Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Classical: Beethoven: op.27/2, 1st movement (Moonlight) Mozart: K331, 3rd movement (Alla Turca) Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody Nr.2 Pop: Various songs by Chris de Burgh, Charles Trenet My Way / Comme d'habitude Musical: My fair lady: With a little bit o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things are not working out for me by Phil Greenough @ 07/25/14 05:10 AM

I cannot give any meaningful advice on your predicament Teodor as I have only been learning piano for a few months, however, I can offer life experience. At fifty five I've learned a few things and one of them is not to give up, you may regret it a
Piano Forum
Interesting graph! In my dum-dum lingo, am I correct that the pattern of pitch changes is not a result of the frame construction, but of the different string wire thicknesses (and therefore the different relative tensions the strings are under)? Stri
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: sullivangMacMacMac: You are taking the same overly simplistic view that I had, IMHO. There have been at least two reports that I'm aware of now (one from Macy - I forget who the other was) from users who were able to use a smal
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro by musicpassion @ 07/25/14 05:04 AM

Since my ipad battery is almost dead I'll make this short, with just one idea: In m21 and m22 there are several important musical directions. First the appassionato, which was already mentioned. Then the fermata. Then the rit., which works with t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube! :) by Dara @ 07/25/14 04:56 AM

I just listened to your piano piece PianoPlayer98. It's a nice little piece, not terribly original, and overly relying on cliche emotive patterns. Sounds like nothing distinctive... where, who.... are you, in your piano playing? Welcome to PW,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the purpose of learning a song's chords? by AndrewJCW @ 07/25/14 04:54 AM

Chords are very important if you want to play in a band setting, or really any setting where there are other instruments. It's very likely other instruments will cover the melody (ie. vocals if you have a singer). In this situation piano's job is oft
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by maurus @ 07/25/14 04:38 AM

Well, Marty, it may be that you are not accustomed to urban life in a European city such as Vienna.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Sufficient for a Newbie by maurus @ 07/25/14 04:33 AM

What AJF says: getting a good teacher is the real issue. Of course it is more rewarding to practice on a real piano, but there are situations where this is not an option, at least for some time. Determination, practice, and the best teacher you can f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mendelssohn on meaning in music by maurus @ 07/25/14 04:26 AM

Mendelssohn's quote is certainly provocative. But: His remarks on the ambiguity of written or spoken words are spot on. If music is a language, it is a very different one than ordinary language. And as usual, there is a problem of translation between
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: RetsacnalOnce when I was returning from overseas, the flight attendant was explaining the Immigration and Customs forms so that passengers could have them filled out before arrival. She explained that U.S. citizens needed only t
Adult Beginners Forum
Did anyone manage to get any videos of playing at all? I'd be interested in seeing anything we might have.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Surge protection? by MacMacMac @ 07/25/14 04:09 AM

Sinewave technology! Wowzer! Just imagine! Please don't be fooled by "sinewave technology". It snake-oil market-speak. Of course it has sine waves. What else would it have? Or, in the same vein ... My floors have flat technology. My ho
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Mendelssohn on meaning in music by phantomFive @ 07/25/14 04:08 AM

We've discussed meaning in music before here, and I came across this quote by Mendelssohn talking about that very topic. Here is what he wrote in 1842: "People often complain that music is too ambiguous. With me, it is the exact opposite, and n
Adult Beginners Forum
Welcome MandyD! I know what you mean, sometimes it seems a little bit like this is the only actual Adult Beginners thread in this forum. Reinforcing is good, sometimes all you really need is a rest and a break for a day to really make progress. Bl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube! :) by PianoPlayer98 @ 07/25/14 04:02 AM

I only just joined the forums recently so I don't know how it all works. Sorry if I've offended you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube! :) by Nikolas @ 07/25/14 03:59 AM

With 3 posts right now, two of them in this thread, I'd say that you're looking for traffic. If you want, join the community, offer and receive. This is how it roughly works around here. Otherwise it's a bit spammy to just join to link your youtube
Piano Forum
Thank you.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help with hearing chord progressions by ttttcrngyblflpp @ 07/25/14 03:36 AM

Thanks for everyone's advice. I have been applying the `listening to the bass note' technique, and while it doesn't tell you the root of the chord, it usually gives big hints as to what the chord is when you take into account the melodic note/s. I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube! :) by PianoPlayer98 @ 07/25/14 03:30 AM

I'm looking to have fun with my piano playing. If you could give me tips on how to improve that would be much appreciated
Pianist Corner
Pover -- I'm sure they'll appreciate what you've said, but I feel bad for you that you feel so bad about it. I would hope that people will feel free to volunteer for these recitals without having to worry about feeling so terribly guilty if it doesn'
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: Mazurka in G-sharp minor, Op. 33 No. 1 by noobpianist90 @ 07/25/14 03:12 AM

I liked it. I look forward to listening to the recording of the polished piece.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTon pianos with short NSL (spinets, near the tenor break) do you find 9-12 difficult. If so, how did you deal with it? Yesterday did tuning upright piano "WEINBACH" GDRs end 60th years. NSL really sh
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What brand of solid string to use? by Grandpianoman @ 07/25/14 02:58 AM

Ed, thanks for your offer. I am pretty busy right now with my work, but will def take you up on it in the near future. This Steinway project is at least 2-3 months from starting, so no rush. Yes, that is the original case.
Pianist Corner
Everyone, I have an apology to make... I am very very very sorry for not being able to participate! Everything was going according to plan, but then an unexpected trip came along. I had to visit a couple of places (outside the country) in order to g
Page 111 of 112 < 1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
118 registered (Acevle, Abby Pianoman, accordeur, 38 invisible), 1411 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156324 Topics
2295841 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland RD800 initial impressions
by fizikisto
2 minutes 53 seconds ago
Connected Slurs
by TX-Bluebonnet
14 minutes 10 seconds ago
Recital 35 --- Call For Submissions
by AB Forum Recital
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Hoping for some suggestions/starting point for home keyboard
by Kubla
Yesterday at 10:00 PM
Brass
by Retsacnal
Yesterday at 09:28 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission