Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
58 registered (apassionata, Benoit N, bennevis, 15 invisible), 1371 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by Gary D. @ Today at 01:32 AM

The discussion has moved away from pop. To me the problem with teaching music that is popular has nothing to do with the quality of the music, or the amount of good music. It has to do with copyright. As a teacher I am pretty much stuck with second
Piano Teachers Forum
Exams can be helpful or a problem according to how they are used. The question is about beginner through advanced. I would suggest a different metric: what can you learn on your own? And what do you have to get help for? When can you decide to lear
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What song came from this Mendelssohn melody? by Tango Vic @ Today at 01:21 AM

Works1 - I'm glad that you found the song, all credit to Nahum and JohnSprung. I couldn't have found Sinatra's record without a title or a fragment of the lyrics, and I knew no English back in the 50s. I identified with your search as I have myself s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Hamburg Steinway by James Guo @ Today at 01:07 AM

OH, that's interesting. I heard VAT is acutually taxes company pay to the government and since tax doesn't apply to foreigner so that means they should deduct their price as well isn't it?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Hamburg Steinway by PhilipInChina @ Today at 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By James GuoThanks, Chewbacca! It really helped a lot. Yes, I think the VAT in Germany is about 19%. And if you times the German MSRP by 81% and switch to dollar! you get a price about 77000 dollars for a model a and even if I add t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Questions about VAT by James Guo @ Today at 12:50 AM

So, a while ago I post a topic about me wanting to purchase a Hamburg Steinway from Germany. The reason I do this is besides I personally prefer more to the German ones, I can actually be excluded from the 19% Value-added Tax. Now the question comes
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By Pianonote616[...] The dealers who do rent are so far away that it wouldn't be worth it. I'm talking $4000 each way to ship it to my house and back to the store which is crazy. [...] Have you investig
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By AlmavivaOriginally Posted By LakeviewsteveBösendorfer started making a model 155 a couple years back. It is 5ft 1in. They sound amazing and are produced by hand in Vienna. I think a new one is over $30,000 though. http://w
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By huaidongxiSr.Rey, if you have a vintage Bechstein B you're starting out ahead, anyway. what are you in search for ? Bose 225 for restauration
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Avantgrand series by OrgantoPiano @ Today at 12:22 AM

I've had my N2 since July as well. I don't have any problem with the touch when I'm playing or practicing, but it becomes very different if I turn the sound off. I know that sounds weird but I had some time to kill at night, so I practiced the D flat
Jump to new posts Re: First Piano by drewr @ Today at 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By kickthetigerHi. I'm looking for a first piano. My musical background is playing the flute ...... I expect to invest a fair amount of time learning to play the piano.....I have a limited selection of instruments available to try,
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones - low volume and distortion by Gombessa @ Today at 12:09 AM

Thanks, Charles, I did exactly that. Borrowed an HD 280 Pro from work, and even with its higher 65ohm impedance, it's louder at 50% volume than my HD 201s are at 80%. And no distortion at all. Looks like it's time for me to get some new headphones
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Sweeping ? by Hi there @ Today at 12:08 AM

Hi Rintincop Thanks a million! Im going to research those keywords now
Member Recordings
Hello John Legend enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover for a paid client on the song Bridge Over Troubled Water specifically the version that John Legend played and sung in the North Sea Jazz festival 2013. Enjoy this nice arrangement https://youtu.b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Competition by Grandpants @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Never heard of Samuel Barber. I gave it listen on Youtube. Interesting. I'm drawn to pieces like that. Give a listen to Julien Libeer in "Technique does not exist"... especially his execution of Dinu Lipatti's Sonata for left hand. Just ama
Member Recordings
Hello anime enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on a new fall season anime OPENING song called "Nyanbo! にゃんぼー! " Enjoy this cute jazzy song. Piano Cover https://youtu.be/Jk-a6ygRFS4 Piano Tutorial https://youtu.be/hHFlZO
Piano Forum
Yeah, it's a significant step up from the K-300 to the K-500.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Semi-Detached House by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

Is the piano on a ground floor? If so, you'll probably be fine. My piano has always been on a ground floor. A few weeks after moving to my condo I asked my upstairs neighbor if the piano bothered him. He said, "What piano?"
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Pianonote616[...] The dealers who do rent are so far away that it wouldn't be worth it. I'm talking $4000 each way to ship it to my house and back to the store which is crazy. [...] Have you investigated this thoroughly? I ha
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: My rendition of Fur Elise by BruceD @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

Sergeidave: I think you did a fine job on this "well-known classic." I noticed only one mistake: in measure 15 (first time through) you missed one "pair" of E, D#, so that that measure is one beat short. All the other times you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Competition by Grandpants @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

I might have also mentioned that I've been practicing piano now for 57 years now, since I was 5. It was my first developed love in life. I've been through many, many pieces... classical, jazz, rock etc... but I always keep up and fall back on classic
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By LakeviewsteveBösendorfer started making a model 155 a couple years back. It is 5ft 1in. They sound amazing and are produced by hand in Vienna. I think a new one is over $30,000 though. http://www.boesendorfer.com/en/models
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Competition by Grandpants @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Hi Ilikepiano, These questions you ask about filling out the form... you will figure it out and when done will be the least of your worries. Mainly, and what caught my attention, was that you said you don't play accurately. Hmmm... and you're abo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by Dashy @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Quote: Originally Posted By DashyI'd taken a year of violin previously... This two-handed business is tough for me I'm only dreaming about violin. It is in my plan (probably for next life). So I am just curious: are you saying that violin is "on
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts My rendition of Fur Elise by Sergeidave @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Hi guys, Here's my attempt to perform this well known classic: Fur Elise, by Ludwig Van Beethoven. My technique is a bit rusty... I plan to comeback to serious piano practice again. Let me know what you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UwX_Y
Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
RockSchool: What did you choose are your 'choice pieces' ?
by Matt101
09/28/16 04:38 AM
Questions about VAT
by James Guo
09/28/16 12:50 AM
Suggestions for technical work books?
by mylynn
09/27/16 10:24 PM
Adult Practice Help
by USMCGRUNT
09/27/16 10:00 PM
How to play Debussy's La Fille Aux De Lin bar #6 last chord
by briandang
09/27/16 08:00 PM
Forum Stats
85,090 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,385 Topics
2,558,695 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission