Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
151 registered (ando, acortot, Alexander Borro, Anita Potter, AllanH, 38 invisible), 1468 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kohler and Campbell SKG-600s opinions please by ThePawn @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Hi Everyone, I have identified this grand piano candidate about an hour away from where I live on Craigslist. The ad states that the serial number is inig0482 from 1994. This piano would not be my forever piano obviously but it appears to be in gr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by toyboy @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only skeptic. It IS hard to really hear anything in the video. I suppose you have to take him at his word that the notes are clearer. But throughout it all I couldn't help thinking what's so bad about "blending"
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where does Schumann's Siciliana end? by DameMyra @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

Ending on m.16 (second ending) seems very "Schumann" (abrupt, strange, unsatisying, mystifying) to me.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Costco Canada sometimes has good deals on low end Casio digital pianos. Also check the used market, refurbished units, demo units. If you are near a big city, some of the bigger stores may sell used equipment on consignment.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Nice story UnderConstuction and a cautionary tale not to go too cheap on the first piano.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Composing a Waltz by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By Nikolaskeep it at 3/4 (otherwise it's not a waltz anymore)... I agree with you, but didn't Tchaikovsky write a waltz in 5/4? Sorry, don't mean to be a curmudgeon.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different action in piano by mp69 @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

Thanks for the replies. However... I removed the soundboard today and just finished cleaning the rim of the case of any residual soundboard wood and glue. I know that a crack in the soundboard wasn't the end, since I was replacing so much already I
Guitar Center has the Casio CDP-130 for $299.99. It's probably comparable to the P35 and may be a viable option as well.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How about SONY HDR-MV1 (Music Video Recorder)? by Piano_Brazil @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By Hakki For external mics I use and advice a matched pair of Rode NT5 condenser mics with Omni capsules (or two matched NT55 mics, which has multiple patterns). Of course you will need mic booms too. Hakki, Could you explain th
Tempting. I wish duty fees and brokerage weren't so damn high from the US to up here. Looks like a nice unit. hard to dismiss a Yamaha.
Jump to new posts Re: Great tuning but did not last by JIMBOB @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

You did not indicate where the piano was pitch wise when you started in other words where was A 4 against a tuning fork or the ETD ? Perhaps the piano needed some pitch work before the fine tuning to get it in the ball park and even out the tension
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "cuivrez" dirin Messiaen by Eric NYC @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Thanks. "Brassy" makes sense. At least a little, I guess. The piece is titled "the intanglble sounds of the dream" and I suppose that people hear all sorts of sounds in their dreams. wr: Thanks for the link to the Dolmetsch di
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Where does Schumann's Siciliana end? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

I'm teaching this piece right now, just working from my Henle Urtext, and had no idea there was any doubt about the location of the Schluss. Thanks for bringing that up. I did think it was interesting that it doesn't end on the tonic. (The only sect
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by jotur @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Thanks, Whizbang
Jump to new posts Re: String covers? by JIMBOB @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

Try Dawson String Covers in Florida
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Zerlina @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

I'm up to 9 now: 1. Allemande 2. Baroque March 3. The Russian Bear 4. Petite Classique 5. Round Dance 6. Carefree Stroll 7. Surfboard Boogie ______________________________ 8. Minuet (Rameau) 9. On a Grecian Isle I just got the Clavinova today so I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stage fright....(and all that jazz) by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogOne more piece of advice: stay away from other performers who are nervous. Nerves are catching! , but suppose the other performer has the remaining 2 hands in the Mozart K521 for 4 hands? We played it at an informal u
You don't have to go too much further up from $300 to get something proper. Yamaha P45 is $449. Wait another month or two and save a few more dollars for a decent action. Or, if you move quick, pick up a B-Stock P35 for $369.99. Apparently 11
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Piano Texas, anyone? by ec @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Reading the post by TwoSnowflakes about Curtis piano camp inspired me to ask: is anyone out there going to Piano Texas at TCU this year? Only 15 more sleeps for us Active Observers (we are celebrating "The Poet of the Piano", Chopin, so i
Jump to new posts Re: Line-outs by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

This topic comes up from time to time... here is an excellent article from Sweetwater on the topic of using a Headphone Out as Stereo Line Outs. In a nutshell, most headphone amps (and I'd say all of them on digital pianos) operate within the imp
While I plan on studying and practicing on an upright, I would love to use an 88 key midi keyboard interface when I mess around in Reaper (my favorite DAW). I know that you get what you pay for, but is there anything out there for about $300 that do
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "cuivrez" dirin Messiaen by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

It reminds me a little bit of some bizarre indications occasionally found in Debussy. However, it is clear what is meant, as the OP understood too.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by BDB @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

The BBC has an article with a video. I am afraid I cannot hear much of a difference from other pianos.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice about Yamaha upright piano by babybearyan @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

Yes, I think you are right. I just checked model YUX. It seems that it's a good piano. Would you mind giving me more advice about this piano compare to U3 and do you think $3200 is a fair price for it? Thanks.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reverie Debussy; Measure 19 Chord span is too wide for me by bananasushi @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

Thank you. Good point!
Page 8 of 33 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 32 33 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can someone tell me if the piano will fit?
by Catcatcat
05/27/15 09:24 AM
Follow-up on the Ukrainian satirist's Toronto concerts
by wr
05/27/15 09:22 AM
Pentatonics, side slipping, planing, modal and so "fourth"
by KlinkKlonk
05/27/15 08:14 AM
Is Yamaha CVP-609 better than the best of Kawai and Roland?
by viettube22
05/27/15 04:48 AM
Eric Heidsieck Chopin recordings removed from Youtube
by Opus_Maximus
05/27/15 03:10 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,428 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,372 Topics
2,411,031 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission