Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (Allochi, anamnesis, albumblatter, ADWyatt, Amosdoll, Abby Pianoman, 35 invisible), 1376 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann - Sonata G minor op. 22 by verqueue @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Thanks for your comment Tim . Originally Posted By Tim Adrianson1 I hear more of a passionate, singing gesture in the first movement than you're bringing to it (in tempo terms, it would be a little slower). I think your treatment of the last moveme
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new M&H... by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 12:31 PM

Congratulations!!!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By Saranoya OK. I recognize that. Now, if that leads to "performers who can't read", then why, in the name of all that's good and holy, do so many teachers still teach that way? That's what I don't understand! They produ
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! I'd like to discuss my piano competition repertoire. by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:26 PM

I'm not sure about the Apres une lecture du Dante in 15 minutes - have you already timed yourself in this repertoire? Giovanni Bellucci's video of it here is in 16:34, and he is no slow poke. Compress it too far time wise and maybe the judges would
Pianist Corner
I think your idea of evenness and mine are two different things. To each their own I suppose.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Coda on Tcherepnin's Bagatelles Op.5 by izaldu @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Thanks for the reply, Possum Rat I just found this on youtube, thought i'd leave it here, Tcherepnin played the coda himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBOvJJ7FENQ I guess that settles it.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I have to agree with Elmer. Without knowing the test conditions, it's not possible to reach a valid conclusion. My latency measurements (Vintage D inside of Kontakt) came in at 2.3 msec. So why are yours coming in at 2x to 4x slower? I guess it's be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 80's Bluethner baby grand. by joe80 @ Yesterday at 12:19 PM

You know what in certain European countries, if a piano hasn't been reconditioned it's rarely completely cleaned out. That's true of most dealers in the UK too. I don't like it either but it's perfectly normal. I hadn't noticed that bridge pin - yo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Petri playing the Bach-Busoni St. Anne Prelude and Fugue . . by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusI think the very opening of the Prelude is some of the most thrilling music there is. Anyone else think it sounds a little like Handel? I never thought of it that way before now. You are quite right, it is very Hand
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by Joe Garfield @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

So I played around with a few new sets of headphones and got a better understanding of what I hear (in my MP10). With some higher-end headphones, I can hear a lot more detail in each note. If I make an effort to listen for resonances, they exist fain
Jump to new posts Re: What monitors do you use with your MP11? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By Marko in BostonGood Morning Morodiene You can probably find some good used monitors for sure in the $500 range, but I would consider looking at the PreSonus Eris E8. From my experience with the Eris E5s, I find them to be an ex
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Greener @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM

Wishing you well, Ron. Originally Posted By peterws"My AOTW: We went shopping for an acoustic yesterday. We're aiming for a grand in the 5 1/2 to 6 foot range, based on budget and space considerations. There's a lot more shopping and playing t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Coda on Tcherepnin's Bagatelles Op.5 by Possum Rat @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

I have the International Music Company edition with the 10 pieces and no indication of any coda. In the few live performances I've heard, no one has repeated the first movement.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #4 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By ChatNoirCould it be an upright Malmsjö piano? That is a good guess. Unfortunately it isn't a Malmsjö. Here is another clue: The name of the manufacturer begins with a "S".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Dave Androos @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

I started learning Ravel's 'Pavane pour une infante defunte' last night. I absolutely love Ravel's music and this is my first attempt at learning something of his. Very happy to get familiar with the first 5 bars I posted the audio on Soundcloud.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 80's Bluethner baby grand. by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

You should really check with a technician on these issues. If the piano tunes easily and has a good tone, then I'd be less concerned about the corrosion on the strings. However, messed up bridge pins could definitely affect the tone or pitch stabil
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By Ocram The upright sound of the NS2 really appealed to me. Is the MP7's upright on the same level? ... The quality of the ep's is also a huge factor for me - hoping the amp sims and improved effects will make the difference her
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Dave Androos @ Yesterday at 11:59 AM

I started learning Ravel's 'Pavane pour une infante defunte' last night. I absolutely love Ravel's music and this is my first attempt at learning something of his. Very happy to get familiar with the first 5 bars I posted the audio on Soundcloud.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best and worst to work on? by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:51 AM

The nice thing about Steinway lyres is that you do not need to take them off to service the pedals. However, they are no worse than a lot of others to remove or replace. The pianos I dislike working on are those that have been messed up by incompete
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: open-ended questions: weight of 7 footers by guyl @ Yesterday at 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By ChickGrandOriginally Posted By Silver KeysNo, I didn't really think that my piano would come crashing through my floor... The first time my concert grand was moved, the crew started out with six men, but hired 3 more and still s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Themed Recital Discussion Thread by outo @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

A few more: 54. Richard (zrtf90) - Erster Verlust, Op. 68 No. 16 Very nicely played! 55. peterws - Roaming in the Morning op 68 17 That was lively indeed! I think your set up didn't bring out the dynamics enough, but nice playing 56. ClsscLib
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert-Liszt In der Ferne by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

Wow!! That was very beautiful. You have a very bright career in front of you. You post such consistently high quality performances. Please keep posting your performances here!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! I'd like to discuss my piano competition repertoire. by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 11:44 AM

I vote Saint-Saens concerto. It's not as common a choice, and the finale is so thrilling. The rest of your repertoire looks quite good. Lots of romantic era music, but still other pieces to balance it out nicely. Best of luck!!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best and worst to work on? by beethoven986 @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

My favorite pianos are the ageing but still serviceable Asian grands (particularly the Japanese). Even after just two days of work, they sound and play a lot better, and the client thinks you're some kind of genius/wizzard. I like tuning Steinways,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 80's Bluethner baby grand. by Bellicapelli @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeIn looking at the pictures, I can see the inside of the piano is fairly dusty/dirty (not unusual, but not what I like to see at a dealer), the treble strings have a little rust on them in places (not unusual for the
Page 24 of 31 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano teacher recommendation in Salamanca,Spain?
by JessicaB
03/29/15 10:30 PM
yamaha c3x vs shigeru sk3
by Fang
03/29/15 09:15 PM
Casio & Technics
by JEB NYC
03/29/15 07:45 PM
Fingerings on sheet music
by paradice
03/29/15 07:11 PM
Improvisation - taking the plunge
by Music Me
03/29/15 06:58 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,699 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,816 Topics
2,389,949 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission