Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
109 registered (Alexander Borro, Anita Potter, Albunea, anamnesis, 36 invisible), 1328 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How about SONY HDR-MV1 (Music Video Recorder)? by TBell @ Yesterday at 12:43 AM

Amazon.com carries both the ZOOM-Q8 and Rode mics.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kohler and Campbell SKG-600s opinions please by ThePawn @ Yesterday at 12:39 AM

Thank you very much for your input SMHaley! Based on this opinion alone, I am not going to look at this piano. Everything that you relayed to me makes this piano a pass. I have a reasonable amount of space to work with and would like to get more p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Eric Heidsieck Chopin recordings removed from Youtube by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:27 AM

Also, his very interesting recording of the Liszt Sonata - which, too, is from 1974 [meaning the recordings, not the publication date of the compositions ] - still is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQME82iH9kg
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-130R review by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By pv88 I happen to like the action and onboard sounds of my two Clavinova's better than the artificial sounding V-Piano in which the modeling isn't quite right as of yet. I am not yet convinced that the V-Piano's "Vintage I&qu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arthur Friedheim's 1905 piano roll of the Liszt Sonata by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By BrendanThanks for posting this! I enjoyed tit quite a bit (and his other piano rolls, too). There are lots of great ideas and I might steal a few the next time I play it. Hi Brendan, There probably will be few persons in an au
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Étude in D# minor by Bullard @ Yesterday at 12:20 AM

Hey all, first time posting one of my pieces here. I write a LOT for piano, and I wanted to share one of the earliest things I've written. (I started writing about a 2 years ago so it's not "old") I'm all for feedback by the way, that's wh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How about SONY HDR-MV1 (Music Video Recorder)? by S.H.Lee @ Yesterday at 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By HakkiYes, that's it. Assuming you already have a tripod to mount the camera. Good recordings! Sure tripod is needed, i know. But my big question is, in Taiwan there is no dealer to sell ZOOM and Rode products. Can anyone sugg
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Beethoven sonata has this rhythm? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By JoelWThird sonata. Never mind. I still don't know what you're talking about, even after looking up which one is "third sonata." (Opus numbers, please!) No idea which part of the sonata th
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By zrtf90This is it again! It's not what the teacher can teach that's important but the music, the piece itself! And here I disagree. That is not what I need as a student, no
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2 from 2003 by Michiyo-Fir @ 05/27/15 11:55 PM

If you and your tech decide the piano is in good condition, I would let the buyers know that you're really interested in the piano and the condition is as they've described. If you're wanting to pay around 15k for the piano, I would begin with a lo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by Stubbie @ 05/27/15 11:43 PM

I need to be excused for May 29-June 1. Trip to visit family and no piano.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano Let-off screws are Maxed out. by Scriabin67 @ 05/27/15 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By WilliamTruittRemove the action. Measure the distance from the keybed to the string at each end of the bass section and record those values. Measure the height of the hammer shank flange center pin from the keybed. Subtract that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a take on piano (again) new to the forum by grace_note @ 05/27/15 11:37 PM

Hello Andre. All the people that you envy also had to start out not knowing music. It is a long road. A teacher is so helpful if you can afford it, but a good teacher is so worth it. Let us know if you can't afford, or don't want a teacher, and w
Jump to new posts Re: Realities of becoming a piano technician by bkw58 @ 05/27/15 11:34 PM

Mentoring “If you're lucky, at some point in the future when you're in need of guidance or maybe just moral support, you will cross paths with a suitable mentor. Even luckier, you'll realize you've had one in your life all along and you'll gain a
Piano Forum
Yes, that's it. Assuming you already have a tripod to mount the camera. Good recordings!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Beethoven sonata has this rhythm? by Mark_C @ 05/27/15 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWThird sonata. Never mind. I still don't know what you're talking about, even after looking up which one is "third sonata." (Opus numbers, please!) No idea which part of the sonata that's supposed to be.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What did you practise today? by Cflux @ 05/27/15 11:28 PM

1. Rachmaninoff's 2nd concerto - 3rd movement (and I amused myself with a few measures from the first one) 2. Clair de Lune... I need something lighter when the exhaustion sets in
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grieg's Arietta by phantomFive @ 05/27/15 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By Michael SayersHi PhantomFive, That is a nice, meditative reading. I like the subtle asynchonization. Thanks. I think the key here is balancing the left and right hands. But that's just my opinion.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts New Member/New Piano by CFI @ 05/27/15 11:11 PM

Well I'm certainly not new, 46. Just found a Steinway upright locally and after wanting to learn music (starting from scratch) for years, I've finally made the plunge. It's bringing back memories of when I was in primary school learning notes. Excep
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/27/15 11:09 PM

From looking at the pictures it looks like the design used the D scales; speaking length, strike point, and multi-string unisons. The action pictured seems to indicate the hammer spacing along the strike was changed. I can't make out from the pictur
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Spacestation v3 keyboard amp for AP sounds by anotherscott @ 05/27/15 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By thomsurfIt's wierd, but also very welcoming, to read some critical reviews. Seems like almost nobody had anything negative to say about the SS. I'm very picky about my tone and haven't found the zxa's to be all that great for pi
Adult Beginners Forum
Congratulations Brian! That's such a nice story! Very inspiring.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by Ronnie J @ 05/27/15 11:01 PM

Sounds great! I'm going to pick up some reading material this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks guys!
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by Cinnamonbear @ 05/27/15 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By proutIn reply to the OP, who asked about staccato marks with the sustain pedal engaged, here is a test. I have recorded 4 forte arpeggios using four different attacks - first staccato from well above the keys, second staccato
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by grace_note @ 05/27/15 10:53 PM

Welcome to the forum, Ronnie J! Let us know how you are progressing and if you have any questions....we're here to help!
Page 23 of 39 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 38 39 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
European Pianos in Canada
by Juli_et
05/29/15 08:16 AM
Casio AP460 or Kawai CA15 - or now CA17?
by lharrington
05/29/15 07:17 AM
Very interesting.....Lang Lang's story...
by rnaple
05/29/15 04:23 AM
Recently bought a Casio PX860! this is awesome!!!
by dandan19zs1
05/29/15 03:33 AM
Can you identify this baby grand?
by pevo
05/29/15 12:22 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,456 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,423 Topics
2,411,978 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission