Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
79 registered (Anne'sson, 36251, alans, agraffe, Andriuska, 19 invisible), 1457 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Beakybird @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By EssBraceOriginally Posted By ITguy54V-Piano technology is physical modeling. Supernatural pianos use sophisticated handling of samples. Not any more. This has been done to death. The newer iterations of 'Supernatural' are full
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lacking Emotion by outo @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

It's too late to really improve your level of playing for the exam so your teacher shouldn't have made such comments at this stage imo. Maybe this is some strategy your teacher uses to lower the student's expectations to then be positively surprised
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BB or Estonia 210 by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By quindecima[...] I wanted one from the golden age of Piano building as it were. I felt if I had a quality rebuild from that era, late 20's, it would be a big plus. [...] Of course the key word in that second sentence is "i
Piano Forum
I think equally as critical - if not more so - as to whether or not the dealer prepped the piano (sounds like time constraints prevented that) is whether or not the dealer has agreed to at least one tuning and (possible) regulating after the piano ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arabesque by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

This is on to do list for this year, so I'm very interested in hearing what you have to say My goal is to perhaps take the RCM Level 3 exam. I understand this is on the Etude (Technical) options to choose from.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stung by YouTube! by RubberFingers @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

Maybe BGM Management is releasing midi versions of Bach.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by Greener @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By jjoI disagree that a jazz piano trio is not an ensemble of equals, and I doubt few modern jazz piano players would say they are more important than the others. While the piano player is more commonly the leader, and will play mo
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Doug M. @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By TonyBOriginally Posted By Doug M. The invention of fully-modelled Super-Natural V-piano technology, not to be confused with Super-Naturaly hybrid sound synthesis. Time passed, and Roland improved the whole V-piano modelling fu
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

JoBert, I do agree with you, but on digitals of this class IMO there is no pedal resonance or string resonance strong enough to reinforce these important concepts. You can have the pedal down the entire song and you will never run into the big muddy
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Sound by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 12:58 PM

It does sound to me as if the issue has been with the tuning.....
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by SSK @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

That's good to know. I am thinking of having it for at least 3-5 years. I am not sure when they will start using the pedals or at what stage of their learning they will use the pedals. So, its good to have that feature, you think? Also, what's this D
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by jjo @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

I disagree that a jazz piano trio is not an ensemble of equals, and I doubt few modern jazz piano players would say they are more important than the others. While the piano player is more commonly the leader, and will play more notes, all three can
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By polo1Did you really expect them to give you ALL of the features of the $6,000 V-Piano in a $2,500 stage piano? TBH, on this front I'd expect even more (and I'm sure Roland has delivered just that since they say V-Piano is tech
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how do I know if dealer has properly prep the piano? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 12:45 PM

That is a ringing endorsement for a quality product.
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by JoBert @ Yesterday at 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By GombessaI would completely ignore string resonance for a beginner. I took a decade of Piano lessons and never knew it existed or used it as a technique in any way (not that I should be considered the ideal base for anyone). Tha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BB or Estonia 210 by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 12:43 PM

Late twenties/ early thirties. You can't beat them.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lacking Emotion by Greener @ Yesterday at 12:42 PM

Well it is too bad if your Teacher keeps putting it this way with little more information. Especially as you are taking it as you are. It seems to me, what they may be really saying is that you lack experience. Well no kidding, you're just getting
Jump to new posts Casio Privia 860 assistance/opinion sought by Dunolde @ Yesterday at 12:41 PM

OK, for good or ill I got a Casio Privia 860 and I think it sounds pretty good. Anyway, there are several settings that can be changed or personalized. I'm not looking for a Concert Grand in my living room, just a regular piano, but can't seem to
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by polo1 @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Did I miss something...?! It is a GREAT sounding, GREAT feeling, and GREAT looking new RD from Roland. Did you really expect them to give you ALL of the features of the $6,000 V-Piano in a $2,500 stage piano? And as I understand it - there are 2 a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Help Identifying a Piece by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

Hi, alexii! Actually, Horowitz is just playing little fragments of several different pieces -- the one he plays the most of is the Emmerich Kalman piece, as indicated in the YouTube commentary itself.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BB or Estonia 210 by quindecima @ Yesterday at 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By musicpassionOriginally Posted By quindecimaThat's been awhile ago but I believe that I didn' t move on that BB because I wanted one from the late 20's. Why do you want one from the 20s? I wanted one from the golden age of Pian
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Yamaha Clavinova CLP-360 by kpembrook @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

We've had several of these sorts of inquiries as of late. Can you tell us how the forum info needs to be improved so that people select the digital forum instead of this one? Also, are you by chance using a phone to access this site?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liebestraum by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Hi, Abusu! And welcome to PW! Your reference to the Liu Yang River arrangement brought back memories for me -- I played it several years ago as one of the performers for "Asian Day", a celebration conducted by a large company I worked f
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By ITguy54V-Piano technology is physical modeling. Supernatural pianos use sophisticated handling of samples. Not any more. This has been done to death. The newer iterations of 'Supernatural' are fully modelled.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Spirit of the Burn! by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

BURN NOW FRIENDS - It could soon be against the law!! https://youtu.be/hYVlS0F2D6U Dave Frank NYC
Page 23 of 30 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Anyone know which electric/digital piano this is...? :)
by polo1
32 minutes 4 seconds ago
Thomann DP-26 - worth a punt for a cheap gig piano?
by Honkytonkman
Today at 10:11 PM
Bluthner 238
by Miguel Rey
Today at 10:07 PM
Want to upgrade to a baby grand/grand piano
by hello my name is
Today at 09:10 PM
ROLI seaboard, any users out there ?
by Alexander Borro
Today at 08:07 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,320 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,902 Topics
2,590,514 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission