Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? by Ed A. Hall @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

It depends on a lot of things like pick up and delivery location, how many steps, fuel prices, etc. Best way to find out is to start calling around.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? by Jonathan Alford @ Yesterday at 09:11 AM

I do not think many Piano Movers frequent the forums. Try calling one - the person who delivered my piano 3 years ago from California to Colorado is based in Arizona. He did a great job for me. Greg Gerber from Arizona Piano Movers. If I remember
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 09:09 AM

Moving mine from Philly to Northern Virginia cost $600. Same crew picked it up one day and delivered it the next. Probably the best thing you could do is call a couple piano movers for quotes.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Ganddalf @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

Please check that I got everything right in my last update.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tight pressure bar by A443 @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

Toni Goldener, why do you think there was too much pressure? Because the piano was hard to tune/render? I've never discovered that too much pressure was the problem. It is usually a bridge pin angle/spacing issue. You can test the theory by lowing th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Ganddalf @ Yesterday at 08:58 AM

Updated list Charles Dieupart Suite no.6 - Cinnamonbear F.Couperin Sixieme Ordre - Morodiene J.S.Bach French Suite no.1 - SnugWuls French Suite no.3 - AnneJ French Suite no.4 1RC French Suite no.6 - Dame Myra English Suite No.5 - MarkH Part
Piano Forum
2390 views, and no one has any idea at all??!?
Jump to new posts Re: Tight pressure bar by Bob @ Yesterday at 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Gadzar Emmery, Bob, do you move the screws without releasing the tension on the strings? I raise the pressure bar without reducing string tension. A pitch adjustment is usually required - so it can't be done during a tuning
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does it get easier? by Pianamateur @ Yesterday at 08:40 AM

When I read the title of your post, I was immediately reminded of a cycling quote from (I think) Greg Lemond: "it never gets easier, you just go faster". Quite applicable to piano too! Depending on how you define 'faster', that is...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Your favorite composer I may have never heard of?? by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 08:40 AM

William Grant Still
Jump to new posts Paying to be a vendor by Bob @ Yesterday at 08:39 AM

Large corporations are starting to require vendors pay a fee to register as a vendor and get their business. One place wanted a $100 fee to register as a vendor, and that didn't guarantee they would use me. And my experience tells me that's an ann
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By: SwissMS I have another AOTW - I finally received my ABRSM grade 5 theory exam results: 89/100, a merit! I missed distinction by one point. Still, I am very happy with the results. With that passed, I am now cleared to sit prac
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: My Kawai love conundrum - help! CA65 or ES7? by gbitw @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

I have looked at Yamaha P-155/255, Casio PX350, and Roland (can't recall which model). My primary goals are high quality piano sound, nice action, portable. Speakers are a nice to have; however, I would nix those if it meant a major increase in qua
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: SwissMS I have another AOTW - I finally received my ABRSM grade 5 theory exam results: 89/100, a merit! I missed distinction by one point. Still, I am very happy with the results. With that passed, I am now cleared to sit prac
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend a DP with auto-accompaniment/ensemble by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By: GarfKawai: Seems to have no dealer in my country... May I ask where 'my country' is? Kind regards, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner inspired around here - playing some Bach by kaanguner @ Yesterday at 08:12 AM

Hevesine, eline saglik Tuncay kardes. Most important thing to keep in mind is practicing everyday! And doing it deliberately! I believe every person who does it for one year would be grade 3 at the end of it, minimum.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: earlofmarWell done BrianDX, 300 pieces sure is a lot, (although I am sure they were of a manageable size), but ideal for us beginners. Exposure to as many different pieces of music as possible is very beneficial to future growth
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: For Heavens Sake - Improvisation Scales by KlinkKlonk @ Yesterday at 08:09 AM

The trio take with Jarrett from "The blue note" is worth listening to as well (http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=keith+jarrett+for+heaven's+́s+sake). And so is the Ben Webster version from the 70s something - that might be my
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 08:09 AM

I love the sticker and flower idea! We adults respond to positive feedback, just like kids do! About a year ago my teacher told me that she was going to start being much tougher on me because she thought I was ready for it. I like the push, but I lo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:07 AM

To earlofmar, malkin, lunobilli; This is another reason why I love this forum.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: For Heavens Sake - Improvisation Scales by pbluesman @ Yesterday at 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By: flat13sharp11This is a Jarrett solo version from a Budapest concert in 2007 I was sent a while ago. I transcribed most of it apart from the improvised solo. For Heaven's Sake Hey thanks, I really enjoyed that. Amazing r
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning the 7th octave by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 07:51 AM

That's the octave that separates the tuners from the tooners. Use any set of intervals that helps; anything from octaves to arpeggios, and protect your hearing always! The piano makes a difference. Some are very coherent in the treble, some are mor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does it get easier? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:51 AM

It definitely gets easier. Any skilled activity, like driving a car, or flying a plane - or even playing the piano - is an accumulation of learned skills. So, the more experience you have, the better you do it. Professional concert pianists can pla
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do in this situation? by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 07:47 AM

A store that strung me along for months, and lied to me repeatedly, would not get my business. That kind of behavior is unacceptable, and it should not be rewarded. And yes, on a more practical note, if something is wrong with the instrument after
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by malkin @ Yesterday at 07:47 AM

My teacher insists that I take a sticker every now and then too, for something particularly well done, or lately for overcoming a big problem.
Page 26 of 35 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34 35 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
149 registered (*windowlicker*, AEMontoya, A Guy, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1312 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75984 Members
42 Forums
157149 Topics
2307966 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland RD 800 Dust Cover
by BarryDMD
25 minutes 59 seconds ago
OT - Technical help for recording Silent feature to laptop
by casinitaly
Today at 05:13 PM
College Audition Repertoire for Historical Performance
by Priima
Today at 04:53 PM
theme and variations trivia question
by beet31425
Today at 04:35 PM
1950s Zimmermann
by MaxR
Today at 02:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission