Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
125 registered (aeroseb, AZNpiano, ajames, augustm, 33 invisible), 1849 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When things get rough... by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 07:23 AM

Hi outo, I didn't realize you had these problems. I knew you were having trouble with your memory that it is hard to get thing ingrained. I'm so sorry for this. I haven't read all replies, but I think it would be a good idea to change the lesson sche
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading a score with bifocals by TomInCinci @ Yesterday at 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88I love my computer/piano glasses (the same focal length works for both uses, for me). I have three pairs: one at work, one at home on my piano, and one in my piano bag to go to lessons. The piano bag paid were sor
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: roland lx17 ringing sounds by DazedAndConfused @ Yesterday at 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By nelceJust wanted to report back: just like Nordomus said, adjusting duplex scale and string resonance didn't correct the issue, but adjusting Single Key Character did! Bumping the value of E4 to -1 completely eliminated that high
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do dealers sometimes push a particular brand? by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By ArghhhI've started to find it a bit tiring - the dealers giving 100% positive comments on the their pianos and 100% negative comments on the competitors' pianos I think there is no perfect piano. I can say a negative comment
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Distance learning part time degree in music by zyxwvu @ Yesterday at 05:02 AM

Hi Nikolas, that is because no university/institute in my city offers part time music degree, while i have a full time job here so cannot leave for a long period of time
Jump to new posts Re: Difference between Roland S2 and Lx-7 or Lx-17 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By augustmThanks for the information from Kawai... If I could track down the CS11 to compare with it would be even nicer. May I please refer you to the digital piano dealer map of the KawaiFR.com website: http://www.kawaifr.com/re
My Casio 760 doesn't have line out at all, only 2 headphone outs and usb for computer. But I am planning to use my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 as amp/mon input anyway. It has line outputs and S/PDIF (which I thought is better in case I have amp with digit
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: your thoughts on the blues? by Nahum @ Yesterday at 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By jjoSimon: One of the old Real Books has Blue Train as a C minor blues. The older Real Books,however, are filled with errors (no criticism intended of the original authors who did great work), and its interesting how they have b
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skipping a method book level by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By Gary D. The number one problem I have with students who come from other teachers is that they are forced to "over-study" pieces to the extent that they memorize and "master" a fe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha G2: what do you think? by Bellicapelli @ Yesterday at 03:56 AM

Hi, thanks for the answers. Looks like the g2 is the reliable workhorse everyone would expect from a Yamaha, i look at it as sort of a grand - u3, and having this exemplar a nice tone, this gets interesting. I actually am (was?) in the research
Jump to new posts Re: digital piano standing vertically - is it OK? by Nordomus @ Yesterday at 03:28 AM

You will be fine, plastic action is indestructible
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
How impressionistic is the sound! Thanks, great pleasure !
Jump to new posts Re: digital piano standing vertically - is it OK? by MarieJ @ Yesterday at 03:01 AM

My Yamaha P95 stood vertically in our caravan/RV every night for several months; there was not enough room on the bed for it and us at the same time. It was perfectly happy .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help Me Name Our Store by MarieJ @ Yesterday at 02:51 AM

PianoSuppliesPlus.com?
Jump to new posts Re: Difference between Roland S2 and Lx-7 or Lx-17 by augustm @ Yesterday at 02:49 AM

Here is the pricing: http://www.franz-klaviere.de/hersteller/roland.html http://www.franz-klaviere.de/instrumente-und-zubehoer/100213.html the S2 is much closer in price to the Lx-17 than the Lx-7 Page is in German, so I had some help from google
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts I'm so nervous I almost always screw up on recordings by Simple.Pianist @ Yesterday at 02:26 AM

Do you guys enjoy "somehow" this? Should I try to improve it? Consider it more of experimenting and bits of ideas... I dont know
I think it depends of the piano. My piano has 2 pairs of jack socket : one which is affected by the volume and sn other which is not.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Did I just miss a great deal? by Sam Rose @ Yesterday at 02:16 AM

Meh. You can do WAY better.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 02:09 AM

Ben Crosland's scores, along with Elissa Milne's and a few others are pop-ish in sound. Now the problem, for me, is that when I think pop music, I think of older pop music which actually HAD a piano in the recordings and can be somehow performed wit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Distance learning part time degree in music by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 02:05 AM

I will go ahead and ask, though it may be a bit private for you... Why DISTANCE learning in particular? Music, especially performance, benefits from the physical presence of a teacher, plus networking, which is a vital part of your education (or sho
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By pianoloverusI don't see much purpose in speculating about what might happen in the future due to the Pearl River take over of Schimmel. What will be, will be. Que sera sera
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Distance learning part time degree in music by zyxwvu @ Yesterday at 01:47 AM

Not sure where to post this so I'll just post here Does anyone know any universities that offer part time distance learning degrees in music? Have been doing a bit of research on the Internet, and most distance learning music degrees do with mus
Member Recordings
Hello TVB Drama followers, 巨輪二 (Brother's Keeper 2) is finally here... Hope this one lives up to the awesomeness of the 1st one in the series. Anyway, here is my piano cover on the main opening theme song called 誰可改變 by 陳展鵬 Ruco C
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:38 AM

Actually, I imagine all pianists not having to hear that the piano that they spent a significant amount of their savings and income on needs expensive work.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher recommendations in Chicago Northwest Suburbs? by pianofan1017 @ Yesterday at 01:37 AM

Check out music Insititute of Chicago. They have many campuses.
Page 17 of 22 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Anyone knows what this is?
by Qazsedcft
08/30/16 02:37 PM
The Power of Pedagogy
by DaveRobertsJazz
08/30/16 02:32 PM
Can tuning interval beats be thought in terms of shapes
by HelloMrZebra
08/30/16 02:22 PM
Roland HP-603 or Roland F-140R with Pianoteq?
by brooster
08/30/16 12:44 PM
Music Notation question: Double Sharp Turn in Prelude in Em
by sonhnguyen
08/30/16 11:44 AM
Forum Stats
84,824 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,859 Topics
2,551,656 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission