Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
138 registered (ando, AngusOg, agraffe, alwatson, agent8698, 36 invisible), 2334 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: New Solo Piano Pieces by RubberFingers @ Today at 01:26 AM

Really enjoyed the Waltz, full of surprises. It's not generic music in the least -- original and clever. I also enjoyed the way you play it with plenty of rubato. It's great to hear original music not played by software.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on beginning to play with a metronome by susandenning @ Today at 01:18 AM

Thanks all. I will try it with something like scales first.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting Late Beethoven by RubberFingers @ Today at 01:18 AM

I also got very interesting in Op 109, 110, 111. I learned 111 entirely, my first sonata. Earlier I learned the fugue movement of Op 110. Anyway, there is lots of discussion I've seen about how you need to be old to learn these pieces, otherwise you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Liszt Grand piano (copy) by Maximillyan @ Today at 01:12 AM

Report of the famous Piano Wizard Golf McNulty and his new work, a copy of the personal piano of Franz Liszt - Boisselot 1846. Paul McNulty was chosen Klassik Stiftung Weimar to create a copy of a personal favorite piano by Franz Liszt Boisselot 1846
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: How far can technology go on digital piano by Gombessa @ Today at 12:32 AM

So, they're the spinets of the grand world?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique vintage grand piano found in the Karelian by Maximillyan @ Today at 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By David FarleyThanks for posting this. How well does a brass plate hold up? I do not think that the plate made nickel plated brass capable by their technical characteristics to be better iron
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to Live to Continue Teaching??? by Candywoman @ Today at 12:27 AM

You might consider still teaching from your Mom's place. Otherwise, getting an entire small older house can work. If you need to get a roommate to afford it, that is preferable to picking a basement suite of a house for instance. That way you can neg
Originally Posted By David Farley Typically workstation-type keyboards don't have a graded action, so the keys are equally weighted. I think Yamaha calls it Balanced Hammer. Kronos uses a graded action. People don't tend to rate the Korg action, bu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts New Keith Jarrett master class by Dfrankjazz @ Today at 12:10 AM

Hi fellow felt freaks, you may enjoy this recent master class recorded at Mezzrow in NYC on the music of Keith Jarrett. Topics include creating new melodies, the use of the LH thumb, rising and falling, playing the *ring*, and much more. Free. https
I've tested them all after selling my old gear as I needed an upgrade and chose the Kronos hands down. Really enjoy the Korg RH3 action. YMMV.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 6ths, 9ths, Rootless chords by john f @ Today at 12:07 AM

I noticed in the last two post, the use of the 5th tone was missing, not used, except for maybe one of the notes in the r.h. I have been trying to play using root and 5th in l.h. and it did not sound right?? I read somewhere to replace all triads wi
Adult Beginners Forum
One thing I've noticed is if I ask My students to play an A major scale or chord, their third finger will be on the C sharp, ready to play it. If I ask them to sight read something in A major, they start on all white keys and them have to remember to
Jump to new posts Re: Best acoustic piano feel - workstation or digital piano? by David Farley @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

The P255 has the same Graded Hammer action as the CP40, the less expensive version of the CP4. The CP4 has a more advanced 3-sensor action, which used to be called Graded Hammer 3, but is now called Natural Wood-Graded Hammer to account for the woode
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Concert Grand by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

The most important inquiry is the second. Regulation and voicing can probably make a big difference in the piano's sound and touch, but finding a good technician is what you should do first of all. Ask music stores, musicians, and music schools for r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Op 25 no 6 double thirds fingering ? by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

This one really depends on your hand, how it fits to the black keys and which fingers you feel more comfortable trilling with.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Good materials to after Faber/Alfred's Course One by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By orangeaidePiano Professional Series: The Foundations of Technique - Murray McLachlan Every student and techer ought to have a copy. I haven't heard of this one. Can you explain why this one is better than the other options?
Jump to new posts Best acoustic piano feel - workstation or digital piano? by Scott Simi Feldman @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Hi all - I've played my fair share of workstations and digital pianos. I know this is a personal preference area, but was wondering what people consider as the best (or one of the best) acoustic piano feel keybeds for classical pianists. Here are som
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts My New Concert Grand by Creative Piano Guy @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Hi everybody! I just took delivery of my new-to-me 9 foot 1988 Young Chang G275. While I realize Young Chang's are typically regarded as lower end, this one is really a beautiful piano. It looks really great for it's age (getting near 30 years) with
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Gary D. - thank you for your long posts. I do read them and often come back to reread them.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How To Get More People Interested In Playing Piano? by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Unfortunately, IMHO an often misunderstood/disregarded aspect of learning to play the piano is that if you work hard enough, it will be a source of joy and a wonderful means to express yourself for the rest of your life if you want to. Just like a gr
Jump to new posts Re: How far can technology go on digital piano by David Farley @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By polo1Originally Posted By FalschCompared to a 'real' grand (4+ foot), the GP607 is positively tiny at 3 foot 1 inch. A "real" grand at 4 ft.? The smallest "real" grand is a baby grand at +/- 5 ft. 3 inches,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: heavy action? by XenondiFluoride @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

good lord, did that fall off a truck after being rescued from a swamp? I must think up a pun.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Lessons Online by R0B @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

I am not experiencing that problem. I am on Win 10 with Skype version 7.31.0.104 Has your teacher got a new mic, which may be voice activated?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By keystring If you are an adult student reading the teacher forums, and you start getting nervous that your private teacher secretly resents you - go through that checklist and if it doesn't fit, he doesn't. You may be astonished
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuner's delight, or not by Bambers @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

Ah yes, treasure found on those lands still go to those properties though the ultimate beneficiaries in those cases are charities. That is only within those areas though, most of the UK is not in those. I should think the relevant people will get the
Page 5 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Finding a teacher.. ( and how to know if they are any good )
by Goss
01/16/17 10:39 AM
Piano or Synth.
by happyhacker
01/16/17 10:28 AM
Kawai MP8-II or VPC1?
by Mr Zaxels
01/16/17 05:33 AM
Yamaha DGX650
by CsR
01/16/17 03:06 AM
thoughts about a piano
by CsR
01/16/17 01:29 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,242 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,785 Topics
2,588,845 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission