Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Embedded ads? by Peyton @ 7 minutes 52 seconds ago

Dang... I have a mac and have never had that kind of problem before. I don't even have a virus scan program.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by prout @ 9 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: pyropaulAs I posted into another thread, just put graph sin(4.4*pi*x)+sin(4.41*pi*x) into google, select horizontal zoom and zoom out. The "beats" that you hear are an amplitude modulation effect. If you put graph sin(
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about finger reach! by David Farley @ 10 minutes 17 seconds ago

Didn't Robert Schumann wreck one of his hands by using some kind of machine that was supposed to increase his reach?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by adamp88 @ 11 minutes 5 seconds ago

A427? Really? What next? Are you going to challenge him to a fight on the playground after school?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Who's inspiring you right now? by Music Me @ 12 minutes 5 seconds ago

Bill Evans, Lyle Mays, Eddie Palmieri, Anat Fort. And that's just the non-classical! Not enough hours in the day!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Sufficient for a Newbie by BrianDX @ 13 minutes 41 seconds ago

I think here is the way I would answer this question both from my point of view and recent history of: 1) being a newbie less than a year ago; 2) owning a "starter" digital piano; 3) Upgrading to my "final" acoustic piano (man it'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by Larry Buck @ 13 minutes 42 seconds ago

Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about finger reach! by carlos88 @ 14 minutes 40 seconds ago

Quote:Now perhaps I have really small hands, but the furthest my hands can span comfortably is one octave, so I can only assume that most of the bass clef notes are played with the right hand? (If anyone has any insights I'd love to know!) Some comp
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: "scoring piano sample"???? by johnlewisgrant @ 15 minutes 29 seconds ago

Yes well the prices ARE high. 199US for 8deo 1928 Steinway. Asked company about vel layers, compression, etc... (I own it, btw.) And it's a bare bones sample which doesn't appear to be about performance or live playing, but about recording. I ha
Jump to new posts Re: First steps for improvisers and composers by tim treford @ 15 minutes 57 seconds ago

Great blogpost, really liked it. Thanks for that!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: grand care by PhilipInChina @ 17 minutes 30 seconds ago

You will all be relieved to know that the piano did not come out with any white spots. The same cannot, however, be said for the floor!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Embedded ads? by AndrewJCW @ 18 minutes 23 seconds ago

That's usually a sign of some sort of malware rubbish on your computer. See if it happens in a different browser? I'd be running a virus scan anyway.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Embedded ads? by Peyton @ 21 minutes 2 seconds ago

I have not been on the forum (or the computer for that matter) all that much lately so I may have missed someone else asking this but is anyone else getting the embedded ads in the general threads? What I'm talking about is, certain words in the thr
Jump to new posts Re: Who's inspiring you right now? by tim treford @ 22 minutes 25 seconds ago

What a nice list of beautiful music, Arizona Sage! I'm listening to Enrico Pieranunzi, Brad Mehldau, Jamie Cullum and Lianne laHavas (sorry, no piano stuff
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things are not working out for me by Peyton @ 27 minutes 40 seconds ago

Teodor, I'll just add my 2 cents... Good for you! I for one am always impressed by someone taking on a music career. It may not feel that way but you are still young. You may feel down now but in the end... it will all be worth it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OK so a 700 pound grand piano walks into my house and... by BrianDX @ 27 minutes 40 seconds ago

The good news is that this problem is more of an annoyance than anything else right now. Whenever someone is playing the other (usually me) tip-toes around to my office. Other than being a pain in the you-know-what, I'm concerned that this extra vib
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: July Concert Program - Signup and Planning Thread by hreichgott @ 28 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: hreichgott....It's disappointing for sure, and I feel badly for those who didn't get to play because a spot was taken by someone who then ended up not playing at the last minute. I hope that next time
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Good popular and classical songs for a piano gig? by fizikisto @ 28 minutes 57 seconds ago

You could do some nice arrangements of hymns, Swing Low Sweet Chariot, Amazing Grace, etc... (or maybe hava nagilla and kol nidrei, depending on the crowd . burgmuller's 25 etudes (op 100) is a really nice selection of fun pieces that sound rea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Sufficient for a Newbie by PhilipInChina @ 29 minutes 31 seconds ago

If you do start with a digital, and are keen, the secret is never to play an acoustic. Once you do, you will never be content with the digital again. At least I wasn't!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OK so a 700 pound grand piano walks into my house and... by PhilipInChina @ 32 minutes 2 seconds ago

We sometimes get a similar problem with snooker tables, which are a good deal heavier than even the heaviest grand piano. I am pleased with my music room. The original floor is on huge oak beams. The boards are not good so I covered those with pine
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by pyropaul @ 35 minutes 5 seconds ago

As I posted into another thread, just put graph sin(4.4*pi*x)+sin(4.41*pi*x) into google, select horizontal zoom and zoom out. The "beats" that you hear are an amplitude modulation effect. If you put graph sin(4.4*pi*x)+sin(6.61*pi*x)- esse
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: July Concert Program - Signup and Planning Thread by hreichgott @ 35 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PoverEveryone, I have an apology to make... I am very very very sorry for not being able to participate! Everything was going according to plan, but then an unexpected trip came along. I had to visit a couple of places (outside
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear by Tiger22 @ 36 minutes 0 seconds ago

For in-ear headphones I personally use the Etymotic ER-4 earphones. I have custom earmoulds for them and the combination is stunning - certainly better than the HD-598s.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OK so a 700 pound grand piano walks into my house and... by Minnesota Marty @ 44 minutes 41 seconds ago

Ah yes - L'Únorme Ballet! Didn't I see them in Fantasia?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Sufficient for a Newbie by wimpiano @ 48 minutes 16 seconds ago

I agree with jdw. Troys renting suggestion is also good to consider. I love my piano and it wasn't all that expensive (ok, I was lucky).
Page 1 of 124 1 2 3 ... 123 124 >
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
149 registered (ajames, Abby Pianoman, Alex-SapRenovation, AndresD, 44 invisible), 1564 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75509 Members
42 Forums
156150 Topics
2293147 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Embedded ads?
by Peyton
16 minutes 22 seconds ago
Who's inspiring you right now?
by Arizona Sage
51 minutes 37 seconds ago
Best way to dispose of an old piano?
by fizikisto
Today at 08:33 AM
Mendelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
Today at 04:08 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 02:46 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission