Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts USB hub recommendations? by dire tonic @ 07/29/14 01:22 PM

Amazon are selling this one in the UK and it does appear to be cheap cheerful and popular. I wondered if anyone has had negative experiences of usb hubs re inadequate power or build quality? grateful for any feedback
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by dire tonic @ 07/29/14 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: NormBI wonder whether "weight" alone is a sufficient measure here. Certainly inertia plays a role and is quite another thing....I suppose friction plays a role also. Clapped up old grands with sloppy bearings tend to b
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts AHDSR by A443 @ 07/29/14 01:10 PM

The piano's sound envelope: AHDSR (attack, hold, decay, sustain, and release).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SSRS by choshi @ 07/29/14 01:05 PM

It is VERY slow going, we're training our minds rather than our fingers. I've discovered that although I'm still going at snail pace with SSRS, my brain is actually becoming sharper with everything non-piano related ! So it must be doing some good
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by Keith D Kerman @ 07/29/14 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Karl WatsonFriends: Rickster's new Baldwin R calls to mind that it's very close in size to the Steinway M. There are those, like Keith K., who believe that this scale is one of Steinway's very best. Others, like myself, have
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving to Intermediate Level by Gisele @ 07/29/14 12:58 PM

That sounds good (especially the contemporary style-she will love that) but then what would you use for finger exercises? Perhaps pieces by Czerny?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: Withindale In an earlier post you felt that voicing can raise or lower the 'energy' of all the partials such that they maintain the same relative intensities. My understanding is that voicing can chang
I spent a lot of time researching unison styles in the US, Japan, and in Europe at the turn of the century. The first thing to understand is that everyone I spoke with, and measured tunings for, all thought they were tuning DOAs--at least, that was h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by alans @ 07/29/14 12:50 PM

I am four pieces away from the end of Piano Adventures Book 3A. I tried the adult books but I really didn't like them so I switched to this series, the one more aimed at children. I find it excellent. I am completely fazed by the popularity of Alfred
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Ragdoll @ 07/29/14 12:46 PM

Hmmm, methinks Cheryl has me on "ignore"
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms by mellifluous @ 07/29/14 12:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! bennevis, while I agree that op. 118 nos. 1 and 2 form a great pair, I would prefer to avoid something so commonly played. I love op. 118 no. 3 though, and somehow I hadn't registered that the middle section could serve a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: mellifluousI found it at last! 8 is the Bourree I from the French Ouverture BWV 831 Good get, and thanks! It was driving me a little nuts too. The French Ouverture (thanks for that spelling) is one of those pieces that I'd
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by Dwscamel @ 07/29/14 12:39 PM

To Morodiene specifically: since you teach, is there a 'minimum weight' you recommend to your students for practicing on digitals? ================================================================= The impression I get from this thread is that whil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SSRS by Ragdoll @ 07/29/14 12:37 PM

Quote:Edited to add: another interesting thing to note is that the goal is to play this way so you're spending only about a second on each note-group (LH and RH). Well, it's taking me at least twice that long right now, so I'm only doing SD#1 and not
Originally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: gynnisI wonder if we should start a new thread on unison tuning. This Viennese vs sustain vs DOA is a whole large issue in itself. Do a search here on Piano World. You will find it has been disc
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by joflah @ 07/29/14 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: NormBI wonder whether "weight" alone is a sufficient measure here. Certainly inertia plays a role and is quite another thing. A semi truck sitting on imaginary frictionless rollers weighs a lot but could be moved event
Pianist Corner
#8 kind sounds like Violin Partita #1 (BWV 1002) Bourree, but it isn't... Edited to add: ha, we cross posted. At least I wasn't wrong in thinking it was Bourree-like and b-minor.
Pianist Corner
I found it at last! 8 is the Bourree I from the French Ouverture BWV 831
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving to Intermediate Level by John v.d.Brook @ 07/29/14 12:19 PM

Gisele, if you're going to use the series for review and polish at her current level before moving on, let me tell you what I generally do with the series. First, about half the pieces, perhaps 2/3rds, were written originally as studies of one type
Originally Posted By: gynnisI wonder if we should start a new thread on unison tuning. This Viennese vs sustain vs DOA is a whole large issue in itself. Do a search here on Piano World. You will find it has been discussed ad nauseum.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by turandot @ 07/29/14 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Rich GalassiniHello, These pianos had a fair amount of inconsistency and flaws that may or may not have been corrected by the store or a piano technician. I say have the piano examined for any original manufacturing issues
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by WilliamTruitt @ 07/29/14 12:07 PM

A443, I have not heard the term "hold" when describing the sound envelope. Could you please define hold, as well as the 3 other components. When you say lighter hammers with "flatter" strike points, surely you don't mean that the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing slow is only part of it by fizikisto @ 07/29/14 12:05 PM

Morodiene I think that's great advice! I'm reminded of that old saying, If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every problem starts to look like a nail. I think it's well worth remembering that what you need to solve a problem in one pie
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: teaching in a studio vs independently from home by laguna_greg @ 07/29/14 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: TimR I had a friend who did this and didn't read the fine print in his contract. Turned out he couldn't quit, he was obligated for a year; and the owner threatened legal action. I can't remember how it ended up but he was very
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC But, unfortunately... I didn't press the "record" button, so it was a "false start" and I've to start all over again. I really hate it when that happens
Page 26 of 32 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 31 32 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
110 registered (AndrewJCW, ando, Abby Pianoman, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1620 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156295 Topics
2295387 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How old is a Ahlborn-Galanti Digital Pipe Organ Chronicler
by Chopinlover49
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
1906 Steinway K52 purchase for recording studio?
by nlive
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Marc-André Hamelin discusses Rachmaninoff
by vers la flan
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
Baldwin E250 1998
by sort
Yesterday at 08:11 PM
Shostakovich and Prokofiev
by Verbum mirabilis
Yesterday at 06:01 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission