Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got my piano by PhilipInChina @ 07/29/14 02:23 PM

This should be a link to the picture of the place as it was this evening. The lights are great but I need to replace the 3 incandescent bulbs with energy efficient ones as it is pretty hot under them. The screwed up piece of black cloth on the carpe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by turandot @ 07/29/14 02:16 PM

Hi again, You got it. OP = original poster or thread starter A thorough inspection normally costs at least $125 in my neck of the woods. I'd advise you to look the piano over and play it before you get into that. No sense having a tech show up at
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Rickster @ 07/29/14 02:13 PM

Hi, and welcome to Piano World! Yes, most regular members refer to the member who initially starts a thread as the "OP" or original poster. As far as the effects of not having a piano tuned regularly or in a long time, the worst thing i
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in A (listen to it) by Skinkken @ 07/29/14 02:07 PM

That soundcloud link doesn't work anymore, could you fix it please? Looks interesting. Edit: seems like soundcloud is just down...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by WilliamTruitt @ 07/29/14 02:06 PM

With respect to your graphic, you still have not offered me a definition of hold or the other terms as you would refer to them - you have only given me their order. Define your terms and then I can clearly understand what you are saying. And now
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by malkin @ 07/29/14 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Barry1963Anyone looking for an oregon/piano ...LOL http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/4575490699.html Oregon still works!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts A pianist joke by PaperClip @ 07/29/14 01:55 PM

So a guy walks into a bar one day and he can't believe his eyes. There, in the corner, there's this one-foot-tall man, in a little tuxedo, playing a tiny grand piano. So the guy asks the bartender, "Where'd he come from?" And the bartender'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got my piano by PhilipInChina @ 07/29/14 01:53 PM

It's my thread! I shall revive it if I want to!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: USB hub recommendations? by dire tonic @ 07/29/14 01:51 PM

Jamie, Andres, thanks both for your advice. I had in fact considered a USB-3 hub (I've 2 such slots) but the 3 devices I need immediate slots for are all USB-2 and the laptop has just one USB 2 port. I'm thinking carefully about the warning on b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SSRS by noobpianist90 @ 07/29/14 01:50 PM

Thank you ShiroKuro, for all the observation and tips. I think I have reached a certain level of comfort with sight reading and also, reading in general. I think I'm going to continue at this level until I feel comfortable to move forward. So I thin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The process of shopping / buying a new piano by malkin @ 07/29/14 01:50 PM

Before you go play pianos you might want to evaluate your budget.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got my piano by malkin @ 07/29/14 01:47 PM

Of course you won't kill a panda, you should just keep one as a pet!
Hi, I have Synthogy Ivory II and I'm not very impressed with the sound. I think it sounds very "harpsichordy", ringy and synthetic. I've tried almost all the presets, and I like none of them. I run it on a Asus X73BY, 4 GB RAM, soundcard no
Piano Teachers Forum
Ask the studio about their benefits package for employees!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Ksi @ 07/29/14 01:41 PM

Yes, it would be incredibly helpful to know what questions to ask - and potentially, what answers would indicate a piano in good condition. I am sure I can figure out most of that, but the more technical things might be difficult. Thank you so much
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Ksi @ 07/29/14 01:38 PM

Um, sorry, what (or who) is an OP? Me, as in "original poster" or something like that?
Jump to new posts Re: USB hub recommendations? by jamie_vt @ 07/29/14 01:38 PM

Personally I would spend a little more and go for a seperately powered hub, unless you know the devices you are going to use work off bus power as over the years I have plenty devices that should have worked on bus power but didn't. It is also future
Jump to new posts Re: USB hub recommendations? by AndresD @ 07/29/14 01:36 PM

if you need any kind of data transfer (external usb drives or similar) is not worth to invest on usb 2.0 these days, look for a 3.0 hub instead
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Ksi @ 07/29/14 01:33 PM

Thank you so much for your replies! I am so gald I found this forum! Yes, you are absolutely right - the owners are downsizing as their children have grown, and we are upsizing (is that a word? :)) because our current house is bursting at the seams
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by A443 @ 07/29/14 01:24 PM

AHDSR (attack, hold, decay, sustain, release) is often discussed in the synthesiser world. In the piano world, we deal with the AHDS primarily in the condition of the hammer [and the design of the board/rim], and the R as the condition of the dampers
Jump to new posts USB hub recommendations? by dire tonic @ 07/29/14 01:22 PM

Amazon are selling this one in the UK and it does appear to be cheap cheerful and popular. I wondered if anyone has had negative experiences of usb hubs re inadequate power or build quality? grateful for any feedback
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by dire tonic @ 07/29/14 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: NormBI wonder whether "weight" alone is a sufficient measure here. Certainly inertia plays a role and is quite another thing....I suppose friction plays a role also. Clapped up old grands with sloppy bearings tend to b
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts AHDSR by A443 @ 07/29/14 01:10 PM

The piano's sound envelope: AHDSR (attack, hold, decay, sustain, and release).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SSRS by choshi @ 07/29/14 01:05 PM

It is VERY slow going, we're training our minds rather than our fingers. I've discovered that although I'm still going at snail pace with SSRS, my brain is actually becoming sharper with everything non-piano related ! So it must be doing some good
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by Keith D Kerman @ 07/29/14 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Karl WatsonFriends: Rickster's new Baldwin R calls to mind that it's very close in size to the Steinway M. There are those, like Keith K., who believe that this scale is one of Steinway's very best. Others, like myself, have
Page 27 of 33 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 32 33 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
71 registered (Atrys, Baudelaire, angga888, 18 invisible), 1257 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156298 Topics
2295435 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tight Key ??
by moy71
07/31/14 01:15 AM
Learning progress
by sunnyday
07/31/14 01:10 AM
How old is a Ahlborn-Galanti Digital Pipe Organ Chronicler
by Chopinlover49
07/30/14 10:55 PM
1906 Steinway K52 purchase for recording studio?
by nlive
07/30/14 10:44 PM
Marc-André Hamelin discusses Rachmaninoff
by vers la flan
07/30/14 09:59 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission