Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
68 registered (Alan_Dublin, Beachdingo, AZNpiano, 17 invisible), 1097 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmuller GH170R - Update 3 Years Later by Grandman @ 11/21/14 08:04 PM

Jonathan, I'm curious as to why you believe using the same tech is more beneficial than straying. I've heard this before and am interested in understanding the reason for this. Is it because different techs would "mold" the piano's sound
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by shah @ 11/21/14 07:59 PM

I had no problem with the keybed noise. The one that bothered me was the 'clack' sound when the keys return to their original positions. Whenever I depressed and quickly released a key, there was that noise.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Studio Piano Purchase - Opinions Please by MysteryMusic @ 11/21/14 07:58 PM

I am in your area, and given the pianos you have auditioned, I think you have visited all four of the new piano dealers in the area. There are a few other smaller used piano stores, but, at least when I was looking, their inventory of pianos was bia
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning on a digital by keystring @ 11/21/14 07:58 PM

I am curious about this part: Quote:Also, if it is a DP, it should have realistic, progressive pedals, two as a minimum but preferably three. On a digital ON / HALF / OFF isn't good enough, you want an instrument that offers 128 different levels so y
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: harponI haven't seen the carbon fiber shanks- Unless you are engaged in high end piano work or encounter an instrument that has, you aren't likely to. Comparing current CF technology to early attempts in the world of fishing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clean up the mess on the piano by malkin @ 11/21/14 07:49 PM

Have a party, go on a bender, drink all that stuff, recycle the bottles, and get down to business and practice!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have a burglar step on his grand piano? by michaelha @ 11/21/14 07:49 PM

I don't understand why so many people go around without home security. Actually I do, they don't realize you can get a much better deal if you buy the equipment and use a monitoring company that's usually about $9/mo. The sensors are all wireless and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's heart exhumed in secret. by Stubbie @ 11/21/14 07:46 PM

Chopin's heart--is it important? Well, it's not chopped liver.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Oy oy oy by malkin @ 11/21/14 07:46 PM

I've taken a few make up lessons in the evening--after a day of work (6 hours of preschoolers and 2 hours of planning and paperwork) followed by a couple hours with a private client who is an adolescent boy with autism. Maybe because I am so tired a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Booked a Trial Lesson by Stubbie @ 11/21/14 07:43 PM

Best wishes on your new teacher, Ohio Mark. What decided you on going with this particular teacher?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Need help identifying Young Chang grand by electone2007 @ 11/21/14 07:42 PM

Hi! I would like to know if this 7 ft Young Grand is one of the Del Fandrich design or not. Pardon me as this picture is the only information I could provide at the moment. I may come up with more info and maybe the serial number in the coming days.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Stubbie @ 11/21/14 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SwissMSHah! Thanks jotur! I am glad I motivated you to practice. Sometime you just have to do it! I had my last lesson before my exam tonight and I was unusually nervous. The scales and arpeggios were far from perfect. So, nat
Pianist Corner
Every so often I read a post that reminds me how great this forum can be. Thanks Jonathan. That was one. Larry.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by earlofmar @ 11/21/14 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: JimF 28. earlofmar - Gnossienne No.1 I love the sound of this piece, earlofmar. So dramatic and interesting. Am I right this is a digital? Would love to hear you play this on acoustic where I think your dynamics would really shi
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Andy PlattOriginally Posted By: OklabeccaThis was what decided me. I imagine a lot of schools have similar requirements and that many people would think this was reasonable. But I haven't been 12 years old for quite some time no
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fairyland in Treble - duets by ChrisKeys @ 11/21/14 07:34 PM

Nikolas, I have no idea what other composer you are referring to in that third piece. But it's really nice! Thanks for posting it. Looking forward to the others as they "leak" out!
Adult Beginners Forum
Sweet! I've wondered a few times what my teacher would think if I showed up to a lesson wearing cycling kit.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ 11/21/14 07:28 PM

malkin my bike is on the left. It is an aluminium Scott road bike (USA) and I love it. A big step up from the heavy bikes of old.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Anyone have a burglar step on his grand piano? by swampwiz @ 11/21/14 07:16 PM

I was away for many months, and when I got I home, I discovered that burglars had broken the window next to my grand piano and then one of them walked through the window, STEPPING on the piano, with a shoeprint right there on the top. The burg
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach WTC: Good Editions? by AZNpiano @ 11/21/14 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: DaveInJapan Is there something in particular about the Baerenreiter edition of WTC that is preferable to Henle? I like the layout of Barenreiter books. Henle does a good job with the WTC, though. I've been using Henle for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for a returner by 8 Octaves @ 11/21/14 07:09 PM

The biggest difference between taking lessons as a child and an adult is that as a child, the teacher was found for you, and you did what you were told. As an adult, you are responsible for finding your own teacher, and finding a teacher that would
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's heart exhumed in secret. by malkin @ 11/21/14 07:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfrf-ktizVU Take my heart...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping cats away from piano? by Frankni @ 11/21/14 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: chopin_r_usDid you know cats were the real reason victorian ladies covered their piano legs? Nothing new under the sun etc. Their "piano legs"? I am not sure that that is a decent way to describe the legs of Victo
Adult Beginners Forum
Where's your bike?
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Johan BBennevis, Quote your signature "I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life." I
Page 17 of 30 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29 30 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Antique Piano
by NeoNeo78
11/23/14 03:29 AM
Hammer felt repairs. Advice Please
by Beachdingo
11/23/14 02:12 AM
Keyframe corner rounded at una corda spring contact
by sopranojam85
11/23/14 12:04 AM
Yamaha Grantouch GT 10
by Valhalun
11/22/14 11:55 PM
Hamelin plays Gershwin
by beet31425
11/22/14 11:02 PM
Forum Stats
77013 Members
42 Forums
159281 Topics
2339827 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission