Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
63 registered (BeeceUK, AndrewMouris, barbaram, AdrianR, ando, Adypiano, 14 invisible), 1678 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Back to School - at 62? by JimF @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

Congrats, Sam! that keyboard skills class sounds interesting but OMG intimidating to have to do all that stuff on the fly. Best, Jim
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for Christmas Recitals by carlos88 @ Yesterday at 06:22 PM

A similar, informal level of recital is taking place at the piano studio where I'm taking lessons. No memorization required, no formal dress required, with small groups at each recital time. From what I see, it really is just a time for the stude
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First (baby) grand advice needed by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 06:22 PM

The quality chain needs all three links: design, materials, and manufacturing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Back to School - at 62? by Sam S @ Yesterday at 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By carlos88 Did all of the memorization techniques that you were learning this semester help with your final memorized performance? Definitely helped the Mendelssohn. I set up 8 memory posts, and used a random timer to force me to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Back to School - at 62? by carlos88 @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

Congratulations on making it through the first semester and a successful piano jury, Sam. The donuts were a nice touch. Did all of the memorization techniques that you were learning this semester help with your final memorized performance?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I focus my playing on jazz ballad standards for cocktail piano music. I have my ES8 and am pretty happy with it. However, I am experiencing GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). My budget is around $2000 new money (more if that includes selling my ES8
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Goes Your Music Room Holiday Decorating? by ChatNoir @ Yesterday at 06:00 PM

This is what the top of my Estonia looks like at Christmas.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Ideas for Christmas Recitals by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 05:42 PM

Do you host Christmas Recitals for your studio? Any ideas that you'd like to share? This year, I'm taking out the dress code and replacing it with "seasonal attire." And I'm not making the kids memorize their pieces.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by Albunea @ Yesterday at 05:33 PM

Next I should do some Spanish song for a change.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by Albunea @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

Oh wow good that you tell me, because I was considering ordering that book. I don't know those songs! (know like 5 only). I am mostly practicing with the ones I hear or even am singing at the moment. Trying them in other keys looks good to me. I did
Piano Teachers Forum
Well, from what I've read what she is teaching is pretty solid and therefore much better than the absolutely inept teaching by many of the hacks I know about who know next to nothing about teaching and next to nothing about playing the piano. But th
Jump to new posts Re: Editor (Windows) for KAWAI VPC-1 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 05:16 PM

Try this (I'm using a Windows 7 command shell, on top of Windows 10 -- your keystrokes may be different): . . . Right-click on the editor's icon; . . . Left-click on "Properties"; . . . Left-click on "Compatibility"; . . . Lef
Jump to new posts Re: Where to find latency information? by newer player @ Yesterday at 05:10 PM

Tony, Latency is tough to define and measure. I posted some introductory links about latency on the following thread: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2538408/1.html
Jump to new posts Re: Where to find latency information? by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 04:53 PM

The amont displayed by Pianoteq is simply the buffer size divided by the sample rate. (Here : 128/44.1kHz = 2.9ms) With a Steinberg UR22, I can open the control panel and the driver show the exact latency (7.755ms). This value is reported because th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone play any of Handel's Suites ... ? by pianopi @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By VidShould be played more often. Are you working on them? Yes, I am. I need to clean up my playing (and get out of hiding my weaknesses in pedal and rubato ..), so I am working through some Baroque works, and discovered Handel's
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend a Beginner Keyboard for a Friend by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

I was re-introduced to playing, when I started to fool around on a Korg X5D (a low-end, PCM-based synth from 15 or more years ago). I'd picked it up at auction, years before, for $60, and it sat in a closet for a long time. It was intriguing . . .
Originally Posted By TonyDIGITALAbsolutely! I will buy it again anytime. It's the best touch action available for $700. The sound is weak though but I don't care since I run VST I'll second that, great piano touch, just bought one a couple weeks ag
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Goes Your Music Room Holiday Decorating? by Kurtmen @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

Here is my Holiday Piano Room
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Goes Your Music Room Holiday Decorating? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

I'm afraid the only Holiday activities going on in my music room is a little rehearsing of some oldies Christmas songs and Holiday favorites. I've been invited to play the piano at our annual college Christmas luncheon in a couple of weeks and I need
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by jokke @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

Have been practicing Sibelius' Le Sapin (op 75 no 5) for hours and hours, finally have more or less mastered the notes in the middle part! Practice results on Soundcloud Tempo needs to be doubled and it doesn't yet sound correct (have piano lesso
Jump to new posts Where to find latency information? by TonyDIGITAL @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

I'm working with Pianoteq Stage and UVI workstation 2. While the "audio" setting shows sample rate of 48kHz there's a display of ms behind the buffer setting. Is that the expected latency?
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs. Acoustic by TonyDIGITAL @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Digital = affordable, quiet practice, flexibility, more amateur'ish Analog = connection, the real thing, luxury, advanced / expert level So it's a question of money IMHO
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop recommendations for Virtual Piano - CFX by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

I have tried the Chopin's Fantaisie Impromptu (a little heavy piece of music) with 1.25GB, 2GB and 4GB of memory allocated. With 1.25GB, Garritan CFX repports 2 disk loss (measured twice), and with 2GB or 4GB, 0 disk loss. I couldn't get Garritan to
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By AndrewGleibmanHi James, Quote: One suggestion may also be to consider augmenting the MP7s built-in sound library (or whichever board you decide to go for) with an iPad. There are some incredible apps for recreating 80s/90s soun
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Greased rollers.... by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

It is disturbing to contemplate that someone would do such a thing. From what insalubrious wellspring of ignorance mixed with eagerness might such a misguided procedure confidently arise? I mean, what book or article ever said to put tallow on rol
Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering in Bach Invention 13 BWV 784
by pinkfloydhomer
12/07/16 04:01 AM
Stride Piano
by john f
12/07/16 03:54 AM
Pomodoro technique for pianists
by ldiebold
12/07/16 12:48 AM
Don't know what to say
by chasingrainbows
12/06/16 08:48 PM
I fiddled around on CA97, LX17, and GP500
by Beakybird
12/06/16 08:34 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,798 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,840 Topics
2,576,739 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission