Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
71 registered (antwilk, AndrewJCW, Ashton M., Anticlock, 14 invisible), 1009 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Expanding my repertoire by debussychopin @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By siden70 Satie - Gymnopedie No.1 siden70 That is one for some reason I can never get it under my fingers. I practiced that one many times too. I know you mentioned 599 and it may not be of interest to you but my technical lev
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Piano VST Shootout: Cast your vote! by Ashton M. @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

I'll be publicly revealing the results of this test tomorrow! Wdco - I'm glad you enjoyed the music. Thanks for chiming in and leaving your detailed response. Toddy - That's a great point in regards to #5, I'll comment about this when I reveal the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Op 68 no 4 Ein Choral, to pedal or not ? by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

My (first) teacher used this piece to teach "overlapping pedaling" for the chord changes. On the piano I have now, I would likely use half pedal. I have the Kjos edition as well, though I was using Essential Keyboard Repertoire when I was
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Expanding my repertoire by deerfield @ Yesterday at 08:28 PM

Hello there! I've been on a mostly Bach diet since returning to the piano a couple of years ago. Some technically easier pieces to start out would be the two and three part inventions and if you feel comfortable with those then consider the French Su
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha Ginza Store by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By twocatsOriginally Posted By BrianDXOriginally Posted By twocatsI was asked not to share what I was quoted, but the prices I was offered on the new Bosendorfers that I checked out were much lower than what I'd expected from the Pi
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing between Kawai models by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By dave11235My top candidates at the moment are the CN-25, the CE-220, or the ES-7, roughly in that order. I wonder if anyone has compared these head-to-head and has any comments? I understand the CE-220 has a bit older action and s
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By bleakOf course, the only reason plastic is used now is because there is nothing better to use. I think to call some of the synthetic ivory products plastic is an oversimplification. But it brings up a good point. Is there a pro
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can you gess this piece? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By MarkarianSandstorm by Darude LOL. I thought it was California Love by Tupac.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: August Piano Bar by Riddler @ Yesterday at 08:07 PM

Glen, nice work as usual on Misty and Lonely Woman. I really like your left hand comping style. You express every chord, and articulate the pulse, without getting formulaic, and this provides a really effective support to your laid back right hand i
Jump to new posts Re: 3 options of used piano (PX-850,CLP-340,CLP-430) by kenshi @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

CLP 430 seems to be a good deal to me too, but seems that the low budget high performance PX-850 has earned lots of positive feedback from reviewers. I compared many youtube videos, and feels that clp430 sounded more powerful and real while px850 so
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing between Kawai models by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneSo plan a day to go visit a dealer, maybe make a trip out of it - find a restaurant to try out, go sightsee, etc. Bring a pair of headphones with you in case there are other people there playing, but also you will want t
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By JohnSprungAs an older not quite deceased pianist, I'm OK with the various substitutes and with real ivory. What I'm not OK with is busybodies with too much spare time trying to use big government to attack the owners of old pia
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Rerun The kids may not fully understand yet what they may be giving, half may not be able to sing all that good yet, none probably have ever thought about whether being able to listen and enjoy music is a gift itself ... who ca
Jump to new posts Re: High end piano suggestions by 36251 @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

For the same reason why you don't want an N3 might be the same reason why you might find a used or store demo N3 for a savings. I got a pretty good deal on a floor demo. Everyone feels better when they can get a deal. I've owned mine since 11/2011 a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by rXd @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

To answer the question how can one tune a piano without knowing music or tuning theory. I have known, and still know many fine and solid tuners who have no knowledge of music or theory. In the days when there were still piano factories in London,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: [OT] I'm moving (away from Greece!) by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By Orange Soda KingBest of luck, and hope it goes smoothly. Sort of off topic, but about moving to new countries: I could totally see myself living in Taiwan or South Korea one day. Why those two countries?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lyon & Healy "apartment grand" electrical wiring by David Farley @ Yesterday at 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By BDBI would say the piano was made no later than the 1920s, and is probably older. Lyon & Healy had pianos made by a number of manufacturers, and it may have the serial number from the actual manufacturer, which would be a dif
Piano Forum
I would say the piano was made no later than the 1920s, and is probably older. Lyon & Healy had pianos made by a number of manufacturers, and it may have the serial number from the actual manufacturer, which would be a different series than those
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks, Johan. That kind of "work" is always a pleasure. I'm a science student, and I think that I will have to study somewhere in the 6-8 hour range per day in order to excel this coming semester. After commuting to and from school, tha
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

There will never and I mean NEVER be any such thing as an RPT-E so all of this is a moot point. Nothing is going to change except maybe allowing Associates to vote for the Chapter Delegate which I am sure that many chapters already do so that means A
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with parent during my "break" by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By TiggsOriginally Posted By keystring So why is it a good idea to suggest to this father that he change his profession? I'm not sure what you've been trying to get at here. I work in tech support, and often a customer will say, &q
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Bo's twin for sale (Bosendorfer 225 deal!) by twocats @ Yesterday at 07:16 PM

In case anyone is interested, Bo's (almost) equally handsome twin brother, a 15-year old Bosendorfer 225 Senator in Pyramid Mahogany, is available in Phoenix AZ for $60k. It's been listed for at least as long as I've been searching, but just occur
Jump to new posts Re: QRS vs Pianodisc by machineintel @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

A few months ago I was also writing to various piano automation manufacturers trying to get some technical information out of them. Didn't have much luck either. Their overwhelming market is towards home users, so it's not surprising that they don't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can you gess this piece? by Kénan @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Oh I just realised I misspelled guess on the topic lol.
Jump to new posts Re: High end piano suggestions by Grandman @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

The AGs are targeted to compete against entry level acoustic pianos. Thus, they aren't subject to the same turnaround time that the DPs are. Even after 6 years, what digital piano has caught up to the AG's action and 4 channel sampling reproduction
Page 4 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bach Fugue - Hearing 3 Voices
by Raindrops
08/05/15 12:41 AM
Floating the pitch
by Bourniplus
08/05/15 12:15 AM
Question for memorizing left hand
by zyxwvu
08/04/15 11:08 PM
Bo's twin for sale (Bosendorfer 225 deal!)
by twocats
08/04/15 07:16 PM
Which great pianists of the past were notoriously nervous?
by pianoloverus
08/04/15 06:10 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,255 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,997 Topics
2,433,105 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission