Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/22/14 05:30 PM

essential and necessary if for no other reason that by exploring the full range of the keyboard makes you more confident in reaching all regions...
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Doritos Flavouredmy point is: some day, common practice era music may just be so regarded as early-music too. With just as few(er) fans... That may be true, evidence points the other way, though. The quality of music composed
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 'Classical music revamps image to attract younger audience' by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/22/14 05:23 PM

sure, and still, if a classical music fan today - the guy who listens from Bach to Brahms - is rare, can you imagine how rare is early-music fanbase? my point is: some day, common practice era music may just be so regarded as early-music too. With
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a real Steinway? by Rich Galassini @ 10/22/14 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: chernobieffIn 1893 pianists came from all over the world and hands down raved over the A.B.Chase grands. Also, this is news to me. Norwalk, Ohio is where these pianos were made. It wasn't exactly a metropolis. Where is there
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Explanation article - False Beats by Olek @ 10/22/14 05:16 PM

I did not see that it works. But there are more than one cause for false strings. The little hop in the wood just below the pin is enough to create some parasitic sound/beats, and a small chisel or blade cures that we'll.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Doritos FlavouredI wonder if one day Beethoven will be just like Palestrina: a historic musician with large influence in his time, largely unheard today, aside from a few freaks.. Are you living in 2014 or 1514? Palestrina is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by earlofmar @ 10/22/14 05:13 PM

thank goodness for a little controversy the forum has been a little stale of late.
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning strings by Olek @ 10/22/14 05:11 PM

There are certainly today very light and not migrating corrosion protection fluids that can be used on plain wire in adverse humidity conditions. Traces of oil are not considered a crime then but anything catching dust is of course to be avoided. (I
Adult Beginners Forum
improve your sight reading by paul harris grade 1-8 alfred all in one adult piano course grade level 1-3
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a real Steinway? by Rich Galassini @ 10/22/14 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: chernobieffHi BDB, Thats the second time I have heard A.B. Chase grands were mediocre. I completely disagree on that. How is it even possible that a crew of 75 people with an average of 25 years experience per person make great
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stay safe, Ottawa by keystring @ 10/22/14 05:07 PM

Thoughts and prayers first for the family of the soldier - how unexpected for such a thing to happen at home. And then my wishes go to Ottawans and people with family that they stay safe. We're away from the center, but still there are relatives an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group - Mozart Sonata n13 KV 333 by patH @ 10/22/14 05:07 PM

I learned this sonata when I was about 15 years old, if I remember correctly; and I've been keeping it in my repertoire; meaning: I still play it from time to time. Beautiful piece of music; especially the developments in the first and second moveme
Pianist Corner
Predicting the future is of course tough, but I'd guess Beethoven and Bach will still be played, long after the Beatles are forgotten.......
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading books or resources for a beginner? by earlofmar @ 10/22/14 05:05 PM

"Improve Your Sight Reading" by Paul Harris is a good series I can recommend (I have several) and I have one "A Line A Day" which is fine. In essence I think most of these books are similar. I just spent a year with a subscripti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by Vialli @ 10/22/14 05:05 PM

Hi, I've just recently join this community. So a bit of myself. My name is Vialli. I live in New Zealand I started playing the piano at the age of 6, I had a teacher for a year or so but I just did not like it. I didn't like the pieces that she mad
Adult Beginners Forum
Piano Primo . . lorra work gone into this, man. Interesting and enjoyabl;e take on this song; good job! vISUALS MEARURED UP WELL.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 'Classical music revamps image to attract younger audience' by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/22/14 05:02 PM

a background in history should do the trick...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stay safe, Ottawa by casinitaly @ 10/22/14 04:58 PM

I'm from Ottawa, and I was stunned to see the news today. My heart goes out to the family of the soldier who was killed.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Here's my two cents. With kids from 10 to 20, don't underestimate their ability to jump into technology and make it their own. I suggest a cheap MIDI keyboard, a computer (say a Mac running Garage Band) and a pair of powered speakers (like inexpensiv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: October Piano Bar by peterws @ 10/22/14 04:55 PM

Lady Payne - Ya just took me back to `82 . . . . Nice one!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group - Mozart Sonata n13 KV 333 by Pathbreaker @ 10/22/14 04:53 PM

Mozart is wonderful to play and this is a great one. Although this one is deceptively difficult I think it provides a lot of technical and musical growth. It is possible to start it sooner than you might think. You might not be too satisfied with the
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning strings by Olek @ 10/22/14 04:52 PM

For light surface corrosion I use a soft "Scotch brite" the ones that are not aggressive. Of course it is just on the top side. Not totally useless, as corrosion is first on the outer surface. A cloth with lighter fluid is said he cle
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: calling all users of Ivory II American D by Pathbreaker @ 10/22/14 04:49 PM

I used to have it close to 50 but lately it's between 30 and 40. Don't remember the exact number. I don't do any editing to expand the range later but I still find this range to work well. For me the most important part is that it should be quite d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stay safe, Ottawa by Jay Roland @ 10/22/14 04:43 PM

Agreed. As a fellow Canadian, the events of the last couple of days in both Ottawa and Quebec have given us all pause to reflect. Jay
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nodame Cantabile by Vialli @ 10/22/14 04:39 PM

you guys should watch the nodame cantabile 'drama' instead of the anime. I find it much much better after watching all the episodes, it motivated me to get back to piano
Page 31 of 34 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recording the results of Pianoteq
by Roger Ransom
10/24/14 01:35 PM
Coolest Back Action I have Seen
by Steve Jackson
10/24/14 11:55 AM
Steinway piano with two offset keyboards
by guyl
10/24/14 10:36 AM
Black and white dampers
by iLaw
10/24/14 09:55 AM
AUGUST FORSTER
by Karl Watson
10/24/14 09:05 AM
Who's Online
162 registered (Alexander Borro, anamnesis, ajames, 51 invisible), 1588 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76640 Members
42 Forums
158471 Topics
2327233 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission