Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
113 registered (AndrewJCW, ando, 3times2, Alsenkiat, Albunea, 28 invisible), 1078 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Attention to detail and Leschetizky-Schnabel "lineage" by hreichgott @ 07/28/15 12:37 PM

I recently read Leon Fleisher's memoir "My Nine Lives" and found his points about attention to the details in a score very interesting. As he tells it, this is part of the way he learned to teach from Schnabel. Since many of us in the US an
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Quest to Complete Chopin Etudes Op 10 No 10 by ahoffmann @ 07/28/15 12:37 PM

Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for finding customers? by bellspiano @ 07/28/15 12:37 PM

Business permits, income taxes and deductions . . .
Adult Beginners Forum
Andrew. You are right about not practicing with it until comfortable. I use for warm up and to get tempo for piece I am playing.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ivan Moravec RIP by BeeZee4 @ 07/28/15 12:28 PM

A wonderful Chopinist. Listening now to his account of the Preludes from the Connoisseur label remastered from 1965. And his rendition of the "Barcarolle" is just sublime, one of my favorites along with Rubenstein.
Adult Beginners Forum
Maybe not yet much of an achievement... but I decided to take on a fugue (never learned any before neither studied the theory). And after some heavy studying I actually think I got the basic idea of it I've never had such patience before, but I wr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by debussychopin @ 07/28/15 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By casinitalyAgain my AOTW is to not have lost MOYD. It has been unbearably hot for weeks, which sucks the energy right out of me. I have been going through all my scales and arpeggios, and not much else , this past week. I have a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: approach to relearning "old" repertoire? by hreichgott @ 07/28/15 12:10 PM

Pretending it's the first time you've learned it -- both for the reasons folks have said above, and also because you are different now from when you first learned it, familiar with more music, having experienced more of life, and probably apt to noti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: approach to relearning "old" repertoire? by TimV @ 07/28/15 12:09 PM

I have a question about those of you who have gone back to relearn old repertoire. Do you find relearning a piece "takes you back" to who/when you were when you learned it the first time? I recently picked up a piece to relearn that I'd
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin - Nocturne op 9 no 2 by Miruna @ 07/28/15 12:03 PM

Hello Here is my interpretation of Chopin's nocturne - I would appreciate your advice on how to improve it. Thank you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTTTmVM7PZ8
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Ataru074 @ 07/28/15 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By PalmpirateIt's Beethoven's 15th sonata, opus 28, beautiful and elegant, and at first sight , not to much of a challenge. I know I can only do very little practice in the summer - the odd 20 mins - grabbed from the day - and esse
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by zrtf90 @ 07/28/15 12:00 PM

I didn't want to lead to a depression! If you've practised consistently over the last six or seven months you will have made progress and you won't have wasted your time. What you don't have is a measure of that progress and that's something you migh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by pianoloverus @ 07/28/15 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By EntheoOriginally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By sirwormsalotIf you practise on a light piano and have to perform on a hard piano, you will have to adjust oftentimes during the performance, whereas if you practise on a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by SwissMS @ 07/28/15 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By outo You just need more help and maybe a better choice of pieces or at least a more balanced diet with easier pieces as well as long term projects. This is one, you always need to work on easier pie
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by outo @ 07/28/15 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By BrianDXOriginally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By outo I'm really slow too (memorizing and building a reliable muscle memory takes ages and then there's always something to polish). I don't see a problem there really. But
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best Portable Recording Interface For a DP ??? by Charles Cohen @ 07/28/15 11:47 AM

Quote: . . . There may be a case for higher res than that at 96kHz/24-bit which is what I like to use, but the difference probably won't be very noticeable. . . . If you do much editing (e.g. with Audacity) after recording, 96 kHz/24-bit WAV files
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by Entheo @ 07/28/15 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By sirwormsalotIf you practise on a light piano and have to perform on a hard piano, you will have to adjust oftentimes during the performance, whereas if you practise on a heavy piano and have to pe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by Steve Peterson @ 07/28/15 11:44 AM

Just...wow. What a beautiful instrument. Can't want to hear some recordings of it once it is voiced and tuned.
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a digital piano by Morodiene @ 07/28/15 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By cacophonousHi everyone, Although I'm new here, I've been lurking for a while, so I know that there are lots of threads asking the same question. I've read many of them, but it's overwhelming and I'm not sure I've distilled the i
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a digital piano by Charles Cohen @ 07/28/15 11:38 AM

Three notes: 1. You might want to budget for loudspeakers -- several of the DP's on your list don't have any. Even in an apartment, it's nice to hear yourself "out loud" occasionally. 2. The Yamaha CP50, I think, is out of production.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for finding customers? by pianoMom2006 @ 07/28/15 11:36 AM

I would try to network with piano teachers. If you do an excellent job tuning a piano teacher's piano,then when the teacher's students ask for recommendations they will recommend you. We use our piano teacher's tuner for example.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A. Scriabin - Prelude B-major, op. 11 no. 11 by cacophonous @ 07/28/15 11:31 AM

Bravo! I love this piece too, and this was a lovely performance. You brought out the LH very well - maybe a bit too well for my personal preference. The "important" notes in the LH were very well balanced this way, but I think the rest of t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai uprights? (or others??) by Mark_C @ 07/28/15 11:25 AM

Thanks for the replies! I'll recommend that they consider both the K-2 and the Yamaha P-22, if the prices are agreeable. I see that the Yamaha is available also in wood-colors as well as black (looks like the Kawai uprights aren't), and that might b
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Pianos by Morodiene @ 07/28/15 11:11 AM

Originally Posted By peterwsAnd better make sure the keybed is quiet too. They can be darned noisy with headphones on . . . they all make some noise. Especially if you will be playing in the room next to hers or above as the thumping sound will tr
Jump to new posts Choosing a digital piano by cacophonous @ 07/28/15 11:11 AM

Hi everyone, Although I'm new here, I've been lurking for a while, so I know that there are lots of threads asking the same question. I've read many of them, but it's overwhelming and I'm not sure I've distilled the information properly. My situati
Page 26 of 28 < 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio PX-560 User's Guide
by funkycornwall
07/30/15 06:13 AM
Opinion on Korg LP 380
by Meijilol
07/30/15 05:16 AM
Humans Need Not Apply
by Tunewerk
07/30/15 01:28 AM
Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards
by damos3000
07/30/15 01:14 AM
Split-Treble Upright actions
by Adam Schaaf 58265
07/29/15 08:50 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,191 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,848 Topics
2,431,161 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission