Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about finger reach! by David Farley @ 07/24/14 05:57 PM

John Thompson has a surprising (to me) amount of three-clef pieces in his red books. I didn't do the Thompson method when I was a kid, and don't recall encountering much of any three-clef keyboard music until I started studying organ.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Good popular and classical songs for a piano gig? by Art_Vandelay @ 07/24/14 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony RomoOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistFur elise and Fantasy impromptu are really good songs. Yes to Fantasy Impromptu. Think that Fur Elise might be too cliched at this point. Fantasie Impromptu is just as clichéd. I
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Keith Emerson Playing NY in October! by Piano World @ 07/24/14 05:52 PM

Our good friend and long time forum member, concert pianist Jeffrey Biegel just posted some info about this concert on Facebook. Kathy and I hope to make this one, if we can get a good dog sitter and find a hotel that doesn't cost as much as a car.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Halloween Fantasy by Nikolas @ 07/24/14 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: currawongIf Axtremus were a one-off, flit-in-flit-out poster, then perhaps. But he's a very long-standing member with a significant contribution at PW. Exactly that! I'll be honest that these were my exact thoughts, but I decid
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Halloween Fantasy by currawong @ 07/24/14 05:48 PM

If Axtremus were a one-off, flit-in-flit-out poster, then perhaps. But he's a very long-standing member with a significant contribution at PW.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS7 + VST Instruments by Starboard @ 07/24/14 05:43 PM

I don't have personal experience with the FCB1010 so I can't speak very knowledgably about it specifically--it was just high in the search rankings for MIDI foot controllers--but the manual linked on the product page seems pretty thorough. It shows
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: BDBSo if you have an instrument like an organ, which produces pure sine waves, there would be no beats between 174.6 and 220, and you could not tune it, because there are no partials. Harmonics are a subset of partials. A Maj
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Sweet06 @ 07/24/14 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: SaranoyaOriginally Posted By: Sweet06To say that people enjoy music because of flaws I can't really get on board with. I think its just a defensive mechanism because we CAN'T be perfect, not because we SHOULDN'T strive for it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by maurus @ 07/24/14 05:32 PM

Bösendorfer's production now is in Wiener Neustadt (south of Vienna), a Bösendorfer piano salon remains in the Musikverein Building in central Vienna, see http://www.boesendorfer.com/en/company.html
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Michael Sayers @ 07/24/14 05:31 PM

Here is a link to the paper on that research. A little time was needed to find it: http://www.speech.kth.se/music/5_lectures/askenflt/askenflt.html
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Sweet06 @ 07/24/14 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Sweet06 One thing that was said was the sound a piano will make is solely determined by how hard or soft the hammer hits the string... basically the velocity of the hammer is what creates the sound.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Michael Sayers @ 07/24/14 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Sweet06 One thing that was said was the sound a piano will make is solely determined by how hard or soft the hammer hits the string... basically the velocity of the hammer is what creates the sound.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by malkin @ 07/24/14 05:22 PM

Very fun! I like "How do you solve a problem like A major?"
Piano Forum
700 pounds is 700 pounds, whether it is a piano or four 166 pound people. You can easily fit four people in the space where a grand piano will fit.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by 88 Fingers Jeff @ 07/24/14 05:17 PM

Reminds me of a line from the Honeymooners... Ed Norton: "Boy, these flowers had me fooled. They're real! I mean it, they're almost as good as the artificial ones."
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 25 Vintage Steinways by Keith D Kerman @ 07/24/14 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed FooteOriginally Posted By: Keith D Kerman Maybe Ed is a way better negotiator than I am, but I buy a lot of Steinways and I spend more on good quality rebuild candidates than this. Maybe luckier. I don't buy a lot of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by Michael Sayers @ 07/24/14 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Art_VandelayC# minor. There's just something special about it. Sometimes I "see sharp", other times I can "be flat" .
So if you have an instrument like an organ, which produces pure sine waves, there would be no beats between 174.6 and 220, and you could not tune it, because there are no partials.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by Verbum mirabilis @ 07/24/14 05:08 PM

Didn't Hamelin say this is (one of? )the hardest piece(s) he's ever played?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about finger reach! by MALDI_ToF @ 07/24/14 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Plopsy That's the mistake I was making, I've always assumed that treble clef is right hand and bass clef is left hand. The only time I've seen sheet music with three clefs was with an extra one for vocals! Thanks for the tips
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro by Art_Vandelay @ 07/24/14 05:02 PM

Good point. As impressive as the cadenzas are, in terms of overall importance to the piece I would place them last. I would rather hear a bad cadenza than a poorly phrased melody.
Originally Posted By: jim ialeggioThanks for your description. Unless I'm understanding your description wrong, which of course is entirely possible ( pictures are really helpful in something this simple ), it sounds as if the end goal of what 443
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An Apology to Rich Galassini & Cunningham Music by Karl Watson @ 07/24/14 04:59 PM

Friends: For those of you who have NOT played one of the new Cunningham grands, I can attest that during a brief visit to the shop and showrooms some ten months ago, I played a new 5'11" grand that bore no resemblance to any other Asian piano o
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky, Poem No. 1, "Devotion" by RachFan @ 07/24/14 04:59 PM

Hi Chris, Great to hear from you! Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate it! This is the first time I've played Godowsky's music. This piece is a true gem, so I definitely paid attention to playing the long line to get the sense of "sweep&q
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by Art_Vandelay @ 07/24/14 04:58 PM

C# minor. There's just something special about it.
Page 30 of 36 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
129 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, ajames, 37 invisible), 1856 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75528 Members
42 Forums
156188 Topics
2293624 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Replacing a treble string-Steinway B-under the bass strings
by Greg the Piano Tuner
07/26/14 11:47 AM
New set of studies probing Does Practice Make Perfect?
by music32
07/26/14 11:25 AM
Toyama Piano- A Year On.
by TheAccompanist
07/26/14 09:39 AM
Frederick Historical Piano Benefit Concert - July 29 2014
by Terrytunes
07/26/14 09:25 AM
Using a (continuous) sustain pedal as expression
by barmassimo
07/26/14 09:06 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission