Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
64 registered (Azeyic, aesop, 20 invisible), 955 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Campanella12 @ 04/23/15 05:25 PM

Piano Rim Construction in Petrof Piano Models: Bora, Breeze, Storm I had hoped that retsacnal might post a couple of videos for discussion. On my recent trip to Petrof I took the opportunity to make several videos. Two of them provide further docum
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some advice from teachers by EP @ 04/23/15 05:23 PM

As an afterthought, I remember reading something about an upright piano Kawai had with a variable touch control (the VT132). Had a lever you could move to change the touchweight. I don't know if it was ever available in the US or if it is still made.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Tier 1 piano search - let the fun begin! by Keith D Kerman @ 04/23/15 05:23 PM

Your list is missing two of the most important tier 1 pianos in Steingraeber and Fazioli and there are dealers for both in/near Toronto!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Microsoft surface pro3 for gigging with vsts? by emenelton @ 04/23/15 05:15 PM

digitalguy, Yes I was referring to WIN updates. In general 8.1 and the surfaces in particular can be a little funny. They can hang up with system updates. So I was just wondering if you had any guidelines with the Surface based on your experience?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some advice from teachers by EP @ 04/23/15 05:15 PM

keystring, You are right, it doesn't change the key resistance (at least I don't know of any that do), it just changes the response. Mine is a Kawai MP11, but others I've had were the same. Personally, I don't find that it makes a lot of difference i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New NY Steinway vs. New Shigeru SK6 by pogmoger @ 04/23/15 05:11 PM

It's a difficult decision. The law of diminishing returns definitely applies when it comes to Shigeru vs. Steinway/European 'top tier' instruments. I spent a long time trying to decide between buying a Shigeru SK3, a C. Bechstein M/P and a Bösendor
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some advice from teachers by keystring @ 04/23/15 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By Peter K. MoseYou might buy a digital piano with adjustable key resistance, or try to practice for an hour a week on a stiff piano. Peter, are there any digital pianos out there that have adjustable key resistance? The reason I a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some advice from teachers by EP @ 04/23/15 05:01 PM

John, It's a bit of a tricky subject, because her father is her tech, and I know my tech does not hold him in particularly high regard, and I just really don't want to get in to suggesting anything negative about her piano. My tech told me that the S
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Toronto Tier 1 piano search - let the fun begin! by windwardmusic @ 04/23/15 05:01 PM

Hello again after a few years away. My last piano search led me to purchase a lovely Nikolaus Schimmel NWS 213 which I have enjoyed, composed, produced, and recorded on for the last decade. Recently though I have begun to find its sound almost a bi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano bench squeaking and its a new bench. by shirlkirsten @ 04/23/15 04:58 PM

Yes, and I will have the Hidrau from Spain purchased through Piano Works. Expect its arrival within a week. I have two grand pianos so there are a world of possibilities.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some advice from teachers by EP @ 04/23/15 04:55 PM

Thanks for your comments Peter. It's not just that it makes me feel less competent, but I come home from lessons feeling so discouraged and feeling that no matter how much I practice (and I practice a lot) or how well I can play it at home, I'm still
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making a grand action heavier by Bosendorff @ 04/23/15 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By EPI should add that I tend to play with a light touch anyway, for two reasons - one, simply to keep the volume at a more enjoyable level, and two, I have some arthritis in my right thumb and don't want to further injure it. I th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano bench squeaking and its a new bench. by shirlkirsten @ 04/23/15 04:54 PM

The bench was hardly used and has no compartment. This is like a concert bench with the adjustable knobs on the side. The dealer apparently put some reinforcements on the legs for the repair which was done at his establishment.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some advice from teachers by John v.d.Brook @ 04/23/15 04:53 PM

I'm curious - what did the piano techs tell you? All of the Steinways I've played on have pretty normal action. Her's could be out of adjustment. I know that my teaching instruments, after 15 years of teaching, needed serious action work. Perhaps
Jump to new posts Re: An Alternative Viewpoint on Inharmonicity by Mark R. @ 04/23/15 04:43 PM

Well, "macho" is certainly not a term I would have introduced to this thread. We might as well go into diatribes about "limp" vs. "stiff", and how many inches every tuner has to spare, to satisfy the customer. For my pa
Jump to new posts Re: Microsoft surface pro3 for gigging with vsts? by Digitalguy @ 04/23/15 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By PaulHThanks everyone that's really helpful, I think this is the way forward for me. What I am thinking (as I built my own speakers, keyboard stand, integral music stand, rack/piano stool) is to build a box for the tablet to prot
Jump to new posts Re: Microsoft surface pro3 for gigging with vsts? by Digitalguy @ 04/23/15 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By emeneltonOriginally Posted By DigitalguyUBS audio interface without a powered hub, but the best for portability is to use asio4all, that's what I do on my SP3, just plug the midi keyboard usb cable or if you need additional UBS p
Jump to new posts Re: Microsoft surface pro3 for gigging with vsts? by Digitalguy @ 04/23/15 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By EPWOriginally Posted By Frédéric LMore precisely, the i3 has 2 cores shared to run 4 threads in the same time, the i5 four cores, and the i7 four core shared to run 8 threads in the same time. You are confusing Intel Mobile
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi LadyNemesis, ok got it, I didn't realize you were using a different book, I think the All-in-One Book may have some extra songs. Do you have the review songs at the end of your book - Entertainer, Amazing Grace, Over the Rainbow, Gilligan's Island
Adult Beginners Forum
Oh no... my tech can't come until after the recital. Y'all are going to hear my piece slightly out of tune. [gnashes teeth, wondering why the tech chose THIS month to take his vacation...]
Jump to new posts Re: Please help - new Steinway B by chasingrainbows @ 04/23/15 04:33 PM

Thanks, Jeff. I am still not clear whether or not random keys can go out of tune. Can that happen?
Jump to new posts Approximate cost of a new WNG action by Scott E @ 04/23/15 04:23 PM

Would it be possible to estimate the cost (say +/- 50%) of a new WNG action for a recent grand (post 1985) with a Renner action, if the key levers are in good shape?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Interview with Mrs. Sokoloff, Part II by Rich Galassini @ 04/23/15 04:19 PM

Check out the second installment of an interview with a truly fascinating lady, Mrs. Eleanor Sokoloff. Mrs. Sokoloff, Part II
Adult Beginners Forum
BlackJack, EASY pop/rock songs? That sounds great! Which song(s) did you work on? I am happy (and I feel like a bit of a cheat too) because I just found out there is NO auld lang syne in my book. I'm using the self teaching course. The song after Ch
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dog bites piano. by BruceD @ 04/23/15 04:06 PM

That wasn't a dog, that was Dogzilla! Cheers!
Page 22 of 29 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best Steinway Virtual Piano
by carlspost
04/25/15 03:39 AM
What is the piano in this performance?
by PianissiGretto
04/25/15 12:41 AM
Is this something?
by JoelW
04/25/15 12:04 AM
"Dyno" ?
by Charles Cohen
04/24/15 11:23 PM
First Post on PW...Restored C. Bechstein Model B question!
by VoiceDoc
04/24/15 10:58 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,028 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,519 Topics
2,399,463 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission