Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
Starts March 13 in NY!
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
154 registered (ARpiano, Atharv Goel, ando, Alexander Borro, ajames, agraffe, 34 invisible), 2362 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrids? by keykeyzkeys @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By Frédéric LYamaha, Kawai-US, and Casio claim to sell hybrid pianos, but none mean the same thing by hybrid !! Yamaha : a real piano action (N1, N2, N3X, NU1), Casio : an action inspired by a grand action but simplified (GP300,
Pianist Corner
Thx for the input everyone .. I am looking for a martial arts that uses mainly fine motor skills. I know most of the martial arts will use some kind of fine motor skill however the reason I brought up aikido and tae kwon do is firstly, I know TKD u
Having had very recent experience of the GF2 and PHA-50 I don't think there's any comparison. The Kawai just feels so much more satisfying to me. But the only opinion that matters is yours. Can't you find somewhere to try these things out?
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop recommendations for Virtual Piano - CFX by newer player @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

On Reddit I found a tweak that significantly improved my laptop's latency stats per LatencyMon, particularly the "hard pagefault resolution time": https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/5w4v1u/favor_request_check_dpc_latency_on_a_9560/de8b
It made a bug difference here the specific 605 tunings did. They really took the sound systems into account nice even tone across the board. Did you follow the volume setting advice on the ones you didn't like? Did here, within reason ( usual
Jump to new posts Re: CLP545 vs HP603 vs CA17 by Goss @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Be súre to try the PIano Designer App and try the specific GP607 tunings! Will make a húge difference to the sound quality. Basically 2 or 3 well capable technicians made tunings specifically for all the different models ( all the various HP and L
The app (and BT midi reception) are incredibly buggy. Sometimes the piano just blurts "The unit cannot handle this much midi data. Error 40." (Or something close to that.) You'll have to turn the piano off and on again. To be honest, with
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any tips for learning and maintaining longer pieces? by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

Remember to also do HT work. When working HT, start out at a slow pace until you have all the fingering, movement, and coordination worked out. You might also look for the Beethoven F major and G major Sonatinas. (These might only apocryphally be
Jump to new posts Grand Feel II, PHA-50, etc - speed, repetitions, quality by pinkfloydhomer @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

I need a digital piano action that - feels and plays like a quality grand piano action - allows for fast, precise playing, fast key return, fast repetitions - has good consistent build quality As far as I can tell from various threads, the Kawai G
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By CandywomanWould it not be better to encourage these parents to teach their kids to look after people who need help, by being examples of charity themselves, rather than allow their kids to learn the finer points of how to bounce
Adult Beginners Forum
Today I read some of the instructor's ideas on practice in the forum (which has tons of interesting insights but has become somewhat inactive), and noticed the instructor's emphasis on always practicing with expression. I went back to the simple exer
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks to you both for the insight and feedback. This piece definitely feels at the edge of my capabilities, but I haven't quite had a genuine stretch piece in a long time so I'm enjoying that aspect of it. Technique-wise, the piece is interesting in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2017 - 8-9 July - Bulgaria by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

I have booked a professional soloist for one evening of the party.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by Piano2138 @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

31. Sam S - Sonata K380 Loved your interpretation! Very good dynamics and lively sound. Congratulations for the playing from memory achievement. 33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme Modern sound, charming, confident interpretation. 34. that'sRich - Nigh
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Goss @ Yesterday at 12:57 PM

oh that's how it works alright - just spend some time with the piano designer interface :differences between concert ballad mellow and bright are just parameter changes - changing one parameter wont cause that little pause, but changing áll of them
Jump to new posts Anyone Splitting Their Keyboard? by newbert @ Yesterday at 12:55 PM

....Not literally, of course. Actually, I'm looking for some inspiration here. I like to play 70's, 80's, and 90's Pop (Billy Joel, Elton John, The Eagles, etc) and jazz standards. I've recently acquired a mini-keyboard and have it attached to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spooky Waltz by justyna_ewa @ Yesterday at 12:40 PM

Prokofiev - Waltz (from Cinderella) op. 102 no. 1, I don't know, if it's spooky, but for me -emotionally disturbing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhDDOHYRrZc
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by bennevis @ Yesterday at 12:33 PM

In case this is of interest to anyone (and there's no reason why it should be, but as I happen to be here......), on my V-Piano, if you switch between different sounds while playing, there is an audible silent gap. All the sounds in the V are modelle
Adult Beginners Forum
So finally some time to respond here. Was busy with organizing a boxing gala which was yesterday. As it was a last minute adoption (previous organizer couldn't fund it) there was a lot to do in little time plus my own training and then practicing on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Career Academy -diary for Russian Method online course by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By RichrfCurrently, I am practicing the second lesson which is focusing on pieces 8-11 in the book. The instructor demonstrated full arm wave-like movement (which energetically begins at the back) for e
Adult Beginners Forum
The FAQ for this site is comprehensive and accurate: Course FAQ Here is a list of all of the video tutorials for the Beginning course: Beginner Course curriculum
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you play this arpeggio? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 12:23 PM

Personally, I'd call it an 'arpeggiated chord'. But what do I know? I'm only someone who thinks he can play the piano......
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any tips for learning and maintaining longer pieces? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By joename I'm having trouble learning new chunks of the piece while also maintaining what I've previously learned. I either feel like I'm spinning my wheels bringing earlier parts of the piece up to the suggested tempo, or I'm movi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bluthner 238 by Myds @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

I was talking about rebuilt Bluthners. In my search for available Bluthners, the ratio is about 5-7 to 1 in favour of Europe, if not higher. That being said, I should have stated some countries in Europe - it is a domestic piano in Germany. I foun
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is note guessing bad? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By Cutestpuppieguessing the notes when you read sheet music a bad tactic to use? I rather guess the note than counting the line and spaces. I guess the note till I hear the correct note is that bad habit or ok? Just wondering. Any
Page 16 of 29 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 28 29 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dave Smith Instruments OB-6
by CyberGene
02/28/17 12:30 PM
Roland PHA-50 action owners
by Monnet
02/28/17 12:23 PM
Rolling the LH
by fatar760
02/28/17 11:00 AM
Good analysis of Bach's Goldberg Variations?
by BWV 846
02/28/17 09:34 AM
Octave Sizes
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
02/28/17 09:26 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,833 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,779 Topics
2,602,700 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission