Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
89 registered (anamnesis, Anita Potter, A Guy, Al LaPorte, ALEXANDER DYKER, 36251, 27 invisible), 1348 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which Treble Mute works the Best? by rxd @ Today at 06:07 AM

They're inexpensive enough. Why not order both and see which comes easiest to you. There's probably a minim order anyway? When I first went to America in the seventies, American tuners were using fiddly bits of rubber wedges in uprights. It all seem
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding on Yamaha CG2 vs Kawai RX-6 by Markarian @ Today at 06:07 AM

There aren't any Yamaha reps on here, so I will just say Kawai is better. Does that help? I personally prefer the sound of Kawais to Yamaha, but again my preference is just that--personal. If a tech blesses the RX, it certainly doesn't sound like a
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by Chris Leslie @ Today at 06:00 AM

Thank you very much Joe for trying using Debian. That is great to know that it really can work on yet another OS. That is a real advantage of Java. Stand by for some improvements, and some bug fixes, suggested by Ryan, Kees and Jeff. Let me know qui
Jump to new posts Re: Which Treble Mute works the Best? by Chris Leslie @ Today at 05:55 AM

I have tried the treble stick mutes and they work ok but the leather ends wear out very quickly. Ok if you can replace the leather regularly. Papps mutes are very versatile and extremely reliable. I was given two by my teacher in 1970 and I still us
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Merry Christmas! by earlofmar @ Today at 05:47 AM

Thanks for the Christmas wishes, I have just been to the company Christmas party so it is beginning to feel a lot like the merry season. This year I have asked Santa (again) for a Steinway, but would settle for a Bosendorfer.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lifetime Piano Tunings with New Piano Purchase? by TotalPianoCare @ Today at 05:38 AM

I've never seen it in print before, but the thought has occurred to me more than once, that fewer piano dealers would ever go out of business if they were to offer a 'lifetime service contract' to customers (aka coordinating piano service through the
Piano Forum
Oh, and while on the topic of cats and pianos, for those of us who don't happen to have a Bosendorfer Imperial, if you can get your cat to purr, then it will produce the same frequencies as the additional bass notes of the Bosendorfer. I prefer a li
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Digital Piano by LarryShone @ Today at 05:20 AM

You might be able to get a casio celviano, which is the same form as that Kawai
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Digital Piano by Markarian @ Today at 05:18 AM

For under $500, you're prett much looking at Casio Privias, which are very good for the price. You also might want to see if you can find a used Korg SP-250. Best of luck!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by AZNpiano @ Today at 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Jytte #3... that depends on how you define 'smart'. No, piano lessons will not raise your IQ, but it will certainly stimulate your brain, enabling you to make the best of what you've got, so you may SEEM smarter than before. An
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a Beethoven sonata by symphonicdance @ Today at 04:45 AM

I did my FT by self-learning earlier this year. I played Bach Partita No 6 in E minor BWV830 and Beethoven PS No 31 in A flat major Op 110. BTW, how fast or slow do you play Franck PAF? You need to meet playing time requirement of 42-48 min. Hind
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mistakes and loss of artistry when recording by CarlosCC @ Today at 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: MeddenThis is very common, it should be expected, and can be easily fixed. When you record yourself, two new things happen: First, you start to think about what will people think of the recording, your mind starts to wander of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mistakes and loss of artistry when recording by CarlosCC @ Today at 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: GreenerIf the material is within solid enough grasp, a little bit of performance anxiety should improve your playing of it. If you practice as if you are always in performance mode your practice will be sharper as well. Then, it
Jump to new posts Which Treble Mute works the Best? by Paul678 @ Today at 04:39 AM

This one: http://www.howardpianoindustries.com/wood-piano-treble-stick-mute/ Or this one: http://www.howardpianoindustries.com/papps-treble-mute/ Or maybe something else? I switch to my smaller wedge mute when I get to the upper keys,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: is it possible for me to learn piano? by CarlosCC @ Today at 04:26 AM

1st question: Sure! 2nd question: It depends on your work, skills, and passion. Have a nice journey!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent need of help to learn Songs by CarlosCC @ Today at 04:23 AM

Today, or Sunday...? Anyway, why do you want to play all the pieces if you are confident in only 2 of them? IMHO, learning a piece under pressure it's not the recommended way to do a enjoyable job, both for you and for the listeners... But I don't kn
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Merry Christmas! by LarryShone @ Today at 04:18 AM

You too Ziko!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting Thesis comparing popular methods by musicpassion @ Today at 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: kcoul058What I would like to do is secure rights to some game/anime/etc music that also breaks out of that traditional stylistic trap, and reinforces how I'd like to make the methods more relevant to modern music enthusiasts who
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Creating schedule of lessons for next term by AZNpiano @ Today at 04:10 AM

Why are you stressing out over three kids? You can make a general announcement to the 3 kids' families that you will no longer be teaching on Fridays. And then move them to a different day of the week. I think that would be better than to reschedu
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Don't you just love..... by peterws @ Today at 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: D7KDennis: KRK Rokit 5 Studio Monitor Two Pack for backup a 250W amp with Bose stuff (4 small speakers and Sub) - I will get enough sound in my small room:) 250watt amp in a small room? Did you mean 25 watts? Hope so. . . .o
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'd like to teach but not sure where to start.. by AZNpiano @ Today at 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: keystringJane, the lengthy discussions on John Thomson may be archived by now - if not they are worth reading. In a nutshell, JT uses extensive finger numbers. That, and the fact that JT assumes every kid is a prodigy and can
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding on Yamaha CG2 vs Kawai RX-6 by musicpassion @ Today at 04:04 AM

You have (at least) two different questions here: used vs. new, and Kawai vs. Yamaha. Yamaha vs. Kawai, only you can decide which you like better. Both make excellent pianos. New vs. used: have an independent tech evaluate that RX6. If he says
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Hi integris, I know exactly how you feel as I have done exactly this research as you some months ago. I own a Steinway Grand and also use digital pianos mainly due to their variety of sounds (also vintage E-pianos) and MIDI capabilities. Nevertheles
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lifetime Piano Tunings with New Piano Purchase? by musicpassion @ Today at 03:51 AM

Just the wording itself is deceitful. 10 years isn't the lifetime of a piano at all. Maybe they're hoping for elderly customers.
Piano Forum
One more thought: Van vs. truck: vans ride smoother than trucks. I've seen piano movers use trucks, trailers, and vans.
Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 ... 28 29 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I just bought a Casio PX-780
by Rozzok
12/19/14 07:54 AM
trill RH: the LH goes too fast
by Lorcar
12/19/14 06:44 AM
Kawai's CS series are hard to find..
by vcsel
12/19/14 06:14 AM
Which Treble Mute works the Best?
by Paul678
12/19/14 04:39 AM
Blubbering and friction
by music32
12/19/14 03:22 AM
Forum Stats
77349 Members
42 Forums
159978 Topics
2349319 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission