Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
163 registered (accordeur, anotherscott, 7notemode, Anita Potter, ambrozy, 42 invisible), 1691 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoloverusSince the melody note is held longer than the rest of the chord it should stand out almost automatically. This is a fantastic piece IMO which is just as good, if very different, from the Busoni transcription. I once
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you teach any instruments besides piano? by AZNpiano @ 05/01/15 05:55 PM

There are several voice teachers in my area who also teach piano. In fact, they've told me they can't possibly make it teaching voice alone. One teacher has twice as many piano students as voice students. I also teach other instruments, but I don'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Image upload not working... by BruceD @ 05/01/15 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By gooddog[...] 3 link choices come up. I'm not sure what they are but I suspect they may be image sizes. They are image sizes. Frank's directions say that they are "Thumbnail, Medium and Full" and to use "Medium
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Brahms Chaconne - how to bring out the melody by pianoloverus @ 05/01/15 05:52 PM

Since the melody note is held longer than the rest of the chord it should stand out almost automatically. But this becomes harder if you can't reach the entire chord. IMO this is a fantastic piece which is just as good as, if very different, from t
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Sonata snip by BruceD @ 05/01/15 05:51 PM

Sonata snip
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New or Old Baldwin? by master88er @ 05/01/15 05:50 PM

While I am not trying to contradict anyone, it seems odd that even those manufacturers who do not use Maple or Beech in the rims of their consumer oriented pianos, tout the virtues of their employment of Maple or Beech in their "elite" or &
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Going Independent by AZNpiano @ 05/01/15 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By John v.d.Brook but it's a MAJOR drop in income, no matter how you slice or dice it. That may be true in most cases, but in some cases the reverse is true. I know quite a few private piano teachers in my area who are making six
Pianist Corner
Sometimes when I work on left hand only pieces and the melody is giving me difficulty, I will try these: 1. Play the melody super loud. Really over do the volume. 2. Play the melody with the right hand, the rest with the left to hear what final soun
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purchased Grotrian Concertino upright by master88er @ 05/01/15 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By lokiplayer *** how could my son find out without calling everybody which Bay Area dealer may have a well prepped Grotrian Concertino on his floor for auditioning ? Welcome to the Forum Lokiplayer! My company exclu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to practise to play relaxed by JohnSprung @ 05/01/15 05:29 PM

Here's a new video on this subject from Robert Estrin: http://livingpianos.com/performances/why-you-must-relax-while-playing-a-musical-instrument/ His three points are: 1. Develop enough strength that it's physically easy and you don't have to s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My "new" Bluthner is ready for collection! by DiarmuidD @ 05/01/15 05:26 PM

Joe I've just listened to your recording, apart from your VERY fine playing may I say what an utterly gorgeous sounding Bluthner you have. I'm about to have my piano rebuilt by the the same people as you and your recording has given me a huge amount
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Right first time- then Aaaagh by JohnSprung @ 05/01/15 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By Cher Z.Originally Posted By Piano MathMy experience is to play it very well all week during practice at home....only to totally blunder and massacre it in front of my piano teacher. Go figure. Yes! Yes! Yes! This happens with
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Image upload not working... by gooddog @ 05/01/15 05:25 PM

I was successful when I did this: I went here: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/42/1/Piano_Photo_Gallery_-_Pictures.html and hit "new image". I put something in both the subject and description boxes. I chose "im
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Debussy Feuilles Mortes first chord by Mark_C @ 05/01/15 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By SaltydogmaPlease ignore the last post. I'm very new at this and I don't know how to reply properly. I meant to reply to all three of you and say "Thank you!"..... No worries! There was no problem about how you replied.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How much do you move your bench around? by WhoDwaldi @ 05/01/15 05:21 PM

I sit with my forearms pretty much parallel to the floor. Some famous pianists look too low to me--Gould, Horowitz, Pratt. Some too high--Barenboim, James Levine. It seems to me that prodigies and very talented little kids (and their teachers) can g
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone here have perfect pitch? by Mark_C @ 05/01/15 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By SvennoI don't have perfect pitch, but I can fake it 95% of times, because I know the lowest note I can sing (only goes a bit lower when I have a cold)..... I used to be able to do exactly that. I knew that my lowest note was E. B
Pianist Corner
I'm learning the beautiful Bach Brahms Chaconne for the left hand to work on my left hand technique. I need advice in two areas: 1. I find that bringing out the middle melody in large arpeggiated chords, while playing the other notes delicately, is
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a digital piano by toddy @ 05/01/15 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By kapelliThe 525 is just one of the YDP in a different cabinet, ....... but look and choose between 535 and ROland HP504. But the 525 and the 535 both have the same keyboard: GH3 with ivory surface. (the 535 has simulated escap
Jump to new posts Bach Brahms Chaconne by gooddog @ 05/01/15 05:09 PM

Bach Brahms
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Wessell, Nickel and Gross actions... by DiarmuidD @ 05/01/15 05:07 PM

Hello everyone, I've been away from these forums for many years now (probably no-one remembers and I don't blame you ;)) so much so that I've forgotten my old username and password so I've created a new profile. Well a lot of life has gone by but I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Second Piano recital....so nervous by BrianDX @ 05/01/15 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By WhizbangYou dun goofed, son. Let me explain myself. A longtime player, I struggle with performance anxiety. It started in my teens after a botched recital--at least one that I botched in my mind. (I was probably more upset by o
Jump to new posts Bach Brahms Chaconne by gooddog @ 05/01/15 04:57 PM

Brahms Bach Chaconne excerpt
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Saranoya The mere idea of taking part in recitals (which are mandatory, within our public music school system) used to make me throw up. But in fact, you don't even *have* to look at me. I believe that in bennevis, we have an
Adult Beginners Forum
Choose one for this recital. It's in September: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2406960
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RP400 or F130R by Frédéric L @ 05/01/15 04:44 PM

I have noted something interesting about the RP400 (this also apply to the F130R) : Quote:Connect USB memory to play along with WAV/SMF songs and save performances you’ve captured with the onboard recorder. This mean you can play with an accompan
Page 26 of 27 < 1 2 24 25 26 27 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Studiologic SL88
by JFP
05/03/15 02:12 PM
Dog for sale.
by TwoSnowflakes
05/03/15 11:52 AM
A great way to practice accompanying...
by look_alive
05/03/15 11:29 AM
Is your SSD actually better????
by rnaple
05/03/15 10:51 AM
Disk orchestra collection disks
by Tweedpipe
05/03/15 09:56 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,130 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,734 Topics
2,402,542 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission