Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by SiFi @ 2 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: longyodel127Now could one safely say that the negative is true? That is: Certain pieces that look and sound relatively easy are actually deceptively simple and very difficult to play? If there is an example of such a piece relev
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thread about piano injuries! by phantomFive @ 10 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: outoI did however suffer carpal tunnel symptoms on my first year of playing. It was not solely from playing though, but the combination of bad computer use and heavy practice. Hasn't returned, but I do have to be careful with th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Official: Fryderyk Chopin died of TB! by phantomFive @ 16 minutes 21 seconds ago

Chopin died of a broken heart. Never recovered.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pletnev - Poise under duress by DameMyra @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: vers la flan If you are unfamiliar with the work, did you notice where he slipped? Not exactly sure which slip you are referring to. There are quite a few sprinkled throughout, some are a little more egregious than others.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cable Nelson Upright by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

In any field of human endeavour there is always a learning curve. We have seen, however, that "when you've been an engineer for 30 plus years, minor repairs on pianos don't seem too difficult". I am sure that someone with over 30 years b
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: voxpopsCharles, thanks for your impressions. When you say RD-80, do you actually mean FP-80 (the one with built-in speakers)? Or do you mean the RD-800 stage piano (with no speakers). I assume it's the former, as the latter is a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottOriginally Posted By: Poverit's the first time I ever encountered it. You need cross-rhythm scales. What are those?
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: chernobieff...unless real data is submitted from (anybody), I don't see the validity ... Hi Chris, Some people are more quantitative, some people are more qualitative/intuitive. Its a Myers Briggs thing. You can have valid
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: A443This pianist doesn't specifically read lines or note name, but instead sees the spatial relationships to know what notes need to be played. Since this is the basis, I'm wondering whether this pianist has been given music th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, check out this baby! by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: RealPlayerI loved the P-II pianos that I played. I seriously considered buying one. Action and sound were beautiful. It's a real shame Petrof discontinued the Roman numeral line. They were far more
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: DelIs that grams or ounces? Resonance
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: A443 Not all musicians rely on seeing/counting lines during reading of notes. This has already been established: there are musicians that can quickly differentiate the relationships between notes (e.g., augmented 4th and a perf
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by yeahyeah @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

IMHO, it would be Casio PXA100 / PX150 vs Kawai ES100 for an 8-year old, assuming your son is beginner level. I will just save money in the future for high end models because by that time technology is better and I would let my son decide what he wa
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Ron, we were posting at the same time. I really appreciate your story! I grew up playing on a terrible piano that was in the family and as such, I was doomed to have that as my practice piano...for 10 long years. Any chance I could get to play on a d
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyOriginally Posted By: KurtZOTOH, most of us at least semi-sophisticated and educated reader shed the occasionally excessive hyperbole exhibited by some dealer members (not just E.McM.) without having to demand a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by bolt @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

You can get to know 3 against 4 really well by banging out "pass the g*dd*mn butter" on your legs with both hands. That can be "pass the golden butter" if you don't want the swear word. Someone told this to me on this forum some
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin BB fair price by Piano_Brazil @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

I like the piano a lot - it has an amazing sound and and extremely predictable touch. I have yet to take any pictures or make a video with decent sound quality ( I have been too busy playing it )- but I recorded the 1st movement of Mendelssohn's 1s
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesRon, I'd say a VPC1 is overkill for an 8 year old. It also requires a reasonably high-spec computer with piano software, and speakers. Plus it's not so portable. ...and yes, I do still work for Kawai. Although, I w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisClassical pianists, unlike jazz pianists, will always their offerings compared to that of the great composers that they also play, and almost invariably found wanting. Somehow that did not stop the aggressively combat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by Roland The Beagle @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Divide the beat into 12 equal parts and practice it super slow. It takes awhile, but believe me, the results are worth it. Same is true for other polyrhythms. Of course at some point, you can't use that many equal parts or it will be too fast to c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin BB fair price by lotsofquestions @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Piano_BrazilDear lots, Reviewing your post, I became very curious about how is being your experience with your BB over the last 2 years. Me too own a similar instrument in Brazil, and am delighted with it! Just uploaded a short
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

If it was the RD800, the action is from the PHA-4 series, the same generation as the key bed from the F-130R. It's called the PHA-4 Concert Action. the F-130R has the entry level PHA-4 Standard action. If Charles is shopping at the retailer I think
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: KurtZOTOH, most of us at least semi-sophisticated and educated reader shed the occasionally excessive hyperbole exhibited by some dealer members (not just E.McM.) without having to demand a grand-jury inquest. Let's face it,
Jump to new posts Re: Musescore playing my dp ? by Edtek @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Perhaps you have a reason to use Musescore and Jack but if you just want to play midis on your CVP without loading them, I think there are easy ways to do that if you're using a PC. I use the free VanBasco Midi Player and just tell it to send the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Trinity ATCL exam questions by slava_richter @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

Hi everyone, I am starting to prepare for the Trinity ATCL exam and I have 2 questions: 1) Regarding the pieces, I am thinking of doing 3 Bach Preludes and Fugues (D-minor, G-minor, and A-major from Book 1) and Haydn's C-minor sonata (I've started w
Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 ... 86 87 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Trinity ATCL exam questions
by slava_richter
09/19/14 09:54 PM
JBL LSR305 monitors too noisy for DP usage?
by Emiliano
09/19/14 09:52 PM
Pletnev - Poise under duress
by vers la flan
09/19/14 07:34 PM
Chopin Op 10 No 6
by Cheeto717
09/19/14 07:08 PM
Charles R Walter upright
by landorrano
09/19/14 05:19 PM
Who's Online
97 registered (Al LaPorte, A Guy, andriy555, BB Player, 28 invisible), 1046 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76253 Members
42 Forums
157636 Topics
2315404 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission