Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, augustm, AprilE, 19 invisible), 1066 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by mcoll @ 04/28/16 10:30 AM

Sorry for straying off-topic. My technique always needs improvement, but JoeT, since I'm pretty much self-taught, maybe I'm using the term wrong or I'm missing something, but I don't see how you can play legato repeated notes without a third sensor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flat Finger Technique by Miguel Rey @ 04/28/16 10:27 AM

I was told that the finger should be "flatter" with just the natural curve to relieve tension and increase speed. It works.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by Nahum @ 04/28/16 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Polishook The examples Nahum cited–while well meaning and clear but not idiomatic to jazz and not seen in the music of Monk or anyone really– totally missed the point. I don't think so! Avoid or not - it's about the r
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by JoeT @ 04/28/16 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By mcollThe third sensor can make a difference in the sound as well, not just the repeat. It allows you to play legato on repeat notes without using the pedal, You can play same-note legato with two sensors just fine. If you can't,
I had a FC3 connceted to a NP-31 and the continuous pedal worked justed fine. So if it's only working as a switch, something must be broken.
Piano Forum
Hi Andrew - did you ever find out the serial number? I have something similar. Thanks! Michael
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by JoeT @ 04/28/16 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By sullivangOriginally Posted By JoeT And here it has to stop I'm not going buy more Pianoteq "models", nor will I upgrade to Pianoteq 6 when it comes out. I'm in a similar situation, but I see no reason NOT to try V6 wh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you sometimes feel like playing with a big toy? by PhilipInChina @ 04/28/16 09:48 AM

I have heard it said that the only difference between men and boys is the amount they pay for their toys. I have 2 really big toys. 1 is a 9' Bluthner. The other, bigger, one is a 12' 1,250Kg snooker table.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by Hitry Plan @ 04/28/16 09:46 AM

Mic unplugged?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Widmung by bennevis @ 04/28/16 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By Valenciahttps://app.box.com/s/coc397rpdgxk3g7y0uj5db89i7tee53q I think I will have to practice the whole piece with a metronome, though for some reason i find that very tricky with this piece! Yes, practicing with the metronom
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is this G1 really worth? by Rickster @ 04/28/16 09:42 AM

I think sometimes sellers will put and exorbitant price on an item in hopes that someone who doesn't know any better will buy it or at least make an offer in line with the higher price. Chances are, that piano will remain unsold, unless the above s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by Jen Weir @ 04/28/16 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By Inlanding Jen, that is such a fine rendition and a wonderful example of a Ragtime piece - extremely well done, indeed! I always enjoy watching ragtime played - can you make a video? Glen Thanks Glen! Sure, I'll make a video!
It's advertised as having half pedal functionality. Either the keyboard is broken, the pedal is broken, or there is a menu within the keyboard to to turn on/off the half pedaling, which I doubt.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by itsfreakingmeout @ 04/28/16 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftBasically, you just have to do it. Every day. For a very long time. I know it sound stupid but it really works like that. I have been sightreading 15 mins a day for about a year and have seen a dramatic improvement in th
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Morodiene You'll also probably have to trouble-shoot volume issues. If you are hearing an echo of yourself talking, that means the other person's volume is too high, so you have to have them turn down their volume. Which then can
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Upgrade Suggestions $5k budget by Kenan @ 04/28/16 09:24 AM

Since you like the pianos to be more mellow and darker I'd suggest for you to take a look at Brodmann and Pearl River, I'm currently amazed with my current piano.It also has a wonderful tone that will please you.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ 04/28/16 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By jeffreyjonesEven the fugue is less difficult to play than you might expect. It's still an epic test of endurance, focus and flexibility. You're right - the fugue is less difficult than I would have thought. I had assumed that w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is this G1 really worth? by ebonykawai @ 04/28/16 09:03 AM

I totally agree, it was $8000 new. What are people thinking??
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is this G1 really worth? by BrianDX @ 04/28/16 09:00 AM

It is ridiculous. This is a small grand from 1989, G class. Even in great condition I doubt this is even worth half of that. I would listen however to folks who are much better at piano appraisal than I...
That Tim Richards himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXNjMjW3ljU It is on the trail of Tim Richards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hya6UvQMa0 This is closer to the real blues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOQOqtj7fCg https://www.you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by jeffreyjones @ 04/28/16 08:57 AM

I have an old Youtube when I sat down and sight read them. I wasn't totally unfamiliar of course, I'd listened to them for years and read through them before. The piece is quite enjoyable and accessible pianistically, more so than the Goldbergs or th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by Cinnamonbear @ 04/28/16 08:57 AM

Mark, this is certainly good news! What an excellent way to present these! Count me as one who is eager to follow your work and appreciate your musicianship. --Andy
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by indigo_dave @ 04/28/16 08:54 AM

Well stated and explained Mark Polishook. Especially the "avoid" tone as a dissonance. I had a thorough grounding in traditional (classical?) western music theory. Then over a period of many years taught myself to play jazz with a Real Boo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Without wanting to flog a dead horse, there is confusion about what the term "perfect" or "absolute" pitch means. The perfection is the ability to name a note without reference, not to identify a particular frequency to an arbitra
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts I played it worse at home. by TimR @ 04/28/16 08:47 AM

Well, not really. But this question was inspired by a comment on another forum. One of the most common gripes from students on every piano forum I've read is "I played it better at home." There has been some good discussion. I've person
Page 25 of 27 < 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice on used Charles Walter 1500
by maxbet777
04/29/16 10:36 PM
Comparing Kawai CA63 to new sub $1600 pianos
by jamf
04/29/16 10:34 PM
SPORTS (MUSICIANSHIP) PSYCHOLOGY AND SELF EFFICACY
by sam abdel
04/29/16 09:51 PM
knucklehead?
by f4tune81
04/29/16 06:16 PM
Do you teach arpeggios in inversions?
by Piano d'Amore
04/29/16 01:50 PM
Forum Stats
83,459 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,299 Topics
2,519,864 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission