Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By: Mark R.Tune a unison nice and clean. Measure its pitch today. 440.2 Hz. Test/measure the same unison three days later. Still clean, but at 439.9 Hz. I'm not talking about measuring pitch
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTHi Mark, That is the Weinreich effect. All three strings drift from their original pitch. Example: String 1: 440 Hz String 2: 440.02 Hz String 3: 439.97 Hz String 1/2/3 together: 439.9 Hz Strings measured
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: CarbonblobThey was using up all kinds of piano measuring' equipment that they had hanging around the piano workshop. They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and they took twenty seven eight-by-ten
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff 2 and broken strings by Markarian @ Today at 10:58 AM

I, too, am really interested to know this. The Rach 2 is one of my all-time favorites and, while I am not an accomplished enough pianist to play it end-to-end, there are certain passages I really like that I frequently approximate that consist of tho
Jump to new posts Re: Ivories: To save or not to save by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul678About how long does it take to replace all the ivories on an upright piano? I do have an industrial heat gun, but not sure I have enough clamps.... I remove ivories with a heat gun and utility knife. Careful the kni
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: bkw58I thought Weinreich effect to be a tuning phenomenon, not a result of post-tuning drift. Yes? No? Yes, as far as I understand it, these are two different effects. Weinreich is immediate.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark R.Tune a unison nice and clean. Measure its pitch today. 440.2 Hz. Test/measure the same unison three days later. Still clean, but at 439.9 Hz. I'm not talking about measuring pitches of single strings vs. pitch of the wh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light Hammers- Computer Analysis of 4 Grand Piano Actions by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:40 AM

That is what I do Jim.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff 2 and broken strings by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:39 AM

One factor in treble breakage is that when one is installing strings it is very easy to inadvertently apply too much tension on the treble strings. So they can get damaged in the installation process by being over stretched. The damage doesn't manife
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN24 vs Kawai CA65 Vs Acoustic by EPW @ Today at 10:27 AM

The wooden keys on the Kawai CA65/Ca95 is a different breed then on the CN series. It is not just the plastic vs wood. The CA series has the long pivot point, more like a real grand piano. The CN series is not bad, but I would suggest you try the CA
Jump to new posts Re: Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles. by Olek @ Today at 10:23 AM

Back cloth does nothing to convergence, and balance height almost nothing. Lining both hack to knuckle and key to whippen imply modification of stack installation, orientation, and eventually the distance between centers in the vertical plane,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by Ataru074 @ Today at 10:21 AM

you might want to try exercises 1a and 1b from here: http://javanese.imslp.info/files/imglnks..._WoO_6_scan.pdf It did help me to get it done.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trinity ATCL exam questions by slava_richter @ Today at 10:18 AM

Thanks a lot for our input, Bruce! I think that either of those programs can work, I just have to figure out the timing. At the very least, this gives me an idea of how to structure the program so that it is balanced and reasonably diverse.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by Gadzar @ Today at 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: bkw58I thought Weinreich effect to be a tuning phenomenon, not a result of post-tuning drift. Yes? No? You're right! The Weinreich effect has nothing to do with tuning stability. As Mark R. said, in the Weinreich effect the p
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: joe80 There's only so much weight that's useful though and it's the speed at which one can move the key downwards that has most effect on tone. I agree but don't want to discount the advantage that weight gives to forte
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by Pover @ Today at 10:12 AM

Thanks everyone! Carbonblob, thanks a lot. I watched those videos and I can see that this method (also mentioned by Heather - thanks!) will probably do the trick. You guys never cease to impress! Thanks you again, and good luck with the piece blob.
Jump to new posts Re: Just Checked out a Richmond Studio upright by ChickGrand @ Today at 10:06 AM

Not a pro and not intending to slam, but just not sure what you're about or after. Pianos around here in the midwest with that many problems are usually $100 cheaper than that one. If your point is to get one to learn to repair, you can probably ge
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do Parents want to hear the truth anymore? by Morodiene @ Today at 10:05 AM

Originally Posted By: outoI wonder, do you teachers ever try to explain to the parents that even if the child is not on a road to become a professional pianist, he will gain a lot from learning good working habits on the instrument? All this he can a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's Norbert? by Frankni @ Today at 10:05 AM

Could it be that he is working on a new piano brand: the Norbert215 (I bet in matted black polish with a red fall board)? I guess we will hear from him soon. He might also just be playing .... (one does get carried away at times)
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by bkw58 @ Today at 10:02 AM

I thought Weinreich effect to be a tuning phenomenon, not a result of post-tuning drift. Yes? No?
Jump to new posts Re: Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles. by Ed Foote @ Today at 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By: OscarLHi,as a DIY hobbyist,I'm in the process of overhauling a 1980 ZIMMERMAN Baby Grand,and at this stage I had replaced quite a few components and made adjustments,<snip> .Now I've reached the conclusion that I would lik
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff 2 and broken strings by BDB @ Today at 09:56 AM

Concert pianos are often subject to broken strings due to fatigue from heavy use and high tensions. The music does not matter. It is the amount of use they get.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by Hakki @ Today at 09:46 AM

Yes, omnis are the way to go. I prefer them too. I was refering to the practical setup above, with better audio quality compared to the onboard mic of his iPad.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by Gadzar @ Today at 09:32 AM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerOriginally Posted By: GadzarThe tuning stability does not depend on the order you tune the strings. All C's one day, all G's the other, etc... The time, in this case, is not a factor neither. You can tune all note
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Rachmaninoff 2 and broken strings by Anne'sson @ Today at 09:31 AM

On Friday , September 19, I was present for a splendid performance of Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 by Natasha Paremski and the El Paso symphony Orchestra. One of my friends works for the Symphony office. I heard from her that Paremski practi
Page 5 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Tuner Recommendation
by DancerJ
09/22/14 03:58 PM
Opening a Kawai ES7
by ColoRodney
09/22/14 03:32 PM
Kawai MP11 black key noise?
by rungabic
09/22/14 11:35 AM
Rachmaninoff 2 and broken strings
by Anne'sson
09/22/14 09:31 AM
Kawai CN24 vs Kawai CA65 Vs Acoustic
by Luca33
09/22/14 08:55 AM
Who's Online
137 registered (accordeur, ajames, Anne'sson, Arizona Sage, 40 invisible), 1738 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76285 Members
42 Forums
157692 Topics
2316249 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission