Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
123 registered (achi, ando, accordeur, Alexander Borro, 36251, 33 invisible), 1495 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by phantomFive @ Today at 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By boltOne unison goes out on my piano faster than all the other strings. So I'm thinking about getting a tuning wrench and doing touch up tunings on this string myself. I have a hammer that I use from time to time. As someone els
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by TX-Bluebonnet @ Today at 12:12 AM

Ralph - What a bummer to register for a class and then find out you're not in after all, and then a no-go on your second choice. Hopefully you'll find you like the teacher and small class you ended up with. The low price is a definite bonus, as is th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Earthworks QTC-40mp mics. by S.H.Lee @ Today at 12:10 AM

Hi everyone,the first recording is coming. Earthworks QTC-40mp Recording test Zoom Q8 Shigeru Kawai SK7L from Joe Bongiorno 2013 award winning album "Flight of a Dream" https://youtu.be/8h-wWjVsoCI
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Feedback on Christmas arrangements? by TX-Bluebonnet @ Today at 12:08 AM

Oh, that would be great to see some easier arrangements. But no hurry, taking care of your hands should definitely be your number one priority.
Adult Beginners Forum
I know someone who mentions "knowing what the key sounds like." I think he has a pretty good idea what key something is in when he hears it. I try to guess now and then when I hear something new, but really, I haven't a clue.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

I finally completed Greensleeves to my satisfaction. I didn't have any problems adding in the overlapping pedal, and I really like the way it sounds with the pedal. What I'm finding the most challenging is moving the hands from one position to anothe
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by AZ_Astro @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By David IzquierdoYeah, I actually also recorded the sound comming out through a mic but to be honest it wasn't really nice, maybe cause the crapy mic I used. Nonetheless, I'm willing to upload a fairly extensive review on the pia
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Ivory II as an inboard sound on a portable DP by AZ_Astro @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Just wondering... Why can't a software based sampled piano such as Ivory II American D, or one of the other wonderful products (Garritan CFX, perhaps) or Galaxy Vintage D, be embedded into a digital piano? It seems to me that a portable piano wit
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any good sight reading software? by raubucho @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By VeeloJust a warning: do not download software from sourceforge! Software from there potentially comes with malware, read these articles: HowToGeek Computerworld Reddit Good Grief!!!!! I just read the first of those articles
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Leeds International Piano Competition 2015 by SiFi @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiRandy Andy (Duke of York) is supposed to be in charge. Duchess of Kent is the musical one. William and Harry didn't stick with the pianoforte. 😂 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCM9CCSXBy0 Isn't Randy fighting lawsuit
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can you identify by ear only what key something is in? by Sand Tiger @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By AndrewJCWOriginally Posted By Sand TigerNope. However, there are a couple of regulars in my song circle that can do it. More common is knowing which key certain popular songs and pieces tend to be in, and then knowing if the re
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin: Nocturne in B-Flat Minor, Op. 9 No. 1 by colin_pianist18 @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUQssc8FT7s Yes, I know I played it fast. I was pretty nervous tbh. Advice would be much appreciated. I actually had a masterclass with it at the institute. Honestly, I cringe every time I watch my videos lol.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Etude Op. 10, No. 4 in C-sharp minor by colin_pianist18 @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

I have to learn this and the Op. 25 No. 5 etude for a competition lol. I don't have anything bad to say about this recording! Pretty much everything was on point. Amazing steady tempo, clean, etc. Just keep doing what you are doing!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any good sight reading software? by Veelo @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

Just a warning: do not download software from sourceforge! Software from there potentially comes with malware, read these articles: HowToGeek Computerworld Reddit
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By VisaliaDo you challenge yourself with what inversions you play to improve your overall muscular memory on the instrument? I know it seems daunting at first to internalize inversions, but with practice and some "chunking"
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by showard @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

It does take some knowledge and practice to learn how to set the pin properly, but as others mentioned in this post, it doesn't hurt to learn how to touch up unisons that go out quicker than the rest of the piano. You'll want to make sure you proper
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by knotty @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Thanks Bill and jazzwee. I'm glad you enjoyed. We tried scoping the gig tonight but from the hotel, the connection was too weak and cut off after just 30 secs. That's too bad cuz that gig felt good.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is in your piano repertoire? by seriousamateur @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Things I can sit down and play right now if asked, with only a few slip-ups: Schubert Sonata in B Flat Haydn Sonata in E Flat (No 62) Beethoven op. 90 Brahms Paganini Variations Book 1 Chopin Etude op. 10/5, 10/12, 25/6 Chopin Polonaises opp. 44, 53
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How regular should one tune the piano? by showard @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

How often a piano should be tuned will be based on several different factors. As was mentioned the biggest factor is the environment the piano is in. If the piano is kept in a relatively stable environment as far as the humidity goes, then it would
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Performance Editions by seriousamateur @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

I love the Schnabel edition of the Beethoven Sonatas. And of course if you can get your hands on the Horowitz markup of Pictures at an Exhibition, it's full of gold.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Rickster @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

Something else I've learned about tuning/setting the pin is to make quick jerky motions (think impact wrench) with the tuning hammer, rather than a slow, twisting motion. If the pin is tight, it will twist and distort rather than move in the block if
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any good sight reading software? by MossySF @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By raubuchoIt's deficiencies are that there are no stems on the notes, making it difficult to discern just from the note's appearance whether it is a quarter, half, or other time value. It's not a big problem as much as a distractio
Adult Beginners Forum
@bananasushi The topic reminds me of this video showing Tom Brier playing the Spinach Rag. He hits the right keys even when the woman covers his view with her hand. I reckon that knowing the keyboard topography to such an extent takes years of practi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any good sight reading software? by raubucho @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

I used PianoBooster and benefitted substantially. It plays midi files as a scrolling staff (left to right). The scroll speed is adjustable. The notes you are supposed to play are visible on the staff as it scrolls by. Your task is to play the note i
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/-0_78sT9RSc
Page 8 of 22 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
And YES, you can save 10% AND still get free shipping on Jansen Artist benches!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
gospel or sacred music
by seniormoment
37 minutes 19 seconds ago
Does sight reading help in general?
by Evaldas
51 minutes 58 seconds ago
Suggestions for Easy Jazz Arrangements for Xmas?
by newbert
Today at 11:29 AM
U3 scale design and inharmonicity
by Ivan M.
Today at 10:28 AM
reflecting material behind an upright
by Ivan M.
Today at 10:11 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,568 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,529 Topics
2,440,416 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission