Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by bennevis @ 07/30/14 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Plowboy "I'll be Bach." After all that abuse on poor old Johann Sebastian (unless, of course you mean PDQ), I think I'll go Bach to the Future - an era when I can summon my faithful automaton called J.S. (a.k.a. Joh
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts EPP2014 Restaurant - Trip Advisor by CarlosCC @ 07/30/14 04:06 PM

EPP2014 Restaurant - Trip Advisor
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by prout @ 07/30/14 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: TimROriginally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: keystringYes - pure or clean. Interesting. Thanks. It would seem that the shortened form 'Quinte', used in German, still implies a pure or clean fifth interval, which co
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: picking a fight: how many movements in op.110? by beet31425 @ 07/30/14 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_CYou hung (hanged?) yourself with your own petard (or rather, he with his own): Quote:"....it is the extraordinary third movement that dominates discussion of this sonata. Beethoven combined slow movement and finale i
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by TimR @ 07/30/14 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: keystringYes - pure or clean. Interesting. Thanks. It would seem that the shortened form 'Quinte', used in German, still implies a pure or clean fifth interval, which could be interpreted as beat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: picking a fight: how many movements in op.110? by beet31425 @ 07/30/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: beet31425Bruce, Are you saying that in Tovey's scheme, section 4 begins with the Ab minor Arioso, and therefore section 3 is only one page long? -J Certainly would appear so. BUT - now I've chang
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Plowboy @ 07/30/14 03:56 PM

A Hollywood producer comes up with a brilliant idea for a film that he knows will rake in the cash: an action movie about the Three Bs. He phones Charles Bronson, and he says, "I'd love the part of Brahms!" He phones Chuck Norris, who rea
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/30/14 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: A443 Olek, those are parallel fifths which are to be avoided in contrapuntal writing, not perfect ones. In jazz harmony, when writing for sax soli, for example, the P5 is not used since it does not add colour like the other
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/30/14 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: TimROriginally Posted By: Dave BI have no idea why they call them "Perfect." IMO it is merely tradition, one that conveys no useful information. I just call it a fifth. Perfect does no
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to Elton John's 'Nikita' by Visalia @ 07/30/14 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris H.I'd say 0.03 was Bmin7 To be more precise, it's at the end of 0:03.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to Elton John's 'Nikita' by Visalia @ 07/30/14 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: slipperykeysFirst bar G Second bar B Minor Third Bar C Fourth Bar A Minor 7, G, C. According to the sheet music. If you Google, Nikita Sheet Music Images, it may help you. But that's for the studio version. Is your ear any good
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by slipperykeys @ 07/30/14 03:43 PM

A postman gets bitten by a dog at a house where he is delivering letters. It's not a bad bite, but it hurts a little and the post man thinks the dog should not be out in the garden if he cannot be trusted to not bite strangers. The postman rings the
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: beet31425Bruce, Are you saying that in Tovey's scheme, section 4 begins with the Ab minor Arioso, and therefore section 3 is only one page long? -J Certainly would appear so. BUT - now I've changed MY mind. It would see
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need progression lesson by RUSS SHETTLE @ 07/30/14 03:37 PM

Quote:Why are there no minor chords on the inside of the circle of fifths if a minor chord can be a I First a minor chord can't be "I" in the way you're thinking. It can be Im (minor) I refers to major. Secondly I or Im or i is "1&qu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Music competitions are rife with corruption says JLWebbr by Michael Sayers @ 07/30/14 03:34 PM

I've been puzzled by the results of some piano competitions over the years, maybe the claims of this article, if true, had something to do with those results. The article is short - somewhere around 200 to 225 words - and seems to be the outline for
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Mark_C[...] You hung (hanged?) yourself with your own petard (or rather, he with his own): [...] Traditionally, "hanged" is used for executions, "hung" is used for pictures, although "hung" is not
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by prout @ 07/30/14 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: keystringYes - pure or clean. Interesting. Thanks. It would seem that the shortened form 'Quinte', used in German, still implies a pure or clean fifth interval, which could be interpreted as beatless, which is what it was
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by Larry Buck @ 07/30/14 03:32 PM

Based on the numbers, it looks like the bridge continues smoothly under the strut between 72 and 73 vs broken up at 54/55, based on changes in speaking length.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by JohnSprung @ 07/30/14 03:28 PM

Especially we'd need to know where the wire gauges change. The graph shows changes on plate boundaries, which aren't necessarily the same places the gauges change. Typically there are more different wire gauges, like #13 through #18 in the plain wi
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: careyThree distinct movements - no question about it. OH YEAH? You hung (hanged?) yourself with your own petard (or rather, he with his own): Quote:I like the way the sonata is described (below) in program notes written b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to study harmony through Bach by laguna_greg @ 07/30/14 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: laguna_greg I'm definitely with Roger on this one, and you people obviously have never studied these works very well. You obviously think wrongly. I have two degrees on this stuff and I teach it for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need progression lesson by RUSS SHETTLE @ 07/30/14 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: MaarkrI came up with a chord progression, and I thought I should apply what LITTLE I know to learn more from it. It is Am/E, Em, Dsus4, D. Can a I chord be a minor, or does it stay a minor (as a i or whatever)? Why are there
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Jay Roland @ 07/30/14 03:22 PM

Here's a demo by an Australian retailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gizo1QMEkUM
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by slipperykeys @ 07/30/14 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: DamonOriginally Posted By: slipperykeysStory told by Peter Sellers that he claimed was true Why not? Having played in a band for the last 30 years, I knew where this joke was going on the first line. That's really great. S
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: beet31425Bruce, Are you saying that in Tovey's scheme, section 4 begins with the Ab minor Arioso, and therefore section 3 is only one page long? -J That's the way it appears. The Adagio, ma non troppo, now that I look at it
Page 24 of 33 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32 33 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
119 registered (Abby Pianoman, accordeur, a-z0-9, 36251, 36 invisible), 1429 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156323 Topics
2295837 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Connected Slurs
by TX-Bluebonnet
36 seconds ago
Recital 35 --- Call For Submissions
by AB Forum Recital
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Hoping for some suggestions/starting point for home keyboard
by Kubla
Yesterday at 10:00 PM
Brass
by Retsacnal
Yesterday at 09:28 PM
Old Wurlitzer (circa 1940s) baby grand, Worth Picking Up?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission