Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomer Agreed. Heated discussions and disagreements are not dangerous. Censorship is. I completely agree. You simply cannot have communication without a little fighting here and there. It's simply not humanly pos
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Intermezzo Op. 118 No 2. by BruceD @ Today at 03:47 PM

I agree that this is an improvement over the previous recording. What troubles me a little is that at so many moments you play the left hand before the right which, because of its frequency, becomes a bit of an affectation. This may be intentional
I find it remarkable that the only two technicians to have posted beautiful tunings on this forum are the ones who are now banned. I've learned things from Mr. Oleg that I wouldn't have learned from any other. A442 is a little aggressive with his po
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by barbaram @ Today at 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: JimFGot a recording done yesterday that ended up with the filename "Debussy10-24notawful". Plenty of mistakes, but something in the can, anyway. Ha, yes that's a typical type of file name for me too! Outo, I tota
Originally Posted By: GadzarIn a Forum like this one there are the Vets whose knowledge is the most valuable treasure, there are the Pro's who know very well what they're doing and can explain others how to do it and there are the Novices who are in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Rankings by PianoWorksATL @ Today at 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: AJFWhich 'mass produced' pianos are you referring to? Steinways have traditionally been a far more mass produced piano than most top tier family run German builders. And I would add that isn't
Adult Beginners Forum
I beg your apology, but I have the feeling that in this discussion only one side knows practically, while the other side is using logical constructions. In this case, I say: " I have Skype, and I ready to show gratuitous practically and not i
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Intermezzo Op. 118 No 2. by jazzyprof @ Today at 02:45 PM

That was gorgeous! It's literally dripping with emotion, in a good way. And the sound from your keyboard is amazing. What kind is it?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Original method for harmonic hearing development by Brian Lucas @ Today at 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneTherefore the best method for learning to match pitch is to focus on the process of internalizing the note before one makes a sound. When this is done, the student is able to match the pitch in as much as their physical
I am also on Linkedin. I think it does have a better format for businesses. With many private groups, you have to be invited to be a part of it. This had lead to great conversations without the interruptions by trouble makers, which has been refreshi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Annitenth @ Today at 02:32 PM

I will miss Marty. My condolences to Bill.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
dire tonic[ You know, I still like to give some credit . My previous experience was in AllAboutJazz; saw there advertising of several books, bought them - and was satisfied, except for one book , from the author of which I could not expect this.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by bennevis @ Today at 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: joturWe'd have a lot less flaming and trolling if everyone posted under their own names. 8 Octaves, wimppiano, Peyton - why hide behind screen names? Particularly such generalities and derogatory names as these. Hang on a min
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Barbara Lister-Sink Method by DeadPoets @ Today at 02:19 PM

Bump
At least, there is nothing to stop the 'temporary banished' members to read our comments and rejoice that, they all are dearly missed. HW
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with chords by Nahum @ Today at 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: keystring Actually, can you tell us what "sixte ajoutée" means? If you don't know the English term, can you describe it? Perfectly accurate term - was invented by Debussy, in the Great American song book was exac
In this cybernetic times with the internet at the tip of our fingers, we can create a "forum" with a little app in our cell phone. We can create a group in Whatsapp or in Facebook or in oVoo, or telegram or hangouts or... name it, your ima
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by wimpiano @ Today at 02:03 PM

I have some recordings, not acceptable yet, but getting there. It's now still with flubs, and without accents and a bit rushed. Aiming to get rid of the flubs and add accents and timing. I have a backup piece but I would really love to submit this an
Yes. Monsieur Isaac Oleg was banned, he told me by email the ban is for one week, supposedly.
Originally Posted By: Herr WeissI was unaware that Monsieur Isaac Oleg was also one of the victims of the 'purge'. That's outrageous.
I was unaware that Monsieur Isaac Oleg was also one of the victims of the 'purge'. It is worse than I thought, sigh. Herr Weiss
Pianist Corner
jdw and outo, it seems like there would never be a point where going to lessons might be not very fruitful. I guess I was hesitant because of having certain expectations which my previous teachers have not been able to live up to in the past. Maybe I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Rankings by Robert 45 @ Today at 01:34 PM

The technology of mass production of pianos is not a bad thing per se as it can provide greater precision in the manufacture of critical components and accuracy in their placement. I think that it is the quality of the components, especially in the
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
There is already a very simmilar website to pianofiles - swappano.com
Originally Posted By: Herr WeissLet's not fool ourselves into thinking that there is any type of democracy in a forum. We are all 'guests'. Yes and NO. Yes, Isaac Oleg is now banned, because he dared to confront a moderator, and as he is a guest, h
Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 ... 26 27 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha UX vs WX
by goldmund
Today at 11:34 AM
Need help with chords
by Shirz
Today at 07:52 AM
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
Today at 03:17 AM
Prelude
by noobpianist90
Today at 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Who's Online
129 registered (accordeur, 36251, ajames, alfredo capurso, 0987654321, 37 invisible), 1563 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76653 Members
42 Forums
158489 Topics
2327581 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission