Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
164 registered (alfredo capurso, Akuden, accordeur, Andy in NC, 36251, 39 invisible), 1935 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Bach is some of the most satisfying stuff to play. Not sure where it gets "boring".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by TonyB @ Today at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Akuden Would I then continue to practice C until next week or so and move on to the next scale? It seems like HT takes months to get down. My left hand wants to do what my right hand does and my right hand wants to do what the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Jytte @ Today at 04:02 PM

Akuden, the little flashing flag at the top of the page means you have a PM.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Player by Steve617 @ Today at 04:00 PM

thanks for the info. I was looking at Steinways website and it appears to be 1919. Their asking $200 for it. and it is an upright. Looks like it may be one o those deals after restoring it may be worth less than the parts. Steinway Player
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The best thing I've learned on Piano World.... by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 03:59 PM

I was taught every note in the bar after the accidental, no matter what octave, is affected by the accidental. I would use courtesy accidentals just to make sure. The issue is not who's right, but more how can we reduce ambiguity. Oh, my best thing?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Technical/sight reading question by readmyscore @ Today at 03:57 PM

Maybe this should be posted somewhere else if anyone could help I 'd really appreciate it. I am trying to play rach C # minor prelude and I'm working on the middle part and at one part there is a c sharp whole note and B quarter note played at the s
Pianist Corner
I don't find Bach and Mozart boring to learn, just boring to play over and over again. Romantic music doesn't get boring - the vast array of different techniques, effects, harmonies used... Bach is complex, deep and interesting in a way, but textur
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: NorbertQuote: If neither of those work out, I can always consider a new Estonia! Estonia is hardly a second choice. We just sold a 190 and 210 grand to 2 highly accomplished, professional musicians. These guys had compared t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best interpreter for Brahms? by Polyphonist @ Today at 03:51 PM

Everything in Opus 116, 117, 118, and 119?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best interpreter for Brahms? by Batuhan @ Today at 03:50 PM

I find most of Brahms piano music utterly boring please someone suggest me some pieces so that i can can change my mind?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: Pete14@Volusiano, thanks for posting these prices; this gives forum members a further perspective on the -actual- selling prices for these instruments. The N2's MSRP is $15,000, so uninformed customers could end up paying as mu
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: BatuhanMemorizing every note on sheet music doesn't make you musician. If you find bach and mozart boring i can't say anything besides good luck. You are just swimming in a swamp rather than ocean. He will learn, Batuhan. At l
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin Dilemma by Swarth @ Today at 03:43 PM

Welcome to the Piano forum where you will find more than a few people who have definitive opinions about pianos, some even based on fact. While we all want validation that our piano is "worth it" some strive for the holy grail of piano Nirv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by keystring @ Today at 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyBThat sounds similar to ear training, except you are training to be able to hone in on specific instruments. For whatever reason, I have always been drawn to smaller collections of instruments - solo, duos, and trios. I ca
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to take formal lessons? by earlofmar @ Today at 03:42 PM

every time I think I could probably get by without a teacher, I suddenly realise how much I need one
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: SvennoOriginally Posted By: BatuhanI don't think you are mature enough to tackle them ( implying your age ) i agree with polyphonist never try to run before you walk Quote:I have learned several pieces by both of them, includin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best interpreter for Brahms? by Damon @ Today at 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersOriginally Posted By: DamonOriginally Posted By: Michael SayersI've never been sure what to think of Ivo's playing in last ten or so years. I don't understand the fascination with him. I've never heard anythi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Akuden @ Today at 03:35 PM

[/quote] Yes, you can play the C major scale hands together (along with the other 11 major scales and any other type of scale you wish to learn). I taught myself the 12 major scales, first hands separate, and the hands together once each hand was
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin Dilemma by BDB @ Today at 03:26 PM

The difference between the suggested price and the street price is much greater for a Yamaha than for a Steinway.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: BatuhanI don't think you are mature enough to tackle them ( implying your age ) i agree with polyphonist never try to run before you walk Quote:I have learned several pieces by both of them, including prelude and fugue in C sha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Player by BDB @ Today at 03:23 PM

There are a lot of variables, starting with whether it is a grand or an upright. The condition and the completeness of the player mechanism is another. Without a complete mechanism, the piano is worth a lot less than if it were never a player. With i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by Pathbreaker @ Today at 03:23 PM

I'm glad that my piece is short because it's quite difficult in a quirky kinda way (Op. 99 Novelette). I have had it memorized for quite some time and just slowly picking up the tempo and then taking extended breaks from it. The breaks are forced bec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this progress?/How to tell if you're progressing? by ClarinetOnBroadway @ Today at 03:21 PM

Sounds like good advice Sitting here now away from my keyboard I feel like I wouldn't mind just memorizing a difficult piece, but I know when I got there I'd hate that slow feeling of not being able to just pick up the music and play. Does anyone
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to take formal lessons? by Saranoya @ Today at 03:21 PM

I would take lessons forever, if I could. However, we have a very well-established public school system that incorporates academies for music, visual arts, drama and dance, where education in the arts is offered to children and adults alike outside n
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: BatuhanI don't think you are mature enough to tackle them ( implying your age )[...] In my opinion, for what it may be worth, I don't think that "maturity" is a necessary prerequisite for the playing of Liszt Hungaria
Page 2 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 ... 32 33 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Technical/sight reading question
by readmyscore
Today at 03:57 PM
Steinway Player
by Steve617
Today at 01:49 PM
How long to take formal lessons?
by eighty80eights8s
Today at 11:46 AM
Firmware 1.13 update for Casio PX-5S
by TonyB
Today at 11:35 AM
Starting to learn Liszt Hun.Rhapsody no.12 and Rach's 39/6.
by Svenno
Today at 10:24 AM
Forum Stats
77836 Members
42 Forums
160916 Topics
2363954 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission