Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
114 registered (augustm, alwatson, barbaram, Al LaPorte, AndreaH, 28 invisible), 1236 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem Parents by Piano*Dad @ 3 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By MomOfBeginnersOriginally Posted By wouter79You can always kick students if they frustrate you too much. But I would not bother too much. Maybe you should not expect too much from your students. As long as they pay and you can d
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by JoeT @ 5 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By R_BI vaguely remember that CD recordings were similarly accused of being too sterile, synthetic sounding. Some people took a long time to adjust to the greater dynamic range - having suffered RIAA compression for so long. Nowaday
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How can I better learn jazz piano? by Rickster @ 18 minutes 8 seconds ago

Jazz is the music genre where there is no such thing as a wrong note, right? I thought so. Maybe that is why I like it. Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm returning to piano. How can I get started again? by ghosthand @ 22 minutes 51 seconds ago

You need some kind of feedback and goals. This does not mean you have to take lessons every week. As an adult, living more than 1 hour drive from my teacher, I take lessons just every 3rd week or less, depending on my life schedule. Even if you are n
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by shalomjj @ 25 minutes 8 seconds ago

PS I am super excited about this piano and looking forward to getting it! Will keep posted and write a review when I do
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice please by maurus @ 45 minutes 12 seconds ago

1. It is never a no-brainer to go for a piano. You need to play and like it first. On the other hand the Kawai RX3C are very nice and solid pianos and the chances are you will like it. When I was searching for my own grand I played many grands in dif
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scam symptoms by Rickster @ 46 minutes 41 seconds ago

While we're on the subject, if we are an interested buyer, and the seller is the scammer (shoe on other foot) some of the red flags are: "I'm currently in a another state or country"; "the piano is located other than the local where it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Need advice please by Kirshaid @ 58 minutes 18 seconds ago

Hi everyone, I am shopping for a good grand either Yamaha or Kawai that is in the GS1 price range. The Kawai dealer where I live is making me an offer on an RX3 C at the same price as GS1. The piano has been sitting in his warehouse for two months an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ 59 minutes 1 second ago

Number nine: http://nhpianos.com/diabelli-variation-9/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How can I better learn jazz piano? by maurus @ Today at 07:38 AM

Jean Claude and Claire, that's of course just one of the ways. You could also: - dance on the rim of a volcano - loose yourself in narrow and crowded passageways in Cracow, Hongkong, Accra, or in fact in any of the cities of this world late at nigh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by WiseBuff @ Today at 07:20 AM

Latest list with four pieces added. Not perfected mind you but they are under the fingers. 2016 Piano pieces learned 1. Don't know much (Mann, Web, & Snow arranged by Phillip Keveren) 2. The Rose (McBroom arranged by Dan Coates) 3. Prelude in B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin serial number question by AndreaH @ Today at 07:18 AM

No, it definitely says Baldwin on the fallboard. If it is a Model C, does anyone know the quality of those models? The size would work for me but if the quality isn't there, I will focus on the R. Anyone?
Piano Teachers Forum
Thanks! Been a while since I visited the forum. My daughter is coping quite well with Sicilienne (including the LH 7ths) at speed hands together, and the required scales. Some of those Aural skills I have worked on with her - some I haven't, so I wil
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by R_B @ Today at 07:02 AM

I vaguely remember that CD recordings were similarly accused of being too sterile, synthetic sounding. Some people took a long time to adjust to the greater dynamic range - having suffered RIAA compression for so long. In those days and perhaps even
Composer's Lounge
it's actually quite funny :-) it could be the intro theme for a sitcom
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-135 vs Yamaha Arius YDP-141 by Rille Stark @ Today at 06:43 AM

I've been touring with a Yamaha CLP-230 with the same type of stand. The fittings are very sturdy and it will not affect the sturdiness to disassemble and re-assemble. I've great experiences with the GHS keyboard, mostly in the P-105. Pianists with
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-135 vs Yamaha Arius YDP-141 by Frédéric L @ Today at 06:23 AM

I have read an opposite conclusion between Casio and Yamaha : a YDP142 (GHS too) was prefered to a PX750 (tri sensor II). On a Casio (PX160, tri sensor II too), I disklike the key feel. I couldn't try a GHS keyboard. Then I can only suggest to try a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by Kalos Piano @ Today at 06:19 AM

Since people are talking about apps, it could be worth mentioning the below completely free software that you can use if you have a digital keyboard that you can connect as MIDI to the PC: http://www.jalmus.net/-Jalmus-software-.html?lang=en It has v
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Last Octave by rXd @ Today at 06:17 AM

Thanks for posting this, Ryan. It was a good read. Things don't change much, if at all but I remembered my first job where many of the clients that I tuned for had a pair of large grands (6'-7')nested in 69 position which made it impossible to match
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi EPW, I have never played anything. Didnt think about second hand book shops, so will go have a look tomorrow. My plan is a teacher as well as do stuff by myself. I work shift work and most of the teaching is set up for kids finishing school so ho
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Sheet music by mikka942 @ Today at 06:11 AM

One or two posts recently from people looking for various types of sheet music. You might want to have a look at my site - michaelsmusic.host22.com - I'm sure most of the stuff on there will probably not be to your taste, but you might find the odd
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-135 vs Yamaha Arius YDP-141 by TheodorN @ Today at 05:53 AM

For the keyboard action, if for nothing else, I would prefer the Casio. The PX-135 is an old model though, and there have been improvements in later generations. The Yamaha YDP-141, on the other hand, has the GHS action, which is considered rather l
I think Jay may bring more clarity but here's my memory: - The original 700 had stretched piano samples with 3 layers, sampled Rhodes. - SX brought better piano sound with 88-note sampling, 4-layers and two piano sample sets (1. Supposedly a Steinwa
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Two Ellington Tunes by Simon Hester @ Today at 05:12 AM

After a short break I'm back up and running with my piano improv channel "The Lonely Pianist" Here are two Ellington tunes from last week Thanks for letting me share best wishes Simon https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRBWMwQJBcKtH
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by WilliamTruitt @ Today at 05:07 AM

Gadzar, I should have thought of this yesterday. Several years ago I attended an all day seminar on early Steinways given by Bill Shull. He is considered to be one of the foremost experts on early Steinways, and has spent decades researching and ca
Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 85 86 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need advice please
by Kirshaid
05/05/16 07:41 AM
Sheet music
by mikka942
05/05/16 06:11 AM
Two Ellington Tunes
by Simon Hester
05/05/16 05:12 AM
Post recital Thorns and Roses
by missbelle
05/04/16 10:28 PM
Baldwin serial number question
by AndreaH
05/04/16 10:15 PM
Forum Stats
83,514 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,422 Topics
2,521,408 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission