Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
138 registered (ando, Anita Potter, AZ_Astro, Al LaPorte, A Guy, anamnesis, 37 invisible), 1282 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Burn out and joy by Sand Tiger @ 03/01/15 10:30 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I'll answer my own questions. What brings me the most joy is free play. Just noodling around. This is how I do most of my composition. When I "find" a phrase it is like finding a buried treasure. When I can finis
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai's, Virtual Technician and "piano rumble" by bennevis @ 03/01/15 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By dewster When you play around with a variety of instruments you naturally experience their strengths and weaknesses. I desire as many of these strengths as possible in a single instrument, is that a crime? If you invented a keyb
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By TimR With the dotted eighth sixteenth pattern, 1-e-and-uh had no effect. That's easy for me, but it leads me to suspect I know the rhythm first and how to count it second, because counting it did very l
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about dynamic range by Charles Cohen @ 03/01/15 10:04 AM

I think there are three separately-adjustable things here: (I'm thinking in DP terms, not acoustic-piano terms): 1. The "touch curve" -- the relationship between how hard you strike a key, and the MIDI velocity that is generated; 2. The
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky octaves by Damon @ 03/01/15 09:58 AM

Although she holds the first octave a little long, the speed isn't reduced much until the bars past the one you posted where she also has the cover of a rallentando. I would agree if you said she started to soon. Maybe she didn't want to show off.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by 9190 @ 03/01/15 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai Jamesthe previous software updates are kept online - just change the URL accordingly, for example: http://www.kawai-global.com/data/updates/mp7_v105.zip Thanks, James, it works. Except version 1.00. I've tried that link:
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Metronomes - good or bad? by malkin @ 03/01/15 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI hate mine. I hid it and told my teacher it had been stolen. She got out her phone, on which she has a free app metronome and even plugged it into my computer speakers... Wait--How old are you? You write very wel
Jump to new posts Re: Question to Montrealers by kanadajin @ 03/01/15 09:57 AM

No worries, they are still there and open for business on Jean-Talon, next to the market (I was there about 2 months ago). Their web site has been under re-construction for several months (since late summer/early fall I think), so is not a reliable i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the pianos Paderewski recorded on by pianolive @ 03/01/15 09:43 AM

http://crq.org.uk/Files/File/download.php?file=paderewski_discography.pdf There is a discography here which confirms the information.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by Jytte @ 03/01/15 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By CarlosCC47. Jytte - Menuet in G major (BWV anh 114) - Congratulations for your first "real" piece of music. I was wondering what you wanted to mean by "real" and I suppose you were thinking about the process o
Originally Posted By bennevisIs this a thread for 'A bad workman blames his piano'? Or more accurately '....blames whoever invented an instrument that he can't be bothered learning to play properly'? I'm not being negative for its own sake, rather
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strength of fundamental vs harmonics by krikorik @ 03/01/15 09:32 AM

Dave is it my impression or half way between F and G the fundamental is not present? If you follow the fundamental lne on the plot it seems that at that region there is none
Jump to new posts Re: Zarenbourg by Waldorf by ElmerJFudd @ 03/01/15 09:24 AM

According to Sweetwater, the Zarenbourg will arrive in the US, spring 2015. Quote:Arriving in the U.S. The Spring! After a long wait, the Waldorf Zarenbourg will finally be making it's US debut later this year. If you are interested in reservi
Originally Posted By dewster Guitar is so much easier for the beginner, it's mostly just pattern recognition. Sure, if you are happy taking the crappy road to guitar learning.... My students don't take this road, however.
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by jefinho @ 03/01/15 09:19 AM

Quote: Thank you so much Philip, I can't believe my ears! I thought it was going to take lots of years before doing something better than Galaxy Vintage D. But I heard carefully the Garritan CFX, and it definetely raised the bar, I never heard someth
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas Too by David Boyce @ 03/01/15 09:19 AM

Congratulations to Lucas, and to his mentor. It is heartening indeed to see a young person coming into this field, and accomplishing so much in a short time. Great things lie ahead, I am sure!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long is this piano? What does "Cola" mean? by pianolive @ 03/01/15 09:09 AM

If it is that long it would be a 3/4 Size. The 1/1 Size is 280 cm. It is hard to see the actual length from the picture, but as it is called half size I don't think it is longer than a Steinway B. There are several definitions of "Cola". On
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by fizikisto @ 03/01/15 09:03 AM

I Just received the following email about the site. It looks like Rachel will indeed go ahead with all the books and videos. Really great news! Here's the email: The campaign is all wrapped up, and I raised 50% of my goal! This is actually a won
Piano Forum
"Cola" means tail in Spanish. I'm used to the French version of this: "piano à queue". The French usually use these categories (the sizes I give are indicative of my experience, but I don't think there is any set rule for this: p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long is this piano? What does "Cola" mean? by Carlos-CR @ 03/01/15 09:00 AM

According to yahoo: https://es.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110818204216AAIei3K Piano de 1/4 de cola: from 131 to 189 cm long. Piano de 1/2 cola: from 190 to 225 cm long Piano de 3/4 de cola: from 226 to 255 cm long Piano de cola de co
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by wimpiano @ 03/01/15 08:58 AM

If I were you I would stay away from hypnotherapists and so on. It's a dangerous path.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long is this piano? What does "Cola" mean? by Guapo Gabacho @ 03/01/15 08:58 AM

Media cola is a Spanish term meaning baby grand. Many people call a grand piano of any length a baby grand including my 7 footer.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Burn out and joy by wimpiano @ 03/01/15 08:55 AM

Losing yourself in the music!!!! The overall sense of achievement comes second to that. I love the feeling when everything falls together and I can close my eyes and play as if there is nothing else in the world but beautiful music.. About things I
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by pold @ 03/01/15 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By Philip_JohnstonLFYM - I'm adding to this because you mentioned you were a classical pianist. All the videos below were recorded using the Garritan CFX, and are designed to test the credibility of the instrument as a classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about dynamic range by WillMedic @ 03/01/15 08:53 AM

Am currently working out how to set up my CS4 best for different pieces. I see what you mean about narrow dynamic range but to be honest it is not enormously different to comparable pianos I played from Yamaha (though I haven't played Roland). Howeve
Page 35 of 36 < 1 2 33 34 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1890 Steinway "B"...
by Entheo
03/03/15 07:24 AM
Carpet under grand piano
by pinkfloydhomer
03/03/15 06:58 AM
Need help to identify 41 key piano (Herrburger Brooks)
by Paulmk5
03/03/15 06:01 AM
Glenn Gould on television - Music in the U.S.S.R.
by pianoman9
03/03/15 05:35 AM
What is the key of your life?
by piano_friend
03/03/15 03:20 AM
Forum Stats
78,379 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,029 Topics
2,379,055 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission