Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spinoff: What do we think of "technique seminars"? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:02 AM

I think that something can be gained for you since you are a thinker in going to one of these seminars, but like BruceD said, go with caution. For me it's been a blessing to be a singer, because we can't see what we're doing. We have to go a lot bas
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:48 AM

As far as I'm concerned, there is no need to layer the Concert Grand sound on the MP11 with another piano sound. Not to say you can't tweak things to your liking with voicing and brightness and EQ, but the sound itself has enough dimension/depth/clar
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes The last thing I want to do, now that I've re-found piano, is to have to put it aside for a while. Or, worse, really blow it and end up with a chronic problem that never really goes away and constantly prevents me
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences? by LarryMan @ Yesterday at 07:44 AM

Just to add to your rational.... I believe there is no need for someone to go and buy a 161 lbs. CA65 when the MP11 provides the same sound engine same wooded action and it is 70 lbs. lighter. I will have to agree with Morodiene post, that you get
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Improving upright repetition by pinkfloydhomer @ Yesterday at 07:44 AM

From fully depressed key, I have to lift the key a great deal before the jack goes fully back under the hammer butt, making repetition slow and unpredictable. How do I make repetition better and the jack go back under the hammer butt sooner in the k
Originally Posted By: B.PetrovicHello all, I've been browsing this forum among others and soaking up all the information I can about weighted keys and wanted to get some advice from you guys to help me finally make a decision. I've been playing for
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pinblocks & bridges... How long do they last? by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By: BDBDamage to wood is most likely to occur sooner, rather than later. That is why wood should be aged before it goes into a piano. If damage has not shown up in an old piano, you could be replacing good wood and well-made wood pa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial v Steinway D by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: Rich GalassiniOriginally Posted By: phantomFive When I play, I play for myself in a smaller room, and my desire is to play softer than even she is playing. That i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by pianolive @ Yesterday at 07:23 AM

Diane, that Bösendorfer has got 97 keys, not 96
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences? by ando @ Yesterday at 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By: puff 8. XLR outs MP11 win But we don't want somebody to accidentally plug their Roland RD800 power lead into the XLR socket.. So MP7 win.
Jump to new posts Re: Uneven key balance by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 07:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Emmery...Imagine how hard it would be to initiate movement on a perfectly balanced teeter-totter which had a ton of concrete at each end. Ha ha. 'Good illustration. It wouldn't be a big trick if the bearings on the teeter-t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 3/4 time for 6/8 time comping patterns? by Rerun @ Yesterday at 06:58 AM

BT, Here's another you'll know ... courtesy of your friends at PW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBDF04fQKtQ
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by custard apple @ Yesterday at 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: chrisbellSo this weeks Jam of the Week; ballads. You don't know what love is, is my choice: Hey Chris Wonderful work especially your space, your across-the-changes sound, those descending melodic lines, and the LH vo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT: John Passion by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 06:53 AM

How timely, I am just in the middle of watching a documentary on Bach and the John Passion came up. Before today I had never heard of the work.
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences? by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 06:51 AM

The primary use of this piano will be for home practice and some recording in small makeshift home studio i'm trying to put together. But I like the option of mobility when needed. I just don't think I can commit to a console digital piano - maybe i
Jump to new posts Re: the conclusion on weighted keys and developing technique by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 06:36 AM

I'm at the stage where I really want a piano that will enable me to develop my strength and overall technique and i'm wondering whether weighted digital piano's are worth it, or if I should just look for an older decent used upright piano. The weigh
Jump to new posts Re: On Temperament strip muting, and other things by Mark Davis @ Yesterday at 06:12 AM

I forgot an important point that my fellow piano tuner/technician, had to say with regards to muting when tuning with an ETD. "You can either use a single mute and tune from left to right, or you can use two mutes and tune the center string fir
BPetrovic, If you hve the px735, the 1500$ is far to less to get any significant step-up. You will have to spend at least 2000$, and those pianos which can satisfy you are Kawai CA15, Roland HP504 and, perhaps, Kawai cn24 and 34, as their action is s
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by puff @ Yesterday at 05:13 AM

James said; "But I fell in love with that sticky, crunchy sound after hearing Joe Sample playing an aggressively voiced/mic'd Pianet on the Jazz Crusaders 'Live at the Lighthouse '69' album". Dosn't sound like his most inspired solo.Not a
Jump to new posts On Temperament strip muting, and other things by Mark Davis @ Yesterday at 05:08 AM

I was in discussion via PM with a fellow tuner/technician earlier this week, about ETD tuning vs aural and temperament strips and unisons as you go. I explained that I have tried all of these, at different times for a period of time, and now am toss
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences? by doremi @ Yesterday at 04:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Marko in Boston1. weight/size: MP7 win 2. number of voices: MP7 win 3. action: MP11 win 4. pedal: MP11 win 5. setups/memories: MP7 win 6. price: MP7 win As per parallel thread: 7. layering of piano sounds: MP7 wins (can't do
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by keystring @ Yesterday at 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Brian LucasOriginally Posted By: keystringBrian, I'm trying to understand the word "parallel". It's the opposite of relative. C major is parallel to C minor or C Dorian. Basically, the tonic stays the same and the rest
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts NAAFI pianos by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 04:41 AM

Anybody ever seen one of these? I particularly like the top which is sloped so a drink cannot be placed there. http://www.britishpathe.com/video/naafi-piano/query/piano
Jump to new posts Re: Uneven key balance by Beemer @ Yesterday at 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTYa, there are other things, that if not corrected, will cause a lot more problems than front or back heavy keys. Hello again Mark, The only issue I had after noticing the anomaly was I felt that the adjuste
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff: Moment Musical No. 5 by pv88 @ Yesterday at 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: DeruluxI can't believe you can take an 11th! As for the left hand I can just barely stretch C, A, F - (5, 2, 1) at the very edges of the white keys and a little easier would be C#, A#, F# - (5, 2, 1) on the black keys in which I
Page 23 of 40 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 39 40 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (AmateurBob, Almaviva, 36251, 45 invisible), 1646 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74258 Members
42 Forums
153604 Topics
2251263 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
clavinova clp 115
by rochoula
1 minute 19 seconds ago
DIsassemble Kawai MP10/MP11
by prox
Today at 10:59 AM
Action regulating
by pater57
Today at 08:59 AM
Kurzweil SP5-8 as main studio keyboard/stage piano
by Barty
Today at 08:33 AM
Greg Pauley in Concert June 1st, Sunday 3:30pm
by Larry Buck
Today at 07:58 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission