Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
91 registered (AlanSanDiego, ando, AZNpiano, augustm, Aceituna, 24 invisible), 1026 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by Fscotte @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

That's what I believe. I cannot even do anything with the I-Lok Synthogy license, I can't uninstall it, I can't copy it, I can't erase it. The i-Lok license is a permanent part of the i-Lok so they are essentially one physical device. Very much li
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for an adult Beginner. by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Hello Prinz, welcome to the forum. To echo the advice already provided by others, I would recommend that you play-test as many pianos within your budget as possible, and purchase the instrument yourself and your wife enjoy playing the most. If you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! I'd like to discuss my piano competition repertoire. by albumblatter @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

All fine choices, but I haven't played Vers la flamme and Prokofiev toccata; I think starting to learn those piece at this point would be dangerous.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: NOT Chopin Op 28 No 3 by Vid @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Thank you. I won't mess with that piece because I know the composer personally.
Jump to new posts Re: New Pianos from Native Insturments :) by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

I have all three. (The GAS never ends. I have software GAS. You have hardware GAS. Put us together and we'd be toxic.) Originally Posted By Mta88http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/definitive-piano-collection Priced at 199. I
Jump to new posts Re: Having a hard time transitioning to a heavier key action by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 07:39 PM

You will have to experiment a bit. I would say first, does the p95 have a feature where you can set the velocity curve to be a bit more aggressive so you don't have to dig in so hard to get your forte? Then just make sure that you're just fatigued a
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for an adult Beginner. by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:38 PM

IMHO (see below), the Casio's are competitive with (in quality and sound) -- and maybe better than -- other DP's in their price class. Don't ignore them because of the brand name. If you can stretch your budget a bit, try the Roland F130R. IMHO it
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 07:33 PM

Our difference comes down to a distinction between ownership of the original work vs. ownership of the physical embodiment.Originally Posted By OneWattAs a consumer, I wish it were so. (I think we're saying the same thing but perhaps drawing differen
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: book recommendation... by gooddog @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Thanks Entheo. That really clarifies it.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording grand piano by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

You need to explain the "blumlien" recording method to readers. The idea of putting mics under the piano is going to get you into all sorts of phase problems. Mics placed inside the piano pick up a lot of damper and action sound. A pair
Yep - the lion's share of my real time (simultaneous MIDI+audio) latency is just the audio buffering. If I use the Dummy Audio interface, I'm back down 1ms and less. I'd still like to understand exactly why Reaper behaves the way it does, but I'm co
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Actually, I'm interested, but not motivated.Originally Posted By FscotteHey guys, it's just $100. I'm a bit surprised no one is interested. I understand the license thing scaring someone away, but for $100, sheesh, I've spent more just to see what
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

Hello Ulrich, Originally Posted By UlrichKawai James, I have a special question: I'm interested in the MP7 as a masterkeyboard. There are four faders for zone volume on the MP7. I would like to use them as free controllers for my daw (ableton live).
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By OcramInteresting... so the upright sound is based on samples of an actual upright and not a processed version of one of the grand samples. Yes, a Kawai K-60 I believe. Originally Posted By OcramThe perils of auditioning instrum
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 12 as played by Liszt by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By DamonOriginally Posted By RubberFingersOriginally Posted By Michael SayersYou can make a piano roll of yourself playing it slowly, and then just speed up the playback rate. Wouldn't that make it play at a higher pitch?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: P.W. at 666 by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Jump to new posts Having a hard time transitioning to a heavier key action by symphonicfinale @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

Coming from a P85 with light action. I recently bought the P95 which has heavier action, I'm finding I'm fatigued much easier and having to press harder to achieve the same results I did with the lighter P85 action. Does anyone else have a similar
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By Ocram... I can't really say I formed a solid opinion on the tone of the RD-700NX's patches; it was plugged into one of those Bose tower thingys which didn't have the subwoofer connected and sounded quite boxy. The Stage 2 was plu
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By blackjack1777I was looking over the songs at the end of the book in the review section and I noticed they all have a copyright at the bottom and there is no mention of them being arranged like some of the other pieces in the book
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai and Roland from same dealer in Scotland... by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

Heres the Roland UK dealer locator. There are a couple of stores in Scotland. One in Edinburgh, one in Glasgow. http://www.roland.co.uk/dealer_locator/ Jay
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: JUPA Question by Biff Steel @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

Thanks, EkW. I did not see that site. I'll take a look.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things Top Practicers Do Differently by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By StubbieHumans as test subjects are always fraught with difficulties. For starters, unless you are using identical twins, controls are a problem. An 'experiment' like this one is intriguing, but begs for a follow-up study with m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: P.W. at 666 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By pv88Originally Posted By Michael SayersIt is headed to places that aren't very nice - which is an understatement - and which it is best not to think about, because there isn't anything you can do to prevent the outcomes. Practic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things Top Practicers Do Differently by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene OK, but in this instance, the findings correspond with what many people already agree are most efficient ways of practicing. So call it luck, faith, whatever, it's a useful thing to know. I did no such scientific experi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

I was looking over the songs at the end of the book in the review section and I noticed they all have a copyright at the bottom and there is no mention of them being arranged like some of the other pieces in the book. Does this imply that these son
Page 5 of 36 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My interviews with moviegoers who saw Seymour: An Introd.
by music32
03/31/15 02:16 AM
Adding a soundcard for VST playing on my setup?
by idfpiano
03/31/15 01:04 AM
Piano Tastings Ep. 8: Grotrian at NAMM
by Rich Galassini
03/30/15 11:42 PM
Help with installing VSTs
by EddieK
03/30/15 11:26 PM
Buying advice
by noisy123
03/30/15 10:45 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,715 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,863 Topics
2,390,528 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission