Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Heroic Polonaise help please... by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: ChopinLives81so far the only fingering that gives me a shred of hope is 4G-3Ab-4G etc Did you really mean that? 434?!! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. -J
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
To me, a ghost note would be a note that sounds without you playing it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Almaviva @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

I'm so sorry. Let me add my name to the long list of mourners on this website. Rich, is there any way we on the forum can send a joint token or message of condolence to Marty's family and friends?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by scorpio @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXI may have to accept some small level of discernable errors.It's okay! In fact, I am positive that most would appreciate a more human performance, with all its nuances and imperfections, knowing that a lot of work and pr
Piano Forum
To be frank Joe it really isn't that terrible, it is in good tune and the action is fine. Jamie did say it was pretty much alright to him when he last tuned it a year ago. It is very clean inside and out and looks to have been very well looked afte
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: rovIs it really necessary to practice scales?, do the really help technique?. How much should you practice them per day and how?. thanks a lot!! I just want to mention that there isn't any need to suddenly start practicing sca
Originally Posted By: Paul678... if you play a very ppp piece, you can sometimes get a "ghost" note that doesn't even sound. Does that ghost note sound when played ppp once by itself?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: jotur... the stress isn't going to change as you get better. Because the better you get, the harder the pieces are, and making "no mistakes" is relatively harder, too. So the stress level of a perfectionist stays the s
Jump to new posts Re: How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity? by beethoven986 @ Yesterday at 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678 Or too LITTLE friction? Yes. Friction should not be much lower than what I listed above. You need to calculate your UW and DW to determine friction. UW should ideally be within a 3g spread somewhere between 20-30g.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

Marty's irreverent wit will be sorely missed by those of us on PW. My condolences to his loved ones. Jay
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Rickster @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Someone requested that we make the memorial thread for Marty a sticky thread for a while, in his memory... I asked Frank Baxter for his permission to do that and he granted it. So, Marty, in your memory, here is your very own Piano World sticky thre
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTThe action of playing a note is analogous to throwing a tennis ball at a gong. If there are "ghost notes" that do not play when you press the key, this is analogous to the tennis ball not hitting th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: bnolsenabout midi and usb...there are plenty of serial port and parallel port and midi port to usb adapters. When USB is finally put to bed you'll find tons of usb to XXX adapters. Even so, these adapters are not always comp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by jotur @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

+1 8 Octaves Originally Posted By: BrianDX At this point I'm not ready for the stress of trying 100+ takes over many days to get a near-perfect recording. Well, as I said, you are different from me, and it appears to me it's not being a newbie th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway event by iLaw @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

I don't know anything about the Cleveland Steinway dealer who's holding this particular sale, but when the Chicago dealer has one of these sales (and I think I've been to at least three of them in the last few years) the pianos that I have looked at
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by Roland The Beagle @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

There is a potential pitfall with scales, which is to just play them over and over, 4 octaves, hands together. This is boring, and nothing but mindless muscle memory repetition. It's also particularly bad for independence of the hands and teaches t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXAt this point I'm not ready for the stress of trying 100+ takes over many days to get a near-perfect recording. I'm curious what other folks think about this... You have missed the forest for the trees....
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by David Farley @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

First try a different cable. Then find another Yamaha, any Yamaha with a USB-MIDI host if you can't find a DGX650, and try it with all the same equipment. The USB-MIDI interfaces on all Yamaha boards are probably the same. But if you can't find a Yam
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 03:16 PM

Allard >My ultimate dream is to play every single note of my recital piece separately and splice it all together into one piece that would otherwise be way over my head. Well the good thing is that you only need to play 88 notes once :-) And th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Heroic Polonaise help please... by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

No I haven't tried that actually. I just watched Bunin playing and I see what you mean. This would involve a complete overhaul of how my muscles know how to play that measure, but I'll give it a shot. Thank you.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by ando @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXOriginally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: BrianDXI recently had a conversation with someone who would know, about how much it would cost a manufacturer like Yamaha to build something like a C3X. The answer was basi
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Bob @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

Ed, the newer buildings are going to 2 acoustics, 2 digitals. Most of these older buildings have 4 acoustic. Total travel miles is about 700. This is the end result when money trumps quality of the job. Bidding for piano work is usually not good
Piano Forum
If Jamie is willing to help you out that much by getting a piano from Coachhouse, or any other dealer, then surely the best thing to do is wait til you have the cash and then when the time is right, go get the piano. What condition is the Paul Newman
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some Questions About "Piano Magic" by Rerun @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: newbertI'm an adult beginner who has taken up piano after a 45 year lapse. As a child I had a few years of formal piano instruction, which taught me to read music and play from scores (only). Although I've picked up much of wh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Heroic Polonaise help please... by bennevis @ Yesterday at 02:55 PM

Have you thought about redistributing the hands? The RH octaves don't all have to be played with RH . If you use your LH thumb to play the lower octave notes (F, then G) immediately after the mordents, that allows you to alter the fingering for t
Page 22 of 29 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28 29 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Learning a piece under a deadline, good results?
by ChopinLives81
Today at 10:05 PM
Gors Spangenberg
by PhilipInChina
Today at 09:28 PM
Help with Korg M1
by bonesy
Today at 09:12 PM
Screw stringer parts needed
by tenspan
Today at 08:58 PM
You must like every major composer
by JoelW
Today at 07:32 PM
Who's Online
125 registered (Almaviva, AnimistFvR, angga888, accordeur, anamnesis, 33 invisible), 1328 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76620 Members
42 Forums
158430 Topics
2326609 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission