Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
156 registered (Albunea, 5019, anamnesis, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1626 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Congratulations Brian! That's such a nice story! Very inspiring.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by Ronnie J @ 05/27/15 11:01 PM

Sounds great! I'm going to pick up some reading material this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks guys!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by Cinnamonbear @ 05/27/15 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By proutIn reply to the OP, who asked about staccato marks with the sustain pedal engaged, here is a test. I have recorded 4 forte arpeggios using four different attacks - first staccato from well above the keys, second staccato
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by grace_note @ 05/27/15 10:53 PM

Welcome to the forum, Ronnie J! Let us know how you are progressing and if you have any questions....we're here to help!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-130R review by pv88 @ 05/27/15 10:51 PM

Another option might be to return or trade in your Roland for another keyboard? If originally purchased from a store they should allow you to do so. And, I would test it at the store to see if it has keys that make less noise than the Roland althou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you buy your sheet music from? by malkin @ 05/27/15 10:38 PM

Still no delivery. Now I am engaged in a useless exchange with a customer service advisor who said: "Your package should have arrived by now" and that I should check with the postal service to see if they are holding it for me.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By hreichgottcongratulations to both of you! Thanks! Based on the last few months of preparing for today, and then having today finally happen, I have a new appreciation of why some teachers are for this concept in general, and why
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By keystring ... I still have to clear away things which might take up to an hour, and that's not acceptable here. It's acceptable to me. I'm not aware of any rules. If thinking more like 8 hours later though, likely better to be
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-130R review by JaneW @ 05/27/15 10:10 PM

The key noise is caused by mechanical sticking of the keys by my fingers, so regardless of whether I use headphones or not they are there, and they will disturb other people in my home
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By beet31425What we perceive as tone is an epiphenomenon, or secondary phenomenon, derived from all the things that *are* under a pianist's control: timing, voicing, release, pedal, slight changes in d
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By malkinWay to go Brian and Mrs. DX! John, Many happy returns of the day! Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2 from 2003 by TunerJeff @ 05/27/15 10:01 PM

Probably a bit on the high side. That price is likely what they paid for it back in 2003, or only a little below. In 2002 a local theater bought a C2 for $14K. But, that was a heavily discounted price for the dealer to get a highly visible piano into
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by fizikisto @ 05/27/15 09:54 PM

JaneW, Yes, I agree with kawai James that headphones are in order. You can then have a more natural volume that let's you play with less force which should let you reduce the thumping that would disturb your housemates. Although be very carefu
Adult Beginners Forum
Way to go Brian and Mrs. DX! John, Many happy returns of the day!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha C2 from 2003 by RaindropPrelude @ 05/27/15 09:38 PM

Hello everyone, Just wondering what the price for a used Yamaha C2 from 2003 would roughly be now? I'm looking at a used one for 18k, which I think is way too high. Any thoughts before I go in making an offer? It's in great condition, though I have
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By GreenerThe idea is that you would only claim it, if you planned to work on it right away. Taking the time needed of course. It is not a race. However, it still needs to be claimed. At the moment of course, it is not. Thanks, Gr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Tone" and "balance" by hreichgott @ 05/27/15 09:28 PM

^ a very excellent explanation. Tone is about whether a single note sounds beautiful or not. The way I talk about tone with children is often about singing. We also talk about a "wimpy" or "shy" tone (too weak) or a "thumpy&
Piano Teachers Forum
congratulations to both of you!
Pianist Corner
OK Nikolas, "Flood Time" by Eric Thiman sounds like "Flood Time" by Eric Thiman, unless I am missing something! (which is possible)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What did you practise today? by hreichgott @ 05/27/15 09:13 PM

congrats Svenno!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How a pianist's 'touch' affects tone - NOT! by hreichgott @ 05/27/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By beet31425What we perceive as tone is an epiphenomenon, or secondary phenomenon, derived from all the things that *are* under a pianist's control: timing, voicing, release, pedal, slight changes in dynamics. The more I think and e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by phacke @ 05/27/15 09:09 PM

Greetings, I'm more wondering about the storage conditions (environment) of the piano for the month of June, and if that is cause for concern. Best wishes-
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by PaintedPostDave @ 05/27/15 09:08 PM

Yes, I forgot about the turbo-encabulator.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-130R review by pv88 @ 05/27/15 08:57 PM

@JaneW, Have you tried practicing at night with a pair of headphones? This cuts off the "sounds" from the speakers.
Jump to new posts Re: Convince me? by bennevis @ 05/27/15 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By calfConnectedness—I've seen this term a few times but what does it refer to? When it is said the Roland V-Piano has better "finger-to-sound connectedness", what is the issue about? Well, as I'm one of the few here wh
Page 34 of 38 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chickering Concert Grand Piano approx 1853
by Chuck Watson
05/29/15 05:17 PM
Intro to 'Steppin' Out' live
by Visalia
05/29/15 04:10 PM
White chalk-like substance on metal rods at bottom of piano
by kiwik
05/29/15 03:51 PM
Key requires more velocity to achieve same volume as others
by Schick
05/29/15 03:05 PM
Returning to piano after 11 year absence
by Isabelle1949
05/29/15 01:12 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,462 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,429 Topics
2,412,232 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission