Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Which brand has the best key action under 1,000 USD? by peterws @ 3 minutes 34 seconds ago

Small spanner in the works here! Went round the piano shop couple of days ago, you know, to see and feel, and play a test piece. As you do. They were all OK from the Yam Clp585 down to the P105 and the DGX I have including some acoustics. I dislik
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gov. regulations (pending) affecting pianos with ivory... by S. Phillips @ 6 minutes 4 seconds ago

I am not by any means the only person there voicing our concerns. Ashley Turner, the president of the DC area PTG chapter was there as well as representatives from organ builders and others. Many people representing musicians have been working tire
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by ando @ 24 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MarkH I don't like Debussy, Ravel or Brahms very much. They're potential partners who "have great personalities", but I just don't feel that spark. Maybe as life continues, that will change for me, but I've continua
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to the forum and piano by peterws @ 27 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesSome people are allergic to digital. Some of us are allergic to acoustics. . .Not true really. I used to play a straight strung British made upright for years. But the difference was - it stayed in tune! This is
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by sullivang @ 51 minutes 22 seconds ago

Thanks guys (although I ducked that Mac comment! :P ) Greg.
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by Dave Weiser @ Today at 04:27 AM

The velocity response is optimized to match the action in the Forte. I created the Forte preset but not the video. I have no idea what that specific Rhodes in the video actually feels like. On most presets I was going for an average feel based on an
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Communication outside of lessons by AZNpiano @ Today at 04:19 AM

If you don't like calling people, then text them. Or e-mail them. I think you're worrying too much.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by earlofmar @ Today at 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: StarvingLionand I intend to prove that a teacher is not required to play Liszt's Transcendental Etudes. This is my personal thread to provide an experiential guide to becoming a virtuoso simply by practicing the Technische Stu
Among the above, and purely in terms of key action, I'd take the Yamaha GH, i.e. p155. Actally I'm still practicing on one, in one of the places I see regularly, alongside with acoustics and a VPC1 elsewhere. It works.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Morodiene Excuse me, but how is your past as a professional violinist make you an expert in singing on pitch? You play on a string instrument? Play the violin   gives experience for CORRECTIONS intonation, but hardly improve
Jump to new posts Re: Which brand has the best key action under 1,000 USD? by spanishbuddha @ Today at 03:49 AM

Err, but the RD64 has a few keys missing! Yes it has a octave shift key, but for piano forget it. The CDP120 is decent as a controller but the PX150 stands out here in this discussion, so far.
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by EssBrace @ Today at 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: emeneltonIt's a little funny, sometimes the Kurz's seems brighter and sometimes the Rhodes does and sometimes they sound the same. Yes, they've got the sound nailed but clearly the velocity curve on the Kurz doesn't quite matc
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By: 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By: SwissMSI have toyed with this idea myself. I also asked my teacher to help me devise a plan to get to the standard of playing of a BA degree graduate. She was very
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Quote:There are more than a dozen other technical forums for piano technicians. The tech forum on LinkedIn for example, is far better than this one will ever be now. Are piano technicians going to drift away from Pianoworld to Linkedin and other foru
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by Nikolas @ Today at 02:42 AM

Simon, if I may say... Louis's posts are full of rubbish. You saw that. He's also insulting in many levels. You also saw that. Various members here support you obviously (and so do I). Just let it go. The guy's not worth even your googling time!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Communication outside of lessons by Candywoman @ Today at 02:34 AM

1. No, I would not call them. You have emailed them already, and dropped off a note as well. Incidentally, I wouldn't have dropped off the theory either. It's best to just wait 'til the next lesson. 2. Wait until next week. The way I look at it, the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Communication outside of lessons by currawong @ Today at 02:26 AM

I'd be inclined to just wait until next week. It's probably a bit late to do anything much, and just makes you feel - and appear - flustered. (PS: I understand about the phone calls. I much prefer emailing or texting myself. Best thing is to make s
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by fastlanephil @ Today at 02:18 AM

Hey! I thought I'd post a rough-in of some musical ideas, recording directly into my DAW with my MP7 piano patch and strings unedited. This is usually how I start something even if it morphs into something quite different using virtual instruments t
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping swing feel in very fast tempo by Nahum @ Today at 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: 36251 2nd had a few moments that sounded like it was the whole band playing, around 31 seconds... That's the problem: always fragments, never the whole solo.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by SiFi @ Today at 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Louis PodestaIt was not a bad performance Are there some lovely videos out there of you playing the great works of the masters, Louis? Couldn't find much when I googled you. Or maybe some publications? Or maybe anything at al
Jump to new posts Re: Magnesium Protects Against Hearing Loss by Inlanding @ Today at 02:14 AM

As it pertains Magnesium and others, are the standards for purity with pharmaceutical grade supplements vs. the standards for purity with food-grade supplements quite varied - do you know what you're getting or does it really matter? Regardless of yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Mark PolishookOriginally Posted By: mbself To restate the question: What lengths would one have to go to in order to simulate, as closely as is possible, a university degree in piano performance through those resources availabl
Jump to new posts Re: Magnesium Protects Against Hearing Loss by Semei @ Today at 02:01 AM

No wonder my hearing is so good - I take magnesium supplements. FYI Big Pharma manufactures the vitamin raw materials, and the vitamin companies buy from them. You see, Big Pharma has all bases covered!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Prelude by noobpianist90 @ Today at 01:55 AM

This is my first attempt. Software generated audio
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Prelude by noobpianist90 @ Today at 01:52 AM

Composition
Page 1 of 104 1 2 3 ... 103 104 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
Today at 03:17 AM
Prelude
by noobpianist90
Today at 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Communication outside of lessons
by Arghhh
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
What is this piece?
by JoelW
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
Who's Online
49 registered (AZNpiano, Beemer, custard apple, ando, CyberGene, 12 invisible), 1083 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76645 Members
42 Forums
158486 Topics
2327445 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission