Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
115 registered (ando, Albunea, A Flat Minor, anotherscott, AprilE, Bachus, 31 invisible), 1452 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano books all 4books by dat77 @ Yesterday at 11:11 AM

Thank you for all your replys. I will continue with all the books and I just bought piano adventures popular repertoire book level 4 so I will have 5 books. I do like the music in the piano adventures books. I am not crazy about the technique and ar
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Goodbye Old Friend by rustyfingers @ Yesterday at 11:10 AM

Thanks Cassia. I sold it to a piano tech who specializes in Steinways who wanted it, just because. So it will continue to be well loved, I think. By the way, I see you're from Portland. I have family there. The piano in question spent quite a bit
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Providence @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By EnvadeI'll have to echo what Gseb and OrganAssist said, thanks Jay for all the response and information, it made my choise easier. My 605 finally arrived today, and i love it! I even solved the "muddy bass" i described
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My Chickering by mungo @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

Guy, Ok, I get it now. That does make sense the way you wrote it. The strings on mine are hitched all the way to the top. Originally Posted By guylThe closeup of the soundboard shows that at some point a "repair" of the soundboard was d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by dogperson @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

Starting NOW!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: overcoming 'what's the use' feeling by tbonesays @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaReading you in the forum, dogperson, I can see you've been a very conscientious learner of piano, working hard to improve. Maybe now it is a good moment to sit back, remember, look at the big picture and FEEL PROUD of your
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do I tip the piano movers? by pianoMom2006 @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

We had a very easy piano move. It's a long story but we just needed to have them move it from our truck to the house. They were in and out in less than 30 minutes. We paid the moving company 250 dollars and we tipped the 3 guys 10 dollars each. If i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by KirilLaskon @ Yesterday at 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By Robert Scott Between any two partials, an IH constant can be calculated from the difference of their offsets. If the string were behaving ideally, this IH constant would be the same regardless of which pair of partials we use.
Adult Beginners Forum
I've gone to listen to them all, Greener, and yes, some are a bit familiar. The most famous of all is "In my life". Edit: That was until jotur joined with her pieces. Those are really popular, aren't they? I guess it is ok as long as yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi everyone, I followed all the great success stories in this forum. I didn't participate much lately, but I'm still around. Blackjack: Your soundcloud performances are so good already. I like the best how much you conquered to play with expression,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Piano Curriculum? by tbonesays @ Yesterday at 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90Originally Posted By tbonesaysOn that 90% cutoff, if true it may be because the pianists are satisfied with their repertoire range and would rather polish it than press for the truly elite pieces.A nice wish but sadly not s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: overcoming 'what's the use' feeling by dat77 @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

I went through something similar 4 or 5 months ago. I had no motivation. I even thought about giving up piano but I keep at it. Then I gave up method books (4 of them) and just worked on music I liked. Clementi helped me get over it. I did this f
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By brassplyerI'm a long-time trumpet player. Took a couple of semesters of keyboard proficiency in college. I have a pretty solid handle on the mechanics of music but after a number of years want to elevate my piano skills beyond sc
Adult Beginners Forum
Chances are, you'll know them when you hear them. Does this ring a bell for you ...
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By zrtf90Originally Posted By outoI'm not really into pop...I can understand you not liking the Billboard Hot 100, Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Hot Chocolate, outo, but what about Coldplay, Snow Patrol or Vanilla Ice? Ok, I think y
Jump to new posts Re: Chickering damper pedal by mungo @ Yesterday at 10:39 AM

Jimbob, I had a look at the larger version of the picture that Craig posted and was able to see much more detail. At this point, since finding a replacement seem unlikely, I am going to make some rough version using different types of wood. Scallopi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do I tip the piano movers? by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

I don't really get this tipping thing. A place where you know that people are working for tips like a restaurant it's ok... but for example I don't really understand the logic at a hair saloon or movers... of course somebody giving you extra money is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: learning Brazilian jazzy stuff by David Farley @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

Christopher Norton has a book of Latin Preludes. He using a lot of Latin rhythms, but not exclusively, in some of his graded books. http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/the-...t-music/5862744
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by f3r @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

Hmmm... I think the problem is different: it is kinda stuck at the start. Meanwhile I found the middle C might have the issue you pointed out. B0 moves up quickly enough to have a rebound, the middle C does not.
Adult Beginners Forum
I have just realized the definition of "popular" is not clear at all, because I don't know any of the songs in the Sign Up Thread.
Electronic tuning devices have improved, but there is still room for improvement, especially at the extremes. But they do not work the same way as the human ear. This whole discussion has been rather convoluted, as far as I am concerned. To me, it is
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dire tonicJeff, if you're happy to look after this recital once it comes to fruition (unless I misunderstood!) do you want to start the ball rolling with discussion and sign-up threads? Sure. The sign up thread is started. Do we
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By outoFilm music is OK? I'm not really into pop... I doubt you'll be excluded but why not google for something like the 'best songs of...'. I'm sure you'll hear something you recognise and like.
Jump to new posts Re: DGX upgrade. . by Groove On @ Yesterday at 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By Bachuswhat Yamaha should ... build a stage piano version or a module of Tyros 5 (with the piano room featuere and sounds of the CVP709) and offcourse the action of the cp4....That is drool worthy. I gig every week with a borrowed
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by toughbo @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Page 16 of 27 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
God Save the Queen
by Dru Morgan
10/04/15 11:51 AM
by Simon Hester
10/04/15 11:12 AM
Leon Fleisher Appreciation
by ClsscLib
10/04/15 09:54 AM
Did Liberace ever play the Moonlight 3rd mvt?
by brassplyer
10/04/15 07:18 AM
What ultra famous piece is this?
by JoelW
10/04/15 02:29 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,942 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,289 Topics
2,451,531 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission