Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT: These guys don't edit by ShiroKuro @ 10/28/14 11:05 PM

Yeah, I noitced that. That must have made the whole thing harder!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Tunelab: Recording exam tuning for assessment by topazkey @ 10/28/14 10:54 PM

Re Tunelab: Can anyone explain to me, step-by-step, how exactly you record a tuning for assessment in the exam mode? The downloadable instructions only give a general description of this, there is no point by point description of "[press this bu
Jump to new posts Re: Contact info for Bill Bremmer? by SMHaley @ 10/28/14 10:49 PM

Thanks much.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trills in Chopin Op. 68 No. 2 by beet31425 @ 10/28/14 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: valleYet, from what I've read on the net strongly suggests that Chopin trills should start on the upper note. Most sources that seem trustworthy say this. I think the "start trills on the upper note" is a much weaker
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trills in Chopin Op. 68 No. 2 by Goomer Piles @ 10/28/14 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: valleYet, from what I've read on the net strongly suggests that Chopin trills should start on the upper note. Most sources that seem trustworthy say this. There are some opposing opinions also. That's misleading, and the word '
Jump to new posts Re: Contact info for Bill Bremmer? by kpembrook @ 10/28/14 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyHey gang, does anyone have a personal email contact for Bill Bremmer? I'm not sure his status in relation to this forum and the ability to get a PM but I had some questions for him. For any RPT, you can go to ptg.org an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Construction? by PianoWorksATL @ 10/28/14 10:47 PM

Many older Yamahas are refurbished with an emphasis on cosmetics and servicing original parts, but rarely extensively rebuilt for resale. We've done many moderate rebuilds of Yamahas for customers with their personal pianos as well as numerous large
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT: These guys don't edit by EM Deeka @ 10/28/14 10:45 PM

But apparently they shot it slow and then sped it up in post production. Still very impressive.
Pianist Corner
I also noticed a few that look like Dohnanyi's exercises, I will continue experimenting. I tried the first 20 Hanon exercises a while back and I think they help great with accuracy, but these are on another level to help (as indicated) with strength
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by jotur @ 10/28/14 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: PeytonDon't be impressed!!! MY CAT can play the first notes of Fur Elise!!! I put toast in my toaster and it plays the first notes of Fur Elise!!! My door bell, just an ordinary ding dong door bell is starting to learn the fi
I am left handed, and I've always felt uncomfortable to depress the sustain pedal with my right foot while my left foot is doing nothing! I feel uncomfortable if I use my right foot on the right pedal. Have any of you ever been asked to switch the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano dilemma by Barry1963 @ 10/28/14 10:34 PM

heres one in Liverpool http://www.pianoadoption.com/listings/5832
Jump to new posts Re: Uniphonophobia by Gadzar @ 10/28/14 10:32 PM

Jim, Which notes do you sustain with the sostenuto?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano dilemma by Barry1963 @ 10/28/14 10:31 PM

Sorry to hear Cecil gave up. We can only pray that we ourselves could stick around that many years making music. There is a piano out there looking for a home, I see them free from time to time. Another option would be to use Cecil as a shell for a
Jump to new posts Re: Uniphonophobia by jim ialeggio @ 10/28/14 10:27 PM

I do tune unisons on a grand with the sostenuto, most of the time. My take is that it lets me hear both the decay and attack as a composite sound. As well, tuning unisons with the sustain pedal engaged, forces one to listen past the beats, as heari
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by HalfStep @ 10/28/14 10:25 PM

My Chinese, Baldwin grand sucks (so they say). Bahahaha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trills in Chopin Op. 68 No. 2 by JoelW @ 10/28/14 10:09 PM

Do what sounds better.
Pianist Corner
To follow - or precede - a solemn piece like the Bénédiction, you might want to consider a fun and brilliant piece, like Copland's The Cat and the Mouse, maybe with The Story of our Town as its companion. The two together will take about six minutes.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt's La Leggierezza by hreichgott @ 10/28/14 10:04 PM

If I were you I wouldn't line up notes that aren't supposed to be lined up. The ear gravitates to simultaneous notes and you don't want to get used to hearing yourself playing it that way. It's so hard to learn something with one rhythm and then swit
Jump to new posts Re: Follow up on rebuilt Steinway by chasingrainbows @ 10/28/14 10:04 PM

Hmm pianoloverus, thanks for reminding me of all those issues! Gashes in the unfinished old wood under the piano, a less than stellar paint job, over 20 thunking keys, notes that still sound "twangy", dead notes, and now notes that won't s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fur Elise: The 4 Octaves Jump by Gadzar @ 10/28/14 10:04 PM

Here is the video: See at 4:14
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 Satisfaction by Morodiene @ 10/28/14 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: rknight5Thank you for letting us all know how happy you are and why. I've been waiting 8 weeks for my back ordered unit. I just received the call yesterday that it has shipped. Your thread increases my confidence that I've made
Jump to new posts Re: Follow up on rebuilt Steinway by chasingrainbows @ 10/28/14 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Troy 125Sorry to hear that this piano didn't work out. You were quite fortunate to work with the dealer that you did, it sounds like they really tried to work with you. From the time that you didn't like their payment requirem
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fur Elise: The 4 Octaves Jump by Gadzar @ 10/28/14 09:58 PM

I play it L5-L5-L1-R1-R5 but I just saw a video where they teach L5-L1-L2-R1-R5. Yes L2! I think it's weird. I've been trying and I feel I have more time to change the pedal when playing the lower E, but my left hand gets erratic after the L2. Wha
Pianist Corner
The first book of Liszt exercises looks a lot like Pischna. Totally helpful with finger independence, esp. with fingers 4 and 5 and with gaining greater evenness in 16th notes. I have noticed much greater evenness, clarity, and ease in my playing sin
Page 26 of 37 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 36 37 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sax to piano
by JazzMD
24 minutes 15 seconds ago
Still having problems with my Kawai ES7
by musicman100
44 minutes 9 seconds ago
ABF Recital FAQ and Guidelines
by wimpiano
Today at 10:03 AM
Did Bach’s wife write his finest works?
by CarlosCC
Today at 09:24 AM
Szanto Bach Prelude Fugue A minor
by bkthugs10214
Today at 09:13 AM
Who's Online
148 registered (Alexander Borro, Alan_Dublin, ajames, Alan T., accordeur, 42 invisible), 1579 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76702 Members
42 Forums
158617 Topics
2329507 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission