Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
102 registered (Anne'sson, AndyP, Augustina, Alagondar, Andrei Kuznetsov, anotherscott, 31 invisible), 1262 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Time to see an Orchestra by Stubbie @ Today at 05:35 PM

What a fantastic experience, Blackjack! Witnessing live music played by the pros is always a treat. The lecture before the performance is a great idea--no one is forced to attend, but for those who do, it's definitely a bonus.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Hi, from that list Kawai MP7... best sounds (ALL SOUNDS) and key action, only ES8 has a slightly better key action.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 - defective or not? by f3r @ Today at 05:32 PM

Peter, that's normal. From G6 upwards an acoustic piano does not have dampers and therefore the strings are free to vibrate. Digital pianos try to recreate the same experience.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1963 Baldwin Acrosonic Question by Bassano @ Today at 05:29 PM

I spoke to my local technician, and based on my information he advised me to go ahead and purchase the piano, let it settle in my new environment, and then contact him for a visit. He said for the money he didn't see it necessary to even check the p
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 - defective or not? by Fer De Armas @ Today at 05:28 PM

Hi friend, congratulations i am a happy MP7 owner too... for me this board has best a very expressive and realistic piano sound and best hollow plastic key action today in the market highly responsive and pleasant to touch, and I hope you enjoy it as
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Menuet 116 JS Bach Study --VID by Medden @ Today at 05:24 PM

Quick technical question, if anyone can explain. In bar 25, in the LH, why is the first note a B and not a G? It sounds discordant to me, compared with playing a G and doesnt match the pattern of the next three bars (i.e. Octave/3notes/3notes/Octave
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 - defective or not? by IndyAdam @ Today at 05:21 PM

Good choice for a digital! Garf is correct about the highest notes not being dampened. My Kawai MP6 is the same way. What will really drive you nuts is the fact Kawai also sampled the mechanical noises made when you press the the pedal down, along
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1963 Baldwin Acrosonic Question by PhilipInChina @ Today at 05:17 PM

How much would the technician be likely to charge? If it is $150 or more wouldn't it be worth taking a gamble on it as is?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts First Time to see an Orchestra by blackjack1777 @ Today at 05:12 PM

Last weekend, I went to the LA Philharmonic to see an orchestra perform for the very first time in my life. Although I’ve seen live performances of classical music at local colleges I’ve never seen a full orchestra perform. So this experience w
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Choice of Piano for 8 Year Old Son by pianoMom2006 @ Today at 05:10 PM

It sounds like your son is doing very well moving to level 2A in 9 months! My son is in level 3 but he's 9 and has been taking lessons for a little over 2 years. Do you have the space for a grand piano? Our first real piano was an acoustic upright
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room by Peyton @ Today at 05:08 PM

29. Pollux- I really enjoyed that! A million years since I have listened to the White Album so an additional pleasure to hear that old song. 34. Gandolf- absolutely beautiful playing! You didn't even need to mention 'water" in your descriptio
Vintage D: 1. press the damper fully, play a key and release it, then release slightly the pedal, say 50%. The note sustain should become faster. This didn't work when I used Vintage D few years ago. 2. Press the damper fully, play a key, release th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by dogperson @ Today at 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By JimFMy AOTW is something I realized while on a 3 day cruise last weekend... For certain venues and audiences, hitting the right notes isn't at all important .. I was watching and listening intently....every third or fourth cho
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 - defective or not? by Garf @ Today at 05:01 PM

On a piano, the highest notes have no damper, so they won't mute if you release the key. So yes, the instrument was likely fine, and the behavior is expected for something that correctly models an acoustic piano.
Pianist Corner
Joel? Joel? is that really you? Joel, when I first started reading your post I thought "This doesn't sound like Joel." Your posts are usually more thoughtful. Are you pulling our collective legs or trying to start some mud slinging? Origi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts cracked sound board by music kitchen @ Today at 04:56 PM

Recently, I was invited to 'restore ' an upright piano with a cracked sound board.Although, I played the piano and discovered the sound was not affected by the crack in the sound board however, I need to know if there is a material inform of glue...
Good idea Alex....I inquired with NI as to a demo version, but they said no. This is a big issue with sounds that are so personal to the player. I bet a room full of people would all come up with different models they love and hate. The demos of the
Piano Forum
I suspect that refinishing a piano that was previously finished in polyester is even more expensive.
Some of the suggestions mentioned here do not have "realistic sounds like choirs, strings and organ".
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-150 takes a beating... by bnolsen @ Today at 04:36 PM

px160 is a worthy upgrade, especially at the same price.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Importance of composers by bennevis @ Today at 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By beet31425 bennevis-- I get it. Chopin doesn't do much for you. That's cool. Just don't assume that those of us who worship at his alter do so out of ignorance. I know If that thing isn't there for you, that's fine. But obviou
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Negative and over critical professor by JoelW @ Today at 04:32 PM

lol ^
Jump to new posts KAWAI MP7 - defective or not? by Peter_BG @ Today at 04:28 PM

Hello everybody! I intend to start learning piano so I decided to purchase an used, but in mint condition Kawai MP7 for 1000 euro. I know this instrument is too good for someone who has never touched a piano keyboard, but I like it most. So the beaut
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning music = Problems! by dmd @ Today at 04:27 PM

You know ... that is exactly what I think has driven me away from classical music and into jazz, cocktail piano. Now, I do not seem to feel that issue of trying to "remember" exactly which keys to press. I learn chord progressions and thi
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 585 Review by Chewbacca @ Today at 04:23 PM

Thanks for your reply. Given you own top quality pianos I was really surprised by your statement. What music do you play? I would understand a keyboardist liking the ES100 action. I am used to APs and did not like the ES100 at all, keys felt really
Page 4 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Petrof 105
by nylonstring1
11/24/15 10:16 PM
The versatile Angela Hewitt
by Hank M
11/24/15 09:16 PM
Help with new piano purchase!
by bostonbabymama
11/24/15 08:16 PM
Composition and Orchestration
by JohnSprung
11/24/15 07:51 PM
Practice strategies
by Stubbie
11/24/15 07:05 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,545 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,525 Topics
2,469,281 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission