Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
96 registered (Almaviva, ando, Benoit N, Albunea, agraffe, augustm, 24 invisible), 1594 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
Thanks for the dreamy unforgettable childhood memories! "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams!" #WillyWonka #GeneWilder RIP 1933-2016 Piano Cover of Willy Wonka's "Pure Imagination" https://youtu.be/dMpL3yS
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts And my piano wasn't broken.... by FrankCox @ Today at 02:17 AM

So here I am playing chords that require me to move my right hand a long way up the keyboard and then back down, repeatedly. I'm doing this series over and over, trying to get it perfect and really just enjoying the sound, and then all of a sudden a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: roland lx17 ringing sounds by Tim P @ Today at 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By OrgantoPianoI have to agree. When I was a student at Westminster Choir College, I had the wonderful opportunity to sing several times a year with the New York Philharmonic. Watching the oboists before the concert was fascinating
Adult Beginners Forum
There's a huge market of people who want to make casual music - and if this works for them, I think that's great and good thing! With one exception, I might take issue with the Hao Staff if you publish Heart & Soul ... :-) A couple of suggestion
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai piano recall- bad glue?? by Robert 45 @ Today at 02:05 AM

There have been posts before attacking Kawai on Piano World and there are usually in the opening post, clear signs of dubious credibility on the part of the writer. The statements are very non specific and there is a lack of detail in the allegati
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DPs: Drop the bass? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 01:13 AM

Quote: . . . You need to do a cut of frequencies lower than 30htz to start, then maybe higher yet up to about 100htz - experiment and find which frequencies are getting a boost in your room. The lowest fundamental frequency on a piano is 27.5 Hz. T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai piano recall- bad glue?? by Piano90X @ Today at 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeOriginally Posted By Piano90X Why did you point out how few posts he has? (Long-time lurker, rookie poster, here.) Not saying this is the case currently, but sometimes unscrupulous industry folks set up fictitio
Jump to new posts Re: Need help choosing a piano by ProtoPiano @ Today at 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By CaptainMusicIf you're not in need of something portable, I recommend the new Yamaha Ydp143. It does have GHS action, which is a little noisier and lighter touch than the higher level GH action which is quiet and a heavier feel.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by BDB @ Today at 12:47 AM

On the other hand, if the piano sounds so bad that you are tempted to have someone do thousands of dollars worth of work on it to sound (maybe) better (whatever that may mean), perhaps you should just get a piano with a sound you prefer.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization Exercise by Nahum @ Today at 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By Scordatura Sorry, Nahum, but what you say, while it surely represents your own experience, would not be possible for a great many. Dating from its first investigation by Francis Galton (1880), and more extensively by Betts (1908)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spinet piano the red headed step child by RonTuner @ Today at 12:33 AM

There are two issues here: 1. techniques for maintaining comfort - the physical options available to alter tuning technique based on the size of the instrument. 2. techniques for altering the tuning style to better match the piano... Hint: a lot o
Jump to new posts Re: roland lx17 ringing sounds by OrgantoPiano @ Today at 12:29 AM

I have to agree. When I was a student at Westminster Choir College, I had the wonderful opportunity to sing several times a year with the New York Philharmonic. Watching the oboists before the concert was fascinating because they would play with thei
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs Yamaha N1 or N2 by OrgantoPiano @ Today at 12:12 AM

Both the Kawai and the Yamaha N2 and N3 mount their base speakers into a wooden soundboard. The Yamaha uses the keyboard action from their G series acoustic grand piano. The Kawai uses a modified grand piano action that is not from an acoustic piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Is It Customary to Tip Tuner/Technician? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:09 AM

No, it is not the custom to tip the piano tuner. I have gotten a few when I took an emergency appointment and had to reschedule existing customers. Some customers fix me lunch if I am there at lunchtime.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:05 AM

Thanks for asking. The casting must be removed from the piano and the Capo bar machined to accept upside down agraffes. This also means a new pin-block, strings, plate finish and you might as well make a stellar bridge while you are at it to get the
Jump to new posts Re: Spinet piano the red headed step child by HelloMrZebra @ Today at 12:01 AM

This winter spinet im tuning sounds god aweful. So many bizarre overtones very wonky
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much of the "best piano" debate is confirmation bias? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:01 AM

No more advertising on here, Ed.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPT I will not buy any piano that has a hard Capo bar unless ... I can ... solve the problem ... Just out of curiosity, how do you correct a hard Capo bar?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Op 2, No 1, 1st Mvt. Memory Issue by Raindrops @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

Thank you both. :-)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

I have had success in doing some light rebuilding/redesign of Samick grands. Some of the scales have pretty good bones. The actions usually need complete repining and the hammers are too heavy and hard so I replace them. I have never seen a Young Ch
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai piano recall- bad glue?? by Bortholomew @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Other people have already addressed the glue issue, and assuming you're posting in god faith, what exactly led you to the K300 in particular? It is a fine piano, but without being able to test one out, I wouldn't get too attached, and driving to anot
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai piano recall- bad glue?? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeOriginally Posted By Piano90X Why did you point out how few posts he has? (Long-time lurker, rookie poster, here.) Not saying this is the case currently, but sometimes unscrupulous industry folks set up fictitio
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a new 48" piano by Bortholomew @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

The Yamaha U-series pianos for the North American Market all all manufactured in Japan. It is likely that some of their parts are made elsewhere, and then shipped to Japan for assembly, though the majorit of the work is Japanese. The same is true of
Jump to new posts Re: Vibration on pedals and bass section of the keyboard by Nathan Monteleone @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By Rguroodoes the tuning change the behavior to that extent? I used to play with a Bosendorder and had never had such an experience. Honestly it was a wild guess on my part. I have never heard of it happening but thought maybe a v
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

One technical point that I suggest you get assurances from the technicians who inspect any piano you are considering is regarding any hardness of the Capo D'astro bar. Sometimes Steinway does a case-hardening treatment on the Capo bar. This makes for
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can someone please give me a free link for VST
by Shreyansh Agarwal
08/30/16 06:14 AM
And my piano wasn't broken....
by FrankCox
08/30/16 02:17 AM
This just makes me so sad.
by Brinestone
08/29/16 11:25 PM
Is It Customary to Tip Tuner/Technician?
by newbert
08/29/16 11:15 PM
Looking to buy a new 48" piano
by Pivolin
08/29/16 10:12 PM
Forum Stats
84,824 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,850 Topics
2,551,583 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission