Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
131 registered (accordeur, ando, AllanH, anamnesis, Alan Tripp, 31 invisible), 1620 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please help - new Steinway B by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM

Thank you Larry! It never occurred to me that anyone outside of the tri-state area would make such a trip. I will contact Ed.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is $7900 a good price for a 1998 Baldwin M? by Cerecita @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM

Thank you for your thoughts. Nice price on that piano and a nice story too! I have not been able to find any in that range -- and many that are older go for more. You mention quality issues during this time frame -- how did you learn this. I've seen
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: BEST FOR CARRYING AROUND? by Woodstockz @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

Anyone have thoughts on living with the Roland RD-64? I looked into it, and most comments are two years old.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Campanella12 @ Yesterday at 12:06 PM

@ Wim- just recently a US college decided on a Petrof Concert Grand and against several European and American options. They fell in love with the instrument and the value. The piano was sold through by the local merchant.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 12:06 PM

Jytte, BrianDX, WiseBluff--thanks. The piano is due to arrive this afternoon. I just went to take a photo of the empty space where the piano will go and discovered my camera has a near-dead battery (now being re-charged). Mr. Stubbie, on the other
Piano Forum
Some numbers are just famous: 88 piano keys, 12 tones, 50 states, 99 bottles of beer, 101 dalmatians, 40 days/nights/years . . . 😀
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts A day of trying pianos in London by Twindad @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

Hello all. Ever since I bought my “new” 1990 C. Bechstein M-180 last October, I’ve been visiting piano dealers on a semi-frequent basis, playing lots of other pianos and noting the differences – good, bad and indifferent in the various mak
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By Campanella12Wim-we are not billed in CZK. The above comment does not explain or justify the phenomenon described below. Originally Posted By wimpianoAs I've stated before ... This does not explain a 200-300% price difference.
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Havian 30 by David Farley @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

It doesn't look like the stand comes with an integrated pedal unit so that seems to be a sign that it's more intended for stage use, but who knows. It looks really interesting.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Horowitz '86 Moscow Concert Recreated Last Night... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By Piano*DadSome of us remember watching the original performance live. Indeed, some of us do! It was one of those pivotal things that made me fall in love with piano forever.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Mrs. Sokoloff, Part II by joe80 @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

Wow Hugh studied with Jorge Bolet? I have two anecdotes about Bolet - 1st is that my teacher who was with Karl Schnabel also became friends with Jorge Bolet, and ended up in the studio while he was making a Chopin record (now, dear old George - m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips on finding and selecting a piano teacher by Elvistown @ Yesterday at 11:37 AM

Both good suggestions. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Es7 advice by Upright @ Yesterday at 11:36 AM

I also can give a vote for the ES-7. As I own a piano shop, I have daily access to several piano model. But I especially like the ES-7 for its sound, feel and very good price.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Campanella12 @ Yesterday at 11:36 AM

Wim-we are not billed in CZK.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 11:33 AM

The Euro Dollar rate is not interesting as they use CZK in the Czech republic. As I've stated before, the maximum volatility in CZK USD has been 25% over the past 10 years. This does not explain a 200-300% price difference.
Jump to new posts Korg Havian 30 by Robt. @ Yesterday at 11:29 AM

I'll be in the market for a digital piano sometime soon and so far I like the Yamaha DGX-650 & all its bells & whistles. But I came across the Korg Havian 30 yesterday & like the million or so sounds it has but is it a stage piano or home
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C1 by MaMaYu @ Yesterday at 11:27 AM

Great Chicago area
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing the right Digital Piano by bnolsen @ Yesterday at 11:27 AM

I'd say stick with your es7 for now. Wait for at least one more generation, maybe 2, or find an acoustic piano. Until then occasionally practice on a grand piano if possible until then. If your lessons are on a grand then you're good for quite a w
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making a grand action heavier by rysowers @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Another great post by Jim Ialeggio! +1
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips on finding and selecting a piano teacher by dmd @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By ElvistownSo... I'm using Alfred's Adult Beginner piano course for self-teaching. I know that I need to find a teacher. Any suggestions for determining how to find the best teachers for adult beginners? How did you find that t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano (1), Inherited by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By terminaldegree Finally, you could do a lot of good by donating the piano to a school, performing arts center, or religious institution. The tax deduction could be sizable, and you'd feel good about helping other deserving and as
Jump to new posts Re: Kawaï sound headphones on by Tralexer @ Yesterday at 11:15 AM

I own a CA97, and use DT-880 ($350 studio headphones) the majority of the time I play it (and have tried 3 other professional studio headphones). The sound quality through headphones definitely leaves something to be desired. I don't know if its the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 23 yo Steinway M Versus Brand New Yamaha C2X by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 11:11 AM

Why be afraid? You'd have a tech inspect it, and you ultimately want to buy the piano with which you're most satisfied overall. If you approach it with an open mind (forget the brand name part of things), without being in a rush, and with good back
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Horowitz '86 Moscow Concert Recreated Last Night... by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

CD 503 is not in the state that Horowitz left it, if I recall reports about it correctly. Exactly what has been done, I'm not sure. It has always been said that Horowitz favored lightness and brightness in action and hammers that is hard to control,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adam Schaaf Model 30 41662 (1916); Adam Schaaf Model 21 (192 by Adam Schaaf 58265 @ Yesterday at 11:05 AM

Here is the link to my photos. Now that I have a little more understanding of the mechanics here, I will post additional folders. https://plus.google.com/u/0/106056721762368989419/photos Can somebody tell me how to make this a link?
Page 17 of 30 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 29 30 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Toronto Valentine Circus, Part 2
by Peter K. Mose
04/25/15 02:40 PM
The Piano Music of Charles Ives- master class
by Dfrankjazz
04/25/15 02:22 PM
Piano light / lamp recs
by Zerlina
04/25/15 02:05 PM
Chopin 2015 Prelimary round winners video links
by Hakki
04/25/15 01:56 PM
New piano--C3X grand
by Stubbie
04/25/15 12:09 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,032 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,529 Topics
2,399,631 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission