Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
142 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, A Guy, acollins, ajames, 40 invisible), 1789 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by Jytte @ Today at 01:45 PM

How did this become about general education? Apples and Oranges. There is a huge difference between 'forcing' a kid to go to school (home or otherwise), and play the piano. You need (some degree of) schooling to survive in this world (try getting a j
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: dire tonicMadi, schmadi...who needs it? USB3 works fine and the Audio Engineering Society can bleat all it wants about an 'ideal' it'll never get. Well, I did say it was professional standard - we simply don't need it. However
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do YOU count? (when practicing) by AJF @ Today at 01:37 PM

Deleted:Sorry, wrong forum.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano - future specs - what is your request? by Frédéric L @ Today at 01:36 PM

@dewster: downloadable samples and plenty of memory to put them should be very interesting; we won't need virtual pianos to enhance the sound of its piano. I may be biased: I own a 3 layers of samples piano and waiting my iLok key before purchasing
Piano Forum
I think that one feature of this combination that would interest many viewers is the program's capability of writing out the music as it is being played. In order to appreciate this, however, we need to go to YouTube and enlarge the image to full sc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by rocket88 @ Today at 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikisto P.S. In my experience, home schooled children are often among the best educated of my students. Occasionally there are weak home schooled students, and sometimes those with unsane religious beliefs (Evolution deniers
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Haessler grands by pogmoger @ Today at 01:22 PM

Rönisch pianos are still made to this day in Leipzig. Actually, the company is now owned by Blüthner, and at least until last summer, they were selling them at Blüthner in London. I see that they are no longer listed on the Blüthner UK website, so ma
Without limitations? An even better grand than the very nice one I already own. Or: An assortment of excellent, but very different, acoustic pianos. In the digital world: Let's say give me a Kawai GF action, and an improved Nord Piano engine (same i
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: turandotAnother problem is "our friend Norbert"'s statement that "getting a piano on concert stage is a battle that has long been won by Steinway." That may be true of boutique Euro brands whose small product
Piano Forum
I use these. One positioned facing forward on the floor under the tail end, and the other on the bench, propped up against the keyslip when I go out. They work and I swear by them. Best of all is that you can use regular canned air to refill them ins
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do YOU count? (when practicing) by carey @ Today at 01:08 PM

Perhaps you are making this more difficult than it really needs to be. On this particular piece really all you need to "feel" are the steady 3 beats per measure. The "ands" should take take care of themselves if you play the 8th
Originally Posted By: toddyOriginally Posted By: dire tonicUSB3 seems to work really well and it's fast. Am I missing something? Perhaps you're missing MADI. This is the standard agreed by the Audio Engineering Society for digital audio transmissi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Desynchronized notes when slowing the midi recording by piano_primo_1 @ Today at 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Andy PlattOriginally Posted By: SkyloverWell, It's happening to me when I record Liebestraum's No 3 cadenzas. It sounds perfect when I play, but when I slow down the VST recording it's a total mess, it looks like I'm playing ar
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte Initial Reactions by vidio @ Today at 01:03 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that the new OS 1.20 is now available to all for download at: http://kurzweil.com/product/forte/downloads/ This release supports half pedaling plus a whole lot of other nice improvements. Its really cool how Kurzweil
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano - future specs - what is your request? by Frédéric L @ Today at 01:00 PM

I do understand the problem with USB, but I think using SCSI or a serial link (with a specific driver) would be worse. I do have a CLP150 and its "file utility" intended to exchange file between the PC and the piano.... The software is only
Jump to new posts Re: Unimpressed with Yamaha N1 by dire tonic @ Today at 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: toddyOriginally Posted By: leafhoundUtter nonesense, a proper pp and ffff can't even be acheived on this piano. You must play jazz or something? This is a very telling question-cum-statement. It's idiotic.
Care to fill in your profile? Ian
Wants: - Uploadable sample set. - Fully sampled, no looping, no stretching, 8+ layers. - Sampled / modeled sympathetic resonance. - 76 keys (lop off top octave). - Built into hard case, just remove top and play. - Built-in stand. - Built-in music res
I'm about done with all the Steinway Ds, Bodendorfer Imperials and whatever other Grande Konzert monsters would be SO out of place in a "mere HOUSE". I can't play them at what would be their real life volume here anyway and they don't sound
Originally Posted By: Seraphmoon@anotherscott- Thank you sir. Could you recommend another board to post this on? I posted this a week or so ago on gearslutz.com, and after a dozen or so posts about how much I don't know, what a failure at life I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Elbow pain by acollins @ Today at 12:49 PM

As my practice time has become longer in recent weeks, I've developed very bad tennis elbow in both arms. I'm convinced it's from piano playing since I do nothing else particularly repetitive, and nothing that would affect both elbows at once. It doe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 12:48 PM

Fizikisto, your experiences seem more supportive of keystring's point about forcing children than your own. Perhaps the children who have been forced through conventional schooling are trained into ignorance and laziness, and the children who have b
Jump to new posts Re: Unimpressed with Yamaha N1 by toddy @ Today at 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: leafhoundUtter nonesense, a proper pp and ffff can't even be acheived on this piano. You must play jazz or something? This is a very telling question-cum-statement.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano - future specs - what is your request? by anotherscott @ Today at 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Frédéric LI think that audio on USB is normalised and suppose an implementation with a generic driver could be done. This article may interest you: http://www.edn.com/design/consumer/4376143/Fundamentals-of-USB-Audio But my p
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Trevor May @ Today at 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: lolatuTrevor - how did the keyboard actions compare? Any noticeable differences? They were very similar, to be honest. Any difference I felt could have been in my mind. They were next to a couple of Korgs (180 and 380, iirc)
Page 3 of 36 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
It's Beethoven's birthday today...
by Polyphonist
16 minutes 23 seconds ago
Elbow pain
by acollins
Today at 12:49 PM
an interesting find . . .
by Michael Sayers
Today at 11:00 AM
Choosing a Beethoven sonata
by MusicDoc
Today at 10:48 AM
Synth/Keyboard beginner need help with equipment purchase
by Seraphmoon
Today at 10:40 AM
Forum Stats
77325 Members
42 Forums
159939 Topics
2348788 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission