Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
143 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, Albert Brighten, ajames, AndrewJCW, 34 invisible), 1714 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude "Restlessness" by Stephen_Doonan @ Today at 02:50 PM

What a weird, interesting and quirky piece. I can't get that melody out of my head! Just kidding; I don't think I could memorize the melody regardless of how hard I tried. For some reason, while I found the first part of the piece a little offputtin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts ROLAND KF 7 by jskrk @ Today at 02:48 PM

Looking for help on the Melody Intelligence function. Specifically the trad and note2 tabs. What is it playing and how to set the key. I checked with Roland and they have no infoat all. Thanks
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Sarahlm @ Today at 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By scorpioSarahlm - very enjoyable, nicely done Thank you I was so unsure about posting as I didn't feel it was "perfect" enough but I did it anyway, glad you liked it
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 with GF action. by JL16 @ Today at 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By JL16Originally Posted By Kawai JamesBachus, yes, that would be rather nice, although the 'do-everything' controller market is incredibly price competitive - I wonder if using a wooden key action woul
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Goldberg variations - Glenn Gould's tempo by Svenno @ Today at 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By PlowboySvenno, you might check out Rosalyn Turecks version for another take on the tempo. I did - And i'm sorry if this sounds insulting, but I couldn't bare listening past the first few minutes. It's NOT because i'm so used t
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: A jazzy piano piece of mine.... by Stephen_Doonan @ Today at 02:41 PM

Your smooth jazz piece is very nice and pleasant to listen to. Thanks for posting the link to it. Would you mind listing the hardware, audio interface and software you used to record, produce the various tracks, and your considerations when mixing th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I acquired a Steinway A in an estate sale by shirlkirsten @ Today at 02:41 PM

Thanks, I was fortunate that my neighbor took it, and I will teach her daughter in exchange.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By fizikistoGandalf, You're judging the entire tuition based on 1 brief video that is essentially an Ad. That's not particularly fair imo. It would be like judging a 6 volume method book series based on the introductory versi
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By whoDwaldiOK, play "Flop Eared Mule" like this guy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9XWMGBRa18 (More old time than bluegrass, but a classic . . . ) Yes, that was some great fiddling! It also looked like he was playi
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 with GF action. by Marcos Daniel @ Today at 02:31 PM

If VPC is quite expensive, I don't want to think about the price of such machine
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Hi Brendan, Lovely job, all the way around. I particularly liked the Barber Nocturne transcription. That is one of Barber's most operatic songs, and needs all the color and range the piano can give. I thought your transcription worked very well i
Adult Beginners Forum
Gandalf, You're judging the entire tuition based on 1 brief video that is essentially an Ad. That's not particularly fair imo. It would be like judging a 6 volume method book series based on the introductory version of "Mary had a little
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 with GF action. by propianist @ Today at 02:17 PM

In my opinion, Kawai VPC2 ought to have... 97 keys!!!!! If VPC is intended for software pianos, that means Bosendorfers as well as Steinways, and most Bosendorfer libraries sample all 97 keys, so we want to be able to play them all please! This wou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rudolf Escher, "Arcana", a masterpiece? by laguna_greg @ Today at 02:09 PM

Do you know if this suite is still in print? It would be good to have in the library.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clp 545 Versus Kawai CA 67 by alerique @ Today at 02:02 PM

Depending on what you plan to play. Kawai is far superior for classical music due to its more natural action and somehow more responsive samples, but there are many Jazz players who would prefer Yamaha any day.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to play after 35 years ! by dogperson @ Today at 01:59 PM

Welcome HappyHelen Welcome to the forum! I am in a very similar position, returning to piano after more than a 40 year absence. I expected tearful frustration. Although certainly rocky, it was better than I thought, and yes, I did remember how to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by Grandpianoman @ Today at 01:56 PM

Hi Bill, Will do! I seemed to have never posted this piece either. This was recorded at the same time as the Debussy above. Wonderful colors etc, and at about 1:41, some wonderfully rich sounds. Also a Yamaha E-Competition file. Albeniz--Rondena f
Piano Teachers Forum
Any suggestions for a precocious student with no motivation problems. He recently played CPE Bach's Solfeggietto for a school talent show. Technically he is ahead, but obviously is not musically expressive yet. Any suggestions? Thanks
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By GanddalfI have been playing the piano for nearly 50 years and the pump organ some years before that, so I'm what you can call "an experienced amateur player". I'm not very impressed by this "system", because a
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by login @ Today at 01:50 PM

On some countries there are regulations on volume level on cinemas and entertainment venues. Take with you an SPL meter (there are apps for smartphones) and report them to the consumer protection agency or what ever oversees cinemas.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to play after 35 years ! by hreichgott @ Today at 01:48 PM

welcome back Helen Start anywhere and be patient with yourself. Some things will come back way easier than you think, others will take way longer than you think. Pieces you used to love to play, that aren't the hardest things you ever played, are t
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Hi Brendan, Great program. Outside the box, yet full of top-notch music. And hats off to you, that must have taken some endurance, an hour recital from memory with no break -- are you taking a break during the longer program?? I especially enjoyed
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by TonyB @ Today at 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By StratI worked in a movie theater when I was younger and the technology hasn't changed much if at all. There definitely was an easy way to crank the sound up or to bring it down. I had numerous complaints that the sound was way to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to play after 35 years ! by wouter79 @ Today at 01:42 PM

Get a good teacher at least to bring you back to your old level, I assume that would take a few months
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 with GF action. by Morodiene @ Today at 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By JL16Originally Posted By Kawai JamesBachus, yes, that would be rather nice, although the 'do-everything' controller market is incredibly price competitive - I wonder if using a wooden key action would make such a product too expe
Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 28 29 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering Question
by Johnny D
02/05/16 04:28 PM
Remembering Paul Bley
by Nahum
02/05/16 04:20 PM
Piano Scores/Sheet Music on Kindle?
by newbert
02/05/16 03:51 PM
Anyone heard this term?
by kpembrook
02/05/16 03:07 PM
Please help with new piano purchase
by BethRose
02/05/16 02:54 PM
Forum Stats
82,482 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,283 Topics
2,492,492 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission