Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
104 registered (anamnesis, Ahmedn1, AndrewJCW, 36251, agraffe, 22 invisible), 1118 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by gooddog @ Yesterday at 02:19 PM

No, you haven't missed anything. None of us knows this year's schedule. They will be emailed soon. The offered classes, as you probably already know, are on the website. We're all waiting with excitement.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Problem of Kawai mp11 by JoBert @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

This definitely sounds like a broken piano. I would contact Kawai support.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by JoBert @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor <Recording> (arranged by Jan Koláček)Greensleeves <Recording> (arranged by Jan Koláček)Träumerei <Recording> (by Robert Schumann, No. 7 in Kinderszenen, Op. 15)El Condor Pasa <Recordi
Adult Beginners Forum
Johan B, did you buy cut roses or are you planting roses. Years ago we had 30+ rose bushes in the ground and in pots in our yard, plus a climbing rose that covered part of the roof with red roses. Now I have 1 rose bush in a pot.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why music, when you can improv? by gooddog @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By EldridgeThe name of his tenth improvisation provides the most honest appraisal, both of his music and his poetry: "The Sound of My Wind." Eldridge, he is so wrapped up in his self-adoration, I don't think he gets your
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How big are your hands? by Fugue14 @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

I can easily reach a tenth in both hands.
Adult Beginners Forum
Instrument aside, I think your goal is impossible or nearly so without a couple or a few years of instruction by a good piano teacher and much daily practice. You can't self teach piano and sound good. If you do an easy piano version, maybe two years
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Bechstein in Jerusalem by David-G @ Yesterday at 01:55 PM

In Christ Church, the beautiful Anglican church in the Old City of Jerusalem, I came across a well-kept Bechstein grand piano. If I remember correctly, the serial number was 24332. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the age of this inst
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 F30 Pedal functioning incorrectly by newbert @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

If you end up making the drive back to Barcelona, is it possible to bring along your computer with Ivory on it and try a different VPC1 at the dealer before you walk out the door with it? Or at least try a different VPC1 with the dealer's VST set-up
Piano Forum
I'm going to be in the LA area this week-end. Not sure what shipping costs might be from LA to Phoenix ($800?) but I was thinking of stopping by GL Pianos / "Piano Warehouse" to look at their inventory. One last ditched effort before spendi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Questions About Replacing Piano by newbert @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Yesterday, my tuner/tech took a good look thru my 1904 Fischer upright to assess how much would be involved to bring it fully back to life and maximize its playability. Sadly he informed me that, although almost anything can be repaired/adjusted, a)
Adult Beginners Forum
As is evident, the replies to your question are mostly "go with a weighted keyboard" (which over your current budget) and a few "you can start with a cheap keyboard-just go!" I participate in various hobby forums and when beginne
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 01:41 PM

As someone looking forward to his first trip to the VCM adult program, I'm a bit concerned that I haven't heard anything from VCM since they acknowledged my registration. I see people talking here about schedules and events and classes, but I haven'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By beet31425The problem isn't the topic per se; it's what's being done with it. But how about what's being done with what's being done with it? I think this is a good thread.
Piano Forum
Enjoy playing your new piano, and in two weeks, or anytime thereafter, you can have your tuner come to tune it. Many people wait longer than two weeks because the piano is in relatively good tune. It's up to you.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by gooddog @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By JazzyMacYes I saw that part on the application about experience level, but as a true-beginner, it's difficult to say. Learning a piece, and learning it "well", are two different things. Perhaps if they asked for video
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

No, tempering means softening. It is a method of tuning which softens the harsh intervals that result from the combination of pure intervals. Tuning does not necessarily mean setting pure intervals, so a piano can be tuned and tempered at the same ti
Adult Beginners Forum
Another option is to find a used keyboard (Craigslist ?) with touch sensitivity.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By toyboy[...]Has there ever been suggestion of splitiing this thing into two different groups - one strictly for technical/practice/performance questions and the other to discuss the actual music/compose
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Montage by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By Dave Horne Hmmm, calling it simply marketing suggests it doesn't have value to the player perhaps... maybe better to clarify that. For me, playing a digital keyboard, it doesn't have value. If you like it, great. Again, sinc
Jump to new posts Re: USB Cable influence? by toddy @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

It is a little surprising that there is a diference between usb2 g usb3 especially as the audio.interface in usb2. I tried both with my Behringher interface but there was no improvement with usb3. However, my old m-audio 2496 works well with a cheap
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why music, when you can improv? by Nahum @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

Don't you think that your improvisation can be reduced to 1 minute, 7 seconds, and the rest - noodles?
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Montage by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By NotaBeneOne thing is absolutely true though, for a Japanese firm, the first move after the Fukushima disaster, and in a world where more and more people will have hard days paying their electrical bill in the years to come, to di
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano by rXd @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Tempering and temperament are euphemisms for putting out of tune and are the opposite of tuning which means putting in tune.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why music, when you can improv? by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 01:15 PM

Just wanted to say, I noticed the terrible personal tragedy that you mention in there, sort of hidden enough that I think most people wouldn't notice it. I'm even hoping you didn't mean it and that it was just metaphorical or some such, but I have a
Page 18 of 27 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Clavinova Troubles
by StartwithBach
05/29/16 08:58 PM
Dave Frank/Pat Martino duo - Lean Years
by Dfrankjazz
05/29/16 07:45 PM
Bösendorfer 200 disklavier—is this E3 PRO?
by Corvus
05/29/16 07:09 PM
ear training
by Sylwek
05/29/16 02:03 PM
Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement Notation Question
by JBR
05/29/16 01:55 PM
Forum Stats
83,809 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,018 Topics
2,529,064 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission