Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
94 registered (36251, Barry1963, Auver, anotherscott, Al LaPorte, 18 invisible), 1188 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I want to replace the audio in a video file with one recorded directly from the piano at the same time. Can anyone recommend any software that will sync the two files easily? I have a Yamaha P155 full keyboard. I use a Windows computer. Thanks f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a used Grand. To Pass or buy? by Haydn 20 @ 01/28/15 09:12 AM

How do I add a pucture here.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Dennis in Canada @ 01/28/15 09:07 AM

Hi EM. Unfortunately I did not express myself clearly. I have a fantastic piano teacher presently who has taught me a lot in the past 6 years -- I am at the half-way mark of the Royal Conservatory of Music study program. What I meant is that in th
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by CyberGene @ 01/28/15 09:01 AM

Originally Posted By: mabramanNobody's being rude here, man. And this is not a church. Or is it? It would have been a church if I have tortured you instead of telling you not to be rude It is very common nowadays to label everything as "free
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: H. Steinway watch ? by guyl @ 01/28/15 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyI've got a Yamaha motorcycle. People with Yamaha vehicles are always surprised when I point out that the Yamaha logo consists of three tuning forks.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by David Jenson @ 01/28/15 08:57 AM

Working in the homes of private clients presents a situation where obsession can be a problem. You are an invited intruder, but an intruder none-the-less. I've learned to tune as cleanly and accurately as possible, and to do it as quickly as possible
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by bkw58 @ 01/28/15 08:53 AM

Unison tuning: strip muting and none. I may have left the impression that strip mutes are used for the duration. They are not. Only at the outset: Once, to get an overall snapshot, and again or more if a PR/change is called for or if the pitch is al
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: TunelessWell, much older students I mean. I can't remember names, I can't remember faces, and need lists for everything. Tried memorizing a simple melody 30 years ago (70 now) and gave up after I found I now hated the first fe
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by JulianinJP @ 01/28/15 08:46 AM

Hello, apropos New Kawai CA series. I went to a big music shop in Fukuoka last weekend. When I asked why their presented CA-15 was comparatively cheap, the guy told me, they need to make room for the next model, which would come out in February. I wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this progress?/How to tell if you're progressing? by RaggedKeyPresser @ 01/28/15 08:38 AM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90Originally Posted By: 255While that's true, this usually means memorizing every chunk of music and making it so perfect that we don't really follow the score anymore, leading to a bad habit.I know you've qualified your poi
Adult Beginners Forum
In Rachmaninoff op. 16. no. 4 there is a part in measures 15, 16 and 17 where quavers are attached to semiquavers by octaves. To voice these, they are played louder. Usually you here the top notes being played louder. However, the quaver and semiquav
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by mabraman @ 01/28/15 08:29 AM

Nobody's being rude here, man. And this is not a church. Or is it?
Adult Beginners Forum
About three months I learned a piece that had the melody in the right hand, and broken I, IV, and V7 chords in the left hand. Some of the chords were staccato. I ended up learning and passing the piece, however my left hand was not quite "sharp
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by CyberGene @ 01/28/15 08:19 AM

James is such a cool guy! I doubt you could find another guy working for a big company and expressing a tenth of the personal opinions James does here. He openly discusses and recommends other brands, he is using a Nord. I guess that speaks also very
Jump to new posts Re: Applying Superglue to Tuning Pins by Mark R. @ 01/28/15 08:06 AM

Yes, agreed with Mark. The water-thin CA is specifically formulated to wick into small cracks between parts, which the normal thickness CA will not do (at least not as well). The owner of the hobby shop where I found my water-thin CA, explained to m
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by toddy @ 01/28/15 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Brahms88lolatu, could you show me a link indicating that the Roland FP-80 has a PHA-IV keyboard? He didn't say that it did have PHA IV - he just said that Roland have two very different class of keyboard - lightweight & che
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: MarkarianI leave for vacation and come back and this thread is still going! In today's episode, "Pain in the Astoria," a hilarious case of mistaken identity ensues, where country boy from Carolina is set up on a blin
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by Greener @ 01/28/15 07:52 AM

I really wish I was writing to confirm, SwissMS but not quite yet. It looks gorgeous where you live. The venue you are preparing also looks nothing short of spectacular. I very much want to come but it is still a long shot for me. But then again, so
Jump to new posts Re: Applying Superglue to Tuning Pins by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 01/28/15 07:49 AM

Why not use a thicker glue? Because of the danger of being too thick to go into the gap. Loose pins are not wobbly eh. Really, there is no "gap". If the glue is too thin such that it soaks into the wood, then that seals the wood and a sec
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 keyboard noise by Allar A @ 01/28/15 07:41 AM

Thank you, good to know.
Page 36 of 36 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique?
by Paul678
01/30/15 04:06 AM
Interview w/Mark Polishook about learning how to Improvise
by Mark Polishook
01/30/15 04:06 AM
First digital piano after coda?
by Oberyn12
01/30/15 03:56 AM
What else do I need to tune a grand?
by pinkfloydhomer
01/30/15 03:30 AM
Software to assist in learning ?
by Freebird308
01/30/15 02:47 AM
Forum Stats
77923 Members
42 Forums
161054 Topics
2365820 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission