Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
121 registered (Amosdoll, ajames, angga888, ando, anamnesis, 31 invisible), 1418 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Morodiene @ 03/25/15 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By Sand TigerI started with a Yamaha NP11 (61 plastic keys) and now have a Casio PX150. Some will sneer at these choices, so be it. However, they fit my level of commitment and my level of income and budget. I see piano as a hobby.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP series Piano sample SOUND question by lophiomys @ 03/25/15 07:26 AM

There is still the power of public opinion and customers buying or deciding not to buy. And a lot of warranty repairs and bad word of mouth to be easily avoided. There would also be the possibility to fit a better sound module inside the MP7/MP11 an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by Morodiene @ 03/25/15 07:26 AM

Sorry for the double-post. Some resources you may want to check into: Try copying some Bach keyboard music. Note for note onto staff paper. This was what J.S. assigned his children to do when teaching them composition. Do a few inventions and you'll
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by Morodiene @ 03/25/15 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1Originally Posted By pianolearnerstridepiano_prime_1, have you written anything yet... what are your specific goals... do you want to write pop songs or symphonies? My goal is to know the theory of music composit
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by dire tonic @ 03/25/15 07:10 AM

I don't quite get the 8gb ram requirement since it's usually determined by Kontakt and its preload buffer. So, if you've a fast drive (any SSD) it should be possible to dial that down somewhat, maybe even a lot. A min 2.4ghz cpu would put me on the
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by stamkorg @ 03/25/15 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By Digitalguy Also they don't say how much space this takes on a disk, Considering their Steinway 1969, which requires 5Gb on the disk for +/-9000 samples, this one should need between 25-40 Gb, maybe less if they have made the ch
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I can't play left hand :( by PhilipInChina @ 03/25/15 07:04 AM

Below is a list of forum members who did NOT have problems playing both hands when they started learning:
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by Digitalguy @ 03/25/15 06:54 AM

It sounds good but in addition to being quite expensive, it has very high minimum requirements. I don't know how many people have at least 8 GB of RAM. The 2-3 PCs/tablets devoted to music that I use have no more than 4GB. So I should use one of the
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA DGX-650 vs. YDP-142 Arius by rowny @ 03/25/15 06:53 AM

Thank you James. I found the Kawai CN-14. Are KDP90 and CN-14 identical? The logo seems different, also I can't see a red strip on the CN-14. Otherwise, they look the same.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by Chris Leslie @ 03/25/15 06:46 AM

The head of the stick should not have any ledges. It must taper smoothly in both forward and backward directions otherwise it will always catch on wires and things when moving it around. Could the chopstick have one end wide to fit between tri-chord
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I can't play left hand :( by DragonPianoPlayer @ 03/25/15 06:27 AM

To recap my point about practicing slowly when you first start playing hands together you need to Work with incredibly small chunks or music. It may be a single mesure or less. Practice slower than you can possibly imagine. It may be 15 seconds for
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by TonyB @ 03/25/15 06:26 AM

One perspective on the various keybeds - reading over in the acoustic piano forum, one will quickly see that there does not seem to be agreement on what keybed is the "right" one. There is a lot of variability among acoustic keybeds and ho
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by Just Alan @ 03/25/15 06:25 AM

I'm afraid to say that I have the G4 phenomenon on my MP7 too. I actually noticed it as soon as I switched it on after buying it, but wondered whether it was associated with the acoustic resonance of the room that it was situated in. Of course, sin
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by Molto lombardo @ 03/25/15 06:23 AM

I teach kids here in Finland in a local music school and we expect every piece to be performed from memory (in piano recitals). We have a national examination curriculum and there it also says, that pieces should be performed from memory in exams. O
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by sullivang @ 03/25/15 06:09 AM

I thought he said "it's such a f***kin great KEYS". Anyway it does sound very good. Greg.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do YOU count? (when practicing) by Molto lombardo @ 03/25/15 05:38 AM

This is a very interesting subject and goes to Piano Teaching Forum also. I teach piano for kids and have this kind of system: First before they play they must be able to clap individual rhythms (separate hands) and sing them also (with syllable &quo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult Piano Blog by CarlosCC @ 03/25/15 05:28 AM

I wish I could have time to share my experience too... Thanks for sharing moscheles001
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by TheodorN @ 03/25/15 05:28 AM

I've been watching Lypur's (Andrew Furmanczyk's) videos on music theory again, after having seen them originally about three years ago, and found out he talks about composing in some of the videos. You don't have to go through all the videos, in the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by CarlosCC @ 03/25/15 05:25 AM

Originally Posted By dmdIt is interesting the number of times the word "EASY" comes up in this forum. LOL .... Everybody wants easy. Sorry, there is no such animal in music. It all takes hard work. If you do that hard work you will get
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by RaggedKeyPresser @ 03/25/15 05:22 AM

Nobody has a favorite way to play the repeated G# note in the RH starting in bar 28 with maximum control? I've tried a search in here, but the search engine just keeps chugging away and never showing a result.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wrist pain by outo @ 03/25/15 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By chopin_r_usI would wear something like this to preempt any damage if there is a lot of finger action. I did years ago while I built the muscles/ligaments required. Thanks, I bought one already... I am also going to have a ne
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by RaggedKeyPresser @ 03/25/15 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1Originally Posted By pianolearnerstridepiano_prime_1, have you written anything yet... what are your specific goals... do you want to write pop songs or symphonies? My goal is to know the theory of music composit
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann - Sonata G minor op. 22 by verqueue @ 03/25/15 04:29 AM

Yeah, it's the only one instrument I can practice on. Action isn't so bad, it's Renner. I played this Sonata on recital recently, there was a good grand, but my reharsal was short, so I didn't have time for recording . And I haven't got portable r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What happened in 1980? by Jean Claude @ 03/25/15 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By hogfanOriginally Posted By phackeMichaelha, my rocker beats your rocker�and unlike the other guys, he is still kicking hard. (Steven Tyler...Major piano guy) image courtesy martin snow pianos. best wishes... Be still
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by chopin_r_us @ 03/25/15 04:14 AM

Aesthetically I love the idea of weight damping. The idea of springs seem so mechanical!
Page 110 of 112 < 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What happened to Polyphonist?
by JoelW
36 minutes 13 seconds ago
Sohmer Upright piano model 34A
by dbf
Today at 09:25 PM
A long over due update...
by Les Koltvedt
Today at 09:04 PM
Piano Movers Tightened a Leg Bolt too Tightly
by pianoman9
Today at 08:17 PM
descending thirds with right hand
by pianu_reeves
Today at 06:40 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,727 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,896 Topics
2,390,926 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission