Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (AprilE, AZNpiano, Beacon Chris, bnw, Almaviva, 17 invisible), 1861 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

I wanted to thank everyone that commented. My teacher had some comments today after I played for her - there are things I need to fix. You guys should have pointed them out to me before my lesson today, haha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a smaller grand by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

I have a 1950 Baldwin M, and love it, as do most folks who play it. The consensus is the same as you've noted: surprisingly good bass given its scale length, and nice tone across the compass. Your preference for it over a Steinway S is shared by man
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by P W Grey @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

I would say that Rick's assessment is pretty much on the mark. It really is a matter of real world practicality. If we were breaking news ground, so to speak, that's a different story. But much of this discussion is not doing that. Now that I said t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone aware of this? GEWA piano?..... by JoeT @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

I glad to see what might be another worthwhile entry into the digital piano market, especially if it comes without the Clavia Nord price tag. However it might be even harder to get hands on these products. It's already a challenge to test drive non-Y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which method did you use to learn piano? by newbert @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By dynamobtI too was taught with the John Thompson method. I don't remember much theory being taught. But I did learn to count measures, read key signatures and know my sharps and flats. My teacher as a kid did not think I was very
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which method did you use to learn piano? by Richrf @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

Quote:It worked for me, because it emphasised note-reading (introducing basic theory from the start) and technical skill development equally in both hands, with single-note melodies continually being passed between the hands right from the start, but
Jump to new posts Re: Slow hammers by BDB @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Probably. The first thing to do would be a thorough cleaning, starting by tightening all the screws that hold things in place (not adjusting screws!) and blowing it out with compressed air. With an old action, accumulated dirt can cause problems, and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a smaller grand by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

Not enough knowledge to comment on Baldwins and possible issues. The one thing that surprises me is that you think playing on the heavier action will improve your technique. My personal opinion is that heavy actions are a recipe for injury. Could y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which method did you use to learn piano? by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

I started as an adult, and tried to teach myself in my early 20s using the Alfred's books. Some 20 years later I decided to try again starting with the same books. That lead to me getting a teacher and learning more classical repertoire and technique
Originally Posted By sullivangWhat type of connector does the headphones have? Is it one of those new connectors with four contacts, designed for mobile phones? I've got some headphones like that, and I have to position it very precisely in the recep
Originally Posted By John WilliamThe irregular space between keys, in my case does not notice too much, but it's present, it goes against the aesthetics of the piano in general (not a big problem). Thanks for your review. On your photos your piano lo
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-300s Restoration Pics by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By GossAH well - anyone doing the same thing or looking for the information will find it now ^^ Your shame is forever chronicled in the annals of the internet! I respond to dead threads all the time, I think the fact that they do
Jump to new posts Re: Slow hammers by Blues beater @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

The original post states that the problem is much worse with the sustain pedal held down. Wouldn't that indicate the whippens are sticking, not the hammer butts? At least I think that is how my uprights work! Don in Austin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Looking for a smaller grand by P3T3R @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

Hi everyone, I'm a fairly advanced player (I have Bachelor's degree in piano performance) but no longer do music professionally, other than the occasional wedding or subbing in for a church musician. However I still try to learn new music and practi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which method did you use to learn piano? by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

I too was taught with the John Thompson method. I don't remember much theory being taught. But I did learn to count measures, read key signatures and know my sharps and flats. My teacher as a kid did not think I was very special so did not push me.
Pianist Corner
I have an iPad 4 from 2013(?) coupled with forScore/AirTurn and it has yet to crap out on me onstage. It's especially good for volume, so if you do a lot of accompanying, then it's more or less the only way to go. I've also used it for concerti, sol
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help With Sheet Music Please by Sarahdavis121 @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

Hi Bruce, I'm not sure how the rythm should sound (I'll make sure to post there from now on)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Russian School of Piano Playing by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By RichrfOriginally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By MontunoI don't think anyone claimed it is specifically Russian. The title is "Russian School of Piano Playing", the teacher being featured is one I'm familia
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Which method did you use to learn piano? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

With the plethora of 'piano methods' being used today, I'm interested in finding out what method people here use for learning to play the piano, whether as adult beginners (including re-starters, if you re-started from the beginning rather than from
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by Rick_Parks @ Yesterday at 08:07 PM

First, to Jeff: Originally Posted By UprightToonerJust because YOU do not see value in a discussion, doesn't mean there isn't any. Actually, I believe that Peter did not say he saw no value- did you read what you quoted from him?...Here's how he en
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Russian School of Piano Playing by Richrf @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By MontunoI don't think anyone claimed it is specifically Russian. The title is "Russian School of Piano Playing", the teacher being featured is one I'm familiar with and the Russian idea
Adult Beginners Forum
"1) You do not have to be able to read or write music or understand any theory to be an accomplished performer of music or world class composer. (Well there are numerous musicians that prove this is true.)" While this is true....These comp
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by sullivang @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

What type of connector does the headphones have? Is it one of those new connectors with four contacts, designed for mobile phones? I've got some headphones like that, and I have to position it very precisely in the receptacle in order for it to work
Piano Forum
quick tip -- studio size verticals in centimeters are in the 114-118 cm. range, and many model numbers from different makers use those numbers in the model designation. if you have read any of the uniformly favorable reviews of the Charles Walter mo
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone aware of this? GEWA piano?..... by sullivang @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

It does sound like he's saying "eight GB of memory". Maybe he actually said "a gigabyte of memory. Sounds nice anyway. Greg.
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 21 22 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha FC3A half damper midi range
by bboris77
Today at 12:11 AM
Bach Sinfonias
by earlofmar
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
Looking for a smaller grand
by P3T3R
Yesterday at 09:00 PM
Which method did you use to learn piano?
by bennevis
Yesterday at 08:22 PM
Anyone aware of this? GEWA piano?.....
by EssBrace
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,800 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,719 Topics
2,601,859 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission