Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
75 registered (AndrewJCW, AprilE, Amosdoll, AZ_Astro, agraffe, 23 invisible), 1003 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3? by Tuneless @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

Well, keeping in mind I am pretty much a newbie to piano, I would think that an independent tech inspection might turn up things that the dealer considers 'normal' that a technician might dispute. The problem with this is that if the dealer currentl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by marimorimo @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

So for the first time since I started playing piano, I started a piece that I found easy enough to get up from the ground and going in less than an hour! It's not quite perfect yet, but I have been making it sound like music almost from the get-go.
Piano Forum
Awesome!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transpose your playing? by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

A C major chord consists of the notes number 1, 3, and 5, of the scale (or key) of C major. C is the first note of the C major scale, E the third, and G the fifth. These numbers do not represent intervals. Every major chord is constructed the same w
Adult Beginners Forum
Mine are 9 and 7. Seeing that yours is still little, I don't think she will question it at this point, and going forward will probably be used to it and view it as a given.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My upright is good enough for me by DrewBone @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Ian, it gives me great pleasure when I read of owners of any type of piano being satisfied with their instrument; it's a bond that I'm sure will provide you with many hours of performing pleasure. Most higher end verticals have a more refined and ea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transpose your playing? by rolfie @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

A c major consists of the intervals 1 3 5, some info from many sites Are those intervals half - steps? I cannot get it fit, because from e to f note, there are 2 half= 1 whole step, or a whole note in between right?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By Schazti011Those are great questions. So I'll go back to the dealer and ask about: (snip) Let me know if there are other questions I'm missing as well. Like I said before, the 5 year warranty will cover any needed repairs (hamm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 119 vs Schumann Op. 12 by Carey @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

Since I was the first one here to suggest the Fantasie I feel compelled to make an observation. The Fantasie is a glorious work - but it takes a while to "take off." I don't know how many judges would be willing to listen to over three
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: May Piano Bar by sor @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

Riddler,, wow thank you for such a compliment, It makes me extremely happy to know that you enjoyed it. after all this is part of why we play!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

Quote:The proof of that is the fact that every person who has died has eaten carrots at one time or another. That is not true. There have been people who never ate carrots, and yet they have died. Anyone who claims this cannot be trusted.
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By DoelKeesBill, you may be a good piano tuner, but you are not a scientist. If you think you are, I suggest you write up your refutation of all those articles on absolute pitch in the scientific literature, and submit it to a peer
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by JazzyMac @ Yesterday at 11:41 AM

What exactly are masterclasses? Am I overthinking the term? Is it just a bunch of people in a classroom, or something else?
Jump to new posts Re: Damper Spring Rail? by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

The spring rail is also the damper stop rail.
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 11:37 AM

Ed. In 24 years of examining (at the time), I had never once seen a person produce a perfect 0.0 on Pitch (as read by the SAT which only reads tenths but when the red light in the center lights up, it is accurate to within 0.05) before Lucas did. W
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: MESSIAEN - Theme and variations by PatrickCaldwell @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

Hi. Yeah definitely needs to be memorised, sight reading is impossible. The problem is discovering actually how to play certain parts where the left and right hand cross over each other, whether abover or below (depending on the ratio black keys to w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Theme with variations" recital - information and status by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 11:32 AM

Hi, Ganddalf -- a few suggestions: 1 Enrique Granados wrote 12 Spanish Dances, in 2 Volumes. The Volume 1 Dances are technically less difficult than Volume 2; if you haven't played any of them before, I'd recommend Volume 1, although a couple of
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best Bach Pianist by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 11:31 AM

I like Jeremy Denk's Goldberg quite a bit. Maria Yudina is also a fascinating pianist.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should you take lessons from same teacher as your child? by ViennaAutumn @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By INBostonI don't see what the big deal is. I signed up with my kids' teacher because 1) I like her and 2) I want to get better. Our lessons are on different days. Having the same teacher is nice because she knows us all, and the k
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best Bach Pianist by lophiomys @ Yesterday at 11:21 AM

Glenn Gould (since more than 3 decades), Virgil Fox (on the organ), Maria Tipo from Italy, especially I enjoy her Bach-Busoni recordings, Simone Dinnerstein, and Kimiko Ishizaka at http://www.opengoldbergvariations.org/ Martin Stadtfeld, "P
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should you take lessons from same teacher as your child? by ViennaAutumn @ Yesterday at 11:20 AM

Just to clarify, I don't think it would be a problem at all now. She wouldn't care either way at this point. t'm just thinking ahead to the tween/teenage years. My kid is only six and already has a strong independent streak. Plus, my impression is th
Jump to new posts Re: Strings with steep angle at the tuning pin by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

Bourniplus, I wish I had a picture of one of these that has the coil crossed over. If you could see it, you would know why it prevents breakage. Out of the dozens (literally) that I did this to, only one broke some years later. After all, the pri
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by oldmancoyote @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalI lived in Neuchatel from '96 to '98, and then spent about a quarter of my time in Zurich until 2003. Don't recall seeing any coyotes! But I did love Switzerland. Ah, that's because we only moved in in 2010.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Building a website for piano gigging ?? by scgrant @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By shalomjjSo it's best to own the name first through something like namecheap rather than just accepting it from a webhost? Yes, the name is only $10-$15 a year, although many sites charge way more. You can even get bargains on
Adult Beginners Forum
I don't see what the big deal is. I signed up with my kids' teacher because 1) I like her and 2) I want to get better. Our lessons are on different days. Having the same teacher is nice because she knows us all, and the kids and I bond over this comm
Page 8 of 24 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
BUY ORIGINAL PASSPORT,DRIVERS LICENSE,ID CARD,
by kellybrown
05/26/16 11:43 PM
Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff
by JoelW
05/26/16 11:41 PM
Harp Bolts
by scgrant
05/26/16 11:35 PM
Feedback on Video
by Piano Tipping
05/26/16 11:21 PM
Changing all of the wound bass strings
by Pianolance
05/26/16 08:32 PM
Forum Stats
83,776 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,948 Topics
2,528,072 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission