Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
103 registered (Anita Potter, ando, anotherscott, 36251, 25 invisible), 1322 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by rysowers @ 01/30/15 11:13 AM

I think my main issue with the strip for temperament tuning is this: You finish with the strip in and are very happy with the results of your carefully tuned temperament. Then when the unisons are pulled in you find some drift. But it is not as clear
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by pianoloverus @ 01/30/15 11:13 AM

I think moving the chair back a little is the most important change you should consider. Because of your back problem it seems like not leaning back in the chair is not a possible change at present. I don't think your posture is poor at all. Althoug
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
It has been almost 20 years since I played any Chopin (since I left my classical training for jazz), but I decided that classical music is a great and under-utilized vehicle for improvisation/variations. Chopin was a great improviser; Here I try to p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Stubbie @ 01/30/15 11:09 AM

SwissMs, wishing your husband a swift and full recovery. We focus on piano, sometimes even flirting with obsession, but then when the health of a loved one is threatened, we know where our true focus lies.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Should I buy used small upright or big upright? by thomas81 @ 01/30/15 11:04 AM

Just want to ask to choose a small piano and big piano. I have visited to used piano shops and tested the piano for Yamaha U1 and small piano Yamaha M108 over 30 years old selling at 3.8k and 2k Singapore dollars. Both of the condition are good and s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $15,000 budget for upright--suggestions? by Radio.Octave @ 01/30/15 11:04 AM

I had a Kawai K6 that was a very nice upright. The K8 would probably be even better. The Charles Walters seem great, too. Like some others, I agree that a large, quality upright is better than a baby grand, at least sound wise. Due to physics, a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How is this possible? And does it mean anything? by S. Phillips @ 01/30/15 11:04 AM

Soundboard area and length of bass strings are not the most important factors to tonal and action quality. The important part is where they place the bridges, or whether or not they purposely blocked off an area of soundboard that was sucking energy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ 01/30/15 11:03 AM

SwissMS, I do hope all goes well, and that your husband does make a full recovery. I'll be thinking of you - Cathy
Completely shot? Yikes, that's rather discouraging!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Sampianistrespect, Hats off sir Thanks Sampianist!
Pianist Corner
Quote: Thanks for the Tord Gustavsen Trio link. I can hear the similarity to Jan Johansson and will look into their work which seems to be something special. Somehow, as with Dave Brubeck, you need to find your own path and listen as much as possib
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Sauter Schulpiano by Almaviva @ 01/30/15 10:59 AM

I'm not Jewish, but a Jewish friend of mine told me that there are two main Yiddish dialect groups - Western Yiddish (found in Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, etc.), and Eastern Yiddish (found in Russia, Poland, Romania, etc.). Both are deriv
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by OneWatt @ 01/30/15 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: lophiomysKawai James, Re: Saving a customized Setup to PowerOn-memory ... I do not see any reason, why it should not be possible to save a fully configured Setup to PowerOn-memory. What is your opinion on that? - - - Re: M
Jump to new posts Re: Promotional pens? by R_B @ 01/30/15 10:42 AM

I have never done it, I am NOT a piano technician. I see a lot of people in other businesses with a cup full of pens on the counter. Presumably you would use one to update whatever service log you make for customers and leave the pen with the log/not
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano to grow with by D7K @ 01/30/15 10:41 AM

I bought a P105 about two years ago. Have just completed the Emedia course (starting on the intermediate one). My goal in learning the piano was to learn about music, the P105 was a great first piano. But even with a DAW that had the Garritan Persona
Yeppers, Marko! The guitars haven't seen the light of day in a month now...!!! LOL....All focus is totally on the ES7 now. No plans to start gigging with it anytime soon though - chops are way behind and at my age the playing is all for ME!!!! Cheer
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Sauter Schulpiano by wimpiano @ 01/30/15 10:29 AM

There's lot's of Yiddish languages as far as I know but they are all Germanic type languages (not meaning German because Dutch is also a Germanic language and so are other languages). Shul is the Yiddish word. (Which is School in Hebrew but mostly
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 - opinions by Kerrrmit @ 01/30/15 10:23 AM

Thanks Hendrik for opinion. That's what I heard that Kawai has a better keyboard. But samples from CFX and Bösendorfer probably made me more convinced. In total, I'm still not 100% determined. I think even on the Kawai C 15. Hard to choose
Jump to new posts Promotional pens? by RonTuner @ 01/30/15 10:20 AM

Toying with the idea of give-away pens with contact info. Anyone had positive response? Any company recommendations? Something you still do, or just tried once? thanks Ron Koval
Piano Forum
Sounds like you got a good deal. You'll enjoy it very much. Congratulations!
Jump to new posts Re: mystery hammer from Steinway model L by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 01/30/15 10:19 AM

I smell Imadegawa!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts New piano coming today! by TwoSnowflakes @ 01/30/15 10:17 AM

My old piano was replaced under warranty for a myriad of issues and I've been waiting a long time (since May or so) for the new model to come in. Finally, a bunch came in of the same model and I went to go select one and almost immediately liked one
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by barbaram @ 01/30/15 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Alexander Borro Progress has been surprisingly good in the 3 days, but then usually is at the beginning when I really like a piece and work at it, but it is getting the tricky bits right, and sometimes that can take weeks to pla
Jump to new posts Re: mystery hammer from Steinway model L by rysowers @ 01/30/15 10:16 AM

Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh Zeno!! I once ordered a "bag-o-hammers" from Schaff for misc repairs. Many of them looked like this. By the late 80's Pratt-read had transformed to Pratt-win when Baldwin bought out the company
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by rXd @ 01/30/15 10:14 AM

This thread, by implication, is about the final stages of a tuning on a stable piano. How one gets to that stability that will accept a fine tuning is not really the issue. The self same checks and balances are used by all responsible tuners whiche
Page 33 of 34 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
VILABS (Ravenscroft) - Support Issues
by dmd
02/01/15 08:32 AM
Am I crazy? 1921 Baldwin with “History” (PICS)
by look_alive
02/01/15 02:23 AM
Rhythm question about "Un Sospiro"
by Tony Romo
02/01/15 01:55 AM
Awesome!
by piano_friend
02/01/15 01:50 AM
How hard is the Rach 3?
by Tony Romo
02/01/15 01:48 AM
Forum Stats
77944 Members
42 Forums
161112 Topics
2366690 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission