Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
116 registered (AndrewJCW, beet31425, anamnesis, Beauxhomme, 31 invisible), 1631 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Serge Marinkovic @ Today at 11:49 AM

How about for the 2020 Van Cliburn 1st round. Chopin Opus 10 no 1,2,4,8 25 no 6 2nd round Beethoven opus 57 1 and 3 rd movement 3rd round Schubert Wanderer 1-4 movement 4th Beethoven Piano Concerto No 4, th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts concerto performance opportunity for amateur pianist by Ricker Choi @ Today at 11:49 AM

hi... I am looking for performance opportunities for concerto with orchestra for amateur pianist. I would be greatly appreciate for your advice. I know about these ones for now California concerto piano Texas van cliburn amateur piano competition
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
I will go for a walk on my lunch break and see if I notice. I typically have a solid internal pulse.
Piano Teachers Forum
The teacher should provide a path, and whatever descriptions of methods are appropriate for the student at that point. But there's something that hasn't been discussed much. The teacher can observe things the student is not capable of noticing. Th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Speakers amd Software (noob) by Charles Cohen @ Today at 11:46 AM

Yes, you may get a significant improvement using the DP's built-in sounds, and improving the loudspeaker system. you don't say what headphones you're using. If they're good ones (translates to "cost $100 or more"), you're hearing pretty m
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scheduling App for Ipad/Iphone and computer by Chatalbash Lessons @ Today at 11:46 AM

Wow "Better Practice" looks amazing I'm going to look into that. You are looking for scheduling students. I would look into www.youcanbook.me It syncs with your iPhone calendar or your google calendar. Parents and students can schedule righ
Jump to new posts Re: Interval Ear Training by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 11:42 AM

KlinkKlonk and johan d, thank you for the suggestions. Regarding octaves and fifths, I do have some confusion there but I'm not yet sure if it's overtones or if it's just "big" intervals. I'm working melodically currently; when I start to
Jump to new posts Re: No line-in input: recording question by Stephano @ Today at 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenHere's another idea... Thanks Charles, however I'm not really interested in MIDI at this point. I don't want to buy a virtual piano or have to render anything. Maybe in the future, but not now. Just the simplest audi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by coaster @ Today at 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By RonaldSteinwayOriginally Posted By Mark_C I don't agree that your repertoire needed to have been "harder" or that this would have put you in a better position. It is a competition. If A and B played equally well, yet
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by JohnnyReb @ Today at 11:38 AM

Any problems with music pages catching on the rack as you turn pages isn't the foam board or does that help to avoid that problem?
Pianist Corner
Hi Shirley, I remember that Zukerman taught some of the first remote lessons and master classes from New York over the internet about 15 years ago. http://www.columbia.edu/cu/news/01/01/zukerman.html The last part of the linked article is interes
Jump to new posts Re: Interval Ear Training by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 11:29 AM

@Qazsedcft, I find it hard to tell a melodic octave from any other big interval, say a seventh or a ninth or a tenth, etc. Meludia has a task where it plays two notes in succession, and you have to say if the interval is an octave or not. I find th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don has a go on the piano by sor @ Today at 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By Tubbie0075Don't tell me I have been playing the wrong piece! My book definitely says "Complete Chopin Preludes" nice playing I was going to post that yes this is definitely chopin until I realized it was
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Nahum Exactly! The student, as a child at all, must be a researcher with the teacher, not an obedient robot, acting in accordance with the program. This turns the lesson on a musical journey with adventures , when sometimes are l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don has a go on the piano by sor @ Today at 11:24 AM

love both pieces and that is a cool story to have your airbnb guest play Chopin and Debussy !
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discussing stretch with a professional tuner by Gadzar @ Today at 11:20 AM

I've never been asked a specific amount of stretch and hopefully never will. IMO it is pretentious, if you know more than me, then you do it!
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Chopin Hands @ Today at 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By JohnnyRebThanks. Any thoughts about the LX-17 music desk from anyone? Blessings! I just cut a couple of pieces of black foam board and place that on the music rest. This gives the sheet music great support, and you can make i
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by pirke @ Today at 11:16 AM

I actually like the stand: it's nice and wide (the whole keyboard length) instead of a small stand in the middle. The only downside imho is that you can't leave the music open when you close the lid.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by RonaldSteinway @ Today at 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_C I don't agree that your repertoire needed to have been "harder" or that this would have put you in a better position. It is a competition. If A and B played equally well, yet A played Ondine by Ravel and B pla
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Dues Regnat... My end goal would really be able to sit at the piano and "play from my head" if that makes any sense. I have done this on a rare occasion and made some "pretty sounds" but it's something I'd lik
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discussing stretch with a professional tuner by Ed Foote @ Today at 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By BeemerMany thanks for your advice which I value. On delivery I was happy with the stretch and would be happy if the tuner kept it as it was. Ian Ok, I think I have just realized what the problem I was having in this whole li
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Today at 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By coaster....here's a fun question for anyone who wants to answer... What would you like to see me play in competition next time? Yep, I said "next time!" First of all: Yay!! What you should play: Absolutely whatever
Piano Teachers Forum
There are some realities, if you're on the classical side of the aisle which you seem to be given the books you've mentioned. Fux is the counterpoint book from which all other counterpoint books flow. Better to work slowly through that book and get
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: June Piano Bar by sor @ Today at 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By RiddlerSOR, very listenable, with a romantic feel and a bit of cinematic flair. You are really quite adept at those left hand figures and they add a lot to the music. Piano primo, amazing what can be done with a computer nowaday
Jump to new posts Re: Trade in by Ozan @ Today at 10:49 AM

Beethoven would brake an Digital Piano in half i think, haha
Page 5 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sight reading question
by kav3man
06/27/16 05:41 PM
And .. . The Best Looking Digital is. . .
by peterws
06/27/16 02:28 PM
Best books/materials for piano music theory for beginner?
by anzeen
06/27/16 01:22 PM
es8 triple pedal with half damper ?
by coachz
06/27/16 11:51 AM
concerto performance opportunity for amateur pianist
by Ricker Choi
06/27/16 11:49 AM
Forum Stats
84,132 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,603 Topics
2,536,876 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission