Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest song ever written by Plowboy @ 04/16/14 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Vid Ouch!!! I know someone who is the pianist equivalent of this woman. I wish you'd leave me out of this!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ 04/16/14 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistI can feel another Atrys flame war coming on. Your limbic system must be dysfunctional
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Distance between the Black Keys . . ? by peterws @ 04/16/14 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: Dave HorneFor the vast majority of black keys the distance between them is one whole step Actually that's the interval between them, not the distance. Distance is measured in mm or inches. And a
Monitors like that should be very loud (too loud for practical purposes) at full volume. Have you tried attaching some other sound source? Does the Korg have a line out volume control knob or software setting?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Retsacnal @ 04/16/14 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungThe ghost company is pretending to have made much better pianos in the past. Not to split hairs, but the newer manufacturer probably would dispute the notion that the historical pianos bearing the same name were bet
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Polyphonist @ 04/16/14 04:05 PM

I can feel another Atrys flame war coming on.
Jump to new posts Re: Distance between the Black Keys . . ? by ando @ 04/16/14 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave HorneFor the vast majority of black keys the distance between them is one whole step Actually that's the interval between them, not the distance. Distance is measured in mm or inches.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest song ever written by Polyphonist @ 04/16/14 04:03 PM

I must say, caters, your posts are rather amusing if nothing else.
Jump to new posts Question about monitor speakers with keyboard by peabody @ 04/16/14 04:00 PM

Good afternoon to all... I have just purchased a pair of jbl 308 studio monitors. I have hooked them up to my Korg Krome keyboard. The sound quality of the monitors is great but I had hoped for more volume (especially with piano sounds). I know th
Adult Beginners Forum
12 AZ Astro op39 2 I like T,`s churchy stuff. Rooted in Russian Orthodoxy, very noving with a certain beauty to it all. This is very very nicely played and interpretated. 15 PatH/Pat Holstein OP 1 2 Good to hear expertise combined with experienc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Disklavier to replace digital piano? by BDB @ 04/16/14 03:59 PM

Many of the new Disklaviers have digital pianos built into them, so if you get one of those, you should have everything you want.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by ando @ 04/16/14 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: dewsterOriginally Posted By: andoRoland did not set this up. Wha?? I was using your own wording back at you, Dewster. You said: "Roland basically sets you up to fry your brand new DP..." I just said they didn't set a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by Gary D. @ 04/16/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Brian LucasAlthough the verse has a very minor feel due to all the minor chords, it is indeed in B flat major. It stays a little ambiguous (probably intentionally) because the 2 main chords that would clearly define the key are
Jump to new posts Re: Distance between the Black Keys . . ? by Dave Horne @ 04/16/14 03:55 PM

For the vast majority of black keys the distance between them is one whole step
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by JohnSprung @ 04/16/14 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty We all seem to agree that "house brand pianos," and the reuse of the name of a defunct manufacturer, would be considered a "Stencil." No, only the house brand fits the stencil definition.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Chopinís Ballade 1 by zrtf90 @ 04/16/14 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: chopinoholicLast night I started practising the ballade. I'm planning to start with...Hmm? Originally Posted By: chopinoholicHow is it going with you guys? Starting next week at M208-216! What prep. work have you done, Paul?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Disklavier to replace digital piano? by Big Cheese @ 04/16/14 03:42 PM

Hi all, I currently have a Yamaha Clavinova CLP-280 which I'm very happy with but I'd really like an acoustic. Over the years I've toyed with buying a refurbished piano as well but have always been put off by something. Now I've finally got a seriou
Jump to new posts Re: Just got my MP11! by lolatu @ 04/16/14 03:41 PM

If you test the keys with the sound off, playing forte, are they all completely even, with no rubbing, clicks, creaking, or strange thuds? Nice bench BTW.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison (DSU) Tuning Technique by pyropaul @ 04/16/14 03:34 PM

Just a suggestion Mark - your videos are good but you spend a lot of time repeating yourself in the intro. Of the 13 minutes of the recent DSU video, we were over 3 minutes in before you actually started with any useful information IMHO. As a fellow
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: EM DeekaOriginally Posted By: zrtf90I believe that three or four different level 1 books will be better in the long run than a more progressive series. Why restrict to level 1 ?A good question that deserves a good answer. I hope
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by ando @ 04/16/14 03:27 PM

I think a stencil piano is one which is not unique to its own model name/number. ie. if it's available as other brands with minimal difference in specifications. For a piano to avoid being a stencil, it needs to be the only one of that configuration
Jump to new posts Re: How do you put in a larger tuning pin? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 04/16/14 03:18 PM

FWIW, I seldom hammer in pins. I've had excellent success with CA glue. Faster, and doesn't cause all the strings to go flat, like hammering does. Hammering for one or two pins, yes.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Waltz with No Accidentals (for larryz) by larryz @ 04/16/14 03:17 PM

This is lovely! It feels happy and cheerful, fast moving with a macro melody. It is rich harmonywise, and I will try to analyse it. I'm also going to contemplate on a similar piece in minor, but again, only using the natural scale. Thank you!
Jump to new posts Re: How do you put in a larger tuning pin? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 04/16/14 03:16 PM

If there is a crack, then hammering produces immediate looseness in the neighbouring pins. If all pins are tight after hammering loose pins that were in a line, then the point is moot; you've got tight pins. Great. The reason? Maybe either the crac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Norbert @ 04/16/14 03:16 PM

Quote:Since posting the negative assessment of W,N&G actions This was not happening nor was it said by me. In fact I stated on several occasions that innovation was good. However, I challenged the repeated claims by some here that the W,N&am
Page 29 of 36 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
85 registered (36251, AmyHsu, anotherscott, Al LaPorte, ando, 22 invisible), 1188 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153538 Topics
2250127 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
Today at 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission