Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
159 registered (8ude, ajames, Al LaPorte, alerique, amertune, 38 invisible), 1738 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A Modest Interpretation by Michael Sayers @ Today at 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By Michael SayersI very much enjoyed listening although I had to do so "Swiftly"! OMG, I just got this. I was so into the Rick Roll thing that I forgot the Subject title. Very clever sir.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by laguna_greg @ Today at 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Polishook Lady Gaga didn't write Bad Romance (is that what it's called?) hoping that someone else would turn it into a fugue. And Schumann did't compose leider with the hope that Sting would one day turn a few into pop tune
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Two Mic frequency test by prout @ Today at 02:03 PM

Here it is.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Quirky Microphone Inharmonicity Measurements! by pyropaul @ Today at 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By prout I used to think the doppler effect, especially in woofers, could be sensed, but I have not seen any literature supporting that claim, nor have I been able to detect a widening of partial peaks due to woofer cone movement.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
@spanishbuddha: searching "force sensor", we can see some model. (e.g. https://www.adafruit.com/products/166 Here at 7$)... You need 88 of them, and a processor (or a coprocessor) with 88 analog entry. I don't know if this kind of sensor i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is what I am doing beneficial? by dogperson @ Today at 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By INBostonThanks everyone, all good points. Quick question... if you know the melody and have heard the piece played before, does it count at sight-reading? Obviously, I find it easier to sight-read s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group? by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 01:50 PM

I suppose I will make a study group for it! InBoston, thanks for the kind comments on the Nocturne. I actually felt I could have played/recorded it better since I've been toying with it for the past few days and now I play it slightly differently t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pricing on Yamaha S6 by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 01:47 PM

I believe I was quoted 65k to 67k in Canadian dollars for the 2 S6 in our local store. Both were between 6-8 years old and have never been sold. In terms of sound and touch, I didn't find it to be that significantly better than the C6 that I tried.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pricing on Yamaha S6 by sirwormsalot @ Today at 01:43 PM

I am a Yamaha fan but I really don't see all the fuss people make about S6's. To me, Steinway is much better. I feel a bit manic seeing all the praise for this model. Perhaps I am indeed crazy. As far as I am aware, the S6 models don't have the inno
Thank you guys for all your replies, much appreciated. @alerique It would have been the velocity if it had measured the hammer's velocity. My understanding is that the velocity of the key is measured. And this is where the mass gets lost: Both a tin
I did my own stereo test. Using a H2n Zoom in X-Y mode, I recorded A4 and using 1.80secs of the recording (86,400 samples). I analysed the first two partials, one set using a Rife-Vinc 1 window and the other a Hamming window. Rife-Vinc............
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By TwoThumbs I've been using a KORG music workstation for the last decade or more, due to budget and working hours so I'm not familiar at all with the world of higher end pianos)and the bass seemed nice (this was auditioned in a hug
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by wouter79 @ Today at 01:35 PM

I'll check that! >If 100ppm tolerance gives 1 beat in 23 seconds at 440Hz, then, to all intents and purposes, it's bang-on and any kind of calibration will likely not improve this any further. Apparently not so 'bang on', this 23sec beats is ex
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas by BruceD @ Today at 01:33 PM

This may surprise some, but I bought the new Schirmer Centenial Edition in two volumes a couple of years ago (Vol. Nos. 1982 and 1983). This edition is "newly printed" and is based on the original text edited by Karl Päsler and the order
I think alerique has it. By measuring the velocity v, and with a fixed mass, you essentially have the equivalent of the kinetic energy. Besides, is there an off the shelf, inexpensive, reliable sensor that provides a continuous but variable electrica
Originally Posted By aleriqueNormB - you must be quite right in terms of how action works, however as for the resulting sound only the final speed matters, not the acceleration path. So it's quite ok to measure it. How to improve the action is the wh
Piano Teachers Forum
Well IN, The thing is, you come on this forum and ask a bunch of professionals about how their businesses work. They tell you, but you don't like the answers. You are not a piano teacher, or a professional musician. We all have years and even deca
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is what I am doing beneficial? by JohnSprung @ Today at 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By INBostonThanks everyone, all good points. Quick question... if you know the melody and have heard the piece played before, does it count at sight-reading? Obviously, I find it easier to sight-read something if I know the way it's
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By BDB Old Mason & Hamlin grands had straight legs with brass ferrules at the end, rather than the spade legs that your piano has. The underside view of the piano shows that the legs have been replaced. Thanks. I did realize t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by Norbert @ Today at 01:17 PM

Quote: While the response goes beyond the OP's original questions it still is relevant to the value of the instrument. Rich: this applies to every other make as well. But it isn't particularly useful in a case involving one particular piano. Would
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by Rich D. @ Today at 01:06 PM

I realize every individual piano stands on it's own but I see no problem with someone as knowledegable as Rod providing information on the problems he experienced on a similar grand piano from the same manufacturer. While the response goes beyond th
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by ThatAdamGuy @ Today at 01:05 PM

It's been ages since I've done composing, but from what I recall from my work on various keyboard workstations, when overdubbing I'm always presented with options after an overdub like: "CHANGES: _LISTEN_ | _SAVE_ | _DISCARD_" which se
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group? by INBoston @ Today at 01:04 PM

Umm, Michiyo-Fir, I was just going through Recital 40 and have encountered your performance of the Nocturne in Eb Major Op. 9 No. 2. WOW, it was simply beautiful. I love that piece, but at this point I think it is a little above my level. Someday!
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: UpstairsDavid New-To-Me Kawai by UpstairsDavid @ Today at 01:04 PM

Thanks for the good wishes. Fortunately for my checkbook, the piano is on the ground floor. I originally took the username UpstairsDavid because my Casio keyboard, the only keyboard I had then, is in the upstairs home office. Piano tuner is coming
Jump to new posts Re: Quirky Microphone Inharmonicity Measurements! by pyropaul @ Today at 01:02 PM

I guess since piano tones are aperiodic, then there is no "frequency". Of course different microphones will change the amplitude of the partials, but the partials' frequencies will remain the same, though I suppose the "frequency"
Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 25 26 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A pin block question
by Thermodog
02/10/16 02:39 PM
145 progression
by johan d
02/10/16 02:26 PM
UpstairsDavid New-To-Me Kawai
by UpstairsDavid
02/10/16 02:26 PM
Study Group: Gluck Melody from Orfeo (Sgambati)
by Michiyo-Fir
02/10/16 02:18 PM
Study Group: Chopin Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4
by Michiyo-Fir
02/10/16 02:10 PM
Forum Stats
82,532 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,390 Topics
2,493,957 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission