Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
130 registered (Albert Brighten, Andrei Kuznetsov, accordeur, 1stTimer, AndrewJCW, 37 invisible), 1423 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Starting out as a tech - referrals/partners by Bob @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

You don't need a moving truck. I have my clients arrange for and pay for piano moving. That way, I'm not liable for any moving damage. I would think managing a client list would be a full time job for a few months, as you market to the list. W
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AAAAAANNND, he is here!! :-) by David-G @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Denise, Thanks for the photos. The Baldwin looks marvellous, and the two pianos look very at home together. You must be thrilled. May I offer a tiny suggestion? I have my Bluthner angled slightly, so that it is not quite parallel to the wall. At
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Fugue14I'll take the relatively stoic demeanor of Horowitz or Righter over Lang Lang's orgasmic antics any day. (Not to mention their playing...) It's not a choice between two extremes. Also, Horo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A visit to Russell Kassman Pianos by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

I have a niece who disliked her experience at Kassmans. She is neither a kook, a competitor or a poster to Yelp. Just because you're a fellow dealer you don't have a context to rate what others possible experiences should or should not be. I wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room by jotur @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

3. earlofmar – Largo A very solemn feel to it – like a procession in church. Nicely played. 8. AZ_Astro – Just a Day Away Another composer with great/interesting pieces for beginning/intermediate players. This was a lovely rendition. 12. Rid
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Galaxy Vintage D: Occasional Pop/Hiss by siros @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Do you mean this screen? Can you adjust the slider on the left of "Latency" label?
Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasHi, i would like to know what key action do you prefer for playing non piano sounds like rhodes, B3´s, guitars and synths sounds between Kawai RHII and RHIII. Thanks. I've never played RHIII. But the MP7's RHII is b
I actually like that he is getting more specific, so nobody can mess around by mentioning other brands. Next I want to see a post about Kawai modwheel with best finger to sound connection ever.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Specific techniques/tips for staying relaxed? by Stanza @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

Perfect the piece at a faster tempo than your target. Then when you throttle back you should feel more relaxed.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Starting out as a tech - referrals/partners by qebbu @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By Ed Foote Greetings, You are discussing charging for referrals? I would think someone that is just starting out in the trade would lack the experience required to make the multiple decisions needed for these type of arrangemen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Much Do You Mark Up Your Scores? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By StubbieFor the most part, I leave the markings there after I'm finished with the piece. They've become the "story" of how I learned the piece and I like the "lived in" appearance. That's exactly how I feel. B
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevisI don't look for 'credibility' on an internet forum. It doesn't bother me if no-one takes me seriously either - I don't know anybody here personally, so don't worry that I will feel insulted if you think I'm just a fake.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland LX-17, LX-7 or LX-15E? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

kushy28, the LX-15E uses a combination of sampling and modelling in order to produce the piano sound, while the LX-7 and LX-17 utilises a brand new tone generator that according to Roland is fully modelled. This alone is quite a significant change,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Menuet 116 JS Bach Study -- by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By AndrewJCWOk got my progress so far recorded. Not much subtlety yet, I try to ignore all the annoying dynamic markings mostly while I'm trying to just learn the notes. Nice, and well played- tempo wise you accented
Jump to new posts Re: Quik-Lok WS550 owners... stability... wobbly??? by DeskDesign @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By SnowTownI had a Roland RD-700GX on a table top type of stand (which reviews said was very stable), but it wobbles a little when I play on the 700GX and drives me crazy sometimes. Which stand did you buy? Are there any screws or
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By AndrewJCWOriginally Posted By bennevis I bought my Mac 3 years ago, and I still don't know how to post Youtube links to my posts other than by laboriously copying out the letters and numbers (check out all my links and you'll see
Jump to new posts Re: Quik-Lok WS550 owners... stability... wobbly??? by DeskDesign @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By NomadnessI read about this here and ordered one on Amazon. It arrived a few days ago in a trashed box that had been repaired with piles of cardboard and tape, with loose parts inside and no padding whatsoever. The steel is OK, bu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT Pictures for the music room by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

He did 120 TV appearances and several movies. Of the 5, he is probably the most likely to be recognised by most people.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Casio AP-650 by FrankCox @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

Your piano does have two headphone jacks according to the spec sheet that I just looked at. You can record from one of them. Just remember to turn the volume down because a headphone jack will have a higher amplification than a dedicated line out.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you cope with musician's block? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By Pulatom maybe you'd suggest something really catchy (not necessarily from Chopin), that's really worth learning, even memorizing? (level ~4) Try this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TbQftYOKms
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AAAAAANNND, he is here!! :-) by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

Congrats! It looks great in your place. If shooting the sound upstairs will get a teen out of bed, then I may want to try it! Keeping the lid closed might help with that problem though, if you'd rather have the piano nearer the stairs.
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Module Ivory IAP Pedalling problem by newbert @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By Giancarlo RoblesI wanted to ask here regarding a situation I came across when playing yesterday using Ivory pianos inside Korg Module. I was just noodling around but noticed when holding the pedal and then releasing it to repeda
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A visit to Russell Kassman Pianos by Piano*Dad @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Yelp, schmelp. As Retsacnal notes, Kassman's business model and the tastes of the average unhappy Yelp poster are probably very different. And then there are the seemingly disgruntled shoppers who are likely just competitors. Can we stop beating thi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A visit to Russell Kassman Pianos by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Russ is a deservedly respected industry pro. And a true gentlemen.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A visit to Russell Kassman Pianos by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

I appreciate the contributions that Russell Kassman makes here. I recall going through some of those yelp reviews a while back when they were mentioned once before. A common complaint voiced here on PianoWorld about run-of-the-mill piano sales peop
Page 18 of 34 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 33 34 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai MP7 USB/MIDI and High Resolution MIDI Velocity.
by Fer De Armas
Today at 07:59 PM
Question about a cadence exercice----
by piano_primo_1
Today at 07:16 PM
Chopin op 25 12, how many months to play at tempo?
by rov
Today at 04:54 PM
Sheet music on the 18th century
by Young Musician
Today at 04:22 PM
Aggregate Difficulty Rankings for Beethoven Sonatas
by preludetr
Today at 03:48 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,628 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,735 Topics
2,471,715 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission