Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Favorite Beethoven Sonata cycles? by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 09:43 AM

I feel like we've had this discussion at some point in the not-too-distant past, but oh well. So I was just curious as to what folks' thoughts were on a good set of sonata recordings. Not the usual "if you could only have one" but let's s
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland- disappointment by Nordomus @ Today at 09:42 AM

Thanks for so many responses. I'm gonna get technician soon(I hope, waiting for response from Roland) so I'm gonna keep you informed about all of this. What kind of glissandos? Normal kind On white keys anyway, but as I said this stupid sound is pre
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song requests? by kent2012 @ Today at 09:41 AM

Thanks dire, How did you guys know that the 2nd chord is B? just by listening to it? or is that what follows G#m in a lot of cases? same question goes for F# Is there a name for the style the arpeggios are being played in? if just G#,D#,G# was bein
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Consequences of a low ring tone soundboard by Jeff Petsinger @ Today at 09:32 AM

Sorry I took so long to reply. I have been trying to decide if pianos are stuck as a result of the market being overly conservative and not demanding more from the manufacturers, or if the manufacturers are comfortable making the same product for al
Piano Forum
Did everyone read this part of the first post? "Modern pianos are constructed using a cast iron frame and steel strings. The coefficient of expansion of the two materials is similar; therefore with change of ambient temperature the tension and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by Tim Adrianson @ Today at 09:24 AM

Hi, Jeffrey -- Coincidentally, "Vespers" will be presented in Madison this Saturday (by a local choral group) -- and I'll be most interested to hear that. I've always thought that Rachmaninov's best piece is "The Bells", and tha
Jump to new posts Re: Roland- disappointment by Rich Galassini @ Today at 09:15 AM

A few comments, I have sold a good many 506 units and, in fact, a couple of very fine professional pianists have chosen them as well. I just went to play our stock 506 and I hear no hiss. Presently I am the only one here and the showroom is very q
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by jeffreyjones @ Today at 08:59 AM

If nothing else, and I like his piano music less as the years go by, Rachmaninoff wrote one of the most amazing a capella choral works - Vespers/All Night Vigil. The quality of the vocal writing and setting is top of the top.. it does for the Eastern
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing from photocopies by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 08:57 AM

My understanding of the RCM exam position is that if you are using RCM-published music, you are allowed to copy one single page for page-turning purposes. I always wonder, when I read this: but what if there's more than one awkward page turn? ISTM
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non Harmonic Tone by TimR @ Today at 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: ezpiano.orgWhat should I do next? Your math isn't bad, that answer was at least half right. That's a pretty dedicated student to get 149/150, and I'm guessing is a bit of a perfectionist. You might want to explain to him/he
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song requests? by dire tonic @ Today at 08:53 AM

Originally Posted By: kent2012Oh crap that was supposed to be D#! so basically arpeggio'ing the G#minor chord :\ That's right! You've been reminded of the first 4 chords so the next one will be B. He plays another arpeggio on the B but it's very
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Summerkeys 2014 Schedule now Available by Ohio_Mark @ Today at 08:52 AM

This is on my bucket list for sure - probably not going to be this year though. What is the range of skill levels?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing from photocopies by Yzorah @ Today at 08:51 AM

Do you have a syllabus that you can check? I know that the Royal Conservatory here in Canada has defined their stance on photocopies in their syllabus. Usually, if you own the original book, you are allowed to make one single photocopy, at least for
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1911 7'6" Chickering help by jim ialeggio @ Today at 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTI lowered the soundboard about 5mm and made new vertically laminated maple bridges. I've been thinking about this, Ed. Another way to increase bridge height and increase the beam section in the treble, without
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Summerkeys 2014 Schedule now Available by Sam S @ Today at 08:49 AM

Bumping this old thread, since we have so many new people in the forums, and Spring has sprung, which means thoughts are returning to vacation! If you have never been to Summerkeys , its a lot of fun. I'm going this year again, early July, for my
Jump to new posts Re: Roland- disappointment by HisKidd @ Today at 08:44 AM

Nordomus… The warranty is for your protection and use. I would encourage you to use it as often as necessary until you are completely satisfied with your purchase. In exchange for your money, you should receive a default free, quality product! Pla
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what is the best book to learn piano by your own..? by The Lark Ascending @ Today at 08:39 AM

From another thread and posted by rachfan; I have over 30 well-known books on piano performance in my home library and have read all of them more than once. Those that I would rate as an "A" would include Berman, Notes from the Pianist's
Jump to new posts Re: Roland- disappointment by cub @ Today at 08:37 AM

Hi Nordomus, Sorry to hear how you are feeling about your instrument. It seems a few of the big name brands are marketing 'high end' digital products but cutting costs with cheap components (ie your hissing amp and speakers) and also with the quali
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song requests? by kent2012 @ Today at 08:33 AM

That transcribe program is pretty cool EM thanks a lot
Adult Beginners Forum
Might this thread be more focused if we simply all agreed that: It is not the genre. It's the training. Don't allow yourself to be trained as a parrot. Find good training that teaches all about music/piano. Then, it's up to the student. Uh hummm ..
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by MiguelAngel07 @ Today at 08:26 AM

The "Stop Playing" part clearly came out of the legal department as an attempt to shift the blame on the user if anything were to happen and thus avoid lawsuits.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by Andy Platt @ Today at 08:23 AM

Ganddalf: Seasons: May A wonderful invocation of Spring, gentle yet with passion. I love the arpeggiated chords near the beginning. There is great space in the second subject and a fine transition into the middle section. Loved it! Richard (zrtf90):
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song requests? by Greener @ Today at 08:22 AM

Yes. The D# makes more sense; All these notes make total sense for G#m. Even if you do not play them in the same order, it will still be a G#m and will sound great. I'm a little confused of what you are saying happens next, but will take closer loo
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by thomsurf @ Today at 08:20 AM

I got an email from Roland today asking me to stop playing my RD800 until I get a warning sticker and this little plastic 'cable holder'. I don't know if I should laugh or cry... All RD-800 Customers 23. April 2014 RD-800 Stage Piano – Potential Sa
Jump to new posts Re: Casio 350 thin sound on decay by spanishbuddha @ Today at 08:18 AM

Connect it to your laptop or tablet, via midi, use software or an app. Otherwise sell it, increase your budget and upgrade.
Page 17 of 41 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40 41 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
143 registered (accordeur, Alux, AndreiN, AmateurBob, ABC Vermonter, 39 invisible), 1578 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74307 Members
42 Forums
153689 Topics
2252921 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is it my technique that's causing this?
by T.M.E.
04/23/14 10:49 PM
Best brand of upright piano 48" or larger?
by WG40
04/23/14 10:22 PM
Kawai MP11 vs. Kawai VPC-1 Action / Key Length
by jp2011
04/23/14 10:00 PM
Canadian pricing for Kawai MP11?
by GWILLY
04/23/14 09:52 PM
RH Fast Alberti notes
by Ogden
04/23/14 09:28 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission