Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmuller Grand Pianos - Help! by Mike RSA @ 10/28/14 01:52 PM

Hi Kolorkeys, Yes, we do get both Kawai and Yamaha's here but they are considerably more expensive (2-3 times the price) and I don't believe 2-3 times the value. I have an option currently of paying equivalent of $9000 for a 30 (1984) year old Yamaha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by chopinoholic @ 10/28/14 01:48 PM

This is going to be one fat recital. It wil take hours to listen to all submissions. Better free up some evenings!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Rankings by terminaldegree @ 10/28/14 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd-Davis Germain I like to remind lay shoppers of the following: Larry Fine has published a wonderfully valuable resource, but it's written from technicians' point of view. Piano techs are not professional pianists; piano make
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Uniphonophobia by A454.7 @ 10/28/14 01:43 PM

For those that insist there is only one true way to tune, did you ever bother to check that unison with the damper pedal engaged (e.g., as it would be used by a pianist in concert)? What about at different dynamics, with different intervals, and with
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/28/14 01:40 PM

good thing this is for March/2015. guess on february I'll be hanging around "the traditional one month to recital" thread... :p can I pull both the Mozart and Schumann? I'm trying... it's hardship, but a pleasure... exciting to listen t
Jump to new posts Re: string wrap ratios by chernobieff @ 10/28/14 01:37 PM

Oleg just sent me the Fenner Bass string book. Good read so far. By the way, I have always depended on "Some thoughts on the design of Bass strings" by Richard M. Brown PTG Journal August 1998. I like the way he lays out a "map" t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the sound of unrestored Erards by Withindale @ 10/28/14 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTOriginal Erards had very light, softer hammers than most modern pianos. Thank you, Ed and Max for confirming my supposition that softer/lighter hammers and softer steel go together. Dolge records a considerable
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Losing abilities to memorize.... by The Monkeys @ 10/28/14 01:29 PM

It seems my boy have suddenly lost his ability to memorize his pieces! It caught my attention that he made *full stops every time* if no one was there to turn the page for him. At first I didn't think it was a big deal, if he needs to turn th
Jump to new posts Re: Uniphonophobia by A454.7 @ 10/28/14 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: GadzarSo, what do you recommend to not get sick of uniphonophobia and if one is already sick what can one do to heal? Having a calm, rational dialogue would be a start...
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Stage/Digital piano with string resonance? by David Farley @ 10/28/14 01:26 PM

According to your postings on the piano forum, you've just ordered a Yamaha C3X. What's the relationship between that acoustic and the digital you're considering? If you want something light for travel with string resonance, good action and a low pri
Jump to new posts Looking for schematics for a Kurzweil EG Mark IV by mM4albie @ 10/28/14 01:26 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I recently aquired a Kurzweil EG Mark IV for free. Of coarse nothing comes for free. It had 2 problems. 1.) Intermittent signal to the amplifier which I was able to fix. 2.) Noisy and Distorted amplifier. Not fi
Jump to new posts Re: Uniphonophobia by Cinnamonbear @ 10/28/14 01:23 PM

It's déjà vu all over again!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Vladimir Horowitz's Technique by rintincop @ 10/28/14 01:22 PM

How has flat fingers worked for me? It seems to put less constrict my tendons than my curled finger tech, thus less tendon soreness. I can wiggle flat fingers faster than curled fingers... But I am not used to playing scale runs flat, I have more fin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Vladimir Horowitz's Technique by rintincop @ 10/28/14 01:21 PM

Horowitz interview (discusses his technique): http://nettheim.com/horowitz/horowitz32.html
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Vladimir Horowitz's Technique by phantomFive @ 10/28/14 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: rintincopI have been retraining with the flat finger technique after many years of using the curled fingers tech. How has that worked for you?
Jump to new posts Re: Uniphonophobia by SMHaley @ 10/28/14 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Gadzar So, what do you recommend to not get sick of uniphonophobia and if one is already sick what can one do to heal? I believe the only cure is: megalomania noun delusions of control, grandeur, or importance.
Jump to new posts Re: string wrap ratios by chernobieff @ 10/28/14 01:12 PM

I'm also going back and study some old 5'1" scales. Anyone out there have any small grand scales I could study? I would need Length, Diameters, in the bass- core and outer diameter. There must be someone out there besides myself that saves that
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minimalism. by BruceD @ 10/28/14 01:11 PM

Reminds me of the only musical comedy for which Richard Rodgers wrote both the music and lyrics: "No Strings" ... and "... manque just le clavier..." "... only the keyboard is missing ..." nothing major there! chee
Jump to new posts Re: string wrap ratios by chernobieff @ 10/28/14 01:04 PM

Thank you William, This is for a piano I am designing. A 5'1" grand. I'll have to look into the Paulello wire, seems to be a lot of interest. I am changing the core to 51 most likely.
Jump to new posts Re: Uniphonophobia by Emmery @ 10/28/14 01:01 PM

Logorrhea Noun 1. pathologically incoherent, repetitious speech. 2. incessant or compulsive talkativeness 3. (medicine) excessive use of words Use as a noun... For lack of qualatitive words used to condone the tuning of an interval in any other me
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Vladimir Horowitz's Technique by rintincop @ 10/28/14 01:00 PM

I have been retraining with the flat finger technique after many years of using the curled fingers tech. I think that the technique I have been using has caused a friction in my tendons that has become inflammatory. Do I notice Horowitz frequent use
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpretation of Bach by beet31425 @ 10/28/14 12:59 PM

I cultivated the ability to endure repeats in my teenage years, listening to Schiff's recording of the Goldberg Variations. He repeats the A and B sections of every piece, including variation 25, including even the restatement of the Aria! Every so o
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student cancelling last minute recital by bennevis @ 10/28/14 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: chasingrainbows As Nicolas said, and a very renowned former professor of mine, it seems a shame to play only for oneself. Why wouldn't we want to share our love for music with others? Does 'sharing our love for music' mean you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Rankings by joe80 @ 10/28/14 12:58 PM

I think this is a good idea, actually. It would be nice to have concert pianists reviewing the affordable end of the market. After all, these are the instruments that most people practise on - even concert pianists will often have a Yamaha C3 lurking
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by AnimistFvR @ 10/28/14 12:53 PM

The result doesn't end in a Steinway sound (I UNDERSTAND THAT NONE OF THEM ARE THE EXACCCCTTTT SAME.) for some reason to my ears.... Maybe I should listen to more of their sound? So Roland is essentially trying to make their samples EXACTLY like a St
Page 34 of 37 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Did Bach’s wife write his finest works?
by CarlosCC
10/30/14 09:24 AM
Szanto Bach Prelude Fugue A minor
by bkthugs10214
10/30/14 09:13 AM
Steinway officially relocates flagship store.
by Jonathan Baker
10/30/14 09:00 AM
Advice please
by Ems' Mum
10/30/14 05:14 AM
Help identify the piano action
by Kumi_27
10/30/14 04:16 AM
Who's Online
131 registered (accordeur, ando, alberto, AnimistFvR, albumblatter, 32 invisible), 1509 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76702 Members
42 Forums
158613 Topics
2329471 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission