Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
162 registered (alfredo capurso, anamnesis, 36251, ajames, Almaviva, A Guy, 32 invisible), 1635 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Haydn, die Sieben Worte by Johan B @ 03/30/15 03:26 PM

Hi there, Yesterday, we travelled to our friends some km's from home. In the car we listened from a classical radiostation to one of the Haydn Sonatas 'Die sieben Worte unserer Erlössers am Kreuz. Today I looked the sheets up in my library........
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for an adult Beginner. by Prinz @ 03/30/15 03:22 PM

Oh thanks for your detailed answer. Stage or cabinet style doesn't matter. I am lucky in that point because my wife has the solution for both solutions (to place them in the suitable room) You are right CN24 is for 980 Euro in Sale here in Germany
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by R_B @ 03/30/15 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneOriginally Posted By R_B I will agree that fairly large numbers of combinations can arise, but "virtually infinite" has no meaning. Let's try to calculate it approximately. Let's get only a single piano key.
Jump to new posts Re: New Pianos from Native Insturments :) by PhJ. @ 03/30/15 03:17 PM

No, as far as I understand, it's Steinway & Bechstein ('the maverick' being the 1905 Bechstein ; & the upright is Bechstein too I think) Haven't tried them yet, maybe the summer sale will be the time to upgrade my NI"s Komplete
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for an adult Beginner. by Morodiene @ 03/30/15 03:10 PM

I say the F-20 and ES100 because those are the low end models. Actually the Roland F-120 is a discontinued model, but slightly higher end. The F-20 and F-120 both have the same action, however, and the action is the most important thing, next is soun
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales and arpeggios by Sebs @ 03/30/15 03:09 PM

When practicing scales and arpeggios what other tips do you all find to helpful? A few questions I've be wondering are: 1: Best to learn it in 1 octave then add more octaves? Go up and back down? 2: L and R hands together? 3: Is it good to say the
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by PhJ. @ 03/30/15 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By dire tonicNow, try playing a repeated note at the same velocity. Unless you're a robot there's no way you're going to get, say, v= 78, 78,78,78,78,78....ad inf, instead, you'll probably achieve something like 75,79,72,80,81...etc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts JUPA Question by Biff Steel @ 03/30/15 03:04 PM

I've been noticing "JUPA certified" tags on what I assume are ads for gray market Kawai & Yamaha pianos. Does anyone know if this certification means anything in terms of actual quality, prep, etc., or is it essentially a standard-less
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Back pain when playing, how to relax? by Tuneless @ 03/30/15 02:58 PM

I have arthritis in hips and back, and you seem too young for such problems, but strange things do happen. For me, sitting on the front edge of the bench helps, something about allowing the thighs to head downward, and not being horizontal as requir
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to amplify Yamaha CP-70 by Inspectorkrum @ 03/30/15 02:57 PM

So I know this thread is somewhat old, but I just purchased a Cp-70b and was wondering what everyone thinks about pairing it with a Marshall Class 5 tube combo amp? Seems like it has a big enough speaker to handle the low end, plus I think it would s
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by OneWatt @ 03/30/15 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By lolatuYeah I read this somewhere else. In fact, what is illegal is: to prevent people from re-selling their licences. If Synthogy want to operate in Europe, they are obliged to allow and facilitate license transfers. Thank you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Retsacnal @ 03/30/15 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By Almaviva+1 for Turandot for your most recent post. However, I still have two questions: 1) If Ms. Ceralova feels that her pianos shouild be priced commensurate with their quality, that's fine. However, it should be pointed out
Piano Teachers Forum
OK, here's a basic question. Are you looking for backers so that the student doesn't pay full fare for his or her piano lessons? That's what it sounds like, some sort of subsidized learning, centering on the piano. There's nothing wrong with this, t
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for an adult Beginner. by Prinz @ 03/30/15 02:47 PM

ok "money" speaking i was impressed by the F-20 or ES100, but it was clear that they will not "live" so long. But "heart" speaking i liked the F-120 and my wife the CN24. Since we are beginners, i don't know if those ar
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by lolatu @ 03/30/15 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By Thomas BHi Austin, end user agreements that prohibit resale might not be valid in some countries, see e.g Press statement for Case C-128/11. Best regards, Thomas Yeah I read this somewhere else. In fact, what is illegal is:
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for an adult Beginner. by Morodiene @ 03/30/15 02:38 PM

They're all good, although I would leave out the ES100 or the F-20. Those are pretty low end and will probably be less satisfying in the long run. Which one did you and your wife like the best? I ask this based solely on instinct and where your hea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things Top Practicers Do Differently by Morodiene @ 03/30/15 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By Ataru074One little thing... The practice test wasn't in a controlled environment and, even if you lock the students in a room without a piano, there is no way to say if o
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
hi, i'm just about to start out learning piano tuning and I have to purchase a new piano since my other one is away from me for most of the time. which piano would you recommend for someone who is about to start out mastering the basic skills like
Jump to new posts Digital Piano for an adult Beginner. by Prinz @ 03/30/15 02:34 PM

Hi everybody, i would like first of all to thank you all for the posts here. I enjoyed reading many threads, especially those helping me now choosing a DP. I am an adult beginner and had started a month ago learning. Now i am planning to buy a DP
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in front of other people by rocket88 @ 03/30/15 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By bennevis If you look at where the music repeats (at the double bar lines) in classical music, it's always either in the same key as at the beginning, or (more likely) the dominant, subdominant or relative major/minor, not to men
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Saranoya @ 03/30/15 02:32 PM

My AOTW is this (audio file on box.com) and this (PDF of the sheet music that goes with the audio) . It is (obviously) not a recording of me playing. It's a file that was automatically generated when Sibelius converted my sheet music into audio
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by OneWatt @ 03/30/15 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacI read the cited Wiki article. I cannot vouch for its correctness, but it plainly states that what augustm says is correct. The OP bought the physical items, so they were sold. And so he can subsequently sell (or gift)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT- another short story by wimpiano @ 03/30/15 02:31 PM

I take my hat of for this. (Although I don't have one I will take my virtual hat off). What a brilliant story with a surprising plot..
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Ulrich @ 03/30/15 02:22 PM

Kawai James, I have a special question: I'm interested in the MP7 as a masterkeyboard. There are four faders for zone volume on the MP7. I would like to use them as free controllers for my daw (ableton live). Is this possible?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by turandot @ 03/30/15 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By Almaviva How can she justify premium prices in the U.S. when she can't get them in her own back yard? 2) What the heck is "violin corpus construction"? On the pricing disparity, I listed that myself as #6 of the diff
Page 35 of 37 < 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Duets on 1 or 2 pianos?
by chasingrainbows
04/01/15 10:58 AM
If your life was described by a piece of music
by pianoloverus
04/01/15 10:46 AM
When - and why - does a pianist become 'famous'?
by bennevis
04/01/15 10:32 AM
1000 dirty pianos
by Davepost
04/01/15 08:04 AM
sluggish action in Weber vertical
by Davepost
04/01/15 07:53 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,727 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,906 Topics
2,391,144 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission