Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
130 registered (AnastasiaT, Alexander Borro, Anne'sson, accordeur, AllanH, Andre campana, 26 invisible), 1460 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 ABF Survey by jotur @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By StubbieWell, I see Monica K hasn't taken the survey yet. Beat me to it
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] MLP: Equestria Girls "Life Is A Runway" (Piano) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

https://youtu.be/ZXWXfaVH8Ts
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 ABF Survey by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By JeanieACasinitaly, I noticed a lot of 7 day practicers as well. You guys are definitely making me feel guilty . . . and determined to find more bench time in my days! I wouldn't feel guilty at all. Just do what you can is my fe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Six pianos! by ando @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By Markarian And is the D seriously up to $180K??? It's hilarious to see Americans talking about how expensive pianos have become. You guys should take a look at prices in Australia - your eyeballs would pop out of your heads!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Bridge removal by JMichaelWilson @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

What is the best way to remove the bridges on an old upright without destroying the sound board? I am in the process of converting one into a desk for a client!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hamelin's Paganini Variations - Musical Quotes by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

Carl Vine Sonata(the popular one) at :50 (this is a stretch on my part) Chopin Barcarolle at 3:12 Bingo was his name-o(children's song)? at 5:24 Hamelin keeps a perfectly straight face during his Paganini Variations and does so here also(I heard
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Royale PCM Digital Ensemble EG1 Assistance Needed by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

You're talking about hardware failure on the main board of this device. The only reasonable solution is to replace the entire main board. Contact the service dpt. of the vender and see if they have one in stock and if they have a proper service cen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by gracegren @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVS9pHHsGjg This I Dig of You with Wynton Kelly and Hank Mobley. Amazing solo. Heard it yesterday on the local jazz radio, and keep playing it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whispers - idea for an ear-training game for ABF by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

Albunea, Cheryl, thanks for your responses...I've had some additional thoughts which I hope might awaken further interest. The ditty would have to be original. Initially I was thinking of perhaps a 2-part; melody and something underneath. But we c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 10:35 AM

Take a look at "The Sylph" by Niels Gade. It's a beautiful, short, cheery piece that sounds harder than it is.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And so the search begins... by Caine @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

I am so grateful to each of your for your helpful suggestions and things to consider. I'll be printing out your messages and summarizing in a bullet list to carry with me- literally. TwoCats- I don't recall seeing the August Forsters at Michelle's.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 10:27 AM

Hi, Bennevis -- just a great "quickie" survey of compositions from the last 60 years. The Ades was a new one for me; I don't know his music -- but I guess I'd better get crackin'! Thanks for sharing these links!
Jump to new posts Re: String levelling issue? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Making vertical bends in piano wire to bring a string level with the others in the unison is a standard procedure in tone-regulation. On a grand, it is usually done after making sure all the hammer shanks are traveling vertically, the hammers are app
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about first grand piano purchase by carojm36 @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

This is funny. I was recently at ABF wondering if the heavier touch on my old Kawai wasn't interfering with my progress after a year of diligent practice..there I was told it was a technique problem. Here, it's the piano "fighting" th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts a well written write up on Sviatoslav Richter at N.P.R. by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 10:14 AM

Hi Everyone, I found this well written write up on Sviatoslav Richter, and from back in March of this year, at the N.P.R. website. http://www.npr.org/sections/deceptivecad...-the-earth-move
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a recently designed 9 8 grand piano by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 10:10 AM

You wouldn't want to play it fortissimo!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: help choosing a piano for under $500 by Jeff Clef @ Yesterday at 10:10 AM

The opinion that will be most useful to you would be that of the piano tech you send to inspect the candidate instrument[s]. Try http://ptg.org to find one in the area. In the case of the Samick white, the description suggests that an existing tech k
Jump to new posts Possible repin and restring of a coastal grand piano by Mark Davis @ Yesterday at 10:09 AM

I need to quote on a repin and restring of a grand piano (Yamaha), which has very rusty tuning pins and strings. This piano is approximately 50 years old and is in a school hall down at the coast. My initial quote was for servicing the mechanism,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts a newly unveiled Paderewski monument in Poland by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 10:07 AM

Hi Everyone, The unveiling was May 7 of this year. I tried to find a photo of it online that is more detailed than the one with the article. http://www.thenews.pl/1/11/Artykul/20596...riot-Paderewski
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And so the search begins... by Caine @ Yesterday at 10:04 AM

Thank you for the kind offer, Markarian! Also, if you have any suggestions for dealers to avoid or to especially consider, please shoot me a private message (or post if you think appropriate). Thanks
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: help choosing a piano for under $500 by S. Phillips @ Yesterday at 10:03 AM

Check out the Baldwin. Don't even consider the Samick. For that kind of money if the strings aren't rusty you can't miss with a 20 year old Baldwin.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to perform right the first time by Hakki @ Yesterday at 10:02 AM

Batuhan, this is very common around students (playing perfectly at home, but not in lessons or in public). All of your concerns and solutions are addressed in a few articles in the books which I gave links at the Accuracy thread.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 ABF Survey by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 09:53 AM

Well, I see Monica K hasn't taken the survey yet.
Jump to new posts Question about rd700nx CONTROL light by ZeroZero @ Yesterday at 09:53 AM

I am trying to delve deeper into this machine but I find the manual is not clear enough for a musician (rather than techy). Does anyone understand the CONTROL light please? This light is situated above the layer level light to the left of the main
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-150 recording by Cue Zephyr @ Yesterday at 09:48 AM

Sounds amazing! Great playing too. I know that may not sound like that much coming from a not-yet piano player but I like it a lot. I've been looking at everything from the PX-150 up to and including the PX-5S mostly because almost everybody swears
Page 22 of 30 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Assistance appreciated (intermediate-ish?)
by Venividivici
11 minutes 1 second ago
Messian "La colombe"
by Eric NYC
58 minutes 55 seconds ago
Charles Walter - Recent Pricing
by gte937k
Today at 02:08 PM
Advice on used piano for my daughter
by AnastasiaT
Today at 01:42 PM
Key Sensitivity/Dynamics
by Mace
Today at 12:15 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,397 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,305 Topics
2,409,978 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission