Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
109 registered (BB Player, AZ_Astro, Alexander Borro, augustm, 29 invisible), 1567 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Right Speaker makes a buzzing noise by TonyTrout @ 04/16/15 11:15 AM

Hey, gang!! I know it's been a long time (almost two years!) since I last posted here (health issues with my heart were the cause of me not posting) but I found out the problem with the buzzing and it's the speaker. I put my hand on it and the bu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Birthday greetings to TwoSnowflakes! by griffin2417 @ 04/16/15 11:15 AM

Happy birthday TwoSnowflakes! You rarely hear from me because I am mostly lurking. However, I always enjoy your postings ever since we connected on the Rachmaninoff thread. Many happy returns!
Jump to new posts Re: Creating a (low-end) home studio...the basics by Alexander Borro @ 04/16/15 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenA normal PC soundcard runs 44.1 kilo-samples per second, with 16-bit resolution. A serious "audio interface" (or "field recorder", like the Zoom H4N) will run 96 kilo-samples per second, with 24
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: And I thought ... by the nosy ape @ 04/16/15 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniOriginally Posted By BDB This link on that page was more interesting! I got 17 out of 21 correct but I thought I was going to ace it. ....how embarrassing. I got 19, but I noticed that there were never more th
Adult Beginners Forum
WiseBuff, One of my favorite place titles, unfortunately way out of my reach for now...... Granados' Danzas Espanola, no.5 Andaluza
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which method book contains... by R0B @ 04/16/15 10:48 AM

Just happy to be helpful :-)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it bad to tap-in a pin? by Ed Foote @ 04/16/15 10:42 AM

Greetings, I believe it was some years ago that either Jim Coleman, Ernie Juhn, or another of our esteemed legacy members, demonstrated the difference in the foot and top of the pin. It was done by drilling a hole in the bottom of a tuning pin so
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance For A Complete Beginner by wimpiano @ 04/16/15 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By earlofmarbest advice of course is get a teacher. This can hardly get enough emphasis.. Considering your goals I am quite sure you can hardly do without. Of course you can play the piano well over time. But going to Grade8+ witho
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What can I get for $4000? by wimpiano @ 04/16/15 10:33 AM

Do you mean models or these specific piano's? Every piano differs and difference get bigger over age because of maintenance, intensity of use and environment. The models don't say much about specific examples. If he's ordering them, will that be new
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you allow students to choose what to learn? by Angela62213 @ 04/16/15 10:32 AM

I had a number of "transfer wrecks" as you call them and each one was different in how I had to handle their note reading skills. Almost all had to be set back a level and I had to re-teach basics. However 2 of them are natural musicians an
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By John v.d.BrookIn a very real sense, there is nothing below your level. What I mean is that we can always take a so-called simpler piece and improve our playing of it. Learning pieces perhaps a grade
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance For A Complete Beginner by MrCurlz @ 04/16/15 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By dmdSomeone in another thread recommended this site for classical piano music. http://artistworks.com/piano-lessons-christie-peery It looks very good to me, also. If I was more into classical music or just beginning my journ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What can I get for $4000? by Breanne @ 04/16/15 10:12 AM

Thank you for your replies. I called my local dealer again yesterday and he was able to order both models to his store so I could play them. I think this is going to be the best option instead of dealing with a long distance dealer. You guys never
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance For A Complete Beginner by MrCurlz @ 04/16/15 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By dmdThis is my best suggestion ... http://www.fundamentalkeys.com Since you are a complete beginner I would suggest that you DO NOT purchase the old version of her book but instead ... Purchase Book 1 of the newest edition and
Piano Teachers Forum
While teachers may be cautious about taking on an adult, at this juncture I am equally cautious about engaging any teacher. I'll say it again - you must be informed, and more so than a parent seeking a teacher for a child, because the issues mention
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance For A Complete Beginner by dmd @ 04/16/15 09:55 AM

Someone in another thread recommended this site for classical piano music. http://artistworks.com/piano-lessons-christie-peery It looks very good to me, also. If I was more into classical music or just beginning my journey I would certainly giv
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By casinitalyOne thing that seemed to have helped was that at the lesson last week my teacher made me stop between each block of chords and "imagine" how I was going to move. It was the first time he had asked me to do tha
Jump to new posts Re: kawai ca-17 at musikmesse by Marcos Daniel @ 04/16/15 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By ando James is doing his job, can't fault him for that. On the other hand this is a massive storm in a teacup. There was no harm done by the release of the document for the CA17. That's why I didn't like what happened. I still h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: An interview with Eleanor Sokoloff - Pt.1 by pianoloverus @ 04/16/15 09:50 AM

Fantastic! The only thing I would suggest is that for Part 2 Hugh Sung should wear one of her hats.
Page 24 of 24 < 1 2 22 23 24
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recognize this man?
by Sam S
Today at 05:08 AM
Beginner Digital Piano Recommendations
by MrCurlz
Today at 04:07 AM
adult tutor books
by lovepianoteaching
Today at 12:44 AM
Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used)
by Tickle88ivory
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Hi im NEW
by DigitalC
Yesterday at 09:42 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,941 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,332 Topics
2,397,250 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission