Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
67 registered (agent8698, AprilE, agraffe, AngusOg, 12 invisible), 1680 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by R111 @ 01/20/17 02:41 PM

If I had to choose between the two Rolands, I'd quite easily choose the RD-2000 just based on the greatly improved tone quality.
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Dave Ferris @ 01/20/17 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By polo1How about we put a little more credence into the opinion of the guy who actually went and played and listened to the instrument - instead of those who never have... Just my .02 Thank you. Again I was playing both under
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How do you title compositions? by Steve Chandler @ 01/20/17 02:30 PM

You name a piece to help others notice it. For example I posted yesterday about my piece Hope. I was trying to describe the emotion, but I probably would have gotten more attention if I'd named it The Garden Gnome's Delight. You asked about Opus num
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By J SooFor an inveterate procrastinator such as myself, 3+ weeks seems a long way off. However, I'd better get some tracks down, not just for this recital but also the French-themed recital and the following quarterly. Starting in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fair and unfair criticism by Vid @ 01/20/17 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By Steve ChandlerFreedom of speech allows anyone to say almost anything they darn well please. Wisdom allows anyone to temper their speech to greatest effectiveness. Those who indulge their freedom of speech without wisdom are easil
Jump to new posts Re: DPs Exposed! - Kawai MP7 Lot 142 by Gombessa @ 01/20/17 02:22 PM

Aramani, I don't know if this is the same for the MP7, but here are the instructions for the MP11: First, remove the 11 screws on the bottom, around the outer perimeter (the back and the two sides). You do NOT need to remove the 7 screws on the bot
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fair and unfair criticism by Steve Chandler @ 01/20/17 02:22 PM

Freedom of speech allows anyone to say almost anything they darn well please. Wisdom allows anyone to temper their speech to greatest effectiveness. Those who indulge their freedom of speech without wisdom are easily distinguished and their opinions
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paralyzed left fingers by Nahum @ 01/20/17 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By Sarah64 To wouter 79, I use google translate, and they don't understand what I'm trying to say Its not really paralyzed, but no feeling, like sleeping, but permanent, my pinkie has its own will, no control over the movement, and
Adult Beginners Forum
For an inveterate procrastinator such as myself, 3+ weeks seems a long way off. However, I'd better get some tracks down, not just for this recital but also the French-themed recital and the following quarterly. Starting in late March I have a 6-wee
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fair and unfair criticism by Vid @ 01/20/17 01:59 PM

Quote:Chopin's playing was like that of one dreaming rather than awake - scarcely audible in its continual pianissimos and una cordas, with feebly developed technique and quite lacking in confidence, or at least indistinct, and distorted out of all r
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by Morodiene @ 01/20/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoSounds like a teenager!! You can give up on classical music with this kid. Just give him what he wants to play. +1. He's pushing your buttons, and it's a hill not worth dying on, IMO. Whatever your goals are, they are
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by JayGVan @ 01/20/17 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By NotaBeneWell there's no way to tell because they don't communicate on their tech at all. V-Piano is supposed to be modeled, but the V-Piano in the latest is not customizable as the V-Piano, and then the SuperNatural is supposed
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Eavestaff minipiano by David Boyce @ 01/20/17 01:56 PM

Going off-topic, Don, but I see in your Blog that back in August 2015 you wrote about an unusual Broadwood which seems to be the equivalent of what in America is called a "screw-stringer". I wasn't aware that Broadwood every made any like
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by AZNpiano @ 01/20/17 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By The Monkeys Yes, he is always delightful, and is always happy and smiling when he is on the piano bench, even when I am forcing him to play Debussy, which is indeed a blessing. Why are you forcing him to do things against hi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by AZNpiano @ 01/20/17 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By pianopi What right do we have to assume each student is, at heart, some imagined model student-pianist whose mind and motivations do not differ from anyone else's, or from a teacher's ideal - little Stepford-like people who kee
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Morodiene @ 01/20/17 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By pianistje I agree, but it is somehow part of our human nature to validate the most expensive and ''latest greatest''as the best. The original Yamaha KX88 is seen as one of the best controller keyboards ever, due to it's wooden a
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by polo1 @ 01/20/17 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By PercivaleI get it that there is a Bluetooth/WiFi capability omitted. Besides speakers and price points, any reason to get the FP-90 instead of this RD-2000? No
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by AZNpiano @ 01/20/17 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By Candywoman I couldn't disagree more. Anything doing is worth doing well. If you want to fool around on the piano now and again, that's great. But to pay a professional for their lessons and then not complete the necessary work is
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jonathan Biss by phantomFive @ 01/20/17 01:45 PM

I like his interpretation here, especially starting at 4:30
Jump to new posts Re: drug paraphernalia hidden in piano by David Boyce @ 01/20/17 01:45 PM

It's going off-topic, but I think that nowadays we only every find the noun "paraphernalia" as part of the phrase "drugs paraphernalia"
Jump to new posts Re: Relative humidity in the 70s by David Boyce @ 01/20/17 01:42 PM

Quote:We don't know, but what I can tell you is that is about 10 years, your piano will have rust all over it. Hear hear. I don't at all like the idea of putting a good piano in a basement with a partly wet dirt floor.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by Morodiene @ 01/20/17 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By pianopiI really quite disagree with assigning rigid practice requirements for students. Especially when it is based on received information from the practice methods of music examiners, well-known concert pianists and the like.
Jump to new posts Re: Eavestaff minipiano by David Boyce @ 01/20/17 01:28 PM

Just hope that there's nothing wrong with the action, tune it, and creep quietly away.....
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by polo1 @ 01/20/17 01:23 PM

How about we put a little more credence into the opinion of the guy who actually went and played and listened to the instrument - instead of those who never have... Just my .02
Originally Posted By Jake JacksonDrat. I was hoping that I had found a quick route to a paradise where flange pins were practically growing on trees in my back yard. Next, someone will tell me that I shouldn't use a toothpick for a pin extractor, and
Page 24 of 30 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 29 30 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
RCM Grade 9 Piano Exam
by piano2002
40 minutes 10 seconds ago
RCM Grade 9 Piano Exam
by piano2002
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
Yamaha SX series?
by Davdoc
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
Is this really what the Ivory II Steinway sounds like...?
by polo1
Yesterday at 09:11 PM
Jeremy Denk's two-hour course in Western Music
by Hank M
Yesterday at 06:28 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,337 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,931 Topics
2,590,939 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission