Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
70 registered (Bambers, Amrei, Arthell, alwatson, ando, Andre van Haren, 11 invisible), 1724 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By QazsedcftMy teacher also urged me to play with more acceleration (whipping motion) in the fingers. I think there are different schools of though but I'm becoming more and more suspicious of all the talk about arm weight and rotat
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by 9190 @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

Spoiler Content
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Key top replacement by BDB @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

If the keytops are old enough to merit replacement, so are the keybed cloth and punchings, so the dimensions of the keys are not that critical. Even if you do not replace them, you should level the keys, which is the time-consuming part, so you might
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you play piano? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

What's in a name? That which we call a rose stinks at piano playing.
Jump to new posts Re: Recording individual notes when piano is tuned by slobajudge @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

I need more accurate approach you mention. All tools for tuning comes to me with piano (in couple of days) so I need only Tunelab. I saw that most piano technicians use Tunelab. Which method gives the best results ?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

That was cute.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you use the term 'contemporary classical'? by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

"concert hall music", for anything to be performed live in a "concert hall" (casually used for what we call "Classical Music"). On the contemporary part, that's simply ridiculous, but I can see how it can be confusing..
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: RCM Grade 9 Piano Exam by Tubbie0075 @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

You should give yourself a big pat on the back just for taking the exam. You have done the best you could even though it might not have turned out exactly the way you wanted. There's nothing you can do now. Don't send yourself on a guilt trip. Yo
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2017 - Waves Grand Rhapsody software piano by Fleer @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

Wavesfactory launched the Mercury Grand a few months ago (not years) and it's a wonderful one indeed. Here's what they wrote over at GearSlutz yesterday, when they heard about the upcoming Waves version: "This is a bad coincidence, but let's wai
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaYou can do 100 this year, or more, mom3gram...and won't be the only one! Not me this year, but some other year, I'll try. Not me either, I'm afraid. I started out with great enthusiasm and some easy pieces - It won't l
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2017 - Waves Grand Rhapsody software piano by petes1 @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By propianist.... No escape from reality... this isn't technically a new piano library, it's just a re-release. Or is this just fantasy? Nothing really matters. I'm quite satisfied right now with my PianoTeq, and so I must now
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by keystring @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaI've found it funny yesterday or so that I was reading something and they talked of classical music, like The Beatles. Leonard Bernstein doing a serious analysis of the Beatles and few others. And with that, since Gary
Jump to new posts Re: Key top replacement by rysowers @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

You definitely want to try to maintain the same dimension of the key at the tail end as the original. You don't want to have to change the sharp height or dip to compensate for the thicker keytop. Then you won't have to worry about the fallboard felt
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you play piano? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

I cook but I'm not a cook. I dance but I'm not a dancer. I sing but I'm not a singer. I play the piano (very bad) but I'm not a pianist. On the other hand, I speak so I'm a speaker. I read so I'm a reader. I drive so I'm a driver. I dream so I'm a
Jump to new posts Re: Recording individual notes when piano is tuned by rysowers @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

slobajudge, It depends on how accurate you need your tuning to be. Trying to match the pitch of your piano to a recording might get you close enough for your needs. It certainly won't be a great tuning. An alternative and much more accurate approa
must say how the fp30 comes across in this video differs a bit from other vids of it - bit too much hmm ping and zing in its sound in this vid for my taste - certainly characterful though ^^
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

The world "classical" depends in what environment you find yourself. I've found it funny yesterday or so that I was reading something and they talked of classical music, like The Beatles. To The Monkeys, I personally would be much more wo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When a piano student is not anymore a beginner? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 03:54 PM

I started playing in May 2015 so I sometimes think I shouldn't describe myself as a beginner, but I like it, and well I'm still like at the end of level 1. I guess I can be a beginner until I am at least level 4?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Ok, some reason: my memory is so bad that I am laughing at myself when trying to memorize a 1 page Scarborough Fair (been with it for about 2 months trying to memorize it ), and today I've been thinking maybe this trying to memorize some piano is go
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D. We have to remember that composers have on control over what we (the audience) like. But the larger point is what you said in your last post, about people thinking of "modern" has mostly abrasive (ugly). My po
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you play piano? by Jolly @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By Keith D KermanOriginally Posted By JollyAt what point can you call yourself a pianist. Or simply a piano player? Is it after a certain number of lessons? Is it when you can perform a certain piece? Is it when you can play more
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to consolidate by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By Frédéric LWhich N1 upgrade ? We still have a N1 with CFIIIS. oh geez, I think I misremembered. Disregard what I just said!
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

On the RD2000 page : Quote:With its versatile outputs, the RD-2000 is ready to connect with any stage or studio setup. Main stereo outs are provided on XLR and ¼-inch jacks, and there’s also a sub output that allows you to route internal sounds a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Albunea @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

You can do 100 this year, or more, mom3gram...and won't be the only one! Not me this year, but some other year, I'll try.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to upgrade to a baby grand/grand piano by Jeff Clef @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

hi hello Ten grand is a figure I've heard more than a few times from first-time piano buyers who want a grand. It certainly seems like a round sum to people who haven't totally lost sight of the value of money. It doesn't grow on my trees, anyway.
Page 8 of 31 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Does someone know the exact title of this piece???
by Amrei
01/23/17 06:36 AM
pyramid piano
by phantomFive
01/23/17 02:51 AM
24 bit midi resolution
by Bachus
01/23/17 01:24 AM
The end of our piano search
by Pneuma
01/23/17 12:53 AM
Suggestions for contemporary piano pieces?
by piano2002
01/22/17 10:41 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,345 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,960 Topics
2,591,341 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission