Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping swing feel in very fast tempo by rintincop @ Today at 09:49 AM

Tap the half note lightly with left heel. Play 4 notes per half note: evenly. Key point: Consistently lay back your eighth notes behind the bass players pulse and behind your own foot tap. This will create a relaxed fast swing feel. Do not match up w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmuller Grand Pianos - Help! by wimpiano @ Today at 09:48 AM

Sorry, I forget to mention that you have to read past the fuzz. There is useful information in there. Pianobuyer.com can provide some more useful information such as this page: http://www.pianobuyer.com/publication.html#45 and the brand and company p
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: midi files for QRS Pianomation by Handweaver @ Today at 09:45 AM

My references regarding the QRS PNOmation II being able to play MP3 files comes from their User Guide p. 17 online at https://www.qrsmusic.com/support.asp?cid=54 "USB Drive: Play MIDI or MP3 files from a USB Drive" Also the original poste
Adult Beginners Forum
DeadPoets , try this exercise: press an octave C 1 - C 2 with first and fifth finger, hold down the keys; and start to swing the hand from left to right without touching the with elbow the body.Wrist must be completely flexible and non active.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group - Mozart Sonata n13 KV 333 by Ataru074 @ Today at 09:44 AM

as quick suggestion if you want an edition without fingering, you can get the new mozart edition here: http://dme.mozarteum.at/DME/nma/start.php?l=2 you can add the fingering using another edited edition, but for Mozart, that is the best urtext.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1, Kontakt 5 and Galaxy Vintage D by toddy @ Today at 09:43 AM

Adjustment from 48 to 44 - yes, that's what I thought you meant. So in fact the higher rate demands less CPU power in this case? There could be issues to do with aliasing - audio strobe type intrusions, perhaps.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmuller Grand Pianos - Help! by Mike RSA @ Today at 09:41 AM

Hi Wim, thanks for the reply. I understand fully what you mean about "Investment", it is an investment in music (is there a more noble one??!!). In South Africa, the way the currency is going, it could well be an investment! I hope to get s
Jump to new posts Re: Which Electronic Sounds & Feels Most Like Real? by Lester Burnham @ Today at 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Marcos DanielJames, (just curiosity) is there any (recomendable) way of connecting a doble or triple pedal to the ES100 without the optional stand? I think that (plastic) AHAIV action is very good even though it doesn't feature
Jump to new posts Re: Which Electronic Sounds & Feels Most Like Real? by Marcos Daniel @ Today at 09:37 AM

James, (just curiosity) is there any (recomendable) way of connecting a doble or triple pedal to the ES100 without the optional stand? I think that (plastic) AHAIV action is very good even though it doesn't feature let off... An ES100 would be a very
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1, Kontakt 5 and Galaxy Vintage D by lolatu @ Today at 09:36 AM

Originally Posted By: toddyBut I find it hard to believe they are only making these high rates for fun, or to impress spec-heads. There must be some utility in it - maybe because we are not only duplicating the sounds (as if listening to a CD), but a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Rich Galassini @ Today at 09:33 AM

Hello All, The only request that Marty had was that a contribution to your favorite music school or his (UW - Madison) be made. Bill is honored by the thought of a piece of music being written (a suggestion by PM) and in his words: "Though, Ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group - Mozart Sonata n13 KV 333 by barbaram @ Today at 09:26 AM

I'm glad I clicked back into this thread, Heather's commentary is great! I love this idea, and at another point in time would be on for it, but not at the moment. My second piece for the Schumann recital is requiring a lot of work, and I have two &qu
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuning career prospects 2014 by Herr Weiss @ Today at 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By: GadzarAs a piano technician, I can no other than encourage people to become a piano technician. If I thought otherwise I should follow my own advice and take another job, shouldn't I? It is a wonderful job. It's your own busine
Jump to new posts Re: issues with my new VPC 1 by maurus @ Today at 09:23 AM

Well, if you'd let your favorite acoustic piano drop from chest height to a concrete floor it would probably lose quite a bit of its value. I wouldn't recommend to do that with a mechanically complex key action either, nicely packed or not.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AUGUST FORSTER by guyl @ Today at 09:22 AM

That's why they're called "sharps"...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by R_B @ Today at 09:21 AM

Is the horse dead because the rebuilders want to use authentic 19th century glue ? Nothing like the RICH TIMBRE of hide glue. (With all its problems)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: impossibly possible by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 09:16 AM

So sad. His parents had him declared incompetent back in February. But either he was recalcitrant or they weren't helping him because he seemed to be living in a home for indigent people with mental health problems. I recognize that stage. It'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Peyton @ Today at 09:15 AM

Great, thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by wimpiano @ Today at 09:14 AM

I love digital piano's with an un-weighted action and a midi input port. It's such a great tool for editing my Chopin pieces based on notes picked from Rubinsteins recordings.
Jump to new posts Re: issues with my new VPC 1 by lolatu @ Today at 09:07 AM

I too would be tempted to simply open up the pedal unit and apply a bit of grease myself. Regarding the main unit noises, clearly that's unacceptable. Ask for a replacement. I don't think "getting damaged in transit" really flies as an ex
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by R_B @ Today at 09:07 AM

I like plastic action parts and plywood case parts, MDF board too. Also midi files, nothing like the mechanical PRECISION of a well sequenced performance, lets get the human factors (mostly ERRORS) OUT of all musical performances. Have at it Guys
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts AUGUST FORSTER by Karl Watson @ Today at 09:05 AM

Dear friends: The recent thread concerning Forster pianos leads me to ask forum members about these pianos, verticals and grands, esp. how they fare in the US, climate-wise. Also: do members find that the pianos have rather narrow accidentals, wit
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1, Kontakt 5 and Galaxy Vintage D by toddy @ Today at 09:05 AM

lolatu, I would certainly agreed with everything you said - it is well known that we can't hear above 20kHz, and in the case of adults (especially musicians) probably not much above 8KHz. So 96KHz appears to be totally unnecessary. But I find it har
Jump to new posts Re: Anything better than the Yamaha CLP-990 yet? by leafhound @ Today at 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: pianelmoAnything better than the Yamaha CLP-990 yet? Yes.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by BrianDX @ Today at 08:58 AM

I'll be darn JimF; I think you've come up with Piano World's version of group therapy!
Page 4 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32 33 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Coolest Back Action I have Seen
by Steve Jackson
10/24/14 11:55 AM
Steinway piano with two offset keyboards
by guyl
10/24/14 10:36 AM
Black and white dampers
by iLaw
10/24/14 09:55 AM
AUGUST FORSTER
by Karl Watson
10/24/14 09:05 AM
Piano lessons: every week or every two weeks?
by Pover
10/24/14 06:34 AM
Who's Online
142 registered (Anne'sson, ando, ajames, Almaviva, Alexander Borro, anamnesis, 40 invisible), 1523 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76639 Members
42 Forums
158470 Topics
2327173 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission