Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
I have recently bought a Grand Piano, sight-unseen from Jim Laabs Music in Wisconsin. I had a very rewarding experience and currently own a great piano, we all love, despite of all the warnings against this method of buying a piano. In another post I
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by AnimistFvR @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

I guess I should definitely quit with any sort of questions until I come back with opinions in mind of the pianos at least. I just wanted to know a reasonable price to lower him down to. But thanks.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Morodiene, an update -- I went through the piece several times today, and I think I could make a reasonably decent recording this weekend. It would then be available as a back-up, meaning that I'd submit it only if you feel too uncomfortable submit
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs Roland vs Casio? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: AnimistFvRJames I have a quick question if you don't care to answer... SO of course in a dealer, you don't go buy the MSRP price. Do you know what a reasonable price for a new Kawai CA65 would be..? (The MSRP is $3,945). The CA
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student cancelling last minute recital by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Malkin, thank you! This thread has totally deviated into discussions on performance anxiety, justification for recitals, etc. My student does not have performance anxiety! She has been in my recitals for years, she is also involved in sports and o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

I'm still in my mother's womb. Is it too late for me to become a concert pianist? What should I play for my conservatory audition?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway officially relocates flagship store. by Thrill Science @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: RetsacnalInterior decorators and their clients aren't depriving anyone of a piano. There is no shortage of Steinways in the marketplace. Exactly. It's not a zero sum game.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales and arpeggios by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Doritos Flavouredperhaps they avoided because have been forced to play it so much in their forming years that they hated it? :P Godowsky said he did not practice scales "per se", apparently indicating he came up with
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES100: let's collect reviews and impressions here by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Thank you for your kind offer gauguin. I believe we already have an internal list of the corrections necessary, it's just a case of receiving the layout data from the individual who worked on that manual initially, and making the relevant edits. If
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Legato without slur marks by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottOriginally Posted By: TX-Bluebonnetwimpiano, It sounds contradictory to me.. music all the time and break for phrases? Sorry, perhaps I'm just overyly tired. It's like someone speaking for a long time. They go on and o
Jump to new posts Re: MOXF/Motif APs/EPs by doremi @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

Ah, the pioneer Do start a new thread with a conspicuous title, please! Moreover, compare the flash enhanced MOXF to the Nord that you also have, especially with regard to APs, EPs. Wonderful!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Jamie_from_Canada @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

*sigh* that sucks because I have no idea how to re-pin. I wonder if I should try figure this out or just pay my regular professional to do it. There's about 8 keys requiring attention. What might the cost of that be?
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by bubbamc119 @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: rungabicthe first 2 were lemons. What were the issues with those?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some inspiration. by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

A beautiful story. Loved her composition. Thanks for sharing!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

I had my piano technician over today to do a basic tuning plus light voicing. He said, "I can tell you've been playing a lot lately because the hammers sound hard," which I guess is a compliment. Tomorrow I've cleared my schedule out fro
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by rknight5 @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

A few more hours! We hope for the best. Maybe the delay is some extra work on them. I have waited 8 weeks.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway officially relocates flagship store. by phacke @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

Thanks for the update on NYC Steinway hall Mr, Baker. I had been wondering. Originally Posted By: Jonathan BakerI acknowledge that the interior decorators of billionaire's apartments need props for flower vases, and for that a Steinway will do jus
Jump to new posts Re: Still having problems with my Kawai ES7 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

Hello Nigel, Originally Posted By: musicman100I have still got the problem with my F3 note which gets very distorted and goes in to overdrive when I use the sustain pedal. I recall a characteristic with one or two notes that is emphasised by large
Piano Forum
I recently "majored" my first serious search for a grand piano. I am NOT a pianist and was shopping for my 10 years old son (who got to the stage he needed the upgrade). This post is not really meant for the serious pianists out there - it
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Johnkie @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Hi Jamie - it really isn't worth messing about trying to free flanges, in my experience, the fastest and most reliable solution is to recentre ...you'll get an immediate and permanent repair. I'd be very surprised if that were the only one that needs
Jump to new posts Re: So long... by Inlanding @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Sorry to hear that, Emmery-- one thing is for sure, Ihave a hard time staying focused sitting one place focused on a computer screen. My body can't take, really. For sure I have always appreciated your professional advice and your sharing some of you
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with easy presets by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul MannBut, on the Kawai MP7 you cannot save a rhythm in a preset sound. As explained in my response to your previous post, the MP7 stores metronome settings (rhythm/tempo) to SETUP memories, not SOUND memories. Cheers, Jam
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Tim AdriansonOriginally Posted By: MorodieneI think I can get the Sarabande and the Soireee dans Granada complete, but there's little hope for the Jardin . Does anyone already know this or have a recording they could submit?
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by rungabic @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: rknight5My MP11 should arrive tomorrow from Sweetwater. That is what the tracking number indicates. My MP11 is also arriving from Sweetwater tomorrow...our DPs are obviously brothers and came over in the same container. However
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai mp7 vs Roland rd-800 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Paul. I think this is one of first instances I can recall a customer preferring the Kawai sound to the Roland, while also preferring the Roland action to the Kawai! I gather the RD-800 allows a considerable amoun
Page 8 of 31 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai MP7 - Rhodes sound
by IMOL
10/31/14 11:44 AM
Chopin Schirmer Editions
by Works1
10/31/14 11:12 AM
Bach. Has he ever played a piano?
by amt976
10/31/14 11:12 AM
Isn't this a Better way to Measure After-touch?
by Paul678
10/31/14 09:33 AM
The cutest!
by Rich Galassini
10/31/14 09:12 AM
Who's Online
163 registered (accordeur, 0987654321, 36251, 52 invisible), 1943 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76717 Members
42 Forums
158636 Topics
2329846 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission