Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the purpose of learning a song's chords? by Rerun @ Yesterday at 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Alex1I know beginners often start with learning a song's chords. Is this because the chords are a song's basic structure? I thought melody is a song's structure, but melody consists of top notes, not the chords. Or are chords th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by Purkoy @ Yesterday at 06:34 AM

When I was very small, a piano fell on me. Ever since then, I have been a flat minor. (Don't worry, I can find the exit without being manhandled.)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube! :) by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 06:22 AM

It's ok. It's not the end of the world. As I said stick around, be a part of this community and share... Offer and receive. Welcome to PW!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC... Do you know any free and easy to use video-editing software? I use Windows Movie Maker and find it quite easy to use
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just Tuned up and Played a Kawai KG-1D..... by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTA443 did not say excellent regulation will make all grand actions feel the same. He said it would make them much more controllable and consistent. Why do you want to put meaning into words that is not there? Th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by sullivang @ Yesterday at 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Macy No, I did not use a smaller pre-load with the SSD. Hmmm - now that is interesting. Greg.
Jump to new posts Re: Surge protection? by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 06:02 AM

Originally Posted By: TX-BluebonnetThanks everyone! I took a look at the links that were kindly provided. The APC brand does look pretty good except for quite a few complaints about the batteries dying within a matter of months. I still may go with o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube! :) by PianoPlayer98 @ Yesterday at 06:01 AM

Sorry I didn't realise. Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated. All I am is someone with a passion I guess and I hope to share it with the world
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 05:58 AM

All of this is very curious. I used to have an old, slow laptop ... 1.7 GHz Duo with a 7200 RPM drive. I had no dropouts, and decent but not stellar latency. Only when playing multiple pianos together (in chorus fashion) did I ever get dropouts. And
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear by Tiger22 @ Yesterday at 05:49 AM

I have tried a few of them and don't like the Momentum series at all. I do struggle with the on-ear type of headphones as I don't find them comfortable for listening for long periods. I have a pair of HD-598 over-ear open headphones and I think the
Adult Beginners Forum
torquenale - Wow, very good and thanks! Now we know that you are a great photographer too. AimeeO - Thanks, AimeeO! Maybe you can join us in the next EPP2015; I'm sure sooner or later, the next party will have a special thread in PW forum. UKIkaru
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 05:21 AM

If it has to do with the struts then my piano is of the hook No struts at all.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay@Goomer Piles: According to the OP he can play Liebestraum (I assume no. 3), yet he somehow hasn't grown out of calling classical pieces "songs." That combined with the claim of playing a 20 hour gig just s
Pianist Corner
Classical: Beethoven: op.27/2, 1st movement (Moonlight) Mozart: K331, 3rd movement (Alla Turca) Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody Nr.2 Pop: Various songs by Chris de Burgh, Charles Trenet My Way / Comme d'habitude Musical: My fair lady: With a little bit o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things are not working out for me by Phil Greenough @ Yesterday at 05:10 AM

I cannot give any meaningful advice on your predicament Teodor as I have only been learning piano for a few months, however, I can offer life experience. At fifty five I've learned a few things and one of them is not to give up, you may regret it a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by Ben_NZ @ Yesterday at 05:06 AM

Interesting graph! In my dum-dum lingo, am I correct that the pattern of pitch changes is not a result of the frame construction, but of the different string wire thicknesses (and therefore the different relative tensions the strings are under)? Stri
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by Macy @ Yesterday at 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: sullivangMacMacMac: You are taking the same overly simplistic view that I had, IMHO. There have been at least two reports that I'm aware of now (one from Macy - I forget who the other was) from users who were able to use a smal
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro by musicpassion @ Yesterday at 05:04 AM

Since my ipad battery is almost dead I'll make this short, with just one idea: In m21 and m22 there are several important musical directions. First the appassionato, which was already mentioned. Then the fermata. Then the rit., which works with t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube! :) by Dara @ Yesterday at 04:56 AM

I just listened to your piano piece PianoPlayer98. It's a nice little piece, not terribly original, and overly relying on cliche emotive patterns. Sounds like nothing distinctive... where, who.... are you, in your piano playing? Welcome to PW,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the purpose of learning a song's chords? by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 04:54 AM

Chords are very important if you want to play in a band setting, or really any setting where there are other instruments. It's very likely other instruments will cover the melody (ie. vocals if you have a singer). In this situation piano's job is oft
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by maurus @ Yesterday at 04:38 AM

Well, Marty, it may be that you are not accustomed to urban life in a European city such as Vienna.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Sufficient for a Newbie by maurus @ Yesterday at 04:33 AM

What AJF says: getting a good teacher is the real issue. Of course it is more rewarding to practice on a real piano, but there are situations where this is not an option, at least for some time. Determination, practice, and the best teacher you can f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mendelssohn on meaning in music by maurus @ Yesterday at 04:26 AM

Mendelssohn's quote is certainly provocative. But: His remarks on the ambiguity of written or spoken words are spot on. If music is a language, it is a very different one than ordinary language. And as usual, there is a problem of translation between
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: RetsacnalOnce when I was returning from overseas, the flight attendant was explaining the Immigration and Customs forms so that passengers could have them filled out before arrival. She explained that U.S. citizens needed only t
Adult Beginners Forum
Did anyone manage to get any videos of playing at all? I'd be interested in seeing anything we might have.
Page 17 of 39 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 38 39 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
78 registered (AndrewJCW, AmateurBob, 24 invisible), 1248 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75522 Members
42 Forums
156177 Topics
2293497 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice for learning composition and arrangement
by ttttcrngyblflpp
13 minutes 50 seconds ago
Broadway medley
by cheni
Today at 02:10 AM
I'm Back!!
by warlock214
Today at 12:52 AM
Ex-Veteran wants to return, is it possible ?
by Spektre
Today at 12:45 AM
Summer Camp
by myip
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission