Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Maybe you'll float the pitch to + 11.5 cents, tune it by ear, respecting the stretch of the prior tuning and of course with an ET? In a one single pass fine tuning, achieved in just one hour? Is that what you suggest?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts measuring humidity for piano? by pianomise @ Today at 05:39 PM

I have a K6. Kawai tells me that 42 precent is about right for this piano. My goal is to try to keep the humidity between 40 and 50. I have a large home dehumidifier (Frigidaire), whose humidity reading conflicts by 5-10 points with my old analog
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: height of piano bench by 8 Octaves @ Today at 05:37 PM

By the way, you didn't say how high was your keyboard. The surface of the white keys should be between 28.5-inch to 29-inch from the floor, no more, no less.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Two treble clefs by bennevis @ Today at 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: AmwriterHi everyone Thanks for all your input. I guess I will just have to learn the accompaniment. It just sounds strange not playing a melody of a song. Oh well, in for a penny! Why not see if you can play both the melody and
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do Parents want to hear the truth anymore? by chasingrainbows @ Today at 05:35 PM

Morodiene, I should mention that I had an adult who took lessons for about 6 months, then stopped due to work commitments. She followed up with a lovely thank you card. Just this week, she sent me an email assuring me that she is still practicing a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Arrived Yesterday! by piccione @ Today at 05:35 PM

Your piano room looks beautiful! Just wondering what dimension is your room? We have a room similar with a bay window, just wondering if ours (14x14) is too small...
Originally Posted By: Gadzar ?? So Hakki, why don't you tell us how to correctly tune this piano? Originally Posted By: HakkiBTW, I like the previous tuner's bass stretch more compared to the Koval stretch. In fact maybe the treble stretch was
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: TunerJeffBend the pin? Never. The words 'bending' and 'flagpoling' are used to describe tuning pins that have been permanently damaged, indeed ruined, by amateurs trying to achieve a tuning by brute force. Not by the subtle and
?? So Hakki, why don't you tell us how to correctly tune this piano?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Privia Px-150 or Px-730?? by Shey @ Today at 05:20 PM

WOW, what a beautiful cabinet. You could go into business. Are you a cabinet maker, you are from up north, where good cabinet makers come from? Really impressive. Did you design it? Thanks for showing us this fab piece of furniture. Shey
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by TheodorN @ Today at 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Doritos FlavouredThe PX5S got a lot of cool samples and synth-based effects. Plus it's portable. Agree with you there. Originally Posted By: Doritos Flavoured and that ASIO driver sounds like magic. It's amazing how MS can de
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Michael SayersOriginally Posted By: bennevis All the pieces in my current repertoire (which comprises Bach, Scarlatti, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Chopin, Brahms, Liszt, Rachmaninov, Paderewski, Fauré, Ravel and Bartó
Originally Posted By: GrandpianomanNp...the pitch of C2 through C7 varied between 10-13 cents sharp, Sorry, but can't we just reword this as: The pitch of C2 through C7 was within +/- 1.5 cents. Are these 5 octaves out all over to itself?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Two treble clefs by Amwriter @ Today at 05:17 PM

Hi everyone Thanks for all your input. I guess I will just have to learn the accompaniment. It just sounds strange not playing a melody of a song. Oh well, in for a penny!
Jump to new posts Re: Ivories: To save or not to save by Emmery @ Today at 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Gerry JohnstonOriginally Posted By: EmmeryI believe the OP's question is somewhat loaded. "...Beat up ivories"? I have saved every useful intact ivory key cover I could for decades. The beat up, cracked, chipped, d
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN24 vs Kawai CA65 Vs Acoustic by bnolsen @ Today at 05:09 PM

Best of all worlds in one store you have access to steinway, yamaha, kawai acoustic grands and also the kawai, roland and yamaha digitals (and perhaps casio celvaio) you are interested in. Then you can play them side by side and really be confused,
Hi GP. If I may provide my comments: 1) The initial tuning was terrible. It was so out all over to itself. I honestly only hear pianos like that that have not been tuned for many years, so I am surprised that it had been tuned last April. I can't be
I wouldn't fight the piano. I prefer to make a quick coarse tuning to put it at A440 and then fine tune without worrying about drifting. If I was the usual tuner of this piano and if I had tuned it at 440 and if I were the one who will tune it the
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Jay Roland @ Today at 05:02 PM

Found it!!! On Page 2 of the Manual in the "Selecting Sounds" section at the top of the page. Hold down the [OTHER] Button and Press the [+] or [-] to adjust the brilliance. My bad. Too much going on these days. Jay
Originally Posted By: Gadzar In the US? They tune to A440, don't they? This piano was last tuned in april. Isn't it a dry season there? And now they are at a humid season, aren't they? IMO, the soundboard has swelled. Might not be. http://www.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 52" Samick by PaulBuck @ Today at 04:56 PM

I've been looking around at Yamaha U1 and U3s. I spotted a U3 for a decent price that intend to play in the next several days but in the meantime a 52" Samick popped on Craigslist. I'm wondering if anyone has feedback about how the two brands
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggios! How and how much do you practice them? by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisScales & arpeggios are such an integral part of Western 'classical' piano music that anyone who doesn't have a fluent technique in them isn't going to get very far. All the pieces in my current repertoire (which com
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and groggy by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:50 PM

I like blue lighting for practice. There are studies about the connection between blue light and concentration. Based on my experience it definitely is worth giving this a try. The darker hued and richer the blue light is, the better. http://ww
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:48 PM

That sounds like a very good setup Nikolas. With all the different ideas how is Brendan going to decide what to do? For something different I am thinking about two to of these preamps for use in Sweden, there is one microphone line per preamp - h
In the US? They tune to A440, don't they? This piano was last tuned in april. Isn't it a dry season there? And now they are at a humid season, aren't they? IMO, the soundboard has swelled.
Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 ... 27 28 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
UVi Grand Piano, cant get the MIDI Files help?
by JungleJim
09/22/14 06:23 PM
Sheet Music for "The Villain"
by johnbarnesiii
09/22/14 06:06 PM
measuring humidity for piano?
by pianomise
09/22/14 05:39 PM
52" Samick
by PaulBuck
09/22/14 04:56 PM
Piano Tuner Recommendation
by DancerJ
09/22/14 03:58 PM
Who's Online
133 registered (36251, alfredo capurso, AEMontoya, accordeur, 39 invisible), 1569 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76289 Members
42 Forums
157696 Topics
2316309 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission