Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
57 registered (AccidentalDavid, Albunea, Beemer, AZNpiano, bennevis, AndyP, 14 invisible), 1188 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Waterman Upright Grand by Seybold by jdkollitz @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

I have a Waterman Upright Grand that's made by Seybold so I know it was made between 1903-1930 and I am just looking for more info on it. It's beautiful and has stayed in tune with itself even sitting outdoors under a shelter for almost ten years aft
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Grandman @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

I find talk about the LX17's key noise absurd. It is one of the quietest digital keyboards I have played. No issue here at all.
Adult Beginners Forum
Back in the saddle! Been out of the game for the last few weeks due to a move, though I've been practicing regularly. Just had my first lesson with a new piano teacher and it went beautifully! So we'll be working on the Alfred's 2 lesson book, pick
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Been away from it for a while by Vanacari @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

Retirement is what you make of it. Piano is a great thing to retire to. I've been retired for about 3 years and, after a life time of playing the piano in fits and starts, have begun taking jazz piano lessons. This is a real mental workout!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ Yesterday at 03:28 PM

Variation 4 is up. http://nhpianos.com/diabelli-variation-4/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Was Rachmaninoff a spy? by Eric399 @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

Now that is really interesting. So you're saying is he didn't compose his works himself? But he did play the piano, or was that also a German substitute? I hope you will not be offended if I don't believe a single word of your post...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Was Rachmaninoff a spy? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

I don't think I'll have what he's having!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on used Charles Walter 1500 by maxbet777 @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Sam: piano plays very well for its age. I have never played a CW so was pretty blown away by the full-bodied sound after tinkering around with the Yamahas. It also has Langer action - and the touch felt really good to me, can't complain there. A full
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by ando @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By ZeroZerowe are looking for portable digital keyboard for a one year old. What I seek is something that gives a plain sound 'similar' to a piano, with no gadgets if possible - that way the child con
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by dmd @ Yesterday at 03:16 PM

Hi Tony and Fiz, I am considering purchasing this course. You may be able to help me decide. I have been playing for about 10 years and can play simple classical pieces by rote and for about 3 years I have been working on jazz standards. I wish t
Jump to new posts Re: Home Concert XTreme: How do I split MIDI tracks? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By Taser9090I was having issues playing both of my hands together in a certain piece due to the complex rhythm. I decided to download the Home Concert software to help with it since it's well reviewed and there was a 50% sale going
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin grand advice by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 03:10 PM

GAF - you should start a new thread. Merging into a 6 year old one will confuse people. Retsacnal, Although I've run across some nice Baldwins from the 1960s, I don't think anyone would price an original condition, 52 year old piano that's 5'8"
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By ZeroZerowe are looking for portable digital keyboard for a one year old. What I seek is something that gives a plain sound 'similar' to a piano, with no gadgets if possible - that way the child concentrates on using the keys r
Jump to new posts Re: Kawaii ES100 Vs. Roland FP-30 by shalomjj @ Yesterday at 03:09 PM

Would there be a way to just turn off the sensor that shuts down the onboard speakers when you plug into the headphone jack and then use them as a line out?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

EP, That's kind of been my approach. I've gone through a bunch of the lessons, now I'm starting back at the beginning and reviewing them as I try to continue to progress through new lessons. My workload is at work is going to be crazy for the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts - Used Piano Purchase - 2007 Bechstein A190 by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

You did very well on the price. There's no way the original owner paid that much for one, new. (at least I didn't for the mahogany A190 I used to own of almost the same vintage...)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Settling in your new piano by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

Of all the new pianos I've dealt with, the longest I could stand to wait was about 6 weeks. The shortest was 12 days.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by EP @ Yesterday at 02:50 PM

I haven't completely read through all the posts, so forgive me if I'm off-base, but my recommendation is to think of the lessons in "layers", meaning that it's OK to go through the lessons as a beginner, say, and not try to master all the t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage uprights really not worth rebuilding? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 02:42 PM

It's very beautiful, Dale. A job well worth doing from a moral point of view. But I notice on your website you call it a "labor of love". Will you be able to sell it at a price that more than pays for all the time and materials? And wh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What They Didn't Tell You About The 10,000-Hour Rule by David Farley @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

The interview excerpt was interesting. It reminded me of something from my past. For a period of time, I was working closely with a lot of students at a well-known conservatory (I did not go to there so I wasn't in this mix). Let's say all the stude
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Settling in your new piano by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 02:07 PM

I usually leave mine for a while when moving it. I'm not really obsessive about tuning though and if it's a little tiny bit out of tune while I'm waiting, it doesn't bother me and I still play it. I waited probably 2 months before I tuned my piano
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Random Piano Thoughts by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

Please stay cat, oh! If I play more legato? (Shakespeare was baptised 26 April 1564. And no, he didn't write the above. And yes,he would have used an "s" instead of a "z" in baptised.)
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: jazz chord voicings by jjo @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

I second KlinkKlonk. I'll include the root in my voicings in the right hand. In fact, sometimes I think we overdue the rootless chord thing. I've been looking at a Horace Silver transcription recently and he plays plenty of roots in the left han
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Was Rachmaninoff a spy? by sfhombre @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

Whew! Don't know if English is your primary language, but I suspect whatever language is your first, it does have punctuation available. You might try it: it helps readers. Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Home Concert XTreme: How do I split MIDI tracks? by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

I'm pretty sure the free MuseScore can be used to split a MIDI file up in two tracks, and export it to a new MIDI. Anvil Studio might be able to do it. The core application of Anvil is free, but you have to pay for add-ons, and I don't know if you ne
Page 8 of 25 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dirk Maassen interview - The 8 Pianos Project
by Pianodao
05/01/16 04:31 AM
The genious of Dudley Moore - A Beethoven sonata parody
by Beemer
05/01/16 04:23 AM
Pieces for the left hand only
by Pianist685
05/01/16 02:57 AM
May Piano Bar
by candlelightpiano
05/01/16 01:54 AM
New recital!
by JoelW
05/01/16 12:34 AM
Forum Stats
83,470 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,332 Topics
2,520,199 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission