Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: RGibsonThe middle sections are the most difficult..... at least for me. This is so correct .. It's the full version, and the middle is fun. In the way dwarf fortress is fun. You have to play games (a lot) to understand the l
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by Eldridge @ 10/21/14 09:18 PM

For most of us, scale and arpeggio practice is necessary. But that has not been true for all artists. Gould and Argerich are two pianists who said they never played technical exercises. As for the Liszt "played them till the end of his life&quo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by musicpassion @ 10/21/14 09:16 PM

Congrats on the new Kawai! Enjoy! Great pics, btw.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by musicpassion @ 10/21/14 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXAbout a month ago I looked into a supplemental book to go along side my Faber lesson series, and I found "The Festival Collection Book 1" by Helen Marlais. The Festival Collection is a good one - I regularly us
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ack! My piano is diseased! by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/21/14 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: woodogThis post allows me to address a serious topic (OH NO!!) yes, I hear you groaning and moaning. It is a good practice, when playing on instruments that others use, to wash your hands thoroughly before and after the session
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RECOVERING PIANO HAMMERS by JohnSprung @ 10/21/14 09:02 PM

Maybe ask Renner for a price to custom make a set the size you need?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by rungabic @ 10/21/14 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: paninoIn two days a Kawai technician will come to my home(!) and look what he could do for me. Now how do I get a Kawai technician to come to my home in a couple of weeks, if my third MP11 is another dud? I would have absolutel
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/21/14 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersOriginally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesOriginally Posted By: Michael Sayers If that is true then you should be practicing right now. As of this week I have acquired one of the horrendous Swedish cold variants so I hav
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway event by KurtZ @ 10/21/14 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: iLawI don't know anything about the Cleveland Steinway dealer who's holding this particular sale, but when the Chicago dealer has one of these sales (and I think I've been to at least three of them in the last few years) the pia
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN--RENNER ACTION? by JohnSprung @ 10/21/14 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: terminaldegreeThat new Pratt & Whitney high-bypass ratio turbofan action...it repeats 11,000 times faster than any other and can absorb a birdstrike. Perfect for Messiaen. Personally, I couldn't keep up with the 14 cyli
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt - La Leggierezza by argerichfan @ 10/21/14 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersNext time you can do it with the Leschetizky cadenza finale, probably the conductor, audience and critics won't have a clue what is happening . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgKA7yPem6s Very interesting, I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/21/14 08:51 PM

You mean from the chamber workshop at Curtis this past June? Grieg Norwegian Dances, Op. 35, Nos. 2 & 4. Were you at the recital? I had a blast with them. My partner was such a treat to play with!
Pianist Corner
Those days come too seldom, huh? It's something to remember tho with joy. What WAS that four hander, please?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Maurizio Pollini at Carnegie Hall by Eldridge @ 10/21/14 08:46 PM

This is what you call a mediocre review? http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/22/arts/music/maurizio-pollini-at-carnegie-hall.html?_r=0 Doubt, the theologian Paul Tillich wrote, is an “element of faith.” After Maurizio Pollini’s Mozart program with the M
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ 10/21/14 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: anotherscottDon't worry, I haven't stalked anyone since my parole. ;-)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ack! My piano is diseased! by woodog @ 10/21/14 08:33 PM

This post allows me to address a serious topic (OH NO!!) yes, I hear you groaning and moaning. It is a good practice, when playing on instruments that others use, to wash your hands thoroughly before and after the session. And... This is a biggie...
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by Kawai James @ 10/21/14 08:30 PM

That's good to hear - thank you for the update panino. Kind regards, James x
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by Polyphonist @ 10/21/14 08:29 PM

Although I don't understand what's going on so far in this piece, I will continue in the four-voice idiom.
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by Kawai James @ 10/21/14 08:29 PM

Jtreimer, I'm sure it's just a cable or configuration issue, and eventually everything will click into place and you'll be up and running. Slightly off-topic, but I recently received this wireless bluetooth MIDI connector: http://www.quicco.co.jp/a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Bob @ 10/21/14 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Gadzar Why do they want all the pianos to be tuned the same week? This is a large, nationwide church and these are Christmas tunings that should be done between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The bid winner has other contracts
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by bkw58 @ 10/21/14 08:28 PM

Minnesota Marty Marty was a widely-traveled performing classical pianist and was engaged in a large amount of master class teaching as well. In latter years he cut back on these activities and most of his performances were largely limited to Eastern
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Janko keyboard video by Michael Sayers @ 10/21/14 08:28 PM

This is the first time I've seen a video of one being played. It looks like there might be a shortage of surface contact area for the fingers . . . maybe that some things would prove to be physically incongruous, but it is interesting to see.
Hi Paul - I sanded the pressure bar with a palm sander, starting with 220 grit, and working my way up through 9 grits to 2500 - then coated it with shellac. For stripper we ordinarily use a brand called Jasco, sold by Lowes. For the soundboard we
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared piano by Michael Sayers @ 10/21/14 08:23 PM

They did quite a good job with it, I'm impressed.
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with easy presets by Kawai James @ 10/21/14 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: MatoI think I will have to try the MP7 and the RD-800 out it person (hopefully somewhere in London) and also try lifting them as well! I'd give Rose Morris in Denmark Street a call - they list the MP7 and RD-800 (among other m
Page 22 of 30 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29 30 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Uneven piano keys
by shah
26 minutes 14 seconds ago
Forster vs August Forster
by eazydyonizy
Today at 03:43 AM
Grigory Sokolov releases album
by wimpiano
Today at 03:11 AM
Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos
by brahms
Today at 02:54 AM
Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms.
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 02:13 AM
Who's Online
112 registered (anotherscott, Alexander Borro, 36251, Al LaPorte, 38 invisible), 1402 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76620 Members
42 Forums
158438 Topics
2326723 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission