Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
190 registered (ajames, anamnesis, accordeur, Alexander Borro, A Guy, amethystia, 50 invisible), 1681 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why not a worm drive to tension strings? by SMHaley @ 2 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By TunewerkThat's a good question.. Some say the piano is meant to go out of tune, and the ability of strings on pins to give, along with the crown of the soundboard is supposed to maintain downbearing in the system over time. As
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ 5 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By griffin2417Carlos, thank you for your kind remarks about Clair de Lune, I'm glad I did present it. I now feel free to take some more time with it. Stay tuned! I really enjoyed your performance of Fairytale. I'm interested
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by Rerun @ 6 minutes 46 seconds ago

Yep, I beg to differ too ... a banjo helped pay for this one-of-a-kind houseboat. I'd guess Bluegrass is probably more popular over here than boogie woogie or classical: https://www.youtube.com/embed/-RaFApVP0zU
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Valencia @ 7 minutes 4 seconds ago

I'm counting my Schumann pieces and I started one of them in 2014. I will also count any pieces I started in other years but focused on this year to improve. For example after the Schumann recital, I'm going to pick up Mysterious Barricades again bec
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Fang @ 8 minutes 43 seconds ago

Thanks all. As far as I remember, the technician showed me the action part and explained to me why it is in the good/excellent shape/response? I do not know much about the touchweight until I got home and searching. I will ask the technician to c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by blackjack1777 @ 9 minutes 46 seconds ago

BSW my teacher is the same way. I will pass a song after working on it for a week and then she will add some interpretation that she wants me to perform and I'll be "stuck" working on it for another week. Its fun though, some of the things
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by dewster @ 9 minutes 54 seconds ago

Thanks to BusyWait we have a DPBSD MP3 of the Roland DP401R! BusyWait has this to say: Quote:The Roland DP401R has 3 "SuperNatural" piano sounds amongst the hundreds of different tones it can produce. These recordings were made with Piano
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restringing an old piano, little help? by SMHaley @ 12 minutes 55 seconds ago

The tools alone and the additional parts that will be necessary afterward (dampers etc.) when one realizes how worn out they are, will quickly run in to what it would cost for a professional. Stringing a piano is not as easy as putting piano wire on
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Share your favorite/most useful practice tools! by Pover @ 15 minutes 41 seconds ago

Hey guys. I know most of you are advanced players, and that you're well beyond the point where you need to worry about which methods to use to perfect certain passages, but I thought I'd start this thread in the hopes of getting a lot of information
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by MRC @ 19 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiOften, someone who selects a university recital hall piano will choose one with a heavy action, again to "develop the fingers.". I think this idea is outdated. I'd go into the details some other time, but suf
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about dynamic range by dewster @ 23 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By bjorn of brekkukotI use Pianoteq, and I set my dynamic range to around 50 db, but I wonder: do headphones slightly compress the sound? Should the dynamic range be different, depending on whether you're using headphones or speaker
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Warning: Explicit Image by SMHaley @ 27 minutes 47 seconds ago

I always wondered what the story was about the Bosie. Now I know. I think several of us have stories of clients trying to move a grand and unaware of the risks if done improperly.
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by Macy @ 29 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By R_BOriginally Posted By jefinhoPhilip_Johnston or yonatan: What do you think of the fact that repedaling is not supported? Do you mis it? Can you hear it? Does anyone know if Garritan will really update the CFX and fix the repe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wm Knabe & Co 1894 upright grand piano by SMHaley @ 33 minutes 54 seconds ago

Given the age and that everything is original, such a rebuild is going to be close to five digits, if not well in to the five digits.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai's, Virtual Technician and "piano rumble" by TonyB @ 34 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By BellicapelliOriginally Posted By R_BHmmm, I kinda/sorta agree with Dewster on a lot of this. My own guitar quest has been towards "Classical" and I have to add that holding that big ole wooden resonant cavity has someth
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Direction by SMHaley @ 36 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By R_BOriginally Posted By rysowersSo far so good! We had the factory put a new soundboard in one of our new clients and we were happy with the results. Also Steinway is opening a new store near Benaroya hall in downtown Seattle.
Jump to new posts Re: The action in the Roland HP508 and HP506 respectively by TonyB @ 40 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By bennevis You'd have taken up the guitar instead. Hey now I resemble that remark in some respects. I have played guitar as my primary instrument for many years, largely because as an acoustic instrument, it is very portabl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by JohnSprung @ 40 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Tony RomoI only practice "Hands Separately" if I am figuring out how to finger something difficult, or I am having trouble with some aspect of that phrase that needs specific attention. Otherwise, "Hands Together&
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording your practices by ZikO @ 41 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By wouter79Yes that is a good point. But it depends on where you are coming from From the digital world, the analog sound would be perfect (matching the theory) if no components above nyquist freqency are in the signal. Then, the
Jump to new posts Re: Got a Kawai MP11 by kanadajin @ 42 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By clobboThere's a demo MP10 at one of our local music shops for $2100CDN.. a new MP11 is $3400CDN. Is an MP11 "$1300" better over the MP10? What's the reliability like on these keyboards? There are 2 aspects to this
Jump to new posts Re: Got a Kawai MP11 by peterws @ 43 minutes 47 seconds ago

FWIW real classical (church)organs have enormously long keys . . . and a lovely light touch. Well, the digitals I played did . . .and the real pipe organs sometimes have an electronic action which is similar. The non electronic action is heavier an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bass strings on 52" upright? by SMHaley @ 47 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By VivancoShould I keep the original bass strings on my US-50 Kawai upright (mid 80's)? If i change them will i get a louder and deeper bass? If so, which brand of bass strings do i ask a tech to use??? I love the bass on America
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Would like your opinion on a used Yamaha C3 I'm considering by Robert 45 @ 49 minutes 11 seconds ago

Digitaleagle, welcome to Piano World! Your longish post is very helpful as it gives a clearer description of this piano. Of course, the condition and value of the piano can be determined only by a thorough appraisal of the piano by a professional
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing your musicianship by PianogrlNW @ 51 minutes 29 seconds ago

I'm now caught up and on Lesson 5. Some of the information early on is pretty basic but I like his teaching style and he pulls the information about the blues, 7th chords and pentatonic scales together in an easy to understand format. The 735 rule wa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by pavanne1 @ 55 minutes 12 seconds ago

I recommend that my students do the 80% method . That is 2x right 2x left and then once hands together. I still remember my first lesson I told my teacher I would NEVER play with both hands at the same time. But one note leads to another and sooner o
Page 1 of 118 1 2 3 117 118 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Share your favorite/most useful practice tools!
by Pover
03/02/15 04:02 PM
Korsakov-Cziffra Flight of the Bumblebee - my recent perf.
by ecm
03/02/15 02:27 PM
NEUMEYER PIANO
by catoliveira1986
03/02/15 02:16 PM
Would like your opinion on a used Yamaha C3 I'm considering
by digitaleagle
03/02/15 02:03 PM
Is this touch weight ok for practice?
by Fang
03/02/15 01:33 PM
Forum Stats
78,372 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,000 Topics
2,378,828 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission