Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
144 registered (A Flat Minor, 3times2, accordeur, 34 invisible), 1512 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: POP Recital, Sign Up Thread by JimF @ Today at 08:44 AM

Sign Up List: The Beatles - Lady Madonna - Greener The Beatles - You Never Give Me Your Money - Greener Burt Bacharach - Close to You - Greener Elton John - Border Song - Greener Adams & Vallance - Summer of 69 - Richard (zrtf90) Paul McCartney
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Recording via line-in is not necessary these days, since for the last few years new DPs (except maybe some very cheap ones) have built-in WAV recorders, so you can record lossless audio direct to a thumb drive, then transfer the file to your computer
For around $2k you could get a Kawai VPC1, which is a great piano action for classical/big playing, plus piano software. The VPC1 does not contain any sounds on its own, it is designed to be used with software, which you can upgrade/switch as you wan
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Worst nightmares by Craig Hair @ Today at 08:35 AM

It must be Sterling season.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD64 - first impressions by Gretel @ Today at 08:35 AM

Yesterday I finally gave in to my GAS and bought a RD-64. Super happy so far. In order to answer my own question (in case other users are interested) and ramoore44's question: 1) Setting the D-Beam to "assign"-mode applies overdrive to the
Jump to new posts Re: Elton John concert...piano sound.... by toddy @ Today at 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By rnaple I couldn't believe all the old people. It was a hoard of old people. Well, he is only 18 months short of 70 years old himself: that's old. How was the music and Elton's voice? Despite the technical deficiencies, did he
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the beat in real music? by malkin @ Today at 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By currawongOriginally Posted By ArghhhOriginally Posted By currawongI find words help get the feel of compound metre - you know, "umpty tiddley umpty pom" sort of thing. What language are you speaking? A.A.Milne Reco
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin E - Restore or not? by violarules @ Today at 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By RicksterOriginally Posted By violarulesMy other slight dilemma is that there is a nice Baldwin L from the late '80's for sale near me as well, and they only want $10k for it, which is a pretty great price. Maybe I should just buy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Some more "How do you measure progress?" thoughts by BrianDX @ Today at 08:25 AM

I think when I was new at the ABF I posted something like this, but after two years of piano studies with an excellent teacher, I have slightly different views. Here is a very specific case. In a couple of months I should be moving into material tha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thierry Noir unique upright piano!! by Rickster @ Today at 08:25 AM

Well, you are certainly creative, and you have one-of-a-kind there! I applaud you for your originality! RIck
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by JimF @ Today at 08:24 AM

#26 is the 1960's pop song Hey There Lonely Girl which I found in the Early Rock'N'Roll Era Fakebook from Hal Leonard. Had a lot of fun working up a good sounding accompaniment to this blast from my teens. 1. Silent Night - have to look up source 2.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Students to Save Steinway. Great Story! by bkw58 @ Today at 08:23 AM

Video of the a portion of the event is now available here: http://www.katv.com/story/30127386/central-high-schools-oldest-artifact-restored
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Frame by Craig Hair @ Today at 08:22 AM

Philip, Looking at the A-frame style truk, the recess for the caster looks fairly deep. It may work fine for those ugly, giant, "clown-shoe" casters that have become so common, but I think ther may be interference with anything more traditi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by Albunea @ Today at 08:21 AM

I've found the calendar. Tomorrow at 10h the second round starts. Quote:Recitals will be held in three stages: 3–7 October – first stage (78 participants); 9–12 October – second stage (40 participants); 14–16 October – third stage (20 pa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin E - Restore or not? by Rickster @ Today at 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By violarulesMy other slight dilemma is that there is a nice Baldwin L from the late '80's for sale near me as well, and they only want $10k for it, which is a pretty great price. Maybe I should just buy the L outright rather than g
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Over The Rainbow by Riddler @ Today at 08:20 AM

Fascinating! Thanks for posting this. Ed
They still seem to do quite good business - Korg and Yamaha especially, amongst others. Small computers that are good enough to run music systems have been around for a long time now, but we still have hardware synths/ sequencers/ multi track & m
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin E - Restore or not? by violarules @ Today at 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By Dave BI would expect, with some work, this would be a very enjoyable piano. Have you inspected and played the piano yourself? No, I plan on possibly going out in the next few days to take a look at it and play it.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By RetsacnalBetween the Yamaha styled bench, and the grand piano styled lid, how could you go wrong? There is a particular used piano dealer in the Atlanta area who uses this tactic in most all of his ads. Weber piano & Stein
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Today at 08:12 AM

Hey Ralph; great to hear you are progressing along! It's all relative; two years ago I'd have been on the back of the train. The only important thing is: BE ON THE TRAIN!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin E - Restore or not? by violarules @ Today at 08:10 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTMany of the Baldwins from this era were very well made. They usually have flat-sawn maple for the bridge caps. Steinway and Mason&Hamlin used quarter-sawn maple. The quartered wood is more durable. In my exp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's A Beginner Is So Arbitary by BrianDX @ Today at 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By 8 Octaves... All is well, until in 2015, RCM has revised their classifications with this: Beginner - Levels Prep A and Prep B Elementary - Levels 1 and 2 Early Intermediate - Levels 3 and 4 Intermediate - Levels 5 and 6 Early Ad
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Negotiating" a New Piano Price by Rickster @ Today at 08:01 AM

A bit of my own personal piano shopping experience... early on, when I was shopping for a new piano, not knowing really what I wanted and confused as to all the different brands and sales-pitches that went along with them, I was visiting a rather lar
Adult Beginners Forum
Tried to learn a new piece for a whole week, was not getting it at all. Brought it to my lesson, and within 15 minutes with her instruction everything started to fall into place. Another example of how valuable a good teacher can be.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do Musical People Listen to a Lot of Music? by BrianDX @ Today at 07:57 AM

Originally Posted By chopin_r_usThose who aren't spontaneously making music all the time don't rate as 'musical'. With all due respect, utter nonsense.
Page 5 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Write musical scores on iPad (or Mac)?
by Eric NYC
6 minutes 37 seconds ago
Any reasons, other than cost, NOT to go for a hybrid?
by barbaram
Today at 11:23 AM
Are today's concert ppianists boring?
by Steve Chandler
Today at 10:45 AM
Site update
by mikka942
Today at 10:41 AM
Baldwin 243 - good buy for advanced pianist and student?
by Nicole_B
Today at 09:48 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,978 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,392 Topics
2,453,017 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission