Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: External Powered Speakers for Yamaha Clavinova by eighty80eights8s @ Today at 10:14 AM

The speaker is connected to the unamplified AUX line out marked L/L+R via standard unbalanced phone plug cord 6 feet in length.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Marche Funèbre d'une Marionette by Minnesota Marty @ Today at 10:09 AM

I just wanted to say farewell to all of my friends at Piano World.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and groggy by fizikisto @ Today at 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By: 255You should only force yourself to sit at the bench and play the first note. Then it should comes natural and you should be focused. If not, try again later. +1
Jump to new posts Re: Postings in this forum by fizikisto @ Today at 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: casinitalyWe're actually pretty good about catching folks who try to register twice. It is a definite no-no on this site and does qualify the guilty party for instant banishment. Does that happen a lot? Why would someone ev
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who invented the Compression Soundboard? by Olek @ Today at 10:02 AM

4 different ways . +- use of panel elasticity
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: rnaple Originally Posted By: malkinI think she generally stays at a slightly better class of hotel than I do. But they don't leave a light on like they do for us. Right, and if any of the guests at our place were playing a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How is this possible? by 255 @ Today at 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By: kaangunerIt's just that I'm not motivated to do anything other than this piece. I was also like you but it's so wrong.
Jump to new posts Re: Postings in this forum by voxpops @ Today at 09:54 AM

Is it you, doremi(s)? To be honest, after a while, I find that I can guess who's posting just from their writing style, without looking at their handle. However, some people may have deeper mood swings from day to day, which could limit one's abil
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Brian LucasOriginally Posted By: keystringI prefer things to be as connected to real things - things we experience and hear in music - as much as possible. It makes them easier to remember, and if I forget, I can recreate or re
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and groggy by 255 @ Today at 09:51 AM

You should only force yourself to sit at the bench and play the first note. Then it should comes natural and you should be focused. If not, try again later. Forcing yourself during the entire practicing it's a pain and it's counterproductive.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and groggy by fizikisto @ Today at 09:48 AM

Yes, I would say that "it depends." I would never try to work on something new if my body/mind weren't ready. Practicing badly leads to playing badly imo. However, I can almost always do *something*. I can work on old repertoire, or s
Adult Beginners Forum
I guess this is something to talk about? What piano player wouldn't be happy with a nice acoustic grand in his/her hotel room? Ya know that Gaga was with that same producer who has da Beiber. She walked out on him to this guy who she just separated
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading problems by eirikg @ Today at 09:39 AM

I've just played the piano for about a year, so dont take me too seriously. I still can't sight read as good as I want too, but I still have some tips. First, you should sightread every single day. It doesn't need to be a whole piece but it should be
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: MorodieneKind of cool, but it doesn't help you remember the order of sharps or flats, only the number of accidentals in a key. Have anything cool for that? Sure. I have another keyboard visualisation I use. I'll draw it and pos
Jump to new posts Re: Who invented the Compression Soundboard? by chernobieff @ Today at 09:28 AM

Quote:Whether or not this is the best way to build a piano soundboard system remains debatable. ddf Del, How many systems are there, and which do you believe are in contention?
Jump to new posts Re: Who invented the Compression Soundboard? by Olek @ Today at 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: ChickGrandI don't know, but I think rib-crowning is even more clever. making the ribs responsible for the elasticity/resilience of the assembly ? One need to think twice about that aspect in regard of the amount of solicitati
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: malkinNow if you came up with a magical system so that I could PLAY all the scales accurately, smoothly, and with correct fingerings, THAT would be something I'd be interested in! Yes, I also have a magical musical method of und
Adult Beginners Forum
malkin There is a system for that! Unfortunately it sounds a lot like "practice"
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by Michael Sayers @ Today at 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: Michael SayersHi Nikolas, I think having a contrarian around is useful in that this often gives a voice to things many persons who are silent want to say. Maybe the "annoyance" stems
Jump to new posts Re: easy to move keyboard by anotherscott @ Today at 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: analaranaDo you really have to take your own stand and speakers? Originally Posted By: analaranaI'll be playing in a band If the band you're playing with has a PA and monitor system that you can plug your keyboard into, you m
Jump to new posts Re: Postings in this forum by doremi @ Today at 09:09 AM

KJ, it is not you nor the other names mentioned so far. Folks, just be perceptive about inconstencies in writing styles and backgrounds of posters. Not amused about ghostwriters
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: rovHi, I have a question: Are injuries the result of bad technique or over practicing?. I practice 6 hours a day every week and I rest very little, sometimes my hands hurt, is this the result of bad technique or playing too much
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pletnev - Poise under duress by boo1234 @ Today at 09:01 AM

What is he playing? I am not familiar with this work.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Liszt Mephisto Waltz 1 by BachMach2 @ Today at 08:59 AM

This has "moved along" since my last presentation. I hope you all like it. Liszt Mephisto Waltz 1 https://app.box.com/s/4tb3x12yc0vo275oc50i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pletnev - Poise under duress by vers la flan @ Today at 08:57 AM

Hi DameMyra and BruceD, To confirm, the anomaly to which I was referring is indeed in number 5. As DameMyra inferred, there are a number of places where Pletnev veers from the score and I wonder if he was just generally having an off day, and also
Page 8 of 26 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 26 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
DEBUSSY- 'The terrace for moonlit audiences'
by Hal Freedman
09/21/14 07:49 PM
Baldwin PS2500 ram battery
by mooh320ps
09/21/14 07:47 PM
height of piano bench
by EBB
09/21/14 07:43 PM
Tuning a 1977 Yamaha G2-Koval EQ/Koval Avg, Ipad 2 Verituner
by Grandpianoman
09/21/14 06:41 PM
Darrell Fandrich is Well
by chernobieff
09/21/14 06:04 PM
Who's Online
106 registered (Auntie Lynn, accordeur, anotherscott, 32 invisible), 1158 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76281 Members
42 Forums
157677 Topics
2316003 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission