Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
137 registered (Albunea, accordeur, agraffe, 29 invisible), 2612 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you use the term 'contemporary classical'? by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 03:11 PM

I like the term "art music." Should the future think kindly of it, it will be part of the "classical canon" of music, which stops at living composers or 41.234 years ago , as the case may be. In the iTunes context, "contemp
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Here is the video again Comparing Kawai Es100 / Roland Fp30 / Yamaha P115: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvnKpj2wxd4
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by Gary D. @ Today at 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Gary D.[ I would never call any of the music you listed "classical", and I don't see the logic of doing so. It still seems to me that by using that label people start to divide music into tw
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
It won't work. When tuning a piano we take a reference note from a tuning fork or an electronical tuning device (usually A 440, sometimes C 523) and we tune that note of the piano to exactly coincide with the reference. From this reference note we
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new piano out of the crate by pianoloverus @ Today at 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By colchaOriginally Posted By BeemerWhat is your biggest concern about buying a floor model? Is it cosmetic or that others have played it before you? Ian My main concern is that there are scratches on the floor model that cannot
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Montuno @ Today at 02:56 PM

Mom3gram, if you go on like that, you'll be finished before the end of March
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RCM Grade 9 Piano Exam by piano2002 @ Today at 02:56 PM

RCM is the Royal Conservatory of Music and they are an organization that gives pianists availability to programs in music performance and theory. They are most known for their examinations in theory and music, but they also give classes and performan
Jump to new posts Looking to consolidate by navyasw02 @ Today at 02:55 PM

I currently have a Kawai MP11, an old Yamaha Clavinova (circa 2002), and an old Steinway upright. I moved into a smaller place and would like to consolidate. I'm toying with the idea of getting a Kawai K300-ATX2. It looks like the same technology
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you play piano? by Keith D Kerman @ Today at 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By JollyAt what point can you call yourself a pianist. Or simply a piano player? Is it after a certain number of lessons? Is it when you can perform a certain piece? Is it when you can play more than one style of music? Or is it
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2017 - Waves Grand Rhapsody software piano by propianist @ Today at 02:41 PM

Also, hot from NAMM 2017, Synthogy have just released Ivory II "Studio Grands" which features brand new Steinway B and Bosendorfer 225 samples. There's another PianoWorld forum thread elsewhere dedicated to that already, but suffice to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching kids and keeping high expectations. by bennevis @ Today at 02:29 PM

Your post is rather confusing - is that your own student, or are you quoting Veronica Haro? I'd be surprised if that student (and her previous teacher) was in the UK: because of the ubiquity of ABRSM exams here, it's very unlikely that any student (
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dodeka keyboard by Nikolas @ Today at 02:22 PM

Hey Sam! Nice to see you again (Apparently I don't venture to the ABF too much and you not here too much). I think No. 2 is equally important: Yes, we have ledger lines, but how long should they be (especially if the duration is shown by the lengt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to upgrade to a baby grand/grand piano by Beemer @ Today at 02:19 PM

If I were you, when you move back, would be to get the U3 tuned and regulated. I assume your folks don't play so it would need that work anyhow before it was sold. Perhaps then you might re-love that piano? I sense some uncertainty as you mention
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dodeka keyboard by Sam S @ Today at 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By NikolasNothing wrong with trying to come up with something new, which might help people... I'm just wondering on the following issues though: 1. How will they spell the following chords: CDEF# and CC#DD#EFF#? 2. What happens a
Jump to new posts NAMM 2017 - Waves Grand Rhapsody software piano by propianist @ Today at 02:16 PM

"Waves Grand Rhapsody" - New software piano announced at Winter NAMM 2017. It's a Fazioli, sampled in 8 mic perspectives, where you can mix together up to 3 selected mics simultaneously in any combination. It has sustain pedal resonance, b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When a piano student is not anymore a beginner? by gnomenreigen @ Today at 02:14 PM

Personally I will stop worrying about this when I will be admitted at the conservatory...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Do you use the term 'contemporary classical'? by bennevis @ Today at 02:11 PM

Following a discussion about a kid playing 'classical music' in the Piano Teachers Forum, I discovered that my iTunes has been classifying some of the contemporary stuff I upload (or is it download?) from CDs as 'contemporary classical'. Presumably t
Jump to new posts Re: Recording individual notes when piano is tuned by slobajudge @ Today at 02:09 PM

Thank you for all answers, I am new to this learning process, so yes I mean audio recordings of each notes (don`t be laughing please ). My piano is coming so I must learn, I can`t imagine that every time I need to call someone to tune my piano. I le
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dodeka keyboard by Nikolas @ Today at 02:05 PM

Nothing wrong with trying to come up with something new, which might help people... I'm just wondering on the following issues though: 1. How will they spell the following chords: CDEF# and CC#DD#EFF#? 2. What happens above or below the given octa
Jump to new posts Re: Recording individual notes when piano is tuned by kpembrook @ Today at 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTThat's the way many concert tuner's do it. I think OP was referring to making an audio recording of each note. (OP, maybe your could clarify?) Yes, some people have "recorded" the pitch as report
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by polo1 @ Today at 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By BeakybirdThe Roland stand is beautiful, but it is for a professional performer who has a roadie and a truck. It don't think it collapses. It does Quite easy to collapse and transport from what I read.
I don't mind the look of the CP4 either in the scheme of things as far as slabs go, I am getting on a bit too and like old things, real wooded looks, etc. I don't care much for the look of any stage piano, or anything that is made out of plastic and
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Montage by polo1 @ Today at 01:49 PM

Anyone have a "best price" paid for the Montage? Montage 8?
Jump to new posts Re: Massive dehumidifier recall! by kennyz @ Today at 01:46 PM

Actually I consider myself very lucky. The dehumidifier I had two years ago was one of these on recall. I only had it five and a half months went downstairs to empty it and found it humming and screaming hot!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new piano out of the crate by colcha @ Today at 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By BeemerWhat is your biggest concern about buying a floor model? Is it cosmetic or that others have played it before you? Ian My main concern is that there are scratches on the floor model that cannot be easily fixed. The deale
Page 2 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 30 31 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Key top replacement
by kennyz
01/22/17 03:21 PM
Looking to consolidate
by navyasw02
01/22/17 02:55 PM
NAMM 2017 - Waves Grand Rhapsody software piano
by propianist
01/22/17 02:16 PM
Do you use the term 'contemporary classical'?
by bennevis
01/22/17 02:11 PM
Need to buy replacement battery charger for SAT IV ASAP
by Piano Danno
01/22/17 12:09 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,344 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,949 Topics
2,591,151 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission