Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
98 registered (AlexanderLee, anamnesis, augustm, aesop, ando, Al LaPorte, 26 invisible), 1022 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
- although I know this isn't your decision, it's the colleges. Don't let it be a deciding factor on whether or not you study here. Let the quality of teaching and opportunity be your deciding factor.
Piano Forum
Rich, it's interesting you say that Steinways are quite finicky - you're not the first person I've heard say that. I've heard guys over here say that they are 'labour hungry', and that they are notoriously difficult to tune in comparison to say, a BĂ
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!! by anamnesis @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By JA MusicationHowever, It wasn't until about my sophomore year of high school that I figured out how to count - from my dad, who played trumpet some in high school but was very mathematically minded. Howev
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Question about my level by gooddog @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

It is helpful to list what pieces you are working on at the bottom of your post. This gives us a general idea of your learning level, but the only way to assess your skill level is for you to post a recording in Member's Recordings.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
And generally people are just not willing to pay as much for apps I see. So the price will be adjusted to the average user potential rather than any true value it may have (in R&D costs etc). If the user is just going to tinkle around with it, i
I guess from my perspective and maybe others who have a cabinet style digital piano arranged like they would have an acoustic in a living area away from the office where the computer is situated, would be handy to have Pianoteq discretely balanced on
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By MRCInteresting story. I imagine the joker decided to see how far he/she could push the thing before somebody cried "fake. Congratulations on being that somebody. But we here discovered and exposed the fake well befor
Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddThis was shot on a Panasonic LX-100 4k camera. But on my laptop speakers I am having a hard time hearing if we are listening to sound of the CP4 through the Yamaha monitors in the room, or if it's going direct to came
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tension buildup when learning a new piece slowly by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:35 AM

As others have suggested, but I wish to reiterate: -You are not playing slow enough if one hand has to wait for the other. When you play hands together slowly, the tempo must be such that everything remains in proportion to one another: half notes t
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts My piano variation to Batman begins(movie) score by hag01 @ Yesterday at 09:34 AM

Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need a new direction by johan d @ Yesterday at 09:32 AM

Originally Posted By Charles Cohenn the same wavelength as Heather's suggestion, but probably more advanced (that is, you'll want "intermediate" skills): Tim Richards, "Improvising Blues Piano" Do you prefer this above Mark Levine
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ Yesterday at 09:30 AM

Come on in Trevor the water's fine Welcome to our little group. Figured I'd record the 14th Melody by Le Couppey and get that out of the way for the time being. It's not polished especially the middle and the bars leading out I messed up on. Can
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I have seen one of these pianos carried around the streets with church groups for accompanying hymns on street corners. If it were solely for that purpose, it's quite conceivable that dampers were found unnecessary for outdoor use. I note that the
Jump to new posts Re: I bought new DP last week(Yamaha CP4) and played it. by David Farley @ Yesterday at 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddThis was shot on a Panasonic LX-100 4k camera. But on my laptop speakers I am having a hard time hearing if we are listening to sound of the CP4 through the Yamaha monitors in the room, or if it's going direct to came
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Rooms: Steinway Uprights vs. Cheaper Grands by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 09:24 AM

Bassano, Are you a piano major? Are you saying piano majors at your school will no longer have access to grand pianos for daily practice? If it were true, it smells like a decision made by administrators who didn't consult with their piano faculty
Jump to new posts Re: Is there such thing like a "pianoteq" standalone device? by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By toddyWhy would Pianoteq Stage for the ipad be sold at only half the amount it costs for Windows or Mac OS X? It makes no sense why this is true from the developers point of view. It's not any easier to code for iOS than for Ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need a new direction by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

You've got a fine username, and that seems like a good start!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By Markarian...Still haven't had a chance to even see an Estonia in person... This was my experience for quite a while. We were even planning to look for them while traveling. Then, my husband happened to make a call just as one
Jump to new posts Re: A real harpsichord keyboard with midi: advice needed! by David_in_Japan @ Yesterday at 09:10 AM

Right, Dewster: I don't think big companies would be interested, either. No matter: I want to first make one for myself, then see how well it works, then consider how to maybe make more to sell. As far as the keyboard is concerned, I would get a pro
Why would Pianoteq Stage for the ipad be sold at only half the amount it costs for Windows or Mac OS X?
Of course all analogies break down - eventually. However they are often useful in the abstract. I *DO* understand what many are saying here and I think we may be talking past each other. I am merely saying that not ALL artifacts of wooden pianos nee
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Question about my level by ster100 @ Yesterday at 09:03 AM

When i ask something in this forum, its handy that you all know my level in playing piano. What to do? Is it an idea to post a few pages of my sheetmusic (that I exercise) in this forum?. So you know my level? For example in my profile?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: James Booker Transcription Project by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 08:58 AM

I'm in - interested to see how you got on, it's not easy!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need a new direction by Norm Deplume @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By Charles Cohenn the same wavelength as Heather's suggestion, but probably more advanced (that is, you'll want "intermediate" skills): Tim Richards, "Improvising Blues Piano" . Charles Thanks, I'll chec
I'm bumping this thread as with the increased specs of iOS devices, use of InterApp audio (and my experience of using programs such as iGrand Piano very smoothly with iRig 2 MIDI interface, I'm surprised they haven't released a basic version of Piano
Page 17 of 37 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 36 37 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland RD-700GX ivory key wear
by AlexanderLee
03/05/15 03:03 AM
Opened up my Chickering Brothers Grand
by pianoman9
03/05/15 02:45 AM
the best piano music
by mery
03/05/15 02:17 AM
pianodisc?
by JustHarmony
03/04/15 10:52 PM
Pianodisc, Disklavier...
by JustHarmony
03/04/15 09:49 PM
Forum Stats
78,392 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,091 Topics
2,379,904 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission