Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Rickster @ Yesterday at 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By: turandotI'd be interested in Rickster's answer. I understand he has quite a piano portfolio. Not sure I have a good answer, turnadot... All my pianos were basically projects and were not in the best of shape when I got the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by Sam S @ Yesterday at 07:57 AM

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I've made it to Andover, Maine. I'm a little tired (really?), so will take my second zero day (no hiking). I updated the trail journal. I miss my piano! Sam
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Viennese vs sustain vs DOA tuned unisons and temperament by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:52 AM

Thanks for posting those recordings Kees. I could not hear any difference between the DOA and the sustain unison. The coloured unison was just out of tune IMHO with a clear beat. In an actual piano, phase matching must also be a consideration.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 vs CA95 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:51 AM

Congrats Mark! Thank you for sharing your initial thoughts about the MP11. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Well, I did it again... by rnaple @ Yesterday at 07:50 AM

Originally Posted By: RicksterFor some reason I feel like I rescued the poor thing... Rick..... You're starting to sound like one of those guys in Utah, talking about his wives. Yes, the tricky part is introducing them slowly.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance for Publishing by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 07:45 AM

Hi Daschund, If you only want to share the music and make it available there is http://www.free-scores.com/index_uk.php3 - the website gets permission to host and distribute the music freely for as long as you keep it there, and you can take away th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 07:44 AM

Had a great trip to Seattle for my niece's wedding and some sister time. While we were there we were at the Seattle Center (by the space needle) and found a grand piano outside as part of the art. It was painted a sky blue with images of various Wa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Marc-André Hamelin discusses Rachmaninoff by Hank Drake @ Yesterday at 07:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Dwscamel EDIT: there was also a famous comment, not mentioned, by some critic whose name escapes me that Rach's music is the kind that 'any pianist could come up with sitting in his backyard'. Not sure how many would say that no
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Well, I did it again... by Rickster @ Yesterday at 07:41 AM

Originally Posted By: jdwHow does it get along with your other pianos? Is this like pets, where you have to introduce them to each other slowly...? Ah yes, a good question. The new (to me) R is in the same music room with my C7. The C7 is the qu
Jump to new posts Re: Viennese vs sustain vs DOA tuned unisons and temperament by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:39 AM

I don't believe ETDs can measure to the accuracy some of you are claiming. They only measure the frequency of one partial and no two strings have the exact same inharmonicity. I have experienced the effect of clean versus coloured unisons, but the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: casinitaly! Many happy returns of the day! by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 07:38 AM

Cas...sounds like your day was splendid and I'm wishing you more of the same during your birthday week. Might as well expand the celebration.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!! by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 07:36 AM

May your special day be rich with love, insight and music.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGX650 - looking for an alternative! Need advice by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: KariniozaNow I am looking at the review for the Yamaha P105 and they classify the keyboard as Medium Weighted. What review? There is no industry-wide use of the phrase "medium weighted" so that is something the revi
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by miltonx @ Yesterday at 07:23 AM

A443, that's a lot of knowledge! Amazing pro stuff! I neglected the hold part considering it very transient and insignificant for piano tone. Your advice about flattening the hammer shows it does matter. I will tinker and see the effect. BTW, as pr
Jump to new posts Re: Tight Key ?? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:22 AM

I agree with Rafael. We always lift the keys way beyond that hieght to remove them completely from the key bed to do different things like clean under the keys, add or remove punchings, etc. It does not damage the key. Also, we lift the key to chec
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:20 AM

I've probably mentioned before that I give a monthly recital for colleagues & acquaintances, playing on an ancient 85-key 6-foot C.Bechstein (c 1900). It has a lighter action than my V-Piano, as well as shallower key dip than modern pianos. Onc
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Jon PageUntil Ron Koval's temperaments surfaced, to introduce someone to WT's you'd use either the Moore or Broadwood's Best. That's funny. I'm sure there's been another guy here who developed his own mild WT!
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by peterws @ Yesterday at 07:14 AM

Interesting. Seems to me that DP makers have the ideal opportunity to vastly exceed quality of their actions way beyond that which is achievable on an acoustic due to practical considerations regarding their operation.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by peterws @ Yesterday at 07:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr Super-HunkyOriginally Posted By: TrapperJohnOriginally Posted By: Mr Super-HunkyWell I've been on 25'-30'scaffolding for the past 3 months staining the lodge with oil. I can't even begin to tell you how sick of smelling li
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Well, I did it again... by jdw @ Yesterday at 07:02 AM

Looks beautiful, congratulations! A younger and fancier version of the piano I have--I'm sure you'll love it! How does it get along with your other pianos? Is this like pets, where you have to introduce them to each other slowly...?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by Jayden @ Yesterday at 06:53 AM

Originally Posted By: AllardOriginally Posted By: JaydenI chose To Zanarkand myself. Might be nice to hear both of our versions. I skipped the 4 bars near the end though, as, while I could play it, I couldn't play it well enough yet(imo) so I am subm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich and Prokofiev by bennevis @ Yesterday at 06:44 AM

Composers damning other composers is nothing new. Mozart on Clementi, Brahms on Wagner (and vice versa)...all the way to Boulez's damning of any contemporary composer who wrote tunes .
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Jon Page @ Yesterday at 06:38 AM

Until Ron Koval's temperaments surfaced, to introduce someone to WT's you'd use either the Moore or Broadwood's Best. As 'mild' as these are, they produced some 3rds and 5ths which didn't settle well with my customers. After trying many non-ET's, I e
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by keystring @ Yesterday at 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark R. In answer to the first part: What I have described is what I learnt from my mother (who studied music in Germany), and also from my German speaking teachers here in South Africa. You are welcome to cross-check this, fo
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by keystring @ Yesterday at 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: GadzarFor what I understand, "Perfect" is a reminiscence of the old days, when it was used for intervals in fact pure, beatless, perfectly harmonious. Today, the word "perfect" is used only to differentiate
Page 18 of 34 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
80 registered (ando, barbaram, aesop, barmassimo, Atrys, 20 invisible), 1166 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156326 Topics
2295905 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
piano technician cost list
by ascc
08/01/14 01:36 AM
Liszt on Steinway A3
by Reno
08/01/14 01:35 AM
Roland RD800 initial impressions
by fizikisto
08/01/14 12:28 AM
Connected Slurs
by TX-Bluebonnet
08/01/14 12:17 AM
Recital 35 --- Call For Submissions
by AB Forum Recital
07/31/14 10:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission