Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber by ando @ 04/19/14 06:57 PM

It's not a fair comparison because the Bösendorfer is in a small domestic space, while the Steingräber is in a larger reverberant space. So it's a comparison of two very different pianos in very different spaces, with pianists of a very different n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by CalvinB @ 04/19/14 06:51 PM

No problem
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by accordeur @ 04/19/14 06:49 PM

That answer is perfectly to my liking. Thanks very much.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ 04/19/14 06:46 PM

Hi everyone! It's good to see old friends and new posting on RST. I hope we will hear from Rossy some time. I do considerably less long distance car travel these days. This used to be one of my favorites. Enjoy and have a good weekend.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by CalvinB @ 04/19/14 06:45 PM

@Accordeur Thank you for bringing up this question again, as I'm sure it's one that many would like answered. "Where our parts are manufactured" is a simple statement and I'm sure you're looking for a simple answer, but that is unfortunatel
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the government and tuning. by BenP @ 04/19/14 06:45 PM

I never hire anyone for any kind of work (mechanic, landscaper, etc.) who offers me "under-the-table" deals to avoid paying taxes. If they are willing to deceive the government to save money, what would keep them from deceiving me for the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts give up on old acoustics and buy a digital? by carojm36 @ 04/19/14 06:41 PM

Lately I've taken up piano (again), and I've been renting, thinking about buying, but I think maybe my house isn't set up right. I have a raised ranch with typical daylight basement. There is not one decent inside wall upstairs so I had to put the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing the piano again by Music Me @ 04/19/14 06:36 PM

Mr. Wolf - Please read "Adult Beginner's" Forum. A lot of us who returned to playing post here. That is the forum I was referring to in my previous post.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing the piano again by Music Me @ 04/19/14 06:35 PM

Mr. Wolf- How wonderful. Welcome home. There's nothing quite like falling in love again with the one thing that will love us back unconditionally ( in addition to our four legged friends, however we don't have to feed the piano). I agree with Mart
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
UPDATE! I made 2 sets of completely new K3 samples (one from the player's perspective ie: about a foot away from the hammers where your ears would be, and one from above the piano with the mic pointed in towards the hammers), and both sets have 2-3 v
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by CalvinB @ 04/19/14 06:19 PM

@Minnesota Marty Oh? While I'm saddened to see that you are not one for sarcasm, are you implying that I misread, misinterpreted, and misstated what you wrote? I believe that this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. (PS still waiting for
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by accordeur @ 04/19/14 06:19 PM

Mr. CalvinB, I have never used WNG parts. But I have heard great things about them. I believe that they have definite potential, and am looking forward to trying them out. I think that you posting here is a step in the right direction. But now tha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Chopin’s Ballade 1 by Bigvalbio @ 04/19/14 06:17 PM

Hi Valencia. I too have set myself the goal of learning this piece over the course of 2014. My aim is to be able to perform it to family and friends during the Christmas break. I don't get much time for practice but I have an ability to memorise quit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Op 9 No 1 help by TwoSnowflakes @ 04/19/14 06:16 PM

Got it! Ok, just loop that second half of the first measure with the 11 over 6 over and over and over until the notes fit. It gets there; it's not fast. Just feel it as one thing. It comes. Then just rinse and repeat the same for the next meas
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by R_B @ 04/19/14 06:15 PM

THIS: "I can't comment on that: perhaps true perhaps not." IS a "comment".
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by CalvinB @ 04/19/14 06:11 PM

BDB, I'm sorry to hear of your "en masse failing of mystery composite parts", and am saddened to hear the fate of some company's composite parts (you didn't mention whose). However--for the sake of a productive and beneficial discussion, an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Minnesota Marty @ 04/19/14 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: CalvinBI'm also sorry to hear that your opinion of Mason & Hamlin has changed for the worse. I hope that your opinion of Wessell, Nickel & Gross hasn't. This is hardly what I stated. Please re-read what I wrote. There
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by Minnesota Marty @ 04/19/14 05:57 PM

Aha! When you check out the piano store, let us know the brands they have and we can express opinions.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by CalvinB @ 04/19/14 05:57 PM

@MinnesotaMarty I'm not sure what you mean by attitude, nor am I the owner of WNG. To quote myself, Quote:To those who have doubts regarding WNG parts, we pose this question—“If Wessell, Nickel & Gross parts are inferior, why are the majority
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by michaelha @ 04/19/14 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyKeep in mind that most shoppers don't know Thomma, from Emerson, from Fandrich. Keep in mind that most shoppers don't know Renner, from Abel, from Ronsen. Very true, but when they start their shopping some fa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing the piano again by Minnesota Marty @ 04/19/14 05:55 PM

Hi Mr. Wolf - Welcome Back! At this point, play the things that you are comfortable with and resurrect scales to regain finger dexterity and speed. Purchase some music which is just slightly more difficult than your current level and gently push yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by cromax @ 04/19/14 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyCromax, The big problem is that most of us have no idea of what brands are available in Portugal. Dont mind that! I'm going to Spain soon with my family and I bet that there are more variety of pianos there, s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianodisc PDS-128 Plus capability by Kevin L @ 04/19/14 05:51 PM

Hi Mark, I hope you are still available to help w/PDS 128 hacks. I'm trying to avoid spending a few thousand $ to replace my system. It is working fine, but I'd like to access files w/out disks. I noticed your advice above and tried running a piec
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber by Alex Hernandez @ 04/19/14 05:49 PM

Keith, My compliments on the 232, what an instrument! I hope all is well with you and yours. -Alex
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by Polyphonist @ 04/19/14 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: DameMyraOriginally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistSome would tell you that Opus 15 is harder. And they would be wrong. Agreeing with Carey, they would be absolutely, unequivocally dead wrong. I was refer
Page 24 of 33 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32 33 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (36251, Beemer, anrpiano, 48 invisible), 1416 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74270 Members
42 Forums
153625 Topics
2251642 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Lubricious Whippen Cushions
by Grotriman
1 minute 16 seconds ago
Always respect your piano
by Beemer
4 minutes 27 seconds ago
Hello + buying my first piano (long post)
by Ben_NZ
19 minutes 1 second ago
Tunelab alternative partial settings?
by Beemer
Today at 04:52 AM
Noodling board
by Maarkr
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission