Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
106 registered (A Guy, anamnesis, AB Forum Recital, Almaviva, ajames, 30 invisible), 1388 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by bennevis @ Today at 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_gregOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: laguna_greg All the more reason not to emulate Lupu, don't you think? If Lupu uses the chair with the back to help him with his back pain, I think that's a good
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 - opinions by Hendrik42 @ Today at 02:56 PM

To correct my statement from above: the 535 has technically a better action than the 525, although its NOT about having three sensors, the 525 already had that. The 535 has GH3X, the 525 the previous generation GH3 (without X).
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (updated pics) by chopin_r_us @ Today at 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: DeadPoetsAny thoughts on this inclined bench Yep, that's the business!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Where is Mark C? by Damon @ Today at 02:49 PM

It just seems like he's gone because he doesn't post 200 times a day anymore.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated notes technique by DanS @ Today at 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_gregOriginally Posted By: DanSTry keeping your forearm and hand as relaxed as possible. You can practice with and without accents, but don't use weight to accent, just finger. Also, and this one helped me a lot, make su
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by harpon @ Today at 02:45 PM

pipe dreams of German soldiers dancing through your heads. prove them.
Jump to new posts Re: Uninspired by my MP11 by lophiomys @ Today at 02:45 PM

I have the same issues with my Kawai MP7, written and winged about at many occasions. For me and especially with my headphones the Concert Grand is too bright around F#5, also having some annoying artifacts in the sound. With the Mellow Grand I coul
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated notes technique by bennevis @ Today at 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad HoehneOriginally Posted By: JohnSprung I agree with Greg that flexion is the more efficient idea. Instead of 3-2-1, I prefer 4-3-2 or 5-4-3-2, depending how many in a row I need. The thumb is just in the wrong place to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ Today at 02:39 PM

Thanks Greener! You have a great weekend as well.
Jump to new posts Re: Age of tech vs. quality level for a DP? by Jytte @ Today at 02:38 PM

JeepnHeel, welcome here. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. I think with the recommendation to exercise fingers and your wife's interest in piano, it's a perfect solution. There will be a lot of people here in the digital forum much bet
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann PE 187 vs Ronisch 186 vs Yamaha C3x by Norbert @ Today at 02:35 PM

deleted
Jump to new posts Re: Uninspired by my MP11 by OneWatt @ Today at 02:34 PM

Markarian - I've got an MP7, so while your MP11 has a nicely improved world class action, I believe the sounds for piano are otherwise identical between the two models. I also have an acoustic grand downstairs (Boston, not Steinway!) but I tend to a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by findingnemo2010 @ Today at 02:32 PM

Still having a very hard time slowing my mind down and being more mindful!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! I WANA SCREAM!!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by wouter79 @ Today at 02:32 PM

Yes many players of the recital have this red dot problem. I think the main problem is that people start to listen more critically once the recorder starts. That changes your playing (more tension etc) and undermines your confidence. And yes the su
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by Jonathan Baker @ Today at 02:28 PM

bjor - You make ad hominem attacks of "snobbism" against me without making a substantive argument in favor of your tin god. That is a diversionary tactic that does not work with me. There are aspects of Gould's playing I find very interes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Project Scriabin by Pathbreaker @ Today at 02:25 PM

I looked through the Op. 2/1 at some point. I had a similar reaction: Beautiful, manageable. My problem with it is that it just seems excessively sentimental in the most gloomy sort of way. It is unbalanced because of this. I can't imagine a situatio
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Shorter Solo Works - Editions? by pianoloverus @ Today at 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusI think that good and heavily edited editions(in terms of fingering and pedaling)are far superior for most students. Yes. We wouldn't want students thinking about the music for thems
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA95sb arrived by barbaram @ Today at 02:22 PM

Lovely, congratulations! Hope you got lots and lots of enjoyment with it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated notes technique by Brad Hoehne @ Today at 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprung I agree with Greg that flexion is the more efficient idea. Instead of 3-2-1, I prefer 4-3-2 or 5-4-3-2, depending how many in a row I need. The thumb is just in the wrong place to be useful here. This was my
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by chopin_r_us @ Today at 02:12 PM

Fantastic is a good description of his playing but in my book that's not a good thing. Interpretation also requires substance.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin finally at home in Brazil by Nick Mauel @ Today at 02:12 PM

The underside of the lid is also Macassar Ebony:
Jump to new posts Age of tech vs. quality level for a DP? by JeepnHeel @ Today at 02:09 PM

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question, but due to family health issues I find myself going through a crash course on DPs. My wife was recently diagnosed with MS, affecting the sensitivity in fingers, and the recommendation is to exercise t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Sonata 30 by George Miller155 @ Today at 02:06 PM

Okay good news...I got it down. I haven't yet perfected the changing dynamics but besides that it is pretty good.
Jump to new posts Re: Travel Keyboard by anotherscott @ Today at 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Scott HamlinYou are correct on the positioning: with the controls on the left side of the Xkey will have a small "gap" as seen here. and also redundant C keys in the middle. I think it's useful only if each hand's p
Jump to new posts Re: Travel Keyboard by Markarian @ Today at 01:58 PM

I keep a CME XKey25 in my laptop bag and when I jam at my friend's place, I bring a Korg Kross 61. The latter is battery powered!
Page 8 of 35 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 35 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recital 37 --- Call For Submissions
by AB Forum Recital
01/31/15 10:45 PM
Music to my ears
by chasingrainbows
01/31/15 08:56 PM
Kawai - Keyboard Metronomes... the good the bad and the ugly
by OneWatt
01/31/15 07:34 PM
New Schimmel with problems
by Karri
01/31/15 07:29 PM
Just a Tuner?
by UnrightTooner
01/31/15 07:10 PM
Forum Stats
77944 Members
42 Forums
161101 Topics
2366582 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission