Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
149 registered (ando, aesop, alexk3954, anamnesis, Almaviva, Amir, 30 invisible), 1287 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do we memorize a piece on the piano? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 04:19 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJouIL6uaoc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Direction by Markarian @ Today at 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By phackeOriginally Posted By Karl WatsonFriends: In fact, a tour of the Astoria factory does not inspire the same confidence as do similar tours in middle-Europe. There is no doubt that the NY piano has improved recently, and sig
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there joy in playing only for yourself? by earlofmar @ Today at 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By WhizbangOriginally Posted By earlofmar"resistance is futile" That never stopped Captain Picard! he just had to say the magic words "earl gray hot" and his tea magically appeared. Suspension of dinner serv
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I used to compose, but ... by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:09 AM

For imagination one can try to capture a particular emotion, or the presence of a particular place and experience [descriptive music] . . . one can impose a novel schemata on the material . . . one can try to listen for music that doesn't begin in th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Computer problems. Problems? by barbaram @ Today at 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By Tom Christian It's an achievable goal. We evicted our cable and satellite television providers years ago, and we've never looked back. We've done that too, although we still have Netflix/iTunes. So we still watch TV shows and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording your practices by ZikO @ Today at 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenThis discussion has gone a bit off-the-rails. . . . There's _always_ a way to do things better. The OP just needs to do them _well enough_. . Charles I know. My honest intentions were to help OP with her
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ Today at 04:03 AM

This week my AOTW is counting aloud. Comments by zrtf90 and verqueue among others on the value of counting *aloud* and not just in your head led me to give it a go, and it's been a revelation. My trickier Schumann piece features a variety of tempo d
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I used to compose, but ... by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:00 AM

Hi Hrodulf, The themes are of a different layout depending on the nature of a composition. For instance, the opening of any of the Chopin sonatas declares that it is not going to be a prelude. I think one composes all of the material with a notion
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by barbaram @ Today at 03:55 AM

Welcome Trevor! This is a challenge that can work for everyone who wants to do it, no matter what their level. I think for people more at the beginning end of the spectrum who are working with a teacher or following a method, it should be a fairly na
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Västerhaninge på Natten by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:52 AM

Västerhaninge på Natten is melancholic and austere. Even when it reaches forte through fortissimo the music is quite stark.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Reverie by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:52 AM

The central chorale music of Reverie was used in Södermalm Fantasy Ballade.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts For a Friend by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:52 AM

This was composed for a friend, as the title implies.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Homage to Debussy: IV. Riddarfjärden by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:49 AM

This is the fourth movement which is a little intermezzo before the final movement. The third movement is the tempo di valse composition Waldemarsudde på Natten.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Computer problems. Problems? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 03:49 AM

I haven't had a television since the 1990s. Detest the medium. I also detest the attitude of those involved in it- that they should be the centre of our attention.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!! by pianoman9 @ Today at 03:47 AM

If you don't think counting should be a part of learning to read music, they why not get rid of the time signatures?!? Those are numbers too! 4/4 time, 3/4 time, 2/4 time! All numbers to count! Don't underestimate children. They can count. T
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bench height very important by barbaram @ Today at 03:39 AM

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery! I'll be going home and checking my bench height carefully this evening...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 baldwin sd 10 concert grand by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:31 AM

There are a few of us who have 9 ft grands at home, with no problem. They're not inherently loud, like a powered machine. They can just transfer more energy to the air before they overload and distort.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Homage to Debussy: II. Tema e Variazioni by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:25 AM

And the next three pages!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Homage to Debussy: II. Tema e Variazioni by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:23 AM

This is the theme and variations movement of Homage to Debussy. Variation five - Guds Sinne Reser med Månljus Genom Eter - was posted in another thred.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Concern about changing bass strings............ by Grandpianoman @ Today at 03:23 AM

Just to clarify....I was not concerned whether or not the piano was "brittle or unstable"..if it were, I would not even consider changing the bass strings. As I said in my opening post, my concern was by changing out the bass strings, wou
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-700GX ivory key wear by AlexanderLee @ Today at 03:19 AM

Unfortunately seeing it in person is not an option... I will try asking to see if Roland would fix the keys. Thanks! I've just seen a number of posts about this model in particular having a problem with the finish that actually affects playing.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-700GX ivory key wear by spanishbuddha @ Today at 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By AlexanderLeeI'm about to buy a used RD-700GX, but I have seen some forum posts about the ivory finish wearing off so much that the keys become unplayable, and this has me concerned. The seller of the 700GX I am looking at says &
Jump to new posts Roland RD-700GX ivory key wear by AlexanderLee @ Today at 03:03 AM

I'm about to buy a used RD-700GX, but I have seen some forum posts about the ivory finish wearing off so much that the keys become unplayable, and this has me concerned. The seller of the 700GX I am looking at says "The ivory keys are starting
Piano Forum
@phacke, best joke I heard in quite some time
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Direction by phacke @ Today at 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By Karl WatsonFriends: In fact, a tour of the Astoria factory does not inspire the same confidence as do similar tours in middle-Europe. There is no doubt that the NY piano has improved recently, and significantly so, but in my op
Page 4 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
help with counting
by dmcgeown
03/05/15 05:58 AM
Question to the stage piano's users
by stamkorg
03/05/15 04:20 AM
Roland RD-700GX ivory key wear
by AlexanderLee
03/05/15 03:03 AM
Opened up my Chickering Brothers Grand
by pianoman9
03/05/15 02:45 AM
pianodisc?
by JustHarmony
03/04/15 10:52 PM
Forum Stats
78,392 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,095 Topics
2,379,984 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission