Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
152 registered (accordeur, Alegretto, anamnesis, ajames, 36251, 47 invisible), 1636 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: SwarthOriginally Posted By: malkinYour post reminds me of the "emergency" phone call I got from school when my 5th grade-ballet dancing daughter was in the principal's office because she had kicked a boy in the head!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning in the dry winter - raise up to 440 or leave flat? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 08:48 AM

RXD, if the only tuning I did was the kind you do, I would only use a single wedge. That happens perhaps only a few times per year. The people I am trying to help learn usually will be tuning very poor pianos that are so far off that it isn't even
Jump to new posts Re: 2:1 Octaves in the high treble by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:48 AM

Some people may find my video on tuning pure 19ths interesting. All this talk of adding a half beat here and stretching more than usual there, leaves my engineering mind and teacher mind all a-flurry. The pure 19th, in my mind, allows for a precise a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by JimF @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

Congrats Sam and welcome home!!!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: First time digital piano buyer needs help by bnolsen @ Yesterday at 08:36 AM

sadly my experience is somewhat like yours. pushy nosy sales folks. one piano store here (the main certified yamaha dealer) someone sits up front and tries very hard to shove a clipboard in your hand for you to fill out with a bunch of information.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have you ever felt dissapointed in a gig/practice session? by Giancarlo Robles @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

Thanks for the input everyone. I think it was just a bad day for all of us. We had another rehearsal yesterday night and it went much better. Everyone was more focused and mistakes rarely happened. I did mention to them to keep playing even if th
Jump to new posts Re: Remedy for "Jumping" strings when tuning? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: freelifeOriginally Posted By: Jon PageYou can apply a small amount of Protek or Goose Juice liquids to the bearing points to aid rendering. Thanks Jon. I don't know Goose Juice, but I was told Protek was not a good idea becau
Jump to new posts Re: Enhanced Tuning Stability: Real or Coincidental? by pinkfloydhomer @ Yesterday at 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By: David JensonOriginally Posted By: TunerJeffStability comes with practice....lots and lots of practice and experience in the field. There is a 'feel' to the set of a properly positioned pin that is damn near impossible to express
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: AZNpianoOriginally Posted By: rintincopPersonal fact: I love to practice and I love playing piano. Reality: But it would be naive of me to assume (project) that just because I like it, then it's somehow also fun for all of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by Lester Burnham @ Yesterday at 08:13 AM

I think there's a big disconnect that's present, but seemingly unrecognised. Education for what I suspect is the countries being considered in this thread, is mandatory from and to a certain age for children. That can either be within school, or hom
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Alkan: "Le Grillon" Op. 60bis. by wr @ Yesterday at 08:08 AM

Listened to the radio performance - very nicely done. Started the video, but the sound quality was such that I couldn't really hear the "chirp" very well, so I bailed on that. The "chirp" was particularly great - I never can get
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by Lester Burnham @ Yesterday at 08:01 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeDLPMusicClubsMusic loses so many recreational players because too many teachers want to approach every student the same way and treat too many learners like potential "serious" performers. Golf courses all over th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By: torquenaleThis afternoon my piano has been tuned Just in time for the Xmas evening, right?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Well done Sam!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai by daz100 @ Yesterday at 07:54 AM

By the way, have you played the RD-800 and CP4? If so, what did you think I only spent a short time in a noisy music store ,but key feel on cp4 felt very plasticy compared to the rd800 ,in fact I really like how the keys have improved over my rd700
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Inspirational achievement of the year by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 07:54 AM

Inspirational achievement of the year
Jump to new posts Re: Just Tuned a 1968 Cable Nelson Spinet by UnrightTooner @ Yesterday at 07:50 AM

Paul: It is nice to have the hammers hit all the strings, but when there are even moderate string marks on the hammer it is often best to leave things as they are. If you reposition the hammer, the note will stick out because of the difference in to
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by UnrightTooner @ Yesterday at 07:45 AM

Chris: Yes, great job on the program, thanks much! A minor error I noticed is that the beatrates for the highest two M6s shouldn't be listed. The upper note is higher than A4. I am surprised that nobody has complained that the 4ths and 5ths cannot
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Wedding Reception by mc9320 @ Yesterday at 07:44 AM

Nice setlist Joe. Have played many of these songs over the years at wedding receptions... I would have a few more uptempo tunes in there, just to mix things up a bit, especially if it's a very noisy room. Good luck. Usually people don't pay much,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Questions for pianists (mainly for pros) by mc9320 @ Yesterday at 07:36 AM

When choosing pieces, I want something that will challenge me, preferably using a technique or something I haven't really done before.. Having the time to do this is another thing I don't get sent pieces by current composers, but I sometimes have
Originally Posted By: CarloPianoI would like that the great digital piano makes consider to emulate the lift of the dampers I hadn't a chance to try the new Yamaha trans acoustics. May they be the answer to all digital piano issues? Yes; since the
Jump to new posts Re: Unimpressed with Yamaha N1 by 36251 @ Yesterday at 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneIs it troll-feeding time already? Anyways I'm not overly shocked that 36521 traded in his upright. Just because it's Steinway doesn't mean it's going to measure up to an action that is grand piano (or pretty close). I
Jump to new posts Re: Enhanced Tuning Stability: Real or Coincidental? by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By: TunerJeffStability comes with practice....lots and lots of practice and experience in the field. There is a 'feel' to the set of a properly positioned pin that is damn near impossible to express. This is exactly the reason that
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: rocket88Originally Posted By: CarlosCCSome professional players can't do a true "clean" performance when they play in a group or band... It all depends on keep playing; the audience will not notice the mistakes. Ever
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Language of Taste - Pianos, Wine ... and Birds by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 06:38 AM

Hmmm... Great post PNO40. You hit on something important and I can totally identify with the wine analogy. This is something that I have personally struggled with for years - how to discuss tone in a meaningful manner, over the phone, in writing, or
Page 22 of 28 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
forum extremely slow?
by wouter79
12/19/14 04:54 PM
Why do we play?
by Jytte
12/19/14 04:14 PM
Need Help About Accidentals
by Batuhan
12/19/14 03:29 PM
REPOST: Freaked out by how roughly movers handled piano
by kaustin
12/19/14 03:10 PM
Upright dampers not damping much, what to look for?
by JoeThePro
12/19/14 01:26 PM
Forum Stats
77354 Members
42 Forums
159991 Topics
2349530 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission