Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (Anne'sson, Almaviva, Allan Sutton, anotherscott, 37 invisible), 1523 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The definition of absolute pitch by malkin @ 12/16/14 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: NahumOriginally Posted By: currawongOriginally Posted By: NahumDoes the influence on absolute pitch   the following problems?It's unclear whether you mean: Do the following problems influence absolute pitch? or Does absolute pi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Here are mine ... - Be able to play in Stereo and Monaural - One good Grand Piano sound. Like the Kawai's Steinway's Bosendorfer's Yamaha's I play in a store. Make a Sample that is great. Then, do not filter nor distort that wonderful sample. B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Christmas Present by malkin @ 12/16/14 11:47 PM

So cool that your grandson is Santa Claus! Love the pic! Enjoy your new toy!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning in the dry winter - raise up to 440 or leave flat? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 12/16/14 11:41 PM

Gerry, I would very much like to see you tune that Kawai RX-5 that had gone from +8 to -24 in 4 months, in one hour flat (including writing out the bill) and getting on to the next five appointments of that day, all people who really wanted their pia
Composer's Lounge
Nikki, that's an interesting take of things and I do see what you mean (based on my previous feedback on your score). As for the OP, yes if I see nothing on top, I'll just assume that I'm either requested to play it as I feel, or that I should play
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tendonitis by rintincop @ 12/16/14 11:33 PM

40 year veteran pro here. My recent approach to my life long tendinitis is to play with less curved fingers when possible and play with my whole arms, "lift and drop don't press". I also need to be more aware of keeping my shoulder/neck ve
Maybe indeed. Android's userbase dwarfs iOS, however I believe the quality of apps to be inferior - especially in productivity/creative sectors. I say this as an Android phone user and iOS tablet user - the best of both worlds in my opinion. Cheer
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by DoelKees @ 12/16/14 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: BDBI think that there may be some limit to how accurate the interface to the sound producing mechanism is. At some level, computers only understand integers, or more exactly, two integers, 0 and 1, and how it translates a freque
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts My Christmas Present by Ragtime88 @ 12/16/14 11:25 PM

Hi, all. Haven't been here in a few years, but I'm back. Grandson was sick today and away from school stayed at our home. He gave me (Papa) a piano for Christmas. He's taking lessons and can play "Hot Cross Buns". I remember when I was
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: In The Mood by harpon @ 12/16/14 11:23 PM

Something like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHOdmGRZwgA
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel K230: Review by phantomFive @ 12/16/14 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: PianoWorksATLHowever, your explanation of separate balance rails for sharps & naturals is not an innovation. Whether a maker has one wide rail with separate pivot points for sharps & naturals or two smaller rails, it's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't laminated soudboards... by phantomFive @ 12/16/14 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: PlowboyOriginally Posted By: DelOriginally Posted By: NorbertQuote:There may be diminishing returns or challenges to the production of larger, laminated boards, but most makers put them exclusively on instruments below 6'. Inter
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Learning to play The moonlight sonata by DeeMaxx @ 12/16/14 11:16 PM

Hi at the moment i'm learning how to play Beethovens "The MoonLight Sonata" still have quite a bit to learn though...but i'm getting there...it's not an easy piece to learn especially if you've got small hands like me..thought i'd use this
Jump to new posts Re: Remedy for "Jumping" strings when tuning? by freelife @ 12/16/14 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Jon PageYou can apply a small amount of Protek or Goose Juice liquids to the bearing points to aid rendering. Thanks Jon. I don't know Goose Juice, but I was told Protek was not a good idea because it would creep down the spe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestion for Frank by Plowboy @ 12/16/14 11:13 PM

Somebody had to say it. Thanks, Rich.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Suggestion for Frank by Rich Galassini @ 12/16/14 11:12 PM

Frank, I love PW and I like Hailun pianos, but those darn ads that make me have to scroll back and forth are so annoying and they seem unnecessary. Why couldn't they be resized? My 2 cents of constructive criticism,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't laminated soudboards... by Plowboy @ 12/16/14 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: DelOriginally Posted By: NorbertQuote:There may be diminishing returns or challenges to the production of larger, laminated boards, but most makers put them exclusively on instruments below 6'. Interesting. Why would they do tha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Note problems on my upright by caters @ 12/16/14 11:06 PM

With several notes on my Yamaha upright if I fully press the pedal and play a very short, almost staccato note at forte in like just a few seconds go down to piano. Surprisingly this happens a lot in the bass clef like G2, Bb2, and G3 do this and som
Question: With no money or physical space limitations, what kind of digital would you want or prefer, and why? As for myself I must admit that I am not particularly interested in any of today's current offerings although it would be nice to be able
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Beethoven op. 110 by Opus_Maximus @ 12/16/14 11:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogfvNRNLRZw#t=1102
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Here and No Idea Where to Start by FacingSunsets @ 12/16/14 11:02 PM

@wouter79: It's actually quite cramped in my dorm which is why I'm looking for another place to go. I have found another one but I'm waiting for a vacancy. Piano or no piano, I'm sick of my dorm. It's just too cramped. I sleep with my books on the be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't laminated soudboards... by Del @ 12/16/14 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: NorbertQuote:There may be diminishing returns or challenges to the production of larger, laminated boards, but most makers put them exclusively on instruments below 6'. Interesting. Why would they do that? Norbert Because many
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by BDB @ 12/16/14 10:58 PM

I think that there may be some limit to how accurate the interface to the sound producing mechanism is. At some level, computers only understand integers, or more exactly, two integers, 0 and 1, and how it translates a frequency into those two intege
Piano Forum
I have no intention to bash Estonia brand at all, I only want to add more arguments so we can observe a subject from different angles, especially when our friend Norbert talked about Soviet period Estonia. My new observations: 1/ The paper klaver1.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The definition of absolute pitch by Nahum @ 12/16/14 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: currawongOriginally Posted By: NahumDoes the influence on absolute pitch   the following problems?It's unclear whether you mean: Do the following problems influence absolute pitch? or Does absolute pitch influence the following
Page 29 of 30 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Crumb's Makrokosmos Vol. II No. V Technical difficulties
by Digital Mozart
12/18/14 08:49 PM
Lifetime Piano Tunings with New Piano Purchase?
by MusicMasters
12/18/14 07:51 PM
Experienced pianist: digital piano to "replace" grand
by integris
12/18/14 05:39 PM
why do I suddenly have clacking bass notes
by music32
12/18/14 04:57 PM
Kawai Digital Piano
by Deegs23
12/18/14 03:28 PM
Forum Stats
77340 Members
42 Forums
159962 Topics
2349208 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission