Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
119 registered (AndrewJCW, anamnesis, ADWyatt, augustm, 34 invisible), 1838 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By MorodieneAre you sure it's not the speakers? That makes a huge difference depending on what their intended primary function. They may be great for listening to music, but not ideal for a DP. The same holds true for headphones. I
Jump to new posts Re: The scale of difference by prout @ Today at 12:49 PM

One could argue that DP manufacturers model their sounds on the 'best' (read 9 foot S&S, Yamaha, Kawai, etc.) and well regulated and voiced acoustic pianos and not on some 36" spinet acoustic piano. That implies a much more limited palette (
Originally Posted By michaelviOriginally Posted By MorodieneAre you sure it's not the speakers? That makes a huge difference depending on what their intended primary function. They may be great for listening to music, but not ideal for a DP. The same
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by lesecret @ Today at 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By coaster A thought after watching several contestants have memory slips, and people asking me why I (and others) don't use music at these when it's allowed. Why AREN'T we using it? It is more freeing to not use it, and you can
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by BDB @ Today at 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTThanks Prout, Yes, the strings indent in the properly shaped V-bar but they never produce buzzes. It is the profile of the termination point that allows string buzzes to arise over time as the string bends/deforms
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Pop music methods - any good ones? by Morodiene @ Today at 12:42 PM

There is a growing number of potential students that want to learn pop music. While I prefer to teach a more traditional approach, I do also want to be able to meet the needs of people in my community and have students to teach. And who knows - maybe
Originally Posted By emeneltonYour speakers have rot. Sorry emenelton, what do you mean by that?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by Lakeviewsteve @ Today at 12:41 PM

Have you checked with Mason and Hamlin to see if they can restore it? Bösendorfer offers this service. I haven't needed it but they mentioned this service when I toured their factory recently. Steve Bösendorfer 170
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skipping a method book level by Morodiene @ Today at 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By NikolasA few quick thoughts: 1. Mastery of 4 bars? With 3 notes? I'm not sure that there's anything worth mastering and I find that it's much better to give them some "meat and bones" to wor
Pianist Corner
Yohei, Especially in the case of Ravel's concerto in G the orchestration is VITAL. Without the solo piano sounds something completely different! :-/ BTW, I would like to second the recording of Arturo Michellangeli, as being the best I've heard (I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by doughnut hole @ Today at 12:35 PM

Sure. I went first. Revolutionary etude and g minor ballade. Kind of a mess!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by coaster @ Today at 12:32 PM

Here comes Dr. S.!!!!!!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Starting a student over by Morodiene @ Today at 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By ArghhhOriginally Posted By MorodieneWhat about Hal Leonard Adult Method? It goes fairly slowly, no kiddie pictures, and you can supplement with other fun pieces to ensure that you don't rush through. Hint: buy the book for her a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by SiFi @ Today at 12:31 PM

Doctor_S about to launch!!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Individual Hammer felt replacing by BDB @ Today at 12:26 PM

Filing is removing the outer layer of felt to give the proper shape and uniformity to the hammers. It is usually done with a sandpaper file. It sounds like you need a better technician.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By SiFiAny standouts among the first three this morning? I came in toward the middle of Noah's Beethoven 110, which had some very tender and sublime passages. To my taste, I wanted to hear some more *bite* in a few places, but ov
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skype troubleshoot by Morodiene @ Today at 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By MorodieneRegarding your issue, you are on a Mac, right? No, I have a PC, using Windows 8. Quote: wonder if it is a conflict between the software for the camera and Skype accessing it. Under Skype>
Originally Posted By emeneltonIt's a mistake to buy an amp based on your ISP speakers. Get the Pioneer and a new set of speakers to suit if you want your setup to perform both for your dp and your home stereo or get a pair of powered speakers like th
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevisThe difference between classical and jazz is that in the former, the tone-colors of the instruments used are (usually) very important in the composer's conception. And you also have contrapuntal elements in classical wher
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by ElaineAllegro @ Today at 12:19 PM

@Carey: Thank you for sending in the error message. Quote:We recommend that you do not continue to this website. It has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information. I will
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by Morodiene @ Today at 12:18 PM

I'll be returning to FL and my Petrof next week, so I'm not bothering to try any recording just yet. The Moment Musiceaux is pretty much ready to record, but the Prelude will definitely take more time.
Originally Posted By MorodieneAre you sure it's not the speakers? That makes a huge difference depending on what their intended primary function. They may be great for listening to music, but not ideal for a DP. The same holds true for headphones.
It's a mistake to buy an amp based on your ISP speakers. Get the Pioneer and a new set of speakers to suit if you want your setup to perform both for your dp and your home stereo or get a pair of powered speakers like the JBL 305s for your dp. Your s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by coaster @ Today at 12:15 PM

I am just getting online after a morning out... promised a friend I'd run the VA 10-miler course with her this morning, then I had to grocery shop and stop by the high school marching band practice for a moment... I missed Noah DeGarmo (who I met at
Originally Posted By michaelviOriginally Posted By MorodieneSo I think a $200 Pioneer would be just fine for these purposes. Thank you Morodiene, I also as thinking this way, but I am bothering people with this question because currently I have TEAC
Page 4 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
So after testing, is the Kawai ES 8 the best for its price?
by pchardwaregeek
08/27/16 05:07 PM
Vibration on pedals and bass section of the keyboard
by Rguroo
08/27/16 02:52 PM
Yamaha G2: what do you think?
by Bellicapelli
08/27/16 01:38 PM
Difference between Roland S2 and Lx-7 or Lx-17
by augustm
08/27/16 01:36 PM
Pop music methods - any good ones?
by Morodiene
08/27/16 12:42 PM
Forum Stats
84,789 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,787 Topics
2,550,904 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission