Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
129 registered (Almaviva, ando, Akuden, ajames, 39 invisible), 1453 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tension... by Dave B @ 9 seconds ago

Try playing as fast as you can. Then play as slow as you can. And then try different tempos in between your fastest and slowest. Train yourself to think the music at different tempos.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Steinway Upright regulation problem. by Ed A. Hall @ 8 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Steve Senseney The new hammers are "New Octave Global" where ever they are made. Poor choice of hammers for this particular piano IMHO. Originally Posted By: Steve Senseney The comment about tapering the hammers b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Silly question about Italian pizza songs by Dwscamel @ 8 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CinnamonbearHere is "The Pasta Song" in its natural habitat, "Tarantella Napolitana," a folk dance: That's the one! You're the best, Andy .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Silly question about Italian pizza songs by Mark_C @ 11 minutes 54 seconds ago

....and here's the Polish pizza song....
Jump to new posts Re: what is a piano strings expected life span? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 12 minutes 23 seconds ago

Hi Dennis, The list at the bottom of my article on free pianos, may help you. Here's the link: http://howtotunepianos.com/2013/08/01/evaluating-free-used-pianos/ Good luck. Mark
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Happy birthday, Mozart! by Dwscamel @ 16 minutes 2 seconds ago

. . . Wolfgang party time!!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by lolatu @ 18 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesAs always, thank you for your valuable feedback, lolatu. My comments weren't really aimed at you so I wouldn't call it feedback, but you can use it as such if you want. They were for the members of this forum with an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price of Buying a new Boston Upright UP 118E PE by Kartik @ 19 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: michaelha I thought in India you even have to haggle for a bag of chips at the convenience store I would first point out to the dealer that the MSRP is $11K and offer him $9K. Buhahahaha. This might be eventually what i would
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Whizbang @ 24 minutes 23 seconds ago

Verqueue is great. There are a few of us here who are present because we feel that music is about encouragement, growth, and just the pleasure of music. Not that I'm among them, but the demands of professional level music performance are extreme.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel Price by terminaldegree @ 24 minutes 31 seconds ago

Hi Lukas, I think a 2008 version should be quite reflective of their new production, subject to condition, use, maintenance, and environment. In the interest of honesty, I've spent very little time playing the specific model you mention, but their
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: iLaw And apparently your alma mater's alumni relations office is less efficient than mine. Mine hasn't lost track of my location, place of employment (and apparently my income level) in 40 years! Neither have the three school
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price of Buying a new Boston Upright UP 118E PE by Kartik @ 26 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Almaviva 1) What is your budget?; and 2) Do you prefer an upright, a grand, or either? 1. Budget is $11K to $15K 2. Upright ( Space reasons ) Originally Posted By: Almaviva Keep in mind that I am familiar with U.S. new-piano
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Silly question about Italian pizza songs by Cinnamonbear @ 27 minutes 8 seconds ago

Or, try this: I think it's in 6/8, is it not? At least, it's an 8-count phrase...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Silly question about Italian pizza songs by Cinnamonbear @ 31 minutes 42 seconds ago

Here is "The Pasta Song" in its natural habitat, "Tarantella Napolitana," a folk dance:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Silly question about Italian pizza songs by Dwscamel @ 38 minutes 8 seconds ago

I can hum the first one and I know what you're talking about, it's instantly familiar, but I can't find out what it's called. Now I need to know!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Silly question about Italian pizza songs by Cinnamonbear @ 40 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JoelW [...] The Pasta Song -- John Riggio
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: If you need me, I'll be under this pile of music books... by Dwscamel @ 41 minutes 48 seconds ago

Actually, I went off in search of a pencil yesterday, and I was disappointed that I found only a regular one instead of a mechanical. I also noticed how dull it was. And, hey, I used to collect mechanical pencils and fancy pens (fountain, rollerball
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Travel Keyboard by Dwscamel @ 46 minutes 48 seconds ago

Save up for the new VAX boards on kickstarter! If you're OK with a synth-like action and small keys, check out the Yamaha NP-11.
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Steinway Upright regulation problem. by Steve Senseney @ 47 minutes 31 seconds ago

Regarding a WNG drop in action: I thought about this a lot and a long time as I pieced and glued together the mechanism. This is an appealing thought!! The new hammers are "New Octave Global" where ever they are made. The original trebl
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: "What is Swing?" Patricia Barber takes a whack... by ClsscLib @ 50 minutes 20 seconds ago

I've always wondered about the family relationship between swing in jazz and some classical (and folk) music where, by tradition and expectation, rhythms played differ from what is notated. The best example might be Viennese waltzes, which don't r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Bogányi piano with carbon-fibre soundboard by phantomFive @ 51 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CJMOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: CJM [Stuarts] have the longest sustain of any piano currently on the market. Really? Are you sure? Have you timed it? Yes. Regards Chris How does it compare to Steing
Jump to new posts Re: Sally Conran by ando @ 52 minutes 36 seconds ago

I was expecting this thread to be a discussion about Sally Conran.
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 53 minutes 54 seconds ago

The whole idea of what is an accurate ET and can we get it has also been alluding me. Since I started tuning, I know I've gotten better. I must have, right? Then why do I feel like I am getting worse? During my research I have been tuning using a be
Jump to new posts Re: what is a piano strings expected life span? by ando @ 57 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OperaTenor[I have the good fortune of owning a 1921 Hamilton Manualo that b] to me sounds the same as the day it came out of the factory.[/b] Boy, you must be the oldest technician getting around!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by FarmGirl @ Today at 10:35 PM

Not an achievement. I'm just complaining. I am in Denver again. I have to work tonight preparing tomorrow's meeting. I just practiced violin in my hotel room. It's a cheap electric one for travel. As long as I don't plug in its quiet for others.
Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 ... 113 114 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy birthday, Mozart!
by Dwscamel
01/27/15 11:19 PM
Silly question about Italian pizza songs
by JoelW
01/27/15 09:01 PM
Travel Keyboard
by Kai C
01/27/15 08:50 PM
Sally Conran
by Sally Conran
01/27/15 08:39 PM
Dangerous Move Yami CFX
by Grandman
01/27/15 07:15 PM
Forum Stats
77890 Members
42 Forums
160972 Topics
2364844 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission