Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
77 registered (angga888, Anita Potter, Artur Gajewski, Alan_Dublin, 16 invisible), 1225 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Intro and a question re: Elton's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by OnlyLivingBoy @ Yesterday at 01:32 AM

Ah yes. That's just what I was looking for. So lovely. It's hard to hear his piano underneath all the production on the studio albums. And, scorpio, I enjoyed the young man's cover, too. Thanks a lot!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Free or inexpensive tuning software for PC? by 88Key_PianoPlayer @ Yesterday at 01:31 AM

Two things. I think someone may have their board sort settings different (i.e. recent topics are NOT shown first), OR, someone was directed to this thread via Google search. (That's happened to me sometimes.) This thread is almost 5 years old, and
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesI do recall a software update being made available for the ES100 that resolves one or two niggles, so it may be worth giving Alan at Kawai America a call for more information. I haven't added the update to the Kawai
Jump to new posts Re: Keyframe corner rounded at una corda spring contact by rysowers @ Yesterday at 01:16 AM

Replacing the wood sounds like a good idea, and then polishing the spring to get rid of any rough spots or sharp edge, and burnishing the wood nice and smooth. However the action shouldn't be moving fore and aft. It sounds like the action locator on
Jump to new posts Re: Ever suffer burnout? by rysowers @ Yesterday at 01:09 AM

+1 to Chucks post! Having a small shop does help give variety in the work. I do some buying and selling of pianos, so we always have a few projects going. I always look forward to my shop days, and it does invigorate me some when its time to return
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Sound Module for iPad by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 01:05 AM

;-) I meant 1 gb, of course... But the Amiga was a cool little computer!
Jump to new posts Re: Free or inexpensive tuning software for PC? by rysowers @ Yesterday at 01:01 AM

I found that if you manually switch notes in the android version of Tunelab the time out feature doesn't kick in. To do this you touch the note name in the middle of the screen and a keyboard pops up, you then type what note on the one octave keyboar
Jump to new posts Re: Tech's visit to fix buzz by rysowers @ Yesterday at 12:57 AM

Pianoluverus, your technician has me worried. Time for a second opinion.
Jump to new posts Re: Free or inexpensive tuning software for PC? by Chrissy Arnone @ Yesterday at 12:56 AM

Be careful to avoid malware when searching for open source programs. Verituner is a good one that comes to mind. Good luck hope this helps....
Jump to new posts Re: Tech's visit to fix buzz by Chrissy Arnone @ Yesterday at 12:50 AM

How would tightening the coil on my piano make the string sound brighter?
Jump to new posts Re: Are Composite Shanks really Better than Wooden ones? by Chrissy Arnone @ Yesterday at 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: bobgeorgeHi Paul, Wooden shanks have been just fine for the last 150 years or so. That's a pretty strong track record. Many builders in the past wanted flexible shanks. Many used Cedar and swore the tone improved. It was just th
Jump to new posts Re: Plate crack by Chrissy Arnone @ Yesterday at 12:35 AM

We had a similar problem with a grand piano and lucky enough it didn't affect the sound quality.
Jump to new posts Re: Ever suffer burnout? by Tuner X @ Yesterday at 12:23 AM

Hi Dan, This is my 38th year. I recently experienced sudden deafness with blinding tinnitus, the devils tri-chord. My clientele are very high end and so are their instruments. Working 60 hrs a week is normal for me. My hearing loss was the result of
Thanks, James. I'll get in touch with Alan.
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 12:04 AM

Are you talking flat wide strike point in the treble and high treble too??? JI
Jump to new posts Keyframe corner rounded at una corda spring contact by sopranojam85 @ Yesterday at 12:04 AM

The back corner of my Harman-Peck grand keyframe is rounded where it meets the back of the una corda spring. (Note that on this piano, the una corda spring is in the bass side, and so the keyframe moves to the left when actuated.) As a result, the u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which part of the chord rests by Silver Keys @ 11/22/14 11:58 PM

What packa said is correct. In addition, you must also pay attention to note value or duration: In your example, the E, B and Low E are all half notes. In the upper voice, the E & B is played for the first two counts, and then, the D# is playe
Jump to new posts Yamaha Grantouch GT 10 by Valhalun @ 11/22/14 11:55 PM

Recently a used Yamaha grantouch gt10 popped up on the local Craigslist and seems to be a great option to use with a vst (love the pianoteq bluthner BTW). Anyway, I thought I'd make a post here to find out a little more about it before going to look
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Odd Baldwin by BDB @ 11/22/14 11:52 PM

If there are no screws, sometimes music desks like that are just held down with cabinet catches. Others may need to be slid forward or back a bit and they will come loose. We technicians often have to be clever, and sometimes they stymie us.
Pianist Corner
Less gratifying than the Flynn effect: http://bmi205.stanford.edu/_media/crabtree-2.pdf Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart's IQ's have been estimated at 165, Einstein and Hawking's at 160.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which part of the chord rests by packa @ 11/22/14 11:49 PM

In LH for the first measure, you would let go of all three notes after two beats and just play one new note for the next two beats. These are all half notes. Another way to think of it: The D# "replaces" the B and E after two beats (thoug
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Sound Module for iPad by Kawai James @ 11/22/14 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: anotherscottIn general, the entire sample set must be small enough to fit into RAM (which is 1 mb in the Retina models, not all of which is available for app use). Wow, that's twice as much as my Amiga A500!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 - Quick Review by Kawai James @ 11/22/14 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: lophiomys...self adjusting faders for all the drawbars (similar to the Nord C2D). Does the Nord C2D have mechanised drawbars (i.e. moving automatically when selecting a preset)?
Jump to new posts Re: Building Piano From Scratch by Chrissy Arnone @ 11/22/14 11:41 PM

Ive always wanted to build a piano, hopefully this post will become active soon.. Any advice appreciated!
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by Kawai James @ 11/22/14 11:34 PM

Apologies for asking a silly question, but did you connect your headphones to the 'PHONES' socket on the front? Also, can you post a picture of your headphone adaptor? Is this a 1/8" --> 1/4" plug? If so, are you sure it's stereo? It
Page 16 of 28 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27 28 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Music reading apps for iPad that use mic
by Artur Gajewski
11/24/14 03:02 AM
About Roland's PHA4 STANDARD and F-130R
by Yussnan84
11/24/14 12:55 AM
Call me irresponsible....
by harpon
11/23/14 11:17 PM
Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3?
by blackjack1777
11/23/14 10:41 PM
Keyboard for $500 - and software to help learn?
by Freebird308
11/23/14 09:35 PM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159308 Topics
2340185 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission