Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
103 registered (AlexanderLee, augustm, aesop, ando, Al LaPorte, 27 invisible), 1018 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 baldwin sd 10 concert grand by piano man 3758 @ 03/03/15 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By MarkarianDid I miss you saying you were actually thinking of buying it? If I like it when it is finished,yes I will buy it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 baldwin sd 10 concert grand by piano man 3758 @ 03/03/15 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By Piano PracticeSounds like you'll have a winner! I say, keep the signatures Will the piano be kept in a home (personal use) or used in a public setting? It will be in my home.
Adult Beginners Forum
zrtf90: Your comments were quite useful. By dropping the one note from the problem measures I was able to get my hands to coordinate. After practicing for a few days I was able to add them back in and finally play the piece correctly. I'm working
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
More a Chopin / Liszt medley with a bit of Mario at each end, wouldn't you say? Good skillz. Why did you choose the CP4 over the RD800, MP7 etc?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 baldwin sd 10 concert grand by Markarian @ 03/03/15 11:06 PM

Did I miss you saying you were actually thinking of buying it?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: String Covers and Volume reduction by Miguel Rey @ 03/03/15 11:05 PM

I found the wool ones to change the tone a bit more on the mellower side and slightly deadening in the treble. I personally didn't like the sound after voicing with it off so I now use a thick speaker material, same used as an undercover. No dust a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by Markarian @ 03/03/15 11:04 PM

Their pianos are already way overpriced, especially when compared to Shigeru and Estonia. I loved the Omega I played, but Norbert is right. They're already pricey. Nice work, Sauter. You and Petrof let us know how this works out for ya.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the key of your life? by argerichfan @ 03/03/15 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By Eldridge....And synesthesia is still generally considered a mental illness, with strong links to schizophrenia. Considered by whom? (This is the first I hear of any of that....) Likewise. Messiaen
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!! by JA Musication @ 03/03/15 10:49 PM

I'm fairly new to Piano World but I wanted to interject a couple of things. First, by teaching words like "quarter, half-note" and "ta, ti-ti", you are giving students an aural and vocal learning medium for the visual one on the
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Louis PodestaI will say it! Where do you come off, like so many other presenters before you, playing this great piece on a (digital) Yamaha Clavinova CLP-950? The science of acoustics is just that, a science. And, please don't
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the key of your life? by Mark_C @ 03/03/15 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By Eldridge....And synesthesia is still generally considered a mental illness, with strong links to schizophrenia. Considered by whom? (This is the first I hear of any of that....)
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By BDBThe rug is Karastan. Proves what I know. That's a heck of a Karastan.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: I bought new DP last week(Yamaha CP4) and played it. by RUSS SHETTLE @ 03/03/15 10:23 PM

After listening to you play I forgot the question. Truly impressive! You must have been playing since age 4. The CP4 sounds very good. I purchased the CP5 just before the 4 came out.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the key of your life? by argerichfan @ 03/03/15 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By Brahms88B flat Major Why? Brahms 2d Piano Concerto Brahms Handel Variations Brahms Sextet for Strings No. 1 Haydn Variations too! (Equally magnificent in orchestral or 2 piano version, a truly great accomplishment, not that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Super Mario Piano Medley - Yamaha CP4 by TwoSnowflakes @ 03/03/15 10:21 PM

Well, I don't think I've ever heard Super Mario segue to Chopin Waltz C# minor, to Fantaisie Impromptu to La Campanella and back to Super Mario. No, strike that, I am absolutely certain I have never heard that before. I'm not entirely sure what t
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New piano by Scott U @ 03/03/15 10:20 PM

Congrats on the new piano!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Share your favorite/most useful practice tools! by Cheeto717 @ 03/03/15 10:18 PM

1) practice backwards. It's really easy for pieces to sound good at the beginning, then slowly decrease in quality as we make our way through the piece simply because we have spent unequal amounts of time on each section. 2) practice in sections. T
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tension buildup when learning a new piece slowly by DragonPianoPlayer @ 03/03/15 09:59 PM

Just a thought. Could there be a difference in posture at home vs lessons? Do you sit the same distance away. Are your forearms sloping the same? Is the height of keys minus bench similar. I think you said you practice on a digital. Could you be t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by backto_study_piano @ 03/03/15 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:Does this mean that previously bought Sauters no longer have a warranty that is honored by the seller? Sellers don't underwrite warranties - manufacturers do. Luckily an almost non-existing concern with Sauter pian
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Would like your opinion on a used Yamaha C3 I'm considering by backto_study_piano @ 03/03/15 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By digitaleagle ... and also having been neglected over the past 14 years ... A neglected piano can cost considerabe $$$ to get right. I recently had a friend with a 15-20 yr old upright which had been neglected but, in the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by PhilipInChina @ 03/03/15 09:47 PM

Should be some good bargains going, then, if you are prepared to undertake any "warranty" work on your own dollar?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Carpet under grand piano by PhilipInChina @ 03/03/15 09:42 PM

"Many hands make a tall horse". It works much better if it is under the casters as well. Really there is no reason not to. It is very simple. 2 of us did my Bechstein B in minutes.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Ed Foote @ 03/03/15 09:40 PM

Greetings, In my experience, pianos that players find difficult to control are just as likely to be very bright. This Steinway is being compared to a lot of Asian uprights, it seems, and they are often very bright. I have often voiced an overly b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What level of piece should you learn? by hreichgott @ 03/03/15 09:40 PM

Hi ClarinetOnBroadway, Working on pieces that are sight-readable (or nearly so) is really great. You will learn a lot that way. The only reason to work on harder music is if there are harder pieces (but not too hard) that interest you. The only drawb
Pianist Corner
My 3 reasons are: 1) I've wanted to 2) I want to 3) I'm going to want to
Page 22 of 36 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland RD-700GX ivory key wear
by AlexanderLee
38 minutes 28 seconds ago
Opened up my Chickering Brothers Grand
by pianoman9
56 minutes 24 seconds ago
the best piano music
by mery
Today at 02:17 AM
pianodisc?
by JustHarmony
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Pianodisc, Disklavier...
by JustHarmony
Yesterday at 09:49 PM
Forum Stats
78,392 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,087 Topics
2,379,894 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission