Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
85 registered (Beakybird, Albunea, Bambers, ando, András Lieber, 22 invisible), 1750 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by Albunea @ Today at 06:32 AM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesThe series entitled The Signature Series on Soundcloud has some convincing opinions. Here's a sample starting with F major: https://soundcloud.com/thesignatureseries/sets/the-major-keys My favorite key: D-flat Major, w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by Albunea @ Today at 06:29 AM

That's sweet, tenuki.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano being delivered tomorrow! by tenuki @ Today at 06:09 AM

10 year check in. Still keeps in tune like a champ, even through moves and a short stint in storage and is really settled in and opening up. I love it. My tuner is coming monday to do a full regulation. It doesn't really need it, but figured it's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by tenuki @ Today at 05:57 AM

I play other instruments, I came to the piano after cello and trombone and after a short stint at the piano in college I learned guitar and played in punk and alt bands for years. I'm coming back to the piano now because of jazz and because of playi
Adult Beginners Forum
The Copla I know the best is Ojos Verdes so I've started working on it. All songs must be in some Key? Perhaps this one doesn't have a Key? It's been difficult for me to choose a video so I'll post several links in case someone would like to give i
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Jeff HaoObviously I can't claim credit for his practices and his lessons (he even consults a concert pianist once in a while). But the wierd Hao Staff sheets provided the best bridge for him to access all of that, so that he can
Adult Beginners Forum
Jeff: I watched the TEDx talk and I think it clarifies a lot of things. The graphics that show the grand staff morphing a bit larger into the "Hao staff" (and back and forth) was very helpful. I am an adult beginner (5 years now) and I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano lessons worth it? (Adult intermediate) by sedgecumbe @ Today at 05:43 AM

teacher for sure... I came back to piano about 6 months ago after 20 years away. I played to about grade 5 -6 or so as a kid. I pottered about for a month or two by myself and now i have a 1 hour lesson every 1-2 weeks (i can't always go every week)
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: PopJazzOnline Anyone ? by john f @ Today at 05:07 AM

I just found about them the other day while looking for Bossa Nova learning material. Today I downloaded there free Bossa Nova Exercises by Gjermund Silvertsen. I will hold off on comments about them until I learn more. Let me just say, being the che
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by zrtf90 @ Today at 05:04 AM

In the tonal period before ET the various tuning methods gave keys further from C more out-of-tune qualities, brighter sharps and mellower flats. Keys like C, G and D had brighter tones while Eb, Ab and Db had warmer tones. Some keys had a particula
Adult Beginners Forum
For those who don't follow what I am up to ...
Adult Beginners Forum
Obviously I can't claim credit for his practices and his lessons (he even consults a concert pianist once in a while). But the wierd Hao Staff sheets provided the best bridge for him to access all of that, so that he can pursue his goals just like pe
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaWhat year was it made? Presumably after 1964 in the GDR
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RP401r, Casio AP-460 or something else? by András Lieber @ Today at 04:37 AM

The AP460 does not seem to have a line in option. I looked at the other recommendations, but most are out of my price range. The search is ongoing
Jump to new posts Re: First Taste of my own Roland HP-605... by peterws @ Today at 04:26 AM

I thought, wi his hands all over the place, he was actually gonna play the difference! Just talk talk talk talk talk. . .
Adult Beginners Forum
Please do not accuse me of paying this man to appear like this. He is a top banker in Hong Kong and I can't afford to pay anyone to do this anyway. I have not been well received here in PW in the past, even by fellow Adult Beginners. But if
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tiny hands by JohnSprung @ Today at 04:17 AM

I've seen the Steinbuhler 15/16 and 7/8 keyboards, intended for adults with small hands. I'm thinking of something seriously smaller, like a 1/2 or 5/8 size, for small children. It would be quite difficult mechanically to make one for an acoustic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by JohnSprung @ Today at 04:07 AM

With equal temperament, the different keys are merely higher or lower, there's no other difference in the sound. With other temperaments, the semitones are different widths, and each key has its own personality. The main reason to transpose some
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sibelius's piano music by outo @ Today at 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By Verbum mirabilisThe impromptus are perhaps a bit unimaginative when it comes to texture (the accompaniments are mostly simple block chords or arpeggios), but Sibelius's goal in them wasn't creating texturally innovative music. Hi
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Bulgaria 2017 by casinitaly @ Today at 04:06 AM

Not off to the happy start hoped for. Let's see how things stand at the end of January As it stands though, I can't see that we''ll be going. Sorry Philip, I know you are very keen to host a party.
Jump to new posts Re: First Taste of my own Roland HP-605... by Goss @ Today at 03:59 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpaBV-qVsh8 and this ^^
Sony MDR 7506
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 vs DP603 by Goss @ Today at 03:46 AM

The FP-90 has the same 12cm speakers as the DP603, but has an added two tweeters so it should be a little brighter than the DP603 but the sound of the FP-90 will be radiating more directly at the player being located at the top of the machine instea
Jump to new posts Re: Loosening newly installed strings and pins by kpembrook @ Today at 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By HelloMrZebraFrom what I've read installing larger tuning pins MAY cause the pin block to crack simply by wedging larger pins in a hole that may not be designed to accommodate them Extremely unlikely. Perhaps a misunderstanding
What year was it made?
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 21 22 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Finally some evidence of value of my work properly captured
by Jeff Hao
12/10/16 04:22 AM
I tuned a guitar(?) today!
by Sam S
12/09/16 10:59 PM
Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8
by Joe Garfield
12/09/16 07:17 PM
good source for digital piano ratings?
by childofparadise2002
12/09/16 05:40 PM
Yamaha P85 Amplifier/PA/Speaker Connection
by 7sax
12/09/16 05:22 PM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,833 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,892 Topics
2,577,563 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission