Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
55 registered (bennevis, Albunea, Bellicapelli, Briguy65, barbaram, 13 invisible), 927 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
So my daughter got her report card back - she got 30Cs and 2As, with a blank section for pedal. What does that even mean?
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm wondering if it might be better to keep discussions about glitches and fixes to the original thread, so that we can keep the topic here to its intent, simply because that topic is already very broad. Never mind. I see that thread is closed. Btw
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By dire tonicPerhaps my explanatory first post in the sign-up thread wasn't explicit enough so he thought it was ok to add names ad-infinitum. Why not just quote and re-print the list without his nam
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin Amateur Competition candidates by Hakki @ 05/28/15 03:13 PM

http://www.konkurs.amator.chopin.pl/zakwalifikowani.php Some quite strong competitors there. Any thoughts?
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dire tonicPerhaps my explanatory first post in the sign-up thread wasn't explicit enough so he thought it was ok to add names ad-infinitum. Why not just quote and re-print the list without his name? Let him add his name to any
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks folks for the kind words. Actually, I'll be very interested in seeing my report card (that may stop the "elation" part real fast) Well Mrs. BrianDX got hers today. Perfect score.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practiceopedia Illustrated Guide to Practice by Groove On @ 05/28/15 03:12 PM

For me, Practiceopedia has been excellent. Highly recommended. It's very user-friendly and practical. No more mindless practice just for the sake of practice. The focus of the book is to help you practice more efficiently so that you're getting resul
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Jytte @ 05/28/15 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By Dru MorganI did enjoy that last one a lot. It was a favorite song/movie as a kid and being able to play it myself felt really great. I have noticed that too. As I get better on the piano and can approach some tunes from childho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by dire tonic @ 05/28/15 03:10 PM

CYCLE 4 Composer - Polyphonist 1 - Valencia COMPLETED 2 - Jytte COMPLETED 3 - dire tonic (pending) 4 - PianoStudent88 5 - Greener
Adult Beginners Forum
Perhaps my explanatory first post in the sign-up thread wasn't explicit enough so he thought it was ok to add names ad-infinitum. Why not just quote and re-print the list without his name? Let him add his name to any subsequent 5-player cycle.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by TrevorM @ 05/28/15 03:07 PM

I moved from a Casio CDP-120 to a Roland F-130R and the action on the Roland is FAR quieter. I also tried out a lot of other digital pianos before buying the F-130R and I would so as far as to say that it was the quietest action of any of the pianos
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By JytteWell, I guess that was an understandable mistake, since the other cycles were at 7 participants. Any particular reason this was to be held short? We've changed the standard cycle length from 7 to 5. Originally Posted By J
Adult Beginners Forum
Maybe s/he wants to finish up our claim cycle, and nobody else seems to want to ?
Adult Beginners Forum
Well, I guess that was an understandable mistake, since the other cycles were at 7 participants. Any particular reason this was to be held short?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Me and my son... by Orange Soda King @ 05/28/15 03:03 PM

That was great!
Jump to new posts Re: PCI express interface with virtual piano by panino @ 05/28/15 03:02 PM

Thanks Elmer, yes it´s top notch!!! My goal was not to save my hard earned money, just having a perfect setup. BTW: My teacher burns me to the ground with a P80 and a music man amp
Adult Beginners Forum
I just want to point out that an illegal signup has occurred in the other thread. A member named UnderConstruction has signed up for a 6th slot on a cycle of 5. I've sent him a personal message informing him of the issue and recommending that he swit
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cub Scout Songbook by Jytte @ 05/28/15 03:00 PM

And for added quality practice, you just play it once with RH, then once again with LH an octave down
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by Michael Sayers @ 05/28/15 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserOriginally Posted By proutI'm afraid to try the test. Even though I created it, I would likely get it wrong! That kind of confirms 'The no difference theory' And I'm also awaiting the demo of: "Now it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to identify 2 pieces by Works1 @ 05/28/15 02:59 PM

Kevin, Sorry you didn't have any luck on your side. Unfortunately I did not get a response to my email but I will send it again today just in case (hopefully it will not go into their spam folder).
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By PianoStudent88I had expected to write out each tune but I am challenging myself to hold each time entirely in memory, and am enjoying succeeding at that. I don't need practice notating music; I do need practice at playing from m
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-130R review by Jay Roland @ 05/28/15 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By EssBraceSigh, Nice attitude Jay. Great timing, just as I've been looking at the RD-800 a senior Roland person basically tells me to shove it. At no point did I imply that you should shove it. Not at all... This is unfortunat
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-130R review by Cue Zephyr @ 05/28/15 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By Alexander BorroJust me personally but if I were in your situation already familiar with DAWs and got some studio monitors and all the other components already for home use I would strongly consider the VPC1 too as an option. My
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What did you practise today? by FormulaGoat @ 05/28/15 02:54 PM

I started learning the piano today, as I got it delivered, and I've been having so much fun with Erik Satie's Gymnopedie No. 1. Learning to read the notes of a piece you really love seems to accelerate the learning process.
Adult Beginners Forum
I know I wasn't at 120 for sure Playing at intended speed is my problem. Working up speed is not something I can do in 10 minutes, and this isn't something we're supposed to spend ages on. Listening is what it's about. PS88 has the list
Page 29 of 36 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Gabriel Morel
by musicpassion
05/30/15 02:04 AM
Gabriel Morel composer info
by musicpassion
05/30/15 02:01 AM
Blues piano method books
by Stabby
05/29/15 08:07 PM
Chickering Concert Grand Piano approx 1853
by Chuck Watson
05/29/15 05:17 PM
Intro to 'Steppin' Out' live
by Visalia
05/29/15 04:10 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,466 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,435 Topics
2,412,396 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission