Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by outo @ 10/23/14 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Goomer PilesI think topics like this reflect and encourage low-effort thinking. Any composer who lived long enough would likely have a body of work big enough that there's sufficient variety for anybody to find something to lik
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some Questions About "Piano Magic" by newbert @ 10/23/14 09:12 AM

Thanks for the informative reply, Rerun! I signed up for Piano Magic last night and plan to start my journey later today. I can't set aside playing from sheet music totally right now, since I want to participate in next month's recital with a piece
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by 8 Octaves @ 10/23/14 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Ataru074Originally Posted By: 8 Octaves I always say you should perform something you've memorized as it is the custom for piano recitals. However, even in live student recitals (for my children), I've seen a few students perfo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos by Rich Galassini @ 10/23/14 09:05 AM

Joey Calderazzo is a jazz pianist and member here at PW. PM him for his experiences with Lindeblad. I am not sure if he has published them here.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grigory Sokolov releases album by wr @ 10/23/14 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoI heard this last night on the radio and thought you might be interested. http://www.deutschegrammophon.com/us/gpp/index/grigory-sokolov-signing "His first album for the Yellow Label, a recital of works by Mozart
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 10/23/14 09:01 AM

Chasingrainbows, You might have missed it but I asked you this question earlier and saw no response so I will post it again. Did you play examples of your rebuilders work that met your expectations? I hope all gets resolved well for you. Dead sound
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Revolutionary Etude by Works1 @ 10/23/14 09:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Hakkihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxpP8K9H6Jk I play this at the indicated tempo and as an etude. But this makes it rather dry and lifeless You better play it slower but with more drama. Your friends will like it more that w
Originally Posted By: OlekHere is what I call the pinched tone : http://youtu.be/-VdACbRfrSI No way to modulate the tone, unless the UC pedal is used. Each unison is saturating in the attack even at ppp. Of course the tone get better after some pl
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by bkw58 @ 10/23/14 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: rxdI continue to discover tha vastly different ways in which different people hear the same thing. Not only are there more differences than we think but more differences than we can think. This is before we consider the woeful
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Uneven piano keys by shah @ 10/23/14 08:57 AM

I was trying an acoustic piano this afternoon when I noticed a couple of keys ended up higher then they should, making the whole set of keys looked uneven. I had to press the said keys down to correct them to their initial position. This did not happ
Here is what I call the pinched tone : http://youtu.be/-VdACbRfrSI No way to modulate the tone, unless the UC pedal is used. Each unison is saturating in the attack even at ppp. Of course the tone get better after some playing may be in the middle
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by Goomer Piles @ 10/23/14 08:45 AM

I think topics like this reflect and encourage low-effort thinking. Any composer who lived long enough would likely have a body of work big enough that there's sufficient variety for anybody to find something to like - or something to hate - and whi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by wimpiano @ 10/23/14 08:34 AM

Ok, before multiple people start doing the same thing: I have already volunteered to write an FAQ and written it. I have asked Monica K, Mr SH and Casinitaly to provide feedback.
Jump to new posts Re: Explanation article - False Beats by Withindale @ 10/23/14 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Olekbosse, sorry, it is a lump, a bump. (dont know where I did get that "hop" from Ah, I was thinking about chiselling away at a dent or dimple but a bump is an entirely different matter. So is a "beump",
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
volume is not high on these. At ~12kg something's gotta go and the drivers are pretty small. place it against a wall to get a bit more sound.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Greener @ 10/23/14 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By: GreenerThat is not the approach I would take. ... Well, if that isn't an approach you like, and you want a completed FAQ for review, then thanks for volunteering to do that Greener. actually
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by wr @ 10/23/14 08:25 AM

I'm not very sure what "like" has to do with the fine arts, such as classical music. Yes, it can be in there as one of a lot of different personal responses, but why would it matter more than, say, "appreciate", "admire"
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grigory Sokolov releases album by Frito @ 10/23/14 08:25 AM

What do we need to do to get him to come to the US?
To answer the original question, ... no, not by me anyway. 'Good solid equal temperament, and clean octaves = no complaints and a few compliments.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos by bkw58 @ 10/23/14 08:18 AM

Lindeblad is a good company. In believe all work is done on site (no brokering). www.lindebladpiano.com (888) 587-4266 101 US Highway 46 Pine Brook, New Jersey 07058 They rebuild fine pianos from all across North America. I have no experience wi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by jdw @ 10/23/14 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFive There is one part of Brahms I really don't understand from the German Requiem, when he portrays the dead being raised. The music is full of energy (dare I say, anger?). I jokingly interpreted it as the dead being ra
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ 10/23/14 07:35 AM

Life continues to be very busy, but a bit more pleasantly so rather than frenetically so! After the disappointment of last week, I had a much better lesson this week - I'm back on track. Thanks again for all the encouragement!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Ataru074 @ 10/23/14 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: 8 Octaves I always say you should perform something you've memorized as it is the custom for piano recitals. However, even in live student recitals (for my children), I've seen a few students perform with music. They always se
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by casinitaly @ 10/23/14 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoIf all goes well this won't have to be discussed anymore. I don't want to speak before my turn so please, have some patience. About this thing in particular: Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesI've seen a few students perfo
Pianist Corner
I'm sort of glad to hear that highly accomplished pianists find this difficult! Makes me feel a bit better about not being able to whip things up in a hurry. People do seem to assume that I'll be able to play things of similar difficulty to stuff I
Page 30 of 31 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
10/25/14 03:17 AM
Prelude
by noobpianist90
10/25/14 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
10/24/14 11:57 PM
Communication outside of lessons
by Arghhh
10/24/14 10:23 PM
What is this piece?
by JoelW
10/24/14 09:54 PM
Who's Online
61 registered (beeboss, Beemer, András Lieber, AZNpiano, ando, 13 invisible), 1063 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76645 Members
42 Forums
158486 Topics
2327450 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission