Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Morodiene @ Today at 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonOriginally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: puff Yammaha have 'Bad Mister'so: Yammaha Phil (Clendeninn) Hes a good musician and great at explanations but dosn't stray far from the Yammaha (Mofifator) sit
Adult Beginners Forum
Again--just to make sure: NO; there should never be any numbness, pain, fatigue during/after playing the piano. You are doing something wrong; listen to your body! :-D Yes: with time you will recognise the patterns faster and it will not take so lon
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I just can't get my head around temperament! by Ed Foote @ Today at 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryShoneTry as I might I cannot get to grips with "just" and "wolf" tuning. Help! "The piano is an untunable instrument. With only 12 notes in an octave, their combinations (intervals) cannot all be pe
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Marko in Boston @ Today at 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: puff Yammaha have 'Bad Mister'so: Yammaha Phil (Clendeninn) Hes a good musician and great at explanations but dosn't stray far from the Yammaha (Mofifator) site.Not suprised as he's kept very busy
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: The Lark AscendingHi, I'm 37 and I bought a digital piano (px-150) 2 months ago for my daughter. She's not playing much and I've decided to use it for myself a bit. I always loved classical music. I took a month to learn Bach/
Jump to new posts Re: How did YOU get started on software pianos? by rnaple @ Today at 04:55 PM

I started out with recreational radio. Listening to stuff. Then that eventually led me to a really nice high end stereo. I think I got addicted to sound at that time. Then I took a turn for the worse. Experimented with the appeal of digital p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing the piano again by LarryShone @ Today at 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: RicksterOriginally Posted By: Mr.Wolfand than I'd like to discover the world of blues and jazz. I like blues too... I like jazz, but when I try to play a little, I always drift off into blues. And, I like to write/arranged m
Jump to new posts Re: I just can't get my head around temperament! by Withindale @ Today at 04:49 PM

Larry, now you know how to tune equal temperament here's a bit of history from Pythagoras to the accordion.
Jump to new posts Re: I just can't get my head around temperament! by Minnesota Marty @ Today at 04:47 PM

I'm not inviting it, I'm acknowledging that it is rife in this forum whenever the topic comes up.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by peterws @ Today at 04:43 PM

Here`s one that I might have previously posted (can`t remember) but it`s too fast and needs reworking. Trouble is me shoulder`s crocked (gymn) and I can`t play!! Boo Hoo Hence the title o` the piece . . 2 and 3 nearly ready. https://soundcloud
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Morodiene @ Today at 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: puff Yammaha have 'Bad Mister'so: Yammaha Phil (Clendeninn) Hes a good musician and great at explanations but dosn't stray far from the Yammaha (Mofifator) site.Not suprised as he's kept very busy there. Yammaha could afford to
Jump to new posts Re: I just can't get my head around temperament! by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 04:34 PM

Marty, I thought you were "ill tempered" towards "bickering"? Here you seem to invite it.
Jump to new posts Re: How did YOU get started on software pianos? by peterws @ Today at 04:31 PM

I got Pianoteq 4 and a half after listening to you lot. It`s been great fun, and no bother setting up with ASIO4U on an old laptop which is not powerful, but certainly very adequate. Pianoteq is best for recording purposes off pre recorded MIDI stu
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher and Performer by Jeff Clef @ Today at 04:29 PM

My last piano teacher--- one of the better ones I've had--- was also a performer. Since it was possible for me to be somewhat flexible with our regular appointments, it was not so difficult for him to also schedule performances. On occasions when he
Jump to new posts Re: the government and tuning. by A443 @ Today at 04:27 PM

@kc_lee, your license would usually be a city/state issue (in the USA). In many places there are no requirements at all. A printer is nice, but a simple paper or email record trail is also acceptable. I prefer email [only]. If you take work away fro
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber by Withindale @ Today at 04:24 PM

@A443, here in Suffolk, England, YouTube offers only 360p for Kima Mimaki and 480p for Thomas Pandolfi so I'm still wondering about the "wetness" of a room's sound!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by A443 @ Today at 04:19 PM

@EM Deeka, I'd like to share another aspect of music theory. If we were to develop a music theory for violinists--for example--there would be significant emphasis/analysis of how/when notes are raise/lowered to fit their implied harmonic or melodic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by Diane... @ Today at 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoliveDiane, that Bösendorfer has got 97 keys, not 96 Wow! Most impressive pianolive! Congratulations! You caught that! That's what I get for counting the keys too fast!!! but you are correct, it is 97! So then ...
Jump to new posts Re: the government and tuning. by kc_lee @ Today at 04:05 PM

Just to make things clear I do plan on paying taxes. I was just curious as to what everyone else does. I plan on taking a portable printer and printing invoices and such to keep records. I mainly wanted to know about having the license and insurance
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by R_B @ Today at 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoOriginally Posted By: R_B I could get PICKY and say that "long boards" are at least 12 ft long, they float, don't have wheels, but do have sails. I was out last week-end, still COLD in Mass and I was without a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by Pathbreaker @ Today at 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: evamarNot sure this has already been mentioned here, but I quite enjoyed reading it... it actually put some of my worries at rest. http://www.davidnevue.com/pianomyths.htm This is definitely a great read. I'm sure there are
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by puff @ Today at 03:56 PM

Yammaha have 'Bad Mister'so: Yammaha Phil (Clendeninn) Hes a good musician and great at explanations but dosn't stray far from the Yammaha (Mofifator) site.Not suprised as he's kept very busy there. Yammaha could afford to create a new post of Web
Jump to new posts Re: How did YOU get started on software pianos? by MacMacMac @ Today at 03:52 PM

I wouldn't call myself a pioneer but ... I started four years ago on a laptop with the Pianoteq 2 demo (unsatisfactory) and Ivory 1 (with a good Bosie and very good Fazioli). I later added Galaxy Vintage D, Vienna Grand, and Giant; the Kawai EX Pro;
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I think I have a problem by Pathbreaker @ Today at 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Morodiene Also, for long trills where I get to choose the fingering, I like to alternate between 2-3 and 1-3, but not every other, just if I feel things beginning to tighten, but the 1-3 generally feels better because you can do
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber by A443 @ Today at 03:44 PM

@Withindale, as of right now, it seems like you I can only change the setting to 720 from within this context. It is probably best to click on the YouTube icon on the lower right of the screen and view it from the YouTube page. There you can select 1
Page 2 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 ... 36 37 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
154 registered (accordeur, Adam Coleman, 53 invisible), 1630 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153613 Topics
2251380 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Worth buying a new digital piano as a controller?
by slickvguy
04/20/14 05:49 PM
Video clip for classical music?
by Nikolas
04/20/14 05:43 PM
Home speakers for RD700NX: need help!
by PoleStar
04/20/14 05:32 PM
stuff fell through the Kawai K8 fallboard, into the piano
by akita
04/20/14 03:12 PM
How did YOU get started on software pianos?
by doremi
04/20/14 03:02 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission