Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
115 registered (AmandaH, AjLongsPiano, accordeur, 36251, anamnesis, ando, 35 invisible), 1448 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 Steinway K by joe80 @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

You mean, for instance, if the piano was never played, or minimally played, but kept in a constant temperate environment, the tuning and regulation kept up, and the case work in mint condition? Probably nothing to worry about - it would probably out
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Does a silent system harm the acoustic action (Kawai)? by danielp11 @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

Hello, I am thinking about replacing my Schimmel upright with a grand in the long run. For obvious reasons i want to include a silent system. My favorit grand until now would be a new Kawai GX2 with their "anytime" ATX2 silent system. N
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you store your sheet music and books? by LXXXVIIIdentes @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

You all look so beautifully organized! I start that way, but lose the organized stacks soon! I sympathize with the collection of decaying scores - I have them in piano, violin and vocal selections. To use them without damaging them further, I have
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Nonprofit Steinway project update! (with audio sample) by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:18 PM

I don't know if anybody remembers me mentioning my nonprofit project to connect older pianos in need of restoration to schools dedicated to classical arts education. Anyway, the idea came out of the fact that the ballet studio where I dance only has
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! by peterws @ Yesterday at 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By Elwood However...the bulk of this thread,is just some in depth,technological bickering about the business end of things,by a hoard of high societal classic pianists who sound like they swallowed a dictionary and who play scrabbl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easiest Philip Wesley Piece? by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 01:09 PM

p.s. I second Qazsedcft's recommendation to check out Einaudi's work, too. David Lanz and David Nevue also have many approachable but lovely pieces in the beginner to early intermediate range that are even more similar to Wesley's sound.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easiest Philip Wesley Piece? by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 01:07 PM

Hi mthelm, I really enjoy Wesley's music, too, and once had the good fortune to hear him play live in a small concert in Lexington. I fell in love with "Lamentations of the Heart" and promptly bought the sheet music collection that contai
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To compose a youth piano concerto or not? by Piano*Dad @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

Nikolas, From what I saw when my eldest was doing that sort of thing, there isn't much need for "easy" concerti. By the time students get good enough to consider working up a piano concerto, they can handle pretty significant pieces. As
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Weird little prelude by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 12:59 PM

This is pretty hilarious.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by Matheon @ Yesterday at 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By paradiceNice videos David Something I have noticed on my CA97 is the very first time I press the keys every day there is a slight click noise, but it's gone the 2nd time the key is pressed. It's as if something settles or gets s
Jump to new posts Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! by Elwood @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddCasio's Euro site is a little ahead of their US site. http://www.casio-music.com/euro/instruments/digital-pianos/privia-pro/px-560m/ The 560 won't be shipping in the US until October so more info, demos, etc. will be f
Jump to new posts Re: Carrying bag for NP11 ? by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

If specs are correct, that bag would be close to exact fit. Too close?. Hard to say.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

I think you should bring this up at your next lesson. I think daily practice is usually a good thing, unless remedial technical work is being done. Follow their instructions this week (every other day) and then ask them about why at the lesson. Expla
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 Steinway K by Sketches @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

Adult Beginners Forum
Check out the sheet music by David Nevue: http://www.davidnevue.com/sheetmusic.htm He has sample pages and a difficulty ranking for each piece, and there are some truly lovely compositions there. And, of course, I always have to recommend th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does sight reading help in general? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By proutOriginally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By proutOriginally Posted By WhoDwaldiFine. Wonderful. Sight-read-unseen-ever-before-for-the-first-performance to your heart's and paycheck's content. At some point, howeve
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 Steinway K by BDB @ Yesterday at 12:44 PM

It should be fine for many years, but about 30 years less than a new Steinway K.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 1986 Steinway K by Sketches @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Hi, I was wondering what the consensus is on how old a piano is before it gets into the territory of needing rebuilding work. Let's say a 1986 Steinway K, if that has been well maintained over the years and kept in good shape, is there any reason (p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does sight reading help in general? by prout @ Yesterday at 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By proutOriginally Posted By WhoDwaldiFine. Wonderful. Sight-read-unseen-ever-before-for-the-first-performance to your heart's and paycheck's content. At some point, however, there is a conundrum. Y
Jump to new posts Re: Carrying bag for NP11 ? by indigo_dave @ Yesterday at 12:34 PM

I found some discussion in the question and answer section of the listing for the "Yamaha YBA611 61-Note Artiste Series Nylon Keyboard Bag". The person quoted recommends the Gator GKB-61-Slimline. Any agreement on his recommendation ? (he
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it OK to dance on your piano lid? by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 12:25 PM

Max Weinberg is a client of mine (he owns a Bosendorfer). While dealing with him I asked about Bruce Springsteen singing and dancing on the piano in concert. He shared the piano was finished in a flat medium gray so the color would change depending
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano, I appreciate your feedback. by Rickster @ Yesterday at 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By MarkarianAngoriaket, you don't mention the price on the Lidermann. How much are they asking? It's probably a random Chinese stencil. If it sounds the best, go for it. A 30-40 year old Japanese upright is going to be worth even l
Jump to new posts ALESIS CODA PRO? by sus4 @ Yesterday at 12:23 PM

Has anyone here tried or bought the Alesis Coda Pro? Would like to read an honest review about it. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! by Elwood @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By ElwoodI can't imagine any of the PX-560's acoustical sounds(aside from the pianos)being any worse then the competition...but as of this moment,there's no videos,audio demos or any spec sheets to i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Article on Practicing away from the piano by ajames @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

My teacher is big on the visualization thing. I've tried it a few times on pieces that I know well and it can be intense, very taxing on the brain. I like to not just visualize the keyboard and the fingers, but image the sound of each note and the ta
Page 18 of 25 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Choosing Digital piano upgrade!
by koitako
09/01/15 09:15 PM
a theory question about ii
by keystring
09/01/15 07:27 PM
Piano Playing Horse
by S. Phillips
09/01/15 06:32 PM
Memory helps me learn pieces and play after I stop practice
by caters
09/01/15 06:08 PM
Knabe vs Mason & Hamlin baby grand
by Marsha J McDowell
09/01/15 05:11 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,590 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,607 Topics
2,441,138 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission