Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (ADWyatt, augustm, Bambers, anamnesis, 33 invisible), 1912 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Lacrimoso Waltz by Kalos Piano @ 09/29/16 04:33 PM

very nice composition. Your video got my like.
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: New 1899 Bechstein V ... by wolfgangmeister @ 09/29/16 04:17 PM

Beautiful piano and gorgeous details! Have you had a chance to record its tone after a recent tuning? Look forward to hearing it as well as seeing it. Congratulations and enjoy!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A question by Vid @ 09/29/16 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By andrew382I'm planning restarting the piano and I was curious how long would it take me with say 1 hour a day to get Chopin's Op.10 no.1 under my hands? I feel its wrong to think its about quantity on this one. At most I think
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By pianistjeOriginally Posted By Macy I don't understand that part. Isn't the hammer disconnected from the key mechanism when it hits the bar? So how can you feel anything from the impact against the bar or strings? I can understan
I see, thanks for the info.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A question by phantomFive @ 09/29/16 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By andrew382Originally Posted By phantomFiveIt will take you a year. Or maybe 10 years. Or maybe never. It really depends on you. Do you mean it depends on how much I put into it or my talent or what? I don't get it. It mainly d
Kontakt Player is a free software (I mean 0$)... Then always included in the price. What we have to do is to check if the virtual piano is compatible with this player and here, this is the case (some other pianos only run in the full Kontakt softwa
Originally Posted By NotaBeneQuote:I've thought about replacing my CVP with a silent acoustic for quite a while. My objective would be quite a bit different from most people's reasons. I don't want to play with headphones. I hate playing with headpho
Originally Posted By Thomas BWith a suggested retail price of EUR 249,- it should run inside Kontakt Player (I hope), but the screen shots seem to show the regular Kontakt engine only. According to the manual you linked, Kontakt Player is included in
"I hope" : you can be sure : "Unterschied: KONTAKT-Player oder KONTAKT-Vollversion" (Kontak-Player or Kontakt-fullversion)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stiff action----heavy piano action by Gene Nelson @ 09/29/16 03:31 PM

My approach would be first to check for excess friction at Hammer, whippen and repetition lever flanges as well as the keys at front and balance rails- before looking at regulation issues.
Thanks for the link - I guess we will see some posts here on Saturday! With a suggested retail price of EUR 249,- it should run inside Kontakt Player (I hope), but the screen shots seem to show the regular Kontakt engine only. I wonder what we can
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Stiff action----heavy piano action by James Guo @ 09/29/16 03:14 PM

Can someone tell me the possible contribution of let off, drop, and jack regulation in causing a stiff, heavy weighted action? I hire a technician and he kind of regulate the hammer blow distance and it has no help in the stiff action I have. The ac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano related goals…. by Farmerjones @ 09/29/16 03:08 PM

That's very neat. I thought I was doing good making a homemade stand for my P95.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Stubbie @ 09/29/16 03:07 PM

My lessons seems to be back on a weekly schedule. This is probably good, but I think my more "natural" preference would be every ten days. A week seems so short, especially when starting a new piece! Haydn XVI:35 allegro con brio. Stillll
Piano Forum
Thanks, Robert! I have also heard that player systems can inflict heavy wear if used a lot, but judging by the condition of the piano, it does not look like they used it very often. The player system does not appear to affect the touch at all. The o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Yuja Wang (and Grimaud/Lang) article by phantomFive @ 09/29/16 03:01 PM

The reason she looks good on stage wearing sexy clothes (as opposed to artists who try too hard) is because she acts natural. The reason she acts natural is because she wears that kind of clothes (sexy) in her daily life. The reason she wears those
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Alexander Borro @ 09/29/16 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By aleriqueOriginally Posted By Alexander Borro Like Roland, perhaps Kawai will also need to consider providing external apps that can control piano settings via a smartphone or tablet/PC sooner than later, the VPC1 has got that opt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X Recording by Jason74 @ 09/29/16 02:57 PM

That is lovely. Simply beautiful
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by Farmerjones @ 09/29/16 02:57 PM

I know we've veered off, but providing Morodiene's still interested, I always plug Dr. Keys.com for somebody that wants to just play pop stuff. I started piano in 2013 at age 50. I had previously dedicated over ten thousand hours to violin/fiddle. Wh
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Pocomoto @ 09/29/16 02:49 PM

I don't have an Ipad but I read complaints of users it doesn't allow manual editing touch curve, actually at this point it is not supposed to do anything the non ipad users have available, just a nice interface. What I find weird is the user setting
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stiff action by Robert 45 @ 09/29/16 02:46 PM

Hello James, You may get more information on this from the Piano Tuners and Technicians' forum. Kind regards, Robert.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult Practice Help by bennevis @ 09/29/16 02:44 PM

Here's a well-known saying variously ascribed to Heifetz, Horowitz and Paderewski (and a few others): "If I don't practice one day, I know it; two days, the critics know it; three days, the public knows it."
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Melvyn Tan by PhilipInChina @ 09/29/16 02:42 PM

This includes a very interesting interview with Melvyn Tan http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07w5y6q
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A question by rocket88 @ 09/29/16 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By andrew382Originally Posted By phantomFiveIt will take you a year. Or maybe 10 years. Or maybe never. It really depends on you. Do you mean it depends on how much I put into it or my talent or what? I don't get it. It is both
Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
61 key keyboard just for fun
by dat77
Today at 10:54 AM
The New Fall 2016 Edition of Acoustic &Piano Buyer is Online
by Steve Cohen
Today at 10:42 AM
Russian Themed Recital 2016 - Call for Submissions!
by outo
Today at 07:46 AM
Anyone with a late US Duo Art grand piano? Need help.
by berntd
Today at 06:16 AM
Help identifying / finding Steinway replacement part
by jj1807
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Forum Stats
85,133 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,460 Topics
2,559,491 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission