Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
170 registered (anamnesis, accordeur, 36251, ajames, A-Tom, A Guy, 43 invisible), 1836 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Building a piano by hand by kpembrook @ Today at 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Dale FoxOriginally Posted By: kpembrookOriginally Posted By: David Jenson'Seems to me one of the biggest hurdles would be to get iron smelting and casting equipment into your living room. Or, you can make the model for the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The definition of absolute pitch by KlinkKlonk @ Today at 02:02 PM

Do you think you've lost your perfect pitch due to any of those reasons? (Start working out now! =D)
Adult Beginners Forum
Long time away but here I am back... I had been feeling stuck for a while, but I lately feel that I have actually improved a bit. Still a lot to do, but I was very happy to find that some pieces I found difficult (even being simplified versions) som
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven op. 110 by Orange Soda King @ Today at 02:01 PM

Very well done!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a Beethoven sonata by Tim Adrianson @ Today at 02:00 PM

Hi, MusicDoc! Based on the information you've given, I'd give a slight nod to Op 101, if only because it's a somewhat ignored late Sonata that is IMO rich in wonderful ideas. By contrast, the Appassionata Sonata is far better known, but that may ver
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Argerich in Liszt's 6th Rhapsody by Orange Soda King @ Today at 01:59 PM

Over time, I don't feel that this is one of my favorites from the Hungarian Rhapsodies, but Argerich plays it so well. And sometimes I have to indulge in freaky-fast octaves
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: brucepianoI'm more of an intermediate level of player, so I don't need to start at the beginning Let me throw in an issue from the course creator side. The fact that you already have knowledge will be the hindrance for any onli
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Hanukkah! by Thrill Science @ Today at 01:51 PM

Happy Hanukkah; Chag Sameach. I don't decorate the piano.
Piano Forum
How about some numbers? In 2006 Norbert said Steinway produced about 500 concert grands. What is the current annual production of concert grands: Steinway: still 500? Yamaha CFX: ? Shigeru/Kawai EX: 20? Bosendorfer: ? C Bechstein: ? Bluthner: ? Fazi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: toddy...but if you want bleaters, I'd hazard you need look no further than the audiophile community. But the bleats would be of peerless audio quality, no doubt. <chortle> By the way, isn't the pro audio community on th
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: turandotAnother problem is "our friend Norbert"'s statement that "getting a piano on concert stage is a battle that has long been won by Steinway." That may be true of boutiqu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by Jytte @ Today at 01:45 PM

How did this become about general education? Apples and Oranges. There is a huge difference between 'forcing' a kid to go to school (home or otherwise), and play the piano. You need (some degree of) schooling to survive in this world (try getting a j
Originally Posted By: dire tonicMadi, schmadi...who needs it? USB3 works fine and the Audio Engineering Society can bleat all it wants about an 'ideal' it'll never get. Well, I did say it was professional standard - we simply don't need it. However
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do YOU count? (when practicing) by AJF @ Today at 01:37 PM

Deleted:Sorry, wrong forum.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano - future specs - what is your request? by Frédéric L @ Today at 01:36 PM

@dewster: downloadable samples and plenty of memory to put them should be very interesting; we won't need virtual pianos to enhance the sound of its piano. I may be biased: I own a 3 layers of samples piano and waiting my iLok key before purchasing
Piano Forum
I think that one feature of this combination that would interest many viewers is the program's capability of writing out the music as it is being played. In order to appreciate this, however, we need to go to YouTube and enlarge the image to full sc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by rocket88 @ Today at 01:27 PM

fizikisto If you do not agree with a particular religious belief, saying it is "unsane" (sic) is unacceptable in civilized society, unless the religious belief harms or kills. Also, religion and politics are not allowed on these forums.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Haessler grands by pogmoger @ Today at 01:22 PM

Rönisch pianos are still made to this day in Leipzig. Actually, the company is now owned by Blüthner, and at least until last summer, they were selling them at Blüthner in London. I see that they are no longer listed on the Blüthner UK website, so ma
Without limitations? An even better grand than the very nice one I already own. Or: An assortment of excellent, but very different, acoustic pianos. In the digital world: Let's say give me a Kawai GF action, and an improved Nord Piano engine (same i
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: turandotAnother problem is "our friend Norbert"'s statement that "getting a piano on concert stage is a battle that has long been won by Steinway." That may be true of boutique Euro brands whose small product
Piano Forum
I use these. One positioned facing forward on the floor under the tail end, and the other on the bench, propped up against the keyslip when I go out. They work and I swear by them. Best of all is that you can use regular canned air to refill them ins
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do YOU count? (when practicing) by carey @ Today at 01:08 PM

Perhaps you are making this more difficult than it really needs to be. On this particular piece really all you need to "feel" are the steady 3 beats per measure. The "ands" should take take care of themselves if you play the 8th
Originally Posted By: toddyOriginally Posted By: dire tonicUSB3 seems to work really well and it's fast. Am I missing something? Perhaps you're missing MADI. This is the standard agreed by the Audio Engineering Society for digital audio transmissi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Desynchronized notes when slowing the midi recording by piano_primo_1 @ Today at 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Andy PlattOriginally Posted By: SkyloverWell, It's happening to me when I record Liebestraum's No 3 cadenzas. It sounds perfect when I play, but when I slow down the VST recording it's a total mess, it looks like I'm playing ar
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte Initial Reactions by vidio @ Today at 01:03 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that the new OS 1.20 is now available to all for download at: http://kurzweil.com/product/forte/downloads/ This release supports half pedaling plus a whole lot of other nice improvements. Its really cool how Kurzweil
Page 4 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34 35 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Good Practice Amp for Roland FP7F?
by TheloniousPunk
26 minutes 26 seconds ago
Kawai
by daz100
41 minutes 9 seconds ago
New at the forum and some questions
by Kua
Today at 03:31 PM
It's Beethoven's birthday today...
by Polyphonist
Today at 03:12 PM
Elbow pain
by acollins
Today at 12:49 PM
Forum Stats
77325 Members
42 Forums
159942 Topics
2348826 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission