Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
I think it`s with a sense of great relief when your submission is done, whether good or otherwise . . maybe more for this Tchaikovsky one than for the others. I will never ever ever touch Op 72 1 again. Never never never . . . . say never! Spent 6
Piano Teachers Forum
I have an Ipad mini with a Zagg keyboard attached. I bring it to every lesson. I keep records of what the student is working on and I type the assignments and email it to the student/parent. Some don't check their email or don't have email, so for
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pics of my new Feurich 172 by David-G @ 04/12/14 04:30 AM

The Feurich looks a lovely piano. Congratulations.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher expectations - or lack thereof? by musicpassion @ 04/12/14 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: CranesWhen a child goes to school, there usually is a curriculum that he/she is supposed to follow. A goal of what they are expected to accomplish that year, if you will. And if they are not working at a steady curve, the teache
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Sonata no.3 - analyse by chopinoholic @ 04/12/14 03:54 AM

Can you guys please get a room or something. Sorry Sprehod, for these guys hijacking your thread. This is normally a very nice forum. Don't go away. Welcome to the forums!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Sonata no.3 - analyse by pv88 @ 04/12/14 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOh lord, you are so full of yourself. It's so obvious to anyone that reads your posts. You must be a very sad, lonely man to troll forums and contribute nothing of value with ~6200 posts. Even here, it's obvious that cater
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music school selling pianos on consignment..? by musicpassion @ 04/12/14 03:31 AM

I've never heard of a dealer providing pianos for lessons in the manner you are describing. It's too hard on the pianos. I have heard of dealers providing pianos that might only be used once a month or something (in a recital room for example). Th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing fingers because it's LEGATO ? by Derulux @ 04/12/14 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: albynismAlso as an alternative to bar 3 and 4 fingering, you might want to try 52, 41, 21. I was considering this, too. Alternatively, you can also consider 52-41-31.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music school selling pianos on consignment..? by briansaddleback @ 04/12/14 03:19 AM

So I have a broken down car, I need a new one, but instead of just purchasing one or leasing one, I try to get a dealership to give me a car, to drive around for free, and in the process ask for a commission if I get someone to like my car and buy fr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing fingers because it's LEGATO ? by briansaddleback @ 04/12/14 03:04 AM

What's wrong with 53 42 31 on the first measure? Not sure why everyone is over complicating that one.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Consolation 3 and sustain pedal question by Charles Cohen @ 04/12/14 02:45 AM

I don't know if Debussy specified the use of the sostenuto pedal, but he wrote stuff that can only be played "as written" if you use it. To start, look at measures 10-15 of "Claire de Lune". It's possible to pedal through each m
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
In cases when tree strings together sound too flat, I tune the first to the verituner, the second to the first aurally ( there is already a tendency hearable) then the third to the rest, compare to the verituner again. The measured unison is e. g. 0.
Adult Beginners Forum
close call...I submitted earlier today feeling quite pleased with myself. Then went and had some lunch and came back and not knowing why I gave my piece another run through. Much better than what I had already submitted, I listened back to my origina
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Rhythm by Gary D. @ 04/12/14 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary D. But there is only one triplet, on beat one of the second to last measure, so every student I have taught has disliked this piece. One blasted triplet. Originally Posted By: Jonathan Baker I laughed out loud reading you
Piano Forum
It's the same difference between a good singer and a bad singer.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by accordeur @ 04/12/14 02:13 AM

Yes they get parts changed often, (often being a relative term) but they are still profitable. They do the job they were meant to do. Anyways, I have been a tech for 28 years now. I have never worked with WNG parts. But Yamaha jacks, Kawai ABS etc..
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest song ever written by caters @ 04/12/14 02:02 AM

I don't normally get bass and treble clef confused but somebody else said that the bottom note in that picture is contra C. As far as clefs what I often get confused about is bass clef to tenor clef translation and treble clef to alto clef translati
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: First impressions of the MP11 by Joe Garfield @ 04/12/14 02:00 AM

I don't mean to drag this on, but, while I still don't understand what issues people have with the 'letoff' simulation, I wanted to point out that it is adjustable and removable if it bothers you that much. I am considering making mine a touch more n
Jump to new posts Midi Keyboards with Looper and PC by Var @ 04/12/14 01:57 AM

Hey everyone. I'm new around here and hoping some of you can help me avoid some buying mistakes. It appears that a common way to connect a looper with a midi keyboard or DP is through an amp. I plan to do this for general practice but would also like
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTA good piano gives a pianist the greatest degree of freedom in producing music with a great amount of emotional information-and projects that information well to the listeners in the acoustic space with it. A b
Jump to new posts Re: New to digital painos by peterws @ 04/12/14 01:53 AM

I have pianoteq on mine, and it`s very good particularly for recording. But you might find you can de tune your P105 using the internal menu, and achieve a similar honky tonk effect . . .
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baroque for Beginners? by AZNpiano @ 04/12/14 01:48 AM

Maybe the editors put the anthologized works in chronological order?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by BDB @ 04/12/14 01:46 AM

Old planes get parts replaced a lot more often than old pianos. Even so, pianos last a lot longer than planes do.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Sonata no.3 - analyse by sprehod @ 04/12/14 01:41 AM

Thanks PianoAddict and Mark_C. For other posts I will write just no comment, it goes to far.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Career Academy anyone? Alternative Piano Lessons by billrogersandiego @ 04/12/14 01:40 AM

I've been considering trying her lessons. The Youtube videos are really good very informative. And it's the Russian School of piano study.
Page 113 of 129 < 1 2 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 128 129 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
95 registered (anotherscott, bennevis, angelsong, 36251, 23 invisible), 1362 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153540 Topics
2250145 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano song requests?
by kent2012
11 minutes 48 seconds ago
Requests?
by kent2012
24 minutes 44 seconds ago
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
Today at 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission