Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
152 registered (ambrozy, accordeur, Amusingprofessor, ando, alwatson, 46 invisible), 1778 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a 100 year old by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By BeemerMy Tyros 5 has what you want: Ian Yes, this machine has it. I like to have one too, but I already have three 88-note boards already.
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a 100 year old by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By Dave FerrisMy hero. An amazing man ! http://spr.ly/6180BmEc2 Thanks for the link. That is super positive. He is looking forward to breaking new records every year, and is doing that with great success.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert D 946 Three Piano Pieces by Forrest Halford @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

fantastic playing! I'm always happy when you share with us. Thank you. F
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano vs Fully Rebuilt Differences? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:56 AM

Computers don't automatically make things better. The important thing is to pay attention to how the piano sounds across the scale, and builders who had ears were able to get that right before computers (and computers bring the risk that builders wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 11:54 AM

That I've finally thawed up my acoustic after a long winter's deep freeze.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Is The Most Difficult Piano Piece Ever Written? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 11:52 AM

Flight Of The Bumble Bee arranged into 7/8 "on the fly"?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert D 946 Three Piano Pieces by Pogorelich. @ Yesterday at 11:52 AM

I just love it.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half an hour in your shoes by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:48 AM

Thinking about this: I would not want to end up teaching another student how to play an instrument - not unless I was confident I was at a stage to be able to teach, because teaching someone is a longterm endeavour. And if I were to do that, I'd wa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was Chopin a Spy? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By Jean Claude It is a little odd to read of Chopin as a Polish composer, I think of him as French. Although he may have been born in Poland he took the earlist opportunity to move to France. And who shall blame him? He was Pol
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half an hour in your shoes by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:35 AM

AZNpiano, when you yourself are the teacher, and you are a good and experienced teacher who has all the bases covered including teaching what and how to practice, and checking with the student & family about that, then a lot of things can be rule
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

And I forgot one other thing: the melody runs, they need to be shaped and interpreted properly (shape, phrasing, dynamics, articulation, etc). Without interpretation , it sounds like a robot. Usually Mozart (or any baroque music) does not indicate ho
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 11:28 AM

I assume you are talking about the average Mozart piano Sonata. The notes are not particularly difficult. Usually it's only 2-voice counterpoint. Harmonically it's almost trivial. What makes it difficult is the fast notes and the open texture. The
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 11:27 AM

Hi Isabelle According to my teacher, it is because Mozart is so 'naked', that all of your flaws in technique and notes are exposed. It has seemed to be the case for me in learning to play it WELL. Mozart is one of my favorite composers but one whi
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by R_B @ Yesterday at 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By loginthomman.de has Pianoteq physical copies, which are cheaper that the download at the modart site http://www.thomann.de/intl/modartt_pianoteq_3.htm?ref=search_rslt_pianoteq_115279_2 218 USD for standard before VAT, free shi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Is The Most Difficult Piano Piece Ever Written? by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

I'm surprised that someone wouldn't like Gaspard de la nuit. It's an amazing composition feat. Sound painting at its best. Ravel might have purposefully written it to be difficult, but in the right hands it's just fantastic.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by dogperson @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

Bennevis Your comment that the US has a 'star and show-biz mentality' is unwarranted and really unfair. Because the UK students do not play by memory and recitals in the US do? Did you ever consider that student recitals in the US mimic a 'performa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Journal: Chopin Ballade No. 1 Op. 23 by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By Tubbie0075Lesson No. 2: Had a rather long discussion with teacher about performing and body movements, in my case, lack of. There are pianists that moves a lot and those that hardly do. In my case, it's important that my non-m
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by login @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

thomman.de has Pianoteq physical copies, which are cheaper that the download at the modart site http://www.thomann.de/intl/modartt_pianoteq_3.htm?ref=search_rslt_pianoteq_115279_2 218 USD for standard before VAT, free shiping in europe I believe.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By johan dThere are a lot apps only for ipad when it comes to music learning tools. Would an ol d "iPad Mini 16 gig" do for these apps? sightreadingfactory, forscore, irealB, now this "Wessar sight reading",...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital expectations by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 10:47 AM

bennevis, that's why we are piano teachers/musicians! I was fortunate to be surrounded by music - my dad sang on the radio and played the trumpet, I started lessons in 7th grade, was a member of various school choral groups, musicals, etc. I always
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Mozart, difficult to play? by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Why is Mozart considered so difficult to play? Is the difficulty all smoke and mirrors or is it a fact? Years ago I had a piano teacher who said he didn't teach Mozart's music because it was too hard. Not sure this is all true. Your input appreciat
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:34 AM

Because of the developmental stage that a child is at during their first year of life, playing an actual piano - even one that is less - is really not possible or a good idea, IMO. Better to get the child enrolled in a general early music class like
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Piano Models History by lance111 @ Yesterday at 10:27 AM

I just logged on to send James a message to see if there was a place that lists the Kawai models and when they were released. Great minds think alike!
Adult Beginners Forum
Less is more. With music, I was taught this and always have generally believed it. Yet, we strive for more and more challenges. Indeed, the most beautiful is not the most difficult. For me the fun is in trying to choose pieces with the beauty and c
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by Craig Hair @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

Gadzar, Nice piano. We are working on one, too. Like yours, ours suffered from some pretty ghasly repair work. If you like, it might be mutually beneficial to compare notes. At the very least, I can give you a good idea of the original bass and plain
Page 17 of 23 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Keep open your sheet music. But how?
by Dscally
05/04/16 05:45 PM
Copyright question
by saratogaUSA
05/04/16 04:41 PM
Yamaha U3 vs Samick Sig 50
by chouinam
05/04/16 04:29 PM
Acoustics in piano showrooms
by twocats
05/04/16 03:02 PM
jazz fantasy on mozart
by Thepianist0606
05/04/16 01:56 PM
Forum Stats
83,505 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,404 Topics
2,521,218 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission