Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (albumblatter, 36251, anamnesis, accordeur, AndrewJCW, 34 invisible), 1255 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What adult beginners should be learning by Noonie @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

That was helpful, thanks. I found it already improved my timing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Two Part Inventions by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

Mark that looks like a good one to work. In getting back into Bach's work (thought I would die before I would ever want to work on Bach's music again) found some information about Cory Hall and his work with Bach's music. His work seems to be cente
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question on attitude , psychology and piano. by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

What if you cultivate a self image of a person who can learn and grow and change? Then you don't have to worry about it anymore and can just go and do what you need to do.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By toddyThe FP-4f has the Ivory Feel-G keyboard which is a great improvement on the FP-4 keybaord. A lot of people think the FP-4 felt better than the FP4-F. Which explains... Originally Posted By DonZon For some odd reason, the F
Piano Teachers Forum
anyways.. was curious. should i contact the teachers by email first or phone? just thought of that.. maybe email first then phone follow-up? some teachers on certain sites have both email and phone listed.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By newport Originally Posted By AlbuneaOriginally Posted By newport Reviewing the first round video, the moment of truth seems to be happening at 23:55 http://tch15.medici.tv/en/performance/round-round-1-piano-2015-06-19-130000030
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 OUTPUT Jack not working by yukimister @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Thanks for timely response James! I am in Canada, bought from Thomann Germany, shall i reach Thomann or kawai NAR? I use HD598 and creative t10.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Two Part Inventions by markmilo @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

I'm also back to playing after many years. Been working on the Invention in Fmaj - a few decades ago could play a few of the Inventions, but now my brain has rotted and my fingers refuse to follow directions. I find that a great deal of hands-apart w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 20th Century Pieces by MALDI_ToF @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

I like Salvatore Scarrino. His stuff is interesting. He has composed a hilarious piece that is a combination of Jeux d'eau and Singing in the Rain. Scarrino - Anamorfosi Jacob ter Veldhuis has some curious, very modern pieces. Jacob TV - Off and
Jump to new posts Re: Sound problems with Kawai CA97 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

Hello Gouldmember, welcome to the forum. As others have suggested, I would recommend raising this matter with your Kawai dealer (and/or Kawai Europe - Kawai's European subsidiary and distributor based in Germany). If there is a problem, I'm confide
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 OUTPUT Jack not working by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

Hello yukimister, May I ask if you have already raised this topic with your Kawai dealer, or the Kawai distributor in your country? Also, what kind of speakers (brand/model) are you attempting to connect to the MP7, and how are you connecting them?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: climate control during absence of tbd duration. by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By ChickGrandI'd rather tune than sweep up ashes.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by wr @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By ElaineAllegro Looking forward to hanging out online at the next competition (Chopin?). Honens may generate interest, in September. The semi-finalists have been announced.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Competitions and nationality by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

The Tchaikovsky Competition has produced the greatest number - & highest percentage of its winners - of household names among classical pianists today, of any competition, past or present. Even if most of its winners have been Russian men. In fac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reverse sticker-shock? by markmilo @ Yesterday at 07:38 PM

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I told the dealer I would very likely be in the shop next week to try it (and the Estonia, and anything else that catches my ear) next week. Oddly, I haven't been able to find out much about Seilers online
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do all national piano movers have bad reviews? by inkybrown @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

Thanks, I am just worried about their overall 1 star rating. Modern fares a little better but also has a lot of 1 star reviews.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Books and Movies - Non Instructional by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

I just finished a wonderful book about stage fright -- both a study of the subject in general and a memoir of the author's struggles overcoming performance anxiety as a serious amateur pianist -- it's called "Playing Scared" by Sara Solovit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 20th Century Pieces by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Among my favorites are Thomas Ades's Darknesse Visible, Judith Lang Zaimont's Impronta Digitale and Carl Vine's piano sonatas (1 - 3). If you like sweet & simple, there's Peter Maxwell Davies's Farewell to Stromness. And these are just a few fa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Two Part Inventions by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949In case anyone is interested, there are editions of the Inventions and Sinfonias with Busoni as Editor. In these editions, ornaments are written out and fingering is given!!! I think I am going to love these. The Bus
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiring a tech to FIND a piano by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 07:02 PM

No Norbert, I meant the 300 mile road trip around BC. I wouldn't try to sell pianos to save a puppy's life. Kurt
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by DonZon @ Yesterday at 07:01 PM

Well, there you go, you sold yours a year ago for $900. For some odd reason, the FP-4 is holding its value more than it should be. It's a quality board and I do love the action, but I paid $1600 about 5 years ago, which was too much for what it is
Jump to new posts Re: New acoustic grand in the Nord Piano Library by garywong0923 @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

The keyboard in Nord 2 is noisy when pressing the keys hardly and quickly.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Which verticals would be considered mellow? by PamDD @ Yesterday at 06:54 PM

I plan to work with a tech to help me find a very good used studio or taller. I prefer a sound that leans toward mellow but not muffled. I understand the Yamaha U3 can range from bright to mellow but that the U1 is consistently bright. Also, I don't
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by shirlkirsten @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

Just revisited Masleev's Round 1 recital.. Liszt totally pounded out.. not much more to say.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

I have been asked to do this for recording sessions. There is a need for the piano to be approximately A-440, but in the course of the tuning,strings may be 5-8 cents away from what that standard would normally get on some of the notes. There doesn'
Page 18 of 36 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 35 36 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Umi Garrett
by Isabelle1949
07/02/15 11:27 PM
What are great ways of finding new students?
by albumblatter
07/02/15 11:22 PM
Hello. Any adult beginner in Singapore?
by iluvansel
07/02/15 10:42 PM
Musicians Friend and 4th of July Sale
by FrankDaddy
07/02/15 09:44 PM
Unfamiliar concerto at a competition = bad idea?
by albumblatter
07/02/15 08:55 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,863 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,255 Topics
2,423,471 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission