Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Using a piano tilter safely by Gadzar @ 08/26/14 12:16 AM

It happened to me! Exactly the same! Except that the tilter didn't touch me and iron plate was removed earlier off the piano. I had have tilted the piano several times with the old casters with no problems so I was confident nothig would happen, then
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Trying to decide by Jennymomofboys @ 08/26/14 12:13 AM

Everyone here is so knowledgeable. I'm trying to decide what to do. I have played since I was 11. I took lessons as a child and just loved every minute of it. I was encouraged to major in music, but I was more interested in science as a career.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Easiest of the bach inventions? by Ritzycat @ 08/26/14 12:05 AM

True. Although I would assume those are more difficult than the Inventions which I still struggle to play.
Jump to new posts Outdoor piano by Chuck Behm @ 08/26/14 12:01 AM

Hi all - If any of you have experience with prepping a piano for placing outside in a downtown location, I would appreciate hearing your ideas. I have a guild meeting scheduled in my shop on September 10, and we will be taking a Wurlitzer console an
Jump to new posts Re: Using a piano tilter safely by Chuck Behm @ 08/25/14 11:56 PM

Ryan - Those types of things happen to us all, even when we've been in business for years. Just yesterday, I was in my shop (by myself) taking the sides off an upright to replace the pinblock. I had the piano laid back flat on one of my tilters, and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: about soft pedal and sostenuto pedal by BruceD @ 08/25/14 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoI don't know if it's true, but I heard once that playing forte while using the una corda can "de-tune" a piano very fast. It makes sense, but can someone elucidate here?
Jump to new posts Re: Using a piano tilter safely by kpembrook @ 08/25/14 11:46 PM

Sorry about your bump. (But it would have gone viral if it could have been posted on YouTube!) There's another approach. . . Just tip the piano on its side (so it looks like a giant accordion). It's pretty easy to do since you aren't changing the
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTPaul678, There is nothing like the tightness and clarity of my rebuilt pianos available as new. I am not belittling your experience, just pointing out that there are alternative experiences. The solidity and tigh
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interviewing for a piano teaching job by Arghhh @ 08/25/14 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Peter K. MoseJust out of curiousity, what is the rate split between the studio and yourself for each of the two positions? Substitute piano teaching sounds pretty dreadful, unless you are covering for someone's maternity leave
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: PianoTeq typical configuration at home/studio by Mike407 @ 08/25/14 11:39 PM

So, if I added an audio interface (considering the Scarlett 2i4), I would hook midi in and out to the 2i4 midi in and out, the USB to pianoteq and then run the monitors from the balanced trs ports to the monitors, correct? The headphones would run f
Adult Beginners Forum
Mike, I like Rachel Jimenez's Fundamental Keys. It's inexpensive, and it makes a great supplement to the alfred's method (though it can be used stand-alone too, that's what it is designed for). It starts out with very simple pieces, but with r
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interviewing for a piano teaching job by Peter K. Mose @ 08/25/14 11:30 PM

Just out of curiousity, what is the rate split between the studio and yourself for each of the two positions? Substitute piano teaching sounds pretty dreadful, unless you are covering for someone's maternity leave or a longterm illness. Does it mean
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai USA customer service - an appreciation by Abby Pianoman @ 08/25/14 11:27 PM

I have yet to find a need to contact Kawai Customer Service for anything. I have been following with interest the different posts about the problems, (technical, physical or otherwise) that people are encountering with their Kawai Digital Pianos. M
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Shimmel grand vs vintage (1930's) rebuilt Steinway O by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/25/14 11:24 PM

Sally is spot on!
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: We Are The World Piano Cover by Phuc Pham @ 08/25/14 11:24 PM

Thank you!Everyone for enjoying my video
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Shimmel grand vs vintage (1930's) rebuilt Steinway O by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/25/14 11:23 PM

Paul678, There is nothing like the tightness and clarity of my rebuilt pianos available as new. I am not belittling your experience, just pointing out that there are alternative experiences. The solidity and tightness of the action pinning and key-bu
Adult Beginners Forum
My teacher signed off on O Sol Mio and Jericho today so the pages in book one are getting thin. Lots of work left but I've started thinking about book 2, which she uses. I okay with that but I'd also like a parallel classical book as I'd like to be p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/25/14 11:10 PM

BDB, Glad the scammer got nailed! I have found the only way to realistically evaluate a musical instrument is to experience it in real time. Recordings, testimonials, etc., none of that means much compared to real time reality. Since you do rescal
Jump to new posts Re: Using a piano tilter safely by David Jenson @ 08/25/14 11:03 PM

I hate it when stuff like that happens. You can always think of how to avoid a mishap like that in the future, but the embarrassing fact that it happened has a way of intruding on a sacrosanct air of competence for weeks. Yes, those ratchet straps a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: pianoloverusmusic world says cellist. Why should they be any different from anyone else? "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks, Alux. I think I do a little too much looking around the internet, and get myself confused in the process.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Search by Jonathan Baker @ 08/25/14 10:43 PM

Frank, you are looking for a musical relationship more than a piano teacher in the traditional sense. And that is OK as long as you put that up front, and you are doing that. Some piano teachers are amiable to that arrangement, while others are not
Jump to new posts Selling my Roland RD 700-SX by Rob Mullins @ 08/25/14 10:31 PM

Hi everybody, I'm selling my Roland RD 700-SX. It is six years old and I'm not using it much now since I am recording my Kawai grand at home for my albums. It is in great condition and has been fully brought to pristine condition by Pierre Julia,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice about scales by earlofmar @ 08/25/14 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: earlofmarmmmmm......what on earth is touch function? Touch sensitivity - meaning the faster the velocity with which the key is pressed, the louder the volume. Standard on digital pianos and some
Jump to new posts Re: Using a piano tilter safely by Zeno Wood @ 08/25/14 10:23 PM

Glad to hear you're ok. I've heard of people's feet being crushed by the falling piano - there are lots of bones in the feet. I always use a ratchet strap, even on the smallest of uprights. It doesn't need to be a huge one, mine was about $15 from
Page 110 of 114 < 1 2 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
154 registered (acortot, accordeur, A Guy, 36251, 43 invisible), 1686 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76033 Members
42 Forums
157213 Topics
2309060 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Arrangers Comparable to Marilynn Ham Suggestions
by Hunt
Today at 04:13 PM
Bach well tempered clavier vs goldberg variations
by hag01
Today at 04:09 PM
Why are pianos measured by external dimensions?
by smrkdown
Today at 02:11 PM
Do you "swing" your Courante?
by Cinnamonbear
Today at 01:47 PM
Kawai MP6 and settings via MIDI
by Lania
Today at 01:10 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission