Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
109 registered (AndrewJCW, Anne'sson, anamnesis, ando, Anita Potter, accordeur, 33 invisible), 1144 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Yeah - as in easy Rachmaninoff - no such animal
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best keyboard/digital piano for chamber music by Margo1967 @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

This site is amazing. I'd like to spend under $1000 -- Ideally, maybe $500-$700. But if I would do WAY better, I'd go up to $1500.
Jump to new posts Re: Does Pianoteq Ever Get Discounted? by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By thatdudeThanks a lot for the helpful tips for a beginner like me I did found out the problem originates from the velocity settings, I used a setting designated for the casio privia and it sounds better on my PX 850. Still, the m
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by Forevertwentyone @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

I got a final offer on c2x at $25,300 making the final total including tax delivery at $27,xxx. This is better than the original offer of 27,000 before tax. Should I go for this or take more time to search? I am having a trouble in decision making
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting repeated phrases by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

There is an interesting discussion about repeated phrases, form, and structure in the booklet of a recording that I have of piano rolls made around 1900 by d'Albert, Friedberg, Paderewski, Scharwenka, Hofmann, and Reisenauer. Performance practice at
Jump to new posts Kawai MP6 or MP7 vs. Roland RD700NX by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

Hi, how compared Kawai MP6 or MP7 against Roland RD700NX in key action, heaviest touch of the bunch?, more realistic touch of the bunch?, and your choice in best quality, durable and reliable key action is?. Thanks.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it always the same? by musicpassion @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Norbert, I'm guessing your purpose is to promote (and defend?) Estonia pianos? The way you are doing it doesn't improve the brand's image (at least for me). Perhaps that's reason enough to lock down a thread.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Humans Need Not Apply by Tunewerk @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

Strange stuff like that is probably possible, Ed, given that corporations already claim legal personhood like you said! Reality can be stranger that fiction. I never thought about an AI desire for rights. Jim, I can't agree more. As tech advances, i
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By TunewerkThat's closer, but still does not answer the question for me. I'm not asking you to cater to me.. but explain a basis for something that you just haven't explained. Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTThe window of 0.
Jump to new posts Kawai ES100 vs Roland FP80 by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Hi, how compared Kawai ES100 against Roland FP80 in key action, heaviest touch?, and your choice in best quality, durable and reliable key action is?. Thanks.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I enjoyed this little comic by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

The comic is inspiring.
Jump to new posts Kawai ES100 vs Roland FP80 by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

Hi, how compared Kawai ES100 against Roland FP80 in key action, heaviest touch?, and your choice in best quality, durable and reliable key action is?. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Best keyboard/digital piano for chamber music by ColoRodney @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

I'd say, for your purposes, get something that you just turn on and it works: in other words, no separate computers for "software pianos." And I'd prefer built-in speakers rather than separate monitor speakers, That way your visiting pianis
Jump to new posts Re: Best keyboard/digital piano for chamber music by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By Margo1967Hi -- I'm a (amateur but pretty good) violist, not a pianist. I play quite a bit of chamber music, usually in the Mozart to Shostakovitch periods. I'd really like to have a keyboard at home that is good enough that re
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By Chris StorchAnd you conducted all of these qualitative octave studies using open string unsions of the quality we've already heard? No, single strings. I'm not opposed to presenting lessons using single strings. Obviously I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it always the same? by Jeff Bauer @ Yesterday at 03:59 PM

I never watched this thread before today, so I decided to 'binge-read'. When Glenn chimed in with the Toyota-Bugatti comment, I had to wipe the coffee off my screen. I just put the popcorn in the microwave, I hope the thread doesn't vanish until I'
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion on Korg LP 380 by ColoRodney @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

I sold my Korg SV-1 and got a used Kawai because I didn't care for the keyboard on the Korg. I'm not sure that anyone claims that the Korg has a "much better key action." Cheaper? Sure. Better? Try them for yourself, and decide.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting repeated phrases by debussychopin @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By fredericchI agree that differences should not be made because of any convention. Nor should repeated notes be played with different fingers for the same reason. Sometimes a repetition should be the same, because the composer is
Jump to new posts Re: Casio WK 7600 CTK 7200 by galaxy4t @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

The sounds rhythms and accompaniments between models does appear to be the same. A lot of the patches/rhythms in the WK 7500 CTK 7000 are identical to the PX-575 I used to have. There are other sounds rhythms that are different. The EP's in my opini
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parson's Buys a Significant Interest in Grotrian by Norbert @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

It's been a fact that German manufacturers have long recognized that both Russia and China are their most promising future markets. Russia is somewhat off right now, so the focus is on China. The representation by German makers during the annual Sh
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My music by A Cerulean State @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

This made my day, one of the best written comments i've gotten ever. Likewise, I salute you. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Tunewerk @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

Really complete thoughts here.. it is a complex, multifaceted thing. I always enjoy reading, RXD.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College Audition Help by debussychopin @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

The 9 1 nocturne they will be looking more at your pedaling (and the cadenza) so unless you can nail it I wouldn't recommend it as it isn't an ideal choice to present in terms of playing technicality
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Traditional One Month To Recital Thread by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

The Call For Submissions thread will open sometime tonight, after I return from a movie-going adventure with the family. It's one day early, yes, but remember that the the deadline for submissions will be one day earlier for this recital, or 9:00 pm
Jump to new posts Best keyboard/digital piano for chamber music by Margo1967 @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

Hi -- I'm a (amateur but pretty good) violist, not a pianist. I play quite a bit of chamber music, usually in the Mozart to Shostakovitch periods. I'd really like to have a keyboard at home that is good enough that reasonably picky pianists would
Page 17 of 27 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 26 27 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to deal with parent during my "break"
by chasingrainbows
07/31/15 09:38 PM
How Effective is the Practice Pedal?
by Dwscamel
07/31/15 09:08 PM
Digital piano
by ZeljkoM
07/31/15 08:12 PM
Need Some Help On a Lesson
by Skylarking
07/31/15 06:30 PM
Distant Voices: Piano Music of Claude Debussy & Gao Ping
by fredericch
07/31/15 06:03 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,214 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,896 Topics
2,431,721 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission