Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
107 registered (agraffe, 36251, Albunea, accordeur, anamnesis, 26 invisible), 1440 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Nordomus @ 18 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By JohnnyRebHi, I'm brand new to the forum. I was just looking at the new Roland Digitals yesterday. I really loved the new LX 17 and was ready to pull the plug but then noticed something. The music stand for the piano (built int
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Essay about music lessons via Skype by Dfrankjazz @ 37 minutes 44 seconds ago

Very nice comprehensive article)
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by JohnnyReb @ 55 minutes 46 seconds ago

Hi, I'm brand new to the forum. I was just looking at the new Roland Digitals yesterday. I really loved the new LX 17 and was ready to pull the plug but then noticed something. The music stand for the piano (built into the fall board) does not wor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Determining Best Fingering for a Piece by Albunea @ Today at 03:57 PM

I am familiar with the "thumb under" for scales, but don't think I've ever had 2 fingers on the same key as in your example, Ralphiano. Now I can expect it.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Interval Ear Training by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 03:47 PM

Both very helpful! For descending octaves, Q's list introduces me to "Willow Weep For Me" which is a beautiful song in its own right. It's weird to me how difficult I find octaves. They're supposed to be the "same" note, but I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New U3 or 1996 C1 or 2000 C2 by hjs111 @ Today at 03:18 PM

Hello all. I haven't yet taken the drive to play the used C1 and C2 because I decided to try playing as many brands as I think I might possibly be able to afford before I actually see and play those, given that I have played other pianos of those mod
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
[quote=Ed McMorrow, RPT]The joint between head and tail on ivory keytops is an expansion joint to allow for movement to reduce stresses that may crack the ivory. Ivory also expands and shrinks with humidity like wood. So filling the joint in with an
Pianist Corner
Handy Scarlatti number converter: http://www.ne.jp/asahi/music/marinkyo/scarlatti/referenco.html.en What the heck are Syunzyusya numbers?
I haven't played the GF action but I suspect I'd agree. For me the thing that most marks out one action/instrument over another is the ease and extent to which I can control the relative volume of each of a group of notes struck together with one h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Careful with kitchen slicers! by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:49 PM

Eeeww... I cringe a the thought of it. You have my sympathy. I clipped the tip of my L5 with a hammer about a week ago and got a big blood blister. Not as bad as yours, but still it hurts a little, and so I've been practicing less.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha c3 grey market by Greener @ Today at 02:40 PM

Not sure how different the c3 market is to the u3 market, but can't be that different. Most gray market p's I'm looking at have hardly been touched. Any refurbishing has mostly been light and to the outside cabinetry. People that are buying them are
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Determining Best Fingering for a Piece by rocket88 @ Today at 02:37 PM

The thumb under movement you describe is practiced during the practice of scales. (Not the holding down of the note, however) Also Hanon and other technique methods have numerous "thumb under" exercises to facilitate playing scales with th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts My presentation at the Los Angeles Statewide Convention by shirlkirsten @ Today at 02:33 PM

I hope to join my colleagues in the area and around the State for this program, July 1, 2016 at 4 p.m. Los Angeles Airport Hilton. It's the MTAC's yearly convention that rotates around various cities. https://arioso7.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/lights-
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on using the sustain pedal? by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By Tubbie0075 So let your ears guide your foot. +1. The release of the pedal is more critical than pressing it down - sort of like the clutch on a stick shift car. Hold the pedal down, play a nice big chord, and take your fin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner's Lesson on Chords by drewrst @ Today at 02:25 PM

Thank you for these tips helpful for beginners. The C Major vid helped to clarify some of the similar theory covered with instructor not long after I began adult lessons about 2 years ago...... it did not click for me .... the gist of what, exactl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Determining Best Fingering for a Piece by Ralphiano @ Today at 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaOriginally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Albunea I don't understand that part, Qazsedcft. I wouldn't worry about finger-switching until you are well into intermediate standard (and can play e.g. Für Elise very
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha c3 grey market by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By Wellplayed 2. We had a private technician check it out. The list of issues he gave us were minor. Did he say anything about the need to re-string? One scenario that might fit is if the piano were used in a beach house most o
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By WhoDwaldi"Kk" . . . so, we're supposed to use that, now, over plain ol' "K." (which gets confused by radio announcers all the time as "Koechel," when they should say "Kirkpatrick" in the Sc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Frequencies of piano notes by BDB @ Today at 02:13 PM

When I tuned a Bösendorfer Imperial, I could hear the ticking of the lowest notes. You can hear them, but your brain may not put them together as tones.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by ShiroKuro @ Today at 02:09 PM

Ahahah! I have to share this. I was just talking on the phone with my mother. I've gotten her interested in Einaudi and she likes a lot of his piano pieces. (she also speaks French and Spanish and has studied Italian before). So I told her she had
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Frequencies of piano notes by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By Just StevenAnything below 20 Hz is below human hear range. It takes a very tightly controlled environment to make anything below it audible. True, but you hear the overtones, so you don't get silence.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning the transition away from method books by ShiroKuro @ Today at 02:05 PM

Quote:people should start playing by ear for a few years before starting formalized instruction, just like children learning their first language. Only if the "people" learning music are children when they start. My comments about languag
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha c3 grey market by ebonykawai @ Today at 02:02 PM

Great, how exciting! Post pics when it arrives!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano exam by Ralphiano @ Today at 01:55 PM

Well done, Timpskie. You have done well for only one year of playing. I enjoyed both pieces.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Tim Adrianson @ Today at 01:30 PM

Hi, Carey! I agree with your assessment that Knight received the Most Creative Programming award only because the Cliburn virtually HAD to give him something -- but IMO that's the result of a lousy way to set up things. ALL of the six finalists sh
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 65 66 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My presentation at the Los Angeles Statewide Convention
by shirlkirsten
Today at 02:33 PM
Essay about music lessons via Skype
by indigo_dave
Today at 08:36 AM
Yamaha Silent Grand (SH system)
by Davdoc
Today at 08:22 AM
Roland Kiyola KF-10
by Dscally
Today at 06:46 AM
Left Handed Pianist Needs advice
by Rusco
Today at 06:00 AM
Forum Stats
84,119 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,576 Topics
2,536,603 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission