Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Input on ornamentation... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: CinnamonbearOriginally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes[...] As for the "how", my teacher wants them very strictly executed as per the chart's note values, which certainly makes things straightforward, but when I hear accente
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Input on ornamentation... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: gynnisI usually play Bach on my harpsichord, since I find the piano sound too heavy. Also remember the ornaments, fingering, tuning system, and agogic accent are designed to give emphasis on an instrument that has no expression
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Input on ornamentation... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: AZNpianoDid you or your teacher choose the Allemande and the Sarabande? Either way, you guys have good taste. Why, thank you! Though it's easy to have good taste with Bach. At any rate, it was picked together. She wanted me
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: michaelhaPeople either illegally download MP3's these days or listen to it for free on Spotify, etc. I am not sure that's true. 1. I use Spotify (a lot) but it's not free (10 bucks a month) and is supposed to provide artists a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by Mark R. @ Yesterday at 03:40 AM

For the sake of a productive discussion, I'd start to remove the fairies from the picture.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Input on ornamentation... by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:39 AM

Did you or your teacher choose the Allemande and the Sarabande? Either way, you guys have good taste. For the Allemande, I do the mordents (on the beat) the first time through, and I think I added a lot more mordents than what my edition (Peters) h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Markarian @ Yesterday at 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: MarkarianThe point of this thread is not to ask for help, not to complain. I did NOT want my piano buying experience to be a journey, but that seems to be the expectation here, something to aspir
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Famous mistakes by concert pianists by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: BDBHorowitz messed up the Rachmaninov Sonata pretty badly when he played here in Oakland. It was still exciting. Horowitz messed up quite often. I like to think it was because he was taking musical risks that paid off more
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time to change teacher? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris H. Don't take lessons from more than one teacher at a time unless everyone is happy with the situation. I currently teach in an independent school where many students are teacher and instrument hoppers. They take lessons
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me some Shostakovich by Verbum mirabilis @ Yesterday at 03:21 AM

The Preludes op. 34 is a very nice set. I played no. 24 a while ago.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 03:13 AM

I wonder what is the motivation to remove bloatware? You can let it be, like junk in your garage or basement. Or you can remove it, like the trash you leave at the curb every week. But unlike true junk, it's practically invisible. So it's not really
Jump to new posts Re: Surge protection? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 03:05 AM

Get a supplemental rider on your homeowner's insurance (or renter's insurance). It's much cheaper than a UPS, and much more effective.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 02:57 AM

Originally Posted By: argerichfanAlas, and perhaps heresy to some, Godowsky's music tends to be more interesting to look at on the printed page than actually listening to. One could say that of all music.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P255 by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 02:46 AM

There's quite a bit of past discussion on here about the P255. Find it with the search (top left). It's seen as a marginal improvement over the P155 which was well regarded in its price range. So solid but not outstanding would be my summary.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro by sislermi @ Yesterday at 02:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRelG2aVTsg&list=UU7dAuHpuUdZyfji0CF-D0ZQ Pretty sure there's a lot wrong with it, but what do you think so far. Yeah, yeah, I completely screwed up the cadenzas, I got confused for a second and choked or somethi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Dara @ Yesterday at 02:36 AM

There is dynamic current music happening, in all genres and new explorations. And there are upcoming excellent piano technicians and tuners, some of them prefer to stay in the background, still learning their craft.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: phacke Greetings - It sound like you have a plan. That's good. Two thoughts, and I am trying to be constructive here, while admitting low probability of being useful. 1) All those guys working the oil sands the next province
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie Needs Help by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: PianoJill. . . Once I start, I will not stop. So I don't want to start with a piano that will last only a few years. . . . Why not? My suggestion: . . . Start with a piano that may only last you a few years. .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: MALDI_ToF I still prefer the original Chopin Etudes though. Very much agree, and I have made this observation before when the subject of the Godowsky arrangements has arisen. With pleasure I can listen to all of the Chopin et
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Volume by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: TheodorNJust wondering, but is it possible that speaker volume is not the only issue for someone who wants to learn to play delicately, or over the whole dynamic range? I mean, does the Yamaha P105 have enough dynamic range (or
Jump to new posts Re: Surge protection? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 01:43 AM

If you can afford it, a UPS (uninterruptable power supply) is probably your best bet. They're available at Costco (I think). APC is a good brand. Get one with enough capacity to handle both the DP and the computer. . Charles PS -- and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 01:42 AM

Faulty: Apart from the score, there's also the (oral) tradition, which is very very valid (unfortunately if you ask me) in classical music. Do you know what it's like to be playing a work by Brahms, commenting about something and the horn player tel
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Three-Part Invention by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 01:31 AM

Both are (almost) equally good. It really depends on what you're used to and what the other users you collaborate with work with... Not much else. Personally I prefer the Finale output, but I think that it's largely based on the music fonts, rather
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Famous mistakes by concert pianists by BruceD @ Yesterday at 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: rovCan someone mention some obvious mistakes by concert pianists? What's the interest in highlighting the mistakes that others make?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opening up an old Piano by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 01:29 AM

Cool! Things were definitely built to last longer back in the day.
Page 32 of 40 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 39 40 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
169 registered (accordeur, Alex1, ajames, AmateurBob, 39 invisible), 1909 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75516 Members
42 Forums
156163 Topics
2293326 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bored kid at Cosco..
by Norbert
10 minutes 32 seconds ago
Need help and advice please!
by Pover
12 minutes 5 seconds ago
Kawai K200
by Vidsin
Today at 02:46 PM
Medelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
Today at 01:52 PM
Correcting Heavy Piano Touchweight in Grand Pianos
by Paul678
Today at 01:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission