Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
72 registered (AmateurBob, AndrewJCW, Bachus, accordeur, Anticlock, 16 invisible), 838 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

An inch or so of the GX-2 length is due to the longer keys/keysticks Kawai put on the GX series, so the length difference between the two pianos isn't quite the 5 inches the specs would indicate.
Adult Beginners Forum
I finally located an arrangement that is neither fabulously complicated nor mind numbingly simple; in other words it is at a suitably challenging level for me. It looks okay, is rather long, and has several key changes. So I've started and hope to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts regulating/reconditioning an old piano by Eric NYC @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

I recently got an 1893 Steinway upright, about 54" tall. It's in generally good condition. However a number of the notes need adjustment. Some notes have uneven touch (harder than they should be), a couple of notes ring (damper doesn't fully se
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet pulled in another direction again! by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 06:59 PM

Be forewarned: there are a lot of ragtime pieces out there. Mr. Stubbie got sucked in and has played over 140 of them. My favorites are: Solace: A Mexican Serenade (Joplin) recording Valse Venice (James Scott) Graceful Ghost Rag (William B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I had a fire with a lot of soot/smoke damage. by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By dejavoodoo114Of course, the insurance covers it but am I wasting their money? Its not "their" money, its your money. This, according to the contract you both agreed to..ie your policy. If its a replacement cost poli
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts I had a fire with a lot of soot/smoke damage. by dejavoodoo114 @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

The fire itself was not huge but the soot/smoke damage was. I bought a Vose & Son 5'1" baby grand in December so that myself and my children could learn. Well, my contractors kept saying it just had to be wiped down and that it was okay to p
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt's Piano Concerto #1 in Eb by LaReginadellaNotte @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

I should add a disclaimer for anyone who might have listened. Certain passages sound overpedaled, but that's the way that my professor and my accompanist were telling me to play. They insisted that in a large hall, lots and lots of pedal is needed.
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By Roy123 My models show that the ratio is quite constant throughout the key stroke (until letoff, of course), increasing somewhat because of the jack hitting a slightly different part of the knuckle as the hammer rises, and also
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Why do high-end Casio pianos have less tones than low end? by David Farley @ Yesterday at 06:27 PM

My neighbor bought a CDP-230 from Costco, and I played it a little. It's pretty nice. Just as a point of interest. With the Casio PX-5S you get fewer voices overall than the CDP-230, but you can edit those voices, and there's a lot of activity on th
Pianist Corner
I agree with Bennevis -- Pletnev is an amazing pianist, though some of his interpretations are idiosyncratic. I DO like the Pletnev Scarlatti set, and I also enjoy his Scriabin. I'm also a big fan of almost everything recorded by Ivan Moravec -- es
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 170 by Sketches @ Yesterday at 06:20 PM

Thanks Rich, really appreciate your input on this. Yeah I will proceed with caution. He hasn't confirmed a ballpark proce yet but this piano has had less work than the one I originally mentioned which is now sold. I'll probably have a try of it for
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by newport @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

Another previous award winner from this competition said there was "no warm welcome back" to Julliard after the win(s). (Maybe only refer to the reception rendered by fellow students, not from the school itself :-)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: looking for an orchestra to play with by BruceD @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By MiguelSousaWhen is the time that managers set up their next season? Like summer? Thank you! Some seasons, depending upon the orchestra and its venue, are set up two to three years in advance. Some smaller less-in-demand, les
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Any teachers in the Czech Republic here? by Sketches @ Yesterday at 06:13 PM

I have a great teacher and I am really happy with his approach. Problem is, just as I started getting some additional time to put in the hours on my piano practice he has started been really busy and is away a lot. Additionally he is moving to china!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX160 observations by Element @ Yesterday at 06:08 PM

Hey Possum280 How did you perceive the acoustical playing noise of the keybed? I played the PX150 a while back, and found the action very nice, but a bit too thumpy up AND down. (I'm used to the Kawai ES100 which is very quiet overall) I was just
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by fnork @ Yesterday at 06:02 PM

-
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By hreichgottWhat I find really helpful is the same piece performed by several pianists. My spotify subscription is good for this because I get CD quality audio but I don't have to buy whole CDs to get one track. you know... i wa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

He's been there a couple of years -- in a joint program with Harvard, which is a pretty demanding school, and away a lot at recitals/competitions. There are probably a lot of NEC students who haven't seen Li much. The NEC website does mention him,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by Markarian @ Yesterday at 05:43 PM

I would go bigger and Chinese at that price point if I had the space. But the Kawai and Estonia are both excellent choices. I echo the sentiments above that you should go with what sounds the best to you and feels the best to your kids. Good luck!
Adult Beginners Forum
wow their public pianos are painted a lot more elaborately than ours! but yeah I wonder how they hold up in the weather all summer? do they just go to the piano graveyard afterward?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Diminished Arpeggios (AMEB) by keystring @ Yesterday at 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By LookinforDPumm, i think arpeggios are not built up the same way as chords so that's where comes the mixing up . No. The question is whether in the AMEB exam they are going by key - in which case the diminished chord in the key
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ShiroKuroBTW Dogperson, have you seen or played any of those Sarasota Keys pianos? Not yet.. Sarasota is close, but not somewhere I go often.. Prefer my little bitty town
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Roy123 @ Yesterday at 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By TunewerkThis is an interesting subject. Steinway decreased their leverage ratio by a few decimal points and increased their hammer mass. They are not a company to make fast or hasty changes to anything, being more concerned with
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: looking for an orchestra to play with by MiguelSousa @ Yesterday at 05:30 PM

When is the time that managers set up their next season? Like summer? Thank you!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New piano. Now I hear all my flaws. by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 05:24 PM

Aha, a perfidious traitor eh?
Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Piano
by MaximLuchnik
07/05/15 01:41 AM
Suggestions for program of "New Age" pieces
by gingko2
07/04/15 10:22 PM
Messian prelude - question on notes
by Eric NYC
07/04/15 07:38 PM
Center pin lube, "green stuff"
by Keith Roberts
07/04/15 07:28 PM
regulating/reconditi
oning an old piano

by Eric NYC
07/04/15 07:00 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,298 Topics
2,424,045 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission