Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
50 registered (AZNpiano, Charles Cohen, chopinoholic, Beemer, Bach48, 10 invisible), 1355 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My New Mason & Hamlin Model BB 7'0" Semi-Concert Grand Piano by wolfgangmeister @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

P.S. As I mentioned in a prior post, my performance of Sergei Rachmaninoff's Transcription of "The Star Spangled Banner" at the Mason & Hamlin factory last Friday was well-received by the employees and dealers in attendance, especially
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Loss by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 04:36 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. When I lost my father, who always encouraged me in music and was a singer himself, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to play or sing again. Singing took a while, but playing actually became my solace. For now, allow yourself to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Loss by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

Nice! Are you playing alone or is it with a group?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: I sold my beloved CA97 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By keystringYes, when I read the explanation I understood. It's the title which was a shocker because the first thing I thought was that something wrong had been found (which wasn't the case). I just ordered my CA97 - don't know th
Jump to new posts Re: First Day Impressions of Keyscape...... by newer player @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

Awesome! I think you mean increasing buffer size to 256 killed the crackling without noticeable impact on latency (or your wallet). Increasing buffer will tend increase latency. Increasing sample size will tend to decrease latency. If you like to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Loss by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79Condolences with your loss and best wishes. You have a recital in carnegie hall? Yes, in February.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Loss by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

Oh, my, I'm so sorry. Sad days, indeed. Sometimes we play for ourselves, but others are there to witness it as well. I think your mother will be there with you at the recital, and at your practices, too.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Loss by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Condolences with your loss and best wishes. You have a recital in carnegie hall?
Jump to new posts Re: First Day Impressions of Keyscape...... by newbert @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By newer playerOriginally Posted By newbertAs mentioned in another thread, the specs of my 4 or 5 year old laptop computer (which I use with my VPC1 to run all of my VSTs) barely meet the minimum specs spelled out by Spectrasonics f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for direction in buying a piano by Steph4 @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

I meant overkill as far as price compared to the YC.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Technique Question.... by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

I had this problem as well. I'll leave it to others as to whether or not it will cause injury. Regardless, having the pinkie stick out leads to unnecessary tension and also puts your finger unnecessarily far way from the keys. What helped me was
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for direction in buying a piano by newbert @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By Steph4Apparently the two used pianos I looked at (the Young Chang and Essex) were used at a University on loan for only two semesters. I'm also considering a *new* upright Kawai K200, which would be about $4400, but I'm not sure
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Loss by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

My mother passed away on Wednesday September 21st. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to visit this forums and learn from everyone here. I was supposed to do a recital tonight, but did not have any strength in me to go through it. The next sched
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia or Bechstein Academy by Robert 45 @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

If you have been very happy with your C.Bechstein vertical piano you could consider trying the C.Bechstein L167 which is a more balanced comparison with the Estonia 168 in respect to the length of the two pianos. C.Bechstein instruments are among th
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Brand new Hiromi video by rintincop @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

Also new, some of the hippest [censored] she's ever played - starting at the improvisation section at 2:10 ... the final minute includes astounding octave work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr98Qt99mN0#t=160.773
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts A Technique Question.... by newbert @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

TBH, I have never been one who worried too much over proper technique. But, for most of my life, I haven't taken formal lessons, either. A few months ago, I started bi-weekly lessons for the first time in many years. The focus is on learning to pl
Thought this might be a good time to run this, could be useful for anyone considering batting for the Other Side. Since I don`t envisage too many responses I combined the two scenarios. Feel free to include experiences of "silent" playing
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Piano's with Low Bass by lophiomys @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

https://youtu.be/VYylJiMXxnU At the beginning of the recording, there is some really nice bass. and here too https://youtu.be/r44uIOPKOuk?t=6m23s (beware blunt Bösendorfer ads)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2-yr Kawai K-3 (Japan) or Brand new K-300 (Indonesia)? by tend to rush @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By Robert 45Finally, a piano that has been kept tuned in showroom for 2 years is usually a more "settled" piano than a brand new instrument that has just been delivered. True. Also, a piano that's just been in a showroo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for direction in buying a piano by Steph4 @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

Apparently the two used pianos I looked at (the Young Chang and Essex) were used at a University on loan for only two semesters. I'm also considering a *new* upright Kawai K200, which would be about $4400, but I'm not sure if that's overkill for what
Jump to new posts Re: I sold my beloved CA97 by keystring @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

Yes, when I read the explanation I understood. It's the title which was a shocker because the first thing I thought was that something wrong had been found (which wasn't the case). I just ordered my CA97 - don't know the arrival date yet. I saw the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2-yr Kawai K-3 (Japan) or Brand new K-300 (Indonesia)? by Robert 45 @ Yesterday at 03:04 PM

Unless you are intending to develop your piano playing technique, the longer key on the new K-300 is of little importance to you. I would think that the Japanese made Kawai piano will retain its value better than the Indonesian made piano. Kawai's
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get students' names on first phone calls? by malkin @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Maybe they're just dreading the length of a studio recital.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by bigbang @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

Hi. SK concert grand, Stereo delay, reverb concert hall : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csvMJMPzzvE I hope you like. Very good keyborad ! Regards from Paris.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult student - getting greater facility in playing by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

Adult student here. Can you phrase it something like this: "You've come far enough now that it's time to add in some pieces from the general repertoire." Then perhaps give the student several pieces from the general repertoire that are a
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Entropy tuning of my new Blüthner
by Beemer
09/25/16 02:37 AM
Look at my homepage
by TheTuner
09/25/16 01:58 AM
Does the Kawai es100 have a battery?
by Cutestpuppie
09/24/16 09:29 PM
Piano Piece suggestions wanted.
by Dewdman42
09/24/16 07:20 PM
Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug?
by Pocomoto
09/24/16 06:42 PM
Forum Stats
85,056 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,322 Topics
2,557,848 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission