Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U3 by dcnm50 @ 09/16/14 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: michaelha$4200 for a 40 year old, grey-market U3 seems pretty ridiculous. You can probably buy a brand new one for the US around $7-8K. If it was a super unusual, play like a 10 year old piano, I'd offer $2000. I just chec
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by TimR @ 09/16/14 02:38 PM

I use Noteworthy Composer, which is free (though I paid for the full version as I use it so much). I'm pretty sure you can set staff to invisible. I'll try tonight and let you know.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Bombing" during lessons... by 8 Octaves @ 09/16/14 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXSo at last night's lesson this increasingly common habit of my under-performing pieces that I spent a whole week getting ready came to a head. After twice attempting to play a piece featuring my first use of Alberti Bass
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Advice Digital Piano < 800 GPB by toddy @ 09/16/14 02:31 PM

The last one - the Casio - is OK. The PX range is even better value - try the PX 350. As for the others, they look a bit too good to be true at that price. I expect the appearance is a great deal more enticing than the feel, sound and fine details o
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI to USB adapters? by 255 @ 09/16/14 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark NMOne of the cheapest but branded MIDI to USB adapters I found is the M-Audio Midisport. Have you had any experience with it? Yes. Works like a charm. If you have the latest Windows you don't even need to install the driver
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Ganddalf @ 09/16/14 02:24 PM

I plan to do the repeats, but not make any difference between first and second time like some pianists do. I have heard some excellent performances where the pianist added lots of embelishments second time, but I don't feel qualified to do this mysel
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learned something new today by PianoStudent88 @ 09/16/14 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXLiving down here in lower Delaware I am fairly isolated from folks whom I could invite for piano parties. There is one poster in this forum that shares my piano teacher, but I really don't know any folks whom I could form
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 Order Cancelled by Banzai_Ed @ 09/16/14 02:22 PM

Does VPC1 support continous padal action? I saw only "half" in the spec.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U3 by Rachmanny @ 09/16/14 02:21 PM

I bought my 1976 Yamaha U3H for 4400 dollars. It was in mint condition and keeps its tuning for a long time. It is an excellent piano with a mellow sound (although I wish it had that little umph in the bass). If this 1973 U3H you are looking at is in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1981 SCHIMMEL GRAND by Markarian @ 09/16/14 02:18 PM

I flew halfway across the country to pick my piano out. It's certainly not unheard of, especially when you're forking over that kind of dough. To me, it was another external cost to be considered with the piano, like regulation, transport, etc.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The piano made it home in time... by Markarian @ 09/16/14 02:13 PM

I hope that girl who is playing passes it down to her great-grand daughter and so on. And the musical talent may skip a generation or two. The mahogany Model O my Great Grandpa bought for my aunts and grandpa in 1937 is now sitting in my cousin's hou
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts "Black Widow" - Iggy Azalea by Zach Evans @ 09/16/14 02:13 PM

Hey, Here's my piano version of Black Widow by Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora, hope you like it! Black Widow Piano Cover -Zach Evans
Adult Beginners Forum
CarlosCC - I just listened to Joana's Secret. That is a truly beautiful composition, very sensitively played. As Jotur said, you are truly and inspiration to us all!
Jump to new posts Re: What do you think about the Fatar TP40 keybed? by fizikisto @ 09/16/14 02:11 PM

3mb3r4 It should be fine for learning on. It's interesting that you characterize it as too heavy. My Nord stage 2 shares the same action and I would characterize it as a very light feeling action. But then, I was mostly comparing it to a Yama
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U3 by michaelha @ 09/16/14 02:09 PM

$4200 for a 40 year old, grey-market U3 seems pretty ridiculous. You can probably buy a brand new one for the US around $7-8K. If it was a super unusual, play like a 10 year old piano, I'd offer $2000.
Jump to new posts Advice Digital Piano < 800 GPB by Altair @ 09/16/14 02:09 PM

Hi I'm thinking to buy a digital piano, I saw these: http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Minster-MPS-8H-Digital-Piano-Rosewood/KRM http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/DP70U-Upright-Digital-Piano-by-Gear4music/QFI http://www
Jump to new posts Re: RD-800 typical EQ settings by Jay Roland @ 09/16/14 02:08 PM

fizikisto, i discovered the Hard Brilliant Grand last night while jamming to some tracks. Something about that tone i just love. i also made a variant of the Studio Grand (#034) with the Character parameter turned up to +4 and I really dig that o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Hakki @ 09/16/14 02:08 PM

Groan
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: That awkward non-playing hand... by dpaws @ 09/16/14 02:05 PM

This is interesting because I never thought about it until recently with the recitals. In my mind, my non-playing hand simply vanishes from thought. When needed again it re-appears. It wasn't until I recorded myself for the recital that I watched
Adult Beginners Forum
- a double coincidence of timing (I was reading the forum) and it being one of very few pieces I can claim to be familiar with!
Jump to new posts Re: RD-800 typical EQ settings by fizikisto @ 09/16/14 01:57 PM

A little OT but dang, this thread reminds me that I need to explore the pianos on my RD800 more. I mainly use the new Vgrand based patch and the new upright (both which sound great to my ear). Although I have to be careful. I know myself well enou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Mark_C @ 09/16/14 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Damonragtime? yeah
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI to USB adapters? by NormB @ 09/16/14 01:46 PM

I have had good luck with the Midisport 2x2 after rotten luck with others. Driver quality seems to be a key issue here. FYI I am using Windows 7 Pro.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by 255 @ 09/16/14 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Rebecca PianoHave you tried Sibelius? Well he can try anything, almost all the notation software can hide the staves.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Damon @ 09/16/14 01:40 PM

ragtime?
Page 22 of 27 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 26 27 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
help with finger numbers in this piece...
by PianoKimmy
09/18/14 05:35 AM
Most Difficult?
by SiFi
09/18/14 01:21 AM
What is most common size wire to break?
by Ed McMorrow, RPT
09/18/14 12:19 AM
Will this Piano Room have good Acoustics?
by flamenco88
09/17/14 10:59 PM
Proud new owner of a Yamaha P22
by amanda416
09/17/14 09:04 PM
Who's Online
59 registered (Al LaPorte, alexbergauer, 36251, ando, aesop, allakart, 13 invisible), 940 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76237 Members
42 Forums
157598 Topics
2314885 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission