Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
136 registered (ARpiano, AndyE, agraffe, Beacon Chris, 27 invisible), 2385 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By dmd You have to have a good understanding of ... Major scales (in most keys) and how those scales are used in building chords and their inversions. Then you have to play (out of time) many songs (chords in left hand, melody in
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MUZE PIANOWERELD by Timothy-NL @ Today at 08:39 AM

It's a Dutch magazine i actually saw in the store this morning (newest release though). Did you try mailing them directly to ask if they also sell loose numbers and ship outside of the Benelux? Some magazines here do that. Ps. keep in mind that the
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pianomusic from Cuba (Ignatio Cervantes) by NordicKeys @ Today at 08:32 AM

Hi, Tim Adrianson, dogperson, kaziranga. Thank you all! Glad to hear! Yes, pianomusic by Cervantes is really nice. I believe he has composed a lot of these "Danzas Cubanas". More work to do...exiting. :-) Best regards,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by P W Grey @ Today at 08:27 AM

Jeff, You are correct. Pwg
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by bigbang @ Today at 08:21 AM

Where is "overal string resonance" ? Here's my setup for Piano Concert 1 : Lid 3 Key Off Noise 3 Hammer Noise -1 Duplex Scale 2 Full Scale String Res 4 Damper Resonance 5 Key Off Resonnance 3 Cabinet Resonance 2 Soundboard Type 2 Damper N
Jump to new posts Re: Pianomusic from Cuba (Ignatio Cervantes) by NordicKeys @ Today at 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Just listened. Beautiful!!! Wonderful expressiveness. How did you become interested in Cuban music? My mother was from Cuba, so I grew up with that culture. My husband and I visited Havana, Cuba last December. A
Jump to new posts Re: CLP545 vs HP603 vs CA17 by Hendrik42 @ Today at 07:58 AM

Both the Yamaha CLP545 and the CA17 have four speakers. The HP603 only has two and personally, I think it shows, err, hears :-) Not an issue if you play mostly with headphones, but in your set up, you will play a lot without. Some people like the Ya
Jump to new posts Re: Slow hammers by Ahmedn1 @ Today at 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By JohnkieNot just clean them - the flanges need their felt bushings broached and new over size centre pins installed - not really a job for anyone other than a professional that has both the correct tools and necessary experience.
Jump to new posts Re: Which Digital Stage Piano has the Best Action? by EssBrace @ Today at 07:48 AM

They would be regarded as 'portable pianos' rather than 'stage pianos' but have you considered the Kawai ES8? Or Roland FP90. They both represent sweet spots in their respective ranges.
Is what's being said here is that the days of using the internal workings of digital pianos as a sequencer (as limited as it is on these models) are over and it has become much easier to use tablet/pc/mac software for serious multi track midi recordi
Jump to new posts Re: walking basslines by Nahum @ Today at 07:45 AM

The fact for comparison: in jazz bass line is based on root and the fifth, but the melodic line - on the third and seventh. The overtones system in action!
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanical problems with tangents by Sverre @ Today at 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By daniokeeperHi Sverre, Not all tuners are well-experienced with repair; some specialize in tuning only. You may want to bookmark this thread in case your tuner has a hard time diagnosing the problem. Thanks, I will call s
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by Goss @ Today at 07:36 AM

The pedal does what the pedal wants ^^ You can set the overal string resonance to a lower value to make it less full..
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm having an affair with the piano by dogperson @ Today at 07:33 AM

I finally got my 'new to me' grand piano delivered on Wednesday --- and have been neglecting my upright. The Stieff upright, Emma, has had tears in her eyes from being replaced by a new gal (and she still lives in the same household)
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 Custom Cabinet by MickL @ Today at 07:32 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions, much appreciated! I guess the rubbery netting idea is a great solution. I keep you guys updated.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by bigbang @ Today at 07:24 AM

I totally agree with azpianonews review : too much pedal effect. I've just found another problem for me : when you record your playing with the keyboard, the equalizer is NOT recorded ! Very strange. You can her the good sound when you play but when
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 07:21 AM

Perhaps on a large piano the 2:1 wouldn't be beating so much if the 8:4 was pure, but most tuners don't tune 9 foot grands everyday. Perhaps that is why it is a relatively unknown temperament. (?)
Jump to new posts Re: Which Digital Stage Piano has the Best Action? by drpharmer @ Today at 07:15 AM

Thanks!! Cost is not a variable for consideration, I just want the best action! It is not easy to find demo models available in stores to play around me. I did play the Roland V piano once in a store, but I have not found demos models of different ma
Jump to new posts Re: Slow hammers by Johnkie @ Today at 07:13 AM

Not just clean them - the flanges need their felt bushings broached and new over size centre pins installed - not really a job for anyone other than a professional that has both the correct tools and necessary experience. Bear in mind though, that if
I have been working on this for the last couple of weeks.. any suggestions are welcome https://youtu.be/HX9WMXdXon4
Jump to new posts Re: Major 6 Diminished Scale by Nahum @ Today at 07:08 AM

The approach chord - chord under melodic nonchord tone, leading to the next chord tone on a major or minor second up or down.The approach chord is usually not indicated by symbol unlike the subsequent chord; its use - decision of pianist. Domi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Model M by joe80 @ Today at 07:05 AM

I think the OP means how much should it cost to buy a 1968 model M in 2017 which has had no restoration work performed on it. If the piano was for sale in the UK, and it was a Hamburg Steinway, you might be looking at between £8000 to £12,000. Per
Jump to new posts Re: Which Digital Stage Piano has the Best Action? by Dave Horne @ Today at 06:47 AM

This will be the first thread discussing which stage piano has the best action. I owned the CP5 for six years or so and liked the action but thought the action of the CP300 (which I also owned) was better. Since you want a lighter action you'd pr
As far as I can tell the only midi voice specifications given by internal recordings is Acoustic Grand Piano and Bright Acoustic Grand Piano. Furthermore, while the recorded SMF files are in internal memory, one can change the piano tuning to any of
Jump to new posts Which Digital Stage Piano has the Best Action? by drpharmer @ Today at 06:27 AM

Hi! This question may have been asked before, but new pianos are launched on the market all the time, so I hope someone with experience will be patient enough to post their opinion. I have a Yamaha CP-5 that is 6 years old. The surface is pitting on
Page 4 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha CLP 535 vs Kawai CN37
by true_Nic
02/25/17 02:22 PM
Bend Oregon??
by musica71
02/25/17 01:47 PM
What year could this Estonia be?
by Man
02/25/17 01:26 PM
Muehlhauser Baby Grand Help Please
by Josh32
02/25/17 12:40 PM
Which Digital Stage Piano has the Best Action?
by drpharmer
02/25/17 06:27 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,795 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,711 Topics
2,601,759 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission