Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: HakkiWith the spread of knowledge freely on the internet and the vast number of written and other media available free, recently this kind of business has become obsolete and turned to a non-profit waste of effort. Nowadays, th
Jump to new posts Re: Just Tuned a Kawai 5'10" Grand Piano KG-2E by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul678 I measured C and F for the six octaves with Tunelab, and that certainly saved some time (versus C-E-G). Obviously a tuning done fully aurally can be done quicker, but do you folks have any advice for speeding up the p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Kawai K-500 by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 07:36 AM

Congrats, that's a beauty!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I have been deceived by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 07:34 AM

How old are you Wurlifan?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: difficulty in sight reading left hand notes by hobby @ Yesterday at 07:32 AM

thank you!! i play more the bass clef now than before and i hope to get better!!yes of course it is rewarding when you can play some pieces which were unreachible to you!i discover more and more that piano playing needs except of loving it, huge amou
Adult Beginners Forum
Whizbang: thank you for your outrage on my behalf. It may not be very becoming of me to say this, but it actually warms my heart to know that there are people out there who get angry about this kind of stuff. I want to be perfectly clear, though: th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed…Kawai VPC1 by EP @ Yesterday at 07:17 AM

I can tell you that when I had my VPC1 I used the midi out and USB out at the same time with no problems. No speculation there.
Jump to new posts Re: 1500 euros price range - Kawai against Yamaha and Roland by Abby Pianoman @ Yesterday at 07:16 AM

Forgot to add this: Any dealer, knowing that you have money to spend, will order whatever Piano you want, even if they don't stock it. That's what happened in my case. And that's how they make their living.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert 4-hands by fnork @ Yesterday at 07:06 AM

The Andantino varié, mentioned by Scordatura, is a particularly beautiful gem. By the way, there are also solo transcriptions of this (I believe even Horowitz programmed this one in his early years!), but that's terribly difficult. The 4-hand version
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Musically Mechanically by johan d @ Yesterday at 06:57 AM

Can i post images here?
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano in the CA65 and HP-506 price range by KlaverZD @ Yesterday at 06:51 AM

Kawai James, thank you for your kindness. However, just today, I was able to find a store with a CA65 and a CA95, so now I have tried them. I must admit, the wood keys are indeed fascinating to play with.
Jump to new posts Re: Just Tuned a Kawai 5'10" Grand Piano KG-2E by RonTuner @ Yesterday at 06:49 AM

Not sure where you live and how far off the piano was to begin - seasonal variations? If the piano begins more than 5 or 10 cents from where you want to leave it, go ahead and do two passes. The newer pitch raise function on tunelab seems to work r
Jump to new posts Re: 1500 euros price range - Kawai against Yamaha and Roland by Abby Pianoman @ Yesterday at 06:48 AM

The Kawai MP7 sells for around 1307 Euros in Spain. Great DP. I had it for about 2 weeks.Great sounds and key action. Changed it for the MP11 because of the Grand Feel action.The MP11 costed me 2000 Euros here in Spain as a bundle together with a S
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Musically Mechanically by keystring @ Yesterday at 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By: johan dAnd here's my version :-) http://soundcloud.com/jdg072/17-1 You've got the first stage - correct notes, accurate timing. Can you detect phrases in this? If you think of the song Twinkle: Twinkle, twinkle little star,
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed…Kawai VPC1 by dmd @ Yesterday at 06:40 AM

A lot of speculation being spewed here. Here is something that I know works. I just signed up for the PianoMarvel trial version. Downloaded and assigned my MIDI connection from my ES7 and ... DONE ! Simple. Worked perfectly ! That gets my vote.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes I dislike the feeling of being...altered in any way. Interesting. To me, the whole appeal of music, especially classical music, is based on the feeling of being "altered".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Musically Mechanically by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 06:36 AM

That's not bad at all! Also, this kind of exercises may not be very musical to begin with. It's easier with music that you can sing and hear very clearly in your head, music that has lots of light and shadows. But whatever you play, as soon as you kn
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Bill Evans - Bill Evans master class by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 06:24 AM

We want to go with the 12345321 12345321 all the way up and 54321345 54321345 all the way down for jazzhanon 1. It's ok if there's a slight jump in between starting points. Part of the reason for doing it this way is to break the classical "rule
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkarianPhacke's right. This is a darker stain of wood. You better believe I would have left that piano where it sat if that were a separation! Thank you Phacke and Markarian, I have seen a few of the new rims and hadn't n
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Search by keystring @ Yesterday at 05:59 AM

Hopefully getting real. To the OP: You have had two years of piano lessons, and then taught yourself for four years. You're in your sixties (I'm not much younger). You have written a list of expectations that is all over the place. Some of them s
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed…Kawai VPC1 by Maxpiano @ Yesterday at 05:56 AM

It depends on the application, some programs take exclusive control of the assigned MIDI port. I don't know if Piano Marvel does (could be), so I am suggesting a potential workaround just in case.
Jump to new posts Piano Tuning Database by Sean Montgomery @ Yesterday at 05:35 AM

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum and am looking for a simple, easy to use database solution for my partner's piano tuning business. There have been numerous articles on this subject in the past but nothing that seems up to date. Something c
Adult Beginners Forum
Linda you make me laugh. Thanks Earlofmar for the encouragement, but I really am wondering about getting that left hand moving, I sort of have the melody half reasonable, but your right there is a lot of time left to practice. Oh Linda here's a lin
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha NU1 or Roland HP508 by CyberGene @ Yesterday at 05:24 AM

I am a great proponent of real acoustic pianos. However I've played two different NU1-s and despite the real upright piano action, I think there is something completely wrong with either the action itself or the key-sound connection. I have compared
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinhoven... where's the discussion? by aesop @ Yesterday at 05:22 AM

I love the sound of Brodmann very much, and it is quite unique, especially on that price level. It happens that some of the tier 1 pianos are not so attractive to me. I think higher price may mean higher quality for performance, but it is not a gua
Page 16 of 34 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
75 registered (aesop, Ben_NZ, AndrewJCW, bgiles, Allard, beet31425, 16 invisible), 1103 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75898 Members
42 Forums
156857 Topics
2304761 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tuning my piano with an app
by johan d
Today at 03:14 AM
Tuning a piano
by johan d
Today at 02:14 AM
Yamaha CLP-430 or Roland RP-401?
by masterboy
Today at 01:22 AM
NY Steinway in Russia
by victor kam
Today at 12:38 AM
DAMPP CHASER
by tksler
Today at 12:05 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission