Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
90 registered (Anita Potter, ando, augustm, 36251, 25 invisible), 1168 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
I like Miss Labelle's story. Private music teaching is rarely about certification in N. America: it's about somebody taking a chance on you as a teacher for a few lessons, and then you doing it. But Yadiel is certainly correct that a diploma or degr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 12 as played by Liszt by Michael Sayers @ Today at 06:59 AM

It could be so . . . yet some of those pianists back then seem to have had unusually fleeting fingers, maybe Stavenhagen was among them.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By argerichfanMust admit, however, to mixed feelings about Busoni's arrangement. The extended prelude tends to sound, after a while, a bit monotonous on the piano, whereas I have never felt that way about Bach's original. I agree fo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #3 by Michael Sayers @ Today at 06:51 AM

Originally Posted By PianoWorksATLI've been too busy to complete the video yet this week. Estonia L225. While not a polished performance or perfect recording, I am pleased with the overall fidelity of the piano. Good headphones/speakers allow the
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by Gadzar @ Today at 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By alfredo capurso I was late! :-) Originally Posted By GadzarUse strip mutes. Remove the damper system. Strip mute the whole piano. Reinstall the damper system. Tune the piano by pulling the strip note by note as you tune. Raf
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By CrocusHi - I'm learning how to play and PW and these forums have been a huge help to me. Have been eyeing this Ecco Fatto Cafe for a while now and decided tonight's the night to post something. Put down a little arrangement of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #4 by Michael Sayers @ Today at 06:41 AM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniThere is a whole lot of reverb going on so this is really difficult. How about a clue? The reverb in that space is like a built in sustain pedal that never lets up. Maybe this would be a good clue: the piano is an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #4 by Michael Sayers @ Today at 06:38 AM

Originally Posted By CassiaCan you confirm it's an acoustic piano? Yes, it is an acoustic piano.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by R_B @ Today at 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By jimb100I have a question for those who feel the mechanical, non note sounds of the acoustic piano are critical to the piano sound. Did the classical composers recommend that a certain level of background mechanical noise be gene
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by ando @ Today at 06:33 AM

Originally Posted By Lester Burnham As it happens, I'm also a car enthusiast. You're not speaking for me. That's funny, if you're an enthusiast, why did you trot out the economic rationalist argument about how BMW buyers wouldn't know the differe
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert-Liszt In der Ferne by mellie62 @ Today at 06:31 AM

What an utter delight to listen to. Don't need to say anything else really, except that I look forward to hearing a lot more of your wonderful playing. And thank you for posting.
Jump to new posts Best and worst to work on? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 06:26 AM

Which brands do you enjoy working on? Which do you hate? Do those equate to the easiest and hardest to work on?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mountain Top Piano by PhilipInChina @ Today at 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By Jean Claude Philip, "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" Are all American mountains defaced with graffiti like this one? You mean you've never seen Mount Rushmore?
Thank you for that info. Please keep us posted. Any chance you could make a real world recording of the new SK samples? I'd mean, simple chords and scales, not using the internal USB recording, but using one of (mobile phone, mics, line out, headp
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #4 by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:02 AM

There is a whole lot of reverb going on so this is really difficult. How about a clue?
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Lester Burnham @ Today at 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By Lester BurnhamOriginally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By Lester Burnham Your mistake is generalising from a specific of a rather enthusiastic driver perspective. Once you realise the folly of that, yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mountain Top Piano by Rich Galassini @ Today at 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By Jean Claude Are all American mountains defaced with graffiti like this one? Yes. Here is another one in that area:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mountain Top Piano by PhilipInChina @ Today at 05:56 AM

My first thought was that a crew took it up there. Will they be as anxious to drag it down again afterwards?
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by ando @ Today at 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By Lester BurnhamOriginally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By Lester Burnham Your mistake is generalising from a specific of a rather enthusiastic driver perspective. Once you realise the folly of that, you'll be much closer to th
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by Gadzar @ Today at 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By GadzarIMO, there are more options than you are considering. To your list of possibilities I would add one more category. I've found many pianos where a pure 4:2 (with a wide 6:3) sounds ba
Jump to new posts New Kawai CA97: first impression and some problems by Brometeo @ Today at 05:34 AM

I have now a Kawai CA97 After some playing I suspect that need more adaptation time. New SK piano sound seems better overall than previous EX samples, with a great balance and less "screaming". Touch... I hope that I'll get it with some t
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts ON HEARING OF THE PASSING OF LEONARD SIMON NIMOY by RonPrice @ Today at 05:22 AM

ON HEARING OF THE PASSING OF LEONARD SIMON NIMOY On hearing of the passing of Leonard Simon Nimoy(1931-2015) yesterday, I put together some of my writing about him to serve as a sort of quasi-eulogy. I have also integrated his life and my own since
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Lester Burnham @ Today at 05:17 AM

Originally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By Lester Burnham Your mistake is generalising from a specific of a rather enthusiastic driver perspective. Once you realise the folly of that, you'll be much closer to the true reality. Lester, there are
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mountain Top Piano by Jean Claude @ Today at 05:16 AM

Philip, "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" Are all American mountains defaced with graffiti like this one?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert-Liszt In der Ferne by Pover @ Today at 05:12 AM

I've never heard this piece before, either. And I REALLY enjoyed your performance! I went ahead and checked other videos on your channel, and my god are you skilled! Keep up the great work and post recordings whenever you have any new ones please!
Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 28 29 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
book recommendation...
by Entheo
03/28/15 08:03 AM
Best and worst to work on?
by PhilipInChina
03/28/15 06:26 AM
New Kawai CA97: first impression and some problems
by Brometeo
03/28/15 05:34 AM
Used Transcribe to Slow Rick Wakeman's intro to "Awaken"
by pianoman9
03/28/15 01:31 AM
Musicality of a piece
by piano_friend
03/27/15 07:44 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,673 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,767 Topics
2,389,295 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission