Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Painting Piano Keys by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

Ah yes, your talking my language. One suggestion I would make, is just paint the top of the sharp red. I did this about a month ago. Looks classy! For my experiment I used Rustoleum in a spray can. Sanding with 600 between coats.
Jump to new posts Re: Painting Piano Keys by Eric Gloo @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

This forum deals with acoustic pianos. Try the digital piano forum. Good luck! Here's a link to the forum: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/6/1/Digital_Pianos_-_Synths_&a.html
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveAs a counterpoint to what everyone else is saying, I would say it's not necessary to practice scales until you understand their purpose. If you don't want to, then practice real music until you do want to.Very young p
Jump to new posts Painting Piano Keys by imustlearn @ Yesterday at 06:00 PM

Hi guys and gals Not sure if this is the right area to post query. But has anyone painted their piano keys before ? I was thinking about painting all the black keys red . There's wasn't much info I could find online apart from people advising not
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by PianoManChuck @ Yesterday at 05:50 PM

I actually put together videos that cover ALL of the samples of the ENTIRE Kurzweil Forte Keyboard. The playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4lH80nobNBJJ-uGWwNqWlyUv4jFfxLap Enjoy!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN--RENNER ACTION? by prout @ Yesterday at 05:50 PM

Birdstrike protection is important for pianos and pianists as well, especially when performing outside under trees.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for technique criticism (video included) by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas MihailaI'm sorry for not replying sooner. I've been pretty busy between work and school. I read through the new posts a few days ago and have been making adjustments in my playing. I really appreciate the feedback. It's
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by beethoven986 @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Hahahaha. No. Four is, like, my max. 16? I'd die of boredom before I ever got a physical injury from doing that job.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 05:38 PM

As a counterpoint to what everyone else is saying, I would say it's not necessary to practice scales until you understand their purpose. If you don't want to, then practice real music until you do want to. Usually people don't want to practice scale
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Kawai MP7: Damper controller - bug or feature? by Banshee @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

There is a certain behaviour concerning the MP7 damper pedal you might find irritating, but I am not sure whether it's a glitch in the firmware or intended somehow..: Setup: - Kawai MP7 v1.05 - Damper Pedal F-10H connected - no other controllers con
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 'Classical music revamps image to attract younger audience' by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: anamnesisThere's a connection between physical motion and music, and classical music will only move forward once we accept this. As a performer, the first thing you must learn, is that the non-playing audience, will NEVER experi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Pianniversary by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

happy pianniversary and may there be many more
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do steinways survive tropical climates? by prout @ Yesterday at 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonathan BakerOriginally Posted By: Mta88Should I be concerned with over drying the insides of my piano with the heating rod alone? I would be interested in seeing an objective test of the efficacy of the heating rods in elimi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do steinways survive tropical climates? by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Mta88Should I be concerned with over drying the insides of my piano with the heating rod alone? I would be interested in seeing an objective test of the efficacy of the heating rods in eliminating humidity. I understand the th
Piano Forum
Thank you Guyl The Erard appears to have been sold to: "Messrs. Mati & Company - Furniture of Style". Now the research begins to fill in the blanks from March 1903 to 1947.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts MX100A Disklavier Field Service Manual-Wanted by Shacky @ Yesterday at 05:12 PM

Not sure if this is the forum to put this in, but I searched a found one similar thread 10 years ago in this forum, so here goes. Just wondering if anyone has a printed or digital manual that I could acquire. Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN--RENNER ACTION? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 05:08 PM

That new Pratt & Whitney high-bypass ratio turbofan action...it repeats 11,000 times faster than any other and can absorb a birdstrike. Perfect for Messiaen.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

- the last beat is strict 1/8th notes
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 05:02 PM

to follow PP again, is this readable? If not, I'll bow out..
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Update on new piece, your input is welcomed. by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas MihailaDo you have any videos of it being played? I can't record anything right now, but this is my personal reference video I made just so I have my ideas recorded in case I forget or lose my notes. I clipped away
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve ChandlerOriginally Posted By: dire tonic - if I've disrupted the natural flow, feel free to leap-frog my 2 bars and pick from PP's diminished! My issue is less with the natural flow than with the general unreadabilty of w
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dire tonic - if I've disrupted the natural flow, feel free to leap-frog my 2 bars and pick from PP's diminished! My issue is less with the natural flow than with the general unreadabilty of what you posted. What the others post
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by Hakki @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: rovIs it really necessary to practice scales?, do the really help technique?. How much should you practice them per day and how?. thanks a lot!! No. No. None. N/A You are welcome. Btw, it isn't necessary to drink water.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by larryz @ Yesterday at 04:50 PM

Here comes the canon
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts canon by larryz @ Yesterday at 04:49 PM

asdf
Page 8 of 31 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30 31 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Original method for harmonic hearing development
by Nahum
Today at 03:19 AM
First Digital Piano - Advice needed
by chicobalay
Today at 02:37 AM
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
Who's Online
64 registered (beeboss, 36251, András Lieber, angga888, 14 invisible), 1084 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158395 Topics
2325953 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission