Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
170 registered (alfredo capurso, anamnesis, Alex Hutor, ahoffmann, Almaviva, accordeur, 43 invisible), 1667 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #4 by Cassia @ Yesterday at 01:46 AM

Can you confirm it's an acoustic piano?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert-Liszt In der Ferne by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:44 AM

Wonderful performance. I think only those with the score will appreciate how difficult this transcription really is. Yet, you play it with apparent ease, a beautiful sense of line and wonderful balance. Thank you so much for posting this! Regard
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By The MonkeysUnfortunately many, if not most, students/teachers are doing exactly this. And 3 months after their recitals the students can hardly play the pieces they "mastered". Adult student here. I definitely resemb
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoman9 This piece shouldn't be practiced with a metronome anyways. I disagree. Working with a metronome especially in the learning stages will help with evenness and ensure the ornaments don't break up the rhythm and pulse.
Pianist Corner
Michael, Thanks for uploading that. It is an incredible performance. Must admit, however, to mixed feelings about Busoni's arrangement. The extended prelude tends to sound, after a while, a bit monotonous on the piano, whereas I have never felt tha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Used Transcribe to Slow Rick Wakeman's intro to "Awaken" by pianoman9 @ Yesterday at 01:31 AM

It's not as easy as you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rpBUD0hjaI What a brilliant pianist/keyboardist/composer he is. I had the luck of seeing him live twice! Great spirits break free from the cookie-cutter world! But there's som
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ecco Fatto Caf� post your first recordings here! by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 01:28 AM

Sweet, Crocus! I'm glad you bumped Ecco Fatto!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By The Monkeys Unfortunately many, if not most, students/teachers are doing exactly this. And 3 months after their recitals the students can hardly play the pieces they "mastered". Ever heard of muscle memory? Those who
Adult Beginners Forum
Really nice, Crocus! That's such a beautiful tune - the arrangement is your own, I take it? Well done. Cathy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ecco Fatto Caf� post your first recordings here! by griffin2417 @ Yesterday at 01:26 AM

Absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ecco Fatto Caf� post your first recordings here! by Crocus @ Yesterday at 01:16 AM

Hi - I'm learning how to play and PW and these forums have been a huge help to me. Have been eyeing this Ecco Fatto Cafe for a while now and decided tonight's the night to post something. Put down a little arrangement of "You'll Never Walk Alo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do YOU count? by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 01:04 AM

I play the piece in my head and follow along, while at the same time listening to my playing and following along the sound coming from my own hands. If they both fit together, I know my timing is right.
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 20 by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 12:53 AM

This do whatever I want approach even though it's not marked in the score makes little sense I think. Wildly different for the sake of being different is not interpretation.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: open-ended questions: weight of 7 footers by ChickGrand @ Yesterday at 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By Silver KeysNo, I didn't really think that my piano would come crashing through my floor... But it does happen, now and again. I was reading recently about Washington Post Editor Ben Bradlee and his wife who bought Jackie Kenned
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by The Monkeys @ Yesterday at 12:42 AM

Very well said Heather, especially this: Originally Posted By hreichgott Piano lessons really shouldn't just be training to learn the hardest solo pieces you possibly can, then performing them in a concert setting. Unfortunately many, if not mos
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: theory vs playing by keystring @ Yesterday at 12:40 AM

Johan d, there is something missing in this thread which is probably quite important and nobody has mentioned it. Since you have a teacher, and this teacher is showing you structures in the music you are playing, have you discussed this with her? D
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 20 by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 12:33 AM

It IS A different approach Michael, I'll give you that. But as far as my aesthetics are concerned, it simply doesn't work... :-/ Sorry...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: kickstarter me by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 12:23 AM

Elaine, Thank you SO much for your post! It's been a long journey, and it's not over yet... There's more to come. I'm very glad that the quality and beauty of this project meets your expectations. I take special pride in what I do, but as always
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By DoelKeesOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By DoelKeesEven the famous inside/outside M3/M6 test is not valid anymore on most small pianos due to IH effects as was discussed here a while ago with you. Can yo
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by BDB @ 03/27/15 11:58 PM

I am not concerned with how you define 2. That is sort of beside the point. I now do not know whether these pairs of octaves are on the same piano, or if one is on one piano and another is on another. In any case, you should have other options rath
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Musicality of a piece by ChopinAddict @ 03/27/15 11:57 PM

I think it is also important to learn to "listen" to the musicality of pieces played by others instead of listening passively.
Lubrication is not the issue.
Pianist Corner
1. Yes 2, Well, sort of - but my coach, Egon Petri, pulled Abram Chasins’ version of the Schwanda Fantasy out of his briefcase, glanced through it, walked on stage in St, Petersburg and played it cold. 3. Yes, it’s my job and I have more deman
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 03/27/15 11:48 PM

I'm confident with the M3/M6 test validity. Sorry I do not remember ever saying it was not valid. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding.
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by Chris Storch @ 03/27/15 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTFThe octaves I recorded were open, meaning six strings. Any unison roll may have tainted some of the octave quality. So in addition to the garbage piano, recorded with a piece of garbage microphone, the unisons
Page 26 of 32 < 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Digital Piano for an adult Beginner.
by Prinz
03/29/15 02:59 PM
"Saloon Piano" Sound in a Modern Recording
by Almaviva
03/29/15 02:35 PM
too funny . . .
by Michael Sayers
03/29/15 12:59 PM
The Kawai CA. Which road do I take?
by ADWyatt
03/29/15 12:30 PM
Latency on SONAR X1 LE
by EddieK
03/29/15 11:50 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,696 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,808 Topics
2,389,845 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission