Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
136 registered (AmandaH, Alexander Borro, Al LaPorte, anamnesis, 32 invisible), 1633 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai RHII vs RHIII actions by bitnick @ 08/31/15 05:33 PM

Thank you both for your well written advice. CN-24 (with RHII) it is then, unless I find another brand that I like even better!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: gospel or sacred music by Nahum @ 08/31/15 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By seniormomentAnyone here play this type music? I am trying to arrange a few old "church" songs but am finding it difficult to incorporate descending runs. I've run out of ideas. I hear things I like on some recordings
Adult Beginners Forum
Tx- now that I have music in front of me it was bar 12 and was the change between the ACE and G# DE. After getting the chance to spend some time on it, I ironed it out. It was just remembering to play the G#. I find some songs easier than others. R
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Olek @ 08/31/15 05:30 PM

sorry Mark method mixed slow pull and impulse : slow pull on the lever trying NOT to turn the pin Impulses triggered by the playing hand (in effect the pin move as with an impulse of the lever, but the lever was just maintaining enough torque to a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Every Pianist Should Know About Pianos by David Farley @ 08/31/15 05:29 PM

I work in a big library and this conversation made me curious to see what we had in our collections. I found a book called "Piano Tuning for Piano Players" by Warren E. Colbert (1985). It's really a type-written paper that's been bound. The
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone used Leila Fletcher method? by AZNpiano @ 08/31/15 05:27 PM

I have not seen this series at all, and I evaluate hundreds of piano students every year. Perhaps in Southern California this series has gone out of favor?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by AZNpiano @ 08/31/15 05:22 PM

I really don't see the point of such heavy practice for someone who is still in her first method book. This is overkill. Alternatively, if it takes her an hour a day of grueling, focused practice IN ORDER TO play decently at each lesson, then I can
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Nocturne, Op. 37 No. 1 by Tim Adrianson @ 08/31/15 05:20 PM

Hi, Setiawan! For my taste, just an excellent rendition of this Nocturne -- unfussy, beautifully voiced and shaped throughout. Just a matter of taste -- I prefer the "A" section to be a tad more "neurotic" and urgent, so that
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Star wars for four hands piano by G&S @ 08/31/15 05:16 PM

This is our version for four hands piano of star wars main theme. I hope you will enjoy it! http://youtu.be/ohRNt_ovGgw
Jump to new posts Re: you tune the first string by Chris Leslie @ 08/31/15 05:08 PM

When I turn the lever, I usually go slightly over and then lean back to the correct pitch. The amount to go over depends on how springy the string and pin is which I can judge by listening and feeling. When I think the pin is in the right position I
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai RHII vs RHIII actions by Hendrik42 @ 08/31/15 05:05 PM

I agree with listen to what your fingers tell you. However, I can relate to wanting something that is close to "real". But there are some problems with that :-) - as was said above, the DPs all try to mimic a grand, not an upright. Example
Adult Beginners Forum
31 August Yesterday I heard Daria van den Bercken playing Sonata KV 282/3 a Classic FM...... Daria van den Bercken; Keys to Mozart .......so I knew what to play this morning..... Before lunch: Mozart sonatas After lunch: Haydn Sonatas After dinner
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: Nocturne No.13 in C minor, Op.48 No.1 by Tim Adrianson @ 08/31/15 04:59 PM

Hi, Samuel -- Welcome to Piano World! I listened to all three of your submissions, but will comment here only because nobody else has. Briefly put, I find this performance to be the least successful of the three. I like the aspect that you are a p
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: gospel or sacred music by JohnSprung @ 08/31/15 04:55 PM

I don't play that genre, but I did run into a web site called "Hear and Play" that's strongly into it. You could also google "Jermaine Griggs".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hands shaking by Shepard @ 08/31/15 04:50 PM

JohnSprung, I agree even though in my case the grand piano I played was quite good. The thing is the piano was closed most of the time and no one was allowed to touch it let alone play it. So when I saw some pianist actually playing it I took my chan
Adult Beginners Forum
Barbaram, congrats! Please tell us more about what you will be doing in the coming semester. Just what does the first semester in a music school look like?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by Saranoya @ 08/31/15 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79Saranoya, I think you are confusing the ability to sight read with the ability to play piano. Not really, but I *do* think that being a well-rounded musician requires the ability to sight-read. Originally Posted By wou
Adult Beginners Forum
No. Like most people, I have relative pitch to some extent, but not absolute pitch. Play something, then take it up a semitone, and I can recognize that it went up a half step. But whether that was from B to C, or C to Db, I'd have no idea at all.
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Grandpianoman @ 08/31/15 04:29 PM

Isaac, thanks, and thanks for the unison tuning advice...will give this a try. If I understand you correctly, you're suggesting I mute the outer 2 strings, tune the center string with the ETD, then tune by ear either the left to the center or the rig
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by wouter79 @ 08/31/15 04:26 PM

Saranoya, I think you are confusing the ability to sight read with the ability to play piano. You are suggesting memorization is cheating or something. Also you are suggesting that memorization is taking "requires* exponentially growing amounts
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hands shaking by JohnSprung @ 08/31/15 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By sorThis happens to me in a different way, I get distracted very easily when there are people in the room, even the slightest movement or noise which is unexpected makes me lose concentration and ultimately start to crash .... On
Jump to new posts Re: ALESIS CODA PRO? by pv88 @ 08/31/15 04:16 PM

Red flag -- proceed with caution: Look as you might you are not even going to find the specs for the wattage output on the built-in speakers. Also, it is not indicated anywhere as to who has manufactured the action. I downloaded the manual and it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hands shaking by JohnSprung @ 08/31/15 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By ShepardSo yesterday I tried to play piano in a hotel where I'm staying atm and I failed because my hands were shaking. Stage fright is the big part of it, but you're also up against something that makes it worse: a hotel piano
Jump to new posts Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! by Qaroll @ 08/31/15 04:00 PM

Classical piano demo of PX-360: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIkpY0laEio
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does sight reading help in general? by pianoloverus @ 08/31/15 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By EvaldasHopefully, we will be able to do two 60 minute lessons per week and then devote like every fourth lesson for sight reading, i.e. one lesson every two weeks would be for sight reading. Of course, we could adjust this later
Page 24 of 26 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland wifi/bluetooth connections
by pe2Dave
09/02/15 01:18 PM
Steinway "steel" frames?
by Erchoukyrie
09/02/15 01:06 PM
1907 chickering grand
by christineka
09/02/15 11:57 AM
Chicago Amateur Piano Competition - Aug 2016
by RonaldSteinway
09/02/15 11:56 AM
What kind of piano is this?
by Justice Post
09/02/15 11:48 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,597 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,629 Topics
2,441,348 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission