Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CA95 noisy front rail by Charles Cohen @ 36 seconds ago

One way to stop clicking noises: . . . Put a thin layer of silicone sealant between the clicking parts. It works as a very weak adhesive, and a good gap-filler. You _don't_ want to smear it everywhere, and you _don't_ want it to get onto any elect
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dohnanyi, "Widmung" Op. 13, No. 1 from Winterreigen by RachFan @ 2 minutes 40 seconds ago

Hi Felix, Glad you could hear Dohnanyi's "Widmung". I also play his "Postludium" which is probably the better known piece. I prefer those big romantic surges found in the "Postludium". But I love the "Widmung&qu
Jump to new posts Re: clavinova clp 115 by Charles Cohen @ 8 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rochoulathanks for the feedback so far. A few questions after reading all these forums. I see the word "longevity" used more than once-how long do these last if maintained properly? Also, for a basic user who really
Piano Forum
I am going through the same process. Everything needs to be removed from the house, so that includes all three pianos. What happens to them depends on what I arrange for storage.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lubricious Whippen Cushions by Ed Foote @ 14 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Grotriman I raised my hammer line to specs, I tensioned my repitition springs. I checked all the letoff and jack positions etc. Then I did something I didn't think would have much effect, I lubricated my whippen cushions (I us
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein 7 by Minnesota Marty @ 14 minutes 24 seconds ago

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by Brad Hoehne @ 19 minutes 20 seconds ago

Re: left handed piano. I think had I started on a left handed piano, I would have performed very well on it. However, re-mapping ones brain after one has learned the layout of a normal piano would be very awkward- like learning a DVORAK keyboard
Jump to new posts Re: Home speakers for RD700NX: need help! by Charles Cohen @ 24 minutes 42 seconds ago

It's your call. Find a store that has one on display, and plug it into one of their _good_ digital pianos, and see how you like it. Keep your head in the "sweet spot", right in line with the tweeter. . Charles PS -- another aph
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: give up on old acoustics and buy a digital? by Eight Octaves @ 25 minutes 11 seconds ago

I also agree that a well maintained acoustics you mentioned or equal will be better than most digitals. However, you should expect to pay for your own tunings usually around twice a year unless your rental agreement includes them. Tuning is more se
Jump to new posts Re: CA95 noisy front rail by MiguelAngel07 @ 27 minutes 48 seconds ago

Is this "annoying plasticky click" something that developed over time? ... or was it an issue from the start? Either way is of concern, since I am considering a Kawai MP11 (which I understand has an identical keybed and action) and it will
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: It's not so simple as the 10,000 hour rule. by bennevis @ 31 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: Brad Hoehne ...... "generalized" practicing seems to pay more long term dividends than specific practice at a target skill. The article gives an example of students learning to throw a bean bag into a hole three fee
Jump to new posts Re: Noodling board by lolatu @ 33 minutes 27 seconds ago

I think you're looking for a keytar.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by aTallGuyNH @ 33 minutes 55 seconds ago

Congrats PB... that's really wonderful. It's virtually impossible to get an accurate sense of how one truly sounds while playing. The mind plays tricks on us, for sure. I find that my pauses are invariably much much worse than I realize for the mic
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by Brad Hoehne @ 39 minutes 11 seconds ago

I'm strongly left-handed according to a number of skills assessments (i.e. a series of "which hand do you perform x with" tests) and I do notice a few problems as a result. http://lefthanded.cdf-design.com/test/html_test.php Most notab
Jump to new posts Re: Easter Themed Recordings - Kawai CA95 by MiguelAngel07 @ 41 minutes 16 seconds ago

"If anyone has suggestions on where I can upload higher quality versions instead of on Tumblr... I'm happy to take advice" Hello Wolferblade Thanks for sharing your well done recordings. I am considering a Kawai MP11 and it great to hea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by zrtf90 @ 42 minutes 51 seconds ago

I've enjoyed this thread and clarified some things in my head from it. A double benefit. My thanks to the participants.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello + buying my first piano (long post) by Almaviva @ 43 minutes 2 seconds ago

"Sir Hebert Marshall Sons & Rose" is a new piano brand to me. Where was it made - Britain, Australia, New Zealand? Regardless of its origin, that is one gorgeous-looking instrument. Too bad it can't be repaired at reasonable cost. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by aTallGuyNH @ 44 minutes 17 seconds ago

Thanks for sharing your continuing journey Cathy. For me I've been poking along as always, not focusing -- at least not in the sense of having a plan of attack. I am focusing in the sense of just working on two things: Against All Odds, and improvis
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by zrtf90 @ 44 minutes 38 seconds ago

I'm still undecided as to which piece to submit for the ABF Recital. I'm working on two, one for ABF #34 (Chopin) and one for #35 (Schubert) but the former is not sounding as well as the latter so I'm thinking of switching. This will give me an advan
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Consolation 3 and sustain pedal question by zrtf90 @ 46 minutes 5 seconds ago

The melody is played with RH. The bass and accompaniment played with LH and the pedal operated by the right foot. Are you, perchance, playing the bass with RH, the first three measures and M44 excepted? <gasp>
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Chopinís Ballade 1 by zrtf90 @ 47 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BigvalbioSpent 3hrs this morning on the coda.Three hours on one piece? If you got three hours of progress out of that I tip my hat to you. That would be two and a half hours wasted for me! M208-216 The Cortot exercises haven't
Jump to new posts CA95 noisy front rail by lolatu @ 49 minutes 17 seconds ago

I've located the source of the annoying plasticky click in some of the black keys on my CA95. Turns out the metal of the keyboard chassis knocks against the plastic of the front rail assembly, when the felt is struck in certain places (see pic and vi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein 7 by joe80 @ 50 minutes 22 seconds ago

Steinway is the best known in the UK, next Yamaha, then Bosendofer and Fazioli. Bechstein and Bluthner are known amongst musicians and concert goers but not the general public. Arise, sir Marty.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lubricious Whippen Cushions by PaintedPostDave @ 51 minutes 3 seconds ago

Hello Grotriman. Next time you do this, please strike and hold a few notes before and record them, say, seven seconds each. Then do the lubrication and record those notes again. Do a before and after line spectrum on each note and see how the power
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison (DSU) Tuning Technique by Tunewerk @ 55 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mark CerisanoDo NOT play D5 while detuning the DSU. Ok. So you have determined that A5 is flat by about 1bps from pure. You also insightfully refer to the sensitivity of the pin. So, you know that A5 must go up by the smallest
Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 ... 130 131 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
142 registered (ADWyatt, Almaviva, ando, 36251, 44 invisible), 1769 Guests and 40 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74270 Members
42 Forums
153629 Topics
2251691 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
CA95 noisy front rail
by lolatu
44 minutes 16 seconds ago
It's not so simple as the 10,000 hour rule.
by Brad Hoehne
57 minutes 57 seconds ago
Day brightener
by Chuck Behm
Today at 10:09 AM
Paris Atelier
by Beemer
Today at 09:20 AM
Lubricious Whippen Cushions
by Grotriman
Today at 09:12 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission