Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
118 registered (accordeur, A Guy, 36251, Alan Cyr, Abby Pianoman, 33 invisible), 1484 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Filibogado ... My untrained ear tells me though that single melody notes especially in the higher registers are pure, sparkling, bright joyful sounds compared to the harmonized blends of playing in octaves, inversions under the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need thoughts on a piano I'm looking at! :) by amateur101 @ 3 minutes 57 seconds ago

Texskiss: 'I've come across a Kimball Piano. "Kimball, Made in U.S.A... Model Number: 5860.' Jerry Groot RPT: 'I never much cared for the Kimball brand. Especially their grand's.' A-a, but this particular model of Kimball is not your regular Kim
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1875 legs and lyre where to get? by BDB @ 11 minutes 36 seconds ago

Try looking for a woodcarver and turner to make them for you.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by LFYM @ 12 minutes 41 seconds ago

Hmmm, I don't know why, but the Fazioli pianos just don't sound good to me. They have a too unique sound, guess I'm not used to them yet. I heard some Ravenscroft demos on VI Labs' site, particularly Chopin's 7th Nocturne. It sounded pretty good. O
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wanted to say hi by patty5sewing @ 15 minutes 28 seconds ago

Strange you mention ham radio operators. I am KS4IW and the husband is N4XXI. We are a dying breed. Mostly due to cell phones and internet. Pat Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
Jump to new posts Re: Which stand for MP7 and laptop? by Kawai James @ 16 minutes 20 seconds ago

Ellisande, thanks for the update - glad to hear that your existing stand is working well. Please post some pics of your setup if you get the chance. Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Some observations about digital piano by bennevis @ 22 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jtsn Is there any DP, which doesn't have an EP preset onboard? And we have eletronic organs, which are emulated by DPs, too. So what are DPs then? It's simple: They are sample-based sound synthesizers emulating other instrument
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you play the piano 'for relaxation'? by gooddog @ 23 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Tim Adrianson If you're talking Classical music, then the answer is "never". I relate to Classical music as providing pretty much the opposite -- a heightening and concentration of emotion, and a precision and exactnes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Weber piano sonatas: a "hidden" treasure by Mark_C @ 23 minutes 52 seconds ago

Yes - works now. Didn't before (at least for me). FWIW, I much, much, much prefer the original.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: E4 Just Won't Come Into Tune by harpon @ 25 minutes 35 seconds ago

The strings could be quickly slipping a bit as the tension travels through the bridge at the bottom and settles in- I'm in the process of an "extended" tuning, largely because my piano hasn't been tuned in a while either. I get it sounding
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 1875 legs and lyre where to get? by Klavimaniac @ 31 minutes 11 seconds ago

Dear piano gurus, Has anyone an idea where to get cabriolet legs and lyre for a 1875 Steinway concert grand as shown in this link: http://www.pianomart.com/buy-a-piano/ad.php?ad_id=24074 Likewise I am looking for fire hydrant legs for an 1880ies S
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello all by Jytte @ 45 minutes 56 seconds ago

Hope you'll be back to playing again soon. I was just thinking about you the other day, when I was working on a Beatles tune, as I recall you're a fan That also made me think of Kelly (from Brazil).. do you happen to know of her?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help for this student.... Notes! by malkin @ 51 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: hreichgott...Also, are you sure it's ADHD and not autism? If he is actually autistic you might need to transfer him to someone trained in teaching students with disabilities. I'm not sure why you'd transfer him based on a diagn
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Freelance collaborative pianist - money issues by Kreisler @ 54 minutes 23 seconds ago

I agree with hreichgott. Also, if you're being clear about deadlines and still having trouble collecting, talk to the faculty. Tell them that their students are not paying on time and that you will have to stop playing for them if they don't settle t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello all by TheodorN @ 56 minutes 22 seconds ago

Well, I can't say I've been very good at practising, went through some burnout, but I'm coming back at it now, just like you. Been recovering from an infection in my hand, though, but once I recover, it's the keys again! Just looked at the PM at afp
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Gratitude by Music Me @ 56 minutes 51 seconds ago

Woodog, I truly hope you visit with Cunningham Pianos. You won't regret it, believe me.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Gratitude by Music Me @ 58 minutes 24 seconds ago

Thank you to all. Please know that this is truly from the bottom of my heart. I don't post much here, but this was important for me to post. I am appreciative of all of your feedback. Happy Thanksgiving!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you play the piano 'for relaxation'? by bennevis @ Today at 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: cefinowWell bennevis I wonder if it's a question of how you present it-- if you actually use the phrase "tickling the ivories," then your interlocutor might say "How charming... I like to arrange dried flowers in
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: FilibogadoMy untrained ear tells me though that single melody notes especially in the higher registers are pure, sparkling, bright joyful sounds compared to the harmonized blends of playing in octaves, inversions under the melod
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 Rumours? by TonyB @ Today at 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: MRCOriginally Posted By: TonyBMy V-Grand has this. The music rest slides flat so I can put my Ultrabook there instead, but slides out and up and easily holds a large book of music or whatever, or could hold three sheets/piles s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano evening at my teachers house by Peter071 @ Today at 05:24 PM

It was a lovely evening. There were 12 people. The repertoire was mostly Chopin (a polonaise, nocturne and a mazurka), Bach (Prelude), Einaudi and even Burgmuller. The next piano party is in June 2015. I played the two pieces I studied.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov Sonatas - 1 vs 2? by verqueue @ Today at 05:20 PM

Maybe I don't see it now, because I didn't play enough of Rachmaninoff. But why are you so nervous about it? It's just an opinion. Can you give me some advice for the first sonata? And what did you play before it?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By: dire tonic - impressive playing and an enviable technique but don't forget that swing and lyricism are important components in jazz. I'm not hearing either in your playing of these pieces. Perhaps in another recording? I agr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Decent Baby Grand for about $2000-$3000 by musicpassion @ Today at 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: BDB Yes, I think the plastic broke because of the material. It was not made or tested for longevity, particularly under the stress it was subjected to. I have seen other material failure in these pianos. I had one where one of
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by verqueue @ Today at 05:17 PM

My improvisation without concept: https://soundcloud.com/verqueue/improvisation-without-concept
Page 1 of 107 1 2 3 ... 106 107 >
What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1875 legs and lyre where to get?
by Klavimaniac
26 minutes 28 seconds ago
"It Don't mean A Thing (If it Ain't...
by prout
Today at 04:43 PM
Yamaha CP33?
by Possum SP280Krome
Today at 04:16 PM
E4 Just Won't Come Into Tune
by Cobra1365
Today at 03:49 PM
10k budget for a piano in SW Ontario
by bogdan101
Today at 03:47 PM
Forum Stats
77071 Members
42 Forums
159405 Topics
2341606 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission