Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
154 registered (36251, accordeur, ajames, A-Tom, A Guy, 42 invisible), 1824 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Questions for pianists (mainly for pros) by pianolearnerstride @ Today at 09:53 AM

Thanks for the replies!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone want to take over the Piano Clues website? by Pathbreaker @ Today at 09:53 AM

Sounds like a great result, glad to hear it!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Happy Hanukkah! by Retsacnal @ Today at 09:53 AM

How about a Hanukkah thread? Last night began the Festival of Lights! Is anyone's piano decorated for Hanukkah?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Questions for pianists (mainly for pros) by gooddog @ Today at 09:48 AM

My teacher recommends pieces that will challenge me, to advance my playing. Often, these are pieces that directly target my foibles. Since I will be living with these pieces for months, I choose which one or two I like the best. And, no, I do not pla
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by Swarth @ Today at 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By: malkinYour post reminds me of the "emergency" phone call I got from school when my 5th grade-ballet dancing daughter was in the principal's office because she had kicked a boy in the head! He deserved it--He said tha
Adult Beginners Forum
If it was a practice session there would normally be mistakes. Hopefully those who made the mistakes will learn from them and practice more, BUT even with a lot of practice mistakes happen. As long as they continue through the mistake and finish it r
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
If you're going to play futurist how about a device which creates a bubble which traps sound.. so you can play an acoustic during the times and places you'd normally have to play a digital on headphones. Heck even if I was using a digital I'd want s
Adult Beginners Forum
Edited to remove self - advertising post
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: hoolaI have no intention to bash Estonia brand at all, I only want to add more arguments so we can observe a subject from different angles, especially when our friend Norbert talked about Soviet period Estonia. I really don't
Jump to new posts Re: Unimpressed with Yamaha N1 by 36251 @ Today at 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Beemer36251, My OP discussed the N1 action not its voices. Were you implying that for you the N1 has a better action than your K model (circa 1930?) had? Was the K fully regulated? I agree that playing an instrument over a
Jump to new posts Re: Unimpressed with Yamaha N1 by leafhound @ Today at 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: lolatuI played the N1 in the same showroom as the latest Roland, Kawai and Yamaha offerings, and my impression was that it was leagues ahead of everything else. Utter nonesense, a proper pp and ffff can't even be acheived on
Composer's Lounge
The idea, as I understand it and experience it, is that multi-movement pieces like sonatas and symphonies are intended to feel like they belong together, and in the sequence in which they are written. They are a series of musical events that work to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2:1 Octaves in the high treble by rxd @ Today at 09:21 AM

......lest it sound flat to whom?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Piano Tastings Ep. 6: The Cunningham Composer by Hugh Sung @ Today at 09:21 AM

What do you get when you combine an acoustic grand piano with a digital audio workstation outfitted with a touchscreen Mac? The Cunningham Composer! In this episode, we visit the home of a new owner of one of these custom pianos and explore wh
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: removing case parts and organizing screws by ssenseney @ Today at 09:17 AM

I often use the Blue masking tape to tape the screws inside the casework close to where the screw belongs. Of course, I take digital pictures often so I can reference what the piano looked like before I took it apart.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do YOU count? by Pathbreaker @ Today at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: ArghhhI've watched beginners counting 1&2&3&, and it seems to me they just get bogged down in counting all the "ands" and lose the basic beats. I've even seen them writing 1&2&3& from the first
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestion for Frank by Steve Cohen @ Today at 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By: andoI'm sorry to say thatI had to block the Hailun ad - it was that problematic for page loading. Everything works fine now so it was definitely that banner ad. How did you block the ad?
I just recently had a drastic change in my opinion of top-of-the-line Roland actions (PHA-4, PHA III, Ivory Feel-S). While I still find them to be extremely responsive, easy to repeat notes, and to have a nice feel as they are depressed, I find that
Adult Beginners Forum
TL;DR means "Too Long; Didn't Read".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by barbaram @ Today at 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By: rintincop “Practicing piano should be an enjoyable experience.” 1.) "Reality: Real practicing is very, very tedious and boring. . Very interesting article & some really great discussion, so thanks to rintincop for p
Jump to new posts Re: Unimpressed with Yamaha N1 by Beemer @ Today at 09:10 AM

36251, My OP discussed the N1 action not its voices. Were you implying that for you the N1 has a better action than your K model (circa 1930?) had? Was the K fully regulated? I agree that playing an instrument over a much longer period is the be
Jump to new posts Re: Unimpressed with Yamaha N1 by lolatu @ Today at 09:10 AM

I played the N1 in the same showroom as the latest Roland, Kawai and Yamaha offerings, and my impression was that it was leagues ahead of everything else. On the downside it is too big, heavy and expensive for me to consider getting at present.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by TimR @ Today at 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: keystring I've extrapolated for myself that a lot of things in modern life are boring because they are so superficial, and that they don't need to be. I think you may be right. I also suspect superficial can be external (how
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano - future specs - what is your request? by anotherscott @ Today at 09:08 AM

Yeah, to get "the best" today, pick your favorite action, and dedicate a high-end computer to it for the software of your choice. I think for most people, buying a DP *at all* is a matter of portability/size and/or budget. So once you elim
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestion for Frank by ando @ Today at 09:05 AM

I'm sorry to say thatI had to block the Hailun ad - it was that problematic for page loading. Everything works fine now so it was definitely that banner ad.
Page 8 of 36 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35 36 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Good Practice Amp for Roland FP7F?
by TheloniousPunk
12/17/14 04:24 PM
Kawai
by daz100
12/17/14 04:10 PM
New at the forum and some questions
by Kua
12/17/14 03:31 PM
It's Beethoven's birthday today...
by Polyphonist
12/17/14 03:12 PM
Elbow pain
by acollins
12/17/14 12:49 PM
Forum Stats
77325 Members
42 Forums
159942 Topics
2348821 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission