Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by The Emperor @ Yesterday at 03:15 AM

Yeh, i tried that, thomann contacted Kawai but unfortunately they don't have a service in Portugal, would have made the process easier. Anyway my Mp-11 is now in Germany, Thomann sent it to Kawai europe to have it checked.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mendelssohn: Prelude and Fugue op. 35/1 by Ganddalf @ Yesterday at 02:55 AM

Thanks, Tobias for presenting this great music! It was really enjoyable to listen to your performance. Just curious about the gradual tempo increase in the fugue - is this indicated by the composer? Anyhow I found it quite effective. I also liked the
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Mp7 advice / help by Banshee @ Yesterday at 02:53 AM

Correct, the user manual is lacking it... However it is described as an instructive step in the Japanese update instructions of firmware 1.05. Seems that the Japanese versions of instructions differ from the other languages, but of course the steps
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital to replace a Boston GP with? by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 02:30 AM

I'd get a clavichord and go Baroque! Solves the cost, won't need headphones, won't disturb the neighbors. And you can keep it too. Problem solved!!
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by panino @ Yesterday at 02:14 AM

Kawai Europe is based 50 km from my home - nice to have!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a real Steinway? by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 02:02 AM

BDB, A.B. Chase was a very respectable company. How do you know the copying wasn't the other way around? When did Steinway "design" the A?
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by Dave Weiser @ Yesterday at 02:00 AM

Nice! Good song selections. Oh man I love the old Sly stuff! I think another factor with the Sly sound is that they were running tube amps, tube mics, tube preamps, tube compressors and printing hot to tape. Ironic that now audio companies spend mi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a real Steinway? by BDB @ Yesterday at 01:32 AM

There were a lot of pianos that copied the Steinway A-1 and A-2 designs more or less accurately. Even Mason & Hamlin did it. In these two pictures, you can see that the fretwork in the music desks differ, as well as the lid prop and the design of
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by dewster @ Yesterday at 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: anotherscottBut if you're saying that the equivalent of a $1500 organ can be added to a $1500 piano for practically nothing, well, I don't really see the basis for that. Once you have the sample playback hardware and software in
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 01:14 AM

Wow nice - thank you for sharing your industry insights Dave! Not quite as cool as patch creation, but I try and sneak-in some song titles when creating screenshots for owner's manuals. Sometimes I will also include original songs that I play with
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Ambitious Jazz beginner by Ruan @ Yesterday at 01:10 AM

Hi Over the past 3 weeks i have been browsing through the forum and i have notices this is a place of great knowledge. I played guitar for a couple of years, then had about 5 years of nothing. about 3 months ago i bought myself a small 61key keybo
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by dewster @ Yesterday at 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: anotherscottEven so, these adapters are not always compatible with everything. Exactly. Try plugging one into something that isn't a PC. IMO MIDI via 5 pin DIN is a dead man walking and USB converters are only keeping the ho
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 12:56 AM

Hello Eric, The current back-order delays in the US are due to one of the vessels carrying a large shipment to Kawai America being delayed. However, I gather that steps are being taken to ensure that the current shipment will have sufficient stock
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by outo @ Yesterday at 12:43 AM

Don't you people think that this discussion has an unnecessarily unfriendly and condescending tone? I don't think it's fair to tell someone not to discuss something because WE may have gone through it in earlier recital threads. New people join ever
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by Dave Weiser @ Yesterday at 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesCool stuff. Guessing the inspiration for a patch (from the name) is all part of the fun when getting a new board. Cheers, James x There are two intentions behind this naming convention: 1. The Kurz boards, unli
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Heroic Polonaise help please... by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: ChopinLives81Originally Posted By: hreichgottWhat about using the printed fingering plus a circular movement of the hand? down/left when playing the thumb, right then up when playing the mordent (allowing the thumb to relax and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Ben Boule I managed to give myself tendonitis in both forearms while I was in the splint, mostly due to typing at work and trying to adapt to using the splint. I hear ya! Good to hear you're bouncing back.
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by David Farley @ Yesterday at 12:07 AM

The only i-UX1 cable I see listed on Yamaha's site has a 30-pin adapter. I hope it works.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Eric Harrison @ Yesterday at 12:03 AM

Hi everyone. Have had the MP7 on order for a little over a month. Was wondering if some of the delay was connected to this hum and other little things I've been reading about in here. My son got about a years worth of us out of his MP6 before it was
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Plowboy @ 10/21/14 11:58 PM

What was his name?
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by Kawai James @ 10/21/14 11:52 PM

Cool stuff. Guessing the inspiration for a patch (from the name) is all part of the fun when getting a new board. Cheers, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Mr Super-Hunky @ 10/21/14 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXOriginally Posted By: wimpianoCome on Brian, let it go. Mr Super Hunky has the very best intentions and I have not a single doubt that your recording will be real to him as well. Let us please leave this behind us. You ar
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Is this a real Steinway? by chernobieff @ 10/21/14 11:51 PM

I recently purchased an A.B.Chase 6'2" grand. I have the catalog that has the model pictured and was excited to get this A.B.Chase for rebuilding. Then i came across this picture online of a Black Steinway 6'2" grand that sold for $75,000.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared piano by rxd @ 10/21/14 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: S. PhillipsPhilip, This is a recurring issue especially at universities where the composers are looking for interesting things to do with instruments. ANY hands on strings will compromise them, especially bass strings. The
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by Dave Weiser @ 10/21/14 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesI'm guessing T-Bone Burnett. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T_Bone_Burnett Correct. I made this preset. I often try to use names of specific songs or albums if the sound is a dead ringer or in the case of this one, s
Page 23 of 31 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Uneven piano keys
by shah
10/23/14 08:57 AM
Forster vs August Forster
by eazydyonizy
10/23/14 03:43 AM
Grigory Sokolov releases album
by wimpiano
10/23/14 03:11 AM
Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos
by brahms
10/23/14 02:54 AM
Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms.
by TwoSnowflakes
10/23/14 02:13 AM
Who's Online
144 registered (anamnesis, ajames, anotherscott, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1576 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76623 Members
42 Forums
158439 Topics
2326798 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission