Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
I loved a Kawai K-500 I played recently.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
For a practice room application, playing alone most of the time, 20W should be plenty. For home studio, a decent set of nearfield monitors would be the ticket (I use the M-Audio AC40 speakers at my house, though I'd like to get something with a speak
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai pianos - overloading headphones? by Savante @ 08/19/14 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneIt could be that the sensitivity was set too high on the DPs you tried. Did you try adjusting that to a heavier setting? That might just do the trick. I have not experienced that on my MP11, and I'm using cheap headphon
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by phantomFive @ 08/19/14 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesOriginally Posted By: wimpianoOk I agree, but romantic and sexual are two things right? Especially in that era. I meant to say that I suspected the two had had a physical affair, and it seems not to be the case.
Originally Posted By: sullivangOriginally Posted By: Savante What if the problem is in the audio output circuitry that feeds the line outs? That would explain why it is heard through speakers, but not through headphones nor captured by the USB audio
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by wouter79 @ 08/19/14 03:55 PM

For me it's as the points mentioned above: technically pretty complex, clumsy in the hand, overthought and wrought with detail, has very weird ideas and extreme fluctiations of mood, extremely hard/impossible to interpret. Some pieces I have never he
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ 08/19/14 03:54 PM

Ignore notes around the struts--they tend to locally influence the pitch level more dramatically than the rest of the scale. If these are the averages that I discovered: Bass -0.9 Middle -1.6 Melodic 0 Descant +2.0 ....then I would reset the refere
Originally Posted By: Savante What if the problem is in the audio output circuitry that feeds the line outs? That would explain why it is heard through speakers, but not through headphones nor captured by the USB audio recorder, right? Yes it woul
Here's the picture of my 1887 Steinway A - the small ribs can be seen near the case in the centre of the picture. The ribs under the soundboard appear to be of "normal" dimensions and shape. Paul.
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by pinkfloydhomer @ 08/19/14 03:39 PM

I get that. The problem is: How to solve this problem in a consistent way with an ETD? In other words: How do I set offsets or whatever in TuneLab so as to introduce as little instability into the system as possible? I don't mind the piano being a l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by wouter79 @ 08/19/14 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Christianbut I think there's a case to be made that the right hand quarter notes (sustained leading eighth notes) continue to carry the melody with the right hand. Thoughts? Ooops, I now see that the original melody in m9-16
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ 08/19/14 03:34 PM

440Hz at 20C is different than at 25C. <----you must correlate your observations based on this information when assessing overall "tuning stability." It is very possible that your piano tension didn't change at all but instead, for examp
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ 08/19/14 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerIf you're an ETD tuner that tunes a piano very often (every month or more), do you take all this into account or do you just tune for 440 Hz every time? Before I start a tuning, I need to check what the overall con
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinhoven... where's the discussion? by phantomFive @ 08/19/14 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Norbert Quote: that's a v good point about durability. There's no reliable data on this one, be it for intermediate or advanced pianos. While it is easily "assumed" that cheaper brands will automatically need more ser
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble finding good pianos by Louis Podesta @ 08/19/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoOriginally Posted By: Louis PodestaOriginally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoThis is out of curiosity, for the performing pianists out there. Is this an issue for you, where you live? I already heard this was a real
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach pieces by phantomFive @ 08/19/14 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: noobpianist90I'm currently learning this study: Applicatio in C Major Here is Tureck playing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2soE8cEeIzM Here, the 3rd finger
Fair enough - no problem. Greg.
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by pinkfloydhomer @ 08/19/14 03:02 PM

As an amateur/hobbyist tuner tuning my own piano and trying to learn, I guess this is relevant for me as well. I tune my piano quite often, maybe once a month, because I am trying out different techniques, different temperaments, stretches, ETD devi
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai pianos - overloading headphones? by *windowlicker* @ 08/19/14 02:59 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, yep I did have a flick through the settings however I admit I didn't spend long on the touch sensitivity settings. From what I do remember, it didn't completely eliminate the issue I also did a factory reset on the es7 inc
Ethnomusicology applied to "real life." We can all learn to perceive multidimensionality of piano tones. The interactions among the sonic events in the piano wire occur in predictable patterns of relativity (i.e., falseness is not random/in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinhoven... where's the discussion? by Norbert @ 08/19/14 02:53 PM

Quote: that's a v good point about durability. There's no reliable data on this one, be it for intermediate or advanced pianos. While it is easily "assumed" that cheaper brands will automatically need more service, maintainance or replace
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai pianos - overloading headphones? by Morodiene @ 08/19/14 02:51 PM

It could be that the sensitivity was set too high on the DPs you tried. Did you try adjusting that to a heavier setting? That might just do the trick. I have not experienced that on my MP11, and I'm using cheap headphones.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by lekanout @ 08/19/14 02:49 PM

Quote:Anyway the one thing I really like about the RD is how you can adjust the tone character and it dramatically alters the piano sound. What's more you can do this on a note to note basis, very cool! The Rhodes are vastly improved and a lot of fun
Jump to new posts Kawai pianos - overloading headphones? by *windowlicker* @ 08/19/14 02:47 PM

I've just spent the last couple of ours in my local shop trying out the kawai es7 using my trusty headphones AT-m50s I found that with the kawai range (was able to test es7/cn34/es100) when played at maximum force that it sounds like the headphones
Piano Forum
The "Adult Beginners' Forum" is better for this question. Good luck anyway! Robert.
Page 27 of 34 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
85 registered (*windowlicker*, Abby Pianoman, aesop, Allard, 36251, 24 invisible), 1101 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75890 Members
42 Forums
156828 Topics
2304365 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Tuning Database
by Sean Montgomery
57 minutes 25 seconds ago
POSTING PICTURES
by bluebilly
Today at 03:19 AM
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
Today at 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission