Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
156 registered (anamnesis, 36251, albumblatter, accordeur, AlexanderLee, 53 invisible), 1336 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching a Four Year Old by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 12:43 PM

Hi DameMyra, I teach 4-year-olds often. I agree with all of pavanne's suggestions above. I would say further: Reading should wait until the child can read short sentences in English, whenever that happens. 2-hand playing should wait until the child
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Royal conservatory certificates, are they worth the hassle? by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Frankly, you might get more mileage out of *not* having a diploma, Yadie. It makes you look like someone operating at the "street" level, and less of an idealist. Keep on with your pitch, and your idea!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Adding a soundcard for VST playing on my setup? by idfpiano @ Yesterday at 12:34 PM

I have Asio4all installed with 0 in/out compensation and with ~500 samples, force 44.1k OFF, allow pull ON. I use Kontakt with The Grandeur piano. The setup is for playing at home. When it works correctly, sound is awesome. LatencyMon is all green.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Memorizing After Learning Process Or... by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

Whenever you memorize, it's always a good idea to follow the score some of the time when practicing a memorized piece, because invariably there are details (dynamics, articulations, ritards etc.) that get forgotten.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: P.W. at 666 by J Joe Townley @ Yesterday at 12:23 PM

Recently discovered: the correct Biblical translation of that passage in Revelation is "616", not "666". The reason you haven't heard that is because the book publishers are suppressing the info. If it ever got out, they'd have to
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA97: first impression and some problems by lophiomys @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

re Software Quality, (OT) it is most of the times a matter of how much budget a company is willing to spend on a reliable and stable software development team including separate testers. If that is broken or outsourced once, it cost even more to get
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Equal finger pressure on chords by MRC @ Yesterday at 12:18 PM

Place you hand on the keys, in the position of the chord, but don't play it. Make sure that each finger is touching the key it should play, but not pressing it down. Your hand is now in the right position to play the chord. Don't actually play the c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Should I apply for bachelor or master degree? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

^ Correct Bruce, an academic teaching job is something you really would need a degree for. Quote:As an experienced player with a work history but no degree, the only thing I can't do is apply for academic teaching jobs.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Should I apply for bachelor or master degree? by J Joe Townley @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By Morodiene[...]Most people don't care about degrees, they just want to be moved by your music. If you go into education, having the degree can be a slight advantage, but still, having the equivalent expe
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you live and how's business? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

Thanks, YadielOmar. One never knows what's just around the corner . I like this point: Originally Posted By YadielOmar It's a universal trend, an oversatuation of music teacher, either recently graduated pedagogy students or musicians that can't ge
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by deypo @ Yesterday at 12:14 PM

Thanks for the replies, I've seen the privia px-5s I gonna try it. It seems a very good stage piano, a 73 key version would be awesome but I think I could deal with 88 keys with its light weight. I've read bad comments about Korg SV1: note cutting o
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA97: first impression and some problems by Brometeo @ Yesterday at 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By Octaves_UpThanks for your honest impressions! Where in your room is the piano set up? Is the back against a wall? Facing open air? It is sited against a wall, with a separation of 7" more or less. Quote: The muddy/soft s
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA97: first impression and some problems by lolatu @ Yesterday at 12:12 PM

It's very disappointing that Kawai are still releasing instruments with firmware bugs in them, especially ones so obvious that users (like OP) can find them within a day or two of first playing the instrument. Many people haven't a clue what a firmw
Good advice so far. If the actions on the two instruments are the same, then it's the sound/volume that is the problem. Be sure your volume is turned up reasonably loud - definitely more than halfway if not 75% volume. There should be a touch setting
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By albumblatterAll fine choices, but I haven't played Vers la flamme and Prokofiev toccata; I think starting to learn those piece at this point would be dangerous. It would be ridiculous. I think it wo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Themed Recital Discussion Thread by Jytte @ Yesterday at 12:05 PM

Oh thank you Primo. I care very little for Schumann, except for a few pieces, I find his writing about music is great.
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by moleskincrusher @ Yesterday at 12:05 PM

For your needs, deypo, I think if I were still gigging in NYC and had to ride the subway, there is only one quality keyboard I would get: the Roland RD-64. It does weigh 28 lbs, and there are lighter 88-key pianos (Casio, and especially Numa Compac
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you live and how's business? by YadielOmar @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneI am also in South Florida. I moved here from central WI primarily to pursue a career in opera, but I also wanted to continue teaching piano and voice. I have been here now 3 years and I barely have a studio. I will be s
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA DGX-650 vs. YDP-142 Arius by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By rownyGuys, I'm a beginner at best. All I remember is how to read notes and what a metronome is. I'm pretty sure I won't feel the difference, but I still want the best value for the money. So if it's worth the 200 EUR for YDP-162,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ganglion Cyst by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 11:59 AM

I have known pianists who have had these cysts removed with no other complications and little recovery time. BTW, my mother has had a 40 year career as an RN. She has told me that ganglian cysts are basically nerves popping out of where they should
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RP401 or Kawai CN25 ? by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By Ben BouleThe CN25 also has a USB output for recording wav/mp3. I believe the RP401 is an older model. It was the equivalent of the F120. If you like the look, you might consider the F130R instead, that is the newer model in
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you live and how's business? by YadielOmar @ Yesterday at 11:58 AM

Puerto Rican living on the island here lol, and our economy is heading down the crapper in spectacular fashion. It's a universal trend, an oversatuation of music teacher, either recently graduated pedagogy students or musicians that can't get a gig b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teacher recommendation in Salamanca,Spain? by J Joe Townley @ Yesterday at 11:56 AM

Uhh.....Saint-Saens never Wrote a Piano Concerto in d Minor. Are you referring to his No.1 in D major Op.17? If so, that is exciting news indeed. The Saint-Saens No 1 NEVER gets performed even though it is, IMHO on a par with his No 4, the reason
Pianist Corner
In such competitions, the programme of the first round is utterly critical, don’t overlook it! You need to show immediately that you stand out of the crowd, otherwise this is game over. Besides picking up pieces that you really like playing, and be
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by UnrightTooner @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By GadzarJeff, I respect your opinion about tuning sequences. I was only explaining what I mean by "self correcting" and "error compounding". I know very fine tuners who use P4/P5 sequences. I've seen Rick But
Page 25 of 35 < 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Pedal Extender Help
by metcarl
04/01/15 07:03 PM
Yamaha + Roland working together?
by PianoManChuck
04/01/15 06:57 PM
Classical music tweet or Facebook message contest
by pianoloverus
04/01/15 06:12 PM
is the RD 700GX Supernatural Kit still available anywhere?
by AlexanderLee
04/01/15 05:56 PM
First digital piano. Which will be better?
by skoomi
04/01/15 05:38 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,740 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,921 Topics
2,391,315 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission