Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (ADWyatt, augustm, Bambers, anamnesis, 32 invisible), 1919 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
"we decided to create this instrument with the least possible room reflexions or even reverb" - that certainly gets my approval. Their first demo is dry (or nearly) which takes some nerve, very few libraries dare to show their face withou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The One Month to Russian Recital thread by peterws @ Today at 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By chopinoholicThe 'open for submissions' should be today. I hope outo has some time today to start up the recital! Yep, later today... Drum Roll . . . . . .
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The One Month to Russian Recital thread by outo @ Today at 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By chopinoholicThe 'open for submissions' should be today. I hope outo has some time today to start up the recital! Yep, later today...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The One Month to Russian Recital thread by chopinoholic @ Today at 02:05 AM

The 'open for submissions' should be today. I hope outo has some time today to start up the recital! So not hours, but 15 days until the recital goes live.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hallet Davis by huaidongxi @ Today at 01:54 AM

Tbell, the chinese piano factories are producing in the hundreds of thousands now with the increasing affluence of their domestic market plus the export trade. some of the factories are controlled by non-chinese companies including korean and german
I have seen a number of requests for this so thought I'd offer my services. I am (was) an electrical engineer and working rock and roll KB player until spine surgery recently forced me into early retirement and now, looking for something I can do tha
Jump to new posts Re: Used LX15e or new LX17 by JoeT @ Today at 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By GrandpantsWould you buy a, said to be 6 mos. used, used LX15e for $3,150 No. $1000 maybe.
Jump to new posts Re: Used LX15e or new LX17 by Grandpants @ Today at 01:34 AM

Simply and quickly put. Would you buy a, said to be 6 mos. used, used LX15e for $3,150 or would you go the $5000 for a new LX17.
Originally Posted By MacMacMacYes, at $280 it's twice what I'd be willing to pay. Indeed. That's a great offer for people who know how to make money with that. But just for casual piano as a hobby that's too much.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Group Lessons (Yamaha) Vs Private Lesson by fofig @ Today at 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By Peter K. MoseAt your daughter's age, I would keep her in a Yamaha group experience for another year. Or switch to another group endeavor, like Orff or Kodaly or eurhythmics classes. Or do both. Or speak to the Yamaha school admin
Adult Beginners Forum
Quick tip.... When you connect your MIDI interface to your piano, be sure to connect the plug marked 'In' to the MIDI port marked 'Out', and the plug marked 'Out' to the MIDI port marked 'In' It may seem illogical to you, but that's how it works. M
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A possible cause to the stiff action by pianoforte365 @ Today at 12:53 AM

Hi James, I send you a message, please check it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A possible cause to the stiff action by James Guo @ Today at 12:47 AM

Thank you for your response! Would liquid lubricant actually make the keys stick?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hallet Davis by TBell @ Today at 12:31 AM

I have a HD G186A. I think it was made in Dongbei in 2011, so it may be an apples to oranges comparison to the 170. Overall I'm pleased with my purchase and haven't had any problems with it. I played a bunch of pianos, both used and new, before buyin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A possible cause to the stiff action by TBell @ Today at 12:18 AM

Yes you should be able to lubricate your piano. Go watch some youtube videos to see if you are comfortable first. Howard Pianos has some DYI videos at http://howardpianoindustries.com/informational-video-pages/. If you choose to do it, be careful ab
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Federal Trade Commission Targets Piano Teachers! by terminaldegree @ Today at 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPT This is so Teachers are secure in knowing other teachers will not try to "Poach" students at auditions and recitals. This is needed to make the organization work! I believe MTNA had verbiage about not
Originally Posted By prout So, if your DP has a low enough output impedance, it can easily drive most headphones. This is not true at all. Just because a DP may have a low output impedance in no way guarantees that it will be able to drive most phon
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help identifying / finding Steinway replacement part by Dale Fox @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

009056 NOSE BOLT NUT - LARGE (ACORN CAP NUTS) EA $11 009153 NOSE BOLT NUT - SMALL (ACORN CAP NUTS) EA $10 Try contacting Steinway's parts department. These are 2013 prices. Phone: 718-204-3150 FAX: 718-267-3415 Email address: Parts@steinway.com FA
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How does Synthesia work? Can someone help me out? by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

Well, I didn't want to make you cry. It's just that when you have a new teacher, I'd like you to have the best chance possible. I suppose there is nothing wrong with experimenting and exploring.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Help identifying / finding Steinway replacement part by jj1807 @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

I am trying to identify the name of this part - basically a nut on the nose bolt. It seems like a new replacement should be available to purchase (this photo is not my piano) but I cannot find one.
Jump to new posts Re: C. Bechstein Digital Grand software instrument to come by sullivang @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

Web site is up!: https://www.bechstein-digital.com/en/ Greg.
Jump to new posts Re: C. Bechstein Digital Grand software instrument to come by sullivang @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

The price is ok with me if it's good, and it does sound good so far. Mind you, it would be another toy that I don't deserve. Greg.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Poème symphonique "le matin" by Francoisfj @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

I have changed the audio file, the previous one was far too unclear
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on a score of trios (for piano 6 hands) by Laurie R. @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

WOOHOOO...TRIOS!!! Great!!! Nikolas, I absolutely loved the duet book!! Many of my students have worked in this and we've had/are having a great time! I'm a huge believer in duets with students. But hey, THREE is even better!!! Can't wait to try the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How does Synthesia work? Can someone help me out? by Cutestpuppie @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Your comment made me cry a little. I just want to test out synthesia to be honest and I do ask questions to my teacher. She is very kind and always answer whatever needs answering. Like I said I want to use synthesia in my spare time. For example if
Page 5 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
61 key keyboard just for fun
by dat77
10/01/16 10:54 AM
The New Fall 2016 Edition of Acoustic &Piano Buyer is Online
by Steve Cohen
10/01/16 10:42 AM
Russian Themed Recital 2016 - Call for Submissions!
by outo
10/01/16 07:46 AM
Anyone with a late US Duo Art grand piano? Need help.
by berntd
10/01/16 06:16 AM
Help identifying / finding Steinway replacement part
by jj1807
09/30/16 11:20 PM
Forum Stats
85,133 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,460 Topics
2,559,491 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission