Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

OK, as planned I didn't play piano on Saturday the 30th. But yesterday we arrived in FL and after we had unpacked both cars and the trailer, I went straight to the piano. I missed my baby!
Pianist Corner
While I would not say that MM=140 bpm is too fast, I certainly consider it slightly on the fast side of a desirable performance tempo, particularly when you write "at least", unless your technique can handle that tempo flawlessly. Even wh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 01:41 PM

Well, I wasn't sure if $800 per hour was an actual quote, or an exaggeration. I'd pay someone $100-$120/hour if they were awesome at teaching and performing, but I've certainly paid that and gotten much, much less for my money (big disappointment) an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan by fnork @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

My source, who happens to be an ex-Babayan student, says that he does NOT charge 800. He does charge a high sum still, but that is also due to the expensive rent of his NY studio - taking a lesson in Cleveland should be cheaper. And I might add that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: Michael SayersI've never before or since heard a pianist (other than myself ) make the copper coils of a N.Y. Steinway D rattle like that - Um, it sounds like something was wrong with the pi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by That Tooner @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Andy, I know exactly what you are talking about and have experienced it quite a few times. A443, you can come if you'd like, but you will have to go through a background check, just like Mr. Bremmer did.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by Allard @ Yesterday at 01:26 PM

This is an older recording that I couldn't use for an earlier recital because of one glaring issue (or rather, ten glaring issues), but I also really like the piece... Edit for Wouter: http://youtu.be/ZYvpG0aDApk
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Tim AdriansonHi, Morodiene -- thanks for responding! No, as charming as the French Suite #5 is, I'm leaning toward "Pagodes"; and the reason is that there are already four other French Suites on the "masterlist&
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Upright by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

My main concern about the Baldwin console is that it hasn't been tuned in eight years which means it hasn't had any professional attention in at least that length of time. If you are leaning towards it, I would suggest that you have a technician che
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by peterws @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. Note: I have tried to separate out multi-movement works where possib
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: sophialWhile it might seem like frivolous frittering and frippery, if I were Schimmel I'd be a little concerned about the response to the brand name of "Fridolin". It's almost as if we just had an informal focus group
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert Impromptu Op. 90 No. 4 in Ab - technique question by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 01:15 PM

Ghost(non sounding)notes are a problem for many amateurs including me. What helps me most is a suggestion of the pedagogue W.Palmer. He says that many amateurs tend to play with less than firm fingers when trying to play very softly. This makes it ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I seek exercises for piano by keystring @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

Richard, good post and good points.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Kawai MP6 and settings via MIDI by Lania @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

Hello every one. I'm since a few days the happy owner of a Kawai MP6. I know: why not MP7? Because, at first, I wanted to get the VPC1. But I hate working with soft synths... So, the MP7 was my next choice. The issue there is that I do not like the
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help! by Maarkr @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

was this it...not exactly as you described. http://www.scribd.com/doc/21981268/Must-Have-Blues-Piano-Licks or http://www.scribd.com/doc/131354491/100-Ultimate-Blues-Riffs-for-Piano-Keyboards looks good, but u have to be a member to dl it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersI've never before or since heard a pianist (other than myself ) make the copper coils of a N.Y. Steinway D rattle like that - Um, it sounds like something was wrong with the piano? Maybe get the strings replac
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 01:07 PM

Hi, Morodiene -- thanks for responding! No, as charming as the French Suite #5 is, I'm leaning toward "Pagodes"; and the reason is that there are already four other French Suites on the "masterlist", and I think the Debussy is m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

I hope *somebody* does the French Suite, No. 5! It's such an excellent piece of music! As for me, I would like to "officially" add Handel's Keyboard Suite No. 5 to the list. I do believe it will be ready in time. (Question about Corr
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Cromatic lead in Elton John song by Maarkr @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

just a noob, but maybe C#/F, D#/G, C/G doesn't sound bad anywho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I seek exercises for piano by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: BennOriginally Posted By: zrtf90 (And I would never use Hanon for scales.) I wasn't aware that the scale of C major (or any other key)was any different in Hanon's book than elsewhere. I don't quite understand. What's the di
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Piano Pro - Hot Tips and Mini Lessons by Pete the bean @ Yesterday at 12:58 PM

Mark: I tried to send you a private message but you are over your limit. Here is a link to the chart: http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtdFPE.asp?ppn=MN0117143 If you can transpose it before you buy, take it up an octave. Here is the intro li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Different Keys Without Playing Scales by Greener @ Yesterday at 12:55 PM

Did you need to really practice and know a C major scale well, in order to play a piece written in C? No. Same applies to all other keys. Follow the score if you read, or follow the lead sheet and improvise if you read chords, or learn it all by ea
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in method books. by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

Hi, Chris, great topic. Real dilemmas. In my experience, parents are generally respectful and supportive of whatever we are trying to do, and at whatever rate of learning speed. One thought is that it doesn't hurt to mix things up. Go ahead and assig
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet setup for ultra portable rig by Sand Tiger @ Yesterday at 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Scott HamlinI have a CME X-KEY 25 and I love it.. but not for playing piano pieces. It is ideal for working on chords, progressions and melodies, light composing. With polyphonic aftertouch, it is great for sound design work as
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 12:52 PM

So, Lucas, I was thinking about "advice," and because I know you are incredibly adept and intelligent, I hesitate to offer any, especially because part of me believes that we are all right where we should be at the moment, "stewing&quo
Page 17 of 35 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34 35 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
143 registered (ajames, accordeur, 49 invisible), 1522 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157235 Topics
2309380 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Newbie - Equipment Help
by CuddlyDuddly
31 minutes 10 seconds ago
Player Piano Bellows Question
by UnrightTooner
Today at 09:40 AM
do you memorize a piece when you learn to play it?
by Peter071
Today at 06:13 AM
Which classical (piano) music may I like?
by Stefo
Today at 05:50 AM
When to compose?
by noobpianist90
Today at 04:16 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission