Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
134 registered (Alan Tripp, Al LaPorte, 36251, Adrien, Alan F, 255, 33 invisible), 1328 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by MarieJ @ Today at 12:13 AM

I've just discovered Elodie Sablier. Here's something special ...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College audition pieces? by hreichgott @ Today at 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By Christoaster12I was mostly concerned that many of my pieces are short You'll only get to play 45 seconds of everything anyway so never mind the length! With those schools, you'd better be ready to knock every piece out of the pa
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meeting with prospective parent/students by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Teach him chopsticks! Seriously. Every now and then, with a student who seems to be having trouble finding himself or herself, I see if they know some of the crazy little ditties. Heart and soul is another. After we have a good laugh, they seem t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Difference between Kawai ATX-f and Yamaha Transacoustic by OdinThePianoGod @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

Great Johan. That's exactly on the lines of what I was seeking. I think Yamaha has great transducer technology too. I was wondering why Kawai has this Transducer feature in its acoustic pianos and does absolutely no marketing for them (ATX-F system).
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By mark h.This is my first post. I am a piano teacher. I wanted to comment on the competition and Fei Fei Dong. I followed closely the Chopin 2010 competition and Cliburn 2013 competition. I was impressed some of Fei Fei Dong's p
Pianist Corner
There are a number of pianists who have recorded the complete piano works of this or that composer. It's not just the few greatest giants of piano like Horowitz and Ashkenazy. Inna Poroshina with Dvorak and Marylene Dosse with Saint-Saens occur to me
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Groove On @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By Mario2015Groove On what do you mean by teaching by repertoire and that the teacher would focus on musicality, interpretation and guidance (over and above what Faber books do)? He has more of a musician's approach, we go through p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin 2015 Prelimary round winners video links by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Thank you.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: which midi controller is same action as Nord Stage? by Dewdman42 @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

OH yea. I have now a Jupiter 80, Triton Pro and Yamaha S90. The S90 is close. Not quite as responsive as the Nord HA88, but getting close to what I'm looking for in terms of feeling less weighted then say my Kawai MP-90000. The Triton is fine sem
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Malcolm Love by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Getting bit by a vampire!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Free sheet music? by PamDD @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

I'm looking for free sheet music like Rogers and Hammerstein, but I'm coming up empty. Either the sheet music has been removed due to copyright issues, or the websites are hard to navigate. Are there really totally free sites with a large selection
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Music name by scmay @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

thanks very much
Jump to new posts Re: Malcolm Love by lavadisco @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

What causes a piano to enter its "twilight" years?
Piano Teachers Forum
Hasn't this thread about gone over? Brian, your point about discrimination is interesting, but I agree with those who have presented arguments against it. My understanding is that age is only a protected class over age 40 and anyway it doesn't appl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ehrbar baby grand by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

The piano was made about 1968. It should present no problems for most technicians.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Farewell by DameMyra @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_CSandalholme, I echo what Pover said -- and, by the way, what Pianoloverus said is important too: You may have misunderstood the intent on the other thread. I very much hope you'll decide to stay. Your posts are among the o
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: BEST FOR CARRYING AROUND? by Woodstockz @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

I learned in a classroom full of beige Wurlitzer 206s back in the 70's, so 64 keys is not foreign to me. I don't like the module on the left. I think that Roland should have made it narrower, or given it a few more keys. Most reviewers have said the
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on selling my piano (repeat post) by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

I would speak to and get approval from the lender beforehand.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Thanks, everyone. Quote:Your audience will be comfortable! Just don't put them to sleep! Quote:Wonderful! Are you calling it your boudoir piano? Quote:from bed to piano......very efficient Quote:And with the bedroom location you are sure to hav
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Seiler ED 186 by Almaviva @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

The Ed. Seiler ED-186 and Boston GP-193 are roughly the same size, and both are ranked in the "Intermediate-Grade" category in "Piano Buyer". Play both of them, and buy the one whose touch, tone, price, warranty, dealer service,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kawai RX-7 BLAK or????? by kneman1 @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum and this will be my first post. Please let me know give some backstory. I am currently 36 years old and played piano from age 7 to 18 years old consistently mainly classical. From 18 until now I really haven't
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano light / lamp recs by Zerlina @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaFor a grand or an upright? It's for an upright. Thanks for your recommendation!
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a Steinway art case? by Eric Gloo @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By Ed FooteHi Eric, That is a "Mediterranean" case. I have a customer, a long term Steinway Artist, that has one. Regards, Any idea as to when these began and ended production? The 2 I know of have serial numbers 8
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Spinet Regulation by rXd @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

I note the OP has qualifications so I will skip the more obvious suggestions but I remember some similar symptoms being produced by the abstracts on an otherwise decently regulated spinet being out of line or curved. It might be worth checking them
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Meeting with prospective parent/students by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

I am going to meet prospective students in a couple days, and would like your feedback on what I should do during the interview in this specific case. Part of the lesson request included this line: "My 8 yr old daughter is keen but my 10 yr old
Page 5 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Simple Music
by Rogerx
04/28/15 08:24 AM
Jazz and Latin transcriptions
by Adrien
04/28/15 07:53 AM
My CA97 has arrived - issue?
by tabber
04/28/15 07:48 AM
Pearl River upright
by PhilipInChina
04/28/15 06:38 AM
Eisteddfod in 4 days... I think I have RSI
by AtomicBond
04/28/15 06:09 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,075 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,611 Topics
2,400,601 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission