Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
78 registered (Azeyic, Akshay, AZNpiano, 24 invisible), 1278 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you buy your sheet music from? by Medden @ Today at 02:53 AM

My favourite place to buy music is Foyle's in London. They have a whole floor of music, and all these pull out drawers of sheet music. I'm a massive bookworm, so I get lost for hours in bookshops. http://www.theguardian.com/books/video/2014/jun/06/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Always practicing, not playing? by LarryShone @ Today at 02:52 AM

Well for me piano time is a scarce thing and I dont practice per se. I dont even get to play every day! But I have a piece that I'll be working on and that will be my practice. Or I may noodle. Its all practice.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Miss? by AZNpiano @ Today at 02:45 AM

student rush tickets
Adult Beginners Forum
I heard that a very well known concert pianist used to spray his piano keys with hairspray before a performance. It stopped him slipping off any black keys, and made the keys stick to his fingers for perfect control. I'm not sure I'd recommend this
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: someone please help.. by snjóflykra @ Today at 02:33 AM

My left hand didnt *literally* forget, it just feels much slower and gets much more tired than the right, not being able to perform the fast movement the right one can.
Piano Teachers Forum
This student was "grade 3", entering grade 4? Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but it sounds like you were doing remedial work, for someone who was supposed to have finished grade 3. Yes, you can plan the next lesson more carefully. You know w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by Opus_Maximus @ Today at 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By wryou don't see pianists like Pollini, Uchida, Ax, Andnes, Goode, Schiff, Aimard, Kissin, Hough, and others of their ilk, programming his solo piano music very often, if at all. Goode, Schiff, and Uchida are in that anti-Rus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Piano with tascam device by Charles Cohen @ Today at 02:15 AM

Quote:But, simple question is, can I plug the cable from my headphone jack on the piano out and into the whatever jack that goes "in" on this device? I really don't want to record through the air and am looking for a wired connection. Chec
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CP33 Controller for Pianoteq by Peakly @ Today at 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenI really like Pianoteq, in case you have any doubts. I'm liking it too, which surprises me. I didn't think I would. Thanks very much for your really helpful post! I appreciate all the great info. I've been reading a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by Opus_Maximus @ Today at 02:03 AM

I can't say I've noticed people not liking Rachmaninoff. Many love him. In fact, his piano concertos are probably the most frequently programmed concertos in the typical orchestral concert (along with Grieg and Tchaikovsky.) Piano competitions are fi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ Today at 02:02 AM

Welcome back, maju! I have recorded you excused dates.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Miss? by Opus_Maximus @ Today at 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By Arghhh - other pianists to chat with in the hallways Pretty much just this.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hair and piano. Idea for problem, please? by erabella @ Today at 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By HalfStepCut your nails so as not to scratch the fall board, wash your hair; irrespective of nail length. Play piano. Next? Gah. I guess I have to deal with this. Next is: Curse the one made this tradition. It asks so much effo
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Beth_FrancesMake sure those fingers (4th and 5th) are supported by your arm. The rest of your fingers and your wrist and arm need to be relaxed, and your fingers shouldn't be stretched out in a 5 finger position. Keep the rest
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Realities of becoming a piano technician by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 01:20 AM

If you are not so far from Boston, then you would not be so far from Mark C. in Montreal and with the tests that he has of aptitude, I think it may be well worth you giving him a try. If you find out you are not really suited for this business, you
Piano Teachers Forum
I had a first lesson today with an 11 yo transfer student, and found myself fumbling around and not making much progress. This student finished RCM Gr. 3 last year, and then didn't play piano for a year. I believe his previous teacher was going to
Easier way to tell if the hammers are bored incorrectly: Place a straightedge against the tenor strings from below at the strike point, and measure from that to the bass strings at the bass break. That should be the difference in the bore distance be
Over 40 years experience gives one an eye for quality, and even more for what corners got cut when a piano was designed and built. Capo bars are cheap to make, agraffes require drilling and tapping, which is more expensive. Cheap action, cheap trapw
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas Too by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 12:22 AM

This news is already three days old but on Monday, May 4, Lucas Brookins was informed that he was awarded the PTG Foundation scholarship to attend the upcoming Annual Institute in July, in Denver, Colorado. The PTG Foundation scholarship is awarded
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES7 replacement by Kawai James @ Today at 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By jim tullochRather hard to do one handed That's true, but Marko's suggestion is pretty quick. I've played other stage boards that had the transpose function buried in a menu, but still managed to get in, select the function, set
Piano Forum
I am also from Brazil and I can confirm, brazilian piano market is really bad and expensive... I don't know how much is in USA and other coutries, but a new Model S Steinway is US$ 100.000 here LOL I am also thinking in buying a Ritmüller, I want t
Originally Posted By BDBIt was probably made no later than the 1920s. It is a fairly low-quality instrument that requires a ton of work. You could buy a better-quality new piano for the cost of the work that this piano needs. Where are you getting y
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES7 replacement by jim tulloch @ Today at 12:07 AM

Rather hard to do one handed
Adult Beginners Forum
I probably first noticed this problem (weak fourth and fifth fingers) after a couple of months of learning, now at 2.5 years it continues to be a problem although perhaps not as bad as it was. I did once read here on PW that the ring and pinkie no ma
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by phantomFive @ Today at 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By Anne'ssonThe revival of this thread gives me a chance to eat crow about my earlier dismissal of Rachmaninoff as an anachronistic, overripe late Romantic. Recently I've been working on his Preludes, Op. 32 nos. 10 and 11, in B mi
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 24 25 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First acoustic piano for an adult relative beginner
by Gomtorus
05/07/15 03:53 AM
Major / Minor Scales order
by Medden
05/07/15 03:12 AM
Back to the drawing board (1st lesson with transfer student)
by Arghhh
05/07/15 01:08 AM
Where to practice piano in Brooklyn, NY?
by Miguel Lescano
05/06/15 10:46 PM
is the touch on my Kawai upright too heavy for me?
by carojm36
05/06/15 06:24 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,176 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,807 Topics
2,403,611 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission