Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: DoelKeesOriginally Posted By: A443DoelKees, is your sample recorded on a piano with one of those straight bridge pins layouts? I listened to the file again in a very quiet space an noticed the decay shape has a unique morphology
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Too ashamed of lack of progress to go back for lessons by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 03:00 PM

Have you considered the possibility of remote lessons? (via Skype or other video conferencing tools) Sure, you may still have a seizure during a remote lesson, but since you are at your own home, it would work out better for yourself and your teache
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

If you check the Piano Buyer archives, there's an article about this you might find interesting. The changes were phased in: my 2008 A was different from my colleague's 2009 B, and the adjustable music desk I've noticed on 2012 models.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn Internet Competition by Hakki @ Yesterday at 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: RonaldSteinwayOriginally Posted By: HakkiAfter reading Mr.Garcia's bio, I was more surprised about his performance. Really I wasn't expecting such a bio. If I knew, I would have expected a much higher level of playing. He got
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by prout @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: A443Originally Posted By: proutYour are assuming that the piano, concert hall, tuner, pianist, and audience were all at a precise temperature equilibrium prior to the tuning and maintaining that same equilibrium throughout the c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Drinking and drug addiction is rife in the classical... by Francisco Scalco @ Yesterday at 02:53 PM

It's a shame seeing people put marijuana and crystal meth "in the same bag" (does this expression exist in english?). Those are very different things, and the first is very present nowadays in music.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn Internet Competition by RonaldSteinway @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: HakkiAfter reading Mr.Garcia's bio, I was more surprised about his performance. Really I wasn't expecting such a bio. If I knew, I would have expected a much higher level of playing. He got his first piano at the age of 17. Th
Pianist Corner
I have to say, I knew this, but I was surprised when I realized how prevalent it is, especially the beta blockers thing. I'm not a performer very often, but the only times I've really been nervous are the first few times I played solo, and when I've
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: ClsscLib8k, eh? I'm impressed. To be truthful, my brain was too dulled by oxygen starvation on the big E to worry about inconsequentials like frostbite (which eventually afflicted a fingertip) or life.....
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new Grand Piano; SoCal Area by tjbron @ Yesterday at 02:41 PM

You guys are making me think I should have bought that new 190 I played a few weeks ago. It was pushing my budget though.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Realistic goals for a 20 year old beginner. by Espen1094 @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

A million thanks for the replys I am the first in my family tree to ever learn an instrument, so I dont think by any means im genetic gifted But music is a big part of my life, and I'm motivated, and that has to count for something? As it happen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Too ashamed of lack of progress to go back for lessons by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

I'm considering not going back for piano lessons, come September. To anyone here who knows a thing or two about who I am and what piano lessons mean to me, that may seem like a radical statement. And I'm here to tell you: yes, for me, it *is* a rad
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

Thanks, 8 Octaves! I'm going to give amplify a try next time.
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by Hakki @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Herr WeissEven if a student spent two years at The North Bennet Steet school in Boston, I doubt he (she) had the opportunity to tune a thousand pianos. It is inconceivable to think that one would start charging only at #1001. H
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FLAT-STRUNG PIANOS by A443 @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

Michael Sayers, many great points. I just wanted to point out that YouTube allows for 192 kbps AAC audio uploads--which is soooooooo much better than CD audio quality. That, from my standpoint, makes CDs obsolete. What beats free, with a better s
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by Herr Weiss @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

Even if a student spent two years at The North Bennet Steet school in Boston, I doubt he (she) had the opportunity to tune a thousand pianos. It is inconceivable to think that one would start charging only at #1001. HW
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn Internet Competition by Hakki @ Yesterday at 02:26 PM

After reading Mr.Garcia's bio, I was more surprised about his performance. Really I wasn't expecting such a bio. If I knew, I would have expected a much higher level of playing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new Grand Piano; SoCal Area by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

I think not
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamps for grand piano (pics?) by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

Here is our Conoco led piano lamp. It fits very well on the music desk and generates ample light. The clamp has two thumb screws, and plenty of padding so the top of the desk is not scratched:
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Lewes Piano lamp by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 02:19 PM

Conoco piano lamp we use on the grand
Pianist Corner
8k, eh? I'm impressed.
Originally Posted By: A443DoelKees, is your sample recorded on a piano with one of those straight bridge pins layouts? I listened to the file again in a very quiet space an noticed the decay shape has a unique morphology--it seems to roll/flip-around
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamps for grand piano (pics?) by pyropaul @ Yesterday at 02:09 PM

Actually Sam, mine doesn't have halogen bulbs, but four 4W refrigerator lamps. I liked the colour of the light as it complimented the colour of my piano more than the blueish white LED light did and it had a more olde worlde feel that better matched
Originally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: DoelKeesOriginally Posted By: A443 ... map falseness over time (i.e., how it speeds-up and slows-down in the sound envelope), it would be helpful in "seeing" what is going on as well as heari
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: noobpianist90Wow. It would be so much easier if people just learned to breathe properly. So many issues like stress, anxiety, etc. solved right there. I breath fine, thanks. But I still get performance anxiety if I play for a
Page 17 of 33 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 32 33 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
168 registered (Allard, accordeur, aesop, ajames, Almaviva, 56 invisible), 1809 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75893 Members
42 Forums
156837 Topics
2304500 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
For Sale: PE-2 PIANO PEDAL EXTENDER
by TakomaRose
08/21/14 02:04 PM
How is this possible?
by kaanguner
08/21/14 02:03 PM
Questions About Piano Magic for Sheet Music Readers
by newbert
08/21/14 01:51 PM
Hammers and action parts selection for Mason and Hamlin
by Lyra
08/21/14 12:46 PM
Looking for SoCal retailers to try an RD-800 or MP7
by Delphian2001
08/21/14 12:19 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission