Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
68 registered (AtticCat, barbaram, Bambers, alwatson, Agent88, 13 invisible), 1538 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by Mark_C @ 02/18/17 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By Damon They are all hard. Op 31 no 2 (Beethoven) is best Barcarolle (Chopin) is worst by far Everything else is good. Great post. Oh -- there's one mistake there. What you meant was Barcarolle is the #1 piece of all t
Adult Beginners Forum
Just remember, words on screens are like notes on paper - open to many interpretations
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can't find sheet music? by Morodiene @ 02/18/17 11:00 AM

If you own the book, it's perfectly legal to photocopy for page turns, etc.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by Damon @ 02/18/17 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By Franz BeebertHi everyone! How would you rate the following pieces from easiest to hardest? And how would you rate them in preference, from the piece you like the most to the least? Here are the pieces: Jardins Sous La Pluie (Deb
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short sustained sound of Boston GP 193 by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 02/18/17 10:54 AM

Can you check the downbearing?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's most beautiful melody by Carey @ 02/18/17 10:51 AM

Speaking of harmony, here's a "barbershop" rendition of another McCartney song...."Yesterday." Been one of my faves ever since it first came out in 1965. https://youtu.be/swef2-Yz_YI
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Toyo A-35 Grand - comments please by Rickster @ 02/18/17 10:50 AM

I see you are new here, happymagic. Welcome to Piano World! There is a sub-forum here on PW especially for piano technicians and piano tech related discussions. Of course, those kinds of questions are discussed here also, but this forum is mainly
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By RichrfThat you can separate the art from the technique is quite interesting. And that you believe that there is one proper way is even more interesting. It's this what you were taught? Without the technique to express what you w
Pianist Corner
Get a teacher who understands something about improvisation. And get started on improvisation right away, start with simple melodies and basic chords. Keep on with what you re already doing as well.
Piano Forum
I don't think that $100 per month including tuning and moving is possible today. It cost at least $200 each way to move a piano and another $100 or more for tuning. A dealer would have to rent for 5 months just to cover costs, not including wear and
Adult Beginners Forum
Quote: You're unfortunately displaying your ignorance. I never once used the word 'art' in relation to the mechanics of piano playing. I used the word technique. Music is an art form. The actual playing of the instrument - whether it's a piano, picc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: August Fӧrster Piano Dealer in California by Rich D. @ 02/18/17 10:40 AM

I always liked this performance on an August Forster. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyOR7kfId2Y&list=FLjkygaua6eyxZYXilkuq2mg&index=35
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Richrf[ Totally, 100% disagree. You're making far too much of piano playing and putting it on a pedestal it shouldn't be on. Techniques diverge as do the waves in an ocean. There is nothing special about the piano other than it
Jump to new posts Re: Piano sounding terrible by msxoin @ 02/18/17 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By DoelKeesOriginally Posted By msxoin Maybe what it needs is to be thrown away and be replaced. Just sayin'. Kees That's a nice idea, if you're buying. I'm going to send you my IBAN to deposit the funds for my new Fazioli...ju
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny exercises by Jeff Clef @ 02/18/17 10:18 AM

The Palmer-edited edition of Op. 740 [complete in one cover], published by Alfred, is a beautiful work. I wish every publisher could offer the clarity of engraving and printing, with a binding which is kind to both the hands and the eyes. 208 pp., s
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By RichrfThe is simply no such thing as "properly" in any endeavor in life whether it be piano, guitar, cooking, drawing, or throwing a football spiral. Everyone does it differently and every t
Jump to new posts The Challenge of Aural Piano Tuning by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 02/18/17 10:16 AM

Many technicians use ETD's and many want to be better aural tuners. I have done some research in this area and this is what I have found. I hope it is useful to some. All intervals change speed chromatically about 6% in Equal Temperament. We are bo
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By RichrfThe is simply no such thing as "properly" in any endeavor in life whether it be piano, guitar, cooking, drawing, or throwing a football spiral. Everyone does it differently and every teacher teaches it differently
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dmdOriginally Posted By zrtf90Originally Posted By dmdAny teacher I have run into will shudder when hearing you say "I am going to get ALL the books for that level". They would much rather hear "I will get the one
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CLP 585, LX-7 and LX-17 key weight by Goss @ 02/18/17 10:07 AM

Some actions are heavy, some are light, some are in the middle - not really an issue of realistic or other - it's like that across all black and whites. Rolands' PHA-50 action is also on the heavy side; perhaps give Kawai's CS11 a go when you have
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by bSharp[C]yclist @ 02/18/17 09:58 AM

pianosyllabus.com gives these pieces a 9 or 10, so they must be popular
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bennevis But for anyone serious about learning to play the piano properly, a teacher is practically essential. Piano playing is highly technical. Once a faulty technique has been ingrained, it's very difficult to undo. Comparing
Piano Forum
Carnes Piano in San Jose has a rental business. The greater Bay Area is fairly thick with piano firms--- I would guess there are around 10 - 12; maybe more than that, if you count everyone. I would not like to guess at their rates, when you can fin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by SadieLady @ 02/18/17 09:42 AM

Books I use: Pathways to Artistry Masterworks Level 1 Catherine Rollin (PAM1) 1. Etude in C, OP. 823, No. 11, Czerny (PAM1) SoundCloud 2. Canzonetta in A Minor, Geza Horvath (PAM1) SoundCloud 3. Roundelay, Joachim van den Hove (PAM1)SoundCloud 4. Al
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By RichrfThe way it is presented in this forum sometimes it's that all life ends without a teacher. And I've can't play basketball or learn to draw without a teacher? This worshipping of piano b teachers is really quite a myth. If
Page 22 of 24 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Does the Kawai CS-11 have a soft-close lid?
by Giin
02/20/17 02:04 AM
April 1, I'm performing in Carnegie Hall (not as a pianist)
by Orange Soda King
02/19/17 10:32 PM
Easy, but fast and energetic pieces?
by VijvalN
02/19/17 10:08 PM
Need Advice - May Purchase 16 Yr Old Nordiska
by JJKNB
02/19/17 06:25 PM
My practice app of choice and how I use it
by JackMusic
02/19/17 06:24 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,729 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,595 Topics
2,600,065 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission