Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
60 registered (AtlantisHero, Adypiano, AZNpiano, allakart, 12 invisible), 1116 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Grotrian 6'3" v. Steinway B by lluiscl @ Yesterday at 01:23 AM

Playing during 3 days the most known brands (with the exceptions of Steinway, Bechstein and Sauter) in the last Frankfurt Musikmesse edition, IMHO the best grand was the newest (yet in "prototype" fase) Grotrian Steinweg 225 Concert model:
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 01:22 AM

Jon, This matter is really between yourself and Kawai America, therefore - as an employee of Kawai Japan - I am reluctant to comment further. I am sorry that you are not satisfied with the customer support afforded to you, however I'm confident tha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Piano Pro - Hot Tips and Mini Lessons by Pete the bean @ Yesterday at 01:19 AM

What Child Is This Jazz Arrangemnet: http://www.4shared.com/office/5Bg70syFba/What_Child_Arr.html
Jump to new posts Black Friday is here - Seen any deals? by MeghanM @ Yesterday at 01:16 AM

For those of us who are in the market for a new digital piano or keyboard, Black Friday weekend has finally arrived. If anyone has seen any great sales or promotions, please post. I'm interested in an 88-key instrument myself.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by McBuster @ Yesterday at 01:04 AM

James Thanks for kind remarks. I am not naive to the room and surroundings affecting any sounds from a stereo, an acoustic piano nor mine. I too was happy with the 63 and 93. Same spot. Same room. But wanted the features of the 95. All this co
Jump to new posts Re: LACHNIT MK22 by leafhound @ Yesterday at 01:01 AM

Euro 5690 for a controller
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Norbert "Better" in terms of liking a cheaper piano better than a more expensive one. Liking an instrument "better" is all that counts just as some folks prefer simple food over "sophisticated", i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Compare Steinway, Estonia & Shigeru Kawai by Norbert @ Yesterday at 12:47 AM

Quote:He prefer Shigeru at this time. But I don't know will he change his mind again. 😉 Best of luck: all three pianos are very fine specimen! Norbert
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Grotrian 6'3" v. Steinway B by hoola @ Yesterday at 12:46 AM

My technician whose name was given to me by Grotrian headquarter, and recommended as "our trusted technician" said similar things to Ed (my piano was bought in 1991). He also told me what defects he detected and reported to Grotrian. Mysel
Jump to new posts MIDI in on a Kawai VPC-1... by pocoapoco @ Yesterday at 12:35 AM

I have a Kawai VPC-1 and have noticed after writing a half-pedal script with visual feedback in Kontakt 5 that the value change for the damper pedal was not smooth at all. Towards the bottom end of the pedal travel the midi value sent would jump by a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov Sonatas - 1 vs 2? by jeffreyjones @ Yesterday at 12:19 AM

In college, I knew someone who worked tirelessly on the First Sonata. It was nightmarishly difficult to play and especially to memorize, because there is so much repetition, and I think he would agree with me that there was little to gain from all of
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov Sonatas - 1 vs 2? by Pogorelich. @ Yesterday at 12:11 AM

I know what I know, and that's all I know.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by rocket88 @ Yesterday at 12:09 AM

Cool.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Weber piano sonatas: a "hidden" treasure by jeffreyjones @ Yesterday at 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistMozart's and Bach's pieces are written with far more skill than Weber's. Maybe not more skill, but more inspiration. I would put Weber's mastery of form and development with any other composer, but his output is not
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Thanksgiving by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 12:04 AM

I've been looking forward to this year's Thanksgiving thread, hoping that Deborah would be on it, and likewise Andy (CinnamonBear) who I hope will be making an appearance soon..... You never know what you're going to get out of an internet site. Lik
Piano Forum
Quote: What do you mean, "Much Better"? And where do you look? Or perhaps that's a secret! "Better" in terms of liking a cheaper piano better than a more expensive one. Liking an instrument "better" is all that count
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: my struggle to learn pop piano by rocket88 @ 11/27/14 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: JytteWhy do people 'alway' say/assume that pop is simpler/easier than classical?? (That meant as an honest question, not an approach) In my humble experience, in making simplified scores from classics and pop alike, pop is ofte
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: E4 Just Won't Come Into Tune by Chris Leslie @ 11/27/14 11:05 PM

harpon, discovering things yourself like that by trial and error and a little thought is a good way to learn. Keep it up.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by Kawai James @ 11/27/14 11:02 PM

Jon, thank you for your post. I do not doubt that the sound you are hearing exists - it's a characteristic of the sample for that note. The same characteristic will therefore also be present in a number of other Kawai DPs, including the instruments
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by Mark_C @ 11/27/14 11:01 PM

.....for emphasis.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just joined by musdan @ 11/27/14 10:55 PM

Hello and welcome to Piano World - if you can, find a good teacher that's the best way to learn. I'm sure you will get some good suggestions from fellow music makers. Enjoy the journey. Let us know how things go.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: E4 Just Won't Come Into Tune by harpon @ 11/27/14 10:52 PM

Just did some more fine tuning myself, and thinking about the comments above. Yes the pegs are like other stringed instruments, and even geared tuners on a guitar tend to backtrack a little more when you haven't worked the string around very much.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just joined by fizikisto @ 11/27/14 10:51 PM

Wise Manzard Welcome to the forum, and to the the piano. I'm sure you'll get a lot of people suggesting that you get a teacher, and indeed if you can find a good teacher that you can afford, that is the ideal situation. A good teacher can see
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Freelance collaborative pianist - money issues by Auntie Lynn @ 11/27/14 10:48 PM

I never even lift the fallboard until the financial matters have been settled. On my jobs, I am a regular employee and the people I work for have payroll services who take care of all the little details. Type up a flyer with rates, details and acce
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you play the piano 'for relaxation'? by Auntie Lynn @ 11/27/14 10:42 PM

Today is Thanksgiving. This is the first day in months that I can remember that I have not had to go to one of The Jobs. I don't play a whole lot anymore for relaxation, but I have been all day working on my rep for The Job. When I get home at nig
Page 17 of 29 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 28 29 >
What's Hot!!

Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Are there any upright owners who leave the front open?
by harpon
11/29/14 01:00 AM
They don't call him the 'Poet of the Piano' for nothing!
by JoelW
11/28/14 11:53 PM
Steinway rebuild question
by schlaigs
11/28/14 10:00 PM
Baldwin Hamilton Hammer Butt and Back Stop Leather
by Ryan Hassell
11/28/14 09:55 PM
Please help me to find out the pattern of this Cdim7
by SZ54
11/28/14 08:12 PM
Forum Stats
77083 Members
42 Forums
159435 Topics
2342079 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission