Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering what to play by outo @ Yesterday at 06:20 AM

I only work on memorizing chunks after I have worked through the whole piece. I don't seem to be able to memorize anything before I have an idea of the finished product in my mind. This also helps in preventing learning the chuncks in a way that will
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie Needs Help by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 06:14 AM

I have been learning for 20 months now and bought a Yamaha P105 at the start. I have since tried more expensive DP's and none of them thrill me. While the piano was cheap I did get a little bored of the on board sound and upgraded into VST software a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Famous mistakes by concert pianists by Mken @ Yesterday at 06:13 AM

Even Vika makes mistakes, she made a fairly big one playing some pop songs when she went to Iceland, and a couple playing live in Germany. But she just carries on like nothing happened. I'd note though that anything you see on youtube will probabl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just Tried Brand New Mason and Hamlins.... by Piano Practice @ Yesterday at 06:03 AM

Yesterday, I played several styles of music...a little bit of Bach (a C major prelude) with trills in left hand. Very responsive with the WN&G action. In scope of the "big picture", in what you are considering, be careful to have the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with MIDI: One question. by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 06:03 AM

Originally Posted By: 90SITADo you know how to set the keyboard's speakers as output? So that I can hear the sound of the plugin directly from the keyboard and not with headphones plugged into the laptop? Connect the line output from your laptop int
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Famous mistakes by concert pianists by fnork @ Yesterday at 06:02 AM

Originally Posted By: BrendanTee hee hee: http://brendankinsella.com/httpdocs/hall_of_shame.html Duuuuuude! I think you've got some updating to do
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts How To Improve? by Xagan @ Yesterday at 05:59 AM

Hi everyone, I'm Josh, I'm 22, and I'm from London, UK. I've been playing piano since I was about 8, but I stopped having lessons after grade 2. I've had the odd spurts of piano lessons here and there throughout the last few years, so you can probab
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 25 Vintage Steinways by joe80 @ Yesterday at 05:53 AM

The question is how much does rebuilding cost in the USA and what would the piano sell for in the end? Here, you can expect to pay 10000 pounds for a clapped out Steinway in need of everything, and perhaps a little less for an 85 note model.
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with MIDI: One question. by 90SITA @ Yesterday at 05:35 AM

Hi, Do you know how to set the keyboard's speakers as output? So that I can hear the sound of the plugin directly from the keyboard and not with headphones plugged into the laptop? Because that seems to be my only problem, infact I managed to instal
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: gynnisI'm sure glad harpsichords don't have this problem since every string is terminated separately. Of course harpsichords break strings if you look at them funny. Is not it mostly if you lower their tension? (plus age, i
Adult Beginners Forum
www.musictheory.net is a nice free website with some good music theory stuff on it. I use it a bit to practice reading the bass cleff. Glad my videos can help karmanathan. If you type the song name and "Alfred's" into youtube it'll usually
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: VidI'm trying to record the Rachmaninoff. I wish I could splice sections together! It wouldn't be as good as it will be hearing it done straight through, 'mistakes' and all! A continuous performanc
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer electric piano sound by ColoRodney @ Yesterday at 05:23 AM

The Korg SV1 is highly regarded for its Rhodes and Wurlitzer samples, and I found it a joy to play. Plus, it looks cool and retro, and has an actual tube amp built right in for very nice amp simulation.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P255 by ColoRodney @ Yesterday at 05:15 AM

I tried this side by side with the Kawai ES7 at a local store. The Yamaha was quite usable, but I preferred the sound and touch of the Kawai (which has better speakers but is admittedly heavier and more expensive). I think both are worthy of consider
Jump to new posts Re: In need for that screaming, dirty, funky, rhodes sound by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:13 AM

'Dirty distortion' in the suitcase folder sounds very close to me, especially in the middle zone. It could perhaps penetrate more in the upper register but I suspect it might be possible to do a mod in Kontakt to help with that. You could even spli
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering what to play by kipale @ Yesterday at 05:08 AM

Quote:One way that I've found to be better is to do overlapping chunks 1-8, then 5-14 then 11-19, etc.. That sounds like something I should definitely try. It's true that parsing together the chunks after learning them can be much harder than doing
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:06 AM

I like the lightning fast load times using SSD. Many of the sample libraries will work fine using a conventional HDD but some are borderline, notably when layering perspectives in some of those libraries which have them, so a modern SSD is the best
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: C.Bechstein vs. Bechstein by carpa @ Yesterday at 04:33 AM

I chime in just to express my opinion about all the "+or- C." Bechstein matter. To me the there are two points to deal with in the discussion. 1) Are the "new" plain Bechstein's much different in quality than C. Bechs? This is c
Pianoteq E-Pianos are my favourite. They are so versatile with a very wide range of possibilities.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me some Shostakovich by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 04:30 AM

Shostakovich also published a Children's Notebook. Maybe it's worth checking out, especially if I need to keep my Shosty efforts as a total side dish right now until I have space on my dance card for a more meaty piece. Some of them are really nif
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me some Shostakovich by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 04:27 AM

I like the D Minor Prelude/Fugue, especially the last 2 pages. If you want some easier music of his, this is an excellent set, which includes some excellent transcriptions of his film music: http://www.amazon.com/Easier-Works-Collection-Schirmers-C
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by joflah @ Yesterday at 04:26 AM

I use an SSD because it's utterly silent. With a fanless power supply, and a low speed CPU fan, the computer adds no audible background noise to the piano. Though the piano operates fine with an ordinary hard drive, an SSD's speed may help with loadi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Input on ornamentation... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: CinnamonbearTS--I was hoping (and still am) that someone with actual knowledge and authority would reply to your questions. Hence, I am bumping this thread to wave the "help" flag. In the meantime, and so this bump h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Input on ornamentation... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: CinnamonbearOriginally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes[...] As for the "how", my teacher wants them very strictly executed as per the chart's note values, which certainly makes things straightforward, but when I hear accente
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Input on ornamentation... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: gynnisI usually play Bach on my harpsichord, since I find the piano sound too heavy. Also remember the ornaments, fingering, tuning system, and agogic accent are designed to give emphasis on an instrument that has no expression
Page 27 of 41 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 40 41 >
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
154 registered (A Guy, Alex-SapRenovation, accordeur, ajames, 44 invisible), 1736 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75515 Members
42 Forums
156158 Topics
2293225 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
[AMAZING PIANO COMP.] Anyone able to transcribe it from ear?
by Weakky
3 minutes 59 seconds ago
[AMAZING PIANO COMP.] Anyone able to transcribe it from ear?
by Weakky
12 minutes 17 seconds ago
Best Keyboard/Piano 600 light up keys
by barabusm
23 minutes 53 seconds ago
July Concert Program - Performance Thread
by hreichgott
25 minutes 4 seconds ago
Recommend me a setup for jamming at home
by Gretel
25 minutes 59 seconds ago
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission