Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
119 registered (anrpiano, AndyP, Alan T., 36251, beeboss, 34 invisible), 1556 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by RonaldSteinway @ 06/28/16 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By Saffet Even though I played perfect in the quarterfinal, I doubt if I could qualify, since I feel the level of repertoire was also affecting the decison of the jury. I have the same thought. If i played well and you also playe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Ralphiano @ 06/28/16 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By zillybugNice playing Ralph. I enjoyed listening to both your pieces. Which RCM book is the Bourree from? Judy Hey, Judy. Thanks for the encouragement! Also, I played the Czerny etude again this evening and it came out a lot smo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: So there's this thing next year... by Vid @ 06/28/16 11:28 PM

To be young again 😀
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts 2 free CC Yamaha Pianos for Kontakt by bigcat1969 @ 06/28/16 11:25 PM

I recently tightened up the well regarded Salamander Piano sampled by Alexander HolmFeel to hopefully make it a bit more responsive. The page also has the piano sampled for the OLPC project by Dr. Mikhail Krishtal. Both are Creative Commons Attributi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: So there's this thing next year... by Carey @ 06/28/16 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By KenanOriginally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By pianoloverusI don't think it's uncommon for teenage pianists to prefer Romantic music to Classical or Baroque. Leonard Bernstein even did a lecture on Bach where he talked about
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Your opinion? Value of 1914 Steinway B 6'+ by Jean Claude @ 06/28/16 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTThere is no city or town named "Perth" in Washington State. So much for 'Piano World'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by SiFi @ 06/28/16 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By CareySaffet - it was wonderful to see you involved as a participant !! I'm pleased that you had a positive experience. You played extremely well !! Saffet - It was great to meet you and hear you play. I was enormously impres
Jump to new posts Re: Played a VAX yet? by David Farley @ 06/28/16 10:40 PM

I once sent away for the install tape for the VMS version of Pianoteq, but I couldn't hear the piano in the machine room, even with headphones on.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discussing stretch with a professional tuner by Dave B @ 06/28/16 10:40 PM

Years ago I had a customer who called me back three times requesting more stretch in the top two octaves. On the third call-back I realized I couldn't possibly stretch the tuning any further so I brought everything back down to clean strong octaves i
Originally Posted By Kawai James Given the emphasis on travelling, I would suggest that portability is a factor. If so, I would perhaps rule-out the heavier CP300 and MP8 (great boards that they are). The SV1 has some excellent vintage EP sounds, b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Your opinion? Value of 1914 Steinway B 6'+ by dogperson @ 06/28/16 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTThere is no city or town named "Perth" in Washington State. Perth, Western Australia
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Hello! I have not posted in a while, but have enjoyed reading about many other PianoWorld member's new or "new to me" piano experiences! Just had the Mason & Hamlin BB regulated and tuned earlier this month. What a joy to play and ow
Jump to new posts Re: Odd sound from one string by Dave B @ 06/28/16 10:22 PM

You're describing a voicing issue. Next time your tech is there bring it to his attention. Could be a number of things: string leveling, string setting, hammer alignment, hammer not matched properly to strings, hammer felt too soft, the string could
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway & Sons Upright 3 pedal Piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 06/28/16 10:12 PM

Glad things worked out to your satisfaction. The casting would have survived the fire in pieces. And Steinway always casts their name on the plate. So evidence would have remained to verify the brand at least.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Your opinion? Value of 1914 Steinway B 6'+ by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 06/28/16 10:07 PM

There is no city or town named "Perth" in Washington State.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the exact level of this piece by 8 Octaves @ 06/28/16 09:50 PM

Kate Liu (USA) performed it at the Chopin International Competition. I think it's at the super-human level. Technically, it's at the RCM Performance Diploma Level, that's the level after RCM ARCT. ARCT comes after the 12 student levels RCM Prep A/B
Jump to new posts Re: Odd sound from one string by Pianos & Pianos Mexico @ 06/28/16 09:46 PM

It could be that is not getting full contact whit the bridge.
Jump to new posts Re: Where To Begin? by Pianos & Pianos Mexico @ 06/28/16 09:37 PM

You have to buy a spoon bender, theres 2 or 3 types, they are inexpensive, also you'll have to practice whit the action on the bench since is a blind adjustment, once you can blind grab the spoon you'll be ready to adjust them in te piano. Beding t
Jump to new posts Re: No line-in input: recording question by Stephano @ 06/28/16 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacThat's all correct Awesome, thank you! So can I just buy the simplest, cheapest computer speakers such as these? I mean, must I look for anything in particular? Those speakers have 3.5mm cables coming out of them, so I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by BrianDX @ 06/28/16 09:31 PM

... 21. Moonlight Sonata (1st Mov) (Beethoven) (AR) 22. Strawberry Malt (Faber) (OC) 23. French Minuet (Lully) (OF) 24. Mazurka In F Major (Faber) (OC) 25. The Spy (Faber) (OC) 26. Silver Rain Etude (Faber) (OC) 27. Polka (Primo) (Hummel) (OF) 28. Da
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help counting this piece. by keystring @ 06/28/16 09:28 PM

That's a very good approach, Andrew. But Tubbie was also not wrong in his answer because effectively there are indeed two beats (1, 2). But your way helps keep those beats long enough, and provides a link to the original music.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the exact level of this piece by bennevis @ 06/28/16 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By airillyChopin's "Andante spianto and great polonaise,op.22" Since I watch the movie ''pianist'', Ive really loved this piece.(and I realized this piece is quite famous among pianists!! ) And I wanna play this one,,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the exact level of this piece by AndrewJCW @ 06/28/16 09:05 PM

If this is the etude you're talking about it's listed by the same website as grade 8, so one level 'easier' than it. http://pianosyllabus.com/detail.php?ref=9792
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by Kawai James @ 06/28/16 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddThe Roland RD-800, RP-401R, F-130R, HP-506, and HP-508 all use the PHA-4. I appreciate the general point that you are making, and it's true that the above instruments all use the same 4th generation of the PHA action,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help counting this piece. by AndrewJCW @ 06/28/16 08:57 PM

Sorry I don't understand. Are you saying you shouldn't count out the other beats just because you're not playing anything on them? This is how I would approach the exercise (as in the second part of it where it asks to play as chords). Click for b
Page 18 of 20 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha NU1 vs Mason & Hamlin actions
by ivorytux
06/30/16 05:16 PM
Name of song
by Tango
06/30/16 04:36 PM
Can This Be Done?
by newbert
06/30/16 04:02 PM
Yamaha B3 Silent Piano - MIDI
by RobertJM
06/30/16 01:31 PM
Trapezius pain when playing
by Ender Wiggin
06/30/16 01:03 PM
Forum Stats
84,158 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,667 Topics
2,537,606 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission