Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
97 registered (Almaviva, Amir, 36251, Anita Potter, ando, Allard, 27 invisible), 1313 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Walter Piano--Should I consider it? by Almaviva @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

I would definitely consider a Walter vertical piano,assuming it was in good condition. If the styling of this particular cabinet is too ornate for your taste, remember that Walter also makes a 45" studio vertical in a simple, institutional-styl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing without looking at the keyboard... by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 11:26 PM

Argh, I have the opposite problem. I am anchored to the page, visually, and lose my concentration easier when I look down. I almost never look down with the result that I do not look down even when it would help improve accuracy in a jump or if it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: [As off topic as possible] Greek Elections by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Do we really want to provoke political discussion here?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: [As off topic as possible] Greek Elections by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Nikolas....The results color me worried AND interested at the same time. Worried for too many reasons to list and interested because apparently EU leaders are very welcoming of the new prime minister.... Nikolas, I'm glad you st
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Grand - made in Chicago by ando @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: hoodun As a guitar maker, a pinblock is easy to cut out and file. I don't know about easy. It's possible, but you should seek A LOT of advice from piano technicians. If you stuff it up, it's an enormous waste of your time. Im
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is your favorite piano concerto? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: argerichfanOriginally Posted By: Polyphonist He also didn't specify what movement he meant. Well that would be the first movement. That is when Mozart gives the go ahead. Does he do that in any of the other movements in his con
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts [As off topic as possible] Greek Elections by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Hello to all, I know that this is totally off topic and most probably against some kind of rules, but I'd hope that I can share some light over the next few days on what's happening over here. In the process I hope that I'll stay away from anything
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is your favorite piano concerto? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Damon J.C. Care to elaborate on that Damon?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is your favorite piano concerto? by Damon @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisMozart is the father (& mother ) of the piano concerto. Bach (J.S. or PDQ) never wrote any....... J.C.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is your favorite piano concerto? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist He also didn't specify what movement he meant. Well that would be the first movement. That is when Mozart gives the go ahead. Does he do that in any of the other movements in his concertos? Thought that was too ob
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Grand - made in Chicago by Burnside Piano @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

Chicago Kimballs are not such bad pianos, actually. The near-universal loathing among techs for the brand is mostly aimed at the post-1959 models. That's when Kimball was bought by a furniture company and production was moved to Indiana, where qual
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nodame Cantabile by MegumiNoda @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

re: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso -- 1) It's probably either a perfect or terrible choice for someone who has to take a break from playing the piano due to illness... 2) The story line runs more along the line of (melo)drama/slice of life than NC's comed
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Walter Piano--Should I consider it? by leel @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

This piano is still up for sale. I haven't been to see it because of a ridiculous caveat. I'm not in love with the case, altho beautifully done. I like the simplicity of my Yamaha P2. Please tell me if I'm an idiot.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Palmpirate @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: casinitaly if you know a piece by heart you "own" it in a special way. I'd agree with that but it is a very long road for me to accomplish that! You've done a lot of things to get that piece fixed in your head - I do
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The new VAX MIDI Keyboard Controller by doremi @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

FWIW, as to the range of keys I actually use, I have put stickers on the keys to watch myself playing for nearly a year, and for non-classical pieces, I use only 68 keys F to C The Roland RD-64 would be 4 keys too short. Where does the bottom A co
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A nice thought by BruceD @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: RetsacnalI could see it in one of crazy Ludwig's castles, or a couple of Las Vegas abodes. Maybe even a wedding chapel. ... or in the setting of the closing scene of "2001, A Space Odyssey." Regards,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Refinish an Ancient Ornate Steinway or Not? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

Photographs?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Refinish an Ancient Ornate Steinway or Not? by hoodun @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

I am contemplating a refinish or an old 1860s Steinway, though I am not sure if that is the best thing to do. It is a beautiful piece. The finish is original and has patina charm. So much I am not sure if refinishing it is the way to go. Is it best t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Grand - made in Chicago by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

As a workhorse to learn on, free is the right price! If your goal is to fix it up and sell it, then your upside is gonna be very limited. It probably wouldn't be advisable to put a lot of money into it, but if you want to learn to tune, and perform
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing without looking at the keyboard... by pianolearnerstride @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Does your tactile memory fall apart if your stool height is changed, or the keyboard height changes... Meaning does this depend on everything being physically at the exact same spot?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kimball Grand - made in Chicago by hoodun @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

Are Kimballs really that bad. I've read some posts on here where technicians say its the worst piano ever. I have an opportunity to get one for free. The guy paid $1700 for it last year and said he needs it out of the house. I was going to use it t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

8Octaves, congratulations on passing your advanced theory exam!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ordering of practice routine by ZikO @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

IfOriginally Posted By: StubbieWhat are your thoughts regarding the best order of practice and does that match what you actually do? You are supposed to do something light while you're warming up because this is warming up not practicing. IMO if s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is your favorite piano concerto? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: JoelWI already tried that and didn't hear anything very electrifying. I looked it up and was confused as well. He also didn't specify what movement he meant.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to take formal lessons? by zillybug @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

I started taking piano lessons again almost 4 years ago after over 45 years. I plan to continue taking lessons as long as I am able to play. I cannot imagine not plying or having lessons now. I certainly still need a lot of help and have lots to lear
Page 4 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
[As off topic as possible] Greek Elections
by Nikolas
01/25/15 11:11 PM
Refinish an Ancient Ornate Steinway or Not?
by hoodun
01/25/15 10:27 PM
Kimball Grand - made in Chicago
by hoodun
01/25/15 09:48 PM
What are the pros for strip muting?
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
01/25/15 07:27 PM
Schirmer Piano Company
by Steve617
01/25/15 06:26 PM
Forum Stats
77836 Members
42 Forums
160923 Topics
2364119 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission