Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by bennevis @ Today at 06:01 AM

Originally Posted By: gooddogKissen was producing that feeling; was he playing the notes late? She told me about this subtle difference: you can play 1. right on the center of the beat, 2. in tempo but a smidge before the center of the beat and 3. in
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital piano has the heaviest keys? by Digitalguy @ Today at 05:57 AM

Yesterday I went to a couple of music shops to try some digitals and acoustics. I could try the CLP575 with a NWX, which is pretty heavy, heavier than than my digital FP-4F (virtually the same piano as FP50) with Ivory feels g and than the action of
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: AJFI don't like how these forums are moderated. No offense to any of the moderators, I just think the moderators are unnecessary and too much is left to their own subjective judgement. We're all big boys and girls here and I thi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time to change teacher? by keystring @ Today at 05:40 AM

I should not have dashed off a one-liner. Anything simplistic is less than helpful. AndresD, you say: - you're a beginner - you've played on and off for seven years - you've had the current teacher for a year Sorting this out: seven years and &quo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time to change teacher? by Chris H. @ Today at 05:39 AM

Studying with more than one teacher is fine for advanced pianists. When I was a conservatoire post grad I had 4 different teachers over 2 years and learned different things from each. By that time you are technically proficient and fairly sound in yo
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by UKIkarus @ Today at 05:38 AM

I'm pretty sure changing out a hard disk wouldn't void the warranty, that would be daft! while the new drive may not be covered by the warranty the machine as a whole should still be fine as you are not "Opening it up" it's like opening the
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What brand of solid string to use? by Olek @ Today at 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: GrandpianomanSoon to be starting a new project!.....a 1928 7ft Steinway Duo-Art AR-A3 scale (a 6ft4 A in reality)....what brand of solid strings would you recommend for this piano? I will be going with Ari Isaac's Bass strings
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me some Shostakovich by fnork @ Today at 05:31 AM

Doing the 1st concerto later this year, which is a fun piece to play! A friend of mine seems to focus around Shostakovich in his doctoral project, and has already played the two sonatas, the aphorisms, etc etc in concerts. Didn't know the aphorisms m
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Paul678 @ Today at 05:18 AM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprung[ I do some regulation and repair, but tuning is something I wouldn't risk trying to DIY. It's just too easy to get bored and get on the wrong pin and break string. Get Tunelab Pro, and it's pretty easy to tu
Jump to new posts Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by CarloPiano @ Today at 05:04 AM

Hi there! I finally did it, I bought a new laptop with a 64 bit I5 processor (my older one was a 2008 32 bit Pentium M). Of course it works far better in every sense than the older one, including virtual pianos. But the older one has a 7200 RPM disk
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by wimpiano @ Today at 05:02 AM

Come on guys.. this is so lame.. There has never been a big public for classical or at least serious (good) music. Ok, there where some hypes but no, the common man never went to conservatory. In reality a lot of music before NOW was crap, also in th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time to change teacher? by Gary D. @ Today at 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By: A443[quote=AZNpiano] The only thing I have witnessed interfering with the success of the multiple teacher approach, is the overinflated ego of teachers struggling with control issues. How about the competence of all teachers i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by barbaram @ Today at 04:06 AM

Morodienne, so very sorry to read about your loss. Thinking of your and your family at this difficult time.
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital piano has the heaviest keys? by CarloPiano @ Today at 04:04 AM

To make the decision a little tougher... Yamaha's full actions such as GH, GH3, NW and the brand new NWX are quite heavy. It's a matter of taste, for example I prefer the Kawai actions (except for the Avantgrand...) but many people likes Yamaha. A
Adult Beginners Forum
Glad for you Linda :-) I wish I could afford to have a teacher me too. I believe it is very important to have a teacher especially the first year (or two). I wish you a good one this time (without a noisy kid or a hungry tummy!) I think I'm OK with
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul678... you'll see more musicians like me doing DIY work, especially the basics like tuning. Agreed with Turandot: Trust your own ears! I do some regulation and repair, but tuning is something I wouldn't risk trying to DI
Jump to new posts Re: Mac mini for software pianos? by Macy @ Today at 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Jake JacksonMy impression is that they have a limited number of usb ports. You could use a mini, but if you wanted to add a second monitor or other devices, you might run out connections, once you have a sound card and a control
Adult Beginners Forum
Monica, I think you're going to see the same concert I've seen in Lisbon - In a Time Lapse tour -. It's just amazing. Have fun!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by michaelha @ Today at 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Markarian Myself, I am more influenced by film music and more adult contemporary stuff like Yanni, Jim Brickman, and David Lanz. My dream is to write for film and I've already scored a couple of indie shorts. Well, that's t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What a difference a good piano makes! by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:39 AM

There are some of us who know very little about golf. For instance, the only thing I know about it is that Lee Trevino has been hit by lightning twice while playing golf. His advice now is to grab a one iron and head for the clubhouse at the first
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time to change teacher? by AZNpiano @ Today at 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: The MonkeysOriginally Posted By: keystringYour teacher is struggling with music at the "real easy music" level? I can see the arguments not to sent students to tests. But I definitely see a need for the teachers to
Piano Forum
Sounds like the Gershwin art case edition
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: dire tonicOriginally Posted By: Starr Keys..But the Coda is what I am most proud of.. - starting at 3:19?...as you should be - that's the best bit! Thank you. Originally Posted By: dire tonicDo you know the names of the ch
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Another Improvisation by Polyphonist @ Today at 02:55 AM

This one starts in C, goes through F minor and ends in F. It begins with my trademark RH runs over a chordal bass, until a cadence is reached in bar 12 and the music segues into a more sedate passage in F minor, featuring sixth doubling of the melody
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Thanks for the pics. The descriptions are clear. Is not it reducing the amount of possible massaging up later? Do you still massage with heat your strings ? (I find it again yesterday to thicken and clear the tone on some replaced strings on an o
Page 2 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 ... 42 43 >
What's Hot!!
U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Concert Grand
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
104 registered (Al LaPorte, 36251, AZ_Astro, barbaram, AndrewJCW, 34 invisible), 1455 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75487 Members
42 Forums
156082 Topics
2292055 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
An original piece on home-made electric guitar
by gsmonks
Today at 07:12 AM
Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk?
by CarloPiano
Today at 05:04 AM
Another Improvisation
by Polyphonist
Today at 02:55 AM
4/4 measure in 3/4 time?
by caters
Today at 01:10 AM
Mac mini for software pianos?
by Mta88
Today at 01:10 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission