Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
120 registered (Alexander Borro, barakbk, Albunea, ando, anamnesis, 32 invisible), 1716 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by Withindale @ Yesterday at 04:17 AM

Well I got the Steingraeber, but aren't the chances high that everyone will get one right? I suppose Katsaris would say "it's the way I play 'em".
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing Genuine Ivory Keytops by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 04:17 AM

Well I think the thing is to go and have a look. If the client has saved all the detached ivory heads, and if they are flat and not curled, then they should sit nicely in place on their original keys. I've always been fortunate in that when custome
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Comparing Kawai CA63 to new sub $1600 pianos by CyberGene @ Yesterday at 04:03 AM

Well I beg to differ as can be seen by my signature I replaced my CA63 with MP6 first and ES7 later and I prefer the RH2 action over the sluggish RM3. And CN25 has RH3 which is even better. If I have to choose between RM3 and RH2 I'd always get the
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scriabin - Etude in C# minor Opus 2 No. 1 by Tony007 @ Yesterday at 03:58 AM

Hi Carey! Sounds great! Last time I heard this piece it was with Mikhail Pletnev who played it as an encore after a wonderful recital – so you had a strong competitor But I wasn't disappointed at all when listening to you! Lots of emotions, lot
Jump to new posts Re: Comparing Kawai CA63 to new sub $1600 pianos by Bellicapelli @ Yesterday at 03:47 AM

Been there too, as you can see from my signature. As of today, there's still nothing in your shortlist that can compare to ca63 in terms of action and amplification. Im not sure about the sampling technology of the cn25 and perhaps the rolands, wi
Adult Beginners Forum
I find it inspirational to listen to advanced or professional pianists. Sometimes I come away with a "Ooh I want to do that!!!" feeling, and sometimes I just am an awe of what can be done with talent and a lot of hard work. Last year I too
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms op.118/5 by Tony007 @ Yesterday at 03:32 AM

Hi Carey! Thanks a lot for your benevolent words! You are right: the middle section of this Romance is very tricky, and I frankly admit that I had to fight for this result The challenge is to make it sound very "easy" and bright, not li
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by maurus @ Yesterday at 03:25 AM

Wow, my clear preference was no. 2, with no. 4 a close second.
Jump to new posts Re: Quick FP-30 review by rychubil @ Yesterday at 03:16 AM

I choose FP30 cause much better keyboard action and triple pedal which is not for F20 in option. I plug quite often to Roland CM110 but more often I play on headphones. Anyway on built in speakers sounds enough good. Come on, I didn't buy top range p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Attending advanced recital: Inspirational or demoralizing? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 02:51 AM

Without listening to players who are better than you, how will you know how the music is _supposed_ to sound? Yes, depression may be a side-effect. That's the cost of knowledge.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is Kawai's Equivalent to Yamaha's U3? by johnbarnesiii @ Yesterday at 02:47 AM

Gnuboi thanks, good idea. What would be some reasonable prices for a used K5? In good condition?
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By shalomjjDoes recording it straight into the computer give a good recording or do would I do better to use my Tascam DP008? Interesting question. Your computer's audio input may be stereo, or not. It wasn't designed for audio
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By rychubilHi guys! I'm looking for a proper sized (1300 x 280) dust cover for FP30 in UK stores. Would you recommend me something? What do you think about stretchy cover? is enough good or better be nylon one? I have this one fo
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Petrarca Sonnets by joe80 @ Yesterday at 02:32 AM

haha of course i forgot about that! I'm going to make a proper recording of it and upload it on to sound cloud
Originally Posted By argerichfanOriginally Posted By Carey In addition to striving for solid, clean well-voiced chords and a regal steady tempo, there was also the challenge of shaping the melodic line and controlling the dynamics. Terrific playing,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by outo @ Yesterday at 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By pianoloverusOn my @ss. What a sarcastic, rude, childish comment. I am offended by this, big league. Was that sarcasm? Or are you really that easily offended? It's not good for your blood pressure you k
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared Piano? by AZ_Astro @ Yesterday at 02:11 AM

Awesome! I think it fills an interesting niche. I've never seen anyone do anything like it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By pwl Looking forward to your comments! And I think I am now committed to starting the course next week . . . Pwl, Very cool! I hope that you'll pop in and let us know how the course is going for you. The more the merrier!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by sirwormsalot @ Yesterday at 01:20 AM

Damn:) I knew I should have used intuition over logic when it comes to music
Jump to new posts Re: Edward Elgar - "Nimrod" from Enigma Variations Opus 36 by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By Carey In addition to striving for solid, clean well-voiced chords and a regal steady tempo, there was also the challenge of shaping the melodic line and controlling the dynamics. Terrific playing, Carey! It is interesting to co
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 01:14 AM

As I mentioned earlier, I wanted to use this thread as an opportunity to review the course and solidify what I have learned and am learning from it. So I’m going to (more or less) try to go back every week and review an old lesson starting from th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SPORTS (MUSICIANSHIP) PSYCHOLOGY AND SELF EFFICACY by scgrant @ Yesterday at 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By sam abdel I have been working on a piece for quite some time now....and my teacher told me i have to have it completed by in one week...and to my huge surprise, "memorized!" in one week. I feel as if I were in diving
Jump to new posts Re: Tunelab stretch by John Dutton @ Yesterday at 01:02 AM

Honestly, I have the default settings set for what works reasonably well for most medium to large grands. My SOP is to tune two passes. First pass more or less as Tunelab calls it from left to right. Second pass I start on the first bichord and tune
Jump to new posts Re: Presentation on the sound of pianos from the Romantic Period by Lucas Brookins RPT @ Yesterday at 12:52 AM

I got 10/10. Man that was the hardest test I have ever took! I don't claim to have "Perfect Pitch" either. I have a lot of friends that could pass this too.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SPORTS (MUSICIANSHIP) PSYCHOLOGY AND SELF EFFICACY by sam abdel @ Yesterday at 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By laguna_gregHave you read anything about sports psychology? Even popularizations, like the Inner Game of Tennis? There's also a book called the Inner Game of Music which is patterned along the same lines. Also, you don't say wh
Page 18 of 23 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Adding Muffler Rail to Upright Piano
by johnbarnesiii
18 minutes 20 seconds ago
Printed piano music
by Isabelle1949
23 minutes 40 seconds ago
Tuning high-layer pinboards?
by Beemer
30 minutes 54 seconds ago
THERE WASN”T A 30 DAY recital WARNING BELL!!!!
by piano_primo_1
Today at 01:02 PM
Piano note decay time?
by Beemer
Today at 12:34 PM
Forum Stats
83,472 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,339 Topics
2,520,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission