaching. Are there multiple groups taking place at the same time, Bruce? (Because I thought there were
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Well, David Farley, when looking at it from that particular angle, we might be tempted to say that 'classical music' is "everything not explicitly identified by any other name". Three weeks ago, my teacher said something at our class re
Of course. However, it sounds like that ... given the electronic equipment it is being(and has been) routed through. For example, I do not hear the same sound that you do because I have different electronic equipment I am routing it through. It al
Jump to new posts Re: Ship to Us from musicstore.de. Bad idea? by KHen @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Wow thanks everyone for the detailed responses. The power supply is something I didnt think about and you raise a good point. I'll have to check into this further. I will admit the $1200 price vs $1850 is the main thing that caught my eye. I read abo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by keystring @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Some years ago my son was a music major. At the time my tastes were relatively narrow, and frankly, I didn't know much. He started to introduce me to different kinds of music, especially during our long drive to university between semesters. I lea
Is this really what the Ivory II Steinway sounds like...? Because if it is... wow...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble reading Deck the hall sheet music by Carey @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By BDBI was referring to Nagasaki. Got it !!!
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by kickthetiger @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

Congratulations on your purchase. You ended up with something great and should be happy with it for years to come.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jeremy Denk's two-hour course in Western Music by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

I heard that he was doing this, and I was interested in hearing how the audience would respond. It sounds like he did a superb job. Thanks for your report.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

I don't know that I was looking for any particular kind of answer, malkin. It's just that my boyfriend made me realize something I had never been truly conscious of before: I believe that some things are a better use of free time than others, but whe
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Advice by rysowers @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

I was also thinking about uprights. They can be sensitive to weight issues as well. You don't feel it in the key so much, so it is more of a tonal issue, especially from the middle up through the treble. I once replaced a set of hammers on an old u
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you play piano? by Jolly @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Are Floyd Kramer, Pig Robbins and Fats Waller pianists? What about somebody who has had no or very few lessons and plays by ear, unable to read a line of music? Would you term them piano players or pianists?
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by SSK @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences about various digital pianos. I bought the Kawai CN35 today from a local dealer and will be picking it up in next few days. Originally Posted By technical koYou're in the US, right? Assuming so
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trimming grand dampers by rysowers @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

I use a pair of high quality German hair cutting sissors that I bought from Jurgen at Pianoforte supply. http://www.pianofortesupply.com/tools/pliersscissors/damper-scissors/damper-scissors-5-5-3/
Piano Forum
Quote:"Dealer prep" is doing what is necessary to bring the piano into reasonable good condition, in tuning, tone quality, and touch. "Best possible condition" is better. Making customers happy and earning you business. Even lea
Jump to new posts Re: NOTE TO YAMAHA - make your stage keyboards more attractive! by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By 36251 the Roland could easily move their pitch bend above the keys. 88 notes makes the thing long enough. That might work. Something like this:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dodeka keyboard by RubberFingers @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By RubberFingersI'm amazed how well the several-century old system works. Whoever came up with it is genius. If you mean the notation system, it was Guido of Arezzo. He was a monk in Italy about 10
Page 16 of 30 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Suggestions for contemporary piano pieces?
by piano2002
01/22/17 10:41 PM
Let's see your home made tuning hammers!
by Tom Delmonte
01/22/17 10:12 PM
Bösendorfer CEUS discontinued?
by Corvus
01/22/17 08:49 PM
Cord/Key Conflict
by TomGould
01/22/17 05:06 PM
Key top replacement
by kennyz
01/22/17 03:21 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,345 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,954 Topics
2,591,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission