Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for alternative repertoire for 8th grader? by Jonathan Baker @ 4 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PianogrlNW Her specific complaint is that she doesn't feel an emotional connection to the pieces she's working on. Your daughter's complaint is legitimate - the majority of RCM level 6 pieces are solidly boring and do not cons
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by Jtreimer @ 7 minutes 36 seconds ago

No hardware issues I just checked. Unless there is a certain type of USB Type A to Type B Cable.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by JoelW @ 12 minutes 36 seconds ago

I'll start the second one. Give me a minute.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by Polyphonist @ 19 minutes 24 seconds ago

No, dire tonic, it is quite hard to read...I wonder if you could download one of those free notation programs and use that? Anyway, this piece is quickly turning into total nonsense, so maybe we should scrap it and start another one? Nevertheless, I
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by Mark_C @ 29 minutes 43 seconds ago

BTW, I just want to add to everything else that's been said: It is great that you have continued as such a great and active member here. I think it's no exaggeration to say that since it was the Video Contest that brought you here, we are its biggest
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ack! My piano is diseased! by hreichgott @ 33 minutes 19 seconds ago

At least she didn't come in to you while YOU were practicing... Hope she feels better soon.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Connect virtual piano to a loopstation? by Gadzar @ 35 minutes 55 seconds ago

Firewood and rust... Hahaha!!! Good one
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by Inlanding @ 42 minutes 7 seconds ago

Thank you, Wayne!
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by newbert @ 42 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: David FarleyYamaha has a special manual on their download page for the DGX-650 but it doesn't say much other than to plug it in. And really that's all you should need to do - most MIDI-aware apps are just listening. The first th
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by emenelton @ 42 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PianoManChuckOriginally Posted By: Kawai JamesI'm guessing T-Bone Burnett. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T_Bone_Burnett Good one! You're probably right... I would not have thought of that... You're pulling my leg!
Jump to new posts Re: Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP by Kawai James @ 49 minutes 12 seconds ago

SCD, welcome to the forum. If you already have access to a reasonably powerful computer, I would strongly consider pursuing the software route, rather than a 'hardware' digital piano. A good quality MIDI controller connected to software running on
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by JoelW @ 51 minutes 16 seconds ago

They're the foundation of harmony, which is more important to understand than to play scales at a whiz-tastic speed. (but both are good )
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by wayne33yrs @ 56 minutes 35 seconds ago

Well wishes to you Inlanding x.......Break a leg Griffin x ...fizikisto, that's amazing, love it <3 One more from me, night guys xxx
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by pianoloverus @ 57 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusI don't think this goal is appropriate for even the top 1% no less anyone else. Playing scales quickly, evenly, smoothly, and with good tone is not the same as playing scales with emo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by Axtremus @ 59 minutes 12 seconds ago

Dire tonic, it's fine ... Have fun and no need to take every comment too seriously. Glad to see the active participation ...I am traveling right now but hoping to continue wherever you guys leave off whenever I get to a stop where I can post pictur
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by Jtreimer @ Today at 08:27 PM

Ok, thanks I'll go check it out and see if it works.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt - La Leggierezza by doctor S @ Today at 08:26 PM

Having played this piece with the thirds ossia, it "sounds better" to me with them in. However, out of dozen or so professional recordings I've heard of it, Farnadi might be near the top. And CanCakmur could place among them also.
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Gadzar @ Today at 08:25 PM

16 pianos tuned per day? 25 minutes at each piano? No way! What kind of tuning can be achieved in 25 minutes? And the tuner ís supposed to do minor voicing, check action, adjust pedals, tighten bench legs, etc.? Twice a year?
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by SMHaley @ Today at 08:18 PM

School district?
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES100 splitting point by Kawai James @ Today at 08:16 PM

tower120, I do not believe it is possible to set the split point on the ES100. I did not work on the ES100 owner's manual, so can only assume that this is an explanation error. I shall inform my colleagues that the mistake needs to be addressed. Th
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by PianoManChuck @ Today at 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesI'm guessing T-Bone Burnett. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T_Bone_Burnett Good one! You're probably right... I would not have thought of that...
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by David Farley @ Today at 08:12 PM

I meant to say, Yamaha has a special manual just for iPad/iPhone connections.
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by David Farley @ Today at 08:11 PM

Yamaha has a special manual on their download page for the DGX-650 but it doesn't say much other than to plug it in. And really that's all you should need to do - most MIDI-aware apps are just listening. The first thing I would check is, is the camer
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by David Jenson @ Today at 08:09 PM

Yikes! Taking a job like that sounds like a really good way to get old quick.
Jump to new posts Re: False beating and unison tuning by SMHaley @ Today at 08:05 PM

I think that we're all of a mind that if it doesn't sound good then it doesn't matter. What seems to vary is what ever that subjective threshold is.
Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 ... 100 101 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
10/20/14 07:58 PM
Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia!
by Jtreimer
10/20/14 07:21 PM
Piano tuning career prospects 2014
by Morrisos
10/20/14 06:56 PM
Ack! My piano is diseased!
by TwoSnowflakes
10/20/14 06:34 PM
Painting Piano Keys
by imustlearn
10/20/14 06:00 PM
Who's Online
122 registered (anamnesis, anotherscott, accordeur, Alkanaut, 35 invisible), 1457 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158391 Topics
2325846 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission