Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed…Kawai VPC1 by Maxpiano @ 08/21/14 03:42 AM

EP has a point here: actually in Windows you can use the free Virtual MIDI driver http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/virtualmidi.html to create virtual ports and route the VPC1 midi both to Piano Marvel AND a SW instrument (and/or have Piano Marv
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by trigalg693 @ 08/21/14 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: argerichfan Point taken, though Chopin certainly has his moments, measure 31 in Chopin 10/1 for example. It has always been a nasty piece of business for me when using the intended fingering: 1245 1245. Peters gives an alterna
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Starting with a new teacher by Whizbang @ 08/21/14 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: alansSo many of the people here have so much admiration for their teachers,it is really wonderful to read about. I've had that experience with teachers on other instruments in the past but I'm coming out of a bad period now and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by phantomFive @ 08/21/14 03:27 AM

Nice pictures. You have an eye for photography.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Keyboard Harmony by Phil DeGreg by chrisbell @ 08/21/14 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: bagatelleThis is really helpful - thanks for taking the time to put together this response. I am going to play around with these ideas - the voicing concept is new to me. But I think you've also helped me understand that I real
Jump to new posts POSTING PICTURES by bluebilly @ 08/21/14 03:19 AM

I posted a number of pictures in posts using the old method, but the new way has me beaten, or I'm getting too old to absorb new stuff.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: on revisiting Chopin Etudes by trigalg693 @ 08/21/14 03:15 AM

"The surest path to technical mastery is thinking about musical issues. It's not just a bunch of notes, it's a musical line, and once you really feel it that way, your hands will know what to do in a way that transcends thinking about it note-by
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: SaranoyaI'm considering not going back for piano lessons, come September. No. Well, look, if your heart isn't in it, then you don't have to go back. That doesn't sound like the case at all. But if it's because you don't have
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: earlofmarThe pieces you guys have selected are well within your range even now (based on recent recital performances) and are not played very fast either. Nine months is a long time, especially in your first year of piano when
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Musically Mechanically by johan d @ 08/21/14 02:56 AM

And here's my version :-) http://soundcloud.com/jdg072/17-1
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Search by rlinkt @ 08/21/14 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: laguna_greg I won't even tell you what I paid my teacher in Paris for lessons. Franc for franc, every lesson cost more than the monthly rent for my studio. Of course, he was a pianist and composer who gave more than 60 concert
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha NU1 or Roland HP508 by spanishbuddha @ 08/21/14 02:46 AM

Either will do just fine for ABRSM level 2 and more. The Roland offers more options for the money, but the NU1 has a key action just like a piano. If you are adapting just fine going from your 105 to a real piano then the Roland is the better choice.
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Keyboard Harmony by Phil DeGreg by bagatelle @ 08/21/14 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Michael MartinezIf you're up for video lessons, you can't do any better than Paul Abrahams site: www.learnjazzpianoonline.com For books, the best for where you're at are the following: The Jazz Harmony Book. by David Berkman T
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Keyboard Harmony by Phil DeGreg by bagatelle @ 08/21/14 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: chrisbellThe II-V-I is the most fundamental chord progression in jazz. Key of C: Dm7 - G7 - CMaj7 m7: 1 b3 5 b7 (of the scale) 7: 1 3 5 b7 Maj7: 1 3 5 7 A basic way of playing a chord is root and 7 in LH, the "rest"
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by Markarian @ 08/21/14 02:32 AM

Phacke's right. This is a darker stain of wood. You better believe I would have left that piano where it sat if that were a separation! Another thing Phacke mentioned hold's true: Steinway's trying to bring the Hamburg and New York designs closer to
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Keyboard Harmony by Phil DeGreg by bagatelle @ 08/21/14 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: jjoYou had 12 years of classical lessons but don't know all 12 key signatures? That's correct. I realized once I got older that my teachers never taught me basic theory concepts - for each piece I would just memorize what
Pianist Corner
It looks like an acoustic piano though? or is it a digital with a fancy cabinet?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by earlofmar @ 08/21/14 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: peterwsBlimey this recital is HUGE . . . . .How could anybody write so much stuff? he only had a small paper round
Adult Beginners Forum
Quote:Mandy: Regarding the Schumann recital, I know what you mean about being worried. We're not alone, though, as there's a support thread for it. I printed out a copy of "Melodi" which is the one I selected, but I don't know if it's tru
Composer's Lounge
I'm going to postpone CP1 analysis, I've found this http://www.deconstruction-in-music.com/p...trapunctus.html and realized in how deep water I am. Going back to fux style fugues for now.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: on revisiting Chopin Etudes by hreichgott @ 08/21/14 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: beet31425 The "musicality" and the "technique" should be thought of very related, possibly even the same thing. The surest path to technical mastery is thinking about musical issues. It's not just a bunch of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by 8 Octaves @ 08/21/14 02:23 AM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. Note: I have tried to separate out multi-movement works where possib
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How many years? by Atrys @ 08/21/14 02:22 AM

Inbox me and I'll ask you some questions. I'll give you an answer with a window of 2 months and it'll be correct. And I'll prove it with math.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Search by John v.d.Brook @ 08/21/14 02:21 AM

Greg, my last teacher charged $180/hr and like yours, was worth every penny. The problem the OP and other beginners face, is that they have few skills to differentiate teachers' abilities and skills to match their learning needs. At the other extre
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How many years? by hreichgott @ 08/21/14 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: schumoneyHow many years would you say that it would be reasonable to expect it to take to go from the level of playing pieces like Mozart's K 330, Schubert Impromptus op 90, and Beethoven's Op 2 No 1 to the level of playing Chop
Page 110 of 112 < 1 2 ... 108 109 110 111 112 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
126 registered (88 Fingers Jeff, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, 41 invisible), 1254 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75968 Members
42 Forums
157099 Topics
2307186 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York?
by Paul678
23 minutes 30 seconds ago
The Mooozart Effect
by Rich Galassini
Today at 06:13 PM
What would you do in this situation?
by CountSmith
Today at 05:55 PM
An aural and visual demonstration of the Skeleton.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
Today at 05:09 PM
tunelab update
by michaelopolis
Today at 04:40 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission