Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
179 registered (Agfinguy, accordeur, A Guy, 49 invisible), 1725 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by TimR @ Today at 09:00 AM

Originally Posted By John v.d.BrookFor social occasions, all students should learn at least these three: Happy Birthday Auld Lang Syne Star Spangled Banner (US students) At least that's what we do here. To that excellent US list I'd add one sug
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you protect your fingers/hands (or not)? by hreichgott @ Today at 08:59 AM

I probably should avoid doing all of the following: Driving more than 10 mins. at a time (it takes a long time to get my thumb muscles to release after gripping a steering wheel for that long) Helping 6-year-olds get on their sleds Shoveling snow Ch
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ Today at 08:56 AM

I've decided the next pieces I'm going to go after. Keeping with Purcell I'm tackling Suite in G Major all four pieces I've started Prelude this morning just the first 3 of 10 bars. Then it'll go Almand, Corant then Minuet. Tell you one thing abou
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Well, as usual; Yes, no and maybe. Both types have to run on computers that aren't always the latest and fastest, so some techniques are used to "cover" for that. As I understand it the first portion of samples from the middle four octaves
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Mazurka Op 50 # 3 by pianoloverus @ Today at 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By Cinnamonbear And as to strict rhythm, it's over-rated. Especially in a Mazurka! (Do not forget, people, that before the Mazurka e-cital came along, I did not know Mazurkas even existed. I read an article, played five of them,
Jump to new posts Re: Specs on paper vs overall sound by WillMedic @ Today at 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By maurusre Lester: It simply depends whether you prefer closed or half open headphones. I'm in the latter camp since I find it unnatural to play the piano completely sealed against other noises around me - thus AKG K240 for me (pre
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by chopinoholic @ Today at 08:42 AM

Good job everyone for already recording. Will try and record this weekend the second novelette. The piece needs work though so I'll have some wrecks, pauses, page turns, etc. But It'll give me an idea how it will sound. I think I'm up to the "Ä
Jump to new posts Re: Got a Kawai MP11 by 9190 @ Today at 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By krikorikAs many here, I'd preferred a GF action on a VPC2 wit a flat top case.The same here, but I'd preferred GF2 action on a VPC2 which I'm waiting for. And of course, flat top case, I don't like curved top surface on VPC1 with
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by yonatan @ Today at 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By Philip_JohnstonLFYM - I'm adding to this because you mentioned you were a classical pianist. All the videos below were recorded using the Garritan CFX, and are designed to test the credibility of the instrument as a classical
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Mazurka Op 50 # 3 by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 08:28 AM

LOL! Well, I went back and listened again this morning, and what *I* hear in the opening statement is an intro that gets the dancers into position. It is a "ready, set, here's where we're going... GO!" I think it's perfect, and wouldn't
Well... hmm, the sample based software listens for MIDI, calls for the samples, then plays the sound and goes through DA conversion. Potential for bottle-neck here would be the speed of the hard disk (spinning or SSD) or speed of the RAM if being s
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Mazurka Op 50 # 3 by nhpianos @ Today at 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusTwo examples of the rhythmic distortion I'm talking about(there are many more): 1. The opening phrase in the RH is not in time...the 4 eighth notes are played much too fast. 2. The opening of the second theme with the
Originally Posted By maurusOriginally Posted By R_BI messed around with layering pianoteq and a sample player. For VERY SLOW playing there appeared to be a "richness" of sound, but fast staccato single notes seemed to have an echo. I didn't
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by Moonsh1ne @ Today at 08:11 AM

Had to skip yesterday to attend a concert by Hamelin.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by Ben Crosland @ Today at 08:08 AM

I would agree that it is important to encourage aural skills, however, I choose to prioritise reading skills in the first couple of years, otherwise the student is more likely to hit a reading barrier that can pose as a significant threat to motivati
Jump to new posts Re: Specs on paper vs overall sound by maurus @ Today at 07:59 AM

re Lester: It simply depends whether you prefer closed or half open headphones. I'm in the latter camp since I find it unnatural to play the piano completely sealed against other noises around me - thus AKG K240 for me (preferring the MkII over the M
- yes, but the 'room' rather than the 'hall'.
Originally Posted By R_BI messed around with layering pianoteq and a sample player. For VERY SLOW playing there appeared to be a "richness" of sound, but fast staccato single notes seemed to have an echo. I didn't get into it, but I think t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 3 against 2. How to learn, practice? by verqueue @ Today at 07:50 AM

One of the Nouvelles etudes by Chopin is based on 3 against 2 if I remember correctly. I don't know your level, so can't tell if it's managable for you.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland & Lang Lang by maurus @ Today at 07:48 AM

Oh well. (Must quickly throw one of these low-cost recordings of an uneven piano played by Sviatoslav Richter into the CD tray .)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tiffany Poon plays Beethoven Moonlight Sonata by verqueue @ Today at 07:47 AM

Where is an ignore topic option?...
Jump to new posts Roland & Lang Lang by bennevis @ Today at 07:42 AM

Anyone seen this blurb from Roland in their mailbox? http://www.roland.co.uk/blog/lang-lang-and-roland-inspiring-the-next-generation-of-pianists Roland partnering with the world's most famous classical pianist to inspire children. I was at his p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 3 against 2. How to learn, practice? by ster100 @ Today at 07:41 AM

Thanks all for reactions. But witch piece can i use to exercise? Not to difficult please. A simpel piece i think. A pdf somewhere?
In re-reading the root post - and then the replies... I get the idea that we may have been "talking past" the original poster. My "GUESS" is that what is missing from the desired "lovely ringing tones of an acoustic Steinway
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by malkin @ Today at 07:16 AM

Way to go, sino! I am having trouble finding a sweet spot for the microphone and setting recording parameters that are not overdriven by the section of big chords. The good news is that at least I am changing dynamic level.
Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 34 35 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Attention Costco Canada Shoppers......
by Tone Deaf
11 minutes 39 seconds ago
Where to Get Replacement Pedals for my 1929 Steinert Grand
by Seeker
Today at 09:44 AM
Roland & Lang Lang
by bennevis
Today at 07:42 AM
Moving on from mistakes.
by Medden
Today at 04:41 AM
Ólafur Arnalds & Alice Sara Ott - The Chopin Project
by vers la flan
Today at 01:14 AM
Forum Stats
78,322 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,880 Topics
2,377,407 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission