Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmuller Grand Pianos - Help! by Mike RSA @ 10/29/14 02:15 PM

Hi Bosendorff - indeed bizarre! Mike kolorkeys, thanks for the offer but I believe I have obtained enough info - appreciated! Mike
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude by noobpianist90 @ 10/29/14 02:15 PM

Alternative link
Piano Forum
Sam, Biggars were never that good for pianos. Even back in the 1990s they were kind of floundering, and they shut down and reopened more times than I care to remember. Now, on to the business of whether it is always better to buy new..... No. It i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmuller Grand Pianos - Help! by Mike RSA @ 10/29/14 02:09 PM

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grade 5 ABRSM by bennevis @ 10/29/14 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: ForevermoreI really would like a merit at least in this exam. It is Grade 5 PIano Theory- by ABRSM. So my questions are: 1)How much and how often should I start aiming to practice? 2) How should I schedule my piano e.g Hanon, t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Acrosonic Grand ?? by BGrantier @ 10/29/14 02:08 PM

Thanks to all. Agree, Monarch seems the best bet, and the number works for 1927.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts On improvisation by Pover @ 10/29/14 02:08 PM

I sent this to someone I admire and look up to in the non-classical world of piano. He's a member of this forum - Ted. In my opinion, one of the greatest improvisers I've had the pleasure of listening to. I thought I could get a more general view and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some of Bach's Works Authored By His Wife? by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/29/14 02:07 PM

what a scoundrel!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/29/14 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Johan BYou know, Wim there is too much nice music to play.....my life is too short for that specially when you try to concentrate in any one music when there's tons of links around
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some of Bach's Works Authored By His Wife? by David Farley @ 10/29/14 02:05 PM

It looks like this idea's been around for a while. Here's a less inflammatory article from the Wikipedia page on the Cello suites that dates from 2006. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1...s-academic.html And a far more inflammatory lecture (
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by Greener @ 10/29/14 02:00 PM

Oh yeah, Christmas. Thanks for the reminder. Yes, perhaps a good time to come up with a few things. I skipped it all last year. Even so, I did not receive any complaints. At any rate, I will endeavor to do better this year. Last evening I played m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group - Mozart Sonata n13 KV 333 by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/29/14 01:59 PM

funny, I thought I would be able to edit my post. Anyway, now I'm following the UR text edition found here: http://dme.mozarteum.at/DME/nma/nmapub_srch.php?l=2 here's the part I was able to cover on week one, measures 1 to 10: Most hard par
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student cancelling last minute recital by MaggieGirl @ 10/29/14 01:58 PM

The example he/she brought up was "uncontrollable performance anxiety." So yes, i think it is imperative for the student to have that conversation with his teacher. How much anxiety must they have just knowing the topic of a recital was c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grade 5 ABRSM by Vid @ 10/29/14 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Forevermore 3) How can I fit piano into my very busy school life, the job I take after school and leisure time? "and leisure time" - is probably your answer no?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Piano Lesson by Brandon Sip @ 10/29/14 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXor... <Lesson> <Participant>Cherublace</Participant> <Notes>Silence</Notes> </Lesson> Haha yes, much better!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Concert rental grand piano purchase? by terminaldegree @ 10/29/14 01:52 PM

This table has serial numbers through 2011. You can probably extrapolate from that and guess when 2012 happened. http://www.schimmel-pianos.de/home/consultation/serial-number-and-age.html?L=1
Or is that just a nasty internet rumor?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grade 5 ABRSM by BruceD @ 10/29/14 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ForevermoreSo about 3 months ago I took my Grade 4 piano ABRSM. This was the first time I had taken a piano exam because I lived abroad where they didn't have these examinations. I passed- but I really felt like I could have don
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by AnimistFvR @ 10/29/14 01:46 PM

I believe it is a Steinway as well, however it is a little bit difficult to see the logo. From looking at the length of the brand name, I would say it is indeed a Steinway. I live in West Virginia, I live near the capital, Charleston. Without giving
I just drive. I don't think I'm lefty and I drive as I was right handed. But with the sustain pedal, I believe I would have a better pedaling technique if I use my left leg.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some of Bach's Works Authored By His Wife? by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/29/14 01:44 PM

no doubt, family business
Piano Forum
Hi Joe I like what you were saying about the Bluthner, I went to Biggers today (just for a nosey y'know), I agree with what one fellas said they're not much cop in the piano biz these days, they've got more digitals and keyboards than anything else,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by torquenale @ 10/29/14 01:39 PM

Thanks RedKat and 8 Octaves! I have the issue of a noisy home, since I have children and there is traffic noise; I have even a hospital nearby, it can be handy but not if an ambulance arrives when I'm trying to record. With the digital I can try to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grade 5 ABRSM by BruceD @ 10/29/14 01:39 PM

A simple point of clarification : The Grade 5 Piano Examination is not a Theory exam; rather it's what is generally known as a practical exam. Theory examinations are totally different from practical exams. For ABRSM Grade 5, as far as I can see,
Jump to new posts Re: Uniphonophobia by Gadzar @ 10/29/14 01:37 PM

Wow! I just tried the sustain pedal. I like very much the unison I tuned. First I muted left string and tuned right to center using the sustain pedal to never damp the note. I used the pedal just as when I play music, that is: I play the note with
Page 30 of 32 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai MP7 - Rhodes sound
by IMOL
51 minutes 44 seconds ago
Chopin Schirmer Editions
by Works1
Today at 11:12 AM
Bach. Has he ever played a piano?
by amt976
Today at 11:12 AM
Isn't this a Better way to Measure After-touch?
by Paul678
Today at 09:33 AM
The cutest!
by Rich Galassini
Today at 09:12 AM
Who's Online
155 registered (amt976, accordeur, 36251, anamnesis, ajames, 45 invisible), 2165 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76717 Members
42 Forums
158636 Topics
2329838 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission