Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Ed, you artfully dodged the question, which was "Can you provide medical and statistical evidence?" I was really curious (as I am sure many pianists would be) how your actions have helped pianists alleviate repetitive use problems.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Hamilton 1941 by BDB @ 09/16/14 11:44 PM

They were the best of the Baldwin off-brands, but quite a bit below the level of the Baldwin grands. If you were to pay for restringing and the other things it undoubtedly needs, you would probably pay more than equivalent new pianos. I would not bot
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by beethoven986 @ 09/16/14 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyI am perfectly aware that Schimmel doesn't build the piano. I am aware that it is built in China. However, that doesn't exclude Schimmel from being the designer. Or, it may only be a stencil of Del's Weber....I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spontaneous vs. non spontaneous performing by argerichfan @ 09/16/14 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: DeruluxWhat I keep coming back to is the idea that a recitalist more or less defines exactly what's going to happen through a long and arduous process, and that's it. There's no intuitive feeling for the music, or deep-rooted u
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by That Tooner @ 09/16/14 11:27 PM

Today I tuned the Kawai RX-6 at my school. I tuned it with tunelab in EBVT III but also aurally verified and corrected notes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUulZ0-rea8&list=UU-QsuECzr9hD-4URcLtiJ4Q
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by eugene_bb @ 09/16/14 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: eugene_bbOriginally Posted By: Minnesota MartyOriginally Posted By: eugene_bbWhy are people talking about percentages and cuts of the dealer. It's the topic of this thread. that is true, but i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by DameMyra @ 09/16/14 11:22 PM

To me almost EVERYTHING in the Barcarolle is weird from the strange dolce sfogato section (does anyone hear John Williams' score to ET in the 5th & 6th measures here?) to the startling harmonies and counterpoint of the coda to the final 32 note l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Picking up practice after vacations by malkin @ 09/16/14 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: AndresD...I've been practicing for a lot longer that some of the people there and I'm not nearly as good... ...not a competition, merely an exhibition...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Baldwin Hamilton 1941 by JMN12 @ 09/16/14 11:13 PM

Hello, there is a posting on CL for a 1941 Baldwin Hamilton from 1941. size is 5'9". Ad states that it needs new strings due to rust on tuning pins. Other than the issue with the tuning pins, the case is in excellent condition. Asking $1K.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kreisleriana by argerichfan @ 09/16/14 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: storesOriginally Posted By: argerichfanArgerich turned me on to the piece. Really? You don't say? Sorry, but this made me laugh. Gee, I missed this comment at the time it was posted! Sorry you are no longer active -I al
Adult Beginners Forum
Anyway, isn't it better to have the new teacher slightly underestimate your abilities? That way it can be a pleasant surprise when you exceed expectations rather than the converse!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by rpw @ 09/16/14 11:05 PM

Still here, although not in Faber anymore. I switched to the Grade 3 RCM Celebration Series few months ago after completing Faber AIO 2 book. I have repertoire, etudes and technique books and usually get something to work on from each one. I assume t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by JoelW @ 09/16/14 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: EldridgeI agree--nothing's stranger. Someone described it as "wind whistling over graves." I always thought it was wind blowing through a cornfield.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Paul678Reblitz warns that loosening more than 6-8 strings puts the plate in danger of cracking. Maybe I could do a small section of the bridge at a time? Or maybe slacken every other string in the middle octaves? Nope. The b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by JoelW @ 09/16/14 10:44 PM

I wish I knew the source. I recall Chopin saying it in a letter to someone.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by ando @ 09/16/14 10:40 PM

Thanks James, very interesting.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Mark_C @ 09/16/14 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: JoelWApparently, Chopin didn't quite know if it was going to be received well. Maybe this is due to its weirdness. Cool -- but how do we know that? I didn't know we knew that. And I guess maybe you didn't know that some of us d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tucson, AZ: Is Arizona Room a bad place for a piano? by Minnesota Marty @ 09/16/14 10:38 PM

If it is a beater, it really doesn't matter. It might be a great "party piano."
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Reger's Piano Variations by argerichfan @ 09/16/14 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: RealPlayerHey, Jason, didn't Reger write quite a lot for organ? What's that music like? Yes, he did write quite a bit for organ, and the chorale fantasias are incredibly dense and difficult, though no more so than the chorale
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ 09/16/14 10:25 PM

Nice to hear from you all. I'm about 1/5 of the way through all of the Level 3A books. The three performance pieces I've worked on so far have been lots of fun and somewhat challenging. Allegretto by Diabelli has been a particular challenge, as the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by Minnesota Marty @ 09/16/14 10:25 PM

Turandot, I understand all you have stated very well. You asked me a question, and I responded. A dealer linked to his sales site which had all of the canned info about the Fridolin. That would tend to indicate that it was a line he carried, howe
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: BruceD No excessive heat but it still gets very hot ... ? And : screened-in but enclosed? Screened-in implies that the room is not completely closed to the outside atmosphere, but enclosed does. Which is it? That apart, I w
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by Brendan @ 09/16/14 10:15 PM

Is it appropriate to play this piece while wearing shorts? You decide. Recorded at work over the weekend. There's still a way to go, but I feel like I'm making progress towards an interpretation with which I'm satisfied. The first public viewing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by earlofmar @ 09/16/14 10:06 PM

For a moment I thought we were going to have five minutes of locomotive noises. Been a long time since I heard Paul Simon sing this gem.....great.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: That awkward non-playing hand... by earlofmar @ 09/16/14 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: TX-Bluebonnet Why is that? What do you do? I think having the hand on the lap when not playing is part how we may have been taught, part piano etiquette, and part personal choice. My own opinion is it may be easier but is mor
Page 17 of 27 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
help with finger numbers in this piece...
by PianoKimmy
09/18/14 05:35 AM
Most Difficult?
by SiFi
09/18/14 01:21 AM
What is most common size wire to break?
by Ed McMorrow, RPT
09/18/14 12:19 AM
Will this Piano Room have good Acoustics?
by flamenco88
09/17/14 10:59 PM
Proud new owner of a Yamaha P22
by amanda416
09/17/14 09:04 PM
Who's Online
103 registered (alexbergauer, A Guy, 3times2, Abby Pianoman, Al LaPorte, 27 invisible), 1135 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76237 Members
42 Forums
157598 Topics
2314919 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission