Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: on revisiting Chopin Etudes by Lingyis @ Today at 12:01 AM

I feel there is too much emphasis on "music" over "technique" on these Chopin Etudes; I feel like this is almost an overreaction, and thus swinging the pendulum too far to the other side. I think that the only time you can argue
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new Grand Piano; SoCal Area by tksler @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

:)Yep totally agree. We are in process of getting about 20k down on the next grand piano and finance the remainder... Can't wait...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How many years? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusI think it's very important to remember that you're already at a level where the number of total masterpieces(as good as the Ballades but technically easier) available is unlimit
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi Everyone by Barry1963 @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

welcome aboard, I myself am an adult beginner on Piano. This is a great site though I confess to lurking more then I post, but you'll find lots of helpful folks here.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Piano Purchase Tax deductible? by Glenn Treibitz @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

I was president of the Glendale Symphony board of directors and no first hand from our auctions that the only amount that can be deducted is the amount over the regular price. For example we once donated a Roland digital that sells for $2,000. It w
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brands of soundboard by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

I was wondering about replacements.
Jump to new posts Re: Some tuning clients are just so... by phacke @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

I'm happy for you, man. It is indeed canning season. Pickles and crab-apple jam right now. Tomatoes and applesauce still to come. And there is freezing the string beans. I do have a piano question, as it relates to canning for preserves, but it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn Internet Competition by SiFi @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: musica71It means you can pretty well tell in the first few seconds what you are going to hear! It is the truth really, a Pianist has to "grab " you right off the bat. I have trouble picturing the network that went in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can we strengthen the fingers? by rov @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

I noticed that if I play with curved fingers rather than flat fingers I play faster and more accurately this etude. how can I correct my technique in this etude?. It is the only piece that shows this problem
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music question by dmd @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Well, I can only relate to my experience ... I was always able to learn a piece faster by just memorizing which notes to play and playing from memory. Later on, I noticed that the problem with that was that unless I kept practicing a piece regularl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can we strengthen the fingers? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: rovWell, Im having trouble with them because sometimes my 4th and 5th finger do not depress the key when i play the etude at high speeds. I have to mention that I mostly play with flat fingers This could be due to weakness, or
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Cardboard shim for loose pin. Anybody heared about it's by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Max have interest. What do you think owner piano about it's method? http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1903472/1/Ok,_so_I've_been_thinking_abou.html
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Piano Purchase Tax deductible? by phacke @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

When I was shopping for a grand piano, I went to the Rockley Music piano sale by Denver that is doing what is discussed here. The better brand grand pianos (Kawai, Steinway) were pretty beat-up, and a case could easily be made they were over priced.
before I select a rebuilder, I would like to know what are the specifications which will potential result in the best result, then I will select a rebuilder who is competent enough to work with my specifications.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Someone actually wrote a completion to the Art of Fugue by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

larryz, don't give up so easily. That particular page had an obviously academic slant where it seems they strive to explain themselves in convoluted arguments. You may have been confused by the use of jargon, they use dux and comes instead of calling
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Piano Purchase Tax deductible? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

To whom is payment to be made, to the "Institution" or to the dealer? Would that not help decide the fraudulent question? (Or did I miss something in the fine print? Have to read those fine print clauses again!) I understand that the on
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Silent piano buying advice? by Corvus @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

I bought a Yamaha U1 silent piano back in 1996 at the start of my second year of med school. After several disappointing days looking at used pianos all over the St. Louis area, I was at the Yamaha dealer looking at the cheaper uprights ($1500-2000).
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: That ToonerWhat do you guys think is easier to tune, grands or uprights? Also, how do you guys deal with tight tuning pins? use T-bar
Adult Beginners Forum
Saranoya, I'm moved by your story and frank discussion of your complex feelings about continuing your lessons. I think your teacher would feel disappointed if you didn't return. It is obvious that you love piano and want to continue. Really, ever
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Sheet music question by Coconutyoghurt @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

Hello to any and all human beings. I decided to start reading sheet music 5-6 weeks ago, which I personally feel was a smart move compared to using synthesia. However, I've never had lessons, so I don't know if I'm doing it right. I watched a lot o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First In-House Tuning by Silver Keys @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

The fellow who did my "first free tuning" was in and out in 45 minutes. A month later I called someone else to do it right. He took two hours.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rubinstein or horowitz couldn't play op 10 no 1? by carey @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: DamonIt's not surprising that Horowitz couldn't play it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with a piano purchase by Freece65 @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Thanks everyone for the insight. I am going to the other stores in my area before I make a decision. I guess I never thought of having someone in the store play it for me lol. I'll let ya know how it goes.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello to Everyone and to PianoStudent88 by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Welcome. You sound like a lot of us returning adult students. Have a listen to our current Quarterly Recital. You may find you want to join in. They are held four times a year. Next is in Novemember I think.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to encourage practice by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

We calculate various strategies to infuse the student with a sense of engagement, or ownership if you will, in the endeavor of learning rather than have them feel they are spending their life taking orders for the sake of obedience alone. That feelin
Page 4 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33 34 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
79 registered (aesop, Ben_NZ, AndrewJCW, Allard, beet31425, 18 invisible), 1118 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75898 Members
42 Forums
156857 Topics
2304761 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tuning my piano with an app
by johan d
08/22/14 03:14 AM
Tuning a piano
by johan d
08/22/14 02:14 AM
Yamaha CLP-430 or Roland RP-401?
by masterboy
08/22/14 01:22 AM
NY Steinway in Russia
by victor kam
08/22/14 12:38 AM
DAMPP CHASER
by tksler
08/22/14 12:05 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission