Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
107 registered (AndreasKG, A Guy, Anita Potter, Anne'sson, 25 invisible), 1132 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by alfredo capurso @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By WithindaleOriginally Posted By alfredo capursoHi Ian, It won't be difficult for you to enhance your beat perception for some intervals, especially if you can be helped by someone that tells you what to listen to. Sometimes it is
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Opinions on Kawai KDP90? by mnh @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

We are looking for a digital piano for my father and we are currently considering the Kawai KDP90. We are looking for a piano that is maximum $1300 and probably more like $1000, with the emphasis on good piano sound and feel. Extra bells and whistles
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by BusyWait @ Yesterday at 04:51 PM

dewster, those are renders using the full version of the Addictive VSTi. I got the virtual instruments really as a reference to understand how good the Roland sound is - sometimes the Roland SuperNatural piano sounded a little uncanny to me, or metal
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Lever System by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 04:47 PM

yup seeker... stability-wise, being the pianist you tune for, you have the advantage of getting brutally honest feedback, in real-time, daily. Lots of techs don't get the benefit of that real-time feedback.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving on from mistakes. by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

It's like learning tight rope walking (not that I actually do that): At first, you fall into the net the instant you make any mistake at all. Then you get wobbly and take some time to recover from a mistake. Eventually you can walk the rope like i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Obsession by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By bennevis.....I'm obsessed with this pianist - just listen to his stupendously stupendous technique, and his lovely voice. Why, he can even explain the music and play a virtuoso song, all at the same time!! I luuuurve him!!!!
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by Piano RX @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

[/quote] They look nice. Wonder when they will be available in the USA. [/quote] I spoke with Kawai USA last week and they told me that both the 67's and 97's should start showing up in dealer showrooms by mid to late March but there is a caveat t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

While it is possible that practicing a piano with a very heavy action might improve finger strength(Serkin supposedly always practiced with the lid closed and made his students do the same), it is not true that practicing on such a piano will allow a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Burnside Piano @ Yesterday at 04:35 PM

In spite of the piano having been maintained, I can see a few possibilities in your description. 1. You state that the hammers have been replaced, but are you certain the shanks and flanges are new as well? If not, the flanges are most likely gumme
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Keith D Kerman @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

This is a fairly complicated subject but a Steinway L with a 68 gram downweight is wrong. As Ed pointed out, a likely culprit is incorrect Steinway factory action parts with the wrong geometry and/or weight. It is likely that the piano has the orig
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by dewster @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

BusyWait, did you run the full or demo version of Addictive Keys through the DPBSD? It doesn't seem to be looped but it is clearly stretched, which is kind of weird. I'm guessing the full version, as XLN says the demo is limited to 4 octaves. Typi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Burn out and joy by carlos88 @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

In general, I've been burned out on activities from a combination of outside pressure and of forgetting that you're permitted to enjoy the activity. Racing (running related) was my big burnout. I used to race 20+ times a year, ran a 1:10 half marath
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

If the touchweight after 4 or 5 hours of regulation work is 65-75 g, then there's something else wrong here involving the parts themselves. I would not find that an acceptable solution for the 3-5 hour practice days I have when preparing recitals.
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about dynamic range by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By dewsterOriginally Posted By bjorn of brekkukotI use Pianoteq, and I set my dynamic range to around 50 db, but I wonder: do headphones slightly compress the sound? Should the dynamic range be different, depending on whether you're
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by Galuwen @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Woot they are coming...first one arrived here in Germany at www.music-bauer.com What an instrument :-). Alexander
Jump to new posts Re: Why not a worm drive to tension strings? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By TunewerkThat's a good question.. Some say the piano is meant to go out of tune, and the ability of strings on pins to give, along with the crown of the soundboard is supposed to maintain downbearing in the system over time. As
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By griffin2417Carlos, thank you for your kind remarks about Clair de Lune, I'm glad I did present it. I now feel free to take some more time with it. Stay tuned! I really enjoyed your performance of Fairytale. I'm interested
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by Rerun @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

Yep, I beg to differ too ... a banjo helped pay for this one-of-a-kind houseboat. I'd guess Bluegrass is probably more popular over here than boogie woogie or classical: https://www.youtube.com/embed/-RaFApVP0zU
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Valencia @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

I'm counting my Schumann pieces and I started one of them in 2014. I will also count any pieces I started in other years but focused on this year to improve. For example after the Schumann recital, I'm going to pick up Mysterious Barricades again bec
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Fang @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

Thanks all. As far as I remember, the technician showed me the action part and explained to me why it is in the good/excellent shape/response? I do not know much about the touchweight until I got home and searching. I will ask the technician to c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

BSW my teacher is the same way. I will pass a song after working on it for a week and then she will add some interpretation that she wants me to perform and I'll be "stuck" working on it for another week. Its fun though, some of the things
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by dewster @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

Thanks to BusyWait we have a DPBSD MP3 of the Roland DP401R! BusyWait has this to say: Quote:The Roland DP401R has 3 "SuperNatural" piano sounds amongst the hundreds of different tones it can produce. These recordings were made with Piano
Jump to new posts Re: Restringing an old piano, little help? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

The tools alone and the additional parts that will be necessary afterward (dampers etc.) when one realizes how worn out they are, will quickly run in to what it would cost for a professional. Stringing a piano is not as easy as putting piano wire on
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Share your favorite/most useful practice tools! by Pover @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

Hey guys. I know most of you are advanced players, and that you're well beyond the point where you need to worry about which methods to use to perfect certain passages, but I thought I'd start this thread in the hopes of getting a lot of information
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by MRC @ Yesterday at 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiOften, someone who selects a university recital hall piano will choose one with a heavy action, again to "develop the fingers.". I think this idea is outdated. I'd go into the details some other time, but suf
Page 5 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A real harpsichord keyboard with midi: advice needed!
by David_in_Japan
11 minutes 57 seconds ago
Anyone tried learning an entire set of pieces? Any tips?
by ChopinLives81
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Is this a good way to teach theory?
by PamDD
Yesterday at 10:09 PM
things to look into a new teacher
by Jvmvidela
Yesterday at 09:14 PM
String Covers and Volume reduction
by chickenlump
Yesterday at 08:28 PM
Forum Stats
78,377 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,010 Topics
2,378,943 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission