Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz pianists and posture by David Farley @ Yesterday at 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: gynnisBad posture eventually catches up with you, especially if you are inclined to long practice sessions. It's really bad on an organ with pedals where your feet are suspended for long periods of time. Most of the books I've
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Magical moment by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 10:04 AM

@Philip according to some photoshop can do anything..
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 10:02 AM

hi a-z0-9 Comp is short for accompany. So I assume that comp piano is designed to work well with a singer, or perhaps it's a little bit brighter so as to cut through the mix from a band (so the piano sound doesn't get swallowed up by the guitars,
Originally Posted By: rpwDon't know if I'm abusing mine, but playing something staccato makes a heck of a noise. What kind of noise?
Adult Beginners Forum
Grats Peter on the result and EnGee on the digital piano! Which one did you end up getting? Keep us updated with how you find the supplemental books as well.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Magical moment by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 09:46 AM

Most people are probably willing to take my word.http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/images/icons/default/wink.gif If the sun rises in the East, again, tomorrow, and if I can be bothered, and if I can upload the photo, I might oblige. It is the black p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Input on ornamentation... by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes[...] As for the "how", my teacher wants them very strictly executed as per the chart's note values, which certainly makes things straightforward, but when I hear accented mordents and trills in recording
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by UnrightTooner @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: DoelKeesOriginally Posted By: UnrightToonerKees: Just some general comments, because you know what you are doing and what you are talking about. That is, what I am going to mention, I am sure you have already thought about. Yo
Jump to new posts Re: Damp Chaser question. by prout @ Yesterday at 09:42 AM

Probably cupric sulphate. As the water in the pads evaporates, it produces a supersaturated solution of whatever chemicals occur in your water, which then grow into crystals. I am guessing that the PAD treatment solution (electrolyte) used to ensu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by jotur @ Yesterday at 09:39 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, Morodiene. May he rest in peace. Cathy
Jump to new posts Re: Damp Chaser question. by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Ragdoll, It's hard to say what the buildup is, but I doubt that you are growing sapphires! With a D-C system, it is best to use distilled water and one capful of the additive, for each filling, which is produced by Piano Lifesaver Co. That will pr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Input on ornamentation... by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 09:36 AM

As it was done "in their day," the ornaments as indicated on the page were played first time through, then it was up to the person at the keyboard to throw in *even more* ornaments on the repeat. Yes, indeed, it was a show-off thing. If y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Classical Pianists don't want a better piano? by ando @ Yesterday at 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark PolishookOriginally Posted By: wr I also think that if it really is a worthwhile development, various companies will pick up on it. Yamaha, for one example, is not exactly adverse to trying out new things. Why something
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Transitioning from Digital to Acoustic by neuralfirings @ Yesterday at 09:28 AM

I have been playing on a digital piano for a while now. By and large, I've been happy with my progress and sound. A few months back I got a chance to play for some friends on a grand. And yeah, it was... yuck. I felt like I was trying to play pianiss
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Ragdoll @ Yesterday at 09:26 AM

Quote:Soooo which thread is it? If you mean the Gershwin thread it's "Looking for complete Gershwin song book." If it's not what you need, I'll be over on the group W bench.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can't play to my fullest potential without a good grand by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 09:25 AM

A great piano will reward great playing with fabulous sound. A great piano will also reveal all sorts of stuff that needs work (from a pianist), such an uneven articulation, fine control over dynamics, and tone in general. It's really well worth it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it important that th pinblock ... by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

Several manufacturer use a CNC machine to cut both the edge of the pinblock and the flange on the plate that it abuts. This creates a "perfect" fit. I saw it being done when I was at Samick's Indonesian factory and I am told it is not uncom
Jump to new posts Damp Chaser question. by Ragdoll @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

Hi all, I ordered some new pads for my system and have a couple small questions. I removed the knee board (I think it's called) to have a peek and noticed that the buildup on the pads is like a collection of sapphires of brilliant blue. Is this signi
Don't know if I'm abusing mine, but playing something staccato makes a heck of a noise.
Jump to new posts Re: Fascinating Restoration Video by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By: WilliamTruittJim, I am a bit confused by the pecking method you describe as pertains to your jig. I mean I'm avoiding holding the drill and creating the angle by hand and eye, letting the jig do all the guiding. To actually
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Ragdoll @ Yesterday at 09:08 AM

Mark me as excused for Sat. July 19 Cheryl. I was a bit overly zealous during a kayak trip Friday and my arms/shoulders are wrecked even today. I did get back to the bench yesterday although very briefly. Today hasn't happened yet . I sometimes forg
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Nikolaswr: My guess is because dinosaur companies like Yamaha (or old publishers for that matter.. *ahem*) are really slow to take on new developments. But pianos are dinosaurs themselves - there's little point in pretending
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Classical Pianists don't want a better piano? by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: wr I also think that if it really is a worthwhile development, various companies will pick up on it. Yamaha, for one example, is not exactly adverse to trying out new things. Why something like this should be crowd-sourced in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can't play to my fullest potential without a good grand by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 09:02 AM

Players of all levels, from beginner to concert artist, sound better on a good piano vs. a bad one. But this doesn't mean a lousy player will sound good on a good piano. The only sense in which a bad piano might mask one's mistakes is if the tone/tu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A basic timing question... by Ragdoll @ Yesterday at 09:01 AM

Quote:Not bad! Some very quick constructive comments: wrists should be a little higher (there is a concave arc in them, which indicates they're probably too low), fingers should be a little less straight (will help with the wrist), move the hand/ar
Page 26 of 39 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 38 39 >
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
158 registered (36251, acortot, accordeur, 47 invisible), 1937 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75479 Members
42 Forums
156064 Topics
2291671 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Please Help!!
by OliviaWalter
4 minutes 51 seconds ago
Performing Chopin's preludes
by JoelW
13 minutes 12 seconds ago
Stephen Hough - Advice for talented piano students
by fnork
46 minutes 11 seconds ago
Getting started with MIDI: One question.
by 90SITA
57 minutes 44 seconds ago
Remembering what to play
by kipale
Today at 11:33 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission