Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
75 registered (Anwar, alwatson, BachToTheFuture, Arty Movie, 16 invisible), 1625 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Jeff Clef... If all that doesn't move you, then try to find out the makers and models of the new, smaller grands that Del Fandrich has designed. He has significantly improved the breed. Great idea. Check out the Walter 175 gran
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New AB: my story... need advices from experts! by Charles Cohen @ 01/16/17 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By bennevis . . . You can stay being a 'musical theorist' but a beginner pianist forever - or you can keep working hard on your piano playing for the next several years to become the pianist you want to be. If it's the latter, sta
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by PianogrlNW @ 01/16/17 08:14 PM

My 2nd piece for 2017, To a Wild Rose. 1. Dave Brubeck - Nocturne, Going to Sleep (SoundCloud) 2. Edward MacDowell - To a Wild Rose (SoundCloud)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by TomInCinci @ 01/16/17 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By TomInCinciAs a student, I see a lot of things here that are painful to read. But I read them and try to learn from them. Some of you I wouldn't be stuck in a room with for love nor money, and I'm pre
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Questions that ask about "what is the best" are tough, since often every answer is equally valid -- my favorite is truly my favorite as is your favorite truly your favorite, and can often devolve into rants or arguments. The only thing that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano or Synth. by Charles Cohen @ 01/16/17 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By David FarleyThere are all kinds of really great synths available on iOS, particular for iPad, if you want to go that route and hook something up to your existing keyboard. I'm not sure if you can route sounds back through speaker
Adult Beginners Forum
Play your simple pieces beautifully and with perfect technique.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by Gary D. @ 01/16/17 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By Gary D....What you students can't get through your heads is that your "advice" is incredibly condescending. Oh, I hear that. At work I often get advice from 4- and 5-year-olds. The bottom
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by Gary D. @ 01/16/17 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By TomInCinciAs a student, I see a lot of things here that are painful to read. But I read them and try to learn from them. Some of you I wouldn't be stuck in a room with for love nor money, and I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Beginner! by earlofmar @ 01/16/17 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By WilliamMc I'm hoping this forum would be a good place to ask the questions I'm going to have. I already have a very basic question regarding counting. welcome, what is the question?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New AB: my story... need advices from experts! by earlofmar @ 01/16/17 07:53 PM

unfortunately for the beginner, from time to time it will often feel like wasting money taking lessons. On one level the pieces sound easy but on the other the fingers/hands/body and mind refuse to take all but glacial steps forward. The poor teacher
Jump to new posts Re: How far can technology go on digital piano by David Farley @ 01/16/17 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By Goss I think that is what comes to mind with most people when one mentions one has a digital at home.. [video:youtube]https://youtu.be/AQmQ0B4xLJU[/video] Tex and Edna Boil - so come on down!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP8-II or VPC1? by Kawai James @ 01/16/17 07:41 PM

lophiomys, I appreciate what you're trying to say, however I believe you're incorrect. Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP8-II or VPC1? by Kawai James @ 01/16/17 07:40 PM

Mr Zaxels, I have an MP8II at home (connected to my Nord), however I never use the built-in sounds or MIDI controller functionality (beyond the keyboard action), so given the choice would replace it with a VPC1 in a heartbeat. However, if possible,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does the accidental apply? by PianoStudent88 @ 01/16/17 07:38 PM

Isabelle, an accidental (that is, not in the key signature) only affects the pitch it's on, not other notes with the same letter name in different octaves. This question is also currently being discussed in Pianists Corner.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting Late Beethoven by RubberFingers @ 01/16/17 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By VidI guess I'm doing something terribly wrong. Must be something in the water? Have you tried it?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by WiseBuff @ 01/16/17 07:35 PM

Aloha! Missed one day (January 15)on the return from a wonderful vacation to Kailua Kona, Hawaii. We rented a weighted digital yamaha for a week and when the others were sleeping early in the morning, I was watching the dark turn to light and play
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B3 SG2 Silent vs Kawai K300ATX II Silent by Lakeviewsteve @ 01/16/17 07:31 PM

I've only tried the Yamaha, as they have a few in the Bösendorfer City Showroom in Vienna. They are great to practice on while others are taking their lessons on the Bösendorfer Imperial Concert Grand. It grounds out the noise of the Imperial whi
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Batuhanall of Chopin pieces are easy to memorize and easy to play but SO HARD TO INTERPRET Only if you overthink it.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by Marko in Boston @ 01/16/17 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By squidbotWaiting with bated breath, mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll probably be lame and do some unboxing pics. I'm very newb so I don't know if I'll embarrass myself with a video of me plinking out notes. No such thin
Jump to new posts Re: Studiologic Numa Compact 2 by dtaki @ 01/16/17 07:30 PM

This is basically a weighted synth action with piano-style keys and a heavier weight at the front of the key, rather than a weighted piano action. So it won't be very similar to the Casio Privia series, which I agree are probably the best fully-weigh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New AB: my story... need advices from experts! by keystring @ 01/16/17 07:29 PM

ARPiano, one thing is totally missing in your original post. What specific things are being pointed out by your teacher? For example, might she be telling you to play with a relaxed wrist because your wrist is stiff (if it is)? Might she be stress
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by malkin @ 01/16/17 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D....What you students can't get through your heads is that your "advice" is incredibly condescending. Oh, I hear that. At work I often get advice from 4- and 5-year-olds.
Jump to new posts Re: Problems Recording/Saving Songs On Kawai MP7 by Kawai James @ 01/16/17 07:22 PM

Lots of good suggestion from drewr, even if it turned out just to be a problem with the thumb drive itself. My suggestion was going to be to ensure that you Save the file after recording (including naming the file and confirming the save), otherwis
Waiting with bated breath, mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll probably be lame and do some unboxing pics. I'm very newb so I don't know if I'll embarrass myself with a video of me plinking out notes.
Page 18 of 28 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Program that detects notes?
by Cutestpuppie
55 minutes 5 seconds ago
DP for 6 year old beginners
by SSK
Yesterday at 09:32 PM
Inability to adapt to heavy keys?
by Nicholas Mihaila
Yesterday at 07:21 PM
Dampp Chaser Dehumidifiers in Baldwin M?
by jrcallan
Yesterday at 07:13 PM
An Off Day
by nancyde
Yesterday at 06:10 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,274 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,830 Topics
2,589,467 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission