Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
85 registered (Anticlock, AZNpiano, armani, Bachus, 23 invisible), 995 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Six pianos! by Rickster @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By PlowboyI thought this thread would be about Rickster and his collection! Well, I'm down to just 4 at the moment (not counting my digital ). 3 grands and an upright. And, it is apparent that I don't know a thing about NY real-
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: midi keyboard controller as complement to digital piano by Digitalguy @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By toddyHere I am still looking at anotherscott's suggestion: the Samson Graphite 49. I'm poised to buy it as Thomann have good deals right now. Before I commit myself (and the funds arrive in my Paypal) I would ask if anyone has a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by Markarian @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

To be fair, I worried for weeks that the problems I was experiencing was some soer of permanent disability. I'd rather the piano be wrong than my cochlea.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano notes vs another instrument by keystring @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

The topic is an interesting one, because it goes into what happens when we read music - or the different things that might be involved when we read music. One way is where you see the notes on the page, and you hear sounds in your imagination, and t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by Francisco Scalco @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDAny piece that I would play as an encore would be a piece that I have had in my repertoire for a long time, not one that I had just learned. While some might not appreciate any difference, to me, there is something about e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Nocturne Op 9 No 1, bar 15 how to play by briandang @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

LH the 4th F, how to make a smooth hopp without double hit the key? Regards Brian
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Tuning for a Showroom Now.... by BDB @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

Sometimes there are manufacturing defects that can cause even new strings to break.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you buy your sheet music from? by malkin @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

Sheet Music Plus is always slow too, but at least they state "usually leaves our warehouse in two weeks" or something like that. My EMF orders (http://www.musica-ferrum.com/) have been faster, and they come from Greece!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Tuning for a Showroom Now.... by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By Scriabin67Originally Posted By Cinnamonbear If you are afraid of breaking strings on a new piano, then you are too afraid of breaking strings. That means that you are too afraid. And, it means you will probably break strings.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to put my piano by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By RaindropsIt's pork bone soup mostly nowadays, sometimes chicken soup.....I like soup, although my piano apparently not excited about it. I wonder if the moisture from cooking affects the texture of the hammers? Or maybe it cou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone PLEASE tell me this is a joke... by patH @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Unlike Gerard Depardieu, the guy here can really play the piano. For those not familiar with the movie "Green Card": Depardieu's piano performance starts at ca. 1:50.
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha p35 and korg sustain by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By Pablo1980ThNks for the answer. Just to learn, wouldnt a polarity issue would make the piano always sustain when the korg is connected? Right... with the "wrong" pedal, a keyboard will sustain when the pedal is not dep
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Six pianos! by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By PaintedPostDaveRickster, Six pianos at $180,000 each equals $1,080,000. According to the Knockdown website: "Built in 1903, Knockdown Center is a 50,000 sq. ft. restored factory uniquely situated on a gated three acre lot.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Hakkihttp://waltercosand.com/CosandScores/ According to this site (composers E-K) it is in public domain in the USA. He says that is what he "believes". I believe that is a pro forma (and probably disingenuous) stat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone PLEASE tell me this is a joke... by carey @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Here's the same dude playing the 1st movement of a sonata by Balakirev. Quite a difference. https://youtu.be/KdXTyzcvkCw BUT - when he plays another Liszt piece, he just can't seem to help himself...... https://youtu.be/Oj9GzX-7Hy4 and then t
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha MM8 by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

Right. MOX and MOXF are very similar. MOXF adds the ability to install flash cards. It also has the newer XF 741 mb ROM instead of the earlier 355 mb XS ROM, up to 8 simultaneous effect pairs instead of 3, 128 polyphony vs 64, and some other enhancem
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by BDB @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

Guaranteed to get a reaction!
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha p35 and korg sustain by Pablo1980 @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

ThNks for the answer. Just to learn, wouldnt a polarity issue would make the piano always sustain when the korg is connected? And that would be fixed changing the polarity at the piano? It seems odd that the pedal does nothing...when I reversed the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone PLEASE tell me this is a joke... by Svenno @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveLiszt was similarly dramatic, but had a much more engaging personality. A lot of that guy's moves were probably copied from Liszt caricatures: Liszt looked up as if he were gazing into heaven, an
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha p115 ! by slobajudge @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

Come on Yamaha, GHS key action again ? Are you not tired to sell the same piano with some cosmetics improvements for decades, the sound is bad anyway in this class.
Here I am still looking at anotherscott's suggestion: the Samson Graphite 49. I'm poised to buy it as Thomann have good deals right now. Before I commit myself (and the funds arrive in my Paypal) I would ask if anyone has any views about the rivals:
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by slobajudge @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By MacyOriginally Posted By Crocus Am I going to find a virtual piano sound that is realistic ? I hear stuff in many of the posts on this very thread where I could honestly not tell you whether that was an acoustic piano or not, th
Adult Beginners Forum
There are a wide range of things a person can do to try to improve. I am a lowly beginner, but I do talk to a lot of musicians, so take my comments for what they are. As for improving, there is learning new pieces from sheet music, learning new pie
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79Yes true, I'm pushing the speed here which causes some side effects. I thought this was a good trade-off but I realize that others (eg my teacher) prefer a cleaner but slower over a faster recording. ... Originally Posted
Jump to new posts Re: €700 home studio-worthy, no-frills piano stand-in by Cue Zephyr @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Went back to the store to check the value of the acoustic amplifier I'm trying to get rid of and check if there was info about the PX-160 and if they could get a Casio at all to the store. I've basically been talked out of waiting for the PX-160 sin
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 27 28 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How long to wear out a DP ?
by Charles Cohen
05/22/15 09:09 PM
And so the search begins...
by Caine
05/22/15 08:55 PM
Nocturne Op 9 No 1, bar 15 how to play
by briandang
05/22/15 08:30 PM
What to check for when buying a used DP?
by Nimi1
05/22/15 05:40 PM
String levelling issue?
by Chris Warren
05/22/15 04:59 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,382 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,255 Topics
2,409,367 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission