Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
123 registered (alerique, anamnesis, 36251, AndrewGleibman, alexkoo, AntonJ, 39 invisible), 1885 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Blackjack: I enjoyed your recording. It sounds very professional. I've almost finished reading "Goedel, Escher, Bach" so I should probably listen to more Bach! bSharpCyclist: That was amazing! It has a very authentic sound. Alux: Very nic
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha CF6-help please!! by benali @ 08/23/16 07:17 PM

Many thanks for your replies. Yes I did have the pedal down. I will try chromatic scale. Ed, I dont believe that inertia is the case; I have owned other pianos. The Clavinova never has been my proper piano. The CF6 does have an amazing tone, and als
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by Whizbang @ 08/23/16 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By Greener An excellent The best 20th century composer I'd estimate. Fixed that for you.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
@Everyone: Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. After a bit of thought, I decided on just sticking with my old Yamaha YPP-200 (as it has MIDI and Analog inputs / outs and hasn't failed me yet after all these years) and just spending my money
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing questions by Arghhh @ 08/23/16 07:09 PM

Ed, what types of questions (and answers?) would be good to ask the technician? Sounds like you're fairly optimistic about the possible changes to the sound.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone ever had to back up? by earlofmar @ 08/23/16 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By Stopparde My son play the trumpet (HS band and cover band) and when I asked him if I should play a piece perfectly all the time before moving on he plainly said "yes, you must!"....which... made me sad Perhaps th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by Arghhh @ 08/23/16 06:52 PM

I would ask your teacher for other recommendations. It's possible the reason teacher #2 was selected because your teacher doesn't have enough trust in the other teachers and has to recommend someone from the school. Otherwise it seems strange she w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone ever had to back up? by Morodiene @ 08/23/16 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottPiano is hard. This.
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha CF6-help please!! by Ed A. Hall @ 08/23/16 06:51 PM

What you are probably having issues with is the extra inertia with your new Yamaha compared to the Clavinova that you've gotten used to. Why did you purchase this piano if you're having difficulties with the action?
Originally Posted By ADWyattTechnically, I could have Kawai send someone to fix the problem, since for me the CA65 is still in warranty, but I can't see the company spending a lot of money to send a technician out to fix a simple problem that could b
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Would you keep this student? by Arghhh @ 08/23/16 06:42 PM

I've had a student for two years now who is 17. Most of the time he didn't practice consistently enough to make much progress due to school work. I found the lessons awkward because he didn't respond much and I'm not much of a talker either. Everyt
Music and musicians existed before the days of recorded music; authors existed before Gutenberg and the the printing press. Today, people can be musicians and have their music heard by people outside of their immediate families, and authors can have
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough controversy by bennevis @ 08/23/16 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By DamonOriginally Posted By Pogorelich.One thing I've noticed is that so many people are obsessed with how to come up with new and "innovative" ways to keep classical music "alive" - promo stuff, "interesti
Jump to new posts Re: Just a couple quick questions on the Kawai CA97 by Stopparde @ 08/23/16 06:30 PM

Since we are discussing the CA97, I have also a question. I would use the CA97 as center in my home studio, with USB MIDI, line in and out permanently connected. How the cables to the midi/audio panel can be routed tp avoid clutter or being seen f
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By Carey Also - depends on what you mean by "jamming." Or if you "play" like Jon Benjamin: http://www.npr.org/2016/08/22/490969874/encore-comedian-jon-benjamin-records-experimenta
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I feel like I've lost "it" - how to get it back? by ChopinAddict @ 08/23/16 06:23 PM

I agree with BruceD and oasismfg. The Scherzo was probably not the best choice for a comeback. This doesn't mean you can't start performing again. Try something less challenging, either at an event or at home, get back into it slowly and you will fee
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha CF6-help please!! by Gene Nelson @ 08/23/16 06:21 PM

Do you depress the sustain pedal when you measure touchweight? Can you play at ppp a chromatic scale with consistent touch?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: finding silent grand by patH @ 08/23/16 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By hoolaPlease give some names of 1st tier who invest in this direction. I'm interested to know how the silent landscape changes in last 25 years. Thanks Bl├╝thner is apparently doing R&D in that direction. http://eklavier.com
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some guidance with my "new" Yam C3 by wolfgangmeister @ 08/23/16 06:20 PM

Welcome to PianoWorld reezekeys! I am both an owner of a new Mason & Hamlin BB and an older 1980 Yamaha C3. After receiving my new BB last year, it became much more apparent to me that my C3 had that unbearable harsh metallic tone that you refe
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by The Monkeys @ 08/23/16 06:09 PM

She has been teaching in the music school 6 days a week, but in the past few years, she has gradually reduced it to 2 days a week, and we adjusted to her new time a couple of times already. Now she will reduce the time to only 1 day a week, and it i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone ever had to back up? by dmd @ 08/23/16 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottDon't forget there's also the option of learning tunes you know by ear, if you want to try something really different. Since this was mentioned ... An alternate option for you is .... PIANO MAGIC website ... http:
Jump to new posts Re: other uses for teflon powder? by daniokeeper @ 08/23/16 06:02 PM

In terms of safety, I used to prefer a little talcum powder to help the action slide smoothly. My thinking was that it was more natural than Teflon, so possibly safer. Now, the airwaves are flooded with attorneys' ads looking for clients to sue cer
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Acoustic Piano by Fabiogrs93 @ 08/23/16 06:01 PM

Thank you for all your opinion! K300 in Italy is sold with "made in Indonesia" label. Anyway next week I will go to try all b, U and k series pianos again. Often k300 is compared with Yamaha u1 so I think that its overall quality is higher
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough controversy by Damon @ 08/23/16 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By Pogorelich.One thing I've noticed is that so many people are obsessed with how to come up with new and "innovative" ways to keep classical music "alive" - promo stuff, "interesting" programming, wear
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-5-1 Chord Progression ??? by newport @ 08/23/16 05:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdCZwxpPEZg does this help?
Page 24 of 25 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano creak?
by Beemer
08/25/16 04:48 PM
Chinese-made Apollo or Korean-made Lindbergh
by Jadeinbe
08/25/16 03:20 PM
Roland LX 17 / KAWAI CS 11, some questions
by AlexEbel
08/25/16 01:41 PM
Hallet Davis baby grand with sticking keys
by David68
08/25/16 12:50 PM
Difference between Kawai pianos
by dreja
08/25/16 09:53 AM
Forum Stats
84,767 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,739 Topics
2,550,308 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission