Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
94 registered (36251, ando, AndyP, barbaram, Bachus, AndrewJCW, 24 invisible), 929 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales, chords and arpeggios by Tubbie0075 @ 1 minute 52 seconds ago

When I recommence piano lesson with my current teacher about 6 years ago, I didn't start from 0. But my teacher never insisted on practising scales or arpeggios. He has only used simple 1 or 2 octave scales for the purpose of teaching me specific t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: SennHeiser HD800 on sale for $999 by MacMacMac @ 2 minutes 7 seconds ago

You're understating your case.Originally Posted By toddyThat advert for a five and a half thousand dollar ethernet cable is almost certainly a joke.You could drop the work "almost". And you could replace "joke" with "scam&quo
Jump to new posts Re: SennHeiser HD800 on sale for $999 by MacMacMac @ 6 minutes 50 seconds ago

Sandy Fry: If I understand you correctly, you are seeing real value in the expensive HD800 headphones, just as you do in your $6500 pen. Is that right? Why, then, do you own a $300 Williams piano? I'm puzzled.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts My second sonata kv310. Suggestion on improvemts.!! by Pon P @ 11 minutes 21 seconds ago

Hello all. I am new here. I am an intemediate player and I am 19 with no talent whatsoever. I finished all three movments of the famous sonata kv545 years ago. And i started on kv 310 since its been my favorite piece because its so emotional. I know
Jump to new posts Re: SennHeiser HD800 on sale for $999 by toddy @ 12 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Sandy FryI like how you are an expert in audio equipment without trying it. How do you know that the ethernet cable you posted the link to, is not worth exactly what is being asked for it.Have you tried it? That advert for a fiv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano solo or accompaniment only? by dmd @ 19 minutes 47 seconds ago

If you can read and play what you see on the two bottom clefs, left hand for Bass clef and right hand for treble clef, then what you have may work fine. It might be a little low on the keyboard so you may have to move the right hand up an octave. A
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tunelab - multiple peaks in high treble by Bob @ 24 minutes 27 seconds ago

I've seen that - combined with muddy, unclear tone, usually in spinets. Go with the highest peak, or use your ears
Jump to new posts Re: kickstarter project survey - online vst check site by euphoria @ 24 minutes 57 seconds ago

yes, that would be possible. we can even provide on the website easy velocity curve editor similar to pianoteq.
Jump to new posts Re: how to regulate your grand piano by yourself ? by tirta @ 30 minutes 20 seconds ago

@musicbased yes, it is letting off before it hits the string. @Ed A. Hall repetition springs is not adjusted. but I have tried it before and the result is: the bobbling diminishes, however the keys have trouble repeating if I play it fast. I guess i
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano lessons over skype, any teachers here? by BrianDX @ 34 minutes 47 seconds ago

Having used Skype for years I am well aware of the auditory limitations of this technology, depending on the sending/receiving computers. Right now I am working on some early intermediate pieces with my teacher. We are going over very subtle issues
Jump to new posts Re: Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano by Chris Leslie @ 41 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTYes BDB the sum total of all the partials in an inharmonic body carrying periodic wave energy never repeats itself, and that is why the math gets so difficult. The inharmonicity phenomenon creates a tremendous amo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha grand pianos and a few beginner questions by BrianDX @ 43 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By WellplayedOriginally Posted By BeauxhommeWhat type of music do you play? Where are you located? How advanced are you in your playing. What type of tone do you prefer - bright, dynamic or subdued? How large if a piano can fit in t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales, chords and arpeggios by earlofmar @ 53 minutes 7 seconds ago

to start some form of easy scales and arpeggios in the first year seems to be the norm. However there are those who believe delaying starting scales is a good thing. My own experience was even although I did some scale work in the first year, I could
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA91 compared to CA65 by cuchuoi @ Today at 06:26 AM

I also have a P155 and the is a bit warmer (mellow) than kawai's. The bass is also not too muddy because it only has 2 12cm-oval-speakers. How ever I can really feel the vibration and mettallic resonace of CA91 which is quite real. But the bass of
Jump to new posts Re: kickstarter project survey - online vst check site by dire tonic @ Today at 06:12 AM

Maybe some way to quickly switch through a range of velocity curves to account for response differences of a VSTi to a submitted Midi file?
Jump to new posts Re: how to regulate your grand piano by yourself ? by Ed A. Hall @ Today at 06:01 AM

Did he adjust the repetition springs and did he adjust drop? How did he measure aftertouch? Getting a consistent after touch on all keys is critical for an even feeling action. Did he level the keys? No, the bobbling hammers is not normal and don
Jump to new posts Re: how to regulate your grand piano by yourself ? by musicbased @ Today at 05:51 AM

Looks to me like the let off is too high. Are you sure it's letting off before it hits the string?
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserI have a small bush of wild roses at the back of the house. Easy to look after! And I've put loads of seeds from other wild rose plants in the ground around it, and all seeds don't germinate. It takes a long time
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1903 Chickering Quarter Grand 121 by Ed A. Hall @ Today at 05:40 AM

The advantage is that it makes the piano narrower so it takes less overall floor space. The slimmer / slender look is also more visually appealing IMO. Chickering Quarter grands are some of the most visually appealing baby grands ever made. Compar
Jump to new posts Re: Tunelab - multiple peaks in high treble by Sam S @ Today at 05:40 AM

How does it sound? Is there a high-pitched thunk and very little actual pitch you can identify? The spectrum display is showing everything you hear - it's easy to identify a poor treble by looking at the spectrum display. Sam
Piano Forum
Congratulations!
Adult Beginners Forum
Well, you said you needed something within your budget. The Korg seems like something within your budget, and you might be able to go lower--maybe 50/60. My only assumption is that the keyboard was the "it board" of its time. The owner p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano solo or accompaniment only? by Sam S @ Today at 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By marimorimo^Thanks. So I take it that if I want to play a piano solo I would need to make some tweaks on the sheet music I posted earlier? Unfortunately I'm not yet in the position to be figuring out a composition on my own, so th
Adult Beginners Forum
Is there anything I should ask the seller? I am going to ask him to take a few more photos and to record him playing a piece to see if it sounds good. Should I ask how old it is, although Charles Cohen mentions its 19yr old!? To ask if every single
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA91 compared to CA65 by jokke @ Today at 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By cuchuoiI feel that the CA91 sound is more clearer and the metallic sound just like an acoustic piano when hitting the note hard. But moving to the CA65 (newer but lower level), the sound is so sticky, unclear when playing with pe
Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 89 90 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My second sonata kv310. Suggestion on improvemts.!!
by Pon P
05/30/16 07:27 AM
Scales, chords and arpeggios
by h8dk97
05/30/16 03:51 AM
Piano solo or accompaniment only?
by marimorimo
05/30/16 03:15 AM
Tunelab - multiple peaks in high treble
by ascc
05/30/16 02:10 AM
Technique Book?
by schlaigs
05/29/16 10:32 PM
Forum Stats
83,809 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,025 Topics
2,529,156 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission