Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
96 registered (augustm, Bach2Black, Bambers, 25 invisible), 1984 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By VeeloI've just discovered a little gem on youtube. Listen to the first ten minutes of this guitar lesson by Barney Kessel, in particular to the part where he talks about interval sense. He talks about playing what you hea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 11:41 AM

Love Story: A A B A A' form. The A has a different ending each time. Having been told that it starts with a minor sixth (which I can hear is descending), and that it's in a minor key, one question that I wanted to try to answer early on is: which m
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easy String Calc / Mensurix 5 by Bernhard Stopper @ Today at 11:34 AM

Longitudinal modes are usually only audible with higher volumes, as the string deflection has a steeper angle then, that shifts the longitudinal mode horizontal plane (and thus inaudible) partially vertical. Conklin made a nice experiment how longi
Pianist Corner
Start with The Bach Reader. It's the book to have as a reference or just for browsing if you want to get to know Bach. https://www.amazon.com/New-Bach-Reader-Sebastian-Documents/dp/0393319563
Piano Forum
Hi Claire. You may get more responses to your questions over on the Adult Beginner Forum here ABF Link where they tend to talk about such things. This forum is mostly chat about buying,selling, and evaluating pianos.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By zrtf90If someone sat down with the next piece that their teacher dropped in their lap and read casually through it with the intention of having the bulk of it fingered and workable for their next les
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
I like the Hal Leonard Jazz Piano Solo Series, but they vary in difficulty. http://www.halleonard.com/search/search....sultsperpage=60 Steinway has some interesting books under their own imprint, but they vary in difficulty and availability. This i
Jump to new posts Re: Felt on jack by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 11:27 AM

rXd, Did you read and view the OP?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Opinions on Hailun 121? by Corvus @ Today at 11:21 AM

My cousin is ready to trade in the old upright she bought for $900 a few years ago. She will get the full $900 in trade-in vale if she buys from the same store, which happens to be a Hailun dealership. So, the hailun 121 upright is on of the main can
Piano Forum
Just take a triad and add a minor 7th C7 chord = notes C/E/G/B♭
Jump to new posts Re: Felt on jack by rXd @ Today at 11:18 AM

Basics...basics. Basics. The jack tender should contact the regulating button cloth dead centre. Otherwise every slight turn of the regulating button makes the tender contact fresh cloth which will take an only a few minutes playing time to compres
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anybody started christmas music yet by johan d @ Today at 11:15 AM

My current piece is Pam Wedgwood's Jazz arrangement for Silent Night.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to play this trill on bwv 131? (Aria in F) by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 11:12 AM

I agree completely: Baroque trills normally start the note above, but if the previous note is already a note above, that rule would make an awkward transition with a repeated note (F in this case). So start the trill E-F instead of the usual F-E.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 11th Chords by dire tonic @ Today at 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By newbertSo, is there a source with chords presented that way so one can learn/practice them? there are lots of these around. This one from the New Real Book is as good as any. - if by "chords presented that way" yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where does all the music go? by JimF @ Today at 11:08 AM

Where does all the music go? Straight to my sock drawer... the one with all the singles that can't find their mates. 😁
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The modern crop of digitals . . . by Bosendorff @ Today at 10:50 AM

While I agree that certain aspects of APs don't need to be reproduced in DPs (for example, pedal thumps, no dampers on the highest keys, etc.), other ones like string resonance certainly help one believe the DP is closer to an AP sound. I went to c
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Jt2nd Was there enough water there for fountains at that time? Run off from the mountains maybe . There is a very especial place in Granada, which is La Alhambra. It has magic. And lots of fountains. If Albéniz was visiting,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 214VC? by Corvus @ Today at 10:35 AM

I played a 280 VC at the local dealer's yesterday afternoon; they had just gotten it in since my previous visit about a month ago. It was very nice! I also enjoyed the 200, which is a little more concievably in my price range.
Jump to new posts Re: PIANO TECH TOOLS AVAILABLE ! by bkw58 @ Today at 10:33 AM

We thank everyone who has shown an interest in the tools, parts, etc. via posting and PM. We have enough requests to make a decision by Monday morning 10/24/2016. If you are interested you may wish to let us know by the end of today, Sunday 10/23/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by SadieLady @ Today at 10:33 AM

Getting caught up on my list. Added: 27-33 Books I use Alfred's Greatest Hits (AGH) Bastien Classic Themes (BCT) John Schaum: A The Red Book (JSA) John Schaum: B The Blue Book (JSB) K. Snell Essential Piano Repertoire Preparatory (KSEPRP) Bastien Old
Adult Beginners Forum
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'd like to take a vote... Kawai KG2D or Yamaha G1? by terminaldegree @ Today at 10:21 AM

What do you mean by "stars"? There's a rather fake piano review site out there that steals a lot of the language from previous editions of our publication and puts up a legitimate looking ratings chart that is weirdly bogus/biased, and anot
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anybody started christmas music yet by mom3gram @ Today at 10:20 AM

I started this week reviewing the Christmas music I've already learned, and started learning "I'll Be Home For Christmas", which I fiddled around with last year but never really got down. If I wait until December, I may not be ready for Ch
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How not to give up on learning the piano? by Just Steven @ Today at 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By djat1984 I was wondering how do you piano lovers do not give up on learning the piano? How do you push yourelf to keep on going? Inexplicable. It's not piano--it's music. I was 3; I heard every morning the same classical music
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about piano tuner job by Bob @ Today at 10:01 AM

If you focus on repair and restoring, tuning will be a very small part your job, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you are planning tuning on the road, or in a store or university (3 to 7 pianos a day), then that might be an issue for you.
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Got a keyboard and Alfred's All in One and skimmed the FAQ..
by greensam
10/23/16 06:19 PM
Yamaha CP60/70/80 M - how does the midi work
by Dr.Gaga
10/23/16 06:13 PM
Advice on Digital Piano for 5 y/o daughter
by Mattatooi
10/23/16 06:07 PM
Looking for hiring a piano teacher for a project.
by fellipe
10/23/16 05:06 PM
Writing pieces out from memory to test your memory?
by Svenno
10/23/16 03:38 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,335 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,927 Topics
2,565,219 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission