Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
143 registered (anamnesis, Anne'sson, ajames, 40 invisible), 1712 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Forum Stats
76981 Members
42 Forums
159223 Topics
2338925 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: WilliamTruittKiril Girstein is not correct to say that the shanks are not flexible. They are. Watch the videos on the website and you will see that the shank flexes after the hammer strikes the string. Whether they are stiffe
Pianist Corner
My approach: 1. slow careful practice without getting faster 2. faster playing (sometimes in final tempo) of potential hard spots to find exactly where is the problem 3. fixing problems, coming up with exercises to fix a problem 4. slow practice 5. p
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Piano Tuner Needs Help by A454.7 @ Yesterday at 02:01 PM

Commerce rules--an unfortunate reality of modern uncivilisation.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clean up the mess on the piano by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: peterwsA piano bar, no less! But no pumps. . .too high class for us beeries! There was a thread here a while back about a Steinlager piano, IIRC.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chickering Piano by Markarian @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTI was just talking to Randy Morton of Pacific Piano Supply in Chatsworth CA today. He has action parts made to fit old Chickerings. You do have to modify the wood action brackets to move the whippen rail some to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by Withindale @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

Richard Dain, Hurstwood Farm, will put you down for a carbon fibre grand piano delivered to your music room in Las Vegas.
Adult Beginners Forum
Stubbie.......your post starts with atmosphere, .......cold, ....cup of coffee......did you also smoke a pipe?..... Quote: I'm sitting here on a cold, blustery morning with a cup of coffee in hand and PW to browse, and I have a (largely philoso
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Booked a Trial Lesson by rocket88 @ Yesterday at 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles Cohen I think the hardest part of "being your own teacher" is being able to _hear your own playing_ -- really _hear_ it. . Charles Hearing is certainly difficult, and usually a more advanced skil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Not entirely sure where to start... by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:51 PM

Another thought: Check out the MuseScore forums. You might find somebody there who would undertake the task of transcribing you composition using MuseScore. http://musescore.org/en/forum
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by Markarian @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

Hey Jonathan, I've got an idea. Like you, I favor an ultra-contemporary look for my home. While I do think that a black grand that doesn't have 19th Century flourishes is timeless enough, there is something to be said for having your instrument refle
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawaii CN 25/34/35 versus Yamaha CLP 535 by MRC @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ZippoI didn't have enough time to explore all the possible settings, but in the CLP-535 I couldn't find the way to save the changes on the various parameters (like velocity, brilliance, and so on), it seems don't exist an user p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chickering Piano by Withindale @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark PolishookI had a hard time finding a home for my Chickering here in the UK after I bought my Steingraeber. For a period I was considering selling it through Hurstwood Farm. They were interested in it as an instrument that r
Jump to new posts Re: How to turn off CS10 sound when using Pianoteq with Line In by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

I can only imagine how your superior instrument and the soundboard give that added extra dimension. The Casio I own ( Celviano AP-450 ) just uses the speakers in a cabinet style setup, and has nothing fancy like the soundboard design of your CS10. I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Studio Piano Purchase - Opinions Please by michaelha @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

I also played Charles W, but a baby-grand, the action was so heavy I thought there was something wrong with the action. I didn't even get to really listening to it since I was so distracted with the action. Maybe the one you played wasn't this bad, b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Piano Purchase You Regret? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: michaelhaSerious question, don't most pianos even from the US or Europe, need some work after 30 years? Either some serious voicing but more likely need new strings and hammers - as well as a thorough regulation? I don't think t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

Special cases are always expensive. However, I think the new Yamaha designs are more modern-looking than most.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

There could possibly be a number of reasons why many piano manufacturers don't offer ultra-modern designs, some of which may be : - designing outside the traditional flat box would not only mean a redesign of the case, it may also require a redesig
Adult Beginners Forum
Great posts in this thread.......... Inspiring.......... thanks PW members! I knew this forum is a kind of community of pianolovers.... Regards, Johan B
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

09. Inlanding - Glen - Indaco Intro w/ improvisation - The piece I've been looking forward to, Glen! You know my affinity with Einaudi pieces, right?, and this specific piece brings to my memory the "adventure" I had when I did the finals a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

08. JimF - La fille aux cheveux de lin - "color, expression and dynamics", that's it Jim. That's what I see with this piece. And yes, I think you *are* a pianist. I loved your additional info just because I know the feeling when you|we list
Jump to new posts Re: Can you recommend me a new digital piano? by peterws @ Yesterday at 01:18 PM

Too many guys on here talking about the DGX650 without ever having examined it. The definition of "invalid opinion" I bought mine because I found it better than any other DP in the shop for a variety of reasons.. I bought the 620 years e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Modern Piano Design by JonathanNV @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

When I was seeking a new grand piano, I had hoped to find one which in style matched the other ultra-modern furnishings of my home. With the exceptions of offerings from Sauter and Bosendorfer (both being far beyond my price range) and Story&Cla
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Piano Purchase You Regret? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: Norbert At same time others keep warning about the supposedly short "longevity" of these pianos notwithstanding the fact that many of the more famous Japanese pianos have long exhauste
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Thanks all of you for your advices! Now, I can build on the topic clear curriculum. A dialogue with Dave Frank introduced me to a brilliant teacher, precise guides student to solve the problem.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

07. Richard (zrtf90) - Une Larme (A Tear) - Richard, this a "jewel" for sure. You kept the "sadness" along the entire playing which is IMO the beauty of this piece. This kind of achievement it's not for "all", but you di
Page 22 of 35 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 34 35 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What music do play for your partner/husband/wife
/sweetie?

by Johan B
11/20/14 04:51 PM
One for you soundboard gurus...
by RonTuner
11/20/14 03:08 PM
Yamaha YDP-S51 or Roland F130R?
by Vetyver
11/20/14 02:35 PM
Musical Neighborhood?
by DancerJ
11/20/14 02:01 PM
Dream Piano Search & Purchase
by Miguel Rey
11/20/14 01:00 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission