Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
64 registered (Albunea, augustm, Bachus, beeboss, 36251, Bellicapelli, 14 invisible), 954 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by Svenno @ 05/22/15 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By Art_VandelayI have a thing for dramatic minor pieces. Well, I have too! But, so you don't think that such pieces would suit as an encore?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by Art_Vandelay @ 05/22/15 03:21 PM

That was my bad, I have a thing for dramatic minor pieces. After rereading your post it was a rather silly suggestion.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by Bachus @ 05/22/15 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By Jay RolandI've had my hands on it for an hour so far and WOW! Action is beautiful. Don't know what it compares to or comes from, but feels great. SOUNDS incredible. Huge Fat, Distinctly Roland. The crossover concept is very we
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by Svenno @ 05/22/15 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By Art_VandelayYou plan to "master" a virtuosic piece in 3 weeks? Yes. As I said, I learn pieces fast... last week, I learned and memorized a prelude and fugue from WTC I in 2 days, cause I discovered I have been slackin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to put my piano by Raindrops @ 05/22/15 03:12 PM

I have a K3. So yes, it's upright. I would consider A, because I imagine your couch or some seating can be arranged on the left side of the piano, so you have an audience while you play. B is putting your back to people. The cons of putting it in A
Great to know, I do feel comfortable with the PX-5s since it's a piano, and I don't know the first thing about DAW's. After watching the demo on youtube, which is meant to persuade you, still I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to start creating and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by Art_Vandelay @ 05/22/15 03:06 PM

You plan to "master" a virtuosic piece in 3 weeks? If you had more time I would suggest something like Chopin's op. 10 no. 4, but it's not feasible with these time constraints.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: M &H in 1990s by Raindrops @ 05/22/15 03:02 PM

Found your recital. It sounds nice. I have to play in person to hear/feel the tone though.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by Svenno @ 05/22/15 03:01 PM

I'll be performing my first solo concert in 3 weeks... and I thought... why not do a short encore, to surprise my teacher, and everyone else? I'm looking for something virtuosic obviously, around/under 5 minutes long and something with not much vari
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks, any suggestions on finding a group to play with? Do you think I could "audit" a course at a community college?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: M &H in 1990s by Raindrops @ 05/22/15 02:54 PM

And what does "fully" rebuilt mean? That shouldn't include the soundboard right?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: M &H in 1990s by Raindrops @ 05/22/15 02:51 PM

You ARE bragging and I'm all green! I'm not entirely oriented with this forum, can you point to me the exact path to the quarterly recital?
Pianist Corner
If your hands are too small to reach more than a stretchy ninth, then I guess this is a logical solution. But if you look at most professionals, playing say, la campanella, their wrists are raised super high to promote agility and reduce tension.
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by Jay Roland @ 05/22/15 02:45 PM

I've had my hands on it for an hour so far and WOW! Action is beautiful. Don't know what it compares to or comes from, but feels great. SOUNDS incredible. Huge Fat, Distinctly Roland. The crossover concept is very well executed. 49 keys is plent
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 ABF Survey by torquenale @ 05/22/15 02:45 PM

Done!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Accuracy - How to play without striking wrong notes by Art_Vandelay @ 05/22/15 02:43 PM

Yeah, my first thought when I saw that wealth of information was "no way this should be free."
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By theforeverwar. . . Also I would love to get into a group, and play and make up music, as that would keep me playing and learn from other people. I feel like taking lessons on youtube is very limited and doesn't seem like it woul
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By StubbieWhat was the path that got you, as an adult, into learning piano or restarting, if you had lessons as a child? For me it was the person I reported to when I was working. His children were taking lessons, and he was sitt
Sounds a bit odd to me, similar to a fog horn maybe, but I cannot name it exactly, as probably an experienced piano would be able to. I will make a recording on the MP7 for comparison.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: M &H in 1990s by dynamobt @ 05/22/15 02:36 PM

I don't want to brag, but I think my vintage Mason has that "old world" sound you talk about. If you want to take a listen to it, go to the current ABF Quarterly Recital #38 and listen to #14 the 2nd movement of the Ravel Sonatine. My p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question about sharps and flats by Charles Cohen @ 05/22/15 02:36 PM

Fizikisto is right. If you want more mind-bending: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enharmonic
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Six pianos! by RealPlayer @ 05/22/15 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By jazzyprofHow are the acoustics in there? It's pretty live, but pleasantly so.
1. Assume that whatever you buy, it will be replaced by a new model within two years. For the PX5S, which is about 2 years old now, probably sooner than that. Don't have too many regrets, when that happens. 2. I suspect (but can't prove) that mo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts What is "Playing by ear"? by Albunea @ 05/22/15 02:26 PM

I did the survey, and one question was: Quote:Can you play by ear, without the use of sheet music? I answered "No", but I realized I truly don't know what is playing by ear, or it seems to me it can mean many different things. Or it simpl
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 keyboard noise by PiaNyaa @ 05/22/15 02:24 PM

Hendrik and James, thanks a lot for your responses. I don't know if it was the enquiry I sent to Kawai about the actions of their Turkey distributor or if it was being serious and resolute with the case and taking it to the consumer complaint plat
Page 24 of 29 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 28 29 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha P105 or P45?
by FormulaGoat
Today at 02:00 AM
piano above the garage door
by yulinxp
Today at 01:18 AM
How Much are Modern Piano Recordings Digitally Edited?
by Scriabin67
Today at 01:02 AM
Digital vs acoustic, $400 budget
by AnastasiaT
Today at 12:04 AM
7-year-old on metronome practice
by hreichgott
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,391 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,296 Topics
2,409,795 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission