Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
150 registered (Anita Potter, A Guy, alfredo capurso, anamnesis, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1444 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Super Mario Piano Medley - Yamaha CP4 by VikaKim @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

I bought new DP last week(Yamaha CP4) and played it. I recorded some songs and uploaded to my Youtube. It sounds really good to me. What do u think about this CP4 sound?
Piano Forum
As my Father used to say, " wait, there's a better deal around the corner". It used to infuriate me, but it seems that he was usually right. I bought a very nice Yamaha G-7 several years ago that was in tune and held the tune and I only
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the key of your life? by Eldridge @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Please tell me you're kidding. And synesthesia is still generally considered a mental illness, with strong links to schizophrenia.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Short announcement: Sauter pianos by Norbert @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Short announcement: We have now discontinued our relationship with C.Sauter. Reason for this is that we have been importing these fine pianos directly from factory for 25 years, something that is no longer available to us [ or others..] Apparently
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts I bought new DP last week(Yamaha CP4) and played it. by VikaKim @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

I recorded some songs and uploaded to my Youtube. It sounds really good to me. What do u think about this CP4 sound?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By ChopinLives81Originally Posted By BruceDIt may be a little early to start asking what others think of what you are doing with it. I will say, however, that the movement is marked Agitato with several sf. also in the score. It s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Carpet under grand piano by manyhands @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

How About just buying a smaller carpet that goes under the piano but need not be under the legs. others have pictures on file here doing that and seem satisfied.
Pianist Corner
You should do what makes you happy, but in general terms, I can see only two reasons for learning all the nocturnes: 1) You have a recording contract; and/or.: 2) You have a super facile musical memory, the kind that allows a musician to memorize a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to play chords when fingers don't reach? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By MeghanMThanks for the replies. That is very helpful. Should the sound effect of rolling these chords then be distinct from the effect of playing the chords that are specifically marked as arpeggiated? Meaning, I guess, that for
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Lever System by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By TunewerkNegotiating all this NSL stuff becomes completely null and void with the use of the Levitan lever. Why? The lever separates these force components completely, so you can choose when to use either, instead of getting a swa
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGT2A as midi controller? by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

You just need to hunt down the manual or get under it and see if it has stereo aux inputs and midi io. If it does you're good to go with the right laptop and an audio/midi interface. I think it has USB but I suspect it might need a driver, software
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried learning an entire set of pieces? Any tips? by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By wrSince they aren't really a "set", and it's unlikely that Chopin even thought that the ones sharing an opus number should necessarily be performed together, why not do them randomly? I thought about doing them rand
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good way to teach theory? by PamDD @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

I'm playing five-finger patterns--not scales. My apologies. My problem with the metronome has more to do with freezing up with the teacher. I do a fairly decent job at home, but because I'm so tense, I end up spending half the thirty minutes on th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By BosendorffOriginally Posted By FangMy 9 year old told me it is really hard for her to bring the sound out. My 6 year old can’t finish his piece on it... Downweight too high and it won't be fun for your kids. Did you ask the te
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Trevor May @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

I wonder if I too can belatedly join this challenge? I need something to keep me motivated and accountable in my practice. The "problem" is that I'm mostly playing pieces from Musiah at the moment. Is that allowed? Obviously not the Arpeggi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do we know about Shadd Pianos? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

http://www.npr.org/blogs/ablogsupreme/20...no-manufacturer This on NPR, so it must be true.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need a new direction by EM Deeka @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Quote:For the sake of brevity I left out the details of "This point in my life." Right now I have no budget for piano lessons for myself (all our extra money is going into piano for one child and guitar for another), Maybe you shoul
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do we know about Shadd Pianos? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniHmmm... This is the same Warren Shadd who was quoting stars 5 years ago or so about his hybrid pianos and how great they were... when they didn't exist? (The pianos didn't exist. The stars did, of course.) Keith Ke
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Carnaval op.9 "Chopin" . Would like feedback. by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDIt may be a little early to start asking what others think of what you are doing with it. I will say, however, that the movement is marked Agitato with several sf. also in the score. It seems as though you are playing it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By FangMy 9 year old told me it is really hard for her to bring the sound out. My 6 year old can’t finish his piece on it... Downweight too high and it won't be fun for your kids. Did you ask the tech how much will he charge to g
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Priorities by dmd @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

The best thing you can do is do what your teacher asks you to do ... and ... take pride in doing it well. If you do that, you will blossom into a fine pianist. You need not concern yourself with all those other things. That is why you have a teach
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Carnaval op.9 "Chopin" . Would like feedback. by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By Louis PodestaI will say it! Where do you come off, like so many other presenters before you, playing this great piece on a (digital) Yamaha Clavinova CLP-950? The science of acoustics is just that, a science. And, please don't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 07:57 PM

$69 dollars for the car and driver from Nanaimo to Tswassen. Yikes. Another $35 or so if all the kids go. Double yikes! That's one way only. The same again to return. Triple yikes! Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria was my honeymoon 30 years
Jump to new posts Re: A real harpsichord keyboard with midi: advice needed! by David_in_Japan @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

Hi Dewster, You say: "There is a niche market of ancient keyboard emulators that no DP manufacturer seems to be servicing very well at all." Bingo! You are SO right about that. I have written to all major keyboard companies here in Japan
Pianist Corner
It may be a little early to start asking what others think of what you are doing with it. I will say, however, that the movement is marked Agitato with several sf. also in the score. It seems as though you are playing it as a suave and dreamy Noctu
Page 18 of 35 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 34 35 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Computer problems. Problems?
by PhilipInChina
03/04/15 07:06 PM
Full Compass partials picture
by prout
03/04/15 06:30 PM
the best Pianos for Romantic Music
by wjc
03/04/15 05:33 PM
Restore or buy new? Disappointing rebuild...
by Kins
03/04/15 04:13 PM
Can you mimic a soundboard effect on Kawai CA65?
by Sam Sam Sam
03/04/15 03:43 PM
Forum Stats
78,392 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,075 Topics
2,379,752 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission