Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
86 registered (Albunea, ando, 737MAX, AndrewJCW, Amosdoll, accordeur, 22 invisible), 1043 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Steinway 90776 by Markarian @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

Missed connection, huh? Was this an old family heirloom you're trying to reclaim? Have you tried contacting Steinway in NY? They sometimes have information beyond the original purchaser, though depending on who, it may be confidential. Anyways, bumpi
Adult Beginners Forum
Not to be wet blanket here, but in lieu of almost two years of lessons, in addition to talking with many other beginner and intermediate students, the way I would phrase the question is this way: "How long would it take an absolute beginner to
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New acoustic grand in the Nord Piano Library by Bachus @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By EssBraceBlimey. Another good reason to buy a Nord!! . There are several things that Nord should do to give everyone a reason to buy.. Add a SSD, so all the Nord sample libraries can be inside the stage piano, and add the same t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do all national piano movers have bad reviews? by Markarian @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

I think it's important to take into account that a lot of people take to online reviews when they're in a fit of rage. Every piano mover with enough volume has mishaps and it's important that you ask them for their insurance information and to provid
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

Are you sure it was a Fazioli and not a Steingraeber? On the videos of Sue Keller on Youtube, she seems to play Steingraebers. Very beautiful pianos.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiring a tech to FIND a piano by Norbert @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

Quote: I personally volunteer to take on this clearly disagreeable and onerous task. Thanks but no thanks. The chore for buyers to get proper and objective information before buying is never easy. It is one of the most controversial aspects when bu
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My amazing piano restoration journey by DavidDM @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Thanks Adam! It's a beautiful instrument. And yes, Jude is a great guy.
Jump to new posts Re: New acoustic grand in the Nord Piano Library by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

Blimey. Another good reason to buy a Nord!!
Jump to new posts Re: Sound problems with Kawai CA97 by lophiomys @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Gouldmember, Try to find another owner of a CA97 nearby and check out his CA97. On the German Kawai forum there is a thread where Kawai owners publish their appox. location, so you could go and visit to compare them. http://www.kawai.de/forum/showt
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My amazing piano restoration journey by adamp88 @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

Congratulations! Jude does absolutely top notch work, and is a great guy to boot. Here's to many years of musical enjoyment!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Daniil Trifonov -- performance & review(s) by Scout @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

I have to agree. What an absolutely magnificent and thrilling performance and pianist. No other can match him, in my opinion. Many thanks to the OP for posting this.
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by ChickGrand @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By pyropaul...Absolutely! I heard Joshua Rifkin play various Joplin rags on a beautiful Fazioli in Montreal a few years ago and also got tears in my eyes - particularly with this one Joshua Rifkin Solace Joplin (not sure what pian
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Hakki @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

Quote:Among all first prize winners in each section only one Grand Prix winner may be declared. The prizes amount to the following cash amounts: Grand Prix: USD $100,000 in additional to the 1st Prize amount; What do you think, will they award the
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 03:16 PM

Bill Bremmer, thank you for posting the link to the Youtube video of the American Photoplayer. What a mechanical marvel! I knew of Nikelodeons of course, but until today I had not heard of the American Photplayer and did not know of its significance
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts My amazing piano restoration journey by DavidDM @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

This is a long post and has been a long time coming. I hope everyone enjoys it. In early 2013, I began my search for a grand piano. I’m a classically trained pianist. For several years, I played on a digital piano at home (a small condo in Atla
Jump to new posts Re: CP4 review at SOS by Manolios @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

Same here. Like Dave, I also play mainly jazz and the CP4 is my main axe for now. I had the CP5 before and loved it, but it was a beast... At home, in my studio, I like to hook up the CP4 to my Clavinova CLP 990 and play the CFX Grand from the wonder
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Restored Steinert #14429, c.1926 by DavidDM @ Yesterday at 03:04 PM

Pics of my piano. Restored (or rather, Rebuilt) by Jude Reveley, Absolute Piano Restoration, Lowell, MA.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by SiFi @ Yesterday at 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisComing late to the party, I realized how much I've been influenced by you folks here - in not bothering to listen to any of Masleev's performances, after almost everybody dissed him right from round 1. But after liste
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do all national piano movers have bad reviews? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 03:00 PM

Contact some of the good dealers on this site for good advice. I suggest Steve Cohen, Rich Galassini, or Keith D. Kerman. Remember online reviews are often not helpful and some are fake. When I try to find a good restaurant in NYC virtually all of
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Hakki @ Yesterday at 03:00 PM

To avoid any influence on further voting, all votes a) and b) given to the passing contestants will be kept confidentially to everybody, including the jury.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Hakki @ Yesterday at 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By fnorkCan someone explain the ties? They ended up with ties because they got the exact same numbers of votes? Also, another important thing, in the name of transparency....Will we now find out how the jurors voted in all rounds? T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tree Through House (not mine) by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

Neighbor has a vertical gash centered in the back wall of his house, roof to foundation, with--I suspect--severe structural damage beyond the roof structure, since the deck to one side collapsed toward the house (tree bowed the wall inward detaching
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by bennevis @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Coming late to the party, I realized how much I've been influenced by you folks here - in not bothering to listen to any of Masleev's performances, after almost everybody dissed him right from round 1. But after listening to all the Tchaik 1's -
Jump to new posts Re: Upright Gulbransen 1926 value by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

The original poster seems to have lost interest. Perhaps from disappointment at the realisation that his acquisition is not a goldmine.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long for an absolute beginner to learn Für Elise? by Moonsh1ne @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By DakarDaveWhen I saw this thread, I was wondering the same thing. I'm the text book definition of an adult absolute beginner. Been attempting to play the entire piece since January, and just got to a point where I'm beginning to b
Page 8 of 33 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 32 33 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam
by rysowers
07/02/15 01:31 AM
Petrof Upright
by tanjalou
07/02/15 01:12 AM
Do you use a lot of slash chords?
by DeadPoets
07/01/15 10:39 PM
New Tuner, Old Pianos.
by Hemloch
07/01/15 09:57 PM
piano tech life before cell phones
by rtheaux
07/01/15 09:40 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,852 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,230 Topics
2,423,114 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission