Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: False beating and unison tuning by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 10/20/14 02:38 PM

For sure, I can't get the unison to have that sucked sound with no sustain on a unison with false beats and/or voicing issues. The single strings I recorded in my experiment were interesting in that some actually had false beats you could "see&
FAQ Thread Suggestions
Jump to new posts Re: Forum problems - Quote and editing by Daniel Richter @ 10/20/14 02:37 PM

I can edit new posts, but not older posts. This means good bye to my project "Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ - Buying Guide for 2014" Admin don't reply
FAQ Thread Suggestions
Jump to new posts Re: Forum problems - Quote and editing by Daniel Richter @ 10/20/14 02:35 PM

I still can't edit any of my posts
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: Arghhh But aside from this, I think it is possible to feel an emotional connection to the "regular" classical music pieces too, as long as the teacher shows the student how to do this. I don't think that's necessari
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by BrianDX @ 10/20/14 02:30 PM

Well I'm excited! I think I have something "in the can" that's ready to go. Hopefully I may be able to record to a reasonable degree one of the more advanced pieces I've been working on. If so, even better.
Jump to new posts Re: Connect virtual piano to a loopstation? by ChickGrand @ 10/20/14 02:30 PM

I think you need to ask this in the other sub-forum titled Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards. Over here we only bicker over firewood and rust.
Piano Forum
Yes I've seen Samick and Reid-sohn around, haven't tried any though, I have seen quite a lot of KG-2s, RX-2s etc around, though one thing you need to watch obviously is if they were used by schools, churches, choirs etc that they haven't been played
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arghhh!!! by Cheeto717 @ 10/20/14 02:20 PM

I know this struggle all too well. In my youth I played almost entirely by ear and focused a lot on technique. I didn't really start reading until I got to college and my world was shaken. I think one of the things that will help, besides all the ot
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: gauguinI sent it to digital@kawaius.com Just a quick update. I heard back from Kawai USA regarding the sound caused by reverb when softly pressing D4 on the ES100. They sent me a kind email telling me they passed the questio
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by wimpiano @ 10/20/14 02:05 PM

Could we please, please, pretty please, move on from the editing and get back to the topic of recital fever?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/20/14 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: PlowboyOriginally Posted By: bennevis I believe that the chance of someone winning the lottery is smaller than the chance of being struck by lightning. I'm living proof of that! I've heard it once put that the chances of win
Piano Forum
# 84877 is described as "Grand piano #1 lemon wood inlays, gilded copper in antique gold style, double legs linked at the bottom" From the other page, a "#1 grand" is 2.12 m long, just under 7 ft. Price was 9000 fr minus a 20% d
Jump to new posts Connect virtual piano to a loopstation? by Fannix-kun @ 10/20/14 01:58 PM

Hey guys :3 I want to ask you if you know how to connect a loopstation to a virtual piano. I guess it's not that hard to connect a midi keyboard that produces a sound by itself to a loopstation but is it possible to loop a virtual piano like the synt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: rare 1875 Steinway concert grand by Rich Galassini @ 10/20/14 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: ando When rebuilding this piano, did you attempt to faithfully stick to the original specs (as much as you could know about them anyway)? Or were some things tweaked and considered improvements to, or even true intentions of, th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Pianniversary by ajames @ 10/20/14 01:54 PM

Congrats Philip! May you have many more
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for alternative repertoire for 8th grader? by The Monkeys @ 10/20/14 01:53 PM

Find a youth band for her to play the keyboard part?
Thank you very much for your replys! I guess I like the warm sound of the American D very much but the bass of the Ravenscroft seems awesome! Another question by the way: Do you guys know if it is possible to connect a loop station to a virtual piano
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by KurtZ @ 10/20/14 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: moy71that buddha statue isn't scratching the surface i hope That figurine is not a buddha. It's a Ho-Tei. A (mainly) japanese deity that represents contentment and happiness. Classical buddhism has no deities or spirits. S
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Anne'sson @ 10/20/14 01:35 PM

As many have commented, Marty was often the first person to welcome s newcomer to the forum. That was true for me. I'll miss his wit and his passion for the piano. I gather from his partner's comments as relayed by Rick that he valued his privacy.
Piano Forum
Here's 84877, (I don't read French either) Looks like the piano was someones Christmas present in 1902
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: bennevis I believe that the chance of someone winning the lottery is smaller than the chance of being struck by lightning. I'm living proof of that!
Jump to new posts Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! by legatoboy @ 10/20/14 01:21 PM

Initially I liked the P105. Of course the FP80 is a classier piano all around. The P105 responds well for Jazz and Traditional/Classical music for the $. But I found the P105 lacking in louder contexts compared to the P95 which I still own. Also the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Maple Leaf Rag -- need some feedback by Erik BerikHerik @ 10/20/14 01:17 PM

Thanks a lot! I am working hard on the Black and White rag at the moment, but play The Maple Leaf rag a lot in between..
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by AJF @ 10/20/14 01:17 PM

Thanks for the info Rich. Marty will be missed here. I loved his sense of humor and wit and wisdom. And he was always one of my favorite sparring partners here over the years. Rest peacefully Marty
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by master88er @ 10/20/14 01:17 PM

Very sad news indeed. May his memory be a blessing to all who knew him.
Page 26 of 29 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
calling all users of Ivory II American D
by dire tonic
10/22/14 08:29 AM
Staying in one position for too long - tension
by DeadPoets
10/22/14 06:07 AM
Cleaning strings
by PhilipInChina
10/22/14 05:10 AM
recording digital piano
by johan d
10/22/14 03:38 AM
Ambitious Jazz beginner
by Ruan
10/22/14 01:10 AM
Who's Online
131 registered (ando, anamnesis, ajames, A Guy, accordeur, 30 invisible), 1434 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158410 Topics
2326325 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission