Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Grigory Sokolov releases album by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 03:11 AM

I heard this last night on the radio and thought you might be interested. http://www.deutschegrammophon.com/us/gpp/index/grigory-sokolov-signing "His first album for the Yellow Label, a recital of works by Mozart and Chopin recorded LIVE at th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms. by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 03:10 AM

There doesn't appear to be a way to fail to make the note sound at all at ppp. Is that something I can change? Because it's not natural feeling to me!
Jump to new posts Re: Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms. by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:07 AM

Sounds lovely to me. You don't need to watch the display spewing out data. Of course it'll all seem a little strange at the outset but judging by your sound I've no doubt you'll quickly get used to it. We'll all benefit by your feedback and though
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: michaelha Hey, that'd be a great prank. Next time we get one of these we should tell them to contact Sotheby's. ROFL.. That's a great idea
Jump to new posts Re: calling all users of Ivory II American D by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesGood lord, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I feel like I'm supposed to. I just made my first audio file with Cubase and Ivory Am. D, and I feel like I must have totally gotten it wrong. Sounded
Jump to new posts Re: calling all users of Ivory II American D by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: PathbreakerI used to have it close to 50 but lately it's between 30 and 40. Don't remember the exact number. I don't do any editing to expand the range later but I still find this range to work well. For me the most important
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos by brahms @ Yesterday at 02:54 AM

Does anyone knows of this company, where are their showrooms, is there one dear Grand Rapids? What about Rick Jones piano company? Thank you for any info and experience. Brahms
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum by michaelha @ Yesterday at 02:50 AM

I think it's because many of these 100+ year old uprights have really nice woodwork, real ivory, they've somehow avoided the dump unlike the furniture that accompanied it through it's life, and these owners suspect they may be sitting on some valuabl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 02:43 AM

I joined the ABF Recitals for two simple reasons. 1. I have an extreme anxiety in playing for anyone including my teacher or even my own children. I once told my teacher that "if there is a way for me to have lessons without playing for you,
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by Hakki @ Yesterday at 02:40 AM

Simon, You should have figured out by now that something rather batty has been going on here. I am afraid, in situations like this, you can't help other than using the ignore button.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gors Spangenberg by Robert 45 @ Yesterday at 02:35 AM

I read that the company was started in 1918. I have a vague memory of coming across an old vertical Gors Spangenberg. It had probably been neglected and was out of tune. I was just like an old, tired "tinny" sounding piano. I do not think
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano K4 EX, tell me more... by thercman @ Yesterday at 02:34 AM

How would you guys compare the Fatar key bed on the Physis to my Nord Piano 2 HA88?
Jump to new posts Brahms Intermezzo Op. 118 No 2. by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 02:26 AM

Still not totally finished with it, but I think it's an improvement over last time. I feel like I should point out that it is on a keyboard. I just got it yesterday and this was recorded tonight as a test track to see what it sounds like. It sta
Jump to new posts Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms. by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 02:13 AM

Other than that, I have no idea what to do or how to fix big things or how to tweak the system to get a better sound. I tried to play around with the controls in Ivory, but I'm not sure what most of it really means so I largely left it all alone.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forearms starting to hurt by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:12 AM

This could be from pressing down too hard when your hold down the keys you've played. There's a test for that, usually done by a teacher, but anyone else can do it for you. You need somebody who will unexpectedly reach under your wrist and try to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gors Spangenberg by Markarian @ Yesterday at 02:01 AM

I didn't have my glasses on and at first thought it said, "Goes Spongebob."
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos of Downton Abbey by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:00 AM

I remember seeing a grand, maybe 6-ish ft., in the background from time to time. But it's closed up and seen from the side, so no idea what kind. I also tried a google search for "Highclere Castle piano", which turns up something about
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by noobpianist90 @ Yesterday at 02:00 AM

I've chosen to play the Minuet in G Major BWV 116 from the Anna Magdalena Notebook. My last recital submission was a bit over-ambitious, and it has successfully brought me back down to earth I've been away for a while. When I came back, I saw this
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: SiFiIs there anyone out there who can explain what any of this means? No, not even the author. Quote:I've been following this thread because I thought it had something to do with me..... Silly you! Quote:....but now I have no
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping swing feel in very fast tempo by Nahum @ Yesterday at 01:43 AM

Barry Harris masterclass : [video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaTL2PUs3F0#t=2494[/video] from 40:38 .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arghhh!!! by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 01:41 AM

what Kreisler and Currawong say. Get to listen to TONS of opera works. Get to know how each one sounds... And then start studying them (like 8 hours per day) to get to know them to an acceptable level. Then show off your sight reading chops to the r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:33 AM

A friend of mine apprenticed with a local violin maker. He told me that whenever someone asked how much their violin was worth, he would insist on being paid before telling them it was worthless.
Jump to new posts Re: calling all users of Ivory II American D by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:31 AM

Good lord, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I feel like I'm supposed to. I just made my first audio file with Cubase and Ivory Am. D, and I feel like I must have totally gotten it wrong.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1st ever Cape Cod Ragtime Festival by hv @ Yesterday at 01:26 AM

Cape Cod Ragtime Festival update: Jacqueline Schwab will be appearing on Sunday, Oct 26 (instead of Saturday). For those that do not recognize the name, she's the piano player behind Ken Burns and most famous for playing Ashokan Farewell for his PBS
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by outo @ Yesterday at 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr Super-HunkyOn a final note. If you really do know me, you would know that I have have absolutely no hard feelings towards anyone here in this group. no-one. Not even Trapper John. Life is way too short. We can all have a lot
Page 17 of 31 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano lessons: every week or every two weeks?
by Pover
Today at 06:34 AM
Anything better than the Yamaha CLP-990 yet?
by pianelmo
Today at 04:49 AM
Is A443 banned definitively?
by Olek
Today at 04:01 AM
Ritmuller Grand Pianos - Help!
by Mike RSA
Today at 03:56 AM
J.D.Grandt Bass Strings Opinions Please
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:48 PM
Who's Online
80 registered (36251, ando, Al LaPorte, arX, angga888, 22 invisible), 1134 Guests and 31 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76633 Members
42 Forums
158464 Topics
2327055 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission