Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
75 registered (Albunea, AndrewJCW, ando, AZNpiano, angga888, 16 invisible), 983 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Albunea @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Anybody remembers how the voting is this time? They each give some points and add them all up? Glad you got to see it, fnork.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by fnork @ Yesterday at 12:00 PM

Albunea, many thanks for compiling that list of comments! Very interesting.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ Yesterday at 11:52 AM

My predictions: What I hope to happen 1. Li 2. Kharitonov and Geniusas 4. Masleev 5. Debargue 6. Redkin Best Mozart Concerto: Li and Kharitonov Jury Discretionary Award: Tetzloff, Rashovskiy What I think will happen 1. Kharitonov and Geniusas 3. L
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sound problems with Kawai CA97 by Gouldmember @ Yesterday at 11:48 AM

thanks, the shrillness is in my ears worst in the SK concert grand, I don't like the EX, the SK5 is nice too. I don't play too much with different sounds though. And "Honky Tonk" is not really what I bought the instrument for. I guess you h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by Dru Morgan @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

This week I am supposed to work on the pedal, with Raisins and Almonds. I was ignoring the pedal to this point, but I am actually picking it up nicely. A whole new dimension.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano with synth sound or Synth with piano sound? by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By jkim4007I was able to try the Roland VR-09 in a store and was highly impressed by their piano and synth sounds. However, it's a bit out of budget For less than the VR-09's $899, look at: Roland Juno-DI $699 (should be largely s
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

I have that book too, but have barely looked at it so far.... I would be willing to try!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Tree Through House (not mine) by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 11:41 AM

My neighbor's house was bisected by a large tree yesterday during a storm, which has me thinking . . . What steps should a piano owner take for an extended period of having a tarp over a hole in the roof during summer or winter with compromised hea
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Help finding piano music by Litto @ Yesterday at 11:40 AM

Hello everybody! First of all sorry in advance for my bad English, I’m not mother language. I’m searching for particular piano music I like. Unfortunately I’m not music expert (I played the piano as a child and I’m trying to restart) and I’
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How Do You Store/Organize Your Sheet Music by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

I have open horizontal stackable shelve units in which music is stacked in piles. On top I have binders with music I've printed out from IMSLP. On the shelves, music is organized loosely by genre, though some stacks ended up being only one composer
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel upright regulation by markmilo @ Yesterday at 11:33 AM

Hi - I have PTG journals from about 2003-2010, I think. Interested? You can email me at mickeykes@hotmail.com Mickey
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By BrianDX We clearly have different views on what should be considered new. That's only your assumption. I've not expressed a view of what I think of the standard or the practices that relate to it. What I have done is to state
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

34. Rain Dance - from Faber Performance 35. The River - Faber Adult I cut my middle finger, left hand, last night cutting up veggies. I have it bandaged because it's pretty deep. It doesn't hurt when I play, but the bandage sort of distracts me,
Jump to new posts Re: Sound problems with Kawai CA97 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:24 AM

Definitely checking the dealer should be your first option. Were these sounds at all noticeable in the showroom? I presume you tested the instrument before buying it. Do you notice this problem on some of the other piano sounds? You may find one t
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

I think it is a piece of kinetic art.
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 11:21 AM

Joplin's "Solace" is very special among his music. A Tango or Habanera, it really has a kind of European 'salon' elegance about it, and it's truly wistful and sad. I think it was about the death of his wife, can't recall, and will need to l
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by Jake Jackson @ Yesterday at 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By David JensonOriginally Posted By Jake JacksonIn the video, what is the thing\device\toy that he adjusts at the very start, and which spins slowly the entire time? I think it's a metronome. I don't think I've seen a similar one
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have I Moved to the Dark Side? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By jdwI really think the lesson time is better spent on other things. Assuming the piece isn't a whole sonata (in which case you're already of advanced standard and can learn everything on your own without problems), you're only usi
Jump to new posts climate control during absence of tbd duration. by thorn_was_taken @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

Dear Collective Wisdom, My M & H A is about 90 yrs old. It is in an apt. in MN. Said dwelling has a wall-AC-unit in each bedroom and one which we do not use in the main room by the piano. We use the two bedroom AC units, with bedroom doors open
Jump to new posts Sound problems with Kawai CA97 by Gouldmember @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Hi everyone, this is my first post here got a CA97 a couple of weeks ago. I love the keyboard action but have two issues with the sound: 1. with the inbuilt sound system at little below medium volume, often it just hurts our ears, and we turn it eve
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first vid on PW by sor @ Yesterday at 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By Moonsh1neNice. You know, if you put the iPhone sideways when you record, the video will be fullscreen for the viewer as per your request, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJHZ-i8jI8&feature=youtu.be but now you cant e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Well done Casinitaly! My AOTW is a leap forward in my planned August ABF piece. It needs plenty of polishing still but it's made one of those non-linear jumps of improvement which is most satisfying. That feeling when you go from "I'm never goin
Jump to new posts Re: How complex is piano tuning? by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

Also note that this topic dates to 2009, so most of the people who participated are not around.
Quote:I have a laptop with not a lot of free disk space and my DAW is Garageband (no sounds), so unfortunately I don't think a controller would be right for me. There are sounds in their look at the 'Library' and enable 'Smart Controls'. But since y
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by S.H.Lee @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

Thanks KUrt: I am so happy you give me so many advice. Quote: So: What do you want to be better? Too much bass? Too little bass? Too forward midrange? Dull and lifeless? Boomy or hollow? Room sounds small? I fell my recording bass is too s
Page 17 of 33 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam
by rysowers
07/02/15 01:31 AM
Petrof Upright
by tanjalou
07/02/15 01:12 AM
Do you use a lot of slash chords?
by DeadPoets
07/01/15 10:39 PM
New Tuner, Old Pianos.
by Hemloch
07/01/15 09:57 PM
piano tech life before cell phones
by rtheaux
07/01/15 09:40 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,852 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,230 Topics
2,423,135 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission