Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
150 registered (A Guy, ADS63, Alexander Borro, A Flat Minor, 38 invisible), 1786 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How is this possible? And does it mean anything? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:53 AM

I wouldn't venture to call one or the other better designed on the basis of those numbers. Sound and touch are the significant factors.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by johan d @ Yesterday at 02:52 AM

Are the payed lessons also of the same length /lesson? Because the first lesson are only <5 minutes long. Does he show stuff ON the piano, because until now only spoken words...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Felt curled by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 02:50 AM

It's probably not so much the curl, as the rail hanging too low. That causes the top of the hammers to catch against the edge of the felt and drag it forward, making it curl. It can be adjusted at the bottom, at the pedal, but sometimes the spring a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Software to assist in learning ? by Freebird308 @ Yesterday at 02:47 AM

I have been using a program called Piano Marvel to learn, and it's fantastic. However I'm looking for a really simple program. One that will allow me to plug my keyboard in, and will record whatever I play. And allow me to play it back. Would
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I Love Rachmaninoff <3 Who is with me? by Derulux @ Yesterday at 02:45 AM

Hi Emma! I, too, have no issue with this -- it's not monetized. I've never had an issue with advertized free services, unless the message could be damaging. And I watched enough to get the idea you do, indeed know what you're doing. So, no objec
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are prices negotiable at a piano dealer in Europe? by evamar @ Yesterday at 02:45 AM

Yes, of course you can negotiate. So can they. Here you have a good example on how to deal... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2iZjxSGca8
Piano Forum
Well, call me crazy, but after trying unsuccessfully to get a technician to view it with me, I watched, studied and almost memorised every youtube video about what to look for in an used piano and there I went. As I have no car, it was a 7 hours ro
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason and Hamlin A or AA or Steinway M or O? by Sitbon @ Yesterday at 02:31 AM

Yes, today the Aussie dollar dropped to a five and a half year low buying just US 77cents. And apprentice the dollar will fall further to 73c. Andrew
Jump to new posts Re: Andrew’s temperament(PMR), Moldova by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTWell done. What will you do next to improve it? Bass note unisons need work. Some octaves need work. There still seems to be some slight "honky tonk" tone to the piano, perhaps because of the bass u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 02:30 AM

Spicing together? You are aiming for some special effect? More echo?
Jump to new posts Re: Felt curled by Ben Crosland @ Yesterday at 02:24 AM

I think you'd be better off asking in the tuner-technicians forum, rather than teachers.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Help! Pedal to piano korg c-26 by Mpuczini @ Yesterday at 02:24 AM

Hi My boyfriend bought old korg piano c-26 and he wants buy pedal but in Poland when we living nobody cant help. I want do suprise for him and buy this for him. Please help me if anyone know where I can get pedal for this piano or what am I doing?
Jump to new posts Felt curled by johan d @ Yesterday at 02:17 AM

As you kan see in this picture, some keys often keeps hanging on the felt (too much friction with sligthly curved felt) and won't come back. I clearly see the reason -> felt = sligthly curled and it won't stay flat. Can I fix this myself, by takin
Jump to new posts Re: Is This Possible to Do? - Realtime Accompaniment by Kumi_27 @ Yesterday at 02:08 AM

Similar program - Real-time Style Performer http://lotal.narod.ru/ - and it's free. Afaik uses Yamaha PSR styles and is (was?) based around the same style engine as OMB. Both programs are designed to use Yamaha PSR/Tyros styles, so if You want to use
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by rysowers @ Yesterday at 01:58 AM

Quote:The people who tune without strips make it seem (as I told my apprentice, Lucas Brookins) that all you have to do is tune a string one time to pitch and you are done with it! It will stay! I would never claim to only tune each string one time
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are prices negotiable at a piano dealer in Europe? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 01:50 AM

Don't discount the idea of doing a little international arbitrage. Recently Petrofs were selling at 50% off in Australia. There is generally no tax on used personal items shipped into the U.S..* So if its used--or you use it before shipping--it shoul
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Sympathetic resonance by PianoManChuck @ Yesterday at 01:48 AM

This instructional video on the MP11's "virtual technician" touches on that starting at about 4:57 into the video: http://youtu.be/P4XAIbVDiIA
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 01:44 AM

I do daily yoga geared towards straightening the neck, squaring the shoulders and releasing the pelvis - all done at my own pace.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I Love Rachmaninoff <3 Who is with me? by pv88 @ Yesterday at 01:05 AM

@piano_friend, You have a great website and the videos are very interesting and informative. Thanks for posting! Also, here is favorite piece of mine: https://app.box.com/s/r6tvgw77klwblpt34yin (Recorded at my Roland V-Piano)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Having goals to aim for by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Moonsh1neOriginally Posted By: Saranoya I did go into lessons with a long-term goal in mind (to play a Chopin Nocturne). But then I reached that goal two years in (much sooner than I had expected), and for a while, I lost my mot
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Sonata 30 by George Miller155 @ Yesterday at 12:59 AM

ok I think I'll try it
Pianist Corner
@piano_friend, Have already taken a look at your website and you are a extraordinarily talented pianist! Really enjoyed your Rachmaninoff "Elegie" tutorial. Will continue to watch and study your videos. Extra note: (Excerpt from the El
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (updated! pics) by bolt @ Yesterday at 12:46 AM

You have the same build as me - tall, skinny, long-limbed. Personally I can't stand to sit so close to the piano or so far back on the bench. My knees are not under the keyboard and I sit right on the edge of the bench and lean in slightly and I mo
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with best Acoustic Grand and Rhodes by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 12:30 AM

Franga, are you sure you mean the CP50 and not the CP5? Originally Posted By: FrangaIn New Zealand, I can get around $4000 for the cp50. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, however a quick search suggests it's possible to purchase a brand new CP4
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to take formal lessons? by outo @ Yesterday at 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: eighty80eights8s I think it's about brain processing speed as relates to hand-eye coordination, remembering fingering, preparing for the next measure, paying attention to the myriad of musical notations on the sheet music.
Page 24 of 34 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pete Carroll plays the piano.
by furlongdude
01/31/15 11:14 AM
How do we memorize a piece on the piano?
by RaggedKeyPresser
01/31/15 10:03 AM
New to Forum
by Agfinguy
01/31/15 10:03 AM
Original Scaling - 1929 Steinert Copy of Steinway B
by Seeker
01/31/15 10:01 AM
Hammer flange movement?
by Beemer
01/31/15 07:15 AM
Forum Stats
77938 Members
42 Forums
161087 Topics
2366338 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission