Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
135 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, Alexander Borro, Allar A, A Guy, 31 invisible), 1513 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Jytte @ Today at 05:23 AM

Johan, each lesson has from 2 to 5 videos, and each video is anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes in length. Lessons are a mix of theory (as it pertains to the task at hand) and practical (on the piano). As you have obviously only watched one of the intro-v
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Stand by dire tonic @ Today at 05:21 AM

I can see now, any attempt to resurrect my ingenious X-stand modification thread risks subjecting me to ridicule. The world will be poorer for it... - that tiny iron is quite cute, though.
Jump to new posts Re: First digital piano after coda? by dire tonic @ Today at 05:13 AM

If you're comfortable using computers and software, the best value for money, and amongst the best sounding would be to run a DP or just a plain (no sounds) controller like the VPC1 in conjunction with a software piano. With a dedicated laptop, st
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by SwissMS @ Today at 05:13 AM

I hope you can make it as well, torquenale. The change in the exchange rate was a shock, and definitely makes Switzerland more expensive. Hopefully things will normalise my summer!
Jump to new posts Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! by Cmin @ Today at 05:12 AM

Hi DMC, once you have inserted the USB stick in the back, make sure that "Song" button is lit and not the "Rhythm" button. Don't forget to choose 'AUDIO' in the 'Recording Mode' settings and not SMF. SMF will only record Midi data
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by SwissMS @ Today at 05:11 AM

I haven't had much FOYD this week. My husband had surgery and is still in the hospital, so I have not had much time for piano. He is doing better, and will hopefully come home tomorrow or Sunday. He will need a bit of home care for a while, but sh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How is this possible? And does it mean anything? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 05:07 AM

I am not referring to these specific 2 pianos. Simply making a general observation. There have always been small pianos hidden in big cases. It is not a new phenomenon. You get boxlock shotguns with side plates designed to look as if they are sidelo
Jump to new posts Re: We Need Someone to Build this keyboard PLEASE! by ZeroZero @ Today at 05:07 AM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POLAR-LIGHTS-T...=item3aa13c1bcf
Jump to new posts Re: We Need Someone to Build this keyboard PLEASE! by ZeroZero @ Today at 05:04 AM

Love it Dave. Po The issue is has any manufacturer covered the high ground? I think the Kronus comes close, but the build isn't there IMO I dont think its out there Nord's have their virtues the best keybed I have found is in the 700NX, The CC2's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Software to assist in learning ? by earlofmar @ Today at 04:57 AM

Audacity will record your playing as am mp3 file or are you looking for something that translates your midi into piano score?
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 - opinions by Hendrik42 @ Today at 04:50 AM

When evaluating digital pianos, I visited a Yamaha retailer. Out of the CLP, the 535 would have been my choice. Reasons: It has technically a better action than the 525: it has three sensors per key, so that you can play a note again even if the key
Jump to new posts Re: Korg "Module" by Elkbeat @ Today at 04:37 AM

I bought Korg Module and all the expansions including the Ivory one. It sounds great but I have a big issue with velocity: I get a drastic change in sound when passing from soft touch to heavy. The change in sound rises with a spike and it is really
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: piano compositions for beginners by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 04:29 AM

I write for young students as well ... trying to fill in the gap between the earliest simple pieces until I can get them to the easier work by Mozart, Bach and the classical composers. One thing I have found is that when someone is beginning to s
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Hendrik42 @ Today at 04:25 AM

I would like to provide the samples for the new Kawai CN-35. I have downloaded the MIDI file, placed it on a USB stick and the CN-35 play it ok. I recorded the MIDI output to MP3 using the "convert to audio" function of the CN-35. I hope t
Piano Forum
Thanks mab! I'm still jumping... yes, it has 3 pedals. I'll get a technician to do the tuning a couple months or so after it arrives to its new home, and he will do all adjustments if necessary. By then I'll know if I want to change something or
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by chopin_r_us @ Today at 04:17 AM

Be an organist.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Truecrypt's take on Chopin's Barcarolle by Mark_C @ Today at 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: SlatterFan....I'm not sure what edition you are using, but all the first editions show staccato only in the octaves played by the LH, not the accompaniment part played by the RH:....The biggest clue to me is that with each littl
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Re: My performance of Chopin's Revolution Etude by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 04:15 AM

A very technially brilliant performance. Your fingers move like the wind. Now I would suggest you involve your whole body in the performance. See if you can find a performance by Lang Lang on You Tube. Yes ... he IS outrageous ... but there's
Jump to new posts Re: First digital piano after coda? by spanishbuddha @ Today at 04:11 AM

Some suggestions for console digitals would Kawai 65/67 95/97, Yamaha CLP575/585, Roland HP506, 508. For stage digitals, Kawai MP7/11, Yamaha 255, CP4, Roland FP80, RD800. But there are a lot more, and it's best to start in a store and see what yo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by Paul678 @ Today at 04:06 AM

Besides being gifted on a motor/physical level? And besides his early training and hard work? On another thread, it was mentioned he was taught to not lose contact with the keys, with his fingers. I was once taught that for fastest trilling, you s
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Interview w/Mark Polishook about learning how to Improvise by Mark Polishook @ Today at 04:06 AM

An interview with me on the Piano Cloud (a very nice website for all interested in improvisation at the piano). It's the lead post for the moment. http://thepianocloud.com/
Piano Forum
Congrats Evaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I've been watching vids of that console and it sounds very well. Bargain!! As for the action, it might feel heavier or sticky to your hands at the beginning, but you could invest a hundred having it regulated to yout likin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Software to assist in learning ? by johan d @ Today at 04:00 AM

For learning software, maybe Synthesia is something you are looking for. http://www.synthesiagame.com/ For recording your playing: Doesn't have your a digital piano recording possibilities on board? What brand/type is it. Check for it's manual.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 04:00 AM

Yes, using one's brain is not as dangerous as it might appear to be. Mindless practicing/drilling is actually detrimental.
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by PianoTom @ Today at 03:57 AM

Hi Just wondering if or when these will be available in the Australian market. Anyone heard?
Page 3 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 36 37 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai production numbers
by Radio.Octave
01/30/15 09:22 AM
mystery hammer from Steinway model L
by Alan1724
01/30/15 08:32 AM
A Question for Kawai James
by evamar
01/30/15 08:26 AM
Digital piano to grow with
by gravity blues
01/30/15 07:59 AM
The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique?
by Paul678
01/30/15 04:06 AM
Forum Stats
77923 Members
42 Forums
161059 Topics
2365855 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission