Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
154 registered (AjLongsPiano, AmandaH, 36251, accordeur, anamnesis, 42 invisible), 1446 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Comments welcomed. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 01:51 PM

http://howtotunepianos.com/2015/09/04/buzzing-agraffe/
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
I'd say go for it. You're better prepared than I was the first time I played in public.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Kawai RX-2 vs 1984 Yamaha C-5 by Robert 45 @ Today at 01:50 PM

You have got an excellent new piano at an attractive price. Congratulations and best wishes for years of enjoyment with your Kawai RX-2C! Robert.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by keystring @ Today at 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene I suspect this is really the issue here, but only time will tell. Perhaps after a couple of weeks the teacher will make changes to their approach as they get to know someone. We can't always be at full speed right out
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by keystring @ Today at 01:38 PM

I'm somewhere in between. When Outo says the OP must make her own decisions, and our role is to provide information which is how we make good decisions, I agree with that, and it's what I tried to do - a few others here as well. Then there is also
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Olek @ Today at 01:37 PM

NSL
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: handling a weighty Steinway grand bass by ando @ Today at 01:29 PM

He's not really a wordsmith though, is he?! Regarding his approach, I'm pretty sure Ed McMorrow would not be a fan of this video. He's adding lead all over the place without checking friction. And what about lightening the hammers? Some of those no
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Warm upright pianos? by gus6464 @ Today at 01:24 PM

Hi everyone, We have been looking for an upright for my wife. She has been playing on a Yamaha digital piano for years because of space constraints but we purchased a new home and now we can fit a decent upright. She has listened to the following pi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: handling a weighty Steinway grand bass by JohnSprung @ Today at 01:21 PM

The one thing I do a little differently is I have two drill motors, one high speed for the drill and the other low speed for the driver. You just pick up the right one each time, no swapping out the drill bit and the driver bit.
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by jkellner1 @ Today at 01:20 PM

Hello everyone! I'll try to keep this as short as possible... It was with great excitement that I stumbled upon this thread!! I brought my new little grand home from the store in March 2015 and it was tuned very well - I called it sweet. In the nex
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By grace_noteWhoa! I could have written this post. I have the exact same problem. If my fingers derail, so does my brain, it seems. I'm so used to my hands/fingers following a certain progression, th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts handling a weighty Steinway grand bass by shirlkirsten @ Today at 12:54 PM

My tech did a masterful job with lightening a bunch of my bass range notes. I filmed some of his assessment and remedy maneuvers. https://youtu.be/NrqSDHcZpQI
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Partita #2 Caprice - Quite Difficult! by Steve Chandler @ Today at 12:50 PM

The first version is quite good, but I agree with Tim the 2nd version sounds more confident and is thus, to my ears, more effective. While Martha's approach is perhaps a bit too fast this is one of those pieces by Bach that should be played at a quic
Adult Beginners Forum
bananasushi , play with both hands at the same time the right hand part, observing the exact fingering in the right hand, then vice versa - similarly .
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bad to visually memorize chords? by Fatih @ Today at 12:42 PM

I feel like not being aware of the components of your chord might lead you to have difficulties generating new progressions spontaneously. But apparently putting your awareness in front of your visual memory is not very doable. You start memorizing t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Thanks a lot for your reply, Yes, the noise was made when the DP is turned off, so it is mechanical but not the speaker which might have problem. Secondly, sorry for the confusion, it didn't have to hit very hard, as I can easily hear it even press
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by jazzwee @ Today at 12:37 PM

Newer android works. I wasn't successful making it work on older androids. There is actually a web version of periscope. https://www.periscope.tv But you can look only and you don't get to pick a stream. It's random. You also don't participate. It
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts 2nd Annual American Jazz Pianist Competition- Enter Now! by AtlanticMusicCtr @ Today at 12:29 PM

Please share this message with talented, American Jazz Pianists between the ages of 15-25 who would like to compete to be recognized as one of five finalists of the AJPC. This year, Kenny Barron will be providing his services as one of the judges.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Legato Thirds Difficulty by Morodiene @ Today at 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftI have to play this legato: This is a real problem for me as RH 4 finger doesn't lift up enough to go smoothly from 5-3 to 4-2 on black keys. I have to twist my hand sideways to do it and it doesn't feel natural. Does
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II or Vienna Imperial on 432 Hz by Frédéric L @ Today at 12:22 PM

About the sound, this Virtual Piano Comparison may help you : VSL Vienna Imperial (named on the video Imperial Grand... But the comment is about the Vienna Imperial) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rta1kxD0Pzg#t=1283 Synthogy Ivory Bösendorfer :
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Kawai RX-2 vs 1984 Yamaha C-5 by Rickster @ Today at 12:19 PM

Congratulations on your new Kawai RX-2C! I'm sure your family will enjoy it for years to come! Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by Monica K. @ Today at 12:19 PM

It most definitely does, Carlos! It is such a beautiful piece. I really like it. I've been trying to play it, and it's very hard. But I play the parts I can and wait not-so-patiently for the release of the rest of the album and sheet music.
Originally Posted By JoeTLike the 12 extra keys above 76: nice to have but not essential. Exactly.....
FYI: http://azpianonews.blogspot.com/2012/09/review-20122013-digital-pianos-under.html
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By outoAm I the only one who finds it EASIER to learn pieces hands together than hands separately? It's been like this ever since I started. The way my brain works learning hands separate is a real pain, takes longer and doesn't rea
Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Scarlatti K380
by teachum
09/04/15 04:40 PM
Piano practice apps
by jehalliday
09/04/15 03:44 PM
Haydn
by Parks
09/04/15 03:20 PM
Scarlatti K380
by teachum
09/04/15 03:02 PM
Looking for a sheet-music based course
by Rataridicta
09/04/15 01:55 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,625 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,675 Topics
2,441,984 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission