Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
82 registered (Auntie Lynn, AmateurBob, Bambers, AZ_Astro, 26 invisible), 1710 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Jay Roland @ Today at 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By PocomotoAnd why would I want to my brand new high end piano to behave like a primitive instrument from Roland, if the technology is clearly available in the instrument to sound much better as I have already pointed out in my prev
Hi all, New member here. I bought the Roland fp-30 two weeks ago, and had the chance to try both Roland fp-30(at home for 2 weeks) and Yamaha P-115(at store). Many people deem it a matter of taste in terms of keyboard. I partially agree with the idea
Jump to new posts Re: Help Choosing Digital Piano or Keyboard... by Baronkatz @ Today at 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By GombessaEverything is relative. Wooden keys TEND to be the most realistic, because wood is an expensive component so it's usually reserved for higher end offerings, but nothing really mandates that a wooden key is more realistic
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Black Magic Woman by Albert Brighten @ Today at 07:43 PM

Thanks for those! They helped!
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by prout @ Today at 07:33 PM

The es100 manual states that a lightning strike to the power lines can cause the es100 to catch fire. A lightning strike to the power lines can cause many electronic and electric devices to fail and possibly catch fire. The main source pf power to t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Look at my homepage by David Boyce @ Today at 07:30 PM

Beautiful playing Toni. I didn't know any of those pieces. I have plenty of Schumann and Mozart and Schubert recordings, but not four hands repertoire. I wonder whether in light but virtuosic mode you might consider Louis Moreau Gottschalk pieces fo
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by Gombessa @ Today at 07:28 PM

It's main source is literally mains power. It has to be plugged into the wall to operate. It receives DC power from the mains adapter.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by JoeT @ Today at 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By PocomotoYou seem to have an obsessive need to be right about it being 'by design' but the notion that this is a 'bug' or 'issue' or 'anomaly' can simply be rephrased as ok then it is just 'bad design'! And the reason it is bad
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kinderszenen (Schumann): Thoughts? by huaidongxi @ Today at 07:25 PM

clearly, many of the great pianists have been inspired to play and record these works. perhaps they aren't quite as virtuosic as many of schumann's compositions, but there are plenty of technically challenging sections. to a degree, audiences have
Jump to new posts Re: Resolving line noise? by ee375 @ Today at 07:16 PM

Quote:To me it sounds like something broke in your Kawai CN35. Electronics should be able to withstand normal levels of line noise. I agree. Generally DC power supplies have at least one large output capacitor that is selected to minimize ripple and
Jump to new posts Best digital piano headphones by Dscally @ Today at 07:12 PM

Hi All A discussion began in another topic about digital piano headphones. Some users questioned the quality of digital piano manufacturers' own headphones (that come in the box) and said new (I gather high-end) headphones could make a huge differen
Jump to new posts Re: going digital by bonkers @ Today at 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By PianoperformanceI don't think that we would ever know, just that we made the right decision at that time. Reading your journey, you had done what I had done, tried them,reached out to the PW for guidance/qs... and ultimately fol
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get students' names on first phone calls? by Candywoman @ Today at 07:03 PM

It's all worked out. I will have two new students. The mother thanked me for being persistent and calling. We found a suitable time.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Pocomoto @ Today at 07:00 PM

Quote:And it's not true. Back in the days of the Roalnd 4 level multi sample (before SuperNatural) the last velocity switch happened far below 120. And I sincerely doubt that there are separate samples around that level on the instrument in question.
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by Cutestpuppie @ Today at 06:58 PM

If there are no battery then what exactly is inside the es100? what is the main source? Lets pretend my es100 caught fire on its on then what would cause that?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for direction in buying a piano by huaidongxi @ Today at 06:46 PM

steph4, if yamaha uprights interest you, you might read the thread on this forum "Yamaha U1/U3 grey market pianos " these are the pianos you can find in many parts of the u.s. in the $4-5 k. range used, but with a warranty, and the individ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Piano's with Low Bass by Del @ Today at 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By WilliamTruittHere are four more pieces of Paulello's Opus 102 concert grand, played by Stephen Paulello and recorded at his workshop. The pieces are all quiet and reflective and the piano is pretty exposed; by Liszt, Ravel, Debu
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Jay Roland @ Today at 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By toddyThis entire thread is a waste of time that should have used making music that people would like to hear, not fists bashing away at a poor, abused DP. Except that it's not about pounding the keys just for the sake of it. Nei
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by prout @ Today at 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By JoeTOriginally Posted By proutIt seems to be a thread about expecting to use, and not being able to, some capability in spite of the fact that the capability is irrelevant to the creation of music. [...] This entire thread is a w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Digital or Second Hand Upright? by huaidongxi @ Today at 06:09 PM

if you need to play at late hours, there are many upright pianos with a middle pedal that muffles the hammers and strings with a felt barrier. in my experience there is no modestly priced digital that responds to your touch and technique as well as
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by prout @ Today at 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By JoeTOriginally Posted By CutestpuppieHe is so stubborn and said that there is certainly a battery in the Piano otherwise it wouldn't be called 'Electric Piano' An "electric piano" (EP) is a specific type of keyboard ins
Jump to new posts Re: going digital by Pianoperformance @ Today at 05:48 PM

I don't think that we would ever know, just that we made the right decision at that time. Reading your journey, you had done what I had done, tried them,reached out to the PW for guidance/qs... and ultimately followed your gut on what will work for
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by JoeT @ Today at 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By CutestpuppieHe is so stubborn and said that there is certainly a battery in the Piano otherwise it wouldn't be called 'Electric Piano' An "electric piano" (EP) is a specific type of keyboard instrument working similar t
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by prout @ Today at 05:45 PM

Sadly, I cannot find proof that there is no battery in the es100. The other thread on this topic clearly shows that some Digital Pianos have batteries. But - these batteries DO NOT power the piano. The es100 manual states that it requires 7 watts of
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Look at my homepage by TheTuner @ Today at 05:41 PM

Thanks very much for the flowers! And the links, too.
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
An empirical comparison of the Roland Fp-30 and Yamaha P-115
by Nishizawa
09/25/16 07:49 PM
Best digital piano headphones
by Dscally
09/25/16 07:12 PM
Yamaha C6x with Disklavier Enspire
by BK0001
09/25/16 02:45 PM
Does the kawai es100 have a battery?
by Cutestpuppie
09/25/16 02:22 PM
New Digital or Second Hand Upright?
by tdevos
09/25/16 01:55 PM
Forum Stats
85,063 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,332 Topics
2,558,054 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission