Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: Consul50Charles, Thanks for the recommendation on the P255. Would you consider upgrading your Casio Previa PX-350 to the P255 if you had the money? Do you like your PX-350? David The short answer: I probably wouldn't upg
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Volume by 8 Octaves @ 07/21/14 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungThe dynamic range of a DP is typically narrower than an acoustic, so you can think of the volume control as a movable window into that wider range. That's a pretty good suggestion actually. I would say for someone a
Pianist Corner
Carlo said it well. We're reacting to stupid stuff and trying to put it in some perspective. I think we've done what we can -- but forget about resolving anything. Their baloney will never end. And this seems like a good time to post one of Nikolas'
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: bennevis Sorry, I forgot. You need things to be in very simple English to understand . I don't have time to 'translate' my posts for you - but I'm sure that you have plenty of well-educated friends (OK, acquaintances) to hel
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for inexpensive controller by anotherscott @ 07/21/14 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: slowtravelerThe Arturia KeyLab 88 MIDI controller is scheduled to ship in a couple of weeks. It has a Fatar hammer-action keybed I believe it is the TP100, so it probably won't be one of the better feeling 88s. If the question
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: bennevis Or are you just rushing to the defence of the indefensible, yet again? Just in case you can't read properly, my post is about playing the piano. It's what most people here do, apart from you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by faulty_Damper @ 07/21/14 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: CarloPiano I've invested time in this thread to contribute to debunk what I consider false information over the Internet. Believe me, it's not personal, I don't really care about what you may imagine about my playing. Anyway you
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Parks Truth without humility is not truth; just a semblence. This is romantic nonsense. Truth coupled with any characteristic is still truth.
Pianist Corner
People respond to Horowitz's energy. The music is just an adornment to that, and the notes are just an adornment to that. This 'movements and efficiency' is a starting point to that, but energy is the bottom line. Have you ever noticed that when s
Adult Beginners Forum
I am very happy with the course so far, I like the way the video topics are in small chunks of information. This allows you to watch all of them at once or one or two at your leisure. Obviously a few think there should be more detail but then it migh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Vid @ 07/21/14 06:46 PM

The trolls are well fed today and two of them have teamed up apparently. I wouldn't doubt they are one and the same.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: bennevis Or are you just rushing to the defence of the indefensible, yet again? Just in case you can't read properly, my post is about playing the piano. It's what most people here do, apart from yourself, of course, whose onl
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Atrys@bennevis Notice how you cannot defend your original position, so you resort to petty attacks on his use of language and nit-pick trivial details that have nothing to do with the case being made. Try harder, kiddo. Have yo
Jump to new posts Re: Hiss in Pianoteq by TheodorN @ 07/21/14 06:42 PM

MossySF, I have the sample rate set to 44100 Hz. That's the lowest I can choose. Did you mean to say internal sample rate Z = X/Y? That is sample rate divided by audio buffer size. The size of the audio buffer doesn't seem to affect this high-pitched
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by CarloPiano @ 07/21/14 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: faulty_DamperOriginally Posted By: CarloPiano That's your portrait of what kind of musician you are. If you can't listen most of Horowitz recordings, I'll take as a compliment that you think (without ever heard me, that's said)
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11. Can't get sound right by petes1 @ 07/21/14 06:38 PM

We need get the mods to start a sticky thread: How to get wife approval of necessary equipment purchases.
Pianist Corner
@bennevis Notice how you cannot defend your original position, so you resort to petty attacks on his use of language and nit-pick trivial details that have nothing to do with the case being made. Try harder, kiddo.
Pianist Corner
JoelW's logic: "I can find and cherry-pick particular examples that disprove a horizontal, objective fact!!1one1!!" The factual case made here by myself and @faulty_Damper stands.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: faulty_DamperOriginally Posted By: bennevis I repeat - are you going to admit you are wrong about using "all" the "entire range of movements" on a daily basis? (Not just 'move the joint'). Or have you forgot
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by Michael Sayers @ 07/21/14 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: careyI'm one of two pianists at our church. I prefer to sit fairly high on the bench - because I play infinitely better that way in all respects. The other guy was taught to sit VERY low - and doing so seems to work for him.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Transitioning from Digital to Acoustic by Vid @ 07/21/14 06:31 PM

What digital piano are you practicing on? The quality of the action on the digital can make a big difference for adjusting to acoustic grands.
Pianist Corner
Just listen to this terrible playing.
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Charles Cohen @ 07/21/14 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: compianist1it's weird. I tried the pianoteq again today with the F20. The ppp on the pianoteq is better and more beautiful(on the F20, I can only get p or pp ) but the f and ff on the F20 absolutely trashes pianoteq. On pianote
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: faulty_DamperOriginally Posted By: carey Its OK if Mark plays better than you. After all he's been at it for almost 50 years. And Horowitz had been at it fore more than 50 years and he played terribly, progressively getting wo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Transitioning from Digital to Acoustic by JohnSprung @ 07/21/14 06:23 PM

It isn't just the transition from digital to acoustic. If you've only ever practiced or played on one piano, no matter how good, you'll have the same surprise when you try a different instrument. I had just one piano for the first six months, and w
Page 33 of 43 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 42 43 >
What's Hot!!
U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Concert Grand
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
124 registered (36251, ajames, Anne'sson, A Guy, 33 invisible), 1847 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75487 Members
42 Forums
156087 Topics
2292108 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First steps for improvisers and composers
by Mark Polishook
07/23/14 10:09 AM
First steps for improvisers and composers
by Mark Polishook
07/23/14 09:56 AM
Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ?
by prout
07/23/14 09:53 AM
sostenuto in player pianos
by Pete O'Hearn
07/23/14 09:13 AM
Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference?
by johnlewisgrant
07/23/14 08:40 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission