Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
98 registered (Anita Potter, AnimistFvR, Abby Pianoman, acoxcae, AndyP, 34 invisible), 1580 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whip those springs into shape by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/26/14 11:46 PM

I make no special effort to pin rep levers tight. I do have to pre-bend the rep lever springs weaker when I replace whippens because I do use very light hammers and the factory settings are too strong by a mile. I get PPP checking with nearly 100%
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New piano student by IWG. @ 11/26/14 11:35 PM

The thing is, i do feel that i need it. The PX150 IMO is good enough for a hobby but not good enough to express the piano pieces. But i do like the functions of a digital piano ( ie. able to adjust volume, silent, able to practice anytime, no need fo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Grotrian 6'3" v. Steinway B by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/26/14 11:32 PM

If they still crowd the bridge pins and use the larger sizes-there is always extra risk for splitting. Even with the horizontal laminations. Experience has taught me not to lay out the pins so they crowd each other. Many pianos are less than ideal he
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by outo @ 11/26/14 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: CarlosCCNot much of a Scarlati fan, I'm a little shocked...and you even come from Lisbon? But thanks anyway!
Jump to new posts Re: New piano student by IWG. @ 11/26/14 11:29 PM

I've never learn piano and just started official lessons but i am going for grade 5 grading next year. The teacher said that on a digital piano the dynamics aren't good enough and at least a upright would be perfered if i was to continue after grade
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Technique for holding down chords by DeadPoets @ 11/26/14 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: DeruluxOriginally Posted By: DeadPoetsI'm playing a Dm7 chord and she's trying to get me to feel the "necessary/good" tension in the structure of my finger bones and nowhere else (in my case it's clearly still in my fo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Technique for holding down chords by DeadPoets @ 11/26/14 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: joe80What Heather said. Excellent advice. I would advise another thing though: Work very patiently with your teacher. Sometimes we get caught up in our piano practice with playing the right notes, etc etc, and all of that stu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Grotrian 6'3" v. Steinway B by Norbert @ 11/26/14 11:24 PM

Quote:I will admit I have only serviced about 15 Grotrian grands in my career. However my observation regarding splitting bridges at the agraffe to capo scale break is based on witnessing several Grotrians with the problem. Were these pianos made i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Grotrian 6'3" v. Steinway B by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/26/14 11:21 PM

Glenn, I am assuming your comment about no American technician has enough experience with Grotrians to make blanket statements is directed at me. I will admit I have only serviced about 15 Grotrian grands in my career. However my observation regard
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by DeadPoets @ 11/26/14 11:20 PM

Awesome story.
Jump to new posts Yamaha Avantgrand N1 manufacturing date by farain @ 11/26/14 11:12 PM

I'm planning to purchase a Avantgrand N1 this week. Unfortunately, N1 is discontinued in Korea, I have to get it from Japan. My Yamaha dealer will take care of shipping, but I'm afraid of manufacturing date of N1. Are there any possibilities to g
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by Kawai James @ 11/26/14 11:09 PM

Andy, Originally Posted By: AndyJoeWhat are they doing about this because they surely must be aware of the problem? I'm sure any reasonable person would accept it is incumbent on them to provide a fix. We are aware that a handful of customers repor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really possible to ignore fingerings? by BruceD @ 11/26/14 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottLearning to ignore fingerings is not a useful skill. Modifying a fingering with pencil to match your needs is. If you learn to ignore fingerings you're likely to ignore the useful ones (or even your own written fingeri
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: my struggle to learn pop piano by Oongawa @ 11/26/14 10:48 PM

Thanks for the tips! I read music well, so trying to do something without sheet music is difficult. I'll try some of the suggestions here. My reacher is working with me on this, too. She was a little reluctant since she much prefers teaching class
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Technique for holding down chords by Derulux @ 11/26/14 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: DeadPoetsI'm playing a Dm7 chord and she's trying to get me to feel the "necessary/good" tension in the structure of my finger bones and nowhere else (in my case it's clearly still in my forearms as I hold the notes an
Jump to new posts Re: Going from ETD to aural - only octaves, only bass by Cinnamonbear @ 11/26/14 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomer[...] 1) How do I tune the bass aurally? What tests do I use? I've tried just tuning from wide to what I like. I've also tried doing 6:3 tests. What are some other ways or tests? Should I test fifths? octaves? octa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pain at the shinbone/tibia by hreichgott @ 11/26/14 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Johan Bmusic and pain is bad combination.... yes indeed!! (unless we are pouring our pain into our music...) hope you are pain-free soon.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you play for? by Oongawa @ 11/26/14 10:32 PM

I returned to the piano after many years because it was a way to be creative without making "stuff" that has to be stored somewhere. I always enjoyed crafts, amd I am good at that stuff, but tired of all the paraphernalia around the house.
Jump to new posts Re: Whip those springs into shape by jim ialeggio @ 11/26/14 10:30 PM

Dale, My experience with wood parts regarding rep pinning, in particular, matches yours. Re-pinning, at least Tokiwa rep levers is an absolute waste of time. Not because its not a good idea, but because, as you say, in no time the rep lever frictio
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you play the piano 'for relaxation'? by hreichgott @ 11/26/14 10:27 PM

I've never been asked that.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really possible to ignore fingerings? by hreichgott @ 11/26/14 10:22 PM

Learning to ignore fingerings is not a useful skill. Modifying a fingering with pencil to match your needs is. If you learn to ignore fingerings you're likely to ignore the useful ones (or even your own written fingerings) as well.
French Gitane Super Corsa 1971 Italian Colnago 1973- wrapped around the front of a Chevy 1978 American Schwinn Paramount Track bike 1975 American Exxon Graftek 1978-1980 "Italian" Masi built in California 1980 All equipped with Nouvo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by hreichgott @ 11/26/14 10:19 PM

Oh never mind. The device I was using to read it at first only showed the first 2 paragraphs of the post. It doesn't have scroll on the quote boxes.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wanted to say hi by Charles Cohen @ 11/26/14 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: patty5sewing . . . It was a little stiff but I could finger somewhat. I play/practice maybe 20 minutes at a time now. I have worked up to some hymns out of the hymn book and some pop songs that's on the easier side. The playing
Piano Forum
I'm not suggesting that pianists are getting instruments for free. I don't know the details of their artist agreements. I do know that there have been situations where Steinways have been provided for shows in such a way that it has been made very ec
Page 29 of 29 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29
What's Hot!!

Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway rebuild question
by schlaigs
11/28/14 10:00 PM
Baldwin Hamilton Hammer Butt and Back Stop Leather
by Ryan Hassell
11/28/14 09:55 PM
Please help me to find out the pattern of this Cdim7
by SZ54
11/28/14 08:12 PM
3 sensors per key vs 4?
by AnimistFvR
11/28/14 07:55 PM
Request For The Pursuit Of Knowledge
by Louis Podesta
11/28/14 07:09 PM
Forum Stats
77083 Members
42 Forums
159433 Topics
2341994 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission