Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough - Advice for talented piano students by Colin Thomson @ 07/22/14 02:25 PM

I really like this advice. It makes perfect sense to me.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by doctor S @ 07/22/14 02:25 PM

Other splenetic "greats" of old: Hans von Bulow (per Wikipedia) "had a strongly acerbic personality and a loose tongue"; (quotes also per Wiki): • "A tenor is not a man but a disease".[7] • To a tromboni
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help!! by OliviaWalter @ 07/22/14 02:25 PM

Hi Atrys! With better i mean, playing more complex music, and you are right practice is the right answer but i asked how I wanted to know How i should practice to be efficient better
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Donzo @ 07/22/14 02:24 PM

I bought several "easy piano" books from Amazon and also search the web for easy arrangements (my teacher always cautions me that there is "a lot of junk" on the web but the stuff I bring in often surprises her that it isn't that
Pianist Corner
Great advice, and not the first time I've heard it. Unfortunately, I seem to have real discomfort with the idea of learning a concerto.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by Art_Vandelay @ 07/22/14 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: the nosy apeOriginally Posted By: bennevis putting my own hat on (a Canadian Tilley hat, no less ) The wife and I have matching Forest Green T2's. These hats have had tons of use for almost 20 years and they show almost no si
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting Sound During Restringing by BillJZ @ 07/22/14 02:18 PM

WOW, lots of info here. Much over my head. I'm gathering that it's risky to try to get a lot change in sound due to a string change. My reason for asking is I'm typically finding 20 to 50 year old pianos that I love the tone of most of the piano, b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help!! by Atrys @ 07/22/14 02:18 PM

Can you narrow the scope a bit from "how do I get better" to some more specific questions? The answer to your broad question is simply "practice".
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough - Advice for talented piano students by chopin_r_us @ 07/22/14 02:16 PM

Surely it's the untalented that need the answers?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: carey Most folks become perfectly fine pianists without any knowledge whatsoever of those scientific physical laws. That's fine, but proper education is what enables more people who set out to play this instrument actually bec
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: chopin_r_usPainting is also bound by physical laws. Maybe find yourself an artist's forum? A painting forum would be irrelevant to my interests because I do not paint. I play piano, so piano forums a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Performing Chopin's preludes by carey @ 07/22/14 02:13 PM

I had a teacher once (in high school) who programmed the entire set - and played them all beautifully. Certainly something I could never do myself - because a couple of them are just too freakin' difficult.
Ad Pictures Only
gucci 財布 メンズ アディダスショップ 銀座 ナイキ &#28608
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Performing Chopin's preludes by carey @ 07/22/14 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: DamonHorowitz didn't.....but of course, he sucked. Wrong thread !!!!
Ad Pictures Only
グッチ バッグ 偽物 m993 ニューバランス オークリー
Pianist Corner
Don't feel bad. Everything, for me, is under-polished, and I feel like I'm scurrying to clean everything up so no one has to suffer when listening.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix Piano Club by carey @ 07/22/14 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Sweet06OMG!!! i'm in phoenix. i want to go to these!!! Farmgirl can anyone go? Apparently so - they haven't turned me away yet.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help!! by joonsang @ 07/22/14 02:08 PM

ultimately you are playing piano to make pleasant spunding music. record yourself and i guarantee you will know which phrases you need to work on in order to keep the tempo and phrasing of passages down.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by chopin_r_us @ 07/22/14 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Atrys A painting forum would be irrelevant to my interests because I do not paint. I play piano, so piano forums are relevant. O come on! Physical laws are physical laws. Give it a go - you couldn't do worse! I see what you
Pianist Corner
The deadline looms for submissions. I tried recording the first 2-part invention and I'm finding it really difficult to get a good take!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Atrys The act of piano playing is bound by physical laws which we learn about through the process of science. Most folks become perfectly fine pianists without any knowledge whatsoever of those scientific physical laws. Perhap
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Starr Keys..But the Coda is what I am most proud of.. - starting at 3:19?...as you should be - that's the best bit! Do you know the names of the chords you're playing throughout the coda or are they the product of noodling?...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by the nosy ape @ 07/22/14 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevis putting my own hat on (a Canadian Tilley hat, no less ) The wife and I have matching Forest Green T2's. These hats have had tons of use for almost 20 years and they show almost no signs of wear. Tilley Endurables ar
Pianist Corner
ha! let's hope he catches on - I know he recently performed the concerto after a long break with that piece.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix Piano Club by Sweet06 @ 07/22/14 01:55 PM

OMG!!! i'm in phoenix. i want to go to these!!! Farmgirl can anyone go?
Page 113 of 128 < 1 2 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 127 128 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
137 registered (accordeur, 36251, anotherscott, Alkanaut, 43 invisible), 1766 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75566 Members
42 Forums
156231 Topics
2294511 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Practicing slow is only part of it
by Sweet06
07/28/14 06:50 PM
Intro to Elton John's 'Nikita'
by Visalia
07/28/14 06:31 PM
Is a Yamaha P35 appropriate for church services?
by Giancarlo Robles
07/28/14 03:59 PM
Need suggestions for Music Room
by Gatsbee13
07/28/14 03:39 PM
Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions
by Dwscamel
07/28/14 12:52 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission