Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
153 registered (Abby Pianoman, accordeur, alfredo capurso, ajames, Almaviva, 35 invisible), 1592 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by ando @ Today at 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By R_BIt is at least POSSIBLE to get all tied up with GAS and be on an eternal quest for the "ultimate". There is MUCH evidence of this in the various sub forums devoted to "acoustic" pianos. Various brand names
Piano Teachers Forum
I saw the film again last night: instead of watching it along with 3 other people, as I did the first time, I watched it along with 13 other people. A guess that's a groundswell for our field. Anyway, it held up a second time, and has a lovely aura
Pianist Corner
Thank you Joe80 for your input. I actually learned and performed both Sonatas Op.31-2 and 31-3 just recently. I spent about 4 months on each from first learning the notes to memorizing all movements and performing them in public recital (while wor
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Hakkijoe, Grieg and Mendelssohn can be FIRST concertos for young pianists. But, for MP who is an adult, these two are not good choices as a FIRST concerto. May I ask you to elaborate on that, please? Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to assess difficulty of a song? by Arngr @ Today at 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By Arngr Are there other quick ways of getting an indication of what the difficulty of a song is. You could try playing it. When asking for a quick way, it's implicit that it should take less time than
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By nhpianosThe recording quality isn't quite as good, and there are a lot more mistakes <g>, but I think it's the best of the WoO sets, hands down. Beethoven 24 Variations on "Venni Amore" by Righini WoO 65 (1790)
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by R_B @ Today at 12:55 PM

It is at least POSSIBLE to get all tied up with GAS and be on an eternal quest for the "ultimate". There is MUCH evidence of this in the various sub forums devoted to "acoustic" pianos. Various brand names and design minutia again
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by Abby Pianoman @ Today at 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By maurusDear all, so far I have not heard a single recording which actually proved a serious sound issue in the MP11. What I have heard are recordings of various phenomena that abound in acoustic pianos, and that might be amplified
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by Abby Pianoman @ Today at 12:51 PM

I like Maurus' comments above.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by Chris Storch @ Today at 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTF3A3=F3A4 and A3C4=C4A4, then A3A4 is a pure 4:2/pure6:3, I'm sorry to say that this occurrence is outside the realm of my experience in aurally tuning octaves within the midrange of pianos.
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:47 PM

They can't exist in the same piano, string combination. You see? You can only get one to work out. That's what gives you feedback on what the scaling is like. From knowing the scaling, we can determine the ideal m3/M3 relationship in that area of t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hava Nagila by Charles Cohen @ Today at 12:41 PM

Nahum -- That's a much nicer approach musically -- . . . but it's _much_ harder to play! You have a nice semi-staccato bass line, syncopated against the melody, with the LH moving freely around the keyboard. That's not easy for a beginner to hand
Pianist Corner
joe, Grieg and Mendelssohn can be FIRST concertos for young pianists. But, for MP who is an adult, these two are not good choices as a FIRST concerto.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ivers and pond #25,157 by BDB @ Today at 12:39 PM

Dates about 1901. It would probably be difficult to sell at any price.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ivers and pond #25,157 by Broddiger @ Today at 12:37 PM

It's a 6' baby grand without a tech inspection. We know the soundboard is cracked. My parents need it out of the living room to free up some space.
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by BDB @ Today at 12:35 PM

Quote:if F3A3=F3A4 and A3C4=C4A4, then A3A4 is a pure 4:2/pure6:3, if F3A3=F3A4 and A3C4 is much faster than C4A4, then A3A4 is a pure 4:2/very narrow 6:3, Those sentences are either contradictory or have nothing to do with tuning octaves.
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By UnrightTooner Mark: Sorry, I could not get the audio part of the survey to work. I'll try it on another computer some other time. Try a different browser. Quote: This sentence in your post is very significant to me and what I
Pianist Corner
Beethoven 3 is a good concerto to learn. It's not harder than the sonatas Op.31 for instance (except no.3 which is easiest out of the group), and it's way easier than the Waldstein sonata. Grieg is an absolutely beautiful concerto, so don't discoun
Help Wanted / Positions Wanted (Employment)
Looking for piano teachers/students from different countries to translate the http://haostaff.com website homepage into your native language (from English). Chinese already done. Someone is already doing Russian. Looking for ALL other languages. Paid
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 USB recording length issues by rungabic @ Today at 12:27 PM

Hi James, I really appreciate your detailed response to my post, and I know you understand that I'm not trying to make mountains out of molehills. Obviously, it's not likely anyone will need to record for hours...nevertheless, I've definitely discov
Piano Forum
Baldwins are a bigger problem. Baldwin made several lines of piano, all with the "Made by Baldwin" medallion in the plate, and the lower quality pianos were often refinished and a Baldwin decal placed on the fallboard. But true Baldwins wer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left/right hand independence by rocket88 @ Today at 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By NahumAny similar approach suitable: play loud one hand, and the other quietly; play with one hand legato, other staccato . These are advanced abilities that many people can do only when they already have basic hand independence
Jump to new posts Re: Sound difference? by Maths @ Today at 12:26 PM

DP, kawai, Roland... ... And all the piano jargon went straight over my head, paradice.
Pianist Corner
Boo1234, I am not too familiar with Beethoven Concerti 1 & 2 but I will check them out. I just listened the first movement of 2nd concerto. I don't have the music in front of me but it does not sound too hard. I will research more on this one.
Jump to new posts Re: Self Taught Musician Considering The Yamaha MOXF8 by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 12:22 PM

Yes, the complexity increases to very challenging levels if you integrate it into Cubase and also start mixing different manufacturers gear, e.g. adding Native Instruments Machine2 and various software components into the same project mix. If I stay
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 27 28 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
name that tune....
by paradice
27 seconds ago
BBC RADIO 4 - "Saving Gazas Piano"
by bluebilly
5 minutes 8 seconds ago
Yamaha N1 Delivered!/First Impression
by Michiyo-Fir
26 minutes 0 seconds ago
Petri playing the Bach-Busoni St. Anne Prelude and Fugue . .
by Michael Sayers
Today at 01:37 PM
Alfred's Piano Methods
by Celdor
Today at 05:09 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,662 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,723 Topics
2,388,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission