Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Thank you Toddy, I appreciate your advice. I guess that the models you mentionned are "medium-weighted", not fully. Have you tried these keyboards? This was the reason why I didn't want to buy the Yamaha p105, because in spite of the 4 sens
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by littlebirdblue @ 07/30/14 02:33 PM

DD = Dear Daughter She's too young to be practicing on her own so it helps that I'm relearning - at least I hope so. She probably won't be able to practice truly independently until she is 6 or 7 so unless she quits, I'd be tagging along for a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I just believe you add a bit more salt, so we are sure that the taste is "salted" . Does not give a clue about the smell, however
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Jay Roland @ 07/30/14 02:26 PM

Hi Laerai. As you can see from my signature, I'm a Roland guy. A few things to know about the F130R. The Action is new. It's called PHA-4 Standard. It replaces the previous Ivory Feel G action. Definitely a more positive feeling action that has
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to study harmony through Bach by ando @ 07/30/14 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_greg I'm definitely with Roger on this one, and you people obviously have never studied these works very well. You obviously think wrongly. I have two degrees on this stuff and I teach it for a living. I'm not a Johnn
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a setup for jamming at home by fizikisto @ 07/30/14 02:21 PM

Another iOS app that might be worth looking into is Loopy, which looks to be pretty full featured looper ap, and it is really cheap. http://loopyapp.com I've not played with that myself, but it looks pretty nifty.
Originally Posted By: OlekYou still as extremist as usual !! Apparently so. This morning I went to my boulangerie to enjoy a good morning croissant and espresso drink. The total was $6.77; I gave the cashier two pennies, two twos, and a twenty. She
Jump to new posts Re: Mac mini for software pianos? by Kbeaumont @ 07/30/14 02:16 PM

I own a Mac Mini its a nice little unit, very little space, quite capable and reasonably priced. I will definitely replace it some day with another one.
Pianist Corner
Donald Francis Tovey side-steps the question by not identifying movements in this Sonata. In both his ABRSM edition of the Sonatas and in his Companion to Beethoven's Piano-forte Sonatas, he divides the Sonata into four "sections," namely
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with a Bluthner by Karl Watson @ 07/30/14 02:15 PM

Even at a quick glance one can tell that some work has been done to both belly and case. Bluthners of this vintage are wonderful, wonderful pianos but oh so very special and require technicians that are both experienced and appreciative of their q
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by keystring @ 07/30/14 02:14 PM

Yes - pure or clean.
Jump to new posts Re: The Ravenscroft modified Kawai VPC1 by gvfarns @ 07/30/14 02:09 PM

Oooooo. Pretty. I thought the original was cool looking. Thanks for this video. I am super interested in this topic. Looking at the action it seems like there might be some things that are tweakable and I'd love it if it could be reasonably modi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Arnaldo Cohen by bennevis @ 07/30/14 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: vlhorowitzCouldn't agree more about the Scherzos and your assessment, wr. I heard him perform these on Sunday, and my goodness, he's a wonderful pianist... @sophial: It's not a typo. I can't say whether or not he LEARNED to pl
Jump to new posts Re: M-Audio Oxygen 88 vs. StudioLogic Numa Compact by Kbeaumont @ 07/30/14 02:06 PM

The Oxygen 88 replaced the ProKeys88 / Keystation 88 both had the same weighted action the only difference was one had sounds the other was strictly a controller. The Oxygen 88 might be better, but I was so disgusted with them I have not even been c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Damon @ 07/30/14 02:05 PM

A pianist calls the orchestra office, asks for the conductor, and is told that he is dead. The pianist calls back 25 times more. Same message from receptionist. She asks why he keeps calling. He replies, "I just like hearing you say it."
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital piano has the heaviest keys? by gvfarns @ 07/30/14 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: AlanDThe heaviest keys were probably the first generation Kawai MP8. The MP8II was a bit lighter and that seems to be the trend going forward (but lighter keys potentially allow for faster action). Yup, this sounds right. I
Jump to new posts Re: GHS improved over time? by gvfarns @ 07/30/14 02:02 PM

Yeah, we've king of been saying for years that while Yamaha calls their actions the same thing for years and years, they must be making small changes here and there. I have played GH3 actions made in very different years and to me they seemed quite
Piano Forum
That last one's a zither. Larry.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Coming up with new compositional methods. by gsmonks @ 07/30/14 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve ChandlerSo my interpretation of this is that you've composed a 3 part piece with unique rhythms for each part. Please help me understand what's new or different about this. All three parts are syncopated. It's not simpl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a piano: under $11k by Eldridge @ 07/30/14 01:54 PM

I paid under 11K for my Hailun 178, about eight months ago.
Adult Beginners Forum
Quote:"Knights in White Satin" and I could never figure out why they were wearing satin. Me too!!! It took forever before I realized that it wasn't "knights." Actually, I still kind of hear it that way! :p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: what do you think piano teachers about it? by BruceD @ 07/30/14 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: briansaddlebackwhy do you always refer to yourself in the third person? It would appear that his native language is not English; might that answer your question? I am not sure what is being asked here. Is it whether the r
Pianist Corner
I'd always liked the piano and happily took lessons from about age 7. But I got passionate about it, and about classical music, when I encountered a schoolmate who was a budding classical violinist, and who got me excited about the whole classical f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by BruceD @ 07/30/14 01:49 PM

"Who are you?" "I'm Haydn." "Gee, if I had a face like yours, I'd be hidin' too! Cheers!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance for Publishing by Dachshund @ 07/30/14 01:49 PM

Hi Axtremus, Thank you for your response! I suppose my goal is based on a point of pride in having my music published in a book. Along with that, I feel if my music is published in a book (or various books) it will have a better chance of living past
Page 29 of 34 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
74 registered (BarryDMD, bennevis, ando, aesop, Al LaPorte, 22 invisible), 1206 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156326 Topics
2295919 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
piano technician cost list
by ascc
08/01/14 01:36 AM
Liszt on Steinway A3
by Reno
08/01/14 01:35 AM
Roland RD800 initial impressions
by fizikisto
08/01/14 12:28 AM
Connected Slurs
by TX-Bluebonnet
08/01/14 12:17 AM
Recital 35 --- Call For Submissions
by AB Forum Recital
07/31/14 10:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission