Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts No one home? by ScottM @ 3 minutes 19 seconds ago

I've written 2 emails to Frank in the last 3 weeks and gotten no response. The second was following up on the first unanswered message. Does anyone here know what's going on? Frustrated.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by phantomFive @ 4 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CJMOriginally Posted By: adamp88Originally Posted By: CJMthe now antiquated 88-note paradigm. Cute. ...but 110% accurate... Regards Chris The same thing could have been said when Bosendorfer added extra notes a century ago, but
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ 5 minutes 22 seconds ago

I think the general praise is a bit misleading (i.e., he's not 7 y/o). That Tooner is making great progress, but the Kawai grand is not a passable/professional-sounding tuning--that is going to take some more time. Some hammer voicing would have help
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: TEST by BruceD @ 14 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wouter79This is a TEST thread, why do you ask? TEST for what?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear training - what is it? by pianist4ever1 @ 15 minutes 14 seconds ago

Scordatura, I think your last response is the closest to my concept of ear training. I've always been able to pick out melodies by ear, but ear training goes so much further than that. My 7th teacher would give me some really strange looks when I
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Marko in Boston @ 18 minutes 1 second ago

Harmony Central review of RD800... http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/roland-rd-800-88-key-stage-piano
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College Audition Repertoire for Historical Performance by Scordatura @ 20 minutes 58 seconds ago

Your successful auditioning won't be judged on the basis of the level of difficulty or length of what you play, but on the technical and musical quality of your performance. If you can perform that Invention just 50% as well as e.g. Glenn Gould, you'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Technical help for recording Silent feature to laptop by earlofmar @ 21 minutes 10 seconds ago

is this a "windows" laptop, if so have you checked the sound control panel. "Line in" should selected as the default recording process as opposed to "microphone"
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: A443Usually these studies are done without strings (i.e., with the string instruments as well), and that means down-bearing has been taken out of the equation. It is interesting that the soundboard makes those cool patterns with
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is finger strength a myth? by Louis Podesta @ 29 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rovI read that hanon or czerny won't make your fingers stronger because fingers don't have muscles, is this a myth?. You guys are really thick! Accordingly, I repeat my very recent post on another website: "This is the s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Prokofiev's 5 piano concertos, live: Marinskij/Gergiev etc by fnork @ 32 minutes 13 seconds ago

Just thought this might be interesting to post here! Just a few days ago, the Marinskij orchestra came to Stockholm and performed the five Prokofiev concerti in one evening, in a concert led by Valery Gergiev, the piano parts being executed by Olli M
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: A443For anyone/technician that wants to play around with how these kinds of forces change the sound of the board, please spend a few bucks and get any of the vibrational tabletop speakers. Put the speaker on a piece of spruce a
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by That Tooner @ 32 minutes 42 seconds ago

Marty, I'm working on another song. I was suppose to learn that song 2 years ago along with like 5 others.... Procrastination.. Haha I will hopefully get a few songs learned, depending on time.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by PhilipInChina @ 37 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Keith D KermanOriginally Posted By: Nick MauelOriginally Posted By: Keith D KermanOriginally Posted By: Nick Mauel That is for the soundboard and rim to produce, which can be a limiting factor on older pianos. As well as on ne
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by Steve Cohen @ 40 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AlmavivaSteve, that means that Schimmel will now have FIVE piano lines. Or will this new "Fridolin" line replace either the Schimmel International line, the Wilhelm Schimmel line, or both of them? I haven't got a cl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano with Willie by earlofmar @ 41 minutes 5 seconds ago

it is a shame you have felt forced to move away from your favourite site.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to practice a fast piece for amateur competitions by gooddog @ 43 minutes 49 seconds ago

Running up and down stairs before a performance??? That really made me laugh. Of course not. I meant you should occasionally get your heart rate up before practicing so you can become used to the sensation of an increased heart rate when you are exc
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Minnesota Marty @ 46 minutes 35 seconds ago

Hey Lucas - Great Job! Not only are your tunings first rate, your recording technique exceeds that of your mentor! Bill's cell only goes so far. Isn't it time to expand your repertoire? There are composers other than J. Schmitt.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Collard & Collard by PhilipInChina @ 48 minutes 18 seconds ago

Apropos nothing did you know that Collard pianos are mentioned in "Diary of a nobody" by George and Weedon Grossmith, 1892?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by CJM @ 51 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: adamp88Originally Posted By: CJMthe now antiquated 88-note paradigm. Cute. ...but 110% accurate... Regards Chris
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan by Serge Marinkovic @ Today at 07:05 PM

Has anyone studied maestro Babayan? What is he like teaching wise?
Jump to new posts Re: Pin block not contacting plate flange by Bob @ Today at 07:03 PM

The maker recommends shimming the gap between the pin block and plate flange.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by phacke @ Today at 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: WilliamTruitt Or why the substitution of wire types in the Paulello wire can change the breaking percentage upward or downward. For example, the substitution of Paulello type 1 wire for type M wire on that F21, where the only
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by Mark_C @ Today at 06:50 PM

.....and I think it's time for us to quiz you. Like maybe, does the name really start with "B"? That would only narrow it down by maybe 1% but heck, we take what we can get. And how about this: Is the piece (the basic piece/movement, no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Your favorite composer I may have never heard of?? by Michael Sayers @ Today at 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: ScordaturaThe "Staccato" Etude you posted was once a familiar virtuoso encore piece which, for anyone able to get through it, would be guaranteed to bring the house down. The difficulty isn't ju
Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 ... 112 113 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
134 registered (accordeur, aesop, *windowlicker*, 36251, 36 invisible), 1130 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75984 Members
42 Forums
157152 Topics
2307994 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
No one home?
by ScottM
08/29/14 08:05 PM
Prokofiev's 5 piano concertos, live: Marinskij/Gergiev etc
by fnork
08/29/14 07:36 PM
Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan
by Serge Marinkovic
08/29/14 07:05 PM
Roland RD 800 Dust Cover
by BarryDMD
08/29/14 06:14 PM
OT - Technical help for recording Silent feature to laptop
by casinitaly
08/29/14 05:13 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission