Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
113 registered (ABC Vermonter, AndyP, Anne H, Alux, ando, 36251, 25 invisible), 1478 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: kawai model SA-8E upright by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

"Contact the PW poster "Kawaidon". He is the technical services manager for Kawai USA.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
And he shipped his Steinway A cross country.
I can count a handful I can put my trust in.. same for my colleagues, one of whom is agonizing over awful work done on his magnificent Steinway.
Mr. Silverwood Pianos I have a magnificent tech doing quality work. That has been accomplished despite your insecurities.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: kawai model SA-8E upright by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Not a lot of info out there at all. What I could was in Japanese, translated: KAWAI SA8E rare high-end piano KAWAI SA-8E (kawaii) Origin: Hamamatsu Height: 132 Weight: 310KG pedal: Original 3 pedals Features: KAWAI imitation piano design, sound
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The New custom-modded VPC1 by RavenworksDesign! by CouchPotatoJr @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

@dewster - simple 2 lever dp? no escapement? for someone who doesn't know what their talking about you sure have a lot of negative comments in this thread. this is the first controller of its kind thats even capable of undergoing the same type of re
Originally Posted By: thestarI recently bought a used Kawai K2 and am planning to have a Dampp Chaser system installed in it as early as next week. The Kawai rep I spoke to strongly recommended that I have an undercover installed along with it; he sa
Originally Posted By: JoeTheProOriginally Posted By: Gerry Johnston"Joe the Pro". So, are you a professional technician? If yes, then you need to invest in some additional training. If no, you would be better off calling a tech. Replacing k
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problems with the forum by Johan B @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Peter071I do not know where I should post this or where I can report problems. Since a few days I have big problems with the forum. On the laptop is very slow and it takes minutes to open a forum or message. On the iPad it doe
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Allegro con spirito - piano solo by Pukino777 @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

Hallo to everybody, another small contribution from me;
Just to clarify..."undercovers" are what are put on grand pianos. "back covers" are for uprights. I agree that the back cover is a benefit. The goal is controlling the moisture content of the soundboard and bridges, so anything t
Jump to new posts Re: How to determine felt thickness without specifications? by Gerry Johnston @ Yesterday at 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: JoeTheProOriginally Posted By: Gerry Johnston"Joe the Pro". So, are you a professional technician? If yes, then you need to invest in some additional training. If no, you would be better off calling a tech. Replacing k
I recently bought a used Kawai K2 and am planning to have a Dampp Chaser system installed in it as early as next week. The Kawai rep I spoke to strongly recommended that I have a back cover installed along with it; he said it would reduce how hard th
Fascinating thread! This is one of the greatest things about this forum is when pianists and technicians have meaningful exchanges. I applaud both Shirley and Israel along with the other comments of technicians on this thread who have contributed to
Jump to new posts Re: The friction, blubbering, and lost motion are eradicated! by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 03:54 PM

Music32 I would appreciate a clarification from you regarding your use of the term "unauthorized" regarding past work done on your pianos. It is not at all clear what you mean.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent need of help to learn Songs by Hugh Sung @ Yesterday at 03:54 PM

Here's the tutorial on "How Great Is Our God" by Chris Tomlin, Jesse Reeves, and Ed Cash. I go over the basic chord progressions and add in the intro that Chris Tomlin plays in one of his live videos as a bonus.
Jump to new posts Re: mp11 by mike2014 @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

I think there are differences in sound with some of the notes, but it is not my intention to be too critical of the MP11, but to find out whether anybody has experience of using the Galaxy Vintage Steinway D sample.
Originally Posted By: Silverwood PianosOriginally Posted By: rxdMany I turned down during the initial phone call. I recognise situations like this immediately as I did with this particular post. It is not at all an unusual situation. From the first,
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by malkin @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

The "better with every repetition" part is what I like. If what I am working on isn't getting better, then I am trying to do too big of a chunk or my mind is elsewhere or both.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent need of help to learn Songs by Hugh Sung @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

As promised, here is the tutorial for "Victor's Crown" by Darlene Zschech, Israel Houghton and Kari Jobe. This covers how to comp the song with an overview of the chord progressions and rhythmic analysis.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: forum extremely slow? by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoIt is dramaticly slow. . . . "dramatically" . . .
Jump to new posts Re: 5 adjacent dead keys by CouchPotatoJr @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

That's a very old dp and most of the parts for it are discontinued. it was nice in its day but you should consider looking for something new at this point. A new casio privia is cheaper at full price today then your technics was when new. and much
Jump to new posts Re: The friction, blubbering, and lost motion are eradicated! by Silverwood Pianos @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: rxdMany I turned down during the initial phone call. I recognise situations like this immediately as I did with this particular post. It is not at all an unusual situation. From the first, I sensed something weird about this po
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft by VI Labs… First Look and Sound by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

The Ravenscroft is a distinctive sound and the library is well sampled. You have to decide if it’s a sound which suits you. Galaxy’s Vintage D is a very popular library as is Ivory II American (another Steinway D). All these libraries have undamp
Take a look at the Spurlock website, somewhere on there he explains how to select the right thickness.
Page 17 of 27 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bottom of hammer hitting top of damper on upright
by JoeThePro
12/21/14 10:09 PM
Getting better
by Kekewak
12/21/14 07:35 PM
Pearl River vs. Samick
by Zekk
12/21/14 03:41 PM
Kawai vs. Yamaha: what to choose
by SeeSharp
12/21/14 02:19 PM
Disklavier Pro Alternatives? C5X Value for money?
by bryan77
12/21/14 01:15 PM
Forum Stats
77390 Members
42 Forums
160047 Topics
2350302 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission