Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
116 registered (Anne'sson, anamnesis, 36251, 38 invisible), 1321 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By trigalg693 However, almost all digital pianos lack an escapement mechanism, which makes it harder to play evenly. fortunately, the kawai ca-97 is not of those digital pianos.. here are the specs from the kawaius.com website..
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Grand Piano Sample in Nord Piano Library by ElmerJFudd @ 07/05/15 11:43 PM

There's a thread on this one already. Other new samples too recently, like a DX and some other stuff, ya? Previous Thread
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by TX-Bluebonnet @ 07/05/15 11:42 PM

1) Over the Rainbow - Alfred's Basic Adult Pop Song Piano Book (level 1) 2) You are my Sunshine - Alfred's Basic Adult Pop Song Piano Book (level 1) 3) Pagoda Tree - Piano Adventures Performance Book (level 2B) 4) The Caravan - Alfred's Basic Recital
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Very confused about grey market Yamahas by Retsacnal @ 07/05/15 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By turandot For most parents, it's not a question of what they can afford, but of ordering the many costly priorities that come with raising kids and tending to them as best they can. +1 A few thousand dollars can pay for a lot
Adult Beginners Forum
Yay me! I finally got all the hesitations out of "Why Am I Blue?" which of course makes it sound so much better. I've started in on "Good People" and already have the notes down, so hopefully I can get it polished within a day or
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for program of "New Age" pieces by ShiroKuro @ 07/05/15 11:32 PM

David, have you ever heard the Hisaishi pieces I mentioned? They're fairly different in nuance or personality from the Ghibli pieces. For those not familiar, Studio Ghibli is the anime company famous for Totoro and Spirited Away, among others. Hisais
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Select Language Button...arrgh! by Retsacnal @ 07/05/15 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By michaelhaRickster - suggest to the webmaster they could add something like this to /forum/styles/common.css #google_translate_element { height:24px; } That way the div/container that holds the language dropdown has a fixed he
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 07/05/15 11:20 PM

When calibrating a fork, it must be taken into consideration that handling and grinding on the fork will heat it up and change its pitch temporarily. A good idea after any such operation would be to place the fork on the plate of a piano for several
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I went to teach at a Chinese piano factory by Grandman @ 07/05/15 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTRetsacnal, I very seldom take pictures, sorry. Markarian, I was very, very relieved to get back home to the pianos I love playing. I find most pianos unattractive until all the elements are properly established.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I went to teach at a Chinese piano factory by Retsacnal @ 07/05/15 11:16 PM

Perhaps you'll be remembered as the W. Edwards Deming of the piano industry!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for program of "New Age" pieces by David Farley @ 07/05/15 11:14 PM

ShiroKuro mentioned Joe Hisaishi. One of the Studio Ghibli sheet music collections, which are available for various levels and prices, might be a good thing to have. I have the Yamaha easy collection. It's easy enough to sight read, but still has so
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 07/05/15 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By erichlofHi Bill and all, A respectful suggestion - how about the examining committee uses their own A440 tuning fork to tune the exam piano, then they hand that same fork over to the person taking the exam, to use just for the f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for program of "New Age" pieces by ShiroKuro @ 07/05/15 11:09 PM

That's a pretty good list Monica! I've only recently started listening to Phillip Wesley, so I don't have any of his scores, but I really like the pieces I've heard so far. And your list reminded me that I want to Berlin Song on my list of pieces to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Very confused about grey market Yamahas by Retsacnal @ 07/05/15 11:08 PM

"Grey Market" just means something's been imported through a channel other than the "official" one. It doesn't necessarily mean the product is inferior. It usually indicates that there's a large enough differential in two marketpl
Jump to new posts Re: Serial # on a 1922 Steinway AR........? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 07/05/15 11:08 PM

All this time, I thought that Europeans liked a very bright tone, Isaac, at one time harshly criticized the warm and soft tone of the pianos that a Madison, Wisconsin colleague of mine had on his website. Now, he seems to have reversed his thinking
Jump to new posts Re: Sold my CA-65 Need Portable Alternative by guguma @ 07/05/15 11:06 PM

Thank You all for the input, I will go to the gallery tomorrow, they have all Kawai digitals there. I had tried the RF 3 action along with GF back when I bought the CA65, I liked both (in fact RF felt a little heavier which I might prefer). If they
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By ArghhhOriginally Posted By trigalg693 The digital has a light action and no escapement mechanism, so it's very hard to play evenly. Depends on the digital. I have an older Yamaha Clavinova that is definitely harder to play th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A different recital by Candywoman @ 07/05/15 11:04 PM

What a delightful performance!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Apres une lecture du Dante by trigalg693 @ 07/05/15 11:04 PM

Don't really know this piece well, but I liked your playing!
Jump to new posts New Grand Piano Sample in Nord Piano Library by PianoZac @ 07/05/15 11:03 PM

And it's a Shigeru Kawai SK7 sample. It sounds terrific. I always hoped they would do a Shigeru Kawai sample. Such diversity in piano samples and now part of owning a Nord Piano/Stage/Electro, you have access to Steinway D samples, Yamaha C7 and S
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I went to teach at a Chinese piano factory by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/05/15 10:59 PM

Retsacnal, I very seldom take pictures, sorry. Markarian, I was very, very relieved to get back home to the pianos I love playing. I find most pianos unattractive until all the elements are properly established. The saving grace of the detail I go i
Page 25 of 25 < 1 2 23 24 25
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Glides and Lubricants
by sonnichs
12 minutes 33 seconds ago
Need Advice on Steinway and Sons Upright Piano
by Gau Bya
Today at 09:25 PM
pin rust
by cordoba
Today at 08:12 PM
Necessary to replace a pinblock simply due to age?
by machineintel
Today at 07:14 PM
Bach's Prelude, BWV 846
by LarryShone
Today at 06:37 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,910 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,370 Topics
2,424,942 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission