Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (alwatson, beet31425, Ben_NZ, barbaram, 14 invisible), 1071 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by coaster @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By Serge MarinkovicI agree that will be my strategy to start in a few nursing homes, libraries etc. then a master class again this year or early 2017. It will take hard work and practice playing in public. Thank you for reaffirming
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help counting this piece. by CarolNJ @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

Each eight note is one beat. As a chord in six/eight time it would be three beats per chord.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help counting this piece. by rocket88 @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

As written, count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. As chords, play the first 3 notes together, counting 1,2,3. Next the last 3 notes together, counting 4, 5, 6. ps.. what you call "boxes" are properly know in music as "measures".
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Hi everybody This is my first post on here but I have been lurking on his forum for the past year. I have learnt a lot from the great input people bring to this site so thanks to everyone. I have a question regarding the Kawai CS10 and the new Ka
Jump to new posts Re: Experiences with the Yamaha Arius 163? by lithedreamer @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

Hi Stephano, I read through the threads you made (the one you linked to, as well as the five page thread on polyphony) and checked out the DGX 660. It was definitely better than the synth action keyboards but still rather mushy and it sounded okay.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Need help counting this piece. by Okarin @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

I swear, it seems that time signatures are going to be the death of me. Well anyways, hello. I'm having trouble counting this practice piece I'm working on right now. Okay, I learned to play the piece by playing the three note groups separately, but
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Help Identifying Kohler & Campbell Vertical Piano by ApolloDiablo @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Hi, I am looking to possibly sell my Kohler & Campbell upright piano, but don't know much about it -- certainly not enough to assess it's value. Other than the company name, the only other thing I can identify on it is what looks to be a serial
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: name this tune by Finfan @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

That was definitely used in old cartoons. I don't know it's proper name though.
Piano Forum
<moving to proper forum http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2552549.html#Post2552549>
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Back From FSU! (Recital Performance) by Kenan @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

This is a re-post from a different thread because I was posting in the wrong section. Hello again! I'm back from a two week piano vacation! I've had so much fun and learned a lot at the same time. I had four people in a dorm room (including me) slee
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts So there's this thing next year... by Kenan @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

Called the Rebecca Penney's piano festival, and the good thing is I live near it, the bad thing is it seems like its a tough one to get into. 1. Virtuoso etude or virtuosic piece 2. One major work, or selection(s) from a multi-movement work 3. One
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Fantasie-Impromptu Op. 66 by BruceD @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Karl Klindworth was a pupil of Franz Liszt and his "contribution" to Chopin scholarship was his editing of a Russian edition (Jurgenson, 1873-6) of Chopin's works where Klindworth made "liberal additions to Chopin's expressions and tem
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By DamonSo... who enjoyed Clark Van Griffith's rewrite of Chopin? Do you think it hurt him with the judges? Yes, I'd guess that it hurt him, but what may have hurt him more was that it seems to me that in general he played quite u
Jump to new posts Re: Played a VAX yet? by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

This is VAX's second time around on midi controllers. Their first model a few years back was beautiful, high res midi, fast in-between feeling keyboard action that was acceptable for both piano and synth or organ parts, very editable and customizabl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So there's this thing next year... by BruceD @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Kenan: Why do you post piano performance related topics in the Piano Forum? The Piano Forum is essentially for the discussion of manufacture, marketing and maintenance of pianos. Don't your topics really belong in the Pianist Corner? Regards,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discussing stretch with a professional tuner by rysowers @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

The problem with discussing stretch, is that most people misunderstand what it is and how it affects the quality of a tuning. First, there really are two kinds of stretch. One type of stretch is what I call "natural stretch" that is created
Jump to new posts Re: Speakers amd Software (noob) by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By NoonieHi Charles, I like the sound through the headphones (they're monitor headphones, brand might be Samson). If I went the route of powered monitor loudspeakers with woofers, I'm assuming I plug these into the input jacks for
Piano Teachers Forum
There really is no finer book that covers most of the material presented in counterpoint and harmony courses than Westergaard's Introduction to Tonality. And this is "despite", only using the word harmony once in the entirety of the book.
Jump to new posts name this tune by Radio.Octave @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

Does anyone know what this is from? I got this in my head, but I can't figure out from where. Maybe a children's song or a cartoon? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1MilXP0Xls
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts . by Kenan @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

<deleted, moved to pianist corner.>
Jump to new posts Re: learning piano vs singing by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By iamandersLearning the piano and singing seem a bit different. ... Yes, quite a bit. With ten fingers, you can play big complex chords on the piano. If a singer wants chords, they need friends who also sing. Pianos, or rath
Adult Beginners Forum
I am also after a theory book. I bought Alfred's Basic Adult Theory Piano Book: Level One, but found it way too basic. It's more suitable for kids the word "Adult" in the title is misleading. Fundamentals of Piano Theory by Snell looks pro
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts 1979 Yamaha U3 by cat1971 @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

Hello, I am interested in a 1979 Yamaha U3. It was owned by a musician and then she traded it in for a baby grand. The dealer (not Yamaha certified dealer) trimmed hammer and cleaned it up for sale. I am looking for a piano for my daughter and mysel
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By Serge MarinkovicI agree that will be my strategy to start in a few nursing homes, libraries etc. then a master class again this year or early 2017. It will take hard work and practice playing in public. Thank you for reaffirming
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Eyes Closed / Lights Out / Dark Room Technique by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

I have a trashy novel on the music rest, and read it while practicing a difficult passage repeatedly (after Charles Rosen) .
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
LX-7 and vibrating a control bar
by Celdor
Today at 03:41 AM
1995 Petrof P125
by wagwagwag
Today at 01:33 AM
Downbeat tempo issues
by MaxM
Today at 12:13 AM
Charles R. Walter Pianos
by CarolNJ
Yesterday at 10:25 PM
Need help counting this piece.
by Okarin
Yesterday at 10:12 PM
Forum Stats
84,143 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,618 Topics
2,536,979 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission