Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
97 registered (accordeur, András Lieber, 36251, ando, Adam107, 23 invisible), 1786 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio touch response settings by kaanguner @ 2 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By drewrKaanguner, there are various reasons why a peron might want to tinker with the touch response setting BUT the basic purpose, regardless of brand, is to provide the player with a way to adjust their playing force style so th
Jump to new posts Re: Casio touch response settings by kaanguner @ 3 minutes 31 seconds ago

Main problems with my current settings: The uprights that I have tried seems to get too bright too soon compared to HEAVY settings at PX-150. They felt like my Casio settings were a bit too much for the real thing. As in X amount of force would get
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Who is the best pianist in the world? by John Keller @ 5 minutes 4 seconds ago

The best pianist award goes to Bartolomeo Cristofori for inventing the beautiful unruly siren in the first place. He lives today in every piano made and those who play her.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stride Piano by john f @ 6 minutes 15 seconds ago

When I watch stride piano covers on u tube it appears that most of the right hand is single note melody. Is that the norm or should the melody include the chord also?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pomodoro technique for pianists by pianoloverus @ 17 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By twocatsActually, by posting here on a site with high Google Ranking, they do get something out of it: SEO value. I'd consider this an ad/spam. I doubt the poster had that in mind. Since the site is free, I don't think the post c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by Just Steven @ 19 minutes 33 seconds ago

They are different colors.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RP401r, Casio AP-460 or something else? by Morodiene @ 23 minutes 13 seconds ago

Definitely go with the one that you like the feel of - the Casio. Having more sounds can easily be accommodated in a couple of ways: 1. hook up the DP to a computer and use software instruments to play other sounds 2. get a small keyboard that has
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in G minor by Rachmaninoff: counter melody by pianoloverus @ 27 minutes 52 seconds ago

Use a "light" thumb. But I think if one accents the first two notes in the melody, the listener's ear will naturally help to hear the third note, i.e. complete the melodic line.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital "Grands" by Morodiene @ 39 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Major MajorOriginally Posted By Piano WorldMajor Major, I'm curious what it is you miss about your digital versus your acoustic? I can understand why most would think it a foolish move but I am not completely thrilled with
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by prout @ 43 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By dogpersonOriginally Posted By proutAn excellent question and one often asked. In early keyboard music, the temperaments tuned only sounded good in a few keys related to C. Most music was written in C,G,F,D,Bb,A,Bm. As temperame
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal unequal temperaments by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 44 minutes 53 seconds ago

I have one of Jason Kanter's graphs of the 18th Century temperament, by the way but I will have to post it later. I have to go now and will be out all day. Like I said, it is very close to Thomas Young but slightly irregular from its perfect symmet
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: [Video] Rachmaninoff Prelude Op 23 No 10 in G flat major by decibel101 @ 45 minutes 22 seconds ago

Great tone on that piano! Enjoyed the playing along with your other videos on your channel!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by dogperson @ 47 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By proutAn excellent question and one often asked. In early keyboard music, the temperaments tuned only sounded good in a few keys related to C. Most music was written in C,G,F,D,Bb,A,Bm. As temperaments changed to allow playing i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New baldwin pianos by Just Steven @ 48 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Reaper bond, it was a limited edition as he claimed, silver hardware a den of snakes
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal unequal temperaments by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 48 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By DoelKeesThanks Bill. So why is this 18th century temperament you invented good? What is the shape of the M3s and how narrow are the P5s and what are the offsets? In other words, what's optimal about it, as that is the topic of th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by prout @ Today at 08:10 AM

An excellent question and one often asked. In early keyboard music, the temperaments tuned only sounded good in a few keys related to C. Most music was written in C,G,F,D,Bb,A,Bm. As temperaments changed to allow playing in keys further away (aroun
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: GoPro for Piano Recording by prout @ Today at 08:02 AM

For very adequate recrording, the H2n or its equivalent works extremely well and is inexpensive. Don't be put off by the response curve below 100Hz. It is still good enough given that pianos, even concert grands, produce almost no sound below 60Hz.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by mom3gram @ Today at 07:59 AM

I'm embarrassed to say that I have not really been at the piano from 11/22 to now. I left on the 22nd to go to my son's house for Thanksgiving. Stayed until the following Monday (no piano in the house), and came home sick, catching whatever upper re
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by EP @ Today at 07:47 AM

The course has 4 lesson books and 4 supplementary books with extra music. While you do learn to play what's in the books, the real meat of the course is learning to enhance the music that's written. You could get through the course in a year if you t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts What difference does a key make? by hyena @ Today at 07:42 AM

Obviously, there's a slightly different sound. But what else is the difference between the major keys? I don't mean a C minor compared to C major, but C minor compared to any other natural minor. Or C Major, compared any other Major. But are there a
Jump to new posts Roland RP401r, Casio AP-460 or something else? by András Lieber @ Today at 07:40 AM

Dear Community! I have started playing the piano about two years ago on a Kawai ES100. I just sold that instrument in order to upgrade to a little higher level piece. Primarily in my focus right now are the RP401r and AP460. I really like the touch
Pianist Corner
I'll be attending Trifanov's March 24, 2017 recital in Philadelphia, and will share my feedback with this group.
https://youtu.be/advbOx4eQ2Q new about our grand "Bluthner"
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New baldwin pianos by terminaldegree @ Today at 07:03 AM

Nickel or silver colored hardware is a more recent option on pianos of various price points. It's up to the dealer or customer to decide whether to order a piano that way, if that case hardware finish is possible. I doubt anything else about the pian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by SwissMS @ Today at 06:25 AM

MOYD has a tracker for participants and their excused dates, and I think this thread was patterned after that. I maintain the MOYD, and it does not take much time. That said, I am happy with having a tracker or not having a tracker on this thread. It
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 65 66 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What difference does a key make?
by hyena
12/09/16 07:42 AM
Roland RP401r, Casio AP-460 or something else?
by András Lieber
12/09/16 07:40 AM
Prelude in G minor by Rachmaninoff: counter melody
by symbol60
12/09/16 04:34 AM
Solo Concert at Mezzrow in NYC 11/16
by Dfrankjazz
12/09/16 01:35 AM
New baldwin pianos
by Reaper bond
12/08/16 10:12 PM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,824 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,879 Topics
2,577,318 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission