Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (Amosdoll, 8ude, agoriaket, 41 invisible), 1377 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Knabe vs Mason & Hamlin baby grand by Bob @ 09/02/15 10:05 PM

It might be hard to find a truly independent technician without ties to the RPT's who did the work (unless you live in a large market) but you should try to visit the piano with a technician who can pull the action for you, and explain the condition
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Tony, Thanks for the interesting dialog here as you are just a little older than myself (6 yrs.) although I can say I hope to see potential long term usage with my V-Piano also unless I eventually upgrade to something like the V-Grand, or (holding m
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HAMBURG UPS AND DOWNS by Markarian @ 09/02/15 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By Markarian... I'm curious which years are considered good and bad for Astoria, besides the obvious CBS years. ... CBS kinda gets a bad rap on this. The fact is that Steinway was making Teflon bush
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Sam SI'm in at the first spot, but not likely to stay there - I tried to sing and it makes me cringe to listen to it! Sam For a while I was debating to sing too (Misty by the way) but I've decided not to. Although .... Oh, j
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by TonyB @ 09/02/15 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By pv88Originally Posted By TonyBpv88, I suspect that, rather than "blowing things out of the water", it will happen by degrees. The V series was mighty fine when it was introduced and it won't become any less than it is
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ 09/02/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By BachusDespite all the great reactions By Jay, i still have not seen a good comparrison between the pha4 and the PHa50 action... A few words by Jay on this would be very welcome... A couple of quick comparative notes. The ove
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By AlbuneaOriginally Posted By newbert Wow! So, I'm lucky to have snuck in just before Tim, because he's going to be a tough act to follow! Haha I already enjoyed the pieces you advanced in the other recital, so waiting fo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by Riddler @ 09/02/15 08:44 PM

Glen, as always that was an excellent improv. What a nice, relaxed swinging feel. Very expressive, but with the appearance of effortlessness. Loved that moody intro, too, nice harmonies! Choo, lovely performance! Kind of sad, haunting, but with some
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano purchasing approach, used or new? by JohnSprung @ 09/02/15 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTIn my limited experience, I have many more positive experiences with upright pianos from 1905 - 1929 or there abouts. My experiences with pianos around 1950 - 1970, not so good. . Another reason is that a lot
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Member Recordings posts by Orange Soda King @ 09/02/15 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By IncongruousGo to the bottom of that page. Find "Search topics". Next to it you should see a thing that says "active in the last 3 months". Now click on it and then "from all dates" and then change. 7
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: gospel or sacred music by Rerun @ 09/02/15 08:21 PM

Yep, wish I had 1/1000th of her talent.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Member Recordings posts by Incongruous @ 09/02/15 08:19 PM

Go to the bottom of that page. Find "Search topics". Next to it you should see a thing that says "active in the last 3 months". Now click on it and then "from all dates" and then change. 76 Pages should show up.
Piano Forum
Hi Gary! Yes, but it's kind of like "by appointment"! I think people can request to play on it through the lobby security, but I'm not totally sure! Manuel
Jump to new posts Re: Mainstage 3.2 by Macy @ 09/02/15 08:14 PM

I use Mainstage without problems so I'm baffled by your troubles. Just so you know what you should expect, I typically have the Vintage D (Kontakt), Ivory II American D, and True Keys American loaded simultaneously as a single Concert and switch betw
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What kind of piano is this? by rysowers @ 09/02/15 08:13 PM

Lift the lid and take a picture. All will be revealed...
Jump to new posts Re: Introducing myself by rysowers @ 09/02/15 08:11 PM

Hi there Dane! What part of Washington are you from ? Eastern or Western? Northern or Southern? I'm down in Olympia. Feel free to drop me a line if you're in the area. BTW, sluggish Acrosonics can respond well to treating the flanges with 50/50 wat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Member Recordings posts by Arghhh @ 09/02/15 08:09 PM

Anyone know why the older member recording posts aren't accessible anymore?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ 09/02/15 07:56 PM

Wow, ladies and gentlemen, this thread is really starting to cook now! I love the fact that we have students in multiple levels of the Faber books, should be getting some great feedback here. For me, right now I'm in the Level 3B Technique book d
Originally Posted By TonyBpv88, I suspect that, rather than "blowing things out of the water", it will happen by degrees. The V series was mighty fine when it was introduced and it won't become any less than it is as new products that are
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano as Furniture by phacke @ 09/02/15 07:53 PM

I am not posting the pictures to make any kind of statement like that. They are just piano pictures I like in some way, in the context around furniture and the room.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What should I do after high school with the piano? by pianoloverus @ 09/02/15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveThe person you study with is much more important than the school. Find a good teacher. But the OP is not majoring in piano or anything even close to that. He has played for one year and likes piano. He should choose t
Adult Beginners Forum
Recently, I signed up on artistworks.com with Hugh Sung. I am halfway trhough the first tune, Greensleeves. So that is progress. I will be re-retired next week and am looking forward to spending real time with this course and others that I have.
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by TonyB @ 09/02/15 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By pv88@Tony, I too feel to be relatively settled with keeping my V-Piano until a really barn storming (so-to-speak) new model comes along that would truly blow things out of the water as for improved modeling sounds and perhaps ad
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA17 vs CA67 by Kawai James @ 09/02/15 07:25 PM

Hello pe2Dave, Originally Posted By pe2DaveI'm wondering if the extra money for the 67 is worth it for the additional features... Yes, I would say so. Originally Posted By pe2Dave(I can't find a comparison table). Please try here: http://www.kaw
Jump to new posts Re: Dampers on my 100 Year old grand by BDB @ 09/02/15 07:20 PM

If you are going to replace felt, replace all of the felt. Flat felt and wedge felt are often combined on the same damper. Because the spread of the strings is different front to back, using wedge felt both front and back may not work well, particul
Page 17 of 23 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Live piano music in restaurant - thinking Christmas
by Bellyman
09/03/15 09:27 PM
Casio AP-450, strange sound when a few keys are pressed
by Sandbo
09/03/15 07:43 PM
Glissando question
by FrankCox
09/03/15 06:56 PM
Why are there no guidelines for beginners and averages.
by ster100
09/03/15 06:49 PM
Arabian piano music
by Aly Baracat
09/03/15 05:51 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,625 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,663 Topics
2,441,869 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission