Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Pinblocks & bridges... How long do they last? by Piano Practice @ 04/18/14 03:58 PM

Hello Everyone, Im seriously considering the purchase of either a rebuilt Mason & Hamlin A or Mason & Hamlin AA grand piano, specifically, one made prior to 1930new hammers, strings, etc. Assuming the piano has not been in any adverse c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by ando @ 04/18/14 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: cromax EDIT: Yes it was kind of a story for selling it but even if the piano was from 2004 he could have selled it later am I right? No. It's a used piano. No dealer keeps a piano in their showroom for 10 years. It's been taken
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Polyphonist @ 04/18/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: SvennoOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: SvennoI love it how you purposefully left the beethoven out, even though i told you numerous times that there's no way i can leave it out of the program... Why can't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by cromax @ 04/18/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: cromaxOriginally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: cromaxYou're right, I should have clarified it better.. The guy said that he sold the piano recently but it wasn't paid until a limit time so they j
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Question about monitor speakers with keyboard by slowtraveler @ 04/18/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: voxpopsThis is a frequent problem that is cured by placing a mixer or other preamp in the signal chain between instrument and speakers. Even low priced small mixers these days are of good quality and will not color the sound muc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Svenno @ 04/18/14 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: SvennoI love it how you purposefully left the beethoven out, even though i told you numerous times that there's no way i can leave it out of the program... Why can't you leave it out? Your progr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by ando @ 04/18/14 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: cromaxOriginally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: cromaxYou're right, I should have clarified it better.. The guy said that he sold the piano recently but it wasn't paid until a limit time so they just took the piano back to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Nothing much -- coins, pencils, marbles, sequins, deceased rodents....
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Polyphonist @ 04/18/14 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: SvennoI love it how you purposefully left the beethoven out, even though i told you numerous times that there's no way i can leave it out of the program... Why can't you leave it out? Your program is already enormously lopsided
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Polyphonist @ 04/18/14 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: SvennoOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: SvennoI think that playing the 3rd mvt of the moonlight alone is as much, or even more of a cliche than playing the 1st mvt alone, yet many pianists have played either
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Svenno @ 04/18/14 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: SvennoCould you finally Please tell me in what order do you think i should play these pieces? Mendelssohn, Grieg, Chopins, Rachmaninoff, Shostakovich, Part. Thanks. I love it how you purposef
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano "hissing" by MacMacMac @ 04/18/14 03:42 PM

Forty years ago only the most expensive audio equipment was hiss-free. Not so today. You should hear no hiss at all. If you do, it's either a design defect or a manufacturing defect. Either way it's not acceptable. Take it back!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Polyphonist @ 04/18/14 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SvennoOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: SvennoI think that playing the 3rd mvt of the moonlight alone is as much, or even more of a cliche than playing the 1st mvt alone, yet many pianists have played either
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by cromax @ 04/18/14 03:39 PM

Yeah that was bad from my part should have clarified it better! :s I think the piano is from 2006 but I'm not sure. The warranty would be has any piano on that store, 5 years warranty. EDIT: Yes it was kind of a story for selling it but even if the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Svenno @ 04/18/14 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: SvennoI think that playing the 3rd mvt of the moonlight alone is as much, or even more of a cliche than playing the 1st mvt alone, yet many pianists have played either of them alone, at recitals.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Polyphonist @ 04/18/14 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SvennoCould you finally Please tell me in what order do you think i should play these pieces? Mendelssohn, Grieg, Chopins, Rachmaninoff, Shostakovich, Part.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by ando @ 04/18/14 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: cromaxYou're right, I should have clarified it better.. The guy said that he sold the piano recently but it wasn't paid until a limit time so they just took the piano back to the store from the guy who bought it but didn't pay h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Polyphonist @ 04/18/14 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SvennoI think that playing the 3rd mvt of the moonlight alone is as much, or even more of a cliche than playing the 1st mvt alone, yet many pianists have played either of them alone, at recitals. I disagree, and which pianists
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by PianoWorksATL @ 04/18/14 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: cromaxAnyway I think I'm going to get a technician to check the piano before buying it! Also check on the status of the warranty. I hope it works out for you.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by ando @ 04/18/14 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyI think we were all working under the assumption that it was new. Originally Posted By: cromaxBoth of this pianos were new and costed around the same price- note that the kawai is on sale - (12000-13000 ). Yes
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by keystring @ 04/18/14 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: TimR But, the parent can take a sample lesson with each of the area teachers. But will the parents know what to pay attention to? Again, I'm going back to my experience as parents and then new student over a decade ago, and co
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by JohnSprung @ 04/18/14 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Shabbat Shalom (in our case, I believe the target should be thought of as the beginning of the sound rather than the bottom of the keyboard. Yes, absolutely right. Once the jack trips out from under the knuckle, the hammer f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by cromax @ 04/18/14 03:29 PM

You're right, I should have clarified it better.. The guy said that he sold the piano recently but it wasn't paid until a limit time so they just took the piano back to the store from the guy who bought it but didn't pay his debt. But from what the g
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Svenno @ 04/18/14 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistWhat Schumann? By the way, it's never a good idea to run yourself into a corner so that you have to stuff your entire repertoire into a recital and barely have enough, therefore no flexibility. Perhaps I wouldn't ob
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by TimR @ 04/18/14 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: keystringOriginally Posted By: TimR Yeah, I think I did. But it isn't any easier for the teacher to do this search. A teacher knows what to look for and what is needed. Agreed. The good ones anyway. Quote:A parent witho
Page 34 of 43 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 43 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
92 registered (36251, ando, Alux, 34 invisible), 1215 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153600 Topics
2251201 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Greg Pauley in Concert June 1st, Sunday 3:30pm
by Larry Buck
04/20/14 07:58 AM
Happy Easter!
by Marko in Boston
04/20/14 06:58 AM
Easter Themed Recordings - Kawai CA95
by wolferblade
04/20/14 04:55 AM
First recordings - Some music for Easter
by wolferblade
04/20/14 01:01 AM
Recorded a song on my workstation tonight
by Arizona Sage
04/20/14 12:04 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission