Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Incorporate Sauter, Seiler and Schimmel. The former dealer remark is just plain nonsense. The Piano forum is a better place for your question btw.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scientific Study on Pianist's Brain Structures by phantomFive @ 08/19/14 11:47 AM

How would it help you make money?
Adult Beginners Forum
Check out Steingraeber uprights. They're totally top tier. If you're looking in that range they're definitely among the pianos to consider.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: markmarzThis is what I've been saying: that it's all fine through headphones and internal usb recorder, not fine through speakers. Alan at Kawai USA confirmed there was instability in G4 and A5 which was much more pronounced thr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff op.23 no 5 by carey @ 08/19/14 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul BartonI'm sorry you feel that way about my playing. I've spent a lot of time making free online piano tutorials - mainly responding to viewer's requests, over the last 6 years. In each video I tried to offer tips and enco
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts enaudi concert pics by Monica K. @ 08/19/14 11:37 AM

Photos from my trip to see Einaudi play in the Verona Arena in Italy.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Summer Song" -- Brubeck/McPartland/Rowe by Hakki @ 08/19/14 11:35 AM

Wow Andy that was wonderful!! Thank you very much!! Although I am not a fan of UT I really enjoy your tunings. Especially the way you tune unisons. Really full of color. Again thank you, it was great to hear it on a Steinway.
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi, I'm an adult beginner. My goal is to be able to play the Goldberg variations. I also like Chopin, Debussy & Beethoven. I love Rachmaninoff's music but I heard his music required huge finger spans. I'm in the market for a new piano and want to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamps for grand piano (pics?) by BruceD @ 08/19/14 11:32 AM

I had a directionally-adjustable pot-light (recessed light) installed in the ceiling above the piano. It's in a position where it can be focused directly on the music rack and, since it's overhead, nothing gets in my way nor does my shadow fall on t
Piano Forum
My younger brother (in his 40s) is considering taking piano lessons for the first time. He lives in Fort Lauderdale (Miramar). I live in Maryland and don't know any teachers in Florida, or even how to go about finding a teacher in Florida. I wo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K15E 2nd hand by Plowboy @ 08/19/14 11:31 AM

In the USA you could get a new K-15 for about $3400. That price seems high for a 6 year old model, but maybe the Belgian market is different. I have spent quite a bit of time on a K-15. It's a nice piano, a good fit for a beginner. A good pianist ca
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: USD20000 for a grand piano. What are my choices? by Carbonblob @ 08/19/14 11:30 AM

hey johnlewisgrant, thanks for that link. that just made my day........WOW!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by BDB @ 08/19/14 11:30 AM

440 is an arbitrary number, which makes some math easier. (435 makes other math easier.) Here where the humidity stays fairly constant, if I change the pitch to match the center of the piano, I have to do a lot of adjustment of the extreme treble an
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Search by frankeric @ 08/19/14 11:26 AM

Laguna Greg, yes I found what I thought was a fit but when I heard the price with no negotiating I backed off. I mean an very big price. So here I go again thinking maybe it is just about the money. frank
Originally Posted By: A443NOTE: there are, however, some sonic events that don't seem to change orientation--I perceive them as a "harmonic glow," "resonance," "sonic aura," etc.; bodiless sonic entities that don't seem
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamps for grand piano (pics?) by Carbonblob @ 08/19/14 11:17 AM

hey Jamie, I got one of those top end floor models touted "especially" made for piano players (they advertise everywhere). I was stupid to keep it when I should have returned it, so that's on me. I won't publish the company name in the fo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by ShiroKuro @ 08/19/14 11:16 AM

pdxfz1,Wow,did you listen to my submission first? Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Earlofmar thanks for listening and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Attention to detail is a tricky thing isn't it, I think it was my downfall on the piece I ended up not
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 08/19/14 11:15 AM

Thanks everyone for the comments and help with the quiz.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering a change by Saranoya @ 08/19/14 11:00 AM

I don't think I would mind taking lessons at my teacher's home at all. One can learn a lot about a person just by seeing where they live. But then, that's probably part of why you prefer *not* to teach from home .
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by ShiroKuro @ 08/19/14 10:55 AM

06. sinophilia (Diana) - Minuet from Serenade no. 1 Op. 183 I like that you found this in Pianist magazine! I enjoyed your playing, and your rubato is just fine! (definitely not "annoying") You're right, this is a lovely piece and I glad y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by FarmGirl @ 08/19/14 10:54 AM

I agree with you all there on theirs was a platonic relationship. Sorry for their pain an turmoil but I'm grateful for that it resulted in wonderful music by Brahms. Full go longing and love unfulfilled.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Getting motivated to practice by TwoSnowflakes @ 08/19/14 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: phantomFive That doesn't work for me. Then you are an exception > 3sigma. Everybody is more than three standard deviations from the norm somewhere. Some of us more than others.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff op.23 no 5 by Hakki @ 08/19/14 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: RonaldSteinwayI love the video. Paul, why did you delete the video???? It is an excellent video. I watch it again and again. It really helps on how to start learning that piece. Yes, please put it back again. I am all for a
Again thanks for great info Del. Olek & A443 want photos. Don't know if you have any from your old 9' you can post. I'll post some of the 6-footer I'm rebuilding later this week, it's being moved into my shop on Friday.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning issues with Aeolian Knabe (Mason & Hamlin) grands by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/19/14 10:49 AM

Would probably be better to post this question in the Technicians forum. As regards Mason & Hamlin BB grands, you are correct that they are a bear to tune. The string moves very slowly in response to the tuning pin because of the high friction.
Page 29 of 34 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
111 registered (Atrys, Anticlock, 32 invisible), 1157 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75890 Members
42 Forums
156826 Topics
2304330 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
Today at 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Molotov Cocktail Piano
by Robert W. Weber
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
20 inch tablet for sheet music?
by Sand Tiger
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission