Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: UVI has a sale on 5 grand piano sounds by Morodiene @ 07/24/14 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: DigitalguyThey have it on sale every 3-4 months. But hardly anyone seems to buy and the very few comments I have found don't sound very encouraging... Just passing along the info I got in email, I think for the price if a pers
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just Tried Brand New Mason and Hamlins.... by Paul678 @ 07/24/14 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Piano PracticeYesterday, I played several styles of music...a little bit of Bach (a C major prelude) with trills in left hand. Very responsive with the WN&G action. In scope of the "big picture", in what you are
The Lounge Lizard physically modelled Rhodes would be good for this sound too - it can go VERY aggressive. The sound sounds like very aggressive tines in combination with some distortion/overdrive. Greg.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Halloween Fantasy and Tag! - student level pieces by Axtremus @ 07/24/14 09:46 AM

I am publishing two new short pieces by two young composers this week, both for Piano Solo. These are intermediate student level pieces so I figure I'd share them here in case any of them interests teachers looking for new pieces for their students.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by Minnesota Marty @ 07/24/14 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By: biasa199... and it sounded so perfect that I thought it was a digital piano. This statement makes me weep, and not with joy.
I'm not sure if you are open to hardware suggestions, but my Kawai MP7 easily nails that sound. You have 5 different amp simulations with adjustable EQ's, mic simulations with placement and distortion. So you can really get any Rhodes sound that you
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Grands then playing The New Roland by BrianDX @ 07/24/14 09:35 AM

Originally Posted By: StrangeCatThe Whole Point of owning a Digital Piano is being able to wear head phones, play whenever you want, being able to use Midi, and never having to constantly tune the instrument. I think 440 is low vibration tuning by t
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer electric piano sound by toddy @ 07/24/14 09:30 AM

It's funny how this sounds so much better than the earlier post of a real Wurlizer. Yes it is! Casio sounds (considerably) more like a Wurlitzer electric piano than a real Wurlitzer electric piano. Though it has something to do with the playing, whi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on best way to structure my practicing... by Greg Lloyd @ 07/24/14 09:28 AM

Hi MZCT, Sounds like you are working a lot on the scales and exercises more than just having fun on the piano. Great you are writing music! That's awesome! When I practice I do a warm up of varies scales and exercises. Then I do the stuff I don't w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by BrainCramp @ 07/24/14 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: gsmonks I've been studying, writing and writing about classical music, probably a lot longer than you've been alive. I began composing in the 1950's. You're probably not old enough to know how the classical world has changed s
The Nils Landgren solo sounds like it could have a ring modulator and some compression &/or overdrive to sustain the notes. But this is just a guess A popular effect on the Rhodes in the 70's was the ring modulator rather than straight distorti
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by Robert Scott @ 07/24/14 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: BDBSure, I understand. There are several ways of looking at things. Partials are an abstraction that come from the Fourier series approximation of a periodic function. My only objection is to those people who think there are har
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie Needs Help by BrianDX @ 07/24/14 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Morodiene[In order to really get a good upright, though, she'd have to spend more than $3k I think. And I do believe that a digital in that price range would rival the action of a grand, vs. an upright. In the end, and upright a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things are not working out for me by WiseBuff @ 07/24/14 09:18 AM

Teodor Most of us have reached such down moments as we trek through life...they feel overwhelming and final. They are not. Whether it is piano, a college degree, raising children, living with a spouse, dealing with a health crisis or losing a loved
Originally Posted By: Ed FooteGreetings, ... It is a simple matter to wind the first coil in the direction of the curvature, and then, after placing the wire in the bridge pins, go around the hitch pin while reversing the curvature. It is a sim
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer electric piano sound by 36251 @ 07/24/14 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Scott HamlinThere is a great "Trampy" Wurlie preset called "Hello Stranger" on the PX-5S. Video demo: It's funny how this sounds so much better than the earlier post of a real Wurlizer.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie to ABRSM exams by Axtremus @ 07/24/14 09:15 AM

To answer Opus_Maximus' questions: Originally Posted By: Opus_MaximusCuriously, I have just inherited some transfer students who are heck-bent on taking these exams. I live in California, and am thus far only familiar with our "CM" exam -
Ed Foote, Have you installed wire twisted at Arledge's 45deg, which is what I see as the issue to be avoided? This is the twist that I find most likely to happen if a clear protocol is not established to avoid it. Jim Ialeggio
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by BrianDX @ 07/24/14 09:11 AM

NP. Just be be clear, they "own" Bosendorfer but don't "interfere" with their operations I believe...
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with MIDI: One question. by Kawai James @ 07/24/14 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: 90SITAthe p35 has just one 1/4" jack input labeled as "phones" Yes, I'm afraid the P35 does not feature any input jacks, therefore it will not be possible to connect your laptop's audio output in order to hear t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by biasa199 @ 07/24/14 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXThey own Bosendorfer... Oh wow. I didn't know that. I guess I learned something new today. Thanks Brian.
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with MIDI: One question. by Digitalguy @ 07/24/14 09:07 AM

Originally Posted By: 90SITAOriginally Posted By: Kawai James Connect the line output from your laptop into the input jacks on your keyboard, then disable the 'Local On' MIDI setting on your keyboard. Hi, thanks for the reply... (forgive me, I'm ju
Originally Posted By: BDBHarmonics are an artificial construct which reflect the way that a waveform is approximated by a Fourier series. The waveform depends on the initial conditions of the wave, that is, the shape the string is when it begins to m
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by BrianDX @ 07/24/14 09:07 AM

They own Bosendorfer...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things are not working out for me by Morodiene @ 07/24/14 09:05 AM

I feel where you're at. Believe me, every musician goes through this. Let me tell you that first of all, just because you're in a slump doesn't mean all is lost. As far as being able to teach kids in a school, you do not need to be able to play the
Page 34 of 39 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 38 39 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
93 registered (AndrewJCW, alfstan, Abby Pianoman, 29 invisible), 1442 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75522 Members
42 Forums
156175 Topics
2293478 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I'm Back!!
by warlock214
16 minutes 39 seconds ago
Ex-Veteran wants to return, is it possible ?
by Spektre
23 minutes 55 seconds ago
Summer Camp
by myip
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Interview with Arnaldo Cohen
by vlhorowitz
Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Interview with Arnaldo Cohen
by vlhorowitz
Yesterday at 10:53 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission