Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
125 registered (ando, accordeur, alwatson, 36251, augustm, 35 invisible), 1309 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade to Roland F P30 by peterws @ Yesterday at 09:47 AM

I got a cheap midi cable for my FP50 and its fine. . .
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By FarmGirl...Here's a pic for you from another struggling soul. Music makes me move this monster across the hotel floor. ... FarmGirl, I just noticed that your keyboard is set up on the ironing boa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by toyboy @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_C BTW, if Debussy and Rachmaninoff were ice cream flavors.... Debussy: strawberry swirl Rachmaninoff: dark chocolate peanut butter Ridiculous thread, but I really like this image! I'm on a very minor Rachmaninoff kick. A
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should you take lessons from same teacher as your child? by ViennaAutumn @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By Peter K. MoseVienna, I'll answer as a piano teacher and say that I think you should indeed trust your misgivings. Your daughter's piano teacher is *hers*. Not yours. I'm glad she has a fine one. Now your job is to find another fi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My upright is good enough for me by Beemer @ Yesterday at 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By WithindaleOriginally Posted By BruceDThe other factor that can affect the difference of consistency of touch between the two is that the release of a key on a grand causes the hammer to fall under the force of gravity. In an upri
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polished ebony:Lacquer vs. Polyurethane vs. Polyester by oldmancoyote @ Yesterday at 09:35 AM

Polyester (or indeed any paint except possibly very thick gold plating) is significantly cheaper than good quality, matched and well applied veneer. There's quite a few pianos available in other lacquer colours, from white to red to blue. In the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade to Roland F P30 by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 09:31 AM

The Synthesia FAQ doesn't recommand some 5$ USB-MIDI cable. And I have read that some don't include opto-isolator as required by the MIDI standard and some have trouble with them (some bit reversed in the MIDI events). I would prefer to buy a 30$ mod
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by Cheeto717 @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_CDebussy much higher on "greatness." Rachmaninoff much higher on "like." Neither terribly low on either. But not terribly high either. Piano Keyboard composers I 'like' more than either, just off top-o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My upright is good enough for me by Withindale @ Yesterday at 09:11 AM

Maurus must have it about right. Bols split uprights and grands into price groups so you can compare. For instance, would you prefer a Steingraeber 122 or an Estonia 168 for about the same price? http://www.bolpianos.nl/vleugels/nieuwevleugel.html
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First ever (as an adult) live recital was today by Piano Tipping @ Yesterday at 09:09 AM

Congrats on performing live. I've never played piano anywhere but my living room. The nerves would be rough. I laughed at the wine in the water bottle part. I used to play guitar and sing in a band years ago. The nerves would get to me big time pla
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed - Yamaha Arius 142 v Kawaii ES 100 by piano_quest @ Yesterday at 09:09 AM

Thanks for the feedback- much appreciated. I might take your advice, get the voucher and make a day of going to the store.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ Yesterday at 09:01 AM

One of the most impassioned utterances in all music. (Tovey) http://nhpianos.com/diabelli-variation-31/
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Piano Tipping @ Yesterday at 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By sirosYou may need to check the pedal. It has a switch on the side. Make sure it is on "continuous". I had no idea what that switched did, thanks. Mine was set to "switch".
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 08:51 AM

As someone that grew up church music, and also has worked 10 years in software publishing, that website makes me laugh in despair. Unfortunately it is an accurate description of the absolute pathetic state of copyright law in the modern world. No wo
Jump to new posts Re: protective case for studiologic gl88 grand by Mta88 @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

Hmmm.... I'll definitely look into that http://www.amazon.com/Gator-GKPE-88-TSA-...tor+88+key+case this was the case i was considering to get.
Jump to new posts Re: Hammond A-405 vs Roland AT-900 platinum edition by Doug M. @ Yesterday at 08:46 AM

Hi Maninironmask. If you're thinking of going for a classic organ, you might also be interested in Viscount organs. Viscount have modeled pipe organs sounds instead of sampled pipe organ sounds: worth looking into!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:44 AM

Originally Posted By TimR... I think we ought to tell people what is illegal and let them make their own decision whether or not to violate it, rather than let them continue on blissfully assuming it is fine to copy music. In most cases it is not.
Piano Forum
I'm looking for a new upright and annoyed by the current Henry Ford "any colour as long as it's black" logic. Ask anyone in a piano store how they feel about cleaning dust off all those black shiny polyester coatings and you know all you ne
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My upright is good enough for me by maurus @ Yesterday at 08:35 AM

Well, you decide. For me, when faced with the decision between, say, a Bechstein Concert 8 and a Kawai GX3 or Yamaha C3x (or the like, list prices are about 30k Euros where I live), the choice would be clearly for the grand. Probably it would even
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano with a built in screen by jdw @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By iLawOriginally Posted By ando Lol, you're showing your age there, Larry! I can tell you that we are in a new age now. All files in use today are infinitely convertible to any new standard that comes alo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 08:32 AM

I would like to thank all the members that commented on my piece, you're all too kind, as usual! I even got a comment by the composer herself on Youtube This recital seems particularly full of modern/contemporary/non classical pieces, and I must sa
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano by joeyh1234 @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

I have tuned two piano's in my time both took an exceedingly long amount of time to do and as I had no experience I bought a tuning wrench of amazon and went at it. I found the easiest way (for me a non professional tuner) was to tune each of the 3
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts A Liszt op. 1 no. 12 Etude - a rehearsal for recital by BobTB @ Yesterday at 08:17 AM

Here is a recording of my son playing the Liszt Etude, preparing for a recital, for you experienced pianists to give us some directions. Teacher thinks that he should slowed it down more at the end, and make it more romantic overall, I almost agree,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts How to improve my playing? by Cedric De Boom @ Yesterday at 08:14 AM

Hi there, I'll start with some background info: I have been playing the piano since I was 4 or 5 years old, started out by taking keyboards lessons from age 8 until 11, and then classical piano from age 12 until last year (I am almost 25 now), all i
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed - Yamaha Arius 142 v Kawaii ES 100 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 08:10 AM

Another thought: "Surprises" are nice. But, since she's going to be playing it, she might be happier if _she_ chooses the one that feels best _to her_. A gift certificate might also be a nice surprise . . .
Page 22 of 29 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
VR piano
by David Farley
05/28/16 04:43 PM
Bechstein in Jerusalem
by David-G
05/28/16 01:55 PM
Questions About Replacing Piano
by newbert
05/28/16 01:49 PM
Moving to ABRSM syllabus from Piano Adventures?
by TrevorM
05/28/16 10:28 AM
Overlapping arpeggios in Chopin's etude in A flat Op 25 No 1
by AndersJ
05/28/16 10:16 AM
Forum Stats
83,794 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,992 Topics
2,528,682 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission