Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by peterws @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

36 Morodiene 2 2 I didn`t listen in order; I`m a fella . . .Your expertise in this is immediately apparent; another hard one which I certainly wouldn`t have considered! You have an active LH which sounds great. And the ending was quite something
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by Sam S @ Yesterday at 08:29 AM

10 - Richard (zrtf90) - Morning Prayer The simplest things can sometimes be the hardest. But I love how you shaped the phrases with the hymn-like chords. 11 - peterws/pyotr - Op 39 14 FolkSong OK, now you're just freakin' me out with the video effec
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts The Great Pumpkin Waltz by Arizona Sage @ Yesterday at 08:18 AM

Hi all, Here's my attempt to recreate the Great Pumpkin Waltz by Vince Guaraldi. I recorded it on one take and left it as is, flubs and all. I recorded this using my Korg KronosX, sending it into Sony Acid software. I'm just getting my DAW and Sy
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: calling all sound engineers by Deffie @ Yesterday at 08:15 AM

Omnidirectional? Sure, they exist, here's one company (and I'm sure there are others): http://www.duevel.com/home/loudspeaker.shtml Not cheap, although considering the high-end speaker market they don't seem out of line.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to improve Sight reading by TimR @ Yesterday at 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: AZNpianoOriginally Posted By: LarryShoneI've found an app on my phone that displays an octave below a stave. The stave has a note on it and you have to press the corresponding key. Its something I can do each day so it could pro
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by peterws @ Yesterday at 08:06 AM

28 Ganddalf 72 5 Sounds like Mendelssohn . . you give this sensitivity and your usual unique touch. Love to hear you. Great stuff, man. 29 Rupak Bhattacharya 19 4 What is ther not to love about this? The tune and your rendition . . a work of a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: QOTW: Piano faux pas you care to share? by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 08:06 AM

Mr. S-H. Cannot even think about additional stories after that one...still laughing.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching memorization by clarikeys @ Yesterday at 08:06 AM

Thanks for your responses. You are probably right that I am not giving them enough time and that I am backing away from asking my students to work. Between snow days, illness, and a death in the family, I am scrambling to put together a recital. I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: String motion over Vee bar by Olek @ Yesterday at 08:05 AM

You can use this software : 2 channels tone generator with phase shift : (there are 2 versions 32 and 64 bits) 2channels frequency generator Creating a phase shift and looking at Tunelab display, at 440 Hz the tone "seem to" lowers wh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Roy123 @ Yesterday at 08:03 AM

Originally Posted By: BDBNon-existent corrosion resistance? Like, compared to that of iron? There have been spectacular failures of composite materials in piano actions. So for each new material, we have to ask, how do you show that this material wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingernail length and how it affects your playing. by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 08:00 AM

For years I've kept my nails short-short and still would have trouble with them splitting or breaking. For the last six months I've gone to the salon (bad influence from my daughter) and enjoyed a pedi/mani with gel polish on the nails...they now gr
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ernesto Nazareth - Eponina by Inlanding @ Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Andy!!! Thank you for your comments on Eponina. The recording is not the most recent, but it seemed the most cogent of the lot. At some point, it would be great to tackle some of Nazareth's more spirited and complex rhythmic compositions. I am work
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Woohoo, 100 playbacks of my recording. I never had an audience THAT big!
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Yamaha Advant Grand N1 owners by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 07:50 AM

Update: I have continued to experiment with the entire "holding a key down and then pressing the sustain pedal" method and I continue to get inconsistent and strange behavior, at least to my ears. Now I have never owned a grand piano, so p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by Greener @ Yesterday at 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90I'm slowly downloading these to burn onto a CD. I don't really have the time while I'm at the computer to go through the recital on the streaming player and prefer to do most of my listening in the car. As the zip files ha
Jump to new posts Re: Is FATAR the best keybed makers by jarosujo @ Yesterday at 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By: MVshabeer2Is FATAR the best keybed makers? I've seen kurzweil using there keybeds, Are they durable. What makes you think so ? I tried few Fatar actions and didn't like them at all. And it looks to me that majority of people
Jump to new posts Re: String motion over Vee bar by Olek @ Yesterday at 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTNice. Listen to my video on beats. (I think you have, eh?) In the middle, I have two computer generated tones at 440Hz. I had thought two tones at 440 would produce a louder 440. I was confused to find that s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's in a Name? by Frankni @ Yesterday at 07:30 AM

My Sauter is just a baby almost fresh from the womb (a big baby nevertheless). I haven't thought about a name yet, to be honest, nor did I determine its gender. Since it was created for me, I could just perhaps impose a gender on it, and I wouldn't
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by peterws @ Yesterday at 07:23 AM

22 Earlofmar Dolly is ill! I`m assuning "Dolly" is in fact a doll since these songs were written with youngsters in mind. She doesn`t feel her best, does she? Will the tablets work? The dquack is shaking his head. Grave prognosis . . Yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Chopinís Ballade 1 by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 07:22 AM

Hi Richard, Originally Posted By: zrtf90Originally Posted By: chopinoholicLast night I started practising the ballade. I'm planning to start with...Hmm? Weird sentence, I agree... Originally Posted By: zrtf90Originally Posted By: chopinoholicH
Jump to new posts Re: String motion over Vee bar by Olek @ Yesterday at 07:13 AM

The slow pull is giving more control as the high tension wire is more reactive and have less friction. A good part of the job is done with the double stroke, to be sure to keep the wire free (one strong and one soft). Not necessary for all pianos,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts A question about app.box by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 07:08 AM

Most member's recordings on here are uploaded using app.box which I'd never heard of (I use SoundCloud and SoundClick) Now whenever I click on one from my device I have to download it to play it. Is this the same if you are a registered user? I like
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chorales for CATS by custard apple @ Yesterday at 06:31 AM

Hi CATS I've just started learning Michel Legrand's beautiful "You Must Believe in Spring". Bill Evans harmonizes the melody using exquisite voice leading. The transcription can be found in "The Artistry of Bill Evans". Here I
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Galaxy Vintage D through Avantgrand by enzo.sandrolini @ Yesterday at 06:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Pete14" Some have complained about a "noise-gate", or the end result simply not being very convincing when running virtual instruments through the AvantGrand's on-board speakers. We already discussed this point
Jump to new posts Re: My experience from Grand piano, to Digital Piano, to Upright by enzo.sandrolini @ Yesterday at 06:24 AM

I agree with PianoBoenna the sound of the AG through speakers is really good Since I have one N2, I am more than happy and no more looking for other thing I think in my situation (flat with neighbourds and little space), it is the best I can have. Go
Page 18 of 36 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
81 registered (angelsong, bkw58, bennevis, 36251, branchpoint, 23 invisible), 1298 Guests and 35 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153538 Topics
2250133 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
04/18/14 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
04/17/14 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
04/17/14 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
04/17/14 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
04/17/14 10:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission