Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 03:57 PM

@ Atrys: A page or so ago, Vid asked you this question: can you cite sources where scientific knowledge is applied to piano technique and pedagogy? Your response was to refer him to a Wikipedia page listing whatever scientific journals random people
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: careyNo - that's simply how YOU apparently choose to perceive and classify them. Nope. It is a factually correct statement to say that these sorts of people are ignorant. It's not only my opinion, it's also a factual claim to t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Where is the new blood? by Markarian @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Before I begin I want to preface this by saying that I intend this to be a civil and insightful discussion, and that I bring this up with only the utmost respect for those who have provided me help and guidance in my journey to find an instrument. A
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: carey As for artistic pedagogy - many teachers simply teach the same way they were taught That right there is precisely the problem. Of course it is. A no brainer. Originally Posted By: atrys Origin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by AZ_Astro @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

I don't think he is able to post his journal daily. That's all.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting Sound During Restringing by BDB @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: A443BDB, I've seen/played/worked on hundreds straight strung pianos; they are not as rare as your experiences [in your part of the world]. A panacea has nothing to do with the statements that I made. Pianos were once built that
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with MIDI: One question. by 90SITA @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenThat' the one I've used. It's not expensive, and works well. . Charles I've just found one that is almost identical to the one you've mentioned, I better buy that. This one
Jump to new posts Re: tune the bass strings of a baby grand? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: UnrightTooner Here are pictures of the "spanner" that I made and use. I strive for pure 3:1 12th with plain wires and the most resonant octave and 12th with wound strings. That is quite clever!
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting Sound During Restringing by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: A443...piano wire that is 20-50 years needs to be replaced. After about 7 years, it is already about time to change things up if the musical standards are high. The older the string, the more falseness creeps into the overall so
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with MIDI: One question. by 90SITA @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

Thanks for the fulfilling reply, I'll check the manual, doesn't sound hard at all, thankfully.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by petes1 @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

It's back at Kraft Music, and I just today ordered one to be delivered. Now to work on how to explain this to the wife....
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

Up until now I have only been playing pieces from each of the four books that makes up the Older Beginner Advanced series for each level. I will generally be assigned two pieces from the Lesson book, one from the Performance book, a couple from the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Ataru074"perfect technique", if such thing did exist, would equate in the ability to perfectly translate what is on the page and what is in your head about the musical message. It will probably produce an uproar at th
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" --- NEW THREAD by petes1 @ Yesterday at 03:45 PM

USER LOCATION: eastern North Carolina MAKE: Roland MODEL: RD-800 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: $$2,325.00 USD DELIVERY CHARGE: Free VENDOR LOCATION: On-line VENDOR NAME: Kraft Music PURCHASE DATE: July 22, 2014
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: carey Perhaps this entire thread has simply been a material happening in my brain I can confirm that it is not, and this thread is indeed real. It exists in a MySQL database outside of your mind... T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fully-Rebuilt Pianos Versus New Pianos by BerndAB @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Quote: and Steinways from 80 to 100 years ago can be rebuilt to their modern day equivalent, meaning that if you have an old model B from 1890, but you want a new model B, you can have your old model B rebuilt to a specification indistinguishable fro
Pianist Corner
Yes. It is perhaps advice that only a small amount of people will truly benefit from in the end (because most of us won't end up performing 30-40 concertos with orchestra in a year), but at the same time, it is simply useful to have worked through nu
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with MIDI: One question. by 90SITA @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: KbeaumontI don't know what is available in Italy, but it should be easy and cheap to find one. I've actually seen similar cables like that around here, hopefully they might have them in my local music shop. I'll stop by tomor
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Saranoya Cite one specific source you think is relevant to your point. Which point?
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: UnrightToonerOriginally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT..... I know it works in my sequence, but is there any theoretical proof that it is valid? The M6/M3 equal beating test and its m3/M3 inversion work just because of happens
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: carey Perhaps this entire thread has simply been a material happening in my brain I can confirm that it is not, and this thread is indeed real. It exists in a MySQL database outside of your mind...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: Vid Just go to all scientific literature in the English language and I will find the answer. No, you won't be able to do that, and you don't need to either. Just perform some searches on some journa
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with MIDI: One question. by 90SITA @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

Thanks!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Atrys None of those things address the physical act of playing. They may help with artistic ideas (which are really just material happenings in your brain), but they won't help with an understanding of the physical act of piano
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: carey As for artistic pedagogy - many teachers simply teach the same way they were taught That right there is precisely the problem. Originally Posted By: carey Not all folks are interested in or capable of doing that. These
Page 18 of 44 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43 44 >
What's Hot!!
U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Concert Grand
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
160 registered (ajames, accordeur, Adypiano, ABC Vermonter, 48 invisible), 1883 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75487 Members
42 Forums
156095 Topics
2292189 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Newbie Needs Help
by PianoJill
9 minutes 34 seconds ago
fingering suggestions, please
by riley80
Today at 11:14 AM
Yamaha P105 for outdoors ???
by musicmad
Today at 11:10 AM
Godowsky, Poem No. 1, "Devotion"
by RachFan
Today at 11:09 AM
Help for Newbie
by PianoJill
Today at 10:18 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission