Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
96 registered (antwilk, Anne'sson, AndrewJCW, acortot, anotherscott, 26 invisible), 1049 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Best of luck, and I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible during this big change!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Fugue - Hearing 3 Voices by Ataru074 @ 4 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By outoHave you read this article? How to learn a fugue Very similar to what my teacher had me do, except he also suggest to go ahead and finish a bottle of scotch after you complete the job. for the OP, fugues are IMHO extremel
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Place de la Musique/The Sanfilippo Collection ! by Mark Fontana @ 4 minutes 18 seconds ago

I second the recommendation! The Sanfilippo collection is amazing, beautifully presented, and well worth the trip, especially if you can make it to one of their organ concerts featuring regional artist Jelani Eddington followed by a reception in the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with parent during my "break" by malkin @ 4 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By keystring In the story so far, the parent has never been told the situation. He doesn't know that he is encroaching on the teacher's time and that it is a problem. Probably he thinks that the teacher is pleased with his enthus
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Performance at Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facilities by Rerun @ 21 minutes 20 seconds ago

Quote: If we realize that instead of us doing the people in the homes a favor, it's they who are doing us a favor by giving their attention and allowing us to use their piano (not to mention giving us an ego boost, as has already been mentioned wink
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing between Kawai models by Morodiene @ 37 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By dave11235 It sounds like in your experience, for a player of my type, a used acoustic would be the way to go? It may be worth looking into.On this website is a link for the Piano Buyer. If you click that you can read about thi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: August Piano Bar by kenjazz @ 45 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Riddler KenDid you play the bass solo too? My piece this month is Anthropology, a jazz bebop tune written by Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie in 1946. The drum and bass parts are from a computer-generated backing track. Ed
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Waterproof piano update by Chuck Behm @ 45 minutes 59 seconds ago

Thanks for letting me know, Troy. I didn't, but the mayor and the city have been really great to work with on this. They are moving the piano every Monday from location to location. Stop by and see it. Chuck
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Homeless guy plays piano... by Rickster @ 50 minutes 14 seconds ago

Interesting, Norbert. The tune sounds a lot like the what the other homeless guy was playing, or at least similar. It sounded nice anyway. None of us are immune from misfortune, calamity, tragedy or failure; success (financially or otherwise) and
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by prout @ Today at 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By pinkfloydhomerI've upgraded my Windows 8 to the new free Windows 10, and now Entropy Piano Tuner will not run. Any ideas? Try Compatibility mode.
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 07:13 AM

I've upgraded my Windows 8 to the new free Windows 10, and now Entropy Piano Tuner will not run. Any ideas?
Jump to new posts Re: CA67 or CA97? by tabber @ Today at 07:12 AM

Yep. I agree on the play-testing. It also all depends on what your budget really is, and whether the 97 is just too much to spend. I played the CA67 and was really impressed, then made the mistake of playing the 97 and couldn't get that out of my hea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by BrianDX @ Today at 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By SwissMSCongratulations, mom3gram! That is a great achievement and in less than a year. You and BrianDX are the first of us to get to 40! Thanks SwissMS! The number will be staying there for awhile as we tour Japan for another
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Computer assisted piano learning? by R_B @ Today at 07:00 AM

The root post took me back a little over 30 years. MIDI and the Amiga... Ahh, dreams of a computer that could teach me to play piano, so I bought a KX-88 midi controller. It hasn't come true in quite the way I imagined it, lack of dedication and PR
Jump to new posts Re: gors&kallman removing key slip by de villiers @ Today at 06:57 AM

I found the solution this morning. The legs needs to be unscrewd, then twisted. Underneath is another two screws holding the slip to the keybed
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice and info request: Colley & Co 1800's Square Grand by PaulMarentette @ Today at 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By David-GI would place considerable weight on whatever Tom Strange advises. I agree, and much appreciated, Tom was quick to reply.
Jump to new posts Re: Floating the pitch by David Jenson @ Today at 06:43 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTOn stable, well tuned pianos that are serviced annually or bi-annually; I will float pitch seasonally. Saves wear and tear on the piano. In the winter, (flat season) I stretch the extremes slightly more, meaning
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice and info request: Colley & Co 1800's Square Grand by PaulMarentette @ Today at 06:32 AM

Originally Posted By michaelha] Let's see: - You have a square grand that has very little market value in any condition. - You want to restore it so it can be the "best it can be" - You don't want to spend money - You don't want to spend
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with parent during my "break" by pianoMom2006 @ Today at 06:23 AM

I agree that honesty is the best policy but I would say it in the nicest possible way. If my son's teacher told me that I should work at a music store because I brought in so much music, I would be thoroughly confused and irritated. I would not und
Jump to new posts Re: Floating the pitch by Olek @ Today at 06:19 AM

humidity change the middle of the piano and the extremes do not move "at all". but heat modify the whole pitch. piano under the roof, very hot days, the tuning did lower 2 Hz , but consistently enough to have only unison rebuild (4 5 real
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Olek @ Today at 06:08 AM

As long as no "musical analysis" of the tuning is done" (something that very little tuners can do today), the tuning exam will mean very little. you can pass with perfect score and awful unisons for instance. THe colleague that was i
Jump to new posts Re: pin rust by Olek @ Today at 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By cordobaI understand yours doubt.You can to try with Coke and to avoid any risk with acids. The time of the reaction depend of the rust the pin have.Nevertheless you can stop the reaction with washing (enough)when at your judgment
To be honest, I did use those 4:2 6:3 equivalences for a long time, comparing different sets of beat rates make me loose concentration and focus, it is quieter to use slow intervals and it allow to stay "in the tone". The goal is to work
Jump to new posts Re: GEM RP90 successful repair by sevcsa @ Today at 05:41 AM

I ordered this eprom programmer: GQ-4X Now I'm waiting for it to arrive. Meanwhile I opened the .mor files with a willem programmer's software. But with this I can't see what you saw. At both files, it shows the eprom's content from the 0x0000
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can't upload images to PianoWorld by MarieJ @ Today at 05:33 AM

Didn't do anything different, but it worked when I tried again today (so now I have my first avatar ).
Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 93 94 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bach Fugue - Hearing 3 Voices
by Raindrops
08/05/15 12:41 AM
Floating the pitch
by Bourniplus
08/05/15 12:15 AM
Question for memorizing left hand
by zyxwvu
08/04/15 11:08 PM
Bo's twin for sale (Bosendorfer 225 deal!)
by twocats
08/04/15 07:16 PM
Which great pianists of the past were notoriously nervous?
by pianoloverus
08/04/15 06:10 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,266 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,000 Topics
2,433,140 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission