Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (Bsw, Auver, AndrewJCW, 36251, butchkoch, 18 invisible), 1268 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are Weber & Young Chong the same piano? Opinion by Carey @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By KurtZWhere there were 6 lines, 3 each of YC and W, there are now 3 total. My Piano is the Pramberger version of the present AW-121. Isn't Weber made offshore as in China or Indonesia? Wouldn't that give it a greater price
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Science of touch by Phil Stewart @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

More lead is installed in the keys in the bass to offset the weight of the heavier hammers. Balance weight is the important measurement, and is what the pianist really feels.
Jump to new posts Re: Discussing stretch with a professional tuner by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By rysowers This is why I gave up on well-temperaments. While the slower thirds were pleasant, the costs of faster-than-ET thirds were not. To my ear, equal temperament thirds are already at the limit of good taste. Which means th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Experiences with the Yamaha Arius 163? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Well, I would recommend trying everything, however the ES8 is my personal favourite at the moment. Kind regards, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help me decide on a first grand? (w/ pricing info) by carojm36 @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By gnuboiYou'll get used to the sound and touch. I'm still not used to the med heavy touch of my Kawai and it's been well over 2 years of playing daily. My tuner also said it was a perception thing because the tone is mellow.
Jump to new posts Re: Experiences with the Yamaha Arius 163? by lithedreamer @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Thanks for the heads-up James! Are there any other Kawai models in the ~$1500 price range I should check out while I'm there, assuming they're in stock?
Jump to new posts Re: I need a new piano for worship use. Help me choose? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By lsal1The Kawai MP6/MP7 have both caught my eye and both seem to seem like exactly what I'm looking for...I found a good condition (near mint) MP6 for a little over $1000, and a mint condition MP7 a little over $1400, I honestly l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Identifying Triads By Ear by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

Turned into quite a useful post, I was not sure I would get much advice. So much of piano seems to be just do it rather than look for a method. I have a lesson today so I will be sure to bring this up but thanks to everyone for your insights. After a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering for To a Wild Rose by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

That is a pretty piece. I think it's one of the first pieces I learned.
Jump to new posts Re: Can This Be Done? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

Bert, I believe Kawai's 'Scoremaker' software can scan scores, detect the notes, and then transpose. However, I'm afraid this software is not available outside of Japan. Kind regards, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Ken Iisaka @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Hi, y'all! Phew, what a week it was. I'm positively exhausted, but exhilarated as well by the experience. Mozart: the tempo was exactly as planned. However, one thing I tried not to show during performances was that I was in excruciating pain from
Jump to new posts Re: NYC SUBWAY-FRIENDLY KEYBOARD WITH DECENT ACTION AND SOUNDS by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

I have never travelled the NYC subway with a keyboard. But I did grow up in New York, and visit from time to time: . . . The cheaper, the better! From that point of view, the Yamaha Piaggero or PSR-series, or the Casio WK-series (there are many of
Jump to new posts Re: I need a new piano for worship use. Help me choose? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Off-the-wall: . . . Do you need 88 keys on the new keyboard? One possibility is to use something like a Yamaha MX49 (or MX61) as a sound generator, and keep your P155 as a physical keyboard. That will give you an 88-key range, even though the MX49
Jump to new posts Re: Experiences with the Yamaha Arius 163? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

lithedreamer, please note that the CE220 is largely sold by the larger musical instrument chain stores such as Sam Ash, Kraft, Musician's Friend etc. Independent Kawai piano dealers can still order and stock this model, however if you are visiting a
Jump to new posts Re: Plastic key click when doing Glissando by toddy @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By Piano Tipping I don't know how this compares to doing them on a real piano with wooden keys, as I do not have one available to experiment with. All pianos, whether acoustic or digital, cheap or expensive, old or new, Kawai o
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA97 sound board - is it worth the extra money? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Hello Tom, Originally Posted By Tom LCI wonder if you can direct me to where I find the sales manual you referred to. I'm curous as to the Jazz Piano and the Concert Grand samples. I'm afraid the DP sales manuals are only intended for Kawai dealer
Jump to new posts Science of touch by Weiyan @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

http://pianopricepoint.com/piano-touch-with-david-stanwood/ The touch equation seems rocket science. David Stanwood had talked the term dynamic touch. But I think this equation has not thing to do with dynamic weight. The point of finger touch the k
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe, Theatre, & Reed
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Transcription for the Organ by Moosedog @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

There are many piano versions which any competent organist could play.
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by JohnnyReb @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Thank you everyone for your help with this....I think I'm going to go for the LX-17 - I will probably buy it in a couple of months....excited!
Jump to new posts Re: Daily practice tuning - would it harm the piano? by Weiyan @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

Not necessary harm the piano. When I learning tuning, tuned my piano daily, pin to pin unison tuning, then temperament, octaves... It accumulated to thousand of tunings in a year. The pins are still tight. Now I am a tuning coach. In the classroom, t
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones with a Kawai CA series. by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Thanks for the update Tom! Cheers, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recording in sections: right or wrong? by Stephano @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisI'd guess that most classical pianists would record the complete work or movement, then small sections to correct mistakes afterwards, rather than short sections and joining up bits afterwards. Yes, good idea. This is how
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering for To a Wild Rose by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By AprilE It is this bass A, that surely almost no one could play while playing the tenor in M41, that I have such a problem with. MacDowell has it being played in 39 and tied over through 40, played again in 41 and tied over to the
Jump to new posts Re: I need a new piano for worship use. Help me choose? by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By EssBraceDon't think this has been covered so I'll ask...what amp/speakers do you use? Do you use the P155's onboard speakers and, if so, are they sufficient for your need? It needs consideration because all the others you're tal
Jump to new posts Re: 2 free CC Yamaha Pianos for Kontakt by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Even the full version is not good enough! I have Kontakt v5.4.2.245 The two pianos is question won't work with it. NI is in the habit of forcing us to upgrade every time a new library comes out.
Page 4 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Upright piano on ashore of the Caspian Sea
by Maximillyan
07/01/16 07:57 AM
Music Score Launch - Barbara Arens - Rendezvouz with Midnigh
by Nikolas
07/01/16 07:19 AM
What next? Suggestions for an intermediate piece
by charliefreak100
07/01/16 07:11 AM
Satellite City "Hot Stuff" CA Glue Glogs too Easily
by Musicdude
07/01/16 06:41 AM
Seeing Over the Top of a Yamaha U1/48" Piano
by RealFamilyMan
07/01/16 05:51 AM
Forum Stats
84,158 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,679 Topics
2,537,740 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission