Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
131 registered (accordeur, Achilleas, ajames, acollins, 32 invisible), 1919 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At 100 years old, she says music keeps her well by backto_study_piano @ Today at 12:06 AM

[duplicate post]
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C? by Derulux @ Today at 12:06 AM

I think you mean 1423? If so, I'm familiar with both the K333 example here and K310. Like Mark, I wouldn't advocate 2323 though I have used it under similar improvisational circumstances. It is audibly different, and much harder to play in a figur
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At 100 years old, she says music keeps her well by backto_study_piano @ Today at 12:05 AM

Where's the "LIKE" button when you need it?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte Initial Reactions by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Can't express how stoked I am to see Kurzweil back in the game with a high end board like the Forte. We had a K250 at school when I was studying, so amazing to play. I ran out and picked up a K1000 when it came out just to have that sample library,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer felt repairs. Advice Please by harpon @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Heres a whole upright set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upright-Piano-Ha...=item462cdfa18a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer felt repairs. Advice Please by harpon @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solid-Wood-Uprig...=item2ed5b26190 You can get these on ebay from china Right now this bass size seems to be the only one listed, but I've seen some high trebles from their listed with Asian hammer butts and shanks all for 5
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer felt repairs. Advice Please by Beachdingo @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

Thanks for sharing Harpon, from reviewing much of the other threads I see there are not very many helpful posters on this site, mostly self/industry promotion, very sad to see. I have never seen a more negative unhelpful forum on the entire internet.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Call me irresponsible.... by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

O.K. You're irresponsible.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Call me irresponsible.... by harpon @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

I've gotten some good result and probably set back a key bushing re-felting with a simple drop of glue in the worn bushing cavity.. The piano has bushing wear more pronounced in the middle of the keyboard, like most I suppose, simply because those k
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what's the best price for a ritmuller 188r? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonathan AlfordOriginally Posted By: zhengy4same city free shipping, 1 free tuning, only two stairs. before tax price. So it seems I can go for $12500 maybe.... I know nothing of the cost to the dealer for the piano, but kee
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what's the best price for a ritmuller 188r? by TBell @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Norbert"Best price" is something you negotiate with your dealer - not on the internet with strangers. Nobert Who left you in charge of what questions the OP can ask via the internet? Nobody......
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what's the best price for a ritmuller 188r? by Jonathan Alford @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: zhengy4same city free shipping, 1 free tuning, only two stairs. before tax price. So it seems I can go for $12500 maybe.... I know nothing of the cost to the dealer for the piano, but keep the following in mind. 1 - no
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keyframe corner rounded at una corda spring contact by Dale Fox @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: sopranojam85The back corner of my Harman-Peck grand keyframe is rounded where it meets the back of the una corda spring. (Note that on this piano, the una corda spring is in the bass side, and so the keyframe moves to the left w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ask Santa for piano music? by jotur @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

I haven't asked for sheet music, but I did put a back-up power supply for keyboard on my list this year. I had one for several years, and last spring when one went dead during a jam session I just pulled a new one out of my gig bag. So it was nice to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what's the best price for a ritmuller 188r? by zhengy4 @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

same city free shipping, 1 free tuning, only two stairs. before tax price. So it seems I can go for $12500 maybe....
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer felt repairs. Advice Please by harpon @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

I have two hammers that have separated pretty bad on my 1980 Baldwin Hamilton. Others have smaller cracks I hope to seal very soon in hopes that nothing worse starts. Florida is hot and VERY humid, and I bought it from a dealer selling pianos out of
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by Arizona Sage @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Here's another short improvisation. https://soundcloud.com/kevin-sage/mote-of-dust Thanks for listening!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: questions about tuning the top octave by prout @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Richard ParksIt was said: Quote: However, as a tuning examiner for PTG I have seen people who have been working as professionals for years, literally bomb the exam and then go back to tuning clients pianos. I would like to k
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3? by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'd like to ask for people's thoughts on purchasing my first acoustic piano. Initially I was looking at purchasing a used U1/U3 from the early 80's. It fits in my budget and they seem to get very strong reviews from pe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing piano without a piano by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

First of all thank you for serving in the armed forces. I am sure a small keyboard could be accommodated somehow. The best pianist I know practiced fingering on a cardboard keyboard made for her by her father. They couldn't afford a piano!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning on a digital by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

I think your point that manufacturers presume that their consumers are mere "hobbyists" is valid, and also distressing, because I cannot believe that the technology is so complex that the matters of weighting and sensors cannot be better ad
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Compare Steinway, Estonia & Shigeru Kawai by Nxwang @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Thanks a lot to everyone! My son likes larger Estonia too but it is too big. We don't have large living room so I think under 6' will be better. We will go again and let him choose which one he wants. I am just wondering, will that be ok if I a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hamelin plays Gershwin by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Thank you!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning on a digital by keystring @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

Besides the weighting of hammer action, however, there are the sensors - I think this is an important point. The reason for pressing a piano key is for the purpose of producing a sound. Even if the keys are exquisitely weighted and have a believabl
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning on a digital by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: keystringJonathan, I have a digital piano, and for this part "overplaying the key depth" I can see it because we don't really have a choice. Most digitals are set up in such a way that the sensors only register when t
Page 8 of 27 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26 27 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Thoughts on Sound Imagination and Tone production
by music32
Today at 02:02 PM
The DGX 650 Club
by beebop
Today at 01:13 PM
You must remember this...
by pianoloverus
Today at 11:00 AM
Best way to learn Czerny
by Medden
Today at 10:47 AM
Setting up the room
by cullam
Today at 10:18 AM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159317 Topics
2340311 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission