Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
153 registered (36251, accordeur, agraffe, 8ude, acortot, ajames, 41 invisible), 1719 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Three of my original ragtime pieces... by Larry G. Alexander @ Today at 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By Stephen_DoonanThank you Larry for your comment about one of my pieces. I suppose I should post a brief self-introduction topic in the composers' forum. Visiting your website made me miss (as I often do) the Piney Woods of east T
Piano Forum
No doubt you got a great deal, shirlkirsten. In fact, from what I've read, Steinways go for about $1K per foot as core-for-rebuilds. So, the fact that you got your 6'2" Steinway A for $6k, and it is in nice, playable condition, you did great!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Three of my original ragtime pieces... by Larry G. Alexander @ Today at 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By HrodulfNo offense intended; my impression was based on the three pieces you posted, three a-b-a which to my ear were relatively undifferentiated. Disregard what I wrote if it isn't useful. No offense taken. Thanks for your in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by Rickster @ Today at 08:14 AM

Thanks, Cheryl, for your input and tolerance. Ken Knapp has already locked the thread once, and then reopened it when he learned there was more relevant information to be learned. The moderators here are outstanding, and understanding; I don't think
Piano Forum
I think that BDB has it. It looks like an early A. No duplexing in the rear section, and the beams converge toward the nose rather than the belly rail; both design elements that evolved quickly away from this form. There also seem to be a lot of le
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance with reading structure by zrtf90 @ Today at 08:12 AM

The second skips the repeat so in this case yes. Repeats are generally not made in a DS movement but if they were the prima would be marked 1,3 otherwise it's 'first time only'.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Vince, you have some conceptual errors on the reasoning. Simplifying it the acceleration of an object depends on its speed history. If two keys have the same speed history they have the same acceleration, so their hammers, assuming the key and hamme
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By INBoston From an outside perspective, certain individuals on this board however (and I am not referring to you so you must know) seem bitter. Not only towards adult students but students in general. W
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By casinitaly ...Yes, my teacher has an opinion. He thinks that digitals are not pianos and doesn't remotely encourage abandoning the acoustic. (No surprise really I think that's why I talked to him about it ) Maybe this is yo
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By ajealesHa! Indeed! 3. Having retired, it is perhaps natural that his expertise is based on how things were a few years ago, not necessarily taking account of changes in culture, educational approach or developments in our unders
Adult Beginners Forum
The last 4 or 5 days. I've been starting each practise session with Hanon exercises, and then gone on to practise Bach C minor prelude. For Hanon I am working on getting the first 6 exercises up to 108 bpm (the book says they should be played from 6
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Great concert last night on the restored 1859 Érard London by pianist Dang Thai Son Paul.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts 1859 Érard by pyropaul @ Today at 07:23 AM

1859 Érard in Bourgie Hall, Montreal.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: a Finale stem length issue by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 07:23 AM

I'm amazed that this never occurred to me before. Surely with a background in digital graphics, I should have noticed it. But I didn't. So I just checked with MuseScore and you are absolutely correct, Johan ... those note stems follow your formu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance with reading structure by tbonesays @ Today at 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90 6-14: the Segno to the "to Coda", (the Coda is the sign over bar 34) In the Del Segno do you play only the 2nd ending?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 145 progression by johan d @ Today at 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90There isn't a generic best way of learning this stuff... Thanks, I guess that I need an extra hour a week for learning all the music theory stuff. Both teachers told me that it brings more worries to the mind if one goes to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 145 progression by zrtf90 @ Today at 07:00 AM

There's nothing wrong with asking questions in the forum. There isn't a generic best way of learning this stuff because the best way for individuals is learning what THEY need RIGHT NOW. There's not much better than an interactive forum for doing tha
Piano Forum
Hello! I'm new here too so I'm singularly unqualified to advise you but like you I've also been on the hunt for a new piano and have seen quite a few older Kawai and Yamaha. In fact those are the 2 most common makes here and the U3 is particularly ab
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Advice on silent piano: Schimmel SG2 or Yamaha SH? by Amsterdampianist @ Today at 06:51 AM

Hello piano lovers, I am a girl from Amsterdam and currently in the market for an upright silent piano. My main options are: 1. Schimmel I 123T TT (SG2 silent system) I really love the sound and feel of this piano. The reliability (and resale val
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Note Learning Games--Apps (recommendations wanted) by joangolfing @ Today at 06:49 AM

ok, Yousician, Flashnote Derby, Staff Wars. I'll see what they do. Thanks for the suggestions, Rebecca. This has been a valuable thread.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 145 progression by dmd @ Today at 06:30 AM

Originally Posted By johan dI do have a teacher. Well, then ... please .... Bring these questions to your teacher and allow her/him to bring this information to you in an organized approach. Getting bits and pieces here and there is not the best m
Piano Forum
Thank you!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by WilliamTruitt @ Today at 05:56 AM

To Ed's point, BDB, what have you done that "counts"? Your ad hominem remarks to those with whom you disagree serve only to show your lack of depth and understanding of the material, and a consistent unwillingness to challenge your own bel
I don't understand "why the mass is being ignored?". The mass for a given key/hammer is a constant. No need to measure it.
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by Celdor @ Today at 05:53 AM

Just to confirm, I watched a youtube video and the guy has stated if this is ground loop noise, it doesn't depend on volume. The noise I have from DP speakers depends on volume! Do you think ground loop noise eliminator/isolator would still work here
Page 5 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Introduction! Hello!
by Jen Weir
02/11/16 02:01 PM
I did it! Bought a Yamaha N2 and LOVE it!
by Avantkey
02/11/16 01:22 PM
I don't know what to play?!?!?!
by Eliturbo
02/11/16 12:24 PM
Advice on silent piano: Schimmel SG2 or Yamaha SH?
by Amsterdampianist
02/11/16 06:51 AM
Assistance with reading structure
by imustlearn
02/11/16 03:49 AM
Forum Stats
82,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,409 Topics
2,494,315 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission