Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: teaching in a studio vs independently from home by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

Greg has already detailed some of the important issues. You may also find yourself teaching on a less-good piano than your own, in a noisier environment, and paid at a rate of maybe 50% of your present fee. Thirty miles is a long daily drive in which
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing slow is only part of it by Dave B @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Slow is good. So is fast. Whats going on in your mind is what matters. Sometimes if you speed the piece up in your head, it becomes easier to clearly see melodic and harmonic contrasts and forms. Slow it down and sometimes it's easier to see the inte
Pianist Corner
Wow. Thank you all so much for sharing your stories. I am guessing for every musician there is a personal reason for their enchantment with it. My story is pretty mundane. I was "forced" by my opera and classical music loving Mother to take
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First-time piano buyer: budget under 10k by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Hi Michael, A Dampp-Chaser humidifier/derumidifier system will help protect the piano and keep the tuning of your new upright or grand. It's even more important if you buy new - and in that case, don't worry too much about longevity since many new p
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Senior Recital: Schumann Arabeske Op.18 by Damon @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Louis Podesta find a voice teacher at your school, and then have them make you play the melody line of this piece on your saxophone. You will instantly hear the difference. Or he could find a saxophone teacher and then have
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts First-time piano buyer: budget under 10k by Michael101467 @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

Hello all, My family and I are in the process of buying a piano, and have tried various uprights and grands under the $10 000 price mark. So far, these pianos have stood out to me: - Heintzman 132e upright, for $5000 with a trade-in of a yamaha cla
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear! by doctor S @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

Happy Birthday (again)! Very impressed you can fit in with the "band".
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Grandpianoman, I'm curious if you cleared and remeasured ALL of the inharmonicity using the i436 mic (or started a brand-new file). I'm assuming that measuring inharmonicity might be the main strength and advantage of the mic. I use it for all new t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by tdv @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

<Better than either of these will be the Walter 175> LOL. Of course, you are not prejudiced are you Del?! Kidding aside I drove to the Walter factory a year or so ago just to play the 175. There are probably better 5'8" grands around, b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polish rebuilding at SAP by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Yes Bob, I know what you are saying but putting in a new set of whippens in an already well rebuilt action is not that big a deal timewise. Two days downtime if scheduled right. Of course the cost is not minor as whippens are pricey.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by ScottM @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

It might interest you to know that my primary composition professor was a student of Hindemith's and a model of what a composition teacher should be. I don't think there's any constructive outcome to this discussion.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

If the R is well preserved and dates from between WW2 and the time just prior to the accu-just hitch pins it can be quite wonderful. It is less muddy in the middle C area and if all is right the treble is strong and clear. The notes at the top of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

I have a bad habit of over extending myself. I thought those days were over now that I'm unemployed. However it was not the case. I notice now I have 1 piano duet partner, another potential duet partner and finding myself being asked to accompany
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Markarian, I think I told you this before. But here in Seattle we really don't need the humidifier portion of the DC system. I think they cause more problems than they solve. Having that pan of water near the soundboard is not good in my opinion. And
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by joflah @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

I find that the VPC1's downweight is over 70g, and upweight is about 50g. That seems to be higher than what I've read is usual for grand pianos- maybe 45-50g and 20-25g. It's beginning to seem too much. I'm tempted to modify all the hammer weights...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear! by Derulux @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Happy Birthday Andy!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by rpw @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

I apologize. I jumped to conclusions after seeing pictures of the CLP-990.
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear by khopin @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

I am in my home again and could be able to tray the HD360 and compared them with my old KRK 6400. I have to say that I couldn't find any other Sennheiser headphone but the Momentum and HD360. The experience with the HD360 is much better than with t
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Weakky .. Here's the video. http://youtu.be/oSyvgDvwtro Not bad, eh? Is that you playin ? Originally Posted By: Weakky I haven't changed the second chords as you told me ... Good, because it was wrong. It could have w
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: teaching in a studio vs independently from home by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Is the shop owner asking you to sign an agreement or contract of any kind? Or is this just a friendly thing between two professionals? A lot of conservatories and music schools require a written contract with the teacher. These usually include som
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: rpwIt may not be about wood, however there seem to be direct relation between key material and action mechanism. All wooden actions, whether it's kawai or yamaha, share exactly same design - longer keys with hammers above them.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by briansaddleback @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

Excited to start learning Hommage a Rameau. Started it last saturday, it will be slow going, but how I progress, I try to work on tidbits here and there and have about a good half dozen pieces slow-cooking on the stove. Hopefully by January I can com
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: peterwsNot to mention the long term finger health issues . . . now don`t you lot go selling your VCP1s; a permanent cure for arthritis is surely just round the corner . . Pete, may I ask if you suffer from arthritis? Moreover,
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Piano for Touch by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Joe GarfieldI personally didn't like the Yamaha action (NU1) as much as I liked the Kawai action. I believe this may be because the NU1 action is based on an upright piano action, while the Kawai action attempts to recreate a g
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear! by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Happy Birthday, Andy!!!
Page 8 of 29 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
151 registered (Alex-SapRenovation, AmateurBob, A Guy, ajames, 44 invisible), 1770 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75574 Members
42 Forums
156252 Topics
2294735 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Around The World
by karmanathan
3 minutes 21 seconds ago
Brahms
by mellifluous
53 minutes 53 seconds ago
The process of shopping / buying a new piano
by Eric5238
Today at 10:53 AM
Viennese vs sustain vs DOA tuned unisons and temperament
by gynnis
Today at 10:35 AM
casinitaly! Many happy returns of the day!
by malkin
Today at 08:30 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission