Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
134 registered (Akshay, Adam Schaaf 58265, 3times2, ahoffmann, 36 invisible), 1403 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by JohnSprung @ Today at 12:49 PM

Seeing those pictures, I'd definitely grab it. If you don't, let us know where it is and someone here will..... ;-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Almost to the end of the book. Working on The Entertainer now. I remember playing (some version of) this as a kid. It must have been a very simplified version, as this one is tricky. Perhaps it was just one hand. I love that the difficult timing fo
Pianist Corner
Page . . . leaf . . . sheet Turn the leaf to the next page. If there's sheet music, then there's bound leaf music!?! I quit! (Recent peeve summary) If you want to put your Moe's Art sheet music for a song under the vase of fowers (full of water) a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College Audition Help by Ataru074 @ Today at 12:39 PM

My teacher (he teaches at UH) tells me that for example UH asks only for two contrasting pieces and what is most important is HOW you play... this said: a) check with your teacher, who should know you at your best and should know what you can really
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTYou'll have to be a little more intelligent in your criticism or I can't counter. This "silly thing" you name is the essence to the method. If it's so silly, you should have no trouble destroying it w
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio WK 7600 CTK 7200 by Bachus @ Today at 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By BachusOriginally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By BachusOr they buy a Casio PX that hs the same technollogy build in.. Actually, the PX is very different from these boards. Just hav
Piano Forum
Yes, it is gone. Jeff did not attain enough funds.
Adult Beginners Forum
Yes, I get that too...and my thoughts are quite similar People may tell you to not think like that and just focus, but unfortunately forced focus doesn't happen. The more you tell yourself not to think like that the more you focus on it. So I gave
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Nocturne op 9 no 2 by BruceD @ Today at 12:34 PM

Miruna : I agree with Tony007 about the bass accompaniment. That was the first thing that struck me about your performance. While the score does have a staccato mark on the first bass note of each group of 3, there is also a pedal marking indicat
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:31 PM

Ed: +1 Some points: How are the rebuilders' skills to be assessed? The RPT exam is designed to be as objective as possible. I guess the first step is to decide that's what we want to do. I think an eRPT test could be devised that really tests the
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My music by Brian As Himself @ Today at 12:31 PM

That is BEEE. UUUU. TIFFF. UULLL. Don't you listen to a single person tell you otherwise. Your's is cinema music. Film music. Emotion. Goldmund, Johann Johannson, Enaudi. And YOU wrote it. You're going to run into a lot of uppity pianists (not ju
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Traditional One Month To Recital Thread by Pollux @ Today at 12:29 PM

My participation in the last ABF recital was a pleasant experience. The piece I submitted received some very good responses, much more than expected. This encourages me to go on. So there are good chances I'll be there for the next one. Most particip
Jump to new posts Re: RPTs, Associates : Patrons and DIYers by machineintel @ Today at 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By Adam Schaaf 58265 P.S. Can anyone coach me on how to revise my profile here? I couldn't figure it out If you click on "My Stuff" in the menu bar at the top of the page, there will be a dropdown menu under which you'll
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLEYEL piano, any comment by mautique @ Today at 12:23 PM

Thanks very much for your invitation Trandinhnamanh! I will PM you. looking forward to playing your P190!
Jump to new posts Re: Progressive Beat Speeds Tuned Aurally in One Pass! by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By pyropaulOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By pyropaul[quote=Mark Cerisano, RPT][quote=pyropaul] I've been to your site many times and have taken part in your quizzes on various topics. The best unisons wer
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College Audition Help by itsfreakingmeout @ Today at 12:18 PM

I know VCU requires you only perform two pieces from contrasting periods, I am applying for the same and my audition is in January. I have no idea what I'm going to perform yet
Piano Forum
The web site seems to have gone. Is this project still alive, or did they break camp ?
Adult Beginners Forum
I studied the A minor sonata MAAAAAAANY years back :-) it's a wonderful sonata and the second and third movement are even more scary, if that helps. first think it differently. is not 8 to 9 minutes but about 4 to 5 when you don't include the repeti
Jump to new posts Example of Beat Speed Analysis by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:15 PM

I hope some people find this interesting. I am providing this service free of charge. http://howtotunepianos.com/temperament-report-for-001-01/
Originally Posted By Some PianistOriginally Posted By anotherscott PX5S does not have the internal speakers you want, or a metronome. It is a bit better than the PX350 as a piano, though. Then the PX-5S is out and the PX350 is the prime candidate ri
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by anotherscott @ Today at 12:11 PM

We agree about trills. The distinction I was making was about same-note repetition.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLEYEL piano, any comment by trandinhnamanh @ Today at 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By mautiqueSalut Trandinhnsmsnh! Merci beaucoup! I will certainly go check out le Viaduc des Arts. Do I really have an invitation from you to play your P190? Of course you really have my invitation to visit my P190 You won'
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by Morodiene @ Today at 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By MorodieneYou can do fast repeated notes on double-sensor actions, but you need to let the key raise up farther before pressing it again, making these figures more awkward to play quickly. Clarify
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello everyone! As the title said... I think this problem has probably been mentioned quite many times. The thing was, and is still too much of a disaster for me I often crack under pressure from the second half of pieces I try to record, the cl
Jump to new posts Re: RPTs, Associates : Patrons and DIYers by Adam Schaaf 58265 @ Today at 11:46 AM

Thanks to all responders, more than I could have expected. My current RPT, Allan Perkins is a blessing as a fellow believer as well as a skilled and helpful technician. The "second tuning" fee is well worth the tutoring demonstrations I r
Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 28 29 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Split-Treble Upright Action
by Adam Schaaf 58265
07/30/15 01:19 PM
Example of Beat Speed Analysis
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
07/30/15 12:15 PM
The tremendous pressure while recording, then tempo Rage!
by DanL
07/30/15 11:47 AM
MIDI Record Strips
by d2g
07/30/15 11:45 AM
Another video of a Chopin-period Pleyel
by acortot
07/30/15 10:11 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,196 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,853 Topics
2,431,274 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission