Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai mp7 vs Roland rd-800 by david_ka @ 04/17/14 04:18 PM

Is the keybed on the mp7 the same as any other kawai-piano? If you have been playin that, how would it compare to the rd800?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to play classical pieces like Chopin... by Ataru074 @ 04/17/14 04:12 PM

+1 on: Find a teacher, get a proper keyboard... and honestly I'd get a proper upright piano before any digital piano ( I do own a digital piano and a "traditional" one ).
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by maurus @ 04/17/14 04:09 PM

Thanks dewster for posting this. The issue obviously is a serious issue. Whatever those who always know everything better may think. And of course AC plugs vary widely in different countries. That someone is safe in HER or HIS country of course doe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's in a Name? by Minnesota Marty @ 04/17/14 04:02 PM

So, the truth comes out. Diane has a piano fetish.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP range advice please by Lester Burnham @ 04/17/14 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: thamajor7Hello forum friends. I was hoping to get some advice please on the Casio AP range, as I cannot determine the model number in relation to quality and difference. My fiance is looking for an electric piano, on a stand th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by Minnesota Marty @ 04/17/14 04:00 PM

I agree with Jean. The standard range for an 85 note piano is A0 to A7. One of Cristofori's pianos, the latest surviving, had a 4 octave compass from C2 to C6 in modern numbering.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Installing plain wire: no twists involved by Olek @ 04/17/14 03:59 PM

I try to be attentive when taking the wire off the coil, anyway they go the same direction when passed thru the agrafe, so I suppose they are not twisted. Then a twist can be installed while doing the coils, depending of the way the pin is hold (tha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by Gary D. @ 04/17/14 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael Martinez Sorry, I tend to skim quickly people's posts ... I haven't listened to any recordings for this thread, I'm just going on what people are writing... Isn't it a bit arrogant to comment on what's going on when yo
This is also their biggest advantage over the acoustic Imagine the trumpat player playing at 11pm just behind the wall, practicing some fortissimo for trumpet concerto I wonder, how long your love for trumpet would be The same is with pianos B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by AZ_Astro @ 04/17/14 03:56 PM

Here are a few ideas: 1) How big are most fingers. To determine the size requirement of an individual key. 2) How long are most arms. To keeps the keys within reach. 3) That will reduce the number of keys to between 50 and 100 or so. 4) Afte
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money? by talfi composer @ 04/17/14 03:46 PM

@fso: Okay, I'm not trying to devalue the work of Malevich (sorry if I sounded like I was), which by the way I don't know, just saying that the price is completely subjective. I hope that there is enough money for all of us, therefore I would not dev
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to flavor chords on piano? by TimR @ 04/17/14 03:44 PM

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_zRmb-0u0
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by keystring @ 04/17/14 03:43 PM

I'd like to make some friendly suggestions, especially for anyone whose signature or profile states that they teach music, because if you are seen as a teacher then what you write may be taken very seriously. First, realize that everyone here has a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by accordeur @ 04/17/14 03:39 PM

All the 85 note pianos I have seen go from A0 to A7, never seen any that go from C1 to C8.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by JohnSprung @ 04/17/14 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Brian Lucas.... Almost all minor songs are written in the relative major key. So 6m is tonic. .... Oy, Veh.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's in a Name? by Diane... @ 04/17/14 03:37 PM

Yes! I named my RX-1 Kawai baby grand piano, Tom Cruise after the actor Tom Cruise! Tom for short (pun intended because Tom Cruise in real life is actually quite short.) He's 5'5" and so is my Kawai baby grand is also 5'5"! So it's na
The only problem with a digital piano is that it is not an acoustic piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by peterws @ 04/17/14 03:24 PM

Damz Super work, man! You made it wobble . . .
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Morning Mist: a ballade for piano by JoelW @ 04/17/14 03:23 PM

Do it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by JohnSprung @ 04/17/14 03:23 PM

Actually 85 was quite common by the mid-19th century. The range was C1 through C8. The change to 88 added A0, Bb0, and B0. Circa 1870's - 1880's IIRC. Keyboards are mostly a little over four feet wide, like 48 3/8" to 48 1/2". It seems
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Rhythm by ShiverMeTimbres @ 04/17/14 03:23 PM

I get my kids to count the beats while playing the simple songs.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by peterws @ 04/17/14 03:20 PM

Newman Very romantic, ole lad! She`ll be all googly eyed with this. . . ! Bottle o` Something Appropriate on ice? Seriously, effective. Very . .
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Morning Mist: a ballade for piano by Polyphonist @ 04/17/14 03:18 PM

I'm going to write a better ballade.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by iLaw @ 04/17/14 03:18 PM

Because most pianos are made in China, where "88" is a very lucky number. Larry.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Morning Mist: a ballade for piano by JoelW @ 04/17/14 03:17 PM

Page 33 of 41 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40 41 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
88 registered (Aucha, Atrys, 3rd Ear, 25 invisible), 1137 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153568 Topics
2250682 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Upright - Please help identify
by awyaks
Today at 01:00 AM
song i wrote. people in clubs love it
by jedplays
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Fazioli "factory tour" video.
by R_B
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
Piano Science
by venice1
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences?
by Marko in Boston
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission