Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I do not really understand how someone can "decide" he do not hear correctly, or precisely enough, to tune by ear. It remind me of the times where I was "afraid" of the piano, the wire, , tuning pins, etc. That may be enough to
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Techs! Advice for DIY'ers... by Withindale @ 10/19/14 05:10 PM

Leaving aside the richness of the English language being due in no small measure to French, and the superiority of French and Italian cheese to Anglo Saxon grey matter, I must say I would not have got so far with my uneconomic-to-rebuild but not-so-h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Michael Sayers @ 10/19/14 05:09 PM

I offer my sincere condolences to Marty's family, friends and others, as they work through any pain due to this loss. In the short span of time I read Marty's posts here was an enjoyable and humane contributor. He also was someone I would have enjo
Jump to new posts Re: Original Manufacturer Specs and Stencil Pianos by chernobieff @ 10/19/14 05:09 PM

Looked this up in Dolge. Paraphrasing: Stenciling began in 1870 innocently by Joseph Hale to offer his customers pianos at different prices. But it grew into a fraudulent practice by dealers and manufacturers working together, to use names that were
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by sophial @ 10/19/14 05:09 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. It hardly seems possible as he was such a presence here for a long time. I'll miss him. RIP, Marty, and flights of angels sing you to your rest. Sophia
Adult Beginners Forum
It is much more simple then I might be conveying in my first post. Its the same as a regular beat, but where it is divded by halfes, a triplet note is divided into thirds of a whole beat. I really need the metronome to be consistent and get the rhyt
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Techs! Advice for DIY'ers... by Chris Leslie @ 10/19/14 05:02 PM

Thank you cas for taking control. Your intervention is much appreciated. There has been respected technicians who have publicly admitted to turning away from this forum because of the childish and bigoted attitudes. And, there does not appear to be m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can Classical Study and "Chord Playing" Co-exist? by Emissary52 @ 10/19/14 04:53 PM

bennivis - Fortunately for me, my sister's next purchase was a book of guitar chords and a nice diagram of the Circle of Fifths which proved to be invaluable in figuring things out. Bob Dylan's nasal baritenor voice worked well for him in the key of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First pianolesson in thirty years by earlofmar @ 10/19/14 04:53 PM

the first lesson is also very exciting so enjoy and good luck
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Steve Cohen @ 10/19/14 04:52 PM

So sorry....
Jump to new posts Re: Original Manufacturer Specs and Stencil Pianos by chernobieff @ 10/19/14 04:49 PM

SMHaley, Could you explain your stencil definition in more detail? What do you mean changing design parameters?
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Techs! Advice for DIY'ers... by casinitaly @ 10/19/14 04:47 PM

Sometimes it is hard to understand when people are joking and not when all we have to go on is what they type. Sometimes people just can't see the humour, and they take offense where none was intended. I think trying to keep things light is a good
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital to replace a Boston GP with? by bnolsen @ 10/19/14 04:45 PM

its not a bad idea to check out a ca65 or ca95 to see if that would work. no offence but the kawai gf action is much closer to a steinway action than anything currently offers. sound wise the roland is more competitve but not for action.
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with easy presets by torhu @ 10/19/14 04:44 PM

You could download the manuals, all the DPs you mentioned have manuals available as PDF files.
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Techs! Advice for DIY'ers... by Olek @ 10/19/14 04:41 PM

I was joking , in my "insults too" ! BTW it was not insults, I just notice that, for someone that pretend to 30 years of engineering, his understanding of piano actions regulations was one of the worst I have seen on that forum. This is n
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: DamonI agree with you Chopinlives. I do, too. I can't think where I'd be, culturally and emotionally, had I not been exposed to music in junior high and throughout high school, all the more so since there was no music intere
ind a guitar center. the closest one to me has the casio px150 350 750 and 850 and also some yamahas and roland rd300 700 800s in stock as well. hopefully your kawaii dealer will have casios on hand so you can try to use casio as your baseline
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital to replace a Boston GP with? by Pete14 @ 10/19/14 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: SaranoyaOriginally Posted By: Morodiene Have you considered a silent piano option for your grand? It's really a shame to have a permanent solution (selling) for a temporary problem (moving), when the silent option can be added o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by dynamobt @ 10/19/14 04:35 PM

Sorry to hear this. My sympathy to his friends and family. He will most certainly be missed here on Piano World.
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by ColinDS @ 10/19/14 04:33 PM

Thank you. Done.
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe & Theatre
Jump to new posts Question on Kawai CA65 functions by ColinDS @ 10/19/14 04:30 PM

Regarding the Kawai CA65, what do these functions do? Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On/Off, Layer Octave Shift, I'm looking for a function that would be a Bass Coupler, meaning that when the organist is playing a simple 4-part hymn the bass voice
Thank you Mr. Behm!! HW
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: WinSchutten I am assuming everyone knows what I am talking about ... I'm not sure that I do, but I think you are talking about 2 beat triplets. Ie. playing 3 notes evenly in the space of two beats. If so, I have copied below
Pianist Corner
I agree with you Chopinlives.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: ChopinLives81Guys in all honesty, I have to really push the point that the younger generation and people in general are simply NOT EXPOSED to classical music. I can also say the the appeal of large orchestral works is not for
Page 27 of 29 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum
by chernobieff
10/21/14 02:44 PM
Heroic Polonaise help please...
by ChopinLives81
10/21/14 02:28 PM
Maurizio Pollini at Carnegie Hall
by Works1
10/21/14 12:53 PM
Steinway event
by Radio.Octave
10/21/14 11:18 AM
Some Questions About "Piano Magic"
by newbert
10/21/14 10:58 AM
Who's Online
138 registered (ajames, accordeur, anamnesis, 34 invisible), 1736 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158400 Topics
2326067 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission