Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by Monica K. @ 08/20/14 10:13 PM

Heck, I'm relieved to hear that SAM is still on the go! I was worried about that leg injury. Glad to hear that the trails are getting flatter and easier.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with a piano purchase by Freece65 @ 08/20/14 10:12 PM

I grew up in Milwaukee but moved to Waterford about 20 years ago. I have inlaws in Rosholt which is about 20 miles NE of Stevens Point. I have a problem with the "playing them". Its been so long I cant play anymore. I really miss it now fo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with a piano purchase by Markarian @ 08/20/14 10:07 PM

Hmm, looks like the Schiller Berlin is a Pearl River with a bunch of German parts in it. Most fascinating. http://www.schillerpianocompany.com/uncategorized/berlin-5ft-3-inch-grand-piano-ebony-polish
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with a piano purchase by terminaldegree @ 08/20/14 10:05 PM

Indeed, Schiller is a house brand for Laabs. They also have a variety of used pianos that may be in your price range (though you're pushing it, trying to find a grand for that small of a budget. It's possible, but the pickings can be a little slim)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new Grand Piano; SoCal Area by JonathanNV @ 08/20/14 10:05 PM

My two cents: (1) I bought a new Estonia L168 this past March. It is a marvelous piano, mechanically delightful to play and wonderfully sounding. (2) I purchased this piano from Benjamin Kim of Kim's Pianos. His pricing was "highly competitiv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by piano_primo_1 @ 08/20/14 10:04 PM

The 2nd half ,,, being I am still on dial up ( yeah it Ďs a shame-( but the where I live didnít even have dsl until a year ago or so,, .......... So I went to the library to download the zips, which made this easier than......... waiting and waiting
Adult Beginners Forum
You've gotten a lot of great advice already. I'd like to point out my biggest concern: lessons are a place to which you bring problems, not solutions. If you've already solved something, what do you need the teacher for?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS6 by Sally Conran @ 08/20/14 10:01 PM

PikaPianist, Thanks for your thoughts on the CS6 and CS7. Also, many thanks for your beautiful you tube posts. Your playing is wonderful as are your selections. I'll check in on your site regularly!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: hreichgottNice playing for a year and a half, kobethuy! congratulations Why do you have earphones in while you play? The earphones allow me to listen to the subtlety and the sharpness of the key I pressed very useful when pl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by Markarian @ 08/20/14 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: terminaldegreeI really like the look of the underside of the piano not slathered in black paint - it's the one thing (besides the adjustable music desk) I wish my 'A' had. Indeed! I really would love to see what the whole pian
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by Rich Galassini @ 08/20/14 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Markarian I am surprised by what appears to be a heckuva separation in that rim. That should not be there in a new piano - or a 70 year old piano, for that matter. I could be mistaken as this photo might be misleading. H
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Need help with a piano purchase by Freece65 @ 08/20/14 09:55 PM

I want to start out by saying "Hi" to everyone in the forums. I havent played in approximately 25 years or better and am looking to buy a piano in the very near future. (Possibly tomorrow depending on what goes on here.)I will be resuming
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer by terminaldegree @ 08/20/14 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonathan BakerAnd if that lottery ticket were really a big winner, then I would get both a Bosendorfer 280 and a Hamburg Steinway D. I like how you think!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by terminaldegree @ 08/20/14 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: PianoWorksATL Owen, I believe you could satinize the glossy lacquer fallboard to make it the traditional satin. You'd still have fingernail marks but against a satin background, it might be an improvement for you. Thanks, Sam
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Just Tuned a Kawai 5'10" Grand Piano KG-2E by Paul678 @ 08/20/14 09:51 PM

It was a pretty nice piano, although the action was a bit heavy for my taste, and the owner had it voiced way too bright in my opinion. Kind of a big gig for me, because he normally uses Enrique Rosano, so I made sure my unisons were clean, and th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help Locating Baldwin Model and Year by BruceD @ 08/20/14 09:50 PM

No one except a piano tech actually examining the piano could give you an idea of its current value. Value depends upon condition, and condition doesn't just mean appearance and how it plays, although those help. It also means condition of the acti
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by petes1 @ 08/20/14 09:50 PM

Gwilly -- I think it's a cool accent, that's all! I love my Canadian friends, love the country, and head out there as often as I can, even if only to grab me some Tim Hortons and poutine!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer by Jonathan Baker @ 08/20/14 09:48 PM

The minute I win the lottery I will purchase a Bosendorfer. I would take a new Bosendorfer 225 over a new Steinway B. If I had to choose between a Bosendorfer 225 and an 1890 Steinway C rebuilt to perfection, then that would be a difficult choice, a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by terminaldegree @ 08/20/14 09:47 PM

I really like the look of the underside of the piano not slathered in black paint - it's the one thing (besides the adjustable music desk) I wish my 'A' had.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by jotur @ 08/20/14 09:31 PM

I was so relieved to hear that Wrinkles is still on the go. Congratulations on getting thru the tough part - you've earned some downhill/flat stuff Cathy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Kawai K-500 by Rickster @ 08/20/14 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: smrkdownFive pianos? I don't have that many rooms in my apartment. Well, I suppose I am somewhat of a piano fanatic... but I can think of some worse things to be a fanatic about. Rick
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Much Can I Sell My Kawai KG-3C? by Markarian @ 08/20/14 09:23 PM

I played a 70s Kawai that I was super-impressed with, but I think it was bigger. That's a nice-looking piano tho!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Drinking and drug addiction is rife in the classical... by Francisco Scalco @ 08/20/14 09:22 PM

I get VERY frightened before recitals, but I find it adds to the performance... if there's not that element of anxiety, it feels like practice to me. I hate it, but I need it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Do I understand this correctly: you won't be going back to your solfege class (which you completed away from campus and about which possible legislation is in the works), but you are questioning whether you want to go back to your (private?)piano te
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FLAT-STRUNG PIANOS by pyropaul @ 08/20/14 09:18 PM

192kbps AAC is almost equal to 44.1Khz/16bit CD audio - it is not superior. In double blind tests, you will probably not hear a difference, but you will be able to hear that 128kbps mp3 is inferior. 320kbps will be almost impossible to detect. As 19
Page 18 of 33 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 32 33 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
130 registered (ando, AndrewJCW, Banzai_Ed, aesop, Atrys, 35 invisible), 1308 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75898 Members
42 Forums
156852 Topics
2304689 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
DAMPP CHASER
by tksler
9 minutes 2 seconds ago
Cardboard shim for loose pin. Anybody heared about it's
by Maximillyan
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
Sheet music question
by Coconutyoghurt
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Smelly MP11 (or MP7)?
by rungabic
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Hi Everyone
by JoyBug
Yesterday at 10:02 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission