Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
89 registered (AprilE, Albunea, Alexander Borro, 36251, 25 invisible), 1117 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:49 AM

Originally Posted By Grandman I'd be very interested to know your thoughts on build quality between the kawai gx and the cunningham grand of same size. If you find this awkward to respond publicly, feel free to send me a private messge, Rich. I do
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Tuner, Old Pianos. by David Jenson @ Today at 06:49 AM

Originally Posted By Gerry JohnstonOriginally Posted By R_BOK, so I am NOT and never will be a piano technician (disclaimer done). However I doubt the value of doing tunings in some minimum amount of time, other than pride in achieving efficiency. I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I had a fire with a lot of soot/smoke damage. by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:39 AM

I agree that a Vose is not worth the investment to clean/repair to the tune of 15k. However, you mention that a replacement policy is in place. Knowing that, you may be entitled to a new piano of the same general quality of the Vose. When that pian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by chopinoholic @ Today at 06:27 AM

Listening to this rach 3. One of the most emotional performances I've seen. She gave it all she had! Must have been full of adrenaline after the performance!
Adult Beginners Forum
Since using the metronome at a relatively slow BPM, I can now play the songs from Jingle Bells to the two versions of Saints Go Marching more accurately, and consistently than before the metronome. I'm not going to move further until I review with m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Albunea @ Today at 06:15 AM

I was playing a little piece in my Bastien Premier book which was familiar. Funny thing is I could only relate it to some old song…that might mean the basic piece has a very good arrangement! I could find what song is inspired on: Scarborough Fair.
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by torquenale @ Today at 06:01 AM

It has too be very soon, because I'm leaving for holidays later today and I can't wait two weeks!! I'm so curious!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by torquenale @ Today at 05:59 AM

I'm leaving for holidays later today, so please put me on the excused list for the period July 6 - 21. Thanks!
Jump to new posts Flexible , mobile n steady wheels for a Steinway B by Jazzniklas @ Today at 05:52 AM

Hi everybody! We´ll hopefully move from an apartment to a house pretty soon, and that will mean a bigger room for my grand 211. This time I would like to not being in a fixed position. The room will be big enough and I may try out different positio
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by Grandman @ Today at 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By michaelhaWell, the two Estonia dealers say Estonia is better than Kawai. I actually don't know because I've never played an Estonia, but there are a lot of serious players who play Kawai grands. Just look on their website under K
Jump to new posts Re: New Tuner, Old Pianos. by Olek @ Today at 05:34 AM

But Gerry, are not pianos indoor ? we have a very forgiving climate here , but air moisture can lower a lot during winter ; less than 26% happen, those pianos do not loose pitch so much I tune a Shimmel grand sitting literally "under the sun&q
that is interesting (and logical) I was not aware of more than on calibration steps. keeping the fork in the shirt pocket before using it is a common habit to have it always at the same temperature.
Adult Beginners Forum
Mostly the same for the entire year: - Bach's prelude & fugue Fm (Book II) - Mozart's sonata in A (first movement) - Chopin's nocturne in Em (Op. 72 No. 1) - Messiaen's prelude no. 1 (Dove) All sorts of scales and arpeggios for C, Cm, E-flat, A
Jump to new posts Re: Center pin lube, "green stuff" by Olek @ Today at 04:55 AM

make it a joy to glue paper strips ..! and even more if some silly guy literally covered the parts with sprayed teflon !
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Olek @ Today at 04:52 AM

overkill may not be the good term, as it is the only way to influence the key behaviour it must be worth a try. I suspect the touch would more pleasing with whippens of the same height, so if someone want to check that he is welcome Regards
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By WalkingintheAirI'm really sad by the responses. I am also confused. Many people have said the ability to play songs by ear is something you can learn. Do they mean songs can be played by ear when you are given the chords? I
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any teachers in the Czech Republic here? by Hendrik42 @ Today at 04:44 AM

Did you try putting a request on the boards of the music faculty at the university? Put a reward out for the student who hooks you up with a excellent teacher.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano by Hendrik42 @ Today at 04:35 AM

I saw a Technics Digital Piano a while ago in a restaurant (which also had a Steinway Grand :-). But I believe Technics is no longer in the DP business. Kawai CA97 is high end and has a sound board, which the comparable high ends CLP585 and Roland H
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By AndrysI guess you were responding to the post mentioning that Gergiev is having Li play the Tchaikovsky with him on a tour coming up almost right away, but that text is gone. Is that because it was untrue then, I wonder? No.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Andrys @ Today at 04:28 AM

I guess you were responding to the post mentioning that Gergiev is having Li play the Tchaikovsky with him on a tour coming up almost right away, but that text is gone. Is that because it was untrue then, I wonder?
A word about how tuning forks are tuned. It's not simply a matter of grinding a bit off and calling it done. Both tines need to be the same or sustain will be compromised and energy lost so it is best to use a hand file and work slowly usIng the sa
Piano Forum
I don't mean to be rude but I don't see how it would even be a competition. Forget the rebuild; you should get a whole other new\almost new baby grand piano no question and you deserve it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question on attitude , psychology and piano. by Brian Lucas @ Today at 04:08 AM

A pro musician friend of mine once said: Quote:Get the best musicians in the world in one room and the only thing they'll agree on is that they're the worst musician in the room. I think most of us who achieve any level of success don't get there bec
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By joturIf I could sing a verse/chorus of one of the songs without looking at the music I'd sit down and try to pick out the melody on the piano. Sometimes I could, sometimes I couldn't. But if I could then eventually I'd try to put
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By WalkingintheAirFor the past week, I've just been sitting at the piano for 15 minutes a day and playing a single note and trying to analyze and remember the sound of it, then I close my eyes and press a key and try to identify it.
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 21 22 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Digital Piano - MIDI Questions...
by mfield1203
07/05/15 08:52 AM
Flexible , mobile n steady wheels for a Steinway B
by Jazzniklas
07/05/15 05:52 AM
Sold my CA-65 Need Portable Alternative
by guguma
07/05/15 03:20 AM
New Piano
by MaximLuchnik
07/05/15 01:41 AM
Suggestions for program of "New Age" pieces
by gingko2
07/04/15 10:22 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,301 Topics
2,424,106 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission