Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
73 registered (andyvn579, accordeur, AprilE, agraffe, 16 invisible), 1133 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by Jean Claude @ 02/05/16 04:55 AM

I admit to being somewhat conservative in matters of casework and in general I feel that an ebonised piano ought to be black all over, but this is a very pretty case overall. One general observation is that the high gloss finish gives a lot of refl
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by CPShines @ 02/05/16 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By StefanMI am trying to decide whether Celdor is being ironic or not ... Anyway, in reply to toddy, what's the connection between Beethoven and the fact the LX7's speakers are hissing? Trolling much? I re-state that every musician/
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Garf @ 02/05/16 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By RudessJRI've found this problem on Roland rd300nx aswell. They share the same engine, the original Roland SuperNatural one. From what I can see, the one on the HP5xxx series has a slight improvement (Dynamic Harmonic) and the H
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by StefanM @ 02/05/16 04:42 AM

I am trying to decide whether Celdor is being ironic or not ... Anyway, in reply to toddy, what's the connection between Beethoven and the fact the LX7's speakers are hissing? Trolling much? I re-state that every musician/music-lover (and I declare m
Jump to new posts Re: Semi-decent stand for my ES7 by Marko in Boston @ 02/05/16 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By GeorgeStorm I'll try to check the height thing! Omega dimensions (mm)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Alberti Bass by fatar760 @ 02/05/16 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By Turnthepage!Fatar has a medical problem which is causing her problems. It is better understood by reading her post Hand Strength. Yes, I had an accident a few years ago so do have a medical issue. IT's not my gender though, I'm
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easypiano.cz by Jean Claude @ 02/05/16 04:27 AM

I hadn't heard this tune for years but your post made me go and listen to it, what a charming little piece it is. I am surprised to hear that it is sunny in Tunbridge Wells. It is much too close to Belgium to enjoy pleasant weather. I can't tell
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Marko in Boston @ 02/05/16 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By Marko in BostonI don't think Kawai has much too worry about, but it is healthy competition. Especially if they drop the price of the ES100 to $699. OR ES200 comes out with Bluetooth, line outs, and Harmonic Imaging XL Wow, i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by timq @ 02/05/16 04:19 AM

When you play a bass key very loudly, the longitudinal oscillation of the string and the effects of various nonlinear processes in the string and its bearings become a lot more pronounced. These mostly inharmonic oscillations clutter the sound spect
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 string resonance by peterws @ 02/05/16 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By Hendrik42So I checked on my CN35 today and, yes, C# resonates significantly against silently-pressed C. That it does that is documented in the CN35 handbook. Other DP vendors do not document their string resonance like that at al
Jump to new posts Re: Semi-decent stand for my ES7 by GeorgeStorm @ 02/05/16 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By moleskincrusherOriginally Posted By GeorgeStorm I'm in the UK so sadly that limits my options. Monolith is 99 quid from Amazon.co.uk. Yeah that's where I'd seen it, the omegas are in the £80s, hence why it's a little more
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by Dave B @ 02/05/16 04:04 AM

Beautiful craftsmanship! The attention to the lid prop is exceptional - and that may be the most elegant lyre I've ever seen.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by Briguy65 @ 02/05/16 04:04 AM

I must not be very picky, but I have to say I like everything on this piano. There are a couple of elements I don't totally love, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. I could see myself playing it and enjoying it as well, just gotta get a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer upright w/ Silent system by Dave B @ 02/05/16 04:00 AM

Congrats Ann! Isn't it nice to be able to enjoy our mistakes.
Jump to new posts Re: Contact strip - board replacement? by spanishbuddha @ 02/05/16 03:49 AM

After dismantling, servicing, reassembling just about anything, including a DP, and upon testing you find a different or new fault, then you can be pretty sure it's something your action has done. Just disturbing things might expose latent faults, or
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer upright w/ Silent system by ann o @ 02/05/16 03:39 AM

Just wanted to provide an update. After a short but somewhat edifying search, I am now the proud owner of a Bösendorfer 120 (without Silent system). It is such a pleasure to play and gives my frequent mistakes that famous warm, rich European sound
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 string resonance by Garf @ 02/05/16 03:36 AM

I just tried this with Pianoteq 5. If there's resonance between C and C# then it must be very quiet and I can't really hear it. (Same for C and D)
Jump to new posts Re: No sound from Casio PX160 speakers by Beakybird @ 02/05/16 03:36 AM

This is the third time I've heard about this issue. I would contact Casio. Probably a warranty issue.
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by ando @ 02/05/16 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By Just AlanYou are right Ando...the MP7 has way more sounds than the ES8, and some are very usable. It is also a very good controller keyboard. ES8 has the RHIII keybed, which is nice, and has some more counterweights than RHII.
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Celdor @ 02/05/16 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By toddyOriginally Posted By StefanMI have very sensitive ears (as every musician/music lover should), I really do not want to be pedantic, but this statement seems not to hold much water. Beethoven and Evelyn Glennie. Both profou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A human can be as exact as a metronome?. help!! by phantomFive @ 02/05/16 03:04 AM

There is probably just one or two measures where you are getting off. Try to notice where you are going ahead and practice that part.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 string resonance by Hendrik42 @ 02/05/16 02:49 AM

So I checked on my CN35 today and, yes, C# resonates significantly against silently-pressed C. That it does that is documented in the CN35 handbook. Other DP vendors do not document their string resonance like that at all. I'd need to check an acous
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by iLaw @ 02/05/16 02:35 AM

I'm not a big fan of Victorian styling, but I really like the way that desk came out. Larry.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "A Special Relationship" by musicpassion @ 02/05/16 02:34 AM

A worthwhile article - thanks for sharing it.
Originally Posted By loko_gHello from Greece, My daughter has just begun piano lessons, and I want to buy the best "value for money" digital piano. After searching on internet, three models are in my mind at the end; YAMAHA S52, ROLAND F140
Page 27 of 28 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need help! Anyone know about Kawai DS-8B ?
by Winkplay
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
hunidifier system
by andyvn579
Yesterday at 08:37 PM
HELP - GEM RealPiano RP800 - PROBLEM
by PocatelloAVS
Yesterday at 05:10 PM
Speaking of Estonia ...
by BruceD
Yesterday at 02:15 PM
What is the piece starting at 7:18?
by pianoloverus
Yesterday at 01:41 PM
Forum Stats
82,503 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,315 Topics
2,492,927 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission