Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
116 registered (alerique, 821, ando, 36251, Al LaPorte, 26 invisible), 1304 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by Norbert @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

Quote:Yamaha and Kawai are easy to sell and if I have one they sell quickly and for high prices. They have proven beyond a shadow of doubt they will last. 'Lasting' is not the only consideration buyers have to consider when making a choice. That's
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Rachmaninoff Etude Tableau in g minor by quodlibet @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

I posted this video over in Adult Beginners a week or so ago, mainly because it's my very first posting of a performance on Piano World and I was, I admit, nervous about putting myself out there. But, I worked hard on this piece and thought I would s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is what I am doing beneficial? by agraffe @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung It's because I've been a commuter in LA most of my life. I've pretty much heard everything that was ever somewhat popular, just listening to the car radio. KGRB in the old days, KMZT today, the stuff I haven't heard
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 or MP11: Redux by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By Henry PasternackI'm sure I'm not the only one, but I may be in a minority when it comes to trying to help local retailers stay in business. This is a very commendable attitude! My father runs a piano shop, so I'm naturally incli
Oh, and since most DP's still use a physical sensing mechanism, measuring the hammer velocity directly would like have a large impact on the hammer speed, becoming less reliable and requiring fine regulation. By measuring on the heavier and stronger
Originally Posted By vince961 It would have been the velocity if it had measured the hammer's velocity... [clip] There must be a mistake in my logic because otherwise the whole DP industry doesn't make sense. I think your logical error is in thin
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How does this piano sound? by kpembrook @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

I think you are keeping your cards too close to your chest. How does it sound in terms of what? It's the best Kimball Whitney spinet I've ever heard. Not very good Steinway D. I think the piano has potential. To a significant degree tone can be e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by Norbert @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

While some here wish to escape the discussion on a funny bone, the same old tactics remain. Quote:Its a real shame technicians feel they need to be silent on these forums.Fear of dealers bashing their findings. That's complete nonsense. Nobody is
Jump to new posts Re: Avg velocity&sensor positioning vs impact[Kawai,Korg,Yamaha] by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 06:31 PM

This discussion is verging on the "religious argument": . . . "Is the velocity of the hammer, when it strikes the string, . . . the only thing that determines the tone of the note?" I have an opinion on this question, but I won'
Jump to new posts Re: SEEKING ADVICE FOR BEGINNER DIGITAL PIANO by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Hi, IMHO you must try by yourself Roland FP30, Kawai ES100 and Casio PX160, and then choose best key action and sounds for your taste. Cheers...!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to make a Piano less Loud? by Sam S @ Yesterday at 06:29 PM

The felt on the business end of the hammers wears away over time and leaves "string grooves". It also becomes compacted. Reshaping the hammers involves removing the action (a pain in a drop action spinet), and filing the hammers with sandpa
Jump to new posts Re: I've bought the Kawai CA17! by Mental Nomad @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

I don't think it's for lack of importers... the official Kawai US site show the CA97 and CA67 as the only two Concert Artist pianos. It appears Kawai has made a decision not to supply the CA17 to the US market. Which I find to be sad... it's an exce
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Yamaha YDP-S52 by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 06:22 PM

Hi, i hope your daughter enjoy it a lot... and what about key action in both DP's?, how compare this feature in both units?... Cheers!.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Introduction and Question about recording video/audio by Jen Weir @ Yesterday at 06:01 PM

Hi everyone! I have been lurking here for the past few weeks and figured it was time to come out of the shadows. I started playing again recently after about a 16 year hiatus. Mostly the hiatus was because of kids, job, grad school. I had forgotten
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Yamaha YDP-S52 by magnil @ Yesterday at 05:59 PM

Yes, we bought the F-140R. Happy with it, especially Bluetooth midi and line in input. Like the sound with headphones but it could definitely be better with the speakers, maybe the Yamaha had a little better sound with speakers. One other thing I thi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by jdott @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

PM7: Statements such as your "pop is not equal to classical music in any way, and it is out of question that at least it is way easier to make and perform pop music, therefore listener should be aware that it's nothing special, as well as anyon
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Can't find information on Kimball piano by cowgirl524 @ Yesterday at 05:56 PM

Hello, I'm new! I got a Kimball baby grand piano for free this week, and I'm really excited about it! It seems to be in relatively good shape, but needs tuning of course. I've been trying to search for what year it is using the serial number, but I a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group: Gluck Melody from Orfeo (Sgambati) by BruceD @ Yesterday at 05:50 PM

I'd be happy to try to answer some of your questions, but "the 3rd one under Sgambati" was of no help to me in trying to find the score you are talking about. There are a number of excerpts from the operas of Gluck transcribed for piano, b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to make a Piano less Loud? by Moose776 @ Yesterday at 05:49 PM

Well you can see where the strings hit, like there's a bit of an indentation. Is that something serious? I really don't know, this is my first piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 05:39 PM

BSW I'm sure your musicality will come along as you study more and more with your new teacher. My teacher has stressed being musical ever since I started with her. But my teacher always, always, always sounds so much better than my playing even aft
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts cole porter bulldog song from yale by ihavetubes @ Yesterday at 05:39 PM

Anyone know where I can find the sheet music for this song?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas by BruceD @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiThese threads are interesting because, despite a tendency for those posting to simply cheerlead for what they happen to own , a collective wisdom emerges reflecting recent scholarship, teacher/player preferences, and/o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by ihavetubes @ Yesterday at 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By sam abdelHello fellow Pianoworld peeps. I had a piano as a child from age 5-25. Never had formal classes. Taught myself here and there. Nothing serious. in my teens learned fur elise and pop music that I would buy from the mus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is what I am doing beneficial? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By dogpersonI'm surprised by your statement that you don't hear much new to you that you want to play... other than Big Band, what are your interests? It's because I've been a commuter in LA most of my life. I've pretty much
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Student not ready for exam by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

I have a student who has been preparing this year for her Gr. 8 RCM exam. It is her choice to do this. At the beginning of the year I set out a timeline for when things need to be finished in order to be allowed to register. But, she wasn't practi
Page 8 of 29 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 28 29 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice on silent piano: Schimmel SG2 or Yamaha SH?
by Amsterdampianist
02/11/16 06:51 AM
Assistance with reading structure
by imustlearn
02/11/16 03:49 AM
Audacity/Recording problems
by jotur
02/10/16 10:43 PM
Melville Clark Baby Grand- any info??
by Shell1250
02/10/16 08:46 PM
Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 2/9/14
by Dfrankjazz
02/10/16 07:27 PM
Forum Stats
82,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,404 Topics
2,494,218 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission