Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
Starts March 13 in NY!
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (Alexander Borro, 17curleyj, 7uturu, 36251, 8opus, 25 invisible), 2092 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What year could this Estonia be? by Rich Galassini @ 02/26/17 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By MinnaMy Estonia's serial no. is on the very bottom of the soundboard right hand side. I think quite a few other brands also show the serial no. in that same spot including Yamaha. That is not true on Estonia pianos before t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for selling second hand keyboard s/digital? by Bosendorff @ 02/26/17 03:54 PM

I recently sold (locally) three used synthesizers/keyboards on kijiji, which is totally free. Make sure to take good clear pics, especially if your gear is in good shape. I personally add all options available in the description and on the pics (for
What would help is to make caps out of cardboard or cut from large pieces of that white expanded plastic stuff usually used in electronics packaging so that the slab wont move inside the box and the keys even wrapped with bubble plastic will not lea
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Sahhan @ 02/26/17 03:43 PM

I was surprised and disappointed at the one point regarding Roland RD-2000 (released as STAGE piano by Roland Company) during my watching some videos on YouTube. I was realized that RD-2000 has got new upset "bug" for gigging - for players
Knowing some folks in the UK, gumtree is a good start. Having visited a music school locally I saw some adds there for instruments for sale on its bulletin board. As for packaging for mail - personally I have sold some more expensive items to peopl
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Hanon fingering by Dfrankjazz @ 02/26/17 03:39 PM

Hi April! Yes I am suggesting that) JH 1 fing 12345321 12345321 etc. descending 54321345 54321345 the little bit of a hop soon becomes hardly noticeable, and the result is that your thumbs are freed up for the process of improvisation where frequent
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin monarch serial number 349779 by BDB @ 02/26/17 03:36 PM

This is not the correct place for such questions, but the piano was made sometime between 1942 and 1946. Monarch pianos began using Acrosonic serial numbers at that time.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Introduction by Lihp @ 02/26/17 03:35 PM

Firstly, can I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this. I thought the polite thing to do would be introduce myself before joining in any conversations. I am a 30 year old piano beginner. I grew up with my Grandma playing piano almost dai
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Little slur-like symbols after noteheads by RubberFingers @ 02/26/17 03:21 PM

I think it means to play expressively. Oh wait, you are supposed to play expressively all the time!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Baldwin monarch serial number 349779 by Ellie!!!!! @ 02/26/17 03:18 PM

Hey guys! First post although I've been getting info from this site for a while! I have access to a Baldwin Monarch #349779. I was unable to find that serial number on the Baldwin site. http://www.total-piano-care.com/baldwin-pianos.html It seems
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a smaller grand by Carey @ 02/26/17 03:16 PM

This Baldwin M in your state may still be available - or not. http://www.fordpiano.com/pianos-for-sale/baldwin-m-grand-2001/
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for selling second hand keyboard s/digital? by Dave Horne @ 02/26/17 03:15 PM

Here in the Netherlands we have marktsplaats dot nl. I'm sure there must be a British version of Craig's List and Marktsplaats. I just sold my CP5 on Marktsplaats. It didn't cost me a cent initially to post and after a week or two I coughed up Ô
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Sinfonias by Qazsedcft @ 02/26/17 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By QazsedcftWhen there are two voices in one hand it helps a lot to learn each voice separately with the correct fingering and then put them together. By correct fingering, do you mean the fingering th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wanted - Opinion on Bluthner Concert Grand by PhilipInChina @ 02/26/17 03:13 PM

You will absolutely love it. My 9' Bl├╝thner is very slightly newer than yours, but mine hasn't had a rebuild supervised by the Bl├╝thner family! PM sent.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by Oongawa @ 02/26/17 03:10 PM

I missed 2/24/17 and 2/25/17 due to surgery for a broken wrist. I'm planning to spend extra time working on chords. One handed practice isn't much fun, but I'll find something to do. The injury is my right hand and I'm open to suggestions on what I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lang Lang in 3D by RubberFingers @ 02/26/17 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDFor me, $3.00 per dimension is too muc Actually, it's only $2.25 per dimension if you include time as the fourth dimension. But maybe the value of losing part of that dimension is worth too much, adding to paying for it.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by Chris Leslie @ 02/26/17 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By daniokeeperHere are some links re Cordier temperament: YouTube video playing intervals on a Bosendorfer Imperial grand tuned with a Cordier temperament: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ssj2P22ETc 5. (Serge Cordier's equal tem
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wanted - Opinion on Bluthner Concert Grand by Miguel Rey @ 02/26/17 02:50 PM

Since you have a deposit there is no turning back now. Is your tech very familiar with the roller action? That will be an important factor. Also do you have CITES certification for the bringing the piano back with the ivory keys?
Piano Forum
Just go for it. You will regret it if you do not.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a smaller grand by P3T3R @ 02/26/17 02:32 PM

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. -Clef Cleveland is only a three hour car ride from me. I can make it there and back in one day easily. I only went there because I found it for sale online, and I had played a couple Baldwin Ms locally t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Wanted - Opinion on Bluthner Concert Grand by Myds @ 02/26/17 02:30 PM

My Kawai KG-2E is 25 years old and I decided it was time to upgrade. Over the past year, I've looked at over 10 piano manufacturers and tried over 30 pianos - both new and used (rebuilt/restored). Nothing stood out except a Bluthner model 6, gutles
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone aware of this? GEWA piano?..... by sullivang @ 02/26/17 02:27 PM

If it really does have 8GB, that's a lot more than either the Nord Piano 3 or the Kurzweil Forte, and would be rather special indeed. I'm highly unconvinced at this stage though. (I've flicked Gewa an email) Greg.
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for selling second hand keyboard s/digital? by Charles Cohen @ 02/26/17 02:26 PM

If I wanted to buy a used DP, the first place I'd look is Craigslist.com . So, I suppose if I wanted to _sell_ a DP, (and didn't want the hassle of packing for shipment), Craigslist is where I'd advertise. I don't know if it's active in England.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Jazz Hanon fingering by AprilE @ 02/26/17 02:12 PM

I've been trying to figure out the fingering for Dave Frank's "Joy of Improv" Hanon exercises. I found this post from ages ago and would like to double check because it seems so unnecessarily awkward to me. Originally Posted By davefrankth
Jump to new posts Re: So Many Different Typessssssssssssss? by MacMacMac @ 02/26/17 02:11 PM

Gombessa is right. The words are not important. And Dave Horne asks the central question: What are your needs? What matters is: - What do you want to do with the piano? - Need it be portable? - Do you care about the appearance? - Will you play throu
Page 24 of 28 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Difference
by chapi chapo
02/28/17 06:16 AM
Chopin Op.28 No 7
by SuzyUpright
02/28/17 04:54 AM
New piano, hammers bobbeling
by WildHorseMan
02/28/17 04:05 AM
Advice on picking a used keyboard
by Chicago15
02/28/17 01:02 AM
School of Ragtime by Scott Joplin
by john f
02/28/17 12:37 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,823 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,770 Topics
2,602,606 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission