Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
140 registered (accordeur, 36251, Adypiano, 37 invisible), 1739 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Forum Stats
76988 Members
42 Forums
159242 Topics
2339251 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by ando @ Yesterday at 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: BeemerCould all of you posting here check your font size. Three of you are using very small font which is so hard to read on a mobile phone. Enjoying reading your enjoyment! Ian Update: Ooops! On re reading thisb thread I thin
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha P-105 or DGX 650 by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 05:54 AM

Thank you anotherscott, always appreciate your knowledgable inputs. I believe you're right, it must be the overall feel/impact a digital piano has, that counts, not just one aspect, like the number of sensors. Must say though, that I noticed a huge
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Geds @ Yesterday at 05:54 AM

Hi Cas, can I be excused for November 12-18 (another work trip)? i took my books but there was nowhere handy to play!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ever write music? by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 05:49 AM

I'll have an engraved collection online for free download quite soon - as soon as the new copyright certificate is received. It mostly 19th century type romantic music and is primarily short compositions, a few of which are sketch-like, and also inc
Jump to new posts Re: V Piano Successor anytime soon? by pv88 @ Yesterday at 05:48 AM

Thanks, James: Have been following things here in the forums but have had little reason to contribute until now as I am still interested in seeing any/all new offerings from Roland, especially as for improvements with the V-Piano and V-Grand. Have
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by ando @ Yesterday at 05:46 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: MarkarianI think carbon fiber pianos are a myth. Someone come on here and prove they are more than just a trade-show curiosity. Gimme some recordings and a price tag.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: isn't Kinderszenen great? by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 05:38 AM

Originally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: Louis Podesta My point, all along, is that the pupils of Clara Schumann have very distinctive stylistic differences. However, in terms of the PEFORMANCE PRACTICE of the time, they are all rolling chor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: isn't Kinderszenen great? by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Louis PodestaOriginally Posted By: hreichgottFriedberg's approach to Fast zu ernst is so interesting. Is he adding grace notes to the LH part? And it is definitely much slower than Clara's m.m. (although not as slow as some I've
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A mathematical question by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinaI wish I had never posed the original question. - don't be so hard on yourself, you've given the nerderati something to live for.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Studio Piano Purchase - Opinions Please by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 05:30 AM

How about trying out a Pfeiffer or a Sauter upright? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br7HEXTT3gc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXyRZE2PiCs
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Recording issue by lolatu @ Yesterday at 05:30 AM

@rungabic You are getting the same issue that I reported on the CA95. Maybe it is an issue specifically with SanDisk drives? But then again, maybe not. Kawai need to either fix the firmware or do some extensive testing across all the brands and issue
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: About scales... by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: LarryShoneOriginally Posted By: Michael Sayers In chess, if "you" want to become a titled Master, or just want to be able to play to the best of your ability, then you will study all five volumes of the Chess Informant
Jump to new posts Re: Using a headphone make me feel a bit dizzy by mabraman @ Yesterday at 04:56 AM

I've experienced similar sensations, Peter071, aside of sickness. That feeling of "too much effects", "wave of sound in an annoying frequence". I did several things: -I bought a pair of new headphones. Semi-opened. Flatter respons
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
marcuslchoi , It sounds wonderful! Interestingly Your addiction to black keys; That you have learned to yourself?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Heater rod on grand to fight humidity ? by Piano_Brazil @ Yesterday at 04:54 AM

I live in Brazil, so I assume our humidity concerns are quite similar. I instaled two different systems in my 2 grands (a baby Euterpe/Bechstein-5'2" and a Mason BB-7'): a DamppChaser and a MoistureKing, each with 2 bars at the classical positi
Jump to new posts Re: Kawaii CN 25/34/35 versus Yamaha CLP 535 by MRC @ Yesterday at 04:49 AM

I had a CLP 585 for a few weeks (before my NU1 was delivered) and tried out all sorts of sound settings. Depending on my mood, my preference would change. In the end, I often came back to the defaults. A CLP is certainly capable of transmitting expre
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Charles Cohen[ My voice/piano teacher has had young, talented students who needed somebody better than she was. She sent them on to appropriate instructors. Now that is a teacher.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by Beemer @ Yesterday at 04:09 AM

Could all of you posting here check your font size. Three of you are using very small font which is so hard to read on a mobile phone. Enjoying reading your enjoyment! Ian Update: Ooops! On re reading thisb thread I think I am sending with too smal
Jump to new posts Re: Using a headphone make me feel a bit dizzy by Peter071 @ Yesterday at 04:00 AM

I don't have a noise canceling headphone. So I have decided I decided to do a hearing test.
Jump to new posts Re: V Piano Successor anytime soon? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 03:55 AM

Welcome back Richard!
Jump to new posts Re: V Piano Successor anytime soon? by pv88 @ Yesterday at 03:50 AM

@Steve, Also, since Roland was not willing to transfer the two (2) presets from the V-Grand to my V-Piano I am not so sure I would want to shell out big money on a V-Grand just to get those additional sounds which you claim "fixes" the inh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A mathematical question by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:49 AM

Other than the 6502 assembler I learnt 30+ years ago I know nothing about programming so your code is completely opaque to me. Did you take into account the empty bar (a bar's rest)? I'm assuming that's the "....1" at the end of your resu
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by BubbaMc @ Yesterday at 03:47 AM

MP11 received. Overall I'm impressed, however something that's bugging me is the side to side play of some of the keys. It seems between every C and D key there's a bigger gap than usual. Anyone else have the same issue?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by johan d @ Yesterday at 03:47 AM

@Giancarlo Robles, @TX-Bluebonnet - Didn't realise this was possible with 7&5 months experience @earolafmar, @Wimpiano, @Sand Tiger, @Joybug, @Silver Keys @Palebluedot @Ajames - Very nice, for only a short time of experience in pianoplaying. Giv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A mathematical question by eulerdisk @ Yesterday at 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistAnd you guys are still forgetting to take tuplets into account. Good point. But that is simply equivalent to take a smaller minumum note duration such that is the minimum common divisor of all tuples. However I'm n
Page 24 of 36 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Music on iPad
by Oklabecca
3 minutes 7 seconds ago
questions about tuning the top octave
by musicalman
Today at 11:50 AM
Resources for Preparing for the Tuning and Technical Exam
by pgmitch
Today at 10:48 AM
Blind comparison/review of the interpretation of a piece?
by anamnesis
Today at 10:26 AM
Korg SV-1
by Mind Flayer
Today at 08:49 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission