Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
59 registered (AndrewJCW, Albunea, Amosdoll, 20 invisible), 926 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano tech life before cell phones by rtheaux @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

Bob, he had similar stories. I liked listening.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing two-beat triplet over eighth notes by Andy Platt @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

In the past the following has helped (besides the rhythmic useful words - they are always good): 1. Play the right hand, then the left, then the right, then the left. Use a metronome only where it won't confuse things with the beat. 2. Just play th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Bluetooth pedal for my iPad? by jazzyprof @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

I use the PageFlip Cicada. Lightweight, easy to pair with all sorts of devices, several modes of operation. I use it mostly with my Dell XPS 18 all-in-one touchscreen desktop/tablet. http://www.pageflip.com/pageflipCicada.html PageFlip Cicada
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning musc by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

I've had old, vanquished mistakes worm their way back to the surface during the performance of a revival.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Diminished Arpeggios (AMEB) by LookinforDP @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

havee you seen this vid ? Piano Lesson with an Adult Student: Diminished 7th Arpeggios Shirley Kirsten is it E maj scale ?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by carojm36 @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Bump! I finally made the switch from Alfred but wasn't sure where to begin. After perusing both Adult PA all in one books 1 and 2, I went with 2 and am over half way through. Though I never know how long to linger on each piece. I work on one an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Linda, Great work on blowing through all of the blues pieces! That's a big accomplishment I have to say that I was pretty happy after I was done with them It looks like you're making the most of the long weekend! Noonie, stick with the metronome or
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tree Through House (not mine) by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

In our (at one time since we have now joined the California drought) moist climate houses that have joined the "Blue Tarp Club" start to get some serious mold issues. YUK!!!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA 95 V CA 97 by jmacn @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Thanks to all James thanks for the links I will try CA 97 when my dealer gets one
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Unfamiliar concerto at a competition = bad idea? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By albumblatter But I guess the conductors and the musicians alike are used to playing that compared to playing a Reinecke concerto, for example. I don't think a Reinecke concerto (unless it's for flute ) is going to win any pia
Adult Beginners Forum
Johann, I think you are right. I will sight read some of my old pieces, just to hear the combination of sounds that were so pleasing to me then. Thanks.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Unfamiliar concerto at a competition = bad idea? by albumblatter @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Rach 3 accompaniment is no joke, if you think about it. Such a gargantuan orchestra. But I guess the conductors and the musicians alike are used to playing that compared to playing a Reinecke concerto, for example.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question on attitude , psychology and piano. by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By keystringI think it's a mix of things. Well, one thing - we aim toward where we think. Years ago when I was a kid, my father was driving us down a country road, said "Look, a beaver!" and promptly drove us into the di
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By Steve PetersonAs a buyer, I wouldn't sign one. What do I have to gain by signing a non-disclosure agreement? The dealer is the only winner here. If a dealer made it a condition of a sale, I would just find a different dealer t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Bluetooth pedal for my iPad? by Eric NYC @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

The ForScore software on iPad can be turned on its side (landscape mode), which displays a half-page at a time, and the notes are larger and quite readable. Of course, then the pages have to be turned twice as often. And it's not exactly a half page
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas Debargue by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

I love his Medtner.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Technichian or Virtual Technician by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

With the post regarding the CA97 and tinnitus, I believe the problem can either be resolved with moving the piano and/or working more with the Virtual Technician (and there also may have been an issue with one of the speakers, if I recall). At any r
Jump to new posts Re: Inharmonicity Math by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

I general, the inharmonicity found in pianos alters Equal Temperament so as to slow down the beat rate of the intervals tuned with wide partial matches and speeds it up in the ones with narrow partial matches. The tuner does have some choice in how t
Jump to new posts Re: Blowing dust off grand piano soundboard? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

Dennis Gorgas, my old technician friend and now deceased, placed an old fitted bottom sheet which he soaked under water and then wrung out around the rim of a grand and then used a portable tank of compressed air to blow the dirt up in the air and on
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Tunewerk @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTAlso the diameter of the knuckle has significant effect on leverage and pianissimo control. When the knuckles are large, the "bump" at escapement felt during soft playing makes smooth and even control al
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning musc by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949I have returned to the piano after an 11 year absence. I had an even longer gap(s) than you, as I never owned my own piano until a few years ago. And I'm pretty old....... When I finally bought one (a digital) i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by Steve Peterson @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

As a buyer, I wouldn't sign one. What do I have to gain by signing a non-disclosure agreement? The dealer is the only winner here. If a dealer made it a condition of a sale, I would just find a different dealer to work with.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas Debargue by jazzyprof @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

He is not just a fantastic pianist, he's a great musician. He truly communicates with his thoughtful, sensitive playing. During his performance at the winner's gala on July 2 I saw a couple of grown men wiping tears from their eyes. He is composin
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

The original Steinway action specs produced actions with a comparatively higher leverage than most other pianos. It only works when the hammers are very light. Otherwise the inertia is so high that full dynamic control becomes an almost insurmountabl
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Johann that's great! Traumerei is the first piece I played on my grand piano. It was a dream come true. Today sight read some of a Bach Minuet (not sure which one), practiced the Scarlatti and gave the Beethoven Op.
Page 3 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 26 27 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Clavinova CVP-87A Motherboard
by VentureJD
07/04/15 01:55 AM
Yet pulled in another direction again!
by Isabelle1949
07/04/15 01:25 AM
YAMAHA DISCLAVIER MODEL MX100B
by JJC
07/03/15 10:29 PM
Buying new Dp Help - Yamaha ydp s52
by TigerPaws
07/03/15 06:29 PM
Why do high-end Casio pianos have less tones than low end?
by FrankCox
07/03/15 05:53 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,281 Topics
2,423,799 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission