Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
66 registered (Beakybird, beeboss, Bachus, Ben_NZ, 11 invisible), 1064 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by Grandpianoman @ 02/04/16 01:55 PM

Hi Andy, Yes, def agree...the more I listen to all 3, I am favoring the whole step file..love the lower notes and the richness it brings to the piece. One thing I have always noticed with EBVT III, when there are a lot of low notes going on at onc
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai action question (history) by Mental Nomad @ 02/04/16 01:51 PM

Thanks, both... The MP11 site describes the function of the sensors in a way that suggests they're on-off switches. A graphite/cup switch makes sense, especially for a hammer strike sensor, but the rubber cup design is not so appropriate for measur
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Doing Recording vs Live Performance by ChrisKeys @ 02/04/16 01:51 PM

Beautiful, exciting performances! You have much to be proud of. I was smiling broadly at the end of L'Isle Joyeuse. Chris
Jump to new posts Re: Ye Auld "Adjacent M3s"? by Grandpianoman @ 02/04/16 01:45 PM

This was an informative demonstration back in July, 2010, of the differences between an "ET" tuning on my Yamaha Digital Disklavier and and EBVT III on my M&H RBB. In the beginning, Bill Bremmer demonstrates the differences of M3, P4,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone a self-taught pianist? by rocket88 @ 02/04/16 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By briangmoore One thing that your post jarred in me though was this: sometimes, for me, I found it quite instructive when NOT all fingers were numbered. Agreed. Many beginners I have taught will determine the note by the fing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by wouter79 @ 02/04/16 01:38 PM

Teachers should hear what your playing needs most urgently and how to best deal with that.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mission to play Beethoven's Hammerklavier by preludetr @ 02/04/16 01:35 PM

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Seems like the consensus is that it should be learned ASAP. Even though I know my technique is not good enough to play it at speed, it's probably not too early to start working through the notes.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by rocket88 @ 02/04/16 01:30 PM

Great story form a great storyteller and pianist. Really enjoyed it!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by cmybliss @ 02/04/16 01:28 PM

Congratulations on finishing your book! I love that song.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano Girl RMG @ 02/04/16 01:26 PM

Thanks for reading my story, DogPerson! Glad you enjoyed it. If you're looking for adventure a piano gig in a hotel is a good place to start. Public transportation also offers many opportunities for excitement! Love the red jumpsuit. Just my style.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Pianomarvel by poc @ 02/04/16 01:26 PM

I am new to this form but I have been using PM since September '15. I really enjoy my practice sessions on PM. I am nearly done with level 3. I won't move on to a new level until I score 96 or better( gold piano). I took a couple weeks off lessons
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by cmybliss @ 02/04/16 01:25 PM

It is a fun one to play! I'm going to try to get to the point where I can sing along. I still have trouble doing that as I'm keeping count in my head and there's only so much room in there!
Piano Teachers Forum
Thanks on the advice, I still have a lot to improve on the basics, but I don't feel inspired to practive right now just learning to play pieces. I want to play something that helps me to develop improvisation skills. I was also checking some books
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by peterws @ 02/04/16 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By peterwsThered be a DGX 660 lurking in the corner but he never noticed it.. . Having trouble reading, Pete? Alternatively: don't let the facts get in the way of a snide remark... Ehhhh, I puts me
Jump to new posts Re: Una Corda by login @ 02/04/16 01:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfHK7_lSY-0 Live presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R49faHgWW9w Love the sound of Nils. check his albums someday.
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by johnlewisgrant @ 02/04/16 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By pinkfloydhomerEPT doesn't inherently make non-progressive (or progressive) adjacent M3s. It doesn't care about them at all. It aims at lowering the combined entropy. In a perfect piano with no or very smooth iH and smoothly decli
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unwanted harassment from parent by musicpassion @ 02/04/16 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By INBostonIt could be completely unprofessional for you to drop the student with no explanation, and could be potentially damaging to your career if word gets around. No. I don't think it could be - unless you are under contract t
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai action question (history) by Frédéric L @ 02/04/16 12:52 PM

Generaly the sensors are just simple switches : you need 2 of them to measure the velocity (with the time spent between the 2 sensors). If you have only 2 sensors, the higher sensor switch off the note, then you have to cut a note to trigger the sam
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by chopin_r_us @ 02/04/16 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By chopin_r_usNo teacher worth their salt would encourage you to enter a music profession. Engineering is every bit as creative. Is this a serious post? At conservatories and similar places close to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin 7 Fter in Irvine, CA $5800 by WhoDwaldi @ 02/04/16 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniWishing the photos showed more, especially because Baldwin bridges have a tendency to crack along the seams of the laminations. I doubt this is a dealer, in spite of the other pianos in the background, for one rea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: From now on.... by Ken Knapp @ 02/04/16 12:40 PM

Hmmm.. Norbert has a right to respond to ANYONE he wishes to respond to. Or not. Piano World does NOT require the use of a person's full name. The reason for this has nothing to do with respecting privacy or anyone's rights. It is totally to do wit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Alberti Bass by Turnthepage! @ 02/04/16 12:39 PM

THAT'S IT!!! Thank you, Fatar, for leading us to that site. I can benefit from that lesson. Best of luck to you and learning your piece.
KJ has already already answered this in the last couple of days on a couple of other threads, no. Probably summer NAMM then!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai action question (history) by spanishbuddha @ 02/04/16 12:26 PM

In general terms, apart from the AG's as you say, the switches are on/off loosely based on the graphite pad and rubber cup used in remote control devices. A decent description of the three sensor system is on the MP11 site.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by Monica K. @ 02/04/16 12:17 PM

Thanks, Sam. I truly don't want to add to your or Frank's work. If it's an easy fix, then let's do it; otherwise it really isn't a problem to keep making and uploading the zip files by hand.
Page 25 of 30 < 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio PX-350 question
by T E Bekken
8 minutes 56 seconds ago
Site update
by mikka942
29 minutes 15 seconds ago
Light: Small, inexpensive, battery-operated
by Noonie
50 minutes 59 seconds ago
Different colours
by musicbased
Today at 05:48 AM
Steinway piano shuffle and sample of my Steinway A
by shirlkirsten
Today at 05:38 AM
Forum Stats
82,486 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,298 Topics
2,492,652 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission