Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Marche Funèbre d'une Marionette by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: RetsacnalOriginally Posted By: Karl WatsonSt.Mark 5:9 I love it! Thanks Karl--that made my day! I wonder if there aren't "many" who grow disenchanted. I can't speak for Marty, of course, but I've noticed when I sear
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts page-turning for tablets by Barly @ Yesterday at 04:02 AM

I know there are several wireless pedals available to turn the page when one uses a tablet for sheet music, but are there other ways, too? I find I'm using my feet for those pedals my piano came with already. Or is this something one gets used to, i
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano in dryer room by AaronH @ Yesterday at 04:00 AM

[img:center]http://i.imgur.com/bVhc99s.jpg[/img] This is the setup. Piano is on the left, dryer is on the right. The codes are interesting, do they apply in Australia?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ibach baby grand by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 03:59 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoThey had a K added to their model number. If it's not one of the Korea models, by all means, go for it but always have it checked out by an independent tech. +1. Get it checked. If it checks out make an offer. The ven
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ibach baby grand by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 03:52 AM

They had a K added to their model number. If it's not one of the Korea models, by all means, go for it but always have it checked out by an independent tech.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Vertegrand pressure bar loosening by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 03:47 AM

I have been regularly tuning a particular Vertegrand K for a few years. Unfortunately, this piano is about the most difficult piano that I deal with to render the treble strings. I can never really finely tweak strings, and getting near to a fine tun
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading and large intervals by ZikO @ Yesterday at 03:45 AM

I am actually learning a piece and trying to play from notes. This is probably not the Sight Reading as I titled this post. My apologies for misconception. I would simply like to avoid this common habit of watching my hands. I consider playing piano
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: no parents allowed by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 03:44 AM

Hmmm... I'm Greek, living in Greece, having lived in the UK for several years (older members know this, but perhaps the OP doesn't). I'm also a male teacher. I, usually, do not allow parents in. It's not that I forbid them to be there, but I recom
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ibach baby grand by Mark R. @ Yesterday at 03:32 AM

Jenny, I can't tell you much, except one piece of advice. While Ibach was indeed a venerable manufacturer, in the 1980s - 90s they out-sourced a part of their production to Korea. I'm not sure how to recognise these instruments, but I have heard rep
Jump to new posts Re: taking lessons on a very heavy grand. is it time to upgrade? by enzo.sandrolini @ Yesterday at 03:23 AM

Hello I had exactly same problem when I started to take lessons on an upright piano very heavy, different from a 'classic' DP (whatever is the brand..Roland, Kawai etc, as I have tried many of them) Finally, I have chosen the Hybrid way (because, in
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking for Advice by lunobili @ Yesterday at 03:19 AM

I am a foreigner living in Japan as well. I do not have much to suggest to the OP, but I can give some context to the other people reading this thread. I realize that what I am about to say will sound like a huge generalization, but I do not have the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this piano worth restoring? Has it been restored before? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 03:07 AM

Look at the first picture.
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on choosing a DP by jaxemer11 @ Yesterday at 02:50 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by pinkfloydhomer @ Yesterday at 02:48 AM

I would like to respectfully add that Mario Igrec's "Pianos Inside Out" has a paragraph on unison detuning/coloring. So I guess, at least for him and maybe others, the matter is not so cut and dried. In my own case, I just try to tune them
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on choosing a DP by jaxemer11 @ Yesterday at 02:42 AM

[quote=pwl]jaxemer11 - Where are you located? [/quote] I live in Utah.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts The Godfather movie theme by Danijelcro @ Yesterday at 02:30 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ximfxq_fxl0
Jump to new posts taking lessons on a very heavy grand. is it time to upgrade? by littlebirdblue @ Yesterday at 02:28 AM

So, my DD is almost done with the Faber Primer books except for the Gold Star Performance Book. She's been hitting a few ghost notes here and there when playing her recital pieces for her teacher but I thought it was just her. Today, I took my firs
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 02:17 AM

That was clever earlofmar! Jane is great. For my piece, I found a video lesson by Josh Wright, and it was well worth the money, even if I will probably end up shaping the melody a bit differently.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Information on a used Fandrich and Sons grand piano by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 02:02 AM

Welcome to PianoWorld. These pianos pianos are indeed highly recommended but quite hard to find one. Especially in Canada.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by littlebirdblue @ Yesterday at 02:00 AM

I'm back. I had my first lesson with my teacher. I brought 3 method books with me. We're skipping book 1 but we'll be going through book 2. This week's homework is Brahm's Lullaby since I didn't know how lead sheets work. Her priority for me is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How's this for service? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 01:52 AM

Not offended at all. Having two ladies trying to teach me I have to be careful not to show any favouritism, of course. I got a black paint pen to touch up the Kawai I have here. I used that to draw a staff on the whiteboard of one of them. That mean
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Op. 10, No. 1 for small-to-medium hands by sking @ Yesterday at 01:47 AM

The black key mini-jumps LOL? I play 5212 for E flat, B flat, E flat and C, and so on in measure 30. Then, in measure 31, I play 124212421242124, and then in measure 32, 5212, and so on... Get the idea? I don't follow your fingering for 30,31. I ju
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: lunobiliI agree with earlofmar, it would have been interesting. I would have also liked to know how much piano experience you had before trying the first exam. Luca You don't need any experience at all. What you need is to u
Piano Forum
From the picture I could not say whether the uprights on the lyre are turned or not.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Ibach baby grand by Jennymomofboys @ Yesterday at 01:11 AM

I found a piano that I want to look at. It's an Ibach, manufactured between 1990 and 1995, baby grand. I found an old thread here and Ibach is a small quantity, German, high level brand. This person is moving and is asking 8500, but needs it gone
Page 18 of 31 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Interview with Leon Fleisher
by vlhorowitz
10/01/14 04:27 AM
by vlhorowitz
10/01/14 04:26 AM
by vlhorowitz
10/01/14 04:26 AM
First sonata
by amt976
10/01/14 03:38 AM
Is it necessary a classic base to play virtuosic jazz ?
by Nahum
10/01/14 03:18 AM
Who's Online
72 registered (alexbergauer, Barly, AliAlkhiro, amt976, Anne H, 14 invisible), 1028 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76384 Members
42 Forums
157911 Topics
2319093 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission