Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by zrtf90 @ 04/13/14 04:45 PM

Nice to seem some activity in the thread from some other voices. Thanks, folks, for dropping by and keeping Recaredo company, who's been a pillar of strength here. My last two postings were both from albums where I just had to replace the vinyls wi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by Verbum mirabilis @ 04/13/14 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: Verbum mirabilis I don't think being a lefty has put me "at a disadvantage". Whether you "think" so or not doesn't have any bearing on its truth. Having a left hand that is domina
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: alfredo capursoOriginally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: Ed SuttonThe historical, philosophical and musical arguments on temperament have been circling for a long time. Objective statistics abou
Jump to new posts Re: Why the switch from Well-Temperament to Equal-Temperament? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 04/13/14 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: BDB I do not know why composers of musicals chose songs to be in the keys that they are, but it seems unlikely that temperament had anything to do with it. Why does it seem unlikely to you? It seems very likely to me. Those s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Back to Playing After a 25 Year Absence by Music Me @ 04/13/14 04:30 PM

I absolutely love reading all of these posts. All of you have centered on the core of it all:enjoy and love playing; silence the inner critic. I have my own story, having taken two sabbaticals from the piano in my life. I will write my story later
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music school selling pianos on consignment..? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/13/14 04:22 PM

There have been instances where my business suffered from a teacher who was receiving undisclosed commissions from a dealer when the students family was considering one of my instruments-the teacher created much doubt about me even though while tryi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which one? by Retsacnal @ 04/13/14 04:22 PM

I'm going to take the contrarian point-of-view and tell you that you can indeed find a nice grand piano for $3000, and even less. Not if you're going hunting in retail stores, of course, or expect a full-service shopping experience, but if you're wil
Piano Forum
Financial interest is anathema to trust. Also what's a pittance? Are we talking a gift certificate to a restaurant or as I have heard in string instrument sales, ten percent of the sale price? Two problems with I have with these kickbacks for t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by Recaredo @ 04/13/14 04:17 PM

Hiya Wayne, hope you're doing well dude! Larry, Carl, glad you liked that duet. Happy week to everyone!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Printed books included in CA65/CA95 by khopin @ 04/13/14 04:17 PM

A question for all the lucky owners of a Kawai CA65/95. What printed version books are included with the Piano? Thank's
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts How to flavor chords on piano? by Visalia @ 04/13/14 04:16 PM

I'm a guitar player who wants to get good a piano too. But unlike guitar, since there's two hands involved, I'm not good enough to improvise with new melody while doing the bass and chords at the same time. Also... in songs, when a chord is held for
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts How to improve Sight reading by Lily33 @ 04/13/14 04:11 PM

My daughter started to learn piano at 5 and half year old, after three years, she still make mistakes on reading music note,and she read very slowly for each new music piece that she starts. This frustrate me and her teacher very much. I want to g
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Clair de Lune - Four hands? Two pianos? Cadenzas? by pianoloverus @ 04/13/14 04:06 PM

If you've gotten of the original solo version why not learn a completely different piece? It's hard to imagine how this piece could be improved by adding a second pianist or extra notes. It's hard to imagine the result of doing so would be anything o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This coming Sunday - 3 pm - a really cool event by wimpiano @ 04/13/14 04:00 PM

We're just suckers for free stuff so advertising hidden intelligently behind free stuff is always welcome Unfortunately Philly is a bit out of the way for me. Would love to be there though.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music school selling pianos on consignment..? by Jay Roland @ 04/13/14 03:58 PM

This phrase "conflict of interest" keeps coming up. It's frankly distasteful. If there is a solid relationship BUILT on trust that is between teacher and student, and teacher and retailer, there is no conflict. There is only gain. For the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Back to Playing After a 25 Year Absence by zillybug @ 04/13/14 03:57 PM

I returned to the piano 3 years ago at age 65 after not touching a piano for over 35 years and not taking lessons and practicing seriously for over 45 years. I did not even remember how to read the bass clef. I went through the first 2 Alfred adult b
Jump to new posts Re: calling all sound engineers by craig son of berg @ 04/13/14 03:55 PM

thanks everyone for your help. I will try it all the ways everyone said and let you know what works for me. Btw I am able to improve the sound with galaxy pianos by turning off concert hall effect(big diff in bass) and dynamic range of piano and low
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music school selling pianos on consignment..? by sophial @ 04/13/14 03:55 PM

AJF, with a dealer you're in a commercial relationship, so bias is part and parcel of it. In this situation, there is both a teaching relationship and a commercial one-- and hence the conflict of interest. Here is what the OP said above: "We
I think the pitch of operas was chosen to suit the contraltos and the baritones' singing range. That way when the tenor and the soprano were inevitably killed off at the end no one would mind all that much 'cause they had been murdering the intervals
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Simple performance question by BruceD @ 04/13/14 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottBut not even a warmup instrument in some other room? Two of my examinations were held in non-musical venues (city Art Gallery reception area and downtown hotel conference room) where there were no other "warmup
Pianist Corner
I can't imagine why anyone would want to bastardise a work that is pretty well near perfect as it is. Arpeggios? Cadenzas? Save us from such sins and misdemeanors!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This coming Sunday - 3 pm - a really cool event by BrainCramp @ 04/13/14 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyIs the rock for sale? Is the piano for sale? Is there an admission? Oh, and they're even giving the audience food treats. To a marketing professional's eye, the fact that it's a free event with free refreshmen
Piano Forum
It depends on what John wants for it, if he's just wanting rid of it and gives it o me, then I'd certainly be willing to have it although I already have a Paul Newman baby grand which you can see on my other posts, so really I don't need another and
Jump to new posts Re: First impressions of the MP11 by Phlox @ 04/13/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesPhlox's persistence eventually paid off. x
Piano Forum
Your worried about a teacher's bias in recommending a piano to their students for a pittance of a commission? What does that say for the bias of a piano DEALER? They have a lot more to gain than a teacher. I guess you can't really win. Everyone has b
Page 112 of 134 < 1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 133 134 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
97 registered (3rd Ear, Atrys, accordeur, 28 invisible), 1132 Guests and 31 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153568 Topics
2250679 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Upright - Please help identify
by awyaks
04/19/14 01:00 AM
song i wrote. people in clubs love it
by jedplays
04/18/14 10:49 PM
Fazioli "factory tour" video.
by R_B
04/18/14 10:27 PM
Piano Science
by venice1
04/18/14 09:59 PM
MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences?
by Marko in Boston
04/18/14 09:08 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission