Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
142 registered (255, accordeur, adrienschmitt, ajames, Adelheid, Ahmedn1, 47 invisible), 1517 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by raubucho @ Today at 03:55 PM

I've been traveling and have missed my piano and the 40 pieces challenge. I'm happy to be back and applaud everyone's progress.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Gers76 @ Today at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By Lester BurnhamOriginally Posted By Gers76Hi everyone. How does the GP500 compare to the Kawai CA97. I have tried them both but it was in different shops and I can't quite decide. Can anyone advise me? I really think you need
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by raubucho @ Today at 03:49 PM

Bear in mind that, from your description, you have now "practiced" (repeated) that mistake innumerable times. You have learned it, and that is why your brain goes continues to commit the mistake. You must unlearn it. To unlearn it, you mu
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Gers76 @ Today at 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By Gers76Hi everyone. How does the GP500 compare to the Kawai CA97. I have tried them both but it was in different shops and I can't quite decide. Can anyone advise me? Which piano did you prefer
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 118 6 Piano Pieces by Pathbreaker @ Today at 03:37 PM

One of my favorites, thanks for posting! From the first few bars I realized that I needed to cancel my plans for the next 22 minutes. The first piece in A minor is such a fascinating opening to the set. Something magical about this piece that I thi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by guyl @ Today at 03:35 PM

I remember reading about a lab test where people had been brought in to listen to an audio oscillator tuned to exactly 1 kHz. They were then brought back literally months later and asked to set the oscillator to the frequency they remembered hearing.
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft 275 Half pedaling by stamkorg @ Today at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By toddy It looks to me as if JoeT has given the exact reason for what you're experiencing. You could change the curve (or period schedule) to suit your pedal. Please can you explain further? I see in Pianoteq that my pedal acts
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:28 PM

Another thing that has helped me in the past is simply to put the problem piece aside for a month or two. Give yourself some time to forget, and you can forget the mistake. Start again very slowly and carefully when you do....
Piano Forum
I wanted to give a shout out to esteemed forum member Rich Galassini and the great folks at Cunningham Piano in Philadelphia for sponsoring our incredible afternoon with guitar legend Pat Martino this past Sunday. Rich provided me with a SPECTACULAR
Originally Posted By KridlatecOriginally Posted By dmdOriginally Posted By KridlatecListnening to their Chopin's Nocturne demo and comparing it to real recordings is enough to make all conclusions about sampled pianos) Possibilities to sing melody (t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by ebonykawai @ Today at 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftSlow way down. Go really slow. Then stop right before the place where the mistake happens and think before playing. Be sure to repeat correctly several times and always end your practice on a correct repetition. YES! E
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by Forrest Halford @ Today at 03:05 PM

stopping as a helpful remedy.... identify the exact spot (you've done that) start a predetermined distance before the spot stop on the note before the trouble AND KEEP HANDS ON THE NOTE YOU STOPPED ON! Think about what happens next in detail (which
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Resource on Learning how to play by ear by johan d @ Today at 03:01 PM

I think by recognizing the notes in relation to a key. I find this a great learning tool myself. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kaizen9.fet.android&hl=nl some reading... http://www.miles.be/articles/28-contextual-ear-training
Adult Beginners Forum
If you look at the recitals I have participated in, I play everything except Einaudi. Hasn't hurt me any. I wonder why have we have never had an Einaudi recital? Sam
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 vs. Roland V-Piano by euphoria @ Today at 02:52 PM

I played both of them, this is a matter of taste. I can say that for the action - kawai felt for me more realistic. it was hard decision because i also liked the sound of the v-piano. I ended with MP11 and decided that I can always buy VSTs in th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by INBoston @ Today at 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By keystring Say your passage is C, D, E, F, G, and your problem note is G. Play and practice G play and practice F, G, keeping mindful of that G and the movement into it play and practice E, F, G, keeping mindful of that G and the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by Rickster @ Today at 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By DoccIf the piano comes from the factory bright and loud, and has to be voiced to mellow, how long does such a voicing last or does the piano revert to its basic factory voice in a short time, requiring multiple repeat voicing sup
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm the same! I practice a little of everything every day: sight reading, classical, jazz, technique, ear, improv. It keeps things interesting and it's very effective, although it takes quite a bit of time to do everything.
Jump to new posts Re: Using someones Synthogy samples by rychubil @ Today at 02:31 PM

I supposed that could be very difficult and tricky. Unfortunately we live far from each other and it won't be possible to do. Any way thanks for clarification guys
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by keystring @ Today at 02:29 PM

Here's something I learned to do. Ofc it works better for establishing the right thing in the first place, rather than fixing it after it's become engrained. Play the problem note with the correct finger. Concentrate on that finger, the note, the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By PlowboyBeethoven goes to heaven, Mozart comes from heaven. Interesting. they're both visiting God Bach though Beethoven thought it'd be Handel
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By Isabelle1949I find it hard to pit one against the other. I love both too much. Mozart wrote some cool songs but beethoven wrote fur elise. That pretty much tips the scales
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by pyropaul @ Today at 02:27 PM

Yet there are people here who say they cannot name notes played without reference. So there are two types of people: those who can name notes, and those who cannot. Do you at least accept that classification Bill? If so, what is the difference betwee
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By wrOriginally Posted By Isabelle1949And, Beethoven was deaf while still composing!!! How does that happen? Same way it can happen for composers who aren't deaf - imagine some music, and write it down. they will end up with sam
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Now when I make mistakes in music I learned when I was a teenager, I remember a Murphy's Law corollary: experience allows you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 23 24 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai CS-X1
by EssBrace
05/25/16 04:37 PM
Cunningham Piano/Dave Frank- Pat Martino master class 5/22
by Dfrankjazz
05/25/16 03:21 PM
Resource on Learning how to play by ear
by sonhnguyen
05/25/16 02:04 PM
Waldorf blofeld
by Edb123
05/25/16 01:48 PM
Using someones Synthogy samples
by rychubil
05/25/16 01:45 PM
Forum Stats
83,748 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,924 Topics
2,527,647 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission