Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich and Prokofiev by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Shostakovich was more interesting, Prokofiev was more musical.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Score for piano piece by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 10:33 PM

Score for my Nocturne
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: You & Your Piano by Rickster @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

Nice stories, DancerJ, Ben_NZ, and Chopinlover49! I enjoyed reading them... I got interested in the piano about 7 years or so ago... after having played stringed instruments most of my life, I cut my index finger severely on my left hand at work; a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: wouter79Please add an 'n' to the title Sorry man (or woman), I tried, but it won't let me edit the title anymore.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveHere is what John Eliot Gardiner explained about the Mendelssohn quote (and the reason I think he put that quote in his book is because he felt wholly unsatisfied with his attempt to describ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Troy 125 @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

So have the choices come down to the Young Chang or a Steinway?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by TimR @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Leslie When a theory teacher plays a 5th on a piano for demonstration, it is actually tempered probably, but it is considered to be a "perfect" 5th and the tempering is ignored. You're making an assumption her
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Ksi @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

Even if it something like a Steinway Arabesque?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fun etudes? by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

What about duvernoy op 176? http://youtu.be/NDUcbiCUJxo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Marc-André Hamelin discusses Rachmaninoff by vers la flan @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Hi all. I found this recent clip where Hamelin talks about his contribution to the Henle editions of Rachmaninoff, as well as Rachmaninoff's stature in the musical pantheon and the appeal Russian music has for him. Enjoy!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Hey Scott! Thank you for clarifying those things, it helps a lot. One last question on my end. See you said that all the three models have the same mecanism (Graded Hammer Standard). Now I am looking at the review for the Yamaha P105 and they classif
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: You & Your Piano by Chopinlover49 @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Love to talk about my piano. I got my 2004 Mason-Hamlin BB grand from Rich Cunningham in Philly about two years ago and really love it. This past Christmas, I had new hammers installed and they are breaking in nicely. They make me think of the sou
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano lower than standard pitch by KJLien @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I may have been slightly defensive and possibly a little rude with my last post. I felt attacked and unwelcome, so I appreciate your kindness and understanding of a newbie like me. Yes, my grandfather and uncle we're both tune
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11. Can't get sound right by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: SavanteOriginally Posted By: spanishbuddhaOf course, same as 'the shoes'. Of course, but everyone knows that "the shoes" is a genetic characteristic linked to the X-chromosome. The question is whether Gear Acquisitio
Jump to new posts Re: Midi support removed from OS X? by Macy @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

Maybe it's because they made GarageBand free. It's the #1 free Mac app at the Apple Store.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: KsiWould you ever buy a piano as an investment? Something like a limited edition Steinway? I am sure that if there are a couple of dozen pianos of such caliber available in the market, the value of such a piano could go up ove
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pics of your grand piano in a tiny living room by Chopinlover49 @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

I think you should look hard for a piano with the tone and touch that you will love and not worry too much that the piano is too big. With pianos, bigger is usually better. I have a 7 foot Mason-Hamlin BB grand in our smallest bedroom and I play it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Ksi @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

No probelm, Gary, this is all very interesting. I will let you all know how my negotiations go this weekend, but i dont think i will drive a hard bargain - the sellers are very nice people, and a couple hundred bucks wont break the bank for us. I d
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: teaching in a studio vs independently from home by keystring @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_gregIt depends entirely on the school. In this case a shop, rather than a school.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by littlebirdblue @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

I finally found the table of content: http://s3.amazonaws.com/halleonard-closerlook/00420242/420242-2-TOC-z.jpg and I can see that I really didn't cover much since I only did the lesson book. I don't know if I really want to go through 160+ pages t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by karmanathan @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

I am actually at Happy Birthday this week. It actually came pretty easy. I was stuck on Alpine Melody for a few weeks. I practice a few hours a week. I have the All in One Course. Teacher has not been focused on things like pedals, Fermata, crescendo
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 plus CAxx - Virtual Technician - calibration/se by Abby Pianoman @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

It does. Thanks James.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: You & Your Piano by Ben_NZ @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

Good start! Many members here seem to have multiple pianos, but I have just the one in my signature. My great grandfather bought it new in 1924, apparently using some sort of external mechanical player device with it. I used to bash away at the keys
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Weiyan @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPT It is all in how far you go with it. If you, as a technician want to explore this realm, you will have to employ your own sensitivity as a musician. If you decide to divide the scale according to key signature
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11. Can't get sound right by Savante @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: spanishbuddhaOf course, same as 'the shoes'. Of course, but everyone knows that "the shoes" is a genetic characteristic linked to the X-chromosome. The question is whether Gear Acquisition Syndrome is similarly a sex
Page 2 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 ... 31 32 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
105 registered (AndrewJCW, ando, Abby Pianoman, accordeur, 32 invisible), 1540 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156295 Topics
2295393 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How old is a Ahlborn-Galanti Digital Pipe Organ Chronicler
by Chopinlover49
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
1906 Steinway K52 purchase for recording studio?
by nlive
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Marc-André Hamelin discusses Rachmaninoff
by vers la flan
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
Baldwin E250 1998
by sort
Yesterday at 08:11 PM
Shostakovich and Prokofiev
by Verbum mirabilis
Yesterday at 06:01 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission