Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
89 registered (augustm, anamnesis, barbaram, Anita Potter, 36251, 21 invisible), 1131 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different colours by Chris Leslie @ 02/06/16 03:42 PM

Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts green hammers by Chris Leslie @ 02/06/16 03:41 PM

green hammers
Jump to new posts Re: Different colours by musicbased @ 02/06/16 03:36 PM

Thanks for the replies. I know it's a bit unusual,it's just something I was asked about for a project and wasn't sure if it was possible. If the felt was coloured first before the hammers were made it would be less problematic I guess?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Semi-decent stand for my ES7 by suniil @ 02/06/16 03:31 PM

As Mark pointed out, K&M Omega is the best stand we ever used. Not the best to carry around, still can be taken down a bit of effort. Very stable stand, we bought from Thomann - who is a lot cheaper than UK. Originally Posted By GeorgeStorm Th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Estonia ... by Rich Galassini @ 02/06/16 03:23 PM

Well done Bruce. This reminds me of a great BruceD story. The 190 is his second Estonia grand. He bought it here at Cunningham, but when he traded from a Yamaha upright to his first Estonia we left him in a room full of grand pianos so he could e
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by Gene Nelson @ 02/06/16 03:17 PM

Do a google search for dr Russell at Kettering university He has some piano hammer studies Can't recall if it was heavy or light but some good info and maybe a good place to start investigating
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by johnlewisgrant @ 02/06/16 03:15 PM

The two microphones also give distinctly different measurements for the partials/targets of A4 in both Verituner and Tunelab!! Measuring A440 Verituner + Samson (2nd partial/target): 260 Verituner + Apex 220 (2nd partial/target): 170 Tunelab + Sa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Estonia ... by JohnSprung @ 02/06/16 03:15 PM

Not overdone at all. You could compete with Dan Coates. He has a book published by Alfred. You might check with the Alfred company and see what's involved in getting the underlying rights, and what you could make on the side....
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Deep thoughts by JoelW @ 02/06/16 03:13 PM

I don't see a problem with varying levels of difficulty.
Jump to new posts Re: Summers & Son spinet piano question by TeeBach @ 02/06/16 03:11 PM

Thanks for the info Dale. There are no stickers when you open the lid; nothing that would provide any information about the piano other than "Made in the USA" written near the top right corner of the cast. Yes, there's a sentimental reason.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by AZNpiano @ 02/06/16 03:08 PM

I have a similar student, a transfer wreck, with over 5 years of piano "lessons." She showed up today without the books I told her mother to order online. She can't read bass clef. She gets confused by finger numbers. She just HAS to pu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Estonia ... by Retsacnal @ 02/06/16 03:07 PM

Seems to be a unique link to a specific file (which sounds nice, btw).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone a self-taught pianist? by Tobicus @ 02/06/16 03:02 PM

To answer the OP, I'm self-taught, although still very much a beginner. I have a background on the guitar, banjo, ukulele, and most recently, native flute -- all self-taught. However, my goals aren't those of most here; I'm not interested in classica
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Deep thoughts by Steve Chandler @ 02/06/16 02:59 PM

JRoman, for me the reason for writing music is THE most important thing. For me composition is difficult and I work slowly and deliberately (when I'm at my best). In order to keep going I need a strong reason. Like many others I improvise on occasion
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ 02/06/16 02:58 PM

It's been over a year and I'm still struggling to get an hour a day at the piano, sigh. But - the past 3 or 4 years of being able to do that, and practicing wisely, have obviously made a difference. I'm bringing back some of my longer-running tunes (
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Estonia ... by BruceD @ 02/06/16 02:44 PM

I'm having some issues with my Box.com account. Does access to this file provide access to all my files, or is it limited to this one file. I have tried to set up my Box.com account so that only individual files can be accessed with the link. It s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the piece starting at 7:18? by pianoloverus @ 02/06/16 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogLink? Joke? Just added the link...thanks.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Estonia ... by BruceD @ 02/06/16 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung I love it. Is this a published arrangement? John: This is my own arrangement. I'm so glad that you like it, although, with all extemporaneous arrangements, it varies each time I play it. Not too much in the wa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the piece starting at 7:18? by gooddog @ 02/06/16 02:37 PM

Link? Joke?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Semi-decent stand for my ES7 by GeorgeStorm @ 02/06/16 02:31 PM

The keyboard height is currently 66cm and that seems ok to me, so any of the stands linked should be ok in that regard.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Estonia ... by JohnSprung @ 02/06/16 02:29 PM

I love it. Is this a published arrangement?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by too old to learn @ 02/06/16 02:25 PM

Two more from Piano Marvel lessons: 16. Lion Soup 17. Solemn Reflections
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light: Small, inexpensive, battery-operated by JohnSprung @ 02/06/16 02:20 PM

Maybe one of these.... http://gravitylight.org/gravitylight
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by Eric399 @ 02/06/16 02:15 PM

Oh no! This really must be frustrating... My most annoying episode was a girl who started without having an instrument - she said she could practise at a friend's house, which I doubt she ever really did. Every week I asked her if she had an instrume
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Speaking of Estonia ... by BruceD @ 02/06/16 02:15 PM

Here is my 12-year old Estonia 190 (#6046) "singing" one of Jerome Kern's great hits: "All the Things You Are" from his 1939 musical Very Warm for May All the Things You Are (Box) All the Things You Are (SoundCloud) Regard
Page 18 of 23 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Low notes, high volume
by martijn
02/08/16 05:28 AM
Pricing on Yamaha S6
by Sitbon
02/08/16 03:23 AM
Best settings for Galaxy Vintage D
by AlexanderLee
02/08/16 02:47 AM
piano teacher dilemma
by pianofan1017
02/07/16 10:23 PM
Used Kawai
by Graham W
02/07/16 08:55 PM
Forum Stats
82,506 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,334 Topics
2,493,229 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission