Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital keyboard actions and price range question. by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 12:09 AM

FWIW -- [quote] . . . something that feels exactly like a grand . . . [quote] "Exactly" is a funny word. What you're looking for is a "blind test" result: . . . which digital keyboard (including its sound generator) cannot
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts The Mason & Hamlin Tension Resonator: Help or Hype??? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 12:06 AM

http://masonhamlin.com/crown-retention-system/ There's a 5' 8" M&H I'm looking at, that is supposedly about 100 years old. It's priced cheaply at $4,500 most likely due to the many cracks in it's soundboard. And it does have the tension
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piano do i have? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 12:02 AM

Grand or upright? Where does aunty live? Can she e-mail you some pictures that you can post?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What IS this song? (And yes, I mean "song"!) by JohnSprung @ 07/28/14 11:58 PM

Hmmm -- I've been confusing Bernstein's "There's a Place for Us" with "A Time for Us" -- which is by Nino Rota (who did the Fellini movies), 1968.... Bernstein Place Rota Time Bernstein Place Rota Time I'll try to remember...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by littlebirdblue @ 07/28/14 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXPerhaps I need to understand a bit more of your piano history It's a long, long story but to make it short, I took piano lessons from age 4 to 9. I tried again briefly when I was 17 before I left for college with a teac
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Senior Recital: Schumann Arabeske Op.18 by bplary1300 @ 07/28/14 11:53 PM

Hi Louis, I hope part of your harsh criticism is a result of the shoddy recording quality in my school's recital hall but I feel this is a piece you could spend a lifetime with, and unfortunately I only had 1.5 months to prepare it for this recital
Jump to new posts Re: Digital keyboard actions and price range question. by ColoRodney @ 07/28/14 11:48 PM

I have a Kawai grand piano, and a Kawai ES7 (slab piano with speakers). They feel different, but I have no trouble at all playing good music on both of them. I gig a fair amount, so the easy portability and decent built-in speakers on the ES7 are a b
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Sweet06Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: ParksOriginally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: Spuds I would love to hear pianist's experiences with what triggered their passion for music. Getting girls mo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts What piano do i have? by allana @ 07/28/14 11:43 PM

Hi All, My aunty has an old Piano that she calles a "Con552". she said it was made in May 1952 (thus the 552), but I don't know what brand it is. Any ideas as she lives far from me so I cant go look! She needs to get rid of it! Thanks
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 07/28/14 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Jon PageHere's what just came in from the piano teacher with the M today with KVEW: Well, Jon, I won't disappoint you! Hear the difference? I had to look several times to be certain you hadn't removed my Mr. S. and brought in
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving to Intermediate Level by Gisele @ 07/28/14 11:35 PM

Yes, I'm sorry! I had meant to add that she used the Piano Adventures Series. She was pretty good but she could spend some more time at that level so I will take a look at the Level 4 books.
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 07/28/14 11:34 PM

I haven't had much time to read or try to participate on here lately but I am always glad to see this kind of subject come up. I thank Ed Foote for the perfect response! Really, the only people who are interested in and think that beat speeds of Ma
Jump to new posts Re: Mixer by ColoRodney @ 07/28/14 11:33 PM

It says it has 10 channels. Some of those are grouped in stereo pairs (which is what you want for your stereo keyboard outs anyway). The channels with preamps are what you'd use for vocal or instrumental Mikes. The outputs to studio monitors and head
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving to Intermediate Level by John v.d.Brook @ 07/28/14 11:32 PM

Let me amend my response. If the series is Piano Adventures, Level 5 includes the Burgmuller Ballade, and that's Level 4 in the Piano Repertoire series. You'll have to decide whether to further enhance her abilities at level 4 or shoot for level 5.
Indra123 You're welcome . As to your other queries, just a few comments. First of all, your back up choices of the ES-100 or Px350 suggest that you're looking for a slab style digital piano rather than a console style. At the higher end, slab
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Gadzar @ 07/28/14 11:28 PM

From Wikipedia: Perfect intervals are so-called because they were traditionally considered perfectly consonant, although in Western classical music the perfect fourth was sometimes regarded as a less than perfect consonance, when its function was 
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving to Intermediate Level by John v.d.Brook @ 07/28/14 11:26 PM

Gisele, I'm not familiar with the Faber series, so cannot comment as to which would be the correct piano rep level to switch to, but I'm guessing F&F has at least a few pieces which are also in the Piano Repertoire series. That could help you.
Pianist Corner
My mother was/is a pianist and teacher. I remember the growl of the Brahms g minor rhapsody while I was playing under (or near) the Steinway grand at age 4 or 5, and Mom practicing and playing the Beethoven 3rd concerto with orchestra: can't forge
Adult Beginners Forum
Hey everyone! I'm not sure what came over me, but I'm currently working on 4 songs at once: "Standing in the Need of Prayer," "Alouette,", "Lavender's Blue," and "Kum-Ba-Yah!" I actually like them all and I'm
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Moving to Intermediate Level by Gisele @ 07/28/14 11:15 PM

My student just finished Level 5 of Faber and Faber and I would like to transfer her to Piano Repertoire selected and edited by Keith Snell. Which level would be appropriate to start her at? She has not had too much exposure to classical music as of
Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTWhat Olek is saying is your hammers from note 1 to around note 50 need to have some deep needling done in the shoulders. You cannot do this without removing the action. The forces needed to drive the needle deep
Pianist Corner
My first love was Beethoven! Then as I discovered more and more music, I just sort of want to play more and more. Romantic interests have never really fuelled my desire to play music, though quite a few pieces that I've learned contain traces of str
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by Joe Garfield @ 07/28/14 10:57 PM

My house was getting down to about 20% in the winter and 50-55% in the summer. I installed a central humidifier in my HVAC blower and use it when the natural humidity in the house falls to 40%. Now it's usually 42-45% in the winter with humidistat tu
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Dave B @ 07/28/14 10:56 PM

I have no idea why they call them "Perfect."
Jump to new posts Mixer by doremi @ 07/28/14 10:48 PM

Ignorant question: how do you exactly count the number inputs and outputs of a mixer like the MG10XU http://usa.yamaha.com/products/live_sound/mixers/analog-mixers/mg_xu_model/mg10xu/?mode=model Background info: a corner of my basement now sports a
Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (36251, Abby Pianoman, ajames, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1573 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156291 Topics
2295343 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baldwin E250 1998
by sort
22 minutes 7 seconds ago
Shostakovich and Prokofiev
by Verbum mirabilis
Today at 06:01 PM
Used piano buying choices
by BrianDX
Today at 05:55 PM
You & Your Piano
by DancerJ
Today at 05:12 PM
Fun etudes?
by chasingrainbows
Today at 04:41 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission