Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble finding good pianos by Louis Podesta @ 08/18/14 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoThis is out of curiosity, for the performing pianists out there. Is this an issue for you, where you live? I already heard this was a real problem when I started performing more seriously, but this is becoming a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
It is indeed very interesting, one might even say very odd. Must be difficult to find the best price around... In my case unfortunately it becomes difficult to make a choice between all of those when they all seem like a good choice ! I removed the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by BDB @ 08/18/14 06:39 PM

Or Three Easy Pieces for duet.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mistakes and errors! by musdan @ 08/18/14 06:39 PM

Mark I guess that makes the three of us.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinhoven... where's the discussion? by michaelha @ 08/18/14 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Robin66I could imagine a scenario where a few key Yamaha piano designers were poached by a Chinese start-up, cut a few corners where 99.9% of people wouldn't notice, I disagree, I think it's closer to 99.99% of the people on
Jump to new posts Re: Sturdy support for digital piano? by dmd @ 08/18/14 06:33 PM

I looked at the specifications .... It says minimum height = 720 inches. What does that mean ? The shortest height is 60 feet ? Not real useful. Am I mis-reading that ? Must be a typo. LOL ...
Originally Posted By: Mr.GManOriginally Posted By: Starboard Are you sure you can get those models are the price range you're looking for? I'm absolutely positive I can, here's a link to a well known internet dealer in my country (piano reseller in
Originally Posted By: Starboard Are you sure you can get those models are the price range you're looking for? I'm absolutely positive I can, here's a link to a well known internet dealer in my country (piano reseller in my town usually align to it
Speaking as a US consumer who was recently in the market for a DP (went with an MP11, might be exchanging it for a VPC1, though--still pondering it), I'll say that I wish we had the CA15 here. If I could get it at a decent price a little below stree
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mistakes and errors! by Morodiene @ 08/18/14 06:11 PM

Is that a question?
Originally Posted By: Kubla. . . The salesman at Guitar Center was knowledgeable and pleasant. His demo of the MOXF8 (which he said was a favorite of his) was quite impressive. It's always helpful to hear someone who plays well and can make the ins
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering a change by Morodiene @ 08/18/14 06:09 PM

I am going to stick it out this last year, and continue to look for sublease people. I didn't think of doing non music teachers, but why not? I'm just trying to think of other ideas that I could get rolling so I can "phase out" the studio s
Originally Posted By: DigitalguyOriginally Posted By: toddyOriginally Posted By: skiranged I've seen a fairly unwarranted bias on this site against Casio Hi Skiranged. Where did you see these biased opinions - can you give a link? Hi Toddy, I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by JimF @ 08/18/14 06:02 PM

arrrgh, when am I going to learn to type these up in Word or something with save capability. Lost about half a dozen writeups to my own stupid error. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.
Jump to new posts Re: How do I record my piano in Audacity? by Charles Cohen @ 08/18/14 05:59 PM

The first thing to check is whether you're overloading the PC's audio input. To do that: . . . Turn the volume _way down_ (but not to zero) on the piano, . . . and try another recording _using the same touch_. Don't try to increase the volume by
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by Tom Christian @ 08/18/14 05:55 PM

Quote:wouter79: Did you notice that m9-16 are in G and not in C, and that the left hand is playing the main melody, but now in G instead of C? I had the same discussion with my piano teacher. Is it really the case that the left hand has the melody? I
Originally Posted By: Mr.GMan1500 euros price range ... I'm currently looking at 3 models: Kawai CN34 Yamaha CLP-535 Roland HP-504 My DP pricing knowledge is limited to the US market, but only one of those models--the CN34--is even close to the 1500
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble finding good pianos by TwoSnowflakes @ 08/18/14 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: leelThat was what is known as a piano-shaped object Haha. Yup, that's what it was.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
You might consider restoring it to its original self. These organs have an interesting tone you sure don't get from electronics. The usual problems are leaking bellows and mouse turds in the reeds. Look at the web site from Beehive. They speciali
Oh, and MrG.man--I'm in the same boat regarding a local Casio reseller. The closest to me is a 2 hour drive (which isn't as easy to get away from home for anymore). But that's true of everything except Roland in my neck of the woods (and even the Rol
For 1500 Euros, you might be able to buy a Kawai VPC-1 controller, a copy of Pianoteq, and a pair of speakers. That assumes you have a PC that can run Pianoteq. Judged by "touch and sound", that might be as good, or better, than any cons
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Dave Frank solo - "Cydonia" by Dfrankjazz @ 08/18/14 05:44 PM

A Burner for Youse: http://youtu.be/FlBbru3pOow
toddy-- I'll stand corrected, as I seem to have mis-spoken about negative Casio reviews. I remember some bias in one place I read (of course, maybe it was my local music shop who refused to carry Casio and still sneer when I go in for Casio accessor
Originally Posted By: toddyOriginally Posted By: skiranged I've seen a fairly unwarranted bias on this site against Casio Hi Skiranged. Where did you see these biased opinions - can you give a link? Hi Toddy, I can give you a link here http://
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: USD20000 for a grand piano. What are my choices? by JohnSprung @ 08/18/14 05:37 PM

Even if you're nowhere near Southern California, have a look at: http://livingpianos.com/pianos/ This is Robert Estrin's company. He's a concert pianist, and for most of the pianos he has in stock, he has a 5-10 minute demo video of him playing,
Page 22 of 31 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
70 registered (AndrewJCW, barbaram, bennevis, allakart, beet31425, 14 invisible), 1243 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75843 Members
42 Forums
156798 Topics
2303914 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues
by kobethuy
08/20/14 02:00 AM
Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues
by kobethuy
08/20/14 01:33 AM
My Steinway M birth information.
by ciftwood
08/19/14 08:30 PM
Breathy tone
by JoelW
08/19/14 07:59 PM
HELLO!!
by Synner
08/19/14 07:23 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission