Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
149 registered (Albunea, 36251, anotherscott, accordeur, 42 invisible), 1618 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Olek @ Yesterday at 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By boltOriginally Posted By JohnSprungAsk your tuner/tech if it would be a good idea to put in a larger pin or give it a cyanoacrylate treatment. Making it hold correctly is better than touching it up all the time. Every time you m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 04:23 AM

I've been a bit quiet lately (though extremely busy which is the very reason) but I've managed to finish the first movement of the Moonlight Sonata. Finish as in: My teacher leaves it to me to polish there are no more real mistakes in it and it just
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What should I do after high school with the piano? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:38 AM

Look for colleges or universities that might offer Class Piano or Piano for Non-majors. They might stick you with a grad student or an inexperienced professor, but at least you'll be learning something.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 03:34 AM

I have a suggestion, maybe for next year's challenge. Instead of an externally imposed arbitrary value like 40 how about each person declares at the beginning of the year how many pieces they want to learn. For some 40 might be too much while for oth
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing my mind? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbows My private students are more committed, however, I go to the home, and actually charge exactly what they would pay if they came to the store. I should raise my prices, but of course, the store gets 1/3 of my less
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano, I appreciate your feedback. by Markarian @ Yesterday at 03:27 AM

Now a brand new Kawai for only $1400 more...hmm.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By TX-BluebonnetAZNpiano - I'm be starting Scarborough Fair on my own. I haven't even sight-read it yet. Will get going on it in just a moment. How much should I be able to accomplish with 7 five-minute sessions? I'm asking because
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts My Yamaha YDP S51 -> And you ? by Kyfran54 @ Yesterday at 03:06 AM

Hi everybody ! My first piano is a Yamaha ARIUS YDP S51 , I am very happy, someone owns one? Or have had an ace and change and better ? See you soon ! If you not know that piano listen here : https://youtu.be/g7eRSFvrdWA https://www.facebook.com
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 Steinway K by Sketches @ Yesterday at 03:05 AM

thanks for the feedback everyone, it is very useful as basically I now know the piano is certainly a viable option and I can proceed accordingly. More piano shopping today so we'll see what else is out there. Oh and it is my 31st birthday today which
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano, I appreciate your feedback. by agoriaket @ Yesterday at 03:03 AM

Hi Guys, The Liedermann 132T is mine for 3360$. For that price, I have a showroom model. Some of you are curious about my budget: I don't have a budget in mind. If I know that a brand new Kawai is absolutely the best solution, I will buy it. But s
Adult Beginners Forum
I love this song ff10-2 rocks. This song is also on my to do list.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: schubert Impromptu op 90 no 3 by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 03:00 AM

Check out the RCM syllabus for a large list of pieces of various difficulty levels: https://examinations.rcmusic.ca/sites/default/files/files/RCM-Piano-Syllabus-2015.pdf As outo suggested, you don't have to start from the beginning but doing lots of
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Nocturne, Op. 37 No. 1 by Setiawan @ Yesterday at 02:58 AM

Hi Tim, thank you for the kind words! I see what you mean, that my 'A' section can seem a bit tame or too 'sensible' when compared with other interpretations, and you're not the only one (at least my girlfriend agrees with your sentiment). Something
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts apps to read / annotate music by nastroichik @ Yesterday at 02:42 AM

Hello everybody. I'm a pianist and I'm looking for an IPad or Android app to read and annotate music. It's for professional use, something that is usable on stage and for teaching, to replace paper music. I know there are apps like forscore or tona
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite composers for teaching by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 02:41 AM

Some student favorites: Melody Bober, Naoko Ikeda, Christopher Norton, Kevin Olson, and Martha Mier. Streabbog (really Gobbaerts) is very nice. His stuff is freely available at imslp under Gobbaerts. Other really good composers from previous musi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts apps to read / annotate music by nastroichik @ Yesterday at 02:10 AM

Hello everybody. I'm a pianist and I'm looking for an IPad or Android app to read and annotate music. It's for a professional use, something that is usable on stage and for teaching, to replace paper music. I know there are apps like forscore or to
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Joke by Ferdinand @ Yesterday at 02:02 AM

What did Schumann say when he first heard Chopin's opus 35? Spoiler Content
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Son Lux on the Piano by Groove On @ Yesterday at 01:59 AM

It's an advertisement for Gilette, but it's so odd, I thought this might be worth sharing. Composer Son Lux on the Piano with a bunch of Gilette shaving razors ...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College/Conservatory Auditions by Opus_Maximus @ Yesterday at 01:59 AM

While you can get gems of information from this forum, none replaces that from your private teacher; one who is familiar with your playing, and familiar with university/college requirements. My best advice would be to seek out a faculty member at one
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano, I appreciate your feedback. by Markarian @ Yesterday at 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By RicksterOriginally Posted By MarkarianAngoriaket, you don't mention the price on the Lidermann. How much are they asking? It's probably a random Chinese stencil. If it sounds the best, go for it. A 30-40 year old Japanese uprigh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College/Conservatory Auditions by Treble97 @ Yesterday at 01:48 AM

Thanks for your response pianorigami! I have been playing for almost ten years now, but coming from a smaller town figuring out where I stand has been tough. The Moonlight Sonata is only mildly challenging technically to me, if that gives any hint.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College/Conservatory Auditions by Treble97 @ Yesterday at 01:30 AM

Thank you for your reply, BruceD, but the post was not about my chances of getting into a program. I have discussed and will continue to discuss that with faculty at my school. I am acutely aware of the difficulties of the field that you mentioned. I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College/Conservatory Auditions by pianorigami @ Yesterday at 01:23 AM

If you can play Rach 2 and Moonlight Sonata well, then your technical ability should be good enough, I think. Of course, I haven't heard you play, so I know nothing Anyway, if those pieces are some of your first, which it sounds like, then conserva
Adult Beginners Forum
Your only option is to distribute that note and passage to the left hand. Furthermore, you are going to have to break or roll the two notes, then, for the rest of the passage, do some tricky left hand work, stretching at least a ninth.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College/Conservatory Auditions by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:05 AM

Given what little you have told us about your playing abilities and your obviously limited repertoire, I would say that a Conservatory is going to be a pretty big stretch, one that I doubt you would be able to reach with your current skills and reper
Page 22 of 26 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My personal comparison of pianos in €900-€1200 range.
by bitnick
09/02/15 04:24 PM
dynamics and reprise question
by iamanders
09/02/15 03:59 PM
Roland wifi/bluetooth connections
by pe2Dave
09/02/15 01:18 PM
Steinway "steel" frames?
by Erchoukyrie
09/02/15 01:06 PM
1907 chickering grand
by christineka
09/02/15 11:57 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,598 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,632 Topics
2,441,425 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission