Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
105 registered (alerique, agraffe, ando, augustm, 26 invisible), 1892 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
If you are selling your skills at professional level why would you not want to belong to a professional organization? There are so many resources available to support us - it just dont happen anywhere else. Also you will be able to give back what you
Adult Beginners Forum
Note that he says he doesn't recommend it for children learning music or those pursuing serious or professional piano study.... I don't think the Hao staff is well-suited for sight-reading, because it takes too much vertical space on the page. Hmm
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
The Pioneer VSX-329 is a low-end unit. It's adequate for the purpose. But you might consider buying a receiver on Ebay. For example: I bought a low-end Yamaha unit. It listed at $229 when new. I bought it seven years old for just $32. You can get a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: your thoughts on the blues? by Simon_b @ 08/27/16 08:27 PM

Hi jjo The version of the head I remember was C minor, but I'm frequently wrong! The difference may be down to tenor sax being a transposing instrument, not to mention that your ear is undoubtedly better than mine. In fact looking around on-line I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is listening to Spotify (etc.) morally dubious? by ClsscLib @ 08/27/16 08:24 PM

Bruce, I am happy to pay the monthly fee for premium, commercial-free Spotify. I like three things about Spotify. First, I do find the sound quality to be consistently much better than YouTube. Second, the selection of pieces is enormous. I get e
Jump to new posts Re: Worth it for Part-time Tuner to Join PTG as Associate? by Nathan Monteleone @ 08/27/16 08:23 PM

The cost is the same whether you're an RPT or Associate. I'm nowhere close to full time and I've been in the guild for 6 years now, so obviously I think it's worth it Granted I have a very active local chapter. But I also like getting the Journal
Piano Forum
I totally understand that it is a business. And I think that's a good thing. Great competition produces better pianos! My main concern is that, when I'm buying a new piano, I want the dealer to advise me and help me choose the right piano--not to
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by SoundThumb @ 08/27/16 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneYou should replace gear then, not stack it. In my head I know you are right. But my heart says no.
Jump to new posts Re: Vibration on pedals and bass section of the keyboard by Nathan Monteleone @ 08/27/16 08:02 PM

A couple questions: - How long have you had this piano? - How long between the previous tuning, and the one that seems to have caused the problem? I suspect it might be the tuning that caused the new feelings of vibration, especially if it hadn't b
It is worth getting some actual decent headphones by the way. (Unless you just mean you are getting some $150 dollar ones for $10 as part of the deal).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 9 foot young Chang concert grand by Karl Watson @ 08/27/16 07:54 PM

Nathan: "You're a better man that I, Gunga Din." Going against the advice of Sally Phillips, Ed McMorrow AND Rich Galassini takes a very special brand of self-confidence. To what use do you plan to put this instrument ? I hope it serv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading a score with bifocals by malkin @ 08/27/16 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By peterwsOriginally Posted By bennevisDon't forget that under bright lighting, your pupils contract and your vision improves (like having a smaller hole in a pin-hole camera - yes, I'm that old..... ). As a kid, before I knew I ne
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Tubbie0075 @ 08/27/16 07:33 PM

Get the deluxe album. It has videos of most (if not all) of the tracks plus chats etc. There's one in particular where they talked about "String" Theory. You'll enjoy it!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 9 foot young Chang concert grand by nathanthepianist @ 08/27/16 07:33 PM

Hi everybody. I just wanted to let you all know that I did purchase the Young Chang concert grand, sight unseen, after I had a locally well known and respected RPT inspect it. He was highly impressed, and it only needs minor maintenance work (possibl
Originally Posted By michaelvi I have TEAC (not mine - one that I need to return), an amp from the same range approx., and unfortunatelly Headphones are fine, but sound it produces through speakers is very far from being acceptable... A lot of disto
The ES8 plays really well - speaking mainly of its action and how it triggers the sound. I don't think you'd be disappointed. I'm assuming you want the built in speakers and amp. If not you should also check out Yamaha CP-4, Kawai MP7 and or 11, a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Ralphiano @ 08/27/16 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By Tubbie0075Update: I bought the following albums from Apple iTunes recently (sometimes this year). I placed a YouTube video clip for one of the pieces the artist record in the album. Check them out! Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, E
Quote: . . . I still use my Mackie 450 powered speaker with my Korg Triton and T-1. It has a great, clear sound. I used to use it when I was in a rock band. . . . It should have good sound, with a 12" woofer (400 watts RMS amp) and horn-loade
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading a score with bifocals by peterws @ 08/27/16 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisDon't forget that under bright lighting, your pupils contract and your vision improves (like having a smaller hole in a pin-hole camera - yes, I'm that old..... ). As a kid, before I knew I needed glasses, I used to star
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guide mains/French translation needed by keystring @ 08/27/16 06:53 PM

That section was interesting for me personally as a student. I had originally been self-taught as a child, and the playing habits that developed were less than ideal. The various motions that these young pianists had to cut out of their playing in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Tubbie0075 @ 08/27/16 06:40 PM

Update: I bought the following albums from Apple iTunes recently (sometimes this year). I placed a YouTube video clip for one of the pieces the artist record in the album. Check them out! Yuja Wang, album "Fantasia": Rachmaninov, Scriab
Adult Beginners Forum
i'm new playing started self teaching and after suggestions I got a teacher, had my first lesson a few days ago. my teacher teaches school ad does private lessons, has over 80 students in private lessons. here is what he told me: he told me book one
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by doughnut hole @ 08/27/16 06:03 PM

Oh crap you were the Copland guy. Sorry! The Copland was great..that piece scares the crap out of me.
I have the Casio Privia PX-350 it has about the best reviews in that price range p60 has the better led menu but 350 has better speakers.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Working on Liszt's transcendental Etude No.2 Any tips? by ChopinLives81 @ 08/27/16 05:58 PM

::Bump:: Nearly done learning the notes, I have about 10 more measure to complete and then who knows how long before I can comfortably execute this piece. I gotta say, I thought the 2nd Legend was difficult, but this etude (as well as any of the tra
Page 16 of 21 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bechstein 5'9"
by Works1
08/29/16 09:26 AM
Kawai piano recall- bad glue??
by pianodad11
08/29/16 09:23 AM
Nord Piano 3 anyone?
by CyberGene
08/29/16 08:26 AM
Suggestions for new pieces!
by gwhilton
08/29/16 07:31 AM
Distance learning part time degree in music
by zyxwvu
08/29/16 01:47 AM
Forum Stats
84,810 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,819 Topics
2,551,297 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission