Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Hey W, since neither of us can sight read, let's do this the easy way ... Derelux got you on the path, Quote:you could easily come up with just as good or better arrangement and presentation yourself Greener, threw in another thought that is spot
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Not so OT : It is about " the action of grand piano, by Nikolaus Schimmel - 1992) Nikolaus Schimmel always tried to get numbers for any element in the instruments an particularity the action. With the tendency of the times to obtain somewhat ma
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by 36251 @ Yesterday at 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoMarko, Wow, that's awesome! great coincidences Now all you need is the picture from "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader."
Jump to new posts Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Jon Page @ Yesterday at 06:57 AM

I have come across Ron Koval's endeavors on temperaments and have replaced ET for the majority of my tunings with the Koval 1.3. It is not too far afield from ET and is more of a "Relaxed Fit" tuning-wise, ET with the corners rounded. ET t
It sounds like the hammer is not hitting the string at its strike point. All impact. BTW, have you tried Ron's Equal Temperament Substitute: Koval 1.3, it's outstanding. I'll post more info in a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle or ru
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Rooms in Tokyo, Japan by littlebirdblue @ Yesterday at 06:50 AM

There is an affordable piano studio in Shinjyuku but as with everything else in life, you might get what you pay for: http://www.otoren.com/accessmap/ The company linked below has studios all over Tokyo but their Shinjyuku branch only has studio DP
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by wr @ Yesterday at 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveHere is what John Eliot Gardiner explained about the Mendelssohn quote (and the reason I think he put that quote in his book is because he felt wholly unsatisfied with his attempt to describe the meaning in Bach's pas
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by 36251 @ Yesterday at 06:47 AM

Life would be great if I only had to carry my DP and an amp, and when I showed up at gig everything else was provided - but using a table and a big living room chair just doesn't look good. So, I carry around a stand, a piano stool and a bag/suitcase
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss from playing piano by Lester Burnham @ Yesterday at 06:46 AM

I've spent a fair amount of time visiting audiology clinics with my son, as well as allowing them to request thorough investigation into casual factors. Some basics:- The majority of hearing loss is acquired After THOROUGH investigations (by that
Adult Beginners Forum
Yep, got up at 4:45 this am and he was waiting for the first PM early riser in the den. Good to see you back Fil!! Pop
Jump to new posts Re: Noisy keys on a 2 years old Casio PX-135 by pake10 @ Yesterday at 06:16 AM

I'm pretty sure that I don't open it based on your experiences. But if I get too annoyed for the noise, how can I access the felts? Can I just access it by opening the piano and taking the keybed apart or is it required to remove keys to see the felt
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by Digitalguy @ Yesterday at 06:05 AM

As already said above the argument of cost doesn't hold if the item is sold as an accessory. 2 holes in the keyboard cost virtually nothing... And note how Jay, whose presence I really appreciate in this forum, had no more arguments to reply when thi
Originally Posted By: beethoven986 Actually, you risk more than that. Professional movers get hurt all the time. It's not something that should be entrusted to an uninsured amateur. Yes, thanks for reminding us. However, I plan on getting
depending of the type of move, the grand have to be installed on a "luge" (skid ?) so the movers are at ease to mount some stairs or for difficult moves. Experienced movers sometime do not use protections, which is not chocking on an old
Originally Posted By: David Jenson It's 500 to 600 dollars. Yes, well everything is cheaper here in Tucson....
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano lower than standard pitch by Olek @ Yesterday at 05:31 AM

BDB , with topics on very common subjects the less new ones the better, I think. That "tuning at low pitch" and 435/440 story could even be in one thread only. BTW 435 was known in Europe as "French pitch" , but I think 440 was u
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano lower than standard pitch by Olek @ Yesterday at 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By: SamLewisPiano.comThere may be some difference in tone if the piano was designed to be at 440, but frankly, it will be negligible, especially on an old upright like this. Most requests that I get are to raise the pitch 5-10 cents
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SSRS by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 05:26 AM

I always like when this post comes up with fresh input. I guess I need to believe others are working hard on their sight reading and improvement is possible with hard work as opposed to the opposite view of "it will just happen" or "yo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss from playing piano by bennevis @ Yesterday at 04:50 AM

Hearing damage can be caused by a sudden, very intense noise (e.g. an explosion) or by more prolonged exposure to lower-level intensities. Among classical musicians, orchestral players - mainly those in the brass and percussion sections, or those si
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by Markarian @ Yesterday at 04:32 AM

Okay, good
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Practice Rooms in Tokyo, Japan by Farnsworth @ Yesterday at 04:30 AM

Hello I have a 3 week stay in Tokyo, Japan coming up. Can anyone point me to any places or websites where I can hire a room & piano by the hour (preferably near Shinjuku, but anywhere else in Tokyo would be useful). Many thanks
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by torquenale @ Yesterday at 04:21 AM

Greener, earlofmar: I will be back in November. ABF recitals hooked me!
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by Withindale @ Yesterday at 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: proutIn your experience, are relative partial strengths primarily a function of hammer voicing or soundboard/bridge impedance/resonance ? Nicholas Giordano, a Professor at Purdue University, looked into this a few years ago. Go
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by michaelha @ Yesterday at 04:04 AM

Yes.
Jump to new posts Re: Noisy keys on a 2 years old Casio PX-135 by EnGee @ Yesterday at 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: rpw I wouldn't. If you do decide to open it, be ready to invest several hours of your time in it. It's quite time and energy consuming process. Yes you are right. I won't bother with it. Shame on you Casio! For saving few do
Page 16 of 31 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
90 registered (Abby Pianoman, AndrewJCW, accordeur, 36251, 29 invisible), 1374 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75553 Members
42 Forums
156220 Topics
2294290 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best Digital Piano for Touch
by JoeCPiano
Today at 04:50 AM
Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear!
by Kuanpiano
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Finger "Tapes": Purpose?
by CleverName
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
Accessories needed for grand pianos.
by Stevio55
Yesterday at 08:31 PM
Schulze Pollmann 113e Moderno detail information?
by pdxfz1
Yesterday at 07:12 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission