Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
133 registered (alerique, agraffe, accordeur, apianostudent, 32 invisible), 1606 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Role of each sensor in a triple sensor system by mezzopiano @ Yesterday at 01:28 AM

Great explanation! Thanks a lot
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to do with older pianodisc system? by Grandpianoman @ Yesterday at 01:21 AM

Matthew, I would send Marc Fontana a message here on PW. He is well versed in these subjects.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who sells the best string covers by shirlkirsten @ Yesterday at 01:08 AM

Thank you!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: What is Jazz??? by Groove On @ Yesterday at 12:56 AM

This is the best explanation I've ever heard, by Yogi Berra. Interviewer: What do you expect is in store for the future of jazz [EDIT]? Yogi: I'm thinkin' there'll be a group of guys who've never met talkin' about it all the time... Interviewer: C
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PianoForAll by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 12:45 AM

If you open a video in the VLC player, and choose Codec Information, from the Tools menu, you can see the resolution. HD is 1280x720, or thereabout. You can also right click a video file (in Windows) and click the tab named Information. By scrolling
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who sells the best string covers by Dale Fox @ Yesterday at 12:26 AM

Not sure why 100% wool is important. I've made string covers out of lots of different material over the years, from cheap acrylic felt to expensive suiting type material. All have worked with no noticeable difference in moisture issues. There ar
Piano Teachers Forum
Hello, This is my first post on this forum. I currently have a transfer student who's almost finished the ABC of Piano Playing Book 3 by Boris Berlin. I wanted to switch her over to the Celebration Series, but was wondering which level I should plac
Jump to new posts Re: What to do with older pianodisc system? by Dale Fox @ Yesterday at 12:16 AM

Matthew, I suggest you contact PianoDisc with your questions. They can answer them, though they may need you to gather some information about what equipment is currently attached to the piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Jen Weir @ Yesterday at 12:14 AM

May I join into the challenge/club as well? This would really help me to get serious about building a decent repertoire. So far, in 2016 I've completed (enough to feel good enough to play them for an audience): 1. Missing (Evanescence cover by Vika
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By laguna_gregThat's how the pop music business works. It's about sales and marketing. Their awards are all about sales, not artistic "quality", which we've seen is a largely abstract concept. I generally agree with you
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Astro Plays the Piano by AZ_Astro @ Yesterday at 12:11 AM

my avatar
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By INBostonJen, I agree with everyone's critique about the sustain pedal or legato (or both). I feel like you could use a bit more of both. It could be the recording in combination with using a keyboard vs acoustic, not sure. I rea
I agree, although it is probably some sort of wood worm, as termites need moisture. The stains near the tuning pins look like they might be pin tightener, which is a bad sign. I think you can do better than this piano, no matter what the price.
Adult Beginners Forum
Well, I'm calling Lavender's Blue done. I've got the dynamics down and can hit the notes in rhythm consistently. I think I just don't care for this song. I've listened to some youtube videos and didn't like it there either, so I'm moving on. I
Jump to new posts Re: A pin block question by Maximillyan @ 02/12/16 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By daniokeeper the loose tuning pin issue may resolve itself with no further work... including Maxim's paper shim approach. Maxim will hope and pray for your piano to it's bass strings were stable itself too. Cardboard shim is a l
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Michiyo-FirOriginally Posted By Jen WeirHere is my initial play through from last night, for your critique. https://soundcloud.com/jennifer-bradley-weir/chopin-prelude-op-28-no-4-feb-11-2016 Looking forward to comments and sugge
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-30 or Roland F140R by Charles Cohen @ 02/12/16 11:36 PM

Interesting - according to Roland, they _do_ have the same action -- PHA4-Standard. Since "SuperNatural" is a _class_ of sound generators, they may or may not have identical sounds. But the 'feature list' for the sound generators is ident
Jump to new posts Re: CA67 vs MP11 - Thoughts? Experiences? by zig @ 02/12/16 11:35 PM

have u looked on eBay. there are some for 1600. US.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 2/9/14 by rintincop @ 02/12/16 11:34 PM

I grew up loving the Kohlhn concert, the My Song album, Azimuth and a bunch of his other works... and the standards trio from the past several decades. So why did I decline a free pair for tickets to his show here in a month? He still plays some of
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude by BruceD @ 02/12/16 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By RamziThanks for all of the responses! I will look through the music and try to play it. Even if I don't manage to get it to performance level I will be developing skills as a pianist anyway Just make sure that you don't try &q
Jump to new posts Re: Brass Spring Wire by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 02/12/16 11:00 PM

Google "brass spring wire" and see what you can find.
Jump to new posts Re: Please help evaluate pin block & bridges by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 02/12/16 10:58 PM

I believe the piano is/was infested with termites. Do not buy without an inspection by a technician.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude by Henry Pasternack @ 02/12/16 10:55 PM

Unless you are very talented and very intuitive, chances are there is much that you are missing playing these advanced pieces so early in your piano career, and without the guidance of a skilled teacher. Just my humble opinion. Like, I guess my fir
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Steinway Tokyo showroom with unusual design by phantomFive @ 02/12/16 10:41 PM

Wow. I guess that's what they did with their money from the sale of Steinway Hall.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PianoForAll by dmd @ 02/12/16 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By TheodorNDmd, if the videos are in HD, then you have the new ones. How can I tell if they are in HD ? They look pretty good. Is that enough to decide they are in HD ?
Page 23 of 25 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Improv question
by imustlearn
02/14/16 04:41 PM
"A Smaller Piano for Bigger Artistry" (7/8ths Keyboard)
by Thrill Science
02/14/16 04:03 PM
Help with buying a grand piano!
by Mcnuffles
02/14/16 03:51 PM
MP11 sound same as CA97?
by Chris Warren
02/14/16 03:13 PM
How much does it cost to ship DP to Kawai for repairs?
by 8 Octaves
02/14/16 03:06 PM
Forum Stats
82,589 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,506 Topics
2,495,397 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission