Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
127 registered (Al LaPorte, Aceituna, Almaviva, 36251, Alux, Abby Pianoman, 31 invisible), 1342 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Campanella12 @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

At Ando: You are right that there were significant changes made to Petrof instruments. But these changes were meant to recapture Petrof’s original heritage before becoming a nationalized company. As you are aware the national jewel that was Petro
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: book recommendation... by Entheo @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By gooddogI too read Swafford's "Brahms" and found it scholarly and fascinating. I especially appreciated his unbiased coverage of the relationship between Clara Schumann and Brahms. He stayed with the evidence, (or lack t
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Bach-Busoni Ich ruf' zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ BWV 639 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Just a run through. This probably is the most conventional sounding recording I've posted online. I'll hold off for a while on starting more threads here. Very soon here then will be up close and personal recordings with that 1940 N.Y. Steinway D
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Voicing down a piano by lewisk1811 @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Hello everyone! I have an 1879 Schiedmayer 6' grand, but in a very small room, with wooden flooring. As a result the piano is extremely loud, which is rather a big problem for me as I have to practise for at least 2 hours a day, and it is starting t
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

Because there's one of these born every minute.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to play by ear correctly, how to improvise by UKIkarus @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

Hi Aceituna, The ISBN is 9780953052813 if you pop that into google you will find plenty of stores listing this book It does seem however that the print is discontinued so finding a seller may be tough, will get back to you on this, it is likely th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts How to play by ear correctly, how to improvise by Aceituna @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

Hi all, I'm looking for the book (recommended by Bernhard at pianostreet): Colin Aston – How to play by ear correctly, how to improvise and compose music I don't find it at any store. Please, could anybody help me to find it? Thanks in advance.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By dire tonic? It's showing 2ms latency to the beginning of the waveform though the first millisec isn't going to be audible (the first few are questionable). Running the same test for Ivory shows less than 0.5ms latency and it ki
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by Pete14 @ Yesterday at 10:48 AM

What if the license is simply loaned -not sold- to the end user for educational purposes, and in return the lawful owner of the license gets a small donation in the amount of $100.00 for his -yet to be determined- foundation.
Jump to new posts Re: Comparitive Latency of popular VIs... and the winner is... by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By anotherscott Back to the test, I am curious about what it is we're seeing that is "quiet" before the "meat" of the sound appears in each sample. It would be interesting to hear a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT- another short story by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

Nice story! Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: About a ddr bluthner's screwed up bridge pin... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:41 AM

The original aliquot design used little bridge agraffes for the highest aliquot strings, this weakens the bridge. Also the extra mass of the the extra string and the aliquot agraffes make the treble tone "thinner". The contemporary aliquo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by ando @ Yesterday at 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By Campanella12 Petrof is a purist piano in this regard and will not deviate from its path. Some might argue that Petrof has already deviated from its path by dropping its roman numeral series, which had their own unique charm w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha c3x vs shigeru sk3 by Steve Peterson @ Yesterday at 10:34 AM

I saw the video, and between the casual recording technique (looks like it was a smartphone mic) and all of the noise in the background, I don't think a reasonable person could come away with any real opinion of what the pianos sound like from that v
Originally Posted By Ben BouleThese tests may be interesting if you take the midi keyboard out of the equation and used a specially rigged button & or software timer to capture the actual latency of the software with no other variables involved.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teacher recommendation in Salamanca,Spain? by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

I can't help directly with Salamanca, but I used to live in Madrid and I will ask among my music friends there to see if anybody has some recommendations in Salamanca. Must the teacher speak English? If so, let me know. I still remember my dau
These tests may be interesting if you take the midi keyboard out of the equation and used a specially rigged button & or software timer to capture the actual latency of the software with no other variables involved. (Have the button send a fixed
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by anamnesis @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By Groove OnOriginally Posted By Groove OnOriginally Posted By BDBCPE Bach ranked improvisation the highest skill, followed by sight reading, with memorization last. That's fascinating, it turns my learning strategy upside down. I'm
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by jotur @ Yesterday at 10:26 AM

MossySF - how cool to play these! It's really refreshing to hear something I know almost nothing about. And thanks for the wiki link, too. Nicely done. Cathy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Piano_Brazil @ Yesterday at 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaSo, start your own Church. (No offence meant to anybody). lol
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By Ben BouleIt's fine to be happy with a DP but don't try to convince people who appreciate APs that we shouldn't. More commonly that plea comes from the other side. Originally Posted By CyberGene It won't probably be detected by
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1930 / 1940 Blüthner anyone? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

All the usual auction caveats apply, of course, with bells on!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

So, start your own Church. (No offence meant to anybody).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bringing out the melody by griffin2417 @ Yesterday at 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By Sam SMy teacher envisions it as "standing on" the finger that you want to bring out. Within reasom, of course. I'm working on the Percy Grainger "Irish Tune", which is a nightmare - I think every finger is us
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Mellow sound of Chopin's piano by joe80 @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

The tone was much stronger by the 1900s due to the larger instruments, but some makers did strive to use soft felts even by then. My own piano has been voiced by making the hammer heads so soft that the tone is woolly, then I played it in and now it'
Page 18 of 36 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 35 36 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Easy pieces in B major for begginers
by Aceituna
03/31/15 06:10 AM
Should I apply for bachelor or master degree?
by tobevirtuoso
03/31/15 06:09 AM
a special recording of a 1940 N.Y. Steinway D
by Michael Sayers
03/31/15 04:45 AM
Giggle time
by Jytte
03/31/15 03:45 AM
Memorizing After Learning Process Or...
by Batuhan
03/31/15 03:09 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,715 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,872 Topics
2,390,597 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission