Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
136 registered (AjLongsPiano, accordeur, anamnesis, alans, 36 invisible), 1504 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by guyl @ Today at 07:18 AM

It's a baby - grand week! :-)
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by UnderConstruction @ Today at 07:07 AM

Been doing a bit more digging, and it appears on the international website, a lot more info has been published for everyone's reading / listening pleasure. Enjoy. http://music.casio.com/en/products/digital_pianos/ghs/ PS. Pitty they didn't make a p
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by 36251 @ Today at 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By MRCGreat news: this looks like some serious competition for the AvantGrands. The four channel samples and equivalent amplification would have to be as good as the action to be a serious threat to the N3 and N2. Maybe it would com
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Olek @ Today at 07:00 AM

Yes that is what I talk about. Multiple peaks on the inverted V, with just one string, may signal defects in the tone, but which ones? I think probably iH departing in pitches from what is expected, but I can be wrong. There is a method to join
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by sullivang @ Today at 06:53 AM

Originally Posted By MRC I'm very interested to learn more about the action. Is there a real escapement? Good question - it looks too simple to me to have escapement though, and if it did, I think Casio would make a point of it, unless they want to
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by Basia C. @ Today at 06:51 AM

I have been pushed in a positive way at different occasions. I don't recognize anything like that in what the OP is describing. Being pushed can in a sense be a positive feeling. You might be uncomfortable from some perspective but there should alway
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Pete14 @ Today at 06:05 AM

From the pictures, the "key" seems to be at baby-grand length rather than concert-grand length. It would be good to know if Casio is indeed using "full-length wooden concert grand piano keys." If this is not the case, Casio needs
Jump to new posts Re: Double-striking keys on Petrof II grand by Musicdude @ Today at 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By HansC2 Optimizing friction, repetition spring tension and back checking requires experience. That's where I need a good piano technician for. But I am afraid that most piano technicians only tune and don't have real experience in
Adult Beginners Forum
I will not participate but I'm looking forward to listen all the pieces.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best two piano showrooms in London by Sketches @ Today at 05:36 AM

Thanks guys, very excited. Thanks to all who gave me advise in this thread and elsewhere too. when I get a spare 30 mins, I will do a brain dump on my shopping experience in a new thread incase it may be helpful to others looking for their first aco
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano purchasing approach, used or new? by Withindale @ Today at 05:35 AM

Actually, pianos are really hard to judge on the internet except perhaps for recent ones like Yamaha and Kawai. About 30 mins at a piano showroom with a variety of new and old instrument may blow away everything you imagined after all your research.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Legato Thirds Difficulty by wouter79 @ Today at 05:28 AM

Just practice it more. I suggest practice the fingerings 53 42 31 42 53 (not on the piano, just anywhere, eg on a table or on your leg) a few times per day, for a few weeks.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland wifi/bluetooth connections by Hendrik42 @ Today at 05:20 AM

It is my opinion that 3rd party apps like from JoyTunes will progress a lot faster than anything the DP vendors will provide. Its very simple economics: they get their money only from people who want to learn or which have children that learn. The
Jump to new posts Re: Roland wifi/bluetooth connections by lunobili @ Today at 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By pe2Dave Would you say the same even for a child learning at home? Summary? "Useful, but not there yet"? At least the potential is there - but your advice is noted. It still biasses me towards Roland though, with an ey
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by siros @ Today at 05:10 AM

Piano presets are programmed to use the triple pedal properly, so you don't need to change them. It is quite simple to change them to do other things though.
Adult Beginners Forum
We do have a thread that holds many links that are useful for new comers to our group. It is stickied at the top of this forum. Important Information for Adult Beginners
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II or Vienna Imperial on 432 Hz by rychubil @ Today at 04:17 AM

Yes, I am aware that all VSTs were sampled on 440Hz. Already I got information that tuning in Vienna Imperial is only possible between 436 and 444.99 Hz. BTW - Someone have more experience with Vienna Imperial, especially about dynamic and articulati
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by MRC @ Today at 04:16 AM

Great news: this looks like some serious competition for the AvantGrands. I'm very interested to learn more about the action. Is there a real escapement?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Partita #2 Caprice - Quite Difficult! by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 04:07 AM

I listened to both versions. But I must say I really liked the first one ... the clarity of the voices was very pure and beautiful. The second version seems rushed ... almost emotionless. As far as I know there is no way of ascertaining exa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "steel" frames? by Olek @ Today at 04:06 AM

Is not there a builder in USA that makes pianos with welded steel frames ? I did see a few videos, but the name escapes me. The tone seemed to be particular , that I did think it was due to the steel, but this may be psychological. The plate is co
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Beemer @ Today at 04:00 AM

Isaac, I'm only referring to the top right part "tuning" part of the image. I was expecting a single peak not the twin peak you see. I have many strings showing this type of wave and of course am concerned that my 1987 piano might need
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano purchasing approach, used or new? by Olek @ Today at 03:57 AM

Thomann : this is not how you buy a piano prepped, unless you can visit a show room, choose the piano, have it prepped then only give your agreement for it to be delivered. They are certainly honest, and accommodating. You really envisage piano sal
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Glissando question by Qazsedcft @ Today at 03:57 AM

That brings up an interesting question. How would a black-key glissando be notated? I read that a chromatic scale glissando is also possible. How would that be notated?
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ster100 Does every new visitor, beginner, every time ask the same questions? Every new visitor does ask the same questions and that's fine. Every veteran here goes, "I dunno. It's complicated. Here are some things to try.
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Olek @ Today at 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By GrandpianomanI was experimenting today, using an outboard mixer to power the mics and fed that into the Tascam digital recorder. Same mics and mic positions. As a result, the sound is better, possibly due in part to better quali
Page 5 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Haydn
by Parks
7 minutes 51 seconds ago
Scarlatti K380
by teachum
25 minutes 3 seconds ago
Looking for a sheet-music based course
by Rataridicta
Today at 01:55 PM
Comments welcomed.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
Today at 01:51 PM
Warm upright pianos?
by gus6464
Today at 01:24 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,625 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,672 Topics
2,441,925 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission