Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts AMEB Grades by Patonpiano @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

Hey Guys, I have been playing piano for about 3 years and Im now thinking of doing a AMEB exam. However Im not sure what grade to try. I can read music but i cannot sight read. I was wondering if you could have a look at some of my performances an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone working with Fundamental Keys by dmd @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: SheyI like Rachel's book and method but, I think it would have been a big challenge without some basic previous knowledge, so I don't think it would be helpful to a complete beginner, I may be wrong but it gets straight into pra
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyThank you Ret! I do hope that some will take the time to translate it. damnant quod non intellegunt
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Hearing loss by Tango Vic @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

I was considering joining a course to learn piano tuning, but wondered how good my hearing should be. I have learned that I can't hear anything above 5000 Hz. Is that enough to hear beats and whatever has to be perceived to get the tuning job done? W
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

OK, here we go again. A 17 year old student does remarkably well and several people say so, including the person at the tech college who has offered his endorsement of the high school senior to take over the care and maintenance of the pianos at his
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

Thank you Ret! I do hope that some will take the time to translate it.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Confused about modes vs. harmony by gsmonks @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Claude56Speaking of Debussy's Clair De Lune, how did Debussy get away with just playing chords in the left hand? Most piano stuff has a rhythm in the left hand, but Debussy's Clair De Lune doesn't. The rhythm is in the right
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Charles Walter on Craigslist by MaxR @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

Hi. I hope someone can give me some guidance. I have looked at new pianos (yamaha, kawai) but not interested in spending more than $4000 on a piano right now. Plus, I am not sure i like the super shiny black finish of the models I can afford. I h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyMy best suggestion is - Emptor conscii! Yep, that's even better.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "B" Purchase Question by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: A443You'll never know what is going on in the inside with out an independent piano technician checking it out for you. There is no such thing as trusting a reputable dealer in this regard. If you can't see it, or know what to ch
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: If you don't think Liszt is awesome... by Francisco Scalco @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist And here is something else, although this is partly Chopin's doing: I just love that guy. Really, I think he's one for the books.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Confused about modes vs. harmony by gsmonks @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve ChandlerOriginally Posted By: gsmonksOriginally Posted By: Iori FujitaDear gismonks, You should talk about music. Iori Fujita I was. That you missed the point proves Polyphonist's point. I believe it would be more helpf
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Midi on Kawai DPs by bhmpower @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

Thanks again for your replies. I don't think this is anything new as I have an old Alfred's adult piano method book and disk (yes, 3 1/2" disk ) which had the midi files. You can actually see the different channels if you are using any keyboar
In The News
Jump to new posts OFF TO NORTH ISLAND: World's largest piano by Piano World @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

World's largest piano OFF TO NORTH ISLAND: World's largest piano Transporting the world's largest piano on its first North Island trip has been a rewarding challenge for Timaru logistics workers. Piano builder Adrian Mann's 5.7-metre (18.7 feet)
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning the 7th octave by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: AaronMIt seems pretty hard to hear a near perfect unison. Nobody has addressed so I'll make some comments. Tuning treble unisons. The two challenges as I see them are, identifying which string(s) need adjusting, and being a
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Word's Largest Piano by Piano World @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

World's Largest Piano - Australia
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: To Continue or Not To Continue by gsmonks @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: ZPomeroyHow do you know when to continue an idea or scrap it? How do you know when has enough complexities and ideas to pursue it through an entire piece? How do you know what to put your time into? This is all I can think about
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by S. Phillips @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: beethoven986[quote=A443] Last year, a colleague and friend of mine replaced hammers on one of their university Ds (approx 25 years old) with pre-hung S&S hammers and shanks. This tech ultimately had to remove these hammers
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "B" Purchase Question by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Hello PianoDad, When you write that the piano's function would be as a "professional piano" does that imply you are scouting around for an instrument for an institution you are associated with (school, church, etc)? The focus on brand na
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Midi on Kawai DPs by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

Hello Bob, Thank you for the information. I'll pass this on to the R&D team. Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Midi on Kawai DPs by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Interesting. To my knowledge, the MIDI files with the method books only use one MIDI channel for the piano (both hands), so this feature must be something that they've added. My only guess is that they take all the notes below Middle C and make them
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Different Keys Without Playing Scales by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: earlofmar Just my two cents - the fingering encountered in repertoire is probably rarely the same fingering as used in the key scale. This is often used as an argument not to do scales, however by being proficient in all scales
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One note suddenly out of tune by BB Player @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: harpon there may be some elementary reading forums with some qualified professional teachers to guide you in correct reading comprehension.... Please lay off the insults and sarcasm. He clearly said it was advice you were f
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering a change by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Lots of things to consider, and I still have the year to figure it all out. Definitely if I teach at home I will have to rearrange some things, though, to make it more private feeling.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin experts: this is driving me nuts by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: FerdinandMark_C, as you conjectured, the version I am thinking of is completely different. Yes -- I'm not surprised, because I know you're always (yeah, I think literally always) pretty on-target. If you can easily find a reco
Page 18 of 33 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 32 33 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (Abby Pianoman, A Guy, 36251, 49 invisible), 1511 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76039 Members
42 Forums
157220 Topics
2309163 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question about 1975 Steinway L
by mahlers2nd
09/01/14 09:02 PM
Kawai ES7 v1.15 software update - now available
by Kawai James
09/01/14 08:43 PM
Mason & Hamlin's action vs. Kawai's Millennium III action
by ColinDS
09/01/14 08:32 PM
Recognising Slash chords by ear
by Visalia
09/01/14 06:07 PM
Hammer blow distance, dynamic range, controllability
by prout
09/01/14 05:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission