Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: jim ialeggioJust keep in mind, the action parts configuration within the stack is about jack functionality, not about leverage adjustment. The parts you have chosen, and knuckle distance you have chosen determined the leverages
Jump to new posts Re: Levitan C lever results w/Verituner/Koval, and the I436 Mic by Grandpianoman @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

Isaac, Jon, thanks for your input. Def needs voicing.......did not have it done due to my purchasing of the AR. The plan is to use this Duo-Art mechanism in the AR.....voicing on this Weber is a pain...the Ampico system is just like a normal piano.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss from playing piano by Louis Podesta @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

Recently, at the age of 62, one week from 63, I have started experiencing slight pain in my right ear at the piano. Also, when I play the car stereo, it can happen. I play on a 1950 Baldwin Model M Baby Grand, and the hammers have gotten quite har
Originally Posted By: jim ialeggioHow do you cut outside the piano....or rather how do you measure outside the piano...seems like a pain.Yes, in fact, many of the things that I do are a pain and typically exist outside the confines of an economic sys
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by rpw @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

Sadly, beginners looking for the best action in a portable form have to choose between emptiness of the VPC1 and 999 knobs of the MP11. (I tend to believe that any wooden action is better than any plastic one.)
Jump to new posts Re: Correcting Heavy Piano Touchweight in Grand Pianos by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: James CarneyI have also been wondering about 15.5, 16.5 and 17 knuckles and Steinway repetitions. What exactly are the dimensions of the NYI (NY improved) shanks? (Part #6617) Are they 16.5 or 17? The new NY shanks are 17mm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss from playing piano by Lester Burnham @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

One other point I think worth mentioning. Having a child who's grown up through early years with hearing issues, and all the consequences of that, has probably made me a bit more acutely aware and wary of how precious good hearing is, and how people
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This sounds like Satie? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

It sounds nothing like Erik - not the melodic line, the harmonies, the piano figuration. If you want a 'classical' composer that has a slight similarity, it would be Michael Nyman, though even so, no-one would mistake this stuff for Nyman either.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B Series Price Question by turandot @ Yesterday at 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: DancerJIs anything wrong with, say B3? I liked the sound. Nothing whatsoever. The B series has not been on the US market very long. We used to get the T series from Yamaha's Chinese factory. Europe got the B series from Yamah
Jump to new posts Re: Correcting Heavy Piano Touchweight in Grand Pianos by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: James Carney I would also like to know if there are any differences between older Steinway reps and current production, other than the placement of the jack center closer to the flange in the current production reps. St
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by bgiles @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoNow, I will say there is only one thing I don't like about the nord music rest. You can't fit the freakin' dust cover over the instrument with the music rest attached. So I have to remove the music rest every time I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts This sounds like Satie? by Mken @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

Piece called the Terminal. I can play it except for the very fast parts. In the comments section somebody says it sounds a like like Satie. I'm not overly familiar with Erik Satie, but does anybody know which Satie piece it sounds like? I'v
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: MandyDWhat is the recital thing about Andrew? Andrew's busy practicing right now. Piano World holds recitals 4 times a year. It's open to everyone, from the newest beginners to the most experienced players. Recital dates are
Side note [pun: insert laugh here]: I the practice of hammer tapering! Tapered hammers make accurate hammer squaring more challenging to the eyeballs. That would be fine, if there was a significant reason to have the hammers tapered in the first
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B Series Price Question by Rich D. @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

Nothing wrong with the Yamaha B3. There are however a lot of other choices out there and why not take your time a try a few. Kawai and Hailun come to mind but for a bit more a Charles Walter console is really especially nice. Sometimes you can fin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by BruceD @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Art_VandelayPersonally, I'm fine with a so-called disciplinarian,... I think that the key word here is "personally." Some thrive under the pressure of working for a disciplinarian; others are too intimidated to do we
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: voxpops So much time, money and hassle could be saved if manufacturers would just engage with a bunch of real performing musicians before they commit to production. Plain and simple - best post of 2014.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss from playing piano by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

My ears definitely get irritated if I play my grand ff with the lid full open. Therefore I usually practice with the lid closed.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss from playing piano by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

Are dB meters measuring properly with the sharp transients of a piano tone? The first few milliseconds of the sound have the most dB's in them. If the dB meter averages over say half a second, they may be way too low with the peak volume.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by voxpops @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: sixfootpianistI have no intention of buying one with a power cable permanently attached So much time, money and hassle could be saved if manufacturers would just engage with a bunch of real performing musicians before they commi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kristian Bezuidenhout on Mozart and his piano music by David-G @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: dolce sfogatoI'm so glad that no modern pianist does what the 'authentic' school prescribes: here and there some silly ornament, very unsteady rhythm, not very impressive virtuosity, it all is a hoax. Dolce, did you listen to th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: PaintedPostDaveHello Bosendorff, What are you plotting on the y-axis? It looks like it may be in cents but is it the deviation of the first partial as observed by a line spectrum from the fundamental as defined by equal tempera
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by kalee21 @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

I had a Steinway B in my London house for over 20 years maintaining 50% RH +/- 5% by means of an active system for the entire room (pretty much covers the entire house really). The piano was extremely stable in all respects. No problems at all with
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: KreislerThe Liszt is harder to perform successfully. But not because of the technical difficulties. Let me guess... the musicality?
Pianist Corner
The Liszt is harder to perform successfully. But not because of the technical difficulties.
Page 17 of 32 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31 32 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
153 registered (accordeur, 36251, Alkanaut, AndreiN, A Guy, 46 invisible), 1804 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75566 Members
42 Forums
156229 Topics
2294500 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Intro to Elton John's 'Nikita'
by Visalia
2 minutes 49 seconds ago
Is a Yamaha P35 appropriate for church services?
by Giancarlo Robles
Today at 03:59 PM
Need suggestions for Music Room
by Gatsbee13
Today at 03:39 PM
Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions
by Dwscamel
Today at 12:52 PM
What do you think made you passionate about music/piano?
by Spuds
Today at 11:45 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission