Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Sushi Hammer @ 08/27/14 01:06 PM

F-130R. Typo corrected. Update: A couple days ago I was informed that tracking said it would arrive yesterday 8/26 to my local Sam Ash. Breathlessly awaiting confirmation. While product weight is listed as 76 lbs, delivery rate is close to 100 l
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I thought some of you pianists might find this interesting by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 08/27/14 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: AJFVery cool! My score was -44%. I think that's worse than my Gr. 9 Phys.-Ed. class mark:) Man, I have the utmost admiration for what you technicians do. It really IS and art form unto itself. Thanks for posting this. The al
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Earthquake and its musical framing by music32 @ 08/27/14 01:03 PM

amusing.
Adult Beginners Forum
200 pages thread, wow, What a Way to Go!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I thought some of you pianists might find this interesting by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 08/27/14 01:02 PM

Piano Tuning Pedagogy is not a popular field, and as such, has not received the rigour that it deserves. The variation in teaching methods is huge, and the success rate of finding a match between teacher and student is not easy. Hey. It sounds like
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tight pressure bar by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 08/27/14 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: EmmeryI have done it a few times but always checked that there is decent downbearing on the bridge first. How does insufficient down bearing on the bridge affect the success of loosening the pressure bar? Pressure bar height d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Piano Purchase Tax deductible? by Glenn Treibitz @ 08/27/14 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve CohenOriginally Posted By: A443Originally Posted By: master88erTheir tax returns (links provided earlier in this thread) show that they haven't given one dollar in cash - only "in kind" donations (aka, pianos).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by turandot @ 08/27/14 12:56 PM

Adren, I don't want to argue with you and I don't doubt the sincerity of your intentions. The dumbing down reference didn't bother me. I thought to myself -- that's Adrean being Adrean. I hoped to help you understand that your point could have been
Jump to new posts Re: RECURRING DEFECT IN KAWAI DIGITAL PIANOS (review) by spanishbuddha @ 08/27/14 12:53 PM

I don't find anything wrong with 'digitalpiano' s posts. Complaining about a company's perceived customer service on social media is fine these days. A company usually can defend itself or respond appropriately. The edgy but mild indirect criticisms
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: For Heavens Sake - Improvisation Scales by KlinkKlonk @ 08/27/14 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: 36251I've never enjoyed learning chord scales so I'm just going to throw this out there and see if it hits the wall with anyone. If a chord scale is 7 notes, then why can't you just take the four notes of the chord and fit thre
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New old Vose and Sons Upright Piano by RT White @ 08/27/14 12:50 PM

Thanks for the response Eric. I'm looking forward to actually getting the piano and seeing it with my own eyes. The story behind it (as told after our last time game, in our sponsor bar), my teammate's future wife lived next to an older couple. The
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Could you please help my son choose a composition? by christineka @ 08/27/14 12:47 PM

My son is 11 and entering a piece into the mtna composition competition. His composition teacher likes one piece, piano teacher another, myself a third, and his father another. Would you care to add your input? He played one in a couple recitals.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by phantomFive @ 08/27/14 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: CinnamonbearOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: CinnamonbearOriginally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: BruceD"inner game books"? "tool making"? "self chat"? What are we ta
Jump to new posts Re: benched by Tuneless @ 08/27/14 12:43 PM

A flat bench is just not compatible with my weak back, so I use an office chair, no arms, at max height, with kitchen chair cushion, and one layer of carpet pad to get to a good height. So, when I sit I deliberately place myself hard to the back of
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by Mark_C @ 08/27/14 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_gregOriginally Posted By: Mark_C(I wouldn't particularly say Freud, Jung, or psychoanalysis, but I suppose that broadly speaking you could argue those too.) Mark, they were the first people to identify this, after all.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Abegg Variations, Op. 1 by R. Schumann by Elizabeth_Bennet @ 08/27/14 12:38 PM

https://soundcloud.com/elizabeth_estonia/abegg-variations-op-1-by-schumann This is a performance from March 2014. There are some painfully messy spots that I do apologize for! Comments most welcome!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by Atrys @ 08/27/14 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_greg Mark, they were the first people to identify this, after all. This does not imply they are responsible for its evolution. Also, you are more than likely wrong about this; probability is not on your side (nor is the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New old Vose and Sons Upright Piano by Eric Gloo @ 08/27/14 12:33 PM

Welcome to Piano World! The case looks very similar to one I regularly tune, which was made in 1900. If in good condition internally, Vose uprights of that vintage can be extremely nice pianos.
Got 100% the first time. However, unfortunately, the wording is poor, unfocused, with cumbersome needless differential equations and weird nomenclature. Here is how Bill Bremmer explains it: "Sound the A-440 pitch source, a tuning fork or aud
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by laguna_greg @ 08/27/14 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_COh OK. So, what this is all about is a combination of just plain thinking (with emphasis on "positive" thought) and long-time concepts that come from various fields as widely dispersed as behavioral therapy, me
Jump to new posts Re: Stand Suggestion For a Yamaha Moxf8 !! by Kbeaumont @ 08/27/14 12:28 PM

I have 3 of these Gator Platform stand. You will notice it has a rubber padded base and it is compatible with the 2nd tier of the On stage KS7150. I have a MOX8 on one and its solid and does not slide. It will go from 26 to 40 inches (66cm to 10
Jump to new posts Re: Using a piano tilter safely by Eric Gloo @ 08/27/14 12:28 PM

Of course, if you don't attach the tilter to the piano somehow, an extra person is good in case you are trapped underneath the piano and can't call the ambulance.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by Atrys @ 08/27/14 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_greg First off, the "inner dialogue" people are discussing here has been documented in the psychotherapeutic literature for 150+ years. Freud and Jung based a good deal of their analytic approach on the psychot
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by Mark_C @ 08/27/14 12:23 PM

Oh OK. So, what this is all about is a combination of just plain thinking (with emphasis on "positive" thought) and long-time concepts that come from various fields as widely dispersed as behavioral therapy, meditation, sports psychology,
Paul, Chickering grands of this era were some of the finest pianos made in the world. It may be rough, but it is no P.O.S. It has potential, and any improvements you can make will be rewarded. We are in the last stages(hammers!) of restoring a 109C,
Page 30 of 36 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
83 registered (anotherscott, BarryDMD, bennevis, BearLake, barbaram, 22 invisible), 965 Guests and 31 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75979 Members
42 Forums
157135 Topics
2307726 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
? 4 CA95/CS10 owners - soundboard vs external speakers
by markmarz
08/29/14 05:55 AM
Might play in hotel lounges/bars!!
by Pover
08/29/14 04:18 AM
a video of Alexander Siloti's daughter playing the piano
by Michael Sayers
08/28/14 08:26 PM
Kimball spinet neoprene lifter nuts
by dschwoyer
08/28/14 08:22 PM
Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas
by ColinD
08/28/14 07:29 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission