Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
161 registered (Agfinguy, A Guy, accordeur, *blackrose, 36251, 45 invisible), 1562 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Octaves and the relaxed hand by Charles Cohen @ 02/22/15 03:41 PM

FWIW -- I've been learning "Get Your Mojo Working", with a bass pattern of a repeating, ascending 7th chord arpeggio -- E'-E-B-D-E'-E-B-D-E' My hand will comfortably cover an octave, and cover a ninth if it's stretched a bit. My teacher
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Custom Fazioli Case for F308--with matching furniture by Piano_Brazil @ 02/22/15 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By fazmanThank you Robert for posting, I appreciate everyone's kind comments, especially Rod who is so well respected in our community! Naturally, I agree with Robert's viewpoint, and to answer the concerns of some - yes - the pi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HELP - My beloved Bluthner is dead... by joe80 @ 02/22/15 03:40 PM

The 1887 Blüthner on the video really sounds, well, pretty terrible, and the 1921 Ibach at Klavierhalle is toned so hard! The rebuilt Blüthner sounds good, but the pianist is a bit cack handed at times........
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by griffin2417 @ 02/22/15 03:39 PM

Peyton, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated listening to "On the Surface of Things." I'm certainly not qualified to give technical advice. However, I truly enjoyed listening. I'm always impressed with those who can compo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please inspire me to keep going... by malkin @ 02/22/15 03:26 PM

Is there some reason why you are in a hurry?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: which new piano for community centre? by malkin @ 02/22/15 03:25 PM

Perhaps you could sweet talk Cavendish into a loan for the hall: very good publicity for them, and you could get something of a tank or a digital for the cafe to go with the door, the radiator and the damp.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by Chris Leslie @ 02/22/15 03:25 PM

Pure sine waves at pure 5th: Pure sine waves at tempered 5th:
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Specs on paper vs overall sound by jimb100 @ 02/22/15 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By voxpops[quote=dmd][quote=dewster] 5. DPs are imperfect. Couldn't disagree more. You imply there is some example available for comparison. I'm sure you'll name some acoustic grand piano and point out deficiencies. But is th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please inspire me to keep going... by EM Deeka @ 02/22/15 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By MicrodotHi .... Experiencing a mini low point that happens every now and again where the journey of learning piano seems incredibly long and difficult. I'm somewhere between grade 2/3 standard and my goal is to get to the point w
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by Withindale @ 02/22/15 03:23 PM

Or try this online generator.
Originally Posted By lolatu 1) In their default forum, the Global Presets are not really usable for me, since repedalling / half pedalling / una corda are all turned off, which I always want to be on, as well as some tweaking to reverb etc. Is there
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI editing... by Lester Burnham @ 02/22/15 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenMaybe it's time to learn Cubase? At least, enough of it to do what you want to do. . Charles Kinda been playing around with it - not got exactly where I want with it, yet, though. I suspect it's capable of doing
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: which new piano for community centre? by chickenlump @ 02/22/15 03:08 PM

Have you thought of a digital piano? Some of the high-end models would have realistic actions and decent sounds for the type of casual use you speak of. Higher end Kawai, Roland or Yamaha would fit the bill. The benefits also include not being affec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by wimpiano @ 02/22/15 03:08 PM

I'm really looking forward to it Jeffrey
Originally Posted By mabramanOn D#3: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1975071/Re:_Vintage_D.html Edited: broken link I can try to re-upload my .nki solutions to the d#3 problem if I find a usable file-storage service ...but it
Originally Posted By gg22PHA-4 Standard is definitely much closer to Ivory Feel-G then to PHA-4 Premium. At least to me - I can't tell any difference between PHA-4 Standard and Ivory Feel-G. Not that Feel-G is a bad action, many people like it. But i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please inspire me to keep going... by dmd @ 02/22/15 02:47 PM

If you do your part, you will get there eventually. Your part is to practice a little bit each day and do not move too fast from one thing to another. Work on things until you can play them pretty well. Stop trying to go fast. Also, a teacher
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by BDB @ 02/22/15 02:46 PM

But there are beats. I put graphs in the Image area.
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 02/22/15 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By rysowersIt seems like it would be plausible to do an experiment where the frequency of the coincidental partial in an interval (like a 4th) is filtered out. If there is still beating in the interval it would offer proof that ther
Pianist Corner
Please go here to listen to the concert! http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2389602.html#Post2389602
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakesOriginally Posted By pianoman9 I think it's funny how people try to separate technique from emotional delivery. It's only when you have completely mastered the technical aspects of the piano, as LL clearly has, tha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please inspire me to keep going... by EM Deeka @ 02/22/15 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By Rerun Hey MD, I'd tell you to experiment with playing by ear. Go to youtube, key up the EASIEST pop tune you'd like to learn to play then see if your ears/fingers can make some headway on it. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts February 2015 PW Concert Program by hreichgott @ 02/22/15 02:40 PM

I'm delighted to announce this concert! There was no theme this time. Just good music played very, very well. There are some extremely good performances on this hour-and-a-half program and I hope everyone will enjoy listening. https://soundcloud.com
Jump to new posts Re: Bluthner Digital Pianos at NAMM 2015 by dewster @ 02/22/15 02:40 PM

I was just trying to clarify the "Watts AC" => "Watts RMS" => acoustic Watts thing where there is a quite marked and somewhat variable decrease at each stage, with the transducer(s) supplying the lion's share of the overall
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P70 - tech/troubleshooting help by spanishbuddha @ 02/22/15 02:37 PM

1) Ask Yamaha. 2) Ask a friend, who knows electronics, to debug and fix it it for you. 3) Same as 2 but local friendly service shop. 4) Buy used, perhaps broken one, on CL, eBay, and swap parts. 5) Sell it for spares and buy a new DP.
Page 112 of 114 < 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
March Piano Bar
by kenjazz
2 minutes 34 seconds ago
Bechstein Upright?
by Treepete
Today at 11:30 AM
Developing your musicianship
by Dru Morgan
Today at 11:22 AM
Czerny exercises - staccato?
by Eric NYC
Today at 10:47 AM
Rosalyn Tureck plays J.S.Bach - Prelude and Fugue in A Minor
by pianoman9
Today at 07:33 AM
Forum Stats
78,356 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,952 Topics
2,378,269 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission