Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
144 registered (36251, acoxcae, accordeur, A Guy, alfredo capurso, 37 invisible), 1717 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Shorter Solo Works - Editions? by the nosy ape @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

I have the Henle and I would say it is worth the price.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried IRockU? by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

Fatih, Yes, for some people it's possible. It's called absolute perfect pitch. There's another kind of perfect pitch where you can name or recognize any interval after hearing a reference tone to compare it to. That called relative perfect pitch
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Planned deception where "designed by" becomes a Steinway. by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: laguna_greg I was the only person from my department to have such accomplishments professionally, and the alumni newsletter NEVER had a single item in it about any of my career highlights without my tel
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Jytte @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

The first 8 lessons are a mix of theory and practical exercises. In fact they all are. If one has already this knowledge, it's easy to zoom through those theoretical parts. I did however - and would advice anyone to do so as well - watch each and eve
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the mystry of voicing the "correct" way by Silverwood Pianos @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

There is no mystery to voicing. The only mysterious part is to balance the customer desires with what and how the fixed toned instrument will offer; how to hide the shortcomings of said instrument while bringing forward the positive characteristic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ Yesterday at 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By: casinitaly Barbaram - 20 bpm over your comfort zone? That's a lot! Do take care of your injury!!! Yes, I feel a bit foolish in hindsight! Pretty sure it's very minor but continuing to take a rest from anything likely to str
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Alexandre Tharaud recital review in NY Times by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 10:26 AM

Boy, he's been rather damned by faint praise! Poor guy!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding sustain by joyoussong @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

Ryan, it depends what you mean by "sustain." I don't think the first couple of clips involve the pedal at all; it's just a held note. One of the pieces I'm working on has a bar with one note held while the rest of the bar is played, &
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: RM3 regulation by Pete14 @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

I believe it can be regulated, if you know what you're doing. The people at Ravenscroft have performed -what could be considered- a regulation of sorts on the RM3II action.
Jump to new posts Re: Applying Superglue to Tuning Pins by Silverwood Pianos @ Yesterday at 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: accordeur Once again, I would not be surprised that CA could actually save a piano doped with glycerin in the past. It works. I just did this yesterday to a J&C Fisher 31xxx. Interesting scale design with angled straig
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Jytte @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Yes, lesson 8 is pedal and crossing over. Which is why I did the thing, short as it is it's not a big deal. Now, with a 'large' piece, that one ends up spending weeks and weeks on, it had better be something I can tolerate to listen to. And 'live' o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ipad apps - does this exist? by Pollux @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

Have a look at Home Concert Xtreme from TimeWarp Technology. I think it's exactly what you're asking for. But you'll probably find the price tag unusually high for an iPad app.
Jump to new posts Re: The Right Words At The Right Time by Silverwood Pianos @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Piano tuning is the musical equivalent of fresh cut flowers. After a number of weeks they being to wilt and deteriorate.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Jytte @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

As soon as I've started another 'month', it gives you access to the next 8 lessons. I then Immediately go about downloading all lessons and materials. Watching online is often not that good, studdering. Sometimes downloading will be slow, then I just
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried IRockU? by pyropaul @ Yesterday at 10:15 AM

Yes, of course. Some people call this "perfect pitch" and others dispute that it exists at all but call it "pitch memory". I can do what you describe - though if the notes are somehow "between" standard pitches, it's not
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Jytte @ Yesterday at 10:14 AM

Johan, welcome to the club
Jump to new posts Re: Cheaper Alternative to Protek CLP? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 10:13 AM

Well, I lubricated my Richmond's front key pins, balance rail pins, and all the capstans, with Protek CLP, and the difference is impressive. Not only faster trilling, but smoother overall playing, and easier pianissimo ppp. It's kinda like the diff
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Dennis in Canada @ Yesterday at 10:13 AM

Hi Johan, Glad to hear you too are following Jaak's online course. As you can read from these posts, we all find his tutorials beneficial. I would be interested in hearing how things go for you in this course.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Best Piano Accessories (add yours) by Ragdoll @ Yesterday at 10:12 AM

A pencil, note book, movable post-it flags (for chunking) and my Q3HD is about all the accessories I have...or need for the AP, the same plus headphones for the DP. The Q3HD often has a different picture of my playing than the one in my head. It's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried IRockU? by Fatih @ Yesterday at 10:05 AM

Guys i have an off to topic question. Is it possible to identify a note by ear without a reference note?
Jump to new posts Re: The Right Words At The Right Time by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 10:05 AM

"Tuning is part arithmetic and part flower-arranging" That one is my own.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chords by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 10:05 AM

I agree, we all have different sized hands and so fingering that might be completely natural for one person might be uncomfortable for another person. And the fingering that you use in one piece might be completely different from the fingering you w
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
People refrain from syncing audio and video, thinking it's just so hard. It's not very easy, but it's not very hard either, just takes a bit of thinking. One way is simply to calculate the starting point. Say we have a video, and you want to start i
Jump to new posts Re: The Right Words At The Right Time by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 10:03 AM

"No tuning is ever finished, just left behind". I got that from Ron Nossaman, but he doesn't take credit for originating it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried IRockU? by pyropaul @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinahttp://www.irocku.com/_resources/piano/notelearner/ I think there is a problem with my piano. I am trying to find E Sharp. Please can somebody help? The keyboard they have is one octave sharp! "Middle C"
Page 25 of 34 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Slipped and fell on ice today
by dynamobt
01/30/15 06:14 PM
Brodmann PE 187 vs Ronisch 186 vs Yamaha C3x
by Sitbon
01/30/15 05:38 PM
Waltz from Schubert, which is it?
by Peter071
01/30/15 04:54 PM
Repeated notes technique
by Brad Hoehne
01/30/15 01:38 PM
Need gearchoice help - the "ultimate" setup
by Auver
01/30/15 01:31 PM
Forum Stats
77934 Members
42 Forums
161073 Topics
2366044 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission