Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by musicpassion @ Today at 12:19 AM

Such sad news. He is already missed. Most sincere condolences to all.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt - La Leggierezza by argerichfan @ Today at 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: doctor S However, out of dozen or so professional recordings I've heard of it, Farnadi might be near the top. Of those 'professional recordings', how many did not use the 'ossia'? Just curious. Quote:And CanCakmur could pla
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by adamp88 @ Today at 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: SemeiI think it is a typo. 16 pianos X 25 minutes = less then 7 hours. It should be 55 minutes per piano, which is closer to the ball park. You forgot to account for the distance between pianos.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: wimpiano I considered it kind of recital ready though my teacher just told me we're only getting started and need to start working on improving rhythm and accents. Isn't that both fascinating and frustrating? To play the piece
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by Jtreimer @ Today at 12:00 AM

Do some pianos need driver software? Just like computers need drivers in order to use a specific piece of hardware?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The myth of the 10000 hours rule. by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

Perhaps when I completed my 10,000 hrs, I might give Fur Elise another go
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ack! My piano is diseased! by jazzyprof @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

In that case she gets to stay home from school and practice all day!
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by David Farley @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

I'm out of ideas. I did notice, when googling around, people complaining specifically about iPad Air and/or iOS 8 not detecting MIDI keyboards and other devices for no reason that anybody could determine. And in some cases MIDI devices that worked be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tackle my goal. by Batuhan @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

train your ear and get harmony & figured bass & counterpoint lessons
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ack! My piano is diseased! by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: jazzyprofOriginally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes"Moommmm! My eyes itch! I kept having to rub my eyes all day at school and while I was practicing." I looked at her, and she's got a raging case of conjunctivitis in both
would you want something potentially portable or another piece of furniture? you may want to look at a portable with a stand and speakers. as for computer midi hookup thats pretty much a standard with all decent digitals. if you can try to find a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ack! My piano is diseased! by jazzyprof @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes"Moommmm! My eyes itch! I kept having to rub my eyes all day at school and while I was practicing." I looked at her, and she's got a raging case of conjunctivitis in both eyes. It could also be an a
Jump to new posts Re: New Ribs on an OLD board ?? by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

I think what we are seeing is ribs placed on top of an old soundboard, which still has the original ribs glued on. Any conclusions about the shape of the old soundboard are just speculations. It may be that the old soundboard is just a pattern for a
By sensitivity, I mean the ability to play a note slowly and lightly, and STILL have the note sound. My Richmond has decent tone and repeatability, but like most uprights, if you play a very ppp piece, you can sometimes get a "ghost" note
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: ClsscLibOriginally Posted By: PlowboyOriginally Posted By: ClsscLib My teacher is not teaching me any theory. You need a new teacher. As I said before, it's not entirely her doing. In the limited time I have available for pi
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by Jtreimer @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

The Piano is brand new, I wouldn't imagine it having a USB issue. I guess I could try a different A to B Cable. The USB Camera Adapter worked No problem. The Synthesia Website says that any OS that is iOS 5 and above should work. I currently Have iOS
Jump to new posts Re: Something is missing... by rknight5 @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

OP, Please tell me which stand you're using.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 'Classical music revamps image to attract younger audience' by Francisco Scalco @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: anamnesisOriginally Posted By: patHOriginally Posted By: BruceDWhy would we want to bring classical music to young people "on their terms"? If they are encouraged to behave "like in a rock concert" what happ
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ack! My piano is diseased! by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ChopinLives81Originally Posted By: careyYuck. Time to disinfect the piano keys. Ah - the joys of parenthood !! Pfft... Someone here has never played a Chopin etude while wearing a Hazmat suit... Amateurs... Well, conj
Jump to new posts Re: Mixer for live-use by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

What is the source of the hum, I wonder? USB? Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by malkin @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Furtwangler Personally, I had hoped the diagnosis was wrong. Marty was such a wise guy, I hoped it was going to be another elaborate and clever Marty event. Quote:This really, really, really sucks. Yep. And this is from t
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuning career prospects 2014 by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT Gone are the days when a mediocre piano technician could make an easy living working three drays a week. Wow, there used to be days like that? What decade(s) was that? How many pianos did they have to tun
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tackle my goal. by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

I don't think there are any shortcuts to what you want to do. It's composing: . . . You sit at the piano, and play slowly, until what you play . . . corresponds to what you're hearing in your head. The "academic" approach would involve &
Adult Beginners Forum
I think a lot of the comments already nailed it. While I haven't really put much effort or practice in it yet (I intend to soon though), I think playing piano through the Fakebook method is a fine thing. As others mentioned, it can really help you de
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ack! My piano is diseased! by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM

I know, right? Yikes. And here I had been annoyed that she had not managed to find time to practice over the weekend. Good thing, because she was clearly incubating something. Thank goodness for blessings in disguise. In fact, I said this mor
Page 3 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Original method for harmonic hearing development
by Nahum
Today at 03:19 AM
First Digital Piano - Advice needed
by chicobalay
Today at 02:37 AM
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
Who's Online
62 registered (András Lieber, angga888, barbaram, 14 invisible), 1030 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158395 Topics
2325947 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission