Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Octave Sizes by Gene Nelson @ 09/30/14 05:40 PM

I don't know how else to say it: The way I understand you is that you want a one size fits all octave and fill in the notes to get your et. My technique (again) explains that the temperament as it is being constructed includes the octave and the octa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rare Time Signatures by caters @ 09/30/14 05:38 PM

No. 33 from Study for Player Piano by Conlon Nancarrow is a piece of music with a numerator of sqrt 2. Study No. 40 for two non-synchronized pianos by the same composer has e beats of pi Sqrt 2/pi time is basically these 2 combined - e beats per me
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ 09/30/14 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BDBBig hat, no cattle! You have something to say? If so: do it! I asked for clarification, and this is the response you muster. Really?!? Before I will do a video, I must know exactly what it is that people are confused about.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rare Time Signatures by phantomFive @ 09/30/14 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: caters Examples: Sqrt 2/pi Now this has been used but how can you have a note that is equal to 1/pi of a whole note? Even decuplets don't get anywhere close to it. How do you even notate that?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rare Time Signatures by phantomFive @ 09/30/14 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: caters Examples: Sqrt 2/pi Now this has been used but how can you have a note that is equal to 1/pi of a whole note? Even decuplets don't get anywhere close to it. How do you even notate that? As in, what would the score look
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rare Time Signatures by caters @ 09/30/14 05:29 PM

Anything with 4 in the numerator is simple quadruple meter and this includes 4/2, 4/4, 4/8, 4/16, 4/1 etc. Simple Triple: 3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/16, 3/1 etc. Simple Duple: 2/2, 2/4, 2/8, 2/16, 2/1 etc. Simple Quintuple: 5/2^x Simple sextuple(also a for
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I played on a light acoustic keyboard for years, the teachers' keyboards were all heavy sluggish clumsy things. Why concern yourself with such matters? Can there ever be any justification for heavy keyboards on pianos which are expected to have a d
Jump to new posts Re: Action leather types (damper tail, butt) by charliemouse @ 09/30/14 05:25 PM

Thanks very much for reposting that. I think it might be a board limit for new members? the only allowed option was 'using UBBCode'. Certain after a few posts, I definitely now have html option included. Shame I can't delete original.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Marche Funèbre d'une Marionette by BB Player @ 09/30/14 05:24 PM

I think all that can be reasonably said on this thread has been said, and then some, since we're now into trading insults. Thread closed.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Keybed, new felts by charliemouse @ 09/30/14 05:21 PM

keybed, new felts - to reference in posts.
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CN35 by peterws @ 09/30/14 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: bluebillyOriginally Posted By: peterwsYou'll be glad to know the two old ladies will be telling everybody who'll listen (in welsh of course) about their CN34 for many years yet. They'll never worry or even know about an upgrade
Originally Posted By: sullivangOzgur: Good news! I don't know whether you looked closely at the test procedure (in that other post I referred to), but I said to release the key to a point just before the note is damped. If you do that carefully, yo
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Chris Leslie @ 09/30/14 05:13 PM

Mark, my experience with test blows: I prefer to use hammer technique, and mp to mf, to equalise segment tension as much as possible. However, I am not good enough to get it to work all of the time. I like to give a few sharp blows to every note afte
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts soldiers / jacks by charliemouse @ 09/30/14 05:12 PM

soldiers / jacks, to reference in posts.
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by BDB @ 09/30/14 05:10 PM

Big hat, no cattle!
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ 09/30/14 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris LeslieOriginally Posted By: That ToonerCan you make a video please? Yes, I absolutely go along with A443 posing a video of how to tune a +-0.1, 0, +-0.1 unison, and show us how to reproduce it and how to measure it. Get
Jump to new posts Re: Chladni-Why? by Emmery @ 09/30/14 05:00 PM

Laser Doppler vibrometers are expensive to buy but there are a couple companies in N.A. who rent them out for reasonable rates, many university physics labs take advantage of this for short studies.
Jump to new posts Re: Vertegrand pressure bar loosening by Chris Leslie @ 09/30/14 04:54 PM

Thanks Ed. Your advice is the opposite to what I thought. I assumed that decreased pressure bar tension may cause decreased friction and thus hopefully easier rendering. My question was whether this is likely to be the case. You are saying, I thin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Marche Funèbre d'une Marionette by A443 @ 09/30/14 04:52 PM

If I have something to say, I'll post it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by bennevis @ 09/30/14 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: bennevisOnly a few people can make it to International Master level, let alone Grandmaster level in chess. No matter how much they practice....... Why do you think this? Is this another hypothesi
Jump to new posts Re: [FREE VST] Ivy Audio by Simon Dalzell @ 09/30/14 04:44 PM

Hi guys. I've been meaning to drop a word in for a while. I can't say I noticed the laggy samples while testing the library before release, but it's definitely possible that they're there. I'm currently working on another free library, and I'll take
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by phantomFive @ 09/30/14 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOnly a few people can make it to International Master level, let alone Grandmaster level in chess. No matter how much they practice....... Why do you think this? Is this another hypothesis?
Jump to new posts Re: Octave Sizes by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 09/30/14 04:42 PM

Where is the forcing? ET is defined as equally progressing beat speeds, M3 and P4 as well as M6, etc. Different size octaves produce a variation in the proportion of the progression, but they are still evenly progressing. What is your understanding
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 09/30/14 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPT Question #1: Are test blows necessary in tuning? Overwhelming response: Yes I believe they are very helpful but should be avoided if possible. The lean test that I have written about and Isaac Oleg uses, c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Grand Pianos by Steve Jackson @ 09/30/14 04:26 PM

If you like old Bechsteins, be aware that new ones have nothing in common with them. So, forget the name and see if you like it on its own merits. It is strikingly different than the older ones. You could look for ones from the 60's and later too
Page 26 of 31 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai Grand Feel Let-off
by Beemer
1 minute 24 seconds ago
baldwin 2nd hand
by johan d
Today at 09:44 AM
a steinway rebuilt and a mason hamlin rebuilt
by koap
Today at 09:27 AM
Chopin Étude No 12 in C minor, Op 10 'Revolutionary'
by Maximillyan
Today at 09:25 AM
Sustaining vs Dead On Unison
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
Today at 08:48 AM
Who's Online
131 registered (ajames, accordeur, Alexander Borro, aesop, amt976, 39 invisible), 1573 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76399 Members
42 Forums
157948 Topics
2319570 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission