Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
105 registered (al reds, augustm, anamnesis, bams, 27 invisible), 1521 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Jeff HaoOriginally Posted By ShiroKuroQuote:It is a word game worked out for that occasion to catch eyeballs. So it's like clickbait.... That's not very nice. Admitted. This goes with an excerpt from another post. Originally
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Ralphiano @ 08/29/16 07:53 PM

Somebody PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE come and take my computer away from me! I cannot stop listening..... I need to eat, and work, and do other stuff, too!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Steinway B 1903 by Bob Lewis @ 08/29/16 07:49 PM

Restored about 20 Years ago.PERFECT board with great projection ThePianoStore.com
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by Miguel Rey @ 08/29/16 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By Logan AveryThere's a Samick in my area I might check out, it's at a pretty good price... Thoughts on the Samick? I don't think I have played one yet. My guess is you should have been looking for a piano in this tier from the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization Exercise by Scordatura @ 08/29/16 07:44 PM

Hi dogperson, I'm only familiar with Chaffin's study from the various papers - many of which begin with the title "Practicing Perfection" - and not from his book. So I'm most grateful to you for your mention of its more broadly encompassin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by Miguel Rey @ 08/29/16 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By Logan AveryThere's a Samick in my area I might check out, it's at a pretty good price... Thoughts on the Samick? I don't think I have played one yet. After such a spirited debate !
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spinet piano the red headed step child by kennyz @ 08/29/16 07:32 PM

I've never strip muted a spinet before. I use two papps mutes and just work my way down, leap frogging one over the other. It gets easier the more you do it! Papps mutes are the way to go on smaller uprights, if you don't have any you'll want to
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts best scanner app for iPhone/iPad by ShiroKuro @ 08/29/16 07:31 PM

I know this has been discussed here, but my search didn't bring up the info I thought I'd find. What scanning apps do you use? Is there one that you use for music and also for documents? I don't mind if it's free or not (as long as not-free is under
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization Exercise by dogperson @ 08/29/16 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By ScordaturaHi Sam, The tactics you've described make really valuable reading. They correspond to several observed by the music-psychologist Roger Chaffin in his study of the memorizing tactics used by a concert-pianist (Gabriela
Pianist Corner
The sonatinas of Schubert and Dvorak are nice and not too demanding.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts A Ride On the Wind by Polyphonist @ 08/29/16 07:17 PM

http://picosong.com/zmBV/ Think of yourself as a bird, soaring high above the countryside.
Jump to new posts Re: Spinet piano the red headed step child by HelloMrZebra @ 08/29/16 07:04 PM

I was making a joke.. No one seems to like working on spinets
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs Yamaha N1 or N2 by Pianoperformance @ 08/29/16 07:02 PM

sounds like Kawai cs is close to that combo of wooden sound board and real keyboard action ..
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by sunnyday @ 08/29/16 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By S. PhillipsThe 2000 piano would be a much better value for the money. Thanks for the input. I think we'll go for the 2000 one.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by sunnyday @ 08/29/16 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By Piano90XA 2000 Steinway be for under $50k sounds like a really good deal. Thanks! It seems more votes goes to the year 2000 piano.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by S. Phillips @ 08/29/16 06:56 PM

The 2000 piano would be a much better value for the money.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by sunnyday @ 08/29/16 06:56 PM

Hi Terminaldegree, We loved the sound of 2000 piano. It is very mellow compared to a new Model B which has brighter sound. The dealer said the sound should be in between after the piano is voiced. $49K is the best he can offer.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by Ed Foote @ 08/29/16 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By joe80 I know Steinway is a great product, and personally I've a lot of respect for them, but does it have to be a Steinway you buy? Greetings, Steinway is a great brand. It is a mistake to assume all Steinways, being hand-b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Op 2, No 1, 1st Mvt. Memory Issue by Raindrops @ 08/29/16 06:55 PM

Thanks Morodiene. This is a very stubborn part for me. Harmonic analysis doesn't help much. I have memorized the left hand. But still can't absorb the right hand and the combination of RH and LH including when the "Sf" parts kick in for bot
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization Exercise by Scordatura @ 08/29/16 06:54 PM

Hi Sam, The tactics you've described make really valuable reading. Most correspond to ones (among others) observed by the music-psychologist Roger Chaffin in his study of the memorizing tactics used by a concert-pianist (Gabriela Imreh) over the cou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by sunnyday @ 08/29/16 06:51 PM

Hi Joe, Unfortunately both $41k for a 30 year old piano and $50k for a 15 year old piano are good deals where we live. Model B is hard to find here unless we want to air travel somewhere to look at more or consider a rebuilt one. We're not looking
Jump to new posts Re: Spinet piano the red headed step child by DanS @ 08/29/16 06:50 PM

What exactly do you mean by "red headed step child"?
Adult Beginners Forum
Quote:There might be a number of people who want to play a song or two, but they won't be interested enough to keep shelling out money to buy new scores. Seems to me the market is self-limiting. That is indeed a big worry as a business
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Yamaha DPs: Drop the bass? by Gombessa @ 08/29/16 06:50 PM

Total newbie question... I've got a couple of Yamaha DPs set up (a P-105B and a CP50), and playing through external speakers is really bass-heavy on both--as in the lower notes are so loud that they totally overpower the higher notes. On the P-105,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Simultaneous Keys in Chords by Ralphiano @ 08/29/16 06:40 PM

In order to get your fingers to contact the keys at the very same moment, your brain has to train and practice the maneuver. Repetitions at perfect execution is what your brain needs. To get perfectly executed repetitions, you should slow your pract
Page 18 of 24 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Lounge Lizard -- AAS Summer Sale - $99
by Charles Cohen
08/31/16 10:43 AM
New edition of a biography of Scott Joplin and a review
by Jake Jackson
08/31/16 10:25 AM
delete thread wrong section
by Cutestpuppie
08/31/16 09:52 AM
DIY: Who does your key cover monikers?
by LanceMilton
08/31/16 12:16 AM
side slipping question
by Hi there
08/31/16 12:15 AM
Forum Stats
84,830 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,875 Topics
2,551,869 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission