Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by pinkfloydhomer @ 08/20/14 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTHi Pink, I will give you a simple exercise, but my method is a collection of techniques that all work together to make tuning with higher accuracy possible. For example, by the time you get to this part in th
Jump to new posts Re: Hardman-Peck Baby Grand piano by SMHaley @ 08/20/14 11:44 AM

I don't believe CA glue will give the result expected. This is quite obviously a pinblock overdue for replacement. I'm also not sure I'd consider a Hardman-Peck something that can be a diamond in the rough, but to each their own. The cost of getti
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Kawai K-500 by Rickster @ 08/20/14 11:44 AM

Well, I've got three of them (Kawai)... two uprights and a Howard/Kawai 550 (5'10") baby grand. Yes, they are good pianos in my view. So as not to promote one brand over another, I also have a Yamaha and a Baldwin... great pianos also! Look
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Understated, passionate pieces? by Pathbreaker @ 08/20/14 11:35 AM

Some of my favorites fit into this category. I think Brahms and Schumann have some real gems in this department. Miniatures that are economical but with intense emotion. Brahms: - Op. 116 no. 4 - Op. 119 no. 1 Schumann: - Op. 99 The Albumblätter (
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by A443 @ 08/20/14 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Hakki[...]what about the common belief that one only becomes a technician after his first 1000 or so piano services?Nonsense! If it takes anyone THAT long to learn, then there is a problem...somewhere. I've trained technicians
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Palmpirate @ 08/20/14 11:29 AM

So Wednesday14th to Wed 20th was a terrible week for piano. Big dinner here for CFMF , Big Wedding BBQ function,Big Phantom concert with 255 in audience....! Then our little truck got stolen Sunday night so lots of frantic RCMP activity Monday mornin
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Piano exams on digital pianos. by Jay Roland @ 08/20/14 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: LarryManJay : Any piano that features the PHA-4 Premium action and above. Can you please provide some models numbers with PHA-4 Premium? Thanks Sure! Everything listed below has PHA-4 Premium or Concert: HP504, 506 50
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai pianos - overloading headphones? by emenelton @ 08/20/14 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: dmdA while back, I was a member of a health club which was advertising that they were soon to be open 24 hours each day. I enquired at the main desk if I came at 2 in the morning ... if I would be able to get in (it was now noo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FLAT-STRUNG PIANOS by Del @ 08/20/14 11:20 AM

Originally Posted By: ChickGrandOriginally Posted By: joe80I don't mean to be contradictory or anything but the Liszt Bechstein sure does look over strung from the videos and any pictures of it. It's overstrung, but like some of the early Chickerin
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering a change by Morodiene @ 08/20/14 11:18 AM

I can see why you like them, but personally I have a hard time with going to the student's home. With rehearsals scheduled in the evenings, my teaching time is rather limited and with traffic and just the time it takes to get from one lesson to anoth
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Summer Song" -- Brubeck/McPartland/Rowe by Damon @ 08/20/14 11:15 AM

Good work, both times Andy!
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Friends will be friends (ask for sheets) by Arizona Sage @ 08/20/14 11:12 AM

Very nicely done Lilia! As always, you bring these songs to life with your style!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach pieces by prout @ 08/20/14 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Michael Sayers . . . so maybe there is a stylistic connection as well with Bach's music and baroque fingerings? And that is what should be learned from this discussion. I studied piano, organ and harpsichord at university
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for an Android App.... by David Farley @ 08/20/14 11:03 AM

Android music apps are pretty thin on the ground compared to iOS, mostly because of the latency problems (although that may be fixed in the next major release). I have not seen specifically what you're looking for on Android, but if it exists, you mi
Grim, dunno if you've done anything w/ this in the last 4 months, but it really isn't "like looking for a needle in a hay stack"--I have the same problem, but w/ the added issue that the amp output (both channels) has now died completely (i
Jump to new posts Re: Hardman-Peck Baby Grand piano by Steve Jackson @ 08/20/14 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark R.Steve, I presume you base the conclusion (of oversized pins) on the crack running along a row of pins. Does this type of crack only happen once oversized pins are installed? No, it's on the new pins that are too long c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamps for grand piano (pics?) by pyropaul @ 08/20/14 10:53 AM

It clips over the music desk and there are screws at the back to hold it in place. The inside of the clip is lined with felt so it doesn't mark the wood. Paul.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FLAT-STRUNG PIANOS by Stephen K @ 08/20/14 10:51 AM

acortot, Here is a close up of the treble end.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Agraffes by Stephen K @ 08/20/14 10:50 AM

Agraffes from a Pleyel upright, circa 1850
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach pieces by noobpianist90 @ 08/20/14 10:47 AM

I think I'll follow Tureck's book to the letter, and see where it takes me. I can always unlearn and re-learn if I feel the need. I get the feeling that she knows her stuff, and anything I learn will not be detrimental to my progress.
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by prout @ 08/20/14 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By: CinnamonbearAnother couple to plunk into the archives. Two "versions" of the same "version." It's a transcription by Ellen Rowe of an interpretation by Marian McPartland of a piece by Dave Brubeck called, &
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Understated, passionate pieces? by FarmGirl @ 08/20/14 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: bennevisMozart's Rondo in A minor, K511 is one obvious piece. Schubert's Moment musicaux No.6 in A flat, D780. And his Piano Sonata in B flat, D960 - II. Actually, quite a few slow movements of piano sonatas by Mozart, Beethov
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to begin? by noobpianist90 @ 08/20/14 10:42 AM

I hate to be blunt, but if you're looking for a quick-fix or short-cuts, let me tell you, there are none. There is no substitute for facing the music. It takes as long as it takes. Qualitative, Intelligent effort is key, rather than quantitative, mo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Understated, passionate pieces? by noobpianist90 @ 08/20/14 10:37 AM

One of my favourites:
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pinky Hurts by Silver Keys @ 08/20/14 10:31 AM

Originally Posted By: earlofmarYour fingers have never done this sort of work before and they all need training. ... Consider strongly getting tuition, as the early days are so important to learn good habits and be supervised. +1 to this. It takes
Page 32 of 34 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
114 registered (aesop, 36251, Allard, Abby Pianoman, Alux, 30 invisible), 1300 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75898 Members
42 Forums
156858 Topics
2304809 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Do you use a method series to teach jazz? What series?
by Maechre
08/22/14 07:39 AM
Tuning my piano with an app
by johan d
08/22/14 03:14 AM
Tuning a piano
by johan d
08/22/14 02:14 AM
Yamaha CLP-430 or Roland RP-401?
by masterboy
08/22/14 01:22 AM
NY Steinway in Russia
by victor kam
08/22/14 12:38 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission