Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
127 registered (Anita Potter, AnimistFvR, anamnesis, accordeur, ando, ankesh, 33 invisible), 1607 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
I wish you luck with your new piano although the sad fact is there are many neglected acoustics that people are convinced were once great and just need a tune or a little work. I have two pianos in my garage as a result of people giving them to me an
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CP4 vs Kawai MP6(MP7), ES7 by Skyscrapersax @ Today at 04:03 PM

Has anybody taken a photo of the Yamaha CP4 key mechanism? I'd like to compare it to the Kawai MP7, but I've not seen one posted online.
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft by VI Labs… First Look and Sound by Lance VI Labs @ Today at 03:55 PM

Hi Everyone, Yes VI Labs has launched a Black Friday sale that will extend through Monday December 1st. Ravenscroft 275 and True Keys single pianos are $50 off, and the True Keys suite is $100 off. And yes all piano libraries are now in FLAC format
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "It Don't mean A Thing (If it Ain't... by jazzyprof @ Today at 03:53 PM

She needs to take dance lessons. It will help her feel the pulse.
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI in on a Kawai VPC-1... by Frédéric L @ Today at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: MacMacMacToo bad. The MIDI thru would have solved the OP's issue.Originally Posted By: Frédéric L... the VPC1 has 2 MIDI ports : IN and OUT ... I don't think so : a MIDI Thru just echos MIDI events from MIDI IN... it would not
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by verqueue @ Today at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: CarlosCC45. verqueue - Beethoven - Piano Sonata no. 8 op. 13 "Pathetique" II. Adagio cantabile - Disclaimer: I feel a little bit embarrassed commenting your piece just because I've been reading your comments on others
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Bass strings generally last about 20 years. For cost, contact your string supplier.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A piano is a "value proposition". by Piano*Dad @ Today at 03:43 PM

I like the reference to "key" stakeholders! Nary a hint of a fallboard in that overhead shot. A missing product placement opportunity!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Polyphonist @ Today at 03:37 PM

Cannot play today due to being on vacation and not having access to an instrument.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts So when someone offers you a free piano you........ by Dennis R in WA @ Today at 03:29 PM

Well, if your me, out of work the last three years and just beginning piano lessons, you jump on it. Yesterday during our Thanksgiving day fun I was offered a free piano. The couple that lives across the street from my mother knows another couple w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "It Don't mean A Thing (If it Ain't... by prout @ Today at 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: cefinowThat sounds terrible. Poor lady. Playing piano without having a basic sense of rhythm seems tantamount to walking with vertigo. It would be a constant struggle to orient-reorient yourself in relation to your surroundings,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason Hamlin AA Vs Schimmel Classic C189 by terminaldegree @ Today at 03:23 PM

These are both potentially VERY nice pianos and are considered fairly closely matched in performance potential. They will sound and feel different - even if you don't play, you can ask for someone to demonstrate the piano for you. I find I like the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason Hamlin AA Vs Schimmel Classic C189 by wimpiano @ Today at 03:22 PM

Quality wise they're both top notch. The idea that Schimmel and Mason and Hamlin have of sound is very very different though. I won't try to describe them because 1. My experience with M&H is very limited and 2. I could influence your decision
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by torquenale @ Today at 03:18 PM

21. outo - Keyboard Sonata d minor K9 I am a Scarlatti fan, and this sonata is very nice. Yes, somewhere you don't play perfectly but you give the right feeling of the piece! Your choice of tempo and articulation is very good. Bravo! 22. Daren - Pav
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by JimF @ Today at 03:18 PM

34. joangolfing - Funeral March I liked it. You made the alternating pp and ff sound easy, but I’m guessing it is not. A nice tribute to your teacher. 35. CarlosCC - Sky Another beautiful composition from Carlos…with your usual sensitive musicality
Jump to new posts Re: Some observations about digital piano by login @ Today at 03:15 PM

DP evolved fast in the 15 years maybe, but then it's getting slower. Roland is the only one pushing modeling on hardware, maybe if the others catch up and make hybrid engines there would be an step up.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: LarryShoneAnyone got a piano version of Chestnuts roasting on an open fire? There's a cool jazzy tv commercial featuring Joolz Holland on the ivories. There's at least one in my collection. PM with your email for the link to my
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Technique for embellishments (1-5-3 roll) by DeadPoets @ Today at 03:09 PM

When I'm doing half rolls (1-5-3) legato in left hand I'm trying to make sure I'm not "twisting" (ulnar deviation). Any videos on this? Here is a lady playing Moon River. And the 2 specific rolls in this video I have a bit of difficulty w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you play the piano 'for relaxation'? by JoelW @ Today at 03:09 PM

Playing music is not relaxing.
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Sound Module for iPad by login @ Today at 03:06 PM

If you wanna use the iPad to me it's pretty fair. You get a sampled piano in theory superior to all sample based DP.
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Sound Module for iPad by Digitalguy @ Today at 03:06 PM

It seems to be compatible only with Ios 8. I am hesitant, as some other apps that I have on my ipad air do not support ios 8 (like igrand) and I would like to keep them... Has anybody tried if it works on Ios 7 (even if it says it doesn't...)?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Grotrian 6'3" v. Steinway B by wimpiano @ Today at 03:05 PM

Nice picture. Love the book!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wanted to give jazz a chance, reverting back to classical by findingnemo2010 @ Today at 03:05 PM

I would start with classical and work your way up to jazz seeing that it is a much later art form circa beginning of the 20th century. Learning classical helps you play many different genres.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Technique for holding down chords by DeadPoets @ Today at 03:04 PM

This website is great - thanks for all your help! it is helping Today I played the beginning of Moon River (at a slow tempo) and really focused on technique and not tensing up. I can definitely notice the difference. Thumbs up to responses!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Thanksgiving by gooddog @ Today at 02:59 PM

@Mark. Glad it worked out. Thank you for mentioning it. I haven't touched the stuff in a long, long time and I feel much better for it.
Page 5 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29 >
What's Hot!!

Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Please help me to find out the pattern of this Cdim7
by SZ54
17 minutes 36 seconds ago
3 sensors per key vs 4?
by AnimistFvR
34 minutes 31 seconds ago
Request For The Pursuit Of Knowledge
by Louis Podesta
Today at 07:09 PM
Kawai K500 or Seiler ED126
by Mizar
Today at 07:03 PM
3 sensors per key vs 4?
by AnimistFvR
Today at 06:58 PM
Forum Stats
77081 Members
42 Forums
159431 Topics
2341967 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission