Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
74 registered (36251, Al LaPorte, A Cerulean State, anotherscott, AndrewJCW, ando, 26 invisible), 983 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Congrats Manuel: another one of your many accomplishments with this great make! We both pursue some similar and perhaps also some different ideals with our pianos but this is good and the way the market should be. There's the "right" pia
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "steel" frames? by Norbert @ Today at 01:34 AM

I think instead of talking about "steel frames" of one sort or another, it is perhaps more fruitful to understand how cast iron frames are made in today's industry. The basic difference is quite obviously V-Pro versus grey-sand-casting. An
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double-striking keys on Petrof II grand by Tunewerk @ Today at 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By HansC2And to be honest, optimizing let off, drop etc. is not a hard thing to to. I can do that myself. Optimizing friction, repetition spring tension and back checking requires experience. That's where I need a good piano technic
Adult Beginners Forum
I just uploaded a new take so I dropped at the end of the list - and I think it won't be the final version. No mistakes and no squeaks, but the clarinet was completely out of breath in the second half
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Quote: . . .However, after spending the whole afternoon today assembling the piano and on trying the keys, there were two keys when hit hard they made a strange sound, sort of like something vibrating (very clear with the piano off, audible with pian
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by outo @ Today at 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By TX-Bluebonnet Originally Posted By outoYou say your teacher treated you like a child. Well...that happens with mine too. Sometimes I act a bit like a child and then she treats me as such. But then other times I feel she talks to
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By rocket88Originally Posted By AndrewJCWWell, I guess because this isn't a teaching website, it's a forum for people to talk on. If you're having a lot of trouble with direction and pacing as a self teaching beginner I'd recommend
Adult Beginners Forum
Who would make those guidelines? After all there are so many ways to teach and so many methods to train... Of course one can make a selection of pieces and exercises, but playing isn't so much about what you do but how you do. I guess it often goes
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Legato Thirds Difficulty by outo @ Today at 12:47 AM

It's not only about strengthening 4th finger, it's also about learning to keep the whole hand in balance and using the wrist in a very refined way, at least for those of us who have very uneven finger lengths or otherwise a complicated hand shape. Th
Jump to new posts Re: Concert tuning or not by BDB @ Today at 12:46 AM

I have had to tune some very iffy pianos for concerts: CP60, 70, 80, and Helpinstills are among the most difficult to tune well, and they have been used for important concerts.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by keystring @ Today at 12:44 AM

Checking basics/ going through basics - is good. The Every Good Boy approach is something that personally I don't like (for a reason) but some people still use that methodology.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hands shaking by outo @ Today at 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By bennevis If you don't understand anything, it's better to say nothing. (It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt). OT but if people actually followed that advice the internet wo
Jump to new posts Re: Concert tuning or not by daniokeeper @ Today at 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTJoe. Yes, that's my understanding. Of course, if a tech has only one speed... I agree, Mark. We should all have only one speed.. To do the best we can with what we're given. If this forum is a representativ
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble with Learning Some Aspects of Jazz by Nahum @ Today at 12:17 AM

The problem is solved by simply changing of fingering: (Starting from the upper G) 5,4-4(slipping) , 3,1, 4,2,1 . In addition, while playing fast runs it is necessary relieve the pressure of fingers, otherwise it will sound louder - what exactly h
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: New to Jazz by AndrewJCW @ Today at 12:15 AM

You might enjoy listening through some of the tracks listed here. http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/showthread.php?43449-Playlists-for-Newcomers-to-Jazz
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fascinating review of the history of Equal Temperament by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:07 AM

I'm surprised no one has any comments about this podcast, good or bad.
Jump to new posts Re: Fascinating Discussion of the History of ET. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:05 AM

Nobody has any comments on the podcast? Not even the part about the M3 signifying a man's ejaculation and the m3 symbolizing the woman's submissiveness? A-ha! You didn't listen to the whole thing, did you? See what you missed?
Jump to new posts Re: Concert tuning or not by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:02 AM

Joe. Yes, that's my understanding. Of course, if a tech has only one speed...
Jump to new posts Re: Concert tuning or not by daniokeeper @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

I'm not disagreeing with anything written above... Just adding another perspective. I have heard the term "concert tuning" used differently. Many years ago, it was common practice for *some* tuners to set the temperament on the lower qua
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by raubucho @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

This piano bar is irresistible. It has become a regular stop for me. Thank you, Glen, candlelightpiano, Ed, and Sor for these contributions, as well as for all your past offerings. I'm sure many more of us than just the ones who post comments come h
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you everybody! I learned lots.
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you everybody!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: New to Jazz by Bellyman @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

It would only be a little piece of the puzzle but there are some Dick Hyman videos on youtube that you might enjoy where he's talking and demonstrating numerous styles of some of the greats of jazz.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

Hey everyone! I'm working 2 pieces right now, Go Down, Moses and Scarborough Fair. I have GDM mostly done, just needs a little polishing. I don't really care for the pedaling in that one. Doesn't really seem necessary to pedal after playing a half n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by Rickster @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your new child, (pending a day or two ), and congrats on the piano! I hope you can get the piano tuned and sounding good for you and the rest of your family, especially the new baby! Rick
Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Live piano music in restaurant - thinking Christmas
by Bellyman
Yesterday at 09:27 PM
Casio AP-450, strange sound when a few keys are pressed
by Sandbo
Yesterday at 07:43 PM
Glissando question
by FrankCox
Yesterday at 06:56 PM
Why are there no guidelines for beginners and averages.
by ster100
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
Arabian piano music
by Aly Baracat
Yesterday at 05:51 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,611 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,659 Topics
2,441,827 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission