Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
113 registered (Almaviva, ando, augustm, artseattle, accordeur, ADWyatt, 24 invisible), 1932 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By WhizbangOriginally Posted By ShiroKuroI hope some other people (Sam?) who have played for a long time will look at it, I'm curious what you think about the vertical distance it takes on the page. As a long time reader, it's har
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why No Comment on Pearl River's takeover of Schimmel? by Almaviva @ 6 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By PianogrlNWWho is Pearl River and what does this mean - the implications? I own a Schimmel so am interested in this development. Pearl River Piano Group, based in Guangzhou, China, is the largest piano manufacturer in the world.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ShiroKuroI hope some other people (Sam?) who have played for a long time will look at it, I'm curious what you think about the vertical distance it takes on the page. As a long time reader, it's hard to make any unbiased compar
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts How much of the "best piano" debate is confirmation bias? by Piano90X @ 13 minutes 25 seconds ago

I'm relatively new to participating in this forum, but I've been reading it for years, and I have never seen a comment from someone who spent a significant amount of money on a piano and who later regretted it. And it makes perfect sense. When you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music reading is easy, teachers agree. But can it be easier? by bSharp[C]yclist @ 21 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By ShiroKuroQuote:That would confuse me. I see spaces between notes (because of the black keys) and I would think of them as a thirds. During my sight reading exercises I'm focusing on seeing relationships between notes. bSharp, I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do I still need my digital piano by Piano90X @ 22 minutes 17 seconds ago

I decided to keep my Yamaha P-95 even after upgrading to an acoustic for a few reasons: (1) It is really nice to plug in the headphones and practice when it is late and everyone else in the house is asleep. (2) I like the MIDI ports because they ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music reading is easy, teachers agree. But can it be easier? by dogperson @ 28 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By ShiroKuroOriginally Posted By Sam SIt seems to be a solution where there is no problem, only a difficulty. Instead of overcoming the difficulty (learning to read music), a new solution is invented. A solution that would alienate
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music reading is easy, teachers agree. But can it be easier? by ShiroKuro @ 30 minutes 28 seconds ago

For people who haven't visited Mr. Hao's page, you can go here and get a free started pack with a sample of some simple scores: http://haostaff.com/store/index.php?main_page=how_to_buy I hope some other people (Sam?) who have played for a long time
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by SadieLady @ 30 minutes 37 seconds ago

I got a Zoom H4n recorder; this is my first time using it. I understand the "flashing red dot" anxiety and also hearing every mistake Updating my list. Added: 26 Books I use Alfred's Greatest Hits (AGH) Bastien Classic Themes (BCT) John S
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Joplin Recital! by Beemer @ 31 minutes 4 seconds ago

Whizbang, I learned something new from you regarding the speed of piano rolls. I did not realise that the speed depended on how fast you pumped your feet like a harmonium. Were Joplin's piano rolls made on a player piano or a reproducing piano? R
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT Required note/chord by Charles Cohen @ 33 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By JimFOne of my labs likes to sing along with min7 and dim7's. He also loves rolled chords and most Debussy and Ravel. πŸŽΆπŸŽΉπŸ•πŸ˜Ž Labs are usually smart -- this one has good taste, as well!<g>
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is listening to Spotify (etc.) morally dubious? by wouter79 @ 35 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Nikolas Now I'm off to listen to some music of my own! At least that's free and legally so! Not really free, I think you already paid copyright fees for the media that holds your file ...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do I still need my digital piano by Bellicapelli @ 36 minutes 32 seconds ago

If you didn't use your casio anymore, it looks like you have no other people which might be annoyed by your acoustic, so there looks to be no reason to keep the digital.
Adult Beginners Forum
Good job with the video presentation. Quite enjoyed that. If it helps get more people playing I'm generally for it. Originally Posted By Jeff Hao... I hope some of you teachers here are willing to try to actually teach someone from scratch and give
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: roland lx17 ringing sounds by Charles Cohen @ 40 minutes 53 seconds ago

I've had the same thing happen with Pianoteq. One overtone -- sometimes a pleasant harmonic, sometimes not -- just seems to keep ringing longer that the others. If you try an acoustic piano, note-by-note, you'll hear similar effects. So I assume t
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Sam SIt seems to be a solution where there is no problem, only a difficulty. Instead of overcoming the difficulty (learning to read music), a new solution is invented. A solution that would alienate those who learn it from the re
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by musica71 @ 48 minutes 23 seconds ago

Dr. S, I had a very bad slip in San Diego...really affected me..there were several contributing circumstances..but still, horrifying experience. The Chopin Op. 45 (which is a difficult piece memory wise but I had played it 3 times in the past) I RE
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music reading is easy, teachers agree. But can it be easier? by ShiroKuro @ 48 minutes 28 seconds ago

Quote:That would confuse me. I see spaces between notes (because of the black keys) and I would think of them as a thirds. During my sight reading exercises I'm focusing on seeing relationships between notes. bSharp, I think you and I are talking ab
Jump to new posts Re: Is PioneerVSX-329 good amp for Focusrite and hi-fi speakers? by newer player @ 50 minutes 5 seconds ago

I think you should consider "near-field" monitors. Near-field speakers are designed for setting close to your listening position, such as on top of your desk or digital piano. I would consider some powered monitors like the JBLs noted by
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Play at very fast pace without shifting the beat by rintincop @ 55 minutes 58 seconds ago

Second line is played as fast as Charlie Parker? I don't get that... and clave for playing tempo bebop 300 ? This thread is puzzling...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do I still need my digital piano by StartwithBach @ 56 minutes 24 seconds ago

Hi Maria- it depends. Would a digital piano with headphones be useful to you if you have neighbors nearby or a family who may not want to hear the piano late at night? I live in an apartment and having a digital is essential! I have placed a one-hour
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Working on Liszt's transcendental Etude No.2 Any tips? by Damon @ 59 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By ChopinLives81 I know this post faded away and I assume it's because not too many people here play these pieces My book of the trancendental's are in the most pristine condition. I wish I could help but they are all beyond me
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: [Lucy] A Tear Before Dawn by Beemer @ 59 minutes 58 seconds ago

Better still here: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/6/1/Digital_Pianos_-_Synths_&a.html Ian
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do I still need my digital piano by newbert @ Today at 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By LilrascalI started playing piano about 1 1/2 years ago on a Privia PX850. I was enjoying it so much I recently purchased a Seiler ED126. My question is do I need both a digital and acoustic piano. I haven't touched my digital sin
Jump to new posts Kawai CS11 vs Yamaha N1 or N2 by NFexec @ Today at 12:27 PM

So, I am seriously considering an upper end DP. I know the technical differences among these three models in the subject line, but haven't been able to "test drive" the Kawai yet. As you know, the Avant Grand series are more expensive tha
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 77 78 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How much of the "best piano" debate is confirmation bias?
by Piano90X
9 minutes 10 seconds ago
Kawai CS11 vs Yamaha N1 or N2
by NFexec
58 minutes 23 seconds ago
Do I still need my digital piano
by Lilrascal
Today at 12:09 PM
digital piano standing vertically - is it OK?
by jeroppi
Today at 08:05 AM
roland lx17 ringing sounds
by nelce
Today at 03:12 AM
Forum Stats
84,800 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,799 Topics
2,551,090 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission