Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Marche Funèbre d'une Marionette by Retsacnal @ 09/29/14 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Karl WatsonSt.Mark 5:9 I love it! Thanks Karl--that made my day! I wonder if there aren't "many" who grow disenchanted. I can't speak for Marty, of course, but I've noticed when I search for information and read thr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Exercises for Melodica? by Charles Cohen @ 09/29/14 09:03 PM

Nahum -- Thank you! I never thought of jazz on the Melodica. . Charles PS -- last night, I was playing bass-guitar lines for a Hebrew chant group, using a microKorg synthesizer. It worked very well.
Piano Forum
It is sad to see how a beautiful piano was crudely "restored" some time ago. Its original turned legs have been replaced by squared legs which look completely out of place on an instrument of this period. As far as I know, Bechstein did not
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help (best models of the three best brands) by ronaldobrasil @ 09/29/14 08:52 PM

Hi everybody Thanks for all of those who replied. Your advice were very helpful After some careful research I decided to test the following digital pianos on Friday: - roland: LX15e, HP508 - yamaha: CVP 609/605 - Kawai: CA95 Unfortunately Kawai C
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Marche Funèbre d'une Marionette by Piano*Dad @ 09/29/14 08:46 PM

I … am …. still …. confused.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Refinishing to the Finish by Gene Nelson @ 09/29/14 08:45 PM

http://tinypic.com/r/k0rfwn/8 plan b 1913 knabe near completion of complete restoration. photo shows linseed oil finish - recipe posted earlier in this thread
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Yup, it's much easier to find active threads now. Cathy
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recommending pianos for students by Jonathan Baker @ 09/29/14 08:41 PM

You now have three votes for getting the Larry Fine book. First, determine the family budget because that narrows down the choices immediately. If $15,000 is the limit of their budget, then that certainly opens up a lot more choices compared to a $
Jump to new posts Re: Refinishing to the Finish by Gene Nelson @ 09/29/14 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: chernobieffGene, You had much better luck than I did with linseed oil. It really majes me nervous since the rags can explode. I am currently experiment with S/W Polyurethane Varnish. It doesn't yellow and is crystal clear. And
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano in dryer room by Daniel Richter @ 09/29/14 08:40 PM

I would worry only if you often leave the balcony door close. The wood is affected by humidity with time. Also metal parts might rust. But only in long term. Many many years. Since generally people use dryers 1 or 2 hours a day, might not be a big d
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Getting back into it. by accordeur @ 09/29/14 08:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qecBZfPtzk8
Jump to new posts Re: Octave Sizes by Gene Nelson @ 09/29/14 08:35 PM

I don't understand why the emphasis on just the octave size. If one chooses an octave size and all the intervals do not fit, then what - compromise the intervals to fit the octave or compromise the octave and start over? An octave by itself has meani
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: no parents allowed by John v.d.Brook @ 09/29/14 08:33 PM

I'm very comfortable with parents sitting in, especially parents of females. Solves lots of potential problems, if you catch my drift. However, I do record lessons and send them home on a DVD. You might ask about this. Having a video recorder run
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano in dryer room by Morodiene @ 09/29/14 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: VidI wouldn't take chances with the CA65. It is a very bad idea to let a dryer vent into a room/house. For one it is a potential fire hazard and another all the moisture and fine lint particles could lead to mold and respirato
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano in dryer room by Vid @ 09/29/14 08:30 PM

I wouldn't take chances with the CA65. It is a very bad idea to let a dryer vent into a room/house. For one it is a potential fire hazard and another all the moisture and fine lint particles could lead to mold and respiratory issues.
Jump to new posts Re: Chladni-Why? by David Jenson @ 09/29/14 08:26 PM

'Dunno. I thought it was just supposed to be an artistic curiosity.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway, Mason, Gaveau, and Chappell by PhilipInChina @ 09/29/14 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoOriginally Posted By: PhilipInChinaSomewhere on PW there is a link to an audio clip of my restored Bechstein in answer to your question. Here it is: http://audiour.com/playlist/225da1fc I have had a couple of messages
Jump to new posts Re: J & C Fischer Baby Grand (1920's?) by David Jenson @ 09/29/14 08:22 PM

Can you get a local tech to look at these pianos? There's really not much we can tell you. We can't see the instrument. We can't hear it. We can't try the action and kick the castors. It really would be better if you paid a local tech for his experti
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-1/2/3 vs Estonia 168/190 by pinkfloydhomer @ 09/29/14 08:21 PM

I am beginning to regret having quoted Estonia prices in this thread. Of course, the prices of the two pianos is very relevant when discussing the best option. But I do not want to put Estonia in a difficult position with regards to their factory pri
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin- The Skinny? by Corvus @ 09/29/14 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverus[quote=Miguel Rey]If you want to make comparisons i think it should be Mason BB vs. Steinway B. A Steinway D is inappropriate for most homes. My piano professor had two Ds in his living room: a Hamburg (the favorite
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ 09/29/14 08:19 PM

Here is my final selection: Piano Quartet No.1 Op.ph.- Quatuor Elyséen, by Camille SAINT-SAËNS  Enjoy the rest of your evening!
Adult Beginners Forum
Sorry to hog two AOTW posts in one week, but tonight's lesson (after a two week gap) was kind of a turning point in several ways. First, after passing all of the pieces I've been studying for the past two weeks except for two difficult ones that are
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: How can a classical pianist learn piano jazz? by Michael Martinez @ 09/29/14 08:09 PM

[quote=T E Bekken]I believe listening is probably the most important thing you can do. As one person said above; OBSESSIVE listening, combined with practice and trying to emulate what you hear. [/quote] Everybody says this, but it's not the right
Jump to new posts Re: Refinishing to the Finish by Gene Nelson @ 09/29/14 08:08 PM

following instructions to the letter to post pic in the photo gallery and they do not get there so working on plan b.
Adult Beginners Forum
"Good People" is one of my favorites in the book and I still play it. On the subject of pedaling, tonight's lesson proved I was timing it wrong. I was pressing down on the note where a change was indicated rather than lifting on that note
Page 23 of 31 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Interview with Leon Fleisher
by vlhorowitz
10/01/14 04:27 AM
by vlhorowitz
10/01/14 04:26 AM
by vlhorowitz
10/01/14 04:26 AM
First sonata
by amt976
10/01/14 03:38 AM
Is it necessary a classic base to play virtuosic jazz ?
by Nahum
10/01/14 03:18 AM
Who's Online
72 registered (Alexancho, Alux, Al LaPorte, 36251, alexbergauer, 20 invisible), 1134 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76384 Members
42 Forums
157911 Topics
2319114 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission