Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
126 registered (Allochi, anamnesis, accordeur, 36251, 40 invisible), 2599 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca67 vs acoustic piano by kapelli @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

IMHO, unless you will get a real gem, acoustic will be much less fun for you to play than digital of quality of the CA67.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teachers in Houston, Tx? by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

which area of Houston and how far are you willing to travel? There are plenty of good piano teachers that don't yell at you especially for $80/hour. That rate is terribly close to the rate of college professors rate, I'd rather go to one of them rath
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By StubbieIt's important to make the distinction between using method books (1) self-teaching or (2) with a teacher. [...] Some people can't afford teachers or have other reasons a teacher isn't in the stars. For them, a method b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Pearl River Uprights? by Glenn Treibitz @ Yesterday at 12:42 PM

Ditto on the Ritmuller over the Pearl River. Giant difference in quality and tone.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video on the Value of Slow Practice by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By johan dVery nice video, but very contradictory against many people here about learning without metronome is better. As a beginner I can ask what to believe...As with most tips, don't believe...try it yourself and find out what wo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you practice scales staccato? by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

not anymore regularly, yes it was useful.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video on the Value of Slow Practice by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

I do actually use the metronome from the very beginning, to be sure I am getting the rhythm correct, and to enforce very slow play as he says. Often this is 1/4 speed or less. Then I speed up the chunks to about 1/2 speed when learned. Even after
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weinreich by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 12:35 PM

LOL. Ha ha. (I read your signature)
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Olek @ Yesterday at 12:26 PM

To be honest, what I hear in the recording is that extremly sonorous instrument, a little weird eventually, but this could be OK, but I also notice the pianist is not so much "at ease" in the tuning. DOnt know why but this is something I n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lead sheet books recommendation? by zip37602 @ Yesterday at 12:24 PM

Thanks Linda. After checking at the book store, you're right. Very small print indeed. I'll keep looking :-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Traditional One Month To Recital Thread by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Very few listeners can identify errors after listening to a performance. They might remember that there was one but they can't say what it was or where it was. When we listen to music we try to find patterns. When the patterns are easy we like the mu
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Grandpianoman @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

There were differences in the graphs between my Laptop/G Track mic and the Ipad/i436 combo in the bass section, but also in the rest of the piano. The overall sound of Entropy is very pleasing. Both bass sections sounded good on both tunings, howev
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Do you practice scales and arpeggios staccato? by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 12:12 PM

Do you practice scales and arpeggios in staccato form as well as legato (or legato-like) and do you find it useful?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teachers in Houston, Tx? by Brownskins @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By pianofan1017Not sure if you will feel ok with Chinese teacher? My teacher is Chinese and usually Chinese teacher has high expectation of students and if does reacher their standards they will scold or yell during class. I had a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sabre Dance by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf90Our speed is inherent. You cannot train for speed. If you can't run like Usain Bolt or play like Trifunov or Argerich now you aren't going to do much to improve it. You can improve it a bit but not significantly. In almost
Jump to new posts Re: Shanks & flanges -- Renner, Abel or Tokiwa? by Olek @ Yesterday at 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By machineintelWhat type of material is escain? It is a Polyurethane microfiber, with a nap. Used by Yamaha, Renner, WnG I think. Synthetic leather. About Tokina, it is a small company I doubt they are used in actions, but
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Palmpirate @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

It's Beethoven's 15th sonata, opus 28, beautiful and elegant, and at first sight , not to much of a challenge. I know I can only do very little practice in the summer - the odd 20 mins - grabbed from the day - and essential to my sanity. I didn't wa
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
There's one in this book: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Buena-Vista-Social-Club-sheet-music/3389426?d=sem_SFD&popup=false&mkwid=sJtzRBBw8|pcrid|56629579462&kw=&gclid=CIPipurW-8YCFchlfgodUUcPrg
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The value of 1981 Mason & Hamlin Piano Model B by Eric68 @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Thanks, Carey. I think it's a good idea to go and touch the piano. I will go and take a look before asking a technician to look at it. I hope the piano sounds as good as the one you played, WhoDwaldi. Here is a new development. The owner gave me th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by bennevis @ Yesterday at 11:48 AM

I think all beginners need a method of some sort to start with. The typical scenario of an adult beginner who doesn't have a teacher and doesn't use any method book is to pick a piece he likes (e.g. Für Elise) and go about attempting to learn it not
Jump to new posts Re: Shanks & flanges -- Renner, Abel or Tokiwa? by machineintel @ Yesterday at 11:48 AM

So far, I still haven't heard any complaints about Tokiwa. I'm curious, does anyone know which piano manufacturers use Tokiwa parts in production?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video on the Value of Slow Practice by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By johan dOriginally Posted By SwissMSI thought I would share this video link that I just received about why and how to practice slowly. I thought it was excellent! It is right on, on why we tend to practice too fast and the unfort
Jump to new posts Re: Shanks & flanges -- Renner, Abel or Tokiwa? by machineintel @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

What type of material is escain?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone using decent lightweight headphones/ear-speakers? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 11:41 AM

Quote: . . . Generally I'd rather have a draught in and around my head and almost certainly up-market buds will only deliver their full potential if they're sealed in to the ear canal. . . . That's right. You need a good seal, to get good bass.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 11:31 AM

I had a lesson yesterday (my lessons have been pretty widely spaced over the summer) and my teacher assigned me a piece from Mendelssohn's Songs Without Words and several more of them to read through. So I ordered the book and should have it in a fe
Page 18 of 24 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Problem with a reconditioned Bechstein grand
by C Scott
07/28/15 06:05 PM
Wagon Grand Disklavier Upgrades
by Sam4
07/28/15 06:03 PM
I apologize in advance....
by Rich Galassini
07/28/15 05:37 PM
original composition, opinion?
by pianistforever238
07/28/15 02:43 PM
Parson's Buys a Significant Interest in Grotrian
by Steve Cohen
07/28/15 12:48 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,175 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,808 Topics
2,430,656 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission