Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
63 registered (ando, 36251, barbaram, 16 invisible), 1056 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone a self-taught pianist? by TonyB @ 02/08/16 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By UlvenGetting them second hand might also be an option, or if you buy the videos, VHS players are stil easily available in used electronics shops or online. Ulven, This is a bit off topic, but here goes... I see that you live
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: RD 800 volume pedal issues. HELP!!!! by Cliff Pitt @ 02/08/16 09:26 PM

Im back again, I havent taken the plunge on another volume/expression pedal yet but have the opportunity to buy a Alesis F2 in mint condition at a very good price, should I do it ? My other option was to buy a Boss FV 500L, any comments on which to b
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to remove a hammer butt? by Gene Nelson @ 02/08/16 09:24 PM

It's helpful to have a removal tool. It fastens to shank and is threaded so that when you turn the threads it pulls the shank relatively evenly with some leverage advantage. Take a knife and trim any exposed glue collar, hook up extractor and put a l
Member Recordings
Hello TVB and Linda Chung enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on her new song for the upcoming new tvb drama called 警犬巴打 - TVB 劇集主題曲:《你懂我》by 鍾嘉欣 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6htzlTS9RE4&list=PL62pKfyAHw_wgUm
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone a self-taught pianist? by Ulven @ 02/08/16 09:09 PM

Getting them second hand might also be an option, or if you buy the videos, VHS players are stil easily available in used electronics shops or online.
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by Celdor @ 02/08/16 09:05 PM

Hello, First of all, thank you so much for all your great effort to explain this for me. I really appreciate it A couple of things. I have Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP which is connected to a MacBook Pro via FireWire. My first DP Yamaha P-105 was caus
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to practice polrhythms by laguna_greg @ 02/08/16 08:58 PM

That is an exceptional use of the 2-3/3-2 polyrhythm, a beautiful piece of music, and something you don't hear every day but should!
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by HansC2 @ 02/08/16 08:55 PM

Correct: a low cost crystal oscillator has an overall accuracy of about 100ppm (initial accuracy, temperature coefficient, aging etc.). However, short term stability is much better. Typical short term values can even be as good as 0.1 ppm over second
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Age limits Conservatories by malkin @ 02/08/16 08:33 PM

In the US, if the institution receives federal funding it is illegal to discriminate based on age.
Jump to new posts Re: Galaxy 2 Sample Library ??? by musicmad @ 02/08/16 08:31 PM

As this is a Kontakt Library, you can install it on your machine and authorise it with your serial number in the NI Service Center. The number you need should be either on the original DVDs or it's stored in your NI account. There's a limit in a numb
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by Charles Cohen @ 02/08/16 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By jokke . . . So in short, there should be no advantage of connecting the DP to sound card instead of computer. From computer software (such as Pianoteq) viewpoint, both ways will look identical. And I doubt there are any electric
Piano Teachers Forum
I think he's certainly equal to these pieces and he's doing a great job! It does sound like he's spending only about a couple of weeks on each one. With more time on each piece, he'd have a chance to work on more exact evenness in the left hand, an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to play after 35 years ! by Charles Cohen @ 02/08/16 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By dogperson Quote: . . . http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2508472/SEEKING_ADVICE_FOR_BEGINNER_DI.html Actually, depending on where you live, inexpensive acoustics can be cheaper than the $500 digital... pri
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by BDB @ 02/08/16 07:52 PM

Mr. Paulello's reputation does not attest to his abilities in physics or math. Physics and math may make reputations, but reputations do not make physics or math. In order to change the breaking percentage of a string, he would have to change the ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by dogperson @ 02/08/16 07:49 PM

@casinitaly Have you considered keeping the acoustic but adding a digital to use when practicing is an issue for the neighbors? I just bought a moderate-priced digital, and will play my acoustic when I can, and the digital late at night.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Big discovery on how the brain processes music by phantomFive @ 02/08/16 07:45 PM

From the article: Originally Posted By articlemusic sensitivity may be more fundamental to the human brain than is speech perception. “There are theories that music is older than speech or language,” he said. “Some even argue that speech evolve
Jump to new posts Re: How does this piano sound? by JLmac @ 02/08/16 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By jkellner1 My personal opinion is that the fact that this piano is fairly out-of-tune (especially in some areas) makes it a bit difficult to judge overall. For me anyway, this makes my ear stray from the big picture to the out-of
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the piece starting at 7:18? by hreichgott @ 02/08/16 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By SiFiI just can't fathom why the piano concerto is ever played in public. Because it is a great deal of fun! With brief interruptions of pretty. It might not be the most profound music ever written, but there's always room for f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand Strength by phantomFive @ 02/08/16 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By fatar760 Today, I had the follow-up to my physio appointment (the physio who did the initial grip test) It seems like my left hand can now grip at 55lbs, same as my right, which has improved since last time ~(where it was 45 lbs)
Piano Teachers Forum
Another thought: Are the pieces higher than his level? Perhaps, but I don't think that can be determined without evaluating the student one on one. That question is a valid concern.
Piano Teachers Forum
First of all, there are factual errors with what the "czerny teacher" was telling you. Many pianists have proceeded to professional careers without playing Czerny. I don't want to minimize the potential benefit from these exercises, but t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: hunidifier system by KurtZ @ 02/08/16 07:32 PM

If the space isn't too big: I live on the westside of L.A and the furnace dries out the air during the winter. After going through several expensive humidifiers that had various problems, I did a TON of research and wound up buying a Willhi stan
Jump to new posts Re: How does this piano sound? by JLmac @ 02/08/16 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By Lucas Brookins RPTIt's kinda hard to tell on the voicing part unless if the piano has been tuned very well.. meaning solid unisons. I'm not sure what you mean on the part on how strings are responding. Is that when you are tuning
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to practice polrhythms by BruceD @ 02/08/16 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By wrBy the way, Saint-Saens wrote a nifty etude that explores 2 against 3 in a delightfully intelligent way. I wish he'd done some more along that line for different ratios. https://youtu.be/goY8Q_nfZWU?t=8m17s These videos are
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: hunidifier system by BruceD @ 02/08/16 07:11 PM

My piano technician's brother (also an RPT who works out of Portland OR) was quite impressed with the simplicity and efficiency of the Venta Air-Washer humidifiers that I have in my home when he was here on a recent visit. He mentioned them to Darre
Page 17 of 23 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
At age 45, what are the limitations?
by sam abdel
02/10/16 04:52 AM
Hammer Discoloration in a 30 year old piano
by TwoThumbs
02/10/16 04:37 AM
Im 45. In reality, how far can I go?
by sam abdel
02/10/16 04:29 AM
Learning your chords
by johan d
02/10/16 01:31 AM
Seeking advice on a compact digital piano
by joshjackson
02/09/16 11:19 PM
Forum Stats
82,529 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,381 Topics
2,493,799 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission