Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
164 registered (AlanSanDiego, accordeur, Almaviva, Anita Potter, Abby Pianoman, 48 invisible), 1543 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserWhat is the opinion of a 'best' fingering for a black key, for an absolutely steady in tempo and volume repeated single note, that also needs to be dynamically played over several bars? I also add a sustain pedal
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPressera favorite way to play the repeated G# note in the RH starting in bar 28 with maximum control Your 1-2 idea is a great idea. Various kinds of finger switching would work. Because it is so quiet, I actually find I
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Horizons" by larryz @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

I like this one. The midi rendition reminds me of the game music to Civilization series.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By Melodialworks MusicOriginally Posted By stamkorg But for me, the lack of a VST or a standalone version is a problem. Huh? Requires Kontakt 5.3 or later, which runs both as VST or standalone. But that will be a problem for tho
Piano Teachers Forum
What is more important, playing from memory or playing well? Here are a few things to ponder: - In Beethoven's time, playing with the score was the norm. - Chopin criticised a student who proposed to play a piece by memory, saying that he was arroga
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by Melodialworks Music @ Yesterday at 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By PtJaaAnd the mandatory question: does it support half/continuous pedalling and repedalling? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on the page, though their mentioning "samples were carefully crafted at both pedal up and pedal
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: any moving tips to be aware of? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 08:14 AM

Congratulations on your new-to-you Steinway grand! Happy playing! Rick
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to teach using two pianos? by TimR @ Yesterday at 08:13 AM

I'm trying to picture this. Side by side? Keyboard to keyboard? North-south, like the old courting chair?
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By griffin2417 I'm curious as to whether some students who dropped out pursued music in other ways. One of my daughters dropped out of piano after a year. I had asked her to do two years, but she is adept at negotiating a barg
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By Melodialworks MusicOriginally Posted By dire tonic What is the price of the library? Introduction Price: $199 (goes $249 on April 15th) - thanks, so it's starting off at around the current, almost universally reduced, price
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by Melodialworks Music @ Yesterday at 08:07 AM

Originally Posted By dire tonicToo much friggin reverb. Could be nice though - GUI has a novel look about it. I agree, a lot of reverb was used in the demos, but is adjustable. On the one video he used no reverb on the final example. I assume the
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by Melodialworks Music @ Yesterday at 08:04 AM

Originally Posted By stamkorg But for me, the lack of a VST or a standalone version is a problem. Huh? Requires Kontakt 5.3 or later, which runs both as VST or standalone.
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by PtJaa @ Yesterday at 08:03 AM

And the mandatory question: does it support half/continuous pedalling and repedalling? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on the page, though their mentioning "samples were carefully crafted at both pedal up and pedal down positions" don't
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by Melodialworks Music @ Yesterday at 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesSounds great! I love the enthusiasm of the presenter too. I liked the enthusiasm too. Seemed authentic and not scripted.
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by Melodialworks Music @ Yesterday at 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By dire tonic What is the price of the library? Introduction Price: $199 (goes $249 on April 15th)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 07:56 AM

1-2 makes sense after getting to bar 35, where 1 will be placed exactly right. The melody from bar 28 to bar 36 is in the lowest bass...at least for me. To bring it out I've tried to play the LH with a quick and almost imperceptible roll left to righ
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by McBuster @ Yesterday at 07:49 AM

I have puzzled on this defect for some time. I really doubt the original piano sounded like this. I also highly doubt the recording gear or engineers were at fault. I also found the defect will sound different for the internal speakers, headphones,
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev5s0QXbVs4
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by Mark R. @ Yesterday at 07:47 AM

Yes, thanks Chris, this smooth tapering means that my earlier idea of simply cutting a wire-handled rubber mute shorter would have been a non-starter. I've also seen on pictures that the leather is actually glued into a rebate (Americans call it a r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I can't play left hand :( by Purkoy @ Yesterday at 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By CappuccinoI can play right hand and left hand with ONE HAND only with ease, but when it comes to playing both hands my left hand seems to spaze out and my brain doesn't function properly. This is normal. Co-ordinating the han
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By BellicapelliSimilar story here, though i can't regret anything, since i wasn't able to make my choice yet. I'm turning back to my old love, plain classical piano, after 20some years, with loving heart but rusty hands, and will h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by Spitfire @ Yesterday at 07:33 AM

I've decided to start playing piano again. I just got my new digital A few weeks ago. Was piano less before that. I have been playing every day. Can I be added to the list?
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By Sand TigerI started with a Yamaha NP11 (61 plastic keys) and now have a Casio PX150. Some will sneer at these choices, so be it. However, they fit my level of commitment and my level of income and budget. I see piano as a hobby.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP series Piano sample SOUND question by lophiomys @ Yesterday at 07:26 AM

There is still the power of public opinion and customers buying or deciding not to buy. And a lot of warranty repairs and bad word of mouth to be easily avoided. There would also be the possibility to fit a better sound module inside the MP7/MP11 an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:26 AM

Sorry for the double-post. Some resources you may want to check into: Try copying some Bach keyboard music. Note for note onto staff paper. This was what J.S. assigned his children to do when teaching them composition. Do a few inventions and you'll
Page 23 of 28 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Saving Gaza's only grand piano - BBC News
by backto_study_piano
03/26/15 07:44 PM
How to know you're not damaging tuning pins?
by ulymoon
03/26/15 06:06 PM
Keyboard Classics - "Is Your Soundboard Healthy?"
by Bassano
03/26/15 05:41 PM
Kinds of recital programs
by pianoloverus
03/26/15 05:35 PM
The Arrival of Queen of Sheba - Victor Bijelovic, pianist
by Michael Sayers
03/26/15 04:47 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,662 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,730 Topics
2,388,775 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission