Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
99 registered (Auntie Lynn, Anticlock, babybearyan, AllanH, 31 invisible), 1294 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7-year-old on metronome practice by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 01:59 AM

I evaluate hundreds of piano students every year. It's obvious which ones do NOT use the metronome, or have no clue HOW to use the metronome. Or maybe they were never taught how to use the metronome properly. And there are teachers who complain ab
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What did you practise today? by Svenno @ Yesterday at 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottcongrats Svenno! Heh, thanks:)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by Withindale @ Yesterday at 01:50 AM

Grain is parallel to strings. Brass bass strings. Download press pack and presentation from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sznkbmn5uj4g047/AAAEW6IdmveDTVu4Sc0ign9aa?dl=0
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Étude in D# minor by JoelW @ Yesterday at 01:47 AM

Also, fix the score. It's messy.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by mcoll @ Yesterday at 01:45 AM

Having played the f130r quite a bit, I subscribe to what the others have said. The action is on the quiet side. The only way you will hear it as loud is when playing with low volum. Besides the fact that there is no piano sound loud enough to cover t
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Étude in D# minor by JoelW @ Yesterday at 01:38 AM

Hmm. Not horrible. The development could have been a little stronger though. You change keys, and then immediately return back. Then you change keys for a little longer, making me think you're going somewhere new this time, but then goes right back t
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By outo Maybe I didn't read your posts carefully enough, I thought you were very much against the blogger's idea that adults do not really need to be subjected to Lima beans (whatever they are, I person
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by outo @ Yesterday at 01:10 AM

I also like Satie very much. The 3rd Gymnopedia is lovely and quite accessible as a first Satie piece (or the other 2, I just like the 3rd one best). There are more technical challenges in the Gnossiennes. I got the first 4 as my summer assignment, s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diane Hidy - 10 tips for teaching piano to adults by keystring @ Yesterday at 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By outo Maybe I didn't read your posts carefully enough, I thought you were very much against the blogger's idea that adults do not really need to be subjected to Lima beans (whatever they are, I personally love beans of all kinds)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By Ronnie JI One of my favorite composers is Satie and I think that will be one of the first songs I will try to learn, obviously after a lot of practice. You asked about Saties Gnossiennes and how hard they are. Well I tackled
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How a pianist's 'touch' affects tone - NOT! by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:04 AM

Hi Prout, The best illustration is by way of a comparison between pianists who sound quite different from one another, and on the same piano. Listening through the YouTube videos of the 59th Ferruccio Busoni Piano Competition semi-finals, one notic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a take on piano (again) new to the forum by outo @ Yesterday at 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By Venividivici "I don't want to blame my teacher, but I feel that all I did in 3 years was memorize some songs, and I end up not learning basic stuff, in general I was never able to play pieces by ear, I never improvise, I ju
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "cuivrez" dirin Messiaen by BruceD @ Yesterday at 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By DamonOriginally Posted By BruceD..... but buy the time I move I can't believe BruceD typed this! Hey, Mr. Eagle-eye, I am on a spending spree! Cheers!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has any adult experienced a Piano Guild audition? by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 12:51 AM

Congratulations BrianDX and wife! Sitting an exam is quite an accomplishment.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By zrtf90This is it again! It's not what the teacher can teach that's important but the music, the piece itself! And here I disagree. That is no
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you buy your sheet music from? by MomOfBeginners @ Yesterday at 12:45 AM

I buy books from SheetMusicPlus.com. I live in the Bay Area, and for me, the books arrive in 1 to 2 weeks using their budget delivery, sometimes even in 3-4 days. It may be because they're based in Emeryville, which is 20 minutes from my house. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 12:44 AM

Stubbie - enjoy your visit with family!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How about SONY HDR-MV1 (Music Video Recorder)? by TBell @ Yesterday at 12:43 AM

Amazon.com carries both the ZOOM-Q8 and Rode mics.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kohler and Campbell SKG-600s opinions please by ThePawn @ Yesterday at 12:39 AM

Thank you very much for your input SMHaley! Based on this opinion alone, I am not going to look at this piano. Everything that you relayed to me makes this piano a pass. I have a reasonable amount of space to work with and would like to get more p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Eric Heidsieck Chopin recordings removed from Youtube by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:27 AM

Also, his very interesting recording of the Liszt Sonata - which, too, is from 1974 [meaning the recordings, not the publication date of the compositions ] - still is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQME82iH9kg
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-130R review by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By pv88 I happen to like the action and onboard sounds of my two Clavinova's better than the artificial sounding V-Piano in which the modeling isn't quite right as of yet. I am not yet convinced that the V-Piano's "Vintage I&qu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arthur Friedheim's 1905 piano roll of the Liszt Sonata by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By BrendanThanks for posting this! I enjoyed tit quite a bit (and his other piano rolls, too). There are lots of great ideas and I might steal a few the next time I play it. Hi Brendan, There probably will be few persons in an au
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Étude in D# minor by Bullard @ Yesterday at 12:20 AM

Hey all, first time posting one of my pieces here. I write a LOT for piano, and I wanted to share one of the earliest things I've written. (I started writing about a 2 years ago so it's not "old") I'm all for feedback by the way, that's wh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How about SONY HDR-MV1 (Music Video Recorder)? by S.H.Lee @ Yesterday at 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By HakkiYes, that's it. Assuming you already have a tripod to mount the camera. Good recordings! Sure tripod is needed, i know. But my big question is, in Taiwan there is no dealer to sell ZOOM and Rode products. Can anyone sugg
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Beethoven sonata has this rhythm? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By JoelWThird sonata. Never mind. I still don't know what you're talking about, even after looking up which one is "third sonata." (Opus numbers, please!) No idea which part of the sonata th
Page 17 of 39 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 38 39 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can you identify this baby grand?
by pevo
05/29/15 12:22 AM
Yamaha C7 with Player Piano system
by Cflux
05/28/15 11:31 PM
Is it "Live" or is it.......
by piano_primo_1
05/28/15 10:24 PM
German Piano
by Kevan_man
05/28/15 09:59 PM
Why the difference in sound-NY vs Hamburg Steinway
by DanS
05/28/15 09:42 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,456 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,418 Topics
2,411,845 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission