Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 275 by wimpiano @ 08/31/14 02:45 PM

I agree with you, the 280 is somewhat atypical for Bosendörfer. The 290 and 225 seem to have been modeled after the 275 if I'm not mistaken. I LOVE the 225, haven't heard an imperial in concert yet unfortunately.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: SURVEY - Your Favorite Virtual Piano Library by Possum SP280Krome @ 08/31/14 02:43 PM

I am a little biased here- I paid $29.99 for both of my sets through closeout deals but right now am not into paying $200-$300 for software at the moment given thatget something enjoyable for less 3 points- Addictive Keys Steinway D (many editing a
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, here I go! Deep breath....Brahms 118/2 by doctor S @ 08/31/14 02:36 PM

Was it Harold Bauer, the violinist, who ascended to Olympian heights of pianism, self-taught...by intentionally translating the essence of dance to hands and fingers? And presently, more arm-wavers are winning contests. 'Hope they're all wrong 'cuz
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Baldwin Acrosonics of that vintage were spinets. That Wurlitzer is also a spinet.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Looking at 1914 Baldwin by JMN12 @ 08/31/14 02:29 PM

Looking at a 1914 Baldwin 5'8" rebuilt in 1984. Looks like it is in great shape and cared for. I spoke with a technician who inspected and serviced it within one month of sell posting. When I expressed concern over 34 year old parts, he did
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Debussy vs. Ravel by pianoloverus @ 08/31/14 02:23 PM

For me, both these composers are "extremely great", would be in my top 10 for composers of piano music, and I could not place one above the other. But I am under the impression that high level pianists and sophisticated listeners tend to t
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by Dwscamel @ 08/31/14 02:20 PM

USER LOCATION: New York MAKE: Casio MODEL: CDP-130 CONDITION:New PRICE PAID: $300 DELIVERY CHARGE: 0 (Picked it up myself) VENDOR LOCATION: New York City/Union Square VENDOR NAME: Guitar Center PURCHASE DATE: August 2014 There was a sale for Labor D
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet setup for ultra portable rig by doremi @ 08/31/14 02:14 PM

Thanks! Cute, the light up keys of the former I will look further into both ... and now back to regular programming ...
Piano Forum
BTW, piano manufactures want to sell you pianos--not their action parts. Selling too many action parts means that the manufacture is competing with the rebuild of their own product. Every set of action that are sold means one less new piano to be sol
Jump to new posts Re: Abegg Variations, Op. 1 by R. Schumann by doctor S @ 08/31/14 02:02 PM

And it was live, f' cryin' o' LOUD: you get the Horowitz "pass" and then some. Please do join Morodiene's Schumann recital on ABF; you'll raise the bar!
Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes..What? No, I think I totally would! It's the same company as the True Keys Piano, right? If I'm being honest with myself, there's an overwhelming likelihood I'll end up buying it. Oh good! Yes, same company.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Jonathan BakerFor the purposes of this discussion, I define cheap as installing a given item specifically because it costs less with the foreknowledge that it will render an inferior result, and that I would define as "unet
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Issue with chord inversions and left hand by Brian Lucas @ 08/31/14 01:58 PM

I think the trick to inversions is to always see the chord in root position and then use a concept called octave displacement to move a few of the notes to a different octave. This way, you're not learning a bunch of "new" chords, but just
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: special gloves to reinforce good hand position by Brian Lucas @ 08/31/14 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: keystringThe upsetting thing is when people use their hands naturally in the first place, and then some stupid book or instruction gets them to try to do something unnatural because supposedly that's how it's supposed to be done
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Issue with chord inversions and left hand by jotur @ 08/31/14 01:45 PM

I played a *lot* of "oom-pah" in the left hand which I had practiced exactly as I needed to do it before I could spontaneously use a different inversion when I wanted to. And then it got to where I could do it with chords I didn't use as of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by A443 @ 08/31/14 01:37 PM

[sigh]...is that really necessary BDB? WilliamTruitt is somewhat new here. He probably didn't know, and besides, he is not hiding anything: he states clearly what he does in his profile!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Minnesota Marty @ 08/31/14 01:35 PM

Hmmmmm All along I thought this thread was about poor rebuilds of Steinways. When/why did it turn into the standard PW bashing of Steinway?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Issue with chord inversions and left hand by Visalia @ 08/31/14 01:33 PM

Let's say I'm playing an F chord for example. I can easily see all the inversions for F pop out when I start on any one of them. But then if I'm on a different chord and have to change to F(without going to the root), I'm a bit lost, unless I have pr
Jump to new posts Re: Abegg Variations, Op. 1 by R. Schumann by Tim Adrianson @ 08/31/14 01:30 PM

Hi there, Elizabeth! Well, the one thing that struck me in listening was how fully formed and unique Schumann's musical pallette was, even in Op 1 -- no juvenilia here! Very much like Beethoven in this regard -- a mature and original musical langua
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by Mark_C @ 08/31/14 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Scordatura....The other one stays - even though the final bars of the B half do return to the style and tempo of the A half.... Yes -- I don't think that disqualifies it at all! And really that seems like a big hint that might
Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes Or with the Kawai RM3 Grand II (though it appears from this thread and elsewhere that the RM3 Grand II is largely identical to the Grand Feel save for key length)? Grand Feel is not the same as RM3 Grand with lo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by BDB @ 08/31/14 01:24 PM

Oh, have you had all this experience as an amateur, or are you just ignoring forum rules?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Ed Foote @ 08/31/14 01:23 PM

Greetings, The quality of the parts is a minor issue when compared to the skill of installation. I have seen cheap parts perform beautifully and poorly regulated factory parts perform poorly. I would submit that all felt bushed parts are che
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by Scordatura @ 08/31/14 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistI think I have the answer. It was the second thing I thought of, after that weird variation in the Diabellis. I know that Diabelli variation doesn't meet the OP's criterion, but nevertheless kicking myself that it d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by WilliamTruitt @ 08/31/14 01:17 PM

Au contraire, my dear BDB, I have rescaled many pianos over a period of 20 years or more, using various software programs along the way. And I have done several rescalings using the Abacus software using Paulello wire. I deliberately chose to have
Page 29 of 34 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
79 registered (bennevis, 36251, Andy001, 22 invisible), 1110 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157230 Topics
2309268 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which classical (piano) music may I like?
by Stefo
09/02/14 05:50 AM
When to compose?
by noobpianist90
09/02/14 04:16 AM
First Recordings on the New Steinway!
by Markarian
09/02/14 04:11 AM
"railroad track" symbol in Debussy
by Eric NYC
09/02/14 02:52 AM
P155 or FA-08
by Yussnan84
09/02/14 01:59 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission