Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (Albunea, ambrozy, AndyP, alans, 36251, accordeur, 24 invisible), 2089 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is your sheet music buying out of control? by Pianoperformance @ Today at 07:40 AM

Lol....I have to show my hub this thread..he thinks he has to buy storage unit for my music...I borrow from the library too. I am trying to get them digital now onto my iPad Pro, but I have a good collection even though I am only 4 year old piano st
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Questions about piano tuner job by Pianear @ Today at 07:39 AM

Hi, First of all, I apologize for all spelling mistakes, I'm not native English... I still hope you will understand me. Well. I'm musician and pianist since my childhood. Piano is my passion, and I really love this instrument, how this instrument i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How polished are your final playthroughs with you teacher? by Pianoperformance @ Today at 07:34 AM

Great advice/experiences here from both various levels of students and love the teachers are dropping in too. I am 4 year old piano student. For the first three years was just practicing pieces, learning loads of skills, it wasn't until earlier th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs. CA97 (and CA67) by MacMacMac @ Today at 07:29 AM

Don't wait. The next model will differ very little from the current model. And it will be more expensive.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where does all the music go? by peterws @ Today at 07:28 AM

I had a load o` the stuff in one house I bought. Yellowish with age, so much was there. But I don`t like clutter; nor does the missus. OUT it went! Much better getting nice new copies. . . . .it`s not the same getting downloads. But it`s a lot c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Steinway is dying." - Dealer by Tim P @ Today at 07:27 AM

Regarding the Spirio's intended market, The Bad Plus pianist Ethan Iverson stated this in a blog post: [Former Steinway CEO Michael] Sweeney explained to me: “A concert pianist will take two years with us picking out their B. It’s a once in a li
Piano Forum
since you've moved your post down here, took a few minutes to glance over what retail dealers in your area want for used pianos. apparently there's a chain called 'prosser' that has a pretty large inventory spread over a few stores from Tacoma to Se
Jump to new posts Re: The modern crop of digitals . . . by lophiomys @ Today at 07:16 AM

I think DPs today are not what they could be for a reasonable budget, given the available and affordable technologies. Old romplers are repackaged and offered over and over again. Exception: modeled digital pianos, but those sill sound a bit steril
Jump to new posts Re: The modern crop of digitals . . . by ando @ Today at 07:13 AM

I agree, they are sterile. But Pete, despite you campaigning for years that digital pianos don't need all the quirks of acoustic pianos, that's exactly why they are sterile! So, my approach to getting the sterility level down is to bring back as many
Jump to new posts Re: Getting there on the N2 by 36251 @ Today at 07:06 AM

Here's is me playing solo piano on my N2 playing All the things you are. I never work up an arrangement (it's so much easier to just turn on record and go - lol.) SoundCloud - All the Things I'm Not - lol
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Steinway is dying." - Dealer by ando @ Today at 07:05 AM

The thing is, who cares if they are going to die some day? If you are shopping for a piano today, you buy the one that you like the most and the the one with the best deal. If it's a Steinway you want and can afford, why wouldn't you buy it? It unlik
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs. CA97 (and CA67) by Bach2Black @ Today at 06:39 AM

Thanks to everyone for their input, a lot of useful thoughts ! Feels like I'm leaning towards the CS11 now, but going to check out the music positioning as that is relevant for me. Also I didn't think to try them with headphones, which although I as
Jump to new posts Re: PS-Re: MIDI ... on Roland HP504, HP506 and HP508 by Frédéric L @ Today at 06:26 AM

The discussion about SMF, MIDI implementation... deals only with what is exchanged (MIDI ON, NOTE OFF...), not how. With a USB type B, there are only few adapators (Kenton, iConnect). They exist, but need a USB Class Compliant device. I am not sure
Piano Forum
I posted this topic originally on FAQ section of the forum but am moving it to the general section of the forum as Dogperson suggested. Please excuse the double posts. I would delete the original one later. Thank you Dogperson! Hello everyone, Fi
Jump to new posts Re: The modern crop of digitals . . . by slobajudge @ Today at 06:20 AM

Lovely rain this morning, zzzzzzzzzz...
SMF files are MIDI files. SMF stands for Standard MIDI Format.
Adult Beginners Forum
Medved, plenty of teachers would be glad to give occasional lessons just like you have described. The weekly format doesn't work for everyone, and we all know that.
Adult Beginners Forum
Not anymore.....I think I've already purchased everything ever published🎶🎹🎶🎼😱
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does "tone deaf" mean to you? by hreichgott @ Today at 06:05 AM

Originally Posted By hello my name isMy idea of "tone deaf" on a colloquial level means someone who cannot carry a tune, such that everything sounds the same when they sing in a dreadful manner. For instance, if they were thinking of a son
Adult Beginners Forum
I really think if the student never experiences mastery with lesson pieces then the pieces are just too hard for the student at the time. If the music is in the right difficulty range for a student, the student will be able to learn and polish and ul
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Steinway is dying." - Dealer by Rich Galassini @ Today at 05:49 AM

There is a misconception here. There was no research and development on the Spirio. Wayne Stahnke, who had previously designed and sold retrofit player systems for himself and others (his latest system was the Performance Live LX) was bought out by
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which is the better piano? by Rich Galassini @ Today at 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By gnuboiThe Young Chang Prambergers were pretty nice. I agree, but for the benefit of the OP, this is not a Pramberger. It is not even close.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is your sheet music buying out of control? by SadieLady @ Today at 05:28 AM

I just bought three books yesterday from sheet music plus. I have VKgoeswild's Stairway to Heaven, but it hurts my wrist to try to play it, small hands. So I bought three different books that have the song to see if I could get one a little more sui
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When maturity and ability don't mesh by hreichgott @ Today at 05:24 AM

Hi JBarry, Don't worry, the ability to handle theory will come with time. There's a lot to be said for giving them a lot of data (pieces) first and then helping them understand theory later when the brain is a little more mature and ready for analyti
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where does all the music go? by SadieLady @ Today at 05:23 AM

Lol JoBert I was thinking the same thing. I have a lot of old sheet music that went from my grandma to mom to me. I can't get rid of it
Page 5 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Multiple sets of regulating buttons?
by jdevajames
Today at 03:38 PM
Late Beginner / Early Intermediate Jazz Standard Arrangement
by dmd
Today at 03:30 PM
Kurzweil Mark 10 - Looking for other users
by will7370
Today at 02:41 PM
Keep Jon Schmidt and his family in your thoughts today
by robinjoyy
Today at 02:06 PM
Dave Frank - live master class on Keith Jarrett 11/13 NYC
by Dfrankjazz
Today at 12:38 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,323 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,908 Topics
2,565,020 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission