Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
112 registered (augustm, ajames, alerique, alwatson, 32 invisible), 2000 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 07:29 AM

... 31. Springtime (BrianDX) (OC) 32. In The Garden (Gurlitt) (OF) 33. Soldier's March (Schumann) (OF) 34. The Happy Farmer (Schumann) (OF) 35. Old French Song (Tchaikovsky) (OF) 36. Ecossaise (Beethoven) (OF) 37. Bourree (Graupner) (OF) 38. Sonatina
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by barbaram @ Yesterday at 07:23 AM

Another one from the Faber Level 4 Jazz & Blues Book which I have mentioned here before. I'm really impressed with this book I have to say - somehow it hits the sweet spot for this challenge, where I can learn the pieces quickly and yet each one
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by JoeT @ Yesterday at 07:23 AM

Don't forget that inaccessible sample layers might still be needed for the DEMO function to make the instrument sound good in the store to people who can't play the piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by MossySF @ Yesterday at 07:22 AM

You may hear a timbre change but how do you know it's a separate sample versus audio manipulation? This is what spectral analysis is for. If you hear it's exactly at 113, pull up the graphs for 110/111/112 versus 113/114/115 and compare visually.
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by JoeT @ Yesterday at 07:15 AM

Originally Posted By toddyThe long life/low power batteries soldered onto the circuit board of computers, synthesisers and other digital devices used to be a cause for concern. After five years or so the had to be replaced. It's a relief to hear that
Jump to new posts Re: Has anybody upgraded their dp thinking . . . by Cinjero @ Yesterday at 07:09 AM

Yes, because I moved from a 64 key DP to a 88 Key DP. With the 64, I was already at ends with some pieces because (laugh) I would run out of keyboard with lower notes; I would resort to adjusting up or down the ocave to make the piece fix or full pla
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Metronome with wireless earphones by johan d @ Yesterday at 07:02 AM

I use these 2, the nice thing about time guru is to randomly mute clicks. No problems so far with batteru life.
Jump to new posts Re: Which one is a better choice? by Bolster @ Yesterday at 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaIf the Korg has been sitting around being used once a week it's probably ok, if it's been used for rock practise on a daily basis and taken on weekly gigs, I'd want to check it over really carefully. So it depends on
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano headphones by PhilzPiano @ Yesterday at 06:40 AM

This topic always causes a lot of discussion! Personally, I use an old pair of Sennheiser HD 565 Ovation headphones with my Kawai CA67 and they sound great. Sadly no longer available, but maybe see what Sennheiser currently sell in their high end, op
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano headphones by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 06:28 AM

There are several things to consider before you buy a set of headphones. Do you want them around your ears, on the ears, open, closed? Would you pay a little extra for a detachable cable? Everyone here has their own favorite. If possible borr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Technique Question.... by cathryn999 @ Yesterday at 06:28 AM

Try playing the scale with your 4th and 5th fingers as if they were stuck together with glue. in effect, "holding" your 5th finger in the right shape with your 4th. I had a similar problem doing chromatic scales and practicing slowly (VERY
hi. it's been a while. i think i'm going to buy a used casio privia px-150. i like the action of it. it's a tri-sensor keyboard. i use kontakt most of the time, mainly imperfect samples libraries (like braunschweig or walnut grand). so my question i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Metronome with wireless earphones by cathryn999 @ Yesterday at 06:19 AM

This one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gismart.metronomefree I bought the AMEB one but it's pretty clunky, I find this one much more intuitive and reliable (and probably if I bought the pro version it wouldn't use so much bat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does the Kawai es100 have a battery? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 06:13 AM

Posted on the digital piano forum: Originally Posted By Kawai JamesCutestpuppie, there is no battery inside the ES100, nor any other Kawai digital piano currently in production. The instrument is powered by an AC adaptor which connects to a wall s
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get students' names on first phone calls? by barbaram @ Yesterday at 05:48 AM

Great, good luck!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Loss by barbaram @ Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Sincere condolences bSharp. Your letter is beautiful. Give yourself the space and time you need, grief is not an easy process. Thinking of you and also of you Charles
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kinderszenen (Schumann): Thoughts? by johan d @ Yesterday at 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By bennevisKinderszenen is in the same category as... What are the easier of them? Maybe a good suggestion for a next piece?
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano headphones by Evaldas @ Yesterday at 05:29 AM

I'd suggest to check out cheap Chinesse earphones branded "Bluedio", I have had the T2S model (about 30 bucks) for about 4 months now and I think they're great. They have bluetooth, so I use them to listen to music wirelessly from my smartp
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by toddy @ Yesterday at 05:25 AM

It's a good question because, at a certain historical stage (1980s & 1990s), synthesisers did have batteries to keep certain memory and timing circuits alive - something like a pilot light in a gas heater or cooker. But synthesisers and electric
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by mischeli @ Yesterday at 05:18 AM

So, you can clearly hear the difference here.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kinderszenen (Schumann): Thoughts? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverus I see Kinderszenen as not that different from Schumann's Album for the Young except the Album pieces are so short, so limited in keyboard compass, and on such a simple technical level that the are almost forced to b
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts PPAP SONG - Pen Pineapple Apple Pen (Piano Cover + Tut) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 05:15 AM

Have you listened to the recent viral yet brainwashing Japanese song called "Pen Pineapple Apple Pen" yet? Enjoy my piano cover with a twist at the end of this new odd yet catchy sensation. Piano Cover https://youtu.be/DOCvHhW6Ltw
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By JazzyMacOriginally Posted By bennevisI considered myself as no longer a beginner once I started playing original piano/keyboard pieces (i.e. from Denes Agay's Easy Classics to Moderns) - about two months into lessons and once out
Jump to new posts Re: Which one is a better choice? by Bolster @ Yesterday at 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaIf the Korg has been sitting around being used once a week it's probably ok, if it's been used for rock practise on a daily basis and taken on weekly gigs, I'd want to check it over really carefully. So it depends on
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Timpskie @ Yesterday at 04:21 AM

I have the same experience with my CA17. When I set the touch curve to light and play fff I can hear a sample layer I can't reach when I set it to "normal", even if I hit the keys really hard. It must be an other layer because it has a very
Page 17 of 22 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
HELP! Major problems with my MP11
by mezzopiano
41 minutes 39 seconds ago
Experimental Jazz Album... What do you think?
by Lethal Mullet
Today at 02:25 PM
Headphones - low volume and distortion
by Gombessa
Today at 01:25 PM
First Piano
by kickthetiger
Today at 12:50 PM
Grand Piano in Semi-Detached House
by Sepharite
Today at 09:23 AM
Forum Stats
85,081 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,372 Topics
2,558,525 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission