Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
108 registered (Almaviva, aesop, AmateurBob, accordeur, ando, 31 invisible), 1319 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Always practicing, not playing? by Farmerjones @ 05/05/15 08:32 AM

I think there is a bit of a semantics problem as well. "Practice" is often used when "Learn" should be. But we get lax. If we were building something, which we truly are. We would call it such. If we were polishing something we ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hair and piano. Idea for problem, please? by malkin @ 05/05/15 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By paradiceDreadlocks? I don't think people with dreadlocks can or do wash their hair Wrong. Dreadlocks need washing too. The instructions are the same, lather, rinse, repeat.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is your SSD actually better???? by ElmerJFudd @ 05/05/15 08:25 AM

If it were me, I would do a clean install of the operating system then reinstall my applications and bring over my files. This is never a bad idea.
Jump to new posts Re: New to Pianos. forgiveness required Roland RG3 by ElmerJFudd @ 05/05/15 08:23 AM

The RG3 is a very nice pick, I am sure she will enjoy it. You will need an adjustable bench. Something like, Artist Benches Or on the cheap, Roland BNC
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By earlofmarKeep in mind that every new skill you learn today, although seemingly impossible will become second nature in time with just a few minutes of dedicated practice everyday. There comes a point when everyone of us crosses o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hair and piano. Idea for problem, please? by erabella @ 05/05/15 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By paradiceDreadlocks? I don't think people with dreadlocks can or do wash their hair Is that so? So you think how can they take care their hair?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ 05/05/15 08:11 AM

Hey PFred and Groove On: Congrats on getting to Level 3A! I really envy you folks as I spent many months of lessons and practice before graduating from the first edition of 3A. The second edition has some nice improvements, including some new piece
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: a www enigma solved? by bennevis @ 05/05/15 08:02 AM

Was this movie the inspiration for this thread? http://youtu.be/S5CjKEFb-sM
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By Opus_Maximus Also, the argument regarding people who have 8-12 hour jobs, and comparing that to piano needs to be addressed: There is no office day job that can be compared to the strains of true, focuse
Adult Beginners Forum
Lady Nemesis We were in a different room this week and I was told it was a one time thing. I hope so, frustrating when lesson does not go well. I am going to start looking more at my older songs. Learning to be patient with my progress and learnin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: a www enigma solved? by SlatterFan @ 05/05/15 07:45 AM

I admit to being curious. One possibility that might fit (though I am not sure it could accurately be called an "enigma" if the mystery is hidden!) is the concept of a website appearing to host a lively online community of hundreds or thous
Adult Beginners Forum
Blackjack, ouch, that sounds painful! I hope your finger heals soon. A grand piano in a small home might indeed be a bit difficult, but who knows what the future brings The overlapping pedal in Greensleeves is indeed very nice. I learned the song q
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Book for reading music/sight reading by paradice @ 05/05/15 07:44 AM

Although I know what everything means when reading music it's still the part that I think holds me back the most,I mean I sound like I've never played a piano before when I start learning something slightly complicated from sheet music I just bought
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by carlspost @ 05/05/15 07:44 AM

Hi All, And thanks for your input on this question... I probably should have prefaced my original post with the fact that I am not a sound engineer by any means. I just know what I like but cant always give a technical reason. For those of you with
Jump to new posts New to Pianos. forgiveness required Roland RG3 by Pedro.rg3 @ 05/05/15 07:43 AM

Hi all My name is Pedro and I am new. I am not an avid Pianist but the one whom must be obeyed is. I am after some help with a surprise I have just Purchase for her.yes it is a Roland Rg3 Grand made 2008 with the PHIII. 1ST What do u think of this P
Jump to new posts Re: casio px-150 turns itself off after 2 mins inactivity by Charles Cohen @ 05/05/15 07:38 AM

[cross-posted to casiomusicforums.com ] FWIW -- I've just done a quick read-through of the manual, and haven't found a "factory reset" option. But the manual does have a suggestion for "funny things happen", in the "Troub
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Estonia, Estonia Pianos & World Expo Milan by schwammerl @ 05/05/15 07:37 AM

The World Expo Milan opened its doors on May 1st (for 6 months, over 140 countries participating, 20 million visitors expected). Not only will this be a showcase for Estonia as a country: the Estonia pavillion was chosen amongst the 24 most impressi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Groove On @ 05/05/15 07:30 AM

That's great PFred, sounds like several of us are working through the 3rd level. Let us know what supplemental books you find to be the most useful and fun!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: alternatives to U.S. copyright? by Nikolas @ 05/05/15 07:28 AM

There's a very big discussion to be discussed about this whole thing. Happymuse, you say "My music isn't at risk." I'm assuming you mean that it's not good enough? If that's the case, then this is one of the biggest misunderstandings of an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Piano with tascam device by johan d @ 05/05/15 07:26 AM

I just want something better than my laptop (which if fine for all other stuff) and Audacity. My recordings sound dull for the moment.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hair and piano. Idea for problem, please? by paradice @ 05/05/15 07:18 AM

Dreadlocks? I don't think people with dreadlocks can or do wash their hair
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Tips for Teaching Gifted Students?? by pianoman9 @ 05/05/15 07:01 AM

Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Piano with tascam device by Charles Cohen @ 05/05/15 06:58 AM

FWIW: Think about your long-term needs. If you ever want to use other phantom-powered, condenser mics, or any balanced-XLR-connected "professional mic" (starting with the Shure SM58, and going up in price) the DR40 is the only one of thos
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Young Chang 50th Anniversary Limited Edition to only 500 by backto_study_piano @ 05/05/15 06:21 AM

I don't think they are regarding you as stupid. Did you discuss your feelings with them after the service? You've had 2 which you weren't happy with, maybe best to use the technician(s) who have done a good job and not use these 2. You must have h
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts VIDEO: Beethoven - Sonata op. 22 B dur by Lafi @ 05/05/15 06:11 AM

I can`t believe that ten years have passed since i played this beautiful sonata. I like second movement a alot starting at 5:40 https://youtu.be/kxos4CKJOHA
Page 23 of 26 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Where to practice piano in Brooklyn, NY?
by Miguel Lescano
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
is the touch on my Kawai upright too heavy for me?
by carojm36
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
CP33 Controller for Pianoteq
by Peakly
Yesterday at 03:52 PM
Lots of Instruments
by Groove On
Yesterday at 03:34 PM
Is a free Schilling baby grand worth picking up?
by RanK
Yesterday at 03:23 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,176 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,803 Topics
2,403,568 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission