Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By: HakkiOriginally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTWhat other accurate methods. Please explain. Chris Storch and Gadzar have already tried to guide you. Look at their posts above. They ar
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One note suddenly out of tune by Robert 45 @ 08/30/14 02:52 PM

Where do string breakages mostly occur? I would think that the string would be inert at a hitch pin termination point and less likely to break there. But I am no technician... Kind regards, Robert.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is finger strength a myth? by phantomFive @ 08/30/14 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Lester BurnhamI feel, personally, it has precisely zero carry over to playing the piano. I still feel that at times I need to work on the fluidity and confidence with certain fingers with certain types of playing - but I'm more
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: HakkiPlay the piece in a steady tempo. Even though you play considerably slower than full tempo, the steadiness will create the illusion of a faster tempo. My teacher, a concert pianist, keeps telling me this!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative. by rnaple @ 08/30/14 02:47 PM

This is Labor Day Weekend. That means that Musicians Friend has 15% off. Combine that with ... P155 broken You can combine what you bought with what you have to end up with a good P155. It will cost you $425
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scarlatti Sonata K380 Emaj -- How Difficult? by ClsscLib @ 08/30/14 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: outoOriginally Posted By: ClsscLib Probably then more like a 7 or 8 on that spreadsheet, which seems closer to the Canadian grading approach. A stretch goal at minimum, but perhaps not incredibly out of reach. Have you played
Jump to new posts Re: My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative. by Lester Burnham @ 08/30/14 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: LynseyOriginally Posted By: fizikistoIf price were my driving concern, I'd probably get a casio priva px150. I think the action is considerably better than what's on the yamaha P105, and it can be had for about the same price.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One note suddenly out of tune by harpon @ 08/30/14 02:43 PM

What harm can a little oil on a string cause at the bottom of it's loop? I'll call you the STRING BREAKERS, and not be ruled by you, thank you!
Jump to new posts Which to choose Yamaha CLP-115 or Roland RP 101 by Johnride @ 08/30/14 02:43 PM

So I can get either of those for roughly 750$. I am an intermediate piano player used to grand pianos, I was studying classical percussions and playing piano on the side on the conservatory's pianos so I got used to that kind of feel. Right now I h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is finger strength a myth? by Lester Burnham @ 08/30/14 02:41 PM

I think there's a couple of things to bear in mind in these "finger strength" discussions. As somebody (to assist with other types of exercise and demands) has spent a fair deal of time, specifically addressing grip and "hand" st
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by BDB @ 08/30/14 02:39 PM

Well, you could use my spreadsheet which I offer freely. The fact remains: Increasing wire diameter increases breaking strength. Increasing wire diameter increases tension proportionally. Therefore, percentage of breaking strength remains the same.
Jump to new posts Re: High pitched sound from Yamaha Clavinova PF P-100 by spanishbuddha @ 08/30/14 02:28 PM

Open it up and take a look, leaky or blown capacitors are easy to see, then fix.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One note suddenly out of tune by tksler @ 08/30/14 02:27 PM

I'm not even a piano tech and it sounded so wrong to use WD40 on a string.. BTW, other than maintaining the environment to ideal humidity and temperature, what else can you do to prevent rust from even getting hold of your piano strings?
Jump to new posts Re: My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative. by Lynsey @ 08/30/14 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: peterwsNot repairable? Here's me thinking Yammies are bulletproof. . . best o' luck man. This is s highly personal choice and not easy to advise on. Maybe you can check out suitable keyboards with the same action you have on
Jump to new posts Re: My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative. by spanishbuddha @ 08/30/14 02:23 PM

I don't think you would be happy with a P105 after a P155. Since price has to be keen here then fizikisto makes a good suggestion. There are other alternatives, one example might be a Kawai ES100. Are you able to get to a store and try different sugg
Jump to new posts Re: My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative. by Lynsey @ 08/30/14 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoIf price were my driving concern, I'd probably get a casio priva px150. I think the action is considerably better than what's on the yamaha P105, and it can be had for about the same price. If I already had a computer,
Jump to new posts Re: My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative. by peterws @ 08/30/14 02:22 PM

Not repairable? Here's me thinking Yammies are bulletproof. . . best o' luck man. This is s highly personal choice and not easy to advise on. Maybe you can check out suitable keyboards with the same action you have on the 155?
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-7? by bjorn of brekkukot @ 08/30/14 02:15 PM

Greetings, I have owned an ES7 since December of 2012. I purchased it from the same dealer in NH as another user on this board, who, frustratingly enough for me, paid significantly less around the same time, even though I bought the floor model (it
Jump to new posts Re: My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative. by fizikisto @ 08/30/14 02:13 PM

If price were my driving concern, I'd probably get a casio priva px150. I think the action is considerably better than what's on the yamaha P105, and it can be had for about the same price. If I already had a computer, I'd also consider spending the
Originally Posted By: Kawai James Please note that neither the ES7 nor the ES100 feature a microphone input. I hope this helps. It did help. I found some stores that look like they might carry an ES100 so I'll call those up and see if they have an
Jump to new posts Re: Some more help needed!! by Garf @ 08/30/14 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: musicman100Yes it looks like it only recognised inverted chords in Full fingered mode. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but do you mean if the ES7 is in Normal ACC mode, and I play a GCE with my left hand, it'll play a G chord with
Adult Beginners Forum
I've played the minuetto in G a while ago but I've never heard that version, it sounds more interesting with those ornaments.
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet setup for ultra portable rig by fizikisto @ 08/30/14 02:04 PM

You can pick up a korg kross 61 key keyboard for around $700 (less if you can find it used, or good condition B-stock). It weighs like 10 lb. and can be powered by batteries. Yeah, it's not going to fit in a backpack, but it's something that woul
Composer's Lounge
Originally Posted By: Steve ChandlerI also like The Lobster best. I also enjoyed the first half of Trio Trouble, but the slower part lost my interest. The invention is a nice piece but it doesn't really go anywhere. Agree. The student did good work
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by bennevis @ 08/30/14 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: chopin_r_usYou are right 1 - connecting with the audience is the number 1 skill. If there's to be chat, I think that's to whom it should be directed. ......as long as it's not on the order of what the great Vladimir de Pachman
Page 27 of 29 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
124 registered (36251, accordeur, AZ_Astro, anotherscott, 40 invisible), 1340 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76031 Members
42 Forums
157205 Topics
2308871 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baldwin Upright
by MaxR
30 minutes 55 seconds ago
Upgrading a Yamaha Silent Series piano
by pianelmo
Today at 07:14 AM
Stuck in method books.
by Chris H.
Today at 06:45 AM
Repeated note legato
by noobpianist90
Today at 02:16 AM
"Y.Becker" # 6839 (pin)
by Maximillyan
Today at 01:54 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission