Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
97 registered (augustm, BachToTheFuture, accordeur, 27 invisible), 1550 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B3 or U1 by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 12:26 PM

In that price range I would broaden my search. There are a lot of pianos out there in your price range including some that you might like better.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization and Preparation by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By Sam SOriginally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By Sam SMy teacher had me do an interesting exercise a few months ago. She gave me an easy piece from one of the method books - all chords and arpeggios. I was to memorize it
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Preparing to record, with lots of questions by Stephano @ Yesterday at 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By emeneltonActually was wondering, if you were as you said not liking the low levels of some recordings you listen to on-line, why you finalized the recording I listened to at over 3db's down. If I remember correctly, I tried to no
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Grand Hybrid Series by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 11:43 AM

Hi, there is a 20 page thread running on this topic. If you are up to sifting through the junk, you should find some useful information. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2469546/1.html
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some help in choosing a piano by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 11:36 AM

Yamaha's production of pianos does go back about 100 years, but production was small and not exported to US and Europe for many years. Production ramped up rapidly after WWII and exponentially in the late 60's when they started exporting seriously t
Jump to new posts Re: Transitioning to digital by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By NickeldomeOriginally Posted By toddyNickeldome, thank you. I think I can understand your not liking threads going off in divergent directions. It certainly can be annoying. But what are the reasons for not liking it? Maybe these:
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: fingerings for this walking bass line? by indigo_dave @ Yesterday at 11:31 AM

In the case of the left handed pattern in the original post, for keys like Eb or Bb (Eb G Bb C Db OR Bb D F G Ab) I would finger them 5-3-2-1-2 with the 2nd finger crossing over the thumb. I personally wouldn't bother with the key of Gb, but t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By TimR Most children in school, in the early years at least, learn because they are motivated to please the teacher. Some children have little social awareness and that concept is meaningless. They learn out of a pure desire to l
Jump to new posts Casio Grand Hybrid Series by JohnnyReb @ Yesterday at 11:14 AM

Casio has the GP 300 and GP 500 with their action/sound being made in conjunction with Bechstein (uber cool!) What I really liked about these is the action mimicking a grand (minus escapement...which Bechstein apparently did to make the repetitions
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thanks for Recommending the Chicago "Big Box" Uprights! by Blues beater @ Yesterday at 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By MusicdudeOriginally Posted By Blues beaterOriginally Posted By MusicdudeOriginally Posted By adamp88 Quote:I will likely juice the hammers tonight, with 7:1 lacquer thinner, on the bichords especially, which are still too dull.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Motif XF8 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By RallyOriginally Posted By JerryHooperSince that time, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing the Motif but, unfortunately, have made very little progress into understanding what it will do and, then, getting it to do it. Also, I'm prep
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Motif XF8 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddOk, so you need acoustic piano sounds, electric piano sounds, an occasional organ patch, a few synth tones, maybe some strings and brass in a lightweight package with easy patch recall. I'd suggest Casio PX-5S Yamaha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

And I'm back! I am getting back on track after the European Piano Party. I've started several intermediate pieces and I also picked up some easier stuff. I am now at 31 - I will try to record something next week. 1. W. Gillock, Dragon Fly (RCM Etude
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Mercury's Fazioli - Sample library by Wavesfactory @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

https://soundcloud.com/wavesfactory/mercury-rachmaninov Rachmaninov played on Mercury. All microphone positions at 0dB, 4 round robin and HQ mode on. No effects, completely raw. Download the file from soundcloud for better audio quality. * Any co
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some help in choosing a piano by Man @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By wouter79 Seiler is a well known german top brand that has been around a long time (160 years actually). This is a lot longer than Yamaha (about 70 years, FAIK they started pianos after WW2). But IMHO you shouldn't focus on this y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by coaster @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By VidHere's a nice follow up: http://www.newsadvance.com/lifestyles/fo...023b52e06a.html I've heard Larry sing, he's very good! Very nice! I'm pretty sure I saw a video of the singing duet on Faceboo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by michaelvi @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

Unfortunately I have go to the "Back on the Wagon list" for last 3 days - July 19th, 20th and 21th. The "sad story" is too late coming home (due to a situation at work)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good piano, and a good deal Baldwin Baby G by ebonykawai @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By Lee AnnI have been trying to find out more online on the Classic series, and I have found very little. I'm not trying to discourage you from buying it, but you should be fully informed about that particular series, if you d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help With Hand Position by keystring @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

I found these two videos yesterday, and found them very useful for myself. https://youtu.be/azFphr2jhMk? https://youtu.be/k6z26WQEZEQ?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help With Hand Position by keystring @ Yesterday at 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By jdwKeystring, I had the same thought as you, and I think Morodiene probably was thinking of areas of the keyboard where you can play straight in, and also this particular chord. But really, it's the hand and arm that need to stay
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: fingerings for this walking bass line? by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 10:19 AM

Use whatever feels comfortable to you. For instance, in C major I like 5-4-2-1-2 better and prefer 3-1-2-1-2-1 on the F chord and 1-3-2-1-2-1-2-1 on G. But in a different key the fingering may be completely different (try D-flat major )
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help With Hand Position by keystring @ Yesterday at 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By outoMy teacher has always stressed to me that there's no one technique or just one way to play, but different music and different hands demand for many techniques. There are just some no-nos like twisting the wrist in a non healt
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Motif XF8 by Rally @ Yesterday at 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By JerryHooperSince that time, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing the Motif but, unfortunately, have made very little progress into understanding what it will do and, then, getting it to do it. Also, I'm preparing for gigs and the Mot
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Mercury's Fazioli - Sample library by Wavesfactory @ Yesterday at 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By Edb123Waves - will this Mercury piano be available as an iPad app ?? No, it will only be available for Kontakt.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good piano, and a good deal Baldwin Baby G by Rickster @ Yesterday at 09:03 AM

Hi Lee Ann, and welcome to Piano World! Only you can decided if this is the piano for you. Even if it is the "Classis" series Baldwin, and not an "Artist" series Baldwin, that doesn't mean it is not a nice piano. I've learned tha
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
9 foot young Chang concert grand
by nathanthepianist
07/23/16 05:03 PM
Better DP Action for Learning?
by slickvguy
07/23/16 05:00 PM
Kawai kg-2d what do you think?
by Lee Ann
07/23/16 04:19 PM
Baldwin SF-10
by PattyP
07/23/16 01:54 PM
Happy Birthday Leon Fleisher
by Keith D Kerman
07/23/16 12:41 PM
Forum Stats
84,400 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,096 Topics
2,542,579 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission