Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
154 registered (agraffe, accordeur, ajeales, ando, alerique, 36251, 35 invisible), 1557 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Need Recommendations by mcoll @ 2 minutes 26 seconds ago

I second Charles's suggestion for a PX150 - 400$ is a very good deal and that model is maybe the cheapest that will allow you to learn to play the piano. If you want to play keyboard, that's another discussion, but you can't learn how to play piano o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making mistakes by Groove On @ 4 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By INBostonThe problem is, every time I play the whole thing through, mistakes happen at new places every time. It's not like I have trouble spots anymore, it's like the whole thing is a bit shaky. I think this is a good sign, keep
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM PRESS RELEASE by casinitaly @ 5 minutes 53 seconds ago

Is this really a useful, informative discussion or is it just gossip and innuendo? It smacks of the latter. I am closing it for the moment. After further review it may be reopened. Then again, maybe it won't.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PROBLEMS WITH NEW PIANOS... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 6 minutes 8 seconds ago

My experience with Norbert leads me to conclude that any comments from technicians about Chinese, (are we also to include Indonesian and Korean sourced pianos), would not be welcome by him. So I don't see how this topic will achieve much for the PW
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making mistakes by hreichgott @ 6 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By INBoston The problem is, every time I play the whole thing through, mistakes happen at new places every time. It's not like I have trouble spots anymore, it's like the whole thing is a bit shaky. If your memory is intact but you'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by cmybliss @ 9 minutes 19 seconds ago

Way to go on the Sinatra! I'm a huge fan and would love to eventually be able to play some of his tunes just so I can sing along!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making mistakes by PianogrlNW @ 12 minutes 41 seconds ago

It sounds like the reason you are stumbling and making mistakes throughout the entire piece is because you don't really know the notes and where your hands and fingers need to go next. So yes, slow the tempo WAY down. Slow it down so that you can pla
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice - and what happens when there isn't any? by hreichgott @ 13 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By ajealesOriginally Posted By hreichgott[quote=ajeales] Could you say more about how you do this? Maybe an example? I find that a similar amount of time is enough to review what was done at the last lesson, but not make additional
Originally Posted By vince961@toddy Yes, you understanding seems to be correct. Essentially, in order to predict the instantaneous velocity (velocity at the point), we should know the acceleration function. And acceleartion may change drastically - I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Making mistakes by INBoston @ 22 minutes 44 seconds ago

I am two weeks into a piece (Chopin Waltz A minor, posth) and one week into having memorized it... Ish. I am still stumbling a lot, and the ornaments and arpeggios are hit or miss. I tried approaching it section by section, practicing trouble spots i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PROBLEMS WITH NEW PIANOS... by Robert 45 @ 24 minutes 29 seconds ago

I would address this "survey" type discussion to tuners and technicians who have experience in dealing with a cross section of pianos and are probably able to give more informed and balanced views than the piano owners. Most piano owners b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by wr @ 26 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By BDBAs opposed to major arts that do not entertain? All of those guys would have had other jobs if they did not entertain! As opposed to arts that don't have entertainment as their primary goal. And my point wasn't about whet
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Nikolas @ 28 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By wrOriginally Posted By Nikolas That's what I mean when I keep repeating myself that you can't compare the two. There's no superior, or inferior. They are simply different. For most practical purposes, I agree, mostly. But I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PROBLEMS WITH NEW PIANOS... by Jean Claude @ 28 minutes 33 seconds ago

Perhaps when this fight thread has worked itself out someone will start a similar one dealing with re-built pianos. That one should run and run....
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: My piano composition - At The Right Moment by Kenan @ 30 minutes 14 seconds ago

Dobro je, ljepo. It's great, beautiful .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PROBLEMS WITH NEW PIANOS... by DrewBone @ 31 minutes 7 seconds ago

This reminds me of a guy who was perusing a Ferrari discussion forum and asked to hear from Yugo owners. Considering the seemingly intended market of the Chinese piano, I don't know how much information you intend on compiling, and what use it will
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: My performance of Liszt's La Campanella by Kenan @ 32 minutes 48 seconds ago

Great Job!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by wr @ 36 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Nikolas That's what I mean when I keep repeating myself that you can't compare the two. There's no superior, or inferior. They are simply different. For most practical purposes, I agree, mostly. But I also think that the cur
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Estonia grand from 2000 by LarsL @ 38 minutes 22 seconds ago

Hi I am thinking of buying an Estonia 274 grand from 2000. Are the 300 improvements from the 2002-2005 period vital for this piano (Renner action..), or is it worth having a closer look at this 2000 grand. Thanks LarsL
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by BDB @ 42 minutes 25 seconds ago

As opposed to major arts that do not entertain? All of those guys would have had other jobs if they did not entertain!
Originally Posted By MacMacMacLetoff simulation is just that: simulation. There is no letoff. Roland started this trend several years ago. They added a clicker device to the action. It clicks. You can feel it. But it serves no function. There is no
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Cotton Taxi Rag (Piano Piece) Cristián Sandre by PianoRag @ 44 minutes 33 seconds ago

Old and unusual Ragtime dedicated to Cotton Club https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfdM6wyru5g
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PROBLEMS WITH NEW PIANOS... by Bosendorff @ 47 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeWhy the all caps? Tacky forum etiquette. I'm on the road preparing to play a concert today. When I get home, I have a couple pictures I can post from pianos I've tuned, and a 1-2 I can remember, but didn't photogr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice by grace_note @ 50 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By dogpersonI do practice every day.. if my time is limited, I resist the the urge to play through repertoire, but isolate a few measures/passages that need work, and work only on those. This is a shortened version of what I do for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice by agraffe @ 50 minutes 16 seconds ago

Some general remarks that are worth the paper they're written on: The only thing worse than being like everybody else is not being like everybody else. Comparing what one does with what others do or don't do is inevitable, but not very productive. We
Page 1 of 89 1 2 3 88 89 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Making mistakes
by INBoston
19 minutes 56 seconds ago
Estonia grand from 2000
by LarsL
35 minutes 34 seconds ago
Kurz Forte String Resonance Demo
by Dave Weiser
Today at 08:15 AM
Polyester repair question.
by sescott
Today at 05:56 AM
Cold hands? Rub wrists!
by Cinnamonbear
Yesterday at 11:02 PM
Forum Stats
82,584 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,494 Topics
2,495,257 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission