Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
64 registered (AZNpiano, agent8698, AprilE, agraffe, AngusOg, 12 invisible), 1661 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Hi there, I have been a long time reader, but never posted before. I just saw your question and thought I might be able to help. If you start the altered scale on the second scale degree, the b9 of the dominant chord, then you are simply playing a m
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP-600 series release date? by Falsch @ 01/20/17 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By hughconwayYamahas are known for the brilliance (i.e. clean, crisp, treble heavy) of their voicing across the range of acoustics and this is mirrored in the digitals. Some love this sound others do not. It *was* mirrored in their
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Gombessa @ 01/20/17 09:38 AM

The modeling engine may be the same (or very similar, Roland may have made tweaks to it when they renamed it to the v-piano engine). Also the modelling may be different (just as they constantly tweaked supernatural pianos while keeping the name), the
Thanks, I was reading that thread again to see if something about this was mentioned there. I was unable to find it using the search function.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: drug paraphernalia hidden in piano by Ed Foote @ 01/20/17 09:28 AM

Greetings, I began tuning in recording studios fresh out of North Bennett in 1976. At that time, an older blind tuner in town had done all the studio tunings for years, and had never cleaned an action . After starving for several months, I got
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Falsch @ 01/20/17 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By Dave Ferris I found the FP-90 to play but another electronic production was starting…of course at ear splitting volume level. So I just had a short play the FP-90 in less then ideal conditions compared to the RD2000 -- I liked
Piano Forum
Juat a beginner here, again after 30 years without a piano - though my wife would not stand in the way of a baby grand, our livingroom (and neighbours - especially at this stage lol ) would ^^ We got a fair sized house, but the defined living area
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By rXdWhile I have seen it once in Europe by someone who should know better, in the USA, I sometimes found discolouration on strings near the agraffe and observed piano tuners touching the strings in order to find their way around t
Adult Beginners Forum
xyzzyFL, I'm on those same songs too. I actually don't mind the Hokey Pokey, since I like working on the technical aspect of keeping the LH staccato. The familiar melody makes it easier to concentrate on other things. Space Shuttle Blues is giving
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paralyzed left fingers by rocket88 @ 01/20/17 09:15 AM

You can do it. One strategy: Play the "shell" of the chord with two fingers, the thumb and third finger. (as Morodiene posted above) (Shell = the outside notes of the chord) Also, many people play their chords such as root chords with fi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lacking Emotion by Morodiene @ 01/20/17 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By NotoriSo I just finished another leaaon and... well my confidence took a hit again. I tried my best but was told that what I played lacked musicality. I really just want to give up. I don't know what else to do to improve and whe
Adult Beginners Forum
So it begins! My copy of "Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1", arrived this week. After I had ordered it, I learned about the self teaching version of the book that deletes some theory, but includes addition techniqu
Jump to new posts Re: 6ths, 9ths, Rootless chords by Greener @ 01/20/17 09:09 AM

Suppose I should have finished them, but too late to edit previous post. For diminished 7th use root and 6th. For the 9th, 11th or 13th, use the root and 7th at bottom of stride. You may prefer the 6th (13th) with root in LH for the 13th. Your int
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Goss @ 01/20/17 09:05 AM

At least in the EU, warranty is transferrable - the mandatory 1 or 2 year manufacturer's warranty. Additional free warranty or extra warranty purchased on top is not transferrable - but a seller can cooperate when this warranty is needed of course..
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Totally and Completely Discouraged by Morodiene @ 01/20/17 09:01 AM

Hopefully grburgess comes back on to read all of this encouragement and good advice.
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by JoBert @ 01/20/17 09:00 AM

I would assume that the receipt would be the proof that the piano is indeed only 3 months old, as claimed by the seller.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paralyzed left fingers by chopinoholic @ 01/20/17 09:00 AM

I would say that you need to look at your fingers/hand and practise that so you can use your sight instead of the feeling that you are on the correct keys. Of course I wouldn't know if this would help playing more complex left hand chords and accomp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paralyzed left fingers by Morodiene @ 01/20/17 08:57 AM

You should be able to play at least 2 notes from a chord and that should be enough, sometimes one note is enough as well. Your right hand would have to take over a bit more than just the melody. In most cases, actually, you rarely would play a full
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paralyzed left fingers by dmd @ 01/20/17 08:54 AM

You can make a lot of beautiful music while playing only the bass note (root) of the chord with the left hand while playing the melody in the right hand. As you progress as a player you can also fill in a few chords or chord tones with the right han
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Morodiene @ 01/20/17 08:54 AM

Out of curiosity, why do you require a receipt? Does the Roland warranty transfer to 2nd users or something?
Jump to new posts Re: Blue third by GoldmanT @ 01/20/17 08:52 AM

I played guitar for a long time, and after a while I found it impossible to play a minor 3rd without curling it up a little. From the guitar perspective - I don't think it's a separate note as such, it's more that when playing a minor third, e.g. a
Piano Forum
Hi Goss, thank you for your reply. I read a lot praise for the AG series. I also read some issues, part of them were fixed with new firmwares, I also read. It was in 2012, with firmware v1.01 -> 1.02, and now it's 2017 and they have firmware 1.11
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by armani @ 01/20/17 08:32 AM

Thanks for your support guys Anyone as already open his MP7 i need to see the fuses before bringing it The kawai dealer tell me it could be a solution . not such easy at first sight. Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Goss @ 01/20/17 08:32 AM

FP90 does have midi over BT, sheet turning feature and BT audio - its basically the same machine as HP and LX range. This new RD2000 has two expansion slots to expand its already large onboard sound libraries. Also if you read the rest of this by no
Jump to new posts Re: DPs Exposed! - Kawai MP7 Lot 142 by armani @ 01/20/17 08:29 AM

Hello great pictures Do you remember how the mp7 had been disassemblated ? first the rear side ? which screws ... need to see if the power or fused of mine are out . thanks
Page 27 of 30 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Popularity of Piano World Wide
by john f
01/22/17 01:53 AM
RCM Grade 9 Piano Exam
by piano2002
01/22/17 01:09 AM
RCM Grade 9 Piano Exam
by piano2002
01/21/17 10:23 PM
Yamaha SX series?
by Davdoc
01/21/17 09:38 PM
Is this really what the Ivory II Steinway sounds like...?
by polo1
01/21/17 09:11 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,337 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,932 Topics
2,590,941 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission