Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by emenelton @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

Really neat demo. Is that the Rhodes that Kurzweil sampled?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Magnesium Protects Against Hearing Loss by DavidWB @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

IF you are interested in vitamin D, the Vitamin D Council has just released a new "guide to understanding vitamin D. It should be helpful and informative from a pro point of view. Here is the link to where it can be downloaded: http://www.vita
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Coolest Back Action I have Seen by Steve Jackson @ Yesterday at 11:55 AM

This back action is out of an 1899 parallel strung 7' grand in the midst of restoration. Easy to service.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by carey @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: DameMyraOriginally Posted By: PathbreakerI did a test recording last night and feel really humbled right now. It's going to be a long week... I had the same experience just the other day, although I felt both humbled and horri
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts erard back action by Steve Jackson @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Here is the coolest back action I've ever seen.
Jump to new posts Re: Which Electronic Sounds & Feels Most Like Real? by Lester Burnham @ Yesterday at 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesNo, let-off (aka escapement) is something else. Ah, my mistake - apologies for any misleading comments.
Jump to new posts Re: Screw stringer parts needed by tenspan @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I am pursuing the matter thanks to your help.
Jump to new posts Re: Is A443 banned definitively? by Johnkie @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: HakkiOriginally Posted By: GadzarAll his posts are visible. I've made a search by display name A443 and all of his posts were displayed up to october 16, 2014. There is no censorship. And if he was banned for 2 weeks we'll hea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Original method for harmonic hearing development by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: NahumOriginally Posted By: keystring What you don't want in singing or playing any instrument where you must create pitch, is to get into sliding into the right note by habit. People do adjust when they're off, but it should be
Adult Beginners Forum
No Linda, I havent decided, but it will definitely be something easy (nothing to get excited about). I figure as time goes on and I get better this will be a great way to look back on my progress
Jump to new posts Re: Is A443 banned definitively? by Silverwood Pianos @ Yesterday at 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Gadzar How do you quote the rating of each post here? Hi Raphael, I based the value claim on how long it takes to write a multiple paragraph statement containing pertinent technical information. Some postings take a few min
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 11:40 AM

how many months of lessons do I need before I get really good?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question for jazz players and improvisation by Nahum @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: RiddlerDoes "leaving more space" in solos enhance your pre-hearing, and/or flow? Do you pre-hear mostly in the spaces? Ed First, it creates an important sense of calm. Pauses in a melody are like pauses in a s
Originally Posted By: Jake JacksonHard to describe in technical terms. What I think I hear is more low partials in the midrange on pianos I like for jazz. I don't hear many upper partials. Terms like "thin" and "wiry" come to mind
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mendelssohn: Prelude and Fugue op. 35/1 by Hakki @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

Hi Tobias. This was very good. And thanks for introducing the piece. BTW, I could not be sure whether we had talked about this then, but I would like to express my congratulations on your win of the "16th Ile-de-France International Piano Comp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: fun music theory by scorpio @ Yesterday at 11:35 AM

neat. thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: chasingrainbows Just a quick update. The rebuilder came yesterday and after spending 40 minutes telling me of their "successful rebuild" stories, he tuned the piano. specific keys really stood out for me, and he agre
Jump to new posts Re: Is A443 banned definitively? by Hakki @ Yesterday at 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: GadzarAll his posts are visible. I've made a search by display name A443 and all of his posts were displayed up to october 16, 2014. There is no censorship. And if he was banned for 2 weeks we'll hear from him on november 2.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by R_B @ Yesterday at 11:30 AM

My fingers won't lay flat like Horowitz - if I have them surgically corrected will I be able to play like that ?
Jump to new posts Re: Which Electronic Sounds & Feels Most Like Real? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 11:28 AM

No, let-off (aka escapement) is something else. It's when you play the keys of an acoustic very gently, a feel a slight notch of resistance before the hammer strikes the strings. Cheers, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
I ran into a issue with "Nava Havita"- it seemed to irritate my left wrist. I talked to my teacher and we decided to move on and now my wrist is fine. The left hand part has a highly repetitive big stretch broken chords. I think with repeti
Jump to new posts Re: Is A443 banned definitively? by Zeno Wood @ Yesterday at 11:24 AM

Sorry to sound harsh, but I'm pretty happy that there's finally some strong moderating going on. In fact, there should be more bannings. I've seen a lot of good technicians throw up their hands and leave, tired of the sniping and badmouthing.
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: chasingrainbowsOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: chasingrainbowsThat's the way the technician demonstrated. what other way is there pianoloverus? I and my tech think that one has to listen for the "use
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by Larry Buck @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Chasingrainbows, Marc W is the "tuner" in Perry's book and one of the inspirations for Perry to write it. At least that is my understanding. Perry, please correct me if I am mistaken. Marc W was the technician who brought the beauty bac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 11:20 AM

Linda it is nice to hear you progressing nicely through Alfred's. I recall we started within a couple of weeks of each other with the same piano. I have the Celviano 450 same just the bigger cabinet. Sometimes I wonder If I should have started with
Page 16 of 28 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27 28 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha UX vs WX
by goldmund
Today at 11:34 AM
Need help with chords
by Shirz
Today at 07:52 AM
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
Today at 03:17 AM
Prelude
by noobpianist90
Today at 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Who's Online
123 registered (ajames, accordeur, 36251, 0987654321, A Guy, 38 invisible), 1514 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76653 Members
42 Forums
158488 Topics
2327555 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission