Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
137 registered (Alexander Borro, ajames, Almaviva, 36251, 41 invisible), 1524 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Player Piano Tuning by Jon Page @ 12/16/14 07:32 PM

We are assuming that it is a pneumatic player and not electronic. Spinets require more pats to be removed which is about the entire list I gave, big old uprights, just the 'mandolin rail' and the wind motor. Make sure you get the ladder chain back on
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cline upright piano by PhilipInChina @ 12/16/14 07:30 PM

A thread dredged up from 2011.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Questions for pianists (mainly for pros) by pianolearnerstride @ 12/16/14 07:30 PM

How do you decide on new material to add to your repertoire? Do you ever get material from current composers? Do you ever take unsolicited material from current composers and try it out?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by rpw @ 12/16/14 07:25 PM

jeez.. why is this in every forum?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to discourage a cat from jumping on the piano. by PhilipInChina @ 12/16/14 07:23 PM

Get a bulldog.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts How to discourage a cat from jumping on the piano. by personne @ 12/16/14 07:21 PM

A new vertical piano, a few days at home. The cat loves jumping and walking on it. He leaves traces from his paws, and on the new polished surface you can already find tiny scratches. May be not a topic for a piano forum, but someone likely have ani
Jump to new posts Re: Player Piano Tuning by Dan Casdorph @ 12/16/14 07:19 PM

I suggest you not break any strings.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exchange of New York? by PhilipInChina @ 12/16/14 07:18 PM

So let me get this straight in my mind. In 2003, somebody posted that he had been to a store 20 years earlier- i.e. in 1983. Jolly useful information. Joe, do you happen to remember if they had any Estonias in the store? If so what size, prices etc?
Adult Beginners Forum
To unwrap this for a moment... Just to announce that I am the one that has taken over the Pianoclues.com website. So I'll put it on my sig from now on. Thanks to mahlzeit for great work done on this! I'm sure it will serve to be a useful resource fo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't laminated soudboards... by PianoWorksATL @ 12/16/14 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: NorbertWhy would they do that? Rather than speculate as to the acoustic results (which, I think in theory still supports larger modern laminated boards), I point to the the practical limitations in manufacturing and the marketin
Jump to new posts Re: Lady says her piano smells like cat urine. by Jon Page @ 12/16/14 07:13 PM

Contact Dave Schwartz at Corey Products.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Traumerie by Louis Podesta @ 12/16/14 07:09 PM

Magnifique, magnifique! With the exception of a major error (please reference the Schirmer score), in terms of arpeggiating the chord in measure # 22, this is a perfect performance. You are musical beyond belief, and I will send you further informa
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: WithindaleHoola, your arguments @Norbert are entertaining but you might have a look at section 6 of this history of Estonian pianos I find it fascinating that Stalin allowed them to use a nationalist name for their pianos.
Jump to new posts Lady says her piano smells like cat urine. by Dan Casdorph @ 12/16/14 07:07 PM

Got a call from a lady looking for ideas how to get rid of the smell. I did a search on ozone to see if smoke treatment might help but I could not find anything. Anybody have any good ideas?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Writing for piano - articulation - legato - staccato by pianolearnerstride @ 12/16/14 07:04 PM

I had a question... when notes are written without any articulation... is it by default somewhere between legato and staccato? Suppose a pianist today were to say notes without any articulation, how would he/she play it?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: First time digital piano buyer needs help by Kawai James @ 12/16/14 06:58 PM

Covfam73, I believe your wife will be very happy with any of the higher specification Yamaha, Kawai, or Roland instruments that you are considering. While visiting multiple dealers may require a considerable amount of travelling, I believe it is jus
Piano Forum
Hoola, your arguments @Norbert are entertaining but you might have a look at section 6 of this history of Estonian pianos
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting piano technique by dynamobt @ 12/16/14 06:56 PM

I used to spend half my practicing as a kid fooling around like that!! Totally wasted time. But, it got me through the mandatory practice time.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: First time digital piano buyer needs help by Kawai James @ 12/16/14 06:55 PM

Link to AndyJoe's thread: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2354575 Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Another check for the low bass-the 7th harmonic by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 12/16/14 06:49 PM

But if our ears hear it, i.e. the ear drum is moving in and out with a resultant component, then the microphone diaphragm will have the resultant component in it, and that should be picked up in a Fourier transform. I was able to apply a 100 Hz bandp
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tendonitis by iLaw @ 12/16/14 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Byrotte ... But I generally want to practice and I have a genuine fear off taking two steps back and getting worse at the piano! ... Practice happens in your head as much, if not more, than in your hands. Give your hands a br
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting piano technique by LarryShone @ 12/16/14 06:47 PM

Doing a mozart
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the day the piano arrives by Markarian @ 12/16/14 06:46 PM

Sauter is the only brand that has impressed me with their uprights. They are so bold in design and so refined that they always draw my eye whenever I visit the local showroom.
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks so much evamar!
Jump to new posts Re: removing case parts and organizing screws by adamp88 @ 12/16/14 06:33 PM

I like to keep a few scraps of either index card or similar sturdy paper stock in my bag. If it's only a couple screws (like are needed on some spinets or consoles to remove the music desk/top board), I'll just leave them on top of the piano or on t
Page 25 of 32 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31 32 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kenny Barron and Dave Holland
by jjo
12/18/14 10:13 AM
Coming around the backstretch...
by RonTuner
12/18/14 09:11 AM
A new clip of Don Pullen in action
by rintincop
12/17/14 11:03 PM
Learn a Song in 7 minutes: Carol of the Bells
by Hugh Sung
12/17/14 10:11 PM
December 2014 Holiday Piano Bar
by piano_primo_1
12/17/14 06:14 PM
Forum Stats
77340 Members
42 Forums
159949 Topics
2349032 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission