Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts issues with my new VPC 1 by JJRP @ 10/22/14 12:15 PM

Hi guys, sorry for a downer for a first thread but I'm just having some problems with my new VPC 1. One of the reasons I chose it was the fact that the vpc action is reputed to have less noise and rattle than the cheaper alternatives (I tend to prac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading books or resources for a beginner? by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/22/14 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo RoblesI have been taking classes for five months now you won't be able to read Dickens just after being alphabetized (some people not even long after that) you're still learning to recognize individual letters on th
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by lolatu @ 10/22/14 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: paninoNow I recorded pure sustaining by using the right pedal and was always wondering about the short sustain before. My pedal is a faulty one and I have serious problems with half-pedaling-sound without stepping on it. Maybe I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning strings by Emmery @ 10/22/14 12:01 PM

don't fix what isn't broken is what I say. If there is no visable rust or dirt on them leave them alone. Do not use any cleaners on them, especially anything with oil or silicone. Have your tuner/technician give it a look over next time they are w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Typical % markup on price dealer pays for a piano by Furtwangler @ 10/22/14 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusIt's generally been said that the dealer cost of a piano is ABOUT half of what a customer pays. What is the typical manufacturer cost to build a piano compared to what the dealer's wholesale cost is? I realize that
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared piano by Emmery @ 10/22/14 11:53 AM

There are some artists who will do interesting things with the piano outside of conventionally playing it, Chick Corea comes to mind. I had the opportunity to tune for him back in the late 80's when he performed in Toronto with a 4 string quartet.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Original method for harmonic hearing development by keystring @ 10/22/14 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: NahumOriginally Posted By: keystringI looked up "melodica". It actually seems an attractive instrument, which lets you do some things that you can't do on piano, such as changing the intensity of a note during its dur
Piano Forum
When I said I reckoned the K189 was better it was my personal preference, although I have not tried this 200 so obviously my opinion just now is based on how much I liked the Schimmel. I know Bosendorfer is in a whole different league but I have p
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe & Theatre
Jump to new posts Hammond Repair? by tjbron @ 10/22/14 11:49 AM

Hi all, I do a little posting in the piano forum (mostly lurk), but this is my first foray into the organ side. My wife's grandparents live in Billings, Montana, and had a plumbing issue which flooded their house, including their Hammond organ. U
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading books or resources for a beginner? by ShiroKuro @ 10/22/14 11:45 AM

Have you asked your teacher? He/she may recommend something that works with whatever syllabus you're using. you might also check this series out: A Line A Day Sight-reading. IIRC the beginning levels are very basic. A Line A Day at Amazon.com
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you cope? by Pover @ 10/22/14 11:42 AM

Thanks for the support guys. I really wish this doesn't seem like I'm looking for attention or anything, I just wanted to talk about it and the significance of music to me... Reminder: Always treat your loved ones well! Don't let a silly argument abo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arghhh!!! by anamnesis @ 10/22/14 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: musiccr8rWonderful thread, thanks for launching it. And thanks to all who have chimed in....very valuable stuff. I think I was audibly mm-hmmm'ing every one of your points, Argh, including the crazy tendency to overlook a key si
Pianist Corner
Two Snowflakes, does this mean you've switched teachers permanently?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you cope? by Nikolas @ 10/22/14 11:29 AM

I've not lost anyone too significant yet, but it's bound to happen in the near future unfortunately. I do have a bit of an issue though, since I composed a (great, imo) work for solo piano for my dad and my dad in law, since both of them seem to be
Piano Teachers Forum
Well, the OP has been here 6 years and made 280 posts, all but a handful within the past year, all but a handfull on the Piano Tuner and Technicians forum. So he's not really a stranger, just not a prolific poster on this forum. The topic is not wi
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ 10/22/14 11:27 AM

This is my overall impression aside from the keys that sound "dead" or "twangy." It sounds like a rebuilt "old" piano. Does that make sense? Is that possible that a completely rebuilt piano could still sound old?
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ 10/22/14 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: KorbenDallasQuote:...the rebuilder advised no tuning was needed after the move. I disagree. It really sounds out of tune. I also notice after playing for an hour, that a full octave in the bass has begun clicking when those keys
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stumbled across this today - Hiromi by pianolearnerstride @ 10/22/14 11:23 AM

Amazing player, and I really like the music she composes. She mixes up a lot of things... jazz, fusion, prog rock, classical.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by piano_primo_1 @ 10/22/14 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: paraphrased ShiroKuro Also, I would like to gently remind everyone that the ABF Recitals would not have gotten off the ground were it not for the hard work, dedication, and participation of numerous members. The ABF Recitals d
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ 10/22/14 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: KorbenDallasOriginally Posted By: chasingrainbows...they installed a new Alaskan sitka spruce soundboard and bridge caps, new Renner Steinway action and Renner blue hammers, new strings, tuning pins, pin block, agraffes, key bus
Piano Teachers Forum
Just a small observation. The person who asked for help has not been back, and has not responded to a single post in this thread since opening it. Shall we perhaps wait for such a response?
Thanks for the clarification, Isaac. Our counting methods are the same. 3.5 to 4.5 swings seems quite tight to me (but I'm always eager to learn or be corrected), and this had prompted me to ask about the counting method.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Eric Harrison @ 10/22/14 10:52 AM

Thanks so much fellas for the feedback. Actually, I've already purchased the MP7 from an online dealer that we've bought our last MP6 from. We've just been waiting for a month for delivery. I could have purchased the MP6 and received it in a matter o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Sight-reading books or resources for a beginner? by Giancarlo Robles @ 10/22/14 10:52 AM

I have been taking classes for five months now and would like to start developing sight-reading skills as part of my normal practice schedule. However, I am unsure of what book or resource to begin using. I'd like for something that begins simple and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a real Steinway? by Carbonblob @ 10/22/14 10:51 AM

Hi, I saw the same thing BDB saw. It's hard to tell but the profile above the cheek block differs too. Could be the picture though. They sure look alike though.
Page 29 of 31 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano lessons: every week or every two weeks?
by Pover
Today at 06:34 AM
Anything better than the Yamaha CLP-990 yet?
by pianelmo
Today at 04:49 AM
Is A443 banned definitively?
by Olek
Today at 04:01 AM
Ritmuller Grand Pianos - Help!
by Mike RSA
Today at 03:56 AM
J.D.Grandt Bass Strings Opinions Please
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:48 PM
Who's Online
85 registered (aesop, 36251, ando, Al LaPorte, 23 invisible), 1212 Guests and 34 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76633 Members
42 Forums
158465 Topics
2327058 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission