Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
83 registered (Almaviva, Adypiano, AZNpiano, babybearyan, a-z0-9, 18 invisible), 932 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Intermediate Debussy by barbaram @ 05/21/15 07:51 AM

There's a big long graded list of pieces that does the rounds on the internet. Take the gradings with a pinch of salt - I have no idea whether they are supposed to relate to any particular exam board etc, and anyway everyone's strengths and weaknesse
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by armani @ 05/21/15 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By Qaroll Is it possible to use "auto wah wah" effect in MP7 without expression pedal? I tried to assign my Damper pedal to do the job but I failed. I mean, the result was not as I expected. I want to use it with Clav sou
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
it is , but sure it is not so much perceived Stacatto and legato depends of the percussion, changes are not as large as we wish, as the control on the hammer is lost more or less late; generally sooner than we believe, but the pianist try to "k
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Intermediate Debussy by SwissMS @ 05/21/15 07:44 AM

I agree with all of the above choices. I have played La fille aux chevaux de lin and Arabesque 1. Both were wonderful pieces to learn. Arabesque, my favourite, is great for late intermediate, and is a true crowd pleaser. Once you get the 3 over 2 p
Adult Beginners Forum
Here is an excerpt from Elisse Milne's blog, the originator of the 40 piece challenge. The idea is to have some pieces at your level and a lot of pieces below your level. The goal is to complete a piece per week. The pieces at your level will obvi
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by armani @ 05/21/15 07:37 AM

Originally Posted By Dave King[ For anyone who would like to have a copy of the current MP7 Owner's Manual (MP7_EN_20141030_R101.pdf) with the suggested bookmarks and links, I have added a bookmarks panel and clickable links on the cover page and on
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by armani @ 05/21/15 07:32 AM

My god that another new feature i will never have known !! The other new thing i have discover is that the MP7 could play if i understand one composition in midi made on my computer !! Wow I was just discovering the 128 inside sounds now 256 to disc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What sounds like like mellow Yamaha, except moreso? by PhilipInChina @ 05/21/15 07:28 AM

Therego?? Why would a company do R & D if they then had to share the results with their rivals? The primary duty of company directors is to maximise the value of the company. When I go to work it is purely to earn money for me. Companies are n
Jump to new posts Re: The "piano meastro" - anyone ever buy/use it by Thomas B @ 05/21/15 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By Thomas BOriginally Posted By BellicapelliOriginally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By BellicapelliYou can nicely play without reading, or even be able to read. The point is: do you know what
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song from my youth by guyl @ 05/21/15 07:19 AM

Try "playing" the song here and then clicking on search. http://www.musipedia.org/flash_piano.html
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Bad Blood - Taylor Swift Piano Cover by elpianodejorgito @ 05/21/15 07:13 AM

Here you have this amazing arrangement composed by me! HOPE YOU LIKE IT! SUBSCRIBE! Click Here !! Amazing Piano cover
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by chopin_r_us @ 05/21/15 07:10 AM

The supposition is staccato and legato get different effects at the same dynamic both with the pedal down.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai dealer: 280 km roundtrip for nuttin by Morodiene @ 05/21/15 07:06 AM

You didn't mention Scriabin! Are you playing mostly classical then? How much synth would you actually be playing? If you're going to play Scriabin and his ilk, then the MP11 or the VPC1 is the way to go. You can set the touch to Light + when using e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Intermediate Debussy by Andy Platt @ 05/21/15 07:02 AM

The two I've done are the Arabesque #1 and Dr Gradus ad Parnassum. Both are late intermediate pieces, both are wonderful to learn and play. If I picked one it would probably be the arabesque.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein B208 or Schimmel K230 by wimpiano @ 05/21/15 06:53 AM

Originally Posted By N e v e r l a n dExactly is. So how do I judge or determine the "true value" for a piano. I can only make a comparison.:( Why would you want to. Each piano you mention is well worth the money asked. If you can haggle e
WHat is the problem ? Technically I think the hammer rebound may differ somehow when the soundboard is free to move, but this is not very well perceived particularly on recordings Playing stacatto there is less action & key impact bump, and mor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transposition Fingerings by bennevis @ 05/21/15 06:46 AM

Originally Posted By qazsedcft I'm just talking about very simple pieces. As a general guideline, I'd follow Chopin's advice - for him, the B major scale is the easiest to play, because it conforms to the natural shape of the hand: 1 & 5 on w
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai dealer: 280 km roundtrip for nuttin by Qaroll @ 05/21/15 06:43 AM

If I were you, I would call the manager of the shop directy and tell him about the situation. Well, actually I would demand to talk with him in person when I was at the shop If I would experience treatment like you did. I believe those guys will get
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein B208 or Schimmel K230 by N e v e r l a n d @ 05/21/15 06:37 AM

Exactly is. So how do I judge or determine the "true value" for a piano. I can only make a comparison.:(
Jump to new posts Re: The "piano meastro" - anyone ever buy/use it by dire tonic @ 05/21/15 06:37 AM

Originally Posted By Thomas BOriginally Posted By BellicapelliOriginally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By BellicapelliYou can nicely play without reading, or even be able to read. The point is: do you know what you're doing? Playing nicely? W
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By LakeviewsteveBosendorfer was purchased by Yamaha a few years ago. I went to two master classes at Bosendorfer (2013 and 2014) and asked if Yamaha had started using any Bosendorfer technology or methods and the people at Bosendor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What sounds like like mellow Yamaha, except moreso? by sirwormsalot @ 05/21/15 06:27 AM

Life is inherently selfish. Those who are not find themselves without money and unattractive to the opposite sex. So yes, I am blaming humans for the state of affairs we find ourselves in. A very small percent of the population owns a very large amo
Piano Forum
Are you saying that we greedy people are suffering because we are greedy? If yes, I agree.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What sounds like like mellow Yamaha, except moreso? by sirwormsalot @ 05/21/15 06:21 AM

and why is that? People are greedy. Therego, piano corporations are greedy and we have to suffer for it.
I did not like the CLP series. The touch is not as nice. The Kawai touch is heavy and feels softer than Roland. Roland feels hard from memory. My final choices were Kawai and Roland. I bought a used Kawai CA95 in the end because it was available.
Page 110 of 112 < 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1909 Blüthner Grand Piano, Presentation by Ute Neumerkel
by Michael Sayers
55 minutes 28 seconds ago
Javier Liebana Castillo's improvisations
by Michael Sayers
Today at 02:43 AM
Yamaha C2 from 2003
by RaindropPrelude
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
"Tone" and "balance"
by qazsedcft
Yesterday at 05:38 PM
Which Beethoven sonata has this rhythm?
by JoelW
Yesterday at 02:56 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,446 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,389 Topics
2,411,496 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission