Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
158 registered (AllanH, ajames, Alexander Borro, aileen529, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1780 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by michaelha @ Yesterday at 12:44 PM

Kawai/Shigeru made a change in their newer models to lighten up the action by making the key sticks longer. The new Shigeru models have an "L" at the end, SK-5L for example and they changed the series to GX for Kawai. I recently played a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers who refuse to take "beginner" adults by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By SmileyMSo I emailed the original teacher who had turned me down over the phone. In the email, I described my background and included a few links to practice videos I'd made of my own playing. I then asked her to evaluate my playi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A revelation on uprights by joe80 @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

I didn't say I wasn't familiar with the repetition mechanism for a grand. Of course I'm familiar with the repetition mechanism for the grand. What I meant to say is that I'm not sure how a technician gets an upright mechanism to repeat quickly when
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult tutor books by bennevis @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By keystring We're a mixed up lot, over here. We're the platypus that can't decide if it's an otter or a duck. If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck......it's not a duck unless it says so . So, in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A revelation on uprights by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By joe80Yes, but they were properly regulated. But I think very few non techs(me included)can know if a piano is regulated to its maximum potential, especially since you have previously said you were not familiar with some very basi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Group lessons by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 12:33 PM

Sounds to me like it was a rousing success. Carry on!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers who refuse to take "beginner" adults by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

One thing that I failed to mention about our teacher search, is that only one of our potential teachers insisted on a face-to-face interview with me and my wife in her home, before even starting the discussion of taking lessons from her. Well, we we
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers who refuse to take "beginner" adults by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By SmileyMShe was very easy going and we discussed the techniques she uses to teach piano. Though I liked her personality, I could not commit yet since I am interested in learning more about different teaching technique and methodol
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Which Controller? by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

Doepfer PK-88. Only basic MIDI but designed specifically for your purpose, i.e., controlling piano software. Decent quality fully weighted hammer action keys. It's built into a flightcase which is another feature that appeals to some people. If you
Jump to new posts Re: Still unsure on the used digital pianos... by Kaiketsu @ Yesterday at 12:28 PM

I did check the CLP-230 in person and it was in good shape, but it sounded pretty... synthetic. Can't put my finger on it, the last three keys sounded weird too. Like hitting an empty tin can with a finger. Is that normal? Decided not to buy it, at l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Moonsh1ne @ Yesterday at 12:25 PM

If this is turning into "why I won't complete 40 pieces this year" thread, I can add my 2 cents Commute is 1.5 hours each way and we have 4 little kids at home. Piano time is either 5-10 minutes before running out the door in the morning,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flea market serendipty - back to piano! by Tuneless @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

I love collecting used things because you can't just go to a retail store and buy them, as many are not being made any more. There is so much variety and so many surprises.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by turandot @ Yesterday at 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By ChrisVenables Petrof sales in US since 2000 have plummeted - at that time the US accounted for 60% of Petrof's production. Petrof's consolidation of its European network and expansion into the emerging markets of Russia, Japan,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Who wants to play Impromtu ? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By ster100Oh oke, I would like to hear it of players who are not at the top. On youtube I see only professional players. Players who excercise for few years. For what purpose? I suspect you are wanting to compare your playing wit
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Zeroing in on the Pitch by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

Here's a nice Kawai RX-5 on a stage this morning. https://youtu.be/2qQJF6ilsDQ
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult tutor books by keystring @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By currawongin fact I'd hardly heard the term "method book" at all until I came to PW. Same here . I've had to, er, modify my English since coming on PW. No hemidemisemiquavers, just some
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiBear in mind that the music desk may be vibrating from pedalling, thus the quivering foam. I've seen concert pianists with Bs and Ds at home close the lid completely and put the music desk atop the flap draped with a cl
Piano Forum
Simply play with the lid DOWN. The overall volume will be reduced significantly, and your ears will probably be fine. As the owner of a M&H BB I know whereof I speak.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: JS Bach little prelude in C minor by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:04 PM

The link to the BWV 999 Prelude is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRSCKr8Pv_o I can hear your emotional engagement with the music. Maybe the accent on some of the notes following the r.h. top line melody notes is more than what is wanted
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By andoPeople who love the Shigerus love this action because it offers great dynamic control and it's very durable and consistent due to the use of carbon fibre action components. I love it in theory, but for me it's a little too he
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Group lessons by Overexposed @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

Begin by defining your goals for group, time frame involved and a description of your student groups. Also describe particular issues needing resolution and then you might have some responses. Good luck.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers who refuse to take "beginner" adults by SmileyM @ Yesterday at 11:59 AM

Wow, this thread has gotten crazy long! I just thought I'd update everyone on my meeting with one of the teachers who took adult "beginner" students. When I arrived and showed her a practice video of a piece I worked on last year, she was
Jump to new posts Re: Which Controller? by Kbeaumont @ Yesterday at 11:57 AM

There is also the M-Audio Keystation 88 ($199) but I don't like the key feel. And I have had reliability issues with M-Audio stuff, its nowhere near the quality of the Nektar. There is also the Alesis Q88 ($199) but it lacks transport controls and is
Piano Forum
Thank you for your information. This is a great help. I have the *regular price* of the dealer and the *sale price*. But, really, I don't know what a fair street price is. I want to make sure that I make an offer that is fair and respectable for bo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Who wants to play Impromtu ? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By careyOriginally Posted By ster100Who wants to play Impromtu (Franz Schubert) D935 opus 142 No.3 You only have to play the intro, till minute 1.25 (see link for example) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS27GLP5Pb4 OK - for
Page 18 of 30 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is $7900 a good price for a 1998 Baldwin M?
by Cerecita
04/21/15 12:27 PM
Advice about buying a 1971 5’8 Yamaha G2 sold by Story & Clark
by sbweldon
04/21/15 12:11 PM
Beethoven Sonata Op.79
by Works1
04/21/15 11:14 AM
Please help - new Steinway B
by chasingrainbows
04/21/15 10:58 AM
I am searching for the name of a villain piano theme
by Servus
04/21/15 10:44 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,977 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,412 Topics
2,398,270 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission