Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (Aleksandre, andal, AprilE, Alexander Borro, AlexL, 36251, 31 invisible), 1273 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi Rich and welcome to PianoWorld! I'm 36 too and still a beginner myself and I would also estimate myself to be around grade 3 judging from what my teacher assigns. My teacher gave me the green light to learn River Flows in You because I really wan
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano BERLIN by sofo2000 @ Today at 07:34 AM

Jump to new posts Small piano.. by geoffgeoff @ Today at 07:33 AM

I recently acquired a 61 key Autopiano. It is not a player piano and it's not a toy. Constructed just like a full size upright, but smaller. Stands about 41" high and 38" wide. Serial number 192923. Possibly made 1917, or so. It report
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Menuet 116 JS Bach Study -- by zrtf90 @ Today at 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1Richard if you read this , take a "review " look, and add if you have time.Ooh, requests! Addenda and corrigenda! M17 is all Em. The change to B on the two unaccented beats would need a stronger reinforcem
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Importance of composers by bennevis @ Today at 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By bennevis In comparison with Chopin, Sibelius hardly gets any help in Finland, nor Grieg in Norway, nor Nielsen in Denmark. You can't miss Chopin in Poland, even if you're
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Hendrik42 @ Today at 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By Hendrik42So I did play the LX-17 today. Nice looking kit! I will not say much as being a beginner I am not very qualified, but I did expect more in terms of resonance modeling. I did not seem to be able to get more string / susta
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How did Beethoven write his music deaf? by JoelW @ Today at 07:16 AM

Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: buying a computer to put near digital piano by AndrewJCW @ Today at 07:16 AM

I'm thinking about getting something like this http://www.amazon.com/Mount--MI-705-Heig...tor+floor+stand and clamping it to the keyboard stand. Then you can grab a decent monitor (Or even 2) and position them however you want right in front of you,
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Top 20 vocal jazz standards by Greg Lloyd @ Today at 07:12 AM

HI, I would have to agree with the first 2 posts. Both have a great section for female vocal. I would add in: Round Midnight All my Tomorrows When Sunny gets Blue Anything by Ella Diana Krall have some great Arrangements too. All the best G
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Note Doesn't Ring by rXd @ Today at 07:09 AM

Often not everyone hears what one particular person hears (or doesn't hear), hearing loss or not. Length of sustain can be one of those situations. there are always minor differences. A less minor difference can become more apparent so trust your per
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts buying a computer to put near digital piano by krauster @ Today at 07:07 AM

I am a beginner, having taken music lesson for a year 55 years ago, and not played much since then. I can sort of read music. I just bought a digital piano, Casio CGP700 that I really like. Eventually I will take lessons but I have a pretty demandi
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Hendrik42 @ Today at 07:06 AM

So I could spend some minutes with the GP300 today. They even had a model of the action like Kawai has for their DP. Compared to the Kawai GFII, the whole key of the GP300 is longer, but the part in front of the pivot point is shorter. I could not me
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how much does it cost to refinish a grand these days?? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 06:46 AM

Originally Posted By Miguel ReyOriginally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By DrewBoneDon't forget, if you go with the Earl Sheib paint job, you have to mask off everything that you don't want painted I remember it well. Back in the Volkswag
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano BERLIN by PhilipInChina @ Today at 06:41 AM

We've agreed on something Rich!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Games - How do you integrate them? by Rebecca Piano @ Today at 06:40 AM

AZN piano - sorry I should have been more specific. Game techniques or rather integrating them into non-game related contexts (workplace or classroom) refers to 'gamification.' So an example of this (or rather a poor example) might include a system w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano BERLIN by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:32 AM

I also could not open that
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Better Equal Temperament Sequence? by UnrightTooner @ Today at 06:22 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Bob: After thinking about what Ed wrote, I wondered if I was missing something about what you are trying to do with your sequence. I think I am, or at least just confused. You start out by saying: "Here is a sequen
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: question on piano and other isntruments by iamanders @ Today at 06:18 AM

Originally Posted By Nahum Do not play in the same register with a guitar What does that mean? Originally Posted By Nahum Learn the guitar rhythm patterns, and use them Should I try to play strumming patterns on the piano?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Reducing my ambitions... by Rerun @ Today at 06:11 AM

Quote: ... (I don't believe in reincarnation). Belief is not required.
Jump to new posts Re: THE best headphones? by tekaeefixe @ Today at 06:03 AM

Originally Posted By SandboI can share a bit of experience here. I finally decided to settle on a Casio PX-860 which was on sale, over other more expensive models as I realized I maybe too much of a novice to spend too much money at the moment. Thi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Menuet 116 JS Bach Study -- by Medden @ Today at 05:40 AM

I just signed up for this in the Baroque Recital thread. I notice it was listed, not under J.S.Bach, but under Christian Petzold Was this piece composed by Petzold? I thought its origin was unknown. Off to read up more on Petzold.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baroque Themed Recital 2016 Sign Up Thread by Medden @ Today at 05:37 AM

To sign up to the Baroque Themed Recital, hit the quote button of the most recent post with the list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and write the composer, title and your forum name. Sign-up list: Carl Phi
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi Rich, Welcome to the forum. As another late starter who's had a go at quite a few in your list, first let me say you have excellent taste in music! Bear in mind it sometimes depends on what arrangements you use, some are simplified, some are for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ Today at 05:27 AM

My AOTW is a small but significant breakthrough on the coda section of the Mozart Rondo Alla Turca. The measures similar to this one are just starting to have that chirping character I hear listening to performances of this piece, rather than the c
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can I teach?! by keystring @ Today at 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By keystringI'm still confused. It's music, not medicine, so "patients"? being "treated"? (?) But it is already a question of principle. Here subtext by default such that as inept fa
Page 3 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 29 30 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano concerto performance criticized for LACKING VISUAL STYLE
by Svenno
11/26/15 08:55 AM
Yamaha P115, USB midi connection, what can i do with it?
by mcguiks
11/26/15 08:40 AM
by Karl Watson
11/26/15 08:05 AM
buying a computer to put near digital piano
by krauster
11/26/15 07:07 AM
Beginner - Please Rank These Pieces In Order Of Difficulty
by Rich_B
11/26/15 03:38 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,556 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,579 Topics
2,469,785 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission