Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
123 registered (accordeur, Aibohphobia, ando, barakbk, 33 invisible), 1765 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

Variation 3 has been uploaded. http://nhpianos.com/diabelli-variation-3/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by itsfreakingmeout @ Yesterday at 08:24 AM

Your supposed to sit in front of the C. I lean forward slightly before I play to make sure I can easily spread my arms and hands up and down the keyboard
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P22 vs Yamaha M3 by violarules @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

I teach music in public schools and am split between three schools (I teach Strings only). In one of my schools, I have a P22 that was "original equipment", bought when the school was built in the mid-1980's. In the other two schools I have
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by TimR @ Yesterday at 08:05 AM

Originally Posted By laguna_greg Originally Posted By TimR Where i disagree with you is in the idea that the majority of music is learned that way. Piano students are a small subset of musicians. Well, then we do disagree. To begin with, pian
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: High end piano suggestions by Ottawa58 @ Yesterday at 08:04 AM

For keyboard feel, I like the Kawai slabs; for piano sound quality I prefer Pianoteq and Ravenscroft to built-in sounds; and for pure all-round flexibility and tailoring I like the new Kronos K2-88. I'm waiting around for the next iteration of the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by outo @ Yesterday at 08:00 AM

I tend to sit more into the right, centered around the E...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gender ratio among pianists by outo @ Yesterday at 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By chopinoholicAnd how does the performance of a piece differ between genders? Is there a difference? Are there pieces which are more suited for either a man or a woman? Since there are no specific properties that would be exc
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by TimR @ Yesterday at 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By TimRDoes transposing teach ear playing to some extent? (Provided you do it mentally and not by using a notation program!) Are you talking about transposing music that you already know and memorized?
Jump to new posts Re: Speakers for Roland RD-800 by Ottawa58 @ Yesterday at 07:54 AM

I would stick with the yamaha HS7 speakers. They are perfect for a stage piano in a home studio. However, I also have a small yamaha sub that adds some low end. But remember that with studio monitors you have to position them correctly to get the bes
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by mcoll @ Yesterday at 07:49 AM

L.E. progress or congress? Thank you for pointing that out fizikisto :))
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A 435 tuning fork needed. by pyropaul @ Yesterday at 07:44 AM

I found 435Hz tuning fork on Amazon with a simple search for "435Hz Tuning Fork". Also this one probably in Germany Paul.
Jump to new posts Re: A 435 tuning fork needed. by pyropaul @ Yesterday at 07:42 AM

As others have suggested, if you have a smart phone or laptop, why not use an electronic reference? Paul.
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 07:33 AM

If con if the opposite of pro, does that mean that congress is the opposite of progress? (sorry, couldn't resist
Jump to new posts Re: Quick FP-30 review by AllaBreve @ Yesterday at 07:33 AM

Ah... thanks for the clarification on that point. Apparently, I'd been accessing the sound bank via the menu printed above the keys—namely, holding down the "OTHER" button and pressing keys labeled C2-A3 to select sounds. This actually wo
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by johan d @ Yesterday at 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By Mark PolishookIn my opinion the best contemporary book there is. The grandfather of contemporary counterpoint books is Do you think it's possible to learn from it as 2.5 yrs beginning piano student? Or is it too dufficult for non
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 07:26 AM

TonyB, I think having a good teacher who can watch you and give you feedback can speed your progress tremendously. They can also help you correct bad habits before they become ingrained in you. And of course, if you had had a good teacher th
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage uprights really not worth rebuilding? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 07:24 AM

Quote:The thing is most people don't want to spend more on something than it is worth. Most old uprights having been rebuilt would be worth far less than the cost of the rebuild. So unless there is a compelling personal reason to rebuild, why would y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What They Didn't Tell You About The 10,000-Hour Rule by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 07:21 AM

Originally Posted By 8 Octaves It means you can’t come home, do the dishes, mow the lawn, take care of your kids. Someone has to do that stuff for you. That was my argument, Is science saying I can stop mowing the lawn? You don't need to tell me
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared Piano? by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 07:11 AM

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 07:06 AM

PS88, with the Schubert book, even if you just do first and second species you've got a nice basis. And that is a great book. In my opinion the best contemporary book there is. The grandfather of contemporary counterpoint books is http://www.opus28.c
Jump to new posts Re: Who appreciates tone quality more? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 07:04 AM

Fitting new damper felts to an overdamper action is a job I have only ever done once. I used the correct 'end grain' felt (which I don't know if you can still get from the supply houses) and the little hard strip for the last few treble ones. It was
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by mcoll @ Yesterday at 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By mcollTo conclude - progress or no progress? Which do you prefer?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by Compianist @ Yesterday at 07:01 AM

I sit upright, hands held straight and horizontally at the keyboard and fingers curved perpendicularly, at the middle C region of the keyboard.
Jump to new posts A 435 tuning fork needed. by music kitchen @ Yesterday at 06:58 AM

I wish to request for any possible assistance from any member of this forum to get a copy of A435hz tuning fork. I have tried to get from any available dealer online but to no avail.Any information as to how I can have a copy is highly appreciated.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Similar pieces to Pachebel's Canon în D by Compianist @ Yesterday at 06:54 AM

For some reason, I think Friends Forever, by Vitamin C, sounds very similar to the Pachelbel Canon in D by Bach. I think the harmonic progression is the same throughout the whole song.
Page 16 of 27 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kenya burns stockpile of ivory
by accordeur
Today at 01:43 PM
Was Rachmaninoff a spy?
by JoelW
Today at 01:22 PM
Still working on those Ii-V-I combinations!
by Vanacari
Today at 01:20 PM
Settling in your new piano
by Beemer
Today at 01:14 PM
Dave Frank/Pat Martino Master Class in Philly 5/22
by Dfrankjazz
Today at 12:39 PM
Forum Stats
83,463 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,312 Topics
2,520,007 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission