Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

This topic is mind-blowing: how can so many tuners from the same part of the world be so in-your-face ignorant? We are all talking about clean unisons, and what that range is. This topic is NOT about a wavy unisons; that kind of stagnate thinking is
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Herr Weiss @ Yesterday at 10:26 AM

Firstly: I see that you did not read the www.geek.com link i submitted. If you had read, you would have noticed that it had nothing to do with Dr. Hawkins' January '14 paper. gizmodo.com/no-stephen-hawking-did-not-say-black-holes-dont-exist-15138
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: SURVEY - Your Favorite Virtual Piano Library by Chrisl @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

3 - Ivory AM G II 2 Ravenscroft 1 Galaxy
Jump to new posts Re: Best headphone for a digital Clavinova CVP-403 by Deffie @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Out of the ones you mentioned I'd probably go with the Sennheisers. The Q701s would likely require an amp (they have quite low sensitivity for headphones), so I wouldn't pick those. If possible I'd recommend checking if there are any local stores whe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

I just ordered a Henle Urtext version of the Noveletten op.21. (I'll be playing no.2) As soon as it arrives I'll be on it! Need to be, because it is pretty hard and I want to do it justice just a tiny bit.
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by adamp88 @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTThe PTG Midwest Regional Seminar was a great success! It was impressive beyond my expectations. Agreed! It was a great conference, with some very valuable classes and great instructors. It certainly exceeded
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by jotur @ Yesterday at 10:05 AM

How cool that you've been playing some duets, and that your wife and you may soon be able to jam together, Kawai Player. The learning process will keep you young and entertained for the next 50 years (I can vouch for the next 18, anyway)! Nice to ha
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Krome, Roland FA-08 or Yamaha MOXF8? by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Morodienesince the MOXF is entry-level, it has the sounds of the MOTIFs but the limitations of the MOXF means those sounds aren't going to be as great. I disagree with that. I think the sound of the MOXF and Motif XF is virtu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading: Rhythm over correct notes? by jjo @ Yesterday at 10:03 AM

Why are you learning to site read? That will affect the answer. If you're learning to site read to improve your music reading skills, then go slow and get all the notes right. I site read, as a jazz player, so I can handle pieces at a jam session or
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ibach baby grand by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

I think I found the one on CL. It seems to be manufactured in 1990 or 1991. It could be an F1 165cm from Germany. You can contact the seller and ask for the type number which is stamped in the plate like this: If it starts with a K, then it's from
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking for Advice by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: ArabesqueThank you all for your advice. At one time in my life piano was a side interest. Now I want to perform. So these technical issues should be of concern. Yes it is a small private enterprise and I respect what they do. Pi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "How It's Made" and Cunningham Piano Co. by Rickster @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

Congratulations, Rich! That is one of my favorite TV programs! I'll be on the lookout for that one... Rick
I have a Yamaha C6, and I'd say it has a lighter action than a Casio PX-x50. Grand pianos themselves vary a lot in how heavy the keys feel. As for "upgrading" to a Roland, I think their lower end models (i.e. "Ivory Feel-G") fe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "How It's Made" and Cunningham Piano Co. by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 09:56 AM

That's really cool! Looking forward to seeing the program. Allthough the schedule differs here in the Netherlands, I'm sure they will air it in the near future.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Grand Pianos by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 09:47 AM

it's not quite what you asked but as a step in your search you might want to check out the larry fine book piano buyer's guide. here's a link to a relevant page. http://www.pianobuyer.com/fall14/42.html there are a lot of top-tier piano makes to ch
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: no parents allowed by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: John v.d.BrookOriginally Posted By: CandywomanRecording the lessons is a distraction. I could never joke with my teacher if I knew that it's all being recorded. It changes the relationship. If I were the OP, I'd ask to sit in
Jump to new posts Re: My Kawai CA-95 does not record drum patterns by lolatu @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

I can confirm OP's issue. I checked my firmware version and I'm on 1.07. It turns out that there have been two firmware updates released, which I hadn't heard about: Originally Posted By: firmware changelogV2.01 (August 2014) - Corrected the ‘Trip
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts "How It's Made" and Cunningham Piano Co. by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

Good Morning PW, Please forgive the blatant self promotion, but later this week the partial assembly and preparation of the Matchless Cunningham Upright pianos will be featured on the Science Channel's program "How It's Made". Additionall
Jump to new posts How many different actions do the Kawai digitals have? by Giancarlo Robles @ Yesterday at 09:34 AM

I was wondering if there is a resource somewhere of the various actions Kawai has currently and in the past and the order of realism in the actions (from least to most realistic or least to most expensive). It seems like there are a lot of actions
Piano Forum
another article and more photos... How one man almost lost his mind building a tiny piano
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Quick question on zoom recorders by Pover @ Yesterday at 09:32 AM

Wow ted, your playing is impressive! I can't believe you actually improvised that, you must be fantastic! I have trouble maintaining interesting interpretation even on a pathetic chord pattern, let alone make up different ideas without any solid basi
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Olek @ Yesterday at 09:32 AM

No dismounting, just moisten with a drop on cloth an wood (in Renner factory the parts are literally put in the bath of product) looks very stiff really try 50/50 use isopropyl alcohol if you have some. I use distilled or clean water And wait 8 h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ibach baby grand by Jennymomofboys @ Yesterday at 09:25 AM

Thanks everyone, I emailed ibach with the serial number, I don't have a model number but will email the seller and ask. It's 3.5 hours away, so I can't just drive and get all that myself. From my limited research, I think there's a good chance it w
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Olek @ Yesterday at 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Herr WeissOriginally Posted By: OlekI rarely read you totally Bill, your difficulty to clearly demonstrate and explain Weinreich effect and how it is used is pathetic, there is at last a black hole in your knowledge or unders
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Jamie_from_Canada @ Yesterday at 09:20 AM

Hello again. I've removed the lever and flange with no difficulty. I've taken a video which I believe demonstrates the stiffness at the articulation between the flange and lever. Here it is: http://www.mvgrafx.net/~james/leverflange.mp4 Again, what
Page 25 of 32 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31 32 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What to look for in a keyboard
by Tikki56
10/01/14 06:30 PM
Christmas duets for Student and Teacher
by Purpl3keys
10/01/14 06:24 PM
The Steinway S in 1936
by Rich Galassini
10/01/14 06:21 PM
Yamaha CP5
by Synner
10/01/14 05:43 PM
Vice grip needle nose threaded bolt dimensions
by Olek
10/01/14 05:10 PM
Who's Online
121 registered (accordeur, A Guy, ajames, ando, 41 invisible), 1371 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76396 Members
42 Forums
157933 Topics
2319401 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission