Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
102 registered (Almaviva, A Guy, 36251, Anticlock, Anne'sson, 27 invisible), 964 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help Please... Mazurka?? by chopin_r_us @ 02/26/15 02:13 PM

Jeez, that's hideous. Hopefully I'll be able to forget it!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 Expression pedal by anotherscott @ 02/26/15 02:12 PM

For jazz organ, usually the expression pedal would be used for volume, and a foot switch would be used for rotary toggle (if you didn't want to use a hand for a front panel control). However, on some boards, you can also assign the expression pedal t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Collapse wrist by johan d @ 02/26/15 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By MRCWhen you pulled up the hand this way, did your wrist come up with it, or did the wrist stay dropped? The wrist came up automatically.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Who gets to play in concerts? by bennevis @ 02/26/15 02:07 PM

The bottom line is that the vast majority of people - men especially - have an inflated view of their own talents (and/or accomplishment), and the sense of entitlement that goes with it...... (I'm brilliant at what I do, therefore I should be rich,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Who gets to play in concerts? by wouter79 @ 02/26/15 02:07 PM

>Since the owners of this site hold a copyright on everything posted here, that would probably not be a great move. grin Did I miss something?
Jump to new posts Re: N1 adding external speakers by Saskatuner @ 02/26/15 02:04 PM

First off, yes, I am in Saskatchewan, Moose Jaw, to be precise. Thanks for clarifying Kawai James, The synthetic black material on the key looked like a spongy material that I would change if I purchased a Kawai, still probably would. The front rail
Jump to new posts Re: Specs on paper vs overall sound by WillMedic @ 02/26/15 02:02 PM

The Kawai CS4 has arrived! And overall I am very happy with it. Looks fantastic (extremely piano like!) and I'm sure the polyester polished ebony finish does add a bit of resonance to the sound, as it sounds at its best when played through its own sp
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by bennevis @ 02/26/15 02:02 PM

Everyone who hasn't learnt to read music will just play by ear - on any instrument. It doesn't require teaching - you just do it. And a keyboard instrument is the easiest of all for this. It shouldn't take a complete beginner (aged 1 yr to 100 yr) mo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tiffany Poon plays Beethoven Moonlight Sonata by thalbergmad @ 02/26/15 01:54 PM

I could only cope with listening to the final movement, but it all sort of went in one ear and out the other. Nothing really wrong with it, but nothing really right with it either. Pehaps a bit laboured overall. Thal
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-105 faulty headphone port by PianoWorksATL @ 02/26/15 01:50 PM

Hello CSPiano, We've not experienced that problem with any of the P105's we've sold. You might get more responses from the Digital Piano Forum just next door. You can use "Notify" to ask a moderator to move this thread for you. It proba
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-105 faulty headphone port by Markarian @ 02/26/15 01:47 PM

TRS jacks are literally century-old technology. They suck as a connector and fail all the time, so it's no terribly surprise if you got a bum unit. Send it back to Yamaha for a replacement, though I would gently suggest trying one more pair of headph
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By phantomFive I give it as my opinion that you like the tone of the piano + recording, because I find that quite nice for this song. Song ?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Approaching Jazz Chords by Hidden son of Teddy Wilson @ 02/26/15 01:42 PM

There are two things at play: 1) you have to play an inversion that sounds good rangewise. The 1st inversion for an F chord might sound good but the same inversion for a C chord might be either to low of too high. 2) there's "voice leading&quo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This made me laugh... by Markarian @ 02/26/15 01:40 PM

I just throw 'em under the trapwork. Fake it, 'til you make it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Warning: Explicit Image by Markarian @ 02/26/15 01:39 PM

Ugh, this belongs on the StileProject of pianos.
Jump to new posts Re: Got a Kawai MP11 by Beemer @ 02/26/15 01:34 PM

Did you not learn about the Yamaha Silent (acoustic) piano or the others mentioned here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_piano Ian
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Mazurka Op 50 # 3 by nhpianos @ 02/26/15 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDI do love the sound of the piano and wonder what it would sound like if not mic-ed quite so closely. Regards, Unfortunately the piano is located in an small, acoustically dead room, with very low ceilings, so I always c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a few pesky notes louder than others by Radio.Octave @ 02/26/15 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79What you describe -rotating your head/piano and then a different note is too loud - seems a room problem, not a piano problem. A piano tech will then not fix the issue. >Is it really possible to achieve a totally fla
Pianist Corner
Are you making PR for Kawai or for Tiffany?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Mazurka Op 50 # 3 by nhpianos @ 02/26/15 01:23 PM

Thanks for the link, Andy. I had seen something like it, but with less detail. I also ran across a mention of Rubinstein demonstrating the dance steps for the recording engineers when he was recording the Mazurka (Oh, to have been a fly on the wall!)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha P-105 faulty headphone port by CSPiano @ 02/26/15 01:23 PM

Hi, I just got a new Yamaha P105 digital piano and was really pleased with it but when I went to try my headphones, the sound continued to come out of the speakers with no sound from the headphones. I don't think it's the headphones that are the pro
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new grand, room suggestions? by adamp88 @ 02/26/15 01:23 PM

Congrats on the lovely piano! I'd definitely do something about the window coverings soon, preferably something that will completely block any direct light (I can't tell from the pics if you do get direct light through those windows, but just in cas
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Warning: Explicit Image by SoundThumb @ 02/26/15 01:16 PM

Probably just trying to drain the water after a leak in the roof filled the piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic level sampling for digital pianos by dewster @ 02/26/15 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscottOTOH, aren't some of your favorite DPs the Roland SuperNatural? It's a bit of a Faustian bargain. Originally Posted By anotherscottBut I wonder whether the SN pianos of the 700/800 etc. would or wouldn't be better if
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help Please... Mazurka?? by Jytte @ 02/26/15 12:57 PM

I think you might be right. Whenever I hear it, I'm reminded of Tiroler waltzes.
Page 25 of 32 < 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 31 32 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!!
by pianoman9
02/27/15 08:55 PM
SampleTank for iPad Question
by newbert
02/27/15 07:56 PM
CN23 vs CE220 vs KDP90?
by *blackrose
02/27/15 07:23 PM
Guess when this was written
by chopin_r_us
02/27/15 02:52 PM
Price for Yamaha GC1
by ppuff211
02/27/15 02:29 PM
Forum Stats
78,328 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,891 Topics
2,377,637 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission