Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues by kobethuy @ Today at 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By: noobpianist90Try syncopation. I try to syncopate block chords and broken chords in the left hand while improvising melodies in the right hand. It sounds really nice, but the rhythm is tricky. You can even come up with basic bass
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I have been deceived by PhilipInChina @ Today at 03:54 AM

I used to wash cars, as a teenager, to pay for my riding lessons. Then delivered newspapers. I wonder if the "Rotherham Record" still exists.
Yeah, I see,.. Sorry! ... but why is Duran Duran better then me?!
Hi guys, first it's a really nice Master Class about BEvans! Brilliant and better saying with a big awe! I am kind a beginner, though. Not so much in my head, but with my hands! Maybe someone could help me with finger tips for JazzHanon. I have just
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to begin? by earlofmar @ Today at 03:47 AM

You could look at method books such as the Alfred All In One Series or Fundamental Keys by Rachael Jimenez, both are well regarded in this forum. These are not expensive books and if a book can last you a year (four years in the case of Fundamental K
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: charleslangYou win. Only a sucker would prefer the Steinway recording. I was thinking the same thing. If I could just make my Nordiska 120 sound as good as that spinet!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Musically Mechanically by johan d @ Today at 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: keystringJohan, did anything I write make sense to you? Does it give you new ideas and insights? Yes, this awser did make sense, thanks for the tips
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: USD20000 for a grand piano. What are my choices? by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Amaranth My husband keeps worrying about the piano taking up too much space in the house. My neighbor has a Steinway M and it fits very nicely in her living room (think that's 5 ft 7?) I live in an apartment and we have a simil
Jump to new posts Re: For students - a lesson on how to hear beats easier by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 02:58 AM

Hi Jamie, With all due respect to Mr. Reblitz, I do not feel that his method is very accurate or easy to learn. Search PW for "skeleton" method. It relies on listening to the piano to try and determine if 7, 8, and 9, is appropriate. For
Composer's Lounge
Please take the opportunity to vote if you havn't done so. It's easy, just listen through the compositions listened below and/or read the score, pick what number you liked the most, and post it here. We close the voting on friday. #1 https://www.yo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: becoming a better composer- need input by larryz @ Today at 02:46 AM

I listened to "Waiting At The Rainbow Bridge". A very sweet piece, and well performed. I enjoyed listening to it. The piece lingers at the same place, really giving the sense we are waiting happily at the bridge
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Musically Mechanically by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: johan dEven if i have the exercise in my head as i want it to sound. It still need to get through my fingers and come out of the piano. Some time fingers press harder, sometimes the don' press at all, sometimes they press to lat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by piano_primo_1 @ Today at 02:43 AM

After listening to the many pieces I realize I certainly have to practice more and even more so, find a better way to record; the many recordings were very clean and clear 01. Jayden (Jayden Traynor) - To Zanarkand Crisp sound , emotional evo
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues by noobpianist90 @ Today at 02:18 AM

Try syncopation. I try to syncopate block chords and broken chords in the left hand while improvising melodies in the right hand. It sounds really nice, but the rhythm is tricky. You can even come up with basic bass riffs and then vary those using sy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to begin? by Mr.GMan @ Today at 02:05 AM

As a beginner, I found that saving a little money to buy good method books is reachable. I've ordered Alfred's Basic Adult Course Part 1 for about 7 euros on amazon, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I realized just yesterday that I was readi
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: BruceDLearning something and learning it well is an investment in one's character and intellectual development. When it comes to a skill such as playing a musical instrument, there are no shortcuts to learning. Don't repeat pl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by wouter79 @ Today at 02:02 AM

>Wouter, the problem you have with this literature is that you think it should be Chopin. That's a problem! If you're going to play Schumann, you have to think like him and his textures, and not like what you grew up with. It certainly does not s
Pianist Corner
Learning something and learning it well is an investment in one's character and intellectual development. When it comes to a skill such as playing a musical instrument, there are no shortcuts to learning. Don't repeat play through works mindlessly
Jump to new posts Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues by kobethuy @ Today at 02:00 AM

Hi, I have some issues with playing a piece in the manner of "jazz" (or something that sounds jazzy enough). So I've been studying/experimenting with 7th/9th/13th chords but have accomplished nothing beside playing block chords (either roo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues by kobethuy @ Today at 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesHi! You might want to post your question to the non-classical forum: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/35/1/Pianist_Corner_-_Non_Classical.html While there are definitely some here who can pro
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: trigalg693Originally Posted By: Roland The BeagleThe greater pianists are the ones who have their own distinct language and tone, to the point that you can tell who is who playing the same piece. Such an authentic language can
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: BruceDI find that there is validity in almost everything that has been posted, even some of the somewhat differing views. Each of us may well have a different learning style from that of another, so I don't think that any of the
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by BDB @ Today at 01:51 AM

Do you think that tuning is good?
Pianist Corner
Thanks for all the feedback Just to clarify, I don't listen to the piece I'm practicing "over and over again" to copy what I'm hearing. In fact, I have a hard time memorizing Bach's pieces (contrapuntal duh, much harder when you have mul
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to begin? by Michael Sayers @ Today at 01:45 AM

Piano lessons, even from time to time, might pay off. It can be thought of as an investment in yourself. You could do one and then another when you are ready and if the first one was helpful. Life has these sorts of repeat expenses . . . rent, hea
Page 5 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (ajames, aesop, accordeur, Anne'sson, 38 invisible), 1668 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75883 Members
42 Forums
156799 Topics
2304004 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Looking for an Android App....
by Ohio_Mark
08/20/14 09:17 AM
Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues
by kobethuy
08/20/14 02:00 AM
Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues
by kobethuy
08/20/14 01:33 AM
My Steinway M birth information.
by ciftwood
08/19/14 08:30 PM
Breathy tone
by JoelW
08/19/14 07:59 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission