Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Sax to piano by JazzMD @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Hey guys, I just started focusing on jazz piano... I played jazz sax for many years so I have a decent understanding of theory as was comfortable improvising on the sax. I had worked through a good portion of the Jazz Theory book, did some transcri
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by AnimistFvR @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

I like Roland. I really do. But their piano sound... it sounds good ! It does. It can sound amazing. But it.. it doesn't sound as good to me as a VST, Kawai, or Yamaha does.. THAT IS JUST ME. Just my ears. It may sound stupid, but that is just how I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can 70% Isopropyl Alcohol Re-expand Bushing Felts? by A454.7 @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Paul678, the fastest/easiest is to turn the pin. It may not be the 'right' thing to do long-term, but there are many concert techs out there that will do this adjustment right before a concert...because it works, it solves the problem, and more impor
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: toddyAnimist said: As for Roland's sound, apparently "Pianoteq" has that covered. This is not remotely the case. Right... they are similar in employing modeling, but to say that all modeled pianos are the same is
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II American D tuned? hammers by Pete14 @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: dire tonicOriginally Posted By: Pete14The ultimate library will only be possible when sampled pianos offer the possibility of fine tuning most aspects of the sound on a note-by-note basis; a la Pianoteq. Some might prefer the so
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway officially relocates flagship store. by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Jonathan Baker(these apartments selling for up to $100 a piece... At that price, I would buy the whole building!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: string wrap ratios by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

That strings are more likely to break as the percentage of breaking strength rises was discussed here.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By: dire tonicOriginally Posted By: toddy I understand wanting to be able to get a sound immediately without having to rely on a computer and interfaces. In that case, Kawai VPC1 may not be suitable. I mentioned this above. With la
Piano Forum
Hi Sam, The Yamaha GB1K is made in Indonesia, and I think the GC1 and GC2 are as well. The Kawai GE and GM are also Indonesian. They're made in factories owned by Yamaha and Kawai respectively. They're not necessarily 'low quality' pianos, it's ju
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping a piano in a covered veranda? by Jeff Clef @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

Just don't! It is not so unusual that, in contemporary houses, in order for a piano to have a suitable place, something else has to go. For me, at first it was the big couch; now, it's the bookcases so there's room for the surround speakers. But, I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning Jazz - Recommendations by jjo @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

Jimf is right; you want the C books which are in concert. The others are for saxes and trumpets. Your links to the Sher New Real Book and the original Real Books are correct. Here are the plusses and minuses of each. The New Real Book versions ar
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by toddy @ Yesterday at 10:49 AM

Animist said: As for Roland's sound, apparently "Pianoteq" has that covered. This is not remotely the case. Roland's Concert Grand is much more substantial and of a warmer colour than the pianos I've tried in PianoTeq. Even the PT Bluthn
Jump to new posts Still having problems with my Kawai ES7 by musicman100 @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

Hi, I have still got the problem with my F3 note which gets very distorted and goes in to overdrive when I use the sustain pedal. Does anyone else have the same problem on their ES7?? Have a look at this thread here which describes the problem
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by AnimistFvR @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

Quote:Here's a question for you: Do you currently own any MIDI keyboard whatsoever? If so, and knowing that you ultimately want the VST option no matter what, you could buy a VST (or in some cases, even download free trials) and try configuring your
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha CP1 & CP5 action = major letdown, NOT WORTH I by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

A zombie thread for Halloween! But I will add... Originally Posted By: EddieT the nature of the CP-5 (and probably CP-1) is for use as a stage piano including replicating EPs not just APs. The keys aren't wooden grand piano style keys, they are pla
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway officially relocates flagship store. by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

The overwhelming bulk of the piano industry still caters to the middle class. However, I acknowledge that the interior decorators of billionaire's apartments need props for flower vases, and for that a Steinway will do just fine.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by AnimistFvR @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

With what has been told to me, MULTIPLE times, about how regular DP sound will never match up to VSTis. Maybe if I stop worrying about how the piano sounds naturally, and just get some good VSTis, I'll be set. The RD-800 can sound amazing, and has ma
I own a CP-80 and the action is a real grand piano action, albeit the hammers are smaller and are made of rubber covered with buckskin. I find the weight of the action absolutely great across the keyboard. The keys are about 12" long overall an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Quick question on zoom recorders by Pover @ Yesterday at 10:20 AM

Sorry for bringing this thread back, but I have a couple of simple questions. I got the Zoom H4n a couple of days ago and I'm experimenting a bit with it. But I know most of you are much more experienced with this kind of stuff than I am, so I thoug
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By: CinnamonbearOriginally Posted By: Pathbreaker[...] I just need the family to get out of the house again and leave me alone. Give them some money to go out for dinner and a movie. That's what I usually do... Oh, and suggest
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by toddy @ Yesterday at 10:17 AM

dire tonic, OK - I was pretty sure you'd referred to the speakers before. However, given the meanderous nature of this particular thread, I thought it might be easier just to state it again here. The HS7 speakers I have are great, though limited in
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: dire tonicIf you mean close the lid, no, I don't think any laptop will stay active with the lid down. I think virtually all laptops have an option to let you do this. A common reason to do this is when using a laptop at you pri
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II American D tuned? hammers by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 10:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Miki Skuta It is quiet interessant if you start to "play" with the Timbre Shift knob it shifts the above mentioned problems higher or lower.... I have my timbre shift at "1" and I find it helps in general. A
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advanced Rudiments Exam vs. Vandendool text by pianist_lady @ Yesterday at 10:12 AM

I agree with keystring's assessment. I'd recommend using the texts by Mark Sarnecki instead. My students have all prepared with these books and the exercises seem to correspond well to the types of questions asked on the RCM exams (you can get the sa
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales and arpeggios by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

Frito, it may depend upon at what approximate level you are playing, as well as your intentions - if playing the piano is a casual hobby involving 30 minutes practice four times a week then there may be no point in pushing the matter of scales, but f
Page 18 of 30 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 30 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pricing and discounts on under $1000 digital pianos?
by MeghanM
10/31/14 03:51 PM
now THIS is how you get realistic organ sounds
by David Farley
10/31/14 03:43 PM
The power of music
by Calgary Mike
10/31/14 03:03 PM
Minimum Room Size for a Yamaha u1/u3 ?
by calca
10/31/14 02:29 PM
Any recommendation for a non-creaky sounding piano bench
by music32
10/31/14 02:13 PM
Who's Online
169 registered (accordeur, ajames, Alfonser, 36251, 43 invisible), 1785 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76720 Members
42 Forums
158643 Topics
2329887 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission