Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
83 registered (AZNpiano, ando, aesop, 31 invisible), 1115 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by Nahum @ 9 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By ChazG I have always wanted to learn how to do the first method mentioned above. It seems you have more freedom to play what you want. I find many of the songs played today are just chord accompaniment patterns, while someone si
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By pianoMom2006...as I would probably force my son to participate in the recital. If the child has participated 5 times, why on earth would the child really be frightened now? pushy, pushy? Originally Posted By pianoMom2006...the k
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison between Yamaha GC2 and Kawai RX2 by BruceD @ 12 minutes 9 seconds ago

trithai : FAQ - Piano Forum is a read-only forum. Please post your question in one of the regular interactive forums. Regards,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to get over 40,000,000 clicks on YouTube... by BruceD @ 14 minutes 52 seconds ago

That piano just don't get no respect!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by Kawai James @ 28 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By lolatuExisting customers already have the complete instruments, and they're not generally inclined to buy another, or if they do, they'll sell their instrument to someone else, who will then not buy one new. You're making no mone
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, let's swing Hanon #1 by bolt @ 34 minutes 30 seconds ago

Wow, that almost sounds like bebop
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by Kawai James @ 39 minutes 7 seconds ago

9190, thank you for your suggestions. We will certainly bear these points in mind when planning for the next generation of MP instruments in a few years time. Kind regards, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fazioli Piano I wish to buy by laplandman @ 44 minutes 40 seconds ago

No, US.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Drama! 7 y.o. Student Doesn't want to do Recital this Year! by AZNpiano @ 48 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Candywoman A young child needs a very thorough learning process and recitals can actually interfere with that goal. You can't do sight reading exercises for instance in the six weeks leading up to the recital because the pieces w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital pieces and repeats …. by peterws @ 50 minutes 58 seconds ago

I always listen to the end of most peoples tunes. But it gets harder the longer it gets! Mine will be mercifully short. . . but repeats are great for padding things out a bit.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by Nikolas @ 51 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By teelions less animosity What animosity????? Exactly! WHAT?!?!?!? BTW, nice emoticon there AZN!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: (Sight) Reading material with prerequisites by PhilipInChina @ Today at 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By 255Originally Posted By bennevisMusic that's easy but with a lot of notes? I was obviously referring to the formatting of the page. You can put 10 easy pieces on one single page or write 2 of them in 5 different pages. I prefer t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by ChazG @ Today at 01:18 AM

After doing much research on this topic, I have found there are two different methods of playing by ear. First, playing something you hear directly from the radio or from a recording immediately. I have seen and known pianists that can do this proces
that helps a lot actually, thanks! I haven't been able to find it in anything else other then the now antiquated StudioLogic VMK-176. I heard some older Kurzweil's use the TP-40L, which I might actually like, but I need to try to be sure and seems
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by AZNpiano @ Today at 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By teelions less animosity What animosity?????
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: Pump-action player organ missing player section. by kpembrook @ Today at 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By gsmonksI just acquired an 1880's player pump organ with the player part missing. It's going to require a lot of restoration. I've only given it a cursory looking over at the moment- haven't found the maker's name so far- enough t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rehanging hammers by kpembrook @ Today at 12:31 AM

You may have been better off keeping them as they were. You lost a power advantage which could have helped in the high treble. You could have moved the key end blocks a bit, too, if shimming didn't look right. I use the "shank reducer" se
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is $7900 a good price for a 1998 Baldwin M? by Retsacnal @ Today at 12:23 AM

In keeping with what Ed McMorrow said, I don't encourage people to look for steals as much as I did in the past. As the supply of "great deals" shrinks, the value of some pianos will increase. I've also read some speculation (here on PW) th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by teelions @ Today at 12:04 AM

Okay, I'm done here. Back to the Beginners Forum; less animosity. Thank you to all who tried to be helpful. I did learn something from you. Nothing from you Malkin. Happy with your post?
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 by Ocram @ Today at 12:03 AM

Update: Got my RD back today. Apparently there was "debris" on the lower key contact which was causing the hair-trigger like response on the relevant key. The tech tried to explain it to me but I admit I couldn't quite understand what it
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Entheomost of the faculty have day jobs (teaching) and although many played from memory some did not. my teacher, who played the mozart sonata, had limited time to prepare, and did a fine job. the excuse for the horowitz recreat
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By turandotYes. It is his right to defend his brand. Even if no one here shares his opinion, Agreed. Likewise, I have the right to speak my mind as well. I never said that he has no right to be here, just that I think there's an i
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by teelions @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

Have I insulted you, Malkin? I thought that this forum was a safe place to ask questions. Either I was mistaken or you are.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by malkin @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By teelions...But the pieces have been challenging both to my ear and good taste. I find it difficult to practice them as I need to play them scores of times and I just don't like the music. I will say now that one of the reasons I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Crocus @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Judy - Glad you enjoyed it, it's a great song. Harold Arlen's music and Yip Harburg's lyrics are totally in sync. The song is such a part of our culture that you can hear an instrumental version and it's almost like you're hearing the lyrics at th
Page 1 of 97 1 2 3 96 97 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rehanging hammers
by rysowers
04/26/15 11:03 PM
Yamaha CP4 Best Buy!!!
by tnsettlemo
04/26/15 09:43 PM
Grand Piano House name change
by newgeneration
04/26/15 08:59 PM
Exercises for syncopation
by DeadPoets
04/26/15 08:54 PM
Valentina Lisitsa--web site
by Bech
04/26/15 08:04 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,055 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,572 Topics
2,400,108 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission