Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich and Prokofiev by bennevis @ 4 minutes 30 seconds ago

Composers damning other composers is nothing new. Mozart on Clementi, Brahms on Wagner (and vice versa)...all the way to Boulez's damning of any contemporary composer who wrote tunes .
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Jon Page @ 11 minutes 13 seconds ago

Until Ron Koval's temperaments surfaced, to introduce someone to WT's you'd use either the Moore or Broadwood's Best. As 'mild' as these are, they produced some 3rds and 5ths which didn't settle well with my customers. After trying many non-ET's, I e
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by keystring @ 22 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mark R. In answer to the first part: What I have described is what I learnt from my mother (who studied music in Germany), and also from my German speaking teachers here in South Africa. You are welcome to cross-check this, fo
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by keystring @ 28 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GadzarFor what I understand, "Perfect" is a reminiscence of the old days, when it was used for intervals in fact pure, beatless, perfectly harmonious. Today, the word "perfect" is used only to differentiate
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Gadzar @ 47 minutes 27 seconds ago

For what I understand, "Perfect" is a reminiscence of the old days, when it was used for intervals in fact pure, beatless, perfectly harmonious. Today, the word "perfect" is used only to differentiate from diminished or augmente
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!! by MandyD @ 50 minutes 3 seconds ago

Happy Birthday
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by Allard @ 53 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JaydenI chose To Zanarkand myself. Might be nice to hear both of our versions. I skipped the 4 bars near the end though, as, while I could play it, I couldn't play it well enough yet(imo) so I am submitting a shortened version o
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks Mr SH, I am glad I found such a lovely place as well. My my that's one big job you got on your hands there. Make me feel real wimpish for putting off painting our little box we call home.
Jump to new posts Re: Tight Key ?? by Gadzar @ Today at 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By: BDBYou are raising the key above its normal height? That is not a good thing to do. It will bind on the balance rail pin, which can damage the key while causing the effect you are seeing. Most keysets have something that keeps
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Mark R. @ Today at 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: keystringDo we know how it is taught in all schools in German speaking countries? I know that in English speaking countries there are differences. Is it not possible that the same is true in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland?
Piano Forum
Could you tell more about this specific Steinway K52? If looks and so on are a factor you might consider a (rebuilt) Steinway Victorian upright as well. Don't know how they are sound and action wise compared to the K52 but they sure do look beautiful
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!! by wimpiano @ Today at 05:26 AM

Congratulations and many happy returns of the day!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!! by UKIkarus @ Today at 05:19 AM

Happy Birthday
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 vs CA95 by markmarz @ Today at 05:17 AM

The MP11 finally arrived! Sitting on the K&M 18950 with the extenders inserted but fully collapsed the floor to key top height is just under 29 1/4". Same measurement for K-3 upright is 30 1/4" .. almost exactly 1" greater. I'll me
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Mark R. @ Today at 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: Mark R.Tim, I agree with you. The qualifier "perfect" adds no value. By the way, in German, we do exactly what you are calling for: we simply call the intervals a fourth ("Quarte")
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by keystring @ Today at 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark R. The qualifier "rein" is used in a tuning context, but not in a music theory context. It means (literally) "pure". Note that any interval can be "rein": even a major third (reine Durterz) or
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by keystring @ Today at 04:52 AM

Originally Posted By: TimROriginally Posted By: Chris Leslie When a theory teacher plays a 5th on a piano for demonstration, it is actually tempered probably, but it is considered to be a "perfect" 5th and the tempering is ignored. But in
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Mark R. @ Today at 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: keystringOriginally Posted By: Mark R.By the way, in German, we do exactly what you are calling for: we simply call the intervals a fourth ("Quarte") and fifth ("Quinte"). When I first started formal music th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: what do you think piano teachers about it? by Art_Vandelay @ Today at 04:49 AM

George is getting upset!!!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!! by CarlosCC @ Today at 04:49 AM

From a Portuguese Leo to an Australian Leo: Happy birthday my friend!!!!! I bet you're going to do a huge party with lots of food, friends and music! Have a nice day!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by LarryMan @ Today at 04:44 AM

Starboard, I hope you sort the problem soon I did some research for the K&M 18950 and according to the http://www.thomann.de/gb/km_18950.htm the dimensions are: 650-890(H) x 650-1030(W) x 395mm (D). Weight: 10kg which allows you to adjust
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning progress by Art_Vandelay @ Today at 04:40 AM

They can be, but they can also be motivational. Getting a 6 year old to practice consistently isn't easy. He'll most likely work a lot harder if he knows he doesn't want to look bad.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich and Prokofiev by Verbum mirabilis @ Today at 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: argerichfanOriginally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes Later, of course, there was a rush to cast him as having been anti-Soviet. Was this true or was this simply the wishful thinking of those who want to believe he's something he wasn
Originally Posted By: littlebirdblueThe biggest issue I'm having with it is with its pedal. Just an FYI if you decide to keep the PX-150 - I replaced the pedal with an M-Audio SP-2. Much better, more stable.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by Mr Super-Hunky @ Today at 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: TrapperJohnOriginally Posted By: Mr Super-HunkyWell I've been on 25'-30'scaffolding for the past 3 months staining the lodge with oil. I can't even begin to tell you how sick of smelling like a fish every night is. Plus the a
Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 ... 115 116 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
73 registered (36251, AndrewJCW, beeboss, Allard, 19 invisible), 1271 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156299 Topics
2295459 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!!
by CarlosCC
Today at 04:49 AM
Tight Key ??
by moy71
Today at 01:15 AM
Learning progress
by sunnyday
Today at 01:10 AM
How old is a Ahlborn-Galanti Digital Pipe Organ Chronicler
by Chopinlover49
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
1906 Steinway K52 purchase for recording studio?
by nlive
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission