Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
95 registered (Almaviva, ando, Benoit N, Albunea, agraffe, augustm, 23 invisible), 1599 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do I still need my digital piano by f4tune81 @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

We have our piano in the "TV room." The TV is on constantly, especially since my ailing father in law moved in. Therefore, my digital which is upstairs, is a nice retreat and at present it is getting all the use. I like it so much I'm th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai piano recall- bad glue?? by cphollis @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

Kawai is one of those piano brands I would have zero qualms in purchasing. Can't say that about everyone.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts NPTG syllabus--help!!! by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

I have a few parents who are very interested in competitions for their children. Interestingly, it's the students who can't read notes well, are not musical, do not want to sight sing, and/or lack rhythm. I received a draft syllabus from the Guild
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Nord Piano 3 anyone? by cphollis @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

I expect to hear much more in the next few weeks. Looks like the supply chain has just opened up.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Op 2, No 1, 1st Mvt. Memory Issue by knotty @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Don't be stubborn!! This part is very easy to analyze harmonically and will make it trivial to memorize. All you have are triads. Ab triad, Db triad, Eb, Bbm and C. That's it. if you can remember that, you're pretty much left to worry about the Sf an
Jump to new posts Re: Best piano sound by cphollis @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

Are we just talking acoustic pianos and electromechanical pianos (Rhodes, Wurli, etc.)? Over on the Keyboard Corner forum, the two largest camps seem to be around the Yamaha CP4 and the Nord Piano 2/3. Both are top-shelf for gigging keyboardists, a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization Exercise by Sam S @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

Nice timing on reviving this thread, because my new teacher threw me another curve ball today. She wants me to start two new pieces. - I cannot see the music for the entire piece, or play through it all. - We played parts of one piece in my lesson
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spinet piano the red headed step child by kennyz @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

That's kinda how I sit. Like I said, with my body perpendicular to the keys, maybe slightly turned in, and I slide the bench ( or pick it up and move it...don't scratch the customers floor!!!!) and down as I go up the scale. This seems to work for me
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: best scanner app for iPhone/iPad by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By PianoperformanceForescore..you can then share as pdf via email too.. Thanks! I was typing when you posted this, but that was my next question.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for the Right Piano Lamp..... by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

There is a Concert Design upright lamp that might work on this page- http://www.concertdesign.com/lamps.html Seems rather expensive, and is halogen. Also, http://www.pianosupplies.com/piano/lamps.html http://www.houseoftroy.com/products_sub.asp
Jump to new posts Re: best scanner app for iPhone/iPad by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Newbert, thanks! Have you ever used forScore to scan a non-score? I don't have forScore on my phone. I believe you have to pay separately, I use it enough that i don't mind, but has anyone ever tried to link the two so that the libraries are the sa
Jump to new posts Re: best scanner app for iPhone/iPad by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Forescore..you can then share as pdf via email too..
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Morodiene, Hal Leonard has quite a few good pop song series. One is called Current Hits for Students. Many of my students have learned Firework (Katy Perri) and songs from movies from those books. There's a ton of Hal Leonard Pop Hits books (fai
Jump to new posts Re: Spinet piano the red headed step child by HelloMrZebra @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

What are some good techniques that help save your shoulders and back? Randy potter suggests turning your body at a 45 degree angle towards the tuning pin and to lean slightly inward keeping your back straight, however with these shorter pianos its j
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for the Right Piano Lamp..... by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-DL0...rds=piano+light I have something like this one for piano light
Jump to new posts Re: best scanner app for iPhone/iPad by newbert @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By ShiroKuroThey do have cameras. If you take a photo, you get a full color image, and it may be more or least at an angle etc. If you want a PDF of that, AFAIK, you have to get it onto a laptop and use some software to save the pho
Jump to new posts Re: Spinet piano the red headed step child by kennyz @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Not sure how tall you are but I'm 5'10", the're not my favorite tuning call but I get through them just fine. Maybe try getting up to stretch every octave or so? It may add some time but if it saves your back its probably worth it in the l
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai piano recall- bad glue?? by KawaiDon @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

It's kind of interesting to spot threads like this, as I work for the company and have no idea where this story came from. Of course, since I work for Kawai anything I say tends to be considered tainted. And that is one reason I do not respond to s
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Simulator by HelloMrZebra @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

Robert when I'm using tunelab what is the proper way to set it up to do a pitch raise? Do I load average temperament then create the name of the file then save? Then measure? Then over-pull for a pitch raise? Then turn off over-pull and just tune nor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for the Right Piano Lamp..... by newbert @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By FrankCoxWhat about a floor-standing arm lamp? I'd prefer not to go that route. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Simulator by HelloMrZebra @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

I can't get the notes to play when I click on them though, nor do I sse the hammer icon.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by Scordatura @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

Hi halford, No way are you "cheating", as I'm sure the vast number of seasoned professional musicians who routinely use it would agree! Firstly, using a metronome - if you understand how to time yourself to it, as you seem to - is highly a
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DPs: Drop the bass? by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

You need to make adjustments to any digital piano + amp + speaker system in any room/environment. The lower frequencies, 100htz and under are tricky in most rooms. Particularly if those frequencies are further amplified by what you have your speake
Jump to new posts Re: Spinet piano the red headed step child by HelloMrZebra @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

I will try the leap frogging. I still am too tall to tune spinets though.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help Me Name Our Store by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By RicksterOriginally Posted By MarieJPianoSuppliesPlus.com? Rick "Plus" has a certain connotation for women shoppers.
Page 5 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can someone please give me a free link for VST
by Shreyansh Agarwal
08/30/16 06:14 AM
And my piano wasn't broken....
by FrankCox
08/30/16 02:17 AM
This just makes me so sad.
by Brinestone
08/29/16 11:25 PM
Is It Customary to Tip Tuner/Technician?
by newbert
08/29/16 11:15 PM
Looking to buy a new 48" piano
by Pivolin
08/29/16 10:12 PM
Forum Stats
84,824 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,850 Topics
2,551,583 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission