Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
90 registered (Avalancheseah, AllanH, Almaviva, 25 invisible), 1068 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by sullivang @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

As we have discussed here before, Steingraeber have indeed designed an action that eliminates (or almost eliminates) the escapement notch - they have an option on some of their models that uses roller knuckles. However, not everyone likes it. Greg
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by teelions @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Part of my anxiety stems around the fact that I'm not very enamored with the music in Alfred's 2. Actually we had started with Fundamental Keys, a book I purchased and brought to my first class. Teacher decided to go with it even though she was unfam
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How many is too many instruments? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

2 is too many instruments. The less instruments you play, the better you will be at each of the instruments.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some Interesting Students this Week..... by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By pianoman9Student #1 (6 years old): He would actually nudge me with his arm when I was trying to show him how to play something, so great was his desire to play instead of just watch and listen. Fun
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By bleakI also question your statement that Asian scale designs were evolved from traditional Asian folk instruments. From a page on Perzina's website: Yang Ming, the dean of Piano Department of Central Conservatory of Music, says
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts "Y'outta Praise him" by Robert Glasper by Music Me @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Hello to all - Any body out here have a transcription of this amazing composition by Robert Glasper? It is from his recording "In My element." If anybody out here knows where I can get it, I would be forever grateful. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

How do you know no one has tried?Originally Posted By Lazerlike42If it were truly undesirable, then surely someone would have tried to eliminate it by now. Anyway, how could it be eliminated? Before letoff, the hammer is part of the mechanical load.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question about scales by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Yes, The notes of the A minor chord are A-C-E. This is what is known as the root position of the A-minor chord (with the A on the bottom) Imagine playing A-C-E-A (where the latter A is the note one octave higher than the first A) That would als
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minuet in G Bach by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDXAt least this piece doesn't have pedaling. And you absolutely nailed the aspects of what makes pieces like this so hard. think how nice will be when you'll start the real Bach and not Petzold :p :p :p :p :p
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Music name by Damon @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By Michael SayersOriginally Posted By DamonAvast blocks the first link with a threat detected. I won't try the other two. What about the signature link? It still is there . . . Webpage unavailable according to my browser.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Improvisation (this one has some markings) by JoelW @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Revised version. I removed a couple measures before the coda that I decided just don't work. It actually fits on two pages consequently.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By teelionsHere's my problem: I cannot play my learned lessons correctly when in the practice room. I fumble with the keys, speed up, slow dow, go back, forget; terrible technique! Specific items she tells me to work on, even if I
Piano Forum
@ Steve. Thanks for following up on the Kawai comment.
Piano Forum
I think you are still misunderstanding. I would consider the Hamburg Steinway as an American scale design as it produces what sound to me a robust "American" tone. While it is true that the new baldwin grands don't have the same specs as
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Many congrats!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer Imperial concert grand -- 9 extra keys question by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

What about the venerable 275? I think that has 3 extra keys.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by currawong @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By Polyphonist I'm afraid the only way to stop the thread being resurrected endlessly would be to lock it. And I don't think there's a single mod on this secluded part of Piano World. I've explained this before, but I'll try again:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 23 yo Steinway M Versus Brand New Yamaha C2X by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By StartwithBachHi All. So I tried the new C2X, and it was more than I could want! I knew that was the one when I sat down and played. I played everything from Bach to Chopin to Jon Schmidt to see how it performed. Beautiful touch,
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesNo Steve, I believe he sold the CLP-990 to buy the CA95. Cheers, James x Oh yes, that's right. If I remember correctly the advantage of the CA-95 was that all possible maintenance and adjustments could be carried ou
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuseNotice that at NO point does he ever claim that the Concerto is Bach's. Never. Originally Posted By Iori FujitaThe Italian Concert No.2 was composed by J.S.Bach.
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By pv88My opinion is that I could really care less either way as to whether or not Yamaha will end up adding a simulated "playing off of the jack" feature into their Clavinova line as I certainly will never make use of it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Tier 1 piano search - let the fun begin! by Withindale @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

Quote:Windward, you ought to add a Shigeru Kawai and an Estonia to this fine mix. Not to mention Yamaha CF4/CF6.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question about scales by Albunea @ Yesterday at 07:16 PM

But then a chord in A minor is A-C-E and also E-A-C? I am doing a tutorial of an easy Swan Lake and both were called A minor (La menor). The piece starts with E, so I understood what you said there about ending the way it starts.
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by R_B @ Yesterday at 07:15 PM

I don't waive a big JOKE sign EVERY time. It is just the SIZE MATTERS joke. At least I didn't ask for 4Gig of different velocities JUST BECAUSE 32 bits would allow it.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

No need to get bent out of shape. It's only a thread and people are obviously enjoying it or they wouldn't view it. I don't understand the animosity. Nor has Iori violated any rules. Iori is a lot more honest ... if you read what he wrote ca
Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 28 29 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Malcolm Love
by lavadisco
Today at 12:05 AM
"Y'outta Praise him" by Robert Glasper
by Music Me
Yesterday at 08:49 PM
Re-gluing Ivory Key Top
by akin
Yesterday at 05:48 PM
A question about scales
by pianoaspirant
Yesterday at 04:14 PM
Ok, let's swing Hanon #1
by rintincop
Yesterday at 03:55 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,042 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,538 Topics
2,399,785 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission