Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: pv881) Do you ever give reviews or comments on other members recordings? I used to, but I have mainly ceased to do so.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Clair de Lune - Four hands? Two pianos? Cadenzas? by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryShoneOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: LarryShoneOriginally Posted By: JoelWOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: LarryShoneClare de Lune is a lovely perfect piece! I want to learn it b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Question about estate planning by swampwiz @ 04/14/14 12:05 PM

I am wondering if anyone has given any thought about what to do upon his untimely demise. I suppose that folks that have children that play and want to keep, the question is easy. I would think the best thing to do is to find a local dealer and let
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering an August Forster 125 by kapelli @ 04/14/14 12:04 PM

Firstly sorry about your wife. Grand piano is beautiful by itself, so you need to convince her. Or put in in another room if you have place. Or tell her, that veritable are ugly things, and show her bosendorfer Klimt - maybe she will love it and sho
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Silencing PX150 by bharatbash @ 04/14/14 12:04 PM

Are those Grado SR60's ?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in E flat (this is a good one!) by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: larryzWould it be totally wrong to compare this piece in both rythm, harmony and style to Erik Saties sarabandes? I do see some resemblance, yes. Steve, ChopinAddict, and Joel, thank you for your input. Batuhan, please stop t
Pianist Corner
If he can do justice to the Brahms first, why would he need to simplify the Wanderer Fantasy?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations and opinions. by Marko in Boston @ 04/14/14 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: peterws I used to play the organ at a Crematorium for a living . . . Why am I not surprised
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by GLR @ 04/14/14 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesThank you for the confirmation Jay. I wonder why the power inlet was changed on the RD-800? James x I was wondering something like that myself. More importantly why were both sockets designed so similar that they
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts "with pedal" meaning by Yamaha Player @ 04/14/14 11:52 AM

Some sheet music I have just has the term With Pedal at the very beginning (below the bass clef lines)with no other mention of Pedal or any of the normal pedal related notation markings. I was wondering how I should treat this With Pedal direction ?
Adult Beginners Forum
Being an ex shipyard worker, some o` my comments are a bit ripe. I remember once at a college in Middlesborough, the class of engineering students taught this Pakistani guy to swear. So he did. In class . . . .
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Impromptu in B major by Batuhan @ 04/14/14 11:44 AM

its like hanon exercise
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts NY Times reviews of Jeremy Denk and Uchida recitals by pianoloverus @ 04/14/14 11:42 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/14/arts/m....html?ref=music http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/14/arts/m....html?ref=music I've heard Uchida many times live but I've never heard Denk live in recital. Both are sensational IMO.
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq and Reverb . . by peterws @ 04/14/14 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By: stamkorgGood to hear your system is ok now, I am an happy Pianoteq's user too and am waiting the new V5 which is supposed to be there until the end of may. My preference is the U4 "Black", it sing in the house with it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time ever with an acoustic piano ! by bharatbash @ 04/14/14 11:42 AM

Michaelha - This might be the case, although for a first timer my ears couldnt tell much difference. PhilipInChina - Yes! You are absolutely spot on with that !
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in E flat (this is a good one!) by Batuhan @ 04/14/14 11:41 AM

This is just a noise its disturbing waste of time.
Adult Beginners Forum
jamie_vt, I really liked your piece!
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq and Reverb . . by stamkorg @ 04/14/14 11:39 AM

Good to hear your system is ok now, I am an happy Pianoteq's user too and am waiting the new V5 which is supposed to be there until the end of may. My preference is the U4 "Black", it sing in the house with its more intimate sound
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations and opinions. by peterws @ 04/14/14 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonPete, how dare you say my baby is ugly! Plus, the DP90 looks like a keyboard stuck in a coffin. I used to play the organ at a Crematorium for a living . . .
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations and opinions. by peterws @ 04/14/14 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan ClarkOriginally Posted By: peterwsIf I just wanted a piano, I`d get the ES7 if it wasn`t so darned ugly . . a Roland DP 90 is pricey, but probably worth it for sound and looks . . . Oooooh, now you stepped in it!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by TwoSnowflakes @ 04/14/14 11:34 AM

I would venture to guess that anybody who is left handed has had extensive experience using their right hand anyway. It's impossible not to in a right-handed world. There may be dexterity issues with the right hand but a left handed person's non-do
Usually you can hear the notes thumping on a digital by neighbours. I woke mine up at 2 am when I was playing to alleviate toothache . . .the walls weren`t that thin . . .Keyboards have improved since then, I reckon. Old Yamahas were dreadful.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Young Chang pianos? by michaelha @ 04/14/14 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyLarry, Another use of a stencil is when a company resurrects the name/logo of a long gone company to create the image that the company is still building pianos and that they are the same as the original. Story &a
Adult Beginners Forum
Is that the bottom of Temescal and PCH? Inquiring minds and all Oh and one other thing, Adrien Brody played piano as a child.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time ever with an acoustic piano ! by PhilipInChina @ 04/14/14 11:23 AM

The difference is all the difference in the world. I used to practice on a DP but once I had been playing an acoustic it spoilt me.
Page 111 of 138 < 1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 137 138 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
132 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, anotherscott, Atrys, 43 invisible), 1395 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153592 Topics
2251068 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
CA glue applications
by accordeur
45 seconds ago
Casio PX 850
by ryand90
Today at 07:41 PM
Am I Too Old?
by HatemTarek22
Today at 07:34 PM
New 52" upright with 10K budget?
by WCSdancer
Today at 07:26 PM
give up on old acoustics and buy a digital?
by carojm36
Today at 06:41 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission