Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
63 registered (AndrewJCW, alwatson, Bachus, augustm, Anthony Johns, BobTB, 19 invisible), 853 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Each hand alone, eyes closed?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My upright is good enough for me by Bob @ 05/26/16 08:44 AM

The high end uprights such as Schimmel are better in touch than a cheap grand piano. Better in tone as well. That's why a high end vertical is a better purchase than a low end grand. I've seen artists use uprights in all states of disrepair and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ 05/26/16 08:43 AM

#30 - Gentle grief (Brendel) http://nhpianos.com/diabelli-variation-30/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Resource on Learning how to play by ear by Rerun @ 05/26/16 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By newbertOriginally Posted By sonhnguyenSorry if this question has been asked before. I did a search but couldn't find much information. Does anyone has any online resource (youtube video, site, blog, etc) that teach how to start p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by Ganddalf @ 05/26/16 08:33 AM

01. wouter79 - Alla Turca, Rondeau from sonata no.11 K331 (1783) Very good performance! This sonata movement is technically difficult and even more challenging when comes to making music out of it. It is obvious to me that you have spent a lot of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sightreading advice!!! by Just Steven @ 05/26/16 08:32 AM

My teach did not use any book for my first two years of lessons. She wrote only one line of melody, at first with only 5 tones limiting it to one position. The left and right hand move in unison, but the left and right hand begin at different times.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By FarmGirl...Here's a pic for you from another struggling soul. Music makes me move this monster across the hotel floor. ... FarmGirl, I just noticed that your keyboard is set up on the ironing board! Clever!!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Boomish @ 05/26/16 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By sirosDo you mean copying a live set to another slot? If I remember correctly, when we save a live set, we are asked where to save it. You can just load the one you want and select to save on another slot. doh! yea copy to anoth
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts My upright is good enough for me by Beemer @ 05/26/16 08:09 AM

I constantly read that a grand piano should be the instrument of choice over an upright. Aspects such as string length, dynamics, repetition, key length, una corda, sostenuto, volume, room placement and appearance are stated as reasons. Additionally
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by Fer De Armas @ 05/26/16 07:45 AM

With all due respect mischeli, if you are a Yamaha fan boy, why you prefer Roland RD800 over Yamaha CP4?... Please share with us your impressions about key actions in MP7, RD800 and CP4. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by Fer De Armas @ 05/26/16 07:34 AM

Thanks!... But i would like to know your feelings!, please share with us your opinions!. Cheers.
Originally Posted By loginTo me Arturia is clearly more interested in expanding their instrument portfolio so their bundle seems like good value. They have abondoned any hope of competing instrument vs instrument as they have been left behind in thei
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Proper Recital Attire? by Charles Cohen @ 05/26/16 07:13 AM

Why not ask the person organizing the recital? He/she should know what other performers have been wearing. My chorus just switched from "concert dress" (tuxedo / formal shirt / formal pants) to "black shirt, no tie, black pants"
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Johnkie @ 05/26/16 07:11 AM

With the pedal rod disconnected and the action in situ, slide you hand down to the damper lift arm and check there is a little movement slack before the dampers start to lift. If there is slack and all the dampers start to lift more or less at the sa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by Charles Cohen @ 05/26/16 07:10 AM

Another vote for "slow down, until you can play it correctly! And then speed up _gradually_." And one more technique: Take two small bowls, and put them on (or next to) the piano. Put 5 beans (for amateurs) or 10 beans (for professional
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by Sandy Fry @ 05/26/16 07:09 AM

I had a similar problem ( trying to play faster than I was capable of doing ) and was give the same advice. Play it so slow that it isn't even recognizable as a tune. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat. Worked for me. David
Jump to new posts Re: Damper Spring Rail? by Johnkie @ 05/26/16 06:52 AM

It's nothing to do with dampers themselves .... it's merely that the hammer return springs are attached to the damper slap rail for convenience.
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Chris Leslie @ 05/26/16 06:45 AM

Good plan. Leave this one alone.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Cheeto717In the Member Recording Forum interest has been sparked for a possible Spanish/Latin America e-cital. Any interest in that? For me to participate in such an e-cital, I'll need some help picking a piece that is doable f
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade piano stand by Beemer @ 05/26/16 06:38 AM

Are you going to fit a music stand? Ian
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for the most realistic DP in market by Fer De Armas @ 05/26/16 06:36 AM

Hi Bachus, in another posts you said that you liked MP7 key action a bit more over the RD800... please could you share your new feelings with us?, and why? Thks... Cheers!.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts new original song Hypnotized by Nikos Driehuis @ 05/26/16 06:19 AM

Hi everybody, what do you think of my newly written piano song? It's called Hypnotized and I intend to use it for my band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRiKeMnB4I&feature=share
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Beemer @ 05/26/16 06:15 AM

Chris, I slackened off the pedal nut to make sure of some clearance between the lever and rod. It was the fact that any hammer movement starting the lifting that made me ask if there was something I was missing. I should have taken some photograph
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by keystring @ 05/26/16 06:07 AM

About copyright, a lawyer once told me that law is all about "reasonableness". I once came up with an idea, as a student, of making multiple copies of a piece I was working on, and on each copy I would mark a different aspect. This was vi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by keystring @ 05/26/16 05:57 AM

Thinking about this: When my child started lessons I took notes in my own shorthand in case my input was needed or wanted - it wasn't so I stopped. He started age 12+ so that's the same age range, but as a beginner. But I'm also thinking that teach
Page 26 of 27 < 1 2 24 25 26 27 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Montage
by Bachus
05/28/16 03:49 AM
Pianist singer or duo required.
by Anthony Johns
05/28/16 03:40 AM
Repeats?
by SiFi
05/28/16 01:05 AM
Zeitter and Winkelmann appraisal
by sol123
05/27/16 10:16 PM
A crazy Kawai cs8 question...
by ADWyatt
05/27/16 10:05 PM
Forum Stats
83,787 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,978 Topics
2,528,461 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission