Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
113 registered (Anita Potter, accordeur, anamnesis, 37 invisible), 1471 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway k-52 by BDB @ Today at 08:30 PM

I reserve judgement about people's tuning ability until I have heard a sample. I have posted one, but I do not recall your ever have. Since you are claiming there is a defect, how often have you been able to get the manufacturer to correct it under
Pianist Corner
Beethoven almost certainly didn't give a dam* about what his patrons thought about his music - he just wrote what he wanted to write . But composers living under duress like Shostakovich had to resort to subterfuge to write what he wanted to writ
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Anita Potter @ Today at 08:24 PM

@casinitaly There are a few upright pianos at work and one of them the bench looked really low. I might actually have to sit at it to see then I'll look at the one on one of the other floors to see if it's the same way. If I can't figure it out tha
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Korg SV-1 by voxpops @ Today at 08:04 PM

DaveBB, I had a very similar experience to yours. On my SV-1 the note cut-off was very noticeable in the bass range and affected EPs as much as APs. It was the primary reason I sold the SV - it was no use in a solo or exposed situation. However, I lo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by Inlanding @ Today at 08:03 PM

A wonderful recital, thank you, all, for your music. Thank you for your direct comments on my submission - I am grateful you took the time, AnneH, SwissMS, AZ_Astro, jotur, Amaruk, peterws, Riddler, casinitaly, Peyton, jazzpt, torquenale, JimF, AndyP
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning on a digital by TimR @ Today at 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: John v.d.BrookOriginally Posted By: DazedAndConfusedIt is not easy to judge how you are playing when you are in the moment but listening back to a practice session on an iPod as I commute, I hear all sorts of details that I know
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by ando @ Today at 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerYou all seem to have this figured out. Except you don't factor in the things I wrote, or provide alternatives. Yes, I could go to Hamburg or similar, but it's not like it's just around the corner. Also, I would be
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: questions about tuning the top octave by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 08:00 PM

musicalman, Do you also hear poorly tuned notes at the very low bass? Are you judging the intonation in the treble via beats? The extremes of the piano compass are often poorly scaled and made. Ambient noise can also introduce added problems duri
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Sand Tiger @ Today at 07:59 PM

It is good to see so much activity on the thread. Kudos to all. Week 141: I continue my fall "hibernation" phase with not so much time or energy for piano. Many days are 20 minutes of piano time, down from an hour. My schedule becomes more
Jump to new posts Fair Price for Roland HP-508 by MarkF786 @ Today at 07:54 PM

I'm looking to buy a Roland HP-508 and want to have a target price in mind before visiting the local shops and negotiating. I'm thinking 30% off of MSRP is a fair price for buyer and seller, and the first shop who agrees to that will get my business
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning on a digital by bennevis @ Today at 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: bjorn of brekkukotOriginally Posted By: DazedAndConfused[quote=findingnemo2010] A couple of other points: Most of the amplification/speaker systems on home DPs are quite basic to say the least, so it might be worth investing in
Since curiosity killed the cat, and credentials don't really mean crap, let's get back to the topic: piano technology...[doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, dooooo-aaaaah]. OK, so, let's assume the hall/pianist parameters/limitat
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can reburbishing eliminate mold? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 07:49 PM

That salt air can rot the wood of the bridge when the strings rust where they touch the wood. This can also happen to the pin-block when the tuning pins rust. New pin-block and bridge caps are not cheap. Also very few technicians can do this work wel
Jump to new posts Re: Are there usually dp sales in holiday in the US by MacMacMac @ Today at 07:45 PM

If a retailer can put an item on sale at a reduced price on any given day, you can offer a reduced price on any given day. Make your own sale ... and every day can be sale day.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by earlofmar @ Today at 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Edtek 28. earlofmar - Gnossienne No.1: Nice Satie piece. I like his pieces very much, even learned Gymnopdie though Iím not that into classical. BTW, how do you record your VI? Audacity says it doesnít support instrument VSTs
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway k-52 by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 07:38 PM

BDB, Since you claim to be a formally educated logician; I am sure you must know that your feeble attempt at connecting my remarks to the conclusion that I am unable to tune the treble of pianos is embarrassing to you. You didn't answer my question
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmuller GH170R - Update 3 Years Later by master88er @ Today at 07:35 PM

Hi Jonathan: So glad to hear you are enjoying the instrument, and Thank You for the kind endorsement!
Piano Forum
I think I finally found my piano..... A 1996 yamaha c6 serial 5397442. It was purchased locally new back around 1998ish for a lady who played it for a month and then sat until now. The kids traded it on a smaller piano. I played it and really liked t
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P22 tuning instability by rysowers @ Today at 07:31 PM

I see this all the time at the schools I tune for. Interestingly at the end of summer, the last couple of notes leading up to the treble break will be flat and then the next few notes on the treble side of the break will be sharp! The reverse is true
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by earlofmar @ Today at 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: peterwsEdtek Never thought anyone outside Blighty ate Spam. . . but I only find it acceptable if fried. Last time I had that stuff was. . . .50 years ago. I can still taste it now. . . ! our dogs love it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trade Regrets - Barry "Bear" Arnaut by master88er @ Today at 07:30 PM

Thank you for posting this Frank: I knew Bear for nearly 20 years during my tenure with Kawai. He was one of the most genuine, friendly and honest reps I have ever met. His warm handshake and every-ready smile could disarm even the most vitriolic en
Jump to new posts Re: Box.com - account & all files [restored]* by pv88 @ Today at 07:26 PM

[I am posting this note as the issue has been resolved with the box.com account as mentioned below] I now can access the box.com music files via a different browser (i.e., Firefox) as it turns out the issue I had was due to the Safari browser not be
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by rysowers @ Today at 07:26 PM

Quote:[meanwhile]...back at the topic: Your credentials are relevant to the topic, so I was just curious about where your Masters degree in piano technology is from?
Jump to new posts Yamaha P22 tuning instability by beethoven986 @ Today at 07:25 PM

Dear colleagues, I have a client who owns a recently acquired 17 year old P22 that is in great shape, but he has been complaining about the F5 going out of tune (flat) despite everything else being pretty close to where it should be. I have four othe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by zrtf90 @ Today at 07:25 PM

27. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Pastorale / Adagio con espressione Sarabande The Pastorale is lovely, Cheryl. You have the melody picked out nicely and haven't been unduly bothered by the double notes, which do take a lot of practise to settle down. The ba
Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha CP1 Vs CP4 Regardless of Price and weight :)
by Tylor
15 minutes 10 seconds ago
Which part of the chord rests
by Anita Potter
28 minutes 53 seconds ago
Yamaha P250
by Mind Flayer
37 minutes 24 seconds ago
Baldwin Concertmaster tech needed
by daniokeeper
Today at 08:50 PM
Fair Price for Roland HP-508
by MarkF786
Today at 07:54 PM
Forum Stats
77012 Members
42 Forums
159275 Topics
2339770 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission