Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by MikeN @ 07/23/14 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: MikeN So it seems we are in agreement. Now I must ask why this discussion was necessary. I don't know; you asked some questions so I figured I'd answer them So be it. One you chimed it, I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
My ear clearly hears that some third partials partials are louder than the fourth partial. On adjacent notes, the fourth partial is louder than the third. There is little point in choosing a 6:3 octave for A2/A3 if the fourth partial of A2 overwhel
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: grand care by BrianDX @ 07/23/14 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: jdwWait, why would barefoot playing bother you? We play the keys with bare hands, after all . I don't know about you but I keep my hands WAY cleaner than my feet
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Paul678Well, ultimately, you cannot please everyone. Ricky Nelson, "Garden Party" 1972.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie Needs Help by musdan @ 07/23/14 01:10 PM

Hi Piano Jill - welcome to Piano World - we're a friendly group of music lovers. The Piano Forum is a good place to post your question - you will get good advice on what to look for when looking for a piano. Follow your dreams and if you can find a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by Atrys @ 07/23/14 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeN So it seems we are in agreement. Now I must ask why this discussion was necessary. I don't know; you asked some questions so I figured I'd answer them
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts LAST CALL - Piano Newsletter Ideas! by Piano World @ 07/23/14 01:05 PM

LAST CALL for suggestions for our Piano Newsletter! We're looking for ideas for our Piano World Newsletter http://www.pianoworld.com/Newsletters sent to our 36,000+ piano loving subscribers. Our newsletters also get permanently posted on our web si
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 25 Vintage Steinways by Paul678 @ 07/23/14 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: DanS10 grand a piece is awfully pricey, especially buying in bulk. What would be a more reasonable price, for each, and in bulk? Just wondering...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by MikeN @ 07/23/14 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: MikeNSure, but this depends on taste, does it not? Hence it's subjective? Yes, that is what I meant in the second part of this text (the first part is the objective fact): Objective reality: "I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help for Newbie by Minnesota Marty @ 07/23/14 01:04 PM

Hi Jill - Welcome to Piano World! You might start out by nosing around any piano dealerships in your area and there should be many. Check out used vertical instruments and your buck will go further than trying to shop for a grand. Well within your
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by Atrys @ 07/23/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeNSure, but this depends on taste, does it not? Hence it's subjective? Yes, that is what I meant in the second part of this text (the first part is the objective fact): Objective reality: "I play this piece in some way
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by MikeN @ 07/23/14 01:00 PM

Sure, but this depends on taste, does it not? Hence it's subjective?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help for Newbie by BrianDX @ 07/23/14 12:59 PM

One other thing I'll add. There are a couple of dealers in the Baltimore / D.C. area (one that posts regularly here) that have several used acoustic upright pianos in the $3K to $4K range that I personally would love to call my own. And if you can
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by gooddog @ 07/23/14 12:57 PM

These are all great posts. Please keep them coming. @bennevis, I finally had time to listen to the clips you suggested. Did you notice how Horowitz plays on the tail end of the beat? This gives it a lush quality. @neuralfirings, the Ted talk was ve
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital piano has the heaviest keys? by Delphian2001 @ 07/23/14 12:56 PM

Bummer! How about the action on Roland RD-700 / RD-800?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by Atrys @ 07/23/14 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeN Though you could probably consider such a perception objective, it's still subjective. Is it not? With certain things, yes. For instance, one can fall under the delusion that some genre of music is objectively "bad&
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by Nikolas @ 07/23/14 12:52 PM

I think that the missing 5% (or 10%) is the answer to the simple question: WHY? I'll provide an example. I've always been good at notating scores. Lovely little things came out of my computer, and previous to that from my trusty pen and manuscript.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help for Newbie by michaelha @ 07/23/14 12:50 PM

You may be able to get a not too old (under 15 yrs) smaller baby-grand from Yamaha or Kawai. Probably something in the 5'0 - 5'6" range. Something like a Kawai GM or GE series. There are also Chinese made pianos but it seems like pre-2009 the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by MikeN @ 07/23/14 12:48 PM

I was generalizing. Though you could probably consider such a perception objective, it's still subjective. Is it not? I did fleetingly make such considerations before I asked.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by Trstan993 @ 07/23/14 12:47 PM

few month ago M.2 SSD became available that's about 30% faster than the current SSD. Check if your new laptop have internal port that support it. There are also external SSD for laptop that fits into your PCI express slot ( which is faster than usb)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help for Newbie by BrianDX @ 07/23/14 12:47 PM

Welcome Jill My wife and I went through this process almost a year ago. Along the way we have learned some interesting things. First, although I sometimes cringe at the thought of a "first piano", it most cases it makes sense. I think
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 25 Vintage Steinways by A443 @ 07/23/14 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: iLawWow. I had no idea that there were unrebuilt Steinways in those quantities sitting around in warehouses. This adds new insight to my understanding of Steinway's "Steinwas" argument. Indeed: 1) there are many of th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by Atrys @ 07/23/14 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeNIn other words, all things are subjective, yes? Not at all. But you can evaluate something that is subjective such that the mean perception can be considered objective given a scope, though this does not mean that all thin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by MikeN @ 07/23/14 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: MikeNAre we talking objectively wrong or subjectively wrong though? Objectively wrong. Yes, do you see that as impossible? Oh, excuse me. I did realize that wasn't in the form of a question?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by MikeN @ 07/23/14 12:41 PM

In other words, all things are subjective, yes? Well, that might be true, but I wanted an opinion with such distinctions even if they aren't necessarily solid.
Page 36 of 42 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41 42 >
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
89 registered (accordeur, 36251, Al LaPorte, AndrewJCW, ando, Alux, 25 invisible), 1433 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75509 Members
42 Forums
156147 Topics
2293100 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mendelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
Today at 04:08 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 02:46 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 01:47 AM
Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear
by khopin
Today at 12:54 AM
How struts define pitch variation between tunings
by Bosendorff
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission