Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
131 registered (A2mom, anotherscott, albumblatter, ando, Albunea, accordeur, 42 invisible), 1219 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Well, I suddenly got slowed down on "Why am I Blue." I pretty much have the notes down, but my timing is way off, with major hesitations between nearly all the bars. If I remember correctly, I don't think I ever got it fully up to par last
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Unfamiliar concerto at a competition = bad idea? by boo1234 @ 2 minutes 7 seconds ago

I wish they woukd ban certain concertos. Not that i have anything against them, but having all the contestants play the same ones over and over at major competitons again gets old. I'm looking at you rach 2/3, tchaikovsky 1, prokofiev 2&3... Eve
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Casio PX160 observations by Possum SP280Krome @ 4 minutes 45 seconds ago

Went to Sam Ash and tried it out for the first time and I would says overall its positive for the price range. The sound coming out was fuller, clearer and much more pleasant than the PX150. I think there are 5 piano varitions: Perhaps Concert, Gran
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by terminaldegree @ 5 minutes 38 seconds ago

Welcome to the forum. Either one of these pianos is far better than any piano I had from the time I started playing at the age of 5, to the time I entered a conservatory as a piano performance major at 18. Neither would provide any limitations to a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Op.13 1st movement by symphonicdance @ 15 minutes 47 seconds ago

Minority listens to majority. So, which's more popularly play by renowned pianists?
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by casinitaly @ 19 minutes 53 seconds ago

Wonderful party. Pics to come, promise!!! Nikolas, SwissMs and I played the first duet in your Treble in Fairyland!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner trying to self teach to recognize notes by ear by TX-Bluebonnet @ 22 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By fizikistoThis kind of identification (based on the distance between the notes) is called relative pitch. It's actually much more useful to musicians than perfect pitch and I would highly recommend you spend some time developing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 by blackjack1777 @ 23 minutes 42 seconds ago

Hi, I'm about to finish up Alfred's All in One Level #1 in the next month or so. I was wondering for the people that continued on to Level #2 if you're enjoying it as much as the first one? Also, would you consider it to be a similar challenge as
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Diminished Arpeggios (AMEB) by LookinforDP @ 27 minutes 29 seconds ago

umm, i think arpeggios are not built up the same way as chords so that's where comes the mixing up .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by ClsscLib @ 30 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTSince a Non-Disclosure Agreement is a private contract-Tort Law would apply.... Well, no. Not in the U.S. and other common law jurisdictions, anyway. It's a contract, so contract law -- not tort law -- applie
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 34 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Chris LeslieI would not say using an ear horn would be cheating. Maybe I will get myself one! Beethoven must have cheated!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Internet falls in love w/ homeless man who plays piano in FL by ShiroKuro @ 41 minutes 59 seconds ago

BTW Dogperson, have you seen or played any of those Sarasota Keys pianos?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by Markarian @ 43 minutes 40 seconds ago

I think the main reasons, from a buyer standpoint, that one WOULDN'T want to post the price they paid would be: 1) Hurting their own resale value down the road. 2) Souring their relationship with the dealer, who is often the most important local pi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Internet falls in love w/ homeless man who plays piano in FL by ShiroKuro @ 43 minutes 41 seconds ago

Dogperson, just to be clear, the comment of mine that you quoted above was in response to Frank's link about a pianist in Toronto who pushes his own piano (on a dolly) to a public place to play for tips. And this guy isn't homeless either. The pian
Jump to new posts Re: Blowing dust off grand piano soundboard? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 49 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By joggerjazzBill, or whomever. Do you clean the soundboard if you find curling decals on the soundboard? I would like to clean a Wurlitzer grand I just tuned on my next visit but the decal is half way to the strings and the decal i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Internet falls in love w/ homeless man who plays piano in FL by dogperson @ 52 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By ShiroKuroFrank, thanks for the link! I'd like to hear more of his playing. (A quick google search didn't reveal much). Also, I thought the piano sounded pretty good, I wonder what moving it around like that all the time does for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Internet falls in love w/ homeless man who plays piano in FL by ShiroKuro @ 58 minutes 32 seconds ago

Frank, thanks for the link! I'd like to hear more of his playing. (A quick google search didn't reveal much). Also, I thought the piano sounded pretty good, I wonder what moving it around like that all the time does for the tuning! And I wonder if he
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by newport @ 59 minutes 32 seconds ago

Can't help but reflect on would Chaikovsky (sic :-) suffered the same fate in the current political atmosphere in the 'Motherland' :-)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by maurus @ Today at 12:21 PM

Which one do you like better while playing and listening?
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By MorodienePersonally, I love it when a student brings a piece they are passionate about. It gives me insight as to what they like, if nothing else, and sometimes I can even offer suggestions on how to play it better, what chords t
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By chopin_r_usSee Frederick Wieck. You mean Clara's father ? Yes.
Adult Beginners Forum
There's a busker in Toronto who apparently brings his upright piano downtown with him every day. Busker pushes piano 4 km through city streets — every day Quote:Who would push a 360-kilogram piano through the streets of downtown Toronto every
Jump to new posts Re: Blowing dust off grand piano soundboard? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTDennis Gorgas, my old technician friend and now deceased, placed an old fitted bottom sheet which he soaked under water and then wrung out around the rim of a grand and then used a portable tank of compressed air
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Sam SBumping back up the list of threads - still lots of time before the recital deadline - submissions will open Sept 1 with a deadline of Sept 14th. That's lots of time right? Or is it? Sam Unfortunately for me it isn't a lo
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai 'Touch Notation' iOS app now available by Hendrik42 @ Today at 12:02 PM

Cool thing. My daughter and I just copied one of "The Aristocats" songs that our piano teacher noted on paper with Touch Notation into the iPad and then (via the mail/print/other app) loaded it into Synthesia (also on iPad). In Synthesia I
Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio PX160 observations
by Possum SP280Krome
07/04/15 01:17 PM
Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168
by gokelly
07/04/15 11:27 AM
Internet falls in love w/ homeless man who plays piano in FL
by ShiroKuro
07/04/15 11:23 AM
Beginner trying to self teach to recognize notes by ear
by WalkingintheAir
07/04/15 08:42 AM
gig to thin hammer shanks with a router
by Olek
07/04/15 05:30 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,287 Topics
2,423,892 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission