Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
103 registered (Anticlock, AprilE, accordeur, AmateurBob, anamnesis, 31 invisible), 1202 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by TimR @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

I use single vision glasses. Bifocals are fine for everything else but aren't made for music. And if I can't see the conductor, well, he probably doesn't watch me either. But before you try anything else, get a lamp and a 150 watt bulb (incandesc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Debussy Preludes Edition Recommendation? by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

I just got some barenreiter for Debussy and they are just awesome as print, layout and overall quality of the book. I also have Durand.
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by musdan @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

Thanks so much Swiss Miss for all the great pictures and music from all the music makers. Singing Over the Rainbow is the best.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway's newest, but not for every budget by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

Is this a normal ebonized Steinway with the ceramics added for the music desk, little plaques on the side, and bench(with additional changes on the bench)? If so, that's about 200K extra for those relatively few little changes!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By beeboss....you shouldn't compare low quality improvisation..... Like what jazzers do? I quite agree .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin Phone Book (Schirmer Ultimate Collection) by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

Just noticed that Schirmer (Hal Leonard) is publishing a big ol' book of Chopin--the complete Ballades, Etudes, Mazurkas, Nocturnes, Polonaises, Preludes, and Waltzes. Comb binding. 724 pages. Heaven help you if you have an upright with the little h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing a string by Cassia @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungAre these the original strings from 1927? Is there a reason why this particular one went bad? If the whole string set is EOL, piecemeal replacement could be a waste of money. It may be wiser to save up and go for a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By slipperykeysOriginally Posted By beebossOriginally Posted By slipperykeysMost comments here appear to be assuming that all improvisation is worth hearing. In my experience it isn't. That is a fundamental difference. Not really
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Few Questions on D. Scarlatti Sonata K.032 (Aria) by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By Son NGood morning everyone. I am trying to learn this wonderful piece by Sonata K.032 by Scarlatti. And I have few questions, hoping that anyone can help me out with it. Thank you in advance. 1) On the 5th measure, how would you
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best way to be fired? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By keystringJust a quick but maybe important point. It's discontinuation of a service - not firing. An employer can fire an employee. An employer-employee relationship is marked by a long term contract, payment of into old age pe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Steinway's newest, but not for every budget by leel @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

http://3dprint.com/79005/3d-printed-steinway-piano/ But that's OK; I don't care for the color
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good rubato? (Rachmaninoff Etude) by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By EvaldasI guess I should add that the reason I'm asking is that my teacher seems to offer tips that go in a very different direction from this interpretation and I haven't discussed Idil Biret or her interpretation of this piece w
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best way to be fired? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By keystringJust a quick but maybe important point. It's discontinuation of a service - not firing. An employer can fire an employee. An employer-employee relationship is marked by a long term contract, payment of into old age pe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Few Questions on D. Scarlatti Sonata K.032 (Aria) by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:33 PM

1) Play it with the thumb. To make it less awkward, slide the other fingers up toward the top of the key (in between the black keys) so you're not twisting your wrist at an odd angle. 2) I wouldn't do that if it's not absolutely necessary. I think
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good rubato? (Rachmaninoff Etude) by Evaldas @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

I guess I should add that the reason I'm asking is that my teacher seems to offer tips that go in a very different direction from this interpretation and I haven't discussed Idil Biret or her interpretation of this piece with the teacher, although wh
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by gary3917 @ Yesterday at 03:28 PM

Thank you guys for your help . Even the Great One.....Kawai James !!!It is great to have so much help . And yes to Qaroll.... That would be so awesome !!! Please email me if you do.....ghunty@bellsouith.net
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cracked soundboard on a 1909 Estey Upright by bellspiano @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

So it sounds as if whatever you choose to do will have a good reason behind it. Good! Have fun! (Me, I never fixed anything that didn't seriously need it -- kind of like letting the piano guide me to its desired subtleties of regulation, I let the pi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital logistics question by barbaram @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

I'm more than happy with any of the options. I think option #3 would be risky though for any volunteer without being able to call on you for advice, so agree with your assessment that it's not ideal.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Is this a good rubato? (Rachmaninoff Etude) by Evaldas @ Yesterday at 03:23 PM

Finally we took a summer break until September with my piano teacher that I've been working with since January (loving it) so I have spare time to contemplate some things . For example, I've been working for so long now on the Rachmaninoff Etude Tabl
Jump to new posts Re: Cracked soundboard on a 1909 Estey Upright by BenP @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By BDBIf you keep the piano in a stable environment, there should be no more damage, and if you do not, it will not matter whether you have repaired the soundboard or not. Well-put, thanks. This is the mindset I have been leaning
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggiated chords by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

Yes. Arpeggiated simply means instead of playing them all at once, they are played one at a time. So arpeggios can come in any order.
Jump to new posts Re: Cracked soundboard on a 1909 Estey Upright by BenP @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

Dorrie - my goal is to make a well-functioning musical instrument for my own home use. I recently gave away my previous piano to a friend's family. A second (and perhaps equal) goal is to gain more experience myself in some areas I don't dabble in
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duets for Students and Teachers by Laurie R. @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Hi Nikolas, Thanks for giving some of us the chance to help out, via the Piano World forum! And thanks for adding our names to the score. It was a very nice gesture. Thinking about you all in Greece, and hoping that everything will improve for the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Arpeggiated chords by AprilE @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

In my Alfred's Basic Book One, arpeggiated chords are introduced stating that the bottom note is played first. Later, in Amazing Grace, there is an arpeggiated chord (D#, E, and G) within a descending triplet (It is followed by D nat. and C). I am wo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Sonata C Minor op.10/1, First Movement by upbeat @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

I found this interpretation to be very fresh and emotional. Kudos! Keep up the good work!
Page 5 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai-CA 97 (SHS) headphone question
by Gatsbee13
07/07/15 12:42 AM
Themed recitals
by outo
07/07/15 12:01 AM
What should I do with this Friedr Ehrbar Pianoforte?
by Tralexer
07/06/15 11:48 PM
Students who "test" you
by Maybelle
07/06/15 10:20 PM
For Dave Brubeck Fans
by PianogrlNW
07/06/15 09:16 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,888 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,353 Topics
2,424,654 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission